PDA

View Full Version : Best Love Melodies (Part 2)

NOV
8th September 2009, 08:23 AM
Ok, here is the list derived from the earlier thread here:
http://tfmpage.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1900618#1900618

I tried to insert a new poll in the existing thread, but all my attempts failed. :oops: Hence this new thread.

In this new poll, those with just one song led the earlier poll, while those with two songs received the least no of votes.

So, please vote for your choice of best love melody of AR Rahman. :D

littlemaster1982
8th September 2009, 10:40 AM
This is tougher than the previous poll :(

Scale
8th September 2009, 11:19 AM
:? NOV

Why 2 songs again in the poll? btw where is EUT/UU which has got atleast 1 vote but ennavale & mudhal murai nothing. puriyala

AudazJay
8th September 2009, 11:43 AM
Ok, here is the list derived from the earlier thread here:
http://tfmpage.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1900618#1900618

I tried to insert a new poll in the existing thread, but all my attempts failed. :oops: Hence this new thread.

In this new poll, those with just one song led the earlier poll, while those with two songs received the least no of votes.

So, please vote for your choice of best love melody of AR Rahman. :D

It's hard to vote when you put 2 songs together...some may not like one of the choices hence, they tend to skip voting for it altogether. :?

raajarasigan
8th September 2009, 11:58 AM
Could NOT understand the logic behind the second poll as it still contains two songs in many options.... :?

Need to filter more to have one song in each option (even if it is from the same film)...

NOV
8th September 2009, 12:44 PM
Guys, I tried to delete earlier poll and put in new one, but everything was deleted in the process. :oops:

Maybe I didnt make myself clear in the first post.

All those listed as solo songs received the most no of votes. The rest all received 3 votes each. Whatever songs not listed here got less than 3 votes.

If any of those that are listed as two songs gets maximum no of votes, we will have to do one more poll, in order to get the BEST love melody.

Cant think of any other better method. :(

dinesh2002
8th September 2009, 02:13 PM
Sneghidene :twisted: :D

crajkumar_be
8th September 2009, 03:01 PM
I think its better to bite the bullet and remove entries from the pairs.

Nerd
8th September 2009, 08:48 PM
Ingayum munbE vaa leading-aa? I like that song immensely but sometimes the rangO-rangOli gets on my nerves :twisted:

littlemaster1982
8th September 2009, 09:02 PM
Snegithane-dhaane leading :confused2:

crajkumar_be
8th September 2009, 09:06 PM
Ingayum munbE vaa leading-aa? I like that song immensely but sometimes the rangO-rangOli gets on my nerves :twisted:
I like that bit but if you sing that (mentally) you are at a risk of getting caught in an indefinite loop :lol:

Nerd
8th September 2009, 09:13 PM
LM, :oops: snEhidhanE also I don't like yA (as in choosing that as Rahman's bestest).

1,2,3,5,6,9 are worth it.

littlemaster1982
8th September 2009, 09:55 PM
LM, :oops: snEhidhanE also I don't like yA (as in choosing that as Rahman's bestest).

Musical terms-la best-nu single out pandradhu kashtam. That's really tough to say about any song of ARR. Aana, andha feel :notworthy:

Idhukku mela edhaavadhu sonna vambu :oops:

Appu s
8th September 2009, 10:20 PM
I like that bit but if you sing that (mentally) you are at a risk of getting caught in an indefinite loop :lol:

recent aa adik kadi use panrenga :twisted:

AudazJay
9th September 2009, 06:56 AM

:exactly: Something about the song is just not right...Sadhana's voice & pronunciation were :irked:
And watching Shalini was not a great help either...in that sense, i felt that Munbe vaa was a better choice than Sneghidhane...though I still would not consider both of them as ARR's best melodies.

dinesh2002
9th September 2009, 07:39 AM

:exactly: Something about the song is just not right...Sadhana's voice & pronunciation were :irked:
And watching Shalini was not a great help either...in that sense, i felt that Munbe vaa was a better choice than Sneghidhane...though I still would not consider both of them as ARR's best melodies.

Sadhana is one of the plus point of the song. She had a magic in her rendition. Esp the part " Idhae Azhuththam Azhuththam Idhae Anaippu Anaippu'peeeee" during the last part of the song. Simply soul twisting. The music is also very very solid and complicated yet melodious. Srinivas's potion was another point. It had this very 'disturbing' feel that it brings to us. Like he cant live without her. With this song, I saw ARR's way to convey love through his music instruments. And i mean only Sneghidene was great, not its Hindi version which was a bad version of it. Sadhana over experimented with her styles there with the awful " AIK!!" after the line 'Raat Bhii Na Hii Le Aadhii Aadhii ..." that irked me...!! and the male chorus was missing Sreeni's touch....

Munbe Va is good. But at one point of the song, the 'feel' drops tremendously. I know ARR is breaking the usual pattern, but its really sad he had to do it with this tune. Its very good but that part was seriously a turn off (poarum oru sila naaLum...thaniyenaa aada tharaiyinil neendhum.. - not sure bout the lyrics).

Shreya also sang the song as if its a sad song, i dunno why she emoted it that way. :? I think Paapa didnt get the picture of the song i guess :lol:

NOV
9th September 2009, 07:46 AM
Methinks it would be wonderful if ppl could express the greatness of the song they desire rather than deriding a song that they don't like. After all liking a song is very subjective.

But by being positive, we all can learn new things of the songs listed. :)

Rocky89
9th September 2009, 10:08 PM
Very tough but New York Nagaram is still my personal favourite :)

dinesh2002
11th September 2009, 08:04 AM
Methinks it would be wonderful if ppl could express the greatness of the song they desire rather than deriding a song that they don't like. After all liking a song is very subjective.

I never did any condemning untill i was provoked to.... im innocent :twisted:

jaaze
11th September 2009, 08:10 AM
dinesh, msn :twisted:

AudazJay
11th September 2009, 09:15 AM

I never did any condemning untill i was provoked to.... im innocent :twisted:

Well, since you replied to my post, then I guess I must be the one who "provoked" you to "condemn" Munbe Vaa :lol:

For starters I do think that condemn is too harsh a word...I would rather regard this as differences in opinion. And I don't see why people should not share their opinions on their favorite or least favorite song here?

Agreed that this is a thread on ARR's best melodies but must it deprive us from sharing our opinions (regardless of them being positive or negative) on a song?

C2
30th November 2009, 07:34 PM
why these songs not included in the list ?

1.Pudhu vellai mazhai ingu pozhigindradhu
(Roja)

2.malargale malargale idhu enna kanava

3. songs from rhythm movie...