PDA

View Full Version : Ashrams in India - spirituality

Shakthiprabha
17th September 2009, 11:09 AM
Let us discuss about ashrams of spiritual saints - (in india)
their locations
their activities
their contacts details etc for us to visit them.

Please contribute ur knowledge about any ashram known to u.

Shakthiprabha
17th September 2009, 11:18 AM
[tscii:e0e0e86f1e]RamaNa-ashram

Who seeks ramaNaashram?

There are so many spiritual centers in India that a devotee may well be excused for wondering which one to visit. Each place has its own specific character, so that while one meets the need of one person, another provides a haven to someone else.

Ramanasramam is not a place visited by large crowds in search of transient gain. Rather, it is a place for the serious aspirant who understands that Liberation is the supreme goal and who seeks the grace and support of the Master to guide him on his way.

Even if the goal is agreed upon, there are various paths or disciplines to be followed. The Maharshi taught the path of Self-enquiry of ‘Who am I?’. This is not an investigation made by the mind, conscious or sub-conscious, but rather a search for the radiant reality which underlies the mind. Therefore he said, “There can be no answer to the question ‘Who am I?’; whatever answer the mind gives must be wrong.” The answer comes as an awakening of pure Being, Consciousness and Bliss--a current of awareness in the heart.

http://www.sriramanamaharshi.org/haven.html

http://www.sriramanamaharshi.org/centres.html

Look above for Centres of RamaaaNshram in india and their contact info.[/tscii:e0e0e86f1e]

wrap07
29th September 2009, 01:16 PM
I had visited Ashram few years back. The serene atmosphere and peace was something i can never forget. Most amazing experience.
(Whenever we visit such places, we always decide to visit often but it does not happen always, mostly in my case :) )

nearby Seshadri swamigal ashram is there.

suvai
3rd October 2009, 06:04 PM
manasu romba vendugirathu Ramana Ashram poganum nu......so during my next visit....praptham irunthaal poven ;-) thank u nga sp for the link :-)