PDA

View Full Version : Malaysian Artistes

k_vanan
16th September 2009, 01:12 PM
Dinesh did u remember intha varusham vaanavil super star paatu potti, intha paatu padichuthan namma oore sensational singer micheal rao padichu tuppi 1st prize win pannaru :lol: :rotfl:

A.ANAND
16th September 2009, 01:41 PM
Dinesh did u remember intha varusham vaanavil super star paatu potti, intha paatu padichuthan namma oore sensational singer micheal rao padichu tuppi 1st prize win pannaru :lol: :rotfl:

VSS sutta politic!

AudazJay
16th September 2009, 02:05 PM

VSS sutta politic!

:exactly: I agree, completely! From the time the kone vayi Anuradha won the 1st place many years ago, I stopped watching all the Vaanavil singing contest! Aatam 100 vagai is no better :argh:

dinesh2002
16th September 2009, 05:51 PM

:lol: :lol: he spoilt the song :twisted: ... i never watch it untill the end... he won it?? :shock: ... VSS show is/was pathetic... THEY CANT SING!! why must they try... :twisted: :twisted:

dinesh2002
16th September 2009, 05:55 PM

VSS sutta politic!

:exactly: I agree, completely! From the time the kone vayi Anuradha won the 1st place many years ago, I stopped watching all the Vaanavil singing contest! Aatam 100 vagai is no better :argh:

:lol: hahaha... thats so funny....

she is the 1 won when Music director Deva was one of the judges no? Deva determined another person won but at the end they (Malaysian judges) disrespect his result and went on the give her the title. I heard Anuradha was one of the Astro's top manager's sontha karange :lol:

NOV
16th September 2009, 06:25 PM
Dinesh, I know the inside story... your story is not true. She is the daughter of a well known comedian.

dinesh2002
16th September 2009, 07:06 PM
Dinesh, I know the inside story... your story is not true. She is the daughter of a well known comedian.

Whats the story then?

NOV
16th September 2009, 07:36 PM
Whats the story then?Call me :P
she is daughter of AMR group's Murugesu ...

groucho070
17th September 2009, 08:10 AM
she is daughter of AMR group's Murugesu ...I covered that event in Genting that year. Stopped watching since. Caught an episode of this years Super Star...allow me :banghead: :banghead:

AudazJay
17th September 2009, 08:50 AM
she is daughter of AMR group's Murugesu ...I covered that event in Genting that year. Stopped watching since. Caught an episode of this years Super Star...allow me :banghead: :banghead:

Pity you! Even watching the ad alone made me :curse:

AudazJay
17th September 2009, 08:56 AM
she is daughter of AMR group's Murugesu ...

Yeah heard about that...I knew her younger sis..was a UM student.

I kinda guess that something was wrong when she actually entered the finals despite her horrific performance on the previous rounds.

A.ANAND
17th September 2009, 09:20 AM
charanam,pallavi ethu innu kuda theriyatha singer ellam paada vanthuthangga!

athuvum singer personal-la judge pudichavangala iruntha pothum avangga than winner!nalla singer-ra uruvakkanum endra adipadai-ye totally weste innga! :banghead:

NOV
17th September 2009, 09:30 AM
I think the first few years were reasonably good. Sheila Raman who won it the first time was classically trained.

The second one was also good - Alinda won. All ten finalists sang in an album called Geethanjaliz. One of the better recorded local albums. :thumbsup:

groucho070
17th September 2009, 09:37 AM
Yeah, first few years were good up to that year. And I had the album (free for journalist) and its pretty good.

A.ANAND
17th September 2009, 09:49 AM
alinda was good! :thumbsup:ippa enna pannaranngga innu therila!no any update!tak dapat dikesan :lol:

NOV
17th September 2009, 09:52 AM
Yeah, first few years were good up to that year. And I had the album (free for journalist) and its pretty good.:thumbsup: do check out the thillaana paattu paada song :D

groucho070
17th September 2009, 09:55 AM
Yeah, first few years were good up to that year. And I had the album (free for journalist) and its pretty good.:thumbsup: do check out the thillaana paattu paada song :DSorry bro, I lost the CD :oops: OC-la kidaicha appadithaan.

groucho070
17th September 2009, 09:57 AM
alinda was good!... any update!tak dapat dikesan :lol:Kalau dapat kesan you nak buat ape :P

A.ANAND
17th September 2009, 10:12 AM
alinda was good!... any update!tak dapat dikesan :lol:Kalau dapat kesan you nak buat ape :P

cuci matalah bang! :lol:

NOV
17th September 2009, 10:14 AM
Yeah, first few years were good up to that year. And I had the album (free for journalist) and its pretty good.:thumbsup: do check out the thillaana paattu paada song :DSorry bro, I lost the CD :oops: OC-la kidaicha appadithaan.Buy the CD - its still available in Brickfields. :P
I wrote that song ;)

groucho070
17th September 2009, 11:51 AM
I wrote that song ;)Appadiyaa? Oru alasu alasuren. By the way, were you at the launch? Remember, with Bharadhwaj. I was covering that. :D

NOV
17th September 2009, 11:59 AM
By the way, were you at the launch? Remember, with Bharadhwaj. I was covering that. :Dof course I was... it was organised by Vanavil right? I think there were two events... :confused2:
I remember many ppl taking pic of us on stage. :poke:

which paper were you representing? did you come for boomeranx album launch? in old klang road? or was it in salma's in golden triangle :think: too many lah :lol:

groucho070
17th September 2009, 12:06 PM
which paper were you representing? did you come for boomeranx album launch? in old klang road? or was it in salma's in golden triangle :think: too many lah :lol:I was freelancing for Cine Fashion that time. I didn't come for the Boomeranx one. Interviewed them later.

NOV
17th September 2009, 12:16 PM
cine fashion? :shock:
thr deejay kumaresan was the photographer.
i like the magazine's outlook very much. good girl the editor - she came for many of our functions.

groucho070
17th September 2009, 12:22 PM
Yeah, among others. They also publish a branding mag which I freelanced for among others. Then, there was this mag called Indiana when I covered Indian pop music stuff...athu oru periya kathai. :oops:

Kumaresan at that time was attached to the CF folks...if not mistaken he was enggaged to the editor's daughter.

NOV
17th September 2009, 12:26 PM
I think I have seen this Indiana - when they featured boomerangx and we received a free copy.

BTW, we (my office) get complimentary copies of malaysian reserve too. :lol2:

groucho070
17th September 2009, 12:30 PM
Okay, end of dig, vutta ennoda resume ingga podanumpoolairukku.

But seriously, there was lots of promises back then in local pop scene...but now its just about a bunch of hip hop artists. :?

NOV
17th September 2009, 12:33 PM
Let me move this discussion elsewhere and we can continue dicussions. ;)

groucho070
17th September 2009, 12:44 PM
And so, I was asked to be (freelance) editor of Indiana and I stopped contributing to Cine Fashion. That's how I got to know all these people. Anyway, as I said, there was hope...but now appadi onnum theriyila. As witnessed from the quality of the Super STars show...its downhill...Or am I wrong?

NOV
17th September 2009, 12:46 PM
But seriously, there was lots of promises back then in local pop scene...but now its just about a bunch of hip hop artists. :?I think its the other way round... see how popular the malaysian hip hop artistes have become...

nowadays there are no major films without them :lol:

groucho070
17th September 2009, 12:49 PM
True, true. Happy for them. Yogie B. especially, nice dude. But the others? Boomeranx had a fantastic album, absoloutely loved Jeda Muni :twisted:

The popularity in Indian cinema is flavour of the season.

But the other pop acts?

joe
17th September 2009, 12:51 PM
Funky Sankar -nnu oruthar irukkare ..Avarum malaysia-va? :roll:

groucho070
17th September 2009, 12:52 PM
Yeah, yeah, he worked as a dj here. Avana patti oru katha irukku, taniya solluren.

joe
17th September 2009, 12:54 PM
Yeah, yeah, he worked as a dj here. Avana patti oru katha irukku, taniya solluren.

Konja naaL singapore Vannathirai-la vanthaaru .. Looks like he acted in a tamil movie (thriller ..forgot the name)

NOV
17th September 2009, 12:56 PM
Yeah, yeah, he worked as a dj here. Avana patti oru katha irukku, taniya solluren.He was originally from Singapore... after being chased from malaysia, konja naal TN la kuppa kottinaaru... ippa engenu therila. :P

groucho070
17th September 2009, 12:58 PM
Yeah. He was resident psychoterapist in THR. Ammaamarungga, paattimarungga ellam call panni advice keptalluha :banghead: :banghead:

NOV
17th September 2009, 01:01 PM
True, true. Happy for them. Yogie B. especially, nice dude. But the others? Boomeranx had a fantastic album, absoloutely loved Jeda Muni :twisted: one of the main reasons was the rerecording. We spent quite a bit there.

Do you know that Sangkeertanam is the most expensive devotional album produced ever (including in India)?
Thats becos we used over 80 live instruments in the album.

Rerecording were done at one of the best studios in Malaysia (AR Rahman had also used that studio...)

groucho070
17th September 2009, 01:02 PM
Forgot the studio name. One of the sound engineers was my housemate then.

NOV
17th September 2009, 02:03 PM
Forgot the studio name. One of the sound engineers was my housemate then.hmmmm... so much connections. :D
name is Synchrosound Studio

groucho070
17th September 2009, 02:17 PM
Forgot the studio name. One of the sound engineers was my housemate then.hmmmm... so much connections. :D
name is Synchrosound StudioSynchrosound-a? I thought there was a studio somewhere in Selayang/Batu Caves.

Speaking of Synchrosound, when freelancing for Indiana mag, I went there to interview the boss...varumpothu made a pass at the receptionist. She's going to be my wife now :D Connection paarungga, engenggo poguthu...

dell_gt
17th September 2009, 02:26 PM
NOV wrote:
groucho070 wrote:
Forgot the studio name. One of the sound engineers was my housemate then.
hmmmm... so much connections.
name is Synchrosound Studio
Synchrosound-a? I thought there was a studio somewhere in Selayang/Batu Caves.

Speaking of Synchrosound, when freelancing for Indiana mag, I went there to interview the boss...varumpothu made a pass at the receptionist. She's going to be my wife now Connection paarungga, engenggo poguthu...

wow congrats :)

NOV
17th September 2009, 02:42 PM
name is Synchrosound StudioSynchrosound-a? I thought there was a studio somewhere in Selayang/Batu Caves.oh, you are talking about OUR studio?
That was Digital Tones. Who was your house mate? :shock: Fasy? Yuvaraj? :roll:

Synchrosound was where we did the mixing - also where ARR did his.

Speaking of Synchrosound, when freelancing for Indiana mag, I went there to interview the boss...varumpothu made a pass at the receptionist. She's going to be my wife now :D Connection paarungga, engenggo poguthu... :P
ok, not much connection in SS. DT was practically my 2nd home then.

groucho070
17th September 2009, 02:52 PM
That was Digital Tones. Who was your house mate? :shock: Fasy? Yuvaraj? :roll: :P I know him only as Raj. Fellow Heavy Metal fan. Likes muscle cars.

AudazJay
17th September 2009, 02:57 PM
Speaking of Synchrosound, when freelancing for Indiana mag, I went there to interview the boss...varumpothu made a pass at the receptionist. She's going to be my wife now :D Connection paarungga, engenggo poguthu...

:lol: Congrats man! Guess you owe a lot to Indiana mag? :wink:

NOV
17th September 2009, 03:01 PM
That was Digital Tones. Who was your house mate? :shock: Fasy? Yuvaraj? :roll: :P I know him only as Raj. Fellow Heavy Metal fan. Likes muscle cars.wow! thats great! wonderful guy - one of the most committed guys I've ever come across. what a connection! :lol: He lives close by now. Have been to his place in Selayang a couple of times... maybe we could have even bumped into each other.

I'll call him later. :D

groucho070
17th September 2009, 03:10 PM
That was Digital Tones. Who was your house mate? :shock: Fasy? Yuvaraj? :roll: :P I know him only as Raj. Fellow Heavy Metal fan. Likes muscle cars.wow! thats great! wonderful guy - one of the most committed guys I've ever come across. what a connection! :lol: He lives close by now. Have been to his place in Selayang a couple of times... maybe we could have even bumped into each other.

I'll call him later. :DYeah, it was in that aweful flat! :evil: If its him, yeah tell him am online appadiye FBla contact panna sollungga.

NOV
17th September 2009, 06:20 PM
Yeah, it was in that aweful flat! :evil: If its him, yeah tell him am online appadiye FBla contact panna sollungga.of course its him... :P
just spoke to him and he was so excited :lol:

btw, another connection - Sanjay - I guess you know him too. ;) I got to know him from Lakshmi Aroma days.

Raj is not on facebook (youth? :roll: ) so I'll pm you his contact no. He sends his regards and hopes to see you after six years. :frightened:

groucho070
18th September 2009, 06:54 AM
btw, another connection - Sanjay - I guess you know him too. ;) I got to know him from Lakshmi Aroma days.Yeah, this man I don't want to, hope never to meet.

He sends his regards and hopes to see you after six years. :frightened:Thanks, NOV. Six years....wow.