PDA

View Full Version : Endrum MSV

NOV
28th September 2009, 08:51 AM
[html:ba364067cb]
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/i/bcst/videosearch/7548/80826197.jpeg
[/html:ba364067cb]

Endrendrum MSV is a TV programme produced by Mega TV. It is shown in Malaysian TV Vanavil on Sundays at 9pm.

[html:ba364067cb]
http://www.thehindu.com/fr/2008/12/19/images/2008121950700401.jpg
[/html:ba364067cb]

In the programme, MSV reveals many behind-the-scenes in the creation of many popular songs of his period.

This thread is for Groucho to express himself every Monday. :D

groucho070
28th September 2009, 09:32 AM
:lol: Ithu naaney open pannirukkalaame

Anyway, yesterdays episode was interesting as always. Who's the presenter, by the way? He's okay, sometimes going over the top with the praise, like the following exchange (paraphrased):

P: Neenggalum Kavignar Kannadhasan-um seernthal, enna nadakkum? Manthiramaa? Illa tanthiramaa?
MSV: Rendu peerum olungga veelaya seyvom :lol:

The best one in this episode is the story behind the song Madhana Maaligaiyil (Rajapart Ranggathurai). They had about seven tunes for the song, and couldn't decide which. A coffee boy suggested to mix third and seven, Kavingar dismissed the boy, but he was standing afar seeing if MSV would attempt it, and he does it.

M: Madhana Maaligayil
F: Madhana Maaligayil
M: Mandhira maaalaigalaa
F: Mandhira Maalaigalaa

So, the repeated line with different was the seventh tune. How brilliantly he put them together and ended up with a classic song!

Also I was pleasantly surprised when they presented Vidiya Vidiya Sollitaruveen...beautiful song that MSV admitted was composed with ghazal in mind. It was in Ranuva Veeran, I think.

NOV, your turn.

Edit. Found out the song was in Pokiri Raja...damn my memory. :(

NOV
28th September 2009, 10:09 AM
Who's the presenter, by the way? He's okay, sometimes going over the top with the praise, He is quite comical :lol:
He also hosts another fav programme of mine Amutha Ganam (12.30pm on Fridays). Very expressive and distinct manner of hosting. :lol:

NOV
28th September 2009, 10:19 AM
this is the guy.... :lol:

[html:e4668bfeab]
http://www.thaindian.com/images/sampurn/18491.jpg
[/html:e4668bfeab]

Aadavan the host of Amuda Ganam on Mega TV is keen to make his show more interesting in the coming episodes.

The show has Tamil old melodies along with interesting information about them. The show has crossed 600 episodes and is being watched by people of all age groups.

The theme based songs are a great hit among the viewers. A lot of interesting things are on the anvil in the near future says the director of the show. Watch Amuda Ganam Daily at 8 to 9 am and Monday to Thursday 9.30pm to 10.30 pm on Mega TV. - Sampurn Media

groucho070
28th September 2009, 10:33 AM
NOV, that pix with TMS & P. Suseela, must be more recent. 80s? MSV already white haired there.

RAGHAVENDRA
28th September 2009, 11:15 AM
Dear NOV,
Endrendrum MSV is a programme hosted in Mega TV (and not Jaya TV).
Dear Rakesh,
The picture was taken recently during the recording of a song for the film Valiban Sutrum Ulagam, rendered by T.M.S. and P.Susila. The song is available for listening at www.jointscene.com

Raghavendran

NOV
28th September 2009, 11:31 AM
Thanks Raghavendran.
new song by MSV-TMS-PS? :shaking:
paravala, enakkandha baakkiyam vEndaam :P

Pls join in the discussions Raghavendran. :)

groucho070
28th September 2009, 01:21 PM
Thanks for clarification, Rhagavendra-sir.

It's interesting that Malaysian TV is taking interest in old films. I mean, early morning they are showing films from the 40s for Bhagavathar's sake. Unfortunately, I have no patience for pre-Parasakhti films. Give me post Parasakhti especially NT and MGR anytime.

Anyway, there seemed to be another show called Amara Kaviyam, where local perusus discuss old songs. Partenggala, NOV?

NOV
28th September 2009, 01:34 PM
Anyway, there seemed to be another show called Amara Kaviyam, where local perusus discuss old songs. Partenggala, NOV?not yet rakesh.. my tolerance level for local shows is very low :ashamed:

but I am a fan of sokkudhe manam (jaya or mega tv? :confused2: )

groucho070
28th September 2009, 01:46 PM
Hehe, mine is low too. I suppose after seeing the kitchen one would hesitate to eat in certain restaurants. Sokkudhey Manam, yes as and when I get time I'd watch it. Pretty incredible vocal there.

Coming back to the MSV show, it's inevitable how while praising MSV, it always end up praising Kavignar too. Hope we also get to learn a bit about background to some of Valee/MSV songs too.

NOV
28th September 2009, 01:50 PM
For me, Kannadhasan-MSV-TMS-Sivaji is the most complete combo and nothing else can ever come close to them.

The 60s is definitely the GOLDEN ERA of Tamil Films and will continue to live on in the hearts and minds of its audience.

groucho070
28th September 2009, 02:17 PM
By the way, watch out also for Mukta Sreenivasan interview, tonight and tomorrow @ 10pm.

While it would be nice to know about Thavaputhalvan or Nirai Koodam....I am especially anxious to know where he got the idea for Anbai Thedi :evil:

app_engine
28th September 2009, 07:53 PM
'vidiya vidiya solliththaruvEn' is AVM production's 'pOkkiri rAjA' song (Rajinikanth-Sridevi-Radhika starrer). Not rANuva veeran.

complicateur
29th September 2009, 12:01 AM
M: Madhana Maaligayil
F: Madhana Maaligayil
M: Mandhira maaalaigalaa
F: Mandhira Maalaigalaa
One of my absolute favorite MSV songs. Doesnt get as much radio play during the golden oldies playtimes, but simply fantastic. Especially the way the final time the pallavi is sung - I like to think that it is a precursor RAjA's poo maalaayE thOL sEravA.

groucho070
29th September 2009, 08:40 AM
Welcome Compli.

I think over here it does get fair playtime, even when I was a kid I used to listen to it a lot on radio. Upbeat song amidst more emotional Ammamaa or the clown song.

Creation may be accidental, but they are all MSV's tunes and the fact that MSV is open to suggestion, even if its from coffee boy shows how great our composer is. Wonder what happened to that coffee boy.

App, I corrected it in the first post :D Thanks.

NOV
29th September 2009, 08:46 AM
clown songnaa siriikkirEn sirikkirEn sirippu varala - prelude to unakkenna mElE nindraai song :thumbsup:

groucho070
29th September 2009, 09:07 AM
clown songnaa siriikkirEn sirikkirEn sirippu varala - prelude to unakkenna mElE nindraai song :thumbsup:Or prelude to NT's Kinkini kinkini kini kinikini Ena Varum Maatha Kovil Maniosai :D Hope I got the number of kinis right, pretty tricky pallavi I say. MSV :notworthy:

Speaking of which, while downloading I uncovered a concert version of Isai Keetaal Poovi Asainthadum...that looks like from that time (70s) with TMS doing extra Alabanai in the opening. Neat stuff :D

Benny Lava
29th September 2009, 10:03 AM
Welcome Compli.

I think over here it does get fair playtime, even when I was a kid I used to listen to it a lot on radio. Upbeat song amidst more emotional Ammamaa or the clown song.

Creation may be accidental, but they are all MSV's tunes and the fact that MSV is open to suggestion, even if its from coffee boy shows how great our composer is. Wonder what happened to that coffee boy.

App, I corrected it in the first post :D Thanks.

Epdi neenga mattum ipdi yosikreenga :twisted:

groucho070
29th September 2009, 10:57 AM
:lol: Benny, you just cooked up an inspiration for a crime story. :wink:

Plum
29th September 2009, 11:04 AM
Oh I think MSV himself rose from a humble status as SM Subbiah Naidu's edupidi to ghost-composing for him( I think), which is apparently why he believed that one's station in life doesnt determine talent. Not sure of this story but have read it somewhere.

groucho070
29th September 2009, 12:02 PM
Plum, I've heard the same. I heard he was, as a kid, doing edupidi in some carnatic music teachers house where he picked up music. Not sure about SMSN.

Plum
29th September 2009, 05:27 PM
grouch, the version I had is pretty dramatic - like literally MSV being the tea boy whose suggestions dumbfounded SMS, and immediately, MSV was raised to a assistant post...

groucho070
30th September 2009, 07:37 AM
Dang...no wonder he pays attention to coffee boy, though the brew served was different from his time. :P

Murali Srinivas
30th September 2009, 11:31 PM
Rakesh,

Actually Kinkini kini was a prelude to Naan sirikkiren sirikkiren song and not the other way round. Reason - Thavapudhalvan was 1972 August whereas Rajapart came in Dec 1973.

Plum,

MSV was not exactly the coffee boy but he was used as an errands boy. SMS was unable to tune in for one particular composition and MSV who was watching his guru struggle,after some days did create that tune in the evening when everyone was away and made his friend listen. SMS having come back early was pleasantly surprised and from that day MSV became the ghost MD for SMS.

Regards

groucho070
1st October 2009, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the correction Murali-sar. I know this is the wrong thread to mention this: but its amazing how much NT can still emote through those clown and Christmas tAtA get up that almost hides his face. The crying clown, and the half-blind Santa Claus, falling picking himself up, hating himself for not being in full form, and telling the kids that he's just an old man so its normal to slip and fall...just amazing performance...just thinking about it I get lump in my throat.

NOV
1st October 2009, 10:12 AM
Viswanathan who was born to Subramanian and Narayanikutty (or Naanikutty), in Manayangath house (from which one of his initials is derived) in Elappully village in Palakkad, Kerala, India in 1928. He lost his father when he was four. He was saved by his grandfather when his mother decided to kill him and herself as an escape from abject poverty and lack of support. He sold foodstuff in a movie theater during his childhood and later learned music from Neelakanda Bhagavathar. He gave his first stage performance in Trivandrum, when he was 13 years old.

Despite his Keralite background, he established a prolific film music composing career in the Tamil film industry. His first score was for the film Jenova. He dominated film music composing in the South Indian film industry during the 1960s and 1970s and has composed scores for over 1000 films. His achievements range from introducing fresher melodies, style and orchestration approaches to incorporating various genres of what is now called world music into Indian cinema music. He has sung over 500 of his own songs, as well as those of other music directors like V. Kumar, Shankar Ganesh, Ilayaraaja, Gangai Amaran, Deva and A. R. Rahman. He has also scored music for many non-film albums and for political campaigns. His achievements include appearances in numerous films and television series.

He often worked with the well-known Tamil poet and lyricist Kannadasan. It may be a strange coincidence, both are born on the same date, MSV being one year younger. In recent times, Viswanathan has focused on composing devotional music and anchoring as judge in Malayalam TV reallity shows.

NOV
1st October 2009, 10:16 AM
"There is no Tamil Film composer without MSV's influence"

A.R.Rahman, who defined the next generation of music after MSV and Illayaraja, expressed a sentiment at his concert in Singapore. "There is not one composer in the Tamil film industry today, who has not been influenced or inspired by the music of the 'Mellisai Mannargal' ". In another occasion, at the felicitation function for Viswanathan and Ramamoorthy, "MSV started a trend, followed by Illayaraja and I took it my way. But for MSV we all would not be here. MSV still appreciates good music and other musicians in the industry. This is a quality that has to be learnt for life!", Rahman said, following MSV's appreciation - "A Novelty Work" - for the re-tuning of "Thottal Poo Malarum" song for the film "New". Rahman had been a keyboard player in MSV's orchestra and his keyboard talent was greatly appreciated by Ramamoorthy on the same occasion. "Vanjam Illama Parattanum!" (Appreciate whole-heartedly) has always been a motto for MSV, who has sung in Rahman's numbers from the films "Sangamam" and "Kannathil Muthamittal".

source: MSV Times

NOV
1st October 2009, 10:18 AM
"MSV revived Film Music!"

"Universal Hero" Kamal Hassan has a high regard for MSV's musical talents. "Right from my childhood, MSV's melody has filled my ears and breath; Unlike Bharathiyar and Bharathidasan, three people whom I like, have got their due credits for their talents during their life-time itself. They are "Nadigar Thilagam" Sivaji Ganesan, "Mellisai Mannar" MSV and "Isai Gnani" Illayaraja; MSV revived film music through new trends in melody and tune. Its mystry that MSV still lives as a child at heart. He is a great legend in music!"

NOV
1st October 2009, 10:21 AM
"I place all my fame under MSV's feet!"

Illayaraja, one of the successful successors of MSV in the Tamil Film Music, has a great regard and respect for MSV and his Music. "MSV has the capability to judge the talent of a musician just by looking at that person. The only reason for this is the blessings of Goddess Saraswathi, is fully showered on him. Wow! In how many songs has he melted my heart; Made me lose myself; Each song of his is a Gem, a Diamond, a Ruby; Just listen to the songs like "Athhan, Ennathhan...", "Iravum Nilavum...", "Nenjam Marappadhillai...", "Nilave Ennidam..."; And many more like this; A song should tie lives together; Or it should make one feel that it is related from the previous birth; Or it should leave him with a question. 'How is it possible like this?'; What can I give back to this man for filling my ears and heart with his music. Whatever I try to give him as a fee, it will be be short of what he deserves. I stand like a poor left with nothing to give to Annan MSV, what he derserves; I can do one thing; If there is any that I have gained or earned so for through my music, I place the fruit and fame under MSV's feet and respect him; This is the only fair thing I can give him!" exclaims, excited Raja!

NOV
1st October 2009, 10:25 AM
"I've learnt a lot from MSV!"

A great composer in Hindi, Naushad Ali, asserts the fact that MSV is a Melody King. "All his tunes have life in them. MSV has given me the status of "Guru", owing to his open-heartedness. This shows his great character. But the fact is I only learnt a lot from him. His tunes bestowed enthusiasm in me". Naushad was surprised by the speed of MSV's re-recordings. After seeing his recording, "for this piece, I would have taken 3 full days. How come you are able to produce music with such a speed and quality?!", praised Ali, giving a big hug to MSV

NOV
1st October 2009, 10:30 AM
[tscii:669f372af6]
Viswanathan did not have a proper music school for a very long time, though the desire and passion for music was like a fire within him. The desire even led him to sell eatables in a Theatre during the interval of the movie. The reason for that was it will be an opportunity for him to listen to the film songs that will be aired in the theatre during movie intervals.

Viswanathan was already living a life true to the line: "Palliyai Paarthathum Odhuguvom Mazhaiyiley". He preferred music than studies. But did not have a proper training, in-turn because of financial crisis. Monthly fee of 3 Rupees was too big an amount to afford. But he listened to Shri. Neelakanda Bhagavathar, without his knowledge, while he was teaching his disciples.

The teacher realised the students musical interest and his passion when he lost himself in his singing "Viriboni" varnam in "Bhairavi" raagam, "Ada" Thaalam. The teacher was stunned and surprised seeing and hearing this. From then, the formal training started and it continued for four years which laid a strong music foundation for MSV. His Arangetram (the first concert) was received very well by the audience and they started believing that MSV had a bright musical future. It was on stage was when he was 13 years old in the year 1940 in Trivandrum, Kerala.

As a young lad MSV’s performance on stage was well received not only by the audience, but the leading local newspapers gave a wide coverage and accorded him due recognition of his singing talent those days itself!

http://www.msvtimes.com/journey/biography1.html[/tscii:669f372af6]

groucho070
1st October 2009, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the links, NOV. Though I find myself listening to IR a lot these days its mainly because of nostalgia and they are good. But as I texted to you that day, and to paraphrase NT's line from Devar Magan, "Vethai, avar pootathu". And ARR nailed it with that statement.

groucho070
12th October 2009, 08:23 AM
This weeks show was okay, not as wonderful as before, less background stories. Theme is "Rasigan". Kicking off with Ennai Theriyumaa (Kudiyiruntha Kovil), MSV stressed that he is a fan of music first before becoming a creator.

Surprise of the week: Kanaa Kaanum Kanggal from Agni Satchi. Unique in a way, that it nicely mixes melodious tune with Puthu Kavithai-yish recital. NOV, who's that singer? Not bad the feller.

As usual, MSV and his humility :notworthy: MSV is a typical Hanumar who does not know his own strength.

I am beginning to like the presenter, though he sometimes overdoes his praising, it's nice to see him getting lost in the midst of praising even though the very man he is praising is brushing them off by his side :lol:

Presenter: blah, blah, blah, oru rasigan, blah
MSV: (Interupts) Ah, Rasigan, rasigan!
Presenter: blah, blah, blah :lol:

What a Sunday. Karnan, MSV show and NT's Suya Saritham.... :D

NOV
12th October 2009, 09:35 AM
I particularly liked the story behind adhO andha paravai pOla vaazha vEndum - lyrics set to music :shock:

compare adhO mEga oorvalam by SPB. beautiful song but the words are not accentuated - the adho is just another word.

adhO andha paravai... as MSV said, the adhOooo actually gives you the feeling of distance. :clap:

original of kanaa kaanum is SPB, but I dont know who sang on stage.
as for the presenter, I like him :D he is very unique and sometimes gets carried away. when you can, do watch amudha gaanam :thumbsup:

groucho070
12th October 2009, 09:41 AM
compare adhO mEga oorvalam by SPB.Mano actually. But yeah, in terms of the contact, atho should be athO. Well explained.

Aalavanthan
15th October 2009, 09:16 PM
My favourite number is

"Kallellam manicka kallaagumaa " - excellent lyrics and the "aala" from L.R. Eashwari is absolutely ear-storming .. I was listening to this song with my headphhones and Easwari Madam's voice is just like touching my brain and coming back to my ears.. just awesome :)

groucho070
21st October 2009, 11:32 AM
Deepavali, Kalyanam erpaddu busy-ila intha vaara episode miss pannitten. Exactly at 10.30pm dad looked at me in horror and said, "I say...MSV show maranupoyeee!!!"

NOV, did you watch it? Or did they show in the first place.

NOV
21st October 2009, 12:54 PM
No show, Rakesh. :)

groucho070
21st October 2009, 02:23 PM
Phew! Look out for the next one, where the duo would be joined by P.B. Sreenivos. The bad news is, he sings...I know I know, just that the voice is no longer the same and is shaky now :(

groucho070
5th November 2009, 07:25 AM
Sila pala veelaigalaal, I've been missing this show. NOV?

groucho070
7th December 2009, 09:21 AM
MSV. MSV. MSV. The Christoper Columbus of Tamizh film music.

Managed to catch yesterday's episode. MSV shared some interesting anecdotes.

- Mentioned that NT's brother, Shanmugam has great ear for music, usually is before NT in listening to tunes. This led to the beautiful and underrated Annan Oru Koyil title song. Superb rendering by that dude (still no name, NOV?).

- Composition of Kadavul Amaithu Vaitha Medai (Aval Oru Todarkathai). Unlike usual planned, scheduled composing session, this time MSV got his own team members who can do mimicry, Sathan, Sai Baba, Mukesh, got them to do what they can, got Kavingar to sit and listen, then with situation given by K.B, Kannadhasan string together the selected mimic items with storyline and then the song. Then, the tune was fitted around it. Work of a genius, especially when it required pathos in the middle of what was supposed to be a comical song. MSV is not new to this...we have discussed NT's Naan Sirikkiren Sirikkinen & Kinkinikini songs.

- Pen ondru kanden (Paditaal Mattum Pothuma) had two legends battling it out. Yes, TMS for NT and PBS for Balaji in the film version. PBS was so good that actually NT (gunning to do a mega onscreen performance) wanted that voice for him. Kilinjathu pongga, it would have ruined the storyline. Of course, NT stuck to TMS voice, and MSV said that those days, during the part when NT/TMS go "vinnodu vilayadum pennantha pennallavo", the hand gesture got whistles and applauses in the theatre (Senior NT fans please comment on this)

- Show started with Happy Indru Muthal Happy, and MSV narrated how difficult it was to compose the songs as the director and the cast was in Ooty while he was back home doing to and fro with the director through phone. It was probably first long distance composing in TFI history (my comment, not MSVs), predating Rahman and Baba :D

Overall, during this episode MSV noted that he would be moved to tears listening to the old song, also due to memories of the team members who had passed away. Notably the above mentioned mimicry artistes, Sathan and Sai Baba. Again, the credit was given to everyone but him, as usual, that humble man.

MSV, here I go again, :notworthy: :notworthy:

NOV
10th December 2009, 05:50 PM
Sorry Rakesh for the absense. Caught the show while vacationing in Penang. :D

which guy's name are you asking? the one who sings all the TMS songs? thats kOvai soundarajan of course.

great show, as usual.

groucho070
14th December 2009, 08:20 AM
No, the other guy who does non-TMS songs. The feller is very good.

Last night's episode was not so interesting. Not so, because basically we know the stories. Started appropirately with Acham Enbathu Madamaiyada, which seemed to, again aptly, celebrate Kavignar than MSV (host says that he heard MGR used to listen to this song first before leaving the house...every day...yes every day.)

Then, there was one Karnan song, Kankal Engge, where MSV enthusiastically explained the Hindustani influence, and credited Noushad Ali as inspiration.

Oli Vilakku's Andavane Un Pathanggal song was brought up for its "healing power", yes we know the MGR episode :thumbsup:

More non-event songs like Lovebirds which MSV credited talking & musically inclined parrots in Dr. Balamurali Krishna's house. Obviously he looks up to the famed Dr. sky high. I say everyone should look at MSV same way :evil: .

Speaking of Doctor, there was also Malare Kurinji Malare from Dr. Siva, another non-event song if you ask me, for the background story to it is merely "make it very melodious and let every word count" if I can paraphrase MSV.

The host was goofy as usual (his expression during Acham Enbathu Madamaiyada :lol: ) sometimes over the top, sometimes apt as we agree with his assessment. An okay episode with the usual humble MSV crediting everyone but himself :D

NOV
14th December 2009, 08:36 AM
:ty: Rakesh, I missed the show last night.
heard that SPB was featured with MSV in India last night. :roll:

saradhaa_sn
5th January 2010, 07:43 PM
'ரோஷனாரா பேகம்'

'என்றும் எம்.எஸ்.வி' நிகழ்ச்சியில் ஒவ்வொரு பாடல் முடிந்தபின்னும், அந்தப்பாடல் உருவான பின்னணி, அந்த நேரத்தில் இருந்த சூழ்நிலை, நடந்த சம்பவங்கள் என பலவற்றை திரு. ஆதவன் துருவி துருவிக்கேட்பார். நமக்கும் தேவை அந்த தகவல்கள்தான் என்பது அவருக்கும் தெரிந்திருக்கிறது. (பாடல்களை எப்போதும் கேட்டுக்கொள்ளலாம்). ஆனால் மெல்லிசை மன்னர் பலவற்றை மறந்து விட்டிருக்கிறார். நாம் ஆங்காங்கே கேள்விப்பட்ட பல தகவல்கள்கூட அவரிடம் இருந்து கிடைப்பதில்லை.

அன்றைய நிகழ்ச்சியில் 'குடியிருந்த கோயில்' படத்தில் வந்த 'குங்குமப்பொட்டின் மங்கலம்' பாடல் பாடப்பட்டபோது, அதுபற்றிய சுவையான தகவல்களுக்காக எதிர்பார்த்து, கிட்டத்தட்ட ஏமாந்தேன் என்று கூடச்சொல்லலாம். அந்தப்படத்தில் கவிஞர்கள் வாலி, ஆலங்குடி சோமு, புலமைப்பித்தன் ஆகியோருடன் புதிதாக ஒரு பெண் கவிஞர், அதுவும் 'ரோஷனாரா பேகம்' என்ற முஸ்லீம் பெண் கவிஞர் இந்தப்பாடலை எழுதியிருந்தார். அவர் நபிகள் நாயகம் பற்றிய ஒரு பாடலை எழுதியிருந்தால் நமக்கு ஆச்சரியமில்லை. ஆனால் எழுதியதோ 'குங்குமப்பொட்டின் மங்கலம்'. எனவேதான் அந்தப்பாடலைக் கேட்கும்போதெல்லாம் பல கேள்விகள் என்மனதில் எழும்...

அவர் யார்?.
எங்கிருந்து வந்தார்?.
இத்தனை ஆண்டுகள் எங்கிருந்தார்?.
அந்த ஒரு பாடலுக்குப்பின் ஏன் வேறு பாடல்கள் எழுதவில்லை?.
அவருடைய சமுதாயம் தந்த நெருக்கடியா?.
அல்லது ஏற்கெனவே இருந்த கவிஞர்களூக்கு வந்த பயமா?.
ஏற்கெனவே இருந்த கவிஞர்களின் சதியா?.
புதியவர்களை ஊக்குவிக்கும் வழக்கம் கொண்ட எம்.ஜி.ஆர்., ஏன் இவரை விட்டுவிட்டார்?.
போன்ற பல விடைதெரியாத கேள்விகள் என் மனதில் இருக்கின்றன. நேற்றைய தினம் அவற்றுக்கு சுவையான விளக்கம் கிடைக்கும் என்று எதிர்பார்த்து ஏமாந்தேன்.

'இப்பாடல் எழுதிய முஸ்லீம் பெண் கவிஞர் பற்றி சொல்லுங்கள்' என்று ஆதவன் கேட்டதும் 'கோயம்புத்தூரிலுள்ள ஒரு முஸ்லீம் நண்பருடைய மகள். நல்லா கவிதைகள் எழுதுவாங்க. சினிமாவுக்கு எழுத ஆசைப்படுறாங்க' என்று சொன்னாங்க அவரை வச்சு இந்தப்பாடலை எழுதினோம். டைரக்டர் சங்கர் சாரும், நானும் அவரை ஊக்கப்படுத்தினோம்'. என்ற இரண்டே வரிகளில் முடித்துக்கொண்டார். மெல்லிசை மன்னரிடமே எனக்கு விளக்கம் கிடைக்கலையே, வேறு யாரிடம் கேட்க முடியும்..?

அதுபோலவே, 'பெற்றால்தான் பிள்ளையா?' படத்தில் இடம்பெற்ற 'சக்கரக்கட்டி ராசாத்தி' பாடல் முடிந்ததும், 'இந்தப்பாடல் பதிவான அனுபவம் பற்றிச்சொல்லுங்கள்' என்று ஆதவன் கேட்டதும், 'இது நான் போட்ட பாட்டுத்தானான்னு எனக்கே தெரியலை. ஏதோ போன ஜென்மத்துல போட்ட மாதிரி இருக்கு' என்று சொல்லி நம்மை அதிர்ச்சி அடைய வைத்தார். (இத்தனைக்கும் அது ரொம்ப பழைய பாடல் அல்ல. ராமமூர்த்தியை விட்டுப்பிரிந்த பின்னர் தனியாக போட்டதுதான்).

mr_karthik
11th January 2010, 03:18 PM
saradha mam,
your 'Adhangam' is acceptable one.

but at the same, MSV sir is running in his 80+ age, and we cannot expect such a keen memory about each and every song, he made in thousands.

long live MSV sir.