PDA

View Full Version : G.V. Prakash Kumar - Latest Sensation

Pages : [1] 2

R.Latha
8th October 2009, 11:34 AM
GV Prakash to enter Bollywood soon
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, October 07, 2009]

It’s almost confirmed now that GV Prakash will make it to Bollywood by next year. The young composer will be introduced by director Vijay, who is working along with GV for ‘Madharasapattinam’. After this one the director was planning to make a project in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu for which GV is the composer.

But, when Vijay told that Madharasapattinam’s success will decide about him directing the tri-lingual project, GV’s Hindi debut became doubtful. When we were thinking that GV may miss this chance, Bollywood director Vikram Bhatt came as a knight in shining armour. Yup! GV will be composing music for Bhatt’s upcoming project in February.

As of now the young talent is using live recording method with orchestra to resemble the composition of those olden times for ‘Madharasapattinam’. He is using this method even for the re-recording work all over the film.

Apart from this, GV is working on an English pop album which is produced by his friend. We learnt that he will be dancing in the video of this album...

So, what next GV... Acting?

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/50606.html

A.ANAND
14th October 2009, 07:23 AM
[tscii:821b9fe830]Being Rahman’s nephew is hard: G.V. Prakash
Kaanchan [October 13, 2009, 10:04:47 PM]
G.V. Prakash, who is working night and day on the rerecording of the much-anticipated Aayirathil Oruvan, admits that Selvaraghavan is quite a tough taskmaster! “Aayirathil Oruvan is surely going to be a brand new experience for audiences. Selvaraghvan knows how to extract the best in you. For him, you just have to give your 100%. I’m enjoying my work and am even happier that I will be also composing music for his next movie Malai Nerathu Mayakkam,” reveals the young musician.

Being A.R. Rahman’s nephew must have its perks, right? “That’s what people think. Everyone thinks because I’m Rahman’s nephew I have it easy. But that’s not true. It’s hard having that tagline, because people use it only to criticize my work. They say ‘He’s A.R. Rahman’s nephew, he could have done better. He should have done this or that extra for a certain song’ and so on. Like everyone else, I too look up to him and admire his work. But he is my uncle -- that will not suffice for me to make a name. Talent alone can do that,” asserts G.V. Prakash.

[/tscii:821b9fe830]

R.Latha
18th March 2010, 01:47 PM
Hot and Happening G V
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, March 17, 2010]

G V Prakash is the happening and in-demand music director. Not just in Kollywood, even in Tollywood.

G V is already busy with his Tamil projects, and yet he finds time to work on projects in Telugu. It is reported that G V Prakash has been chosen to compose the music for the sequel to ‘Chandramukhi’ in Telugu. Directed by P.Vasu, it will have Venkatesh acting in the sequel. Tamil plans for the sequel are yet to be decided.

Besides ‘Chandramukhi-2’, G V has also composed music for another Telugu movie – ‘Darling’, directed by Karunakar who used him earlier in Telugu movie ‘Ullasamga Uthsahamnga. This is what we call, exploring the neighbourhood! Way to go G V.

With his share of success in Tollywood, G V will join the likes of Devi Sri Prasad, Mani Sharma and Yuvan Shankar Raja, who all have a formidable presence in both Tamil and Telugu.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/55368.html[/tscii:1db3eef789]

Mahen
3rd April 2010, 06:10 PM
Madharasapattinam releasing tomorrow..should be good :)

viraajan
3rd April 2010, 06:14 PM
expecting a different album like AO. lets see!

suntharp
6th April 2010, 07:18 AM
looks like lagaan part 2

baba88
6th April 2010, 05:13 PM
wow...Pookal Pookum what a song. A bit like ARR's 90s time.

Mahen
6th April 2010, 06:40 PM
Aruyire :clap: :clap: :clap: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Mahen
6th April 2010, 06:58 PM
wow...Pookal Pookum what a song. A bit like ARR's 90s time.

:yes: Brilliant song

sureshmehcnit
14th April 2010, 05:17 PM
Pookal Pookum Tharunam - GVP's best yet?

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2010/04/pookal-pookum-tharunam.html

interz
2nd September 2010, 01:11 AM
VA 1/4 Cutting audio released today.

Whoe heard the songs? what is your opinion about the songs?

Tamilpadam had some good hummable and odd songs. I hope VA 1/4 cutting has some good songs.

Mahen
2nd September 2010, 06:43 PM
VA 1/4 Cutting audio released today.

Whoe heard the songs? what is your opinion about the songs?

Tamilpadam had some good hummable and odd songs. I hope VA 1/4 cutting has some good songs.

Have not listened ..by looking at the trailer i dont think the songs will be good..ellam jolly/situational songs thann nenaikiren

interz
2nd September 2010, 10:59 PM
Va 1/4 Cutting (you can listen to songs at raaga.com)

1. Unnai Kan Theduthe: G.V. Prakash, Gana Ulaganathan
2. Thediye Thediya: Andrea Jeremiah
3. Saudi Basha: G.V. Prakash, Bhargavi
4. Saarpu Saarpu Ji: G.V. Prahash, Lakshmikanth
5. The quarter song (clubmix): G.V Prakash, Gana Ulaganathan, Remix: DJ Vijay Chawla

NormalMan
8th September 2010, 07:53 PM
பிட்டு பையன் GVP ... listen to the original of Thediye Thediya ...

Lenka- The Show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI8Ysr1BgmQ

A.ANAND
10th September 2010, 11:43 AM

Lenka- The Show

:lol:

app_engine
24th September 2010, 11:11 PM
http://shockan.blogspot.com/2010/09/blog-post_4259.html

[html:e2efd70592]
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_g9OBy09avmo/TJylZJm9llI/AAAAAAAAE0k/6-xXff-NTKM/s400/1.jpg
[/html:e2efd70592]

சூப்பர் சிங்கர் நிகழ்ச்சியில் ஸ்பெஷல் ஜூரி அவார்டு ஜெயிச்சிருக்கேன். சினிமாவில் ஒரு பாடல் பாட ஆசை. அதுவும் அந்த வாய்ப்பு ஜி.வி.பிரகாஷ் சார் மியூஸிக்ல அமையணும்கிறது என் கனவு. வாய்ப்பு இருக்கா விகடன்?' - மென்மையாக விகடன் மெயில் பாக்ஸைத் தட்டியது சௌம்யாவின் மெயில்.

app_engine
25th September 2010, 01:21 AM
This is extremely funny, though :

"சார்... 'சிக்கு புக்கு... சிக்கு புக்கு ரயிலே' பாட்டுல இருந்தே உங்களை ஃபாலோ பண்ணிட்டு இருக்கேன்.

baroque
25th September 2010, 03:31 AM
:D
Sweet..
nice to read.
Best of luck to her.
Vinatha.

R.Latha
11th November 2010, 01:31 PM
[tscii:97ddedebcc]
GV PRAKASH’S AADUKALAM SURPRISE
GV Prakash Kumar
Nov 10, 2010
Home > More news

Dhanush-starrer Aadukalam is one of the next big releases in Kollywood. Directed by Vetrimaran, of Pollathavan fame, Aadukalam's heroine is Taapsee Pannu. The music of this movie has been scored by GV Prakash Kumar and the audio launch of the movie will be held in Chennai on November 10, 2010.

GV Prakash had earlier hinted that there would be a surprise element in the audio launch. Now it is being rumoured that he is going to dance for a song Yathe Yathe during the audio release. This will definitely evoke a lot of curiosity with his fans!
Tags : Aadukalam, Dhanush, Vetrimaran, Taapsee Pannu, GV Prakash Kumar

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/nov-10-02/aadukalam-gv-prakash-10-11-10.html[/tscii:97ddedebcc]

baba88
12th November 2010, 12:05 AM
yathe yathe is a nice song and well sung by gvp.

Mahen
12th November 2010, 05:09 AM
yathe yathe is a nice song and well sung by gvp.

:exactly:

genesis
13th November 2010, 03:29 AM

Lenka- The Show

பாடல் மட்டுமல்ல படமும் காப்பி.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC76b0VZQog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOV2JHx8Vtc

Mahen
13th November 2010, 04:30 PM

Lenka- The Show

பாடல் மட்டுமல்ல படமும் காப்பி.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC76b0VZQog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOV2JHx8Vtc

Exact copy..this must have been requested by director..GVP is not that stupid to copy a famous song..that too without making any changes..

In Vellithirai, director viji asked to produce Keith Urban's Somebody like u in tamil

baba88
14th November 2010, 11:53 PM
Well GVP already did that in Pollathavan. He copied the song Minnalgal Koothadum song from Akon's Smack that. So it wouldnt surprise me if he did the same here.

Mahen
15th November 2010, 08:22 PM
I would not call it exact copy..he changed it a little

Mahen
25th November 2010, 08:47 PM
[tscii:223194a523]Music composer G V Prakash is certainly going great guns. The latest is that he's working with Bollywood director Anurag Kashyap on two projects!

"Yes," he confirms to TOI, "One is for a movie he's directing. It's set in five time periods and that's very interesting for me musically. The second one is for his production house, a film that's an interesting musical script with romance." In fact, when the director was in Chennai recently, GV met him to discuss the finalities on the mood of the music for the films.

Back in Kollywood, GV — whose last album was Aadukalam — is busy with a few big projects such as Vada Chennai and Maruvan. "Bollywood is important for me," he states, "I hope I rock there but Tamil is dear to me as it gave me the break."

Read more: GV Prakash, Anurag join forces - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/news-interviews/GV-Prakash-Anurag-join-forces/articleshow/6982162.cms#ixzz16J8IjkN7[/tscii:223194a523]

ajaybaskar
25th November 2010, 08:58 PM
Maddy... Ur attention reqd...

MADDY
25th November 2010, 09:04 PM
"Bollywood is important for me," he states, "I hope I rock there but Tamil is dear to me as it gave me the break."

periya A.R.Raghuman ivaru :lol2: .......dei, music avara madhiri podungada adha vittutu hair style, interviews, mannerisms ellam copy pannikittu..........

NOV
25th November 2010, 09:17 PM
music avara madhiri podungada:shock:
Please don't!

GV, continue in your own style and give winning songs!!!!
You rock man, don't worry about these oldies :poke:

ajaybaskar
25th November 2010, 09:19 PM

A.ANAND
26th November 2010, 07:40 AM
"Bollywood is important for me," he states, "I hope I rock there but Tamil is dear to me as it gave me the break."

periya A.R.Raghuman ivaru :lol2: .......dei, music avara madhiri podungada adha vittutu hair style, interviews, mannerisms ellam copy pannikittu..........

:lol: :lol: :lol: engga kekeranuva!ellam arr nenappula methakarangga!

Mahen
26th November 2010, 10:53 AM
music avara madhiri podungada:shock:
Please don't!

GV, continue in your own style and give winning songs!!!!
You rock man, don't worry about these oldies :poke:

Avaruku thaani style ellam illai...ellam uncle oda influence thaan :)

ajaybaskar
26th November 2010, 10:55 AM
Uncle influence mattum irundhu enna prayosanam?

If GVP had sounded half as good as his uncle, he would've gone places.

A.ANAND
26th November 2010, 11:18 AM
bittu payyan-ngarangga!

NOV
26th November 2010, 01:13 PM
Sounds familiar?

illa, some IR fans i know are genuinely disappointed that AR has won global
recognition......

Now, I say

illa, some ARR fans i know are genuinely disappointed that GVP is giving better songs than ARR these days......

A.ANAND
26th November 2010, 04:34 PM
Sounds familiar?

recognition......

Now, I say

illa, some ARR fans i know are genuinely disappointed that GVP is giving better songs than ARR these days......

ithukku naan bathil sollaratha vida enggal padaiyin 'thalabathy'annan maddy sonna sariya irukkum! :lol:

Mahen
26th November 2010, 06:36 PM
Uncle influence mattum irundhu enna prayosanam?

If GVP had sounded half as good as his uncle, he would've gone places.

:shock: isnt he going places? :roll:

AB, with ARR missing from the tamil industry scene,nowadays i looked fwd to GVP albums compared to Harris/Yuvan/dsp..MAdrasapatinam/AO/Anandha thandavam/ Aadukalam/Kiredam/oram po ellam kekaliya? of course there are some mokkai albums like Irumbu kottai etc, but athu small matter :)

You and MAddy never liked him since Veyil days..not sure why :roll:

littlemaster1982
27th November 2010, 05:07 PM
I'm one of his supporters. Bit disappointed though because of his inconsistency.

littlemaster1982
27th November 2010, 05:08 PM
Sounds familiar?

recognition......

Now, I say

NOV :|

Mahen
27th November 2010, 06:50 PM
I'm one of his supporters. Bit disappointed though because of his inconsistency.

8-)

Master, inconsistency is something that all the current mds have..Yuvan/Harris/Thaman etc are all the same..After IR, only ARR has been consistent in giving good music...From 1990-2010, i can only remember <5 mokkai albums from ARR..Beauty palace/parasuram are the ones that i can remember..Thats a great achievement :notworthy:

NOV
28th November 2010, 09:12 AM
[tscii:44f218593a]
GV Prakash is soon to score the music for two Bollywood flicks and interestingly both these films are being directed and produced by Anurag Kashyap. During his visit to Chennai recently for the audio launch of Easan, Anurag had said that he is impressed with Sasi Kumar’s Subramaniapuram and requested him for DVD with sub titles.

Does that mean a Hindi remake of Subramaniapuram from Anurag is in the offing and GV Prakash is to score the music for it?

The buzz, however, is that GV Prakash will compose music for a romantic film, with strong importance to music, and another film to be produced by Anurag.
[/tscii:44f218593a]

NOV
28th November 2010, 09:14 AM
[tscii:8c194e0571]
G V Prakash to marry Saindhavi

He's going great guns on the professional front, composing numbers in different genres and styles. And now, G V Prakash has news on his personal front too – the young music composer is in love and will soon marry his childhood buddy Saindhavi!

"Yes, we're getting married," states the musician, "Saindhavi and I have been friends from school and we've been going out for the past eight years. Recently, our parents spoke and finalised the wedding, which will take place by the end of next year."

So, why weren't they spotted together often in music events and launches? "Well, we didn't want a lot of media attention. The good thing about us is that we knew each other much before we entered the music industry."
According to the composer, the singer has supported him throughout his musical journey so far. "I usually play to her what I've composed and she gives me critical feedback. In fact, most of the songs that she feels are nice go on to become hits. I remember playing Uruguthey... (Veyyil) and Akkam Pakkam (Kireedam) to her... those were the songs that she loved most from those albums; and, they went on to become the biggest hits in my career!"

Does he give feedback about her songs? "Yes," he states, "I sometimes suggest to her how she could have improved her tone. The first time she sung for me was for the Aaruyire... number in Madrasapat tinam in which I tried to get out the tone in her voice that I like best."

One quality about Saindhavi that he loves? "She's simple... that's something I love about her," he quips. Meanwhile, G V Prakash is also excited about the audio launch of Aadukalam, which will take place this evening. "It's a proper folk album and my first rural album after Veyyil. Aadukalam is a dream project for me in terms of music. Post our successful combination in Polladhavan, director Vetrimaran and I wanted to ensure that the background score of the movie rocked... and well, it's turned out very well. I'm sure Vetri will make a mark in Tamil cinema with this film, which, I feel, will take Tamil cinema to the next level."

Read more: G V Prakash to marry Saindhavi - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/news-interviews/G-V-Prakash-to-marry-Saindhavi/articleshow/6895011.cms#ixzz16Xrb0yIx[/tscii:8c194e0571]

ajaybaskar
28th November 2010, 11:34 AM
Mahen,

I would anyday prefer U1 over GVP in terms of quality. Frankly, myself and Maddy shud've supported him just for his roots. But engalukkum manasaatchinnu onnu irukkuma illaya?

Apart from some occasional gr8 numbers like Pookkal pookum, Maalai neram, Urugudhey, etc GVP has only managed to disappoint me.

satissh_r
28th November 2010, 11:51 AM
Apart from some occasional gr8 numbers like Pookkal pookum, Maalai neram, Urugudhey, etc GVP has only managed to disappoint me.

Idhu enna mayam pattayum serthukonga, that is his best song to date for me :)

Mahen
28th November 2010, 03:15 PM
Mahen,

I would anyday prefer U1 over GVP in terms of quality. Frankly, myself and Maddy shud've supported him just for his roots. But engalukkum manasaatchinnu onnu irukkuma illaya?

That applies to all the MDs now rite? I mean whos consistently giving hits after hits? :roll:

NOV
28th November 2010, 07:47 PM
I mean whos consistently giving hits after hits? :roll:Except for GV Prakash, no one else.
Unfortunately.

viraajan
28th November 2010, 08:25 PM
I mean whos consistently giving hits after hits? :roll:Except for GV Prakash, no one else.
Unfortunately.

:shock: :shock: :lol:

Mahen
28th November 2010, 10:26 PM
Unfortunately.

Im a GVP supporter but i disagree with ur statement :) hes given mokkais as well :)

NOV
29th November 2010, 05:48 AM
I am no one's supporters and just enjoy good songs. Based on that, I surmise that for now only GVP is consistently good.

MADDY
4th December 2010, 03:12 PM
Sounds familiar?

recognition......

Now, I say

ok, im jealous of GVP scoring over AR and what did i do -- make fun of GVP in one post and that too gosh, he just has 2 movies in bollywood, not even 1 release yet and he starts talking abt bollywood-kollywood balance - isnt that funny :lol2: .........i didnt even talk abt his songs quality or his albums.......arent u over reacting here??

MADDY
4th December 2010, 03:26 PM
also, NOV thinks i can just appreciate ARs music only and do not have a life apart from his music - pls see below, a young budding MD Amit Trivedi's thread.........ive been appreciative of such talents - grown on iR/AR music primarily, i really expect that quality - cant help it......

http://mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=12426&start=105

also, NOV, picking on AR=picking on GVP?? dont u think u r stretching it too much.........what has GVP achieved to command same respect as AR??

Ramakrishna
4th December 2010, 04:53 PM
I prefer Yuvan over GVP, but GVP over harris.

NOV
4th December 2010, 04:54 PM
he just has 2 movies in bollywood, not even 1 release yet and he starts talking abt bollywood-kollywood balancein malaysian-speak, "where for you paining?" :lol2:

also, NOV thinks i can just appreciate ARs music only and do not have a life apart from his music :notthatway:
It doesnt matter even if you do, its your life and who am I to comment on that.

But what you are doing is exactly the same that you are accusing others of doing.
If you still don't know what I am getting at, you will never get it. But the next time you complain of others, please look at the man in the mirror first. :P

Ramakrishna
4th December 2010, 05:05 PM
I am no one's supporters and just enjoy good songs. Based on that, I surmise that for now only GVP is consistently good.

If we support someone, does it mean we don't enjoy good songs?

NOV
4th December 2010, 05:07 PM
I am no one's supporters and just enjoy good songs. Based on that, I surmise that for now only GVP is consistently good.If we support someone, does it mean we don't enjoy good songs?nee enkitta udha vaangama pOga pOradhilla :P

Ramakrishna
4th December 2010, 05:08 PM
Ipdilaam solli samaalikkaatheenga, Sandaikku vaangappa en kooda

NOV
4th December 2010, 05:10 PM
Ipdilaam solli samaalikkaatheenga, Sandaikku vaangappa en koodavarEn, mudhalla oru chinna party - unakku. appuram thaan soodErum ;)

MADDY
4th December 2010, 08:52 PM
But what you are doing is exactly the same that you are accusing others of doing.
If you still don't know what I am getting at, you will never get it. But the next time you complain of others, please look at the man in the mirror first. :P

everyone have to look into their mirrors, not just me....

a kamal fan makes fun of TR but defends kamal vehemently when a rajini fan attacks kamal,
a IR fan scorns at DSP but defends at slightest provocation of AR fans,
a sivaji fan makes hell lot of fun on MGR but defends when sivaji is attacked by MGR fans

almost everyone whines at their idol being bashed at some point or other......btw, i understood u have made up a opinion on me, i dont think i can change it :D

dinesh2002
19th January 2011, 08:30 AM
His Yaathey Yaathey from Aadukalam is extremely addictive...!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nMAJ_8mODQ

AudazJay
19th January 2011, 10:29 AM
His forte is definitely melody numbers.I've always been amazed with his melody songs right from his Veyyil. Having said that, an Aaruyire/Pookal Pookum can't help him much when he flunks in other genres and GVP flunks BIG time when it comes to BGM! :evil:
Forget about IR/AR, this guy still has a loooonngg way to go before he can even come to Yuvan's level.

NOV
19th January 2011, 03:11 PM
The only MD who has my attention now and who is consistently consistent is GV Prakash.

And I certainly dont want him to go ARR or Yuvan way!

Plum
19th January 2011, 05:34 PM
NOV, :shock:. This guy is extremely inconsistent - and even within an album. A bit like Ajit Agarkar(you wouldnt know him but trust me, the comparison's perfect). 5 4-balls and one peach of a delivery.

ajaybaskar
19th January 2011, 05:36 PM
+ 1000

NOV
19th January 2011, 05:55 PM
Plum, we will agree to disagree, simply becos our tastes differ. :)

ajaybaskar
19th January 2011, 05:58 PM
NOVji,

How many songs did u like in Madharaspattinam, Va 1/4 cutting?

NOV
19th January 2011, 05:59 PM
madras? more than raavanan, vtv or endhiran individually. :poke:

ajaybaskar
19th January 2011, 06:00 PM
madras? more than raavanan, vtv or endhiran individually. :poke:

I never asked u to compare. Just asked the count. :)

ajaybaskar
19th January 2011, 06:01 PM
Or, Pls do this exercise..

Without googling, tell me one song in Va 1/4.

NOV
19th January 2011, 06:14 PM
unnai kan theduthe :lol:
also the arabic song

but I dont understand why you are taking this album to represent GVP

ajaybaskar
19th January 2011, 06:18 PM
but I dont understand why you are taking this album to represent GVP

Adhu avaru MDya work panna padamthaane?

HJ or Yuvan music potta albumna oru curiosity irukkathaan seiyudhu. Thats definitely missing with GVP.

NOV
19th January 2011, 06:25 PM
Thats definitely missing with GVP.I guess you are speaking for yourself.
But definitely there is a lot of interest for me. In fact HR's last album didnt give me much satisfaction, and the CD is not being listened much either. But GVP is THE man for me now. :cheer:

ajaybaskar
19th January 2011, 06:29 PM
Ennavo..

Ungalukku pidichcha sari.. :-)

NOV
19th January 2011, 06:30 PM
adhathaan mudhalErndhu sollittirukkEn :P

in fact the no 1 song in 2010 for me is a toss between un pErai sollumpOdhu and pookkal pookkum tharunam.

an MD cannot get bigger than this. :)

ajaybaskar
19th January 2011, 06:32 PM
an MD cannot get bigger than this. :)

:shock:

NOV
19th January 2011, 06:35 PM
an MD cannot get bigger than this. :) :shock:dont take it literally.
its a saying :rotfl: (to tie up with my first post in this page)

ajaybaskar
19th January 2011, 06:38 PM
Come on NOV,

I respect ur liking for GVP. But he has miles to go..

NOV
19th January 2011, 06:40 PM
But he has miles to go..But I don't have ... so any MD better satisfy me NOW. :yessir:

sureshmehcnit
19th January 2011, 08:10 PM
Aadukalam Background score (with an AV proof of G.V.Plagiarism Kumar)

http://www.backgroundscore.com/2011/01/aadukalam-background-score.html

NOV
20th January 2011, 07:45 AM
Suresh, what about Ilaiyaraja's plagiarism? Isn't there also ample proof?

NormalMan
20th January 2011, 08:42 AM

Yes there is ample proof from the past - maybe not at the frequency we are point out here. What's your point?

NOV
20th January 2011, 08:47 AM
What's your point?Point is "dont take the moral high ground." From time immemorial no one has been above copying.

Plum
20th January 2011, 09:45 AM
serail killerum irukkaan. Jeppadi thirudanum irukkaan. Rendu perukkume thookku dhanadanai kudukkara sattam ezhudhungapppa

R.Latha
20th January 2011, 01:38 PM
Aadukalam (2010)

Music Director: Prakash Kumar GV

Actors: Dhanush, Taapsee Pannu

Director: Vetrimaaran

Producer: Kathiresan S

1. Yathe Yathe
Singer: Prakash Kumar GV
Lyricist: Snegan

2. Otha Sollaala
Singer: Velmurugan
Lyricist: Yegathasi

3. Porkkalam (Tamil-Rap)
Singer: Yogi B
Lyricist: Yuga Bharathi

4. En Vennilave
Singer: Kay Kay
Lyricist: Jayapalan

5. Ayyayo
Singers: Balasubrahmanyam SP, Charan SPB, Prashanthini

6. Warriors (English Rap)
Singer: Yogi B
Lyricist: Yogi B

7. A Love Blossoms (Instrumental)
Singer: Naveen Iyer

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/#/album/29-Tamil_Movie_Songs/37218-Aadukalam__2010_/

Mahen
20th January 2011, 02:26 PM

Yes there is ample proof from the past - maybe not at the frequency we are point out here. What's your point?

Anniyan-'Thappu enna baniyan size-ah small, medium,large-nu'

IR has directly lifted Yanni's piece for the bgm in KAsturimaan :D

Mahen
20th January 2011, 02:29 PM

Suresh, before calling him g.v plagiarism kumar, why dont you post the video on his FB's wall and see what he has to say abt this? It may be even Vetri's idea to use the bgm

Sunil_M88
20th January 2011, 04:04 PM

The instrumentation may be the slightest of similar but the notes are completely different. I don't consider it being a direct lift or as you addressed "ripped off".

NOV
20th January 2011, 06:05 PM
IR has directly lifted Yanni's piece for the bgm in KAsturimaan :Done among the many, but anyway, lets use this thread to discuss GVP's music positively.

sureshmehcnit
20th January 2011, 07:12 PM

Suresh, before calling him g.v plagiarism kumar, why dont you post the video on his FB's wall and see what he has to say abt this? It may be even Vetri's idea to use the bgm

That name G.V.Plagiarism Kumar I read somewhere in the net, and I just used it. I like G.V.Prakash's songs just as much as any of his hard core fans do. And yes, this could also have happened because of Vetri Maaran's insistence. I can perfectly understand that. Even if that is the case, is it so difficult for a composer to convince the director to use a original composition for a background score cue, that runs for less than a minute?

sureshmehcnit
20th January 2011, 07:15 PM

Anniyan-'Thappu enna baniyan size-ah small, medium,large-nu'

IR has directly lifted Yanni's piece for the bgm in KAsturimaan :D

Hi all, Ilaiyaraaja is a Palgiarism Raaja. I have said it. Now, all the fame and respect he has earned in 35 years of his career is going to crumble.

San_K
20th January 2011, 07:24 PM

Remember what he said in interviews about 'Remix'. He even denied to do a remix song in Polladhavan.

Remix pannuradhE thoraikku gowrava koraichal - appadindra pothu BGM lift mattum othukittaraakkum :lol2:

Nerd
20th January 2011, 07:33 PM
It may be even Vetri's idea to use the bgm
He has even credited remote resemblances to films like Cache, Virumaandi etc., correct-aa? Ivlo pannavar idhai panna maattaaraa? Haven't seen the film, pOttirunthaa santhOsam.

And GVP has a proven track record of suffufying BGMs in most of his films.

Ilaiyaraaja pOtta 5000 paattulayum, 1000 BGMlayum oru 10 thErumaa? Copied? GVP has what 20 films? And he has been copying very regularly. What a lame comparison :clap:

Mahen
20th January 2011, 08:53 PM
It may be even Vetri's idea to use the bgm
He has even credited remote resemblances to films like Cache, Virumaandi etc., correct-aa? Ivlo pannavar idhai panna maattaaraa? Haven't seen the film, pOttirunthaa santhOsam.

And GVP has a proven track record of suffufying BGMs in most of his films.

Ilaiyaraaja pOtta 5000 paattulayum, 1000 BGMlayum oru 10 thErumaa? Copied? GVP has what 20 films? And he has been copying very regularly. What a lame comparison :clap:

Ungaluku terinjathu 10, there may be even more :D IR time-le technology konjam kammi, suttalum yarukum teriyathu

Anyway my point is whether u suttify 1 or 100, it is still SUTTUFYING..justification ellam thevai illai :)

Nerd
20th January 2011, 09:09 PM
Ungaluku terinjathu 10, there may be even more :D IR time-le technology konjam kammi, suttalum yarukum teriyathu
:lol: ennamO 1982-la pOtta paatta appo mattum dhaan ketta maadhiri solreenga. Ippo koodathaan ellaarum kekkuraainga in various music channels, FM radios etc

Anyway my point is whether u suttify 1 or 100, it is still SUTTUFYING..justification ellam thevai illai :)
What were you trying to do w.r.to GVP's suttuthal? Vetri asked him to? Thats not called "susstipication" :lol: :lol:

And the GVP-IR comparison w.r.to plagiarism is getting lamer. I retire.

Even for a not-so-big-fan-of-western-music like me, GVP's lifts are embarrassing and he does that often at this young age. Why, is he THAT unimaginative?

He does come up with nice songs once in a while but his BGMs are nothing to speak of. And am I the only one in hub who does not think much of Pookkal pookkum tharunam?

dinesh2002
20th January 2011, 10:10 PM
:lol: ennamO 1982-la pOtta paatta appo mattum dhaan ketta maadhiri solreenga. Ippo koodathaan ellaarum kekkuraainga in various music channels, FM radios etc

What were you trying to do w.r.to GVP's suttuthal? Vetri asked him to? Thats not called "susstipication" :lol: :lol:

Even for a not-so-big-fan-of-western-music like me, GVP's lifts are embarrassing and he does that often at this young age. Why, is he THAT unimaginative?

He does come up with nice songs once in a while but his BGMs are nothing to speak of. And am I the only one in hub who does not think much of Pookkal pookkum tharunam?

Me, Nerd. i Find pookal pookam tharunam very very plain. no life, soul nor love in that song. The ONLY good thing in the song is Roop Kumar Rathod. When he goes in high pitch, it just gives u the goosebumps....

mona1
21st January 2011, 02:01 AM

I am with you on Pookum Pookum Tharunam.. Nothing to rave about

Seriously cant put this in a better way other than calling this comparison lame.

NOV
21st January 2011, 07:13 AM
I retire.:goodidea:
Now, lets get back to GV Prakash, the MD of this decade :thumbsup:

What are the other movies on the pipeline for GVP other than Muppozuthum un karpanaikal?

mahen01
21st January 2011, 08:37 AM
I agree GVP giving some good songs here and there.. but he is copying way too much. We can rate him after Devas, Rajkumars he is right up there siting next to them.

Mahen
21st January 2011, 10:43 AM
Nerd, yaarume uthaman illai athan en point :)

Nov, hes working with director Vijay with Vikram as the hero and 2 hindi films :)

Mahen
21st January 2011, 10:49 AM
I agree GVP giving some good songs here and there.. but he is copying way too much. We can rate him after Devas, Rajkumars he is right up there siting next to them.

oh appdiya..pls list down 5 songs that has been copied..copy-na must be exact copy..similar tunes/inspiration ellam rejected..AFIAIK, suriyan(vellithirai) and theddiya(Va quater) are direct lifts..Suriyan song was requested by the director and im not sure abt thediya

Just take his Ayirathil Oruvan, musically it was outstanding..on par with an ARR album..If you can prove that he suttufy any of the songs from the album, i'll admit he has miles to go :)

NOV
21st January 2011, 03:09 PM
Thanks Mahen.
Dont waste time arguing; you know why some ppl are spiteful.

ajaybaskar
21st January 2011, 03:16 PM
Just take his Ayirathil Oruvan, musically it was outstanding..

Agreed. After all u r his fan :)

on par with an ARR album..

Vehemently disagree as an ARR fan. :evil:

This is an insult. U r doing the same thing what Kamal did to MSV and Raja.

NOV
21st January 2011, 03:22 PM
:sigh2: marupadiyum aarambaththilirundhaa? :sigh2:

why cant you leave ppl alone with their opinions ajay?
I think MSV, IR and ARR are all past their prime.
GVP is current.

ajaybaskar
21st January 2011, 03:23 PM

Ok. Let's leave it here.. :D

San_K
21st January 2011, 04:06 PM
I understand that why NOV promoting GVP in Hub :lol:

NOV
21st January 2011, 04:23 PM
I don't know what you understand San, but I always stand for the underdogs. Once upon a time it was for ARR, then Harris and now GVP. ;)

Anyway, this thread is for GVP.
How would an IR fan feel if someone comes and continually posts negative stuff in his thread?

kid-glove
21st January 2011, 05:03 PM
:sigh2: marupadiyum aarambaththilirundhaa? :sigh2:

why cant you leave ppl alone with their opinions ajay?
I think MSV, IR and ARR are all past their prime.
GVP is current.

paathu shock adikka pOguthu..

Plum
21st January 2011, 05:58 PM
I don't know what you understand San, but I always stand for the underdogs. Once upon a time it was for ARR, then Harris and now GVP.

music dhAn mukkiyamE thavira underdog overcat ellAm mukkiyam illai. This shows that you evaluate not based on musical quality but sociological factors like whether the aprticular MD is an underdog or not.

I was about to observe the same but you said it yourself.
You said ARR, Harris and now GVP. Do you remmeber you used to champion YSR also once? From that time your argument has been fanboys of "<Some Titan of an MD>" underrate this boy so I will support him. Not like this boy makes high quality music on par with the titans at their peak and so I support him.

enakku underdog, titan, award winner, overlord ellAm mukkiyam illai. Only inherent quality as I percieve it. In other words, I am holier than thou :poke:

NOV
22nd January 2011, 09:33 AM
not so fast plum. :P

every one and their neighbour know that GVP is excelling now. if he is not, I wouldnt bother.

irunthum ppl are being spiteful on his success becos he happens to be not one of their favs, or theirs favourite's vaarisu. :poke:

I like Yuvan (and still continue to) but his record post Paiyya has not been impressive, thus my silence. ;)

Mahen
22nd January 2011, 11:41 AM
not so fast plum. :P

every one and their neighbour know that GVP is excelling now. if he is not, I wouldnt bother.

irunthum ppl are being spiteful on his success becos he happens to be not one of their favs, or theirs favourite's vaarisu. :poke:

I like Yuvan (and still continue to) but his record post Paiyya has not been impressive, thus my silence. ;)

True..i wonder why :roll:

ajaybaskar
22nd January 2011, 11:44 AM
Mahen,

Avaru solraarunnu neengalum thalai aattureenga? Nobody has a grudge on GVP and why shud anybody have? Ppl here have always celebrated good music. VS for Magizhchchi, Eeram, Mundhinam Paarthene for Thaman, etc. Avanga yaar vaarisu?

Mahen
22nd January 2011, 01:27 PM
Ajay,
Even when he made his debut in Veeyil, many werent happy because his 'easy entry' to the film world...

One hubber interz just hates him..claiming that he doesnt like his music(his composing style)..one of the weirdest reason i have heard..

AO was a rocking album and musically it was outstanding..pls tell me one album(exclude ARR's) that could match AO last year...im only talking about quality here not the commercial success of the song :) appadi irumthum, he has miles to go solringe :( like as if Yuvan/Harris/Thaman/VA are in a different level and GVP is an amateur

kid-glove
22nd January 2011, 01:34 PM
Yuvan/Harris/VS are in a higher level. Easily.

GVP is in class of DSP, Thaman and rest..

Mahen
22nd January 2011, 01:53 PM
Cant agree with you :) For me all of them are equally inconsistent..

ajaybaskar
22nd January 2011, 02:56 PM
Mahen,

I am not sure abt ur place. But here in India, some movies or sold banking on the name of the composers. Prices may vary according to the ranks. And that dictates their pay cheques too. HJ and Yuvan have attained that status but not GVP. Thats y i mentioned that he has a long way to go.

NOV
22nd January 2011, 05:41 PM
and what has that got to do with music?

anyway, GVP is far ahead of IR and ARR :lol2:

Sunil_M88
22nd January 2011, 06:18 PM
As the thread's title has lost its real meaning over the last few days since everyone are discussing other TFM MDs.

I like to say, I favour Thaman in the race of the current generation DOT

Mahen
22nd January 2011, 06:18 PM
Mahen,

I am not sure abt ur place. But here in India, some movies or sold banking on the name of the composers. Prices may vary according to the ranks. And that dictates their pay cheques too. HJ and Yuvan have attained that status but not GVP. Thats y i mentioned that he has a long way to go.
I thought u were referring to his music :)

NOV, comedy pannatinge :x

Plum
22nd January 2011, 09:30 PM
Mahen, tell me this. How does not liking GVp(which i didnt claim anyway) only because someone is an ir or arr fan. Enna logicyA idhu? Ungalukku pudichirukku so maththavangaLukku pudikkalainA they have agenda? Isnt this a fanatical view from you and nov? Idhula maththavangaLa ir/arr fanaticnu solla vENdiyadhu? Look at the mirror, gents.

NOV
22nd January 2011, 09:31 PM
take it easy plum... all these were not directed at you. :P

Mahen
22nd January 2011, 10:15 PM
Mahen, tell me this. How does not liking GVp(which i didnt claim anyway) only because someone is an ir or arr fan. Enna logicyA idhu? Ungalukku pudichirukku so maththavangaLukku pudikkalainA they have agenda? Isnt this a fanatical view from you and nov? Idhula maththavangaLa ir/arr fanaticnu solla vENdiyadhu? Look at the mirror, gents.

Plumji, when did i say that? :roll:

Siv.S
22nd January 2011, 10:33 PM
anyway, GVP is far ahead of IR and ARR :lol2
:sigh2:

jaiganes
22nd January 2011, 11:34 PM
puLLaandaan ore oru nalla paattu(pookkal pookum tharunam) dhaan potrukkaan idhuvaraikkum.
avanukku aduththa isai gnaana sambandham maadhiri oru builduppaa?
NOV andha vikram matter #3 innum parcel pannalaye neenga?

ajaybaskar
23rd January 2011, 09:43 AM

Better the product, better the sales, stronger gets the brand.

அப்புறம் ஹாரிஸும் யுவனும் என்ன நீச்சலுடையில் ஆடியா இவ்வளவு ரசிகர்களை குவித்தார்கள்? :evil:

viraajan
23rd January 2011, 10:04 AM

அப்புறம் ஹாரிஸும் யுவனும் என்ன நீச்சலுடையில் ஆடியா இவ்வளவு ரசிகர்களை குவித்தார்கள்? :evil:

good one :lol:

Mahen
23rd January 2011, 11:26 AM

Seniority is the reason :) And both had some super hits/BB films at that time, so their music gets better recognition...Intha vishayatil,GVP is unlucky..He never really had any BB films..Anandha thandavam/AO had good music but the songs went unnoticed because the movies did not do well..

Wibha
23rd January 2011, 11:35 AM
My new hero :cool:

viraajan
23rd January 2011, 11:46 AM

Seniority is the reason :) And both had some super hits/BB films at that time, so their music gets better recognition...Intha vishayatil,GVP is unlucky..He never really had any BB films..Anandha thandavam/AO had good music but the songs went unnoticed because the movies did not do well..

I did not want to get into this GVP-Yuvan-HJ comparisons and discussions as I find it very stale.

Now, your this post made me share my thoughts.

If you say GVP is unlucky becuase his movies failed at BO, i should say Yuvan is the unluckiest.

Look at the no of movies Yuvan has done in last three years and no of movies that succeeded. You will come to know what I'm trying to convey.

More than 50% of his movies bombed at the box office and most of the movies he did were for unknown/very less popular/very small movies. Many of his gems went unnoticed. I can give a huge list buddy.

Very small unknown movies get at least noticed little, only because of Yuvan music. Kadhal Solla Vandhen, Muthirai, KPKP kind of movies ellam, first three days collection 'Good' nu sollalam. The ONLY MAN behind this is Yuvan and not the hero or the producer.

Guaranteed two-three days opening when 'Yuvan' is on the title card. Check 'Chennai Box office' reports of Behindwoods to crossverify if you want.

:)

Another fact (not a big one though) which I came across with the Pongal Releases must be quoted here.

Karthi's Paiya and NMA had very huge opening. Both touched a mark of 72 lakhs in chennai, IIRC. But sadly, his siruthai could collect 65 L i think. Being a festival release, this is certainly lower that it should have been! Well, that says it all!

Scale
23rd January 2011, 11:52 AM
Last two years belongs to him. <consistently consistent> pallellaam koosunaalum athaan unmai.

GVP is very close to Yuvan in an year or two he may/will surpass.

Anandha Thaandavam is my fav album of GVP.

viraajan
23rd January 2011, 11:54 AM
Scale, in an year or two, Yuvan will not be in the same position as he is now. :D

jinju
23rd January 2011, 11:56 AM

seniortiy mannaangatti! HJ became a brand by giving some awesome tunes to propel an unknown film like Minnale months prior to its release. YSR did the same with many small films, more recently Baana Kaathaadi! Indha small films, no chance in big banners, etc are excuses that even GVP wouldn't/shudn't be proud of uttering...! GVP botched it up bigtime when he got opportunity in a Rajnikanth film, how bigger can it get?!

GVP is 1 or at the max 2 good songs in an album, big or small, as of now! let him be more consistent, viruthugal varum, rasigargalum...till then, i concur with Robert Frost n ajaybaskar in saying 'miles to go....' Aadukalam is indeed a good start in covering those miles! all the best to GVP!

Scale
23rd January 2011, 12:13 PM
botched it? Really?!? Isn't that a decent attempt by GVP.

PV thitanumne thitreengala...

Scale
23rd January 2011, 12:15 PM
vr, good luck.

jinju
23rd January 2011, 12:44 PM
botched it? Really?!? Isn't that a decent attempt by GVP.

PV thitanumne thitreengala...

decent is what it is, and mostly amongst musical medhaigal like u Scale...popular vote also counts, a pointer to why HJ is STILL big! how many people actually ventured to watch it for the music, say like many did in the case of a Minnale? in those terms, Aadukalam is a start, though musically the score didn't hit the higher points as AO!

i nev' questioned his talent, tho his blatant lifting do bug me...and blaming directors for everything is just not on! agree with kid in equating him to Thaman but DSP....he's down ther, right down...GVP is way ahead!

PV-na enna?:rolleyes:

Mahen
23rd January 2011, 12:45 PM
Aha, periya thalai ellam join pannitange..i escape :yessir: :D

VR, siruthai had lesser collection because Adukalam and Kavalan was there..Paiya and NMA had a solo release i think..so logically the collections should be more..Yuvan thaan reason-na, i cant accept..appo naan Tammu thaan reason solven :lol:

And Kandal Konden/7G were BBs, and made him famous..GVP never had any BBs in his list..

Scale
23rd January 2011, 01:57 PM
PV - P VASU, the tyre-tucker of Kuselan. I dont know what you are saying

1) How about conducting a talk show on YSR, HJ, VS, DSP copying? In that we may add a pointer that GVP also has two songs to his shame may be 1 more...

2) kuthira votta therinjavenellam raajavagida mudiyaathu (HJ, DSP, Thaman(he is just a kid now) Even if you are a raaja's varisu that won't help longer in CT's.

3) If it's BGM then no one deserves any disc except Yuvan (barring some exceptional lifts)

Plum
23rd January 2011, 03:47 PM
Simple question - arr/ir/yuvan fans gvp sumaarnu sonnA vENumnE solRAngannu solRinga(to deny gvp's'success :lol:) but ruler et al reserve the right to act as if it's sacrilege to not like gvp and is only due to (pallu koosum or whatever)
Is this not the dfefintion of fanaticism?

Gvp fanatics, look at the mirror?
Wherefrom your arrogance? Atleast ir/arr fans have a valid excuse to be arrogant

Scale
23rd January 2011, 03:59 PM
:banghead: :banghead:

Plum
23rd January 2011, 04:32 PM
Thalaila adichikittu piriyOjanam illai. Look at the mirror, friend. Vaai koosAma maththavanai fanatcnu solla theriyudhilla - mirror sollum uNmai kasakkudhA?

Scale
23rd January 2011, 04:34 PM
Last two years belongs to him. <consistently consistent> pallellaam koosunaalum athaan unmai.

Lets list it out and see for ourselves

GVP :AT, aO, Angadi Theru, Madrasapattinam, Aadukalam < IKMS, Va)

Harris : Ayan, Aadhavan, EK, KO

Yuvan: Paiyya, TVP, Goa, BK, KSV, NMA. BEB

Thaman : MP. Aridhu A, Ayyanar

DSP : Singam , MA

No one is consistent but the competition is betwee U1 & GVP.

Scale
23rd January 2011, 04:37 PM
@plum ithe velaiya pochu

viraajan
23rd January 2011, 06:23 PM

Lets list it out and see for ourselves

Harris : Ayan, Aadhavan, EK, KO

Yuvan: Paiyya, TVP, Goa, BK, KSV, NMA. BEB

Thaman : MP. Aridhu A, Ayyanar

DSP : Singam , MA

No one is consistent but the competition is betwee U1 & GVP.

ada pOnga boss... ungaLukku visayamE theriyAdha...

---(not verbatim)---
Q: It seems you, HJ and Yuvan have a tough competition in the industry.
GVP: I consider HJ as my competitor. I don't know much about Yuvan.

GVP in one of his recent (few weeks ago) interviews.

dinesh2002
23rd January 2011, 06:55 PM
Doenst know much about Yuvan? Is this guy out of his mind or something.....?? Where was he during the time of Goa, Naan Maha Alla, Paiyya song released?? Those songs got aired more often more than his own songs.....

Scale
23rd January 2011, 07:33 PM
Are you referring to this vr?

http://www.sify.com/movies/g-v-prakash-chats-with-fans-online-news-tamil-kkfqWxcacjd.html

Mahen
23rd January 2011, 07:39 PM
Avarukum yuvanakum etho prechanai nenaikiren :roll: The way he replied :shock: its quite obvious

You are Yavans replacement in Aayiarthil Oruvan...Did you speak to Yuvan before accepting the offer...I mean professional ettique?
actually i dont know him ...

Scale
23rd January 2011, 07:43 PM
Un mela aasai" thaan is super dooper hit.. But it has the resemblance of Sarvam Intro song? y so? bcos i made music for the video which was shot b4 but i avoided how much ever i could ... but anyways ours is a wayyyy bigger hit

:lol: Selva konjam overave thelichi vitrukaaru pola

Plum
23rd January 2011, 07:59 PM
Ruler, edhE vElaiyA pOchu? Ninga mattum sombai vechukittu ir/arr fans-ai judge paNNalAm nAnga paNNa kUdADHA?
Ir/arr/ysr fans - here's' a tip dont be defensive on people accusing you of denying gvp's glory due to ir/arr/ysr fanaticism. Call the gvp fanaticism attitude that leads such people to reject any criticsm of gvp as ir/arr/ysr/hj fanaticism.

I mean, why would anyone get bosom envy on gvp :lol:

viraajan
23rd January 2011, 08:20 PM
Mahen, there is no problem at Yuvan's end. It is GVP's attitude that reflects in his answers. Coz, at AO Audio release function, when Yuvan spoke 'i wish GVP all the best'. I think he also spoke a word about GVP's music in AO.

So 'Attitude' matters. That 'ours is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy (ennada izhuva?? :lol: ) bigger hit says it all...

But idhellam engala affect pannala... first we got irritated... and second time, konjam irritation and more lols.

He got 'nice' tweets from Yuvan fans for his words about Yuvan in his recent interview. :lol2: He must have logged of the twitter after seeing that. lol..

viraajan
23rd January 2011, 08:25 PM
Scale, no not this one. I'm talking about a very recent one. Give me sometime. I will revert with the link and source. :)

viraajan
23rd January 2011, 08:33 PM
It's an article on AV, first week of Jan. Here is the exact Q & A (translated in english)

Q: You are saying you are not interested for any spot. But isn't it true that there is a competition among Harris, U1 and you?

A: Yeah, true, we three have tough competition among us. But I believe Harris is the only competitor for me. He is a good guy and I have worked for him. Competition brings out good music. I don't know Yuvan that much and say hello to him when I see him, that's all'.[tscii:4f1d3c38ba][/tscii:4f1d3c38ba]

Mahen
23rd January 2011, 08:58 PM
It's an article on AV, first week of Jan. Here is the exact Q & A (translated in english)

Q: You are saying you are not interested for any spot. But isn't it true that there is a competition among Harris, U1 and you?

A: Yeah, true, we three have tough competition among us. But I believe Harris is the only competitor for me. He is a good guy and I have worked for him. Competition brings out good music. I don't know Yuvan that much and say hello to him when I see him, that's all'.[tscii:58346e0aa0][/tscii:58346e0aa0]

Kanfirm etho prechanai iruku :) GVP is making it obvious :)

VR, actually enakum as a person, GVP pidikathu :) he talks alot...

Plum
23rd January 2011, 09:46 PM
And someone actually said Rahman had a poorer 2010 than GVP? :rotfl3:
VTV, raavanan and endhiran - between the 3, all possible angles of success: commercial, critical, quality, experimentation - whichever way you slice, gvp's albums will not be a speck comparitively. Seriously, idhai ellAm epdi moonjiya nErA vechukittu solRANga?

Siv.S
23rd January 2011, 10:19 PM
Vr, arrogant is not the problem.. athu niraya perukku problem than... inga atha debate-aa kondu vantha etho naama avaroda achievement-aa paathu jealous pesura mathri kondu varranga..avaru enna pesinaa namakkenna..

VTV, raavanan and endhiran - between the 3, all possible angles of success: commercial, critical, quality, experimentation - whichever way you slice, gvp's albums will not be a speck comparitively. Seriously, idhai ellAm epdi moonjiya nErA vechukittu solRANga?
kali kaalam boss :( thirumba thirumba itha quote panni post pannathenga.. .. romba kashtama irukku. sathiyamaaa..

viraajan
23rd January 2011, 10:59 PM

A: Yeah, true, we three have tough competition among us. But I believe Harris is the only competitor for me. He is a good guy and I have worked for him. Competition brings out good music. I don't know Yuvan that much and say hello to him when I see him, that's all'.[tscii:d8d6292e5b][/tscii:d8d6292e5b]

Kanfirm etho prechanai iruku :) GVP is making it obvious :)

VR, actually enakum as a person, GVP pidikathu :) he talks alot...

Mahen, AFAIK, there is no problem at Yuvan's end. I would have got to know it if there were any issues between them. So, I guess GVP personally doesn't like Yuvan.

BTW, would like to quote it here that GVP kitta ellam prachnai panni Yuvan-ku onnum aaga poradhu illa... he's beyond GVP in all aspects...

viraajan
23rd January 2011, 11:05 PM
Siv, yes i agree. Keeping Yuvan in the level of GVP and making comparison simply annoyed and irritated me... the topic got deviated, hence i had to quote few comments of GVP.

dinesh2002
24th January 2011, 04:16 AM

:lol: they r providing us some jokes to laugh at their face.... we should thank them.... lets wish more jokes to come about....

NOV
24th January 2011, 06:54 AM
Plum, how about you taking a break and looking at the mirror for once?

You go around tearing everyone and have scant respect for holy cows EXCEPT the I word. And when that happens, you lose all sense of balance and objectivity and lash out blindfolded.

chill man, this is not about IR. 8-)

NOV
24th January 2011, 06:55 AM
Last two years belongs to him. <consistently consistent> pallellaam koosunaalum athaan unmai. :thumbsup:
touche!

jinju
24th January 2011, 07:25 AM

idhu verayaa?!

heights of desperation written all over this thread, so such comments too on expected lines!

Scale
24th January 2011, 11:25 AM

I want to listen to some GVP album and picked up MP (toss bet this & AT) for the sole reason being a periodic film. This is quiet a challenging work for any budding composers in TFM. Having listened to so much of periodic music from the legendary gurus I toned down my expectation and listened to it in an earnest possible way. Definitely worth the listen Aaruyire, pookkal pookkum tharunam, vaamma duraiyamma, meghame & the two themes are good & great nos. Look at the singers list MSV, Udit, Roop Kumar Rathod, Hariharan & Sonu Nigam. Though it sounds a bit imperialistic and some may find it ruined, honestly the tunes, orchestration, ludes are pleasant to hear and he pulled it off skillfully.

Have to appreciate the producer and the director for having confidence in a young, budding composer GVP and he does proved it that he can handle this too. Truly, a feather in his hat!

Scale
24th January 2011, 11:33 AM
It is blasphemous to ignore AT if we were to talk about GVP.

un perai sollum bothe &
kathaigalai pesum

Top-notch!

NOV
24th January 2011, 11:53 AM
Thanks Scale for bringing the thread to track.

NOV
24th January 2011, 11:54 AM
GV Prakash, the big Pongal winner

The fastest rising music director GV Prakash according to music industry trackers is Pongal 2011's big winner.

His Aadukalam music is topping the charts and the song Yathe Yathe is becoming an anthem!

Take a look at Radio Mirchi (98.3 FM)'s Top 20, week ending January 15 (Pongal Day).

Yathe Yathe song tops the list at number one position, followed by Otha Sollalla at number three.

All the other three releases of Pongal: Kaavalan, Siruthai and Illaignan have music by the veteran Vidyasagar.

In Radio Mirchi's latest countdown Kaavalan song Step Step is at number 10 while Siruthai's Naan Romba Romba is at number 20.

Ilaignan does not feature in the countdown.

It clearly means GV Prakash's music of Aadukalam is a chartbuster. Yathe Yathe is 2011's first chartbuster.

Once Sun TV starts showing the beautifully picturised full length song, its popularity will soar .

Scale
24th January 2011, 11:57 AM
Welcome NOV :)

Scale
24th January 2011, 12:05 PM
This kid is just 23 and going great guns. One personal advice try to acquire good projects and let your work speaks like this. Never ever leave vasantha baalan in midway :evil:

chevy
24th January 2011, 12:06 PM
VTV, raavanan and endhiran - between the 3, all possible angles of success: commercial, critical, quality, experimentation - whichever way you slice, gvp's albums will not be a speck comparitively. Seriously, idhai ellAm epdi moonjiya nErA vechukittu solRANga? : :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

NOV
24th January 2011, 12:14 PM
This kid is just 23 and going great guns. One personal advice try to acquire good projects and let your work speaks like this. Never ever leave vasantha baalan in midway :evil:yeah, he has a personality problem. lots of immaturity.

but lets concentrate on his output rather.
the rest can go into kisu kisu thread...

San_K
24th January 2011, 01:27 PM
Top 10 songs I liked (barring inspiration or something)

1) Unperai sollum
2) Minnal Koothadum
3) nilaadiya nila enge
4) otha sollala
5) ayyayo
6) kathaigalai pesum
7) Urugudhe Maragudhe
8) pookal pookum
9) yaathe
10) kana kangiren

thanks to aadukalam, atleast I could fill something in the list

i won't credit GVP for 'un mela aasaithan' song :P

Ramakrishna
24th January 2011, 01:51 PM
Only a fight like this can make a GVP thread run :lol2:

Sunil_M88
24th January 2011, 06:18 PM
Top 10 songs I liked (barring inspiration or something)

1) Unperai sollum
2) Minnal Koothadum
3) nilaadiya nila enge
4) otha sollala
5) ayyayo
6) kathaigalai pesum
7) Urugudhe Maragudhe
8) pookal pookum
9) yaathe
10) kana kangiren

thanks to aadukalam, atleast I could fill something in the list

i won't credit GVP for 'un mela aasaithan' song :P

Do you consider Akkam Pakkam and Kanavellam from Kireedam inspired or do you just not like them.

I would of definitely put them somewhere in the top 5, conversely it's your choice but you have listed some of GVP's shining numbers. :thumbsup:

My list:

1) Ayyayo
2) Sollamma
3) Akkam Pakkam
4) Megam Pola
5) Kanavellam
6) Vaama Duraiyamma
7) Kaadhal Neruppin
8) A love Blossoms
9) Saudi Basha
10) Chaaral

Mahen
24th January 2011, 07:28 PM
Its tough to come up with the top ten list..There are plenty..

-Idhu enna mayam
-Uyirile
-Vizhiyil
-Tulasi Chedi
-Poovinai
-Anandha thandavam theme
-eppada-Kaalai

and many more...

Sunil_M88
25th January 2011, 02:38 AM
1) Ayyayo
2) Sollamma
3) Akkam Pakkam
4) Megam Pola
5) Kanavellam
6) Vaama Duraiyamma
7) Kaadhal Neruppin
8) A love Blossoms
9) Saudi Basha
10) Chaaral

The most original piece of GVP, very overwhelming and heartwarming :cry:

... But the question arises, will this consistency continue?

inetk
25th January 2011, 02:22 PM
http://600024.com/why-gv-prakash-copied-godfather-in-aadukalam/

Romba over...this article seems massively unfair to GVP talents. He could be anything - arrogant/attitude-throwing/unprofessional...whatever, but one cannot deny his tunes. He definitely has talent and has proven it in more than one soundtrack. Trying to link his alleged unprofessionalism with talent seems just wrong. And quoting anonymous sources to prove his lack of talent...even more so.

ajaybaskar
25th January 2011, 02:27 PM
The article is too harsh on GVP and looks like the writer has a hidden agenda.

littlemaster1982
25th January 2011, 02:29 PM
Their review of Aadukalam was crap too. There is another article that Aadukalam is unsold overseas. Guess they have something against Aadukalam team :?

Plum
26th January 2011, 04:53 PM
[tscii:fd0f3dc25a]Even Karthik Raja had such general talk about unprofessional attitude and lot of mud thrown at him. GVP has big projects enough to consider himeslf lucky compared to his talent. I cant believe he is getting so much attention.
I believe inetk has made singgering références to karthik raja's'atitude, no doubt he has first hand info there[/tscii:fd0f3dc25a]

Chelian
27th January 2011, 08:41 AM
From his public conduct and stage appearances its obvious success has gone to his head!

inetk
28th January 2011, 01:54 PM
Mahen and Nov, ungalukku oru twitter message, straight from GV Prakash :-)

"mahen & nov @ mayyam do contact my email id awakensoul105@hotmail.com need to talk to u :) !!!!"

http://twitter.com/#!/gvprakash/status/30903522488745984

satissh_r
28th January 2011, 01:54 PM
G V Prakash on Twitter:

mahen & nov @ mayyam do contact my email id awakensoul105@hotmail.com need to talk to u :) !!!!

ajaybaskar
28th January 2011, 03:16 PM
WOW!!!

NOV and Mahen, Ur hardwork has paid dividends. :-)

NOV
28th January 2011, 03:20 PM
enna vechu comedy keemedy pannalaiyE? :P

anyway, whatever I said was honest, not aimed at anything. :)

ajaybaskar
28th January 2011, 03:28 PM
I Know, bro. :-)

GVPya romba kettadhaa sollunga.. :wink:

SMI
28th January 2011, 04:28 PM
actually enakum as a person, GVP pidikathu

yeah, he has a personality problem. lots of immaturity.

Enna vanginaalum neengalE vechikOngapaa. Naa sila karuthu sollalaamnu paarthen. nalla vELa :escape: :yessir:

ajaybaskar
28th January 2011, 04:39 PM
Haiyaa.. Adhaan rendu peraiyum romba neramaa kanoama?

dinesh2002
28th January 2011, 07:49 PM
WOW!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

been hooked to my latest song in deivamagan " vizhigalil oru vaanavil " check it out soon ... !!!!!!!!!

he gets hooked to his own song.... :roll: vere enna sollanum'nge? haha

Sunil_M88
28th January 2011, 08:12 PM
WOW!!!

been hooked to my latest song in deivamagan " vizhigalil oru vaanavil " check it out soon ... !!!!!!!!!

The end product is not what counts. It is truly the creative process and the motivation must be his joy and passion that he feels when creating a song. So I guess thats how he is expressing his feeling.

Sunil_M88
28th January 2011, 08:16 PM
@ Nov and Mahen :clap: for reinforcing the extraordinary power of the internet.

Nerd
28th January 2011, 08:21 PM
Wow! Has he deleted that tweet now?

Congrats NOV/Mahen plis share what is this about and if possible ask him not to copy (note by note) songs and BGMs :-)

Mahen
28th January 2011, 09:49 PM
What happened here? :confused2: enna vechi kamedy panringala :roll:

satissh_r
28th January 2011, 10:26 PM
What happened here? :confused2: enna vechi kamedy panringala :roll:

Illa Mahen, I saw the tweet myself and then posted it

dinesh2002
29th January 2011, 12:51 AM
WOW!!!

The end product is not what counts. It is truly the creative process and the motivation must be his joy and passion that he feels when creating a song. So I guess thats how he is expressing his feeling.

aah, apadi irunthal nallathe. but im not surprised if GVP meant it in the way i interpreted it. :lol:

Sunil_M88
29th January 2011, 01:09 AM
aah, apadi irunthal nallathe. but im not surprised if GVP meant it in the way i interpreted it. :lol:

Puriyillai... Mate my tamil is v. limited. Stop slating the poor fellow and get in his good books, who knows he might recommend you to others as a lyricist since he reads the hub :huh:

Mahen
29th January 2011, 07:45 AM
GVP sent me a long mail :) i cant share the content here..will only quote this

but nice that ure following my music and i am proud to have music fans like u and NOV ..... :lol2:

Now i like him more after reading the email..After ARR, now GVP is nexxttu in my list :D

Dinesh-Even Yuvan praise his own songs on tweets.. :roll:

Mahen
29th January 2011, 07:50 AM
WOW!!!

Exactly bro..

Nerd
29th January 2011, 08:54 AM
GVP sent me a long mail :) i cant share the content here..
:twisted: :hammer:

Engala ellaam thittirukkaaraa-nu mattum solllunga.

viraajan
29th January 2011, 10:06 AM
Yes Mahen. He does. But frankly, Yuvan konjam overAvE excite aavaru :oops: His tweets about Iragai Pole 'tripping on this song for many days' and evandi unna song - 'sure to be chart buster' and his recent tweet about AK music etc.

But his songs live upto the hype created by him :yes: :exactly: Be it the iragai pole song or the reach of Evandi unna pethan song... He was 200% right :exactly:

ennaikku avar kanippu thappA poga pogudhO :oops: ennaikku naanga adi vAnga poromo :shaking:

BTW, glad that you have received a mail from GVP. :thumbsup:

Scale
29th January 2011, 10:20 AM
Congrats Mahen & NOV. Nov, did you contact him?

Mahen, any extra cutting fossible <as a fan>

Mahen
29th January 2011, 10:23 AM
VR, actually its no harm for the MDs to praise their own songs..Its their 'baby' ,they have all the right to do so..That was my point to Dinesh :) Neenga thappa purinjikitinge-nu nenaikiren :D

Nerd, unga veetu address kettaru :lol2:

Mahen
29th January 2011, 10:26 AM
Congrats Mahen & NOV. Nov, did you contact him?

Mahen, any extra cutting fossible <as a fan>

Yes he did..But he hasnt checked his email as he's in Singapore :)

Scale, will pm u shortly :)

Scale
29th January 2011, 10:49 AM
:ty: Mahen.

Plum
29th January 2011, 11:37 AM
Ego Googling=nu oNNu irukku adhai paNNinAru pOla. idhai avarum padipPArE - namakkum auto varumO? nalla vELai hub-la yArukkum en address theriyAdhu :redjump:

ajaybaskar
29th January 2011, 11:54 AM
GVP sent me a long mail :) i cant share the content here..
:twisted: :hammer:

Engala ellaam thittirukkaaraa-nu mattum solllunga.

:D Che.. che.. Apdiyellam pannirukka maattar.

Kaari thuppirupparu.. :lol2:

ajaybaskar
29th January 2011, 11:56 AM
Enna onnu.. GVP indha thread'ai arambicha andha punniyavadhikkum oru tweet potturukkalaam. :yessir:

SMI
29th January 2011, 12:33 PM
Ego Googling=nu oNNu irukku adhai paNNinAru pOla. idhai avarum padipPArE - namakkum auto varumO? nalla vELai hub-la yArukkum en address theriyAdhu :redjump:
Adhaan IP address register aagi irukkume :poke:

Plum
29th January 2011, 04:36 PM
Allov smi
Smi=plum=puLi apdinnu oru vadandhi vEgamA paravikittirukku. Edhukkum ninga jAkradhaiyA irundhukkunga.
GVP, SMI dhan thambi nijamAna plum. Avar address kUda hubla orutharukku theriyum. Unga sanmaanam ellaam avaruke anuppi vainga :)

Roshan
29th January 2011, 05:37 PM
Mahen, did GVP say anything about AR ? Does he know that you are an AR fan ?

Appadiyae seekiram Tamanna kitta irunthum twit message varanumnu vaazhthuRaen :P

SMI
29th January 2011, 06:26 PM
Allov smi
Smi=plum=puLi apdinnu oru vadandhi vEgamA paravikittirukku. Edhukkum ninga jAkradhaiyA irundhukkunga.
GVP, SMI dhan thambi nijamAna plum. Avar address kUda hubla orutharukku theriyum. Unga sanmaanam ellaam avaruke anuppi vainga :)

Ada aamang. EdhO saNda pidichadha mansula vechi guesta matti vittar, innum enna paNNuvarO

Aanalum enakku sila autokkaL uRudhi. TN adminkku close-a ulla VM, Hub adminkku close-a ulla NOV, ivangaLa ellam wrong sidela cross paNNitten. But GVP - I am his fan since chikubuku railu (adangappa, idhu olaga nadippuda saamee)

For some reason the below scene keeps running in my mind:
Senthil comes out after getting the gift: AnnE ... AnnE ...
GM pushes aside and goes in. After getting the gift comes back and meets S: appa irundhu nonnE nonnE nguRe.. adhukku mEla Enda pEsa mattEnguRa

dinesh2002
29th January 2011, 07:32 PM
Guys guys.... relax, just coz im stating out my views, it isnt going to change GVP. Relax, ur GVP will be GVP. haha.

Its just that im too used to A.R.Rahman's great and humble personality, i find it really odd as far as that GVP has said. Never did once A.R.Rahman said " Im hooked to my song! " or " This song is going to be THE top song"

Its good he reads the hub. But just coz of this, i cant praise him to get a good name for him. I shall proceed with my thoughts. i know, my comments do generate the wrong views, i even personally got an email from a music composer a few years back in regards of my website back then.

I shall be the harsh critic for them. Let there be someone who gives a different view so they shall work on to prove us wrong.

Congrats to the hubbers who got noticed by GVP. Great going.!

Mahen
29th January 2011, 07:33 PM
Mahen, did GVP say anything about AR ? Does he know that you are an AR fan ?

Appadiyae seekiram Tamanna kitta irunthum twit message varanumnu vaazhthuRaen :P

Nothing abt ARR :) He was just responding to all the allegations made against him :)

Tammu is not on any social networking sites :(

Mahen
29th January 2011, 07:37 PM
Guys guys.... relax, just coz im stating out my views, it isnt going to change GVP. Relax, ur GVP will be GVP. haha.

Its just that im too used to A.R.Rahman's great and humble personality, i find it really odd as far as that GVP has said. Never did once A.R.Rahman said " Im hooked to my song! " or " This song is going to be THE top song"

Its good he reads the hub. But just coz of this, i cant praise him to get a good name for him. I shall proceed with my thoughts. i know, my comments do generate the wrong views, i even personally got an email from a music composer a few years back in regards of my website back then.

I shall be the harsh critic for them. Let there be someone who gives a different view so they shall work on to prove us wrong.

Ippo yaaru tension ana? :confused2:

dinesh2002
29th January 2011, 08:38 PM

Namma Sunnil....

vijayr
31st January 2011, 03:43 PM
http://600024.com/why-gv-prakash-copied-godfather-in-aadukalam/

Romba over...this article seems massively unfair to GVP talents. He could be anything - arrogant/attitude-throwing/unprofessional...whatever, but one cannot deny his tunes. He definitely has talent and has proven it in more than one soundtrack. Trying to link his alleged unprofessionalism with talent seems just wrong. And quoting anonymous sources to prove his lack of talent...even more so.

Some of that article could be true. GVP himself was on TV sometime back talking about Ennio Morricone's scores as some sort of a reference for Irumbukottai murattusingam. His attitude or whatever is a separate issue altogether. But Iam skeptical of his talent at this point. He has been hit or miss, with more misses than hits. Maybe as he grows, he will mature into a better composer.

ajaybaskar
31st January 2011, 03:48 PM

Namma Sunnil....

Bro,

Do a spell check before posting. :evil:

app_engine
31st January 2011, 06:58 PM
GVP himself was on TV sometime back talking about Ennio Morricone's scores as some sort of a reference for Irumbukottai murattusingam.

LM said IKMS's BGM was composed by Sabesh-Murali. :?

IKMS has pirates of the caribbean disney theme simply "played back" in two places.

Plum
31st January 2011, 07:11 PM

Namma Sunnil....

Bro,

littlemaster1982
31st January 2011, 07:13 PM
[tscii:b66b55e297]

GVP himself was on TV sometime back talking about Ennio Morricone's scores as some sort of a reference for Irumbukottai murattusingam.

LM said IKMS's BGM was composed by Sabesh-Murali. :?

IKMS has pirates of the caribbean disney theme simply "played back" in two places.

Songs are by G V Prakash Kumar whereas the background score is by Sabesh-Murali who has copied all popular tunes right from Few Dollars More to Pirates of the Caribbean.

http://www.silentcritics.com/irumbu-kottai-murattu-singam-movie-review/

but the background score by Sabesh-Murali is amazing. Azhappan’s camerawork is admirable.

http://chennaionline.com/movies/movie-reviews/Movie-Review-Irumbukkottai-Murattu-Singam/20102810032821.col[/tscii:b66b55e297]

ajithfederer
1st February 2011, 02:57 AM
இந்த குற்றசாட்டிற்கு தாங்கள் என்ன பதில் கூற போகிறிர்கள் ப்ளும் ?

:P

Allov smi

dinesh2002
1st February 2011, 05:01 PM
Bro,

oopsss.... im so sorry for that... didnt realize that i added an extra N and it sounded awfully vulgar... so sorry SUNIL.....

Sunil_M88
1st February 2011, 05:53 PM
Please, don't say sorry. I don't comprehend Tamil, so whatever you said just flew over my head.

Plum
1st February 2011, 06:07 PM
AF, adhai sonnavanga enakku munnAdi vandhu sollattum badhil solREn

NOV
1st February 2011, 08:51 PM
Wow! Has he deleted that tweet now?

Congrats NOV/Mahen plis share what is this about :-)Yes, he deleted the tweet and apologised for deleting it (since it has his private mail id in it)

Gist of his mail:

1. He got to know mayyam thru a close friend.

2. He is proud to have fans like Mahen and I. :D

3. Respects criticism by Hubbers, as its their perspective.

4. Will try to avoid inspirations in future.

5. Likes to be himself and not portray himself as a goody-goody person.

6. Agrees that speaking his mind may not be a good thing.

7. Feels responsible to answer fans' queries.

8. Requests all not to judge him from media reports.

9. Confirmed his debut in Hindi films. :clap:

Nerd
1st February 2011, 08:58 PM
Thanks for sharing NOV. Good luck to GVP for his future projects :thumbsup:

Sourav
1st February 2011, 09:06 PM
:2thumbsup: GVP!

Siv.S
1st February 2011, 10:45 PM
Thanks NOV for sharing... :D

ajaybaskar
1st February 2011, 10:51 PM
GVP nallavaru vallavaru, naalum therinjavaru, naagareegam arinjavaru. :-)

NOV,

Did u find who hacked my mayyam id for the last one month?

NOV
2nd February 2011, 07:51 AM
Did u find who hacked my mayyam id for the last one month?
I think its time to delete you, and let your son post. :D

NOV
2nd February 2011, 07:56 AM
Vijay, the prominent Tamil film director, has provided three victorious films in the recent past such as Kireedom, Poi Solla Porom as well as Madrassapattinam. He is now functioning on an undertaking with Vikram and Anushka, which has ignited the enthusiasm and curiosity of the Tamil film fraternity.

As regards the film’s title, ‘Deiva Magan’ is one of the many alternatives that he is mulling over. The film is under construction and, as per Vijay, the moment the film nears the finishing point, an appropriate name would be selected.?

The re-recording for the movie is also occurring concurrently, with Vijay declaring that filming is taking place in conjunction with the background score. Therefore, the actors can penetrate the disposition of their characters and emote with excellence.

Each of his three movies has been divergent from the others, which has led to him being categorized as a filmmaker with massive potential for celluloid triumph. Vijay has functioned in association with GV Prakash Kumar, Nassar, Cochin Hanifa, MS Bhaskar, etc. on no less than two occasions in his films.

Can we expect another great album, ala Madrasappattinam?

dinesh2002
3rd February 2011, 01:02 AM
Please, don't say sorry. I don't comprehend Tamil, so whatever you said just flew over my head.

nope Sunil, whether its my mistake intentionally or unintentionally, i will still apologize. :) Keep rocking in ARR's thread!

SoftSword
3rd February 2011, 01:30 AM
good to know that gvp is reading on the public views and it shows some hope that it ll make him better in the coming years :thumbsup:

Mahen
15th February 2011, 04:56 PM
http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/features/2011/02/05/7071/index.html

Rahman's protege and nephew Prakash to compose for Joker Click here to add this article to My Clips

By Joginder Tuteja, February 5, 2011 - 15:36 IST

A R Rahman A new music director is all set to step into Bollywood this year. G.V. Prakash would be composing music for Joker. The 23 year old young man has already started work on the music and would be responsible for the entire soundtrack. He has bagged this break courtesy Shirish Kunder, the director of the film, after having arranged the music for his last film Jaan-E-Mann which has music by Anu Malik.

"Prakash had shown great promise even then", gushes Kunder who has promised the then teenager Prakash that he would give him a huge break in his next outing, "His work had promised one and all and even then the kind of sound that he created found instant appreciation and recognition."

In fact such huge was the difference that Prakash's arrangements had made on the songs of Jaane-E-Mann (remember 'Humko Maaloom Hai' and 'Sau Dard'?) that there were speculations around him being an influencing factor on the soundtrack more than Malik himself.

"Let's talk about the future", immediately says Kunder, "What matters is that Prakash is now neck deep into composing for the entire album. What I like about him is the kind of innovative sound that he brings in."

One can expect that from Prakash, courtesy the kind of lineage he comes from. A.R. Rahman's nephew and protégé, Prakash started young in the world of music and other than arranging for number of films, he has also composed for a dozen odd films down South, including Rajnikanth's Kuselan. Now Joker would be his first ever Hindi film.

"Prakash has recorded two songs and is working on the rest currently", says Kunder who would be kick starting the shoot of Joker this month, "The kind of sensibility that he brings in his music is so different from that of some of our established music directors. Of course they all are doing good but just like Jaan-E-Mann, I wanted something unique and 'hatke' in Joker as well. I am sure Prakash would live up to my expectations."

Joker that stars Akshay Kumar, Sonakshi Sinha, Shreyas Talpade and Minissha Lamba is a co-production of Farah Khan & Shirish Kunder's 'Three's Company' and Akshay Kumar's 'Hari Om Entertainment Co.'

Mahen
15th February 2011, 04:58 PM
Joker aims for records with 10 languages used in one song Click here to add this article to My Clips

By Joginder Tuteja, February 14, 2011 - 10:57 IST

Shirish Kunder He may have called his film Joker but director Shirish Kunder is dead serious when it comes to his second film. For this Akshay Kumar and Sonakshi Sinha starrer that goes on floor this month, Shirish is now all set to film a song which is made of - hold your breath - 10 languages. A dance number, it is sung by Daler Mehendi and is a fusion track.

"That's right; we have already recorded the song and would be picturising it in the Chandigarh schedule which kick-starts on Valentines Day (14th February). The uniqueness about this song is that it has lyrics belonging to 10 languages - Hindi, English, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam", says Shirish who has earlier directed Akshay in his debut outing Jaan-E-Mann.

Now an effort like this could well take the song in the record books because as far as Bollywood outings are concerned, the record so far is held by Angrezi Mein Kehte Hai from Amitabh Bachchan starrer Khud-Daar (1982) which had lyrics in five languages - English, Hindi, Gujarati, Bengali and Punjabi. With the song from Joker bringing in ten languages, it is miles ahead of the competition.

"Well, we are not thinking of any records as of now. What we want is that we should have fun while getting the song on screen and audience should be enjoying it", says Shirish who is co-producing the film along with Akshay Kumar, "Farah would be choreographing the song."

To be shot outdoors, the song which has been composed by newcomer GV Prakash and written by Shirish himself has an Indian melody to it with a hip hop groove. It would be picturised on Akshay and Sonakshi and is already being touted as a major highlight in Joker.

A close associate of Shirish adds, "He has been known for his innovation when it comes to music. Remember 'Humko Maaloom Hai' (Jaan-E-Mann) which was so different musically as well as visually. Even recently his very own composition of Tees Maar Khan title song was getting quite popular before the entire team decided to pitch 'Sheila Ka Jawani' as the next big song. Now with Joker, expect him to go full throttle."

Well, we hope the results are as enticing as they sound Shirish!

Mahen
15th February 2011, 05:02 PM
Didnt know these songs were done by GV from the movie Jaane E Mann...very rahmanish
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb84TZ8dJUI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCVlyAyQIuU&feature=related

NOV
16th February 2011, 06:19 AM
congratulations to GV Prakash for winning best MD award for Madrassappattinam... :clap:

very appropriate win, and more will come :yes:

Mahen
16th February 2011, 06:46 PM
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-music-reviews/review-1/narthagi-music-review.html

ajaybaskar
16th February 2011, 06:50 PM
NOV,

What award?

NOV
16th February 2011, 06:59 PM
What award?Einstein Awards
Heard on the radio... best film Endhiran, best actor Simbu, best actress Trisha (both for VTV), etc

ajaybaskar
16th February 2011, 07:02 PM
Oh ok.. :-)

Whatever happened to the hub awards?

NOV
16th February 2011, 07:09 PM
Whatever happened to the hub awards?will be announcing soon. waiting for ppl to settle down in new hub

RR
16th February 2011, 08:29 PM
Einstein Awards
Heard on the radio... best film Endhiran, best actor Simbu, best actress Trisha (both for VTV), etc
NOV.. athu Edison awards :smile2: GV tweeted about it y'day. It was on our Hub forums sidebar 'celeb tweets' also..

NOV
16th February 2011, 08:37 PM
Oh... appadiyaa :oops: ok, got it. :D

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Rgkx98zNF2Y/TVoZ9HftCbI/AAAAAAAAHn8/p88DPDiVMbE/s1600/Kolly+Stars+at+Edison+Awards+2011+Photogallery_15. jpg

RR
16th February 2011, 08:45 PM
Incidentally, Saidhavi won the best female singer award :)

R.Latha
23rd February 2011, 01:42 PM
Music Reviews

NARTHAGI MUSIC REVIEW

Review by : R. Richard Mahesh

Music Director : G.V. Prakash.

Vocals : Naresh Iyer, Saindhavi, Tippu, Harini, Unni Krishnan, Sudha Raghunathan, Vijay Yesudas, Vijay Prakash and Prashanthini.
Lyrics : Na. Muthukumar.

G.V. Prakash-Na. Muthukumar combination has proved of its success relentlessly with previous albums. Sounds like ‘Narthaki’ is a musical-dance drama as the title ‘Narthaki’ (starring Aashish and Kalkai in lead roles) itself signifies and so are the songs. The album has some famous brands on tracks like Naresh Iyer, Tippu, Unni Krishnan, Sudha Raghunathan, Vijay Yesudas, Vijay Prakash and others.

Narthagi
The Destiny...
Vocals: Naresh Iyer, Saindhavi

Experience the carnatic feast by G.V. Prakash. The music director gears up for a radically distinctive work. The songs take off with Naresh Iyer’s chanting accompanied with a prelude on flute and sustained notes on Tambura. A minute later, it’s a complete show by Naresh Iyer, Saindhavi and chorus. The highlighting USPs of song is the instruments of flute and Mridhangam. ‘The Destiny’ is purely for the ardent admirers of Carnatic music.

Poovin Manam Poovil Illai...
Vocals: Tippu, Harini

A poetic beauty indeed!!! Na. Muthukumar’s finely exquisite lyrical lines are evident from the opening lines ‘Poovin Manam Poovil Illai’ itself. The real life couple Tippu and Harini has delivered the song at their best (call it best on-track chemistry). Especially Harini is mellifluous with her crystal-clear clarity. The song is loaded with lots of instrumentals in the accompaniment, but is played mildly, thereby gaining more grandness for the vocalisms. Much alike the previous number, G.V. Prakash makes best usage of flute and Mridhangam with slow-strings heard throughout the song. The vocal parts and rhythmic patterns heard in interludes are reminiscences of ‘Pookal Pookkum Tharunam’ (Madharasapattinam with the same combination of Harini and GVP). The song is a cherry-pick of this album.

Vaan Mazhaiyin Thuligal...
Vocals: Unni Krishnan, Sudha Raghunathan

The song sticks to the same musical genre as the other songs in the album with GVP making use of same instruments. But sudden introduction of Chenda Melam evokes our interest. The vocalisms by Unni Krishnan and Sudha Raghunathan are good at places. But the loud rhythmic sessions trivialize their finest renditions. The highlighting traits of the song are the mild notes of vibes played along with the vocals that embellishes the song.

Jai Jai Madha Sonthasi Madha...
Vocals: Vijay Yesudas

Sounds like a situational track focalizing on father’s farewell to daughter for her journey of revival. Vijay Yesudas croons commendably, but the music is a little loud, perhaps demanded by the situation. The song lacks the basic feel of emotions that are very well delineated through Na. Muthukumar’s lyrics. Maybe with visuals, we can expect some better results. The song’s reprise version is heard during the end of album with the different title ‘Pooyevaa Magale Pooyevaa’

Chinnanchiru Idhayathil...
Vocals: Vijay Prakash, Prashanthini

G.V. Prakash utilizes newfangled rhythmic pattern completely dissimilar from rest of the songs. The mellisonant duet has Vijay Prakash rendering with a different style. The young and vibrant playback singer is far-famed for his high-voltage numbers like ‘Veera’ (Raavanan), ‘Hosanna’ (Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya). He has attempted something new like crooning with his bass voice, but gradually touches higher octaves at places. The rhythmic aspects and mild instrumentals enhance the intensity of romantic feel delivered through the singers. The song sets into our senses like slow poison and it’s gonna be a special melodic delight for the listeners.

Verdict:

Having churned out back-to-back chartbusters with ‘Aayirathil Oruvan’, ‘Madharasapattinam’ and ‘Aadukalam’, G.V. Prakash has boldly taken up an experimental project. Hats off to GVP for his endeavouring attempt on trying new genre of Carnatic, which is precisely rare of its kind in Tamil film industry. With ‘Poovin Manam’, ‘Vaan Mazhaiyin Thuligal’ and ‘Chinnanchiru Idhayathil’ being highly noticeable numbers, the album can expect some good responses.

dell_gt
26th February 2011, 12:16 PM
Adukalam songs, one fav album for now... enjoy all the songs...

NOV
7th March 2011, 07:01 AM
gvprakash: MSV is the best ever Indian composer no one can touch his grt wrk standing for centuries .. Hats of dear sir. We love ur grt lifeful tunes
You are da man! :thumbsup:

Scale
21st March 2011, 01:32 AM
poovin manam poovil illai - Song of the Season! GVP again :clap:

Sunil_M88
21st March 2011, 02:23 AM
poovin manam poovil illai - Song of the Season! GVP again :clap:

Yes, very true. I personally feel it's the best song of GVPs career but as the movie is a B-grade flick, I doubt the song will pick up.

It's been a month since the album released but I feel as I've been hearing these songs since I was small. Very well put album by GVP, a legend in the making.

Scale
21st March 2011, 10:14 AM
Sunil,

Please pass the crown :) I dare say this kid is showing tremendous progress what some of the others didn't care or failed to make an impact. I am glad that he is setting his roots right and its always the melody, classical touch & orchestration synch is what differentiates the composer however good are you in latest trend and technology.

This is one of the most fascinating, gorgeous score in recent times post Ilaingan. From the haunting prelude to its overall effect, harini & tippu's rendition (awesome pair), ludes are brilliant. It so relaxing and sure have a very long play life.

Scale
21st March 2011, 10:32 AM
With Saindhavi by his side he has lot more to offer... Good.

Mahen
21st March 2011, 06:34 PM
Sunil,

Please pass the crown :) I dare say this kid is showing tremendous progress what some of the others didn't care or failed to make an impact. I am glad that he is setting his roots right and its always the melody, classical touch & orchestration synch is what differentiates the composer however good are you in latest trend and technology.

This is one of the most fascinating, gorgeous score in recent times post Ilaingan. From the haunting prelude to its overall effect, harini & tippu's rendition (awesome pair), ludes are brilliant. It so relaxing and sure have a very long play life.

correcta sonninga..He's more versatile than his competitors..When is HArris gona attempt something like this?

Scale
22nd March 2011, 09:54 AM
Venkiram,

Thats exactly the difference. GVP didn't tweak the song to grab instant attention instead its a very nice slow paced song with a striking glow of erotic love & pain of separation. If you can give a close look with headphones this is indeed sheer beauty & highly mesmerising. Harini as usual gives a splendid expression and Tippu's diction though not clear at places but he was also good. Like I said the real beauty is how the song progresses from the haunting prelude to its overall effect, soothing melody, Tippu's striking entry and another spectacular feature is the interwoven classical ludes Ist with the Flute & Tabla & the second one is more innovative with Flute & Tippu's alaap playing similar notes.

Honestly, I haven't heard anything as good as this from either YSR or HJ though they have attempted in their own style but nothing of this magnitude of classical/carnatic touch.

Kudos GVP!

Scale
22nd March 2011, 09:57 AM
Infact, pookul pookum tharanum didnt impress me much I felt thats a fake attempt by roping RKT but this one is way ahead & a gorgeous piece of a composotion.