PDA

View Full Version : Songs that we didnt like, then...

rajasaranam
9th November 2009, 08:40 PM
There were many songs like this for me from the 80's and 90's only in 2000's I started accepting all songs. For example I never used to like 'Sonnapadi Kelu' from Singaravelan when it was released and used to skip the song whenever I played the tape. But now I find this song a great experimental song for a fun situation with brilliant orchestration. There may be other songs too like this from many of his albums. Please share the initial disliking and what made you like it later.

One other song which comes to my mind instantly is 'Edakku mudakkana sarakku' from 'Kalaignan' later when I came to understand the Rock elements in this songs I was amazed at my own ignorance.

Bala (Karthik)
9th November 2009, 08:44 PM
From the top of my head:

"Saalai Oram"
Singara Velan - Almost all songs
"Then Mozhi" - Solla thudikkidhu Manasu

jaiganes
9th November 2009, 10:22 PM
ajantha - yenge irundhaai isaye
sethu - vaarthai thavari vittaai

Sureshs65
9th November 2009, 11:12 PM
Hmmm. Quite a few actually. Top of my head:

- Thanga Thingal - Manasinnakare
- Kalyana Pallakil - Kaliyoonjal
- Giliya Mariondu - Prem Kahani
- My name is Raju - Jagadeka Veerudu Athiloka Sundari
- Jakkamma - Solla Marandha Kadhai

jaiganes
10th November 2009, 12:14 AM
hero hero hero - Ajeya
hated the first few listens - now a complete slave to the last interlude - it is unstoppably dance worthy - be it in a sane or drunken mood.

Sureshs65
10th November 2009, 09:45 AM
Jai,

With you on 'hero hero' Same feelings. In a tape that I have of Raja Kannada hits there is a Janaki song. Forgot the pallavi. It goes with Janaki with her own accent saying, "I know your taste friends." Didn't like this song at all. But after a few listens, I am hooked. Same with a few songs of Barjari Bete.

jaiganes
10th November 2009, 10:54 AM
Jai,

With you on 'hero hero' Same feelings. In a tape that I have of Raja Kannada hits there is a Janaki song. Forgot the pallavi. It goes with Janaki with her own accent saying, "I know your taste friends." Didn't like this song at all. But after a few listens, I am hooked. Same with a few songs of Barjari Bete.

nanna jothege neenirali

what an awesome number - one of the very first rock numbers for kannada - simply awesome in the way it turns from a light classical
Nageyu baruthidhe to listen folks in the pallavi to a 'light kuththu' in the charanam when she sings 'olavirali

Sureshs65
10th November 2009, 12:00 PM
Yup. That is the song I was referring to. My wife used to hate the starting and I always forwarded this song. One day I heard it when I was driving alone and fell in love with the song. Nowadays no fwd even if better half is present :D