PDA

View Full Version : Business Council of Cricket in India (BCCI)

Pages : 1 [2]

MADDY
31st May 2012, 12:56 PM
How can Dhoni succeed as a leader if team's main opening batsmen are not in good terms with him ? Yeah let's see how far Mr. Gambhir and co (Delhi kaaranga thaan) can take the Indian team. I don't see any good signs for Indian team in near future :(. It seems Ganguly's only objective in his life is to degrade Dhoni as much as he can :sigh2:

Better MSD can start working full time for CSK :yes:.

Ganguly is known for holding grudge and he has not gotten over his axing from the squad by Dhoni.....

and yes i dont think Gambhir can make a good captain either.....he has too many personal grudge to think objectively......Sehwag is the bow, Gambhir is the arrow

19thmay
31st May 2012, 02:27 PM
Post retirement if Sourav can spit like this always, imagine his attitude when he was the captain.
Sehwag-a promote panninadhellam naanga avvlo seekiram marandhiduvoma? :banghead:
Its only passion, consistency and dedication helped Sachin, Dravid to survive in that hurricane.

wizzy
31st May 2012, 03:47 PM
I don't think India were gifted like PAk/OZ to have a wkt keeper/test class batsman so Dhoni's batting was just a added bonus but he long survived in tests by playing majorly @ home and his wkt keeping skills were severely put to test in Eng/OZ not only did he came out cropper but had no clue on where to mark his position hence the slips who take the cue from him were taking catches @ half-volley :banghead: about time BCCI start looking at Saha who seem to be more of a natural wkt keeper.

ATG test form in last 2 years is worse only to Sehwag so you wouldn't want your captain to be plagued with self-doubts and Sehwag has amply proved his ineptitude at every given opportunity so my choice would be to appoint a interim captain for a year or so until Kohls/Ashwin pickup their game to take up the baton..can't think of any one other than VVS who fit the bill for interim captain...he deserves the honour of captaing the national side for all the services rendered :thumbsup:

SoftSword
31st May 2012, 03:54 PM
ashwin'aa??

wizzy
31st May 2012, 04:02 PM
Venkatraghavan ver 2.0.wouldn't be surprised if he goes on become a elite umpire after his retirement ;-)

Plum
31st May 2012, 09:22 PM
I like the Laxman idea but I think he'll be hounded into retirement in a series or two. Ashwin, yeah, cerebral cricketer and all. But to captain this team, brain irundhA paththAdhu, balle balle AdaNum, indhila pEsaNum. Northies will never accept a southie as captain. If Ashwin becomes captiain, it will be during worst times for Indian cricket when its popularity in North India has gone down, and it doesnt have a big market there.

In this context, CSK becoming all powerful and the defining market of India will help him. Let's see if Dada wins or Seenu mama in board politics...

selvakumar
31st May 2012, 09:25 PM
Sourav and Dhoni are not that different when it comes to management and captaincy. You are like a project manager. Just like every PM, they will try to bring in "some new rookie or fresher" to replace a competent/problematic senior who may not listen to their words. Just like how a new male lion will evict an existing pride male lion, you have to accept that and move on.

I am sure all Sourav and Dhoni fans would agree with me on this. The problem with Sourav is that he is so out-spoken. நாசூக்கா பண்ணனும்.. தோனி மாதிரி..

Saai
31st May 2012, 09:32 PM
Sourav and Dhoni are not that different when it comes to management and captaincy. You are like a project manager. Just like every PM, they will try to bring in "some new rookie or fresher" to replace a competent/problematic senior who may not listen to their words. Just like how a new male lion will evict an existing pride male lion, you have to accept that and move on.

I am sure all Sourav and Dhoni fans would agree with me on this. The problem with Sourav is that he is so out-spoken. நாசூக்கா பண்ணனும்.. தோனி மாதிரி..

I dont think Dhoni evicted any senior. Rahul, Anil retired from cricket out of their own interest. Lax continues. Sachin ..yarum touch panna mudiyadhu..Ganguly was shown the door because he not worthy enough to be the team. Simple.

Even from a spectator view, Dhoni is strikingly different from Ganguly.

Plum
31st May 2012, 09:41 PM
However, Dhoni is not Jesus Christ above all poltiics and personal viruppu veRuppu. Irfan, Amit Mishra et al have got the raw end of the stick from him while unworthy RP Singh, Harby et al have benefitted from his patronage, not to mention Ramta Jogi. Which is quite par for the course. Kapil had his Chetan and Jadeja, not to mention Wassan etc. Cheeka has his Vijay and DK. Azhar got Noel David into the team, as a replacement for Srinath! GRV got 6 Karnatakans iincluding V Bharadwaj.nto the team once as Chairman of Selector.

In general, Saurav stayed away from regional bias but had a bias against M Kartik for personal reasons and did play a bit with Rahul. Sunny bhai "covered" Dada to get Rohan into the team. idhellAm jagajam. Actually, putting a halo around any one captain is the nagaippiRkuRiya vishayam.

wizzy
31st May 2012, 09:54 PM
^ Gangs was never a team man..he always wielded his powers to push the players around who he perceived as threat..first it was Sehwag who was pushed to open to save his back in the middle order which worked like charm in hindsight and even had Yuvi of all people to open :banghead: he was/is a leech..the quicker we got rid of him the better was for Indian cricket. Dhoni for all his brickbats w.r.t wkt keeping/batting in tests never shied away from facing the heat(didn't miss a test @ home alluding to green track) nor did he nudge players to safeguard his interests.

P.S Gangs being touted as successful test captain is a myth..Wall was much more astute and produced results in overseas where we never tasted success.First round exit in 2007 worldcup pulled a grey mark on his otherwise fruitful tenure as captain and doesn't even get a semblance of credit for all the results he got in tests :neutral:

Plum, Fletcher has earmarked Ash for test captaincy hope he isn't jinxed as D(k)

VinodKumar's
31st May 2012, 10:01 PM
Sehwag is the bow, Gambhir is the arrow

I too think so. Enna prachana Shewag-ku ?? As Wizzy said both are in their worst form in test cricket and aiming for leadership :lol:.

selvakumar
31st May 2012, 10:05 PM
I dont think Dhoni evicted any senior. Rahul, Anil retired from cricket out of their own interest. Lax continues. Sachin ..yarum touch panna mudiyadhu..Ganguly was shown the door because he not worthy enough to be the team. Simple.

Even from a spectator view, Dhoni is strikingly different from Ganguly.

That is why I said "naasooka pannanum". Ganguly failed miserably in that.
Dravid was "also" shown the door after that. Lax is treated in an unfair way even now (both in media and in selection).

VinodKumar's
31st May 2012, 10:07 PM
Lax is treated in an unfair way even now (both in media and in selection).

:huh:. Laxman ah T20 ku select panna solluringala ???

selvakumar
31st May 2012, 10:15 PM
:huh:. Laxman ah T20 ku select panna solluringala ???
Dravid ayae ODI/T20 kku select pannum pothu :huh:

Arvind Srinivasan
31st May 2012, 10:35 PM
Heard a comment in FB which goes like- " Saurav Ganguly was the best Indian captain and MSD is the captain of the best Indian team"...It was like completely belittling the efforts of Dhoni, the captain and overplaying the efforts of Saurav....Saurav was lucky to have Dravid, Laxman, Kumble and Tendulkar himself...Dhoni according to me is as good as Saurav and his results speak barring the disastrous 8-0...He does take decisions that defy cricketing logic, but that's the case with Saurav as well....Take the Leeds test match ( which was a huge gamble but proved correct) and the 2003 WC final as examples....

VinodKumar's
1st June 2012, 12:05 AM
Dravid ayae ODI/T20 kku select pannum pothu :huh:

:lol:

wizzy
1st June 2012, 11:37 PM
split wide open :clap: exciting times ahead :)

Asked if he was ready to lead theTest side, Gambhir said, "Absolutely, it is the biggest honour. I am ready for it. Ready for the responsibility of the challenge because you want to take different challenges as well. That's where your mental toughness and character will be tested."

"I have heard of the talks (of he being made India captain) but as I have said a captain is as good as the team. It's a successful team that makes a successful captain and not that a successful captain makes a successful team," he said.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/top-stories/Im-ready-to-captain-India-Test-team-Gambhir/articleshow/13708357.cms

Arvind Srinivasan
1st June 2012, 11:44 PM
Aaaoona intha 'captain is as good as a team ' comment onnu solidivendiyathu.....GG atha avar puchlineaavae aakitaar....

VinodKumar's
2nd June 2012, 01:57 AM
Bakistan team maari aakitaanunga :twisted:. Sreenivasan yetavathu seyya. Engaland kooda home series la light ah kovanam avunthalum yelli nagaiyadiruvaanga :twisted:

Plum
3rd June 2012, 10:14 PM
LightA enna fulLAvE England will undress Indian Cricket team in this year's test series. romba dhooram pOga vENdAm. namma mAnbumigu maaderatorE nallA eLLi nagaiyAduvAr. oNyum paNNa mudiyAdhu - nEram sariyillai.

wizzy
4th June 2012, 02:29 PM
Nohit turns into beast mode against Windies while Mukundan blews his opportunity..gets cleaned up so often for a opener :neutral:http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/current/match/562896.html

MADDY
4th June 2012, 04:26 PM
I too think so. Enna prachana Shewag-ku ??

kazhudha meikkura payyanukku(Dhoni) ivalavu vetriya-nnu poramai.........delhiites never live, dont let others live.....

btw, gambhir going on abt "only successful team makes a successful captain" in every interview will make sehwag feel better - solli kudutha madhiriye pesuraan, thambi.........

MADDY
4th June 2012, 04:33 PM

i would disagree.....there are lot of differences betwen them like Dhoni lets his bowlers set field etc.....also, Dhoni used to bowl to D.Karthik on nets and give him batting practice - i cant imagine Ganguly doing that to his nearest competitor in team.........Dhoni is very calm, composed and has better control over himself.......he has no insecurities that Ganguly had......

asked who would be his choice for successor - "my choice of next captain would be myself" :lol: this guy is a different monster altogether........

Plum
4th June 2012, 08:16 PM
Hakkang - Dinesh Karthikai ellAm pArtyhthu ParthibanukkE insekkority varAdhu, Dhonikku insekkority varumA? Souravarukku DK rangela competitor irundhirundhA avar kooda dhaan help paNNi iruppAr :)

wizzy
5th June 2012, 07:14 PM
B.Kumar has scalped 5 in the match :clap: Kumars trinity playing for India is fast becoming a reality :lol2:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2hdv9uf.jpg

VinodKumar's
5th June 2012, 10:08 PM
LightA enna fulLAvE England will undress Indian Cricket team in this year's test series. romba dhooram pOga vENdAm. namma mAnbumigu maaderatorE nallA eLLi nagaiyAduvAr. oNyum paNNa mudiyAdhu - nEram sariyillai.

PR kitta oru 4 varusham avagasam vaangi vainga ... anga poi jevichitu pesuna thaan mariyaathai :smokesmirk:

VinodKumar's
5th June 2012, 10:10 PM
kazhudha meikkura payyanukku(Dhoni) ivalavu vetriya-nnu poramai.........delhiites never live, dont let others live.....

btw, gambhir going on abt "only successful team makes a successful captain" in every interview will make sehwag feel better - solli kudutha madhiriye pesuraan, thambi.........

Ithula resume la IPL success vera add pannikuvaanga ... Certified by Sourav Ganguly nu vera logo potukuvaanga ... Dhoni yetho army la vela seiyanumnu aasa paduraapla pesama atha poi paakalam. Yethiri naadukalugu naalu helicopter ah vuttu aatam kaamikalam. Verushathuku oru time vanthu IPL mattum veladitu pogalam.

wizzy
6th June 2012, 02:54 AM
Che :clap: our only hope..<Gavaskar Mode> missed out on a 100 :-( </mode>

MADDY
6th June 2012, 10:47 AM
Ithula resume la IPL success vera add pannikuvaanga ... Certified by Sourav Ganguly nu vera logo potukuvaanga ... Dhoni yetho army la vela seiyanumnu aasa paduraapla pesama atha poi paakalam. Yethiri naadukalugu naalu helicopter ah vuttu aatam kaamikalam. Verushathuku oru time vanthu IPL mattum veladitu pogalam.

hmmm, Dhoni is super human - agreed, but whether he can reverse these delhi gumbal's effects is left to be seen

raghavendran
8th June 2012, 10:20 AM
how can a IPL win give a option for test captaincy?atleast India ODI teama captain panna venama?....

btw ennadhan Dhoni enakku pudichalum...i have seriously not recovered from the 8-0 humiliation and the manner in which it happened...and doubt Dhoni's abilities as a test player(still want him to continue as captain though)

wizzy
8th June 2012, 02:25 PM
Wall gets cleaned up again in his last divisional game for IC @ Chepauk..Sunil Sam the beneficiary this time :-)

Arvind Srinivasan
8th June 2012, 09:40 PM
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/top-stories/Playing-Pakistan-no-different-from-playing-Australia-or-Bangladesh-Gambhir/articleshow/13929736.cms

This guy just cannot be politically correct, can he?

For me, Pakistan is no different from Bangladesh, Australia or New Zealand. The main thing is that you are playing for your country and that in itself is a big motivation," said the straight-talking left-hander, who has had on-field run-ins with Pakistani cricketers, including the feisty Shahid Afridi.

Talking about his own team and the transition phase it is enduring after the retirement of veterans such as Rahul Dravid, Gambhir rejected suggestions that youngsters are under pressure trying to fill in the big voids.

"There are no seniors or juniors in the Indian team. Everyone is equal in a team. If you are playing for India, you have to take the responsibility.

sathya_1979
8th June 2012, 11:34 PM
:sigh2: ivanellaam captainaa........... Some time back, I guess Plum, rightly pointed about captains of India analogous to aussies - Gangs - Border: Streetfighters and built a team from the dumps, Taylor - Dravid: Gentlemen and carried the good work, knew when to quit captaincy, Steve Waah - Dhoni: Mentally Strong took the team to No. 1, Ranting - Kohli / Gambhir: Enough Said

Arvind Srinivasan
8th June 2012, 11:59 PM
Just don't know as to what Gambhir thinks of himself....It will interesting to see as to how he performs in foreign tours..

sathya_1979
9th June 2012, 12:21 AM
dnt worry, he will ge injured :wink:

VinodKumar's
9th June 2012, 12:40 AM
dnt worry, he will ge injured :wink:

He and his guru seems to be very determined to dethrone MSD. Tough times ahead for Dhoni. Plan panni home series thokadikaama irunthaaingana seri.

Arvind Srinivasan
9th June 2012, 12:59 AM
Avar guru aavathu ' my team was unfortunate to qualify for semi finals' nnu vegulithannamma sollittu poiduvaaru. But Gambhir seems to have a more personal agenda...His way of answering seemingly innocuous questions is what bothers me...Entha moolaikku pakistanum New Zealandum onnu....Etho summa pesanumnnu ithellaam pesikitrukaru...Next Gen of Indian cricket- kohlis, gambhirs, Munaf Patels...:shaking:

sathya_1979
9th June 2012, 01:27 AM
He and his guru seems to be very determined to dethrone MSD. Tough times ahead for Dhoni. Plan panni home series thokadikaama irunthaaingana seri.
More than batsmen, it's the bowlers who should be good - Dustbowls senjaalum kashtam - Swann :shaking: Zaheer with full fitness and 2 above average spinners (enga irukkaanganu thereelayE :roll: ) should be fine. paakkalaam......

littlemaster1982
9th June 2012, 01:14 PM
Thalaivar retire aanappuram Cricket-kku oru periya kumbidu pottuttu poyitte irukka vendiyadhudhaan.

wizzy
9th June 2012, 01:45 PM
^Rajya Sabha TV :huh:

littlemaster1982
9th June 2012, 01:55 PM
:twisted:

Siv.S
9th June 2012, 02:12 PM

wizzy
9th June 2012, 02:27 PM
LM, Chill Madi.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/c44.0.403.403/p403x403/535815_434829826557840_1085806232_n.jpg

Arvind Srinivasan
9th June 2012, 02:58 PM
:rotfl:

sathya_1979
9th June 2012, 09:20 PM
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/mp-sachin-sets-an-example-says-no-to-govt-bungalow/265134-37-64.html

wizzy
11th June 2012, 11:05 AM
Monga ups the ante and pays lip-service to his bosses..basically whatever is wrong in cricket got everything to do with IPL..concur with the misplaced priorities in postponing the surgery by the likes of Sehwag/Gambhir or Sach taking a break from Windies tour but to blame everything from schedules to Dhoni's incompetency in captaincy to our spin/fast bowling woes on IPL is taking a easy route.

sample this

Perhaps the signs were all there in Dominica, when India refused to go for the kill after being 86 adrift with seven wickets in hand. Yes, the pitch was slow and the outfield slower. India did make one attempt by promoting Suresh Raina, but Duncan Fletcher's counterattacking defence of the move suggested the side had had more than enough, even though there was no way they were going to lose seven wickets in 15 overs.

A year later, a fresh Australian side, with near-identical shortcomings in their batting, pulled off a near-identical chase in near-identical conditions. They did so because they didn't give up. India could have changed the batting order, sent Harbhajan Singh ahead, or the best chaser in ODI cricket, the captain himself, and kept VVS Laxman back in case things went wrong, but tired sides don't want that extra adventure - or work if you will.

Did Dhoni's near-reflexive use of defensive fields after gaining the upper hand twice at the MCG late last year have nothing to do with too much cricket - of the defensive T20 variety? Did that not play a significant role in 0-8?

Schedule

Australia and South Africa are playing two-Test series. South Africa have followed New Zealand in giving up the Boxing Day Test. West Indies, partly because of the IPL, and New Zealand entirely because of the clash with it, are not fielding their best teams in Test cricket. India are not interested in giving their best in Tests.

Is he telling us that if it wasn't for IPL Indian players wouldn't have sought healer Eliyantha White's help?
What about Gopumon who went for Ayurvedic treatment in Cbe and postponed the surgery on his toe.

Shane Watson has an Australian physio who lets his IPL team know how to deal with him; Indian players, on the other hand, go to a Sri Lankan doctor who could be anything between a healer and a quack, without the BCCI's knowledge.

cites Akashwani who mourns about lack of quality of spinners in domestic due to IPL..never knew Amit Mishra's double chin and Weeds darting were due to IPL.

Aakash Chopra has written about how Indian cricketers practically use first-class cricket to fine-tune their IPL skills. He says that spin had been an area of concern earlier too, but the fall has been dramatic after the advent of T20. A special case in point is Harbhajan, who seems to have developed a phobia of flighting the ball.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/567972.html

P_R
11th June 2012, 11:17 AM
If close finishes are the only attraction, and the only criterion for good cricket, surely F15 will produce a higher percentage of last-over finishes? T10 even more. If you play just Super Overs, every match will finish in the last over.

Plum
17th June 2012, 07:29 AM

Plum
17th June 2012, 07:35 AM
India could have changed the batting order, sent Harbhajan Singh ahead/

Dhoni doesnt play Russian Roulette, I believe.

Obligatory IPL moans by Cricinfo

T20 was invented in England. Blame redirected.

Australia and South Africa are playing two-Test series. South Africa have followed New Zealand in giving up the Boxing Day Test. West Indies, partly because of the IPL, and New Zealand entirely because of the clash with it, are not fielding their best teams in Test cricket. India are not interested in giving their best in Tests.
Yes, human beings are interested in more easy money. If India TV paid heavily for IPL gossip analysis reporter role, Monga will gladly jump aboard from cricinfo.

Plum
17th June 2012, 07:36 AM
Did Dhoni's near-reflexive use of defensive fields after gaining the upper hand twice at the MCG late last year have nothing to do with too much cricket - of the defensive T20 variety? Did that not play a significant role in 0-8?

This too much. Dhoni succeeded in IPL because of his background is primarily limited over matches at Club and Ground level, and he has developed a lot of limited over street smartness from his uniquq experience. He hardly has first class experience, which shows up in his test captaincy. Dhoni's IPL success is an effect, rather than cause, of his inability as Test(or first class) captain and experience.

SoftSword
20th June 2012, 06:26 PM
The IPL stars of India A fail the Test

by Ashish MagotraJun 20, 2012

West India A beat India A by 10 wickets to clinch series

Two days after the end of the fifth edition of the Indian Premier League, India’s young stars — its second rung — made the trip to West Indies to take on the ‘A’ team of the Caribbean nation.

It was a team filled with talent — as most Indian teams are — and it failed in such an alarming manner that the Board of Control for Cricket in India should really be worried. Last night, the Cheteshwar Pujara-led team lost the third ‘Test’ against their West Indian counterparts by 10 wickets to lose the series 2-1.

The scoreline could have easily been 3-0 but for an exceptional 96 not out by Pujara in the first ‘Test’ which led the team to narrow two-wicket win. In the other two matches though West India ‘A’ thoroughly dominated India — winning the second match by 125 runs before clinching the third with a 10-wicket margin.

So what causes a team filled with talents such as Cheteshwar Pujara, Rohit Sharma, Ajinkya Rahane, Manoj Tiwary, Abhinav Mukund, Shikhar Dhawan and more to go down so meekly?

A look at the numbers reveals that among the established batsmen only Pujara managed to do his talent justice. The Saurashtra batsman averaged 50.40 during the three matches. No other player in the team managed to average more than 32 during the series.

Tiwary scored 182 runs at an average of 30.33, Wriddhiman Saha managed 158 runs at 26.33, Rohit Sharma scored 145 runs at just 24.16 but of these 145 runs, the Mumbai batsman made 94 in his first innings on the tour. And even in the innings of 94, Rohit had three lives.

The biggest surprise or shock was the manner in which Rahane failed to get on board. He made just 62 runs in 6 innings at an average of 10.33. The performances here would have severely dented his hopes of getting into the Indian Test team anytime soon. He did get a few good bouncers which were virtually unplayable but surely he can expect a lot more of that in international cricket.

Many would argue that they just didn’t have any time to adjust their games. It was so soon after the IPL that the batsmen were still in a trigger-happy mode. But that still doesn’t explain how they managed to win the first Test and lose the third. Shouldn’t it have been the other way round?

Shouldn’t their performance have started to improve as the team really got into the tour?

The particularly sad bit is that these young players should have known that a good performance could have landed them a spot in the Indian team. The reverses that the senior team suffered in England and Australia can no longer be classified as aberrations and the BCCI reintroduced ‘A’ team tours to help prepare the youngsters for international cricket. However, the performances on this tour showed that perhaps they were only preparing to lose.

The bowlers didn’t do very well either. The best bowler was the unheralded Akshay Darekar who claimed 8 wickets at an average of 24.62 in two matches which included a six-wicket haul in the second Test. As good as Parwinder Awana was during the IPL, he didn’t quite shine during the series. He played just one match and claimed just 3 wickets. Shami Ahmed, a medium-pacer from Bengal, managed a team high of 13 wickets and his accuracy was impressive.

On the other hand, it was surprising to see Pujara give Rohit Sharma as many as 76 overs during the series. After Shami, it was the second highest number of overs bowled by a single Indian player during the series. Now, Rohit’s not a bad bowler but to give him so many overs, robbed the other bowlers of a chance to prove themselves and isn’t that what an ‘A’ tour is supposed to do?

But more than anything this tour showed that the India’s overseas malaise is not just limited to the senior team, it extends to the juniors as well. And that is scary.

http://www.firstpost.com/sports/the-...st-350490.html

=============================

some ppl spoke for the seniors to step aside from the test side to give way for the juniors...
for their attention..

wizzy
20th June 2012, 06:49 PM
^a sad indictment of talents coming through which is failing at the first instance of testing conditions..forget the middle order we don't have any viable replacement for our test openers :-(

Arvind Srinivasan
16th July 2012, 04:17 PM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/572617.html

India to play Pakistan in 3 ODIs and 2 T20s. The ODIs are set to take place in Delhi, Kolkata and Chennai and the T20s at Ahmedabad and Bangalore.
As for reactions Harsha Bhogle has welcomed the view and Sunil Gavaskar has infact expressed his disappointment as a Mumbaiker and questioned the urgency of the resumption of ties between the two countries....

wizzy
16th July 2012, 04:40 PM
^would have been a cracker if BCCI had just arranged a tri-series with Eng/Pak..been a long time since we played a tri series @ home

Arvind Srinivasan
16th July 2012, 05:06 PM
Tri-series are a rarity these days, aren't they. Don't know as to why cricket boards aren't interested in these ( well except the ACB). One, it promises good entertainment and two , it increases the waning viewership for ODIs..They used to be very popular 7-8 years back and really provided excellent entertaiment... .Well leaving all these aside, I am just happy that this series is gonna take place and that too in Chennai...

SoftSword
16th July 2012, 05:25 PM
sennai... all set to get washedout due to rain...
olunga full match eppo nadandhuchu kadasiyaa?

Arvind Srinivasan
16th July 2012, 05:28 PM
Last 4-5 yearsaa Chennaila oru match kooda truncatedaavo illa abandonedaavo aalaiyae, SS

SoftSword
16th July 2012, 05:32 PM
appo oru anjuvarusam munnaala ponga... idhukullaam enkitta permission kaekkanumaa...
naan marandhiruppaen... aana enmanasula padhinjadhu kadasiya naan chennainu aarvama ukkaandhu matches ellaam sing in the rain dhaan...

sathya_1979
16th July 2012, 05:45 PM
shitty crap :mad: !@$#%@$%@#$%@GFDGEWQRY#^%#&^

littlemaster1982
16th July 2012, 05:51 PM
Tri-series are a rarity these days, aren't they. Don't know as to why cricket boards aren't interested in these ( well except the ACB). One, it promises good entertainment and two , it increases the waning viewership for ODIs..They used to be very popular 7-8 years back and really provided excellent entertaiment... .Well leaving all these aside, I am just happy that this series is gonna take place and that too in Chennai...

Boards are not interested much as crowds are not that encouraging for neutral matches.

Arvind Srinivasan
16th July 2012, 06:11 PM
Boards are not interested much as crowds are not that encouraging for neutral matches.

True...But when one board, the ACB can the risk why can't the others...ACB that too abolished the bilateral series and brought in the CB series....

wizzy
16th July 2012, 06:46 PM
shitty crap :mad: !@$#%@$%@#$%@GFDGEWQRY#^%#&^

:idontgetit: captain Vijayakanth :huh:

Plum
16th July 2012, 10:49 PM

ungaLukkellAm gnAbagam irukkO illaiyO - onsappanatime, we had a India-Kenya-Bangladesh tri-series in India! I remember going by the side of Lal Bahadur Shastri Stadium in Hyderabad and literally being wooed with goodies to watch the match

littlemaster1982
16th July 2012, 11:08 PM
ungaLukkellAm gnAbagam irukkO illaiyO - onsappanatime, we had a India-Kenya-Bangladesh tri-series in India!

Adheppadi marakkum?! I watched India-Kenya match with the help of generator and our team repaid by losing the match :sigh2: Thalaivar hit a century in the finals of that series.

Arvind Srinivasan
16th July 2012, 11:13 PM
^ Didn't he get the hundred in Kolkata....Just an 8 second video of the innings is available on the net...

wizzy
16th July 2012, 11:13 PM
ungaLukkellAm gnAbagam irukkO illaiyO - onsappanatime, we had a India-Kenya-Bangladesh tri-series in India! I remember going by the side of Lal Bahadur Shastri Stadium in Hyderabad and literally being wooed with goodies to watch the match

:roll:

wizzy
16th July 2012, 11:53 PM
Pak play their return-home series in India but BCCI gets to keep all the monies :lol2:

A big part of that was a Pakistani proposal to look for "neutral" venues, which translated, meant Dubai or Sharjah. Pakistan, said, sources, needs revenues desperately, because after the 2009 Lahore attack on the Sri Lankan players, there has been no international cricket played in Pakistan.

The Indian side was not at all keen on these venues, since they are a hotbed for betting. And there was no question of Indian players going to Pakistan.

Pakistan, therefore, proposed that some venues in India be declared "neutral", which would help them earn some revenues as well, and shore up the treasury of a cash-strapped PCB. The Indian government forwarded these proposals to BCCI.

But BCCI refused the proposal. "There will be no revenue sharing with PCB," said BCCI sources. The three-ODI, two T20 series had to be seen as a home series. And BCCI will keep all the revenue. The "principle of reciprocity" will not apply here, they said. The Pakistan Cricket Board had agreed.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/top-stories/BCCI-rejects-PCBs-revenue-sharing-proposal/articleshow/15006918.cms

sathya_1979
17th July 2012, 07:15 AM
:idontgetit: captain Vijayakanth :huh:
inga ketta vaarththaila post paNNa vENaamnu freeyaa vittutEn, about the series

wizzy
17th July 2012, 09:41 AM
inga ketta vaarththaila post paNNa vENaamnu freeyaa vittutEn, about the series

so much hate.cricket patriotism :-)

sathya_1979
17th July 2012, 05:33 PM
It's not about Cricket alone. In fact the anger is for many more resons beyond that.

wizzy
17th July 2012, 07:06 PM
^ tunneling all your anger on Pak team for non-cricketing reasons :confused2:...imagine if we were to play cricket with our natpu naadu Nepal all year around.. you should also boycott India's tour of SL..do you :huh:

about time Indian team jumped on the CSK bandwagon..well almost :lol2:

http://im1.cricketcountry.com/574267ec7119a8db650ef69e0c4dab07.jpeg

Plum
17th July 2012, 11:14 PM
Wiz - point pudicheenga (goodies ;-) )

ajaybaskar
25th July 2012, 01:57 PM
Kapil Dev resigns from ICL (Did it even exist?). He is now entitled to get the BCCI's cheque of 1 crore.

Yaarukitta? :lol2:

SoftSword
30th August 2012, 06:08 PM
First-class cricket next target, not IPL: Harmeet Singh

wizzy
6th September 2012, 10:35 AM
Gangs now wants to coach the Indian team..Coach+Selector+BCCI president @ the same time :confused2:

"Obviously, I have interest in coaching but only time will tell what can happen in future. If the BCCI feels that I can be a good coach to the team, I will be ready. I feel I can create a difference in terms of the ability of the players, their form and their development. That will be one way of my repaying the game," Ganguly told Aaj Tak.

basement

Ganguly felt time was ripe for Indian coach to take over the mantle, saying: "When John Wright came in, the situation was different and the need was to have a foreign coach who could expose the players to modern fitness and training methods. Different captains and different coaches brought in that culture within the team where the players believed they could do well abroad. But the Indian cricket is well aware of the modern techniques now."

"Don't forget we won the World T-20 in 2007 and the CB Series in 2008 under Lalchand Rajput and on the victorious 2007 tour of England, Mr Chandu Borde was the coach. So it is about the ability to understand the players better that matters now," he added.

On suggestions of him being approached by the BCCI for the post of chief selector to replace Krishnamachari Srikkanth, Ganguly said, "Honestly, I should not be talking about it (the offer). Remember, I just retired from the game a few years ago plus one has to stay away from home as a selector to watch even domestic players. Right now, this seems a bit difficult for me. All I can say is that this is a very important phase in Indian cricket as at least four selectors will change."

Roger Binny is all set to take over selection committee..all those who pasted Cheeka for nepotism are in for a rude awakening :-D

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/sourav-ganguly-coach-indian-cricket-team/1/216160.html

Puliyan_Biryani
27th September 2012, 02:55 PM
^^Roger has become Chief Selector.

Somebody has already updated Stu Binny's wiki page :rotfl2:.

SoftSword
27th September 2012, 03:01 PM
bye bye srikanth, murali vijay, abhinav mukund... :wave:

satissh_r
27th September 2012, 03:20 PM
^^Roger has become Chief Selector.

Some reports confirm Sandeep Patil as the Chairman :confused2:

wizzy
27th September 2012, 03:44 PM
^Patil it is http://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/news/item/197114-bcci-picks-new-selection-panel

Stuart 'fat' Binny has reaffirmed my theory of hack cricketers getting haut chicks :)

ajithfederer
26th February 2013, 09:55 AM
India threaten Cricket SA over Haroon Lorgat

As their main bargaining chip, the BCCI is threatening to cancel the tour to South Africa by MS Dhoni's team next season.

The last time India toured, in 2010-2011 - when South Africa also hosted the Champions League T20 and a Bollywood-blockbusting T20 game at the Moses Mabhida Stadium - CSA recorded revenues of R727-million. In 2009-2010, CSA earned almost R234.5-million less.

CSA is sending a high-powered delegation to Chennai today to discuss this and other matters.

The thought of Lorgat at CSA's operational helm would appear to be too much to bear for the BCCI, which is used to getting its way and has sought to wield its financial power widely to control a world-cricket structure that is maddeningly decentralised.

Lorgat would seem to have made significant Indian enemies during his tenure as CEO of the International Cricket Council, from 2008 to June last year.

One of the reasons for the BCCI's stance towards him could be his insistence that India's match against England in the 2011 World Cup be moved from Kolkata's Eden Gardens, which was being renovated at the time.

The ICC decided that the stadium was not ready - South Africa's match against Ireland there was played in front of a thin crowd - and reallocated it to Bangalore.

"The BCCI has made what is at this stage an informal threat to call off the tour if Lorgat is named as the new CEO," a CSA source confirmed yesterday. "You would have to be a fool to think that won't be discussed during this visit."

The CSA delegation comprises president Chris Nenzani, vice-president Peter Cyster and lead independent director Norman Arendse, who said Indian administrators had contacted him to discuss their concerns about Lorgat even before he was appointed to the CSA board.
http://www.sportlive.co.za/cricket/morecricket/2013/02/22/india-threaten-cricket-sa-over-haroon-lorgat

:clap:. I don't know when it's all gonna comeback and bite in the ass.