PDA

View Full Version : World Cricket II

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

wizzy
5th May 2012, 10:17 AM
whats with 'Telegraph' drumming support for IPL..any ull-kuthu with BSkyB..'CricketAnalyst' has even come up with prospective county franchises..nallathu nadantha seri :-)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/9245388/To-save-the-shires-English-cricket-needs-to-follow-the-IPLs-franchise-model.html

This takes the cake :lol:

The ECB are planning to have comedians preforming at domestic T20 matches this summer. It seems a strange decision.

We should be getting serious about the format, not cheapening it, as it represents a vital potential lifeline for the survival of the professional game. The quicker everyone realises that the better.

Plum
5th May 2012, 11:48 AM
yOv Feeyaar, thirumba thirumba puriyAdha MAdhiriyE...:evil:

reNdiayum sEthhu padiyyA. I am saying "X is antural Y is unnatural" when X~=Y is a DING-ian philosophy claiming the authority to define "natural" and "unnatural". thirumba thirumba you keep justifying "X is natural". nAn sonnadhu enna? nInga rebut paNdradhu enna? :twisted:

Plum
5th May 2012, 11:53 AM
Let's wish ECB some initial success in this so that they go with the arasan T20 abandoning their purushan Test Cricket. appO indha feeyar, English test cricket loverslAm epdi behave paNdrAngannu pAkkalAm. oNNu nadakkAdhunnu(England will give preference to T20)-nu nenaichu neRaiya extreme position eduthuttAnga - let's see epdi thirudanukku thEL kottinA mAdhiri nadandhukkaRAnga when the chicken come home to roost :lol:

If you see Guardian comments, perumbAlum it is the 30+ Englishman who takes this "IPL is evil. It should be killed. Englishmen alone have respect for Test Cricket. nAnga AdaRadhu dhAn Cricket. nAnga solRadhu dhAn sattam". Younger ones have a more flexible attitude.= - what they want is an English IPL. Basically, they want Imperial Cricket Conference by regaining financial domination, which is not surprising. Englisman genesla idhellAm irukkum.

So, I am hoping that Test Cricket will die in England soon in popularity and the proverbial old man and his dog are all left to support test cricket. As I keep saying, after Sachin, test cricket vayasukku vandhA enna? varAttA enna? I will welcome this development with hearty appreciation. Englismen and quasi-Englishman should manam puzhungi puzhungi vEdhanai padaNum.

appayum "valikkavE illai"-nu maindain paNNuvAnga forumsla but internalA puzhunguvAnga - adhui dhAn enakku vENum

Plum
5th May 2012, 11:57 AM
And regarding Chris Gayles "I will not be unhappy about Test Cricket dying", it was a childish response to Strauss's needling about Gayle coming just 2 days before the test series from IPL. What Gayle said was "I will not be unhappy if Test Cricket dies. I can play any format. But some like Strauss might be - he cannot adapt to T20". Which is as succinct and brutally true as it can be - Strauss saying "T20 is evil, Test dhAn great" is like Pandaribai saying "nAn glamour/exposelAm paNNA mAttEn". idhayE Rahul Dravid), Ricky PontinO sonnA adhu vERA vishayam - avangaLukku T20yum varum. They can make a living if Test cricket had died in 2000, they'd still have amde a lot of money from T20 . Strauss and the English cryiong for test cricket is becuase they cant make money out of T20 as it stands now. I guess the future generation of English cricket thinks differently and wille ventually emerge as T2o-compliant. (ofcourse, T20 will become the greatest format at that point in English media). But the current generation batting for Test cricket is all self-convenince thats all.

wizzy
5th May 2012, 12:33 PM
Strauss saying "T20 is evil, Test dhAn great" is like Pandaribai saying "nAn glamour/exposelAm paNNA mAttEn".

:rotfl3: looking around you can add the entire prodigal sons of English cricket in Cook/Bell/Prior to this analogy..BCCI should have made sure Sky got the terrestrial rights for IPL..Botham/Nass/Holding/Athers devising team strategies for IPL teams would have been a sight to behold :lol2: icing would be if ECB seeks Modi's expertise for turning counties to franchises...I can see Modi salivating at the prospect

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01018/stanford13_1018070i.jpg

Plum
5th May 2012, 10:25 PM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/page2/content/story/563739.html

Kolpak Odd rule that broadly means that anyone can play for anyone as long as they have a British passport/British wife/once received mail with an English postmark :lol:

Twenty20 Life force of English cricket, it actually accounted for 97.6% of Essex's total revenue in the 2011 season. Despite this, English fans look down their noses at the IPL as it has "too much money" and "is not proper cricket". Tell that to the beered-up workers who stroll down after work, throwing notes at overpriced Cornish pasties and watered-down lager while bellowing casual abuse at the poor sap who has to field at fine leg. The "real" county fan sits in the corner, moaning that his ale cost more than £1.20, while methodically and deliberately marking each and every dot on his scorecard.

ajithfederer
5th May 2012, 10:30 PM
Oh yeah the famous pimping of English WAG to Stanford right?. hahaha.

:rotfl3: looking around you can add the entire prodigal sons of English cricket in Cook/Bell/Prior to this analogy..BCCI should have made sure Sky got the terrestrial rights for IPL..Botham/Nass/Holding/Athers devising team strategies for IPL teams would have been a sight to behold :lol2: icing would be if ECB seeks Modi's expertise for turning counties to franchises...I can see Modi salivating at the prospect

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01018/stanford13_1018070i.jpg

ajithfederer
5th May 2012, 10:32 PM
Have the English ever allowed Non-White players to represent them from SA?. Discount the Indian immigrants(Monty, patel etc etc) in this scenario and think Africans.

sathya_1979
5th May 2012, 10:59 PM
gladstone small, chris lewis

ajithfederer
5th May 2012, 11:01 PM
Even devon malcolm but they were all English I guess. Borrowed talents from SA.

wizzy
5th May 2012, 11:03 PM
Philandavar would be a good start ;-)

Plum
5th May 2012, 11:06 PM
No, AF. As you say, Phil, Devon, Gladstone etc were immigrants from the Carribean. In the sense, their parents/grandparents immigrated so there can be no doubts about their quallification to play for England.

Obviously, any good black/coloured South African will be gobbled up by the affirmative South African Board so they have no need to emigrate to England. This is unlikely to happen in the near future.

But, to their credit, England did play Basil D'Oliveira, a coloured South African, who, in tune with apartheid in his country, was denied by his board and emigrated to England. Dont imagine that he was welcomed with both hands, though. He wasnt selected for a Saffer Tour in due deference to the Saffer government but was later selected to play after a lot of controversy from maNNin maindhars of England. But, to their credit, a small bunch of Englishmen were courageous enough to give him the chance. This kind of corroborates Feeyar's point - and he probably doesnt know this story - but I am fair enough to give him the artillery that he doesnt know he has.

wizzy
5th May 2012, 11:15 PM
avru mixed ache..any other true blood Afrikaans represented Eng?

P_R
6th May 2012, 09:36 AM
Let's wish ECB some initial success in this so that they go with the arasan T20 abandoning their purushan Test Cricket. appO indha feeyar, English test cricket loverslAm epdi behave paNdrAngannu pAkkalAm. oNNu nadakkAdhunnu(England will give preference to T20)-nu nenaichu neRaiya extreme position eduthuttAnga - let's see epdi thirudanukku thEL kottinA mAdhiri nadandhukkaRAnga when the chicken come home to roost :lol: Will drop like a hot potato. Simple.

Kiumble, Dravid. Sachin ellAm T20 aaduradhai ellAm oththukkavE mudiyalai. idhellAm oru format-nu kaari thuppittu varavENdaamA.

P_R
6th May 2012, 09:38 AM
Oh...next allegation racisaumA :lol2:
adhAvadhu Tsotsobe thangachchiyai eduththaalum thappu, edukkAttiyum thappu.
nallA argue paNreengappa :clap:

P_R
6th May 2012, 09:42 AM
But, to their credit, a small bunch of Englishmen were courageous enough to give him the chance. This kind of corroborates Feeyar's point - and he probably doesnt know this story - but I am fair enough to give him the artillery that he doesnt know he has.
sabaas...nallavarundreenga.
(oru aLavukku kadhai theriyin)

aanO bhadhrahA krathavO yanthu vishvathahA - let good things reach us from all directions.
adhaan England hiring policy :wave:

Plum
6th May 2012, 10:41 AM
Adhaavadhu naanga veLLakaaranai hire paNNa koodaadhu. Ninga yaarai vENA hire paNNikkalaam. Idhula "we take good things from all directions"-nu perumai vERa pEsuvInga? :huh: . Allow us to hire veLLaikAra fast bowlers. appuRam nAngaLum "aanO bhadhrahA krathavO yanthu vishvathahA" sollikkaROm :poke:

Other points to ponder: it was sat that time imply not possible for a Saffer coloured to get respect and a top position in England but Oliveira was absorbed. By your defn, that is odd. Since there was not much record of Coloured saffers pozhaippukkAga England vandhing and rising to the top, by your logic Oliveria shouldnt have been absorbed in the national team but he was - and you seem to be proud of the fact today. Yet you argue against a similar situation in India.

Adhu nadakkalaam - India shouldn't recruit de Lange? (You thought I was giving you a free hit with Oliveira ? ). Englishmen who weren't doing great in Britain coming to India in search of fame and fortune - idhellaam 18th centurylErundhu nadakkaRadhu dhaan. Enna oru 64 varushamA konjam koRainju irukku. So idhuvum natural dhaan. VaralARRai puratti pArungaL amaicharE!

Plum
6th May 2012, 10:47 AM
Also, there was huge resistance to Oliveira in England, which corroborates my and wizzy's and AF's point."Unnatural" things keep happening and then become natural over a period of time. So, do you want to be like the small Englanders who resisted Oliveira in the name of Tradition or like the minority honourable Englishmen who fought for his inclusion, and changed the thought process of a society? Today, England has far more liberal men who think - or possibly, publicly show like they are against; i.e possibly keep their dark desires to suppress black men to themselves - of apartheid as evil than otherwise. This wasn't the case in the 60s - Oliveira's inclusion was looked at as a snub of their Saffer white brethren by Little Englanders. It was really a few Englishmen who made the difference. Today, you are talking like those little Englanders.

Plum
6th May 2012, 10:57 AM
Actually, nobody was unhappy with Defreitas etc playing for England. Infact, let's take Strauss. We don't object because he moved to england as a kid and was a product of the English Cricket system. In talk of natural immigration etc, you forget notions of fairness. T20 vishayathula unfairA iruppinga sari. TestslaiyumA? It is fair for a player whose parents or grandparents or ancestors or he himself migrated before his formative years to play for England - but what England is doing is cynically exploiting this to steal players from other countries. This is just like corporate and club culture - which you think should not be mixed with Test cricket. You are actually going against your own ideals in your England Cricket mOham. You don't subscribe to your own notion of fairness. That's how pathetic your state of mind is.

ajithfederer
6th May 2012, 11:06 AM
Yov yov :lol2:. Unake overaa illa.

That was just line of thought. Idhu varaikkum argue pannadhukellam neer ozhunga vilakkam kodutha madhiri.

Oh...next allegation racisaumA :lol2:
adhAvadhu Tsotsobe thangachchiyai eduththaalum thappu, edukkAttiyum thappu.
nallA argue paNreengappa :clap:

ajithfederer
6th May 2012, 11:08 AM
Our Mod here was just mouthwatering at that prospect when Philander made his debut. Just like an ECB Hiring scout.

Philandavar would be a good start ;-)

ajithfederer
6th May 2012, 11:10 AM
Ummai mattum kekkuraennu nenaikadheer. I am asking this question to all purists. What is wrong in playing that format?. Umaku pudikalaina appdi orama poi ukkaralame. How do you expect everyone to accept your line of thinking?.

Kiumble, Dravid. Sachin ellAm T20 aaduradhai ellAm oththukkavE mudiyalai. idhellAm oru format-nu kaari thuppittu varavENdaamA.

wizzy
6th May 2012, 11:13 AM
P_R unga tuk-u :lol:

remember reading a Brit who said these overseas recruits were their attempts to ape all the great sides at that time..70s/80s saw Carib cricketers in their ranks..90s was turn of OZ(Hollioakes/Tim Ambrose/Mullaly/Craig White) and the entire pantheon of Protea cricketers in 00s :lol:

BCCI should help Narine/Narayan/Narayanan realize his test dreams..WICB and their status quo :banghead:

Plum
6th May 2012, 01:17 PM
The thing is if you are taling pride in a case-by-case approach,then, instead of taking it generic-case-by-generic-case (i.e.) White Saffers going to England for plumbing is not unheard so a Saffer for 30 years of his life can play for England, you should take it as specific-case-by-specific-case. (i.e.) Strauss and Prior moved to England as children and were products of English system so it is fair for them to play for England but not so for KP and Trott. if it is fair for KP and Trott to play for England, it is fair for India to play Roach, Rampaul, De Lange, or heck, we'll settle for Bracewell or Southee.

P_R
6th May 2012, 06:44 PM
Adhaavadhu naanga veLLakaaranai hire paNNa koodaadhu. Ninga yaarai vENA hire paNNikkalaam. Idhula "we take good things from all directions"-nu perumai vERa pEsuvInga? :huh: . Allow us to hire veLLaikAra fast bowlers. appuRam nAngaLum "aanO bhadhrahA krathavO yanthu vishvathahA" sollikkaROm :poke:
thirumba thirumba pEsura nee
Indiavula ennikku SAfrican vElai thEdi vandhirukkaan.

Other points to ponder: it was sat that time imply not possible for a Saffer coloured to get respect and a top position in England but Oliveira was absorbed. By your defn, that is odd. Since there was not much record of Coloured saffers pozhaippukkAga England vandhing and rising to the top, by your logic Oliveria shouldnt have been absorbed in the national team but he was - and you seem to be proud of the fact today. Yet you argue against a similar situation in India.
Specious argument. Oppressed SAF blacks, moottai thookki pozhaikkavaavadhu England pOyiruppAinga. Not to India. idhellAm ungaLukkE theriyin. irundhaalum both-are-same-nu veembukku argue paNreenga.

Adhu nadakkalaam - India shouldn't recruit de Lange? (You thought I was giving you a free hit with Oliveira ? ). Englishmen who weren't doing great in Britain coming to India in search of fame and fortune - idhellaam 18th centurylErundhu nadakkaRadhu dhaan. Enna oru 64 varushamA konjam koRainju irukku. So idhuvum natural dhaan. VaralARRai puratti pArungaL amaicharE! Oh idhula mEra bhaarath gandhi magaan vERaiyA :lol2:

P_R
6th May 2012, 07:02 PM
Today, you are talking like those little Englanders.
Point totally rejected.
I am not arguing every tradition to be preserved as I mentioned in response to wizzy, several pages back.
Certain traditions that suppress, oppress and depress have to be counteracted.

But illAdha traditionai, kaasu kuduththu cricket-la mattum create paNNuvEn-nu solradhu dhaan unnatural 'ngREn.

P_R
6th May 2012, 07:04 PM
This is just like corporate and club culture - No

which you think should not be mixed with Test cricket. appadillAm enga sonnEn?

You are actually going against your own ideals in your England Cricket mOham. deduction-A?

That's how pathetic your state of mind is. Conclusion

neengaLA oNNu pEsikkureenga.

P_R
6th May 2012, 07:05 PM
Umaku pudikalaina appdi orama poi ukkaralame. How do you expect everyone to accept your line of thinking?. avvaLO democratic-A, open minded-A irundhA naan yEn inga vandhu kuththa vaikkuREn.

kaiyai madakki eRiyuradhulErndhu ovvoNNuththukkum saNdai pOda vENdi irukku. yEn-nA makkaL sulabamA yEththukkaraanga.

P_R
6th May 2012, 07:08 PM
The thing is if you are taling pride in a case-by-case approach,then, instead of taking it generic-case-by-generic-case (i.e.) White Saffers going to England for plumbing is not unheard so a Saffer for 30 years of his life can play for England, you should take it as specific-case-by-specific-case. (i.e.) Strauss and Prior moved to England as children and were products of English system so it is fair for them to play for England but not so for KP and Trott. if it is fair for KP and Trott to play for England, it is fair for India to play Roach, Rampaul, De Lange, or heck, we'll settle for Bracewell or Southee.
Many KPs and Trotts study in SA and find jobs in England, emigrate etc.
Whether any Southees come to India with dreams?

Our point of difference is: why can't cricket be the starting point? Why should it always be plumbing.
That is where I disagree.

In cricket is matches what is going on in rest of English society. Hence the feeling that it is 'natural'. Which does not imply there is no conscious mechanics of hiring.
Whereas if India did it, then it would be a phenomenon exclusive to cricket, unheard of elsewhere in society. Hence I reject.

idhai vida eppadi irakki kaatturadhu?

Plum
6th May 2012, 07:50 PM
You are the one ungalukku mattume puriya koodiya logicla pEsuRadhu. Your mode of argument is when ynnot justify something logically "naan apdithaan democratic illai" etc. In other word you are upholding naadharithanam against things you can not tolerate.agree othi e framed and call England naadhaaris once. Infact you havelready implicitly accepted that but accept explicitly and we can stop this here. When I get a goodnnection, I can do a n by point rebuttal but ippo page load pradhe kastamaa irukku.

Plum
6th May 2012, 08:18 PM
You are the one ungalukku mattume puriya koodiya logicla pEsuRadhu. Your mode of argument is when you cannot justify something logically "naan apdithaan democratic illai" etc. In other word you are upholding naadharithanam against things you can not tolerate. Agree on this in the wordings I framed and call England naadhaaris once. Infact you have already implicitly accepted that but accept explicitly and we can stop this here. When I get a stable connection, I can do a point by point rebuttal but ippo page load pandradhe kastamaa irukku.

Plum
6th May 2012, 09:41 PM
nEththu Robin Singh case-la konjam sense vandhdadhellAm kARROdu pOyAchA? Clearly, you felt nothing unnatural about Robin Singh playing for TN, which he has no snAna prApthi to. So, your claim about foreigners playing for India being odd is empty. When it didnt occur odd to you when it actually happened, your case is very flaky. You dont have clear convictions - you are just arguing for argument sake. It is cler from the Robin Singh episode. Case actualyl closed. Let me see what it takes for you to admit that you were wrong.

P_R
7th May 2012, 07:32 AM
I admit I was wrong. Wrong in letting Robin Singh in :razz:
valichaalum paraalla, Robin-ai exception-nu mark paNNa vENdiyadhu dhaan.
avan oruththanukkaaga Albie Morkel India-ku bowling paNra kodumaiyai ellAm pArkka mudiyAdhu.
adhellAm exclusively first world privilege.

orE oru thadavai idhai sollungaLEn: 'yes I admit, nearly no foreigner ever comes to India seeking employing, except Bangladeshis and other SAsians, whom P_R has most graciously permitted to play for India'

ajithfederer
7th May 2012, 08:30 AM
The tide is actually turning P_r. I've heard(In News obviously) Europeans wanting to work in India since Eurozone crisis has gone bad.

orE oru thadavai idhai sollungaLEn: 'yes I admit, nearly no foreigner ever comes to India seeking employing, except Bangladeshis and other SAsians, whom P_R has most graciously permitted to play for India'

P_R
7th May 2012, 08:57 AM
The tide is actually turning P_r. I've heard(In News obviously) Europeans wanting to work in India since Eurozone crisis has gone bad.
அப்படி நடந்தா அதுக்கு பிறகு கிரிக்கெட்லயும் எடுத்துக்குங்க. Oddஆ தெரியாது.

ajithfederer
7th May 2012, 09:06 AM
Happadaa kadasiya Saami uttharavu koduthuruchu :rotfl:

:evil:

wizzy
7th May 2012, 10:14 AM
Dave Richardson mattum CEO aana subcontinental sides'ku rivet thaen..Seenu Maama/Pawar in the interview panel..pliss do the needful.

Plum
7th May 2012, 12:05 PM
Saami tamizhla enna uththaravu koduthirukku? :roll: . Naan En saami solRadhai sollaNum - I have logically justified my position. Saami dhaan "I know this is not logical, consistent ot just but even at the cost of being unjust and naadhaari, I support England's naadharithanam". Otoh, I haven't conceded any such point to say what saami has framed in his post abovez.

Dinesh84
7th May 2012, 12:31 PM
:cry3: intha panjaayaththu eppo thaan mudiyumO? oru vaarama ukkaanthu pEsittu irukeenga :evil: .. BTW, athu yaen Eng/Aus/NZ ku mattum intha vithi vilakku? avunga thaan poranthaangala intha olagaththula? Avungalukku mattum yaen antha exclusivity? If you see English Badminton/TT team, most of the players will be from China/Japan/Korea. It’s like they have the liberty to pick best from the pool to represent their nation in sports which they are not good at...

P_R
8th May 2012, 01:05 AM
If you see English Badminton/TT team, most of the players will be from China/Japan/Korea. It’s like they have the liberty to pick best from the pool to represent their nation in sports which they are not good at...
en selvamE.. nanRu sonnaai.
enakku vERa endha sport-ai paththiyum theriyAdhu 'ngradhaala, idhu ennamO cricket-la mattumE nadakkuradhA solli oru appAviyai yEmAththap pAththaanga.

piRa sports-layin nadakkudhA? Not surprising. Natural dhaan.

P_R
8th May 2012, 01:06 AM
Saami tamizhla enna uththaravu koduthirukku? :roll: . Naan En saami solRadhai sollaNum - I have logically justified my position. Saami dhaan "I know this is not logical, consistent ot just but even at the cost of being unjust and naadhaari, I support England's naadharithanam". Otoh, I haven't conceded any such point to say what saami has framed in his post abovez.
idhellAm neengaLE sollikkiRadhu :lol2:

kid-glove
8th May 2012, 01:22 AM
Should this thread be renamed as '10-nations cricket II' to avoid blatant misleading of genuine sports fans.

P_R
8th May 2012, 01:48 AM
Should this thread be renamed as '10-nations cricket II' to avoid blatant misleading of genuine sports fans.
Genyoon sports fans are welcome to post about the glorious cricket that is played in Bermuda, Fiji, Nepal and Iceland.

kid-glove
8th May 2012, 01:51 AM
Ha ha. You're not fooling anyone folks. Even Golf is a weld level sport. :lol2:

P_R
8th May 2012, 02:08 AM
This sport is not for everyone.
indha elitisaththai oththukkuradhu endha thayakkamum irukka koodaadhu.

kid-glove
8th May 2012, 02:21 AM
It's way too underprivileged as a 'sport' or a 'game' (Neville far better than Michael Vaughan at cricket but still turned into a professional footballer) even in strongest of cricketing nations to be considered elitist.

P_R
8th May 2012, 02:34 AM
Neville 'ngradhu yaaru.
Somebody who chose football over cricket I infer.
adhukku mEla comment paNRadhu waste of the time, waste of the energy, waste of the discuss.

kid-glove
8th May 2012, 02:43 AM
True story P_R. A whole chunk of your beloved English cricketers are failed footballers. While a huge proportion of cultured footballers chose to shat in general direction of this poor excuse of a sport called cricket.

Have a sleepless night you Elitism-chasing cricket-loving Shankar-worshiping IlyaRepin-peeping Nolartard.

P_R
8th May 2012, 02:47 AM
True story P_R. A whole chunk of your beloved English cricketers are failed footballers. Oh really. I can't imagine. Half of them being too unfit to have ever tried football. Imagine Thorpe executing a bicycle kick :lol:

While a huge proportion of cultured footballers chose to shat in general direction of this poor excuse of a sport called cricket.
Bishen Bedi: most of cricket is played between the ears

Have a sleepless night you Elitism-chasing cricket-loving Shankar-worshiping IlyaRepin-peeping Nolartard.
Sriman to Sammandham aNNan: idhu saabam maadhiri theriyalaiyE..yEdhO vaazhthu maadhiri irukku
k_g: namma heart peer gold

kid-glove
8th May 2012, 02:51 AM
Oh really. I can't imagine. Half of them being too unfit to have ever tried football. Imagine Thorpe executing a bicycle kick :lol:
Exactly. But I could imagine Richard Dunne hitting a sexy cover drive.

Bishen Bedi: most of cricket is played between the ears
Like Chinese checkers

Sriman to Sammandham aNNan: idhu saabam maadhiri theriyalaiyE..yEdhO vaazhthu maadhiri irukku
k_g: namma heart peer gold
:D
I love you dearly. But you knew that already.

kid-glove
8th May 2012, 02:55 AM
Guess the diving dude:

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/9800/9863.2.jpg

P_R
8th May 2012, 03:08 AM
Guess the diving dude:

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/9800/9863.2.jpg
:lol: Thorpe?
yEdhO oru thadavai reNdu thadavai alertA kudhikkalaam. adhukkaaga Odikitta irukka mudiyumA.

//
btw on elitism chasing, If Allen makes a full-steam-ahead aspiration heavy MiP, mine will surely be MiNYC. Whattabeauty yeng gael.
idhu ooru. michadhellAm namma weakness therinju poweder pOttu varradhu dhaan.
//

P_R
8th May 2012, 08:18 AM
WIndies in England

insufficient practice - http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-west-indies-2012/engine/current/match/534201.html
visa problems - http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-west-indies-2012/content/current/story/563863.html

nalla naaL-layE naazhippaal...

ajithfederer
8th May 2012, 08:47 AM
K_g (Long time doubt) Were you recently engaged or did your long time Girl friend just proposed to you?. Is that why you are freakin out inside and acting out all macho outside by trolling in all threads?. Please educate us! :lol2:

wizzy
8th May 2012, 09:54 AM
World Series ellae :huh: antha madhiri :lol2:

kid-glove
8th May 2012, 11:56 AM
K_g (Long time doubt) Were you recently engaged or did your long time Girl friend just proposed to you?. Is that why you are freakin out inside and acting out all macho outside by trolling in all threads?. Please educate us! :lol2:

No, I am diagonized with brain tumor. Taking things lightly.

wizzy
8th May 2012, 12:13 PM
cricinfo is running a good series :clap: Wasim bhai on Martin Crowe..gun player..highly underrated :)

Perfect technique, Martin Crowe. All the great batsmen I played against played late and on the front foot. I remember, he got a hundred in Lahore. At the other end, no one from New Zealand was getting runs. In that series the ball was reverse-swinging miles after 15-20 overs, and I think they were Pakistan balls, those rock-hard Grays [Gray-Nicolls]. They used to swing miles and used to stay rock-hard till the 80th over.

I asked him once, "How come you played me and Waqar so well?" He said, "I used to just wait for your inswing delivery. I used to play every delivery [for] inswing. If you play [for] inswing and if the ball is going away from you, you are not going to follow the ball. If you are playing inswing with the straight bat, the outswing will automatically will beat you. You won't nick it unless you are chasing it." So that was his technique.

He was always on the front foot to us. He never went on the back foot. He said, "Against you guys, if I had gone on the back foot, I would have had no chance whatsoever." He was like Sunny Gavaskar, he never gave you a chance as a batsman. When he was in, he made sure he got a hundred. He used to just rotate the strike. Any yorker down leg side or slightly off-line, he used to hit us for four, and that used to annoy me as a bowler. That's why he was so successful and so difficult a batsman to bowl to.

I loved the wickets in New Zealand. I got so many wickets there because of the conditions. The ball always swings there, always seams, and I enjoyed bowling there. I got so many wickets against New Zealand, but Martin Crowe every time got runs. It shows the quality of his technique and his temperament.

He was very quiet as a batsman. He was not a sort of batsman who would hit a four and then stare at you or come back at you. He was very calm, his concentration was 100% every delivery, he was always aware about his field. He always knew what was happening around him, whether the ball had actually started reversing. They eventually realised what reverse swing was. In 1991-92, nobody knew how to play reverse swing; only Martin Crowe, I reckon.

He just played for inswing. He didn't look at the shine, he didn't look at the wrist, he only went at every ball as an inswinger, and when the ball is reverse-swinging, that is the technique.

He realised it early on that if the ball is swinging, or late reverse-swinging, he has to play the inswing, guard his pads and guard his stumps. And he realised if the bowlers bowl the away-swinger then he will get beaten but won't nick it because he won't go for the drive. That's when we bowlers used to get frustrated, bowl slightly fuller, and that's where he used to get runs.

Arvind Srinivasan
8th May 2012, 12:24 PM
^ excellent write up there by wasim....:clap:

Plum
9th May 2012, 10:24 PM
This is incredibly funny:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2012/content/current/story/564117.html

http://www.mayyam.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/145000/145091.2.jpg

Mitchell Starc's appeals came to nothing as the UK Border Agency ordered him to return to Australia to fill in his visa forms correctly © AFP

Enlarge

Related Links
News : Starc news can warm Yorkshire (http://www.mayyam.com/county-cricket-2012/content/story/563271.html)

Players/Officials: Mitchell Starc (http://www.mayyam.com/county-cricket-2012/content/player/311592.html)
Series/Tournaments: England Domestic Season (http://www.mayyam.com/county-cricket-2012/content/series/540666.html)
Teams: Australia (http://www.mayyam.com/australia/content/team/2.html) | England (http://www.mayyam.com/england/content/team/1.html) | Yorkshire (http://www.mayyam.com/yorkshire/content/team/1464.html)

Mitchell Starc (http://www.mayyam.com/ci/content/player/311592.html), the Australia left-arm quick, will not be able to make his Yorkshire debut this week after being deported following a visa error that initially led to him being detained at Heathrow for more than four hours.
He has been instructed to fly halfway around the world, fill in a couple of forms correctly and then fly all the way back again. His girlfriend has been allowed to stay in England.

:lol: - paavam tensala iruppAn ingE endha englis gendiman oru vArathula ivan thirumbi varradhukulla correct paNniduvAnOnnu

Plum
9th May 2012, 10:26 PM
This is even funnier:

With Yorkshire mired in debt, Graves insisted that he would not be paying the return air fare. "We've told them straight, we're not paying the airfare again," he added. "We paid originally but now it's down to them

Plum
9th May 2012, 10:47 PM
http://www.mayyam.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/141000/141055.2.jpg

Whatever you do, Mr Starc keep your signature inside the box and do not use a red pen © Getty Images

Enlarg

There is something depressingly small-minded about the decision of the UK Border Agency to send Mitchell Starc back to Australia because his visa forms were not filled out correctly.
In one inflexible decision, the UK announced to the world that when it comes to the application of the law above the application of common sense it is still capable of proving itself a world leader in the field.

:lol: :rotfl: :bow: - thiruvaasagam!

Plum
9th May 2012, 10:51 PM
More from Hoppsyy:

He is being overly generous. Starc is an international sportsman and as such is coming to England to increase the happiness of the nation, although if this rain continues admittedly not by much. He is not a drug trafficker, an illegal immigrant or somebody trying it on. There are times when a spot of courtesy does not go amiss. There are ways in which these issues can be resolved and flying somebody around the world to fill in a form does not strike you as the best of them.

Britain's Olympians need not worry. On the evidence of Mitchell Starc, the UK Border Agency can be relied upon to be full of nationalistic zeal. All these assumptions of a Fast Track may prove to be untrue. The first Russian weightlifter to be spied walking towards the border will be sent back to Moscow to fill in another form in no time.

wizzy
9th May 2012, 11:28 PM
^Telegraph is keeping mum on this issue..before P_R takes charge..have any Protea players been sent back on visa issues :-)

something to chew on from Procter interview..known ching chan to ECB for peeps who don't know.

As an ICC match referee you were placed in some very difficult situations.

I was, and in the end it cost me. I had an agreement that I was going to be a match referee at the IPL but that was withdrawn. I always had a great relationship with India, but after the Harbhajan Singh incident [Procter banned Harbhajan for three matches - a ban and verdict that were subsequently overturned - for allegedly making racist comments to Australian Andrew Symonds] I've had huge problems in the country.

The situation at The Oval in 2006 [where Pakistan refused to resume after tea, when the umpire, Darrell Hair, accused them of ball-tampering] was difficult. The ICC has changed now - there's no way a match referee would be expected to decide on their own what should happen in a situation like that - a situation which would decide whether a Test could continue or not.

But it was the Harbhajan Singh incident that really did for me. I've replayed that episode quite a lot in my mind. I've thought about what else I could have done. All I can say is this: I would do all the same things again.

As I say, I had a signed contract with the IPL. But one or two board members didn't want me and that was that. It's been a very costly incident.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/563437.html

wizzy
10th May 2012, 10:05 AM
About freaking time.

The ICC is to review the playing condition regarding lbw decisions in international cricket in response to the emergence of the switch hit.

ESPNcricinfo understands that the ICC cricket committee, a group that includes Ian Bishop, Kumar Sangakkara and Mark Taylor, is to consider amending the playing condition whereby a batsman attempting to play the shot cannot be given out lbw if the ball has pitched outside the leg stump.

The news, first mentioned in passing in The Guardian, will mean that any right-handed batsman who switches his stance or grip to effectively play as a left-hander, will be able to be given out even if the ball had pitched outside the leg stump and vice-versa. Bowlers will also be allowed more leeway as regards leg side wides in limited-overs cricket. The cricket committee meets in Dubai later this month.

While any recommendations cannot come into force until they are ratified by the ICC board and the ICC's chief executives' committee, it is unlikely that the cricket committee's proposals would be ignored. The decision will not affect the laws of the game, which are governed by the MCC, leading to the possibility that playing conditions in first-class cricket around the world will differ from playing conditions in the international game. It is up to each national board to determine whether to adopt the ICC's playing conditions in their domestic cricket. While some boards - including those in Sri Lanka and South Africa - tend to default to the ICC stance, others - such as the ECB - are more independent minded. At present the major differences between ICC playing regulations and MCC laws concern the rules regarding the degree of flexion bowlers are allowed, the use of runners and decisions relating to the DRS.

The MCC is also considering the repercussions of the more regular use of the switch hit stroke. Two members of the MCC's laws subcommittee - Dave Richardson and John Stephenson - also sit on the ICC Cricket Committee.

The switch hit first came to prominence in 2008 when Kevin Pietersen played it in an ODI against New Zealand in Durham. The same batsman was involved when matters came to a head in a Test in Sri Lanka recently when Tillakaratne Dilshan pulled out of his delivery stride on several occasions as Pietersen shaped to play the shot and the stand-off threatened to reach stalemate. The umpires, Asad Rauf and Bruce Oxenford, warned Pietersen for time-wasting, but the ICC is now looking for a more permanent solution.

The ICC will be keen not to encourage negative bowling, however. The shot is sometimes played, even at Test level, to counter a leg stump line from right-hand bowlers coming round the wicket and many feel that the switch hit, a shot requiring high skill levels and remarkable reflexes, has been an entertaining addition to the game. It may also be that the ICC asks for some analysis as regards the risk-reward ratio of the shot and whether its usage really does disadvantage bowlers.

Any amendment to the playing conditions is likely to prove torturously difficult to phrase. For a start, it could prove tough to define exactly what constitutes a switch hit - whether it involves a change of stance, a change of grip and when they take place. It is worth noting that the ICC, reacting to David Warner's decision to remain in his normal left-handed stance but with a right-handed grip, issued a directive to umpires in February 2010 that stated such a tactic should be tolerated as long as it did not change once the bowler had begun their run up. As things stand the laws do not define what it means to bat left- or right-handed.

Fraser Stewart, MCC's Laws Manager, recently raised an interesting quandary. "What would happen," Stewart asked, "if a batsman stood chest on to the bowler? If may sound a ludicrous suggestion now, but we have a generation of young cricketers growing up playing the switch hit and prepared to experiment with their stance and their grip. It may well happen."

enna logic edhu..how many int. bats have a chest-on stance :banghead:

ajithfederer
10th May 2012, 06:37 PM
Dave Richardson recommended as chief executive

ICC news

ESPNcricinfo staff
May 10, 2012

Dave Richardson, the former South Africa wicketkeeper and ICC general manager - cricket, has been recommended by the ICC board to succeed Haroon Lorgat as chief executive. The board will make its recommendation at the ICC annual conference in June, when Lorgat term ends.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/current/story/564339.html

wizzy
10th May 2012, 06:55 PM
^seems with CSK losing streak Seenu maama has lost all his marbles...first it was clipping President powers to make the CEO all the more resourceful and now acceded to this ECB arrangement :neutral:

Plum
10th May 2012, 09:09 PM
Here starts the ECB Camel taking over the ICC tent officially also(unofficially they rule anyway).

Feeyaar vekkapttu vEdhanaipadum nAL tholaivil illai. Or who knows he might justify ECB's actions till the cows come home irrespective of merit...

P_R
11th May 2012, 07:33 AM
Proctor and Gamble mookkaalazhugai enna thideernu?

enna logic edhu..how many int. bats have a chest-on stance :banghead: naaLaikku idhuvum nadakkum. makkaL adhaiyum rasippAnga-nu solradhA eduththukittEn.

P_R
11th May 2012, 07:36 AM
Here starts the ECB Camel taking over the ICC tent officially also(unofficially they rule anyway).
Feeyaar vekkapttu vEdhanaipadum nAL tholaivil illai. Or who knows he might justify ECB's actions till the cows come home irrespective of merit...
Richardson-ai solreengaLA? avanai paththi yEdhAvadhu history geography?

UDRS fetish theriyin...I meant apart from that.

P_R
11th May 2012, 08:37 AM
david hopps, a writer who migrated from guardian to cricinfo recently, the inside story being the insufferable ways of Mike Selvey in guardian and his typical English araajagam and class-based attitude
idhai paththi linku edhunaa...

Google paNNi pArththEn..oNNum agappadalai.

wizzy
11th May 2012, 10:24 PM
apparently Giles Clarke/Seenu Maama are eying ICC chairmanship hence this gentleman agreement

The Indian power brokers will now turn their attention to the newly created post of ICC chairman.

Giles Clarke, the chairman of the England and Wales Cricket Board, was part of the interview panel and on the surface it would appear Collier’s snub eases his own path to the ICC chairmanship with the board unwilling to have its top two jobs filled by representatives from the same country.

But with the appointment of Richardson India's board has flexed its muscles once more and their own chairman, N Srinivasan, is keen for the chairmanship of the ICC.

Clarke can only win the election with the Indian board’s support.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/9258494/Ex-South-Africa-wicketkeeper-David-Richardson-pips-David-Collier-to-ICC-role.html

Plum
11th May 2012, 10:35 PM
idhai paththi linku edhunaa...

Google paNNi pArththEn..oNNum agappadalai.

linklAm illai, Guardian blog comments-la adichupPAnga. Selvey being the lord labakku doss in Guardian, Selvey(Gounds)- Hopps(senthil) mAdhiri loLLu paNNuvAr publicA. argument naduvula "nee en tea boy dhAnE, pOi taeyum sandwichum koNdu vA" apdinnu (literalA nAn ezhudhinA mAdhiriyE) solluvAr hopps kitta :lol:

oru kattathula Hopps nondhu pOi resign paNNittu Cricinfola join AyittAr

wizzy
12th May 2012, 05:44 PM
Seenu Maama is going all out for ICC post..building bridges with Pak by inviting Sialkot for Champs trophy..looking at his desperation he might even arrange a bilateral series before world t-20.

ajithfederer
13th May 2012, 10:41 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/525486_10150795507172555_18429207554_9561035_11738 34620_n.jpg

Cricket in Berlin: Ours is a sport well suited to Germans, says Fabian Muir - if their potential were harnessed, they could combine the physicality of the South Africans, the mental strength of the Australians and the analytical prowess of the British | http://es.pn/J1z4Zo

P_R
13th May 2012, 11:33 AM
I think it is common for many Germans to work in England.
ippovE sollu vAikkiREn.

wizzy
13th May 2012, 11:58 AM
I think it is common for many Germans to work in England.
ippovE sollu vAikkiREn.

that would be scrapping the bottom of the barrel if the krauts were to play cricket for Eng :lol:

ajithfederer
13th May 2012, 12:44 PM
Naanga adhayum kalaippom.

ippovE sollu vAikkiREn.

P_R
13th May 2012, 01:17 PM
Neenga dhAn Ireland, Scotland-aiyE oththukka mAtreengaLE. En POV-yai sonnEn. appuRam unga team captain vandhu eng senjappuRam expost justification kudukkuREnnu sollidakkoodaadhu paarunga.

P_R
13th May 2012, 01:18 PM
that would be scrapping the bottom of the barrel if the krauts were to play cricket for Eng :lol:
emmadhamum sammadhamE

ajithfederer
13th May 2012, 01:30 PM
Ummala vitta Sermans WW-2 kaalathulaye velai senjaanga idhellam Jagajamnnu solluveer.

wizzy
13th May 2012, 01:48 PM
^his next pattern of defense will be 'amam Eng'lum German'um onnukulla onnu' :lol2:

Plum
13th May 2012, 09:54 PM
Neenga dhAn Ireland, Scotland-aiyE oththukka mAtreengaLE. En POV-yai sonnEn. appuRam unga team captain vandhu eng senjappuRam expost justification kudukkuREnnu sollidakkoodaadhu paarunga.

seivAnganu therinju dhAnE mun jAmIn? BTW, I think Jade Dernbach has German background. So, ungAlunga already alertA indha vElaiya paNNiyAchu :lol:

Plum
13th May 2012, 10:45 PM
I spoke too soon. Jade Dernbach was born in - guess where - Johannesberg :lol:
However, moved to England as a kid and is a product of Surrey Academy so I have no problem with this case. What I have a problem with is "oru czech plumber England varradhu sagajam so Czech born can play cricket for England even if he played for Czech last week in ICC Associates tournament". I am still laughing our moderator cannot understand simple logic.

ajithfederer
14th May 2012, 11:40 AM
Ok p_r Take some Inglish(err, Irish) love for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX1-QAuiE_o

EOIN MORGAN 103 V AUSTRALIA 2010, AMAZING INNINGS!(HD)

P_R
14th May 2012, 11:45 AM
Ummala vitta Sermans WW-2 kaalathulaye velai senjaanga idhellam Jagajamnnu solluveer.

jeyichchOmla. eppudeee

P_R
14th May 2012, 11:46 AM
enakku Muruganai avvaLavA pudikkAdhu. Slogger. Bleddy Irish fellow :lol2:

wizzy
14th May 2012, 12:00 PM
still Eng pundits consider Murugan to be their bestest player of spin and a second coming of Andy flower w.r.t reverse sweeps :lol2:

P_R
14th May 2012, 12:06 PM
avanga consider paNNadhukkellAm ennai javaabdhaariyA ninaikkureenga paarunga, anga dhaan neenga ellAm thappu paNreenga.

Plum
14th May 2012, 09:47 PM
WW-II - amerikkan padaigaL France-la land AgAma irundhA therinjirukkum sEdhi. appayum foreign helpOda dhAn jeyichAnga :lol:

P_R
14th May 2012, 10:03 PM
I have never seen this earlier :oops:

Graeme Pollock: enna adi !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYE0YGDLIKo

wizzy
15th May 2012, 10:04 AM
:lol: @ cougar cricket

HonestRaj
16th May 2012, 07:25 PM
http://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/news/item/190127-australia-cricket-captain-michael-clarke-marries

Sydney: http://sports.ndtv.com/images/stories/clarkemarriage300451.jpgAustralia cricket captain Michael Clarke has married his model girlfriend Kyly Boldy in a secret ceremony in the Hunter Valley north of Sydney.

Clarke posted photos and tweeted on Wednesday, "Happiest guy in the world. Married (at)KylyBoldy yesterday in front of our gorgeous families. Couldn't be happier!"

Boldy followed suit on her Twitter site, saying, "luckiest woman in the world! Married (at)MClarke23 on the 15th of May 2012. Greatest day of my life, so proud to be your Wife."

Clarke was previously engaged to model Lara Bingle. During Australia's cricket tour of New Zealand in March 2010, Clarke left the tour to return to Sydney for "personal reasons," and he later confirmed the couple decided to call off their engagement.

wizzy
17th May 2012, 11:17 AM
never knew Jackers was born in India..strangely most of them are bats :lol:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/564591.html

wizzy
17th May 2012, 05:44 PM
Windies survive the first session 83/2..

Arvind Srinivasan
17th May 2012, 07:20 PM
WI- just throwing it away.....Barath- just a rank bad shot to get out and the lesser said about the Bravo run out the better. Hopefully Chanders holds fort. Has looked the part till now..

ajithfederer
17th May 2012, 09:33 PM
187/6

Chanderpaul/Sammy batting. Camaan Windies.

Arvind Srinivasan
17th May 2012, 09:43 PM
Chanderpaul- WI's lynchpin :clap:

ajithfederer
17th May 2012, 09:56 PM
Happa. Seeing a test match after nearly 2 months of IPL./ Kannu ippo than palichunu theiryudhu/

ajithfederer
17th May 2012, 09:57 PM
Chander's stance :rotfl: :oops:

wizzy
17th May 2012, 10:04 PM
Happa. Seeing a test match after nearly 2 months of IPL./ Kannu ippo than palichunu theiryudhu/

it is like watching a silent movie..seems like each time 4 is hit/wkt falls applause sound effect is played :lol:

ajithfederer
17th May 2012, 10:09 PM
DRS Time

Broad against Chanders. Aleem dar the umpire.

PARAMASHIVAN
17th May 2012, 10:14 PM
Come on WI !

ajithfederer
17th May 2012, 10:15 PM
Sammy out.

PARAMASHIVAN
17th May 2012, 10:16 PM
ShivaNarayanan Chandrapalan come on !

P_R
17th May 2012, 10:21 PM
Broad, Anderson. :clap:
Pity only one of them can get a 5-for today.

PARAMASHIVAN
17th May 2012, 10:23 PM
Broad, Anderson. :clap:
Pity only one of them can get a 5-for today.

setha pamba Adikirathuku ivalavU vara vetrpa :)

wizzy
17th May 2012, 10:42 PM
Chanders stance is ripe for switch hits :-)

P_R
17th May 2012, 10:46 PM
Chanders stance is ripe for switch hits :-)

Chest on stance-nu sonnadhukku siricheengaLE.
ivanai edhula sEkkuradhu?

wizzy
17th May 2012, 10:54 PM
Chest on stance-nu sonnadhukku siricheengaLE.
ivanai edhula sEkkuradhu?

he is almost leg-side on looking @ square leg umpire :lol:

Arvind Srinivasan
17th May 2012, 11:42 PM
Broad :clap:....one of the most improved bowlers in the last 6-7 months....Would like to see as to how he goes about things in the indian subcontinent though

P_R
18th May 2012, 01:07 AM
Read the wicket descriptions. Lovely. padikkumbOdhE classicalA irukku :lol2:

youtube-la hailights yArAvadhu pOdura varaikkin pArkka mudiyAdhu

PARAMASHIVAN
18th May 2012, 02:38 PM
Hopes Shiv makes his century !

wizzy
18th May 2012, 06:39 PM
Trott is lucky to be still around...DRS :bow:

Sammy to Trott, no run, 118.1 kph, fullish, on the stumps and Trott misses with a flick across the line. Was that lbw? West Indies are going to review it ... Trott could be in trouble here, unless the ball was sliding down leg. Replays suggest it would have hit, but it was just the right side of leg stump's centre line from Trott's point of view, so it stays with the umpire's call! Lummy, that looked good enough to me

Sammy to Trott, no run, 124.6 kph, length ball and there's a sound as it passes the bat. Half-hearted appeal from Sammy and Ramdin but there doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm ... only for Hot Spot to suggest Trott did in fact nick it! Trott's must have had Lucky Charms for breakfast

Arvind Srinivasan
18th May 2012, 10:54 PM
WI bowling exposed here. Probably trott's early dismissal could have triggered a much better performance. But all speculations aside, with the conditions available, the bowlers should have got much more. The match's turned one sided....

Plum
18th May 2012, 11:17 PM
no no adhu engaL South African...Sorry England batsmenin thiRamai. WI Bowling not to be blamed

sathya_1979
18th May 2012, 11:35 PM
nadu naduvula Umpire, DRS idhellaam sErthukkaNum!

ajithfederer
20th May 2012, 11:37 AM
Whoa!!!. Finally i got my hands around this great video. I had this long time back but I lost it during the transition of time. D/l it right away and almost 75% done now. P_R May be you should check this out and d/l it asap. Classic stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCNoKQABZEs

ajithfederer
20th May 2012, 07:55 PM
Marlon Samuels - Good knock man. Could have hit a 100 :clap:.

ajithfederer
20th May 2012, 08:03 PM
Holy fuck - Chanderpaul out for 91 :shitee:

ajithfederer
20th May 2012, 08:07 PM
DRS at it again.

Swann to Chanderpaul, OUT, and Swann does it in his first over again! Chanderpaul sweeps, hit on the front pad, given lbw - but he asks for the review. It pitched outside off and went on with the arm, not much turn, hit just below the knee ... The only question is if it's hitting any of leg. And it is, clipping the stump - if the umpire had said no it wouldn't have been enough to overturn. Chanderpaul goes for 91 on the brink of tea!
S Chanderpaul lbw b Swann 91 (250b 10x4 0x6) SR: 36.40

P_R
20th May 2012, 09:05 PM
if the umpire had said no it wouldn't have been enough to overturn
As simple as that.
edhukku DRS mEla kOvappadureenga?

ajithfederer
20th May 2012, 09:11 PM
How many extra provisions to call a simple out/Not out.

V_S
20th May 2012, 09:13 PM
Sammy.. Is that a playable ball in test cricket? No temperament at all from a captain.

ajithfederer
20th May 2012, 10:00 PM
West Indies :clap:. For making a decent match out of this. if only Shiv had 2/3 supports and Narine played in test matches.

kid-glove
20th May 2012, 10:48 PM
Come on Windhiya,

Strauss, he has that irritating smile even when he gets out. Sort it out you wanker.

wizzy
20th May 2012, 10:56 PM
Nass mourning already :lol:

ajithfederer
20th May 2012, 10:57 PM
Camaan windi 1-2 more wkts.

wizzy
20th May 2012, 10:58 PM
8 to go..

wizzy
20th May 2012, 10:58 PM
Jimmy was hoping to review it :lol:

kid-glove
20th May 2012, 11:00 PM
:lol:

kid-glove
20th May 2012, 11:02 PM
'Fractions. Aleem Dar right side of fractions.' seringa oppicer.

wizzy
20th May 2012, 11:04 PM
Trott survives to die tomorrow..Kemar :clap:

ajithfederer
20th May 2012, 11:05 PM
One more. Get Trottt

Arvind Srinivasan
21st May 2012, 01:00 AM
Hope WI dont squander this position of strength....THey've been in good positions before only to lose the match from that point. They have a good chance to topple the English.....Kemar Roach...:clap:
Chanderpaul...Whatta player...:clap: :clap:

venkkiram
21st May 2012, 01:18 AM
Roach :notworthy:

venkkiram
21st May 2012, 01:20 AM
Chanderpaul & Samuels

Wonderful partnership!

ajithfederer
21st May 2012, 09:57 AM
P_r Whom do you favor between Trescothick and Cook as an Opening bat. For me even though, Cook has hit more 100's Tresco looks more exciting and has played far incisive. Cook is dead wood Borin, IMO. (Thoughts after watchin the Ashes video)

P_R
21st May 2012, 11:04 AM
Tresco definitely. And Butcher before that. Good flair, which Cook doesn't have.

But I don't consider Cook as dead as is the consensus here. He's quite a toughie. You mean the double century at Gabba? Extremely selective in what he plays. Good innings 'nga.

PARAMASHIVAN
21st May 2012, 02:52 PM
England against a "setha pambu" team :rotfl3: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Lord save the queen!

raajarasigan
21st May 2012, 03:36 PM
Come on Windies!! (indha maadhiri yethana tayam support panniruppen... but always, losing out in the end)..

wizzy
21st May 2012, 04:25 PM
KP gony...Eng batting lineup with Swann @ 11 :shaking:

venkkiram
21st May 2012, 04:29 PM
சமையல் காரனையும் வீட்டுக்கு அனுப்பிட்டு மணி அடிச்சிடுங்க.

Arvind Srinivasan
21st May 2012, 05:35 PM
England going along nicely here....WI need wickets asap if they want to be in contention....

P_R
21st May 2012, 07:03 PM
Broad, Cook, Bell....ellaam allowed players dhaanEppA...pArAtturadhukku munnAdi edhukkum kEttukkuREn :lol2:

P_R
21st May 2012, 07:23 PM
2 more
Crush 'em.
Come on.

nEththu reNdE reNdu wicket, adhula oNNu nightwatchman Anderson - adhukkE Roach-ai aahaa-oohoo-aahaahaa-nu orE manappAl.
yEdhO oru thadavai Jerome Taylor wicket eduththAnnA, adhukkAga adhaiyE edhirpArkkuradhA? :huh:

oru ball kooda pAkka mudiyalai :-( Highlights youtube-la irukkA?

wizzy
21st May 2012, 07:27 PM
there you are flexing the muscles after huffing-puffing against Windies attack :lol2:

P_R
21st May 2012, 07:38 PM
Wait and see Roach-Fidel attack -nu ellAm pEsunAinga. :lol2:
Villadhi Villain courtbird to Gounder: Iyer pinniruvaar

I was surprised that Ramdin-Sammy were allowed to extend the score. It should have been tighter. That was the only thing I felt England didn't do well.
But I had no doubt at all that 190 was easy, even if England lost early wickets.

wizzy
21st May 2012, 07:53 PM
P_R last time Lords test was over by 3 days... Windies medhuva thaen varuvaanga :lol: Roach did bowl well..beat the bat and he was unlucky..Rampaul would have been handful..hope he gets fit by next test.

skysports 1 live @ stream 2.. http://onlinetvmaster.com/watch-sky-sports-1-uk/

highlights @ http://crickethighlights2.com/west-indies-vs-england-1st-day-highlights-1st-test-17-5-2012/

ajithfederer
21st May 2012, 08:06 PM
Enga IPL Narine varattum ya! Neengellam egiringala illayannu paartharom :twisted:

wizzy
21st May 2012, 08:16 PM
Gayle force eppo free thane..pliss go and report for national duty

VinodKumar's
21st May 2012, 09:11 PM
Enga IPL Narine varattum ya! Neengellam egiringala illayannu paartharom :twisted:

Gayle force eppo free thane..pliss go and report for national duty

Sammy and coach is ready to welcome him.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-west-indies-2012/content/current/story/565697.html

Sarwan :( - http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-west-indies-2012/content/current/story/565699.html

venkkiram
21st May 2012, 09:18 PM
Pozhaichi ponga!

Plum
21st May 2012, 10:24 PM
Windies mEla nambi bet kattinadhu yAruppA? :lol:

South AfricansE adi vAngittyu Poga pORainga - indha seththa pAmbu windies emmai enna seyyum? We are the champions, we are the #1
We are the champions, we are the #1
We are the champions, we are the #1We are the champions, we are the #1
We are the champions, we are the #1We are the champions, we are the #1We are the champions, we are the #1We are the champions, we are the #1We are the champions, we are the #1We are the champions, we are the #1We are the champions, we are the #1

wizzy
21st May 2012, 10:32 PM
Plum, Windies with a complete noob lineup sans Chanders are far more competitive than we were..Nass didn't miss a single opportunity to rub it in :lol2: whtya fall from glory..as you said before whitewash confirmed @ home :neutral:

Plum
21st May 2012, 10:44 PM
Yes, last summer was a case of India being catastrophically clueless. Basically, I have been saying all along - early 200sla oru 5-6 player avangaLukkuLL pOttukitta oru thaayin sabadham dhAn India doing well in tests and getting to #1. adhukkappuRam adhai sondha koNdAdinavanga ellAm totally exposed - basically, when these players failed personally, India became pathetic again.

It was always downt o these 5-6 players. They'll remain the greatest Indian cricket-clique ever.

ajithfederer
21st May 2012, 10:58 PM
Last summer aa?. Winterum dhan.

ajithfederer
23rd May 2012, 01:26 PM
I was talking about Ashes 2005 series and the video i posted here. In general I've always liked Tresco. Quite an attacking player. Has a better aggressive approach to the game and doesn't bore the audience(even in Tests), IMO. Exciting ODI player too :yes:.

Cook sema blade-nga. In Tests. Nothing attractive about his approach. Eppidi than Tests la avan batting ellam paakuraangalo.

Tresco definitely. And Butcher before that. Good flair, which Cook doesn't have.

But I don't consider Cook as dead as is the consensus here. He's quite a toughie. You mean the double century at Gabba? Extremely selective in what he plays. Good innings 'nga.

Siv.S
23rd May 2012, 02:02 PM
PCB sees India as potential hosts for Australia series

Zaka Ashraf, the PCB chairman, has hinted at asking India to host a limited-overs series between Pakistan and Australia later this year. Pakistan are seeking a venue for the series after Sri Lanka's refusal to stage it.

Ashraf, who has been invited by the BCCI to watch the IPL final in Chennai on Sunday, said he will discuss the idea with the Indian board officials, but maintained the main agenda would be to revive bilateral cricketing ties between India and Pakistan.

The other possible venues for the series are Malaysia, South Africa and Zimbabwe. The series was scheduled to comprise five one-dayers and three T20Is to help the sides prepare for the World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka, which begins on September 18.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan/content/current/story/565906.html

Arvind Srinivasan
23rd May 2012, 07:19 PM
^ Dont see this happening...BCCI domestic match nadathunum oru poiyaa solittu maruthuruvaanga....

raajarasigan
25th May 2012, 05:08 PM
WI :evil: toss win paNNittu periya Lord labakku doss mAdhiri batting edukkaRathu .. Sammy :hammer:

wizzy
25th May 2012, 06:35 PM
hi quality phast bowling for the past 1/2 hour..whtya scrap :clap:

Arvind Srinivasan
25th May 2012, 06:41 PM
WI failing to make things count with a good batting wicket...Their consistency or the lack of it in their batting is clearly a perennial problem for them....At least they should call in Gayle for the next match..Sure this doesn't solve their problems considering Gayle is a hit or miss kind of a cricketer in tests. But it will give them that much needed impetus to go ad seize the advantage and can be demoralizing factor if he gets a good going.

Arvind Srinivasan
25th May 2012, 06:42 PM
And dont forget Sunil Narine. He is worth a go in tests imho.....

V_S
25th May 2012, 11:33 PM
Samuels is batting brilliantly. :notworthy: He should carry on tomorrow as well to go past 200. Sammy should also get going with a century, then it will be wonderful contest to watch. Not less than 400 would be enough.

Arvind Srinivasan
26th May 2012, 01:03 AM
Couldn't watch the match unfortunately...Hope to catch the highlights....in anycase...Samuels...:clap: :clap: and Sammy :clap:

Arvind Srinivasan
26th May 2012, 03:54 PM
Sammy's got his hundred and that too with a streaky four....Guess it took him some time to realize his achievement...was a very unusual reaction from him...:lol:

Arvind Srinivasan
26th May 2012, 05:50 PM
Well Well Well!!! Wicket of a a no ball...Gonna cost them

Arvind Srinivasan
26th May 2012, 10:47 PM
England 259/2 at stumps with Strauss getting his second ton in consecutive matches and pietersen 72 not out...Strong reply from england....

P_R
28th May 2012, 12:41 AM
61/6 :rotfl:

மனப்பால் குடிச்சவங்க எல்லாம் வரிசையா Queue கட்டி நிக்கணும் ஜக்கம்மா.

Arvind Srinivasan
28th May 2012, 01:23 AM
Seri... T20 overkill mudinji konjam test cricket paakalaana, match intha gathilla irukku....Sammy, Samuels -atleast take the match to two sessions....oru 100-150 runs aathu chasing kundunga paa....

PARAMASHIVAN
28th May 2012, 03:34 PM
Feey Yaar

Ingleend against "setha bambu" team :rotfl:

Plum
28th May 2012, 04:44 PM
England dhAnga jeyikkum. nAn dhAn sonnEnE. idhu seththa pAmbu as FAramu says. Watch our mApla talends against uyiruLLa pAmbus Steyn, Philander, Kallis, Smith, Amla, Devill etc

PARAMASHIVAN
28th May 2012, 06:05 PM
"Another 50 runs could give England a few nervy moments" :lol2:

P_R
28th May 2012, 09:46 PM
Crushed them.
I want innings defeat the next time.
Go into Basil D'Olivera roaring and rampaging.

PARAMASHIVAN
28th May 2012, 10:07 PM
Crushed them.
I want innings defeat the next time.
Go into Basil D'Olivera roaring and rampaging.

Setha pamba adikirathila enna oru avEsam :lol2:

wizzy
29th May 2012, 11:05 PM
We should be saying our group is as good as them," Saker said. "You can compare them. The Australians were stand-out bowlers, a great group for a long time and they also had a world-class spinner. Glenn McGrath and Shane Warne in tandem were amazing, but I have seen some spells from Jimmy Anderson and Graeme Swann that have been just as good or better at times. It's important we don't forget the ability of Swanny when he comes in around the three quicks. That's really important.

"McGrath was the stand-out in that group but they had Brett Lee, Jason Gillespie and Andy Bichel, too: they were all fantastic bowlers. It's a bit like when Jimmy and Swann bowl together - it is not unlike McGrath and Warne at times. There is so much pressure on the batsmen.

blasphemy..OZ attack also had Stuart Macgill who would have made it to most of the test sides at that time and not to forget OZ were never whitewashed in the subcontinent :mrgreen:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-west-indies-2012/content/current/story/566645.html

Plum
30th May 2012, 10:55 PM
Wizzy - England dhAnga jeyikkum

Arvind Srinivasan
31st May 2012, 10:16 AM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-west-indies-2012/content/current/story/566743.html

Narine in for injured Roach....:thumbsup:...apiidiye Gaylelayum kootiittu vaanga paaa

wizzy
31st May 2012, 03:56 PM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-west-indies-2012/content/current/story/566743.html

Narine in for injured Roach....:thumbsup:...apiidiye Gaylelayum kootiittu vaanga paaa

how long before Narine is called for pelting by BskyB Commies..with his history I say Day 2 :lol:

wizzy
31st May 2012, 04:27 PM
KP retires from ODIes :shock: Andy Flower/IPL effect?

wizzy
31st May 2012, 04:32 PM
:lol: @ Gangs

http://i49.tinypic.com/2lvqx4.jpg

raajarasigan
31st May 2012, 05:15 PM
KP retires from ODIes :shock: Andy Flower/IPL effect?England team'kku ODI aAdinA vERenna paNNa mudiyin... thAi nAttukku aAdummA nee... :lol2:

Arvind Srinivasan
31st May 2012, 05:26 PM
how long before Narine is called for pelting by BskyB Commies..with his history I say Day 2 :lol:

:lol: All is required is Narine running through the England line up and one guy starting it in commentary with Michael Vaughan following it up in twitter

Arvind Srinivasan
31st May 2012, 05:29 PM
Very surprised that Pietersen's retired from LOIs...Its not that he's been in poor form. Rather he was belting it out in the IPL....Will be sorely missed when England land up in SL for the T20 WC

raajarasigan
31st May 2012, 05:52 PM
ODI'la mattum thAnE retire aAgi irukkAr.. T20 WC aaduvApla..

Arvind Srinivasan
31st May 2012, 06:34 PM
Illa Raaja...he's retired from both with immediate effect....

http://http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/content/current/story/566801.html

VinodKumar's
31st May 2012, 09:15 PM
As per ECB contract if you are not available for ODI then you are ruled out for T20 also. Anyway wishes for his test career. The pace at which he was scoring test centuries was little threatening but appdiyae normal ku vantaan :).

wizzy
31st May 2012, 09:24 PM
KP should fake an injury and skip the series against Proteas and prove his worth to ECB :evil:

Plum
31st May 2012, 09:31 PM
He retired from ODIs because the boar dkin dof made it clear to him that he wasnt in their ODI plans. Because o fthe cotnract, that meant he had to retire from T20s also. I guess Englan dhave an abundance of batsmen so they didnt need him in ODIs.
This should be a good lesson to aspiring south africans who want to settle in London and play for England - enna dhAn eNNaiya thEchukittu porandAlum, nee "avangaLLA" orutthan illappu. konjam form iRanginAlum thookkiduvAnga. idhukku thAi nAttulEyE avamanathai sagichukittirukkalAm.

Punch: thAi nAttai purakkaNiththu etthargaLukku thuNai pOgum ovvoru dhrogikkum idhu dhAn iRudhu nilai. Jonathan Trott, tera number bhi aayega. You just wait.

Plum
31st May 2012, 09:35 PM
background music for KP- senjORRu kadan theerkkA sErAdha idam sErndhu vanjaththil veezhndhAyadA, Kevin, vanjagan Giles ClarkeadA...

Actually, Wizzy I have a better idea - KP should simply play for South Africa in the upcoming series. YOu say it is not possible - ofcourse it is possible. Eoin Morgan played for Ireland and England within a week. So did Ed Joyce. ICC rules must be examined by South African board and KP made an offer he cannot refuse. nAn indha ICC politicsla illAma pOyittEnE - indha England thiruttu payaluvagaLai kaNNula veralai vittu Atti iruppEn.

VinodKumar's
31st May 2012, 09:40 PM
Better replace Smith with KP and play against England in England ;)

Plum
31st May 2012, 09:43 PM
Suppose KP had been an Englishman who had defected to South Africa, England would have played this game and shocked the world by getting him to play for England in the upcoming series. They have the cunning and wherewithal to make it happen. Nobody else -not even Seenu mama - is in the same ball park as their cunning and nAdhArithanam.

wizzy
31st May 2012, 10:02 PM
Plum, KP and Andy are not in talking terms..should have seen this coming with KP being pulled up for a harmless comment on Nick Knight..KP got Chris Gayle to revere and emulate :lol2:

PARAMASHIVAN
31st May 2012, 10:07 PM
Suppose KP had been an Englishman who had defected to South Africa, England would have played this game and shocked the world by getting him to play for England in the upcoming series. They have the cunning and wherewithal to make it happen. Nobody else -not even Seenu mama - is in the same ball park as their cunning and nAdhArithanam.

Deko Fee yaar

Idhar aaU :yessir:

P_R
1st June 2012, 03:57 PM
vaaganam on KP (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/international/england/9303729/Kevin-Pietersen-must-prove-to-Andrew-Strauss-and-Andy-Flower-he-is-committed-to-Englands-Ashes-cause.html) :lol:

England have bent over backwards to accommodate Pietersen in 50-over cricket. They allowed him to open, which gives him the longest time to bat, and it appeared to spark in him a buzz for the game.
:lol:
poi solradhulayum oru aLavu vENdAmA dA
ODI open paNRadhukku aaL illaama dhaan KP-ai open paNNa vachhAinga.

Has he moved on from England in the way that Chris Gayle moved away from the West Indies? enga varaan paartheengaLA :lol2:

I don't know if he was forced. But as far as forcing someone to choose between a national team and IPL, you won't catch me objecting :noteeth:

wizzy
1st June 2012, 04:13 PM
Vaughanam is taking the piss...whilst IPL is on England play 3-5 home tests depending on the opposition..if KP really did want to shun Eng and play in IPL he could have retired from tests and be available 24/7..his decision to retire from odies was due to his recent ODI form and ECB/Andy being bossy resulted in him quitting from t-20s too.

P_R
1st June 2012, 04:34 PM
.his decision to retire from odies was due to his recent ODI form
Hmm he got back to back to hundreds against Pak, no?

and ECB/Andy being bossy resulted in him quitting from t-20s too. enna aachchu? I know the Nick Knight row? Anything else?

World Cup prachanai ellAm pazhaya matter.

wizzy
1st June 2012, 06:50 PM
P_R check his stats for last 3 years he was about to lose his test place due to his ODI form.

for more on the spat between KP/Andy

The relationship between Pietersen and some of the England team management has not always been as warm as it might be. At the time that Pietersen was pushing for the removal of Peter Moores as England coach, he also wanted Flower removed as batting coach. It took time for Flower and Pietersen to build bridges, and as Steve James reveals in his new book The Plan, the ECB employed conflict-resolution consultants as part of the process. It had seemed that those scars had healed but it is sometimes hard to avoid the conclusion that there is one rule for Pietersen and another for other England players. Stuart Broad, for example, recently referred to unnamed members of the media as "liars" over Twitter and received no reprimand.

about the double standards
But the ECB stance is open to accusations of hypocrisy. Andrew Strauss, for example, was not obliged to "retire" from the ODI side when it became clear that he had no future in T20I cricket. Indeed, in April 2009, when announcing details of Strauss' omission from the World T20 side, Geoff Miller, the national selector, stated: "Andrew and the selectors believe his game is better suited to Test and ODI cricket, and it is for that reason he has not been selected in the preliminary 30-man squad for the forthcoming ICC World Twenty20. Andrew is focused on the Test and ODI formats of the game." If that can work for Strauss, why not Pietersen?The likes of Michael Lumb have been selected only for T20I cricket, while Alastair Cook, the ODI captain, and Jonathan Trott are among those not currently in the T20I side. Why the ECB can take a flexible approach to them and not Pietersen remains unclear. Their intransigence is reminiscent of that of the WICB towards Chris Gayle and Co. Nobody wins in such a situation. There must have been another way.
The difference, the ECB would state, is that Strauss, Lumb, Cook et al remained available for all formats. In truth, Strauss has not played another T20 game since March 2009, even at domestic level, but continued in the ODI team for another two years. He may never have announced his T20I retirement, but sometimes actions speak louder than words.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/current/story/566835.html

P_R
1st June 2012, 08:09 PM
P_R check his stats for last 3 years he was about to lose his test place due to his ODI form. adhellAm theriyin. I am saying, it looked like he was looking up after his performance in UAE and then the test knocks in Lanka.

Andrew Strauss, for example, was not obliged to "retire" from the ODI side when it became clear that he had no future in T20I cricket. idhu sariyAna comparison illeengaLE. Availability is the problem. Regardless of the actions-words homily later in the article.

Anyway I don't actually have a problem if there is one standard for Strauss and another for Pietersen. All I am saying is, it has more to do with his IPLness than Kolpakness - as you and Plum are saying, illaiyA? Of course, idhu 'vanjikkappattai veLiyE irundha vandhavanE'-nu solRadhukku ungaLukku oru saans.

If you want to play IPL and thus want to opt out ODIs then sorry boss, you can't play T20s is what they are saying.
And mind ECB has more to lose, trying to defend the T20 title without KP. Yet they are going ahead - and the way I see it - to warn those who may be salivating at playing IPL at the expense of matches for England.

I have the same sentiments about all. Malinga mEla kooda enakku sandhEgam dhaan.
Regarding Malinga missing out on tests and playing IPL I will have to remark as Flower did when KP returned during the world cup, 'when someone is pain, you don't know what they are going through. You have to take their word for it'. :lol2: idhu naala dhaan ivanai enakku pudikkudhu :-)

wizzy
1st June 2012, 08:47 PM
^KP opinioned sometime ago that Odies are turning into be a farce and they ought to be scrapped and only T20/tests should be the way forward..may be his own non-performance in that format weighed in ;-)

on Strauss getting to chose I could only give you Plum's Pandaribai analogy..win-win situation for all involved :lol:
Malinga was a non-starter in tests even before IPL...can't remember Mali lasting a test series without a injury hiccup so him with his bruised knee choosing to prolong his career by playing limited overs is understandable more so with the kind of financial mess SLC is in.

wizzy
2nd June 2012, 11:52 AM
whats with cricket teams fetish for yellow.. hideous most of the time.

http://i47.tinypic.com/35ineo3.jpg

Siv.S
2nd June 2012, 01:41 PM
whats with cricket teams fetish for yellow.. hideous most of the time.
Athuvum Enga kondu vachirukkan paarunga.... :lol:

Siv.S
3rd June 2012, 03:33 PM
India Avs WI A
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/current/match/562896.html

Rohit Sharma,Mukund,Pujara are there....

Arvind Srinivasan
3rd June 2012, 04:58 PM

:rotfl: semma comedy....

wizzy
3rd June 2012, 08:20 PM
WI-A captain Veerasaamy Perumaul from the match yesterday..manavadu :mrgreen:

http://i47.tinypic.com/28k3rli.jpg

Plum
3rd June 2012, 10:04 PM
idhu sariyAna comparison illeengaLE. Availability is the problem. Regardless of the actions-words homily later in the article.
What does this mean? One rule or Strauss another for Pietersen. idhula obfuscate paNNa enna irukku? apdiyE othukka vENdiyadhu dhAnE? idhula koodavA thayakkam? Enga ellAmE varalarula varumnu carefulA badhil sonnA epdi?

Anyway I don't actually have a problem if there is one standard for Strauss and another for Pietersen. All I am saying is, it has more to do with his IPLness than Kolpakness
If edhukku? uLLanga nellikkani. One standard for natives and one for vandhERis. VandhERis should do their duty and not expect first citizen treatment. iidhu ungaLukku puriyalainA paravA illai - South African vaazh white makkaLukku purinjA sari.
And it has got nothing to do with IPL. KP isnt behaving like he should- grateful to the English masters for giving him a chance - apdi irukkaNum, ivan jealous, Nick Knight sari illainellAm publicA pEsaRan. adimayA latchaNamA vaaya moodikittirukkAma. There was a section of English press and board which made him captain then - Ted Corbett and co put the public nomination and somehow he became captain. But the traditional ECB elements brought him down at the first opportunity.
Andy Flowerai poRuththa varaikkin, KP antagonised him by demanding his removal along with Moores when he was captain. ippO samayam pArththu Andy pazhi vAngaRApla.

- as you and Plum are saying, illaiyA? Of course, idhu 'vanjikkappattai veLiyE irundha vandhavanE'-nu solRadhukku ungaLukku oru saans.
adhu dhAnE uNmai. othukka manasu varAdhE :huh:

If you want to play IPL and thus want to opt out ODIs then sorry boss, you can't play T20s is what they are saying.
Nonsense. This is more to do with cutting KP down to size. As you said, if they had thought so rationally, they would have done this AFTER the T20 world cup. This is a case of their nAdhAri minds jumping ahead of their practical side, and ending up making them do things that they would do more carefully and rationally in another situation.

Really, if I were in the BCCI, I would use this opportunity to actively try to get KP to play for SA. namma seenu mAma's minions avLO creatively think paNdradhA theriyalai. hmm....

And mind ECB has more to lose, trying to defend the T20 title without KP. Yet they are going ahead - and the way I see it - to warn those who may be salivating at playing IPL at the expense of matches for England.
Not at all true. IPL's got nothing to do with it. Where does IPL come in? KP came back to England froM IPL when they needed him. There is no conflict in KP's case between IPL and Country, I mean, international team. England is not his country, is it? Last year also, they took in Morgan right back from IPL into test squad. The fact that they are going ahead despiute the T20 world cup shows how personal vengeance for KP is blidning their eyes. IPL may be culpable only to the extent that KP called England as jealous of IPL.

I have the same sentiments about all. Malinga mEla kooda enakku sandhEgam dhaan. - How despicable! Pehaps, malinga really feels the pain? Perhaps, the chance to make a living with 4 overs per day of matchplay is a Godsend for him? This is ridiculous speculation and gossip against a honest man making his living.

Regarding Malinga missing out on tests and playing IPL I will have to remark as Flower did when KP returned during the world cup, 'when someone is pain, you don't
now what they are going through. You have to take their word for it'. :lol2: idhu naala dhaan ivanai enakku pudikkudhu :-)

Typical Anglo Saxon nAdhAri statement. No wonder you liked it I guess

P_R
4th June 2012, 05:55 AM
What does this mean? One rule or Strauss another for Pietersen. idhula obfuscate paNNa enna irukku? apdiyE othukka vENdiyadhu dhAnE? idhula koodavA thayakkam? Enga ellAmE varalarula varumnu carefulA badhil sonnA epdi?
The difference is highlighted in the article itself. Of course the article says, in reality there is no difference because Strauss has not played domestic T20s and is thus in effect saying he is not available for T20s without actually making such a statement. So it is not as if he is not being picked but is actually not available. And so there is no difference between his case and KP's. I see the point. But, since this is something contractual I think 'not actually expressing unavailability' is not something I ignore away easily.

VandhERis should do their duty and not expect first citizen treatment. Unselected. You are quick to say such things.

iidhu ungaLukku puriyalainA paravA illai - South African vaazh white makkaLukku purinjA sari. purinjA Englandkku varaama irundhuruvAingaLA? :lol2:

As you said, if they had thought so rationally, they would have done this AFTER the T20 world cup.
Btw same applies for KP. If he really wanted to 'defend the T20 world cup' he would have opted out after it. oru 4 maasam veLayAndA enna aayirum?
He wants to pick and choose and ECB said no. ungaLukku ECB pudikkAdhu'nRadhaala, KP-ai kambleetA exonerate paNReengaLE.

Not at all true. IPL's got nothing to do with it. Disagree. It is a career he wants to prolong at the expense of playing for England. If he wants to spend time with family, why not sit out of IPL and do it? No I want to make money by playing T20 in IPL and then opt out of Eng matches - in formats I am able enough to play as demonstrated by my performance in IPL, is his stance. England doesn't allow him to pick and choose as it can encourage many others youngsters to do the same. indha aLavaavadhu oththukkunga.

IPL may be culpable only to the extent that KP called England as jealous of IPL. Oh he did, is it? It is quite true, but saying such things against the establishment is very good behaviour, is it?
Objectionable if anyone would say it. Kolpakness has little to do with it - much as you would like to characterize that the reason ECB took offence is ONLY because of his Kolpakness.

Pehaps, malinga really feels the pain? Perhaps he does. And I am being nasty.

Perhaps, the chance to make a living with 4 overs per day of matchplay is a Godsend for him? adhai paththi ellAm naan edhukkunga kavalai padaNum. Then I will need to care about the well being of KP's financial entity.

Typical Anglo Saxon nAdhAri statement. No wonder you liked it I guess appuRam eppadi dhaan thitradhu? There is no doubting KP's integrity, we respect his opinions. He always puts Eng ahead of himself and I have no doubt in my mind he would've borne the pain, if it were possible. The very fact that he revised his opinion is a testament to the intensity of his pain. We will all miss him but we empathize with him in our World Cup campaign but we hope he recovers soon and joins us - appadinnu Andy Flower solli irukkaNumA?

Actually even that is a nice technique- smother him with accolades like that. What is the procedure to be hired as aRikkai-writer. Part-timeA kooda seyvEn.
Imagine starting thus: KP says he is in pain; And KP is an honourable man :lol2:

Here is an article by someone quite critical of ECB (considers it worse than BCCI!), who likes KP, acknowledges Flower paaltics etc. and yet feels KP was trying to have the best of all: http://www.thesightscreen.com/post-match-opinions/darker-shade-of-grey/
Padichuttu, kOvappadaama, karuththu sollunga.

As I told him on twitter, I found this good reading because my opinion is neither informed or balanced, when it comes to T20s. Palestine will recognize Israel before I recognize T20 as a format. So anything that to undercut T20, its major vehicle IPL, and frustrate players who choose it over playing for their nation - is something I will be hesitant to criticize.

P_R
4th June 2012, 06:11 AM
And there is just no doubt whatsoever that England is doing this to 'prove a point'. There is no denying a personal angle to it - cutting KP down to size. But that's surely not all. It is by sending message to all kids out there - Kolpak or otherwise. And England wants to make this point so badly that they are even willing to significantly reduce their chances in ODIs and T20s.Note KP got centuries in his last two ODI matches. IMO it is quite daring of Flower to drop KP now, when he has so much to offer.Anyway, even if KP was dropped after he became a spent force - you guys will say: SAffers-ai sakkaiyA pizhinju thookki veesittAnunga indha bleddy Brits. oNNum prayOjanam illai Krishna.

Your equating 'cutting KP down to size' to 'cutting Saffers down to size' is what I don't buy.
maNi indha maadhiri IPL superstar aagi (ada summA oru pEchchukku), ODI ellAM viLayAda mudiyAdhu-nnu sonnA, ECB avanai accommodate paNNi iruppAn 'ngreengaLA? I don't think so.

This is why I think Strauss is not the appropriate example. ayyO enakku T20 varaadhunga'nRaan avan. So they are making an exception for him. Unreasonable, on the face of it. But I see the difference. Don't you?

P_R
4th June 2012, 06:27 AM
btw I saw a docu about the '81 Ashes and Kim Hughes azhugaachchi press-conference on the flight home last week.

Brearley paththi unga karuththu? As a Eng-hater and as a manager.
Wine tasting, book-review paNNittu irundha Oxbridge styleman-ai, beer and adavaadi, brash Bothathai katti mEykkuradhukkAga koNdu vandhAinga. And it worked!
Could imagine him comment about the committee/crowds/press/Aus, a la, Gounder in Brahma: remba anaagareegamA nadandhukkuraanga, illai?

That and Bob Willis' spell hanging by his teeth to even get a chance to play in Leeds and then destroying Aus. Brearley merely changing ends and making him click.

Tayam kidaikkumbOdhu sollunga. mukkiyamA, how much of it, you think is post-facto.

P_R
4th June 2012, 10:58 AM
This article makes sense. That the boards are stuck in the past and are arrogant. http://www.legsidefilth.com/?p=693

The notion that anyone who plays for a national team should constitute a pliant, forelock-tugging workforce grateful simply to represent their country is outmoded and needs to change, ....... It’s time cricket boards accepted the reality of today’s economic climate and faced the fact that sportsmen will occasionally make decisions based on something other than what is best for Team England.

I totally see his point of view, but I would rather identify with the head-in-the-sand, stuck-in-the-past oldies who will do all they can to scuttle such 'developments'.

udanE, 'do you think ECB is a defender of the game'-nu kEkkappadaadhu. They may have their reasons. Here it works for me. That's all.

19thmay
4th June 2012, 11:05 AM

:lol: ....

Plum
4th June 2012, 10:10 PM
This article makes sense. That the boards are stuck in the past and are arrogant. http://www.legsidefilth.com/?p=693

I totally see his point of view, but I would rather identify with the head-in-the-sand, stuck-in-the-past oldies who will do all they can to scuttle such 'developments'.

udanE, 'do you think ECB is a defender of the game'-nu kEkkappadaadhu. They may have their reasons. Here it works for me. That's all.

Godwin's law-vai prove paNdrEn - irundhAlum think of "They came for the jews..."

Plum
4th June 2012, 10:15 PM
btw I saw a docu about t
he '81 Ashes and Kim Hughes azhugaachchi press-conference on the flight home last week.

Brearley paththi unga karuththu? As a Eng-hater and as a manager.
Wine tasting, book-review paNNittu irundha Oxbridge styleman-ai, beer and adavaadi, brash Bothathai katti mEykkuradhukkAga koNdu vandhAinga. And it worked!
Could imagine him comment about the committee/crowds/press/Aus, a la, Gounder in Brahma: remba anaagareegamA nadandhukkuraanga, illai?

That and Bob Willis' spell hanging by his teeth to even get a chance to play in Leeds and then destroying Aus. Brearley merely changing ends and making him click.

Tayam kidaikkumbOdhu sollunga. mukkiyamA, how much of it, you think is post-facto.

I dont know much about this series. But he writes in Guardian occasionally and makes a lot of sense - man management ellAm yOsichu senjApla dhAn irukkum - he doesnt claim that but his sense of analysis of psychology of cricketers (een contemporary) sounds a lot sensible. I am inclined to believe in the myth of Mike Brearley.

About Kim Hughes, it seems like Rod Marsh, Lillee, and qutie unsurprisingly, Greg Slipper conspired to make his position untenable and made life hell for him with their attitude in his teams. It is notable that the infamous match in which Lilee and Marsh betted against their own team on the 5th day of the match - and which Australia promptly lost froma winning position - happened during Hughes' captincy.

Imagine how much derision and coutnry-based sarcasm that will evoke if Salman Butt had done it under Misbah? Also, I guess it should have been investigated even closely - the aussie bas***ds (this is not a profanity - this is an aussie term of endearment, remember) got away with murder.

Plum
4th June 2012, 10:27 PM
BTW, just a week before, Broad tweeted about the media with some cuss words masked with *s like "bas***rds" or something like that. Nary a word of protest from ECB let alone a fine. ECB have one rule for KP and another for natives. This much is obvious. One has to see how many Saffers (saffer whites) understand this eventually.

Plum
4th June 2012, 10:34 PM
If he wants to spend time with family, why not sit out of IPL and do it? No I want to make money by playing T20 in IPL and then opt out of Eng matches -
Come on - ODI is a dead format. As your friend Mahesh out it - Test Cricket offers legacy; T20 offers money. ODIs have lost relevance. If Bell or Broad or Anderson had the same level of marketeability- they'd do the same. And mark my words, ECB will bend over backwards for them. This will happen int he next 1 or two years - nInga pArkka dhAnE pORInga. (not Necessarily maNi, agalam or adhyilmagan)

This IS the problem. The creme-la-creme would slowly want to move away from ODIs -except perhaps MSD, who is primarily suitable for that format more than any other format. adhanAla dhAn sonnEn - the day SRT and MSD retire from ODIs, that format is dead as a well.. dead duck. Sticking to the letter of the contract might be amusing for you because it suits you but a) ECB will one day do the same nAdhArithanam on things you hold dear just because it suits their politics. Remember at that point - you have no right to complain then. b) It is stupid and self-defeating for ECB.

T20 is a lottery so I dont believe KP enhances England's T20 WC chances - for all we know, England might win the WC again. And/or probably the 2015 ODI WC. But that doesnt change the fact that ECB are being extra ordinarily nAdhAri here and one day, Cricket lovers will pay dearly for encouraging the ECB just becuase it suits them now.

P_R
5th June 2012, 06:10 AM
Godwin's law-vai prove paNdrEn - irundhAlum think of "They came for the jews..." adhellAm varumbOdhu pArththukkalaam. ippOdhaikku T20, IPL mEla evan kallai koNdu adikkiRaanO, avanukku udhavi paNNalainaalum, at least thittAma irukkaNum.

BTW, just a week before, Broad tweeted about the media with some cuss words masked with *s like "bas***rds" or something like that. Nary a word of protest from ECB let alone a fine. Oh is it. Searching now. ivan crime rate-ku aLavu illAma dhaan pOyittu irukku.

If Bell or Broad or Anderson had the same level of marketeability- they'd do the same. And mark my words, ECB will bend over backwards for them. appo pEsalaam.

Sticking to the letter of the contract might be amusing for you because it suits you but a) ECB will one day do the same nAdhArithanam on things you hold dear just because it suits their politics. Remember at that point - you have no right to complain then. Nope. 'All is fair when you are hurting someone who chooses club-cricket T20 over national colours' 'ngra platform-la dhaan ticket eduththirukkEn. I am not forfeiting my right to complain. Rest assured I will, when things run counter to this.

I know one day England will 'look forward', 'make peace with changing times' or change their stance when things turn convenient for them. naan appadiyE kodi kaaththa kumaran range-ku koLgayai maintain paNNuvEn.

Cricket lovers will pay dearly for encouraging the ECB just becuase it suits them now. saabam ellAm sari, how?

P_R
5th June 2012, 06:34 AM
I dont know much about this series. But he writes in Guardian occasionally and makes a lot of sense - man management ellAm yOsichu senjApla dhAn irukkum - he doesnt claim that but his sense of analysis of psychology of cricketers (een contemporary) sounds a lot sensible. I am inclined to believe in the myth of Mike Brearley.
Botham was made captain of England. Got trounced in WIndies. Political situation violent - miners protesting against Thatcher, race riots. In that context Aus come to Eng lead by Kim Hughes - who does not enjoy the support of Rod Marsh and Lillee. (seppal paththi andha docu-la adhigam pOdalai).

Botham is picked as the captain for the first of the six tests!! Imagine, a home ashes, not even assured of captaining it fully.

Aus win the first easily. Botham is unimpressive.
They pick him to lead the next two. Botham gets a pair. With some rain, they manage to draw the match. 1-0. Aus looking way better, 4 tests to go.
Botham can't take the pressure of being on judgement after each match. He wants an assurance that he be names for the remaining 4 tests. The committee refuses. And - out of the blue - calls Brearley - who has kinda retired and is doing book reviews on BBC!

Brearley is a nothing player. He makes the batting weaker. They have to drop Woolmer to accommodate him in the eleven and the bowling needs to get all the more sharper. They were going to drop Willis - who seems old and ineffective and hasn't played domestic matches. When the news is passed on to him, he kinda pleads for one last chance. Says he didn't play the domestic matches because he wanted to be fit for the tests.

And that is the famous Leeds test. Botham takes a five-for, but sitll Aus put up a good score.
Then England concede huge lead despite Botham getting a fifty. Following on, England still vulnerable. Scorecard flashes a sign saying a bookmaker offers odds of 500-1 for England. That's how hopeless the situ was. Marsh-Lillee bet. (Gideon Haigh's comment to the effect that: it is not a question of integrity, but the sheet stupidity of such a thing. And the complete lack of respect they had for Hughes. They'd never had done that if Chappell was the captain).

And then Botham smashes a 150 batting with Dilley and Chris Old and set a small target. Willis - who was nearly not picked for the game - bags an 8-for and Eng romp home.

Next match Aus still reasonably on top till the last innings, where Botham bags a 5-for and bundles out Aus
Next match is again a Botham-Willis show and Eng win.
Last test Botham bags ten wickets in the draw.

A complete change in mood ushered in by Brearley, who didn't even get a 50 in the 4 matches he played :-)

Imagine how much derision and coutnry-based sarcasm that will evoke if Salman Butt had done it under Misbah? Yup. ippo kooda Rod Marsh unapologetic-A dhaan pEsuraapla. Not about the incident. He kinda said that was a dumb thing to do. But his refusal to cooperate with Kim. "He was probably a good follower, not a good leader" 'nRa range-la. Outspoken Aussie-yaam. vengaayam.

wizzy
5th June 2012, 11:04 AM
ICC would do well to go easy on rule changes w.r.t ODIs...yam struggling to keep tabs on.. commendable job in making this format irrelevant by this frequent changes :clap: namma ooru cricket punditry wants to give Skipper the option of selecting 2 teams depending on which the toss goes :lol: thank god he isn't in ICC cricket committee

ajithfederer
5th June 2012, 11:46 AM
You are the only one saying this. T-20 is a shit useless format and the WC they keep is a joke. The last ODI WC was one of the best ever. Why have 2 World cups for one sport?. Freakin stupid ICC :banghead:

Come on - ODI is a dead format.

ajithfederer
5th June 2012, 11:50 AM
T-20s should be just kept in club formats ala football. Int'l T-20s is stupid and has no relevance in the Nat'l matches they play. They have kept the T-20 wc just to sustain interest.

P_R
5th June 2012, 12:01 PM
CB series kooda nallA dhaanE irunchch :huh:

wizzy
5th June 2012, 12:15 PM
T-20s should be just kept in club formats ala football. Int'l T-20s is stupid and has no relevance in the Nat'l matches they play. They have kept the T-20 wc just to sustain interest.

T-20 for clubs is the way forward and T-20 doesn't have the worldcup..ICC had it clarified after we won..now they call it World T-20 so Eng is yet to win a worldcup :lol2: sense we are already moving in that direction with India not even playing adequate no. of t20s in tours and then taking the piss whenever we get to play in World T-20.

scorpio
5th June 2012, 12:39 PM
Mukunthu goes for a duck in the second innings as well :banghead:

India A 22/3 chasing 186 to win. Come on Rohit & Pujara.....do it today!!

ajithfederer
5th June 2012, 12:41 PM
Thanks wizz for this information.

T-20 for clubs is the way forward and T-20 doesn't have the worldcup..ICC had it clarified after we won..now they call it World T-20 so Eng is yet to win a worldcup :lol2: sense we are already moving in that direction with India not even playing adequate no. of t20s in tours and then taking the piss whenever we get to play in World T-20.

Dinesh84
5th June 2012, 12:43 PM
Gayle formally recalled to West Indies squad (http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-west-indies-2012/content/current/story/567294.html) :yes:

P_R
6th June 2012, 07:59 AM
Jonathan Trott (http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-west-indies-2012/content/current/story/567424.html) :-)

(Trott's) T20 record is better than might be presumed, too: only five men .. have scored more runs in English domestic T20 cricket and none of their averages comes anywhere near Trott's 39.20. Indeed, no England-qualified player with more than a dozen games behind them has a higher T20 average than Trott, while the 525 runs he scored in the 2009 T20 Cup was a then-record.

"I didn't put my name forward for this IPL because I knew the workload. I'd been in international cricket for a year at the point when I did, but you now realise it is a lot of cricket. You make a decision and you've got to live with your own decision. Kevin's made his mind up about what he wants to do and that's fine. The guys support and understand the decision he's made. There's plenty of talent to come in and take his place. It's a bit of a blow, but you have to pick yourself up and get on with it

idhu nalla piLLaikku azhagu.

P_R
6th June 2012, 08:02 AM
Gayle formally recalled to West Indies squad (http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-west-indies-2012/content/current/story/567294.html) :yes: Why not for the 3rd test?

wizzy
6th June 2012, 10:01 AM
Jonathan Trott (http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-west-indies-2012/content/current/story/567424.html) :-)

idhu nalla piLLaikku azhagu.

Yov Trott unnakkum athay naamam thaen..remember Pup ;-)

wizzy
6th June 2012, 03:30 PM
CSA sappakattu on playing T-20 over tests on the boxing day

We would like to clarify the Boxing Day Test issue that many fans are upset about; according to the ICC Future tours programme, the Proteas were only ever scheduled to play two Tests against New Zealand. The Boxing Day Test has not been replaced or cancelled in favour of T20 cricket for good, we will have Test matches from the beginning of January. There will be the normal five Tests. The scheduling is just slightly different. We may revert to a Boxing Day Test next season. The fact is that the Proteas have performed very poorly in Boxing Day Tests. The last time they won a Test at Sahara Stadium Kingsmead was against the West Indies in 2008 when the Test was moved to the end of January and the Proteas won easily. We have only won two out of our last 10 Christmas Test matches in South Africa.

Whatay :lol: next time they should plainly refuse to play in ICC knockouts with their history.

P_R
6th June 2012, 04:22 PM
raasi illai-nu avanE sonnAn :lol:
paarambariya test match cancel paNNittu T20 viLayaduraanunga. Youths, ippadiyApatta oru country-la neenga viLayAdiyE aagaNumA.

PARAMASHIVAN
6th June 2012, 04:26 PM
P_R

Diamond Jubilee Kondattam ellam epadi pOichu :lol2:

P_R
6th June 2012, 04:30 PM
neenga dhaan sollaNum. naanA England-la irukkEn.
aduththa Ashes-ku varalaamAnnu lightA oru sindhanai irukku.

ellAM indha Basil D'Olivera eppadi pOgudhu 'ngRadhai vachchu dhaan.

PARAMASHIVAN
6th June 2012, 04:37 PM
neenga dhaan sollaNum. naanA England-la irukkEn.
aduththa Ashes-ku varalaamAnnu lightA oru sindhanai irukku.

To be honest, I was not bothered at all, did not even watch on TV. Since you are an England fan, Naa summa lolluku keatEn :)

Plum
6th June 2012, 10:31 PM
AFed - nidhAnamA yOsinga. IPL money aLLudhu. ODIs ini mella sAgum. Bilateral ODI series adhilum gOramAna sAvu dhAn. T20 perusA ODI perusAnnu nAn vivAdhikkalai. EmAndha janathukittE irundhu paNam aLLa oru format vENum. adhu edhuvA irundHAlum enakku prachnai illai - but adhu T20yA dhAn irukkum - if not International, Club level T20 apdingaRadhu en karuththu.

It could become like only Test matches and IPL/Big Bash etc. I find that a reasonable compromose. I will not cry for ODIs.

Plum
6th June 2012, 10:32 PM
Basil D Oliveria - England dhAnga jeyikkum. dhairyamA pOnga. inimE unga rAjyam dhAn - on and off the field. Dave Richardson epdi kAi nagathuRannu just wait and watch(already VJD shot down and Duckworth Lewis retained without a proper analysis)

P_R
6th June 2012, 10:37 PM
VJD better-A? unga karuththu? (nEkkoNNum puriyalai- is my reaction)
appadiyE DL retained-nA, how does it benefit England against others. nalla vevaramA pEsunga.

Plum
6th June 2012, 10:54 PM
reNdunAlaiyum yArukkum endha advantageum kedaiyAdhu. Point is they didnt give a chance to VJD method. Just a ego-massaging "enga anglo saxon method dhAn better" trip. Sunny bhai sonNA mAdhiri idhukku oru trial koduthu pArungaLEndA?

19thmay
6th June 2012, 11:16 PM
Pujara..:clap:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/current/match/562896.html

WI-A..Captain,eppdi..paathalum..namma..payyan..thaan

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/274921.html

wizzy
6th June 2012, 11:19 PM
On D/L vs VJD

http://www.cricketcountry.com/cricket-articles/ICC-s-inflexible-attitude-towards-VJD-is-most-disappointing/15323

math nalla therinjavanga konjam explainga..naangulum therinjikkovom :roll:

PARAMASHIVAN
7th June 2012, 05:23 PM
இந்திய ரியாலிட்டி ஷோவில் முன்னாள் இலங்கை கிரிக்கெட் வீரர் ஜெயசூரியா நடனம்!

முன்னாள் இலங்கை கிரிக்கெட் அதிரடி துடுப்பாட்ட வீரரும் நாடாளுமன்ற உறுப்பினருமான சனத் ஜெயசூரியா இந்திய ரியாலிட்டி ஷோ ஒன்றில் இந்திய வீரர் ஹர்பஜன் சிங்குடன் சேர்ந்து நடனமாடப் போவதாக தகவல்கள் வெளியாகியுள்ளன.

இலங்கை அணியின் அதிரடி வீரராக களமிறங்கி வந்தவர் சனத் ஜெயசூர்யா (42). கடந்த 1996ம் ஆண்டு இலங்கை கிரிக்கெட் அணி உலக கோப்பை வெல்ல முக்கிய காரணமாக இருந்தவர் ஜெயசூரியா. சிறந்த ஆல் ரவுண்டராக வலம் வந்த ஜெயசூரியா ஒருநாள் போட்டிகளில் 13,430 ரன்களை குவித்து, சிறந்த பந்துவீ்ச்சு மூலம் 300 விக்கெட்களும் வீழ்த்தியுள்ளார்.

1999 முதல் 2003ம் ஆண்டு இலங்கை அணியின் கப்டனாக இருந்த ஜெயசூரியா, 2007ம் ஆண்டோடு டெஸ்ட் போட்டிகளில் இருந்து ஓய்வு பெற்றார். மேலும் 2011ம் ஆண்டோடு ஒருநாள் மற்றும் டுவென்டி 20 போட்டிகளில் இருந்தும் ஓய்வு பெற்றார். ஐபிஎல் தொடரில் மும்பை இந்தியன்ஸ் அணிக்காக சில போட்டிகளில் பங்கேற்றுள்ளார்.

இந்த நிலையில் சூப்பர் ஸ்டார் ரஜினியின் தீவிர ரசிகரான சனத் ஜெயசூரியாவிற்கு இசை, நடனம் ஆகிய துறைகளில் அதிக ஈடுபாடோ, விருப்பமோ இல்லாதவர் என்று அறியப்பட்டவர். ஆனால் தற்போது இந்திய ரியாலிட்டி ஷோவில் நடனமாட உள்ளதாக தகவல்கள் கசிந்துள்ளன.

சோனி சனலில் ஒளிபரப்பான பிரபல ரியாலிட்டி ஷோ, 'ஜலாக் திக்லா ஜா'. இதில் சின்ன திரையில் வரும் நடிகர்கள், நடிகைகள் இடையிலான நடன போட்டி நடைபெறும். தற்போது இந்த ரியாலிட்டி ஷோவை சோனிக்கு பதிலாக கலர்ஸ் என்ற டிவி சனல் ஒளிப்பரப்பி வருகிறது.

இதில் பாலிவுட் நட்சத்திரங்களான ரேகா, மாதுரி தீட்ஷத், கரன் ஜோகர், ரிமோ டிஷோசா ஆகியோர் நடுவர்களாக தோன்றுகின்றனர். இந்த ரியாலிட்டி ஷோவில் தான் ஜெயசூரியா நடனமாட போவதாக தகவல் வெளியாகி உள்ளது.

சனத் ஜெயசூரியா மற்றும் இந்திய சுழல்பந்து வீச்சாளர் ஹர்பஜன் சிங் இணைந்து நடனமாட போவதாக கலர்ஸ் சனலில் விளம்பரம் வெளியாகி வருகிறது. இது குறித்து நிருபர்கள் ஜெயசூரியாவை தொடர்பு கொண்டு கேட்ட போது, ரியாலிட்டி ஷோவில் நடனமாட ஆர்வமாக உள்ளதாக தெரிவித்தார்.

இது குறித்து அவர் கூறியதாவது,

இந்திய ரியாலிட்டி ஷோவில் நடனமாட நான் மிகவும் ஆர்வமாகவும், உற்சாகமாகவும் உள்ளேன். ஷோவில் சூப்பர் ஸ்டார் ரஜினிகாந்த்தின் நடனம் அசைவுகளை பின்பற்ற முடிவு செய்துள்ளேன். இந்த ரியாலிட்டி ஷோவில் சிறப்பாக நடனமாடுவேன் என்று நம்புகிறேன். இதற்கான கடும் பயிற்சியில் ஈடுபட்டு வருகிறேன் என்றார்.

ஏற்கனவே கிரிக்கெட் வீரர், இலங்கை நாடாளுமன்ற எம்.பி, போன்ற சிறப்புகளை பெற்றுள்ள சனத் ஜெயசூரியா டிவி நிகழ்ச்சியில் நடனமாடி புதிய துறைக்கு அஸ்திபாரம் போட உள்ளார். ஜெயசூரியாவை கிரிக்கெட் பிட்சில் மட்டுமே பார்த்து வந்த ரசிகர்கள், டிவி நிகழ்ச்சியில் டான்சராக பார்க்க ஆர்வமாக உள்ளனர்.

Suthum ! :rotfl:

PARAMASHIVAN
7th June 2012, 07:16 PM
English weathermen are predicting "Gayle Storm" from Jamaica to sweep the ODI :lol2:

P_R
7th June 2012, 07:20 PM
I hope the rain doesn't cause a draw.
I want a 3-0. raththam varaNum.

PARAMASHIVAN
7th June 2012, 08:29 PM

Heavy Rain Forecasted for all three consecutive days of play

Plum
7th June 2012, 11:04 PM
Feeyar - my EA Sports simulation results for Basil D Olivera pArunga

First Test
England won the toss and decided to bat first

Inns 1: England - 497 in 132.3 overs ( Strauss - 131, KP - 119, Bell - 108*). ( Steyn - 4/81, Tahir - 4/158)
Highlights: Cook got a snorter from Steyn and was bowled for 20(48), after a solid start by England despite nervy moments against Steyn. Trott was runout for 4. Bopara made an attractive 28(28) including 3 peaches of cover drives off Steyn. Bresnan - 23, Broad - 33, Swann - 22. KP made a run a ball century before attempting to bed in for a long innings only to lose patience and hole out. Strauss struggled initially agtainst Steyn but held on gamely until Day 1 evening, whence England finished at 348/6. Bell, assisted by the able all rounders, took the score to 497 post Lunch on Day 2. An uncharaestirically dour, unattractive innings by Bell which took 244 balls.

Inns 2: South Africa - 2 in 27.2 overs ( Extras - 2, Tahir - 0*). (Swann - 4/0, Pietersen - 3/0, Broad - 1/1, Anderson - 2/0)

Highlights: Broad and Andersen fired off the openers for nought before Kallis (o off 57 balls) and Rudolph (0 off 32 balls) fought bravely before succumbing to the wiles of The World's Best Spinner. A collapse followed with KP, buoyed by his sprightly innings, and the sight of his Saffer brethren, polishing the tail with tidy figures of 3/0( 3 wickets for zero runs).

Inns 3 : England - 111/4 decl in 21.4 overs ( KP - 42, Trott - 49)
Highlights: England decided to have some fun with the bat given the duration left in the match. Strauss and Cook fell early again, with Steyn once again trapping Cook in front. But KP and Trott decided to swing their bats and as both fell short of 50s, Strauss decided to declare and end Saffers' agony quickly

Inns 4: South Africa - 8 in 31.4 overs (Extra - 4, Amla - 2, de Villiers - 1, Steyn - 1*). ( Bresnan - 2/4, Broad - 1/2, Swann - 4/1, Pietersen - 3/0)
Highlihts: Broad cleaned up Smith off the second ball for the second time in the match, and Anderson induced a collapse with Kallis alone fighting a lone battle for a typically brave 0(32), making him the Saffer batsmen to face the highest number of balls in the match, albeit without scoring a single run. Smith, Kallis, Boucher, Petersen, Philander, de Lange and Rudolph all bagged a pair. Once again, KP polished off the tail.

Result: England won by 598 runs.
Man of the Match: KP, with 161 runs and 6 wickets for 0 runs in the match.

sathya_1979
8th June 2012, 12:55 AM
Feeyar - my EA Sports simulation results for Basil D Olivera pArunga

First Test
England won the toss and decided to bat first

Inns 1: England - 497 in 132.3 overs ( Strauss - 131, KP - 119, Bell - 108*). ( Steyn - 4/81, Tahir - 4/158)
Highlights: Cook got a snorter from Steyn and was bowled for 20(48), after a solid start by England despite nervy moments against Steyn. Trott was runout for 4. Bopara made an attractive 28(28) including 3 peaches of cover drives off Steyn. Bresnan - 23, Broad - 33, Swann - 22. KP made a run a ball century before attempting to bed in for a long innings only to lose patience and hole out. Strauss struggled initially agtainst Steyn but held on gamely until Day 1 evening, whence England finished at 348/6. Bell, assisted by the able all rounders, took the score to 497 post Lunch on Day 2. An uncharaestirically dour, unattractive innings by Bell which took 244 balls.

Inns 2: South Africa - 2 in 27.2 overs ( Extras - 2, Tahir - 0*). (Swann - 4/0, Pietersen - 3/0, Broad - 1/1, Anderson - 2/0)

Highlights: Broad and Andersen fired off the openers for nought before Kallis (o off 57 balls) and Rudolph (0 off 32 balls) fought bravely before succumbing to the wiles of The World's Best Spinner. A collapse followed with KP, buoyed by his sprightly innings, and the sight of his Saffer brethren, polishing the tail with tidy figures of 3/0( 3 wickets for zero runs).

Inns 3 : England - 111/4 decl in 21.4 overs ( KP - 42, Trott - 49)
Highlights: England decided to have some fun with the bat given the duration left in the match. Strauss and Cook fell early again, with Steyn once again trapping Cook in front. But KP and Trott decided to swing their bats and as both fell short of 50s, Strauss decided to declare and end Saffers' agony quickly

Inns 4: South Africa - 8 in 31.4 overs (Extra - 4, Amla - 2, de Villiers - 1, Steyn - 1*). ( Bresnan - 2/4, Broad - 1/2, Swann - 4/1, Pietersen - 3/0)
Highlihts: Broad cleaned up Smith off the second ball for the second time in the match, and Anderson induced a collapse with Kallis alone fighting a lone battle for a typically brave 0(32), making him the Saffer batsmen to face the highest number of balls in the match, albeit without scoring a single run. Smith, Kallis, Boucher, Petersen, Philander, de Lange and Rudolph all bagged a pair. Once again, KP polished off the tail.

Result: England won by 598 runs.
Man of the Match: KP, with 161 runs and 6 wickets for 0 runs in the match.
Innings 2: SA 2 in 27.2 Overs = Extras 2 and Broad 1 / 1 which means 3 runs, no? :roll:

Plum
8th June 2012, 07:19 AM
Illaiye - the extras were a no ball bowled by Broad and 1 leg bye. Kootti kazhichu pArunga

P_R
8th June 2012, 11:21 AM
:lol: kuRumbu kuRumbu

P_R
8th June 2012, 02:31 PM
innikkum escape aayittAn dA.

Too bad.

ajithfederer
8th June 2012, 02:33 PM
If it is a draw you may lose the ranking. Haha, what a poetic justice ;)

P_R
8th June 2012, 02:59 PM
I don't think Eng loses ranking. They stay on par with SA going into Bd'O.
They lose ranking if they lose the match - unlikely.
They can rightfully get back to the lone number one if they win this match - looks like that can't happen either.

Three days. 'snatenaf.