9th August 2010, 07:02 PM
BTW,Swann as a bowler :bow:
Swann as an off-spinner :clap:

Swann as an example for Durby :bow:

Swann as a joker in the pack making outrageous statements :clap:

Swann as Broad's goalkeeper: :hammer:

Puliyan_Biryani
9th August 2010, 10:38 PM
:shock: yEn indha kolai veri. ungalukku Bajji-ya pudikkaadhunnu theriyum, adhukkunnu ippadiyaa. Y plum y, what is the reason? edhaavadhu avanmela bet vachu thOthutIngalaa?

Plum
10th August 2010, 10:49 AM
Why Ponting is not in the same class as Tendulkar, or even Dravid (http://shortofalength.wordpress.com/2010/08/06/soal-homework-assignment-1/)
A few days back, in a heated moment, I said Ponting can be compared to Dravid, Kallis etc. I take back the Dravid part.

:thappu_thappu: :kannathula_pOttukkarEn:
:ukki:

Ponting' s away average is 48.44, read it again. 48.44.

You are shit, Ricky, and you know it.

Plum
10th August 2010, 10:50 AM
:shock: yEn indha kolai veri. ungalukku Bajji-ya pudikkaadhunnu theriyum, adhukkunnu ippadiyaa. Y plum y, what is the reason? edhaavadhu avanmela bet vachu thOthutIngalaa?

puLi, enna ipdi sollittInga. Durby is a blot on the Cricketing landscape. All well-meaning Cricketing citizens *MUST* hate him. It is a badge of honour. I mean, dont you hate Durby? :roll:.

Puliyan_Biryani
10th August 2010, 11:09 AM

puLi, enna ipdi sollittInga. Durby is a blot on the Cricketing landscape. All well-meaning Cricketing citizens *MUST* hate him. It is a badge of honour. I mean, dont you hate Durby? :roll:.

Plum, no doubt that I hate him. adhukkunnu ippadi parambarai pagaiyaaLiya thittara maadhiriyaa thittaradhu. :lol:

Bajji-kku mattum Tamizh therinju idhai padichaan, cricket velayaaduradhaiyE niruthiduvaan (adhudhaan ungalukku vEnumnu theriyum :D ). Singamuthu maadhiri sollanumnaa Bajji inimE mOru kudikkumbOdhellaam avarukku indha nenaippudhaan varum. :rotfl3:

P_R
10th August 2010, 11:20 AM
Well of course, I yam problem largely with attitude l'harbhajan.

As a bowler I don't as strong misgivings. except that he is a borderline chucker.

Plum
10th August 2010, 11:26 AM
Feeyaar, it is not what he is capable of. It is what he gives on field as a bowler - which has been crap for years. Definitely in tests.

Puliyan_Biryani
10th August 2010, 11:38 AM
Feeyaar, it is not what he is capable of. It is what he gives on field as a bowler - which has been crap for years. Definitely in tests.

In my view he has got himself spoiled by bowling in limited overs cricket and doesn't respect test match cricket anymore. He has learnt(???) to bowl flat and fast (yorkers too). In 10 overs he gives 30-40 runs picking up the odd wicket, in 4 overs he concedes 25 runs for no wickets. Everybody would praise him as an economical/unhittable bowler in the slam-bang format and he is very happy with that role. Once you ask him to go for wickets, even in a limited overs game he doesn't feel comfortable. :huh:

Plum
10th August 2010, 11:53 AM
Ofcourse, the resentment here is on behalf of the naiver, sincere bowler types. This man has figured how to play the system. Develop the batting skills. Fire fast and flat and keep healthy figures on paper. Just when people are after you, one or the other of these skills pay off and he sails on that for another few months. I'd say he underperforms most of the time. Even when he is seemingly clueless, a switch-on mentally of his skills will result in better output. I feel that he just is not bothered to switch on.

My resentment here is that *this is exactly what I would like to do in my profession* but have never figured out how to.

littlemaster1982
10th August 2010, 11:56 AM
Plum,

Do you remember the article I posted after the end of Kolkatta test? The one which talked about his over the top celebrations after he took the last wicket. I didn't bookmark the blog and have been searching it ever since.

P_R
10th August 2010, 12:00 PM
My resentment here is that *this is exactly what I would like to do in my profession* but have never figured out how to. :lol:
கேப்மாரித்தனம் பண்ணனும்னா எவ்வளோ மெயின்டென்ஸ் பண்ணவேண்டிருக்கு!

Puliyan_Biryani
10th August 2010, 12:10 PM
My resentment here is that *this is exactly what I would like to do in my profession* but have never figured out how to.

:lol: Trust me, you are not alone. At least for possessing that skill, Bajji has to be commended :clap:

Plum
10th August 2010, 12:17 PM
My resentment here is that *this is exactly what I would like to do in my profession* but have never figured out how to. :lol:
கேப்மாரித்தனம் பண்ணனும்னா எவ்வளோ மெயின்டென்ஸ் பண்ணவேண்டிருக்கு!

Yeah, and sometimes it is perhaps easier to actually get work done than go through the charade of pretending to do work, and have something to show for it.

raajarasigan
10th August 2010, 01:04 PM
Plum,

http://cricket.rediff.com/slide-show/2010/aug/09/slide-show-1-cricket-indian-bowling-woes-worsen.htm

Plum
10th August 2010, 01:21 PM
Plum,

Do you remember the article I posted after the end of Kolkatta test? The one which talked about his over the top celebrations after he took the last wicket. I didn't bookmark the blog and have been searching it ever since.

Dont remember. I think it must be either
shortofalength.wordpress.com or cricketingview.blogspot.com
But couldnt search it out in the blogs now.

PARAMASHIVAN
10th August 2010, 02:59 PM
Plum

on kosteen

Confirm my doubts :lol2:

Fee yaar = P_R (Prabhu Ram) ??
Durby = Harbajan singh ???

Durby is place in UK, why call him that? did he play 'county cricket' for durby ?? :roll:

Plum
10th August 2010, 03:09 PM
Yes to both.

Durby is short form for Durbhajan Singh, a modification of his name designed by me.

The prefix "dur" is a sanskrit appendage implying a negative influence. As in"durnAtram" "durdEvadai".

PARAMASHIVAN
10th August 2010, 03:10 PM
Oh I see :)

Puliyan_Biryani
10th August 2010, 03:48 PM
Yes to both.

Durby is short form for Durbhajan Singh, a modification of his name designed by me.

The prefix "dur" is a sanskrit appendage implying a negative influence. As in"durnAtram" "durdEvadai".

I thought Durby is a funny short form of 'Turbanator' :D

littlemaster1982
10th August 2010, 03:59 PM
Plum,

Dont remember. I think it must be either
shortofalength.wordpress.com or cricketingview.blogspot.com
But couldnt search it out in the blogs now.

Not these two. Will find out soon.

Plum
10th August 2010, 04:47 PM
LM, http://eye-on-cricket.blogspot.com/2010/02/harbhajan-put-lid-on-it.html#comments] (http://eye-on-cricket.blogspot.com/2010/02/harbhajan-put-lid-on-it.html#comments>[url) there you go[/url]

littlemaster1982
10th August 2010, 05:35 PM
Ah! Thanks :D

Plum
11th August 2010, 12:33 PM
Why Jayawardane is not a great batsman (http://shortofalength.wordpress.com/2010/08/06/soal-homework-assignment-1/)

Away average of 43.2. ivanlAm kAl amutharadhOda niruthikkaNum. karuthu("India didnt play like #1") solla kUdadhu :evil:

Riyazz
11th August 2010, 04:29 PM
Hi friends tell ur india preferable squad for 2011 wc my squad is 1.viru 2. Sachin 3. Raina 4.virat kohli 5.yuvaraj 6.msd 7.gauti 8.yusuf pathan 9.praveen 10. Zaheer 11.harbajan 12. Nehra 13. Ojha /ashwin 14.irfan pathan 15.rohit sharma tell your views

Movie Cop
12th August 2010, 07:43 AM
Sorry folks, missed out the earlier conversations in this thread.

Based on the cricketers I've seen playing on TV, the following would be my team selection. Gavaskar, Tendulkar, Dravid and Kapil Dev pick themselves automatically.

Openers: Gavaskar, Sehwag. (Reserve: Siddhu)
One Down: Dravid (Reserve: Jimmy Amarnath)
Middle Order (4,5,6): Sachin, Vishy, Laxman. If we play 5 bowlers then Kapil can bat at 6 and would have to "reluctantly" drop Vishy.
#7 - Kapil Dev (if we play only 4 bowlers)
WK - Kirmani (Reserve: Kiran More)
Fast Bowlers: Srinath (Reserve: Zaheer Khan)
Spinners: Prasanna, Bedi, Kumble

So, the above gives my 16 member squad: Gavaskar, Sehwag, Dravid, Tendulkar (VC), Laxman, Kapil Dev (C), Kirmani, Srinath, Zaheer Khan, Bedi, Prasanna, Kumble, Vishy, Amarnath, Siddhu, More.

My playing XI will vary depending on the country/pitch conditions we play.

Playing XI* (Sub continent/WI): Gavaskar, Sehwag, Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman, Kapil Dev, Kirmani, Kumble, Srinath, Bedi, Prasanna.

* Can play just 5 batsmen (since our batsmen are typically good at home conditions) and play 3 spinners following Wadekar chatterjee.

Playing XI* (Aus/SA): Gavaskar, Sehwag, Dravid, Tendulkar, Vishy, Laxman, Kapil Dev, Kirmani, Kumble, Srinath, Zaheer.

* Need to beef up the batting with an extra batsman at the expense of a spinner and also replace another spinner with Zaheer

Playing XI* (Eng/Nzl): Gavaskar, Sehwag, Amarnath, Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman, Kapil Dev, Kirmani, Zaheer, Bedi, Prasanna.

* Replaced Vishy with Jimmy since Amarnath can provide extra medium pace/swing bowling option in England/Nzl and bring back another spinner at the expense of Srinath.

Movie Cop
12th August 2010, 07:50 AM
Vishy - my choice, for my money. Havent seen him much but romantic tales of 70's and 80's writers on the beauty of his batting is what I grew up on so tough to shed that legacy in my mind.

Once you choose Vishy, I am in a dilemma whether to go for Lax or Amarnath/Ganguly - I am discounting Vengsarkar for Lax has done far more in a wider range of conditions. Both Amarnath and Ganguly add medium pace(rather, "slow fast", as in "Amarnath is a slow fast bowler") options. Lax is again a stylist in Vishy mould. Despite all that, I am inclined to go with Lax.
Can't agree with you more on this.

Laxman, anyday over Vengsarkar & Ganguly. :)

Movie Cop
12th August 2010, 07:55 AM
Why Jayawardane is not a great batsman (http://shortofalength.wordpress.com/2010/08/06/soal-homework-assignment-1/)

Away average of 43.2. ivanlAm kAl amutharadhOda niruthikkaNum. karuthu("India didnt play like #1") solla kUdadhu :evil:
Seyavaradhan, Samaraveeran etc. ellam Siri Langa-vula thein pattaiyE kelapirikaaingE! Flat track bullies.

Gavaskar times - 1970's, 1980's (arguably the best era of fast bowling ever in Test cricket history)-le vilayaadirundhaainge na evainge dappA dAnce aadirikkum! :)

GP
18th August 2010, 10:29 AM
Smith set to quit T20 captaincy - reports

Cricinfo staff

August 17, 2010

Graeme Smith talks to the press after a rain-interrupted practice session, Queen's Park Oval, Trinidad, June 9, 2010

Graeme Smith has called a press conference for Wednesday morning to outline his future, with Reuters suggesting he will stand down as South Africa's Twenty20 captain.

South Africa were eliminated in the Super Eights stage of this year's World Twenty20 in the Caribbean and the next tournament is not until 2012 in Sri Lanka, which would give South Africa time to rebuild under a new captain.

Smith, who will announce his plans at 11am (0900GMT), has captained his country in all formats since 2003, when he was just 22. He has developed into a strong leader and led the Test side to No. 1 in the world rankings during a run that culminated in a maiden series victory in Australia. He has spoken in the past about the demands of leading the team in all formats and that Test cricket and a World Cup title remain his top ambitions.

There are a few options to replace Smith as Twenty20 captain but the queue is probably headed by Johan Botha, who has captained the side in Smith's absence, or AB de Villiers.

South African cricket underwent major changes earlier this year when Mickey Arthur resigned as coach following the 1-1 series draw with England, and Mike Procter was fired as convenor of selectors along with the entire committee.

Plum
18th August 2010, 10:35 AM
Ricky has 45+ avg against all countries. If he does well later this year, that can go up to 50+ :roll:

Dhoni. Strauss and co., FULL AlERT!!!

Puliyan_Biryani
18th August 2010, 01:34 PM
Ponting? Against India in India? I don't think Dhoni would lose sleep over that prospect.

Strauss, yes. Ponting can be difficult to dislodge in his home turf.

Plum
18th August 2010, 03:02 PM
puLi, Ponting has overall 48+ against India(in India it is 20.something)

if he does reasonably well, that can go up to 50+. varalAru miga mukkiyam. Dhoni indha thyAgathai senjE AgaNum

P_R
18th August 2010, 03:08 PM
Indha thadavai IndhiyAvulayum paandiyar thadam padhippArnu patchi solludhu.

Plum
18th August 2010, 03:09 PM

hmm.. en patchiyum adhAn solludhu. namma bowling vEra Jolly Rovers Second XI levelku irukku :(

Puliyan_Biryani
18th August 2010, 03:50 PM
puLi, Ponting has overall 48+ against India(in India it is 20.something)

if he does reasonably well, that can go up to 50+. varalAru miga mukkiyam. Dhoni indha thyAgathai senjE AgaNum

Plum, India didn't have much of a bowling attack in 2008 either. Ponting only scored a 100+ and 80+ during that series (the rest were all very low scores). No doubt that he wants to do well in India and rectify his record. And looking at his figures he needs to score 300+ in 2 matches to get his average up to 50. But his lunging-and-reaching-with-the-wrists technique against spinners might fail him once more (added to the fact he is thinking about THE Ashes already).

Puliyan_Biryani
18th August 2010, 03:56 PM

hmm.. en patchiyum adhAn solludhu. namma bowling vEra Jolly Rovers Second XI levelku irukku :(

en patchi konjam different-a solludhu. He would finish with a poor record in India. And like Warne, it would be a blot in his career and talked about proudly by us :D.

Puliyan_Biryani
18th August 2010, 03:57 PM
BTW, Plum's favorite(???) Pakistani youngster(???) Yasir Hameed is playing in today's Test match. Best of the luck to him.

Plum
18th August 2010, 05:04 PM
nAn support paNNa player succeed AnadhA saritharamE illai. Yasir Hameed careerku sangu dhaan!

Puliyan_Biryani
18th August 2010, 05:13 PM
adhAn Ponting-ku support paNrIngaLA. Good idea Plum :D

England are 56/4. Pakistan bowling :thumbsup:

GP
18th August 2010, 05:34 PM
england-70/5. lunch

Puliyan_Biryani
18th August 2010, 06:28 PM
74/6. Morgan gone. Onto the bowlers now.

Puliyan_Biryani
18th August 2010, 06:32 PM
One more fast bowler from Pakistan ranks, Wahab Riaz. 4 wickets on debut so far.

Rajaruud
18th August 2010, 06:50 PM
:shock: England 99 fore 7 ... Debutant riaz :clap:

Riyazz
18th August 2010, 08:18 PM
Eng 170~7 gud patnersip by broad n prior

Sourav
18th August 2010, 08:19 PM
Sachin, Dhoni, Sehwag among 8 players nominated for ICC Awards

Seven players feature in the long lists of each of the three major categories for the seventh annual ICC Awards. Hashim Amla, Jacques Kallis, MS Dhoni, Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, Shane Watson and Doug Bollinger are all nominated for the Cricketer of the Year and the Test and ODI awards in the list of nominees released by the ICC today. The awards ceremony will be held in Bangalore on October 6.

The nominations, which recognise cricketing achievement for the period between 24 August 2009 and 10 August 2010, were made by a five-man selection panel chaired by Clive Lloyd, chairman of the ICC cricket committee. The panel also includes former international players Angus Fraser, Matthew Hayden, Ravi Shastri and Duncan Fletcher.

This year's awards comprise nine individual prizes and three team awards and includes, for the first time, a "people's choice award" that will be decided by online fan votes.

ICC chief executive Haroon Lorgat said the awards were an opportunity for the ICC and the Federation of International Cricketers' Associations (FICA) to acknowledge and celebrate the remarkable performances of the world's top players.

The nominations

Cricketer of the year: Hashim Amla, Doug Bollinger, Michael Clarke, MS Dhoni, Ryan Harris, Mitchell Johnson, Jacques Kallis, Morne Morkel, Ricky Ponting, Kumar Sangakkara, Virender Sehwag, Dale Steyn, Sachin Tendulkar, Daniel Vettori, AB de Villiers and Shane Watson

Test player of the year: Hashim Amla, James Anderson, Mohammad Asif, Doug Bollinger, MS Dhoni, Tamim Iqbal, Mahela Jayawardena, Jacques Kallis, Simon Katich, Kumar Sangakkara, Thilan Samaraweera, Virender Sehwag, Dale Steyn, Graeme Swann, Sachin Tendulkar and Shane Watson

ODI player of the year: Hashim Amla, Doug Bollinger, MS Dhoni, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Ryan Harris, Michael Hussey, Jacques Kallis, Ricky Ponting, Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar, AB de Villiers, Daniel Vettori, Shane Watson and Cameron White

Emerging player of the year: Mohammad Amir, Umar Akmal, Tim Bresnan, Steven Finn, Shafiul Islam, Ravindra Jadeja, Virat Kohli, Angelo Mathews, Eoin Morgan, Pragyan Ojha, Tim Paine, Wayne Parnell, Kemar Roac, Steven Smith, Paul Stirling and David Warner

Associate and Affiliate player of the year: Ashish Bagai, Richie Berrington, Muddassar Bukhari, Tom Cooper, Ryan ten Doeschate, Trent Johnston, Kevin O'Brien, Mohammad Shahzad, Samiullah Shenwari and Paul Stirling

Twenty20 international performance of the year: Suleiman Benn 4 for 6 v Zimbabwe, Deandra Dottin 112*v South Africa Women, Chris Gayle 98 v India, Michael Hussey 60*v Pakistan, Mahela Jayawardena 100 v Zimbabwe, Mahela Jayawardena 98* v West Indies, Nuwan Kulasekera 3 for 4 v New Zealand, Ryan McLaren 5 for 19 v West Indies, Brendon McMcllum 116* v Australia, Eoin Morgan 85* v South Africa, Nehemiah Odhiambo 5 for 20 v Scotland, Ellyse Perry 3 for 18 v New Zealand Women, Suresh Raina 101 v South Africa and Darren Sammy 5 for 26 v Zimbabwe

Women's Cricketer of the Year: Suzie Bates, Nicola Browne, Katherine Brunt, Sophie Devine, Jhulan Goswami, Lydia Greenway, Sarah McGlashan, Shelley Nitschke, Ellyse Perry, Laura Poulton, Mithali Raj, Gouher Sultana and Stafanie Taylor

Umpire of the Year: Billy Bowden, Aleem Dar, Steve Davis, Asoke de Silva, Billy Doctrove, Marais Erasmus, Ian Gould, Tony Hill, Daryl Harper, Rudi Koertzen, Asad Rauf, Simon Taufel and Rod Tucker

[tscii:68d6ce89d4][/tscii:68d6ce89d4]
http://www.cricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/current/story/473065.html

Sourav
18th August 2010, 08:45 PM
Emerging player of the year:
Mohammad Amir, Umar Akmal, Tim Bresnan, Steven Finn, Shafiul Islam, Ravindra Jadeja, Virat Kohli, Angelo Mathews, Eoin Morgan, Pragyan Ojha, Tim Paine, Wayne Parnell, Kemar Roac, Steven Smith, Paul Stirling and David Warner

[tscii:c4be878a27][/tscii:c4be878a27]
http://www.cricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/current/story/473065.html :victory:

VinodKumar's
18th August 2010, 08:47 PM
Mohammad Amir, Umar Akmal, Tim Bresnan, Steven Finn, Shafiul Islam, Ravindra Jadeja, Virat Kohli, Angelo Mathews, Eoin Morgan, Pragyan Ojha, Tim Paine, Wayne Parnell, Kemar Roac, Steven Smith, Paul Stirling and David Warner

[tscii:589e58edb2][/tscii:589e58edb2]

:smokesmirk: !!!

Puliyan_Biryani
18th August 2010, 09:09 PM

[tscii:9262484a9a][/tscii:9262484a9a]

vaanga thalai. pona match-laye ungaalu sema perpormance-nu ungalai thedittu irundhaanga. :D

VinodKumar's
18th August 2010, 09:13 PM

[tscii:c41b820b9a][/tscii:c41b820b9a]

vaanga thalai. pona match-laye ungaalu sema perpormance-nu ungalai thedittu irundhaanga. :D

Yethum award kuduka poraangala. Yetha irunthalum enga Rasigar mandra Thalaivar Sourav ku vazhangumaaru ketu kolgiraen.

Puliyan_Biryani
18th August 2010, 10:27 PM
Yethum award kuduka poraangala. Yetha irunthalum enga Rasigar mandra Thalaivar Sourav ku vazhangumaaru ketu kolgiraen.
Again sorry Vinod, couldn't resist :D
GM: Sooper appu
GM wife: edhukku ippo ivarukku poi neenga kai thattareenga
GM: avarudhaan kadhaiyilaye oru periya turning pointu, avaru vandhadhukkappuramdhaan kadhaiyila oru kasamusa ellaam erpattu...:lol:

Sourav
18th August 2010, 10:37 PM
'ilampuyal' vinod kumar-nale kasamusa thane... :lol2:

Puliyan_Biryani
18th August 2010, 10:42 PM
avaru vera aaluppa. namma Vinod 'ilaya sooravali' :lol2:

VinodKumar's
19th August 2010, 12:05 AM
avaru vera aaluppa. namma Vinod 'ilaya sooravali' :lol2:

// :evil: IVargalai baathala siraiyil adaithu kuthiraiku alikum kollai unavaga kodungal :turning and facing camera: oru velai mattum //

VinodKumar's
19th August 2010, 12:05 AM
Again sorry Vinod, couldn't resist :D
GM: Sooper appu
GM wife: edhukku ippo ivarukku poi neenga kai thattareenga
GM: avarudhaan kadhaiyilaye oru periya turning pointu, avaru vandhadhukkappuramdhaan kadhaiyila oru kasamusa ellaam erpattu...:lol:

:lol:

GP
19th August 2010, 09:35 AM
Eng-233, Pak-48/1. Day1-stumps.

Puliyan_Biryani
19th August 2010, 09:21 PM
Pakistan are building a small lead (about 25 now) and have 3 wickets in hand.

Seems to be a good test match in the making (if Pakistan don't collapse in 2nd inns).

GP
20th August 2010, 10:09 AM
Stumps - Day2
Eng-233 & 6/1 trail by 69 runs
Pak-308

GP
20th August 2010, 04:19 PM
Eng-46/2 trail by 29 runs.

PARAMASHIVAN
20th August 2010, 04:47 PM
Pakistan ki zindabad
Pakistan ki zindabad

Puliyan_Biryani
20th August 2010, 05:21 PM
Pakistan ki zindabad
Pakistan ki zindabad

HonestRaj style-la kekkuren

Paramu, Srilanka - NewZealand match bore adikkudhaa? :lol2:

Plum
20th August 2010, 05:22 PM
Pakistan ki zindabad
Pakistan ki zindabad

Paramu, Paksitan WILL collapse in the second innings. thEvai illAma expectations vechukAdhInga. oru 100 runs lead irundhA pOdhum England will win this match.

GP
20th August 2010, 05:38 PM
Lunch - Day 3
Eng-110/2 lead by 35 runs.

GP
20th August 2010, 09:04 PM
Eng-206/7 lead by 131 runs

Plum
20th August 2010, 09:15 PM
I think England can declare now. They have more or less enough now!

GP
20th August 2010, 09:24 PM
Eng-210/8 lead by 135 runs

Puliyan_Biryani
21st August 2010, 01:24 AM
Pakistan ki zindabad
Pakistan ki zindabad

Paramu, Paksitan WILL collapse in the second innings. thEvai illAma expectations vechukAdhInga. oru 100 runs lead irundhA pOdhum England will win this match.
Only predictable thing about Pakistan is their unpredictability. If you expect them to collapse, they certainly won't. I am expecting a Pakistan win tomorrow.

GP
21st August 2010, 11:28 AM
Stumps - Day 3

Eng-221/9 lead by 146 runs.

Riyazz
21st August 2010, 03:50 PM
Target 148 pak 5 for 1

GP
21st August 2010, 04:22 PM
pak-54/1

Puliyan_Biryani
21st August 2010, 08:56 PM
Pakistan won the match by 4 wickets. :thumbsup:

Plum
22nd August 2010, 10:46 AM
Cricinfo catches balakarthikits :lol: (http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/473662.html)

Johan Bothan

PARAMASHIVAN
23rd August 2010, 03:33 PM
Pakistan ki zindabad
Pakistan ki zindabad

HonestRaj style-la kekkuren

Paramu, Srilanka - NewZealand match bore adikkudhaa? :lol2:

:poke: :lol2:

I still support Pakistan ki zindabad :lol2:

PARAMASHIVAN
23rd August 2010, 03:35 PM
Pakistan ki zindabad
Pakistan ki zindabad

Plum

I think this is your 'Only' wrong prediction to date :lol2:

Pakistan ki zindabad :)

Plum
23rd August 2010, 03:45 PM
"Wrong" illaiyyA - Right dhAn. nAn nadakkaNunu nenaichadhu dhAn nadandhirukku ;-)

Plum
25th August 2010, 07:50 PM
Ponting, 35, insists he has more to show. "Last year for me Test-wise is one of those years where I look back and almost write it off," he said. "I think I got run out three times, got caught at bat-pad three times. I am working as hard as I have ever worked, if I am averaging 54 now I have to push that up again, up to a level I know I am capable of playing at. That's the great challenge for me."

Scary! Pricky may play for another 3 years atleast, and once he recovers from the current slump, he will score centuries and double centuries and more frequently.

Movie Cop
25th August 2010, 09:24 PM
Pakistan ki zindabad
Pakistan ki zindabad

Plum

I think this is your 'Only' wrong prediction to date :lol2:

Pakistan ki zindabad :)
Param Shiv ji,
Evlo years hubbing experience on your resume? :lol2: Remba kastam. :lol2:

"Plum Chatterjee" na ennanu matha hubbers kitErndhu kEttu therinjukonga. :lol:

Puliyan_Biryani
27th August 2010, 05:01 PM
Eng 79/5. Amir 4 wickets :thumbsup:

raghavendran
27th August 2010, 07:22 PM
"Wrong" illaiyyA - Right dhAn. nAn nadakkaNunu nenaichadhu dhAn nadandhirukku ;-)DECCAN CHARGERS JEIPANGENNU NEENGE PREDICT PANNINGALA ILLIYA?..I FORGOT :confused2:

raajarasigan
27th August 2010, 08:26 PM
"Wrong" illaiyyA - Right dhAn. nAn nadakkaNunu nenaichadhu dhAn nadandhirukku ;-)DECCAN CHARGERS JEIPANGENNU NEENGE PREDICT PANNINGALA ILLIYA?..I FORGOT :confused2:aama... IIRC, oru pudhu threade create pannar.. Adam Gilchrist perla... but that worked ragav... as per Plum's chatterg :lol:

VinodKumar's
28th August 2010, 12:11 AM
Broad :shock: :clap:

Bakistan :rotfl3:

ajaybaskar
28th August 2010, 01:49 PM
Trott, Broad.. :clap:

Vivasaayi
28th August 2010, 07:03 PM
Watched few heroics by mohammed amir.

:clap:

fast bowling has become a part of their culture it seems....I dont remember watching any Indian bowloer of this quality..chinna payyan..indha podu podran...

sathya_1979
28th August 2010, 09:35 PM
Pak, as usual!

VinodKumar's
29th August 2010, 02:15 AM

fast bowling has become a part of their culture it seems....I dont remember watching any Indian bowloer of this quality..chinna payyan..indha podu podran...

:exactly: :exactly: :exactly:

satissh_r
29th August 2010, 11:14 AM
[tscii:2edf71d5d3]Lord's Test at centre of fixing allegations

The fourth Test between England and Pakistan at Lord's is at the centre of a police investigation into spot-fixing, after a 35-year-old man was arrested after allegedly being caught offering to bribe Pakistan's bowlers to bowl no-balls on demand.

According to a report in The News of the World, Mazher Majeed accepted £150,000 to arrange a fix involving Pakistan's new-ball bowlers, Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Asif, whom he allegedly asked to bowl no-balls at specific moments of the match. The paper also alleges that the team captain, Salman Butt, and the wicketkeeper, Kamran Akmal, are involved, along with three other unnamed cricketers.

Cricinfo understands that the players named were questioned and were quizzed about sums of money found in the rooms, though it is thought that those were made up of the daily allowances players are given while on tour. The man arrested is believed to have contacts with the team though until now it was assumed he was acting as an agent for players, helping them secure sponsorship and kit contracts.

Officials from the ICC's Anti-Corruption Unit are currently flying in from Dubai, and in a statement, the ICC confirmed that the allegations were being taken seriously.

"The International Cricket Council, the England & Wales Cricket Board and the Pakistan Cricket Board have been informed by the Metropolitan Police that a 35-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to defraud bookmakers," read the statement.

"The Metropolitan Police have informed the ICC, ECB and PCB that their investigations continue and ICC, ECB and PCB, with the involvement of the ICC Anti-Corruption and Security Unit, are fully assisting those enquiries. No players nor team officials have been arrested in relation to this incident and the fourth npower Test match will continue as scheduled on Sunday. As this is now subject to a police investigation neither ICC, ECB, PCB, nor the ground authority, the MCC, will make any further comment."

A Scotland Yard spokeman added: "Following information received from the News of the World we have today [Saturday, August 28] arrested a 35-year old man on suspicion of conspiracy to defraud bookmakers."

In a video secretly recorded during the NOTW investigation, a man alleged to be Mazher is clearly heard predicting that Amir would bowl the first over of the England innings, and that he would deliver a no-ball from the first ball of the third over - which as Cricinfo's ball-by-ball commentary noted: "was an enormous no-ball, good half a metre over the line." The man also appeared to correctly predict a no-ball from the sixth ball of the tenth over, bowled this time by Asif.

Pakistan's team manager Yawar Saeed confirmed that the allegations were being investigated, with police turning up at the team hotel in Swiss Cottage at 7.30pm, shortly after the close of an eventful third day of the Lord's Test, in which Pakistan were left on the brink of defeat after losing 14 wickets in the day.

According to Sky News reporters outside the team hotel, police officers were seen leaving the building with two bags at around 11pm, while an unidentified man in a Pakistan training top was understood to have been taken away in an unmarked police car from the back of the building, although the team manager denied that any arrests had been made within the squad.

Even allowing for their disastrous on-field performance, Pakistan left Lord's with unusual haste after the third day's play, with the team bus departing barely 20 minutes after the close of play, before any member of the squad had taken part in the mandatory post-match press conference.

More to follow

Marubadiyuma :roll: [/tscii:2edf71d5d3]

steveaustin
29th August 2010, 12:29 PM
Fixistan. :wink:

venkkiram
29th August 2010, 05:24 PM

watch this too.. the way asif trapped kevin is simply outstanding!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBvL7zZBKfk&feature=related

Vivasaayi
29th August 2010, 05:26 PM

watch this too.. the way asif trapped kevin is simply outstanding!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBvL7zZBKfk&feature=related

asif and amir comination.. :clap:

soobarabu!!!

ajaybaskar
29th August 2010, 07:07 PM
Pak again caught on the wrong foot. Umar Amin and Wahab Riaz caught in video accepting cash from a fixer.

Puliyan_Biryani
30th August 2010, 07:28 AM
If an 18 year old youngster like Amir is involved in fixing then nobody can save cricket in Pakistan :-(

Imagine how much the negative influence in the camp would've been for him to go down that route (allegedly)

raghavendran
30th August 2010, 09:03 AM
If an 18 year old youngster like Amir is involved in fixing then nobody can save cricket in Pakistan :-(

Imagine how much the negative influence in the camp would've been for him to go down that route (allegedly)with so much talent y r they taking this route?...aamir,asif ellam gr8 prospects..but y :?

Puliyan_Biryani
30th August 2010, 10:30 AM
Talent irundhu enna prayosanam. Talent-a proper-aa nuture panra environment illai. These youngsters are introduced to team politics first and then only team tactics.

Umar Akmal, Amir-nu exciting talent varudhunnu sandhosapatten, aana :sigh2:

ajaybaskar
30th August 2010, 10:40 AM

Imagine how much the negative influence in the camp would've been for him to go down that route (allegedly)

Leave Amir... Atleast he would've played quite a number of test matches. How about Umar Amin and Riaz?

VinodKumar's
30th August 2010, 11:47 AM
Oru vela merati panam vaanga vaipaangalo. Ameer periya aala varuvaanu nenachaen.

Riyazz
30th August 2010, 12:05 PM

Imagine how much the negative influence in the camp would've been for him to go down that route (allegedly)kasu vanganumnu mudivu pantan apuram ena 18 vayasu 20vayasunu ella vayasukum kasu venum. Kase than kadavulapa

Puliyan_Biryani
30th August 2010, 12:10 PM
Vinod, that Bookie clearly says "These are poor guys. They are not getting paid much".

Surely there would have been some peer pressure to join the others in fixing. Also these young players like Amin, Riaz don't know whether they will play in the next match or not. So they are trying to maximize their income.

Puliyan_Biryani
30th August 2010, 12:18 PM

Imagine how much the negative influence in the camp would've been for him to go down that route (allegedly)kasu vanganumnu mudivu pantan apuram ena 18 vayasu 20vayasunu ella vayasukum kasu venum. Kase than kadavulapa
Generally when youngsters join some field (not just cricket) they will have ideologies, passion to succeed and eagerness to avoid mistakes of elders. That is why I was surprised to find youngsters accepting money. Otherwise agree with you, kaasedhaan kadavulada.

ajaybaskar
30th August 2010, 12:20 PM
Its also about the money the Pak cricketers make. Its nowhere near what the Indian, Aus, SL players make..

venkkiram
1st September 2010, 08:56 AM
வெள்ளத்தில் நாடே துயரத்தில் ஒரு புறம் ஆழ
வெட்கம், சூடு, சொரணையில்லாமல் விளையாட்டு
வேந்தர்கள் மறு புறம் சூதாட்டத்தில் வீழ
மரித்தது மானம் மட்டுமல்ல மனிதமும் தான்

தெரியாமல் நிகழ்வது நோ பால் என்றிருக்க
தெரிந்தே நோ பால் போடுவது வரலாற்றுக்கு புதிது
காண்பவை எல்லாம் பொய்யாகத் தெரிவது இயற்கையில் அரிது
காண்பித்த அமீரும் ஆசிஃபும் பெறலாம் ஆஸ்கர் விருது

ajithfederer
1st September 2010, 09:21 AM
A week or 3-4 days ago I saw a couple of classic cricket videos in cricinfo with very good links from you tube. I was planning to post them here but now I am unable to find it. Did anybody come across those videos?

raghavendran
1st September 2010, 10:40 AM
Vinod, that Bookie clearly says "These are poor guys. They are not getting paid much".

Surely there would have been some peer pressure to join the others in fixing. Also these young players like Amin, Riaz don't know whether they will play in the next match or not. So they are trying to maximize their income.crikcet pakistan kku mudivu vandhichu pola irukke :?

ajaybaskar
1st September 2010, 11:56 AM
No chance.. Even after the players were caught red handed, barring Rameez Raja, no Pakistani cricketer wants a life ban on the accused. Imran Khan has called for a fine on the players and a temporary suspension. Ippadi irukkumbodhu ivanga eppadi thurundhuvaanga...? ICCya paathu avanga status ai cancel panna undu.

raghavendran
1st September 2010, 12:14 PM
No chance.. Even after the players were caught red handed, barring Rameez Raja, no Pakistani cricketer wants a life ban on the accused. Imran Khan has called for a fine on the players and a temporary suspension. Ippadi irukkumbodhu ivanga eppadi thurundhuvaanga...? ICCya paathu avanga status ai cancel panna undu.yes..younis and yusufukke evvolo chance?..and shoaib aktharkku kudukadhe chancea?..audience and peopledhaan yemaligal.. :evil:

Puliyan_Biryani
1st September 2010, 12:53 PM
enakkennamo ICC-la petti vaangittu silent-a irukkaangannu thonudhu. The bigger the scandal the more the amount for keeping quiet. So this controversy would also die down quietly without much action from ICC.

PARAMASHIVAN
1st September 2010, 02:48 PM
Only Fossible by Fakistan :sigh2:

Puliyan_Biryani
1st September 2010, 05:30 PM
Pietersen drops himself by Twitter

kevinpp24: "Done for rest of summer!! Man of the World Cup T20 and dropped from the T20 side too. Its a f**k up!!,"

http://www.cricinfo.com/england-v-pakistan-2010/content/current/story/475255.html

vara vara indha twitter trend romba paraviduchu :D

raghavendran
1st September 2010, 06:28 PM
imran khan gave a gud interview in cnn ibn..but avaode sondhe political vishayangal pesa aramshitan..he says if the role model(refers to pak president)..is not gud..players apdithaan pannuvange..ennavo..lot of thesew things r happening..icc anti corruption unit..vijaykanth ode AFC madhiri edhavudhu pannunge..thungadheene :evil:

ajithfederer
1st September 2010, 09:36 PM
Disclaimer: Subject to future change(s) :).

Shewag
Gavaskar
Dravid
Tendulkar
Laxman
Ganguly (c)
Dhoni (Since he can bat better than Mongia and More)
Kumble
Kapil
Zaheer
Srinath.

Sorry folks, missed out the earlier conversations in this thread.

Based on the cricketers I've seen playing on TV, the following would be my team selection. Gavaskar, Tendulkar, Dravid and Kapil Dev pick themselves automatically.

Openers: Gavaskar, Sehwag. (Reserve: Siddhu)
One Down: Dravid (Reserve: Jimmy Amarnath)
Middle Order (4,5,6): Sachin, Vishy, Laxman. If we play 5 bowlers then Kapil can bat at 6 and would have to "reluctantly" drop Vishy.
#7 - Kapil Dev (if we play only 4 bowlers)
WK - Kirmani (Reserve: Kiran More)
Fast Bowlers: Srinath (Reserve: Zaheer Khan)
Spinners: Prasanna, Bedi, Kumble

So, the above gives my 16 member squad: Gavaskar, Sehwag, Dravid, Tendulkar (VC), Laxman, Kapil Dev (C), Kirmani, Srinath, Zaheer Khan, Bedi, Prasanna, Kumble, Vishy, Amarnath, Siddhu, More.

My playing XI will vary depending on the country/pitch conditions we play.

Playing XI* (Sub continent/WI): Gavaskar, Sehwag, Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman, Kapil Dev, Kirmani, Kumble, Srinath, Bedi, Prasanna.

* Can play just 5 batsmen (since our batsmen are typically good at home conditions) and play 3 spinners following Wadekar chatterjee.

Playing XI* (Aus/SA): Gavaskar, Sehwag, Dravid, Tendulkar, Vishy, Laxman, Kapil Dev, Kirmani, Kumble, Srinath, Zaheer.

* Need to beef up the batting with an extra batsman at the expense of a spinner and also replace another spinner with Zaheer

Playing XI* (Eng/Nzl): Gavaskar, Sehwag, Amarnath, Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman, Kapil Dev, Kirmani, Zaheer, Bedi, Prasanna.

* Replaced Vishy with Jimmy since Amarnath can provide extra medium pace/swing bowling option in England/Nzl and bring back another spinner at the expense of Srinath.

Sourav
2nd September 2010, 02:15 PM
A week or 3-4 days ago I saw a couple of classic cricket videos in cricinfo with very good links from you tube. I was planning to post them here but now I am unable to find it. Did anybody come across those videos?

http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/site/451900.html

Puliyan_Biryani
4th September 2010, 02:32 PM
Bookie claims India-Sri Lanka Rajkot ODI was fixed
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/top-stories/Bookie-claims-India-Sri-Lanka-Rajkot-ODI-was-fixed/articleshow/6488556.cms

innum ethanai thalai urulapogudho theriyalai

Plum
4th September 2010, 07:05 PM
A bookie in cape town has come out saying that the 434-438 match was fixed. "What are the odds that Australia fail to defend 400+?" asked the 40 year old man who makes a living selling carpets in a 40"40 pad in Cape Town. "I received this SMS from a well-connected friend of mine asking me to put a few dollars on the most expensive spell in ODI history being bowled in this match". It might be recalled that M Lewis ended up with this ignominy in this match. " I thought he was joking" rues the man, "I could have made a killing. You will be surprised that some aussies who you think are above board have a darker side".
With circumstantial evidence like that, will the authorities investigate.

See, how easy it is to make up a story like that?

sathya_1979
4th September 2010, 07:08 PM
Better legalize betting. at least the authorities (?) would have a proper watch on the odds and can have solid proof / evidence when something fishy happens.

Puliyan_Biryani
4th September 2010, 08:21 PM
Every time a scandal breaks out there will always be some rubbish thrown around about similar incidents. But there will be 1 or 2 genuine cases which get lost in the rubbish. It is the responsibility of the authorities to investigate and clear all doubts (if such a thing is possible at all).

What will happen now is each cricket fan replaying old matches (which their team lost) in their mind to check if there was anything suspicious :banghead: . And all close matches in the future would be categorized as fixed if the result is not in their favor banghead:

//Welcome back Plum. kaththiya kUr thIttIttu kaLam eRangiruppInga pOla :D//

Vivasaayi
4th September 2010, 11:28 PM
A bookie in cape town has come out saying that the 434-438 match was fixed. "What are the odds that Australia fail to defend 400+?" asked the 40 year old man who makes a living selling carpets in a 40"40 pad in Cape Town. "I received this SMS from a well-connected friend of mine asking me to put a few dollars on the most expensive spell in ODI history being bowled in this match". It might be recalled that M Lewis ended up with this ignominy in this match. " I thought he was joking" rues the man, "I could have made a killing. You will be surprised that some aussies who you think are above board have a darker side".
With circumstantial evidence like that, will the authorities investigate.

See, how easy it is to make up a story like that?

actualy plum, you made a better story than TOI did....

ajithfederer
4th September 2010, 11:29 PM
No sourav. Not this one. This is legends of cricket on Viv Richards.

The one i saw was on classic test matches from the 70's and 80's. The cricinfo link pointed to youtube which had complete videos of those matches.

http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/site/451900.html

Puliyan_Biryani
5th September 2010, 11:31 AM
Pak batsman says players are fixing almost every match: Report
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/top-stories/Pak-batsman-says-players-are-fixing-almost-every-match-Report/articleshow/6494387.cms

Yasir Hameed has allegedly said this and then denied in a Pak TV.

His career is over, I think. Plum ippadi aniyaayama oruthan career-a mudichuttaaru :wink:

sathya_1979
5th September 2010, 04:41 PM
IPL Season - 4 to start 5 days after the WC :banghead:

http://www.cricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2011/content/current/story/475828.html

Puliyan_Biryani
5th September 2010, 04:49 PM

http://www.cricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2011/content/current/story/475828.html
eppadiyo WC-ku evanum injure aaga maattan, due to this IPL. WC-dhaan mukkiyam amaichare.

sathya_1979
5th September 2010, 04:51 PM

eppadiyo WC-ku evanum injure aaga maattan, due to this IPL. WC-dhaan mukkiyam amaichare.
On the contrary, IPLla veLayaadinaa pOdhumnu yaarachum WCla injure aagi okkaandhura pOraanga?

Puliyan_Biryani
5th September 2010, 04:58 PM

On the contrary, IPLla veLayaadinaa pOdhumnu yaarachum WCla injure aagi okkaandhura pOraanga?
neengale idea kuduppeenga pola irukke. erkanave sila foreign players ellaam paid mercenaries maadhiri aagittaanga. With the future of ODI format and the 2015 WC looking bleak, this is the last chance to win this coveted trophy. Hope they put their minds into it.

sathya_1979
5th September 2010, 05:05 PM
naan pOidhaan irukkavanungaLa kedukkaNumaam? look at the repeat mistakes and refusal to learn.
BTW, avangaLa kurai solli puNNiyam illai. 40 mark vaanginaa pOdhum 7 figure salary nu sonnaa, how many of them will try for 95+ marks?
2 maasam viLayaadina pOdhum sila pala kOdigaL sambaadhikkalaam endraal, edhukku kashtappattu tests / ODI etc ellaam veLayaadaNum nu thOnudhal iyarkkai!

Puliyan_Biryani
5th September 2010, 08:01 PM
namma meladhaanga modhal thappu. Cricketers-a romba thalaila thookki vachu kondaadittu irundhom, adhai kaasu paakka oru koottam kelambuchu. andha process-la vandha prachanaidhaan idhellaam. idhuve Football, Hockey League-kellaam edhaavadhu support irukkaa?

India T20 WC jeyichadhudhaan periya prachanaiye (ippadi eppadi sollalaamnu neraya peru veecharuvaa velkamboda varradhu en kannukku theriyudhu :D ). aanaa andha WC mattum namma thothurundha indha IPL, His Majesty Modi-laam vandhurukkave vandhurukkaadhu.

sathya_1979
5th September 2010, 08:15 PM
Point perfect PB! naama andha WC jeichadhe IPL popularize paNNadhaanu oru conspiracy theory vEra irukku. Looking at revelations by Pak players, edhai namburadhune thereela

ajithfederer
5th September 2010, 08:17 PM
Edhukku naalanju naal thalli pottukittu :x :huh: ?. Saanthi muhurtham madhiri annaikki nite-ae vekka vendiyadhu thaane. :P.

sathya_1979
5th September 2010, 08:18 PM
Edhukku naalanju naal thalli podanum. Saanthi muhurtham madhiri odanukku odane vekka vendiyadhu thaane. :P.

oNNarai maasam veLayaadi (pun intended) kaLaichu pOiruppaanga, konjam rest and recharge vENume!

Puliyan_Biryani
5th September 2010, 08:28 PM
Point perfect PB! naama andha WC jeichadhe IPL popularize paNNadhaanu oru conspiracy theory vEra irukku. Looking at revelations by Pak players, edhai namburadhune thereela
After the latest scandals, this conspiracy theory also seems plausible. Not trying to implicate a player but who knows what numbers were floating around 33 year old Misbah's mind. adhuvum thangath thalaivan Joginder Sharma jeyichu koduthadhu :shock:

10 post munnaadidhaan idhai pathi sonnen. ippo enakke adhu nadakkudhu :banghead:

What will happen now is each cricket fan replaying old matches (which their team lost) in their mind to check if there was anything suspicious . And all close matches in the future would be categorized as fixed if the result is not in their favor banghead:

Puliyan_Biryani
5th September 2010, 08:30 PM
Edhukku naalanju naal thalli pottukittu :x :huh: ?. Saanthi muhurtham madhiri annaikki nite-ae vekka vendiyadhu thaane. :P.

:rotfl:

Sorry boss, night IPL party attend pannanum so naanga match-a thalli potturukkom.

sathya_1979
5th September 2010, 08:31 PM
Best thing is to stop watching matches by Pak, for now, no matter even if it is WC finals vs India.

sathya_1979
5th September 2010, 08:31 PM

Sorry boss, night IPL party attend pannanum so naanga match-a thalli potturukkom.
saanthi muhurtham IPL parties ellaam oNNudhaane!

sathya_1979
5th September 2010, 08:39 PM
Cricket rasigan:
yaaraiththaan nambuvadhO pEdhai nenjam
ammamma aattaththile yaavum vanjam

ajithfederer
5th September 2010, 08:45 PM
I hope thalaivar snubs this event next year if it indeed happens within a week of world cup.

sathya_1979
5th September 2010, 08:48 PM
I hope thalaivar snubs this event next year if it indeed happens within a week of world cup.
Feddy, yes it starts 5 days after WC. Rules have been framed - 2 groups of 5 teams each, 74 matches, Player Auction cap increased from 6 to 9 Mill $, Teams can retain 4 players....

venkkiram
6th September 2010, 08:45 AM
Rediff article - I will slap any bookie who approaches me: Harbhajan (http://cricket.rediff.com/report/2010/sep/05/harbhajan-singh-will-slap-bookies-if-they-come-close.htm)

the following one line comment under this article brought me laugh spontaneously..

This statement explains why Bhajji slapped Sreesanth.

Sourav
6th September 2010, 11:11 AM
http://bangaloremirror.com/article/71/201009062010090600310738673314778/Senior-Lanka-cricketer-on-ICC-radar.html?pageno=1

yaara irukkum?! :think:

PARAMASHIVAN
6th September 2010, 04:19 PM
[tscii:89d1661a1c]Sri Lankan players also approached
Sidharth Monga

September 5, 2010

Text size: A | A
The source said one of the other issues around the entire anti-corruption exercise was the confidentiality of reporting approaches to the ICC © Associated Press

Enlarge

Related LinksNews : Tim Nielsen reveals suspicious approaches
In Focus: Match-fixing
Teams: Sri Lanka

Members of the Sri Lankan team have been approached by people being described as "suspicious characters" more than once over the last year. Team sources, however, told ESPNcricinfo that contrary to newspaper reports, the Sri Lankan team did not report any specific player to the ICC's Anti-Corruption and Security Unit (ACSU).

During the 2009 World Twenty20 in England, several players first brought to the notice of the Sri Lankan management that there were suspicious people "hanging around and trying to talk and approach". The matter was immediately reported to the ACSU, whereupon Alan Peacock, senior investigator of the unit, took statements from the players who had made the reports.

Nishantha Ranatunga, the SLC secretary, too, confirmed that "the report was handed over to ACSU by manager Brendon Kuruppu". The team management also got Peacock to speak to the team on these issues, and players were encouraged to report any approach openly.

That, though, was not the last time the team had to make such reports to the ACSU. There were other approaches since then, and the ICC and SLC had all the details. The source said the year had been a particularly difficult time "to hold the team together, and still manage to keep giving our best".

The source said: "We always wanted to make sure that whenever we played it was as clean as possible." The players were asked to report immediately "if there was any doubt".

"We wanted to make sure that the cricket board and the ACSU are given every opportunity to ensure the players are protected from these influences. Every opportunity was given to see if any player was guilty of it, to make sure those things were dealt with in tandem with the cricket board."

The source said one of the other issues around the entire anti-corruption exercise was the confidentiality of reporting approaches to the ICC. "Most of the time you might think twice [before reporting]," the source said. "If you find it reported in a newspaper, another newspaper can carry it, and so on... It has to be confidential. Players must report but people have to make sure they feel safe to do so. At the same time, the ICC's code itself makes it mandatory for players to report these things. You have to build the trust up. Players also want a clean game."

Additional reporting by Sa'adi Thawfeeq

source : cricinfo.com

Okkama Honthai :rotfl: [/tscii:89d1661a1c]

Puliyan_Biryani
6th September 2010, 07:25 PM
Okkama Honthai :rotfl:
idhu ennannu sonna naangalum konjam sirippom :D

PARAMASHIVAN
6th September 2010, 07:58 PM
Okkama Honthai :rotfl:
idhu ennannu sonna naangalum konjam sirippom :D

:lol2:

enaku therincha oru sila sinhala sollila ithu ondru.

It means ' we are all ok ' , nothing that funny though :)

Puliyan_Biryani
6th September 2010, 08:52 PM
Senior player-nu solradhai paatha enakku Dilshu mela konjam doubt-a irukku. paapom

Dinesh84
16th September 2010, 04:53 PM
Flintoff to announce retirement (http://www.cricinfo.com/england/content/story/477345.html)
Andrew Flintoff will announce his retirement from all cricket later on Thursday after giving in to his long-standing knee injuries.

Flintoff retired from Test cricket after last year's Ashes victory and underwent knee surgery straight away. He hoped to return to action this season, but that was ruled out last month and he then aimed for Twenty20 stints in Australia and the IPL. However, his latest meeting with the surgeon has led to what has long seemed the inevitable decision.

VinodKumar's
16th September 2010, 07:09 PM
http://www.cricinfo.com/england/content/current/story/477345.html

:cry2:

Dhakshan
16th September 2010, 08:59 PM
Rediff article - I will slap any bookie who approaches me: Harbhajan (http://cricket.rediff.com/report/2010/sep/05/harbhajan-singh-will-slap-bookies-if-they-come-close.htm)

the following one line comment under this article brought me laugh spontaneously..

This statement explains why Bhajji slapped Sreesanth.

:lol: :rotfl3:
Ranaganathilum oru kudhugalam...

littlemaster1982
17th September 2010, 08:55 AM
Senior player-nu solradhai paatha enakku Dilshu mela konjam doubt-a irukku. paapom

Ellorukkume avan meladhan doubttu :roll:

Sourav
17th September 2010, 11:06 AM
http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/477389.html

Sourav
17th September 2010, 11:10 AM

Ellorukkume avan meladhan doubttu :roll:
http://cricketnext.in.com/news/matchfixing-sangakkara-defends-dilshan/50447-13.html

ithu veraya... no-ball vera poda sonnan... ipl-auction-la DD ivanai retain panna koodathu... :twisted:

Dinesh84
17th September 2010, 05:03 PM
http://www.cricinfo.com/inline/content/image/475355.jpg
:roll:

GP
17th September 2010, 06:22 PM
baakistan-31/3 (10 ov)
indha matchum fixedA? :lol2:

Puliyan_Biryani
17th September 2010, 06:55 PM
Bookie claims all Pakistan-England Tests were fixed
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/top-stories/Bookie-claims-all-Pakistan-England-Tests-were-fixed/articleshow/6570323.cms

ivlo rangalathulayum oru test match win pannina Baakistanukku :thumbsup:

PARAMASHIVAN
17th September 2010, 06:58 PM
England ODI ranking la 2nd Place :shock: :shock: :shock:

Plum
18th September 2010, 08:32 AM
Pakistan :hammer:
England australia kitta ellAm vENumnE thOthu avanga ranking-ai Ethi vudaradhu
India kitta mattum full potentialku veLayAdi, thOkkadikaradhu :evil:

Just wonder if only Pak had not fixed matches in last 20-25 years, where will other dominant nations be today. I say this because it won't afect india much since they lost a lot to pak anyway so there was no need to fix against india or no effort to fix - if they did india would have won more - but considering close losses to aus/eng, the latter's sheen is reduced a lot.

GP
18th September 2010, 11:14 AM
England ODI ranking la 2nd Place :shock: :shock: :shock: after losing to Pak, England is now ranked 5th.
India, SL, SA are ranked 2-4. All of them have 115 points. but India inch ahead when points calculated to decimals.
Eng has 113 points.

Sourav
20th September 2010, 05:31 PM
http://www.indiablooms.com/SportsDetailsPage/sportsDetails200910c.php

LG ICC Awards 2010

Short-lists of nominees (in alphabetical order)

Individual Awards

Cricketer of the Year

Hashim Amla (SA)

Virender Sehwag (Ind)

Graeme Swann (Eng)

Sachin Tendulkar (Ind)

Test Player of the Year

Hashim Amla (SA)

Virender Sehwag (Ind)

Dale Steyn (SA)

Sachin Tendulkar (Ind)

ODI Player of the Year

Ryan Harris (Aus)

Sachin Tendulkar (Ind)

AB de Villiers (SA)

Shane Watson (Aus)

Emerging Player

Umar Akmal (Pak)

Steven Finn (Eng)

Angelo Mathews (SL)

Tim Paine (Aus)[tscii:2a5bda32ef][/tscii:2a5bda32ef]

PARAMASHIVAN
20th September 2010, 05:35 PM
England ODI ranking la 2nd Place :shock: :shock: :shock: after losing to Pak, England is now ranked 5th.
India, SL, SA are ranked 2-4. All of them have 115 points. but India inch ahead when points calculated to decimals.
Eng has 113 points.

athane parthEn Inger laandu doesn't deserve to be no 2 , they are just better than Zim, B'desh, canada and the dutch :rotfl:

PARAMASHIVAN
20th September 2010, 05:38 PM
Fakistan's cricketing Puture :sigh2:

ajithfederer
20th September 2010, 09:00 PM
http://www.cricinfo.com/england-v-pakistan-2010/engine/current/match/426431.html

Abdul Razzaq in a blitzkreig mode. 44 off 20 balls lifts Pakistan to 265/7. Ivanunga match-ae follow panrardhukke bayama irukku :twisted:.

End of over 50 (21 runs) Pakistan 265/7 (RR: 5.30) Abdul Razzaq 44* (20b 8x4 1x6) TT Bresnan 10-0-62-1
Umar Gul 5* (10b) JM Anderson 10-1-54-0

Bresnan to Abdul Razzaq, FOUR, 87.2 mph

Bresnan to Abdul Razzaq, FOUR, 87.9 mph, another boundary! Razzaq is taking a heavy toll in these closing overs, he's such a dangerous batsman at this stage of the innings. Bresnan dishes up a full toss on off stump and Razzaq thrashes him in the air and down to long-off

Bresnan to Abdul Razzaq, FOUR, 76.7 mph, edged to third man, four more! Slashing cut from Razzaq, the ball took a thick edge and looped over short third man

Bresnan to Abdul Razzaq, FOUR, 86.4 mph, just short of six! That was a flat hit, length delivery on off stump and Razzaq just stood at the crease and carved through the line. There's no stopping him now!

Long-off comes up to mid-off now, deep square leg goes out

Bresnan to Abdul Razzaq, FOUR, 86.0 mph, that has raced to the boundary before anyone had a chance to move, scorching the grass along the way! Low full toss outside off, Razzaq makes room to strike the ball and hammers the drive!

Bresnan to Umar Gul, 1 run, 73.5 mph, sensible stuff, just nudging to midwicket to get Razzaq back on strike

Right, last over coming up. Deep cover, deep midwicket and long-off are out

End of over 49 (21 runs) Pakistan 244/7 (RR: 4.97) Abdul Razzaq 24* (15b 3x4 1x6) JM Anderson 10-1-54-0
Umar Gul 4* (9b) SCJ Broad 10-0-44-2

Anderson to Abdul Razzaq, 2 runs, 86.3 mph, a diving cover fielder saves two runs! That was full and very well-hit again by Razzaq, but the man at cover got a hand to it so just two to finish the over

Anderson to Abdul Razzaq, FOUR, 86.0 mph, Anderson ups the pace and goes for the yorker, but it doesn't make a difference! Razzaq backs to leg and slaps very hard through cover, there's no stopping that!

Anderson to Abdul Razzaq, SIX, 75.0 mph, huge! Legcutter from Anderson, Razzaq was waiting for it, again clearing the left leg and lifting this crisply over long-on. Such a clean hit, right out of the middle! Razzaq is firing now, very important runs from him

Square leg comes in, long-off goes out now

Anderson to Abdul Razzaq, FOUR, 75.6 mph, and again! This is an even better shot, length delivery outside off - another slower one - and Razzaq thumped it over cover

Anderson to Abdul Razzaq, FOUR, 73.8 mph, finally, aggression from Razzaq! Overpitched outside off by Anderson, Razzaq cleared the left leg and scythed up and over cover

Anderson to Umar Gul, 1 run, 78.7 mph, pushed with no great intent towards midwicket, where there is a single on offer

ajithfederer
20th September 2010, 10:42 PM
Ingilaandhu steady at 81/0 after 12 overs/.

PARAMASHIVAN
21st September 2010, 08:51 PM
Inger land lost :God Save the Queen: :rotfl:

ajithfederer
22nd September 2010, 09:53 PM
http://www.cricinfo.com/england-v-pakistan-2010/engine/current/match/426432.html

England fighting well. 174/4. (38 overs)

Collingwood 36* and Eoin Morgan 62*.

ajithfederer
22nd September 2010, 10:47 PM
Well done Morgan. Another 100 on the boot. Thalaivar perae kaapathurakugavae nee nanna run adippa.

Puliyan_Biryani
22nd September 2010, 10:50 PM
Feddy :notworthy:. oore Chennai match paathuttu irukku, neenga mattum inga thaniya muttu kuduthuttu irukkeenga :D

ajithfederer
22nd September 2010, 10:52 PM
En varalatriliyae (Aama ivar peria alexandarru) naan chennai matches paakuradhu romba aboorvam :lol:. Namakkum chennaikkum romba dhooram. Ninga pudhushungradhunala ungalukku theriala.

And anyday for me ODI's>>>>>>>>>>Tonty 20's.

Feddy :notworthy:. oore Chennai match paathuttu irukku, neenga mattum inga thaniya muttu kuduthuttu irukkeenga :D

Puliyan_Biryani
22nd September 2010, 10:59 PM
En varalatriliyae (Aama ivar peria alexandarru) naan chennai matches paakuradhu romba aboorvam :lol:. Namakkum chennaikkum romba dhooram. Ninga pudhushungradhunala ungalukku theriala.

And anyday for me ODI's>>>>>>>>>>Tonty 20's.

dhooramnaa oru 200 km irukkuma :D JK. Enjoy the match. eppadiyum baakistan thothurum.

ajithfederer
23rd September 2010, 12:01 AM
http://www.cricinfo.com/england-v-pakistan-2010/engine/current/match/426432.html

Pak solid 57/0.

Puliyan_Biryani
23rd September 2010, 12:24 AM
Feddy still awake? Was expecting "Twin strikes rock Pak" from you :D. Pak 65/2 after 14 overs.

Puliyan_Biryani
23rd September 2010, 12:57 AM
Swann bowling around the wicket to Alam. Ball pitches on leg and hits the top of off stump :notworthy:. This is the reason why we watch cricket.

Quoting Plumji (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=2203415#2203415)

VinodKumar's
23rd September 2010, 01:11 AM
Well done Morgan. Another 100 on the boot. Thalaivar perae kaapathurakugavae nee nanna run adippa.

Ippo thaan Morgan century nu paathaen. Udanae namma Stan kita irunthu oru post vanthurukumaenu vanthu paathaen irruku :D

ajithfederer
23rd September 2010, 01:31 AM
Pak lost. Eng take series.

Dinesh84
23rd September 2010, 02:56 PM
Bravo, Pollard turn down WICB contracts (http://www.cricinfo.com/westindies/content/current/story/478374.html)

Allrounders Dwayne Bravo and Kieron Pollard have not accepted the one-year central contracts offered to them by the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB), ESPNcricinfo has learnt.

The contracts, worth US$80,000, require the players to make themselves available for West Indies at all times, but Pollard in particular has already shown a reluctance to do so. In June, he turned down a place on the one-day leg of the West Indies A-team tour to England in favour of his deal with Somerset for the Friends Provident t20.

In addition to his Somerset deal, Pollard plays for his home country of Trinidad & Tobago, was signed by the Mumbai Indians for the maximum payable amount of $750,000 to play in the 2010 IPL, and played for South Australia in the Twenty20 Big Bash, where he topped the charts with 190 runs in six innings at a strike rate of 145.03. Both Mumbai and South Australia qualified for the 2010 Champions League Twenty20, in part because of Pollard's contributions.

Bravo also plays for Mumbai in the IPL (for an undisclosed amount), and he was signed by English county Essex just to play on finals day of the Provident t20 this season. He has also turned out for Trinidad and Tobago in the Caribbean T20, where he made 116 runs in three innings and took six wickets with an economy rate under six.

WICB corporate communications officer, Imran Khan, told CMC Sports the board would make an announcement shortly on the players to replace Bravo and Pollard. The board also did not offer Ramnaresh Sarwan a contract, saying they were unhappy with his attitude to fitness and training, which means three important West Indies players are not contracted with the WICB.

The WICB had offered 25 players contracts on August 31 - ten of them were development contracts worth $25,000 - and gave the players until September 10 to accept them. If any player chose not to accept the contract, the board said it would make alternate offers. According to the Nation, 22 of the players have signed the contracts, while one wanted an extension and two indicated they would not accept.

The board also said at the time that those outside the contract list would still be able to represent West Indies.

Sourav
24th September 2010, 09:34 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/international/theashes/8020182/The-Ashes-2010-England-squad-announcement-as-it-happened.html

England Ashes Test squad

Andrew Strauss (captain) (Middlesex)

Alastair Cook (vice-captain) (Essex)

James Anderson (Lancashire)

Ian Bell (Warwickshire)

Tim Bresnan (Yorkshire)

Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire)

Paul Collingwood (Durham)

Steven Davies (wicketkeeper) (Surrey)

Steven Finn (Middlesex)

Eoin Morgan (Middlesex)

Monty Panesar (Sussex)

Kevin Pietersen (Hampshire)

Matt Prior (wicketkeeper) (Sussex)

Graeme Swann (Nottinghamshire)

Chris Tremlett (Surrey)

Jonathan Trott (Warwickshire)

Feddy, start a ashes-2010 thread pls.

MADDY
24th September 2010, 09:49 AM
[tscii:00e63112a6]Apologise or we’ll sue, ECB tell Butt (http://www.cityam.com/sport/apologise-or-we%E2%80%99ll-sue-ecb-tell-butt)

JON COUCH
ACCUSED England players have formally demanded a “full and unreserved” apology from Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Ijaz Butt after he alleged they were involved in match fixing.

Butt sparked outrage in the England dressing room after suggesting the players took money to lose the third one-day international at the Oval last Friday.

Despite calls for them to withdraw from the series, England reluctantly played out the remaining two games, eventually clinching a 3-2 win at the Rose Bowl on Wednesday.

But now, the England and Wales Cricket Board has joined forces with the Professional Cricketers Association to draft a letter to Butt threatening legal action if no apology is made.

A statement confirmed: “The letter seeks a full and unreserved apology. Mr Butt has been advised that if a satisfactory response is not received, legal proceedings will be commenced against him without further notice.”

Meanwhile, police investigations are continuing into allegations that Test captain Salman Butt and fast bowlers Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Asif were part of a spot-fixing plot during the fourth Test at Headingley. All three have been suspended by the International Cricket Council.

this is a serious and unwanted allegation from Butt - summa irukka vendiyadhu dhaane........now, BCCI and "godhumai thirudan" pawar will make amends and pacify both sides

[/tscii:00e63112a6]

ajithfederer
24th September 2010, 10:05 AM
Started (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=14778&highlight=)

Feddy, start a ashes-2010 thread pls.

19thmay
30th September 2010, 10:20 AM
Cricbuzz :thumbsup:

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-schedule/series/228/icc-world-cup-2011

Dinesh84
30th September 2010, 11:03 AM
only one India match at Chennai :banghead:

Sourav
30th September 2010, 11:12 AM
only one India match at Chennai :banghead:ella city-kum 1 india match thanga... :roll: ellathaiyum ingaye nadatha solreengala... :roll:

Sourav
30th September 2010, 11:16 AM
look at kolkata... india thavira mattha ellam sotthai matchu... :lol:

Dinesh84
30th September 2010, 11:50 AM
only one India match at Chennai :banghead:ella city-kum 1 india match thanga... :roll: ellathaiyum ingaye nadatha solreengala... :roll: atleast oru quarter - semis avathu nadathalaam.. y is that Mumbai always gets to host finals ? :roll:

Plum
30th September 2010, 12:09 PM
Yes, we should actually get a final. Calcutta and Mumbai have got major finals in the past. IMO, Chepauk ranks alongside Eden in terms of overall romanticism as historic ground in India. Apart from that, we have the better crowd and atmosphere.

Seenivasar president AnavuNE idhaiyellAm sari paNNuvarnu nambuvOm!

19thmay
30th September 2010, 12:19 PM
only one India match at Chennai :banghead:ella city-kum 1 india match thanga... :roll: ellathaiyum ingaye nadatha solreengala... :roll: atleast oru quarter - semis avathu nadathalaam.. y is that Mumbai always gets to host finals ? :roll:

India - Finals - Champions - Sachin - Last WC 8-)

ajithfederer
1st October 2010, 05:01 AM
Aaahn appuram :lol:

India - Finals - Champions - Sachin - Last WC 8-)

Sourav
1st October 2010, 09:28 AM
Pick ur all-time world Test XI here,

http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/478566.html

http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/magazine/world_alltime.html

Sourav
6th October 2010, 03:03 PM
Icc Awards 2010 To Out Today
06 Oct 2010 10:38:00 AM Font Size : [Font Plus] [Font Minus]

ICC Awards 2010 will be announced amidst glittering ceremony in Bangalore today.

Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar and Virender Sehwag are in the fray for this year’s LG ICC Awards.

Tendulkar has been nominated in four categories, Cricketer of the Year, ODI player of the Year, Test Cricketer of the Year and People’s Choice Award, while Sehwag has been in fray for two categories, Cricketer of the Year and Test player of the Year.

The Indian batting maestro has almost every award in his kitty but he is still awaiting ICC awards. It is expected that Sachin will bag this year's award.

Other players, who are nominated for ICC Awards 2010:

Cricketer of the Year: Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, Hashim Amla (SA), Graeme Swann (Eng).

Women's Cricketer of the Year: Katherine Brunt (Eng), Stafanie Taylor (WI), Shelley Nitschke (Aus), Ellyse Perry (Aus).

Test Player of the Year: Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, Hashim Amla (SA), Dale Steyn (SA).

ODI Player of the Year: Sachin Tendulkar (Ind), AB de Villiers (SA), Ryan Harris (Aus), Shane Watson (Aus).

Emerging Player: Angelo Mathews (SL), Tim Paine (Aus) Umar Akmal (Pak), Steven Finn (Eng).

Twenty20 International Performance of the Year: Ryan McLaren, Brendon McCullum, Michael Hussey, Mahela Jayawardena.

Umpire of the Year: Tony Hill, Simon Taufel, Aleem Dar, Steve Davis

LG People's Choice Award: Sachin Tendulkar (Ind), Michael Hussey (Aus), Mahela Jayawardena (SL), Andrew Strauss (Eng), AB de Villiers (SA).

Spirit of Cricket: India, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe. New Zealand.
[tscii:a46cc80490][/tscii:a46cc80490]

any channel telecasting it live??? :?

ajaybaskar
6th October 2010, 03:07 PM
Dont think so.. NDTV may telecast it in a later day.

Sourav
6th October 2010, 03:13 PM
thanks ajay... just now checked espnstar site...
they telecasting it...but, not live...

tonight 9.30pm.

Sourav
6th October 2010, 05:57 PM
3 mins ago

http://cricket.ndtv.com/storypage.aspx?id=SPOEN20100155577&nid=57506

McCullum wins award for best T20 performance
NDTV Correspondent

//

i think the award ceremony has started... i m leaving office, ajay or dhak pls msg me if viru gets award.... :wave:

Dhakshan
6th October 2010, 06:39 PM
Hurrey.. India wins Test team of the year.. Sachin Tendulkar wins ICC player of the year and people's choice and Sehwag wins Test player of the year.. Dhoni wins Test captain of the year.. :happydance: :cheer: :bluejump: :redjump:

Maniraj
6th October 2010, 06:43 PM
Hurrey.. India wins Test team of the year.. Sachin Tendulkar wins ICC player of the year and people's choice and Sehwag wins Test player of the year.. Dhoni wins Test captain of the year.. :happydance: :cheer: :bluejump: :redjump:

:happydance: :bluejump: :cheer: :2thumbsup:

Riyazz
6th October 2010, 07:11 PM
Hurrey.. India wins Test team of the year.. Sachin Tendulkar wins ICC player of the year and people's choice and Sehwag wins Test player of the year.. Dhoni wins Test captain of the year.. :happydance: :cheer: :bluejump: :redjump: :happydance: indian team :thumbsup: :cheer: :redjump:

Sourav
6th October 2010, 08:28 PM
International Cricket Council 2010 Awards:

Player of the Year: Sachin Tendulkar, India

Test Player: Virender Sehwag, India

ODI Player: AB de Villiers, South Africa

Emerging Player: Steven Finn, England

Women's Player: Shelley Nitschke, Australia

People's Choice: Tendulkar

Associate Player: Ryan ten Doeschate, Netherlands

Spirit of Cricket Award: New Zealand

Umpire: Aleem Dar, Pakistan

Twenty20 International Performance: Brendon McCullum, New Zealand

World Test XI:
Virender Sehwag (India), Simon Katich (Australia), Sachin Tendulkar (India), Hashim Amla (South Africa), Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka), Jacques Kallis (South Africa), Mahendra Singh Dhoni (India, captain), Graeme Swann (England), James Anderson (England), Dale Steyn (South Africa), Doug Bollinger (Australia)

World ODI XI:
Sachin Tendulkar (India), Shane Watson (Australia), Michael Hussey (Australia), AB de Villiers (South Africa), Paul Collingwood (England), Ricky Ponting (Australia, captain), Mahendra Singh Dhoni (India), Daniel Vettori (New Zealand), Stuart Broad (England), Doug Bollinger (Australia), Ryan Harris (Australia)[tscii:f8f1e9891f][/tscii:f8f1e9891f]

ajithfederer
6th October 2010, 08:40 PM

ODI Player: AB de Villiers, South Africa

Emerging Player: Steven Finn, England

Women's Player: Shelley Nitschke, Australia

Associate Player: Ryan ten Doeschate, Netherlands

Umpire: Aleem Dar, Pakistan

Twenty20 International Performance: Brendon McCullum, New Zealand

World Test XI:
Virender Sehwag (India), Simon Katich (Australia), Sachin Tendulkar (India), Hashim Amla (South Africa), Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka), Jacques Kallis (South Africa), Mahendra Singh Dhoni (India, captain), Graeme Swann (England), James Anderson (England), Dale Steyn (South Africa), Doug Bollinger (Australia)

World ODI XI:
Sachin Tendulkar (India), Shane Watson (Australia), Michael Hussey (Australia), AB de Villiers (South Africa), Paul Collingwood (England), Ricky Ponting (Australia, captain), Mahendra Singh Dhoni (India), Daniel Vettori (New Zealand), Stuart Broad (England), Doug Bollinger (Australia), Ryan Harris (Australia)[tscii:dd5324a5dd][/tscii:dd5324a5dd]

sathya_1979
6th October 2010, 09:07 PM
From BBC 606 Messageboard:

"Not a single Pakistani has won anything so far or been included in the test/ODI teams so far...I wonder why"

they are waiting for no-ball of the year award.

sathya_1979
6th October 2010, 09:20 PM
I have a serious doubt - Many players have been suspected for Match-Fixing, Spot Fixing, Defect Fixing etc.
But, offlate many umpires have been doing blunders series after series. Why no shadow of suspicion is cast on them? Bookies will know that cost of buying an umpire will be less than cost of buying 2-3 players.
Any thoughts?

Dhakshan
6th October 2010, 09:23 PM
-deleted-

Dhakshan
6th October 2010, 09:23 PM

"Not a single Pakistani has won anything so far or been included in the test/ODI teams so far...I wonder why"

Riyazz
6th October 2010, 11:50 PM

Riyazz
6th October 2010, 11:55 PM
I have a serious doubt - Many players have been suspected for Match-Fixing, Spot Fixing, Defect Fixing etc.
But, offlate many umpires have been doing blunders series after series. Why no shadow of suspicion is cast on them? Bookies will know that cost of buying an umpire will be less than cost of buying 2-3 players.
Any thoughts? good question :clap:

ajithfederer
7th October 2010, 12:40 AM
Aleem Dar named Umpire of the Year (http://www.cricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/current/story/480079.html)

"Not a single Pakistani has won anything so far or been included in

Dhakshan
7th October 2010, 08:14 AM
Aleem Dar named Umpire of the Year (http://www.cricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/current/story/480079.html)

Avar Pak player-a sonaarunga...

19thmay
7th October 2010, 10:10 AM

:clap: :2thumbsup: :victory:

:thumbsup: 8-) :cool2:

:D :P :cheer:

:clap: Perfect!! :exactly: :yes:

World Test XI:

8-) :redjump:

World ODI XI:
Sachin Tendulkar (India), Shane Watson (Australia), Michael Hussey (Australia), AB de Villiers (South Africa), Paul Collingwood (England), Ricky Ponting (Australia, captain), Mahendra Singh Dhoni (India), Daniel Vettori (New Zealand), Stuart Broad (England), Doug Bollinger (Australia), Ryan Harris (Australia)

:fishgrin: :boo:

Puliyan_Biryani
7th October 2010, 11:13 PM
All awards perfect :2thumbsup:.

Spirit of Cricket for NZ :thumbsup: (SL :hammer:)

Aleem Dar "Umpire of the year" :roll:. mana dhairiyathai paaraatti oru soap-u dabba-dhaan nyabagathukku varudhu. Did Taufel & co have such a bad year?

littlemaster1982
7th October 2010, 11:30 PM
P_B,

Aleem Dar is a good umpire actually, I don't remember any bad decisions given by him. He deserves it, I would say.

Puliyan_Biryani
7th October 2010, 11:34 PM
Yes master, he is not that bad.

Even I don't remember any howlers from Dar. But I didn't think Taufel had such a bad year either. I thought since Taufel has been getting it all these years, they wanted to give it to somebody else. illainna avarai thavira nalla umpire-e illaiyaanu questions varum. adhukkudhaan andha soapu dabba comment :D

littlemaster1982
7th October 2010, 11:39 PM
I thought since Taufel has been getting it all these years, they wanted to give it to somebody else. illainna avarai thavira nalla umpire-e illaiyaanu questions varum. adhukkudhaan andha soapu dabba comment :D

Oh, ok :)

littlemaster1982
7th October 2010, 11:40 PM
Did anyone see this?

[html:40480e7430]http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/122600/122655.jpg[/html:40480e7430]

Puliyan_Biryani
7th October 2010, 11:46 PM

Out of Focus-la oru ammani nikkudhu paatheengala. avanga petti eduthurundhaa innum kalakkalaa irundhurukkum :lol:

ajithfederer
7th October 2010, 11:51 PM
Theriyunga but it has been quite too much on Paki bashing here. Atleast some one from their country won an ICC Award.

Avar Pak player-a sonaarunga...

ajithfederer
7th October 2010, 11:54 PM
Yeah i saw that pic yesterday. Ithanaikkum andha paapa heels pottirukku.

Did anyone see this?

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/122600/122655.jpg

littlemaster1982
7th October 2010, 11:55 PM
Walsh has gained so much weight :shock:

Nerd
7th October 2010, 11:58 PM
Yeah i saw that pic yesterday. Ithanaikkum andha paapa heels pottirukku.

Did anyone see this?

valara theriyaama valarntha avanungalai thitturadhai vittuttu... paavam andha pappa :oops:

Dhakshan
8th October 2010, 12:00 AM
Did anyone see this?

Maamisa malai maamisa malai nu solluvanga.. Ippo thaan pakkuraen :lol:

Sourav
8th October 2010, 09:18 AM
Did anyone see this?

:lol:Right side irukkavar per enna?
Ivangallam sirikkave maattaingala... :o Walsh Viru-ku award kodukum bothu yetho kodukkurathukku manase illatha maathiri kodutharru... :lol:

littlemaster1982
8th October 2010, 09:48 AM
Joel Garner. Chellama Big Bird-nu koopiduvaanga :P

19thmay
8th October 2010, 10:11 AM
Garner is 6'8" and Walsh is 6'7"! :omg: Naane avunga munnadi romba sirusa irrupEn pola. :oops:

raajarasigan
8th October 2010, 10:57 AM
Garner is 6'8" and Walsh is 6'7"! :omg: Naane avunga munnadi romba sirusa irrupEn pola. :oops:oh..neenga romba heighta iruppeengala... :) I think Garner's bowling action looks like a bird flying... so is the name Big Bird.. that fellow used to jump and release the ball.. almost from 10 feet... karuppa bayangarama iruppar...

Sourav
8th October 2010, 11:16 AM
Garner is 6'8" and Walsh is 6'7"! :omg: Naane avunga munnadi romba sirusa irrupEn pola. :oops:oh..neenga romba heighta iruppeengala... :) I think Garner's bowling action looks like a bird flying... so is the name Big Bird.. that fellow used to jump and release the ball.. almost from 10 feet... karuppa bayangarama iruppar... namma bhajji kooda bird action than....starting eragai virukkura maathiri pannuvaru...
these guys r challenging Big show & Khali in heights... wrestlers maathri irukkanga...

Sri... 6.2" thane? ennai vida konjam jaasthi...

ajaybaskar
8th October 2010, 11:17 AM
Sri... 6.2" thane? ennai vida konjam jaasthi...

Konjamna eppadi? 1 feet ah? :lol2:

Sourav
8th October 2010, 11:20 AM
he he... 6 inches... :noteeth:

raajarasigan
8th October 2010, 11:30 AM
6'2''.. appadinna ennai vida 3 inch heighta irukkar...Garner ellam bowling poda vandhaale bayama irukkum... pitchlaye mooc.. poiduvaanga...ippo ellam andha maadhiri gigantica yaarum illa..

ajaybaskar
8th October 2010, 11:32 AM
Ishant?

Sourav
8th October 2010, 11:35 AM
Ishant?
avaru height-i vacchu no-ball than poduvaru... terror panra maathri weight illaiye...

raajarasigan
8th October 2010, 11:38 AM
Ishant? :evil: periya size oanan maadhiri irukkan... avanai ellam gigantic listla :lol:

Sourav
8th October 2010, 11:39 AM
avlo terror-gareenga, but, All-time world XI nominations list-la kanom? maybe mattha WI bowlers-nala ivar per vittu poccho ennavo... seems m marshall, holding and ambrose r rated better than him by cricket fans. ponting also missed in batsmen list as bradman occupied that no-3 slot from aus....

Abdul Qadir | Allan Donald | Anil Kumble | Ashantha de Mel | Bill O'Reilly | Curtly Ambrose | Daniel Vettori | Dennis Lillee | Derek Underwood | Erapalli Prasanna | Fazal Mahmood | Fred Trueman | Glenn McGrath | Harold Larwood | Hugh Tayfield | Jack Cowie | Javagal Srinath | Lance Gibbs | Malcolm Marshall | Michael Holding | Muttiah Muralitharan | Rumesh Ratnayake | Shane Bond | Shane Warne | Shaun Pollock | Somachandra De Silva | Sydney Barnes | Waqar Younis | Wasim Akram

raajarasigan
8th October 2010, 11:46 AM
avlo terror-gareenga, but, All-time world XI nominations list-la kanom? maybe mattha WI bowlers-nala ivar per vittu poccho ennavo... seems m marshall, holding and ambrose r rated better than him by cricket fans. ponting also missed in batsmen list as bradman occupied that no-3 slot from aus....

Abdul Qadir | Allan Donald | Anil Kumble | Ashantha de Mel | Bill O'Reilly | Curtly Ambrose | Daniel Vettori | Dennis Lillee | Derek Underwood | Erapalli Prasanna | Fazal Mahmood | Fred Trueman | Glenn McGrath | Harold Larwood | Hugh Tayfield | Jack Cowie | Javagal Srinath | Lance Gibbs | Malcolm Marshall | Michael Holding | Muttiah Muralitharan | Rumesh Ratnayake | Shane Bond | Shane Warne | Shaun Pollock | Somachandra De Silva | Sydney Barnes | Waqar Younis | Wasim Akram
Sourav, where did you get this list? Walsh is also NOT there... Andy Roberts who was another terror in the 70's is also missing... wish Ambrose will break into the 11... the way he celebrates his wicket was too good...

Sourav
8th October 2010, 11:53 AM

Sourav, where did you get this list? Walsh is also NOT there... Andy Roberts who was another terror in the 70's is also missing... wish Ambrose will break into the 11... the way he celebrates his wicket was too good...

Cricinfo RR... they have conducted Alltime test XI separately for all major teams... athula select aana players ellam nominee-a vacchu ippo all-time test World XI poll conduct pannirukkanga... So, obviously Ovvoru team-lerunthum 3 or 4 bowlers than vara mudiyum world XI list-la... athan walsh ellam missing... from our team kumble, srinath, kapil r there in list...result coming on 12th...

Sourav
8th October 2010, 11:57 AM
All time WI XI

Gordon Greenidge
Conrad Hunte
George Headley
Viv Richards
Brian Lara
Garry Sobers
Malcolm Marshall
Jackie Hendriks
Michael Holding
Curtly Ambrose
Lance Gibbs

http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/468845.html

raajarasigan
8th October 2010, 12:25 PM
I think Roberts, Garner did NOT play as many tests as Holding, Marshall... that could be the reason they were edged out...but Lara / Richards / Sobers :notworthy: maranamaana middle order...

Plum
8th October 2010, 02:56 PM
Excellent recommendation for Aleem Dar (http://duckingbeamers.wordpress.com/2010/10/07/aleem-dar-is-a-very-very-good-umpire/)
Maybe, if we had more umpires like him, who did not fall for the theatrics of Warne, Ponting, Haydos, Gilly and co., Warne's wicket tally and reputation as a wicket taker might have been much lesser!

Sourav
11th October 2010, 10:18 AM
Pick ur all-time world Test XI here,

http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/478566.html

http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/magazine/world_alltime.html
The team, to be announced on October 18*, will be selected from the 88 players who made it to the all-time teams for their countries.

* changed from October 12 originally

Puliyan_Biryani
12th October 2010, 12:54 AM
My WORLD XI

Sir Jack Hobbs
Sunil Gavaskar
Sir Donald Bradman
Sachin Tendulkar
Brian Lara
Sir Viv Richards
Adam Gilchrist
Shane Warne
Malcolm Marshall
Wasim Akram
Dennis Lillee [McGrath unlucky to miss out]

ajaybaskar
12th October 2010, 02:34 PM
http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-new-zealand-2010/content/current/story/481134.html

Idhaana venaangradhu!!!

ajithfederer
13th October 2010, 06:25 AM
My Waeld 11:

The most run accumulator of all time - Jack Hobbs
(For sheer technique and boldness) - Sunil Gavaskar
1-Down: The Godfather Don Corleone. Enough said.
@4 : Closer to 100 Hundred's - Sir Tendulkar.
Number 5: Viv Richards (For sheer Brutality and part time spin)
6th Batsman : Brian Lara (Tendulkar's Buddy)
W/K: Who else other than Gilly? : Adam Gilchrist
All in all Azhagu Raja Garry Sobers
Spin Wizard - Shane Warne
Raging Bull - Curtly Ambrose
Pakistani Gem Sultan of Swing Wasim Bhai

P.S: I've always wished to watch Tendulkar playing in between The Don and Viv Richards and that's why the placement.

Puliyan_Biryani
13th October 2010, 11:38 PM
ICC approves Test championship

http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/current/story/481373.html

Good move :clap:

ajaybaskar
14th October 2010, 04:35 PM
Bangladesh wins 4th one day.. Leads the 5 match series 3-0. :shock:

Puliyan_Biryani
15th October 2010, 09:33 PM
Colin Ingram on debut makes 124 against Zim (Second highest score by a debutant) :clap:

CL full-a sodhappittu irundhaan payapulla :roll:

VinodKumar's
15th October 2010, 11:23 PM
Colin Ingram on debut makes 124 against Zim (Second highest score by a debutant) :clap:

CL full-a sodhappittu irundhaan payapulla :roll:

// Ivana fantasy game la edutha anga onniyum pannala :evil: //

sathya_1979
16th October 2010, 08:32 AM
http://cricket.yahoo.com/cricket/news/article?id=item/2.0/-/story/cricket.yahoonews.com/tamim-iqbal-named-wisden-test-player-year-20101014/

Tamim Iqbal named Wisden Test Player of the Year

:banghead:

Sourav
16th October 2010, 08:37 AM
Dunno on wat basis they give, Wat more irritating is sachin and sehwag ranked behind him...Athulayum Sachin-ku 7th place...WT... :banghead: Ithukku mela enna ethirpakkurana ethai vacchu ithellam decide panranuga... onnum purila...

Maniraj
17th October 2010, 01:24 PM
Nz 20 for 5. :rotfl3:
Bangladesh :clap:
Target 175

Plum
17th October 2010, 01:34 PM
Wisden gives higher weightage to performances in England against England.
Sachin and sehwag 0 runs against Eng in Eng this year so...

sathya_1979
17th October 2010, 04:20 PM
http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-new-zealand-2010/content/current/story/481134.html

Idhaana venaangradhu!!!
sonnadha senjittaanga :shock:

Puliyan_Biryani
17th October 2010, 04:26 PM

Idhaana venaangradhu!!!
sonnadha senjittaanga :shock:
NZ EKSI :rotfl:

Indian batsman :slurp:

sathya_1979
17th October 2010, 04:30 PM
Who is that female in NZ dressing room? Physio? Looks awesome :slurp:

sathya_1979
17th October 2010, 04:32 PM
indha maadhiri figure ellaam dressing roomla irundhaa, NZ engathha jeikkaradhu :lol:

Plum
17th October 2010, 05:58 PM
thOthu pOnA console paNNa katti pudi vaidyamlAm vERa paNNum andha ammaNi appuram epdi pasangaLukku jeyikkura Arvam varum?

Dhakshan
17th October 2010, 08:00 PM
Ponnu enga irundhaalum prachanai thaana :think:

Dinesh84
18th October 2010, 06:23 PM

Idhaana venaangradhu!!!

and now look at the result.. Bangladesh Cricket team :clap: :clap:

raajarasigan
19th October 2010, 12:59 PM
'Big Bird' Garner says lack of cricket hurting Windies
October 19, 2010 10:18 IST

http://cricket.rediff.com/report/2010/oct/19/big-bird-garner-says-lack-of-cricket-hurting-windies.htm

It is easy to be in awe of Joel 'Big Bird' Garner.

His impeccable Test record -- 259 wickets in 58 Tests (@ 20.97) -- as also his huge 6 ft 8 inch (2.03 metre) frame ensures you look up to him, literally.

And that is precisely something that rightfully earned him a place in the ICC [ Images ] Hall of Fame earlier this month.

But once you look beyond the peripheral appearance, Garner is all about humility.

The legendary fast bowler, who in the company of Michael Holding, Andy Roberts, Colin Croft and even Malcolm Marshall formed a coterie that the world feared, comes across as an amiable and straight-talking human being.

Having been part of a West Indies squad that dominated world cricket, amongst others not losing a Test series in more than 15 years, Garner is palpably saddened to see Caribbean cricket in its current plight.

The West Indies has won just four of its last 46 Tests (in the last five years), their last win having come against England [ Images ] (in Jamaica) back in February 2009. Moreover, their bowling is no more the fierce weapon it once was.

Ask Garner the reason and he smiles .

"Well, it is safe to say that the players we have got now are much smaller than what we were," he replies, tongue-in-cheek.

The legendary bowler refuses to admit that the current team has lost the plot owing to indiscipline, instead coming up with his own reason as to what is ailing West Indian cricket.

"I don't say it is the discipline we lack," says Garner, adding, "I would say it is the lack of cricket."

The 57-year-old goes on give an elaborate explanation.

"We play less than anyone less," says Garner, adding, "Our first class season is limited to five-six games a year.

"And our international matches are also less in number compared to the other teams."

The legend also points out that money is another factor.

"We don't have the kind of finance you guys have," he says, adding, "It would be a good idea to professionalise West Indies cricket in the near future."

However, despite the gloomy state of affairs, Garner remains hopeful.

"We may not be consistent enough now but we still produce some of the best players in the world," he argues, before pointing out what he believes will get the team back on track.

"They (the players) need to enjoy as much as we did," says Garner, adding, "once they do that the performances will follow."

And for all those who believe it is all over West Indies cricket -- that the team won't ever come out of it's nadir -- Garner has the last word.

"We will work our way out," he warns, the smile on his face intact, to an extent justifying his optimism.

Sourav
22nd October 2010, 09:29 PM
cricinfo users fav World XI will be published on coming 25th....
Viru-ku place kedaikkuma... :think: Opening slots-ku competition remmbha jassthiya irukku...

Riyazz
23rd October 2010, 09:24 AM
Viru-ku place kedaikkuma... :think: Opening slots-ku competition remmbha jassthiya irukku... sure a kidikumnu edirpakran... :thumbsup:

steveaustin
23rd October 2010, 09:35 AM
Viru-ku place kedaikkuma... :think: Opening slots-ku competition remmbha jassthiya irukku...

kidaikalainnA Tatkal-la book paNNiduveenga pOla. :lol2:

Since Bradman, who played only in two countries even though on uncovered true bounce tracks rather than uncertain sub-continent tracks / swinging NZ pitches / tricky WI pitches, throughout his whole career, is a certainty in the XI, I am sure that the voting pattern will reflect more on the side of statistics rather than the quality players who played against quality attacks, sporting pitches and better allround teams.

PS: I am not a believer of Statistics as well as others' heaping praises on Bradman since I have not seen him play. I am the firm believer of the saying 'all that glitters is not gold'.

sathya_1979
24th October 2010, 11:33 AM
http://cricket.rediff.com/report/2010/oct/24/icc-probing-bcci-inaction-suresh-raina-bookie-match-fixing.htm

ICC probing BCCI inaction on Raina's link with bookie associate

The ICC Anti-Corruption and Security Unit is probing why the Board of Control for Cricket in India kept quiet about a report of its player, Suresh Raina, being seen in the company of a woman linked to an associate of an illegal bookmaker, according to a media report in London.

Making it clear that Raina is not suspected of any wrongdoing, The Sunday Times, quoting a senior ICC source, said the incident is related to India's tour of Sri Lanka earlier this year.

With the heightened security concerns following the 2009 terrorist attack on the Sri Lankan team in Pakistan, the Sri Lankans deputed a former general to look after the Indian team.

CCTV cameras installed at the Indian team hotel showed that on more than one night Raina was in the company of a woman known to be an associate of a man allegedly linked to a bookmaker.

A report, including the CCTV footage, was submitted by the Sri Lankan Cricket Board to their Indian counterparts.

According to the newspaper report, it is the reaction of BCCI secretary N Srinivasan that has led to the ICC investigation. Instead of acting on the report, Srinivasan is alleged to have got the Sri Lankans to withdraw it.

The 23-year-old Raina plays for Chennai Super Kings, an IPL franchise owned by Indian Cements of which Srinivasan is a vice-chairman and managing director.

The investigation, led by ACSU head Ravi Sawani, is believed to be looking into why the Sri Lankans shared the report with the BCCI first when under ICC anti-corruption rules it should have gone straight to the world governing body, the newspaper said.

According to the newspaper, this comes against a background of much talk in India that it was during IPL matches that spot-fixing re-emerged as a major problem.

In August, three Pakistan cricketers -- Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Amir -- were suspended following allegations that no balls were bowled during the Lord's Test in return for money.

When asked recently about the speculations of match-fixing in the IPL, ICC chief executive Haroon Lorgat said, "The first two editions were not policed by the ACSU. But they realised later on that they perhaps needed more support. The last one was the first time when they fully engaged the ACSU. And we will be engaged in the next IPL season as well."

An ICC spokesman, asked about the alleged investigation into the inaction of the Indian Cricket Board, said, "We don't comment on any investigation."

Srinivasan was not available for comment, the report added.

:shock:

Sourav
25th October 2010, 09:55 AM
Tendulkar only current player in ESPNcricinfo all-time World XI

The World XI: Jack Hobbs, Len Hutton, Don Bradman, Sachin Tendulkar, Viv Richards, Garry Sobers, Adam Gilchrist, Malcolm Marshall, Shane Warne, Wasim Akram, Dennis Lillee

The Second XI: Sunil Gavaskar, Barry Richards, George Headley, Brian Lara, Wally Hammond, Imran Khan, Alan Knott, Bill O'Reilly, Fred Trueman, Muttiah Muralitharan, SF Barnes

Readers' XI: Sunil Gavaskar, Virender Sehwag, Don Bradman, Sachin Tendulkar, Brian Lara, Garry Sobers, Adam Gilchrist, Shane Warne, Wasim Akram, Muttiah Muralitharan, Glenn McGrath

http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/482936.html

Sourav
25th October 2010, 11:08 AM
No kapil dev :huh: Lara-ve illa...
Plum, Pls clarify this,,,
Imran khan was better all-rounder than kapil dev?
Viv richards had more impact in test matches Lara?
:?