PDA

View Full Version : World Cricket II

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

satissh_r
22nd November 2011, 04:35 PM
TBH I've watched him only a few times for Hampshire and SA.. Dont think he had this kind of celebrations playing in the county. I'll give him the benefit of doubt till he plays a full series against us

ajithfederer
24th November 2011, 11:36 AM
James Anderson eager for IPL chance

ESPNcricinfo staff
November 22, 2011

James Anderson, the England pace bowler, wants to play in the Indian Premier League and has voiced his concerns about the limited opportunities for English players in the competition.

Anderson is currently the No. 2 bowler in the Test rankings but was overlooked in last year's IPL auction. He believes giving England's players the chance to play in the IPL would help their chances of defending their World Twenty20 title next year.

"I would like to play in the IPL," Anderson told the Manchester Evening News. "I got back into England's Twenty20 squad at the back end of the summer because of an injury to Stuart Broad, but I would like to get back into the side on a regular basis. I see the IPL as a way of showing I can play Twenty20 cricket and that's why I want to go out there."

The 2012 IPL season gets underway on April 5 with the county season set to begin a day later. However, a major issue for Anderson - and other England players - is that the closing stages of the IPL overlap the first two Tests of the summer against the West Indies.

"The availability is obviously an issue and it is quite frustrating for us," he said. "We want to keep our position as world champions in Twenty20 cricket. The more Twenty20 cricket we play the better. This summer we only played three matches, how are we supposed to keep improving as a Twenty20 side when we only play three games?"

England players who have been involved with the IPL include Eoin Morgan, who played for Kolkata Knight Riders in 2011, Kevin Pietersen, who became the most expensive cricketer in the world in 2009 when he was bought by Royal Challengers Bangalore for $1.55million, and Ravi Bopara.

England will play four T20s next summer, one against the West Indies and three against South Africa. The World Twenty20 takes place in Sri Lanka from September 18 to October 7.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/content/current/story/541646.html

scorpio
24th November 2011, 01:39 PM
Ponting vows to fight for his place

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/46839/ponting-vows-to-fight-for-his-place

Plum
24th November 2011, 03:45 PM
Jimmy Jimmy Aajaa Aajaa. IPL thangaLai iru karam neetti azhaikkiRadhu. And Ricky :clap: - sethAdA pOyittAn? Thirumba varuvaanda. Paxhaiya Ricky-A thirumba varuvaan :thumbsup:

P_R
24th November 2011, 03:46 PM
I want Ponting to retire with more runs and centuries than Kallis. avvaLo dhaan pA.

wizzy
24th November 2011, 04:25 PM
Zee news giving a new spin to the incident..poor Pawar

http://zeenews.india.com/sports/cricket/icc-president-sharad-pawar-slapped-in-delhi_732821.html

(http://zeenews.india.com/sports/cricket/icc-president-sharad-pawar-slapped-in-delhi_732821.html)

raajarasigan
24th November 2011, 05:12 PM
:redjump:

KV
24th November 2011, 06:30 PM
I want Ponting to retire with more runs and centuries than Kallis. avvaLo dhaan pA.

reelly? why ya? I want jacques to finish ahead. thEkk'nga ivan.

Ramakrishna
24th November 2011, 10:20 PM
reelly? why ya? I want jacques to finish ahead. thEkk'nga ivan.

With the current form, i want Dravid to overtake them both.

Plum
25th November 2011, 07:12 AM
Ricky vs Jacky irukkattum. One or both of them will overtake Sachin. adhukkenna solRInga ellorum?

KV
25th November 2011, 11:24 AM
no voips!
inga inna solldhu, dravid dravid nu solldha?

P_R
25th November 2011, 11:49 AM
Ricky vs Jacky irukkattum. One or both of them will overtake Sachin. adhukkenna solRInga ellorum? Never. Sachin is in great flow. His average this year is 50. He had a good tour of SA and even in England - he was not bad at all (Laxman was a disaster and Dravid was brilliant). Unfortunately he didn't play in WIndies.

Kalllis is amazing but then, we play more tests than S.Africa. And he has a good lead on both of them. Sachin's lead is more than safe.

VinodKumar's
25th November 2011, 11:53 AM
Ricky vs Jacky irukkattum. One or both of them will overtake Sachin. adhukkenna solRInga ellorum?

Intha maari safe matter kellam strategy podathinganu sollurom :lol2:

Plum
25th November 2011, 11:59 AM
See, once Ricky scores his turn around century against NZ/India, pEi mAdhiri adippAn. Remember he has the most prolific 52 test streak after Bradman. Once formku vandhuttA, avan pEchai avanE kEkka mAttAn :). Kallis ipdiyE steadyA pala varusham veLAndu cross paNNa vAippugaL irukku...

ajithfederer
26th November 2011, 11:55 AM
England spinner Graeme Swann has told BBC Sport he would like to see one-day international cricket scrapped.

"I think one-day cricket will have to give at some point, hopefully for everyone," he said. "I don't think that game should carry on for much longer.

"For me it's not as enjoyable to play in. I think Test cricket and Twenty20 are the way forward for cricket."

Swann, 32, said the recent postponement of the World Test Championship was "disturbing" and "short-sighted".

A key member of England's side in all three formats of the game, Swann was top of the one-day bowling rankings as recently as October before slipping to third.

Being English we rate Test cricket above and beyond anything else, and certainly the Champions Trophy

Graeme Swann, he has taken 90 wickets in 64 one-day internationals at an impressive average of 25.43.

But he cut a frustrated figure for much of the recent 5-0 hammering in India in which he took just two wickets in four matches and was surprisingly left out for the game in Mumbai.

Swann said he has no imminent plans to quit one-day cricket but believes abandoning the format would help reduce overcrowding in the international calendar.

"We do play too much cricket and if something had to give my choice would be 50-over cricket, or make it 40-over cricket or something," added Swann, who captained England in their last three Twenty20 internationals.

TOP 10 ODI BOWLERS

1. S Ajmal (Pakistan

2. D Vettori (NZ)

3. G Swann (Eng)

4. M Johnson (Aus)

5. M Morkel (Aus)

6. D Bollinger (Aus)

7. S Afridi (Pak)

8. M Hafeez (Pak)

9. D Steyn (SA)

10. S Al Hasan (Bangladesh)

"But that's a purely personal choice. I don't think many people agree with me.

"I think I will finish [playing] before any changes take place so I will carry on playing whatever they put in front of me."

Swann's calls are unlikely to be heeded because one-day cricket remains such a lucrative form of the game, especially in the subcontinent.

Last week, the International Cricket Council called off the inaugural World Test Championship - due to be staged in England in 2013 - in favour of the 50-over Champions Trophy after pressure from its broadcast partner ESPN Star Sports.

"This is frustrating because being English we rate Test cricket above and beyond anything else, and certainly the Champions Trophy," said Swann.

"[Abandoning the Test Championship] is a bit disturbing and short-sighted in my view but I'm not the powers that be."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/15899824.stm

Plum
26th November 2011, 01:30 PM
Coincidentally, England are #1 in T20 and Test Cricket. "EngaLukk pidikkAdhadhu, varAdhadhu Cricketla irukka koodAdhu. Adhai naanga subtleA solluvOm. IdhaoyE BCCI panninaa araajagam. Engala nambaradhukku ulagam pooram madaiyargal irukkum varai naanga idhaiyum pannikittu Cricketin paadhukaavalargaL maadhiri nadippom, vaazhga muttaal gendilmen cricket believers who are the source of our strength"

P_R
28th November 2011, 03:51 PM
Flau, even you have said ODI is pointless now and should be on its way out, haven't you :lol2:

I disagree with Swann, but don't see self-serving agenda and all.

EngaLukk pidikkAdhadhu, varAdhadhu Cricketla irukka koodAdhu :lol2: appadinnA powerful colonial power Ingilaandhu ennikkO ODI-yai scrap paNNirukkaNum :lol2:

And its not as if anyone is convinced Eng have found their niche in limited overs cricket in the T20 format. Even the most hardcore Eng supporters know their being top T20 team is a happy accident (unlike their test No.1 status). I believe what Swann is saying is what pretty much you said earlier about ODI v T20.

I too think one of the formats should disappear from the face of the earth :-)

P_R
28th November 2011, 03:54 PM
And you can see it is the annoyance about Test championship being edged out for ODI sEmbian's trophy, that he is commenting about.
ellAththaiyin agenda-vAvE paakkureeyaLE. ulagam romba perusu saar and other such homilies.

Plum
28th November 2011, 04:42 PM
Not so straightforward feeyaar. Till the 1999 world cup, Engand didn't realise they were shit at modern ODIs. They had the best record after Windies in World Cups until 1992. 1996 was considered a blip in those God-forsaken, unfair, subcontinental conditions. 1999 - till they were knocked out, they velieved they are still great. It was after 2007 that they started realising they were utter crap in this format. By then, BcCI had ODIs as the golden goose. So, no, it wasn't out of generosity that powerful England let ODIs survive.

Plum
28th November 2011, 04:47 PM
Yes, I believe one of the limited overs format has to go. And I'd sacrifice the ODIs. But avan solRadhum nAn solRadhum vERa reason illaiyA? Btw, even in Guardian, which is about as liberal a site as English can get, people truly beieve in their #1 T20 status. You don't get more reasonable people in England than Guardian readers so I don't believe that Emglish supporters are not proud of their #1 status in Twenty20. I mean, it is an English trait to talk up whatever they are good at. Look at how Swann says

Plum
28th November 2011, 04:51 PM
Look at how Swann peddles "40 overs or something" :lol: . Who on earth plays 40 overs at First Class sides level? I'll give you 3 guesses :). In essence, he is batting for replacing 50 overs format(followed by all other nations at domestic level) with 40 overs format(played only by England). If that is not agenda, I am the queen of England

P_R
28th November 2011, 05:01 PM
True. They had a reasonable ODI team in the early 90s. Even on Godforsaken subcontinent tracks they managed to do quite okay. But even then it is not something they remember or value much. For instance the Kumble-Kambli series in '93 when India thrashed England 3-0, was followed by a ODI series which England drew. But you can ask any English fan which they remember. You won't even see it as a debating point to counter any Indian gloating about the test trouncing.

And that I argue is because ODI was little more than an interesting sideshow when compared to Tests, regardless of how well England fared in it. Of course winning a world cup would have been good but even that, I don't think, would have made the kind of 'mindset changing impact' that many think it would have.

That is what I see in Swann's comment. Annoyance about Champion's trophy taking precedence over Test championship- which we've been salivating on, like, forever. It has little to do with what format they have the best shot in.

OTOH where I see poRumal is in BBC's remark
one-day cricket remains such a lucrative form of the game, especially in the subcontinent.
I don't disagree with that though :-)

P_R
28th November 2011, 05:09 PM
Yes, I believe one of the limited overs format has to go. And I'd sacrifice the ODIs. :x Twenty overs-la ten wickets-A? Atleast adhai 5 wickets a side-nu mAtha sollunga.

But avan solRadhum nAn solRadhum vERa reason illaiyA? therla. It seemed an innocent comment to me.

Btw, even in Guardian, which is about as liberal a site as English can get, people truly beieve in their #1 T20 status. Oh :lol: Wonderful. Dean Headley, Mark Ilot, ellAm strike bowlerA sagichikkittu vaazhndha engaLukku idhu oru aanandham :lol2:

You don't get more reasonable people in England than Guardian readers so I don't believe that Emglish supporters are not proud of their #1 status in Twenty20. I'll defer to you on that then. enna irundhaalum naanga invent paNNa format, adhu naala oru attachment irukkalaam. Some thAthAs must be twirling in their graves.

Look at how Swann peddles "40 overs or something" :lol: . Who on earth plays 40 overs at First Class sides level? I'll give you 3 guesses :). In essence, he is batting for replacing 50 overs format(followed by all other nations at domestic level) with 40 overs format(played only by England). If that is not agenda, I am the queen of England His whole thing is a reaction to Test championship being edged out by the blade Champions trophy. adhu ennamO room pOttu cunning-plan yOsichu, PR apparatus-ai mudukki vittA maadhiri neenga sollAdheenga 'ngREn.

Plum
28th November 2011, 08:56 PM
Sari ok andha instinctive reaction-layE 40-overs peddling paNdravan, room pOttu yOsichA ennenna kEppAn?

wizzy
28th November 2011, 09:16 PM
Sehwag cunning fellow :lol:

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/sehwag-talk-convinced-warner-of-test-push-20111128-1o3br.html
(http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/sehwag-talk-convinced-warner-of-test-push-20111128-1o3br.html)
in the same vein Sehwag plis to get Daisy a place in your Delhidarudevil team to relish his T-20 dream

Plum
28th November 2011, 09:25 PM
Wizzy, Jimmy already expressed interest in IPL and lamented about test series clashing with it. Hope he follows it up with ECB :)

ajithfederer
30th November 2011, 10:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgv4u8cWluY&feature=feedrec_grec_index

Kemar Roach Vs Ricky Ponting...Great over...2009

A redux of Ishanth vs Ponting 2007/08.

ajithfederer
1st December 2011, 11:18 AM
NZ 176/5.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-new-zealand-2011/engine/current/match/518947.html

Plum
1st December 2011, 12:05 PM
Vettori :evil:. Delaying a Ponting masterclass. NZ, collapse soon. We want to watch Ponting's fairy tale revival unfold.

Plum
1st December 2011, 12:21 PM
Thambi Vettori Sundaram - get out soon tomorrow morning.

ajithfederer
1st December 2011, 12:51 PM
Yen yen :twisted:

I like vettori 8-)

wizzy
1st December 2011, 01:26 PM
OZ new crop of phast bowlers :shaking:Thank god we don't play any tests in Brisbane

Plum
1st December 2011, 01:46 PM
But we play in Melbourne and Perth. Among the Fab-4(incl. Sehwag), atleast 1 is guaranteed a dented reputation after this tour. And if that is one or more of the Fab-3, they'll be forced to retire. :shaking:

wizzy
1st December 2011, 03:11 PM
^Brisbane has the worst of OZ conditions..ball swings like mad+cloud cover+rain spells..if we had played the first test here it would have been deja-vu Eng tour..Sach has not so good record here..our batting needs his spell of sunshine :-D

Plum
1st December 2011, 04:08 PM
what was the score in last year's Ashes Test in Birsbane?

wizzy
1st December 2011, 05:28 PM
draw...Eng batted first and were bundled out for a paltry score..visiting teams always struggled here..we drew a match during 2004 series courtesy a 100 from Ganguly and rain

Plum
1st December 2011, 06:00 PM
Was it the 517/1 match?

wizzy
1st December 2011, 06:46 PM
^nope this one http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2010-11/engine/match/428749.html

last time we played in Brisbane http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/64059.html

Aakash chopra 36(135) :clap: we are missing a opener in the mould of Sanjay Bangar/Aakash overseas who could be a leech and frustrate the bowlers and dent the new ball..With Gambhir/Sehwag either it is 50/0 in 10 or both being dismissed in first 5 overs..crunch series for Gambhir :)

Plum
1st December 2011, 07:00 PM
Yeah, either Gambhiram saayam veLukkum or he'll emerge a key post-apocalypto(or post-galactico) player. Rendungettanaa illaama irundhaa sari

wizzy
1st December 2011, 09:26 PM
Cricinfo during the ongoing test

"Well, Williamson handled Harbhajan really well in India last year, but he's looking a bit clueless now. " hahaha...handling a spinner is a bit different to handling a dart thrower" Pair point, Mitch.

VinodKumar's
1st December 2011, 10:28 PM
Watto , Jhonson , Cummins lam nejamalumae injured ah illa are they protecting then for India series ...?

VinodKumar's
2nd December 2011, 01:28 AM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/current/story/543200.html

Ippo thaan itha padichaen. Cha Dravid will give him back nu nenachaen aana injury nu poitaanae :(

VinodKumar's
2nd December 2011, 04:17 AM
Afridi has taken his 7th 5 wickets in an innings today :shock: ... He is ranked fourth along with Mcgrath.. First three are Waqar, Lee and Murali ...:neutral:

Plum
2nd December 2011, 08:56 AM
30/2- Ponting on a rescue mission. I guess they've got to groom the younger guys around Ricky. Lot of Aussies against him but they'll realise they cannot do without him

wizzy
2nd December 2011, 10:56 AM
Punter got his range back :2thumbsup:...India would do well to wear Weed's mask-arade to get under his skin.

scorpio
2nd December 2011, 11:13 AM
Ponting nearing his pipty :shaking: Century adichuruvanaa? :roll:

Test runs-la Ponting-kkum Dravid-kkum evlO difference? :oops:

KV
2nd December 2011, 11:56 AM
kwajamerikwaja nalla varuvaannu oru chinna nambikkai. poor feller, run out aaittaan. ippidiye mediocre scores vandhutrinchuna, teama-a vittu Otteervaanga. :(

satissh_r
2nd December 2011, 11:58 AM
From Cricinfo

Whether Indian fans keep talking about Indian cricket in a neutral game or not, trust Tony Greig to. This is getting very un-classy from Greigy.

"Whats Grieg saying?" I wouldn't want to give it credibility by repeating it here, Zzzap. But he seems to have a major anti-India chip on his shoulder, for a while now. Sad fall from grace

Plum
2nd December 2011, 12:06 PM
Right so Ponting's back. And this is where it gets messy for India - anguish: why couldn't it be England touring this year and india last year. Ask England to stop Ponting in this form :evil:.

scorpio
2nd December 2011, 12:26 PM
veLakeNNai Newzealand bowlers......:mad: udhai vaangurathukkunnE aada varranga :evil:

Plum
2nd December 2011, 12:39 PM
Actually, despite perception of their slump, what bad results other than Ashes and India tours(which is not unusual for them anyway to lose) have the Aussies had? Can't remember any. I am not sure if India's record in last 1.5 years is better than Aussiesk. * SA series draw at SA * Lose to England * Aus beat SL but we only drew * beat everyone except England at home by Aus.

wizzy
2nd December 2011, 12:55 PM
RR wanted Punter to be back in form and play the India series so that it doesn't take away any sheen of our proposed series victory..
as periyavergal say be careful what you wish for :)

Plum
2nd December 2011, 01:18 PM
Exactly - I feared punter staying back and hurting us :(. Be careful what you wish for indeed. 100 varusham piRagu varum madaiyargaLukku puriyavA pOgiRahu. They'll only see results. Do we devalue the peak Aus team because they blanked only a indian team with Agarkar, MSK, Ramesh etc? We call them all time great right? Like that, result only matters. RR - :evil:

raajarasigan
2nd December 2011, 02:45 PM
athellam naama samalichudalam'nga.. ZK - nee mattum epdiyachum vandhuruppa.. :mad:

Plum
2nd December 2011, 04:05 PM
ZK isn't proven in Aus RR. Avarai nambi ellorum ticket edukkaRInga? Avaru veLayAdittA mattum?

Kalyasi
4th December 2011, 05:13 AM
Pattinson ore over la 3 wicket... NZL 17/4... Weshtu Fellows...

Kalyasi
4th December 2011, 05:30 AM
Pattinson ku 5 wicket... Nzl 28/5... thambi ya paathu thaan velayadanum pola namma pasanga...

wizzy
7th December 2011, 09:15 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/pontings-heart-set-on-home-hundred-20111207-1oj72.html

from the verge of being dropped for his home test to this :-D with Punter/Clarke back in form OZ batting suddenly looks ominous...namma batting..will the galacticos fire in unison for one last time in OZ :shaking:

Arvind Srinivasan
10th December 2011, 10:19 AM
Aus bundled out for 126 against NZ... local boy ponting out for 5......

sathya_1979
10th December 2011, 10:40 AM
136 ..

ajithfederer
10th December 2011, 10:54 AM
Harsha's best thing he has done in his life as a cricket commie is his short stuff. This time it's with Brett Lee.

Harsha Bhogle: This is what I enjoy best: short stuff. I don't think there will be any other situation when I will be doing short stuff to Brett Lee, so let's enjoy this moment.

Brett Lee: (laughs)

HB: Fast bowling is all about… complete that.

BL: Fast bowling is all about having some type of different approach to your game. You've got to be on top of your game. You've got to be somewhat crazy. You've got to be willing to succeed.

HB: Do you like intimidating batsmen, hitting them or picking up wickets?

BL: All three? Can I have all three or not?

HB: No, this is not a buffet … (laughs)

BL: (laughs) It's not a buffet… I like to take wickets, but you intimidate first then you take the wicket hopefully.

HB: The best spell you've ever bowled.

BL: It was probably the spell to Brian Lara [Port-of-Spain Test, 2003], I think. That was up there with my favourites. Even though I did not get him out, I kept him on strike for an hour and half. There is a photo that I have got him to sign - the Kookaburra ball was going past his nose, his feet were completely off the ground, higher than the stumps. And all the crowd were going licks… don't know what they do in the West Indies but it was great, great fun.

HB: They had always done the chin music to their opponents and this was giving it back to them…

BL: They were getting a bit back from the '80s.

HB: The best bouncer you have bowled? That one?

BL: Yes, that one or to get a batsman out playing a pull shot, maybe to get Sachin [Tendulkar] out caught in slips.

HB: The first bouncer?

BL: The first bouncer I bowled was Under-10s. I dragged one down and it went over the batsman's head, so I was like "Wow, this is pretty cool."

HB: The batsman you found toughest to bowl to?

BL: Sachin or Brian Lara - those two.

HB: What would you give up to change the result of Edgbaston 2005?

BL: You know, that is up there with one of the most favourite games I ever played in. People ask me, "How can it be one of the favourite games when you lost?", but in life you don't always have to hold the trophy up. Even though we lost, we lost by two runs. That was one of the best spirit-of-cricket games that I have played in - Andrew Flintoff shaking my hand after the game. The sportsmanship, the way we fought back and fell so close... And the kids that were brought to the game after watching that Ashes series, I think was really good, so that was a great series.

HB: Ashes win or the World Cup - which is more satisfying?

BL: Now you've thrown me. That is a bouncer, that is a good bouncer.

Oh gosh… I want to say World Cup. I can't decide.

HB: That's all right. It's not a crime to not be able to decide.

BL: Ask me next week and I will say the Ashes. Can I?

HB: Okay, it's not a crime to not be able to decide. That's all right. By not being able to decide you have given me an answer anyway.

BL: Okay, there you go.

HB: A fast bowler you would have liked to partner?

BL: I would have loved to bowl in tandem with the great DK Lillee. Dennis Lillee - great action, great aggression, had all the tricks, had the whole lot, had every single ball. And he is a top fella, a top bloke.

HB: A batsman from any era, not just your own, you would have liked to bowl to?

BL: Viv Richards, I think. Just his stride, the way he walked out, no helmet… And he just had that physical presence that... come on, if you bounce me, you are going to fetch it [from] 15 rows back.

HB: The baggy green means.

BL: The baggy green means everything. The baggy green makes you get out of the bed those mornings when you are hurting. It makes you get through that last spell. It makes you bowl that extra ball. It makes you feel ten-foot taller when you are batting. The baggy green means everything.

HB: Your best friend in the Australian cricket team?

BL: At the moment I would probably say Shane Watson, because we both play guitar and sing. (laughs)

It's good away from the ground. Look, he is a great bloke, his career has come along and he is going to be a great leader for Australia at some stage.

HB: Okay, you've got a packed house, you're bowling at 160kph or you're playing in a band, both to a packed house - what excites you more?

BL: I would say bowling 160kph in a packed house, because that won't last forever. You can play music till you are old.

HB: One superstition about you that we don't know about?

BL: Superstitious or routine, I always put my left shoe on first.

HB: But superstition is not a big thing for you?

BL: No, not really. I'm not like, if I have worn a pair of bike shorts or pair of underwear or a pair of coloured socks… I would go on and do that [all the time]. I know there are a few batsmen around the world who have stuck bats to the roof, went and got a hundred and so now have to do it every single time.

HB: Neil McKenzie. (laughs)

BL: (laughs) I know, you know that one.

HB: (laughs) He has stopped doing it, apparently.

BL: But that's… everyone is different. I think the game is hard as it is, you just don't want to complicate things.

HB: Who is the bigger bully - Brett Lee or Shane Lee?

BL: Shane Lee.

HB: Nonsense.

BL: Definitely.

HB: Nonsense.

BL: He has bullied me my whole life. But no… he is good. He has been a great leader for me, a great mentor and a good brother. But he is a bully.

HB: You are now sounding like a Hindi film.

BL: You reckon?

HB: My elder brother, lovely fellow, sweet guy… (laughs)

BL: (laughs) Throw a couple of these (makes song-and-dance gesture) in, and you would be good to go.

HB: An unfulfilled dream - something that you might have loved to achieve but couldn't?

BL: I want to do more with my music. I have got some stuff that I want to do with my charity as well, which I am setting up over here, later on.

HB: But you can still do that. Is there something that will now be unfulfilled?

BL: Well, if it hasn't been achieved, to me it's unfulfilled. It's not like it's an untouchable goal. I look back and I think I would have loved to score a Test hundred, but it didn't happen. I would have loved to take a Test six-for or a Test ten-for, but it didn't happen. They are goals, when you look back now, that can't be achieved, but it would have been great if they had happened.

HB: And your proudest moment as a person and a cricketer?

BL: The proudest moment as a person is easy. It's the birth of my boy, Preston. Best moment ever. And I think my proudest moment as a cricket is getting my baggy green for the first time. Putting it on your head, you just get this feeling. I still get goosebumps thinking about it.

HB: Right, there you are - short stuff to Brett Lee, and my verdict: he took it on the chin, like some of the batsmen who played against him.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/video_audio/544395.html

Arvind Srinivasan
10th December 2011, 12:02 PM
136 ..

oh!! made a mistake there.....136 it is....

19thmay
10th December 2011, 02:56 PM
Indha pitch, conditions ellam paathale bayama irukku, namma pasanga thaanguvaangala?

Arvind Srinivasan
10th December 2011, 03:16 PM
Sydney adelaidelaan belters traditionally n are actually sub continental like except for the bounce.....it is melbourne and perth which are of concern....considering our batting approach to seaming wickets and those that bounce i definitely think every batsmen barring dravid will be susceptible.....hopefully the conditions in perth is akin to the one that was played in 2008

sathya_1979
12th December 2011, 07:50 AM
Excellent ton Warner :clap:

venkkiram
12th December 2011, 08:21 AM
Excellent ton Warner :clap:

Best performance! But the course of the match changed now. NZs is tasting the victory. What a collapse!

littlemaster1982
12th December 2011, 08:36 AM
NZ wins the match. Namakku bowling attack ozhunga amainja easy-a series win pannalam. Indha neram paarthu avan avanukku injury :banghead:

littlemaster1982
12th December 2011, 08:37 AM
Err, the verdict is reversed by UDRS :|

venkkiram
12th December 2011, 08:40 AM
போறபோக்கப் பார்த்தா ஆஸி ஜெயிச்சிடுவானுங்க போலிருக்கே! என்ன மாதிரியான டிசைன் இது? சத்திய சோதனை.

venkkiram
12th December 2011, 08:44 AM
Namakku bowling attack ozhunga amainja easy-a series win pannalam. பீலிபெய் சாகாடும் அச்சிறும் அப்பண்டஞ் சால மிகுத்துப் பெயின்!

venkkiram
12th December 2011, 08:45 AM

Bracewell to Lyon, no run

appeal for lbw, the umpire rules it not out and Taylor has called for a review.

Tension! Tension! Tension!

sathya_1979
12th December 2011, 08:58 AM
Whattay Test Match! Bracewell :clap: Warner :clap: :bow:

This is why I LOVE Test Matches!

V_S
12th December 2011, 08:59 AM
Unbelievable test match. Tie should have been the fair result. Lyon and Warner were batting so well, anyway very good win for NZ. :clap: Well deserved.

sathya_1979
12th December 2011, 08:59 AM
Master, have they employed DRS in our series?

venkkiram
12th December 2011, 09:06 AM
:clap: NZ's

Southee: "That was too close to comfort. A nail-biting finish. It's the first time we've done that since some of us have been alive. It was a great innings right through from Warner. We've got a great fielding side, we believe in our fielders, and we did a great job in the slips."

பேட்டிங், பௌலிங் இவைகள் அவ்வப்போது செத்துப் பிழைத்தாலும் இந்த ஒரு டிபார்ட்மென்ட் மட்டுமே இன்னும் நியுசிலாந்திற்கு வரம்.

venkkiram
12th December 2011, 09:10 AM
Bracewell...what a bowling figure! :notworthy:

MiddleOrder : Ricky, Clarke, Hussey,
Tail : Pattinson, Starc, Lyon
Both these sections failed against Bracewell!!

VinodKumar's
12th December 2011, 09:18 AM
Newzeland :clap: :clap: :clap:

Arvind Srinivasan
12th December 2011, 09:22 AM
super match....It could auger well for test cricket if this standard is kept up for every match....already exited for the border gavaskar series.....

Plum
12th December 2011, 09:47 AM
No DRS please! In India matches, it is solely used to refer close decisions in favour of India(and overturn them) while india's referrals will not be favoured. If employed correctly it can be useful for India but ICC umpires and match officials go through"anti-india" training so we have no use for DRS. When we place our Bansals and Singhals in the elite panel, then we can opt for DRS.

littlemaster1982
12th December 2011, 09:49 AM
Master, have they employed DRS in our series?

Yes. And it added more drama during the final hour.

Plum
12th December 2011, 09:53 AM
Also, 20 wicket easyA vizhundhuttA high-standard match-nu arththam illai. In a flat pitch high-scoring match, batsmen plunder. In a low scoring, green pitch, even debutant bowlers plunder. The latter is not necessarily of greater quality than the former. And to be seduced by better quality TV telecast is another typical indian trait...let's not fall prey to such traps.

mgb
12th December 2011, 10:00 AM
Yes. And it added more drama during the final hour.master.. i thought he was asking about the coming up ind-aus series

littlemaster1982
12th December 2011, 10:02 AM
:oops: Innum thookkam kalaiyala :lol: Namma series-la DRS irukkadhunnu ninaikkiren.

sathya_1979
12th December 2011, 10:09 AM
:lol: I mentioned "our" series, Iyaam not a kiwi yet (NZ Team Physio ok na enakkum ok :yessir: )

ajithfederer
12th December 2011, 10:49 AM
Still this is a better test match. Much better than what our Indian matches offer. Pitch was much better too.

Also, 20 wicket easyA vizhundhuttA high-standard match-nu arththam illai. In a flat pitch high-scoring match, batsmen plunder. In a low scoring, green pitch, even debutant bowlers plunder. The latter is not necessarily of greater quality than the former. And to be seduced by better quality TV telecast is another typical indian trait...let's not fall prey to such traps.

hamid
12th December 2011, 11:28 AM
woke up and the first ball I saw led to NZ victory and was ecstatic.. only to be saddened by the fact that the decision was overturned.. to my agony the match went on and on and I was almost sure Australia will win.. esp with that four of Lyon. Thank god.. the day still started good with added thrill..

Plum
12th December 2011, 12:06 PM
The quality of batsmanship on offer in this test match was piss-poor. Flat pitch or not, I prefer a Sehwag bullying match to such poor batting displays. For all we know, the vaunted indian batting lineup might also perform poorly in a similar manner later this year and in january - but that doesn't absolve this poor advertisement for pathetic batting skills in World Cricket today...

P_R
12th December 2011, 12:37 PM
I prefer batsmen struggling to plundering.
DRS should be there. Obviously. Even though I conceptually hate it for undermining the authority of the on-field umpire. I am beginning to think it should be used. Use Hawk-Eye, Eagle-Eye, HotSpot, whatever but finally the decision using all those tech. inputs should be made by the human third umpire. avvaLo dhaan pA.

P_R
12th December 2011, 12:40 PM
If it hadn't rained yesterday and the weather wasn't mappum mandhaaramum, then would as much swing have obtained?
oru ball kooda paakkalai, summA oru theorizing.

wizzy
12th December 2011, 01:12 PM
From whatever little I saw the ball seamed and it had little to do with overhead conditions...

<self-plug> was at the match yesterday...Virat got the loudest cheer after Raina :shock: Ajinkya/Raina were super cool with the crowd and like Mumbai the ticket prices were slashed :)

Plum
12th December 2011, 01:28 PM
It was poor batting. Period. Warnerlaam century adikkaRAn - what happened to the senior batsmen? NZ - no need to say, never been quality batsmen. And their best batsman(Dan the man) was not there, too. Australia - Sad to see Ricky reduced to this: hope Umesh, Ishant, Vinay and co. can make him look better in the upcoming series but what will he do against Jimmy, Stuey, Timmy, Chrissy and Stevie in the next Ashes? Even Ten, Lax and Rahul might ne exposed in the upcoming series going by their capitulation in better conditions(Ten and Lax) and exhaustion of good form(Rah). Standards of batsmanship aren't great - therefore, these are not necessarily better matches for me. It is not as if we are watching a Wasim or Curtley masterclass bowling. We just have that bias against flat pitches in our mind. You enjoy what you can but don't bad-mouth variety in pitches. Malcolm Marshall terrorised a set of very good indian batsmen on their own pitches. Dale Steyn held his own against the galacticos on these pitches - so no whining against these pitches, please. Just deal with it - and understand that variety is the spice of life.

Bala (Karthik)
12th December 2011, 01:36 PM
I prefer batsmen struggling to plundering.

Absolutely!!!!

Bala (Karthik)
12th December 2011, 01:38 PM
Plum
The problem is exactly with variety - the lack therof. Ellame flat tracks aittu varudhu....

P_R
12th December 2011, 01:46 PM
Flau,

batting, bowling talent waning as they stand flat-fitch, greentop, idhula edhu frefer paNNuveenga. All Indians are my brothers and sisters, therefore flat pitch-nu sollappadaadhu :notthatway: Indha oversexed six,four fests paarthu kaduppAgudhu - nErthu Pollardhavan paththu six-aamE! What a pity.
Aus first innings - 2/3 lbws, rest all caught behind. paakuradhukkE evvaLO nallA irunchu.

Chris Martin > Kieron Pollard 'ngrEn. avvaLo dhaan pA

Plum
12th December 2011, 02:12 PM
I am fine with Hobart type matches. I am saying do not assume an air of superiorityngaREn. Within India, can there be more variety? Absoutely. IvLO En, all we need is a match each in Chennai, Bangalore and Kolkata every India series - that itself will ensure decent variety and quality test matches, esp Chennai. I am not for blindly shaving off Grass in all indian venues. But the thing is Do Not Assume an Air of Superiority for your pitches and conditions - they just happen to be what they are and contribute to the variety in World Cricket. Another thing: whenever a pitch slightly favours spin, icc gives a warning. The colombo test which Clarke and co were happy with still got a warning. I only can see that as a pressure tactic of warning groundsmen and venues from pitches favouring spin. It could also be that groundsmen are wary of producng spinning pitches, but cannot produce green ones because India won't like it - that they are forced to prepare flatties. If ICC's bias against spinning pitches is eradicated, we might see better (spin-favouring) pitches in india than flatter ones.

Bala (Karthik)
12th December 2011, 02:15 PM
Plum
Chennai-a? with the present day wicket?????

P_R
12th December 2011, 02:23 PM
Flau, it wasn't anti-spin. First day deterioration. Bounce aanadhum sumoke ellAm vandhuchchu.
So, what-nu kEkkalaam. naan innum andha aLavu pakkuvappadalai.

Bala (Karthik)
12th December 2011, 02:26 PM
Bounce aanadhum sumoke ellAm vandhuchchu.

:lol:

KV
12th December 2011, 02:34 PM
Flau, it wasn't anti-spin. First day deterioration. Bounce aanadhum sumoke ellAm vandhuchchu.

:lol: you're in some wild form today!

ajithfederer
12th December 2011, 02:41 PM

19thmay
12th December 2011, 02:44 PM
I am surprised by the way Warner was batting as they require just under 10 runs for the win.Lyon faced many balls than Warner, I agree that the field setup would be very aggressive for eleventh batsman and the boundries would be free, but then how can you keep on ask Lyon to face most of the balls as you nearing the target and pressure was mounting. Silly batting in the end by Warner though he has done a remarkable job today. Bracewell should be the man of the match, 9 wickets boss!

ajithfederer
12th December 2011, 02:46 PM
Yenga Warner nalla payyan-nga. Unga fav Viru best friend ya. Viru solli than thambiyae test credentials ellam serioussaa eduthukittu velayadraan. He is a very good fielder too. Look at me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9BDbM7llYk&feature=g-u)

It was poor batting. Period. Warnerlaam century adikkaRAn - what happened to the senior batsmen? NZ - no need to say, never been quality batsmen. And their best batsman(Dan the man) was not there, too. Australia - Sad to see Ricky reduced to this: hope Umesh, Ishant, Vinay and co. can make him look better in the upcoming series but what will he do against Jimmy, Stuey, Timmy, Chrissy and Stevie in the next Ashes? Even Ten, Lax and Rahul might ne exposed in the upcoming series going by their capitulation in better conditions(Ten and Lax) and exhaustion of good form(Rah). Standards of batsmanship aren't great - therefore, these are not necessarily better matches for me. It is not as if we are watching a Wasim or Curtley masterclass bowling. We just have that bias against flat pitches in our mind. You enjoy what you can but don't bad-mouth variety in pitches. Malcolm Marshall terrorised a set of very good indian batsmen on their own pitches. Dale Steyn held his own against the galacticos on these pitches - so no whining against these pitches, please. Just deal with it - and understand that variety is the spice of life.

Plum
12th December 2011, 02:55 PM
Sumoke varattum, fire varattum. Did the match entertain? Were the players happy? Were the winners happy? Were the losers unhappy about the pitch? Why do you presume that it was bad when nobody has complained? What is your problem with that? Sanga/Dilshan didn't complain,Clarke didn't complain, the test was well attended. Why do you go and issue a warning to the ground? Who are ypu to do that when primary stakeholders aren't complaining? Why double standards? I 'll tell you why - no grundsman should ever again think of a pitch favouring spin, that's why. When icc pursues such a naked agenda, don't expect me to appreciate their shenaingans. Repeat, if it is ok to have Hobart, Colombo was fine too. Visual effect vechu comedy pannitta basic fact maaridaadhu :evil:

Plum
12th December 2011, 03:00 PM
Af, no problem with Warner. What I am saying is that even a batsman more suitable for T20 scored a century - so the reason for the low scores is poor batsmanship rather than great bowling. Hence, the quality of the test match is suspect - Mumbai 2004 on the oter hand tested the best batsman and only Sachin/Lax came out with credit - now that's a bowler's pitch I'd like to see and a test match of high quality. Bangalore 1987 will be banned in today's Cricket but it was the best match ever I have seen - and Sunny's 96 was among the best innings ever (on that pitch!). Adhellaam ungalukku poor pitch, poor test matchnz solvinga innikku nadandhaa :evil:

P_R
12th December 2011, 03:15 PM
Plum it was Galle not Colombo. Anyway prachanai ellAm oNNu dhaan.
Nothing like a warning against any spin-friendly pitches ever. It was deteriorating on Day One.
The stakeholders aren't the two parties who play the game. I am not saying the ICC is the guardian of the greatest interest of the game. Merely challenging that the teams aren't the only stakeholders.

I know a lot of people feel the way you do. Why should a greentop be considered sporting but a first-day square turner be looked down upon. adhaan first post-layE pOttEnE, enakku andha aLavu pakkuvam paththalai-nu.

Fundamentally it boils down to my utter distaste for a pitch like that. But I am okay with a pitch where even on day 5 a spinner gets little assistance. Pacers attack, batsmen survive, spinner trap - mindgame, concentration test, partnership pacing - ippadiyE paarthu pazhagiyAchu. idhai maatha solli 5 spinners a side, all-turn-nu sonnA rigest paNNa kashtamA irukku.

If you say resultless dabbA pitches should also be warned. I agree.
But greentops :mrgreen: No I say, they are fun.

Actually Galle turned out to be good. But first day did look very odd.

wizzy
12th December 2011, 03:26 PM
P_R remember the greentop wickets dished out by kiwis before the 2003 worldcup? did ICC issue some sort of warning? :) playing on dustbowl is an art and it is fast becoming alien to even our young Indian bats//

P_R
12th December 2011, 03:37 PM
P_R remember the greentop wickets dished out by kiwis before the 2003 worldcup?
did ICC issue some sort of warning? :) Oh yeah. I liked that tore (I am hopeless, no? :lol2:)

I have never liked Srinath more. No, not vs. South Africa in Ahmedabath or anything. He swung both ways, cut sharply and was such a joy. Zaheerbhai was also great. On several occasions he swung just enough to knock the stumps, it was exhult worthy. Batsmen bombed, adhukku enna seyya mudiyin.

That tour proved crucial to the development to our pace attack in WC - the only time ever I recall India winning matches due to fast bowlers!!

playing on dustbowl is an art and it is fast becoming alien to even our young Indian bats//
adhellAm sari. But Day 4-5 detioration, makes decision at toss, innings-pacing, declaration all important and all I like very much.
Square turner on day one dhaan mugam suLichify.

Flau 80s-ku ellAm pOraar. Gabil summA anju over pOttuttu Maneendran kitta poruppai oppadaicha match ellAm invoke paNraar. appo dhaan naan cricket paarthadhE illaiyE.

wizzy
12th December 2011, 04:07 PM
Oh yeah. I liked that tore (I am hopeless, no? :lol2:)

I have never liked Srinath more. No, not vs. South Africa in Ahmedabath or anything. He swung both ways, cut sharply and was such a joy. Zaheerbhai was also great. On several occasions he swung just enough to knock the stumps, it was exhult worthy. Batsmen bombed, adhukku enna seyya mudiyin.

That tour proved crucial to the development to our pace attack in WC - the only time ever I recall India winning matches due to fast bowlers!!

adhellAm sari. But Day 4-5 detioration, makes decision at toss, innings-pacing, declaration all important and all I like very much.
Square turner on day one dhaan mugam suLichify.

Flau 80s-ku ellAm pOraar. Gabil summA anju over pOttuttu Maneendran kitta poruppai oppadaicha match ellAm invoke paNraar. appo dhaan naan cricket paarthadhE illaiyE.

so you are ok with a test match lasting 2 1/2 days on a green top but not on a dustbowl :mrgreen: bowling on the dustbowl/greentop isn't a major skill..I loathe patta wickets and whenever state association prepared a greentop to settle their personal scores with BCCI..the teams batting first always got the stick and the pitch eases out helping the teams batting second. I would rather have a dustbowl in India than a greentop where the result is greatly influenced by the toss.

Plum
12th December 2011, 04:07 PM
That's the point - you want a different type of pitch warned just because your whim is against it. In the case of ICC, it is vested interest in addition. This is not acceptable in a democracy(yeah I know a BCCI democracy but what the heck, they get ridicuoed enough right? You guys aren't even ridiculed for your self-serving stand on pitches).

P_R
12th December 2011, 04:49 PM
Oru standard-ai whim-ngreer.

mudhal naaLE udhirum pitchil adhuvum oru thiRamai dhaanE 'ngreer. idhukku enna badhil solradhu?!
nallA irunga, avvaLo dhaan. :lol2:

P_R
12th December 2011, 04:58 PM
To perceive the standard as nothing but an accretion of lopsided advantages, crystallized from the power-equations of an earlier era, and the reprimanding of aberrations as something motivated by vested interests to suppress, oppress and depress.... indha fattern romba familiarA irukkE :-|

Plum
12th December 2011, 05:09 PM
Yeah, adhuvum oru thiRamai dhaan as Lax/Sach showed in 2004/Mumbai. As a student who only topped the class(with marks like 9/25 being the topper) when the prof laid difficult pitches (I.e) out of syllabus questions, I have a strong affinity to such performances. nAngallAm epdi enga theRamaiya kAttradhu - standardAvE maindain paNNingannA genius-ai epdi appreciate paNNuvInga?

Plum
12th December 2011, 05:14 PM
Familiarity doesn't mean it is not true no? Perhaps familiarity is indicative of the commonplaceness of such vested interests

P_R
12th December 2011, 05:29 PM
naan dhaan munnAdiyE ungaLai sabichittEnE. ungaLaala sagichikka mudiyaadha oru maatram varum. :kamaNdala neer throw:

Plum
12th December 2011, 05:34 PM
EnnAla sagichukka mudiyAdha pala practices already rampant in ICC no?

P_R
12th December 2011, 05:39 PM
I meant changes to the game.

neenga oru political naan mere spectatoral.

indha 400+ scores, two new balls. Practically 25 overs of swing-happy ODIs. manasu valikkudhu.
Sachin sonna split innings idea- summAkaachum oru match try paNNungappA.

Plum
12th December 2011, 06:00 PM
Oh I don't watch ODIs anymore(Sehwag or not)** it has changed way beyond my appreciation range(hence my calls for killing the format). ** - except when SRT is playing, whence. I am in a dilemma between watching it vs jinxing the man :(

P_R
13th December 2011, 12:33 PM
Saw the Aus wickets this morning H/L. It wasn't wild swing or anything. It was like, they weren't even trying to concentrate.

Khwaja oru waste payyan. summA Eththi vidaraanga
The one that got Clarke was good, the rest were pretty regular. People looked impatient.
Ponting...ivan characterai purinjikkavE mudiyalai...kinda wicket. enna aachu thambi?

Then they showed the NZ wickets - mark my words - Siddle will be a handful in our series.
Patterson, Cummins ellAm samALichuruvOmnu ninaikkurEn.
One hope is Aus dropping Siddle for Johnson when picking the XI :lol2:

wizzy
13th December 2011, 12:55 PM
^ with our predominant right handed toporder and their shortcomings against left armers wouldn't be suprised if Bollinger gets to play the boxing day test.

Plum
13th December 2011, 01:21 PM
So if they weren't trying to concentrate - a basic requirement of a test batsman - how is this a better test match? Even on flat pitches, a proper test batsman with concentration is needed to score big. It is just your prejudice that places ordinary matches on green wickets blanketly above #all# matches on flat wickets. I have no such pre-judice.

P_R
13th December 2011, 02:06 PM
Naan idhai very good match-u ellAm sollavE illaiyE.
It is indeed a testament to the declining batting standards (appadinnu knowledgable sounding-A sollaNum pOla irukku)
I'd rather watch this than Pollard sixfest or SEvagan 200. That's all.

Plum
13th December 2011, 03:19 PM
Which Flat pitch test match had Pollard sixfest? What are you comparing against what? :huh:

P_R
13th December 2011, 03:49 PM
Oh test matchE dhaan vENumA?
Note paNNikkarEn. Next yaarvadhu SL tour pOyi Paranavitana, Samaraweera aaLukkoru 150 adikkumbOdhu varEn.

wizzy
13th December 2011, 03:59 PM
P_R Pollard got his 100 against the likes of Jadeja,Irfan,Rahul,Raina,Tiwary..would punt on Pollard to score a 100 against this attack in any part of the world..
seems preparations are in full swing for the Eng tour http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/top-stories/PCB-to-send-curators-to-UAE-before-England-series/articleshow/11069785.cms :-D

Plum
13th December 2011, 04:36 PM
That parana, samara match will be comparable to this match with bracewell, siddle etc. You were comparing a Sehwack bullying match with this one which doesn't cut much ice. A Sehwag knock even on a flat pitch is joy to behold - much like Akram/Ambrose on a pitch that assists seam/swng/fast bowling. By blindly ridiculing that as equal to this "ordinary" match on a "green" wicket, you are obfuscating in my opinion. Apples to apples, oranges to oranges.

Puliyan_Biryani
13th December 2011, 05:30 PM
Ponting or Hussey in line to be axed (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/series-tournaments/india-in-australia/top-stories/Ponting-or-Hussey-in-line-to-be-axed-from-India-series-Border/articleshow/11092577.cms)

"Now you've got the situation where he's not performing. So now everyone's going to talk. It's going to annoy Ricky, it's going to annoy the team ... it is just the worst scenario possible when he decided to play on.
:rotfl2: soodu patturundhaalum, kedaicha chance-a miss panna maattaaru nammaalu.

BTB, the last test with NZ was the first time an Aussie captain has elected to field after the 2005 Edgbaston match :lol2:.

Siv.S
14th December 2011, 03:56 PM
'Day-night Tests should be explored' - Dravid

Rahul Dravid believes day-night Test cricket should be seriously considered in an effort to bring fans back to the longer form of the game. Dravid was in Canberra on Wednesday night to deliver the annual Bradman Oration, in which he also urged the ICC to scale back the number of meaningless one-day internationals and instead focus 50-over cricket on major tournaments like the World Cup.

The first foreign player to deliver the Bradman Oration, which has been held since 2000, Dravid spoke of charting a clear road-map for the three formats as one of the biggest challenges facing the game. He said it was clear that the three formats could not continue to be played in equal amounts, but that none should be allowed to die out.

"Cricket must find a middle path," Dravid said. "It must scale down this mad merry-go-round that teams and players find themselves in: heading off for two-Test tours and seven-match ODI series with a few Twenty20s thrown in."

Dravid described Test cricket as "the gold standard" and the form that the players most wanted to play, and T20 as the cricket that fans wanted to see. To encourage spectators back to Test grounds around the world is a challenge for cricket administrators, and Dravid said it was important to keep the fans in mind, hence the potential of day-night Test cricket.

"Test cricket deserves to be protected, it is what the world's best know they will be judged by," he said. "Where I come from, nation versus nation is what got people interested in cricket in the first place. When I hear the news that a country is playing without some of its best players, I always wonder, what do their fans think?

"People may not be able to turn up to watch Test cricket but everyone follows the scores. We may not fill 65,000 capacity stadiums for Test matches, but we must actively fight to get as many as we can in, to create a Test match environment that the players and the fans feed off. Anything but the sight of Tests played on empty grounds.

"For that, we have got to play Test cricket that people can watch. I don't think day-night Tests or a Test championship should be dismissed. In March of last year I played a day-night first-class game in Abu Dhabi for the MCC - and my experience from that was that day-night Tests is an idea seriously worth exploring. There may be some challenges in places where there is dew but the visibility and durability of the pink cricket ball was not an issue."

Dravid also said that a Test championship would encourage every team and player to deliver strong performances in every match, with context provided for every Test. At the moment, there is an ICC Test rankings table but the inaugural Test championship will not be held until 2017, when Dravid will be 44 years old.

The ICC had hoped to bring the championship forward to 2013 and use it to replace the Champions Trophy, but commitments to the broadcaster and sponsors meant that could not be done. Dravid said he was against the idea of scrapping ODIs altogether but believed that events like the World Cup and the Champions Trophy should be the focus, with other ODIs contributing to rankings for those events.

"Since about, I think 1985, people have been saying that there is too much meaningless one-day cricket," he said. "Maybe it's finally time to do something about it ... Anything makes more sense than seven-match ODI series."

More context for matches might also help draw crowds back to the game. Dravid said he had been surprised to see the lack of spectators at an ODI series featuring India this year and he described the sight of empty stands as "alarming".

"India played its first one-day international at home in November 1981 when I was nine," he said. "Between then and now we have played 277 one-dayers at home; the five-match series against England in October was the first time our grounds were not full for an ODI featuring the Indian team.

"The India v England ODI series had no context, because the two countries had played each other in four Tests and five ODIs just a few weeks before. When India and the West Indies played ODIs a month after that, the grounds were full but this time matches were played in smaller venues that didn't host too much international cricket. Maybe our clues are all there and we must remain vigilant."

Dravid said that even if fans were watching on television, the experience was not the same. And that, he argued, could have consequences in the long term.

"Whatever the reasons are - maybe it is too much cricket or too little by way of comfort for spectators. The fan has sent us a message and we must listen. This is not mere sentimentality. Empty stands do not make for good television. Bad television can lead to a fall in ratings, the fall in ratings will be felt by media planners and advertisers' looking elsewhere.

"If that happens, it is hard to see television rights around cricket being as sought after as they have always been in the last 15 years. And where does that leave everyone?"

P_R
14th December 2011, 04:00 PM
Great sense of humour too in the speech.
This boy has a right future.

ajithfederer
15th December 2011, 02:32 PM
SL in trouble already against SA. 15/2. Sanga back 2 pavilion. Meanwhile SL Cricketers must be applauded for playing for 8 months (since WC) w/o pay. :shock: :clap:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-africa-v-sri-lanka-2011/engine/current/match/514032.html

Plum
15th December 2011, 02:41 PM
Sanga Jaya all ok - thy have IPL income but how do the likes of Herath, Samaraweera manage their household :shock:

wizzy
15th December 2011, 06:54 PM
Philander yet another 5 wicket haul..has outbowled Morkel in all the matches :clap:

P_R
15th December 2011, 07:16 PM
Is this a record. Three five-fors on debut?
Like Azhar's three centuries in his first three tests./

Plum
15th December 2011, 07:35 PM
Didn't L Siva get 6 in each of his first 3 inns?

Puliyan_Biryani
15th December 2011, 08:16 PM
Is this a record. Three five-fors on debut?
Like Azhar's three centuries in his first three tests./
yaaro CTB Turner-aam, modho 6 match-layum Pfeifer eduthurukkaaraam. 8 Pfeifers in first 6 matches. indha maadhiri record-kellaam Post-WW II vonly-nu condition add panni rejett pannanum pola :D.

ajithfederer
16th December 2011, 10:34 AM
Reposted from ICF forum http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=177323

India versus Australia - 2001 Border Gavaskar Trophy [Entire Series Video]
Ladies and Gentlemen, here it is, video highlights of every day of every match of the 2001 Border - Gavaskar Trophy, possibly India's greatest ever test series victory, a victory of Mahabharat proportions. What memories.

Jai Hind

Instructions:

1. Download all parts to the same folder
2. Use hjsplit to combine all parts together to create the one composite file.

Audio: 8 / 10

Video: 8 / 10; The pictures don't really do justice to the video quality.

Test 1: Mumbai

Link:

http://www.zshare.net/download/64642072642d38a7/

wizzy
16th December 2011, 10:56 AM
^Error 404 - File Not Found :???:

ajithfederer
16th December 2011, 11:08 AM
Ayyago :oops:

mgb
16th December 2011, 11:46 AM
Didn't L Siva get 6 in each of his first 3 inns?he did

sathya_1979
18th December 2011, 06:55 AM
Is it only me? Or, anybody else is interested in killing Imran Tahir? :roll: :evil:

satissh_r
18th December 2011, 11:39 AM
Is it only me? Or, anybody else is interested in killing Imran Tahir? :roll: :evil:

Wizzy is :p

wizzy
18th December 2011, 12:56 PM
^he tries too hard to fit into the Proteas setup with his blonde hair-do and over the top celebrations...needs to take a queue from KP,Trott :smile:

wizzy
20th December 2011, 07:38 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/international/england/8966386/Kevin-Pietersen-says-Graeme-Swanns-autobiography-isnot-a-clever-book-after-fielding-criticism-from-bowler.html

sani peyarchi at work :-D

Plum
20th December 2011, 07:45 PM
Adhellaam school headmaster Strauss correct paNNiduvaarunga. Avar wicket-ai edukkaNum :evil:

P_R
20th December 2011, 08:11 PM
Democratic sharing of divergent views are there in a mature team. :mrgreen:
Only thudhipaadal or kudumi-pidi saNdai-nu pArthu vaLarndha namakku vidhyAsamA irukku :lol2:

Plum
20th December 2011, 08:18 PM
OthukaarEn. Unga team paththini-nu othukkarEn. Nestu meet pandrEn :oops: :sad:

wizzy
20th December 2011, 08:37 PM
@PR as Plum says appadi ethavuthu nadantha thaen undu :(
your take on playing both Ojha/Ashwin for the boxing day test?

Plum
20th December 2011, 08:55 PM
Wizzy, endha bowler veLayAdinA enna? Ponting cashing in uRudhi. Oz batting delight uRudhi. Neengalum naanum kooda pOi pOdalAm. ONNum solRadhukilla...

littlemaster1982
20th December 2011, 09:43 PM
your take on playing both Ojha/Ashwin for the boxing day test?

Kekka nalladhan irukku, aana govt (read Dhoni) otthukkadhungale :?

P_R
20th December 2011, 10:29 PM
Kekka nalladhan irukku, aana govt (read Dhoni) otthukkadhungale :? :lol:

If there is only one sfot, they should play Ojha ahead of Ashwin 'ngrEn.

ajithfederer
21st December 2011, 05:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1BR071uw2s&feature=player_embedded

Warnie :bow:. Best spinner ever.

satissh_r
23rd December 2011, 04:53 PM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/big-bash-league-2011/engine/current/match/524922.html

Adelaide gets Gayled ;) breaks his own record for most sixes in an innings

raghavendran
24th December 2011, 08:48 AM
the best ever striker of the cricket ball :bow:

Arvind Srinivasan
26th December 2011, 02:24 PM
SL vs SA
SL- 47/2

Two wickets for debutante Marchant de Lange...the year of debutantes continues....
Meanwhile sangakkara is having a horror series in south Africa....out for zero....his series average is 1 in three innings

Arvind Srinivasan
26th December 2011, 02:41 PM
Jayawardene touches 10k.....a player who's used the subcontinental conditions to the tilt.....79% of his total runs in the subcontinent.......

Plum
26th December 2011, 03:14 PM
Arvind, how much percentage of Lanka's matches are outside Subcontinent?

Arvind Srinivasan
26th December 2011, 05:57 PM
From 1990 onwards SL has played 180 matches overall and have played 62 of these outside the subcontinent.....34% outside SC

If we take from Jayawardene's career ,143 matches have been played...the total number of matches are 43 outside the subcontinent.....around 30% outside SC

For Mahela its 37 matches out off 127...with a percentage of lesser than 30.....

ajithfederer
27th December 2011, 04:35 PM
Then aaprika 27/3 against SL's 338. Rudolph/Smith/Kallis gone. Camaaaan SL.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-africa-v-sri-lanka-2011/engine/current/match/514033.html

P_R
27th December 2011, 04:46 PM
de Lange 7 wickets.
Debutant bowlers this year have been terrific!

KV
27th December 2011, 04:52 PM
philander-ku enna aachu, injurya? pOna testla dhool kelappinaane.

Plum
27th December 2011, 05:14 PM
Yov AF. Lanka jeyikka koodadhuyyA. EllAm EnglandukkEthA mAdhiri nadakkudhu :(. VAzhkkaila mudhal muRaiyA iyAm supporting a non-subcontinental nation against a subcontinental nation - ippO pArththu Lanka avasiyam jeyikkaNumA? :banghead:

Arvind Srinivasan
27th December 2011, 07:42 PM
OMG South Africa are 135 for 8.....the durban jinx is at them again....who in the world would have thought of sri lankan bounce back.....

PARAMASHIVAN
28th December 2011, 07:13 PM
Yov AF. Lanka jeyikka koodadhuyyA. EllAm EnglandukkEthA mAdhiri nadakkudhu :(. VAzhkkaila mudhal muRaiyA iyAm supporting a non-subcontinental nation against a subcontinental nation - ippO pArththu Lanka avasiyam jeyikkaNumA? :banghead:

Cook & Co will struggle againts the like of Steyn, So never fear :)

Arvind Srinivasan
28th December 2011, 08:30 PM
Guess thats it for SA...no way can they chase 420 and above in testing conditions...the durban jinx is at them again.....

Plum
28th December 2011, 10:01 PM
Flower power again. Manushan EdhO black magic paNdrApla. But think what our series draw in Safrica means now - nothing. If Lanka can win atest in Durban, was our win an achievement at all? England in England whitewash

VinodKumar's
28th December 2011, 10:29 PM
Nalla vela Sanga kadaisi 3 innings nalla veladula illaena Dravid ah minthirupaan :) .... Bell average 118 intha varusham :shocked:

sathya_1979
29th December 2011, 12:53 AM
Can somebody explain why LBW cannot be given for a ball which pitched outside Leg-Stump? Do we have any logic / explanation for this?

Don't post "It is yet another anglo-saxon conspiracy" :wink:

wizzy
29th December 2011, 01:09 AM
^it comes under batsman's blind spot..when rules were made cricket was a side-on game :-D

sathya_1979
29th December 2011, 01:43 AM
sidela mirrorlaam vechchu paakka mudiyaadhaa?

Puliyan_Biryani
29th December 2011, 02:35 PM
Sri Lanka have set a target of 450 to SA. Fernando has got Smith (4th innings specialist) with a lovely ball :clap:.

wizzy
29th December 2011, 09:29 PM
Herath :clap: Kalliappa :rotfl:

ajithfederer
29th December 2011, 09:42 PM
Well done Sri Lanka. If SL Manage to win the 3rd test they can knock off 6 points from SA.

PARAMASHIVAN
29th December 2011, 09:51 PM
Zree Lanka ku ivalavu support ah :roll:

P_R
29th December 2011, 09:56 PM
Cook & Co will struggle againts the like of Steyn, So never fear :)
Err..last time England effected an innings defeat with Cook scoring a century :-)

It was one helluva series. One innings win for either side and England manages to draw two thrillers.
If England goes now, their performance will be even better.

P_R
29th December 2011, 09:58 PM
Sangakkara : what a hundred :clap:
He was grinding his way though and then got in flow. Always a pleasure to watch him.
He played those love gentle cuts to third man. Not a cut (like the upar cut) but more like guiding the ball, it almost rolls off the blade.
Why Chandimal? HAPWku get-outA?

PARAMASHIVAN
29th December 2011, 10:59 PM
Err..last time England effected an innings defeat with Cook scoring a century :-)

It was one helluva series. One innings win for either side and England manages to draw two thrillers.
If England goes now, their performance will be even better.

itharku annan Flau bathil Kooruvar :)

BTW, I agree with you about Sanga, he is great on the field and off the field!

mgb
30th December 2011, 08:40 AM
Herath :clap: Kalliappa :rotfl:did he ever get a pair earlier?

P_R
30th December 2011, 08:51 AM
First pair in his career. :shock:
Kaaling :thumbsup:
moonju mEla Fernando bouncer pOttadhula lightA aadi pOyittaan pOla.
Nesst varuvaan paarunga

wizzy
30th December 2011, 10:23 AM
did he ever get a pair earlier?
avgs 30 against SL :shock:

19thmay
30th December 2011, 10:52 AM
wizzy he played only 14 matches..

19thmay
30th December 2011, 10:52 AM
Adutha match-la paarunga...

raajarasigan
30th December 2011, 10:56 AM
Series win for SA at home is history now...

ajithfederer
30th December 2011, 11:02 AM
14 matches is more than enough to make an opinion.

wizzy
30th December 2011, 11:05 AM
neenga Kalliappa fan-a :lol2: I knew he had a abysmal record in Eng but can't fathom this stat...Murali effect?

ajithfederer
30th December 2011, 11:06 AM
Just observing/stating a fact. :)

mgb
30th December 2011, 11:14 AM
wizzy he played only 14 matches..thats a fair share.. even against india, pakistan and newzealand he has played similar number of matches but look at those averages 72, 67, 68

ajithfederer
30th December 2011, 11:18 AM
That's quite a minnow bashing. 2 months earlier Robelinda2 compiled a video on how Kallis can't bat in England. It was very funny.

Plum
30th December 2011, 11:39 AM
Explains why he doesn't command same respect as SRT and Ricky. Even Rahul is spoken of as lesser than him usually but has far stronger record against strong attacks.

P_R
30th December 2011, 11:41 AM

oru nooru match veLayaadunadhukku appuram pEsuvamA?

ajithfederer
30th December 2011, 02:54 PM
Warnie the entertainer. Gilchrist and other fielders having a good time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMsL0s6_aRs&feature=g-u&context=G2380771FUAAAAAAABAA

PARAMASHIVAN
30th December 2011, 03:08 PM
why so much "kolai veri" againts kallis ? :roll: :huh:

Plum
30th December 2011, 03:38 PM
Feeyaar, oru 100 umpiring decisions IndiakedhirA nadandhappuRam pEsuvOmA?

P_R
30th December 2011, 03:43 PM
Say about 5 in favourof veLLaikaaranga and 5 against India in comparable circumstances would do to start.
btw just to be clear on the count, the no-ball yesterday doesn't count if the rule is indeed as stated by puLiyan :lol2:

Plum
30th December 2011, 04:41 PM
Start counting from Dhoni no ball...

19thmay
30th December 2011, 10:34 PM
why so much "kolai veri" againts kallis ? :roll: :huh:

Adhellam pala thadava naan kettuten, no proper response.

P_R
31st December 2011, 05:37 PM
Flau, Greg Baum yaar peththa piLLaiyO enakku theriyaadhu, here's a good article on DRS by him (http://www.theage.com.au/sport/cricket/playing-with-controversy-20111230-1pfk6.html) which you may like (though I don't agree about his "we should wait for perfection" conclusion)

Ball-tracking is equally dubious. It ought not to be forgotten that it is a computer-generated graphic re-imagining the delivery, not replaying it. In a recent incident, ball-tracking and Hot Spot showed the same ball to be pitching in different places. What ball-tracking shows after the ball pitches is sometimes baffling to the instincts of all who have played or watched the game.

Yet in a short time, the DRS has come to be accepted as infallible. This fits a tendency in all walks of life to devolve responsibility, if possible, to inanimate devices.

None of this is to assert that there is no place for the DRS in cricket. But it is to agree with India - to the extent that the world is owed a better explanation than it has been given about the veracity of the DRS technology, and that it needs to be standardised if it is to be fair. I would add that cricket needs to wean itself off an almost infantile dependence. When skilful sportsmen, experienced umpires and impassioned fans are reduced to dwelling on a computer's imperfect guesstimate about whether more or less than half the ball would have hit leg stump, cricket becomes a cartoon.

Plum
31st December 2011, 05:45 PM
Greg Baum - is angling for the cross-culture, great cricket writer mantle left vacant by Peter Roebuck. Remember the Indian newspaper contracts got by Roebuck after his Ponting article in 2008? Baum hasn't been extreme in the past but has shown typical Aussie jingoism on occasion. But ever since Roebuck's demise, one can see a conscious attempt to talk on behalf of India :lol:. Right now, for instance, Mahavishnu has turned to Ted Corbett to fill in for Reobuck. Ted used to be their overseas expert before Roebuck took that over. There are, as always, wheels within wheels. But of all Aussie writers, if I am asked to select one journalist to buy off to represnet India(bcci)'s view, he would be second choice behind Haigh. Haigh is a true-blue Aussie patriot, not easily swayed by Indian money(he is well compensated by Murdoch) so I am ok to settle for Baum :)

P_R
31st December 2011, 06:05 PM
There are, as always, wheels within wheels. idhai siknAture-AvE neenga vachchukkalaam :lol2:

tyfical jingoisamA...hmm...

Ted Corbett used to cover only England, no? Understated sense of humour, but directed a lot against England. Of course, he was prolific during the disastrous Atherton reign (when there was more dependence on him) and they gave him enough material to rib. But, pleasant reading apart he never had anything too insightful to say. Roebuck was much too pro-India for my liking, but invariably had something interesting to say.

Baum - mind-la vachchugaREn...

Plum
31st December 2011, 07:19 PM
Yeah, Ted. It is a sign of changing times that his curtain-raiser for this series is something to the effect of "this is a battle for second place. England are way ahead". That's fine, Ted, but don't you think that is a tad harsh on the eternal chokers from the souther shores of Africa? Or is it?

ajithfederer
2nd January 2012, 09:51 PM
3rd Test of SA vs SL start's right after our first day's Play. Camaannnn SL. Meanwhile, Ingilaandhu is preparing it's first title defense against old foes Pakistan. Another Rakhta charithra waiting to explode starting Jan 17th.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/140800/140811.jpg

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan-v-england-2012/content/series/531615.html

wizzy
2nd January 2012, 10:12 PM
The irony,The tragedy and.. :lol:

ICC Comb XI v England XI at Dubai (GCA)
Jan 7-9, 2012 (10:00 local | 06:00 GMT | 11:30 IST)

ajithfederer
3rd January 2012, 02:12 PM
TM Dilshan*, HDRL Thirimanne, KC Sangakkara, DPMD Jayawardene, TT Samaraweera, AD Mathews, LD Chandimal†, NLTC Perera, HMRKB Herath, UWMBCA Welegedara, KTGD Prasad

Smith, Petersen, HM Amla, JH Kallis, AB de Villiers, JA Rudolph, MV Boucher†, DW Steyn, M Morkel, Imran Tahir, VD Philander

SA 6/0 (2.1 0vers)

http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-africa-v-sri-lanka-2011/engine/current/match/514034.html

ajithfederer
3rd January 2012, 04:40 PM
Inga kindal adichadhu Kallis'kku kettuducha enna?. SA 135/2 @ lunch. Kallis 45 off 37 balls with 8 fours.

P_R
3rd January 2012, 07:36 PM
:lol: @David Lloyd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTpB3bAGrI0&feature=related

19thmay
4th January 2012, 05:58 AM
Inga kindal adichadhu Kallis'kku kettuducha enna?. SA 135/2 @ lunch. Kallis 45 off 37 balls with 8 fours.

How many batsman can bounce back from a pair to 150+ score? Kindal panradhu romba easy.

raajarasigan
4th January 2012, 11:51 AM
against SL thaane? yaar venaalum adikkalam :lol2:

19thmay
4th January 2012, 02:23 PM
SL-ta low average-nu solreenga..century potta SL-ku against-a thaanenu solreenga :lol2:

Btw now 176*

ajithfederer
4th January 2012, 02:26 PM
What do you expect me to say?. He is still a minnow basher. Avan avan oorula ellarumae thandal kaaran than.

How many batsman can bounce back from a pair to 150+ score? Kindal panradhu romba easy.

19thmay
4th January 2012, 02:31 PM
Please check the stat before you say minnow basher

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/45789.html?class=1;home_or_away=2;template=results ;type=allround

All are away matches. Except England check the averages.

What next?

ajithfederer
4th January 2012, 02:45 PM
His avg against Australia is past 40 since the greats have retired. I've seen many Aussie fans ridicule the crap out of him for his inability to play against Warne and fellow quicks Lee and Mcgrath. When in top form against Australia from (1999-07) Kaaliappar onnume adichadhu illa. His overall average during that period (refer this cricinfo piece) is a modest 38 as against his whole average 55. And compare those with the greats like Tendulkar and Lara?. Best players are somebody who consistently play well when your whole team fails. In that case I consider only two people./ . Lara, tendulkar and steve waugh. Even Ponting doesn't make that cut in my books.

Averages 50+ against India, NZ, WI and Pak. Wow some great bowling sides here :lol:

Adhu enna except England. Look at this video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMVDa_ya_f4 and make your own decisions. Even this year SA are touring England. Let's see what he does.

scorpio
4th January 2012, 03:25 PM
:clap: Kallis for the double ton!

Has a very good chance to get triple also or perhaps aim for 400*

Kallis-aa, Clarke-aa, who can breach the 400 mark? Indha maadhiri innoru mokkai bowling attack rendu pErukkumE kidaikkaadhu, come on!

19thmay
4th January 2012, 03:27 PM
Kallis has improved from what he was to what he is now. I agree that he can't be compared to Sachin and I wont do that. But he is someone who can be trusted and he hardly fails when the team is in huge pressure. I am talking more about post 2003-04 Kallis. And how much you are going to give credit for his bowling. Honestly you need to add it along with his batting statistics when we are talking about "Best players". We have to understand this batting stats is along with what he has acheived with the ball.

Btw fantastic 200* :clap:

PARAMASHIVAN
4th January 2012, 04:15 PM
against SL thaane? yaar venaalum adikkalam :lol2:
Nakals :lol2: The Current SA team is better than the current Australian team :lol2:

BTW, both SL and Ind are facing an Innings defeat :lol2:

PARAMASHIVAN
4th January 2012, 05:31 PM
Rajarasigan

This is Kallis's 1st Century againts SL BTW :)

Zree Langa is in for an innings hammering :lol2:

Plum
4th January 2012, 05:52 PM
His bowling is never in the league of Botham, Hadlee, Imran and Kapil, forget Sobers: actually, Sobers' bowling itself is below Imran and Hadlee, possibly Botham I guess. As an all-rounder, I'd take Botham or Imran any day over him, let alone Sobers. All-round skills are a bit smokescreen - he wouldn't make the team on bowling skills alone for most of his career. Not just minnow basher - any bad ball he'll punish. Even if Dale Steyn bowls 5 snorters and the sixth one a loose ball, he'll cash in. This is his strength - we love SRT, BCL, even RTP mainyl because they can make good balls look bad. This is what is lacking in him - what annoys is he willl never miss out on minnows or bad balls

P_R
4th January 2012, 06:22 PM
what annoys is he willl never miss out on minnows or bad balls ennanga idhu? idhukkellAm annoy aaagalaamA.
Rest match-ku indha koalty evvaLO mukkiyam.

P_R
4th January 2012, 06:27 PM
All-round skills are a bit smokescreen - he wouldn't make the team on bowling skills alone for most of his career.
He wouldn't make the SA team perhaps. But he'd make many other teams on his bowling skills.
ippo varEnnu sonnArnA, naama kooda Issshhhanthai cooldrinks vaanga anuppiruvOm.

P_R
4th January 2012, 06:32 PM
Rarely is he exciting to watch but he is highly dependable. All rounder-la Cairns, Afridi paththi ellAm pEsura aLavukku kooda ivarai paththi pEsuradhillai. Which is too much.

wizzy
4th January 2012, 06:59 PM
Plum, to play out 5 snorters from Steyn gun is a skill..before his stress fracture Kallis was nippy and would have made most of the test sides as a strike bowler except OZ/Pak.. as a batsman he doesn't check all the boxes to be ATG :) as a package none like him over last 2 decades.

Plum
4th January 2012, 07:29 PM
Yes, Sobersukkum mElEnnu adi pOdaRAnga. Adhukku dhaan pre-emption. Sobers, Imran, Botham, Kapil. Appuram dhaan these flows. I don't know about Keith Miller - but he is highly respected. Enakku therinju naan sonna order dhaan. I haven't seen Sobers play but it is not hard to even guess his quality from the accounts written of him. Raathri 3 mani varaikkin thanni adichittu kaalaila vandhu century adippaaram. Ippo irukkara velavaasila mudiyumA?

wizzy
4th January 2012, 08:26 PM
Posting this to get over Sydney gloom..have always loled whenever Kallis name props up in ATG discussions..one major
contributor is this article by a Boom Boom fan :rotfl2: it even prompted a debate in popular padosi forum questioning his gender..
Jrod did the honors and nipped it :lol2:

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/3738870-boom-boom-afridi-kiss-to-kallis

Jrod's work of art on the same issue http://cricketwithballs.com/2009/11/23/the-jacques-kallis-question/

Note: Not safe for work/Kallis fan(s)

VinodKumar's
4th January 2012, 09:43 PM
ippo varEnnu sonnArnA, naama kooda Issshhhanthai cooldrinks vaanga anuppiruvOm.

True :rotfl:

ajithfederer
4th January 2012, 09:48 PM
2nd article is too much.

raajarasigan
4th January 2012, 10:00 PM
Kallis - Best All rounder :? might be from the stats he has.. aana remba run adichittaapla.. all rounder'kku thaguthi illai athanala.. :mrgreen:

Plum
4th January 2012, 10:06 PM
Yeah, better than Ishant. Not saying much, isn't it?

19thmay
4th January 2012, 10:52 PM
Plum matter simple, with an impeccable batting average of 56 and 271 wickets in test, I think he is the only one right now. Neenga yen Sobers, Imran range-kellam pOreenga?

Kallis can be a straight, gay or bi or even a woman ( :lol2: ) ... well who cares?

wizzy
4th January 2012, 11:10 PM
AF, yep jrod's was a bit below the belt
19thmay, thats the spirit :thumbsup:

P_R
4th January 2012, 11:22 PM
Flau the Kapil I saw was the wickets 400-434 version :lol2:

The allrounders I have seen in the last 20 yrs are Razzaq, Cairns, Afridi etc.
Kallis is well ahead of them.

Regarding Kapil, Hadlee, Botham - I can only compare numbers. pArthavanga pEsalaam.

Plum
5th January 2012, 12:10 AM
Agarkar? Century at Lord's. Six-fer at Adelaide.

PARAMASHIVAN
5th January 2012, 03:44 PM
Innings Hammering is on offer for both Zree Langa and India :lol2:

P_R
5th January 2012, 03:47 PM
Is this the year of the return of the white man, Philander included?
And they dropped de Lange and are sticking with MorkaLi... enna oru bench strength! namakkaachum loan paNNi irukkalaam.

Plum
5th January 2012, 05:01 PM
England and South Africa together should field 3 teams. Engrica A - primarily English with the obligatory Saffers. Safengland - primarily Saffer with English men who cannot make it to Engrica A, Engrica B - a combo of Saffers who cannot make it to both the above teams plus any leftover Englishmen. All the above teams ca have any combination of Irishmen, Scots, Papua new guineans, Jamaicans, Guyanese etc etc.

P_R
5th January 2012, 05:08 PM
aayiram kaigaL maRaiththaalum...

ajithfederer
5th January 2012, 06:02 PM

One correction though

Engrica A - Primarily Saffers with the obligatory Inglis.

England and South Africa together should field 3 teams. Engrica A - primarily English with the obligatory Saffers. Safengland - primarily Saffer with English men who cannot make it to Engrica A, Engrica B - a combo of Saffers who cannot make it to both the above teams plus any leftover Englishmen. All the above teams ca have any combination of Irishmen, Scots, Papua new guineans, Jamaicans, Guyanese etc etc.

P_R
5th January 2012, 06:07 PM
ovvoru kambEnikku ovvoru HR strategy irukkum.
Indiavukku grassroots based.
England-ku esport koalty based.

wizzy
5th January 2012, 07:24 PM
World'liya namme phast bowlers thaenya weak..as said earlier about time India adopts this sucessful framework and scout for talents using IPL...we can start with disgrunted batsman like Gayle/KP and extend it fast bowlers when our relation with padosis improves..heard that Jimmy Pattinson as a teen was warming up KKR bench and OZ poached a promising bowler from us :(

wizzy
5th January 2012, 08:23 PM
Kalliappa bucket hands :clap:

wizzy
6th January 2012, 06:24 PM
Ajmal bhai unagla thaen nambi erukoam..attested age is 34 :shock:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/international/pakistan/8996923/Pakistan-spinner-Saeed-Ajmal-has-long-awaited-top-secret-delivery-ready-for-Englands-batsmen.html

19thmay
6th January 2012, 06:48 PM
SL lead by 1 run :lol2: SA needs 2 runs to win the series.

19thmay
6th January 2012, 06:49 PM
Kallis picked 3 wickets in this innings + 224 runs :clap:

nvikky
6th January 2012, 11:52 PM
2 runs needed to win, prasad bowls a no-ball and Petersen hits it for 4, why only one run is counted?

wizzy
7th January 2012, 12:47 AM
^no-ball+a run=target...whatever happens after that is irrelevant.. Sehwag was denied a 100 when Ramdiv overstepped for the same reason.

nvikky
7th January 2012, 03:32 AM
^no-ball+a run=target...whatever happens after that is irrelevant.. Sehwag was denied a 100 when Ramdiv overstepped for the same reason.

sehwag was denied a hundred because the match was over the moment no-ball was bowled, in this case, a no-ball would result in level scores. when SA chased 434, they hit a 4 when scores were level, it was considered 438 and not 435 right?

wizzy
7th January 2012, 10:05 AM
^In the 434 match Boucher hit a 4 when the scores were level of a legal delivery and the batsman didn't cross whilst the ball reached the boundary..If Boucher had crossed the non-striker it would have constituted a run resulting in the ball being dead with the target reached and the four wouldn't be credited to him and final tally would have read 435. Hope this explains :)

nvikky
7th January 2012, 09:47 PM
^In the 434 match Boucher hit a 4 when the scores were level of a legal delivery and the batsman didn't cross whilst the ball reached the boundary..If Boucher had crossed the non-striker it would have constituted a run resulting in the ball being dead with the target reached and the four wouldn't be credited to him and final tally would have read 435. Hope this explains :)

perfect!! mikka nandri!!

Puliyan_Biryani
10th January 2012, 10:19 PM
Bresnan ruled out of Test series (http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan-v-england-2012/content/current/story/548697.html)
nenjula yeri midhile, velaa-vula kuthule :redjump:.

Somebody pliss to open a thread for Pak-Eng series. kandippa hit aavum.

wizzy
10th January 2012, 10:39 PM
^with the bout of injuries to pacers looks like Monty Python will get to play :redjump:

nvikky
10th January 2012, 10:46 PM
^with the bout of injuries to pacers looks like Monty Python will get to play :redjump:

will they seek the holy grail?? :)

PARAMASHIVAN
11th January 2012, 08:05 PM
Kallighan and Amalan are miliking the Zree Langans bowlers :rotfl:

Zouth Apreeka top beat Zree Langa again by an Innings, this time in ODI ! :lol2:

littlemaster1982
11th January 2012, 10:04 PM
Somebody pliss to open a thread for Pak-Eng series. kandippa hit aavum.

Please do the honors 8-)

satissh_r
11th January 2012, 11:03 PM
Sri Lanka getting humiliated.. 13/5 now