PDA

View Full Version : What a shame!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

thamiz
6th May 2010, 07:46 PM
:rotfl: And will advocate for hours and hours for indian culture a few years later. :lol2:

I'm not sure u know what "Liberal" or "Conservative" Actually Means....:?

I am saying today's youth in INdia are hypocrites too! :roll:

Indian born confused desies! :lol:

You dont have to look for a good example for that! :lol:

pavalamani pragasam
6th May 2010, 08:01 PM
thamiz! :wink: :lol:
Not only youth, even the middle-aged parents-generation is increasingly becoming hypocrites! :cry: As you rightly pointed out it is all for money!!!

Surya
6th May 2010, 08:17 PM
I was born in Oakland! :rotfl3: but I did do 2-4th grade in B'lore tho. :thumbsup:

I am saying today's youth in India are hypocrites too! :roll:

Are u reffering to this?

Yeah, they are liberal because they want to have sex before marriage.

But after coming to India I've come across so many ppl who advocate against pre-marital sex, but have themselves done it when the Opportunity came. So what are they? Hypocritical Conservatives? Or Just Hypocritical Youth? How do u come to that conclusion? :lol2:

Just goes on to Prove: "Virginity is not dignity, it's just the lack of opportunity!"

But they are conservative too because they wont mind dumping the person with whom they slept with and doing an arranged marriage for satisfying their parents!

Such Contradicting and Confusing Statements! :lol2: :clap:

That's got nothing to do with Conservative or Liberal...that's why I said "I'm not sure u mean what Conservative or Liberal is..."

Who's to say that a Liberal won't dump "The person he is sleeping with", to satisfy his parents. :lol2: :huh:

Or:

Who's to say that a Conservative will Definatly NOT have a Lover before Marriage? :confused2:

Are you saying "True" Conservatives (Whatever in hell that means) don't ever have any Lovers, or any stories of "Failed" Love Stories because of Parent's Consent? :huh:

Or:

Assuming from what you said, Does having a Failed Love Story because of fear of Parent's Discontent mean that ur a Liberal? :lol2:

Next Time, Please Atleast Be Clear in ur Statements! Make up ur mind! :thumbsup: :oops: :lol2:

pavalamani pragasam
6th May 2010, 08:38 PM
Surya, it may sound strange or impossible, but there are still thousands of young girls and boys in my neighbourhood who do not entertain 'love' affairs seriously or playfully- the idea just doesn't occur to them. They repose their faith in their parents to choose their life partner, and no nonsensical idea of 'romancing' in the meantime!!!

Surya
6th May 2010, 08:38 PM
Also, Who advocated Extramarital Affairs? :confused2:

No Doubt another "liberal who wants to have sex before marriage But is conservative too because they wont mind dumping the person with whom they slept with and doing an arranged marriage for satisfying their parents!" :lol2: :wink:

Surya
6th May 2010, 08:42 PM
Surya, it may sound strange or impossible, but there are still thousands of young girls and boys in my neighbourhood who do not entertain 'love' affairs seriously or playfully- the idea just doesn't occur to them. They repose their faith in their parents to choose their life partner, and no nonsensical idea of 'romancing' in the meantime!!!

Good For Them! :2thumbsup: But I was wondering what ppl who advocate against pre-marital sex, but have themselves done it when the Opportunity came, would be.

There are thousands and thousands of those people in India too! And I'm not just talking abt the youth. :roll: What are they? Liberal or Conservative? They sure call themselves Conservative, and in Vetti Discussions always advocate for Celibacy until Marriage.

In that case "Conservative Hypocrates" or Liberal Spies? :P

pavalamani pragasam
6th May 2010, 08:46 PM
'Vetti Discussions always advocate for Celibacy until Marriage'- :sigh2: Why do you want to make the fact a myth? Why are you so cynical? Just why wouldn't you believe that there are thousands of young boys and girls with policy about this matter?

thamiz
6th May 2010, 08:47 PM
There are thousands and thousands of those people in India too! And I'm not just talking abt the youth. :roll: What are they? Liberal or Conservative? They sure call themselves Conservative, and in Vetti Discussions always advocate for Celibacy until Marriage.

Just curious, what ddi your parents advocate you?

Safe sex?

At waht age they gave you the freedom?

Teen or Preteen?

Surya
6th May 2010, 08:56 PM
:? I think u Misunderstood PP Ma'am.

By Vetti Discussions, I meant the many discussions which occur due to abundance of free time, or which never amount to anything.

Like this one. It's a Vetti Discussion for both sides. Because we both have an abundance of time on our hands, and these discussions rarely amount to anything.

Just why wouldn't you believe that there are thousands of young boys and girls with policy about this matter?

I never said that....:? I know there are thousands of ppl who stay virgins until marriage. To say that there aren't any wouldn't make me any better than some other confused hubbers. :notthatway:

That's beside the matter tho... But it is true, and I've seen it SOOOO MANY TIMES, that many ppl stay virgins because they don't have any opportunity. (Not undermining the will of those who really follow it.)

pavalamani pragasam
6th May 2010, 09:01 PM
'But it is true, and I've seen it SOOOO MANY TIMES, that many ppl stay virgins because they don't have any opportunity.' -I strongly object to this statement of yours, Surya! How brilliant you are! Now I really realise it is a 'vetti' activity- arguing with you! I do not indulge in these discussions just as 'vetti' pastime or just because I've nothing better to engae myself with! Understand?

Surya
6th May 2010, 09:02 PM

Just curious, what ddi your parents advocate you?

Safe sex?

At waht age they gave you the freedom?

Teen or Preteen?

Awww....U wanted to say something, so u decided to say something irrelevant rather than clearing up and making up ur mind abt ur opinions. :lol2: :oops:

It's wokay, My parents are against this whole "Sex Before Marraige" thing.

@ What age did i get the freedom to do what? Date? Or Something else? :huh:

Date - When I was 15 Years.

thamiz
6th May 2010, 09:07 PM
It's wokay, My parents are against this whole "Sex Before Marraige" thing..

Really? Thanks for sharing this biit of information HONESTLY! It helps a lot! :D

Surya
6th May 2010, 09:07 PM
'But it is true, and I've seen it SOOOO MANY TIMES, that many ppl stay virgins because they don't have any opportunity.'

-I strongly object to this statement of yours, Surya! How brilliant you are! Now I really realise it is a 'vetti' activity- arguing with you! I do not indulge in these discussions just as 'vetti' pastime or just because I've nothing better to engae myself with! Understand?

WHOA!! Why do ppl always shy away when they hear the truth?? :lol:

Objection is based one what? What is there to be offended abt? :? The latter part of that messege of mine which u quoted also said "Not undermining the will of those who really follow it." This means that there are thousands who also stay virgins because they believe in it, which is infact admirable because it shows the strength of their belief system. :?

Anywayz, I guess it's too hard hitting that sometimes ppl stay virgins because they don't have a choice.....:roll:

Surya
6th May 2010, 09:09 PM

Really? Thanks for sharing this biit of information HONESTLY! It helps a lot! :D

Spoken like a true cadre of the Pre-Judging Morale Police! :thumbsup: 8-) :lol2:

Umm...u still didn't make any sense back there. :oops:

thamiz
6th May 2010, 09:11 PM

Spoken like a true cadre of the Pre-Judging Morale Police! :thumbsup: 8-) :lol2:

Umm...u still didn't make any sense back there. :oops:

You made everything clear to me, though! Good job! :D

Surya
6th May 2010, 09:15 PM
well ain't that nice.... :lol:

Likewise Tamiz...likewise. :D

Sarna
6th May 2010, 09:21 PM
"Virginity is not dignity, it's just the lack of opportunity!"

bitter truth.

pavalamani pragasam
6th May 2010, 09:26 PM
Surya, thanks anyway for your mangnimity about the 'will' which does not undermine your wanton accusation of having no chance! :huh: mukkukku mukku wineshop! 24-hr loud, shameless ads for condom! 24hrs shameless skin show on the small screen! Lenient rules to pursue goals of higher education in this competitive world! Vulgarity everywhere- audio and video! Newly emboldened womankind, aided by favourable laws! Utterly no shackles to keep her at home! you talk about opportunities! I salute the brave young girls and boys who continue to shine with moral dignity and human virtue!

Surya
6th May 2010, 09:46 PM
Surya, thanks anyway for your mangnimity about the 'will' which does not undermine your wanton accusation of having no chance! :huh:

So ur saying that no one stays a virgin because they don't have the opportunity? Any1 who is a virgin is one because of their pure Dynamic Will Power to save themselves until marriage? There are many ppl here espicially guys who APPARENTLY don't support pre-marital sex, but have done it when they got the chance. If they didn't get that chance, then they probably would've still stayed as virgins until their parents found some1 for them. What are they then? Are u going to deny the existance of these type of people. :huh:

///mukkukku mukku wineshop!////

And still at the end of the day, around 9, it's hard to get a few quarters of Rum to celebrate Passing Internal Examinations! :cry: JK! But I agree! Therez too many, that too in many decent "Family" Areas.

///shameless ads for condom!///

India needs that! Look @ Our population! I went for Sura and almost got squished to pulp.

///24hrs shameless skin show on the small screen!///

So this should be stopped? Like Indian channels should practice extream censorship, and foreign channels like HBO, Star Movies, etc etc should be banned?

//Newly emboldened womankind, aided by favourable laws! Utterly no shackles to keep her at home!//

:shock: :o OMG!!!

//you talk about opportunities!///

Yes!! Even with all of this, getting laid consistently with different girls is pretty hard to do. :lol: All jokes aside:

PP Ma'am, do u realize that all the things u mentioned, all of the things which u think are wrong with Indian Society...If all those things were stopped and controlled....we'd be living in a Talibanised Nazi Germany!!

* Extreme Censorship or Press and Media Entertainment!

* Keeping Women In The House with Shackles (Literal or Figurative, It doesn't matter!)

* No More newly Emboldened Women

* No More Condom Commercials, which lead to even more ignorance, and mite even make india go through another population boom.

Surya
6th May 2010, 09:47 PM
"Virginity is not dignity, it's just the lack of opportunity!"

bitter truth.

:cheer: :yes: :exactly: 8-)

pavalamani pragasam
6th May 2010, 09:53 PM
My opinion of discussing this with you is 'vetti' is getting confirmed again. aah woo-nnaa talibanism! ithai thavira enna argument irukku ungakitta? :huh:
Bharathi kaNda kanavukaL enna? avarudaiya puthumai peN yaar? eppadi pattavaL? ozukkam, uyirinum OmbappapadavENdiya ozukkamum suthathiramaana santhOshamaana, prosperous life impossible for you hardcore cynics! Or rather will-less pathetic wastrels!

Surya
6th May 2010, 10:10 PM
:lol: Ma'am! Relax! This Vetti discussion isn't worth getting so emotional over! :notthatway:

aah woo-nnaa talibanism!

Aah woo-na illa! :notthatway:

Only when someone says something like:

"Utterly no shackles to keep her at home!" :lol2:

"Ban Condom Commercials"

Proposal of "Banning non-indian movie channels.

In a nutshell, stop any foreign influence in today's day and age which do not agree with the values held up by a group of people, to preserve a Old (In all fairness, still applicable in some cases) set of values.

What is Talibanism then if not this? And ppl get pissed off when they're branded as the "Morale Police"? :huh:

impossible for you hardcore cynics!

I'm not a Cynic, I'm a realist! :huh: :smokesmirk: :lol2:

In the area that this discussion has turned into....this is the basic Question...Ithukku Oru Answer irundha sollunge! Instead ur just dancing around the bush!! Or atleast don't say anything, I'll take that as "No Established Solution" :lol2:

There are many ppl here espicially guys who APPARENTLY don't support pre-marital sex, but have done it when they got the chance. If they didn't get that chance, then they probably would've still stayed as virgins until their parents found some1 for them. What are they then? Are u going to deny the existance of these type of people. :huh:

AGAIN!! AND I CAN'T SAY THIS ENOUGH!! I'm not denying that thousands of people DO wait until marriage because it's a matter of principal for those people. 8-)

In a nutshell, stop any foreign influence in today's day and age which do not agree with the values held up by a group of people, to preserve a Old (In all fairness, still applicable in some cases) set of values.

BTW: This is Exactly what the Nazis did! :thumbsup: Heil Hitler! :yessir:

sathya_1979
6th May 2010, 10:26 PM
Rule in Politics: Every concession given apparently becomes a right, years down the line.
Rule in Morality: Every negative trait introduced in the name of "Modernity" and "Liberalism" becomes Practicality and Reality, years down the line.
Proverb in Thamizh: நல்லது வருவதற்கு நாழியாகும், கெட்டது சீக்கிரம் வந்து விடும்!

Surya
6th May 2010, 10:41 PM
Rule in Politics: Every concession given apparently becomes a right, years down the line.
Rule in Morality: Every negative trait introduced in the name of "Modernity" and "Liberalism" becomes Practicality and Reality, years down the line.

Why negative? Positive Traits of Modernity don't become a Practicality and Reality years down the line? There've been several Positive Cultural Changes due to Modernity In India Alone....:)

Modernization of a Civilization or Culture will happen either negative or positive. :) That I Agree To. :)

A Country is made up of different minds, and opinions. :D Forcing a group of people to follow a lifestyle which a group wish to follow is just not democratic.

Surya
6th May 2010, 10:51 PM
Forcing a group of people to follow a lifestyle which a group wish to follow is just not democratic. Doing so will also lead to increasing levels of nazification gradually over time as well. :)

First it was Pre-Marital Sex.

Now talks abt problems with Condom Commercials, and Female Empowerment, and Cultural influences of Globalization!

That's the other end of the spectrum! It's like the Titanic. Once the water is let in, it just keeps coming and coming. There is no stopping it. :(

pavalamani pragasam
6th May 2010, 11:07 PM
So, I'm advised that it is the best thing to sit and watch anarchy/mayhem let loose in the name of 'freedom'! And let my world be drowned in an avalanche of imported lifestyles which catch like wildfire in a country of newly opened up avenues of opportunities in all spheres of life? Not wishing for impossible, imbecile conditons in this fast era of communications. Only stressing on safety, steady growth as proud human beings and not revel as beasts wallowing in sensual pleasure. There is a difference- how a human being approaches pleasures and a beast goes after them. No bars to hold is the difference!

It is wisdom to embrace all that is globally being found beneficial for better quality of life. But with level-headed discretion and discrimination and discernment!

Sanjeevi
6th May 2010, 11:26 PM
Which act is correct which is wrong?

The above sentence is the most debatable topic in the world ever and we never end to conclude. So relax. I do things which I think 'correct' to my best of my knowledge and belief. Even a terrorist can think I am doing 'correct', the problem is his brain is overridden by sentiments and forced/provoked feelings and it got washed.

app_engine
6th May 2010, 11:40 PM
Sanjeevi,
The answer is not complicated, actually:-)

How do you certify a 1KG edaikkal that it is indeed 1KG?

Sanjeevi
6th May 2010, 11:46 PM
app :lol:

Good thinking :). But the edaikkal was/is used in old 'balance' and without weight-stones or something how the new weight machines are scaling the weight?

thamiz
6th May 2010, 11:47 PM

The above sentence is the most debatable topic in the world ever and we never end to conclude. So relax. I do things which I think 'correct' to my best of my knowledge and belief.

So you would murder and rape too if you find that reasonable?

Even a terrorist can think I am doing 'correct',

They will be hanged once they are proven guilty. I hope you know that too! It does not matter what terrorist or YOU think!

Surya
6th May 2010, 11:48 PM
I'm advised that it is the best thing to sit and watch anarchy/mayhem let loose in the name of 'freedom'!

So We're Advised that it's the best thing to sit and watch as others tell us how we are allowed to spend the rest of our days in the name of "Culture"??

Only stressing on safety, steady growth as proud human beings and not revel as beasts wallowing in sensual pleasure.

That itself is UR OPINION! I can several people right here in the hub who feel quite the Opposite abt the whole Beast Wallowing Pleasure Comparison!

What makes u think ur ideas are perfect for a different person who is brought up in a different time, in a different environment, with different experiences?? Let me Guess....IT IS A SAFE TESTED PATH?

So the youth of India are doing something that's never been done on the face of the earth?? The Popular lifestyle among Indian Youth today has never been tested or is never safe?

One man for One Woman is the way of Life because.....?? :huh: Beasts have multiple partners, and the number of partners is the only thing that differentiates us from the beasts? Not the fact that we're the most advanced species on the Planet. (Oh...whoever is reading this, can we please not go into "Is Development (Industrialization etc) a good thing or bad.")

Or is it:

Beasts don't excessive restraint in anything, as humans we must because we Can! ?

People who have premarital sex aren't sex beasts who just go around dry humping random people walking on the street!

Can't a relationship be just as intimate and soul warming without the government recognizing it as a Legal Bond?? What's wrong in wishing to find that perfect person, or that perfectly imperfect person who pushes the buttons for you, on your own?

It's so bizzare to even think that someone thinks they have the right to tell you ::

"This is how you will behave, this is how you will be dressed, this is what you will eat, this is what you will drink, this is who you will marry, this is what you will have for the rest of your life, don't like it? Too bad! Deal with it, that's life! Tough Luck Kiddo!

Oh and btw, i almost forgot, This is what you will watch, this is the music you will listen to, these are the books you will read."

Oh For God Sakes Where Does it Stop?? :huh:

And all the things that I've mentioned (the this is what you will's) are not some false or over exaggerated statements. If u look, in each one there will be something which Conservatives feel like needs a change.

Eat, Drink, Wear, Watch, Read, Marry etc.

Sanjeevi
6th May 2010, 11:56 PM

The above sentence is the most debatable topic in the world ever and we never end to conclude. So relax. I do things which I think 'correct' to my best of my knowledge and belief.

They will be hanged once they are proven guilty. I hope you know that too! It does not matter what terrorist or YOU think!

I said knowledge is important and my knowledge is 'Murder and rape are wrong/crimes'. Probably we can conclude on higher level things like Murder, theft, rape but the real debate exists in small small matters. Even if you come to death sentence, a remarkable amount of countries banned death sentence.

Surya
6th May 2010, 11:56 PM

The above sentence is the most debatable topic in the world ever and we never end to conclude. So relax. I do things which I think 'correct' to my best of my knowledge and belief. Even a terrorist can think I am doing 'correct', the problem is his brain is overridden by sentiments and forced/provoked feelings and it got washed.

It is a Tough One! :) But, the safe border seems to be "If ur not hurting or causing harm to another, it's okay."

A Terrorist isn't Correct, because he's killing other people.

Where as Live In Relationships/Pre-marital sex is okay as long as it's consensual. :huh:

Sanjeevi
7th May 2010, 12:00 AM

It is a Tough One! :) But, the safe border seems to be "If ur not hurting or causing harm to another, it's okay."

:exactly:

A Terrorist isn't Correct, because he's killing other people.

I don't said he is correct :)

Where as Live In Relationships/Pre-marital sex is okay as long as it's consensual. :huh:

debatable :lol: but I can somewhat agree :)

app_engine
7th May 2010, 12:03 AM

Does it not hurt any resultant child (plus aborted fetus lives) as these are denied their basic rights?

Surya
7th May 2010, 12:04 AM
I don't said he is correct :)

I know :), I just chose to use that example too, because it's just an obvious one. :)

thamiz
7th May 2010, 12:05 AM

I said knowledge is important and my knowledge is 'Murder and rape are wrong/crimes'. Probably we can conclude on higher level things like Murder, theft, rape but the real debate exists in small small matters. Even if you come to death sentence, a remarkable amount of countries banned death sentence.

It NOT about how badly you are punished.

It is a question of WRONG and that it is CRIME you committed.

That should be ENOUGH!

So dont go on say, right and wrong are all debatable!

Sanjeevi
7th May 2010, 12:08 AM

Does it not hurt any resultant child (plus aborted fetus lives) as these are denied their basic rights?

That is 'mentality' only and hope time will change many things.

Athukkaga oruthar nalla vazhurathu innorutharukku valikkuthunaa - ingellam intha 'hurt' basis rejected

thamiz
7th May 2010, 12:10 AM
If a mom is a "whore" it affects her children or NOT?

If one's parents are "swingers" it affects the innocent child born to them, right?

Some innocent person is getting affected for your actions! So dont go on say that I can live anyway I want! That is kind of NONSENSE! Get that in your head!

Surya
7th May 2010, 12:12 AM

Resultant Child is not nearly in proportion to Live In Relationships or Premarital Sex.

But how can we use this for this argument, when the same can be used for Divorces as well? What's the case with the Resultant Child in a Failed marriage??

app_engine
7th May 2010, 12:13 AM
thamizh,
Like I said earlier, if one is subscribing to evolution as the origin of life, there's nothing called right and wrong universally - it's a question of individual choice / decision (for example, is it good to jump of a cliff or not :) )

OTOH, if one accepts there's a creator / maker, the whole thing goes opposite. That there's a supreme one, who forms laws and principles and humans ones better follow them for their benefits. (It's quite interesting to see that only humans have the "freedom of choice" on many things such as taste etc but especially on moral matters, while other creatures are mostly pre-programmed with instinct)

Surya
7th May 2010, 12:15 AM

If one's parents are "swingers" it affects the innocent child born to them, right?

Some innocent person is getting affected for your actions!

So I'm a Whore and A Swinger? :?

:rotfl2: Ennale Mudiyala! The Flawed Logic's Gotta Stop!! :lol:

thamiz
7th May 2010, 12:16 AM

Surya! Cut the crap and get the POINT!

app_engine
7th May 2010, 12:18 AM
Sanjeevi / Surya,

By "hurt" I mean the same as murder (abortion is nothing but murder) - not the social stigma associated with illegitimate children.

Also, if a child is born out of wedlock and the parents choose to go their separate ways, there's hardly anything the child gets from them and state has to care for them.

thamiz
7th May 2010, 12:19 AM
thamizh,
Like I said earlier, if one is subscribing to evolution as the origin of life, there's nothing called right and wrong universally - it's a question of individual choice / decision (for example, is it good to jump of a cliff or not :) )

OTOH, if one accepts there's a creator / maker, the whole thing goes opposite. That there's a supreme one, who forms laws and principles and humans ones better follow them for their benefits. (It's quite interesting to see that only humans have the "freedom of choice" on many things such as taste etc but especially on moral matters, while other creatures are mostly pre-programmed with instinct)

a-e: If one beleives evolution, then they should not have any morals or arbitrary rules or what?

WHY NOT?

Sanjeevi
7th May 2010, 12:21 AM

Eenga, solamon pappaiyah pozhappa keduthu vittuduveenga pOla irukkE

OK

Oru varthaiyil pathil solluga (sari / thavaru)

1) pre-martial sex
2) love marriage
3) Reservations for ladies
4) Reservations for dalits
5) Exams for students
6) Using humans to test new medicines
7) Using humans to test new animals
8) Human eating animals/fish/birds
9) Making roads and building by removing trees and erasing forests
10) oru pichaikaaranukku kasu pottutu innoru pichai karanai kandukkama porathu
11) ippadi vettithanamana kelvikku vettithanam pathil sollurathu

app_engine
7th May 2010, 12:21 AM
Well, per evolution (which according to me is outrageously foolish theory and not science), nobody need to render account to any one supreme - it's all genetic game / survival of the fittest etc.

So, rules / morals etc are a question of choice.

Surya
7th May 2010, 12:22 AM

Surya! Cut the crap and get the POINT!

:lol: It's flawed! :twisted: There is no Point! This is like some wierd Sexual Butterfly Effect! If I sleep with my gf tonight, some kid in Neverland is getting molested by Michael Jackson????

It's a bit of a reach IMO. :)

thamiz
7th May 2010, 12:23 AM
I was not TALKING about YOU! Remove yourself from the discussion! And approach the issue, please!

Surya
7th May 2010, 12:26 AM
Sanjeevi / Surya,

By "hurt" I mean the same as murder (abortion is nothing but murder) - not the social stigma associated with illegitimate children.

Also, if a child is born out of wedlock and the parents choose to go their separate ways, there's hardly anything the child gets from them and state has to care for them.

If that's the only problem, aren't there plenty of laws that can be created to fix it, or make the separation better? :)

I Mean, do u think that in Yesterday's India (say...the eighties) the amount of orphans were all because of Conception out of wedlock? I'm actually curious... I'm not making a point there.

Surya
7th May 2010, 12:31 AM
As for Abortion, I don't think we should be discussing about abortion when argueing abt liberalism or Conservatism. Abortion is an issue on it's own. Marriages or not. Are we a liberal or conservative society doesn't seem to matter, many from both have different Opinions, because lots of things come into play here. :)

So discussing aborted fetuses and if it's right or wrong from a "liberal live in relationship : pros and cons" point of view doesn't make much sense.

I think...i might have made sense. :P

app_engine
7th May 2010, 12:38 AM
Well, Surya, I was just giving example that this too has affected parties (though not exactly like murder / rape / terrorism).

IMO, the most affected parties are the couple themselves (per my belief in a creator and associated convictions) but that's out of topic for the hub :-)

Surya
7th May 2010, 12:38 AM

Eenga, solamon pappaiyah pozhappa keduthu vittuduveenga pOla irukkE

OK

Oru varthaiyil pathil solluga (sari / thavaru)

1) pre-martial sex
2) love marriage
3) Reservations for ladies
4) Reservations for dalits
5) Exams for students
6) Using humans to test new medicines
7) Using humans to test new animals
8) Human eating animals/fish/birds
9) Making roads and building by removing trees and erasing forests
10) ippadi vettithanamana kelvikku vettithanam pathil sollurathu

:lol: :lol:

Surya
7th May 2010, 12:43 AM
Well, Surya, I was just giving example that this too has affected parties (though not exactly like murder / rape / terrorism).

IMO, the most affected parties are the couple themselves (per my belief in a creator and associated convictions)

I agree. :)

But y is it out of this hub? Can't we discuss God vs Evolution?

thamiz
7th May 2010, 12:46 AM
Well, per evolution (which according to me is outrageously foolish theory and not science), nobody need to render account to any one supreme - it's all genetic game / survival of the fittest etc.

I believe in evolution rather than a supreme. But I dont believe that there should not be any morals or arbitrary rules!

I dont think morals are "hand-written" by a supreme and handed over to us! I dont think we need to "use" the evolution to justify "incest" today! We live and learn! We dont try to change the history but we dont want to screw up the future generations in the name of whatever!

Sanjeevi
7th May 2010, 12:48 AM
nalla velai, 'debate' konjam route mariduchu :lol:

app_engine
7th May 2010, 12:49 AM
God v/s evolution, yes (not in this thread, in the appropriate thread...there's another)

What I meant was about specific religious convictions / for & against. It's very difficult to discuss moral yes / no's without that, at least not for me :-)

For example, if we get into the route that there's a creator and like physical laws (g=9.8) he sets the moral laws too, the next question will be who is he and where are his rules :-)

Surya
7th May 2010, 12:49 AM

I believe in evolution rather than a supreme. But I dont believe that there should not be any morals or arbitrary rules!

I dont think morals are "hand-written" by a supreme and handed over to us! I dont think we need to "use" the evolution to justify "incest" today! We live and learn! We dont try to change the history but we dont want to screw up the future generations in the name of whatever!

The Basis of Evolution:: Things Change With Time To Suit The New Environment! Things Are Constantly Changing, and as Times Change, People Change, Societies Change, and Ideas Change.

U Believe in Genetic Evolution, but not Social and Cultural Evolution?

thamiz
7th May 2010, 12:55 AM
The Basis of Evolution:: Things Change With Time To Suit The New Environment! Things Are Constantly Changing, and as Times Change, People Change, Societies Change, and Ideas Change.

Cultural evolution is that one which suggests you NOT to marry your cousin anymore! That is why that does not happen anymore!

What are you trying to say?

Surya
7th May 2010, 12:55 AM
God v/s evolution, yes (not in this thread, in the appropriate thread...there's another)

What I meant was about specific religious convictions / for & against. It's very difficult to discuss moral yes / no's without that, at least not for me :-)

For example, if we get into the route that there's a creator and like physical laws (g=9.8) he sets the moral laws too, the next question will be who is he and where are his rules :-)

:yes: That's an ongoing discussion, which i don't think the Human Race will Live to see the Answer Of! :P Very Few Things are Universally Defined....everything has a different perspective for everybody...

thamiz
7th May 2010, 12:58 AM
This discussion is going somewhere and I dont know where! I am off! :D

Sanjeevi
7th May 2010, 01:00 AM
This discussion is going somewhere and I dont know where! I am off! :D

Adhu ! (in Ajith style)

Surya
7th May 2010, 01:02 AM

Cultural evolution is that one which suggests you NOT to marry your cousin anymore! That is why that does not happen anymore!

That's not something that we changed on....Science told us to change on that one.

I'm talking about....Drastic Change.....The Practice of The Caste System. Changed with Cultural Evolution. No Science or Existing Record told us to change. It was a Realization....

And Hopefully True Pursuit Of Happiness and The Freedom Of Speech without the fear of being persecuted with brooms and slippers, will one day become a reality. :)

So What are the Conservatives' Views on some Muslim Practices like Multiple Wives? It's Consensual. It's Traditional for a Muslim Indian. What are your views on them. Just out of Curiosity. Tamiz, I'm Expecting an answer, please don't Abscond again. :thumbsup:

littlemaster1982
7th May 2010, 01:05 AM
Surya :thumbsup:

thamiz
7th May 2010, 01:09 AM

That's not something that we changed on....Science told us to change on that one.

Yeah, SCIENCE told us, NOT the SUPREME!

Surya
7th May 2010, 01:10 AM
Surya :thumbsup:

:)

Surya
7th May 2010, 01:12 AM

Yeah, SCIENCE told us, NOT the SUPREME!

What are you talking about Tamiz? I never said there is a supreme. The Supreme wasn't the Point There!

thamiz
7th May 2010, 01:13 AM
I'm talking about....Drastic Change.....The Practice of The Caste System. Changed with Cultural Evolution. No Science or Existing Record told us to change. It was a Realization....

You cant separate science and culture! Scientific inventions and consequences were changing the govt policies and there by culture!

So What are the Conservatives' Views on some Muslim Practices like Multiple Wives? It's Consensual. It's Traditional for a Muslim Indian. What are your views on them. Just out of Curiosity. Tamiz, I'm Expecting an answer, please don't Abscond again. :thumbsup:

You are instigating here by bringing up a religion whuich you dont belong too. You could easily avoid this!

Surya
7th May 2010, 01:24 AM
You cant separate science and culture! Scientific inventions and consequences were changing the govt policies and there by culture!

BINGO!!! So you could say that...Culture goes where Scientific Inventions go...am I right? Culture is Susceptible to Change through Scientific Innovations. So what are you opposing then? With the Technology that we have now, do you really think the same set of rules which once applied 500 Years Ago, In India, will still Apply with all the Developments, and So much more possibilities? As Humans aren't we prone to be more Curious? Don't you think you cannot come up with any practical reason to oppose these things (Keep in mind, all that u have said is tainted as all of it has been judged on pre-established moral codes), because they suit TODAY's WORLD! These things weren't there in India back then because it was a different Time! It was a different world. The world is changing, how can everything somehow remain the same?

And Please don't talk about the whores and Swingers! Lets talk about normal people. Not the kind you find in prison after a wave of Brothel Raids.

Surya
7th May 2010, 01:27 AM
You are instigating here by bringing up a religion whuich you dont belong too. You could easily avoid this!

I had no intention to insult anyone or anyone's sentiments. I don't know if you've noticed, but I Don't SWING that way anymore. :roll:

But just give me an answer, if you have one that is. There isn't anything Offending that I will ever say... are you scared that what you say might make you sound offensive? :wink:

Surya
7th May 2010, 01:42 AM
Vazhakam Pola, Kelvikku seriyaana badhil theriyalana Escape! :lol:

Seri, naanum thoongarean. :wave: :D

thamiz
7th May 2010, 01:53 AM
Honestly this discussion is sort of boring for me! I could not even get involved- not able to read your questions! :D

pavalamani pragasam
7th May 2010, 08:42 AM

Resultant Child is not nearly in proportion to Live In Relationships or Premarital Sex.

But how can we use this for this argument, when the same can be used for Divorces as well? What's the case with the Resultant Child in a Failed marriage??

Boy, who is advocating divorce here? :x Execept in rare extreme instances divorce is another maldy of the global impact that has come to unsettle the minds of our youth carried away by 'consensual' concept! Failed marriages? How do they fail? And why? Again the children victimised by the wanton egoes of 2 self-centred persons. Thousands who assemble to witness a marriage bless the couple for successful marriage and nobody condones 'failed marriages'. Prove yourself at the home front first before setting out to show your prowess to the world!

pavalamani pragasam
7th May 2010, 08:43 AM
Honestly this discussion is sort of boring for me! I could not even get involved- not able to read your questions! :D

sevidan kaathula sangoothuRa maathiri ithu oru vetti discussion! :lol:

pavalamani pragasam
7th May 2010, 08:48 AM
As for Abortion, I don't think we should be discussing about abortion when argueing abt liberalism or Conservatism. Abortion is an issue on it's own. Marriages or not. Are we a liberal or conservative society doesn't seem to matter, many from both have different Opinions, because lots of things come into play here. :)

So discussing aborted fetuses and if it's right or wrong from a "liberal live in relationship : pros and cons" point of view doesn't make much sense.

I think...i might have made sense. :P

What you say makes no sense whatever! They are interrelated aspects of life! Grow up, boy!

pavalamani pragasam
7th May 2010, 08:50 AM

:2thumbsup:

pavalamani pragasam
7th May 2010, 08:58 AM

And Hopefully True Pursuit Of Happiness and The Freedom Of Speech without the fear of being persecuted with brooms and slippers, will one day become a reality. :)

You are going at a tangent! Why drag irrelevant topics? We are not discussing or being judgemental( :huh: ) about another religion's set of practices. It is up to that sect to face the music. At least they managed legal sanction for their peculiar practices! And rarely do they come out of their ring to disturb the patterns of other lives.

pavalamani pragasam
7th May 2010, 09:05 AM

BINGO!!! So you could say that...Culture goes where Scientific Inventions go...am I right? Culture is Susceptible to Change through Scientific Innovations. So what are you opposing then? With the Technology that we have now, do you really think the same set of rules which once applied 500 Years Ago, In India, will still Apply with all the Developments, and So much more possibilities? As Humans aren't we prone to be more Curious? Don't you think you cannot come up with any practical reason to oppose these things (Keep in mind, all that u have said is tainted as all of it has been judged on pre-established moral codes), because they suit TODAY's WORLD! These things weren't there in India back then because it was a different Time! It was a different world. The world is changing, how can everything somehow remain the same?

And Please don't talk about the whores and Swingers! Lets talk about normal people. Not the kind you find in prison after a wave of Brothel Raids.

What possibilities are you talking about? Humans prone to be curious!!! Resulting in school age pregnancy, freakish fashions like wife-swapping and what not are you not curious about? As humans you are equipped with a sixth sense called intelligence which helps you to discern the beastliness and humanness of your acts. In all your 'curious' acts are lurking the whores and swingers!!!! :shock:

Sarna
7th May 2010, 09:35 AM

then Cigerate smoking should banned. Smoke veliyida koodiya edhuvaa irundhaalum adha ban pannanum.... since smoke harms others....
AC, Fridge naala ozone layer'la otta'nu solraanga( proven theory'yaanu theriyaadhu :roll: ) .... oruvela proven theory'yaa irundhaa AC, fridge'a kooda ban pannanum... saridhaana ?

aduththavaukku prachchana varaadha varaikkum naama panradhellaam sari'nu oru velakkenna theory. velangum :wave:

joe
7th May 2010, 12:23 PM
''ஆக, உங்கள் கருத்தில் இப்போது இன்னும் அழுத்தமாக இருக் கிறீர்கள்...''

''என் கருத்துன்னு எதைச் சொல்ல வர்றீங்க? 'கல்யாணத்துக்கு முன்னாடி பெண்கள் செக்ஸ் வெச்சுக்குறது தப்பில்லை'ன்னு நான் சொன்னதா இப்பவும் பலர் நினைச்சுட்டு இருக்காங்க. ஆனா, நான் அப்படிச் சொல்லலை. 'பெண்கள் ஒருவேளை திருமணத்துக்கு முன் செக்ஸ் வெச்சுக்க வேண்டி வந்தா, தக்க பாதுகாப்பு முறைகளைக் கையாளணும்!'னுதான் நான் சொன்னேன். ஆனா, அதைத் தங்களுக்கு வசதியான விதத்தில் திருத்திப் பரப்பிக்கிட்டாங்க, சில லோக்கல் அரசியல்வாதிகள். 'அதெல்லாம் தமிழ்ப் பெண்கள் திருமணத்துக்கு முன்னாடி செக்ஸ்வெச்சுக்க மாட்டாங்க'ன்னும் சிலர் குரல் கொடுக்கலாம். அப்படிச் சொன்னா, நம்ம கண்ணை நாமே இறுக்கமா மூடிட்டு இருக்கோம்னு அர்த்தம். இந்தியா எய்ட்ஸ் கேபிட்டல் ஆகுற நாள் தூரத்தில் இல்லை. எய்ட்ஸ் பாதிக்கப்பட்ட பெண்ணை மிக மோசமா ஒதுக்கிவைக்கும் சமூகம் நம் சமூகம். அங்கேதானே எய்ட்ஸ் பாதிக்காமல் இருப்பதற்கான விழிப்பு உணர்ச்சியை ஏற்படுத்தணும். 'அப்படில்லாம் பண்ணாதே'னு சொன்னா, நான் கேக்க மாட்டேன். தொடர்ந்து பண்ணிட்டுதான் இருப்பேன்!''

- குஷ்பு

Surya
7th May 2010, 12:42 PM
:lol: PP Ma'am ur so much Fun! :D

Boy, who is advocating divorce here?

NO ONE!! :huh: Did I say anyone was? :lol2: The point was the same procedures (As the fate of a resultant child would be in a failed marriage) can be used! That's the point I was trying to make, that's why I said
do u think that in Yesterday's India (say...the eighties) the amount of orphans were all because of Conception out of wedlock? I'm actually curious... I'm not making a point there.
:thumbsup:

Thousands who assemble to witness a marriage bless the couple for successful marriage and nobody condones 'failed marriages'.

never said anyone did. :?

Failed marriages? How do they fail? And why? Again the children victimised by the wanton egoes of 2 self-centred persons.

:lol:

First it was Pre-Marital Sex.

Now talks abt problems with Condom Commercials, and Female Empowerment, and Cultural influences of Globalization! (Add Divorce To The List!! :lol: :lol:

Yes!! How dare there be such an option as divorce which empowers ppl to have a life rather than being stuck in a rut with a person u don't love!! :evil: How dare u take ur own decisions!!! LISTEN TO THE ALMIGHTY MORALE ELITE!!! Live the rest of ur life with a person u don't love or in some cases even like, because it's the Morale thing to do according to our culture which promotes higher quality of LIFE! :thumbsup: :lol2:

sevidan kaathula sangoothuRa maathiri ithu oru vetti discussion!

That feeling is mutual! :lol: that's why I called it a vetti discussion to being with. But if I remember correctly, somebody got so very pissed off :lol2: Because enna sonnalum, there's no way I can perticipate in this discussion as long as u've been into the whole "Higher Quality Of Life" Extravaganza!

What you say makes no sense whatever! They are interrelated aspects of life!

Enna idhu, chinna pulla thanama-le irukku! :roll:

Abortion and Pre-Marital sex are inter-related, but not when discussing the Morality of Premarital sex ALONE! If Abortion is MURDER, and not Morale, then the same can be said for Married couple who want to Abort as well!!

Abortion is a Discussion on its own, the morality of ABORTION remains the same regardless of the legal bond of the couple involved!

u think that in Yesterday's India (say...the eighties) the amount of orphans were all because of Conception out of wedlock? Including Fetuses Formed due to Extramarital Affairs which no one here advocates just to be clear. :lol2:

Grow up, boy!

By blindly following the conservatives of ur generation just so that they may get an ego boost because it makes them feel like they have a say in the lives of today's youth? No thanks then, I'd rather be a Little Boy who lives life on his own terms, makes money, gets laid with hot girls and settles down when he finds the right one! :thumbsup:

(Not talking abt parents just to be sure, they've got all the rights to "QUESTION".....ellathaiyum repetedly explain panna vendirukku illaina katha aaramichuduvaange. :oops: :lol2:

We are not discussing or being judgemental( :huh:?! ) about another religion's set of practices. It is up to that sect to face the music.

But I thought the activities of individuals mattered in a Society. :? :huh: Isn't that what u said? The HIGHER QUALITY OF LIFE (Oruthanukku Oruthi Concept), which i presume isn't just a code for Hindus, but for HUMANKIND, since we're talking abt the quality of life in general, isn't applicable for people of the Islamic Faith because??? :huh: It's not in their belief system? :huh: their belief system is different? :huh: But in that case, the belief system of several youth is also different, maybe not on the basis of religion, but the difference still exists. R u saying that This Universal Code is only applicable to Hindu/Xtian Boys and Girls? :huh:

And I'm going at a Tangent? :lol:

You are going at a tangent! Why drag irrelevant topics?

What you say makes no sense whatever! They are interrelated aspects of Society right? :huh: Grow up Girl! :mrgreen:

At least they managed legal sanction for their peculiar practices! :lol:

Pre-Marital Sex is also Legally Sanctioned! :lol2: It ain't illegal. Just because something is on the "Culture Nazi" List doesn't make it illegal by Law! The most that can be said is "NO CULTURE FO U! as in Seinfeld's Soup Nazi! :thumbsup: :lol2:

Resulting in school age pregnancy, freakish fashions like wife-swapping and what not are you not curious about?

Kaamedy Pannadheenge! :lol:
Evalo Vaati Solradhu?? :x Why is it that only this portion of a free society taken to be it's representative? :? Talk abt normal people, normal live in relationships, Pre-Marital sex doesn't just talk abt Sexual relations between School Students!! :banghead:

In that same logic, it's like me saying "U wanna follow Indian Culture? For What? To Follow the Centuries of Oppression and Human Rights Violation?? Resulting in the burning of widows???" :notthatway: :x Get the Drift? :wink:

Am I accidentally Typing in Cantonese or something? :lol2: :oops:

Oh My Sweet Babies Krishna and Jesus! :roll: So many Holes....... in Arguement....Massive Tear....... is....... Imminent! :lol2:

As humans you are equipped with a sixth sense called intelligence which helps you to discern the beastliness and humanness of your acts.

U think PMS is beast like.. That's ur opinion which u are entitled too. just don't try to shove it in the mouths of another. This is a free Country the last time I checked! :thumbsup: To me, "Beastlike" is forcing someone to accept a lifestyle they don't want, and forcing them live it. :huh:

In all your 'curious' acts are lurking the whores and swingers!!!!

Yes! :rotfl: On The DOT! :lol: Whores never existed in Indian Society all this while. Suddenly Aliens came to India and with the wave of a Magic Wand, The Indian Whores were Born! :2thumbsup:

And Curiosity only refers to the newly mutated Whores, and notthing else? :lol2:

That itself is UR OPINION! I can several people right here in the hub who feel quite the Opposite abt the whole Beast Wallowing Pleasure Comparison!

What makes u think ur ideas are perfect for a different person who is brought up in a different time, in a different environment, with different experiences?? Let me Guess....IT IS A SAFE TESTED PATH?

So the youth of India are doing something that's never been done on the face of the earth?? The Popular lifestyle among Indian Youth today has never been tested or is never safe?

One man for One Woman is the way of Life because.....?? Huh?! Beasts have multiple partners, and the number of partners is the only thing that differentiates us from the beasts? Not the fact that we're the most advanced species on the Planet. (Oh...whoever is reading this, can we please not go into "Is Development (Industrialization etc) a good thing or bad.")

Or is it:

Beasts don't excessive restraint in anything, as humans we must because we Can! ?

People who have premarital sex aren't sex beasts who just go around dry humping random people walking on the street!

Can't a relationship be just as intimate and soul warming without the government recognizing it as a Legal Bond?? What's wrong in wishing to find that perfect person, or that perfectly imperfect person who pushes the buttons for you, on your own?

Modhalle idhukkellam oru Convincing Badhil Sollunge! Adhe vittutu "Newly Mutated Whores" and "Swingers" Lottu Loskunu! :lol2:

Tension aagi katharudhu Unmai Aagadhu....8-)

Surya
7th May 2010, 12:47 PM

then Cigerate smoking should banned. Smoke veliyida koodiya edhuvaa irundhaalum adha ban pannanum.... since smoke harms others....
AC, Fridge naala ozone layer'la otta'nu solraanga( proven theory'yaanu theriyaadhu :roll: ) .... oruvela proven theory'yaa irundhaa AC, fridge'a kooda ban pannanum... saridhaana ?

aduththavaukku prachchana varaadha varaikkum naama panradhellaam sari'nu oru velakkenna theory. velangum :wave:

It is "theoretically" banned to smoke in public places, adhe yaarum enforce pannalaina enna seiya? :huh:

AC, Fridge, Global Warming, ithellam very serious issues, and something must be done, but we Don't have a solution yet, people are working on it tho, so we're forced to deal with the status quo. AC Illame vaalamudiyuma? Adhuvum Chennaila? :lol: :) Once alternative Fuels etc are are found, ithukku oru solution varrum... but sexual Preference and choice is something thats different from the O-Zone. :)

Surya
7th May 2010, 12:54 PM
''ஆக, உங்கள் கருத்தில் இப்போது இன்னும் அழுத்தமாக இருக் கிறீர்கள்...''

- குஷ்பு

Sabash!!! :clap: Don't change ur stand just because a buncha "Morally Awesome" Individuals storm into ur office with Brooms and Slippers. 8-)

pavalamani pragasam
7th May 2010, 01:31 PM
:omg: So long for me to realise I'm banging my head against a wall! The futility and foolishness of the act is enough to cry shame on me! :oops:

Surya
7th May 2010, 05:49 PM
:lol: Whatever Works!! :2thumbsup:

Lambretta
9th May 2010, 12:16 PM
:roll: :P

raagadevan
9th May 2010, 05:22 PM
"Khap (caste) panchayat: signs of desperation?"

http://beta.thehindu.com/opinion/lead/article424506.ece?homepage=true

http://beta.thehindu.com/opinion/Readers-Editor/article409862.ece

We wouldn't call this "Talibanization" because this is happening in India!!

pavalamani pragasam
9th May 2010, 08:05 PM
:cry:

Surya
10th May 2010, 05:43 PM
"Khap (caste) panchayat: signs of desperation?"

http://beta.thehindu.com/opinion/lead/article424506.ece?homepage=true

http://beta.thehindu.com/opinion/Readers-Editor/article409862.ece

We wouldn't call this "Talibanization" because this is happening in India!!

The number of cases in which the totally unconstitutional caste panchayats have openly defied the law of the land by issuing illegal diktats has increased manifold. Attacks on young couples, Dalits and progressive-minded people have become frequent.

:banghead: and we're in 2010!

joe
14th May 2010, 01:08 PM
மதக் கலவரம் நடத்த ரூ.60 லட்சம் 'பீஸ்'-முத்தலிக்கை அம்பலப்படுத்திய தெஹல்கா!
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/news/2010/05/14/pramod-muthalik-sriram-sene-violence-tv-sting.html

joe
14th May 2010, 01:29 PM
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/Story/97235/Top%20Stories/'Sri+Ram+Sene+ready+to+riot+for+money'+.html#comme nt

Sanjeevi
14th May 2010, 01:52 PM
athennamao pothuvagavE matha katchi thaivargal ellam arai vekkadukalagavE iukkanunga

Narashima
14th May 2010, 03:55 PM
Our so called 'Indian Moral and Culture'

Jai Bharatha matha :banghead:

India's Orissa state in boyfriend sex video warning
By Sandeep Sahu
BBC News, Bhubaneswar

The campaign will warn women against rushing into physical relationships
Authorities in India's Orissa state are issuing warnings after incidents where footage of women in bed with their boyfriends was sold as sex videos.

Officials are launching a campaign to warn young women about the dangers of rushing into a physical relationship.

It follows several cases of women being secretly filmed by their boyfriends naked or having sex.

Reports say one woman attempted suicide after footage of her ended up being sold as pornographic material.

Most such videos are sold in markets or shared on the internet.

"It is a serious concern and we need to act fast," chairperson of the Orissa State Women's Commission Jyoti Panigrahi told the BBC, adding that the campaign is targeted at college students.

Non-governmental organisations working on women's issues will also be involved in the campaign.

Ms Panigrahi said parents needed to monitor the movements of their daughters and keep an eye on their activities and friends.

Suicide attempt

One 22-year-old woman from Kamkshanagar in Dhenkanal district attempted suicide and is being treated in hospital, after footage of her was sold. Police say that a similar case involving another couple was reported around the same time.

Police have raided shops selling video CDs and seized hundreds of CDs of the two women.

Lawyers in Kamakshanagar have held a protest rally demanding the immediate arrest of the "boyfriends" involved.

"There is also an urgent need to amend the law to give stringent punishment in such cases," activist Anuradha Mohanty told the BBC.

The state campaign comes after a student in Cuttack city committed suicide when her boyfriend sold CDs of their physical encounters.

URL :http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/8680237.stm

raagadevan
15th May 2010, 09:44 AM
And how easily are we branded as moral police/brigade! :argh: Isn't there a difference between the so-called moral police and the genuinely concerned elders? :banghead:
thamiz, amma arasiyalukku varappORaanga, London-la holiday mudinji thirumbinathum announcement to the press! Soniajikku oru kai kooduthu Kushboojiyaala!!! :huh: naan eppadi bayappadaama vaayai thiRakka mudiyum? :lol:

If it is true, then it seems like it is not the "hindu Gods" who saved Kushboo, it could very well be a "italian catholic" with a "political deal signed" for saving her "neck"! :lol2:
Kushboo joins DMK:
http://www.hindu.com/2010/05/15/stories/2010051562330100.htm

Looks like it was not the "hindu Gods" or the "italian catholic" with a "political deal signed" that saved Kushboo's "neck"!!!

raagadevan
15th May 2010, 08:19 PM
Deoband fatwa: "It's illegal for women to work, support family"

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Deoband-fatwa-Its-illegal-for-women-to-work-support-family/articleshow/5919153.cms

"Stop meddling in our lives and stick to praying"

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Stop-meddling-in-our-lives-and-stick-to-praying/articleshow/5919177.cms

ajaybaskar
15th May 2010, 09:04 PM
Danish Kaneria arrested on spot fixing charges.

thamiz
16th May 2010, 12:45 AM
If it is true, then it seems like it is not the "hindu Gods" who saved Kushboo, it could very well be a "italian catholic" with a "political deal signed" for saving her "neck"! :lol2:
Kushboo joins DMK:

Looks like it was not the "hindu Gods" or the "italian catholic" with a "political deal signed" that saved Kushboo's "neck"!!!

That's interesting! :lol:

raagadevan
16th May 2010, 01:58 AM
Kushboo joins DMK:

That's interesting! :lol:

thamiz: I did not write "If it is true, then it seems like it is not the "hindu Gods" who saved Kushboo, it could very well be a "italian catholic" with a "political deal signed" for saving her "neck"! :lol2:"

I was only quoting you :)

app_engine
16th May 2010, 09:09 PM
Thamizh woman named Devi Silvia throws her child and herself into hudson river in NY :

http://gothamist.com/2010/05/15/da_woman_threw_child_into_hudson_ri.php

Stiglitz
16th May 2010, 09:22 PM
Thamizh woman named Devi Silvia throws her child and herself into hudson river in NY :

http://gothamist.com/2010/05/15/da_woman_threw_child_into_hudson_ri.php

Devi Silvia "said she was sad and lonely and angry at her husband, she made clear that she threw her baby into the freezing river in order to get back at her husband."..... ...... ...... .......

A judge agreed that Silvia should be held without bail and ordered that she undergo a psych exam and stay away from her daughter.

:shock: I feel bad for the baby.... she is going to grow up knowing that Her Mother whos in Prison taking Psychiatric Therapy, threw her into the Freezing Hudson River when she was a baby.... :( Think of the Psychological Effects it could have on her. :(

app_engine
17th May 2010, 06:08 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2010/05/14/2010-05-14_manhattan_mom_who_tossed_baby_into_hudson_river _ordered_to_stay_away_from_child_.html

One thing I always admired in this country is the dedication of the police force in doing their best in 911 situations! :clap:

app_engine
17th May 2010, 09:42 AM
Usually, in such a startling case like this (woman throwing child into Hudson river in Manhattan is kind of earth shattering in U.S.), they'll immediately scoop up a lot of background information.

In this case, however, though it's well-reported (WSJ, NYT etc carried reports), there's still no info on the whereabouts of the husband. The woman supposedly attempted this ghastly incident to warn / seek attention / redressal etc from husband (claims that he neglected them by traveling around / leaving her lonely etc) and still there's absolutely no info on the husband.

Surprising!

Sanjeevi
17th May 2010, 11:33 AM
I always respect and wonder the laws of USA. They are the best?

pavalamani pragasam
17th May 2010, 08:40 PM
A thought-provoking article:

http://www.incubation360.com/rational-thoughts/34-rational-thoughts/288-being-a-woman-a-joy-or-curse

Stiglitz
17th May 2010, 08:43 PM
"Maoist rebels have attacked a bus in central India and killed at least 20 people, including civilians and police officers, according to officials."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8687317.stm

Commies can only be suppressed with Boots Bats and Bullets!! There are a couple things to be learned from The Fuerher Of The Reich! :P

Directions To Supress An Unwanted, Widely Unpopular Criminal Psuedo Revolution.

Administer with Repitition : Brutal, Agonizing Ruthless and Crippling Blows To The Enemy Until He Seizes To Move and Put and End To This Oriental Deviation of Bolshevism In Great Hindustan! :twisted:

Sanjeevi
17th May 2010, 11:10 PM
http://www.ndtv.com/news/india/naxals-blow-up-bus-near-dantewada-33-killed-26123.php

What the central govt is thinking about Naxals? :huh: Pa.Chi :hammer:

Stiglitz
18th May 2010, 12:58 AM
Recent attacks:

The Naxals had on April 6 carried out their deadliest attack killing 76 security personnel in Mukrana forests of Dantewada district.

On May 8, seven CRPF jawans were killed when Naxals blew up a bullet-proof vehicle in Bijapur district.

The Maoists also killed six villagers, including a sarpanch, near Teregaon in Rajnandgaon district yesterday and threw their bodies outside the villages.

The Congress condemned Monday's incident saying the strictest action must be taken against the Naxals.

They were saying this to Pakistan before, now Maoists....

I have a question: What is the Indian Army being used for? I know that we have High Numbers in the Army, but are most of them busy near Kashmir and the Pak Border?

Can't the Govt just launch a series of attacks using Indian Special Forces or something in Chatisgar first, and then go one by one? IMO The Indian Army is Completely underused, and there is PLENTY of room for Improvement. In an earlier Maoist Attack an Army General said that the Soldiers weren't trained to fight this way..... :?

This Is The Nation's Army!!! :banghead: They're supposed to be a LETHAL FIGHTING MACHINE which'll delivery Death where ever it GOES! :roll: Soldiers are supposed to be "The Toughest, Cruelest, Most Unforgiving Bastards in God's Cruel Kingdom!"

For God's Sake! Hitler made the German Army go from a mere 100,000 to Millions in a Span of just 5 Years, and also Conquered where ever he choosed for the beggining and middle of WWII!! (France, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Austria, and some Territories of the Soviet Union!) In all Fairness, he had all of Germany under his spell, and millions of Germans joined just to fullfil Hitler's vision of Germany...But Still!

With India's Potential, the Indian Army could be perfected.

Ithule naraiya interest kaamchaley, Pak'll start quieting down. Increase recruitment, funding, and implement some of the Training Routines from other Great Armies in the world like The US Army.

The US Armed Forces have several Divisions of Specially Trained Ground Combat.

Marines
Rangers
Marshals
Seals

etc etc.

Any such divisions in the Indian Armed Forces?

sathya_1979
18th May 2010, 07:20 PM
Yes we have MARCOS, Garuda, Mountain Warfare Team (Best in the world) etc etc. Quite a number of special forces. As you rightly pointed out they are grossly under used.
Shall we start a thread for defence related discussions and analysis?

Stiglitz
18th May 2010, 07:31 PM
Yes we have MARCOS, Garuda, Mountain Warfare Team (Best in the world) etc etc. Quite a number of special forces. As you rightly pointed out they are grossly under used.

I was thinking of the same thing. :) Please do us the honor. :wink: :)

sathya_1979
18th May 2010, 07:55 PM

I was thinking of the same thing. :) Please do us the honor. :wink: :)
Done :D
http://tfmpage.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=2128681#2128681

app_engine
18th May 2010, 08:29 PM
For God's Sake! Hitler made the German Army go from a mere 100,000 to Millions in a Span of just 5 Years, and also Conquered where ever he choosed for the beggining and middle of WWII!! (France, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Austria, and some Territories of the Soviet Union!) In all Fairness, he had all of Germany under his spell, and millions of Germans joined just to fullfil Hitler's vision of Germany...But Still!

What happened to his conquests in the end?

Where is/are he / his followers / ideologies?

And do you want Indian gov to imitate him and destroy millions of lives?

Doesn't sound logical...

sathya_1979
18th May 2010, 08:31 PM

What happened to his conquests in the end?

Where is/are he / his followers / ideologies?

And do you want Indian gov to imitate him and destroy millions of lives?

Doesn't sound logical...
This is a 2-part information. First part is increasing the strength and second part is the greed to conquer the world. I presume Stiglitz advocated only the first part. When you have lots of thieves, rogues and robbers in your area, it would be wise to fortify your home.

Stiglitz
18th May 2010, 08:43 PM
Sathya,

Exactly! :clap:

App_Engine,

If Hitler has only conquered the areas which were robbed from Germany by the Victors of the First World War, and other Areas which had a large German Population, it'd would've been Fine!

When Hitler marched into Austria, the Allies didn't Declare war. When Hitler Took over the Sudatenland portion of Chech, the allies didn't declare war.

It was after he invaded Poland. Which is unnecessary!

If nazies did exactly what they did, but didn't go Land Hungry, and anti-semetic to the point of exterminating a race, i think Germany would be Freaggin Awesome under them. 8-) But thats not possible, but that's what I was reffering to there.

* Make the Indian Army and Army to Fear. Indian Army = Nightmares which seem so real and cause Chronic Insomnia. 8-) That's desperatly needed now IMO.

Pak romba vaal atudhu, and China just keeps occupying Indian Territories. :huh: What must we do?

sathya_1979
18th May 2010, 08:46 PM
Indian army is already capable enough to drive out Pak out of POK and establish peace in Kashmir. But, as I mentioned, do we have the leaders with strong will and commitment to do that?

Stiglitz
18th May 2010, 11:15 PM
Indian army is already capable enough to drive out Pak out of POK and establish peace in Kashmir. But, as I mentioned, do we have the leaders with strong will and commitment to do that?

Definatley Don't! :cry2:

podalangai
19th May 2010, 12:23 AM
Indian army is already capable enough to drive out Pak out of POK and establish peace in Kashmir.
Driving Pak out of POK will not necessarily establish peace in Kashmir. I'm not convinced the people of POK will joyously accept Indian rule, for one.

And there's also the question of what China will do if we go to war with Pakistan. They're hardly likely to remain perfectly neutral in fact, even if they remain neutral on paper.

podalangai
19th May 2010, 12:29 AM
Can't the Govt just launch a series of attacks using Indian Special Forces or something in Chatisgar first, and then go one by one? IMO The Indian Army is Completely underused, and there is PLENTY of room for Improvement. In an earlier Maoist Attack an Army General said that the Soldiers weren't trained to fight this way..... :?

This Is The Nation's Army!!! :banghead: They're supposed to be a LETHAL FIGHTING MACHINE which'll delivery Death where ever it GOES! :roll: Soldiers are supposed to be "The Toughest, Cruelest, Most Unforgiving Bastards in God's Cruel Kingdom!"

I think you misunderstand the general's point. The 'jungle' in which the Maoists operate is quite heavily populated by Gonds and other Adivasis. A full-scale operation of the sort you're talking about won't be able to distinguish them from the Maoists. It will kill thousands of innocent Indian citizens and render lakhs homeless. That is what the General was talking about when he said Indian soldiers aren't trained to fight this way.

sathya_1979
19th May 2010, 11:28 AM
Indian army is already capable enough to drive out Pak out of POK and establish peace in Kashmir.
Driving Pak out of POK will not necessarily establish peace in Kashmir. I'm not convinced the people of POK will joyously accept Indian rule, for one.

And there's also the question of what China will do if we go to war with Pakistan. They're hardly likely to remain perfectly neutral in fact, even if they remain neutral on paper.
Even the Hyderabad as a State wanted to remain independent / join Pak (IIRC). Didn't Sardar Patel brought them to their knees? We need intelligent and strong leaders. China will surely try and encroach us if we go at war vs Pak. So, India is already building a network in Far East to counter Chinese Footprints alongside Malacca Strait which is supplying 80% of Chinese Oil Requirements. If we choke them there, we can make China suffocate. Alliance with Japan, Taiwan etc would be a wise option.

sathya_1979
19th May 2010, 11:31 AM

I think you misunderstand the general's point. The 'jungle' in which the Maoists operate is quite heavily populated by Gonds and other Adivasis. A full-scale operation of the sort you're talking about won't be able to distinguish them from the Maoists. It will kill thousands of innocent Indian citizens and render lakhs homeless. That is what the General was talking about when he said Indian soldiers aren't trained to fight this way.
Valid concern and very true. But, there should be a way to counter the naxals. I read a news around 1 - 1.5 years back. A bandit in one of the northern state was killed after 3-4 days of intense fight. He was fighting 300-400 policemen! 1 Vs 400 :shock: Reason - He was hiding among the villagers and using them as shield. Naxals are employing same strategy. So, flush out option can be ruled out. We need to formulate a different strategy to neutralize this threat.

Stiglitz
19th May 2010, 02:08 PM

That's why before these things happen, we must improve the Power of the Indian Army first. Increase Numbers, Weapons, Alter War/Fighting Ethics. Whatever Necessary. If India invades Pak or Drives out the Pakies from POK now, it'd be a lot harder to handle the repercussions. No Doubt! It shouldn't be done now with the current state that the Indian Armed Forces.

That is what the General was talking about when he said Indian soldiers aren't trained to fight this way.

Thanks for the Clarification. :oops: I thought he was talking abt Guerrilla Warfare in General. :oops:

China will surely try and encroach us if we go at war vs Pak. So, India is already building a network in Far East to counter Chinese Footprints alongside Malacca Strait which is supplying 80% of Chinese Oil Requirements. If we choke them there, we can make China suffocate. Alliance with Japan, Taiwan etc would be a wise option.

:o :D

Stiglitz
19th May 2010, 02:09 PM
He was hiding among the villagers and using them as shield. Naxals are employing same strategy. So, flush out option can be ruled out. We need to formulate a different strategy to neutralize this threat.

How big is the Civilian Population in that area?

podalangai
19th May 2010, 07:38 PM
Even the Hyderabad as a State wanted to remain independent / join Pak (IIRC). Didn't Sardar Patel brought them to their knees? We need intelligent and strong leaders.

With Hyderabad, the population was overwhelmingly in favour of joining India - there was a strong local movement in favour of accession to India led by popular leaders Swami Ramanand Thirtha. The Nizam unleashed a reign of terror using Qasim Razvi's Razakars to suppress this. So Sardar Patel was pushing at an open door - he knew and expected that Indian forces would be welcomed as liberators by the local residents, and that is what happened.

Things are different in POK. People there don't feel particularly loyal to India, and they will not necessarily welcome the Indian army as liberators. That's the difference really.

China will surely try and encroach us if we go at war vs Pak. So, India is already building a network in Far East to counter Chinese Footprints alongside Malacca Strait which is supplying 80% of Chinese Oil Requirements. If we choke them there, we can make China suffocate. Alliance with Japan, Taiwan etc would be a wise option.

Hmm. I'm not sure. I agree that India needs to be a bit more sensible about dealing with China's growing influence, but I don't think the government is actually doing anything about this. China's military technology and capabilities are now light years ahead of ours. As, for that matter, is their projection of their "soft" power - they have the sort of network of allies around the developing world that we dreamed of in the 50s and 60s, but never managed to achieve. It's not going to be easy to counter that. But I've spoken my mind often enough on this forum about India's foreign policy, and I don't think I should repeat myself.

podalangai
19th May 2010, 07:52 PM
How big is the Civilian Population in that area?
It varies. In Dantewada district, for example, they control around 40% of the district's area - I believe there're around 2 lakh people in the Naxalite-controlled areas. In Bastar, the figure is at least 50% higher and possibly even double that.

Benny Lava
19th May 2010, 08:04 PM
I have a question: What is the Indian Army being used for? I know that we have High Numbers in the Army, but are most of them busy near Kashmir and the Pak Border?

Don't we remember the horrible massacre unleashed by Maoist during the last ambush? Nearly 70 trained units were killed when Maoist gorillas ambushed the troupe on their way back.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8604256.stm

I think that is when our wonderful home minister declared "the buck stops with the chief minister" :banghead:

Stiglitz
19th May 2010, 08:31 PM
Reg POK:

Hmmm...Basically, India just isn't equipped to handle the concequences of "Massive Deployment of Indian Troops into Kashmir and just push back the Pak forces into Pakistan, Claim our Territory, because that's what we're after. If people don't want India, they can leave. The border is right there. We'll handle what you throw at us and more."

But that doesn't sound bad at all... How come we don't strive for that sort of Power? No one's had that Vision in the Indian Govts so far? Or is it, as usual Corruption Cripples the Development more than any fault in Vision.

Are there any X Prime Ministers who concentrated on the military?

As, for that matter, is their projection of their "soft" power - they have the sort of network of allies around the developing world that we dreamed of in the 50s and 60s, but never managed to achieve.

Yes. America will intervene for sure... America and China are too defendant on each other Economically. Why were we not able to achieve our dreams from the fifties and sixties? Did we not follow up with consistent effort?

Reg Maoists:

YIKES! :shaking: So the best option is Subtle Army Operations where there is a pirticular target... Large Scale Operations r too Strong.

podalangai
19th May 2010, 09:21 PM
But that doesn't sound bad at all... How come we don't strive for that sort of Power? No one's had that Vision in the Indian Govts so far? Or is it, as usual Corruption Cripples the Development more than any fault in Vision.

It's a bit of both, I think.

YIKES! :shaking: So the best option is Subtle Army Operations where there is a pirticular target... Large Scale Operations r too Strong.

Yes, absolutely. But we'll need to fundamentally rethink the relationship between Adivasis and the State if we want to have any chance of ending the Naxalite rebellion. It's not a coincidence that the Maoists are strongest in Adivasi areas. Successive central and state governments have been nothing short of cruel to adivasis. To give just one example, adivasis are only around 8% of the population of India, but a massive 55% of people displaced by government projects are Adivasis. Resettlement packages tend to be far worse for Adivasis because they usually have no legal title to the land where they dwell, and they're subject to a lot of harassment by local officials, especially because huge chunks of Adivasi areas have been declared national forests. All this is going to have to change - until Adivasis can expect the same type of treatment from the government that well-connected upper middle class people get, the root causes of the Maoist insurgency won't die.

Kambar_Kannagi
20th May 2010, 06:39 PM
US Police :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo91XS5pVj8&feature=popular

Stiglitz
20th May 2010, 07:25 PM
Those comments were quite Interesting. :) Still waitin for the Video to load. :x

Stiglitz
20th May 2010, 07:39 PM
US Police :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo91XS5pVj8&feature=popular

Whoa!! Holy Crap! :shock: Anyone know what happened to this guy?

What was his name again?

Stiglitz
20th May 2010, 08:35 PM
In all fairness, this guy was a bit Obnoxious... :roll:

Why not just calmly answer their questions? Sure it looks like a Police State when just the Audio is Playing with a unpleasant scene as the Wallpaper of the Screen, and condescendingly pointing in a direction. There isn't any video, we don't know what they looked like. Was there something in their appearance which made them suspects?

Not Race and Skin Tone!! :notthatway: Maybe their clothing? The Condition of their Vehical? :roll: Terrorism isn't the only reason people are arrested on the Border. Drug Dealers, Illegal Arms Dealers, Illegal Immigrants, etc etc. :huh:

And the Officer does say: "I'm not calling u a terrorist! We arrest Drug Dealers on the border." and again later: "Sure u say that to me now...but what if we let you through and you go drop off drugs in your friend's warehouse?" :? :lol:

So I don't think they were suspected of being terrorists necessarily.

The Officer also says that 3 Terrorists are caught at the Border a Day. I highly doubt this, and the officer was probably just trying to show his dominance in the situation by saying that in the Tone which he did... :lol2:

But the treatment that this guy recieved is Shameful! It shouldn't be that way in a Free Country... What the Hell??? It's morally wrong to treat people this way when they're just in the first stages of an investigation (Which is what makes the video seem a bit outrageous.) even if the involved Civilian was an Awkward Emotional Ginormous Olympic Douchbag... :notthatway:

But then I've got a bit of a Dillema... As an unaware American Civilian in this Sensitive Issue....I'm not usually Innocent and Optimistic. All I know is another attack on American Soil is Unacceptable... And what ever The American Security Services have been doing, morally right or wrong, has kept America safe after September 11th, 2001, while all of the other Allies like Britain, Spain, Germany, et all have been victims to Terror from the same Criminals.

So what now? Risk It? Or just be rude and offending, but if you just cooperate for a few mins, you're a free man, unless you are guilty, or the Universe has targeted you for one Lousy Prank! :twisted:

I've lived in America since I can remember, and I've never been targeted by Law Enforcement due to my Skin Tone! I've been pulled over, given tickets etc, but I deserved them. Never felt like I was a victim of Racial Abuse! :notthatway: :D

app_engine
20th May 2010, 09:32 PM
I've lived in America since I can remember, and I've never been targeted by Law Enforcement due to my Skin Tone!

Same experience for the last 7 years.

Even when we had to wait at the border entry post (travelling from Toronto to Detroit by road and my son's earlier passport was missing the lastname ; I had to prove to a higher official -boss of the one on desk who verifies tha passport- with his birth certificate etc), the treatment was very dignified!

Sure it was not "pleasant" to sit for 30 minutes in a "military-office-like-setting" with wife and child and uniformed people going about their duties, but I recognized that the unpleasantness was only my paronoia :-)

While the border one was a "scary" incident, I've had tons of very pleasant incidents with authorities here :-)

Compare that with my various "waitings and treatments" in gov offices in India over the years! Except for a few rare occasions it was always stressful. (A good experience was with the passport officer at Trichy who gave a personal appointment to hear my case and issued ECNR without the degree certificate - the university had a nonsense procedure of "applying and getting it" even though you've completed the course; I never bothered to do that those days like many others who joined the campus-interview-job. Applied for it after 10 years and the ECNR incident was kind of a trigger).

Sanjeevi
21st May 2010, 12:07 AM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/news/2010/05/20/maoist-naxalites-hijack-ammonium-nitrate.html

:banghead:

app_engine
21st May 2010, 07:34 PM
http://www.dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=568305&disdate=5/21/2010

"வேலை" நாளிலேயே வெட்டி அடிப்பாங்க, இவங்களுக்கு இப்படியெல்லாம் லீவு வேற.

Shameful waste of public money!

(வேறு ஒரு இணையதளம் சொல்லுகிறது முதல் அமைச்சருக்குப்பாராட்டு விழா நடத்துவதற்காகவே இந்த லீவு என்று.

If true, that's even more disgusting. )

podalangai
22nd May 2010, 03:47 PM
A saddening article from the ToI about the increase in men demanding paternity tests because they don't trust their wives:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/City/Mumbai/Whose-baby-is-it-More-dads-seeking-DNA-tests/articleshow/5955886.cms

The number of paternity tests conducted at the FSL's Kalina and Nagpur labs has been so huge that the FSL is now planning to also introduce the facility at its Amravati, Aurangabad, Pune and Nashik centres. Invariably, the father suspects infidelity. Manoj Tandon (name changed), 34, landed up at a Mahim hospital seeking psychiatric help. Tandon spent sleepless nights wondering if his one-year-old son was actually his neighbour's. He would incessantly compare his son's mannerisms with that of his neighbour's. Tandon's doubts were further fuelled by his mother, who also suspected the child was born out of wedlock. A DNA test revealed the suspicions were unfounded.

Hundreds of paranoid husbands like Manoj are queuing up outside laboratories with questions about the child's parentage. Experts say that when spouses stay apart due to professional commitments, the doubts increase.

The article also suggests that suspicions of infidelity are often a symptom of psychosis. Either way, I wonder what's behind the seeming increase in the number of suspicious husbands.

raagadevan
23rd May 2010, 01:33 AM
[tscii:27543cf9a5]An endless fight against manual scavenging

http://www.hindu.com/2010/05/23/stories/2010052355790900.htm

"Each morning a group of Dalit women step outside their homes to 'fulfill their social role' of cleaning dry latrines with their brooms and bare hands. They then carry human excrement in pots and baskets on their heads.Braving the worst possible form of caste oppression, these women lead unhygienic lives -- devoid of dignity and rights -- for wages as low as Rs.15 a month".

"I was not used to doing this work before I was married but my mother-in-law forced me. I don't blame her; it was the only way we could feed our families. We were told that our ancestors did this and this was the only work we could do as Dalits,” says Kusum, who left scavenging ten months ago to work as a sweeper."

“Every day after dumping the waste I used to go back to the same houses to collect stale food and beg for money. I worked every single day for over 40 years, even during rains which caused the basket's contents to seep out and cover me in filth".

"Cleaning dry toilets and manually removing human waste is a violation of human rights and dignity and was prohibited over 17 years ago. The Employment of Manual Scavengers and Construction of Dry Latrines (Prohibition) Act, 1993, lays down a jail term of up to one year or fine of Rs.2,000. However, there were no prosecutions until 2005 when 21 people were convicted in Haryana. But they got bail the next day".

"A petition in the Supreme Court in 2003 forced the State Governments to act in 2007. Though administrations will deny manual scavenging, municipalities and the Railways are the biggest employers. Indian Railways responded to one of our PILs saying they would take over 30-40 years for the transition and promised to ‘consider' the court order. The tracks have to be cleaned manually since coaches have the ‘open discharge' system, and most stations are not equipped with concretised platforms allowing waste to be washed away with jets of water".

"Most scavengers have respiratory problems, asthma, tuberculosis and jaundice. To escape the sight and smell, many male scavengers take drugs and alcohol and eventually succumb to diseases... They cannot tolerate the smell and sights ,and drugs or liquor are their form of escape from reality until the next round when they will go on and start cleaning.”

Many countries have laws that would send people to jail for treating animals in a cruel manner. We are talking about our fellow human beings!

This is the year 2010, and India is slowly transitioning itself from third world status to becoming a member of the G-12 group. We have already sent an unmanned space mission to the Moon, and are planning a mission to Mars in the not too distant future!

What a shame!!![/tscii:27543cf9a5]

sathya_1979
23rd May 2010, 06:54 PM
:banghead: vallarasu India :rotfl:

Lambretta
25th May 2010, 03:58 PM
A saddening article from the ToI about the increase in men demanding paternity tests because they don't trust their wives:

The article also suggests that suspicions of infidelity are often a symptom of psychosis. Either way, I wonder what's behind the seeming increase in the number of suspicious husbands.

Hmm......looks like too many of them have read "The Scarlet Letter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scarlet_Letter)"! :| :oops:

NOV
25th May 2010, 04:05 PM
How sickening :banghead:

14-year olds rape thier classmate and molest many others. Gangsterism rife in this school.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/5/25/starprobe/6332643&sec=starprobe

all involved are tamil boys. emulating tamil mass movie heroes?

Stiglitz
25th May 2010, 04:08 PM
Tamil Mass Heroes don't usually rape tho...:? wierd crap...14 yr olds raping... When I was 14 I had just started taking interest in girls... :? it was also about the same time I started hubbing. :P

NOV
25th May 2010, 04:12 PM
I was talking about looking up to gangsterism and power over others. Easy to move to sexual power.
BTW, one mass hero did rape a woman who said no to his request for marriage. :P

Sarna
25th May 2010, 04:33 PM

14-year olds rape thier classmate and molest many others. Gangsterism rife in this school.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/5/25/starprobe/6332643&sec=starprobe

When Sarimah reported the matter to the school, she said a teacher told her to move elsewhere if she could not take the torment.

adding that he gave photographs of the students to the school management but no action had been taken.

superb school and their management and the goverment also need to be applauded :bow: :bow: :bow:

app_engine
26th May 2010, 01:51 AM
Rusika case - former DGP sentence increased from 6 months to 18 months as per this report (http://www.dinamani.com/edition/story.aspx?SectionName=India&artid=247098&SectionID=130&MainSectionID=130&SEO=&Title=%E0%AE%87%E0%AE%B3%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A A%E0%AF%86%E0%AE%A3%E0%AF%8D%20%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%81% E0%AE%9A%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%BE%20%E0%AE%AE%E0 %AE%BE%E0%AE%A9%E0%AE%AA%E0%AE%99%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%9 5%20%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%B4%E0%AE%95%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95% E0%AF%81:%20%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A9%E0%AF%8D%E 0%AE%A9%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%B3%E0%AF%8D%20%E0%AE%9F%E0% AE%BF.%E0%AE%9C%E0%AE%BF.%E0%AE%AA%E0%AE%BF.%E2%80 %8B%20%E0%AE%B0%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8 B%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%95%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0% AF%81%2018%20%E0%AE%AE%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%A4%20%E0%AE% 9A%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%B1%E0%AF%88)

r2tchasi
26th May 2010, 07:03 AM

When Sarimah reported the matter to the school, she said a teacher told her to move elsewhere if she could not take the torment.

adding that he gave photographs of the students to the school management but no action had been taken.

superb school and their management and the goverment also need to be applauded :bow: :bow: :bow:
It took the courageous school mates of the victim to report these hooligans. Shame on the adults!

NOV
26th May 2010, 07:54 AM
Just as I thought...

According to those interviewed, the bullies idolised actors renowned for violent roles in movies and often recited the famous lines uttered by their heroes.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/5/26/starprobe/6340877&sec=starprobe

r2tchasi
26th May 2010, 08:18 AM
*sigh*

Roshan
26th May 2010, 06:58 PM

What the hell ! Even the above link has reported as if it is just an ordinary pick-pocket case. This guys have to be masscred. I simply dont understand how such things can happen that too in countries like Malaysia. Disgusting to the core.

Stiglitz
26th May 2010, 09:46 PM

What the hell ! Even the above link has reported as if it is just an ordinary pick-pocket case. This guys have to be masscred. I simply dont understand how such things can happen that too in countries like Malaysia. Disgusting to the core.

This is why is very important for parents to have a good, friendly rapport with their kids more than being an authoritarian or even worse, a parent who thinks it's cool to let their kids to whatever they want. :( A friend has more influence on a kid than an authoritarian parent will...

Lambretta
28th May 2010, 07:52 AM
This is why is very important for parents to have a good, friendly rapport with their kids more than being an authoritarian or even worse, a parent who thinks it's cool to let their kids to whatever they want. :( A friend has more influence on a kid than an authoritarian parent will...
:exactly: I once knew this Anglo-Indian gent in Vizag who had a son of about my age. He was against parents being too strict w/ their kids.....said they r more likely to do wrong in that case. 'said he gave his son total freedom to do whatever 'nonsense' he wanted, but in front of him, rather than secretly "known only to his friends and hiding it from me"! :roll:

And one fine day, turns out that his son got involved w/ sum girl he used to work with at his call-centre, unknown to both their parents (!), and she got pregnant, so they had to arrange an 'emergency' marriage! :roll:

So, both extremes r unadvisable. My parents have been better in this regard! :thumbsup:

NOV
28th May 2010, 07:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPiEPLPpnSA&feature=email

Lambretta
28th May 2010, 11:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPiEPLPpnSA&feature=email
:shock: Now this is a real shame!! Malaysia, truly Asia?! :evil: :x

app_engine
29th May 2010, 01:41 AM
http://www.dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=569834&disdate=5/28/2010

This is outrageous :-(

A girl who got >80% in SSLC commits suicide because she could not get state 1st rank!

The whole exam-mark-rank system that puts unnecessary stress on "by-hearting and measuring the whole school-life performance within a few hours" has to be thrown away :-(

I know how much pressure we went through for the ejjAms during SSLC & HSC.

Here my son is finishing his 12th this week and has absolutely no worries on exams as his score is measured thru-out the year and graded. No last minute tension / pressure.

Something has to be done about this madness :-(

joe
29th May 2010, 11:43 PM
http://neo-periyarist.blogspot.com/2010/05/dash.html

pavalamani pragasam
30th May 2010, 07:49 AM
:sigh2: What a language! The unlimited, unedited licence of internet!

Sanjeevi
30th May 2010, 01:48 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/news/2010/05/30/diverted-vips-flights-almost-ran-out-fuel.html

:banghead:

pavalamani pragasam
30th May 2010, 03:55 PM
விவிவிஐபிக்களுக்காக நம்ம ஊருல ரோட்டுல மக்கள் மணிக்கணக்காய் வெந்து நொந்து நூலாவதுதான் நமக்கு தெரியும்- இப்போ வானத்துக்கும் நெருக்கடி பரவிவிட்டது 'நல்ல முன்னேற்றம்'!!!
சமீபத்தில் ஒரு திருமணத்திற்கு சென்னை சென்றிருந்த போது இப்படி நெருக்கடியில் மாட்டிக்கொண்டு பக்கத்தில் நின்ற ஆட்டோ விட்ட புகையால் வந்த தொண்டைப் புண் என்னை ஒரு வாரம் படாத பாடு படுத்திவிட்டது!

app_engine
31st May 2010, 08:00 PM
Outrageously lethargic, corrupt and wicked machinery :

http://www.dinamalar.com/News_Detail.asp?Id=10046

A case gets registered on an ex-minister in 1996. Charge sheet got filed in 2003. Case gets dismissed in 2010.

Great testimony for TN gov machinery!

இப்படி இருந்தால், தப்புப்பண்ணறதுக்கு எவன் பயப்படுவான்?

Sanjeevi
31st May 2010, 10:22 PM
Outrageously lethargic, corrupt and wicked machinery :

http://www.dinamalar.com/News_Detail.asp?Id=10046

A case gets registered on an ex-minister in 1996. Charge sheet got filed in 2003. Case gets dismissed in 2010.

Great testimony for TN gov machinery!

இப்படி இருந்தால், தப்புப்பண்ணறதுக்கு எவன் பயப்படுவான்?

wait, after some days Kalaignar TV will announce "Ku Pa Krishnan met Mu Ka and Joined in DMK" :lol2:

app_engine
1st June 2010, 08:46 PM
http://www.dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=570680&disdate=6/1/2010

How the escape of criminals through the legal process is possible (as per CBI)

app_engine
1st June 2010, 08:49 PM
http://www.dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=570665&disdate=6/1/2010

:shock:

Lambretta
1st June 2010, 10:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ_dodqXNJM&NR=1

:shock: :evil: :oops:

'dont have words to express! Chah! :banghead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_wvvsgFc_U&NR=1

Dinesh84
2nd June 2010, 11:44 AM
http://www.dinamalar.com/News_Detail.asp?Id=11313 :x :(

raagadevan
4th June 2010, 09:54 PM
"This is not zero tolerance, Mr. Prime Minister"

http://beta.thehindu.com/opinion/lead/article445820.ece?homepage=true

app_engine
4th June 2010, 10:06 PM

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely :-(

app_engine
6th June 2010, 08:02 PM
http://www.dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=571787&disdate=6/6/2010

What's happening in Indian air space? Of late, lot of news reports involving near-misses.

Or, is it the aftermath of Mangalore accident - that media has more focus on this aspect?

Possibly, and the flying always had such near-catastrophe situations in India but only now coming to light?

raagadevan
6th June 2010, 08:55 PM

Colonel removed, Major suspended in J&K fake encounter case

http://beta.thehindu.com/news/national/article448127.ece?homepage=true

app_engine
7th June 2010, 09:43 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/news/2010/06/07/child-abduction-gang-leader-lalitha.html

what a connection - gang leader for stealing children is having the stewardship of some human rights org :shock:

app_engine
7th June 2010, 10:10 PM
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/Story/100600/India/bhopal-tragedy-moily,-bjp-lament-delay.html

There cannot be a worse example for seeing the way in which Indian official machinery works.

The court verdict on the negligence that led to the 1984 Bhopal tragedy is out only NOW! :shock: :banghead:

If an incident that caused >15000 persons' death and tons of disabed people is dealt in this manner (26 years, can you imagine?) - is there any point in having even a bit of trust in the judicial system of the country?

Sanjeevi
7th June 2010, 10:34 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/news/2010/06/07/child-abduction-gang-leader-lalitha.html

what a connection - gang leader for stealing children is having the stewardship of some human rights org :shock:

no :shock: from my side. you know a good posting in human rights organisation (i mean fake or someothers) can be purchased. also doctorates some fake universites. The organisations will show a foreign address as their head-quarters.

19thmay
8th June 2010, 02:16 PM
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/Story/100600/India/bhopal-tragedy-moily,-bjp-lament-delay.html

There cannot be a worse example for seeing the way in which Indian official machinery works.

The court verdict on the negligence that led to the 1984 Bhopal tragedy is out only NOW! :shock: :banghead:

If an incident that caused >15000 persons' death and tons of disabed people is dealt in this manner (26 years, can you imagine?) - is there any point in having even a bit of trust in the judicial system of the country?

Khaaaaaaaaa thuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!

Only 2 years punishment for the culprits and Warren Anderson the former CEO of Union Carbide was not punished!! Seriously, my blood is boiling!

Sanjeevi
8th June 2010, 02:23 PM
:banghead: 26 years for a judgement? really a judicial tragedy. Only india possifle :notworthy:

app_engine
8th June 2010, 10:45 PM
http://www.dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=572272&disdate=6/8/2010

Another cell-phone scandal :-(

Why can't these idiotic girls talk to their parents about any problems they have? Is the parent-child relationship at its nadir?

pavalamani pragasam
8th June 2010, 10:48 PM
:( True parents are losing hold on their children. The younger generation is nonchalant, bent on doing whatever they like!

app_engine
8th June 2010, 11:37 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/tamil/news/story/2010/06/100607_bhopalupdate.shtml

Did Union Carbide pay any compensation to the victims at all? Were they in line with the amounts they pay in other countries for accident victims?

BBC picture of a victim with birth-defect :

[html:6ee4e1eb92]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/images/2008/05/20080506004949bhopal_victim203.jpg
[/html:6ee4e1eb92]

Sanjeevi
9th June 2010, 01:05 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/08/world/asia/08iht-roads.html?pagewanted=1&tntemail1=y&emc=tnt#

joe
9th June 2010, 03:26 PM
நித்தம் நித்தம் தமிழக (இந்திய) மீனவர்கள் மீது இலங்கை கடற்படை வெறியாட்டம் ..நேற்றும் கூட ... அரசாங்க ரீதியில் ஒரு கண்டனம் கூட கொடுக்கத் துப்பில்லை ..மாறாக இன்று கொலைகார ராஜபக்சேவுக்கு சிவப்புக் கம்பள வரவேற்பு ..தூ.. வல்லரசாம் ..வல்லரசு .

Irene Hastings
9th June 2010, 03:39 PM
நித்தம் நித்தம் தமிழக (இந்திய) மீனவர்கள் மீது இலங்கை கடற்படை வெறியாட்டம் ..நேற்றும் கூட ... அரசாங்க ரீதியில் ஒரு கண்டனம் கூட கொடுக்கத் துப்பில்லை ..மாறாக இன்று கொலைகார ராஜபக்சேவுக்கு சிவப்புக் கம்பள வரவேற்பு ..தூ.. வல்லரசாம் ..வல்லரசு .

இந்திய கடல் எல்லை எதுவரை என்பதை அனுபவமுள்ள மீனவர்களுக்கு தெரிந்தும் ஏன் இவர்கள் எல்லையை மீறுகிறார்கள் ? தயவுசெய்து விளக்கவும்.

joe
9th June 2010, 05:19 PM

இந்திய கடல் எல்லை எதுவரை என்பதை அனுபவமுள்ள மீனவர்களுக்கு தெரிந்தும் ஏன் இவர்கள் எல்லையை மீறுகிறார்கள் ? தயவுசெய்து விளக்கவும்.

400 -க்கு அதிகமாக மீனவர்கள் கொல்லப்பட்டதை எந்த வகையிலாவது வக்காலத்து வாங்கும் உம்மைப் போன்ற மனிதாபிமானமற்ற விஷக்கொடுக்குகளிடம் இது குறித்து விவாதிப்பதாக இல்லை.

joe
9th June 2010, 05:29 PM
மீனவர் பிரச்சனை பற்றி உண்மையிலேயே அக்கறை கொண்டோர் படிக்க வேண்டியது

http://www.vinavu.com/2009/10/28/kacha-theevu/

PARAMASHIVAN
9th June 2010, 06:21 PM
:( :|

PARAMASHIVAN
9th June 2010, 06:29 PM

Ithartku thamizh naatu arasaangam enna seikirathu Joe anEh :banghead:

Ezhai manushanukuk value illamalmpovitathu , thoo :banghead: :twisted:

joe
9th June 2010, 07:07 PM

தமிழ்நாட்டு அரசாங்கமும் இந்திய அரசாங்கமும் தமிழக மீனவர்களை தங்கள் குடிமக்களாக கருதுகிறதா என்பதே சந்தேகமாயிருக்கிறது

PARAMASHIVAN
9th June 2010, 07:15 PM

தமிழ்நாட்டு அரசாங்கமும் இந்திய அரசாங்கமும் தமிழக மீனவர்களை தங்கள் குடிமக்களாக கருதுகிறதா என்பதே சந்தேகமாயிருக்கிறது

:(

app_engine
9th June 2010, 07:46 PM

ஆழ்ந்த மனச்சோர்வையும், வலியையும் ஏற்படுத்தும் கட்டுரை.

:-(

app_engine
9th June 2010, 11:20 PM
A quick recap on the shameful judicial system :

http://news.in.msn.com/national/article.aspx?cp-documentid=3988749

The charges against the executives were reduced by the Supreme Court in 1996 from culpable homicide not amounting to murder to causing death by negligence. If a mascacre that resulted in 15,000 deaths can be written off as an act of neglicence, peace be upon the system!

Irene Hastings
10th June 2010, 10:26 AM

400 -க்கு அதிகமாக மீனவர்கள் கொல்லப்பட்டதை எந்த வகையிலாவது வக்காலத்து வாங்கும் உம்மைப் போன்ற மனிதாபிமானமற்ற விஷக்கொடுக்குகளிடம் இது குறித்து விவாதிப்பதாக இல்லை.

ஜோ மாமா, நீங்கள் எதை வைத்து நான் வக்காலத்து வாங்குகிறேன் என்று சொல்கிறீர் !.
அதுவும் விஷக்கொடுக்கு !! நீங்கள் ஒரு மனிதனாக விமர்சனம் செய்யுங்கள். உங்களிடம் உள்ள மிருகம் வெளியே வரவேண்டாம். அச்சமாக உள்ளது.

Punnaimaran
10th June 2010, 11:46 AM

ஐயா, இந்திய கடல் எல்லை எதுவரை என்பதை சற்று விளக்குகிறீர்களா? நமது மீனவர்கள் இலங்கை கடற்கரையில் வலையை உலர்த்திய போதா பிடிபட்டார்கள்?

தமிழக மீனவர்கள் என்றால் எல்லோருக்கும் ஒரு இளப்பம் தான். சேதுக் கல்வாய் திட்டம் தங்கள் வாழ்வாதாரத்தைப் பாதிக்கும் என்று கதறிய போது கண்டு கொள்ளாத இந்திய அரசு, ராமரின் பாலம் பாதிக்கும் என்றவுடன் உடனடியாக கிடப்பில் போட்டுவிட்டது. இது தான் இன்றைய தமிழக மீனவர்களின் அவல நிலை !! உங்களைப் போன்றோருக்கு அந்த மீனவர்கள் பேராசை பிடித்தவர்கள் தான். ஹும்.....

suba
10th June 2010, 12:50 PM

enakku therinthavarai joe-vin thi.mu.kaa-virku ethiraana muthal pathivu ithuthaan...

eppotho oru murai thi.mu.kaa-virku ethiraka naan ezuthiya pathivirku genovum neengalum ennai rombave kadinthu kondathaaka ninaivu

hmmm... paravaayillai :)

Irene Hastings
10th June 2010, 12:52 PM
புன்னை,

இரு நாடுகளூக்கிடையே ஒரு கடல் எல்லை உண்டு என்பதை நீங்கள் அறியாததா ! அப்படியில்லாவிட்டால் பாக் மற்றும் சீன ராணுவகப்பல்கள் நம் கடற்கரையில் தண்டு இறங்காதா !? ஏன் இப்படி தெரியாதவர் போல் எழுதுகிறீர் ? என்னுடைய வினாவானது, அனுபவமுள்ள மீனவர்களுக்கு நம் கடல் எல்லை நிச்சயம் தெரியும். இருந்தும் ஏன் அதை தாண்டி சென்றார்கள் ?

ஒன்றை குறிப்பிடவேண்டும் இங்கு. சில வருடங்களுக்கு முன் ஈரானின் கடல் பகுதிக்குள் சென்ற அமேரிக்க / இங்கிலாந்து ராணுவவீரர்களை சிறைபிடித்தனர் ஈரானியர்கள். பல முயற்சிகளுக்கு பின்னரே அவர்களை விடுதலை செய்யமுடிந்தது.

joe
10th June 2010, 01:12 PM
புன்னை ,
மேலே நான் சுட்டி கொடுத்த அருள் எழிலனின் கட்டுரையை படித்தவர்களுக்கு பதில் அங்கேயே கிடைக்கும் ..மற்றபடி 'தூங்குவது போல நடிப்பவர்களை' விட்டுவிடுங்கள் .

இன்றைக்கும் குஜராத் மீனவன் வழிதவறி பாகிஸ்தான் கடல் எல்லைக்கு போனால் கூட பாகிஸ்தானியர் கைது செய்வார்களே தவிர அடிக்கவோ ,சுட்டுக்கொல்லவோ கேள்விப்பட்டிருக்கிறீர்களா ? இன்றைக்கும் எத்தனையோ முறை சிங்கள மீனவர்கள் வழிமாறியோ தெரியாமலோ இந்திய கடல் பரப்பில் நுழைந்து கைது செய்யப்பட்டிருக்கிரார்கள் ..முறைப்படி அனுப்பி வைக்கப்பட்டிருக்கிறார்கள் ..நம்முடைய மீனவர்களே அவர்களை வரவேற்று உபசரித்த நிகழ்வுகள் நடந்திருக்கிறது .ஆனால் தமிழனை என்ன செய்தாலும் இந்தியா கண்டுக்காது என்பதை உறுதி செய்து கொண்டு இலங்கை அரசாங்கம் கடற்படையை விட்டு நம் மக்களை நடிக்கடலில் அடிக்கிறார்கள் ,அவமானப்படுத்துகிறார்கள் , வலைகளை கிழிக்கிறார்கள் ,சுட்டுக்கொல்லுகிறார்கள் . 25 கி.மீ கூட இடைவெளியில்லாத கடல்பரப்பில் நம்முடைய சொத்தான கச்சத்தீவை தாரை வார்த்துக்கொடுத்த பின்னர் , குறைந்த பட்சம் கச்சத்தீவில் போய் வலை உலர்த்தும் உரிமை என்ற அந்த ஒப்பந்தத்தில் குறிப்பிடப்பட்ட உரிமையைக் கூட அமல் படுத்த முடியாத ஒரு கையாலாகாத அரசாங்கமும் நாடும் தன்னை அடுத்த வல்லரசாக கருதிக்கொள்வது எவ்வளவு கேலிக்கூத்து ?

சரி ..போன வருடம் வரை எம்மக்களை சுட்டுக்கொன்று விட்டு புலிகள் நடமாட்டம் இருப்பதால் சந்தேகத்தில் சுட்ட்டோம் என பம்மாத்து காட்டினார்கள் ..இன்று தான் புலிகளை ஒழித்து விட்டதாக சொல்கிறீர்களே நாய்களே! பின்னர் இன்னும் உங்களுக்கு ஏன் அரிப்பு போகவில்லை ? நேற்று முன் தினம் கூட தனுஷ்கோடி கடல்பகுதி வரை வந்து தாக்கியிருக்கிறார்கள் ..கேட்க நாதியில்லை .. அந்த நாட்டு அதிபர் கொலைகாரப்பாவி பல்லைக்காட்டிக் கொண்டு இங்கே வந்திருக்கிறான் ..அவனுக்கு சிவப்பு கம்பள வரவேற்பு ..தூ .மானங்கெட்டவன்களே .. இதை விட கேவலம் என்ன வேண்டும் ?

Punnaimaran
10th June 2010, 01:53 PM
புன்னை,

இரு நாடுகளூக்கிடையே ஒரு கடல் எல்லை உண்டு என்பதை நீங்கள் அறியாததா ! அப்படியில்லாவிட்டால் பாக் மற்றும் சீன ராணுவகப்பல்கள் நம் கடற்கரையில் தண்டு இறங்காதா !? ஏன் இப்படி தெரியாதவர் போல் எழுதுகிறீர் ? என்னுடைய வினாவானது, அனுபவமுள்ள மீனவர்களுக்கு நம் கடல் எல்லை நிச்சயம் தெரியும். இருந்தும் ஏன் அதை தாண்டி சென்றார்கள் ?

ஒன்றை குறிப்பிடவேண்டும் இங்கு. சில வருடங்களுக்கு முன் ஈரானின் கடல் பகுதிக்குள் சென்ற அமேரிக்க / இங்கிலாந்து ராணுவவீரர்களை சிறைபிடித்தனர் ஈரானியர்கள். பல முயற்சிகளுக்கு பின்னரே அவர்களை விடுதலை செய்யமுடிந்தது.

ஐயா,
நீங்கள் நண்பர் ஜோ குறிப்பிட்டிருந்த சுட்டியில் உள்ளதை வாசித்திருந்தால் இவ்வாறு கேட்க மாட்டீர்கள். தயவு செய்து அதை வாசித்துவிட்டு உங்கள் நிலையை தெரிவியுங்கள் என்று கேட்டுக்கொள்கிறேன்.

Punnaimaran
10th June 2010, 02:04 PM
சரி ..போன வருடம் வரை எம்மக்களை சுட்டுக்கொன்று விட்டு புலிகள் நடமாட்டம் இருப்பதால் சந்தேகத்தில் சுட்ட்டோம் என பம்மாத்து காட்டினார்கள் ..இன்று தான் புலிகளை ஒழித்து விட்டதாக சொல்கிறீர்களே நாய்களே! பின்னர் இன்னும் உங்களுக்கு ஏன் அரிப்பு போகவில்லை ? நேற்று முன் தினம் கூட தனுஷ்கோடி கடல்பகுதி வரை வந்து தாக்கியிருக்கிறார்கள் ..கேட்க நாதியில்லை .. அந்த நாட்டு அதிபர் கொலைகாரப்பாவி பல்லைக்காட்டிக் கொண்டு இங்கே வந்திருக்கிறான் ..அவனுக்கு சிவப்பு கம்பள வரவேற்பு ..தூ .மானங்கெட்டவன்களே .. இதை விட கேவலம் என்ன வேண்டும் ?

ஆம். தமிழக மீனவர்களைக் கொன்றால் சிகப்புக் கம்பளம். ஒரு சர்தாரை சிறைப் பிடித்தால் உறக்கம் தொலைந்துவிடும்.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
10th June 2010, 02:17 PM
அழுவது, கொதித்தெழுந்து பதிவு போடுவது எதிர்ப்பு தெரிவிப்பதெல்லாம் அதிகாரமற்ற குடிமக்களாகிய நாம் செய்ய வேண்டிய காரியங்கள். அதை இங்கு பலரும் செய்கிறார்கள் சரி. அதிகாரத்தை கையில் வைத்திருக்கும் தாத்தா என்ன பண்ணிட்டு இருக்கார்? முன்னாள் முதல்வர் நடத்திய வளர்ப்புமகன் திருமணத்திற்கு ஒப்பான, ஒரு பிரயோசனமும் இல்லாத செம்மொழி மாநாட்டை நடத்திக்கொண்டிருக்கிறார். எவன் அப்பன் வீட்டு பணம் என்பது வேறு வஷயம். ஒரு வேலை மீனவர்களுக்கும் கணிசமான ஒட்டு இருந்தால் உடனே நடவடிக்கை எடுக்க முயற்சியாவது செய்வார். இப்போது அதுவும் நடக்கவாய்ப்பில்லை

Irene Hastings
10th June 2010, 02:18 PM
புன்னை,

நம்மைபோன்ற சாதாரண வலைபதிவாளர்களுக்கே இவ்வளவு எழுச்சியிருக்கும்போது கலைஞரை போன்ற மூத்த தலைவர் இதை பார்த்துகொண்டு சும்மா இருப்பார் என்று எப்படி நீங்கள் தப்பு கணக்கு போடுகிறீர்கள் ? எனக்கு நினைவுதெரிந்தவரை கருணாநிதியை போல தமிழர்கள் மற்று இலங்கை தமிழர்களுக்காக யாரும் போராடியத்தில்லை. நம் ஜோ அங்கிள் கூட கலைஞரின் மிகப்பெரும் ரசிகர். எப்படி ஜோவே கருணாநிதியை சந்தேகிக்கிறார் !
மற்றபடி எழிலனின் கட்டுரை ஒரு எல்.டி.டி.ஈ. ஆதரவாளர் எழுதியது போல இருக்கிறது.
தமிழக எல்லைக்குள் இலங்கை ராணுவம் வருவதற்கு வாய்ப்பே இல்லை. நம் கடர்படையினர் என்ன வேடிக்கை பார்த்துகொண்டா இருப்பார்கள். மேலும் தி.மு.க. இன்று மத்திய சர்காரில் ஒரு முக்கிய அங்கம் வகிக்கிறது. அவர்கள் நிச்சயம் இது போன்ற பிரச்சினைகளை தீர்ப்பார்கள் என்று நம்புவோம்.
கச்சத்தீவை மீட்பது என்ற பேச்சுக்கே இடமில்லை. எந்த நாடும் தன் ஒரு துளிநிலத்தை கூட விட்டுகொடுக்காது. இந்தியா எதாவது முயர்ச்சி செய்தால், காஷ்மீர் பிரச்னை தலைதூக்கும்.

Sarna
10th June 2010, 02:39 PM
ஒரு வேலை மீனவர்களுக்கும் கணிசமான ஒட்டு இருந்தால் உடனே நடவடிக்கை எடுக்க முயற்சியாவது செய்வார். இப்போது அதுவும் நடக்கவாய்ப்பில்லை

on a digression note :oops: I remembering a dialogue in a telugu movie KICK
" aambalaingalukku ilavasa vEtti satta, pombalangalukku ilavasa sela, vivasaayigalukku ilavasa current, kalyaanamaagaadhavangalukku ilavasa kalayaanam.... ippadi ellaa ilavasamumE 18 vayasa thaandunavangalukku dhaan irukku :lol2: oruvEla kuzhandhangalukku vote urimai irundhaa avangalukku ilavasa pappar mittai, ilavasa kuchchi ice, ilavasa sOm pappadi etc'nu ellaaththayum ilavasa mayam panni iruppeengalaa :shoot: "

//dig ends

PARAMASHIVAN
10th June 2010, 03:44 PM
Sri Lanka police detain young couples for kissing
Page last updated at 16:24 GMT, Wednesday, 9 June 2010 17:24 UK
E-mail this to a friendPrintable version Sri Lanka has a conservative attitude towards public displays of affection Police in two Sri Lankan towns have detained nearly 200 young couples they accuse of indecent behaviour.

Locals complained the young lovers were kissing, cuddling or simply holding hands, reports say.

In the central town of Kurunegala about 350 youngsters have been detained and reprimanded in the past two weeks.

Police have gone further in another town - Matara in the south - where 22 allegedly offending couples are to appear before a magistrate on Friday.

Unacceptable

Police in Kurunegala say ordinary townsfolk have been getting increasingly annoyed and embarrassed by what they feel is indecent behaviour by hundreds of young people.

The town is a major centre of students and reports say lots of them have been hanging around in public parks and bus stands.

In rural and provincial Sri Lanka kissing and cuddling in public is seen as unacceptable - however much the capital city may be racing towards Westernisation, says the BBC's Charles Haviland in Colombo.

In Kurunegala many of the girls involved are said to be school students aged only about 15.

The police say this is why they have conducted a sweep and detained 350 offending youngsters, later taking them to their parents with a warning that if there is a repeat they may face tougher measures.

In the southern town of Matara, police detained 22 couples on a beach before releasing them on bail to appear in court on Friday.

source :http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/10278477.stm

app_engine
10th June 2010, 05:33 PM
http://news.in.msn.com/national/article.aspx?cp-documentid=3996665

Though this kind of analysis doesn't help much the families of the victims (after a long 26 outrageous years :-( :-( ), at the minimum, it helps to understand what kind of virtueless politicians the country is blessed with.

In addition, a widespread condemnation of this judicial nonsense should make people understand what spineless / toothless judiciary and (in)justice system the country has!

how a man accused of killing 15,000 people and injuring thousands in the world's worst industrial disaster had tea with the then President Giani Zail Singh once he landed in Delhi.

Here too, the Prime Minister's office is suspect. Without PMO's nod, Anderson could never have stepped into the Rashtrapathi Bhavan and had tea with the president.

Consider this: Will the CEO of British Petroleum, the company behind the massive oil spill threatening the US court, ever have a coffee meet with President Barack Obama? That would be Obama's last day in office.
Justice A H Ahmadi: It was Justice A H Ahmadi who in 1996 reduced the criminal charges from Section 304, culpable homicide that would have attracted 10 years in jail to that of Section 304A - causing death due to negligence - that could attract just 2 years in jail for killing over 15,000 people.

Citing laws and rules, would the Supreme Court in the US let the officials of BP off the hook?

Now fresh evidence shows that Justice Ahmadi heads a trust that gets funds from Union Carbide.
So, instead of chasing Anderson, let Arjun Singh, the Congress party, the district magistrate, the officers who investigated the Bhopal gas case and the CBI come out in the open. Like in the days of kings and queens, let the traitors be tried first, not Anderson. Traitors can let down the nation many times, criminals like Anderson only once.

joe
10th June 2010, 08:37 PM
முன்னாள் முதல்வர் நடத்திய வளர்ப்புமகன் திருமணத்திற்கு ஒப்பான, ஒரு பிரயோசனமும் இல்லாத செம்மொழி மாநாட்டை நடத்திக்கொண்டிருக்கிறார்.

இவர் தன் வழக்கமான லாவணியை இங்கே ஆரம்பித்து விட்டார் ..செம்மொழி மாநாட்டை வளர்ப்பு மகன் திருமணத்தோடு ஒப்பிட்டு சந்தடிச்சாக்கில் ஜெயலலிதாவுக்கு damage control பண்ணுகிறாராம் :lol: ஸ்ப்பா :)

app_engine
10th June 2010, 09:02 PM
எனக்கு நினைவுதெரிந்தவரை கருணாநிதியை போல தமிழர்கள் மற்று இலங்கை தமிழர்களுக்காக யாரும் போராடியத்தில்லை.

எப்படி, ஓ, அந்த அரை நாள் உண்ணாவிரதம் மாதிரியா? :roll:

Or, do you refer to the countless "letters" he wrote and keeps writing to the center on this issue, including for the "fair treatment of the refugees" who suffer under the police force right under his nose?

ஈழத்தமிழர் நலன் என்பதைப்பொறுத்த வரை எல்லாத்தமிழக அரசியல்வாதிகளும் ஒ.கு.ஊ.ம :-(

MGR was a possible exception since he was born there and was emotionally connected. For all others, it's simply a game of political convenience.

MK possibly lost something "in the name of closeness to Eezham fighters" when Delhi was not friendly with him but such loss would have come even otherwise (means, citing some other reason), considering the relations that the central powers had with his arch-rival at that point of time.

Things changed drastically later on, with MK having a decent say in the power equations at center and that is when he was REALLY tested as to where he stands in this issue. And it's pretty clear that he miserably failed / continues to show a callous attitude!

For him, those suffering in the island (or, for that matter the sufferings of fishermen of TN) is not as big a deal as, say, Mr rasAyanam!

PARAMASHIVAN
10th June 2010, 09:36 PM
எனக்கு நினைவுதெரிந்தவரை கருணாநிதியை போல தமிழர்கள் மற்று இலங்கை தமிழர்களுக்காக யாரும் போராடியத்தில்லை.

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl3:

joe
10th June 2010, 09:37 PM
app_engine,
என்னைக் குறி வைத்து வேறு நோக்கத்தில் கேட்கப்பட்டதற்கு நீங்க நல்லாவே சொல்லியிருக்கீங்க .

ஆனால் உங்கள் எம்.ஜி.ஆர் குறித்த பார்வையிலிருந்து நான் சற்று வேற்படுகிறேன் .எம்.ஜி.ஆர் புலிகளுக்கு ஆதரவாயிருந்து செய்த உதவிகள் என்றும் நினைவுகூறத்தக்கவை . எம்.ஜி.ஆர் புலிகளை ஆதரித்த போது எம்.ஜி.ஆர் என்ன பிரதமர் இந்திராவே அவரை விட ஆதரித்தவர் தான் .ஆனால் ராஜீவ் காந்தி மரணத்துக்கு பின் எம்.ஜி.ஆரே இருந்தாலும் என்ன சாதித்திருக்க முடியும் என்பது கேள்விக்குறி ..எம்.ஜி.ஆரின் அரசியலை கூர்ந்து கவனித்தால் அவர் ஒருபோதும் மத்திய அரசாங்கத்தோடு மோதல் போக்கை கடைபிடித்தவர் அல்ல . மாநில கட்சிகளுக்கு இந்திரா தடை விதிக்கப்போகிறார் என ஒரு வதந்தி பரவியதுமே பதறியடித்துக்கொண்டு அதிமுக -வை அகில இந்திய அதிமுக என பெயர் மாற்றியவர் எம்.ஜி.ஆர்.

PARAMASHIVAN
10th June 2010, 09:37 PM
MGR was a possible exception since he was born there and was emotionally connected. For all others, it's simply a game of political convenience.

:thumbsup: :exactly:

app_engine
10th June 2010, 10:08 PM
ஆனால் ராஜீவ் காந்தி மரணத்துக்கு பின் எம்.ஜி.ஆரே இருந்தாலும் என்ன சாதித்திருக்க முடியும் என்பது கேள்விக்குறி ..எம்.ஜி.ஆரின் அரசியலை கூர்ந்து கவனித்தால் அவர் ஒருபோதும் மத்திய அரசாங்கத்தோடு மோதல் போக்கை கடைபிடித்தவர் அல்ல .

True, Joe.

He even allied with that miserable Janata remains of a nellikkAi mootai in an election. Also took part in Charan Singh ministry - Bala Pazhanoor in some post etc, which were simply immature & comical political stuff :-)

Still, looking solely at the SL issue, because his death pre-dated Rajiv assassination, he cannot be subjected to much criticism.

I'm not very knowledgable, however, on what efforts MGR took (if at all there were any) as a politician / CM to prove to be a 'meenava naNban' :?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
10th June 2010, 11:07 PM
முன்னாள் முதல்வர் நடத்திய வளர்ப்புமகன் திருமணத்திற்கு ஒப்பான, ஒரு பிரயோசனமும் இல்லாத செம்மொழி மாநாட்டை நடத்திக்கொண்டிருக்கிறார்.

இவர் தன் வழக்கமான லாவணியை இங்கே ஆரம்பித்து விட்டார் ..செம்மொழி மாநாட்டை வளர்ப்பு மகன் திருமணத்தோடு ஒப்பிட்டு சந்தடிச்சாக்கில் ஜெயலலிதாவுக்கு damage control பண்ணுகிறாராம் :lol: ஸ்ப்பா :)

i said semmozhi is another useless, similar to valarpu magan thirumanam

where did u find damage control?? even if so, how does semmozhi maanaadu by itself become an useful event on public taxpayer's money??

ps: if u remember, mu.ka in hist last rule too organaised a function to bridge tamil and IT. that too went waste. he suggested some keyboard layouts etc for tamil keys layout. i wonder even if he remembers that event, let alone others

Sanjeevi
10th June 2010, 11:11 PM
புன்னை,

நம்மைபோன்ற சாதாரண வலைபதிவாளர்களுக்கே இவ்வளவு எழுச்சியிருக்கும்போது கலைஞரை போன்ற மூத்த தலைவர் இதை பார்த்துகொண்டு சும்மா இருப்பார் என்று எப்படி நீங்கள் தப்பு கணக்கு போடுகிறீர்கள் ? எனக்கு நினைவுதெரிந்தவரை கருணாநிதியை போல தமிழர்கள் மற்று இலங்கை தமிழர்களுக்காக யாரும் போராடியத்தில்லை.

Bayangara comedyana alluyya nee, enna sirippu than vara mattenguthu SL tamils vachu comedy panninathala

app_engine
11th June 2010, 01:52 AM
http://www.dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=572714&disdate=6/10/2010

What's happening in TN?

(Educational DVDs screened in Sivagangai schools had AbAsa movies :shock: )

ஆசிரியர்களுக்கு தரப்பட்ட டிவிடி கேஸட்டுகளில் மலையாள ஆபாசப்படங்கள் பதிவானது எப்படி என்பது குறித்து கல்வித்துறை அதிகாரிகள் விசாரித்து வருகிறார்கள்

joe
11th June 2010, 06:51 AM
ps: if u remember, mu.ka in hist last rule too organaised a function to bridge tamil and IT. that too went waste. he suggested some keyboard layouts etc for tamil keys layout. i wonder even if he remembers that event, let alone others

சகல அண்ணே,
நீங்க ஹப் தமிழ் டைப் பேட்-ல தான் தட்டச்சுவேண்ணு அடம் பிடிச்சா மத்தவங்க என்ன பண்ண முடியும்.
நீங்க சொன்னது இங்க இருக்கு ஐயா http://www.kanithamizh.in

அங்கே சொல்லியிருக்கிற Tamil'99 விசைப்பலகையைத்தான் தமிழில் வலைப்பதிவுகளிலும் ,இணையத்திலும் பலர் பயன்படுத்துகிறார்கள் ..நீங்க ஒருவேளை ஆளுக்கொரு கீபோர்ட் ரேஷன் கடையில கொடுப்பாங்கண்ணு எதிர்பார்த்தீங்களோ என்னமோ? :rotfl:

how does semmozhi maanaadu by itself become an useful event on public taxpayer's money??

வெறும் தினமலரும் தினத்தந்தியும் படிச்சிட்டு வந்து பேசக்கூடாது ஐயா.

செம்மொழி மாநாட்டில் விவாதிக்கப்படும் தலைப்புகள்
http://ulakathamizhchemmozhi.org/content/%E0%AE%86%E0%AE%AF%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%B5%E0%AF%81%E0%A E%AA%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%8A%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A3%E0%A F%8D%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%88%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%B3%E0%AF%8D

கணிணித்தமிழ் குறித்து மட்டும் சமர்பிக்கப்படும் கட்டுரைகள் ,ஆய்வறிக்கைகள்
http://www.infitt.org/ti2010/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=50&Itemid=61&lang=ta

நேரமிருந்தால் பொறுமையிருந்தால் தலைப்பை மட்டுமாவது படிக்கவும்.

இதுக்கு மேல , இதுனால தமிழர்கள் எல்லோரும் பில்கேட்ஸ் ஆயிடுவாங்களா ,தமிழ்நாட்டுல பாலும் தேனும் ஓடி விடுமா போன்ற அரிய பெரிய கேள்விகள் கேட்பதாக இருந்தால் , "தமிழுக்கும் எனக்கும் சம்பந்தம் இல்லை ..மாநாட்டுக்கு செலவழிக்கப்படும் பணத்தில் என் பங்கை திருப்பித் தர வேண்டும் " என நீதி மன்றத்தில் பொதுநல வழக்கு ஒன்று தொடுக்கலாமே ஐயா!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
11th June 2010, 11:02 AM
in that same function, there was some discussion of using common fonts. but alas, important magazines like dailythanthi, vikatan, kumudam etc are each using different fonts. i know its not his mistake, the point is there is not much outcome with these funstions ans all this can be accomplished without spending crores and all this doesn't need a Chief Minister to inaugurate or so. Very useful and simple things like Murasu Anjam etc are happenning independently. Sites like thatstamil, dinamani etc all moved to dynamic loading unicode fonts which doesn't need installation

"இதுக்கு மேல , இதுனால தமிழர்கள் எல்லோரும் பில்கேட்ஸ் ஆயிடுவாங்களா ,தமிழ்நாட்டுல பாலும் தேனும் ஓடி விடுமா போன்ற அரிய பெரிய கேள்விகள் கேட்பதாக இருந்தால் , "தமிழுக்கும் எனக்கும் சம்பந்தம் இல்லை ..மாநாட்டுக்கு செலவழிக்கப்படும் பணத்தில் என் பங்கை திருப்பித் தர வேண்டும் " என நீதி மன்றத்தில் பொதுநல வழக்கு ஒன்று தொடுக்கலாமே ஐயா!"

my tax money is with central govt, and i dont ask any share. Let the money go to welfare and needy. Instead of wasting crores on this function ( semmozhi song picturisation itself costed 6 Crores) some permanent organaisation can be developed and made to do all activities related to tamil language, Tamil-IT etc. But instead, all this scene podura velai costs crores and crores of money which is dumb utter waste

The foresight/intention may be too good but the way its implemented doesn't help much so it becomes as waste as valarpumagan thirumanam

joe
11th June 2010, 01:50 PM
Sakala,
Again your understanding on Tamil keyboard , Unicode allocation ,common font ,the efforts taken ,problems facing..all looks ameturish ..nalla padichittu vaanga thampi ..ungaLukku viLakkam solliye oonjuduven polirukku :)

Irene Hastings
11th June 2010, 03:02 PM

எப்படி, ஓ, அந்த அரை நாள் உண்ணாவிரதம் மாதிரியா? :roll:

Or, do you refer to the countless "letters" he wrote and keeps writing to the center on this issue, including for the "fair treatment of the refugees" who suffer under the police force right under his nose?

ஈழத்தமிழர் நலன் என்பதைப்பொறுத்த வரை எல்லாத்தமிழக அரசியல்வாதிகளும் ஒ.கு.ஊ.ம :-(

MK possibly lost something "in the name of closeness to Eezham fighters" when Delhi was not friendly with him but such loss would have come even otherwise (means, citing some other reason), considering the relations that the central powers had with his arch-rival at that point of time.

Things changed drastically later on, with MK having a decent say in the power equations at center and that is when he was REALLY tested as to where he stands in this issue. And it's pretty clear that he miserably failed / continues to show a callous attitude!

For him, those suffering in the island (or, for that matter the sufferings of fishermen of TN) is not as big a deal as, say, Mr rasAyanam!

You all have forgotten that DMK rule was dissolved and President's rule was imposed then.
It was Kalainjar who allowed the killing of Padmanabha.
LTTE cadres were given free access only during Kalaingar . Not during MGR regime.
Muka was vociferous in his support for tamil cause .

Now , he has the numbers in Parliament plus good wrapport with Delhi which he will definitely use it for rehabilitation of people there.
I am sure, Muka will play a positive role in restoring normalcy. He is one of the greatest sympathisers of tamil cause. Lets not forget.

Plum
11th June 2010, 04:21 PM
Also, I think more than aggressive posturing, what is needed is an approach where Centre can be convinced. If MK is playing it safe now, and leverages on it to actually get things done for Eelam tamils later with the centre, he might live up to his chankyan image.

One can be like Vai KO and go to Jail, with nothing being achieved on behalf of the subjects being fought for, and if, as one hopes he would, MK lays low now and pushes through the Eelam Tamil agenda when he has more leverage, that works fine, too. The question is whether he already has that leverage and is refusing to use it. That is where his ability to hold the Centre to ransom for ministerial births spoils the picture. adhai paNnum bodhu idhai paNNa mudiyAdhA?

Irene Hastings
11th June 2010, 04:43 PM
Also, I think more than aggressive posturing, what is needed is an approach where Centre can be convinced. If MK is playing it safe now, and leverages on it to actually get things done for Eelam tamils later with the centre, he might live up to his chankyan image.

One can be like Vai KO and go to Jail, with nothing being achieved on behalf of the subjects being fought for, and if, as one hopes he would, MK lays low now and pushes through the Eelam Tamil agenda when he has more leverage, that works fine, too. The question is whether he already has that leverage and is refusing to use it. That is where his ability to hold the Centre to ransom for ministerial births spoils the picture. adhai paNnum bodhu idhai paNNa mudiyAdhA?

There are reports that Muka desperately tried ( through Kanimozi etc ) to liaison between LTTE and Delhi- SL govt for saving Prabhakaran and his associates on 17th May 2009. For this, apparently Muka had been insisting that LTTE should lay down arms but sadly all the diplomatic efforts failed ( behind the screen ) and SL army entered that Lagoon also and wiped out the remaining tigers.
At this point, he must have realised that things have gone beyond his limits and must have resigned to the reality.
He even wrote a tearful note the next day I think. Something like Sagodhara udham etc. :roll:

PARAMASHIVAN
11th June 2010, 05:23 PM

There are reports that Muka desperately tried ( through Kanimozi etc ) to liaison between LTTE and Delhi- SL govt for saving Prabhakaran and his associates on 17th May 2009. For this, apparently Muka had been insisting that LTTE should lay down arms but sadly all the diplomatic efforts failed ( behind the screen ) and SL army entered that Lagoon also and wiped out the remaining tigers.
At this point, he must have realised that things have gone beyond his limits and must have resigned to the reality.
He even wrote a tearful note the next day I think. Something like Sagodhara udham etc. :roll:

Sir

You must study more, It was not just SL army , but Indian Army along with even Pakistani Army, with Chinese and Indian Military Equipment Sir

app_engine
11th June 2010, 05:54 PM
You all have forgotten that DMK rule was dissolved and President's rule was imposed then.

If you've read my post properly, you could have seen that I've mentioned this very thing, friend, and how it does not mean much to the island's cause :-)

Well, enough said about these 'கபட நாடக வேஷ தாரிகள்' :-(

Plum,

All these chAnakyA biz etc won't help those thousands of innocents dead :-(

Neither does it seem to help the following people :

a) Those in camps (and, so called 'settlements') in SL and continuing to suffer
b) SL refugees in TN who can't make a decent living and suffer under police
c) TN fishermen who are assaulted by SL army and are almost a daily news

What's the point in continuing to play the game now? And, for how long? As you very well mentioned, not even 0.1% of the interest shown for ministerial berths seems to exist in the case of fishermen.

Plum
11th June 2010, 06:18 PM
I dont have an answer, app.

We can only hope - what else can we (I ) do? Even talking about it is a empty gesture from me.

app_engine
11th June 2010, 08:35 PM
Even talking about it is a empty gesture from me.

Actually, while talking about it does no good to the affected people, it's a form of mourning and benefits the talkers (i.e. us, in maintaining our own mental balance and not drowning in grief.) :-(

இப்படி ஒரு சுயநலம் பற்றி எழுத வெட்கமாயிருந்தாலும், அது உண்மை என்று தோன்றுவதால் தான் இந்தப்பதிவு :-(

pavalamani pragasam
12th June 2010, 08:26 AM
May be such small drops may become a mighty revolution creating a stir for the redressal all the heinous crimes!!!

app_engine
13th June 2010, 05:57 PM
Pranob Roy has made a joker of himself by telling that Arjun Singh let Anderson out of Bhopal (in CM's special plane) to "protect law and order" :-(

http://news.in.msn.com/national/article.aspx?cp-documentid=4010841

சரிங்க, அப்போ டெல்லியில சிறை வச்சிருக்கலாம்ல?

This is a nice comment from a MSN reader :

Now comes another excuse for a great omission on the part of Indian government! The average Indian can understand that India buckled under U S pressure. If Mr Mukherjee can't admit that fact because of political constraints, at least can't he keep mum. Remember dear old Abe Lincoln."You can't fool all the people all the time"

app_engine
14th June 2010, 09:01 PM
Group of ministers to "probe" how Anderson escaped out of the country, after his arrest. In other words, when you want to bury something, form a group / commission / panel / team etc.

This article and the comments give nice insight :

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/Story/101488/India/bhopal-tragedy-sonia-upset-over-dragging-rajivs-name.html

app_engine
16th June 2010, 12:18 AM
http://www.dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=573826&disdate=6/15/2010

This party worked hard to fight against the rule of a queen (in other words, to fight for freedom / independence) not too long ago - 65 years, about the length of one's lifetime.

See, now what's happening.

app_engine
17th June 2010, 12:21 AM
http://www.dinamalar.com/News_Detail.asp?Id=19970

10th standard (unwed) girl delivers baby in school toilet in Ramnad.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
17th June 2010, 07:12 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/news/2010/06/15/bhopal-gas-tragedy-warren-anderson-akash-viswanath.html

இந்த பயலுக்கு உள்ள அக்கறை நம்ம அரசியல்வாதிகளுக்கு இல்லாம போயிடுச்சே

Sarna
18th June 2010, 06:19 PM
http://www.dinamalar.com/News_Detail.asp?Id=19970

10th standard (unwed) girl delivers baby in school toilet in Ramnad.

// கர்ப்பமாக இருந்தது வீட்டிற்கோ, பள்ளியிலோ யாருக்கும் தெரியாமல் இருந்துள்ளது. இதனிடையே கோடை விடுமுறை முடிந்த நிலையில், வழக்கம் போல் கர்ப்பிணி மாணவி பள்ளிக்கு வந்துள்ளார். பள்ளியில் படித்த கொண்டிருந்த போது மாணவி , திடீரென கழிப்பறை செல்ல அனுமதி கேட்டு சென்றுள்ளார். அங்கு யாருடைய உதவியுமின்றி தானாக குழந்தையை பெற்று, அந்த பச்சிளம் குழந்தையை கழிப்பறையில் போட்டுவிட்டு வகுப்பறை வந்துள்ளார் //

10aam class ponnu nirai maasa garbamaa school'ukku vara anumadhikkuraangala ?
do a girl can walk immediately after delivering a baby ?

unmailayE nadandhadha ezhudhuraangalaa ?????? or just for sensation, indha maadhiri ezhudhuraangalaa ???????

app_engine
18th June 2010, 07:06 PM
do a girl can walk immediately after delivering a baby ?

unmailayE nadandhadha ezhudhuraangalaa ?????? or just for sensation, indha maadhiri ezhudhuraangalaa ???????

Whether this news is true or not is anybody's guess, but at least two prominent TN newspaper sites (dhina thanthi & dinamalar) has this news.

To answer your question about whether a girl can walk immediately after delivering a baby, yes, very much! Obviously most of the city-bred-sophi girls may not be able but most village women who regularly work in field are easily capable.

(There was another chilling news report sometime back where a woman delivered a baby in train toilet which fell between the rails and it survived)

Sarna
18th June 2010, 07:36 PM
indha seidhi unmaindra batchathil.... en manadhil Odum ennangalum kElvigalum .....

10 padikkura ponnukku 15 vayasu dhaan irukkum.... andha ponnu garbamaa irukku...adhuvum prasava nEram.... school'ukku vandhirukkaapla...andha ponnu toilet'uku pOganum'nu teacher kitta permission kEkkudhu...udan payilum maanavigala vidunga(andha chinna kozhandhangalukku enna theriyum :oops: ), andha teacher kooda andha ponnu garbamaa irukkuradha kandukkala :banghead: ivanga ellaam aasiriyargal... ivangalukkellaam evan vEla kuduththaan...indha maadhiri schoolukku evan license kuduththaan :banghead:

thangalidam payilum maanavigalin mEl siridhum akkarai illaadha andha teacher, andha school vEnumaa :huh:

arasiyalvyaadhigal kitta dhaan manidhaabhimaanam konjamkooda illa.... adhu makkal kittayum koranjitte varudhu :cry: :cry:

app_engine
18th June 2010, 08:07 PM
Sarna,

The news report says that she is a plump girl and the pregnancy didn't make much of a difference in appearance.

At least in some cases of my relatives, I've seen not a drastic change in appearance (including the belly) during pregnancy. We got to think that this was one such case.

Teachers seem to be overwhelmed nowadays with too much of students in the class (70 / 80 in some cases) and personal attention is a thing of the past.

The girl is to blame the most and then her parents. School / teacher etc are way low in the blame-scale.

app_engine
19th June 2010, 01:10 AM
Sarna,

There's going to be an enquiry commission it seems :

http://www.dinamalar.com/News_Detail.asp?Id=20497

Interestingly, some reader's comments in dinamalar accuse 'kushboo' for this problem.

sathya_1979
19th June 2010, 01:13 AM
Sarna,

Interestingly, some reader's comments in dinamalar accuse 'kushboo' for this problem.
namma aaLungaLukku yaar maelayaavadhu pazhi potte pazhakkam :D

arjun885
19th June 2010, 12:42 PM
Sarna,

when will people change their mindset..
Kushboo didn't make it happen..she told what was happening..and she was right..this news is enough proof for her words..
We are always like this..we don't like accepting the facts..

arjun885
19th June 2010, 12:43 PM
indha seidhi unmaindra batchathil.... en manadhil Odum ennangalum kElvigalum .....

10 padikkura ponnukku 15 vayasu dhaan irukkum.... andha ponnu garbamaa irukku...adhuvum prasava nEram.... school'ukku vandhirukkaapla...andha ponnu toilet'uku pOganum'nu teacher kitta permission kEkkudhu...udan payilum maanavigala vidunga(andha chinna kozhandhangalukku enna theriyum :oops: ), andha teacher kooda andha ponnu garbamaa irukkuradha kandukkala :banghead: ivanga ellaam aasiriyargal... ivangalukkellaam evan vEla kuduththaan...indha maadhiri schoolukku evan license kuduththaan :banghead:

thangalidam payilum maanavigalin mEl siridhum akkarai illaadha andha teacher, andha school vEnumaa :huh:

arasiyalvyaadhigal kitta dhaan manidhaabhimaanam konjamkooda illa.... adhu makkal kittayum koranjitte varudhu :cry: :cry:

Why should the school/teacher be blamed...no logic in it...
the girl and the person who was responsible for the pregnancy should be blamed...and then her parents...

If a teacher is teaching in school will she be looking if any of their students are getting pregnant or not..is it their job..teach well thats their job..they are no parents..

raagadevan
20th June 2010, 10:11 AM
"Rs 35,000 to hush up child's murder, rape?"

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India/Rs-35000-to-hush-up-childs-murder-rape/articleshow/6069341.cms

app_engine
24th June 2010, 09:33 PM
இப்படிப்பட்ட மரணங்கள் 21-ஆம் நூற்றாண்டில் நிகழ்வது அக்கிரமம், அவமானம் (http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/news/2010/06/24/puliyankudi-woman-death-hospital-doctors.html)

app_engine
1st July 2010, 12:15 AM
Missing children (http://www.dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=577045&disdate=6/30/2010)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
9th July 2010, 03:27 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/news/2010/07/09/seeman-naam-tamilar-fishermen-attack-srilanka.html

வழக்கம் போல் நமது முதல்வரும் கடிதம் எழுதி பிரச்சனையை முடித்து விட்டார். தமிழர்களின் பிரச்சனைக்கு மத்திய அரசுக்கு கடிதம் எழுதுவதையே தீர்வாக சொல்லும் முதல்வரே, மத்திய அரசு இப்பிரச்சனையத் தீர்க்க ஒன்றும் செய்யவில்லை என்று மத்தியில் பதவி வகித்துக்கொண்டே நேற்று கூறியிருக்கிறார். இந்த முறையும் கடிதம் எழுதிவிட்டு வழக்கம் போல் பிரச்சனையை முடித்து விட்டார்.

பதவிகளைப் பெறுவதற்கு விமானம் ஏறும் முதல்வர் மீனவர் பிரச்சனைக்கு கடிதம் மட்டும் எழுதி கடமையை முடித்து விட்டார்.

User comment in that page:-

பதிவு செய்தவர்: மன்மோகன் பதிவு செய்தது: 09 Jul 2010 3:01 pm
அப்படா டாய்லட் பேப்பர் தீந்து போயிடுமோன்னு நெனசியன் ... கருணாநிதி கடிதம் எழுதி காபாத்திடாறு.

raagadevan
11th July 2010, 12:48 AM
[tscii:328a68e760]
Over 1,000 ‘honour killings' take place every year

“A regular occurrence in Punjab, Haryana, western U.P.”

Forced marriages and ‘honour killings' often intertwined

http://www.hindu.com/2010/07/11/stories/2010071156121000.htm[/tscii:328a68e760]

sathya_1979
11th July 2010, 09:54 AM
[tscii:5b6744530d]
Over 1,000 ‘honour killings' take place every year

“A regular occurrence in Punjab, Haryana, western U.P.”

Forced marriages and ‘honour killings' often intertwined

http://www.hindu.com/2010/07/11/stories/2010071156121000.htm[/tscii:5b6744530d]
Very True. My cousin went to Kolkatta for a vacation to his colleagues home (2 weeks). He mentioned an incident where a couple from UP / Bihar were chased down by their family members (Hiding in Kolkatta) who forcibly separated them, dragged the girl away after knocking the boy and throwing away the thaali. Kaadhal padam!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th July 2010, 01:59 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/news/2010/07/13/poor-india-africa.html

வறுமை: ஆப்பிரிக்காவை விஞ்சிய இந்தியாவின் 8 மாநிலங்கள்

டெல்லி: ஆப்பிரிக்காவின் 26 மிக ஏழ்மையான நாடுகளை விட மிக அதிகமான மக்கள் பிகார், சட்டீஸ்கர், ஜார்க்கண்ட், மத்தியப் பிரதேசம், ஒரிஸ்ஸா, ராஜஸ்தான், உத்தரப் பிரதேசம், மேற்கு வங்கம் ஆகிய இந்தியாவின் 8 மாநிலங்களி்ல் கடும் வறுமையின் பிடியில் சிக்கி உழன்று வருவதாக சர்வதேச ஆய்வறிக்கையொன்றில் கூறப்பட்டு்ள்ளது.

2020ம் ஆண்டில், அதாவது இன்னும் 10 ஆண்டுகளில் இந்தியா உலகின் மாபெரும் வல்லரசு நாடுகளில் ஒன்றாகிவிடும் என்று நம் நாட்டு அரசியல் கட்சிகளும் (இடதுசாரிகள் தவிர்த்து) அமெரிக்கா உள்ளிட்ட சில நாடுகளும் பிரச்சாரம் செய்து வருகின்றன.

இது எவ்வளவு பெரிய பொய் பிரச்சாரம் என்பதை இந்த ஆய்வு முடிவுகள் பொட்டில் அடிப்பது போல தெளிவாக எடுத்துக் காட்டியுள்ளன.

படிப்பறிவிலும் சமூகராதியிலும் மிகவும் பிற்பட்ட பிகார், சட்டீஸ்கர், ஜார்க்கண்ட், மத்தியப் பிரதேசம், ஒரிஸ்ஸா, ராஜஸ்தான், உத்தரப் பிரதேசம், மேற்கு வங்கம் ஆகிய எட்டு மாநிலங்களில் மட்டும் 42.1 கோடி மிகக் கொடுமையான வறுமையின் பிடியில் சிக்கியுள்ளனர்.

இந்த எண்ணிக்கை உலகின் மிக ஏழ்மையான கண்டமான ஆப்பிரிக்காவில் உள்ள மிக மிக ஏழ்மையான 26 நாடுகளில் வசிக்கும் மிக ஏழ்மையான மக்களின் ஒட்டுமொத்த கூட்டுத் தொகையை விட அதிகமாகும். இந்த நாடுகளில் மிகக் கடுமையான ஏழ்மையில் உள்ளோர் எண்ணிக்கை 41 கோடியாகும்.

ஐ.நா. சபையின் மனிதவள மேம்பாட்டுத்துறையும் ஆக்ஸ்போர்ட் மனிதவளத்துறையும் இணைந்து வெளியிட்டுள்ள ஆய்வறிக்கையில் இந்தத் தகவல்கள் தெரிவிக்கப்பட்டுள்ளன.

இதன் மூலம் ஆப்பிரிக்க நாடுகளை விட இந்தியாவில் தான் வறுமை அதிகமாக இருப்பது உறுதிப்படுத்தப்பட்டுள்ளது. குறிப்பாக இந்தியப் பெண்களில் பாதிபேர் வறுமைக் கோட்டுக்கு கீழ் வாழ்வதாகவும் அந்த ஆய்வு கூறுகிறது.

உலகின் ஒட்டுமொத்த மக்கள் தொகையில் பாதிப்பேர், அதாவது 48.4 கோடி பேர் தெற்காசிய நாடுகளிலும் 25 சதவீதம் பேர் ஆப்பிரிக்க நாடுகளிலும் வாழ்கின்றனர்.

இதில் தண்ணீர், மின்சாரம், கழிப்பிட வசதி இல்லாத உலக மக்களில் 51 சதவீதம் பேர், அதாவது 84.4 கோடி பேர் தெற்காசியாவிலும், 28 சதவீதம் பேர் அதாவது 45.8 கோடி பேர் ஆப்பிரிக்காவிலும் உள்ளனர்.

உலகிலேயே நைஜர் நாட்டில் தான் மிக அதிகபட்சமாக மொத்த மக்கள் தொகையில் 93 சதவீதம் பேரும் வறுமையில் வாழ்கின்றனர்.

5.2 பில்லியன் மக்கள் வசிக்கும் 104 நாடுகளில் நடத்தப்படப்பட்ட ஆய்வில் 1.7 பில்லியன் மக்கள் வறுமையில் தான் உள்ளனர்.

Sarna
13th July 2010, 02:18 PM
thanks to the illusional state gifted by (ip)IT industry.... or else the surveys report might be like 26 states out of 28 in India are under poverty line :|

app_engine
14th July 2010, 01:24 AM
BBC: வறுமை - இந்தியா முதலிடம் (http://www.bbc.co.uk/tamil/news/story/2010/07/100713_indiano1.shtml)

What makes one really angry is that this is almost entirely due to lack of good governance. In the case of most other nations, the reasons are varied - lack of resources, prone to natural calamities / disasters, war, no development etc.

OTOH, almost all such causes are absent in Bharath. The nation has the best HR, decent food resources (supposedly self-sufficient, means capable of feeding all mouths), decent mineral wealth, typically only some parts get affected by disasters and the effects can generally be nullified by mobilizing resources from the rest of the country, decent technological development etc.

Despite all these favourable factors, why there should be hunger / malnutrition / abject living conditions?

One reason - greed of those who rule / those who have power :-( suraNdi suraNdi store wealth in swiss banks :-(

If some kind of "mass-realization" does not take place, there could be a lot more strengthening of extreme movements in the country, like maoists of today:-(

Sarna
14th July 2010, 10:15 AM
Despite all these favourable factors, why there should be hunger / malnutrition / abject living conditions?

One reason - greed of those who rule / those who have power :-( suraNdi suraNdi store wealth in swiss banks :-(

may be one among the reason...but largely in cities.... HUMANITY lost among humans... MONEY has become the character/culture/lifestyle etc of humans :( MONEY-LESS humanbeings are superfluous :(

Punnaimaran
14th July 2010, 06:29 PM
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/mother-jailed-for-sex-with-14yearold-son/126667-19-93.html?from=hp

New York: A mother from Michigan who pleaded guilty to having sex with her 14-year-old biological son, who she gave up for adoption when he was an infant was sentenced to a prison term of nine to 30 years.

Aimee L Sword, 36, apologised for her actions at her sentencing on Monday in Oakland County Circuit Court, the Detroit Free Press has reported.

Sword, who traced her son now 16 through the Facebook, received yearly updates and pictures from the boy's adoptive family in Grand Rapids, according to her attorney Mitchell Ribitwer.

Ribitwer said Sword had been sexually and physically abused as a child. "When she saw this boy, something just touched off in her -- and it wasn't a mother-son relationship, it was a boyfriend girlfriend relationship," the lawyer said.

"Aimee's searching for a reason why this happened. She can't understand it. She's going to get some counselling," she added, noting the boy knew Sword was his biological mother. Investigators said she had sex with the teen in a Grand Rapids hotel and also at homes in Waterford in 2008, the report said.

But Sword, who was a Macy's makeup counter clerk, pleaded guilty to having sex with the boy once. Married at the time, Sword shared her home with her husband and five other children, toddlers to late teens, according to the newspaper.

The teen stayed for a while with his biological mother but after he returned to Grand Rapids, he talked about the incidents to a counsellor, who reported them to police.

"It's the first time I've really seen something like that between a mother-son," Oakland County Prosecutor Jessica Cooper said after the sentencing.

The judge sentenced Sword 30 years prison, with a non-parole period of nine years.

?????????????????????

app_engine
17th July 2010, 05:38 PM
உயர்நிலை - மேல்நிலைக்கல்வி - போலிச்சான்றிதழ்கள் (http://www.dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=580874&disdate=7/17/2010)

app_engine
17th July 2010, 05:43 PM
The police department's report on the fake mark sheet scandal :

http://www.dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=580845&disdate=7/17/2010

quo vadis, TN?

Lambretta
18th July 2010, 11:13 PM
Mumbai police are facing a strange case of rape in which the victim has not even seen the criminal. There is a new way to rape women. The victim left the office after work and saw a little child crying on the road.

Feeling pity for the child, she went and asked what happened. The child said, "I am lost can you take me home please?" Then the child gave her a slip and told the girl where the address is. The girl, being an average kind person, didn't suspect anything and took the child there. And there when she arrived to the "child's home", she pressed the door bell, she received a shock as the bell was wired with high voltage, the girl fainted.

The next day when she woke up, she found herself in an empty house up in the hills, with nothing on. She didn't even get to see the face of the attacker...Nowadays crimes are targeted on kind people. Next time if the same situation occurs, never bring the child to the intended place. If the child insists, then bring the child to the police station. Lost children are best sent to police stations. Please send this to all your female friends.

Forward it to all the women you care about.

pavalamani pragasam
18th July 2010, 11:25 PM
:frightened:

app_engine
19th July 2010, 06:48 AM
மதிப்பெண் சீட்டு மோசடி (http://www.dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=581317&disdate=7/19/2010)

Looks like the culprits targeted those who apply for re-valuation, hoping to improve the marks. Most of them had >1000 marks in +2 and wanted to improve their chances of getting a better college during counseling (in medical / engg etc).

Very unfortunate that they fell to the bait of "accelerating the process" by paying some money :-(

It's a warning to anyone who thinks they can accelerate a regular gov procedure by paying bribe!

app_engine
21st July 2010, 01:41 AM
cold blooded (http://www.dinamalar.com/News_Detail.asp?Id=43725)

app_engine
22nd July 2010, 09:34 PM
Looks like the Poovarasi case is causing lot of flutter in TN. Look at this news :

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/news/2010/07/22/adhithya-murder-poovarasi-prisoners-attack-puzhal.html

app_engine
26th July 2010, 08:12 PM
நடராஜனுக்கு லெக்ஸஸ் கார் இறக்குமதி வழக்கில் 2 வருட தண்டனை (http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/news/2010/07/26/natarajan-baskaran-2-year-jail-car-import-fraud.html)

The numbers are somewhat confusing - I'm always amused whenever they talk about car prices / duty amounts in "crores" (because the prices in $ terms are not that high for such cars in the U.S.). In any case, that this took so many years puts a shame on judicial system of the country, once again!

One comment from that website :

அது எந்த வருஷ கார், எவ்வளவு வரி கட்டி இருக்கணும், அப்பிடின்னு கண்டுபிடிக்க பதினாறு வருஷம். கோர்ட் எல்லாத்தையும் இழுத்து மூடிட்டு அங்க எல்லாம் இட்லி கடை ஆரம்பிக்கலாம்.

app_engine
29th July 2010, 08:14 PM
How many such people does police dept have? சாஸ்திரக்கனி - என்ன பேரு இது (http://www.maalaisudar.com/newsindex.php?id=35029%20&%20section=1)

Roshan
30th July 2010, 03:31 PM
[tscii:3caad41005]
Poor school children labelled criminals
29 Jul 2010, 1835 hrs IST

The height of discrimination being practiced in private schools. Bethany High School, a top school in Bangalore, has sent out a circular to the parents of their students and through this circular the school has warned them against the provisions of the Right to Education.

Being alarmist and downright distasteful, the circular says that admitting poor students into the school will be detrimental to the psyche of those that are already studying there.

Thats not all, what's even more shocking is that the school has equated poor children to criminals adding that such students could beat up other students as well as teach them bad habits.

The circular also implies that these underprivileged childen are likely to misbehave with girls and teachers, going on to add that none of this would then be the school's responsibility and that the school will be able to do nothing as according to the RTE, students cannot be thrown out of school.

Bethany High School circular reads:

Kindly do not ignore this circular as it affects your child's future directly

Any child will have to be allowed into school and share the classroom with your child. Eminent psychologists have said that this will be detrimental to the psyche of all the children.

Once this Act is enforced, another child could beat up your child, smoke on the campus, misbehave with a girl or a teacher and the school will have to watch helplessly.

‘We'll question the school'

HRD Minister Kapil Sibal has slammed the school over the 'elitist circular'. Sibal calls school's circular discriminatory and says the ministry will the school. He questioned whether the school thinks a 6 year old will misbehave.

TIMES NOW asks:

- Are poor children criminals just because they are poor?

- Will children in private schools get corrupted if poor children study with them ?

http://www.timesnow.tv/Poor-school-children-labelled-criminals/articleshow/4350628.cms

[/tscii:3caad41005]