PDA

View Full Version : Awards exclusively for Miscellaneous Topics section

Pages : 1 [2]

Roshan
18th February 2005, 08:51 AM
Ayyyoooo yaarum enna adikka varaatheenga !! :shock: :P

Shekhar,

This is what happens when you pass the mic. on to the wrong person :wink: :P :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

jaiganes
18th February 2005, 08:52 AM
Congrats Shakthi Prabha!!
I am proud that a Bangalorean has been chosen for the coveted award. !!!
:thumbsup: :wave:

Go Bangalore GO!!!

NM
18th February 2005, 09:02 AM
Roshan :lol: :lol: :lol: good award!

Shakti..congratulations :clap:

a.ratchasi
18th February 2005, 09:33 AM
Oh Roshan! :lol:

Querida
18th February 2005, 10:34 AM
wow each time i check this thread...it's like a whirlwind discussion...glad i wasn't at the uni lab..or i would have looked weird stifling laughter over all these jests. jabs and jokes anyways

i nominate arihantarihant007 for scariest avatar award and his blazing skull, any other nominations?

Hey shoutout to Davie...more than where you been...glad you back :D

Akash
18th February 2005, 02:41 PM
I nominate "Mr. Mandakkai" for his Scariest Avatar(avatharam)

Akash
18th February 2005, 02:43 PM
Any way, i have a chance to ask Querida about her Avatar.... I dunno, when ever i c yr avatar with Icy cold Eyes, is'nt it some thing like a Cold blooded gal, waiting for her next victim?? :huh: ?

NM
18th February 2005, 02:48 PM
Shouldn't we give him "the Best Hub Promoter" award??
Without him, surely, scorpio and I would have taken many more moons to be promoted to a "Regular" and soon to be "devoted". And, U, Akash, are nearing the century mark....Even annamalai serial failed to do that!! :rotfl: :lol: :lol:

jaiganes
18th February 2005, 02:55 PM
Next award is a tightly contested one. It is about the "Best Ragger of the hub". It is awarded to hubbers who are dedicated to making newbie hubbers feel like fishes in a pool of molten lava. The raggers establish the "pecking order" of the hubber species (according to Hehehewalrus). Any hubber not agreeing or conforming to their pecking order is chased all over the hub universe till the newbies either disappear or concede loss. The nominations for this coveted award are:
A) MadMax/BadBoy for giving a harrowing time to Surya, hemant Trvedi and last but not least to NOV and RR.

B) Blah Blah for harrowing Praveen Kumar Mandangi.

C) Sandeep for harrowing Praveen Kumar Mandangi

D) Scorpio for dissecting, analysing and questioning Praveen Kumar Mandangi across various threads and persecuting him for among other things his photograph in his site.

E) NM for regularly blonking the living daylights out of junior and even regular hubbers like yours truly.

And the award goes to...

S C O R P I O !!!!! :thumbsup: :rotfl: :clap:

NM
18th February 2005, 02:57 PM
Bravo..scorpio!! :lol: :lol:

Akash
18th February 2005, 02:57 PM
Scorpio, the man of Mandakkai's....
CONGRATS :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

blahblah
18th February 2005, 03:00 PM
Scorpio,three Mandakkais to you! :lol:

jaiganes
18th February 2005, 03:07 PM
Hey Aakaasu!
Scorpio is a lady and that is the discovery/shock of the century for our friends NOV and blahblah. i thought it would be better to inform you! And blah blah you came very close to winning this award, but for "cross thread chase and attack" style of scorpio, which you lack, you would have won!!!

scorpio
18th February 2005, 03:07 PM
JG and others,

A BIG Thankyou! :wave: My first award on the hub though I received few nominations earlier!

If I've beaten Mad Max and BB to get this coveted award, then I'm surprised that I must be really having something in me! :tongueout:

Would like to thank NM, Akash, BlahBlah and Sandeep ( sorry, if i've left out any others who too were laughing wildly in front of their computers ) for their unstinted back-end support.

It's my honour this award is given by none other than the 'HUB-PROTECTOR - JG !

NM
18th February 2005, 03:15 PM
You are welcome, Scorpio....
We are honored to have an award winner among us...ha hah
Now, would you kindly attend the Academy award presentation in the Hub happenings by Akash? You are wanted there, dear.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roshan
18th February 2005, 03:24 PM
But I was thinking that the guy was giving you guys a rag and not the other way around :lol: He had been sucessful even with greats like Rohit and the sensibles like Joe !! :lol:

I would also like to remind you guys the message posted by Shekhar yesterday regarding him. Please guys.....lets move on to something else !!

Akash
18th February 2005, 03:38 PM
Roshan, we are moving..... we just started that topic just talk about current affair, any way we consider Mandakkai as y'day's affair... now todays affair is SCORPIO THE GAL!!!

God, i can belive this..... scorpio, r u a gal?/ i can't believe Scorpio a gal.... If you r a gal, pls change to GUY..... we can't take that :((... let me continue that on currect affair :wink:

Roshan
18th February 2005, 03:44 PM
Roshan, we are moving.....

At last !!! Hope others too would follow same !!

scorpio
18th February 2005, 03:47 PM
Akash,

"scorpio, r u a gal?"

Yup, I believe so !
:o

"i can't believe Scorpio a gal...."

Sorry, I can't help :roll:

"If you r a gal, pls change to GUY..... we can't take that "
Ellarum purinchukittu pacify aayitangha, neeyum try pannu. As far as -Change to GUY - :twisted: :twisted:

Akash
18th February 2005, 04:09 PM
Ellarum purinchukittu pacify aayitangha, neeyum try pannu.
Saringa.... :roll:

blahblah
18th February 2005, 04:49 PM
Hey Aakaasu!
Scorpio is a lady and that is the discovery/shock of the century for our friends NOV and blahblah. i thought it would be better to inform you! And blah blah you came very close to winning this award, but for "cross thread chase and attack" style of scorpio, which you lack, you would have won!!!

Oops!I know I came very close to this award and if I didn't have two pms from the mods and if they haven't deleted some of my posts,I would certainly have won it. :cry: :cry: :cry: Thanks to Mnadangi,I will try for more awards of this sort. :lol:

Querida
19th February 2005, 12:32 AM
Any way, i have a chance to ask Querida about her Avatar.... I dunno, when ever i c yr avatar with Icy cold Eyes, is'nt it some thing like a Cold blooded gal, waiting for her next victim?? :huh: ?

really a cold blooded gal? Geez Akash this is what i get saying your avatar is cool? A stab in the eye...i really didn't think you'd see things this way but then again sometimes words are blind to feeling... :roll:
anyways i really like this avatar got it after bugging the admins...guess if i had stuck with the lotus you would have said the petals were too pointy sharp :P

mellon
19th February 2005, 12:47 AM
guess if i had stuck with the lotus you would have said the petals were too pointy sharp :P

Wow, that is a good one, Q. Guess what Q? Everything looks sharp because of lack of a sharp u k w. It is lieterally ironic or not! :roll:

Querida
19th February 2005, 01:13 AM
:lol: good one mellon :thumbsup:

hey just a question mellon...does your username have anything to do with mellon-carnegie uni?

Cindy
22nd February 2005, 06:49 PM
What next Shekhar? Intha thread - ei maranthutteengala?

Shekhar
23rd February 2005, 03:44 PM
Hi Cindy,
Nice to see you glittering again!!

I thought may be the others were keen to give their own awards.. :roll:

Before I get to the next award, let me give bit of a background.
You open the thread on Landing on Mars, and you see a discussion on the love habits of chimpanzees in Africa …
You open the thread on How to make a marriage work, you find out that the discussion is about remedy for head aches in Ayurveda!! :lol: :lol:
Somewhere along the road, the thread is derailed, and the participants are happily busy about discussing whatever is going on, without worrying about the poor author of the thread, who must be banging his head against the wall, or will have deserted and migrated to some other thread quietly. (Please note I have said ‘his’ head not ‘her’) :)

This award is to those hubbers who are pioneers in derailing the threads and stick to their tasks with enviable enthusiasm.

Now ..The award for the Great Thread Snapper…

The Nominees are…

Surya… if there is a scent of Hinduism in the hub, he feels that the religion needs him to defend it with all the vigour.. (though it has survived and flourished without his help for the past five thousand years…)

Mad Max and Bad boy… who feel that the world needs them to defend against RSS at every instance of a remote reference to Hinduism… though neither India nor the world at large is exactly wilting from its threat. The President of India is a muslim, the Prime Minister a Sikh and the Presdient of the ruling party is a Christian!!

Shekhar … who cannot resist the temptation of putting a wise-crack irrespective of the seriousness of the discussion going on.. and many times gets back more than what he had asked for..

All the members of Female hubbers Co Inc., … for diverting any discussion into private exchaaaaaaaaaaaaaange of pleasantries from “Hi, welcome back…” to “I wouldn’t tolerate my MIL doing anything like this!!:mrgreen: :rotfl:

And the award goes to ….. the inimitable FH clones…MM and BB. :lol: :lol: :P :lol2:

a.ratchasi
23rd February 2005, 03:55 PM
Shekhar, I wonder what other awards you have in mind! :lol:
Anyways, please come up with more gems such as this! :thumbsup:

jaiganes
23rd February 2005, 04:04 PM
Congrats MM and BB!
thanks again to shekhar for not allowing this thread from derialing or getting snapped!!! :D :D

Cygnus
23rd February 2005, 09:12 PM
Congratulations Shekhar! :D

You have firmly established yourself as the "Resident Satirist" of the Hub!

Mad Max
24th February 2005, 05:43 AM
the inimitable FH clones…MM and BB. :lol: :lol: :P :lol2:

Hey...we are clowns, not clones! We are great crowd pleasers with our witty antics!

Don't tell me that the acerbic wit that we display while we hunt the RSS drones is not entertaining! Hehehe! :) :mrgreen: :)

mandangi
24th February 2005, 08:30 AM
Guys I admit my lapse.. I visited the Gals and boys thread and after reading the prophet balu's posting, I decided that I have no time to waste on such trash. But truly missed Mandangi's gems.

Mandangi has to be declared as the hubber of the year, and anybody dare contradict this?!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

On behalf of all my fellow hubbers, I warn the moderators, that they should not delete or edit or send a pm to Sri. Mandangi, the Indian answer to Sylvister Stallone, so that he continues to post like he is doing with greater fervor. :rotfl: :rotfl:
There are people who have more dare than me. Politicians use caste and religion for vote bank politics. Some politicians also try to attract people of all religions by name of secularism. Politicians do not dare to talk against caste or religion so that they will loose their vote bank. CPM Andhra Pradesh state leader Mr Bodapati Veera Raghavulu is very dare politician. He publicly said that he do not believe god and not support any religion. His wife S Punyavaty is state leader of All India Democratic Womens Federation. She is also very dare woman. She talks against male domination very darely. I am having many propganda websites other than this hub and geocities pages. I too need not fear to any one.

Shekhar
24th February 2005, 09:34 AM
Mr. Mandangi,

I am extremely sorry. I should have included your name also in the nominations for the Thread Snapper award. You truly deserved it.

Hubbers..please forgive me for an other lapse.. :) :)

By the way, Mr. Mandangi, will you kindly tell me what you are talking about above? :roll:

mandangi
24th February 2005, 10:05 AM
I am saying that i am dare person and i have no need to fear about criticisms of any one. I dont bother what ever my opposers think. I know about many great personalities. Those people also faced many criticisms. They did not fear to any body. I too do not fear to any body.

jaiganes
24th February 2005, 10:06 AM
Shekhar !
go to his(Praveen Kumar's) website pa!
If you ask him and he replies, blahblah and scorpio will not be far behind and you will soon start thinking who deserved the thread snapper award. :wink: :)

blahblah
24th February 2005, 10:35 AM
Shekhar !
If you ask him and he replies, blahblah and scorpio will not be far behind and you will soon start thinking who deserved the thread snapper award. :wink: :)

No! No takers here Sir.We have already done that in many other threads! :lol:

I will leave Shekhar and his awards alone,but don't take it too far with this guy and his Andhra and Srikakulam stories! :evil:

Akash
24th February 2005, 10:37 AM
Think our bunny is always fond of THAT RADISH, jumps straight to it!! :lol: :lol: Think this is how Blah Blah feels GOOD MORNING!! :D :D

blahblah
24th February 2005, 10:42 AM
Think our bunny is always fond of THAT RADISH, jumps straight to it!! :lol: :lol: Think this is how Blah Blah feels GOOD MORNING!! :D :D

Who will leave a steaming hot breakfast,if it is there for you to take?And you shouldn't say that!We all saw what you did to the guy last few days! :lol:

And it is time to stop as we are already going away from the topic.

scorpio
24th February 2005, 10:48 AM
Shekhar !

JG,
Enna kozhuppa!

What is that 'website pa' in yr posting. Were u reading Niro's posts too much? :lol:

jaiganes
24th February 2005, 11:14 AM
scorpio wrote:

What is that 'website pa' in yr posting. Were u reading Niro's posts too much?

All small inspiration. Shekhar bhayya responds only if this suffix is there in posts. I guess it is all to do with the avatar. so..... chumma thamaashu..

jaiganes
25th February 2005, 02:46 PM
scorpio wrote:

JG,
Enna kozhuppa!

See you are also not able to avoid it... It is infectious pa! :wink: .
:lol: :lol:

scorpio
25th February 2005, 02:48 PM
Tubelight JG, ippo thaan kandupudichiyapa ??

jaiganes
25th February 2005, 02:52 PM
scorpio akka wrote:

Tubelight JG, ippo thaan kandupudichiyapa ??
Candle light sister! The answer is yes.

Cindy
25th February 2005, 09:27 PM
Ennappa...
vidungappa..
adutha award kudungappa...
Shekhar bhaiyya.. inge konjam vangappa

Shekhar
27th February 2005, 05:53 PM
Now for the award of "The Most Imaginative Thread"...
They are so imaginative that it defies your imagination, why such threads came in to existence in FH :shock: :D

The nominees are...

"Parthiv patel is soooooooooooooooooo cute".........I couldn't imagine there could be any discussion on this..but still the author and the participants are so imaginative that to this date there are 84 postings :!: :o :o

"Is it correct to carry camera mobile phones" ..... What an inspiring thread??? Correct?.... I haven't been able to understand the meaning and relevence of this word here... :roll: :roll:

"Success in Love".... What a great theme!!! I have been imagining how to define success here... ending up in bed!! :lol: :lol: ending up in marraige manadap?? :lol: :lol: Great thread.... :P

"Who is great? men or women find out".. Sure I wanted to find out :lol: there should be a special award for the author 8) :P

And finally, "To pierce are not to pierce".. What a thread of an elusive author assuming feminine identiy scratching an itch :wink: :roll:

And the award goes to.... unimaginably imaginative "To pierce or not to pierce" :lol: :lol: :lol:
But the award is to be received not by the author, but by the wonderful participants..led by Shaktiprabha..(Shekhar excluded, ofcourse.. :wink: ) :lol: :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl:

NM
27th February 2005, 07:25 PM
Shakti........congratulations!!!! :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roshan
28th February 2005, 10:26 AM
Shekhar,

The "thread snapper award" was a good one !! :)

Akash
28th February 2005, 10:34 AM
And the award goes to.... unimaginably imaginative "To pierce or not to pierce" :lol: :lol: :lol: :

Perfect Choice :lol: :lol:
Congrats :D

blahblah
28th February 2005, 04:49 PM
But the award is to be received not by the author, but by the wonderful participants..led by Shaktiprabha..(Shekhar excluded, ofcourse.. :wink: ) :lol: :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yes Go ahead captain,we are all with you! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Shekhar
2nd March 2005, 01:23 PM
I think it is time we formally closed this thread.. with one last award and a few comments.

The award for the Most Illuminating and Vibrant thread..

A few threads have been, fun to visit, a few, thought provoking, a few enlightening, a few waken you up, a few make you feel that visiting FH was worthwhile. These threads have stood out amid acrimony, hatred, vulgarity, sheer insanity and levity. It will be befitting that we honour these threads though they are very very few.

The nominees for the award are,

"Ulgam enbadhu...", by Neo_Morpheus.. the wonderful thread that has stood the test of time..perhaps the longest running thread.

"Where are those happy days"...by Hemant, which brought out a lot about life and took the hubbers to mood of remniscence.

"Violence against women" by PP Mam .... which opened up hearts and wounds, tenderness and prejudices, and above all kindled the slumbering concern in our hearts.

"Interesting Anecdotes" by NOV.. which opened up leaves of life containing gems of experience..

And the award goes to the outstanding "Ulgam enbadhu..." which has evoked poetry in our hearts. :clap: :clap: :clap:

In this thread I have pulled some legs, made a few angry, embarassed a few.. but all for a bit of humour without any animosity or spite.
I hope this thread has served us more than a few laughs, in a way that it has made us look inside, into ourselves...
I apologise for my crudeness to Mrs. Pavalamani Pragasam who is an extraordinary learned hubber, whom I hold in very high esteem..(She would be truly extremely charming if she could laugh a bit more!! :) .. see I can't resist myself.. :wink: )

During this thread if I have hurt any feelings of any hubber, my most sincere, unconditional apologies...

Roshan
2nd March 2005, 01:41 PM
Hey Shekhar !!

Why would you want to close this thread?? It's one of the most entertaining and interesting threads with your excellent humour. We do not want to see this thread being closed. I'm sure the others would agree with me. Please continue Sir !!!

Roshan
2nd March 2005, 01:45 PM
BTW, thanks for the award for "Ulagam enbathu" :D

I have posted a wonderful poem of Abdul Rahman there. You would definitely like it. But who is going to do the transliteration for you? :roll: May be geno, cygnus, PP , Shakthi or any one who is good at it (I'm not one definitely )

jaiganes
2nd March 2005, 02:17 PM
Shekhar! why this sudden hurry to close an interesting thread?

blahblah
2nd March 2005, 02:18 PM
Ran out of ideas,right,Shekhar? :wink:

Roshan
2nd March 2005, 02:19 PM

Hope there wasn't any pressure from the Admins and Mods :twisted:

Roshan
2nd March 2005, 02:20 PM
Ran out of ideas,right,Shekhar? :wink:

As if you had plenty of ideas :P :lol:

blahblah
2nd March 2005, 02:22 PM
As if you had plenty of ideas :P :lol:

Roshan,don't force me to come out with a dozen awards just for you! :lol: :lol:

Roshan
2nd March 2005, 02:43 PM
:lol: :lol:

pavalamani pragasam
2nd March 2005, 03:38 PM
Thanx, Shekhar :D I am not always that serious :wink: A pity you cant read my Tamil articles :cry: I definitely have some humour, a sarcastic one at thtat. Do you visit the story section? :? Try it if time permits. :)

NOV
2nd March 2005, 07:46 PM

Hope there wasn't any pressure from the Admins and Mods :twisted:
Yeah right! If all fails, blame it on us....

Querida
3rd March 2005, 04:25 AM
ok NOV-san as you wish...everything that isn't already blamed on admins will from now on will be...

so favourite scapegoat award goes to the admins :wink: :lol:

hey NOV-san don't worry just kidding
manusaala summaa NOVaadikkelai!

Cygnus
3rd March 2005, 05:43 AM
The most attention grabbing (intentionally?!! :roll: ) thread constantly waving goodbye but always getting reeled back in with popular requests:

The nominees are.......

Awards for misc topics section

ummm....well it seems that Shekhar and his "Awards..." thread win the coveted prize with no contest whatsoever!!!! :wink: :lol2:

Querida
3rd March 2005, 08:22 AM
haha Cygnus i thought you were talking of a certain island gurl though the popular requests are made by herself :P :twisted:

Shekhar
3rd March 2005, 09:34 AM
The most attention grabbing (intentionally?!! :roll: ) thread constantly waving goodbye but always getting reeled back in with popular requests:

You too Cygnus?!!! :cry: :cry: Ha Ha.. :) :)
No. I closed this thread once before, due to some misunderstanding. I am closing now well and truly for the following reasons.
1. A thread should be closed at the right time when it is sweet, otherwise it degenerates and becomes insipid. Like a guest. He should leave when you want him to stay still, not when you wonder when he is going to leave.. :roll:
2. I have become extremely busy, with three projects on my hands, working against dead lines. I have hardly any time to spend before FH, unlike the ladies around who spend hours before FH, while their poor husabands cook, wash, go to office to earn enough money to pay for the internet charges!!! :D :P
3. As blahblah has rightly said, I have ran out of ideas. How can I generate ideas when my mind is overoccupied with my work on hand? :roll:
Most of the threads either die prematurely due to lack of participation or degnerate into trash. I dont want to see that happening to my thread. That's why I have always closed my threads. :roll:

Shekhar
3rd March 2005, 09:40 AM
Also... Hub Admins and Mods had nothing to with this move..
They have been very nice and kind to me. They have never deleted or edited my comments nor have I received any PM from them so far 8) :) :)

jaiganes
3rd March 2005, 09:43 AM
Shekhar wrote:

unlike the ladies around who spend hours before FH, while their poor husabands cook, wash, go to office to earn enough money to pay for the internet charges!!!

Now this doesn't seem to be coming from a person who genuinely wants to close a thread..!!!!
Either you want to prolong this thread for 100 more weeks or you simply want the thread to go up and out in flames!!!:wink:
Either way! Congrats buddy! Enjoy your work!! best of luck.

NOV
3rd March 2005, 09:58 AM
Also... Hub Admins and Mods had nothing to with this move..
They have been very nice and kind to me. They have never deleted or edited my comments nor have I received any PM from them so far 8) :) :)Well Shekhar that is because you have been an exemplary hubber. ;)
We are so sorry to hear that you now have less important work than hubbing, and that your priorities now are for those irritants. Hope that you will attend to them fast and come back to more pressing matters here.

scorpio
3rd March 2005, 11:38 AM
Well said NOV!!

Shekhar,

You are not a heroine nor this is film industry to retire when your fame is at its peak! :lol:

Why close such an interesting thread? With more hubbers joining the forum and few intelligent discussions going on (thanks to PP Ma'm, the author of such threads), we need you more and more pa! (Niro, pl. excuse)

When you can balance your life between Saturday night parties and your wife wonderfully, you can also balance FH and project deadlines!

Roshan
3rd March 2005, 11:45 AM
:lol: :lol2:

pavalamani pragasam
3rd March 2005, 03:31 PM
"I have hardly any time to spend before FH, unlike the ladies around who spend hours before FH, while their poor husabands cook, wash, go to office to earn enough money to pay for the internet charges!!!" - Shekhar! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: