PDA

View Full Version : Bollywood flicks discussion lounge

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

kid-glove
15th April 2010, 03:23 PM
Deepika Padukone > Trisha :cool:

Love Sex aur Dhokha..Want to watch this one..

P_R
15th April 2010, 03:42 PM
I watched a full hour of Priyadarshan torture "Mere Baap Pehle Aap" this weekend because of this girl.
:lol: ennadhunga idhu?

Genie, Akshayaye Khanna pair up AK's fazscher (Austin Powers pronunciation) Paresh Rawal with - clutch heart here - Shobana.

Omburi Priyadarshan kitta lumbA vaddikku vaangi mAttikkittu, nadichu kazhikkuraar-nu ninAikkurEn.

And they shot pretty much half the movie in Mayajaal ! MunkoottiyE solliyirundhA naama pOyi RajpAl yAdav mEla kall vutturukkalaam.

Plum
15th April 2010, 04:59 PM
It was a remake of a Malayalam movie(what else do you expect from Priyan) Ishtam. THe original itself was a so-so, so one can guess how desparate Priyan has become sourcing for movies to remake.

Plum
15th April 2010, 04:59 PM
Well, ofcourse, they managed to make it worse by bollywoodizing it.

app_engine
15th April 2010, 07:50 PM
my name in Khhhan.
ஒரு முறை பார்க்கலாம். நீளம் கொஞ்சம் கூடுதல். இசை = இரைச்சல்.

raghavendran
16th April 2010, 07:17 PM
And Deepika can't act for nuts.

she was so natural when says "how" with a thol shrug in pepsi ad woth run-beer 2 yrs back.........i did get deceived by her expressive eyes and smile - she was good in love aaj kal too with a couple of stock expressions........but now i think she is the female version of ranbir with 2-3 stock expressions for all situations/scenes.............

Genelia still is light years ahead of these girls :)
ya genelia way better...lovely expressions :)

MADDY
17th April 2010, 04:52 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulel

Running with the Bulls[1] (working title) is an upcoming Hindi film, directed by Zoya Akhtar and produced by Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani of Excel Entertainment. It will star Hrithik Roshan, Abhay Deol and Farhan Akhtar. The female roles are played by Kalki Koechlin and Katrina Kaif where the latter is said to be paired with Hrithik Roshan.[2]. The music will be composed by Shankar Ehsaan Loy.[3]

MADDY
17th April 2010, 04:54 PM
and Abhay Deol's first action film - directed by Navdeep singh(manorama six feet under fame)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basra_%28film%29

MADDY
17th April 2010, 05:00 PM
Anurag written "Muskurake dekh zara" has released - got to see if it has released in chennai :D

Sid_316
18th April 2010, 02:16 PM
Love Sex Aur Dhoka - Awesome Engaging stuff. one of the best bolly hard hitting movie in recent times..so so different. Highly recommended to all :thumbsup:

jinju
20th April 2010, 03:06 PM
love sex aur dhokha.

dare any indian cinema fan miss it :D !

raghavendran
20th April 2010, 05:50 PM
love sex aur dhokha.

dare any indian cinema fan miss it :D ! :shock:

raghavendran
20th April 2010, 05:51 PM
and Abhay Deol's first action film - directed by Navdeep singh(manorama six feet under fame)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basra_%28film%29 :thumbsup: ....sendhamarai :lol: :lol:

great
20th April 2010, 09:09 PM
Ishqiya. Watchable once, except the climax. Twist didnt worked for me.

Music was good, esp dil to bacha hai ji :musicsmile:

raghavendran
24th April 2010, 05:54 PM
KAMINEY...
watched it recently...1 of the best action films of recent times..action means hardcore action...screenplay's importance is evident..sahahid- :notworthy: ..gr8 transmisson...his thirst for tryng out diff roles is visible..very natural actor...shows difference between 2 charecters only inperformance..without 0% change in getup...music and cinematography :notworthy:

P_R
24th April 2010, 10:59 PM
Manasarovar

Nothing great. vaLarum kalaingargaLai urchaagap paduthum vidhamaaga oru thadavai paarkalaam.

Indian English-la avvaLo dhaan varum pOla.
Rupees 25 lakhs only it seems. adhukku nalla look-aavE vandhurukku.

Nerd
24th April 2010, 11:40 PM
Thambi Amit T'ku thread illaiyaa??

His next - 'Admissions open' has been released. Two songs caught my attention on first listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prWlMY1uO28 (Iktaraish)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fvusf65vGE (Rock/Jazz)

MADDY
25th April 2010, 08:40 AM
Thambi Amit T'ku thread illaiyaa??

His next - 'Admissions open' has been released. Two songs caught my attention on first listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prWlMY1uO28 (Iktaraish)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fvusf65vGE (Rock/Jazz)

goot songs but konjam repetetivea irukku.....innum edhir pakkuren but yea the second song has a raajaish "intent" of tweaking jazz :bow: (andha level-kku illa but good enuf).....

goot idea for new thread......we already have a thread for DevD and some lovely discussions in

http://mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=12426&start=60

if we someone can move that thread here to Indian films section and rename it as Amit Trivedi thread - it would be great......let me see - i'll PM NOV :D .....btw, inshallah, Amit is getting lot of offers :bow:

Year Film
2010 Admissions Open
2010 Conditions Applied
2010 Chiller Party
2010 Chamkila
2010 Bombay Velvet
2010 Aisha
2010 No One Killed Jessica
2011 Udaan

bolded ones are big movies :bow:

Plum
25th April 2010, 10:53 AM
Kashya's latest writing seems a pocket money movie :)

Bala (Karthik)
25th April 2010, 11:10 AM
if we someone can move that thread here to Indian films section and rename it as Amit Trivedi thread
:rotfl3: This is exactly like Puyal in that Sangar cement press conference!

BTW, I am also uruppinar, open pannunga aajar aidren

P.S: Press conference eppadi handil pannanumnu ella politicians sportsmen, actors kum indha clippings anuppanum

MADDY
25th April 2010, 11:32 AM
if we someone can move that thread here to Indian films section and rename it as Amit Trivedi thread
:rotfl3: This is exactly like Puyal in that Sangar cement press conference!

BTW, I am also uruppinar, open pannunga aajar aidren

P.S: Press conference eppadi handil pannanumnu ella politicians sportsmen, actors kum indha clippings anuppanum

endha press conference - sorry puriyala?? :confused2:

Bala (Karthik)
25th April 2010, 12:43 PM
See the kostin at 04:07 and its answer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLdX4-RPB1c)

P.S: See his expression at 02:08 :rotfl2:
P.S2: The press conference starts from 02:15 onwards

P_R
25th April 2010, 01:12 PM
P.S: See his expression at 02:08 :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl:

5:11 to 5:16 is :rotfl3:

Plum
25th April 2010, 02:41 PM
P.S: See his expression at 02:08 :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl:

5:11 to 5:16 is :rotfl3:
oru 5 minutes gapla evLO quotes

MADDY
25th April 2010, 05:59 PM
See the kostin at 04:07 and its answer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLdX4-RPB1c)

P.S: See his expression at 02:08 :rotfl2:
P.S2: The press conference starts from 02:15 onwards

how did i miss this piece all these years :rotfl3: :rotfl3:

Surya
25th April 2010, 08:38 PM
I just saw Karthik Calling Karthik. It wasn't bad, but wasn't really good either. The Director was obviously influenced by Contemp movies like "Numb" starrting Mathew Perry.

AravindMano
26th April 2010, 03:55 PM
[tscii:cc194c3872]Striker - Nice film. ‘Detailing’ seems to come very easily for many directors these days, like this film’s director – the milieu and the characters are neatly done – so ultimately what works in favor of a film is it’s story and this one does have an interesting one. Though the final moments were a bit clumsy, it didn’t affect me much.

Sidhdharth has done his part well - vERa padam varumA? The guy who played his friend was amazing. And poor Padmapriya, wasted!

Yuvan’s Haq sE! Cool song :thumbsup:
[/tscii:cc194c3872]

MADDY
27th April 2010, 12:03 PM
[tscii]Striker - Nice film. ‘Detailing’ seems to come very easily for many directors these days, like this film’s director – the milieu and the characters are neatly done – so ultimately what works in favor of a film is it’s story and this one does have an interesting one. Though the final moments were a bit clumsy, it didn’t affect me much

yeah, directors nowadays are so good in establishing the milieu but run out of steam and resort to cliches, convenience to move forward and finish the narration.........neraya pasanga ippadiye waste aaguraanga......

btw, striker came off as a clumsy movie to me all through.......... :?

Plum
27th April 2010, 12:12 PM
Maddy, do you feel that Bollywood has dropped off on momentum in the last one year. We have lesser and lesser of the outstanding movies or the offbeat ones?

And as with Striker, there seems to be a stagnancy in going beyond the milieu, which precisely was what the goat we had with TF.

It is like the average has gone up and the high average is sustaining but the peaks are less frequent now.

kid-glove
27th April 2010, 12:17 PM
Would you consider Raavan/an as a bolly product..

P_R
27th April 2010, 12:26 PM
Maddy, do you feel that Bollywood has dropped off on momentum in the last one year. We have lesser and lesser of the outstanding movies or the offbeat ones?

has anybody watched "Raat gayi baat gayi" ?
Tatasky has Paa and some Dino Morea movie on offer

kid-glove
27th April 2010, 12:30 PM
Nerd bro had watched "Raat gayi baat gayi".

Didn't you say it's Allenesque?

Plum
27th April 2010, 12:31 PM
"Paa"thetic movie.

P_R
27th April 2010, 12:47 PM
Nerd bro had watched "Raat gayi baat gayi".

Didn't you say it's Allenesque? The flot is.Apparently it is "Dude where's my fidelity". I haven't watched it yet.

MADDY
27th April 2010, 01:42 PM

And as with Striker, there seems to be a stagnancy in going beyond the milieu, which precisely was what the goat we had with TF.

It is like the average has gone up and the high average is sustaining but the peaks are less frequent now.

yes, maybe we havent watched much.......i havent watched anything in bollywood this year - ishqiya, karthik calling karthik, raat gayi baat gayi, tera kya hoga johnny, road movie (if they release).......but VB is making the movie with PC and 7 husbands, kashyapar's movie with kalki is due to release, couple of abhay deol's movies are due too along with abbas tyrewala's 1800 movie - samalichuduvaanga :D.....

MADDY
27th April 2010, 01:43 PM
Would you consider Raavan/an as a bolly product..

Ravan will be bolly
Raavanan will be kolly product :P

Plum
27th April 2010, 01:52 PM
Ishqiya - not so great. Typifies the discussion - flashy in parts but the whole is underwhelming

RGBG - didnt hear great reviews but Feeyar is putting weld movies connection. Sounds like will not be of much interest to me :-)

Road, Movie- released, flopped, critically turkey-ed. From all accounts, doesnt sound exciting either to me

Saat Khoon Maaf - let's see. Firiyanga in multiple get-ups/roles/situations-navUNE oru Whats your Raashee vaadai varudhu. Let's hope VB hasnt lost it. BTW, Mohanlal has walked out of this movie.

Karthik Karthik - dont know. Farhan Akthar isnt my cup of tea. Baradwajaruku pudichudhu(Farhan is his blue eyed boy). ingE yArum pArtha mAdhiri theriyala

Love Sex and Dhokha - oNyum thErala enakku. Thiruttu Cable-lA pArthuttu vimarsanam vEraiyAnnu kEppIngannu dhAn adakki vAsikkarEn.

P_R
27th April 2010, 02:23 PM
Ishqiya - not so great. egree

RGBG - didnt hear great reviews but Feeyar is putting weld movies connection. Sounds like will not be of much interest to me :-) This one is not directed by Rajat Kapoor. It is by Saurabh Shukla. He co-wrote Sathya, Mithya etc. But his directorial debut starred vibAsA and Maurya. So it is justified that he be considered guilty unless proven otherwise.

Saat Khoon Maaf - let's see. Firiyanga in multiple get-ups/roles/situations-navUNE oru Whats your Raashee vaadai varudhu. Let's hope VB hasnt lost it. Me too slight kavalai, after watching esakkiyA. VB kamaan.

Karthik Karthik - dont know. Farhan Akthar isnt my cup of tea. Baradwajaruku pudichudhu(Farhan is his blue eyed boy). ingE yArum pArtha mAdhiri theriyala Falls flat after buildup-nu kELvi pattEn.

Love Sex and Dhokha - oNyum thErala enakku. I don't think I'll like this one. Medium is the message. "What does it suggest to you" pOnRa padam-nu ninaikkaREn.

AravindMano
27th April 2010, 02:45 PM
neraya pasanga ippadiye waste aaguraanga......

Adhu ennavO vAsathavam dhaan!

kid-glove
27th April 2010, 02:46 PM
P_R is reading too much kamath.

P_R
27th April 2010, 03:16 PM
P_R is reading too much kamath.
Artikill title pArtha udanE padam eppidinnu purinjiruchu :-)

I remember Hindu praising Ishqiya, Karthik, RGBG.. all by Sudish Kamath IIRC.

raghavendran
27th April 2010, 06:08 PM

yes, maybe we havent watched much.......i havent watched anything in bollywood this year - ishqiya, karthik calling karthik, raat gayi baat gayi, tera kya hoga johnny, road movie (if they release).......but VB is making the movie with PC and 7 husbands, kashyapar's movie with kalki is due to release, couple of abhay deol's movies are due too along with abbas tyrewala's 1800 movie - samalichuduvaanga :D.....
mohanlal is 1 of the husbands :)

Plum
27th April 2010, 06:31 PM
Mohanlal has walked out of the movie.

Nerd
27th April 2010, 07:27 PM
LSD - Awesumm, but certainly not everyone's cup of tea.
RGBG - Kood. Funny.
Ishqiya/KcallingK - To be watched list

thamizh cinema-la enna irukku? ( :lol2: )

VTV - Kood
Angadi theru esta esta thERaadhu.

P_R
27th April 2010, 07:34 PM
VTV - Kood
Reviee ezhudhuneengaLA ? Ling ?

Nerd
27th April 2010, 07:46 PM
http://mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=2051907#2051907

I think this is the first time I have gone back searching for my own post :oops:

P_R
27th April 2010, 07:57 PM
http://mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=2051907#2051907Thank You.

I think this is the first time I have gone back searching for my own post :oops: Vanity ellAm vaLarthukka vEndiya verchoo.

Kambar_Kannagi
28th April 2010, 09:31 AM
Love, Sex and Dhoka

Didn't work for me. Felt like watching a freakin' documentary. What's so great about it? 3 sub stories are connected, thats all.
Nevertheless, the first story (love) is a relief to a certain extent.

Kambar_Kannagi
28th April 2010, 09:32 AM
RGBG - Kood. Funny.

What's RGBG?

MADDY
28th April 2010, 09:37 AM
RGBG - Kood. Funny.

What's RGBG?

Raat gayi baat gayi - directed by saurabh shukla

Kambar_Kannagi
28th April 2010, 09:41 AM
Thanks Maddy. Neengga LSD pArthAchA???

MADDY
28th April 2010, 10:45 AM

yet to watch - original DVD is out i heard - will watch it soon.......i was blown away from Khoslakaghosla and oye lucky lucky oye - so eagerly waiting to watch it..... :)

raghavendran
28th April 2010, 06:08 PM

yet to watch - original DVD is out i heard - will watch it soon.......i was blown away from Khoslakaghosla and oye lucky lucky oye - so eagerly waiting to watch it..... :)
andhe padam enne avvolo nalla irukka???...parkanum :o

tamizharasan
28th April 2010, 08:32 PM
Watched MNIK. The movie was okay. The movie would have been great if Karan Johar had avoided his usual melodramatic crap. Shah Rukh Khan's hardest try for acting even though he was completely influenced by Dustin Hoffman Rain man's character. SRK rarely impresses me but he did it in this movie. Movie is definitely worth watch for some of the honest portrayal of what is going on in USA and exposed Americans ignorance very well related to knowledge of other countries and other countries' culture.

Kambar_Kannagi
29th April 2010, 10:09 AM
Shah Rukh Khan's hardest try for acting

Ignorance is a bliss :D

even though he was completely influenced by Dustin Hoffman Rain man's character.

Anything they do, it must be associated by some xyz from Hollywood. Nice :D

tamizharasan
29th April 2010, 07:20 PM
[tscii]

Anything they do, it must be associated by some xyz from Hollywood. Nice :D

I hope you watched rain man. If not then it is like barking against the wall for me.

http://blogs.reuters.com/indiamasala/2010/02/11/my-name-is-khan-gimmicky-average-cinema/

one of the comments for this article

Alas! There is nothing original or even worthwhile about the three hour waste on the movie. Shah Rukh Khan is never original. In this movie he is pathetically trying to ape Dustin Hoffman of Rain Man. And the autistic character has pretty little relevance in the central theme.Is Karan Johar trying to draw mileage from the autism and the 9/11 subject in one go? Or did he just saw Rain Man (actually I have often wondered why nobody until now made a copy of Rain man, since most “good” Hindi movies have their originals in Hollywood!)?. The 9/11 aftermath has been portrayed too many times on the Hindi screen. Come on, give us a break! Karan Johar is only good at cashing on the Northern useless sentiments.

MADDY
29th April 2010, 08:27 PM
Muskurake dekh zara - "written by Anurag kashyap"-nnu ore oru line-a paathuttu padam paathadhu kutthhammaya?? :( ......it was a remake of vijay film youth :sigh: - Anurag adapted from the original telugu script and the title read "story, screenplay, dialogue" by Anurag kashyap :) ...........it was 80% similar to youth with around 50% banality of youth........dialogues were sharp as expected from Anurag but had too much of original script's influence in it.......some lines were good though:

P1: aisa karna, shoba nahi deti aapko
P2: shoba kya deti, kya nahi deti, mujhe koi interest nahin

:lol:

raghavendran
29th April 2010, 09:31 PM
Muskurake dekh zara - "written by Anurag kashyap"-nnu ore oru line-a paathuttu padam paathadhu kutthhammaya?? :( ......it was a remake of vijay film youth :sigh: - Anurag adapted from the original telugu script and the title read "story, screenplay, dialogue" by Anurag kashyap :) ...........it was 80% similar to youth with around 50% banality of youth........dialogues were sharp as expected from Anurag but had too much of original script's influence in it.......some lines were good though:

P1: aisa karna, shoba nahi deti aapko
P2: shoba kya deti, kya nahi deti, mujhe koi interest nahin

:lol: :mrgreen:

Plum
29th April 2010, 09:59 PM
Allov, adhaan warn paNNi irundhEnE this is a pocket money movie by anurag-nu? pArkaliyA?

Kambar_Kannagi
30th April 2010, 07:43 AM
[tscii:852c5728a7]

I hope you watched rain man. If not then it is like barking against the wall for me.

http://blogs.reuters.com/indiamasala/2010/02/11/my-name-is-khan-gimmicky-average-cinema/

Alas! There is nothing original or even worthwhile about the three hour waste on the movie. Shah Rukh Khan is never original. In this movie he is pathetically trying to ape Dustin Hoffman of Rain Man. And the autistic character has pretty little relevance in the central theme.Is Karan Johar trying to draw mileage from the autism and the 9/11 subject in one go? Or did he just saw Rain Man (actually I have often wondered why nobody until now made a copy of Rain man, since most “good” Hindi movies have their originals in Hollywood!)?. The 9/11 aftermath has been portrayed too many times on the Hindi screen. Come on, give us a break! Karan Johar is only good at cashing on the Northern useless sentiments.

I have watched Rain Man. All I'm saying is whatever syndrome SRK have in the movie, appadi thAn nadichu aaganum... AthukkAga 'ape' Dustin Hoffman ellAm over-u.
The comment reminds me of lots of pandithars' comments in hub - "Hey look, I'm a critic"... :P

P.S Athukkaaga, don't think I'm pro-MNIK.[/tscii:852c5728a7]

MADDY
30th April 2010, 10:03 AM
Allov, adhaan warn paNNi irundhEnE this is a pocket money movie by anurag-nu? pArkaliyA?

adaaada - i thought u were referring to "girl in yellow boots" which he co-wrote with cochin kalki

tamizharasan
30th April 2010, 06:51 PM
[tscii:b8f6faee17]

I have watched Rain Man. All I'm saying is whatever syndrome SRK have in the movie, appadi thAn nadichu aaganum... AthukkAga 'ape' Dustin Hoffman ellAm over-u.
The comment reminds me of lots of pandithars' comments in hub - "Hey look, I'm a critic"... :P

P.S Athukkaaga, don't think I'm pro-MNIK.[/tscii:b8f6faee17]

whatever syndromekku orE nadippa. I really did not know that you know so much about the whatever syndrome. Thanks for opening my eyes from ignorance.

Kambar_Kannagi
30th April 2010, 07:54 PM
whatever syndromekku orE nadippa. I really did not know that you know so much about the whatever syndrome. Thanks for opening my eyes from ignorance.

I did not know that you know so much about 'orE nadippu'. Now, thanks for opening my eyes...

tamizharasan
30th April 2010, 08:26 PM

I did not know that you know so much about 'orE nadippu'. Now, thanks for opening my eyes...

Hello

YOu only said appadithaan nadichchaganum. Actually you opened your own eyes. :lol:

Kambar_Kannagi
30th April 2010, 08:37 PM
U can't understand the difference between 'orE nadippu' and 'nadippu for the same viyAthi'... :P

Ah, forget it man...

tamizharasan
30th April 2010, 08:40 PM
U can't understand the difference between 'orE nadippu' and 'nadippu for the same viyAthi'... :P

Ah, forget it man...

thanks for making me to understand the difference between those two also. You started it and you are asking me to forget it. Anyway I have learnt lot from you about cinema and whatever syndrome.

Nerd
30th April 2010, 08:43 PM
adadaa.. sArugAn nadippu paththi ivLO discussion thEvaiyaa?? :P

tamizharasan
30th April 2010, 08:45 PM

I don't think it is about shahrukh khan acting. It is about the things I learnt from this hub because of his acting.

Kambar_Kannagi
30th April 2010, 08:47 PM

Ah, forget it man...

thanks for making me to understand the difference between those two also. You started it and you are asking me to forget it. Anyway I have learnt lot from you about cinema and whatever syndrome.

I started it, yes. But ur tone of replying... Calling me a dog... Wow... :clap: Mei silirkuthu... kandinue...

Kambar_Kannagi
30th April 2010, 08:48 PM

Nerd, sila hubbers paththi unggaLukku theriyAthathA... They must show they are athimEthAvi by relating to hollywood. IllainnA thookkAm varAthAm... :P

tamizharasan
30th April 2010, 08:49 PM

Ah, forget it man...

I started it, yes. But ur tone of replying... Calling me a dog... Wow... :clap: Mei silirkuthu... kandinue...
did I call you dog. Forget about you, I never abused or disrespected anyone this hub. I called myself as a dog barking at the wrong wall. Please read the posting well before making any comments on any one.

tamizharasan
30th April 2010, 08:50 PM

Nerd, sila hubbers paththi unggaLukku theriyAthathA... They must show they are athimEthAvi by relating to hollywood. IllainnA thookkAm varAthAm... :P

Now you are complaining about me disrespecting you. Without knowing my intention ridiculing me as adhimedhaavi is completely horrendous.

Kambar_Kannagi
30th April 2010, 08:52 PM

Now you are complaining about me disrespecting you.

Nope, this post was not about u. That was a general one. Thinamum pArthuttu thAnE irukkum...

tamizharasan
30th April 2010, 08:56 PM

Now you are complaining about me disrespecting you.

Nope, this post was not about u. That was a general one. Thinamum pArthuttu thAnE irukkum...
Hello it was my honest review I never showed myself as adhimedhaavi. Even Kamal has done that characters so many times but I did not see any influence. This time it was so obvious and unilaterally every one has reviewed it same way.

Kambar_Kannagi
30th April 2010, 08:58 PM

Ah, forget it man...

did I call you dog. Forget about you, I never abused or disrespected anyone this hub. I called myself as a dog barking at the wrong wall. Please read the posting well before making any comments on any one.

//I hope you watched rain man. If not then it is like barking against the wall for me. //

If I haven't watched Rain Man, for you, it's like I'm barking against wall since I don't know what u r saying - Ippadiyum itha statement-a comprehend pannalAm...

If you say you typed it (thinking of ur version), then I got nothing to say.

Kambar_Kannagi
30th April 2010, 09:04 PM
Hello it was my honest review I never showed myself as adhimedhaavi. Even Kamal has done that characters so many times but I did not see any influence. This time it was so obvious and unilaterally every one has reviewed it same way.

Let me say this once and clear. When Salman did Sethu, it is natural Vikram's acting comes to our mind, since we saw Vikram's acting first. Athukunu Salman is aping Vikram-nu solla mudiyAthu illa eventhough both replicates the same thing.
Yes, even I wanted to quote Kamal. Karan Johar isn't a Kamal, a scriptwriter and SRk isn't a Kamal, the actor...
அந்த சாயல் கண்டிப்பாக இருக்கும், இதை தான் நான் சொல்ல வந்தேன்.
Since it's ur honest review, then :shake hand-walk off:

tamizharasan
30th April 2010, 09:06 PM

Ah, forget it man...

//I hope you watched rain man. If not then it is like barking against the wall for me. //

If I haven't watched Rain Man, for you, it's like I'm barking against wall since I don't know what u r saying - Ippadiyum itha statement-a comprehend pannalAm...

If you say you typed it (thinking of ur version), then I got nothing to say.

Anyway let me make one thing clear here. I don't have right to call anyone as dog even though I differ with anyone's opinion. In my opinion it is very uncivilized way if I take things personally. If you thought that way then this reply should clarify things for you.

tamizharasan
30th April 2010, 09:07 PM

Let me say this once and clear. When Salman did Sethu, it is natural Vikram's acting comes to our mind, since we saw Vikram's acting first. Athukunu Salman is aping Vikram-nu solla mudiyAthu illa eventhough both replicates the same thing.
Yes, even I wanted to quote Kamal. Karan Johar isn't a Kamal, a scriptwriter and SRk isn't a Kamal, the actor...
அந்த சாயல் கண்டிப்பாக இருக்கும், இதை தான் நான் சொல்ல வந்தேன்.
Since it's ur honest review, then :shake hand-walk off:

If rain man is remade as my name is khan then I will definitely agree with your argument.

Plum
1st May 2010, 09:22 AM
Much hyped housefull is nothing but a bollywoodised remake of...
Kaadhala Kaadhala!

IpdiyE maindain paNNungadA bollywood pasangaLA? Kashayapr and baradwaja indhilerundhu tholaichu kattum nAL tholaivil illai!

raghavendran
1st May 2010, 10:31 AM
Much hyped housefull is nothing but a bollywoodised remake of...
Kaadhala Kaadhala!

IpdiyE maindain paNNungadA bollywood pasangaLA? Kashayapr and baradwaja indhilerundhu tholaichu kattum nAL tholaivil illai! :lol: ..yea

Surya
1st May 2010, 12:03 PM
I think another option should be added to the List:

"Wannabe Hollywood Stories taking place in India"

It seems very Pretentious!

And looking at the Poll, I'm guessing every1 loves them Item Songs! :lol2: I enjoy them too, but not when watching the movie, I like watching them seperatly. Espicially if it's bipasha or Katrina. :thumbsup:

MADDY
2nd May 2010, 09:14 AM

thats what we meant by "south mumbai urban" - that is equal hollywood

MADDY
2nd May 2010, 11:37 AM
after hearing samples of tamil songs, ravan(an) looks clearly a bollywood product :D

raghavendran
2nd May 2010, 02:23 PM
after hearing samples of tamil songs, ravan(an) looks clearly a bollywood product :D :shock: ...ORUVELE 1ST TAMIZH KETURNDHA???

Surya
2nd May 2010, 03:06 PM

thats what we meant by "south mumbai urban" - that is equal hollywood

so south mumbai is the modernized part? I thought u meant movies abt the mumbai ghettos. :oops: Nevermind. :P

MADDY
2nd May 2010, 07:07 PM
so south mumbai is the modernized part? I thought u meant movies abt the mumbai ghettos. :oops: Nevermind. :P

yea, south mumbai is the downtown/upper crust of society........complaint is that there are too many movies abt people from that area or people of that mindset.......these can be closely linked to hollywood style of film making IMO....

btw, watching karthik calling karthik - another south mumbaiyya movie - nice.........deepika is very attractive and farhan is not irritating with his acting skills.......still to watch anotehr 30 mins......

but one things for sure - bolly masala padame ippadinnna....--- :P

MADDY
2nd May 2010, 07:10 PM
after hearing samples of tamil songs, ravan(an) looks clearly a bollywood product :D :shock: ...ORUVELE 1ST TAMIZH KETURNDHA???

hmm - ravan looks primarily bolly product dhaan sonnen but tamil could still be a better product like AE>yuva

Plum
2nd May 2010, 08:06 PM
Farhan masala illappA. Indhila masalanA brain dead comedy or sunny deol. Sunny deol genre is dead but akshay kumar and co are going strong in the former.
FarhanlAm "sensitive", "aesthetic" bucketla varuvaan. I can't see karthik being masala - that's like calling vtv masala!

MADDY
2nd May 2010, 09:42 PM
that's like calling vtv masala!

sollikonga :lol:

i meant, KCK has a pretty much fantasy, larger-than-life story but does away with cliches and banality thats plaguing tamil films of the same category*

*indha category non-existent in TFI IMO, but indha quality of scripts irukku

Prabo
3rd May 2010, 09:22 PM
Karthik calling Karthik.
Karthik's root cause of the problem is not convincing, I mean schizophrenia for a kid :? The director could have used some other strong reason for his social withdrawal. Movie is nice. Farhaan did well.

Nerd
4th May 2010, 12:56 AM
So I was the third person here who saw KcallingK last weekend :-)

First half was pedestrian and sleep inducing thanks mainly to DeebigA's acting/screen presence or the lack of them. Got a little interesting in the second half - I could not guess what that *thing* was. Oru dhadavai paakkalaam.

I was impressed by Farhan. Did not like him much in Rock on/LBC.

tamizharasan
4th May 2010, 01:22 AM
Karthik.. maine tujhe kaha tha ki movie itni slow and boring mat banao.. public ko toda entertainment karo.. tumhara movie accha ho sakta tha lekin tumhara movie me toda logic problem tha. Tumhe ab tak samaj me nahin aaya ki multiple personality disorder kya hota hai. Karthik tumhara movie bada hit honewala tha lekin tumhari galti se average ho gaya. haha karthik...

Nerd
4th May 2010, 02:43 AM
Karthik.. maine tujhe kaha tha ki movie itni slow and boring mat banao.. public ko toda entertainment karo.. tumhara movie accha ho sakta tha lekin tumhara movie me toda logic problem tha. Tumhe ab tak samaj me nahin aaya ki multiple personality disorder kya hota hai. Karthik tumhara movie bada hit honewala tha lekin tumhari galti se average ho gaya. haha karthik...
:lol: good one.

tamizharasan
4th May 2010, 03:15 AM
:lol: good one.

thanks bro.

ajithfederer
4th May 2010, 03:37 AM
After a long time watched Chak De India on Netflix. Padam romba nalla irundhuchu. SRK Nalla nadichirukaapdi. All the girls are very good especially Komal chautala and Balbir Kaur :rotfl2:. I can't help but Imagining Yuvraj singh for Preeti's boyfriend :lol2:.

Kambar_Kannagi
4th May 2010, 12:41 PM

Prabo
4th May 2010, 04:17 PM

Yes, the movie was dull and boring but I thought it was intentional as to show the life of Karthik :D

tamizharasan
4th May 2010, 07:42 PM

Yes, the movie was dull and boring but I thought it was intentional as to show the life of Karthik :D

The movie was okay. Farhan akhtar gives lot of hope in acting. I just tried little different.

Kambar_Kannagi
4th May 2010, 07:44 PM
The movie was okay. Farhan akhtar gives lot of hope in acting. I just tried little different.

Better than Rock On and Luck By Chance?

tamizharasan
4th May 2010, 07:51 PM

For me it falls somewhere in between these two being Rock On is the best.

jinju
4th May 2010, 10:57 PM

my ratings wud b LBC > RO > KCK

Surya
8th May 2010, 03:30 PM
Kites, a film about an Indian man's affair with a Latino woman, played by Mexican actress Barbara Mori, and their predicament as they don't understand each other's language, is being made in Hindi and English. The English version of Kites has been presented and reworked by well-known Hollywood director Brett Ratner.

Produced by Hrithik's father and filmmaker Rakesh Roshan, the film will be distributed and marketed by Reliance BIG Pictures. It will release May 21 in over 60 countries.

After Kites, Hrithik will gear up for Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Guzaarish in which he plays a paraplegic opposite Aishwarya Rai. He is also looking forward to Zoya Akhtar's film Running with the Bulls, which is expected to be ready for release by the end of this year.

Sounds good....but why the movie as a Paraplegic?? :? I wanna see another Dhoom 2 from Hrithik.

Jodha Akbar - Performance Oriented

Kites - Seems like it's performance oriented.

The Handicapped Movie - Def Performance Oriented.

When can we expect another mindless dancing, Glamour and Glitz Extravaganza like Dhoom II? :huh:

Surya
8th May 2010, 03:33 PM
It was another case of East meets West as SRK and Akon were spotted at a party thrown by the former at Mumbai's JW Marriot hotel.

The singer was reportedly in town to record a song for Shah Rukh's upcoming superhero flick, Ra 1. Directed by Anubhav Sinha, the movie has the Bollywood superstar playing a software engineer in Miami who's inadvertently drawn into combat with a self-created virtual monster, Ra 1.

If reports are to be believed the film also has Akon as part of the cast.

Interesting.....8-)

raghavendran
9th May 2010, 11:33 AM
Kites, a film about an Indian man's affair with a Latino woman, played by Mexican actress Barbara Mori, and their predicament as they don't understand each other's language, is being made in Hindi and English. The English version of Kites has been presented and reworked by well-known Hollywood director Brett Ratner.

Produced by Hrithik's father and filmmaker Rakesh Roshan, the film will be distributed and marketed by Reliance BIG Pictures. It will release May 21 in over 60 countries.

After Kites, Hrithik will gear up for Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Guzaarish in which he plays a paraplegic opposite Aishwarya Rai. He is also looking forward to Zoya Akhtar's film Running with the Bulls, which is expected to be ready for release by the end of this year.

Sounds good....but why the movie as a Paraplegic?? :? I wanna see another Dhoom 2 from Hrithik.

Jodha Akbar - Performance Oriented

Kites - Seems like it's performance oriented.

The Handicapped Movie - Def Performance Oriented.

When can we expect another mindless dancing, Glamour and Glitz Extravaganza like Dhoom II? :huh:vijaykanth padame 100 vaati pakkalam...for dhoom 2....mokkaiyo mokkai...seems perarasu has directed that film :P

ajaybaskar
10th May 2010, 12:25 PM
It was another case of East meets West as SRK and Akon were spotted at a party thrown by the former at Mumbai's JW Marriot hotel.

The singer was reportedly in town to record a song for Shah Rukh's upcoming superhero flick, Ra 1. Directed by Anubhav Sinha, the movie has the Bollywood superstar playing a software engineer in Miami who's inadvertently drawn into combat with a self-created virtual monster, Ra 1.

If reports are to be believed the film also has Akon as part of the cast.

Interesting.....8-)

Mind you, Endhiran was first narrated to SRK..

ajaybaskar
10th May 2010, 12:27 PM
Revisited COMPANY...

One of RGV's best attempts so far.. Watched this movie when it got released and that too without subtitles.. Where has this RGV gone? Hope atleast Raktha Charithra brings him back..

kid-glove
10th May 2010, 12:29 PM
Revisited COMPANY...

One of RGV's best attempts so far.. Watched this movie when it got released and that too without subtitles.. Where has this RGV gone? Hope atleast Raktha Charithra brings him back..
Saw Sarkar? Sarkar Raj?

Will he mess a real-life (at least part inspired) crime (hi)story? I'd guess not.

ajaybaskar
10th May 2010, 12:33 PM
Yeah.. Loved Sarkar better than the sequel though.

raghavendran
10th May 2010, 03:20 PM
Yeah.. Loved Sarkar better than the sequel though.mee to liked sarkar...but untill i watched godfather...and al paccino's performance....it was a total copy

ajaybaskar
10th May 2010, 04:37 PM
Yes. But there was a honest statement from RGV even before Sarkar was released that it was well and truly inspired by the godfather series. In fact, he didn't directly 'suttufy' the classic. Only the USP of the movie he took, soaked with the political milieu of modern day mumbai. Enjoyable...

The most irritating inspiration from RGV was 'Agyaat'. If John McTiernan watches it, he will hang himself after consuming poison. That was when I came to know that even Predator could be raped... :-)

Plum
10th May 2010, 05:42 PM
I actually kind of enjoyed "James". In spirit, it was closer to Shiva than the named remake. More importantly, it seemed he was having fun shooting the movie(How do I know? Dont know, just a hunch). Even Aag has its moments, mostly involving Mohanlal. But to me, Shiva remains his best and the kind of movie he can excel in. That is why Raktha Charitra seems so promising.

kid-glove
10th May 2010, 05:53 PM
Yes. But there was a honest statement from RGV even before Sarkar was released that it was well and truly inspired by the godfather series. In fact, he didn't directly 'suttufy' the classic. Only the USP of the movie he took, soaked with the political milieu of modern day mumbai. Enjoyable...

The most irritating inspiration from RGV was 'Agyaat'. If John McTiernan watches it, he will hang himself after consuming poison. That was when I came to know that even Predator could be raped... :-)
:rotfl: RGV missed the trick. When you make a film about rape, you get to the ___ing point. :lol:

tamizharasan
11th May 2010, 02:55 AM
has anyone seen these movie?

aditya tum kab jaoge?
teen patti
road movie 2010

If yes please comment on these.

Wibha
11th May 2010, 03:08 AM
chance pe dance :banghead:

ajaybaskar
11th May 2010, 09:11 AM
Omkara..

Thanx to Maddy and LM for recommending this. Again its reiterated that bolly is miles ahead of kolly. Would our so called bigwigs dare to don the role of Saif?

kid-glove
11th May 2010, 09:16 AM
Saif Ali isn't a bigwig or wasn't one when that film released. He was doing roles with negative shades like in Ek Hasina Thi before he did Omkara.

For a parallel here (bad if you compare the films themselves), Prasanna in Anjaadhey ?

ajaybaskar
11th May 2010, 09:46 AM
KG,

Even then bigwigs donning roles with negative shades is not new in bolly. Devgan in Kaal and Khakee, Hrithik and John Abraham in the Dhoom series.

Yes. I admired Prasanna's guts to take up that role but I feel that he didn't do the requisite 'homework'. Greatest example being his wig. BTW, wasn't Saif bigger than Prasanna when he did Omkara? Which one came first? DCH or Omkara?

kid-glove
11th May 2010, 09:54 AM
KG,

Even then bigwigs donning roles with negative shades is not new in bolly. Devgan in Kaal and Khakee, Hrithik and John Abraham in the Dhoom series.

Yes. I admired Prasanna's guts to take up that role but I feel that he didn't do the requisite 'homework'. Greatest example being his wig. BTW, wasn't Saif bigger than Prasanna when he did Omkara? Which one came first? DCH or Omkara?

True. Agree in principle that it's become common to do negative roles in Indhi. That's an expansive industry which expertises in multi-starers. a) It isn't affordable here. b) invariably, negative roles were written with more emphasis.

Moreover in TFI there is a lack of trust that actors have wrt script and directors.

If someone in stature of VB, like say a Mani or Kamal or Bala offers a negative role, let alone say an interpretation of shakespeare's Iago. who wouldn't want to do it? Even the bigwigs (save Rajini or Kamal) would...

I'm also in disagreement that it's Prasanna's fault that the role (incl. the wig) didn't come off well, at all.

Btw DCH came long before Omkara.

Cinefan
11th May 2010, 11:52 AM
Azab Prem Ki Ghazab kahani:Watched this a couple of weeks back on a lazy saturday evening and quite enjoyed it.Employs every cliche that we have seen in a love story but the thread of almost goofy humour carried it through.

Add some nice on the ear songs,a delicious katrina with her accented hindi and a extremely likeable ranbir who carried through almost stupid situations without making me cringe.

Rocket singh(salesman of the year):Very impressive film.It's a very laid back,verbose movie but I found it very engaging.Maybe the time I saw it -10pm till 12.30am with nobody at home to disturb provided the ideal ambience.Ranbir actually did not have much to do while the supporting cast was very good.

It also stayed very close to reality taking very few cinematic liberties.

Was it Nerd who found it disappointing???Sorry,beg to differ with you.I will def recommend this.

Cinefan
11th May 2010, 11:58 AM
tamizharasan,that is "athithi tum kab jaoge".Was on Star Plus on Sunday at 6.30pm.

BTW,regarding your main question,have not seen nor do I intend to see the three movies you have listed.

The Road movie has got some rave reviews but my previous experience of a Dev benegal movie(Split wide open)was not good.

Yuvi
11th May 2010, 03:55 PM
Badmaash Company = Bakwaaas Company

Recommend if you are a fan of Anushka Sharma and who can run away from the theatre at the interval.

jinju
12th May 2010, 01:58 PM

the scariest part of watching this supposedly horror film on dvd for me was just the 3 words that appeared on screen after what was supposed to be the climax of this junk that i watched mostly in fast forward motion: "TO BE CONTINUED..." :shock:

jinju
12th May 2010, 02:01 PM
Badmaash Company = Bakwaaas Company

Recommend if you are a fan of Anushka Sharma and who can run away from the theatre at the interval.

Yuvi, i didn't know that u were so desperate that u had to go check out a Parmeet Sethi directed flick in theater! :D

jinju
12th May 2010, 02:15 PM
thanks to moserbaer, watched The Blue Umbrella

VB :notworthy: his best so far?! :roll:

Pankaj Kapur as Nandkishore Khatri :notworthy: ...this guy didn't win any awards for this performance? :shock: why don't directors write more characters with this actor in mind...one never gets tired of seeing him...!

Gulzar and Sukhwinder also take the honors...a special mention to the cinematographer Sachin Krishn, himachal pradesh explored and presented in all its beauty!

a collector's item! :notworthy:

next in line is santosh sivan's Tahaan...

ajaybaskar
12th May 2010, 02:19 PM

the scariest part of watching this supposedly horror film on dvd for me was just the 3 words that appeared on screen after what was supposed to be the climax of this junk that i watched mostly in fast forward motion: "TO BE CONTINUED..." :shock:

Neengalaavathu DVD. I watched it in PVR, Juhu. Spent nearly 300 bucks to find out what is 'Sondha kaasula sooniyam'.. :x

jinju
12th May 2010, 02:42 PM

Neengalaavathu DVD. I watched it in PVR, Juhu. Spent nearly 300 bucks to find out what is 'Sondha kaasula sooniyam'.. :x

:lol: i can understand...! i don't think it was directed by rgv in the first place...looked like some amateur having fun with the camera in his hand, at the viewer's expense alright :D !

Plum
12th May 2010, 03:23 PM
Ajay, Mumbaila irukkIngaLA? irundhIngaLA?

Stiglitz
12th May 2010, 06:46 PM
Azab Prem Ki Ghazab kahani:Watched this a couple of weeks back on a lazy saturday evening and quite enjoyed it.Employs every cliche that we have seen in a love story but the thread of almost goofy humour carried it through.

Add some nice on the ear songs,a delicious katrina with her accented hindi and a extremely likeable ranbir who carried through almost stupid situations without making me cringe.

Ppl keep saying that this is a bad movie, but I enjoyed it quite well! :D

One of my favorite Scenes:

When Katrina stammers, and Ranbir also Stammers, and she says "Thu...Ma....Maza....Kar...kartha.." :rotfl:

Katrina is exactly what u said....delicious!

Ranbir was quite good too....comedy comes very easily for him. does the movie take place in South India? I don't remember...

Overall its an entertaining watch. Wonder why it didn't click at the BO. :roll:

ajaybaskar
12th May 2010, 06:48 PM
Plum,

Office tripinbodhu ponen... I am in the entertainment capital of india, city of the IPL champs... :-)

Plum
12th May 2010, 07:33 PM
I am in the entertainment capital of india

ChennaiyA? :roll:

Plum
12th May 2010, 07:34 PM
What I mean is Chennai Entertainment Capital-A? Enga IPL Party kUda vekkaradhillai unga oorula - ennatha entertainment capital

ajaybaskar
12th May 2010, 07:49 PM
sollikka vendiyadhuthaan. Who's gonna complain?

tamizharasan
12th May 2010, 09:05 PM
tamizharasan,that is "athithi tum kab jaoge".Was on Star Plus on Sunday at 6.30pm.

BTW,regarding your main question,have not seen nor do I intend to see the three movies you have listed.

The Road movie has got some rave reviews but my previous experience of a Dev benegal movie(Split wide open)was not good.

thanks.

kid-glove
12th May 2010, 09:15 PM
Don't know where to post this.

Just watched "Magadheera". As predictable as it comes when it comes to story line, especially that I heard it's about reincarnation, love story, family feud/killing, etc. As massy as it could come ! Excellent production values & execution. Good fun.

ajithfederer
12th May 2010, 09:59 PM
Discussions on Telugu Films (http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=2720)

Don't know where to post this.

Just watched "Magadheera". As predictable as it comes when it comes to story line, especially that I heard it's about reincarnation, love story, family feud/killing, etc. As massy as it could come ! Excellent production values & execution. Good fun.

kid-glove
13th May 2010, 03:09 PM
Thanks Feddy !

Cinefan
14th May 2010, 12:58 PM
Wonder why it didn't click at the BO. :roll:

Wrong there,it made a lot of money at the BO.After a long time,was a huge hit for Rajkumar Santhoshi.

Plum
14th May 2010, 08:00 PM
Winner in hindi. KaipuLLa speaks bhojpuri :lol:. The lines have been translated without punch however one thing made me laugh out loud and that was the screen name for the hindi kaipuLLa...which was....
Ranbeer!

Nerd
14th May 2010, 08:31 PM
Lagaan (2nd time after 9 years). Sathiyamaa mudiyalai :oops:

How the hell did they nominate this for an oscar? The only aspect of the film which deserved an oscar was Rahman's songs. The film is as cliched as it gets and most of the scenes made me cringe. Very very juvenile. I think Swades is a much better film, even in terms of acting.

tamizharasan
14th May 2010, 08:39 PM

How the hell did they nominate this for an oscar? The only aspect of the film which deserved an oscar was Rahman's songs. The film is as cliched as it gets and most of the scenes made me cringe. Very very juvenile. I think Swades is a much better film, even in terms of acting.

Trust me if you have 1 million dollar at your disposal, even mediocre movies can be nominated. What all Aamir did was he screened this movie in Hollywood movies halls and invited academy voters to view this movie. They can see only 5 or 6 foreign language movies a year and lagaan happened to be one of the them and you have five nominees. Now you do the math.

Stiglitz
14th May 2010, 09:04 PM

I like ARR's music in this a lot better than SDM... I don't see what there is in SDM for so much recognition....:?

kid-glove
14th May 2010, 09:09 PM

I think we can relegate this to "Watchable once" category? As a matter of fact, "Swades" also whithered down in my opinion. I haven't managed to watch JA in full (After having immense hopes), but in parts :sigh2: And that multi-role Priyanka chopra film? No courage yet. Think I will strike my name off AG's fan list :twisted: :(

kid-glove
14th May 2010, 09:18 PM
Karthik calling Karthik

Expected more from Farhan Akhtar as he is widely accepted to be a "great" actor in bolly.

Deepika Padukone. :slurp:

kid-glove
14th May 2010, 09:21 PM
As for the movie itself, this would suffice:

Nerd
14th May 2010, 09:39 PM
TA, Lagaan being nominated is a disgrace to Mother India and Salaam Bombay.

K-g, yeah. Watchable once most certainly.

JA was a borefest. Have seen Swades twice. Have not seen Rashee, don't intend to either.

tamizharasan
14th May 2010, 10:34 PM
Jodha Akbar: Cheap love story made by raping Great Akbar's history.

jinju
15th May 2010, 09:54 AM

thank God there's another one in this planet who didn't find Lagaan worth all the hype...all these years, i've been keeping quiet in forums or discussions when people brag about Lagaan being this or being that coz y be the odd one out..!.i just felt it's a gud film when i watched it but a great films is one which we feel like revisiting again and again, and this film has never evoked that kind of a feeling in me even when it's shown on tv...but i can understand the euphoria it created, the underdog upstaging the mighty, a thread that'l work 99/100 times....who said aamir isn't smart :) ?

in the theater, some people around me were up on their feet and clapping and whistling when it was shown that the catch was taken with the fielder being beyond the rope, so what was the surprise ther, i was expecting it all the time and sitting with nil emotions when it soooo obviously happened whereas a majority were exploding in joy around me... :roll: and yes, i also found Swades a better watch...yeah, am a die-hard aamir fan!

Plum
15th May 2010, 11:06 AM
+1 on Lagaan. Swades was much better for me although I dislike saarug actively while Aamir is not that big a turn-off. A large stretch of the movie until the match starts is actually boring - and did Aamir really lay bhuvan or just another version of aamir, the south mumbai dude?

kid-glove
15th May 2010, 11:12 AM
+1 on Lagaan. Swades was much better for me although I dislike saarug actively while Aamir is not that big a turn-off. A large stretch of the movie until the match starts is actually boring - and did Aamir really lay bhuvan or just another version of aamir, the south mumbai dude?
:exactly:

Stiglitz
15th May 2010, 12:33 PM
Pyaar Impossible

AYOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :banghead: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

Where do I start?

+'s

Priyanka Chopra :slurp:

Music :musicsmile:

-'s

Characterization of Every Character, Especially Priyanka Chopra!

* She Kinda seems like a Bitch who uses ppl a lot by just smiling at them and showing off her legs and Cleavage. :banghead:

* The scene where she starts crying because no guy notices her, and she says "I'm sorry, I'm just really upset about this"......
Ur a Single Divorced Mother who's taking care of her only daughter, and juggling work as well as being a "Father" to ur only daughter... No Doubt the amount of pressure and stress u must be going through...and u break into tears when guys don't look at u? That's doesn't make any sense at all. :banghead:

Don't get me wrong, Priyanka's acting was fine as usual, and she looked absolutly gorgeous in the movie. Priyanka Chopra rocks! :thumbsup: but the director is just a dim witted moron. :roll:

*What's with Uday Chopra's father's Character???? what's his name? ..... ..... .... ... Anupam Kher!! What the hell? The way the movie was going, i was actually expecting Uday Chopra to be in a Mental Asylum in the Climax and the whole father charecter is just a Figment of his Imagination, and Uday's is some kind of Paranoid Schizophrenic or something! :banghead:

Think abt it:

* He only talks to Uday through out the movie. No one else is even AWARE of is EXISTENCE other than Uday Chopra.

*Gives some Bizzare Ideas which aren't practical even for bollywood standards.

* Always looks drunk or high...

* And Uday is Xtreamly anti social....all this could sum up some serious psychological condition. Atleast the movie would've been more entertaining that way. :lol2:

That "Impossible/Possible" song really got on my nerves towards the end....I mean comon! For like 5 mins all they did was say "Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....it's possible"

"NoooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo....It's Impossible..."

"ooooooooOOOOoHHHHHHHhhhhh...It's possible"

"NooooooOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo....It's Impossible"

:banghead: Watching the rest of the movie when I'm Sober?

NoooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo....It's Impossible! :banghead: :smokesmirk:

Overall a C Grade Script with A Grade Funding = Obscene waste of money and talent!

jinju
15th May 2010, 01:24 PM
@stiglitz,

that dimwit moron director is none other than the failed actor Jugal Hansraj...another one of yashraj films' beneficiaries, the other notable notorious ones being parmeet sethi (badmaash company), arjun sablok (neal n nikki), kunal kohli (thoda pyaar thoda magic), etc...i guess there r more in this list sponsored by yashraj who managed to eat our brains in the name of direction... :x

kid-glove
15th May 2010, 01:51 PM
Is "Wake up sit" worth watching?

kid-glove
15th May 2010, 05:17 PM
Having watched the film, I have to say it leaves me indifferent. And I don't necessarily dislike the genre. As Nerd had said, Iktara is the best part about the film. Beer isn't bad. Konkana is apt. As some birather said, she would be on top of the list for roles like these. Overall, the film might have taken a different route and turned out different than the much-predictable uplifting one. I don't think the film itself managed to leave an impression than the Arsenal logos and merchandise in Beer's car & room, Annie Hall poster (that it hooked a bit, only to be disappointed ) & all that jazz

Stiglitz
15th May 2010, 05:26 PM
@stiglitz,

that dimwit moron director is none other than the failed actor Jugal Hansraj...another one of yashraj films' beneficiaries, the other notable notorious ones being parmeet sethi (badmaash company), arjun sablok (neal n nikki), kunal kohli (thoda pyaar thoda magic), etc...i guess there r more in this list sponsored by yashraj who managed to eat our brains in the name of direction... :x

I don't know abt the others, but Neal N Nikki was just :banghead: :banghead:

Another big headache.

Mahen
15th May 2010, 08:45 PM
Is "Wake up sit" worth watching?

Nothing great..time pass film..predictable

kid-glove
16th May 2010, 01:44 AM
Yeah, the post following that one, is my reaction after watching the film...

littlemaster1982
16th May 2010, 02:46 AM
[tscii:9f14151544]A fascinating interview of Vidhu Vinod Chopra (http://www.openthemagazine.com/article/art-culture/sleeping-with-the-enemy) - Never knew about this guy earlier. Some of the parts are hilarious.

Ex:

Q: While shooting Kareeb, you bit the hand of your heroine (Neha) because she didn’t lift her dupatta with the hand you wanted?

Vinod: I had to. I had spent one full day trying to get her to do the shot right. She kept lifting the wrong hand. Two hundred people had stayed back, the shot had to happen at magic hour and if it didn’t, then I had no money to stay back for one more day. So what would I do? It was the situation. People were hanging on that cliff, the fog machines were there, I was on a crane, the sun had set. Toh main crane se utra (So I got off the crane) and I went and bit her hand and told her, “The hand that hurts—that’s the hand you lift.” I got my shot immediately. The job of the director is to direct. I directed. It’s become a legend, but I just did my job.

[/tscii:9f14151544]

kid-glove
16th May 2010, 09:04 AM
VVC's arrogance is far more interesting than his films, you know..

ajaybaskar
16th May 2010, 10:06 AM
Recently I came to know that film critic Anupama Chopra is his wife...

Plum
16th May 2010, 10:42 AM
Kid you said it. imbuttu kadhai soliyE. Kadaisila padam En mokkaiyA edukkara?

raghavendran
17th May 2010, 12:38 PM
VVC's arrogance is far more interesting than his films, you know.. :exactly: ...hs films r craps..the recent ones which he directed..ekalayva...how come it represented india for oscars?...even farah khan got andry that eklavya went for oscars :evil:

ajaybaskar
17th May 2010, 12:43 PM
Yes. Eklavya was a wrong chOice. But it is certainly better than Farah Khan movies...

Kambar_Kannagi
17th May 2010, 12:44 PM
VVC's arrogance is far more interesting than his films, you know.. :exactly: ...hs films r craps..the recent ones which he directed..ekalayva...how come it represented india for oscars?...even farah khan got andry that eklavya went for oscars :evil:

Did u see Eklavya in the first place?

raghavendran
17th May 2010, 12:53 PM

Did u see Eklavya in the first place?yes i did....padhile vandhutten...en ungalukku pudikkuma?
ajay..
surely its better than her movies...but hindi mele irukkire biase paathu avangale kova pattange..adhathaan solle vandhen

kid-glove
17th May 2010, 12:58 PM
I liked his response to Farah and Sajjid than his tiresome "Eklavya".

Kambar_Kannagi
17th May 2010, 12:58 PM
yes i did....padhile vandhutten...en ungalukku pudikkuma?

Enna porutha varai, it's an 'art' film. :)

kid-glove
17th May 2010, 01:04 PM
It's a badly thought-of "art film" IMO.

As for better choice of being nominated, has the selection ever been good? IMO Dharm (flawed nevertheless) would have a better tactical choice than Eklavya. That's in hindsight. Seeing that "Water" had been nominated in previous years..

Plum
17th May 2010, 07:56 PM
Seeing what actually it took Aamir Khan to get Lagaan nominated(millions of dollars), I guess there should be a Lalit Modi like pre-requisite of bank draft to demonstrate spending prowess before we recommend movies for Oscar committee. What is the point in nominating a Mallu movie, when they cant even spend 5000$ on publicity for release - how in hell's name are they going to get Oscar committee to see it and spend on promoting it in America which is the only way you have a chance of getting a chance of nomination?

It's become a notional honour. (:alert: - failed attempt at pun between notional and national)

tamizharasan
17th May 2010, 08:09 PM
Seeing what actually it took Aamir Khan to get Lagaan nominated(millions of dollars), I guess there should be a Lalit Modi like pre-requisite of bank draft to demonstrate spending prowess before we recommend movies for Oscar committee. What is the point in nominating a Mallu movie, when they cant even spend 5000$ on publicity for release - how in hell's name are they going to get Oscar committee to see it and spend on promoting it in America which is the only way you have a chance of getting a chance of nomination?

It's become a notional honour. (:alert: - failed attempt at pun between notional and national)

I agree. This was the main reason why Satyajitray movies never got nominated in the foreign movies category even though they all had very glowing reviews. Satyajitray got lifetime achievement oscar through the connections he had established earlier with all great movie makers around the world. Eventhough he thoroughly deserved oscar for lifetime achievements, connections are required to that one. There are several film personalities in India and around the world deserved world recognition but failed because of lack of connections and lack of money.

MADDY
18th May 2010, 02:19 PM
It's become a notional honour

i dont think we stand much chance in "foreign films" category even if our movies make it...........the movie which won during Lagaan nomination - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Man%27s_Land_%282001_film%29 - i dont think this movie's makers had more money than Aamir khan....

the best way for us to win is work in hollywood productions and win a award - which makes it impossible for our actors but our technicians, being in background, can still do it

kid-glove
18th May 2010, 02:34 PM
Maybe we should lose all reality and use creative indulgence to pass off as "high art".

Recently Scorsese and Di Caprio met Johar and SRK, apparently Scorsese asked SRK for "Devdas" dvd coz it came in tradition of opulent Indian melodrama and hokey studio piece. I'm guessing Scorsese was part of the academy when "Devdas" was sent as India's official entry.

So I'm imagining the possibility of another movie sent in stead of VVC's Eklavya...

Saawariya..haa ha ahaa Saawirya haa haa haaa..Saawarya..oooh Savuriyaaaa

:mrgreen:

MADDY
18th May 2010, 03:04 PM
Raat gayi baat gayi - i felt it was a mix of "hangover" and "mixed doubles" ...........heavy rajat kapoor's influence in the movie...........some dialogues were very witty and funny but i felt there was a "stitching togetherness" in dialogues - they didnt flow naturally - i felt the jokes, witty lines, sarcasm were rather "injected".....

it still is a very good movie :) .......but i feel there is a template to these "good" bollywood movies - stories are predominantly pan-rural , mumbai noir, extra-marital affairs, thriller with multiple threads/characters and a big bang climax - it is very predictable, i say........characters, dialogues, sequences, actors ellam repetitivea irukku.......thats why i feel, kashyap, vishal baradwaj, rajat kapoor are pioneers - though they make movies in the template - their characters, dialogues are outrageously simple or quietly effective :)

MADDY
18th May 2010, 03:05 PM
and what a talented actor, Rajat kapoor is - chanceless :bow:

Kambar_Kannagi
18th May 2010, 03:22 PM
Ah Maddy... KandippA intha padam pArkanum pOla irukkE... :)

MADDY
18th May 2010, 04:01 PM
Ah Maddy... KandippA intha padam pArkanum pOla irukkE... :)

paarunga - nalla time pass :D

tamizharasan
18th May 2010, 07:14 PM
It's become a notional honour

i dont think we stand much chance in "foreign films" category even if our movies make it...........the movie which won during Lagaan nomination - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Man%27s_Land_%282001_film%29 - i dont think this movie's makers had more money than Aamir khan....

the best way for us to win is work in hollywood productions and win a award - which makes it impossible for our actors but our technicians, being in background, can still do it

What all I said was you need to have some money (My guess is million dollars) to market and screen the movies in theatres and to invite the academy members to the movie halls. After the nominations are announced it purely depends on academy member voting choice. That is why very highly talented directors such as Satyajit Ray had problem in getting movie nominated and now it may be Adoor Gopalakrishnan facing the same situation.

MADDY
19th May 2010, 05:17 PM
What all I said was you need to have some money (My guess is million dollars) to market and screen the movies in theatres and to invite the academy members to the movie halls. After the nominations are announced it purely depends on academy member voting choice. That is why very highly talented directors such as Satyajit Ray had problem in getting movie nominated and now it may be Adoor Gopalakrishnan facing the same situation.

ofcourse but its not all abt money too......

Plum
19th May 2010, 05:59 PM
It is not all about money but without money, it is well nigh impossible because not enough academy voters will be able to see your movie without you taking it to them.

If a Movie made it,to nominations pretty much it means the makers made it available to the voters - which means they spent a lot of money. It doesnt matter if they spent lesser than the losers that year - they would have spent a significant amount anyway.

In this case if No Man's Land got nominated, obviously a lot of them academy voters have seen it which means it was made available to them through theatrical releases in US specifically during the nomination phase or in some other manner involving the maker reaching out to the voters. Which involves spending
That money surely would be more than double the average cost of a Malayalam movie so even a malayalam movie of the highest quality will never be able to make the nominations simply because not enough voters will get to watch it whereas an Aamir Khan movie of reasonable quality if sent by India to Oscar committee, Aamir will ensure enough eyeballs by spending. After that, if voters like it it will get nominated else rejected but only spenders like Aamir can reach atleast that state.

In other words, nominating a small film from India to Oscar committee is a waste of time and only a notional honour unless that film happens to be promoted by the likes of Aamir Khan who can spend.

ajaybaskar
19th May 2010, 06:39 PM
Yes.. Lobbying is a part of academy awards. Aamir himself mentioned in an interview that he and his agent in US were busy lobbying for Lagaan and the people who watched the movie appreciated it a lot. No man's land was critically acclaimed throughout the world and it didn't require lobbying. The same happened with Slumdog as well. There was a lot of buzz around the movie and it drew crowds on its own...

ajaybaskar
19th May 2010, 06:40 PM
Yes.. Lobbying is a part of academy awards. Aamir himself mentioned in an interview that he and his agent in US were busy lobbying for Lagaan and the people who watched the movie appreciated it a lot. No man's land was critically acclaimed throughout the world and it didn't require lobbying. The same happened with Slumdog as well. There was a lot of buzz around the movie and it drew crowds on its own...

jinju
21st May 2010, 02:32 PM
hey guys, just back after watching Kites...gud ol' bollywood love story in an international wrapper...okay one-time watch...

have put up a detailed review here...if interested, please read...

http://www.snehasallapam.com/malayalam-movie-discussions/2195-hrithik-roshans-kites-review-dinos-take.html

kid-glove
21st May 2010, 03:25 PM
Jinju, you're being far too kind on "Yikes"

jinju
21st May 2010, 03:55 PM
Jinju, you're being far too kind on "Yikes"

thanks for reading n commenting kid...yeah i know, but it's okay, chalta hai yaar, what more do u expect from a bolly flick...thats all we go to watch when we watch these star films made ov' there na... :D

kid-glove
21st May 2010, 04:15 PM
Yeah, but this seems to be a stinker. Even HriShtick fans have turned against it.

kid-glove
21st May 2010, 04:20 PM
There's one review which suggested it's on level of Bonnie & Clyde and Chinatown. Some people :lol:

jinju
21st May 2010, 04:25 PM
There's one review which suggested it's on level of Bonnie & Clyde and Chinatown. Some people :lol:

:shock: :shock: :evil:

kid-glove
21st May 2010, 04:27 PM
I'm also perplexed by the kind of adulation and expectation (mis)placed on Hrishtick, that he's a breed of talented star-actor in ways of 2M's and Kamal. His star power is undeniable, but his whole process of being a star is to flash around his best features (no pun intended) - dancing, muscular body, etc. But there is a pretense, around him, that he's some kind of a De niro. I could never forget how the whole Bolly whined that he missed a NA for Koi Mil Gaya. Not that the eventual winner merited (Vikram for Pithamagan), but pluheAze..

Kambar_Kannagi
21st May 2010, 05:30 PM
Yeah, but this seems to be a stinker. Even HriShtick fans have turned against it.

Proof???

Kambar_Kannagi
21st May 2010, 05:30 PM
jinju, I heard it's released in tweo versions (Eng & Hindi)... Is that true? U watched Hindi version (with songs)?

kid-glove
21st May 2010, 05:39 PM
Not sure how much sample size you have in mind. But check out this pro-Hrithik site and comments below:

http://www.naachgaana.com/2010/05/21/kites-has-a-pretty-bad-wom/

http://www.naachgaana.com/2010/05/20/bollywoods-sensational-kites-soars-over-the-top/

http://www.naachgaana.com/2010/05/21/not-looking-good-for-kites-this-is-a-set-back-for-hrithik-roshan/

You can also try twitter.

ajaybaskar
21st May 2010, 05:44 PM
Heard that Kites is a film to forget... Poor Hrithik..

great
21st May 2010, 09:03 PM
jinju, I heard it's released in tweo versions (Eng & Hindi)... Is that true? U watched Hindi version (with songs)?

beleive its released only in hindi over here.

Plum
21st May 2010, 09:43 PM
Kiruthigai apnE level pE A gayA if Kites is bad. For someone with kaho na and krish series as the major milestones in his career, he is given too much hype.

ajaybaskar
21st May 2010, 09:46 PM
Yes.. KMG, KNPH, Krishh are not upto the hype. But Hrithik is talented. Hope he works with some good directors to prove his potential.

tamizharasan
22nd May 2010, 01:56 AM
Kiruthigai apnE level pE A gayA if Kites is bad. For someone with kaho na and krish series as the major milestones in his career, he is given too much hype.
Do you appreaciate any bollywood actor at all?

ajithfederer
22nd May 2010, 02:02 AM

Do you appreaciate any bollywood actor at all?

Plum
22nd May 2010, 06:20 AM
Appreciate paNNiyE AgaNumA?

MADDY
22nd May 2010, 08:26 AM
Hrithik was fantastic in Luck by chance and very good in parts of "koi mil gaya" .........

north indies and mumbaiyya view of heroes is very different - they used to laugh at me for being fan of a middle-aged hero with a tummy(mohanlal)..........they prefer well groomed, muscular, stylish guys than a guy with great acting talent.......we cannot expect them to have our view on things, however superior ours might be..........

Plum
22nd May 2010, 09:33 AM
Adhu therinjadhu dhaane maddy. Still, oru kalathula amitap was the top star(not in the prashant sense) and not so well groomed etc.
Rithig is over hyped even considering bollywood standards o hype. When vikram got his na, subhash jha wrote " I haven't seen pithamagan but how can anyone better kiruthigai in kmg". :lol:
Differences in opinion on vikram apart, such outstanding moronicity is just irresistibly mockworthy.

Angels fear to tread where John Abraham is a star :)

jinju
22nd May 2010, 10:19 AM
Adhu therinjadhu dhaane maddy. Still, oru kalathula amitap was the top star(not in the prashant sense) and not so well groomed etc.
Rithig is over hyped even considering bollywood standards o hype. When vikram got his na, subhash jha wrote " I haven't seen pithamagan but how can anyone better kiruthigai in kmg". :lol:
Differences in opinion on vikram apart, such outstanding moronicity is just irresistibly mockworthy.

these subhash jha, taran adarsh and raja sen guys r the ultimate PR guys for many of the overhyped bollywood stars! Tarankku trade analystnu title vera! :lol:

eppdi ippdi ellaam! :D

MADDY
22nd May 2010, 11:20 AM

i meant there is no point in complaining abt the way they hype up their guys - avanga appadi dhaan :) .......reg subash jha thingy, namma oorla sasikumar-a ellam great talend-nnu solradhu illaya..........naama irukkradhum glass house dhaan........

I have tremendous respect for John Abraham who has made it on his own in a industry dominated by star kids tribe :D and he did his part in "No smoking" :bow:

Kambar_Kannagi
23rd May 2010, 07:26 PM
Kites. To be honest, I found it quite good and engaging. :) And I could understand why 'a certain' section of Hrithik fans are turning this down. :lol2:

Maddy, give it a try. I think u will like 'louu' subjects after this... :P
Parthuttu sollungga.

MADDY
24th May 2010, 08:12 AM
Maddy, give it a try. I think u will like 'louu' subjects after this... :P Parthuttu sollungga.

sure :D

jinju
24th May 2010, 09:44 AM
Kites. To be honest, I found it quite good and engaging. :) And I could understand why 'a certain' section of Hrithik fans are turning this down. :lol2:

Parthuttu sollungga.

:clap:

neraya flaws, especially in 2nd half but i too found it a gud one-time watch...maybe fans expect more from hrithik :D

kid-glove
24th May 2010, 10:38 AM
What more could they expect? Dance moves, expose his muscular body and do some OTT stunts. Oh wait, isn't that also the main USP of Dhoom 2? I'm still making my mind on how it became a phenomenal success and was also critically "Excused" than say "Yikes"

kid-glove
24th May 2010, 10:40 AM
John Abraham is also a non-actor.

I think Hrithik has more in common with Vijay in terms of trying to channel the features that his fanbase will lap it up.

jinju
24th May 2010, 10:51 AM
:thumbsup: ....the only proper thing i've seen Kareena Kapoor utter in an interview :lol:

I think Hrithik has more in common with Vijay in terms of trying to channel the features that his fanbase will lap it up.

idhuvum right-u!

Kambar_Kannagi
24th May 2010, 01:41 PM

neraya flaws, especially in 2nd half but i too found it a gud one-time watch...maybe fans expect more from hrithik :D

Villain chases and hero runs... I couldn't find any flaws though, it's just me. :)

Yeah, this is a come-back after his long hibernation, perhaps fans expect more and I won't blame them. <spolier>But, what I feel is typical fans can't see their hero become a loser and dies in the end. </spoiler> :P
Very much evident in South too... :wink:

Kambar_Kannagi
24th May 2010, 01:45 PM

k_g, Maddy backs this guy for No Smoking but I haven't watched it yet. Even rock can 'act' under Anurag Ji-ngrathu vEra vishayam. :P
OTOH, he was impressive in his first film, Saaya. PArthurukkEnggalA? :)

jinju
24th May 2010, 02:24 PM

Villain chases and hero runs... I couldn't find any flaws though, it's just me. :)

Yeah, this is a come-back after his long hibernation, perhaps fans expect more and I won't blame them. <spolier>But, what I feel is typical fans can't see their hero become a loser and dies in the end. </spoiler> :P
Very much evident in South too... :wink:

andha 'chases and runs' portions dhaan enna neraya sirikkavechudhu, total deviation from that feel gud and engaging first half...it totally became a logicless masala fare from then on...i thot scripting cud've been better there...andha balloon escape, shootout in the motel (andha scene hollywoodkkaaranga paathaa sirippaanga, hope it's not there in the brett ratner version :D ) adhellaam poorly written n executed scenes...yen, namma Paiyya-la kooda idhe maadhiri chichuasan dhaan, but lingu n team executed it better i felt (with a lot of help from yuvan of course!)

i can accept the ending, though y the heroine had to come to such a decision left me searching for other solutions, yen vera options-e illiyaa? the only answer cud be that they wanted a tragic ending. but then the thriller model second half is what diluted the effect they intended the climax wud have on a viewer, imo!

Kambar_Kannagi
24th May 2010, 02:50 PM
andha 'chases and runs' portions dhaan enna neraya sirikkavechudhu, total deviation from that feel gud and engaging first half...it totally became a logicless masala fare from then on...i thot scripting cud've been better there...andha balloon escape, shootout in the motel
(andha scene hollywoodkkaaranga paathaa sirippaanga, hope it's not there in the brett ratner version :D ) adhellaam poorly written n executed scenes...yen, namma Paiyya-la kooda idhe maadhiri chichuasan dhaan, but lingu n team executed it better i felt (with a lot of help from yuvan of course!)

IMO, if the second half is as feel-good as first half, it would have been a borefest. I think you are thinking too much into it since for me the balloon escape and shootout were acceptable. :)
What's up with Brett Ratner version? :roll:
IrunthAlum, Payya kooda compare pannurathellAm, unggaLukku kurumbu jAshti... :P

i can accept the ending, though y the heroine had to come to such a decision left me searching for other solutions, yen vera options-e illiyaa? the only answer cud be that they wanted a tragic ending. but then the thriller model second half is what diluted the effect they intended the climax wud have on a viewer, imo!

Yeah, you have a point here. :)

jinju
24th May 2010, 03:00 PM
IMO, if the second half is as feel-good as first half, it would have been a borefest. I think you are thinking too much into it since for me the balloon escape and shootout were acceptable. :)
What's up with Brett Ratner version? :roll:
IrunthAlum, Payya kooda compare pannurathellAm, unggaLukku kurumbu jAshti... :P

ok, i can see similarities...in fact, many of the northies around me in the theater were showing disinterest in the first half (the indhi guy next to me was in semi-sleep position from 30 mins into the first half :D )....but they were all gung ho in the 2nd, and again cussing and yelling for the climax, whereas my reactions to the film was entirely diprnt :P ...enakkennamo andha scenes ellaam pudikkala...unga opinion dhaan majority north indies opinionnu thonudhu...

there's an english version called "Kites-Remix" done by Brett Ratner(director of Rush Hour series) which is being released worldwide, it's short and without songs, 90 minutes running time, shud be crispier!

Kambar_Kannagi
24th May 2010, 03:14 PM
unga opinion dhaan majority north indies opinionnu thonudhu...

Guess I'm on the both side, enjoyed both halfs. :lol:

there's an english version called "Kites-Remix" done by Brett Ratner(director of Rush Hour series) which is being released worldwide, it's short and without songs, 90 minutes running time, shud be crispier!

Oh... Is this guy good? Now, why do u think Rush Hour (series) was good and hilarious... Jackie Chan... 8-)

jinju
24th May 2010, 03:21 PM
unga opinion dhaan majority north indies opinionnu thonudhu...

Guess I'm on the both side, enjoyed both halfs. :lol:

Oh... Is this guy good? Now, why do u think Rush Hour (series) was good and hilarious... Jackie Chan... 8-)

seri vidunga...bottomline is padam was ok and watchable compared to many craps they produce...the prob as u mentioned was the hype...hrithink after a gap of a couple of years, international film etc etc...

ya, ratner is not the elite but has made some racy flicks..he did one of the x-men movies also i think...

avven
24th May 2010, 04:21 PM
Kites - climax ellam sirika aarabichitanga :(

Stiglitz
24th May 2010, 04:38 PM

His role in Dostana was the simplest role an actor can get. Few Dialogues, all he had to do what look good, which he is, but he lookd like an idiot with his lack or expressions.

Prabo
24th May 2010, 04:50 PM

His role in Dostana was the simplest role an actor can get. Few Dialogues, all he had to do what look good, which he is, but he lookd like an idiot with his lack or expressions.

Same same in Garam Masala too...

jinju
24th May 2010, 04:57 PM

Same same in Garam Masala too...

oh man, garam masala was murder! to know the extent of it, one shud just watch the original and mukesh's performance in that role...JA's (non)experiments with comedy resulted in a big tragedy for the viewers!

Mahen
24th May 2010, 07:11 PM

Parthuttu sollungga.

Glad the movie has bombed :D Inimel Hritik adaki vasipan :)

Plum
24th May 2010, 07:15 PM
Mahen, no way. Their abiding principle is
"idhukkellAm bayandhA thozhil paNNa mudiyumA boss".

It is preposterous that Rithig didnt get NA for Kites-nu statement vuduvAr his appAru.

Mahen
24th May 2010, 07:15 PM
3 idiots for the 3rd time :2thumbsup: This is what i expect from Bollywood...Not flying kites around hollywood :D

Kambar_Kannagi
24th May 2010, 07:28 PM

Hrithik aarambathula irunthE adakki vAsikkura type thAn.
And wether the film bombed or not, don't decide it yet. :)

tamizharasan
24th May 2010, 07:51 PM
I watched well done abba yesterday. No great shakes or earth shattering. But as usual very honest and simple attempt by Shyam Benegal. Good watch.

tamizharasan
24th May 2010, 07:54 PM

athAne when hrithik was jumping all around. He is well mannered and well behaved during interviews also.

tamizharasan
24th May 2010, 07:56 PM
Mahen, no way. Their abiding principle is
"idhukkellAm bayandhA thozhil paNNa mudiyumA boss".

It is preposterous that Rithig didnt get NA for Kites-nu statement vuduvAr his appAru.
en indha kolai veri. I also agree that hrithik is not a great actor. But definitely he is a good actor, with great dancing abilities and extremely well maintained physique. He has all the qualities of a good hero.

Appu s
24th May 2010, 10:47 PM
Finally watched "Paanch", worth a watch.the story and the narration is simply superb.Anurag's debut :bow: acting by
everone is impressive, KK :thumbsup: :bow: best performance. BGM by vishal bhardwaj is good,but no rock songs get the attention.
There are flaws in the movie,however as a debut this one is great attempt by Kashyap :thumbsup:

AudazJay
25th May 2010, 01:07 PM

athAne when hrithik was jumping all around. He is well mannered and well behaved during interviews also.

:exactly: I've always admired his personality even from his Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai days...He seems to be very refined and polished. To think that this guy actually overcame his insecurities and reservedness, not to mention the stammering problems he suffered when he was a kid...his accomplishments today certainly speaks volumes.

Mahen
25th May 2010, 08:20 PM

See indiafm/rediff etc :D

arjun885
25th May 2010, 08:42 PM
those who watched Kites...pls tell y it failed...

kid-glove
26th May 2010, 10:54 AM
http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/broadband/video/Interviews/1Tf6or34/3/Ranbir-Kapoor-s-Bollywood-Hungama-Exclusive-On-A-Mumbai-Local.html

Sporting shades, and having protection & space to avoid the crowd tussle in a Mumbai Local (no less) bears much resemblance to Rahul Gandhi wearing sneakers in his workman-like publicity stunts. Beer is going places, and his character in this film, Rajneeti, is apparently based on Rajiv Gandhi (and Michael Corleone of Godfather), a less flamboyant character mind you. So Beer could resort to a near non-performance in name of underplaying. But the hype...the hype is nauseating. We also have Katrina Kaif playing Sonia Gandhi :rotfl:, I'm still wondering what business she has in acting business.

Plum
26th May 2010, 11:40 AM
Katrina Kaif wants Natl Award for Rajneeti.
Ranbir Kapoor possibly expects it by right.
But beer in promos of Rajneeti :rotfl:

(Prakash Jha's masterstroke - put Naseer, Nana, Irfan etc and just surface-paint with dolls Ranbir and Katrina ergo you get a saleable movie which cna then critically be shored up by the first 3 :-) )

kid-glove
26th May 2010, 11:41 AM
You forgot Manoj Bajpai, Flame.

kid-glove
26th May 2010, 11:43 AM
Even if I think Beer is overrated and even if I get what you intend by "dolls", I'd never put him and Kaif together. Katrina Kaif is the single worst non-actor working today. And that's still an understatement of sorts.

kid-glove
26th May 2010, 11:46 AM
Nana is hugely overrated.

Plum
26th May 2010, 11:52 AM
Ofcourse, I agree with you on Nana and the difference between Beer and Katrina.
But the thought remains the same - Nana has his followers who are bound to buy his acting. Yes, ofcourse, it was a crime missing Bajpai, who has been done to what all good talents (not backed by star families) get done by in Bollywood - made part of inane movies and destroyed. He looks quite promising in Rajneeti. Let's see.

jinju
26th May 2010, 11:56 AM
kid, but bajpai mostly plays a parody of himself in hindi commercial cinema of late...was sooo sooo disappointed to see his perfo in a segment in Copycat Gupta's Dus Kahaaniyaan...watched it solely for him, and was :? Pinjar was a break...but mostly it has been disappointments...i always wish he n ashutosh rana were born down here in south! :)

how do u rate kay kay menon, kid?...did u watch Shaurya/Gulaal?

kid-glove
26th May 2010, 12:02 PM
Shaurya is Few Good men remake , right?

Heard about Kay Kay's perf in Courtroom scenes. Not sure it will top Nicholson's, but will catch that on TV. Cannot stand Rahul bose, maybe why I never wanted to watch it in full..

I rate Kay Kay, though a little less than Irrfan or Madhavan. :)

About Bajpai - very much a wasted talend.

jinju
26th May 2010, 12:10 PM
Shaurya is Few Good men remake , right?

Heard about Kay Kay's perf in Courtroom scenes. Not sure it will top Nicholson's, but will catch that on TV. Cannot stand Rahul bose, maybe why I never wanted to watch it in full..

I rate Kay Kay, though a little less than Irrfan or Madhavan. :)

About Bajpai - very much a wasted talend.

the same...his take was totally different tho, but nowhere near nicholson's yeah :) but still has its own merits...to me, it stands somewhere near boman irani's in Khosla...generates that kind of anxiety whenever hes on screen :) !

irrfan khan :clap:

Kambar_Kannagi
26th May 2010, 12:50 PM
Katrina Kaif wants Natl Award for Rajneeti.

:rotfl:

Bala (Karthik)
27th May 2010, 01:38 PM
Rajbeedhi, Kites rendume manna kavvuna naan ellayilla inbam adaiven

ajaybaskar
27th May 2010, 04:32 PM
Love Sex aur Dhokha

By far the best film of the year. Glad that atleast there are some directors in India to handle such plots.. Highly recommended..

jinju
28th May 2010, 11:13 PM
k_g, check out this review...almost the same thoughts i wanted to express about Kites, put in a better way...

http://www.thehindu.com/fr/2010/05/28/stories/2010052850080200.htm

tamizharasan
29th May 2010, 02:14 AM

Half done. Now concentrate on Rajbeedhi.

kid-glove
29th May 2010, 09:14 AM
[tscii:375fcfae84]
k_g, check out this review...almost the same thoughts i wanted to express about Kites, put in a better way...

The crux of his review:

If we can celebrate a foreigner's interpretation of India and Bollywood with ‘Slumdog Millionaire,' why not cheer an Indian filmmaker's interpretation of American pulp fiction in a language of our own and in a grammar they understand better.

Here's an easy answer. I dislike both, zimbles. :D [/tscii:375fcfae84]

raghavendran
29th May 2010, 09:21 AM
atlast...saw DEV D...
WAT A FILM...ONE OF THE BEST... :thumbsup: :clap: ...one movie after a long time where everything was gr8...music,cinematography,direction :notworthy: ,casting...wow...it rocked..wonder how i missed it wen it released :?

jinju
29th May 2010, 09:30 AM
[tscii:cd2055d5ab]

The crux of his review:

If we can celebrate a foreigner's interpretation of India and Bollywood with ‘Slumdog Millionaire,' why not cheer an Indian filmmaker's interpretation of American pulp fiction in a language of our own and in a grammar they understand better.

Here's an easy answer. I dislike both, zimbles. :D [/tscii:cd2055d5ab]

ok ok i get u...aanaalum neenga remba strittunga... :D

kid-glove
29th May 2010, 09:46 AM
Me Strict? Nahi !

vishwwa
3rd June 2010, 11:46 PM
what's the opinion on the latest flick Rajneeti ...? anyone seen it ?

ajaybaskar
4th June 2010, 04:46 PM

Both halves done.. Heard that ppl are coming out of the halls like 'Suvaththil aditha pandhu'.. :D

tamizharasan
4th June 2010, 07:33 PM

Both halves done.. Heard that ppl are coming out of the halls like 'Suvaththil aditha pandhu'.. :D

yes the reviews are bad. I don't think katrina is going to win national award for this movie. Even though the movies seems to be influenced by Godfather, I don't think it matched the greatness of godfather. Good luck next time. :P :P