PDA

View Full Version : Navarasa Nayagan Karthik

Pages : [1] 2

PARAMASHIVAN
16th February 2010, 10:39 PM
I think we should talk about him,, His movies, his career, his performance

I rate him much above his competitor Prabhu.. Sadly due to his punctuality and lack of enthusiasm he could not make it to top

He was a ladies man those days :lol2:

what are your views, on this pls?

venkkiram
16th February 2010, 10:57 PM
கொஞ்ச நாட்களுக்கு முன்பு நான், கார்த்திக் பற்றி ஒரு தனித் திரி ஆரம்பிக்கலாம்னு நினைச்சேன். ரொம்ப நன்றி. ஒரு வழியா பிள்ளையார் சுழி போட்டு வைத்ததற்கு.

கிழக்கு வாசல், மௌன ராகம், அக்னி நட்சத்திரம், கோபுர வாசலிலே, கோகுலத்தில் சீதை என பலதரப்பட்ட படங்கள் இவரது தேர்ந்த நடிப்பை பறை சாற்ற.

வரப்போகிற ராவணனும் இதே வகையில் இருக்கும் என எதிர்பார்க்கிறேன்.

Nerd
16th February 2010, 10:57 PM
I like him more than Prabu/Sathyaraj/Vijayakanth. Some of my favorite films of his:

Agni Natchathiram
Gopura Vaasalile
Mouna Ragam
Kizhakku Vaasal
Nadodo Thenral
Idhaya Thaamarai
Ullathai Allitha
Thotta Chinungi
Gokulathil Seethai etc.

I can tolerate him in many obscure films like Enga Veettu Ramayanam, Natpu, Bhagavathipuram Railway Gate, Valibame Vaa Vaa etc.

Looking forward to his reentry through Mani saar's Raavan.

tvsankar
16th February 2010, 11:37 PM
Karthick

Starting time la avvalava pidikalai.
ana, poga poga - thanakunu thani style nu
start panninadhum, I like His Style........

Iyalba irukaradhu - romba kashtam ...

Nalla nadipu garadhu - Iyalba irukanam.

Idhai - Malaiyali actors kite parkalam.

Film ku enru - oru nadai, manarism enru illamal,
nalla Nadipanga.

Adhai pola - indha Karthick.

Paatu scene um - Ivaroda style nalla irukum.

Kizhaku Vasal

Ponnumani - Indha karthick ai romba pidikum.

Indha Karthick in sogathudan (nalla seidhu irupar) - nanum azhuven,,...

venkkiram
16th February 2010, 11:51 PM
கிழக்கு வாசல், மௌன ராகம், அக்னி நட்சத்திரம், கோபுர வாசலிலே, கோகுலத்தில் சீதை என பலதரப்பட்ட படங்கள் இவரது தேர்ந்த நடிப்பை பறை சாற்ற.

வருஷம் 16 -ஐ எப்படி மறந்தேன்? Nerd, நீங்களும் மறந்து விட்டீர்கள் என நினைக்கிறேன்.

tvsankar
17th February 2010, 12:12 AM
Nilavae mugam kaatu , Deiva vaaku,Chinna kannama

ellam nalla irukum.

tvsankar
17th February 2010, 12:13 AM
Karthick padam - kadhai nalla irukum.

tamizharasan
17th February 2010, 12:53 AM
He would have had better career if he had self-discipline. Good actor and dancer.
My all time favorite of Karthik is varusham 16. Actingwise he was at his best in Mouna Raagam, though I would not rate this movie as Karthik's movie. The problem with Karthik was he stopped improvisation and became monotonous and boring over the period of time. At his prime he was definitely one of my favorite actors.

Avadi to America
17th February 2010, 12:59 AM
ithaya thamarai kuda nalla irrukkum....intha padathula pattunga supera irrukum... Mottai mottai thaaan..... :clap:

Ennaku ennavo rajini and kamalku appuram karthi padathula pattu nalla irrukumnu thonuthu in 80's and early 90s....may be wrong...

tvsankar
17th February 2010, 01:05 AM
ithaya thamarai kuda nalla irrukkum....intha padathula pattunga supera irrukum... Mottai mottai thaaan..... :clap:

Ennaku ennavo rajini and kamalku appuram karthi padathula pattu nalla irrukumnu thonuthu in 80's and early 90s....may be wrong...

Idhaya thamarai - Mottai music ilai. Mottai madhiri music pottu paduthina Sankar Ganesh....

Ethanai per ipadi nenachu irukeengalo....

Avadi to America
17th February 2010, 01:08 AM

Idhaya thamarai - Mottai music ilai. Mottai madhiri music pottu paduthina Sankar Ganesh....

Ethanai per ipadi nenachu irukeengalo....

I hate shankar ganesh at the core.... avaru eppadi.... andava... mottai music suttu pottutapulaya.... :evil: sorry brother...

tvsankar
17th February 2010, 01:10 AM
brother illa pa

am Usha . i am using my Husband's id.

call me Usha. no prob.

Nerd
17th February 2010, 01:20 AM
வருஷம் 16 -ஐ எப்படி மறந்தேன்? Nerd, நீங்களும் மறந்து விட்டீர்கள் என நினைக்கிறேன்.
Yes :oops: I would also add chinna kannamma and poovELi to the list (Great, subdued performaces). Too much of Sundar C spoiled him (azhagaana naatkaL, kannan varuvaan etc.. :twisted: )

Aalavanthan
17th February 2010, 01:22 AM
Amaran -yaa.. didnt go well at the box office but had some excellent underworld scenes and our Cooking Master Aadhityan's best work till date IMO

mexicomeat
17th February 2010, 03:03 AM
best karthick movie imho is the movie starring gowtami, nassar and suhasini where he fights for the custody of baby shaamli...

chinna kannammaa nnu nenaikiren

app_engine
17th February 2010, 03:11 AM
Yes :oops: I would also add chinna kannamma and poovEli to the list (Great, subdued performaces).

I saw later part of this movie on TV last week and Karthik's performance was quite impressive and the heroine who acted the wife's role looked pretty (what's the name?).

The portion of the movie I saw was above average as well (had they chopped off some of the villain scenes / fights etc, it would have been quite interesting).

rajeshkrv
17th February 2010, 04:51 AM
pooveli was really a best movie for his acting. Very nice performances by both karthik and kausalya.

Karthik is really an underrated actor. He did variety of roles and was very good at everything he did. he suited village and hep characters very well.

unnidathil ennai koduthen was also very good. He was far better than some other heroes of his time and he was second to kamal in acting.

venkkiram
17th February 2010, 07:20 AM
கார்த்திக்கின் பல முயற்சிகள் பிரமிக்க வைக்கும்.

கிழக்கு வாசல்: அம்மா மனோரமா இறந்ததை உணர்ந்து அழுவது. தயாரிப்பாளர் சத்யஜோதி சேனலுக்கு தந்த பேட்டியொன்றில், படப்பிடிப்பு தளத்தில் எல்லோரும் நெகிழ்ந்து, கட் சொல்லாமல் கேமரா ஓடிக்கொண்டே இருந்ததாம் எனச் சொன்ன போது, கமலின் புன்னகை மன்னன் - மரத்தில் சிக்குண்டு கமல் அழும் காட்சியை கட் செய்யாமல் எடுத்துக்கொண்டே இருந்த பாலச்சந்தரின் அனுபவம்தான் நியாபகத்திற்கு வந்தது.

கோ.சீதை : ஒரு இடம் என்றில்லாமல், படம் முழுவதும் இயல்பான நடிப்பில் அசத்தியிருப்பார்.

அக்னி நட்சத்திரம் : தன் தந்தையாருக்கு தனது அம்மா ஒரு வப்பாட்டி என்ற அவமானத்தை கோபமாக வெளிப்படுத்தும் பல காட்சிகள்.

கோபுர வாசலிலே : நாகேஷுடன் இவர் வரும் பள்ளிக் காட்சிகள் எல்லாமே சரவெடி.

littlemaster1982
17th February 2010, 07:56 AM
Yes :oops: I would also add chinna kannamma and poovEli to the list (Great, subdued performaces).

I saw later part of this movie on TV last week and Karthik's performance was quite impressive and the heroine who acted the wife's role looked pretty (what's the name?).

The portion of the movie I saw was above average as well (had they chopped off some of the villain scenes / fights etc, it would have been quite interesting).

Karthik is great in Pooveli :clap: and that actress is Kousalya.

Karthik pulled off a great performance in Gokulathil Seedhai too.

Movie Cop
17th February 2010, 08:09 AM
Karthik - A very good actor who ruined his career due to lack of discipline. :( I like him way better than some of his peers during the 80's like Prabhu, Mohan etc. My favourite Karthik movie list pretty much matches with those from Nerd/Venkiram.

But as AV pointed out, I too thought he was too good in "Amaran" eventhough the movie itself was a flop - thanks to an ordinary screenplay for a hyped movie.

Raikkonen
17th February 2010, 10:33 AM
he's a great all rounder. amazing in comedy..

like UAT and Pistha :lol:

saradhaa_sn
17th February 2010, 02:38 PM
கார்த்திக் நல்ல கலைஞர்தான். சந்தேகமேயில்லை. ஒரு காலத்தில் கல்லூரி மாணவிகளின் ஆதர்ச நாயகனாக வலம் வந்தவர்தான். ஆனால் தனக்குக்கிடைத்த நல்ல வாய்ப்புக்களைத் தொடர்ந்து பயன்படுத்திக் கொண்டிருந்தாரானால் இன்று வரை தொய்வு விழாத நாயகனாக வலம் வந்திருப்பார்.

என்ன செய்வது. கூடாத பழக்கங்களுக்கு வாய்ப்பட்டு, தானே அவற்றைக்கெடுத்துக்கொண்டார். படப்பிடிப்பிடிப்பில் அனைவரையும் காக்க வைத்துவிட்டு லேட்டாக ஷூட்டிங்குக்கு வருவது, அடிக்கடி ஷூட்டிங்களை கேன்ஸல் பண்ணுவது. அதனால் இவருடைய கால்ஷீட் மட்டுமல்ல, இவரோடு நடிப்பவர்களிடமும் தயாரிப்பாளர்கள் வாங்கிய கால்ஷீட்டுகள் வீண். என்னதான் அற்புதமான நடிகராக இருந்தாலும், இதுபோன்ற விரயங்களை தயாரிப்பாளர்களும், இயக்குனர்களும் எத்தனை நாட்கள்தான் பொறுத்துக்கொள்வார்கள்..?. கடும்போட்டி நிறைந்த திரையுலகில், எழுந்துபோய் எச்சில் துப்பிவிட்டு வருவதற்குள், ஒருவர் இடத்தை மற்றவர்கள் பிடித்துக்கொள்வார்கள். அப்படியிருக்க, இவரால் ஏற்படும் தாமதங்களையும், விரயங்களையும் எவ்வளவு நாள் சகித்துக்கொள்வார்கள்?. அதனால்தான், ரசிகர்கள் மத்தியில் அபார செல்வாக்கு இருந்தும் காணாமல் போனார்.

இவரது போட்டியாளர்கள், திறமையில் சில படிகள் கீழே இருந்தபோதிலும், மற்ற விஷயங்களில் (குறிப்பாக படப்பிடிப்புக்கு ஒத்துழைப்பு போன்றவை) பல படிகள் மேலே போய் தங்களை நிலைநிறுத்திக்கொண்டனர்.

அரசியலிலும்கூட அப்படித்தான். ஆரம்பத்தில் தென் மாவட்டங்களில் இவருக்கு கிடைத்த அபார வரவேற்பையும், பொதுக்கூட்டங்களில் கூடிய மக்கள் கூட்டத்தையும் முறைப்படி பயன்படுத்திக் கொண்டிருந்தால் அரசியலிலும் ஒரு நல்ல இடத்துக்கு வந்திருப்பார். அங்கும் இப்படித்தான். பொதுக்கூட்டம் ஏற்பாடு செய்துவிட்டு மிகவும் தாமதமாகப் போவது, அதுகூடப்பரவாயில்லை, பல சமயம் மக்களை காக்க வைத்துவிட்டு கூட்டத்துக்குப்போவதே கிடையாது. (பலமுறை மக்கள் இவரைத் திட்டிக்கொண்டே கலைந்து போவார்களாம். தினசரிகளில் படித்திருக்கிறேன்).

மொத்தத்தில் இவரை யாரும் வீழ்த்தவில்லை. தன்னைத்தானே வீழ்த்திக்கொண்டார்.

Madhu Sree
17th February 2010, 02:42 PM
Karthick in Mouna Ragam - :thumbsup: :cool2:

PARAMASHIVAN
17th February 2010, 03:20 PM

Antha Kurumbu thanam, silimishum ellam karthick's + points.. Most handsome actors of the 80's well after kamal :)

he had the boyish look allway the way till late 90 !

joe
17th February 2010, 03:29 PM
I liked him very much in Gokulathil seethai

PARAMASHIVAN
17th February 2010, 03:50 PM
I liked him very much in Gokulathil seethai

:notworthy:

PARAMASHIVAN
17th February 2010, 03:53 PM
Mouna ragam was though a Mohan Film, Karthick stole the show with great ease in cameo role!

I am suprised no mentioned 'Alaigal Oiyvathillai' :suprised:

Which film had this song by Dr.SPB... 'Pooveil vandu koodum kankl moodum'.. I am sure it was Karthik film , name pls

PARAMASHIVAN
17th February 2010, 04:09 PM
Agni Natchathiram

he simplu outperfroms prabhu in this.. IR songs in this are :notworthy:

saradhaa_sn
17th February 2010, 04:59 PM
Mouna ragam was though a Mohan Film, Karthick stole the show with great ease in cameo role!

Which film had this song by Dr.SPB... 'Pooveil vandu koodum kankl moodum'.. I am sure it was Karthik film , name pls
That is NOT Karthik film.

That is Bharathiraja's 'Kaadhal Oviyam'. Hero name is Kannan, a wonderful performer.

PARAMASHIVAN
17th February 2010, 05:03 PM

That is NOT Karthik film.

That is Bharathiraja's 'Kaadhal Oviyam'. Hero name is Kannan, a wonderful performer.

:oops: sorry I meant ' Pani vizhum malar vanam' which film is that from ?

P_R
17th February 2010, 05:04 PM
ninaivellAm nithyA

The movie that forcefully made the statement that songs should be heard and not seen

PARAMASHIVAN
17th February 2010, 05:10 PM
ninaivellAm nithyA

The movie that forcefully made the statement that songs should be heard and not seen

I know what you mean PR... worst picturisation of the song :banghead:

Is 'Rojavai thaalatum thendral' from the same movie also??

Madhu Sree
17th February 2010, 05:11 PM
ninaivellAm nithyA

:lol2: yeah :x

ninaivellAm nithyA

I know what you mean PR... worst picturisation of the song :banghead:

Is 'Rojavai thaalatum thendral' from the same movie also??

yaaa

PARAMASHIVAN
17th February 2010, 05:18 PM
Madhu

Madhu Sree
17th February 2010, 05:22 PM
Madhu

:notthatway: I L Karthi :swinghead:

Bala (Karthik)
17th February 2010, 05:26 PM

It had terrible acting from all concerned parties, for which BR must not entirely escape blame

PARAMASHIVAN
17th February 2010, 05:29 PM

It had terrible acting from all concerned parties, for which BR must not entirely escape blame

what including thiyagarajan :shock:

19thmay
17th February 2010, 05:30 PM
Fine actor, I liked many of his movies but of late his performance in Suyamvaram as an absent minded doctor made me to :rotfl2: He was fantastic in that movie though his role was small.

"Interview-ku edhukku lungi-laam kattitu vandhrukaanga?"

Roshan
17th February 2010, 05:38 PM
ninaivellAm nithyA

hehe :lol2:

Specially the way they massacred the all time classic 'pani vizhum malarvanam' :x

PARAMASHIVAN
17th February 2010, 05:43 PM
I feel the problam with Karthik, is that all his roles were of 'Lover boy' roles.. He excelled in that along with comedy, but he did not attempt at various roles, with the exception of Agni natchathiram and amaran.

It is really sad to see such atalent being wasted , when we are flooded with loads of 'Hero wannabes' these days

Roshan
17th February 2010, 05:45 PM
His supporting role in Ajith starrer Aanada PoongaRRE was again memorable. My all time favourite Karthik movie is 'unnidathil ennai koduthEn' - climax'la pitchi uthaRi iruppAr.

raghavendran
17th February 2010, 05:53 PM
karthik is back with mani's raavan....expecting a lot

PARAMASHIVAN
17th February 2010, 06:11 PM
karthik is back with mani's raavan....expecting a lot

mee to :P

P_R
17th February 2010, 06:15 PM

Acting in BR movies is usually quite ordinary. Isn't it ?
It is pretty much upto the actors to bail themselves out in whatever measure possible.

PARAMASHIVAN
17th February 2010, 06:18 PM
How about Ullathai alli thaa :lol2:

Karthick, anNan, Senthil, Brrr VAM, Manivannan

DEADLY COMBO :rotfl3:

Bala (Karthik)
17th February 2010, 06:18 PM

It is pretty much upto the actors to bail themselves out in whatever measure possible.
Adhe dhaan. I don't know how to explain AE though (yenna BR "directs" his actors)

Plum
17th February 2010, 06:46 PM

Yes, I am yet to be cured completely of PudhumaipeNN(almost made me disown revathy :-) )

Aalavanthan
17th February 2010, 06:48 PM
Ponnumani - One of the "vetti sattai" genre films of RVUK.. I liked him in this movie.. very matured.. had Gounder alongside .. had all masala elements

Aalavanthan
17th February 2010, 06:52 PM
So.. My likes..

Mouna Raagam
Agni Natchathiram
Amaran
Ponnumani
Kizhaku Vaasal
Gopura Vaasalilae - guess first time (after he got recogn) without the mush - he was pretty handsome with the foggy atmosphere around
Ullathai Alli thaa
Mettukudi - Thanks to Gounder for both these..
Harichandra - Liked it very much without the likes of Gounder/Vadivelu

Waiting for Raavana

P_R
17th February 2010, 06:55 PM
he was pretty handsome with the foggy atmosphere around :lol:

PARAMASHIVAN
17th February 2010, 06:57 PM

enNa siripu Foggy nu sonaru athukaa??

Aalavanthan
17th February 2010, 06:59 PM

so inga oru manishan serious-aa onnu kooda post panna koodadhu.. rightu vidunga :lol:

Params.. sila heroines-a azhagaa kaaturadhukaaga Ootyla, Kodaikaanalaa, illai chennaiyila maargazhi maasa vidiyar kaalaiyila pinnaadi pugai pOttu arimuga paduthuvaanga .. appa thaan avinga azhaghaa irupaangalaam..

Cinemarasigan
17th February 2010, 07:25 PM
Very good Actor,
Varusham 16, Kizhakku vaasal are all time favs..

not sure what he is going to do from now..

Dilbert
17th February 2010, 07:59 PM
So.. My likes..

Waiting for Raavana

Karthik in Raavana ?? :shock:

rangan_08
17th February 2010, 08:08 PM
Mouna ragan
Varusham 16
Agni natchathiram
Kizhakku vasal
Gokulathil seethai
Chinna jameen

PARAMASHIVAN
17th February 2010, 08:43 PM
So.. My likes..

Waiting for Raavana

Karthik in Raavana ?? :shock:

ithkuEn shock ahureenga, he is in Raavan, wish SS was the raavanan in Raavana :cry:

Nerd
17th February 2010, 08:43 PM
Chinna jameen
:shock: nijamaavaa.. very worshtu film :twisted: (very worshtu album of Raja as well if I am not wrong)

Plum
17th February 2010, 08:53 PM
Chinna jameen
:shock: nijamaavaa.. very worshtu film :twisted: (very worshtu album of Raja as well if I am not wrong)

As for the album
1. nAN yAru - guilty pleasure :-)
2. oru mandharapoo - nothing earth shaking but nice melody.
3. onappu thattu - quite endearing

Movie Cop
17th February 2010, 10:44 PM
Chinna jameen
Not sure whether Rangan is listing based on memorable movies or roles. Chinna Jameen is a worshtu pilim, no two ways about it. But Karthik did well in his given role, I thought. :)

PARAMASHIVAN
17th February 2010, 10:47 PM
Chinna Jamein

Oh namma Nagma oda pilim ah :lol2:

Movie Cop
17th February 2010, 10:53 PM
Chinna Jamein

hello birathar... adhu nagma illai... Vinitha oda debut pilim. "Thakaalli uruthu" scene remba famous :oops: Indhi-le Mithun chakrakatti ellam indha fudhu game try panaarpla! :lol2:

Avadi to America
17th February 2010, 11:08 PM
Chinna Jamein

hello birathar... adhu nagma illai... Vinitha oda debut pilim. "Thakaalli uruthu" scene remba famous :oops: Indhi-le Mithun chakrakatti ellam indha fudhu game try panaarpla! :lol2:

Thanks movie cop!!!

it is a kind of nastalgia for me.....i was in school at the time.....

padathoda main hero as usual mottai.....

Movie Cop
17th February 2010, 11:19 PM
A2A,
Mottai oda own standards-ku indha padathule meejik konjam underwhelming thaan, IMO. But padam-ehh remba underwhelming, so meejik just fitted/complemented the movie anyways.

Padathoda main hero = Heroini Vinitha-vo nu yoiska thonudhu :think:

jaiganes
18th February 2010, 02:10 AM
Chinna jameen

neenga kanna moodikittu kaekkanum
illai kaettu pazhaganum...

holds good for very many films around that time period.

venkkiram
18th February 2010, 08:10 AM
கிழக்கு வாசல் - பாடி பறந்த கிளி பாடல்.. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWlXnxNMJS8)

பாத்திரத்தின் சூழ்நிலையை உணர்ந்து, ரொம்ப இயல்பான முகபாவங்களை கொடுத்திருப்பார். பாடல் முழுவதும் இருபது அடிக்கும் குறைவான இடத்தில் நின்றுகொண்டும், நடந்துகொண்டும்..

பஞ்சு வெடிச்சா அது நூலாப் போகும்
நெஞ்சு வெடிச்சா அது தாங்காது
சேதாரம் செஞ்சவரு யாரு யாரு!

என்ற வரிகளில் மனதை தொடுவார்.

இதே படத்தில் வரும் பச்ச மலப் பூவு (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYZu1xsKOBE)

இதுவும் ஒரே வீட்டில், முற்றத்தை சுற்றியே வலம் வந்து பாடல் முழுதும் ரேவதியை சந்தோஷப்படுத்துவார்.

எத்தனை முறை பார்த்தாலும், கார்த்திக்கின் முகம் போரடிக்க மாட்டேங்குதே ஏன் என்று எங்க ஊர் ஓவியர் ஒருவரிடம் கேட்டேன். அவர் சொன்னது "முகத்தில் எடுப்பாக எதுவுமே அமையாமல், நெற்றி, கண், மூக்கு, கன்னம், காது, பற்கள் என எல்லாமே கனக் கச்சிதமா அமையப்பெற்ற பாகங்களை முகத்தில் கொண்டவர்கள் சிலர் தான் சினிமாவில் இருக்கிறார்கள். அதில் முக்கியமானவர் கார்த்திக்" எனப் பதில் அளித்தார்.

groucho070
18th February 2010, 08:17 AM
Mouna ragam was though a Mohan Film, Karthick stole the show with great ease in cameo role!I am not doing a historical revision here, because I had already said it then. That, the role is well written, any decent actor could pull it off and do the so-called "scene stealing". Take him out, and just put his character in a flashback dialogue, you still have a great film, and wonderful performance from Mohan.

venkkiram
18th February 2010, 08:27 AM
"என்னைத் தொட்டு அள்ளிக்கொண்ட (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Nm04p88DHM&feature=related)" - பள்ளி பருவத்தில் இந்தப் பாடலுக்கு அப்படியொரு அடிமை நான்.

பாடல் என்றால் ஐந்து நிமிட நேரத்தில் குறைந்து நான்கு உடையில் நாயகர்-நாயகி வரும் காலக்கட்டம் அது. முழுவதும் ஒரே உடையில், அதே வேளையில் போரடிக்காமால் வலம் வரும் கார்த்திக் மற்றும் மோனிஷா.

படத்தில், மோனிஷாவின் துர்மரணத்தை கண்டு ரொம்ப :cry:

littlemaster1982
18th February 2010, 08:27 AM

She had a horrible death in real life too :(

venkkiram
18th February 2010, 08:33 AM
any decent actor could pull it off and do the so-called "scene stealing".

"any special actor" can be a opt usage than "any decent actor" I feel. Any decent actor would have done the same role, but we may not be talking about them here. This is where karthik makes such a difference.

Movie Cop
18th February 2010, 08:33 AM
Mouna ragam was though a Mohan Film, Karthick stole the show with great ease in cameo role!I am not doing a historical revision here, because I had already said it then. That, the role is well written, any decent actor could pull it off and do the so-called "scene stealing". Take him out, and just put his character in a flashback dialogue, you still have a great film, and wonderful performance from Mohan.
Rakesh Bro,
Agree that Karthik's role was well written. But still Karthik brought in the much required "charm factor" to that role which I reckon most of the Tamil actors would have failed there miserably. that would have made the difference between him and most of the other actors in that era. That's a kind of role for someone like Karthik (or the present day Maddy) to fill in and do justice.

Having said that I agree that Mohan fitted Mouna Raga like a "T" and his role was well written too. :D

groucho070
18th February 2010, 08:48 AM
MC, agreed on the charm factor. I could imagine Prabhu doing justice to it too (at that time).

Having said that, I have this stupid theory that the descent of an actor's performances is directly proportionate to his receeding hairline :P

Ejjambil: Rajini*, Karthik*, Prabhu*, Mohan & other follically challenged 80s stars.

Exception: Sathyaraj - who is always mediocre.

*they still have it in them, but we have yet to see that :(

Movie Cop
18th February 2010, 09:04 AM
Having said that, I have this stupid theory that the descent of an actor's performances is directly proportionate to his receeding hairline :P

Ejjambil: Rajini*, Karthik*, Prabhu*, Mohan & other follically challenged 80s stars.
:lol:

Plum
18th February 2010, 09:31 AM
Geouch, pirabhu of 85-86 as Manohar? Sounds a stretch, much as I rate Ganesan Jr.
Wasn't it his sangili meesai, kirudha phase? Mani would have had to do some refurbishing, water service* etc :-). That kind of roguish charm that Karthik brought wouldn't have suited Prabhu(esp the 1985 version). His is more of an impish charm, isn't it(even the later refurbished version of agni n times)

Otoh,while I can imagine the Prabhu of 88-89 doing Ashok Viswanath, one can't imagine Karthik doing half justice to Gautam Viswanath!

19thmay
18th February 2010, 09:35 AM

Monisha yaaru? :?

app_engine
18th February 2010, 09:48 AM

She won NA for nakakshathangaL (Malayalam movie, her debut).

Died in an accident :-(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monisha

Plum
18th February 2010, 09:52 AM
[tscii:ab666196ef]

ªŸ¤Í¤¿²Í, ®Ë©¿·¾µ¿©Í ¤Á°Í®°£¤Í¤È •£ÍŸÁ °Ê®Íª :cry:

Idhu kooda theriyaadhaa? TR-Oda monalisa.[/tscii:ab666196ef]

19thmay
18th February 2010, 09:58 AM
Thanks app and Plum. :)

groucho070
18th February 2010, 10:54 AM
GThat kind of roguish charm that Karthik brought wouldn't have suited Prabhu(esp the 1985 version). His is more of an impish charm, isn't it(even the later refurbished version of agni n times)Impish or vampish, etho oru charm kondu varuvaru. It was just an example. For all you know, there could have been a lesser actor who probably could have launched a successful career with this well-written role.

But I am not putting Karthik down. The man had it in him...some of my friends claimed that he is next to Kamal, which I didn't agree then. What the heck, I have not agreed to any candidates chosen as "next to Kamal" till today :P

Plum
18th February 2010, 12:26 PM
GThat kind of roguish charm that Karthik brought wouldn't have suited Prabhu(esp the 1985 version). His is more of an impish charm, isn't it(even the later refurbished version of agni n times)Impish or vampish, etho oru charm kondu varuvaru. It was just an example. For all you know, there could have been a lesser actor who probably could have launched a successful career with this well-written role.

But I am not putting Karthik down. The man had it in him...some of my friends claimed that he is next to Kamal, which I didn't agree then. What the heck, I have not agreed to any candidates chosen as "next to Kamal" till today :P

grouch, you must consider the prevailing circumstances. Who else was there who could have? Dilip*? Mohan? Suresh? SV Sekar Unless an unknown aspiring actor with talent and charm was available and went unheralded into the history books, the landscape of tamil filmdom doesnt show anyone who would have fitted the bill. Including Ilayathilagam.

* Dilip, btw, apparently was a classmate of Rajni in the film course latter did in Chennai - and was the topper of the class to Rajni's backbench bottom lister:-)

Plum
18th February 2010, 12:29 PM
Mohan's role, otoh, was the generic one anyone could have done. What did he have to do really? Quite an overrated performance - and possibly, the acclaim he gets for this role is a result of the below-average performances in every other role he did. Two Lines Theory.

(Who was it who commented yesterday that if Mother Tirisa is underplaying in VTV, the role must be of a coma patient? :lol:)

P_R
18th February 2010, 12:42 PM
Dilip - I so wish some mimicry artist would nail this guy - went out of circulation of circulation when Visu went out of circulation. ஒரு சில படங்கள்ல wayward "modern-youth"ஆ வருவார். Coolness-ல winner Prashanth கூட நெருங்கமுடியாது

Plum
18th February 2010, 12:46 PM
Other candidates for the role around that time - Rajiv, 'Vaagai' Chandrasekhar, possibly 'Kannada' Ravichandran.
Enough said.

Roshan
18th February 2010, 12:55 PM

Completely Agree ! Though everybody talks of Karthik in Maouna Raagam it was Mohan who I liked the most. Mohan's best performance IMO.

P_R
18th February 2010, 12:55 PM
Was just imagining Chandrashekar's charming smile in the Chandramouli scene

Plum
18th February 2010, 01:00 PM

What? Take out the flashback - and you take out the charm of the movie. Violently disagree. Mohan's best, maybe. That just speaks about Mohan's limited capability :-)

groucho070
18th February 2010, 01:07 PM
Well, Plum all I can think of is Prabhu. In MR's hand at that time, he could have pulled something off.

At the same time, I still stand by Mohan's performance. Anyone else would have been uncomfortable in a role devoid of any macho-ness the 80s stars including the best ones would never have touched. Mohan was the right man for it and he did a fantastic job.

Plum
18th February 2010, 01:16 PM
Well, Plum all I can think of is Prabhu. In MR's hand at that time, he could have pulled something off.

At the same time, I still stand by Mohan's performance. Anyone else would have been uncomfortable in a role devoid of any macho-ness the 80s stars including the best ones would never have touched. Mohan was the right man for it and he did a fantastic job.

Rajesh? A little less sophisticated(I am :lol: at myself for having to say this in the context of Mohan), maybe. Nevertheless, not so difficult to pull off. oNyumE illai, andha role-la.

Infact, Rajesh did a similar role with Nadhiya in nilavae malarae.

groucho070
18th February 2010, 01:24 PM
Boss, am talking about lead actors then. Athu eppadi antha role-la Onniyum Illa-nu sollurengga. It's a tough role. Come on, that's a brooder and you have a sexually repressed one at that. I can't believe I am attempting to detail his character here. Just look at the song sequences, Nilave Va & Mandram Vanthu. Very expressive those faces...too bad both singing and speaking voices are not his so I will not call it an award winning performance.

Plum
18th February 2010, 01:27 PM
Boss, am talking about lead actors then. Athu eppadi antha role-la Onniyum Illa-nu sollurengga. It's a tough role. Come on, that's a brooder and you have a sexually repressed one at that. I can't believe I am attempting to detail his character here. Just look at the song sequences, Nilave Va & Mandram Vanthu. Very expressive those faces...too bad both singing and speaking voices are not his so I will not call it an award winning performance.

:D
Actually, angE dhAn problem. That sexually repressed aspect never showed up in Mohan's body language or expressions. We clearly disagree on this. Right!

Roshan
18th February 2010, 01:32 PM

Plum is comparing with Rajesh and that too in nilavE malarE (nalla vElai antha 7 naatkALa vittuttAr :lol2: ) And that sums it up :lol2:

TF industry'a and perumpaalaana rasigargaLa porutha varai - anything which is loud is called best performance :lol2:.

Plum
18th February 2010, 01:51 PM

Plum is comparing with Rajesh and that too in nilavE malarE (nalla vElai antha 7 naatkALa vittuttAr :lol2: ) And that sums it up :lol2:

TF industry'a and perumpaalaana rasigargaLa porutha varai - anything which is loud is called best performance :lol2:.

It seems like not-acting is 'natural', 'subtle', vengayam, perungayam,w hat-not for sirupAnmaiyAna TF rasigargaL :-)

groucho070
18th February 2010, 01:53 PM
Actually, angE dhAn problem. That sexually repressed aspect never showed up in Mohan's body language or expressions. We clearly disagree on this. Right!Athukunnu lips-ai kadichi, udamba valaichi, appuram kinattru tanni-ya mela uttura scene venuma? MR constructed an entire song sequence (Pani Vizhum Iravu) to show this.

Plum
18th February 2010, 01:57 PM
Actually, angE dhAn problem. That sexually repressed aspect never showed up in Mohan's body language or expressions. We clearly disagree on this. Right!Athukunnu lips-ai kadichi, udamba valaichi, appuram kinattru tanni-ya mela uttura scene venuma? MR constructed an entire song sequence (Pani Vizhum Iravu) to show this.

grouch :evil:.
avar -20 levella irundhAr, Zero levella illai-nu sonnA +20 level vENumAnnu kEtta epdi?

Appu s
18th February 2010, 01:57 PM
Actually, angE dhAn problem. That sexually repressed aspect never showed up in Mohan's body language or expressions. We clearly disagree on this. Right!Athukunnu lips-ai kadichi, udamba valaichi, appuram kinattru tanni-ya mela uttura scene venuma?

Bala (Karthik)
18th February 2010, 02:01 PM
:rotfl2:
Enakku remba naala oru doubtu. Thanni-a mondu oothikkarathukkum 'adhukkum' enna sammandham? Yen TFI ippadi kaatraanga :confused2:

Appu s
18th February 2010, 02:01 PM
Was just imagining Chandrashekar's charming smile in the Chandramouli scene
Somewhere read that the scene was there in Pallavi anupallavi also,it will be useful if the video is available in net :D

P_R
18th February 2010, 02:03 PM
btw for the attention of சொந்தக் குரல் பிரியர் கிரவுசோ. Surendhar was doing most of the acting in the film.

For instance, the scene where Revathi tries to be endearing and fiddles with the music player has Mohan lashing out at her and then calling the travel agent to book her ticket back home. It was a good performance from Mohan but one will have to give credit to SN Surendhar too.

I don't have a problem with that, but I remember you have trouble with 'borrowed' voices. :P

To make an assessment I recommend you watch Mohan's mellifluous own-voice rendition in sondham 16.

Bala (Karthik)
18th February 2010, 02:05 PM
Adhaane :razz:

To make an assessment I recommend you watch Mohan's mellifluous own-voice rendition in sondham 16.

P_R
18th February 2010, 02:08 PM
:rotfl2:
Enakku remba naala oru doubtu. Thanni-a mondu oothikkarathukkum 'adhukkum' enna sammandham? Yen TFI ippadi kaatraanga :confused2:

Alvy Singer in Annie Hall when his wife has a headache..
I'm gonna take another in a series of cold showers.

Bala (Karthik)
18th February 2010, 02:09 PM
Oh, amaam illa! Appo idhu eeniversal-a...

P_R
18th February 2010, 02:11 PM
Oh, amaam illa! Appo idhu eeniversal-a...

Theoreticians ஒரு அளவுக்கு தான் இந்த சர்ச்சைல கருத்து தெரிவிக்க முடியின்.

19thmay
18th February 2010, 02:12 PM
Pacha thannila kulikiradhu - scientifically proved thaane!

groucho070
18th February 2010, 02:13 PM
btw for the attention of சொந்தக் குரல் பிரியர் கிரவுசோ. Surendhar was doing most of the acting in the film.

I don't have a problem with that, but I remember you have trouble with 'borrowed' voices. :P
...too bad both singing and speaking voices are not his so I will not call it an award winning performance. :D I still have problem with "borrowed" voices. 8-)

Bala (Karthik)
18th February 2010, 02:14 PM
PR :lol:

SS,
Well, ah, its getting too technical for this forum :oops:

P_R
18th February 2010, 02:15 PM
Oh...award wonly problem-ஆ. :lol2:
Award committees can decline for rules like the : subtitles are not in sans-serif

joe
18th February 2010, 02:15 PM
Enakku remba naala oru doubtu. Thanni-a mondu oothikkarathukkum 'adhukkum' enna sammandham?
:lol: enakkum intha doubt romba naaLa irukku

P_R
18th February 2010, 02:16 PM

அப்பொ குத்தாலத்துல குளிக்கிறவங்க <VAM bleep>

19thmay
18th February 2010, 02:20 PM
Adhula paarunga.... :lol2:

Sabarimalaikku maalai poduravaanga early morning-la pacha thanni-la kulikiraanga? strong connection!

P_R
18th February 2010, 02:24 PM
Sabarimalaikku maalai poduravaanga early morning-la pacha thanni-la kulikiraanga? strong connection!

பிஸ்தா-ல கார்த்திக் குளிப்பாரு.
ஹப்பா..எப்பிடியோ topics-ல கொண்டு வந்து முடிச்சாச்சு.

Appu s
18th February 2010, 02:28 PM

That is for different reason :twisted:

Plum
18th February 2010, 02:29 PM

பிஸ்தா-ல கார்த்திக் குளிப்பாரு.
ஹப்பா..எப்பிடியோ topics-ல கொண்டு வந்து முடிச்சாச்சு.
In one aiyappan movie, Karthi goes to Sabarimalai.

joe
18th February 2010, 02:32 PM

சங்கோஜமான விஷயம் இல்லைன்னா என்ன காரணம்-ன்னு சொல்லலாமே .தெரிஞ்சுக்க தான் :)

Appu s
18th February 2010, 02:42 PM

சங்கோஜமான விஷயம் இல்லைன்னா என்ன காரணம்-ன்னு சொல்லலாமே .தெரிஞ்சுக்க தான் :)joe sabari malai la kulir athigama irukkum.antha soolnilaikku nammala thayar paduthikkannu oru kaaranam solvanga.

joe
18th February 2010, 02:53 PM

சங்கோஜமான விஷயம் இல்லைன்னா என்ன காரணம்-ன்னு சொல்லலாமே .தெரிஞ்சுக்க தான் :)joe sabari malai la kulir athigama irukkum.antha soolnilaikku nammala thayar paduthikkannu oru kaaranam solvanga.

ஓ..சரி :)

Appu s
18th February 2010, 03:34 PM

:lol: vera ethavathu kaaranamnna neenga sollalam. :neutral:

PARAMASHIVAN
18th February 2010, 03:55 PM
Geouch, pirabhu of 85-86 as Manohar? Sounds a stretch, much as I rate Ganesan Jr.
Wasn't it his sangili meesai, kirudha phase? Mani would have had to do some refurbishing, water service* etc :-). That kind of roguish charm that Karthik brought wouldn't have suited Prabhu(esp the 1985 version). His is more of an impish charm, isn't it(even the later refurbished version of agni n times)

Otoh,while I can imagine the Prabhu of 88-89 doing Ashok Viswanath, one can't imagine Karthik doing half justice to Gautam Viswanath!

PARAMASHIVAN
18th February 2010, 03:59 PM
That just speaks about Mohan's limited capability :-)

I am just thinking where 'Mohan' would have been without IR & SPB :rotfl:

PARAMASHIVAN
18th February 2010, 04:04 PM

அப்பொ குத்தாலத்துல குளிக்கிறவங்க <VAM bleep>

:rotfl3:

VAM rulzzzz :notworthy:

joe
18th February 2010, 05:24 PM

:lol: vera ethavathu kaaranamnna neenga sollalam. :neutral:

nothing much different.

1.நோன்பு காலத்தில் இதை ஒரு ஒறுத்தல் அல்லது பிராத்தனையின் அங்கமாக செய்யலாம். 2.அக்காலத்தில் உடல் சார்ந்த புலன்களை அடக்கும் திறனை வளர்த்துக்கொள்ள இருக்கலாம்.

HonestRaj
18th February 2010, 08:16 PM
கார்த்திக் நல்ல கலைஞர்தான். சந்தேகமேயில்லை.

Yes

இவரது போட்டியாளர்கள், திறமையில் சில படிகள் கீழே இருந்தபோதிலும், மற்ற விஷயங்களில் (குறிப்பாக படப்பிடிப்புக்கு ஒத்துழைப்பு போன்றவை) பல படிகள் மேலே போய் தங்களை நிலைநிறுத்திக்கொண்டனர்.

:)

I always like the quote:
survival of the fittest :thumbsup:

MADDY
18th February 2010, 08:19 PM

pls include surender too - he was literally the voice of mohan :)

HonestRaj
18th February 2010, 08:21 PM

PR.. I wish to see ur (small) review of

THAMIZHCHELVAN .. or else from ur memory.. if u had seen it earlier

PARAMASHIVAN
18th February 2010, 09:06 PM

pls include surender too - he was literally the voice of mohan :)

yah without S.N.Surender, he would have been Govinda GOOvinda

:rotfl:

Vivasaayi
18th February 2010, 09:16 PM
Mohan is not that bad an actor as he is perceived to be - better than lots of today's actors..

kilinjalgal,mouna ragam are good ones

HonestRaj
18th February 2010, 09:18 PM
Nooravadhu naal < for Mohan>

Vivasaayi
18th February 2010, 09:18 PM
PR.. I wish to see ur (small) review of

THAMIZHCHELVAN .. or else from ur memory.. if u had seen it earlier

"naan oru thadava thaan solluven...ore thadava thaan solluven...kekala adichu solluven..adhuthaan thamizhchelvan"

a very entertaning movie but for the last 30 minutes.

vijayakanth :clap:

PARAMASHIVAN
18th February 2010, 09:22 PM
This thread is Karthick discuss only about him !

HonestRaj
18th February 2010, 09:31 PM

neenga ella threadlayum digress pannuveenga.. nanga panna koodadha

HonestRaj
18th February 2010, 09:32 PM
Paramu.. remove "c" from "karthick" from the thread title

Vivasaayi
18th February 2010, 09:33 PM
yah without S.N.Surender, he would have been Govinda GOOvinda

recursive function maadhiriya idhu?..parameter passed to the same function

Vivasaayi
18th February 2010, 09:34 PM
but Im curious about when navarasa naayagan became rasaapaasa nayagan ...from ponnumani?..but thats a HIT!

karthik and prabhu lost the track suddenly..isnt it?

Raikkonen
18th February 2010, 09:36 PM

ithu oevr..

eeramana rojave ellam balu uncle than paadunara?

PARAMASHIVAN
18th February 2010, 09:37 PM

ithu oevr..

that was kamal film not mohan

HonestRaj
18th February 2010, 09:37 PM
but Im curious about when navarasa naayagan became rasaapaasa nayagan ...from ponnumani?..but thats a HIT!

karthik and prabhu lost the track suddenly..isnt it?

I think RVU.. changed the trend. ."Kizhakku Vaasal" --> from then. .all top heroes tried a Coimbatore / Pollachi based character

HonestRaj
18th February 2010, 09:38 PM

ithu oevr..

ss chandran:

suththam :?

Raikkonen
18th February 2010, 09:40 PM

ithu oevr..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW5GOEM-R2g

ippa enna seyveenga, ippa enna seyveenga.. jammallakkadi.. ippa enna seiveenga..

PARAMASHIVAN
18th February 2010, 09:40 PM

ithu oevr..

sorry , I was thinking of 'kanNe kalaiy mane'

besides, the MD was IR, this what I said, MOHAN will always have an IR or SPB and Suernder in his films

HonestRaj
18th February 2010, 09:41 PM
unga ID-ya padikkumpodhu. I remainded of:

Saamy

ramesh kanna: nan police illa. .porukki
vikram: yov paramasivam :lol: < this laugh is by vikram>

Navarasa Nayagan Paramashivan :wave:

Vivasaayi
18th February 2010, 09:43 PM
besides, the MD was IR, this what I said, MOHAN will always have an IR or SPB and Suernder in his films

Now then - if u take IR as the main factor..how many movies of other heroes would had run those many days without IR?

Every hero had IR by their side in that period....mohan should be given credit.He played the role that is tailor made for him aptly - and he was very succesful in it.Mohan had fans then - not just because of songs :)

MADDY
18th February 2010, 09:44 PM

Now then - if u take IR as the main factor..how many movies of other heroes would had run those many days without IR?

Every hero had IR by their side in that period....mohan should be given credit.He played the role that is tailor made for him aptly - and he was very succesful in it.Mohan had fans then - not just because of songs :)

sp akka is a fan of mohan illaya :)

HonestRaj
18th February 2010, 09:45 PM

sutta pazham parkkanumnu sonnanga.. vendam suttudum nu solli ellorum thaduthuttom

Vivasaayi
18th February 2010, 09:46 PM

ohh...mohan avlo periya actora?..hehe..she is not coming to hub nowadays right?...

PARAMASHIVAN
18th February 2010, 09:46 PM
How was 'Amaran' I hardly remember the film, except the song by Karthik, it was hilarious the way he sand it...

HonestRaj
18th February 2010, 09:48 PM
How was 'Amaran' I hardly remember the film, except the song by Karthik, it was hilarious the way he sand it...

sandhirare suriyare is auperb melody having SPB & KJY versions..

musthafa by karthik .. dhum kattirupparu

Vivasaayi
18th February 2010, 09:48 PM
I like a particular song in amaran - chandhirane sooriyane song.

There is KJY version to that song which sound too good- the usual version we hear is SPB version

MADDY
18th February 2010, 09:50 PM
Amaran was a pretty dark movie for its times........movie didnt do well , if im not wrong :)

Raikkonen
18th February 2010, 09:50 PM

soor..

songs were a rage here (seriously).

PARAMASHIVAN
18th February 2010, 09:51 PM
wasn't the md Hamsalekha or was it adithyan??

MADDY
18th February 2010, 09:52 PM
wasn't the md Hamsalekha or was it adithyan??

Adithyan

Vivasaayi
18th February 2010, 09:52 PM
Amaran was a pretty dark movie for its times........movie didnt do well , if im not wrong :)

as far as I remember it had a decent run.

Karthik's 100th movie :)

Movie Cop
18th February 2010, 10:49 PM

There is KJY version to that song which sound too good- the usual version we hear is SPB version
Amaran songs were chartbusters well before the movie release. Karthik sang "Vetallai potta sokule" and Srividya sang a song (Sandhai Bajaar)... The movie carried excellent pre-release hype in Chennai during those days. It was originally planned for '91 Diwali release clashing with "Guna" & "Thalapathy". Rumour has it that GV, producer of Thalapathy, played a part in ensuring the delay of "Amaran" release to avoid a clash with his movie. I also vaguely remember there was a court stay order on "Amaran" release. Does anyone know/recall why? :roll:

Movie Cop
18th February 2010, 10:55 PM
Yes, padam seriya odalai. :(

PARAMASHIVAN
18th February 2010, 10:59 PM
Vaanga movie cop

Patroling elLam mudinchuthaa :lol2:

Movie Cop
18th February 2010, 11:01 PM
Vaanga movie cop

Patroling elLam mudinchuthaa :lol2:
ellam aachu saarey, now night duty! :lol:

Nerd
18th February 2010, 11:04 PM
"என்னைத் தொட்டு அள்ளிக்கொண்ட (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Nm04p88DHM&feature=related)" - பள்ளி பருவத்தில் இந்தப் பாடலுக்கு அப்படியொரு அடிமை நான்.

பாடல் என்றால் ஐந்து நிமிட நேரத்தில் குறைந்து நான்கு உடையில் நாயகர்-நாயகி வரும் காலக்கட்டம் அது. முழுவதும் ஒரே உடையில், அதே வேளையில் போரடிக்காமால் வலம் வரும் கார்த்திக் மற்றும் மோனிஷா.

Karthik accidentally locks her inside a huge petti is it not? sariyaa nyaabagam illai :?

Excellent song btw. Very addictive rhythm. You feet would start tapping involuntarily.

venkkiram
18th February 2010, 11:20 PM

Karthik accidentally locks her inside a huge petti is it not? sariyaa nyaabagam illai :?

Excellent song btw. Very addictive rhythm. You feet would start tapping involuntarily.

குறிப்பா, பாடலின் ஆரம்பத்திலும், இரண்டாவது சரணத்திற்கு முன்பு வரும் ஆலாபனைகள். சுகானுபவம்!

Sanjeevi
18th February 2010, 11:31 PM

Sandirare is good but not superb. On the other hand "Vasanthame" song is fantastic one.

PARAMASHIVAN
19th February 2010, 03:34 PM

Sandirare is good but not superb. On the other hand "Vasanthame" song is fantastic one.

How can I forget this SPB song.... excellent song pa....

SPB :notworthy:

PARAMASHIVAN
19th February 2010, 03:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjbwNGQuFNw

enjaay

PARAMASHIVAN
19th February 2010, 03:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbL_wMgvQCw

double enjaay (gounds style)

Aalavanthan
19th February 2010, 04:20 PM

Musthafa and Vethala pottu sokkula was fun during those days.. yaaru paadinaa nu kooda theriyaadhu :lol: .. adhenamo theriyala nadigargal paada aarambichaa Bass jaasthi aayidudhu.. still remembering.. "kaadu pottal kaadu sengaathu veesum kaadu ".. BR ku ivalavu Bass-aaa .. when I first heard this song, I thought it was sung by Karthik's close friend Actor Thyaagu :lol:

But vethala potu sokkula was just awesome..
ai sa lakadi mettu thaanunga.. (Thirumaaraa.. indha line ku meaning please)
amaran paatula thaan getti kaaranga

PARAMASHIVAN
19th February 2010, 07:55 PM
listening to musthafa , Karthik's voice is similar to IR.. may be this y IR sang many songs for Karthik

PARAMASHIVAN
5th March 2010, 03:39 PM
wasn't Aayiram
pookal Malarattum a Kartik film???

dell_gt
6th March 2010, 02:45 PM
PARAMASHIVAN wrote:

one of my fav movie...

PARAMASHIVAN
8th March 2010, 05:42 PM
Nadodi Thendral .... I didn't know it was directed by BR :shock: was it a hit? IR music :notworthy:

HonestRaj
8th March 2010, 08:08 PM
Today evening KTV showed

AGNI NATCHATHRAM

Karthik ... :smokesmirk: :clap: :clap:

Prabhu too... :clap:

PARAMASHIVAN
8th March 2010, 08:10 PM
Today evening KTV showed

AGNI NATCHATHRAM

:notworthy: :notworthy:

Avadi to America
8th March 2010, 08:19 PM

Amaran songs were chartbusters well before the movie release. Karthik sang "Vetallai potta sokule" and Srividya sang a song (Sandhai Bajaar)... The movie carried excellent pre-release hype in Chennai during those days. It was originally planned for '91 Diwali release clashing with "Guna" & "Thalapathy". Rumour has it that GV, producer of Thalapathy, played a part in ensuring the delay of "Amaran" release to avoid a clash with his movie. I also vaguely remember there was a court stay order on "Amaran" release. Does anyone know/recall why? :roll:

you are right.... some one got court stay order on amaran.... when songs got released, the real competition in musical chart is between thalapathy and amaran....vethalapotta sokkula was quite popular at the time....and sanda bazar from srividya also.....later amran got released during '92 pongal

PARAMASHIVAN
8th March 2010, 08:28 PM
hmm didn't know that...

hattori_hanzo
8th March 2010, 08:29 PM
Nadodi Thendral .... I didn't know it was directed by BR :shock: was it a hit? IR music :notworthy:

Nice songs. Movie was a big flop.

PARAMASHIVAN
8th March 2010, 08:30 PM

Nice songs. Movie was a big flop.

hmm thought so...

HonestRaj
8th March 2010, 08:37 PM
one small rememberance:

In Kovai.. there is a 3 theater complex:

Ganga -Yamuna - Kaveri

at one point of time.. all 3 was showing Karthik films

Idhu Namma Bhoomi - Nadodi Thendral - Nadodi Paatukkaran

HonestRaj
10th March 2010, 08:40 PM
indhanga indhanga.. ellorukkum pudicha paattu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Nm04p88DHM&feature=PlayList&p=D4F59F635C5F27F5&index=9

PARAMASHIVAN
10th March 2010, 08:53 PM
indhanga indhanga.. ellorukkum pudicha paattu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Nm04p88DHM&feature=PlayList&p=D4F59F635C5F27F5&index=9

Of course SPB + IR combination has always been deadly

groucho070
11th March 2010, 07:07 AM
Caught last part of Amaran last night.

Let's say that only Radha Ravi interested me this time. BGM had strong IR influence, though.

Edit. Add overall Manirathnam pastiche feeling.

Movie Cop
11th March 2010, 07:29 AM
Today evening KTV showed

AGNI NATCHATHRAM

Karthik was super cool in Agni Natchathram, I say! :smokesmirk: Somehow, he turns out to be the screen stealer in multi hero movies (ex: Mouna Ragam & Agni Natchatram). :thumbsup:

Those days "Raja raajaadhi rajan indhe raja" song was a rage. Among the 80's Tamil heroes, Karthik was a relatively good dancer and will come a distant second to an incomparable Kamal Haasan. :)

PARAMASHIVAN
11th March 2010, 04:43 PM
Today evening KTV showed

AGNI NATCHATHRAM

Karthik was super cool in Agni Natchathram, I say! :smokesmirk: Somehow, he turns out to be the screen stealer in multi hero movies (ex: Mouna Ragam & Agni Natchatram). :thumbsup:

Those days "Raja raajaadhi rajan indhe raja" song was a rage. Among the 80's Tamil heroes, Karthik was a relatively good dancer and will come a distant second to an incomparable Kamal Haasan. :)

Yes, he outperformed Prabhu ... Raja Rajathi rajan intha raaja was a riot in the 80's thanks to dr.IR :notworthy:

Murali Srinivas
11th March 2010, 11:22 PM
Raghu,

One small request. If you like Karthik, praise him to whatever levels you want but why unnecessairly drag Prabhu here? From page 1 of this thread, this is the 4th time you are downriding Prabhu. Normally I don't get into any argument mode but this is going beyond reasonable levels.

Borrowing the words of Rakesh and Plum here, any decent actor would have pulled off Manohar and Ashok Viswanath but Karthik even if he makes use of his full potential would not have been able to do even 50% justice to Gautham Viswanath.

Let us not go farther. In the same 1988 in February the duo did Urimai Geetham where the roles were reversed. Prabhu portrayed a poor man and Karthik's was from a well to do background. Prabhu simply dominated the proceedings. If you not have watched, please do. I can list out so many films of Prabhu to which the other heroes [leaving aside Kamal and Rajini] would not be able to hold a candle, but it is not my intention here.

I don't intend to write again and this only a request. Hope you take it in the right spirit.

Regards

venkkiram
12th March 2010, 01:10 AM
Borrowing the words of Rakesh and Plum here, any decent actor would have pulled off Manohar and Ashok Viswanath but Karthik even if he makes use of his full potential would not have been able to do even 50% justice to Gautham Viswanath.

திரு முரளி,

வேறுபடுகிறேன். "any decent actor" மௌனராகம் பாத்திரத்தை செய்யமுடியும் என்று தொடர்ந்து பதிவுசெய்யப்படும் கருத்தை ஜீரணிக்க முடியவில்லை. சில கதாபாத்திரங்களுக்கு சிலர் மட்டுமே சரியாகப் படுவர். உதாரணத்திற்கு தவமாய் தவமிருந்து, நந்தா படங்களில் ராஜ்கிரண் நடித்த பாத்திரங்கள். அதுபோலவே கார்த்திக்கின் மௌனராகம், அக்னிநட்சத்திரம் பாத்திரங்கள். இவர்கள் இடத்தில் இன்னொருவரை கனவிலும் நினைக்கத் தேவையில்லை.

என்னுடைய குறைந்த (ஒரு வருட) ஹப் அனுபத்தில் சொல்கிறேன். ஒருத்தரை இன்னொருத்தருடன் ஒப்பிடுக் கூடாது என்றால் இந்த இணையத்தில் பல நூறு பதிவுகளை நாம் அழிக்க வேண்டியிருக்கும்.

bimmer
12th March 2010, 01:38 AM
Raghu,

One small request. If you like Karthik, praise him to whatever levels you want but why unnecessairly drag Prabhu here? From page 1 of this thread, this is the 4th time you are downriding Prabhu. Normally I don't get into any argument mode but this is going beyond reasonable levels.

Let us not go farther. In the same 1988 in February the duo did Urimai Geetham where the roles were reversed. Prabhu portrayed a poor man and Karthik's was from a well to do background. Prabhu simply dominated the proceedings. If you not have watched, please do. I can list out so many films of Prabhu to which the other heroes [leaving aside Kamal and Rajini] would not be able to hold a candle, but it is not my intention here.

I don't intend to write again and this only a request. Hope you take it in the right spirit.

Regards

Exactly

I really Liked Prabhu in Urimai geetham and Agni nakshatram...
they had equal weightage and both performed equally well.

Mani had given equal..I mean equal weightage to both..Ivar oru adi vangina avarum oru adi vanguvar.

I liked Prabhu in Vetrivizha and Guru Shishyan.

PARAMASHIVAN
12th March 2010, 03:51 PM
Raghu,

Regards

Fair enough, My intentions were not to bash Prabhu , I have nothing againts him at all.. period.

PARAMASHIVAN
12th March 2010, 03:52 PM
Prabhu and Rajni were a laugh riot in the films they have acted together....

Murali Srinivas
12th March 2010, 11:13 PM
Thanka Raghu for the understanding.

Thanks bimmer for concuring.

வெங்கி,

பிறிதொரு நேரத்தில் இதைப் பற்றி பேசுவோம்.

Regards

tamizharasan
13th March 2010, 12:38 AM
During his peak Karthik won filmfare awards for three years in row for Agni Natchaththiram, Varusham 16 and Kizhakku Vaasal. In the era dominated by Kamal and Rajini it was a great achievement indeed.

"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filmfare_Best_Actor_Award_(Tamil)"

He had really great potential during that time and he spoilt his career for lack of discipline.

PARAMASHIVAN
15th March 2010, 04:27 PM
During his peak Karthik won filmfare awards for three years in row for Agni Natchaththiram, Varusham 16 and Kizhakku Vaasal. In the era dominated by Kamal and Rajini it was a great achievement indeed.

"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filmfare_Best_Actor_Award_(Tamil)"

He had really great potential during that time and he spoilt his career for lack of discipline.

:exactly: :banghead:

Avadi to America
15th March 2010, 09:19 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/malaimalai_150310/672854.html

PARAMASHIVAN
15th March 2010, 09:33 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/malaimalai_150310/672854.html

he stills looks young :shock: he must be nearing 50 :huh:

tamizharasan
15th March 2010, 11:10 PM

he stills looks young :shock: he must be nearing 50 :huh:

Yes He is 49 according to wiki.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karthik_Muthuraman

Movie Cop
15th March 2010, 11:22 PM
[tscii:a909408c87]Karthik sooting-ku ellam prompt-uhh vandhA, directors-ehh sock avurainge. Andhe alavukku pugazh vaangitharu "Punctuality Paramasivam" Karthik. :lol2:

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2010/march/130310a.asp

காலையில் வந்த கார்த்திக்
கண்ணீர் விட்ட இயக்குனர்

புலிவேஷம் படத்தை இயக்கி வருகிறார் பி.வாசு. ஆர்.கேவுடன் சதா ஜோடி சேரும் இப்படத்தில் அலைகள் ஓய்வதில்லை கார்த்திக் முக்கிய கேரக்டரில் நடிக்கிறார். அருண் விஜய் நடிக்கும் மாஞ்சா வேலு படத்திலும் நடிக்கிறார் கார்த்திக். இப்படி அடுத்த இன்னிங்சுக்கு அவர் தயாராக இருந்தாலும், பழைய குருடி கதவ திறடி மாதிரி ஷட்டிங்குக்கு அல்வா கொடுத்துவிட்டால் என்னாவது என்ற பயம் பல இயக்குனர்களுக்கு இருக்கிறது.

யாரு மந்திரிச்சு விட்டாங்களோ, எல்லா கெட்ட பழக்கங்களுக்கும் வேப்பிலை அடித்து விரட்டியிருக்கிறார் கார்த்திக். இந்த புலி வேஷம் படத்தின் ஷ§ட்டிங் பழைய மகாபலிபுரம் சாலையில் இருக்கும் மருத்துவமனை ஒன்றில் நடந்து வருகிறது. காலை ஒன்பது மணிக்கு கார்த்திக்குக்கு ஷாட். பத்து மணிக்காவது வந்துவிடுவார் என்று யூனிட் நம்பிக் கொண்டிருக்க, டாண் என்று எட்டு மணிக்கே மேக்கப்போடு வந்துவிட்டாராம் கார்த்திக்.

வெள்ளக்காக்கா மல்லாக்க பறக்குதா என்று எல்லாரும் ஆவலோடு வானத்தை பார்க்கிற அளவுக்கு வியப்போ வியப்பு அனைவருக்கும். தன் கண்களையே தன்னால் நம்ப முடியாமல் பி.வாசு ஓடிவந்து கார்த்திக்கை கட்டிப்பிடித்துக் கொண்டார். அவர்கள் கண்களில் இருந்து தாரை தாரையாக கண்ணீர். இப்படி சின்சியரா இருந்திருந்தா நீதான்யா இன்னைக்கு டாப் ஹீரோ என்று நா தழுதழுக்க பாராட்டினார்.

ஹ¨ம், பிரசாதம் தீர்ற நேரத்தில தொண்ணைய நீட்டுன கதைதான்...

[/tscii:a909408c87]

tamizharasan
15th March 2010, 11:43 PM
[tscii:a5f513188e]Karthik sooting-ku ellam prompt-uhh vandhA, directors-ehh sock avurainge. Andhe alavukku pugazh vaangitharu "Punctuality Paramasivam" Karthik. :lol2:

காலையில் வந்த கார்த்திக்
கண்ணீர் விட்ட இயக்குனர்

புலிவேஷம் படத்தை இயக்கி வருகிறார் பி.வாசு. ஆர்.கேவுடன் சதா ஜோடி சேரும் இப்படத்தில் அலைகள் ஓய்வதில்லை கார்த்திக் முக்கிய கேரக்டரில் நடிக்கிறார். அருண் விஜய் நடிக்கும் மாஞ்சா வேலு படத்திலும் நடிக்கிறார் கார்த்திக். இப்படி அடுத்த இன்னிங்சுக்கு அவர் தயாராக இருந்தாலும், பழைய குருடி கதவ திறடி மாதிரி ஷட்டிங்குக்கு அல்வா கொடுத்துவிட்டால் என்னாவது என்ற பயம் பல இயக்குனர்களுக்கு இருக்கிறது.

யாரு மந்திரிச்சு விட்டாங்களோ, எல்லா கெட்ட பழக்கங்களுக்கும் வேப்பிலை அடித்து விரட்டியிருக்கிறார் கார்த்திக். இந்த புலி வேஷம் படத்தின் ஷ§ட்டிங் பழைய மகாபலிபுரம் சாலையில் இருக்கும் மருத்துவமனை ஒன்றில் நடந்து வருகிறது. காலை ஒன்பது மணிக்கு கார்த்திக்குக்கு ஷாட். பத்து மணிக்காவது வந்துவிடுவார் என்று யூனிட் நம்பிக் கொண்டிருக்க, டாண் என்று எட்டு மணிக்கே மேக்கப்போடு வந்துவிட்டாராம் கார்த்திக்.

வெள்ளக்காக்கா மல்லாக்க பறக்குதா என்று எல்லாரும் ஆவலோடு வானத்தை பார்க்கிற அளவுக்கு வியப்போ வியப்பு அனைவருக்கும். தன் கண்களையே தன்னால் நம்ப முடியாமல் பி.வாசு ஓடிவந்து கார்த்திக்கை கட்டிப்பிடித்துக் கொண்டார். அவர்கள் கண்களில் இருந்து தாரை தாரையாக கண்ணீர். இப்படி சின்சியரா இருந்திருந்தா நீதான்யா இன்னைக்கு டாப் ஹீரோ என்று நா தழுதழுக்க பாராட்டினார்.

[/tscii:a5f513188e]

Probably he was in unconscious state that day.

Avadi to America
16th March 2010, 03:04 AM
[tscii:1cb02e21c6]Karthik sooting-ku ellam prompt-uhh vandhA, directors-ehh sock avurainge. Andhe alavukku pugazh vaangitharu "Punctuality Paramasivam" Karthik. :lol2:

காலையில் வந்த கார்த்திக்
கண்ணீர் விட்ட இயக்குனர்

[/tscii:1cb02e21c6]

Probably he was in unconscious state that day.

PARAMASHIVAN
16th March 2010, 03:33 PM
[tscii:370edcf11b]Karthik sooting-ku ellam prompt-uhh vandhA, directors-ehh sock avurainge. Andhe alavukku pugazh vaangitharu "Punctuality Paramasivam" Karthik. :lol2:

காலையில் வந்த கார்த்திக்
கண்ணீர் விட்ட இயக்குனர்

[/tscii:370edcf11b]

ahaa uncle agina apurum thaan gnyanam piranthiruku :rotfl:, too late pa, when he was bombarded with chances he made a mockery of it, it is tool late :?

Avadi to America
23rd March 2010, 10:17 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/puli_onlo230310/679102.html

PARAMASHIVAN
23rd March 2010, 10:24 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/puli_onlo230310/679102.html

photo la Karthik oda irupathu Sadha thaanE :lol2: :P

tamizharasan
24th March 2010, 01:12 AM

You are right. Indha chinna vayasiliyE ungaLukku ivvaLavu . aRiva?
:shock:

PARAMASHIVAN
24th March 2010, 06:57 PM

ipO enNa thaapa solitEnu intha Nakkal??
:? :roll: :twisted:

HonestRaj
24th March 2010, 07:21 PM
``முள் மீது அமர்ந்திருந்ததால் சினிமாவில் இடைவெளி விழுந்தது''
கார்த்திக் பேட்டி

சினிமாவில் இருந்து அரசியலுக்கு போன நடிகர்களில் கார்த்திக்கும் ஒருவர். அரசியலுக்கு போனபின் அவர், சினிமாவை விட்டு விலகி இருந்தார். படங்களில் நடிக்கவில்லை. நீண்ட இடைவெளிக்குப்பின், மணிரத்னம் டைரக்ஷனில், `ராவணா' படத்தில் ஒரு முக்கிய வேடத்தில் நடித்தார்.

அதைத்தொடர்ந்து இப்போது, `மாஞ்சா வேலு,' `புலி வேஷம்' ஆகிய படங்களில் நடித்துக்கொண்டிருக்கிறார்.

சினிமாவில் இடைவெளி விழுந்தது ஏன்? என்பது பற்றி கார்த்திக், நிருபர்களுக்கு பேட்டி அளித்தார். அவர் கூறியதாவது:-

``சினிமாவில் எனக்கு ரசிகர்கள் ஒரு முக்கிய இடம் கொடுத்து இருந்தார்கள். நல்ல வாய்ப்புகள் எனக்கு கிடைத்தன.

சில காலமாக நான் முள் மீது அமர்ந்திருந்தேன். அதனால்தான் சினிமாவில் எனக்கு இடைவெளி விழுந்தது. இப்போது அதில் இருந்து எழுந்து வந்து விட்டேன்.''

இவ்வாறு கார்த்திக் கூறியதும், ``நீங்கள் முள் என்று குறிப்பிட்டது, அரசியலையா?'' என்று நிருபர்கள் கேட்டார்கள்.

``இல்லை. நாம் சினிமாவை பற்றி பேசுகிறோம். அரசியல் பற்றி அல்ல'' என்று புதிர் போட்டார், கார்த்திக்.

கடைசிவரை அவர் `முள்' என்று குறிப்பிட்டதற்கு விளக்கம் அளிக்கவே இல்லை.

<Dailythanthi>

PARAMASHIVAN
24th March 2010, 07:23 PM
Is he acting as a hero again , i mean after raavana?

HonestRaj
24th March 2010, 07:26 PM

neenga produce panna avaru ready

PARAMASHIVAN
24th March 2010, 07:37 PM

neenga produce panna avaru ready

ada ponga , enna paartha 'Alaighal oivathillai karthik mathiriyE irukEnu, ennaku cinema offere varUthu :lol2:

apUrum naa yEn avara vachu padam edukanUm :lol2:

HonestRaj
24th March 2010, 07:42 PM
parunga ungalala vijay thread lock pannittanga.. hereafter no digression

tamizharasan
24th March 2010, 08:39 PM

Paramashivanji

Just for fun. Don't take it seriously.

PARAMASHIVAN
24th March 2010, 08:41 PM

Paramashivanji

:D Raghu ji and Paramashivanji :lol2:

tamizharasan
24th March 2010, 09:38 PM

Paramashivanji

:D Raghu ji and Paramashivanji :lol2:

I knew that Raghuji.

Movie Cop
25th March 2010, 02:39 AM
Thanks for the link, A2A. Close to 50, Karthik innum remba youth-uhh irukuraapla.

Avadi to America
25th March 2010, 03:07 AM
Thanks for the link, A2A. Close to 50, Karthik innum remba youth-uhh irukuraapla.

you are absolutely right....osunga iruntha 60 vayasulayaum herova nadikalam.....

PARAMASHIVAN
25th March 2010, 04:04 PM

Yes that is his 'major' +point, quarter, Cigarette onum adikamaatarAm :shock: :notworthy:

PARAMASHIVAN
25th March 2010, 04:06 PM

you are absolutely right....osunga iruntha 60 vayasulayaum herova nadikalam.....

:exactly:

HonestRaj
25th March 2010, 07:31 PM

Yes that is his 'major' +point, quarter, Cigarette onum adikamaatarAm :shock: :notworthy:

shud b a wrong information

PARAMASHIVAN
25th March 2010, 07:49 PM

may be :?

Nerd
22nd May 2010, 09:35 PM
[tscii:ebb04edeaa]From BW review of Maanja Velu (http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-reviews/reviews-2/maanja-velu-arun-vijay-prabhu.html)

Talking about the cast will take some doing because of the array of artistes present. But, first one has to discuss Karthik. If anyone has to know the meaning of a great comeback, then they have to go and watch Karthik in Maanja Velu. He surprises and delights. Surprises, because after all these years of oblivion he has come back looking just as dashing and charming as he was in his heydays. Delightful, because Tamil cinema has been missing this kind of an actor for sometime now. One great thing about this comeback is that like many other lead actors of his time, Karthik has not resurfaced as a senior character artiste. Looking at him in Maanja Velu, one feels that he is good enough to reemerge as a lead star all over again. At many points in the movie he rolls back the years and his fans (there were quite a few of them in the audience) were in raptures, especially when he danced to ‘Rajadhi Raja’ song from ‘Agninatchathiram’. All in all, this is one of the best comebacks of the decade and we hope he is here to stay.

:clap: :clap: :clap: I am watching this.[/tscii:ebb04edeaa]

Nerd
22nd May 2010, 09:38 PM
From IndiaGlitz review (http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/review/11477.html)

The man who is credited with many hits in 1980s and early 1990s, makes a strong comeback in 'Maanja Velu'. Playing an honest and upright cop, Karthik is impressive not just in stunt sequences but also in comedy.

Veteran actor Prabhu does a cameo, which does have a positive impact on screen. But the scene-stealer is Karthik. The veteran has done a commendable job and announced his re-entry with a bang.

:smokesmile:

Roshan
22nd May 2010, 09:56 PM
8-)

Stiglitz
22nd May 2010, 10:09 PM
How did Manja Velu do at the BO? :)

Does karthik have any other projects after it?

Stiglitz
22nd May 2010, 10:11 PM

yeah, karthik was a pot head not to mention other harmful drugs. Pot is comparatively harmless.... :roll:

Prabo
22nd May 2010, 10:44 PM
[tscii:50172005c2]From BW review of Maanja Velu (http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-reviews/reviews-2/maanja-velu-arun-vijay-prabhu.html)

Talking about the cast will take some doing because of the array of artistes present. But, first one has to discuss Karthik. If anyone has to know the meaning of a great comeback, then they have to go and watch Karthik in Maanja Velu. He surprises and delights. Surprises, because after all these years of oblivion he has come back looking just as dashing and charming as he was in his heydays. Delightful, because Tamil cinema has been missing this kind of an actor for sometime now. One great thing about this comeback is that like many other lead actors of his time, Karthik has not resurfaced as a senior character artiste. Looking at him in Maanja Velu, one feels that he is good enough to reemerge as a lead star all over again. At many points in the movie he rolls back the years and his fans (there were quite a few of them in the audience) were in raptures, especially when he danced to ‘Rajadhi Raja’ song from ‘Agninatchathiram’. All in all, this is one of the best comebacks of the decade and we hope he is here to stay.

:clap: :clap: :clap: I am watching this.[/tscii:50172005c2]

:clap: :clap:

Guru-V
23rd May 2010, 12:58 PM
[tscii:1efa8a64d5]From BW review of Maanja Velu (http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-reviews/reviews-2/maanja-velu-arun-vijay-prabhu.html)

:clap: :clap: :clap: I am watching this.[/tscii:1efa8a64d5]

:clap: :clap:

this film will be a super hit !
i saw parts of it from this program with the maanja velu team
they did a good job

Plum
23rd May 2010, 03:22 PM
Isn't this the same movie which someone posted a still of arunkumar aakroshamA riding a parked bike :)

Sanjeevi
23rd May 2010, 04:03 PM
Good to hear about karthik :clap:

mexicomeat
23rd May 2010, 07:25 PM
Isn't this the same movie which someone posted a still of arunkumar aakroshamA riding a parked bike :)
http://icdn1.indiaglitz.com/tamil/gallery/Movies/maanjamadhan/maanjavelu091109_3.jpg

Stiglitz
23rd May 2010, 09:07 PM
http://icdn1.indiaglitz.com/tamil/gallery/Movies/maanjamadhan/maanjavelu091109_3.jpg:rotfl2::rotfl2:

interz
23rd May 2010, 11:19 PM
How did Manja Velu do at the BO? :)

Does karthik have any other projects after it?

Karthik also acts in Ravanan, which will be released this year, in case u didnt know.

If u already know MOD can delete this post.

Kambar_Kannagi
24th May 2010, 06:53 AM
Happy for our Navarasa Nayagan :) :clap:

hattori_hanzo
24th May 2010, 08:25 AM
From IndiaGlitz review (http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/review/11477.html)

The man who is credited with many hits in 1980s and early 1990s, makes a strong comeback in 'Maanja Velu'. Playing an honest and upright cop, Karthik is impressive not just in stunt sequences but also in comedy.

Veteran actor Prabhu does a cameo, which does have a positive impact on screen. But the scene-stealer is Karthik. The veteran has done a commendable job and announced his re-entry with a bang.

:) nice to see Karthik, back in form :thumbsup: hope he doesnt accept smaller insignificant roles.

Movie Cop
24th May 2010, 11:13 AM

Thanks Nerd! Will check out "Maanja Velu" for Karthik.

It's been sooooo many years since Karthik acted in a film (thanks to his indiscipline and some other addictive habits). Glad the man is back, atlast. Hope Karthik has done a good job as the reviews suggest. Screen stealer, you bet he is. In my book, during the 80's, I always rate Karthik and Sathyaraj as my favourite actors after the "big two"! 8-)

Even in "Raavanan" besides MR, ARR and Vikram - I'm eager to see Karthik on the big screen. Hope he has a meaty role to play in "Raavanan". :)

PARAMASHIVAN
24th May 2010, 02:55 PM
[tscii:3436dd500e]From BW review of Maanja Velu (http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-reviews/reviews-2/maanja-velu-arun-vijay-prabhu.html)

:clap: :clap: :clap: I am watching this.[/tscii:3436dd500e]

me to :clap: :P

PARAMASHIVAN
24th May 2010, 02:58 PM

amma hero yaro Arunkumar ah, saaba ivar ellam epadi thaan survive panrarnU theriyalla :banghead:

I feel sorry for Karthik to act with such dandunakkas :oops:

PARAMASHIVAN
24th May 2010, 03:01 PM
http://icdn1.indiaglitz.com/tamil/gallery/Movies/maanjamadhan/maanjavelu091109_3.jpg

only Fossible in tamil cinema :rotfl3:

PARAMASHIVAN
24th May 2010, 03:59 PM
you bet he is. In my book, during the 80's, I always rate Karthik and Sathyaraj as my favourite actors after the "big two"! 8-)

Even in "Raavanan" besides MR, ARR and Vikram - I'm eager to see Karthik on the big screen. Hope he has a meaty role to play in "Raavanan". :)

me 2 :notworthy:

Sarna
24th May 2010, 05:16 PM
I watched one scene from Manja velu, where Karthik dances for "Raajaa...raajaadhi raajaningu raajaa" .... I felt like watching Agninatchathiram karthik again... the same style, thejus etc :bow: :bow: the man didnt lose his charm 8-)

PARAMASHIVAN
24th May 2010, 05:18 PM
I watched one scene from Manja velu, where Karthik dances for "Raajaa...raajaadhi raajaningu raajaa" .... I felt like watching Agninatchathiram karthik again... the same style, thejus etc :bow: :bow: the man didnt lose his charm 8-)

even after 25 odd years ?? :shock: :clap:

mnaren555
24th May 2010, 05:25 PM
I watched one scene from Manja velu, where Karthik dances for "Raajaa...raajaadhi raajaningu raajaa" .... I felt like watching Agninatchathiram karthik again... the same style, thejus etc :bow: :bow: the man didnt lose his charm 8-) :clap: hope he do more films to entertain all 8-)

PARAMASHIVAN
24th May 2010, 07:14 PM
yEnjaay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4q6t3BIhV8

Nerd
24th May 2010, 07:53 PM
From Rediff (http://movies.rediff.com/report/2010/may/21/south-tamil-review-manja-velu.htm)

More than half the movie belongs to Karthik, anyway. It's a pleasure to see this actor return to the big screen after aeons (even if his cheeks sag, and his watery eyes remind you of the years gone by). He has a boyish charm that makes the dialogues, dances and friendly family spats all worthwhile. With him, Santhanam (his Nadodigal spoof is neat), Ganja Karuppu, Chandrasekhar, Vijay Kumar and even Prabhu (literally) crowding the screen, the director has wisely decided to let Arun Vijay have his rein in the last hour and ends up playing spoilsport. :rotfl3:

If you can ignore Arun Vijay's melodramatic histrionics, hour-long fights and crazy climaxes; Karthik and the comedians make Manja Velu a complete masala entertainer.

Nerd
24th May 2010, 07:57 PM
படத்தில் ஹீரோ கார்த்திக்தான். உண்மையிலேயே கலக்கியிருக்கிறார் மனிதர். இந்த புதிய பாணியை அவர் தொடர வேண்டும். ராஜாதி ராஜனிந்த ராஜா... பாட்டுக்கு இன்னும் அதே துள்ளலுடன் அவர் போடும் ஆட்டம், கார்த்திக்கை இன்னுமொரு ரவுண்ட் வரவைக்கும்.

http://www.sivajitv.com/movie-review/maanja-velu-review.htm

I will stop now :oops:

tamizharasan
24th May 2010, 08:00 PM
Karthik gave lot of hopes and promises at the beginning. After certain point of time he became monotonous with dialogue delivery and acting. Hopefully he will avoid all those shortcomings in the future. He still has a big dormant fan base in tamilnadu. All he needs is one good performance and he will be back to his roots.

HonestRaj
24th May 2010, 10:50 PM
kandippaga parthudanum

groucho070
25th May 2010, 07:08 AM
The films he has been doing mid 90s onward did not do justice to his talent (with exception of one or two, maybe), so this is definitely a good news. Welcome back, Karthik, hope this time there will be projects that can really make use of your talent fully. :)

Guru-V
25th May 2010, 10:53 AM
yEnjaay

super song...intha paata poi remix'nu paer'la d imman action king arjunukku use panni uselessa pochu lol

PARAMASHIVAN
25th May 2010, 02:51 PM
படத்தில் ஹீரோ கார்த்திக்தான். உண்மையிலேயே கலக்கியிருக்கிறார் மனிதர். இந்த புதிய பாணியை அவர் தொடர வேண்டும். ராஜாதி ராஜனிந்த ராஜா... பாட்டுக்கு இன்னும் அதே துள்ளலுடன் அவர் போடும் ஆட்டம், கார்த்திக்கை இன்னுமொரு ரவுண்ட் வரவைக்கும்.

http://www.sivajitv.com/movie-review/maanja-velu-review.htm

I will stop now :oops: :P :P :2thumbsup: :cheer: :happydance:

PARAMASHIVAN
25th May 2010, 02:51 PM
The films he has been doing mid 90s onward did not do justice to his talent (with exception of one or two, maybe), so this is definitely a good news. Welcome back, Karthik, hope this time there will be projects that can really make use of your talent fully. :)

:exactly:

Anban
25th May 2010, 09:02 PM
yEnjaay

super song...intha paata poi remix'nu paer'la d imman action king arjunukku use panni uselessa pochu lol :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: really???

thank god the current generation fools didnt make it a hit..

PARAMASHIVAN
25th May 2010, 09:09 PM
yEnjaay

super song...intha paata poi remix'nu paer'la d imman action king arjunukku use panni uselessa pochu lol :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: really???

What's the point? Current generation fools are making fools into mass heros, how do we digest that :huh:

VinodKumar's
25th May 2010, 09:15 PM
yEnjaay

Aduthavangala muttalnu sollra buthisaaliyae :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Sanjeevi
25th May 2010, 10:16 PM
I will stop now :oops:

paravilla neenga super star fan-thaan, so continue :lol:

VJerry
25th May 2010, 10:25 PM
yEnjaay

Whom do you mean fools here?

cepark
25th May 2010, 10:57 PM
yEnjaay

What's the point? Current generation fools are making fools into mass heros, how do we digest that :huh:

yengaa ungaa maamul emotion naa kaanum.. yethunu think pandreengala...

ithuuu :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

HonestRaj
26th May 2010, 07:05 AM
yEnjaay

yengaa ungaa maamul emotion naa kaanum.. yethunu think pandreengala...

ithuuu :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

jinju
28th May 2010, 11:11 PM
[tscii:6bbd64bd4b]Second innings begins

T. KRITHIKA REDDY

As Karthik returns to showville after a self-imposed hiatus, he talks about rediscovering the joy of acting.

As I try to piece together the various links in my memory files about Karthik, I'm spoilt for choice. In a career spanning two decades and more, the actor has proved his redoubtable talent in a variety of genres.

The once bankable star, who had faded into oblivion is back in tinselville with not just one, but three films. Smoothly slipping into the comfort zone of a character artiste, the 49-year-old actor says he's returned to where he belongs. A spontaneous performer, he's like a genie in the bottle. All you have to do is unscrew the stopper, and he performs — as he's done in his recent release ‘Maanja Velu.'

“I haven't felt this good in a long time,” the actor opens up. “It's great to be back after so many years. The welcoming vibe around me is encouraging. I don't know why I left the scene for this long…” There's a tinge of sadness in his voice. But just the way he flitted effortlessly from emotionally overpowering roles to scintillating comedies, Karthik's mood swings and he gushes, “Director Mani Ratnam was the reason behind a major milestone in my career (think the effervescent Manohar delivering the unforgettable Mr. Chandramouli… dialogue in ‘Mouna Ragam'). I was taken aback when he called me for a role in ‘Raavanan.' He's matured with every film and my admiration for him remains unabated. Though it was not a very big role in terms of footage, I was a bit nervous. So I reported on the sets three days early to get a feel of it. I realised I had missed so much during my self-imposed hiatus. After a warm-up scene, I felt completely back in form. I rediscovered the joy of acting and began to enjoy the chaotic world of films once again.”

It was during the shooting of ‘Raavanan' that Karthik was called to play a substantial role in ‘Maanja Velu.' “I play a cop. I could instantaneously relate to the character. I realise I can't be the hero any more. So it's time to experiment and do the kind of roles that were once outside my radar. I can probably take character roles to another level.”

As news of Karthik's re-entry spread in Kollywood, messages poured in from several directors, including P. Vasu, who has signed up the actor for his upcoming ‘Pulivesham.'

“Nine years ago, I was going through a chaotic phase marked by several wrong decisions. I felt I needed a break. But I never thought it would take this long. I realise how much film making has changed. The dance steps have become more rigorous, the music sounds different and the packaging is so slick. Film promos and publicity events now make news and technically, we've made massive strides.”

Career-defining roles

The actor, who made his debut as the cupid-struck teenager in Bharatiraaja's ‘Alaigal Oivadhillai' in the early 1980s, was swept by a wave of career-defining roles since. “On the third day after I was spotted, I found myself facing the camera. I knew nothing about acting. It's been a roller-coaster ride for me. Before I even realised that acting was my calling, I found myself neck-deep in films. As far as acting is concerned, I do a little homework in my head. That's it.”

Radha (‘Alaigal Oivadhillai'), Revathi (‘Kizhaku Vaasal,' ‘Mouna Ragam') or Ramba (‘Ullathai Alli Thaa'), Karthik's history of successful on-screen chemistry with his co-stars cannot be erased from cine-goers' minds.

“Romance? Yes, why not. Some mature on-screen romance is okay as long as it appears natural. Even in my prime, I wasn't quite comfortable running around trees.”

The heart-warming ‘Varusham 16' with Kushboo and the touching ‘Gokulathil Seethai' were a couple of films in which Karthik fulfilled the desire in him to excel. “I just went with the directors. I was lucky to work with the best in the 1980s and 1990s. I learnt a lot.” Though he played many sentiment-suffused roles, Karthik came up trumps in comedy as well. “I love comedy. I believe the basic premise of making films is to entertain.”

Like every successful actor, Karthik too dreams of direction. “I've been working on my own scripts and learning the art of screenplay writing. I'm creating some characters for myself — the types I've never been offered or never will be. It's time to explore new realms of creativity.”

On karthik Jr.

My son is keen on entering films. He is a natural when it comes to facing the camera. But I don't want him to miss out on academics or his normal life as a student. I know what films can do to you.

So let him wait and make an entry when he is mature enough to handle the showbiz whirligig. I'll welcome him with open arms when it happens.

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2010/05/28/stories/2010052850050100.htm
[/tscii:6bbd64bd4b]

PARAMASHIVAN
29th May 2010, 11:14 PM
saw maanja velu.

Karthik was simpley :2thumbsup: :shoot: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :clap: :swinghead:

no words to describe it :clap: