PDA

View Full Version : || Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya | ARR | Gautham Menon || - Part 2

Pages : [1] 2

Yathu
26th February 2010, 02:46 AM
[tscii:d4f883b27e]Goutham’s big day
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, February 25, 2010]

[html:d4f883b27e]http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Repository/getimage.dll?path=TOICH/2010/01/08/30/Img/Ad0300601.png[/html:d4f883b27e]

Goutham Vasudev Menon’s ‘Vinnaithandi Varuvaya’ (VTV) is releasing world-wide tomorrow and the director is looking forward for the big day.

In a candid interview with IndiaGlitz, Goutham Vasudev Menon says “VTV is a feel good film and end of the movie, the audience will walk out with a smile”. He added that the songs have been picturised really well and everyone will enjoy the movie.

He also added that the audience should watch the movie with ‘least’ expectation and enjoy the music and story of the movie. We’ve seen his ‘Minnale’ strike lightning with the audience before. So all you Silambarasan Fans, Trisha Fans and most importantly, Goutham’s fans watch the movie and tell the verdict for this love story! All the best team VTV!

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/54777.html

Movie release(s/d) today/ tomorrow!

Intitial reviewers seem positive. :D

Fingers crossed it'll be great! :D [/tscii:d4f883b27e]

Aalavanthan
26th February 2010, 03:15 AM
Liking the title thread. avoiding unnecessary elements lol

Yathu
26th February 2010, 04:05 AM
Liking the title thread. avoiding unnecessary elements lol

:lol: Had to take out Simbhu to make way for Part 2. No other reason.

MADDY
26th February 2010, 06:59 AM
infact u can take ARR out and put simbu/trsha in......idhu namma sectionpaa, adha sollikka avasiyam illa :wink:

Yathu, congrats for starting a new thread :clap: .....second time in history of ARR section, theres been a part2 thread 8-) (first was for sivaji)

ajaybaskar
26th February 2010, 08:38 AM
reviewers ellarumae Bgm pathithaan pesuraanga. Thalaivar pinni pedaleduthuttaaru pola!!

Roshan
26th February 2010, 11:15 AM
reviewers ellarumae Bgm pathithaan pesuraanga. Thalaivar pinni pedaleduthuttaaru pola!!

:yes:

ajaybaskar
26th February 2010, 11:46 AM
Our fellow Rahmaniacs Maddy, LM, Ram, Sathya and AP are watching the movie right now....

A.ANAND
26th February 2010, 12:10 PM

mindblowing bgm ajay! :thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
26th February 2010, 12:15 PM
Anand Sir,

Padam eppadi?

A.ANAND
26th February 2010, 12:29 PM
Anand Sir,

Padam eppadi?

ungga PM check panungga!

A.ANAND
26th February 2010, 12:31 PM
lovers kanndippa pakkanum!

A.ANAND
26th February 2010, 12:41 PM
romance romba real! :lol:

lancelot
26th February 2010, 01:55 PM
they are showing it only in one theaters here, and its a real crappy F class theater (if there ever is a class like that), wondering if i should go or take the risk and wait till it come to a batter theater

sathya_1979
26th February 2010, 03:09 PM
Excellent movie! ARR - He is God :D
Simbhu did very well (I cannot belive I am telling this). Surely 2-3 more times :yes:

littlemaster1982
26th February 2010, 03:52 PM
There is one bit song like a hard rock number. Awesome :thumbsup:

Appu s
26th February 2010, 04:09 PM
Same day part 2 in both the sections :thumbsup:

Aalavanthan
26th February 2010, 04:47 PM

this piece ?

Making of VTV programme on Vijay TV:

Part 1

listening to this part.. oru song varudhu..

"endhan nenjil or sugam.. unnai paartha maruganam" .. This is not in the original track .. does the music CDs have tis song ?

littlemaster1982
26th February 2010, 05:09 PM
AV,

No tamil lyrics in that. Konjam English verses varum.

arsaregama
26th February 2010, 05:49 PM
only for lovers....a mature movie... konjam trim pannalam....second half..

19thmay
26th February 2010, 05:54 PM

"endhan nenjil oru sugam" has one peppy english bit track in between, is that one?

MADDY
26th February 2010, 06:15 PM
"Enakku enna venumnu enakke theriyaadhu" says jessy(played by trisha)........"avan avan love-kaaga america-ve poraan, naa alleppey poga maattena" says karthik(simbU) in another scene.......there goes GVM - an intense love story between a confused girl and a obsessive boy......this "dreamy" mechanical engineer, who seems to be a byproduct of maniratnam movie heroes, nurtures the "obsession" of becoming a director........his family, who live in a rented house, obviously disaprove to their son's ideas.......karthik then meets jessy, mallu christian house owner ponnu - instantly breaks into hosanna song for this stylish, well-read, avalavu azhagana ponnu.......karthik goes on a drive of love which simply doesent have a brake........he falls head over heels, gets hit(in heart) badly and that is defintion of love for him.......he expresses his "tatkal" love to her......

Jessy is really confused - so much so that she hasnt let any boy near her in life inspite of being a super figure (as said by karthik)........when karthik proposes to her, at one point she doesent want him to follow her but takes a U-Turn next moment and yearns for him.........she gives contradicting signals by allowing physical advances of her obsessive follower as early as their 4th meeting.......she doesent know if its love, she doesent know, even if its love - will her dad accept it.......she outsources the important decisions of life to her dad due to her inconsistent thinking......she wanders into dangerous territories of love with karthik which has strong shades of flirting......dangerous because her dad who takes decisions for her would never approve a struggling director as her husband who also happens to be a Hindu.....heights of confusion occurs when she does a runaway bride in marriage arranged by her parents much to the happiness of karthik.....she is however still up in arms with her priorities....karthik is a mere puppet in her chaotic mood swings and offers love, sorry, kisses and rahman songs as compensation....she finally takes a decision (yes finally), but is she convinced about that? ah, never mind.....

karthik, much like DevD, drowns into alcoholic love and lets jessy influence things in his life.......as his frnd says pointing to his heart "inga enna solludhu, jessy jessy-nnu solludha"..........his family gets moved to a new place due to his brawl, which again is for jessy.......he has a not-so-good impression in his first job as assisant director to KS.Ravikumar due to jessy..........he refuses to see the safe path of breakup, he refuses to acknowledge that there are other fishes in the pond even as jessy herself says "indha olagathula ivalavu per irundhum, yen enna love panna", he also refuses to acknowledge love of his co-worker(chanda of devd?)....he refuses to follow patterns of normality and parental advices...jessy's final decision becomes the catalyst for his next move as well.......in a sudden rage of positive energy he starts writing story for his first movie and succeeds in that......time moves on but obsession & confusion stay

how many movies do we see the mileu being set up in the first 5 mins and the main plot opening in less than 10 mins........how many directors would have the guts to loosen all important knots in first half and save only one for second half.......Gautam does it - its a very brave attempt by GVM since the movie is so much abt jessy and karthik that everything else hardly finds a place.......this is hardly the run of the mill love story which is brutally non-judgemental abt everything around it.......it doesent even stop to ponder abt heroine's sincerity, "ponnunga naale ippadi dhaanda machhan" etc......there is a very thin macro-political brush of mallu-tamil tension plus there is a very slight undercurrent of economic disparity between the 2 families......but those things hardly matter - its the characters which take the story forward........the dialogues were unbeliavably natural and were straight out of our daily lives.......the dialogues were witty, in adherence to characters and took its own sweet time.......there are recursive character strokes and dialogues uttered but its so natural to repeat ourselves right?? however with these recursive pieces and the intense indulgence turns tiring after a point of time.......film badly missed a extra shade to their characters or some other incident/sequence......looking at it from a pessimistic view, story does look stretched and devoid of timing in many places......but that should hardly matter once you get into the characters......

Simbu was supportive of the script by being very bland and subdued........pre-climax scene and climax scenes were highlights.........he did look clueless in some places but overall he was very good.....Trisha pulls it off with a bit of effort.....she does look stiff in some places and huge jyothika hangover but film really needed a trisha to depict a character which is not straight-forward......Manoj Paramahansa was brilliant as usual but songs picturisation and choreography were disappointments.......ARRahman is the hero of second half - where the screenplay falters, script goes into a loop, characters dont have a clue - its Rahman's BGM which carries the movie into safety of pre-climax and climax scenes......the mood of melancholy is set beautifully right from first scene by rahman.....its not the usual sugary love movie BGM.......heavy metal BGM for the heroine in a love story - take that says Rahman

movie's title indicates a uneasy feel of "impossible".......Jessy is like the star in the sky living in fairy tales and this obsessive young karthik keeps questioning "will you come from the skies" over and over......

Yathu
27th February 2010, 01:44 AM
Hopefully will be catching this on Sunday. Can't wait! Theres only a single afternoon showtime here everyday. Ayngaran messing up again. Even crappy films got more showtimes than this!

Yathu
27th February 2010, 01:46 AM
I'm refraining from reading any detailed reviews till then.

lancelot
28th February 2010, 01:32 AM
lovely mature love story. Finally a Tamil director has grown up.. finally...
i feel that everyone who has loved mite be able to relate to at least a bit of the movie. i know i did :)

could have been may be 20mins shorter... but am not really complaining... it was good...

the music as we all know is Awesome... nicely pictured.. my pick Oh Mana Penne... BMG was fresh and had a bit song in it too :) (may be we will be lucky to one day hear the full song)

muzammil_fr
28th February 2010, 12:28 PM
Just Watched the movie yesterday in France in a suck theatre where they don't have dts :(, let's come to point, First and all, The movie is great but not so, the whole team's work really well, ARR rocked in bgm, Gautham rocked in picturation songs , he place everysong in the which movie needed, Simbu acting is outstanding, fresh story, but GM if he trim some mins in ending, it must be good, it's true 2nd half went slowly, Jessie crazy bgm is really good, there is a fight in the movie which i liked lot, overall movie is so good in 1 half, 2nd half could done better, ending is ok.
my vote : 4/5 .

sureshmehcnit
28th February 2010, 01:35 PM
quick thoughts on VTV background score

http://backgroundscore.blogspot.com/2010/02/vinnaithaandi-varuvaaya-background.html

Madevan94
28th February 2010, 02:42 PM
http://hiox.org/index.php?id=2377

Madevan94
28th February 2010, 02:45 PM
Muzammil i also watched this movie on the same f****** theater in France on friday night !! there is only 3 show per day!!
Dissapointing sound systeme .. movie is overall good ...

Roshan
28th February 2010, 03:58 PM
i feel that everyone who has loved mite be able to relate to at least a bit of the movie. i know i did :)

could have been may be 20mins shorter... but am not really complaining... it was good...

the music as we all know is Awesome... nicely pictured.. my pick Oh Mana Penne... BMG was fresh and had a bit song in it too :) (may be we will be lucky to one day hear the full song)

Lance, in which theater did you watch this in Colombo ?

lancelot
28th February 2010, 05:22 PM

Lance, in which theater did you watch this in Colombo ?

Cine City, the movie was good.. but the movie experience was dreadful...

suntharp
28th February 2010, 08:52 PM
VTV - Is it a Da Vinci Code of GVM?

It seems like his life story. Even in Varanam ayiram, the hero search for his girl when she leaves him and they did not get together. Based on VTV scripts, the scene where Simbu says see my first film and at the end see my 2nd film to get the answer- doest that reflect to Minnale and Kakka Kakka.( reema sen also a christian gal and she doest not agree to marry abbas on her wedding day ) is it a coincidence. In Kakka Kakka, Jo is a Malayalee... I beleive it is a real story and i may be GVM own story... i dunno but this movie makes me to revisit Minnale, KK and VA. Even VTV is an extended version og VA loave between Surya and Sameera..it's almost the same , only the presentation is different... or maybe to much of thinking....

muzammil_fr
28th February 2010, 09:04 PM
GM is back with HJ for his Kakka Kakka hindi, nice to hear, but we miss a good director.

ajithfederer
28th February 2010, 11:28 PM
Padam nalla irukku.

Nethu naanum en friends rendu perum padathai paathom. They too liked the film. Padam nalla irunduchu. simbhu nalla nadichirukaaru. Andha cameraman character romba sooper. first half la avarum simbhuvum vara scenes ellam romba funnyaa irunduchu. Trishavum nalla nadichirundhaanga. Nice to see a self deprecating humor dialog by gowtham menon in his own film( Yaru andha tamil padathula englees la pesiyae padam eduparae andha directoraa). The first half was thorughly enjoyable.

Second half was good too. Songs were enjoyable and bgm was good. Good usage of supporting characters, well acted by simbhu and trisha. I believe this is GM's finest film. Nice to see ravikumar being used in this film.

P.S:
Hey yaarappa adhu tamil-la nalla padamae varardhillannu solrardhu.

Me : Adhu naan illeenga :yessir:.

MADDY
1st March 2010, 08:34 AM
Padam nalla irukku.

Nethu naanum en friends rendu perum padathai paathom. They too liked the film. Padam nalla irunduchu. simbhu nalla nadichirukaaru. Andha cameraman character romba sooper. first half la avarum simbhuvum vara scenes ellam romba funnyaa irunduchu. Trishavum nalla nadichirundhaanga. Nice to see a self deprecating humor dialog by gowtham menon in his own film( Yaru andha tamil padathula englees la pesiyae padam eduparae andha directoraa). The first half was thorughly enjoyable.

Second half was good too. Songs were enjoyable and bgm was good. Good usage of supporting characters, well acted by simbhu and trisha. I believe this is GM's finest film. Nice to see ravikumar being used in this film.

P.S:
Hey yaarappa adhu tamil-la nalla padamae varardhillannu solrardhu.

Me : Adhu naan illeenga :yessir:.

glad u took time off from ur weld movies and liked this tamil movie :lol2: :clap: ....

ajithfederer
1st March 2010, 09:59 AM
:)

A.ANAND
1st March 2010, 11:13 AM
[tscii:f301996579]Detective Ajith
IndiaGlitz [Monday, March 01, 2010]

Unperturbed with the controversy over his speech on February 6 and the ¡®Asal¡¯ box office reports which followed, Ajith is on the fast track to start his 50th film. Ajith has broken his silence after the CM came to his rescue and announces his milestone film.

What you know is Ajith's 50th film will be produced by Dhayanithi Alagiri and directed by Goutham Menon. What you don¡¯t know is the title of the film.

We come to know that the title for Thala's 50th film is 'Thuppariyum Anand' (Detective Anand). A R Rahman- Goutham team will rock once again in the new film.

You can expect the official announcement anytime from now.

[/tscii:f301996579]

music man
1st March 2010, 10:54 PM
[tscii:ba8e69f6f2]Detective Ajith
IndiaGlitz [Monday, March 01, 2010]

Unperturbed with the controversy over his speech on February 6 and the ¡®Asal¡¯ box office reports which followed, Ajith is on the fast track to start his 50th film. Ajith has broken his silence after the CM came to his rescue and announces his milestone film.

What you know is Ajith's 50th film will be produced by Dhayanithi Alagiri and directed by Goutham Menon. What you don¡¯t know is the title of the film.

We come to know that the title for Thala's 50th film is 'Thuppariyum Anand' (Detective Anand). A R Rahman- Goutham team will rock once again in the new film.

You can expect the official announcement anytime from now.

[/tscii:ba8e69f6f2]

Wow!!! Thats good news..Detective stories are very rare in Tamil and one hopes that this project will take off..Rahman-GVM combo will surely rock...The subject is sure to bring the best out of ARR. Hmmm lets see if this news by Indiaglitz is whether true or not? :shock:

Thiru
2nd March 2010, 01:47 AM
Watched the movie over the weekend.. Excellent movie.. Still drooling over the technical brilliance in the movie.... First off great work by Manoj paramahamsa and Gowtham... The BGM and cinematography is what keeps the movie moving after a while when the story and screenplay is dragging.. This has to be one of ARR's best BGM.. The haunting Aaromale opening piece can be heard a few times.. Then comes the humming of Vinnai thaandi varuvaaya throughout the movie.. The songs were all well picturized and has a GM stamp on it with a group of 4-5 ppl dancing.. I think Aaromale and mannippaya were shot pretty well.. Also, looking at the lyrics of Mannipaya and having listened to it N+1 number of times, you feel that it would be a song when there is a separation between the two or when they hit a roadblock.. I felt that the song came in at a odd situation..

one of the better climaxes I've seen in Tamil movies recently.. I'm probably watching it again just to put more focus on BGM... Its a must watch for ARR fans and for ppl who've experienced love..

Yathu
2nd March 2010, 02:45 AM
Saw the film yesterday. First time in a long time I'm came back from the cinema, after seeing a Tamil film, feeling fulfilled. The story is simple but effective and the acting is top notch. Best performance by Simbhu in..err..for ever! Trisha's done an equally appreciable job. I didn't know she could act too! Plus she was easy on the eyes in those sarees. :wink:

ARRs songs were utilised exceptionally well. None of the songs felt unwanted or out of place. I particularly liked the picturisation of Omana Penne. I think it was the story running alongside the nadheswaram bits that did it for me. The nadheswararam was the PERFECT instrument there. I got goosebumps!

*Spoiler* Another point in the movie where the song heightens the emotions was when Karthik sees Jessie in America and Aromale's Swasthi Swasthi Su Muhurtham chant comes on. I think there was some additional guitar sounds too. Just great!
*End of spoiler*

There was only one BGM that kind of annoyed me. "Jessie's driving me crazy!!!" It made me cringe in my seat! Apart from stating the obvious, I really don't see the point of putting lyrics to that BGM. The rock sounds would've worked really well in those particular scenes without it.

The Hosanna BGMs reminded me a lot of Latika's theme. Very similar sounds but ofcourse they work equally well here!

*Spoiler* Nice twist at the end too. Was it necessary? I don't know. I would've been just as happy if they finished it on a high at "Anbil avan" especially after the stand-out scene between Jessie and Karthik on the bench. Stellar performances by both Simbhu & Trisha. *End of spoiler*

Gautham's best film for me. :thumbsup:

littlemaster1982
2nd March 2010, 04:07 AM
Yathu :thumbsup:

And :ty: for the review, Thiru :D Please post here often.

music man
2nd March 2010, 02:00 PM
Very happy to see our fellow hubbers reaction on the movie. Over the recent years, we have found innumerable number of movies flopping inspite of our BOSS's mindboggling music...(e.g) Sakkarakati, Blue, Delhi 6 etc etc..

But atlast, this movie is a big hit...ARR has teamed with the right person..Hard work pays off...

ajaybaskar
2nd March 2010, 04:26 PM
Jessie's been drivin me crazy-Recorded in theatre

http://www.mediafire.com/?diyz2z3nytg

MrIndia
2nd March 2010, 11:16 PM
BGM was brilliant..

female aromale bgm was kool.

liked vinnai thaandi varuvaaya song moreafter watching the movie. karthik's voice was awesome.

baroque
3rd March 2010, 01:25 PM
Female version of aromale.... followed by 'I love you Karthik' then ஒரு நாள் சிரித்தேன்... மறு நாள் வெறுத்தேன்...
உன்னை நான் கொல்லாமல் கொன்று புதைத்தேன்...மன்னிப்பாயா? மன்னிப்பாயா? WOW! :swinghead:
Simbu nice job!
Trisha in cotton Sarees.
Burgundy brown with lime green saree in உயிரே உன்னை உன்னை எந்தன் வாழ்க்கை துணையாக...Aesthetic :swinghead:

Trisha's mood swings with change of hearts..What a confused girl
she was!
Very regular story, spontaneous, natural hero..very persistent
confused girl.
unreasonable father, angry brother.
I enjoyed it for the simplicity.
natural dialogues with delicate, measured performance.:thumbsup:
I enjoyed the romance. Very adult romance.
It is கெளதம் மேனன்
remember காக்க காக்க .. has romance romance
நீங்க normal person இல்லை
I லவ் யு ...truly ..madly ...it 's a girl thing..etc..
We all know கெளதம் மேனன் is romantic.
Camera is neat. :thumbsup:
Loved the songs.
:ty: கெளதம் மேனன் for the nice picturization of songs. :musicsmile:
vinatha. :)

sathya_1979
3rd March 2010, 01:50 PM
Trisha in cotton Sarees.
Burgundy brown with lime green saree in உயிரே உன்னை உன்னை எந்தன் வாழ்க்கை துணையாக...Aesthetic :swinghead:

Ladies :D

baroque
3rd March 2010, 02:01 PM
:D

lancelot
3rd March 2010, 03:23 PM
I enjoyed it for the simplicity.

totally agree, a complex way of showing us a simple story. really, the technology and the cinematography was stunning. Simbu (i always thought) can act, and was good in this movie. Trisha (no offense) is not that great, but she sure is nice to look at :)

a good tamil movie after awhile... well done GM!

Aalavanthan
3rd March 2010, 05:13 PM
Some of my friends went to the movie from Birmi to London and reached there while Hosanna song was going on.. Kooda innoru naalu paerum late-a vandhirukaango.. So they all made them to re-start the movie from beginning..

UK -la Simbu padathukku ivvalavu getthaana, illae.. They claimed that they were waiting for this ARR movie for the past one year and that too Hosanna, the hit of all was already going on screen.. enna panradhu.. padatha thirupi potaangalaam Cineworld officials :)

ARR getthu 8-)

Appu s
3rd March 2010, 05:16 PM
:ty: for the info. AV

lancelot
3rd March 2010, 06:37 PM
wow AV, that sure is awesome to know :)

A.ANAND
3rd March 2010, 07:22 PM
[tscii:762a961ccf]'VTV' mesmerizes KB Sir
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, March 03, 2010]

The mesmerizing ¡®Vinnaithandi Varuvaya¡¯ is not only touching the hearts of young lovers of today but also celebrities who themselves taught you what love means through their films.

The man who gave immortal love stories in films like ¡®Ek Duje Ke Liye¡¯ and Apoorva Ragangal is overwhelmed when he saw ¡®VTV¡¯ a few days ago.

Very impressed by VTV 'Iyakkunar Sigaram' K Balachabder has written an open letter to Goutham Menon comparing him with the legends like SS Vasan, AV Meyappa Chettiar, Bharathiraja and Mani Ratnam as who believed in the intelligence of the audience.

A legend himself, KB Sir, says in his letter Goutham is one of the rarest directors who blends style with substance.

KB goes on to say that he believes after seeing VTV Tamil cinema has got a new icon and that is Goutham. Hesays "It (VTV) was a heart warming, heart wrenching film, stunningly visual, soaringly musical and compellingly straight forward and uncomplicatedly honest".

After empathising with the honest and pure love in VTV, KB Sir says "This 80 years old man was pondering on the way back home after watching your film if he could tell his 75 years old wife "I LOVE YOU" to see whether she can still blush".

What a compliment!

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/54944.html

[/tscii:762a961ccf]

Rocky89
3rd March 2010, 07:25 PM
My fav BGM is in the 1st half when Simbhu get caught of cheating by Trisha.

Appo thalaivar playful'la 'andha nEram andhi nEram' (hossana) tune pOduvaaru.. Rocking :cool:

Ramakrishna
3rd March 2010, 07:46 PM
The BGM when Simbu sees Trisha for the first time.. maddy konjam vanthu explain pannunga.

baroque
3rd March 2010, 10:19 PM
yeah.. good job.
Natural dialogues, their conversations from the heart are strengths of this movie.
vinatha.

ajaybaskar
3rd March 2010, 10:32 PM
there were few bits that were eternal bliss...

1. The Hosanna prelude.
2. Aaromale female version.
3. Title bit (Blend of Hosanna and Mannipppaya played in piano)
4. Hosanna pathos.
5. At ODE cafe, there is a 'Kannukkul' instrumental. Sorgam.
6. The piano theme at KFC.
7. Jessie's been driving theme.

A.ANAND
4th March 2010, 05:57 AM
Response during ARR name on screen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of63px-Lsx8

ARRYG-

ajaybaskar
4th March 2010, 09:02 AM
Anand sir, Thalaivar's name has been recieving huge roar irrespective of the locations. Even in Kanyakumari, the response is the same. Also, when Thalaivar starts his part in 'Mannippaya', the crowd goes berzerk.

Be it ARR fan or any other MD's fan, the respect they have for Rahman is something huge.

A.ANAND
4th March 2010, 09:59 AM
Anand sir, Thalaivar's name has been recieving huge roar irrespective of the locations. Even in Kanyakumari, the response is the same. Also, when Thalaivar starts his part in 'Mannippaya', the crowd goes berzerk.

Be it ARR fan or any other MD's fan, the respect they have for Rahman is something huge.

YES !ITS TRUE!vut oru silarukku rahman sonnale vaitha kalakuthey! :lol:

coment pannave bayama irukku!epadiyum delet panniduvaru! :D

ajaybaskar
4th March 2010, 12:49 PM

ARRYG-

Listen to the BGM. U need an ARR to compose this... Indha aala maadhiri innoruthan porandhathaan varanum. Avan porakkura munnadi naan indha ulagathai vittu poidanum...

ajaybaskar
4th March 2010, 01:11 PM
The price of VTV audio cd has been increased from Rs.99 to Rs.149.

littlemaster1982
4th March 2010, 01:23 PM
This contains MP3 hits of ARR CD too. Adhukkudhan extra price :)

ajaybaskar
4th March 2010, 01:26 PM
Therinjurundha wait panniyae CD vaangiruppen...

lancelot
4th March 2010, 01:37 PM

ARRYG-

Listen to the BGM. U need an ARR to compose this... Indha aala maadhiri innoruthan porandhathaan varanum. Avan porakkura munnadi naan indha ulagathai vittu poidanum...

may your wish come true Ajay :)

littlemaster1982
4th March 2010, 01:49 PM
Therinjurundha wait panniyae CD vaangiruppen...

Not much difference. Nammakitta illadha patta adhula irukka pogudhu ;)

ajaybaskar
5th March 2010, 01:51 PM
Timothy Madhukar is the one who sang 'Jessie's been driving'.

http://www.thehindu.com/mp/2009/07/25/stories/2009072550561200.htm

Scale
5th March 2010, 01:54 PM
From Tamil Films post 1 (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=2053383&highlight=#2053383) & 2 (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=2053492&highlight=#2053492):

Kambar_Kannagi
5th March 2010, 01:57 PM

ARRYG-

இதெல்லாம் நடக்குற காரியாமா... :P

A.ANAND
5th March 2010, 02:18 PM
VTV SONGS SPECIAL -VIJAYTV

http://tamil.techsatish.net/file/vinnai-2/

Appu s
5th March 2010, 02:37 PM
Timothy Madhukar is the one who sang 'Jessie's been driving'.

http://www.thehindu.com/mp/2009/07/25/stories/2009072550561200.htm

who sings Aaromale female version ?

A.ANAND
5th March 2010, 02:55 PM
sujatha voice mathiri kekuthu!but not sure!!!

Yathu
5th March 2010, 03:15 PM
I'm guessing its Kalyani Menon.

ajaybaskar
5th March 2010, 03:27 PM
I'm guessing its Kalyani Menon.

Yes. It shud be her..

A.ANAND
6th March 2010, 01:25 AM
[tscii:b79893591c]GAUTHAM'S CONFESSION!

March 05, 2010

Home > More news

Gautham Menon held a thanksgiving press-meet in Chennai for making Vinnathaandi Varuvayaa a great success.

When the reporters quizzed on whether VTV was based on a real-life incident, pat came the reply from the director and it was a clear ‘no’. Gautham said that the film is a fiction. When asked about his earlier statement to the press that it was based on a real-life incident, the director said that he made a false statement. An unrelenting pressperson wanted to know the truth behind VTV’s inspiration, and Gautham stuck to his statement that it was a fiction.

While the Tamil version is a tragedy, the Telugu version has happy ending. To this, the gutsy director replied that being a co-producer to the Tamil version he decided to stick to the tragedy, come what may. Producer Udhayanidhi Stalin also welcomed the decision. However, the Telugu version had a different producer who was not willing to take the risk.

http://www.images.behindwoods.com/photo-galleries-q1-09/tamil-photo-gallery/vinnaithaandi-varuvaayaa-press-meet/index.html[/tscii:b79893591c]

A.ANAND
6th March 2010, 02:09 AM
விண்ணைத்தாண்டி வருவாயா டீம் பிரஸ் மீட்

http://www.sivajitv.com/movie-gallery/vinnaithaandi-varuvaaya-team-press-meet.htm

விண்ணைத் தாண்டி வருவாயா சிறப்பு இதழ் வெளியீடு

http://www.sivajitv.com/movie-gallery/vinnaithandi-varuvaya-special-mazagize-launch.htm

RGowtham
6th March 2010, 06:37 AM
Saw the film yesterday.

A nice love story 8-)

sathya_1979
6th March 2010, 11:34 AM

ARRYG-
Geththu MaraNa Mass! Saw the same effect in Devi yesterday 7 PM show!

A.ANAND
6th March 2010, 01:21 PM
Gautham Menon success party!

By Moviebuzz | Saturday, 06 March , 2010, 12:43

Gautham Vasudev Menon had a press meet on Friday afternoon at Green Park Hotel to thank the press. His Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa has been getting good reviews and the film is turning out to be a hit.

Silambarasan, Trisha and the technical team of the film, presenter Udhayanidhi Stalin and producers of the film were there at the meet. Gautham Menon said that there is hardly anything personal in it as the film was purely fictional, when the press grilled him on it.

On why he had two endings for the Tamil and Telugu versions of the film, Gautham said as he is one of the co-producers of the film he and the Tamil Nadu distributor of the film Udhayanidhi struck to a realistic end.

At the same time, the Telugu producers wanted a happy ending and were not a risk taker so he obliged them. The best part was that both the endings have been accepted by the audiences.

The Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa songs have also been premiered on the television channels from Friday (March 5). The trade feels it will do even better business in its second week as there is no real opposition to it. The Chennai multiplexes are sold out for the second weekend.

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.

A.ANAND
6th March 2010, 07:01 PM
[tscii:1d22b66b7c]'Vinnaithandi Varuvaya' Success Meet
[Saturday, March 06, 2010]
At the meeting to thank the media for their support in taking ¡®Vinnaithandi Varuvaya¡¯ to the public successfully the entire team of ¡®VTV¡¯ gathered at the Green Park hotel in Chennai.

Speaking at the event Goutham Menon said he was confident with the film and the climax as he was also one of the producers. He said he learnt a lot from A R Rahman and he would like to do more films with him.

Producer Udhayanidhi said he feels proud to have distributed such a nice film. Cameraman Manoj Paramahamsa thanked the stars Trisha and Silambarasan who did not mind even shooting at as early as 6 o¡¯clock in the morning.

Silambarasan thanked all particularly Trisha for being friendly and helping him in doing this film. Trisha spoke fluently in Tamil said the film is a very special film of her life.

While answering questions Goutham Menon said he never doubted the intelligence of the audience and thanked the press and people for identifying it.

There¡¯s much more in this video. Watch it in full

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/events/21297.html[/tscii:1d22b66b7c]

Thiru
6th March 2010, 08:48 PM
Watched VTV for the second time mainly for bgm..

Pros

1) Aaromale female bit was awesome..
2) The violin bit throughout the movie along with bits of kannukkul kannai and mannipaya were great.. particularly there is a flute piece when Simbhu comes back from Goa to see her.. it was short and sweet..
3) The naadhaswaram piece of omana penne blending in beautifully in Ode cafe after the train scene..
4) Aaromale guitar piece throughout the movie ..
5) There were several portions on keyboard that were really good.

Cons..
1) Jesse is crazy looked amateurish.. particularly the oh-oh portion... atleast i'm not crazy about it..
2) BGM looked disjointed at many places.. There were portions that were great but sound editing was really not upto the mark compared to other things in the movie..
3) The mustafa bit was unnecessary..

To summarize, bgm was good in portions but as a complete product was not one of his best efforts..

Yathu
6th March 2010, 11:51 PM
1) Jesse is crazy looked amateurish.. particularly the oh-oh portion... atleast i'm not crazy about it..

I have the same feelings about this particular BGM. It was slightly akward & embarassing. :oops:

It would've probably worked really well without the vocal "Jessie's driving me crazy"!

Mahen
7th March 2010, 06:05 AM
Watched VTV for the second time mainly for bgm..

Pros

1) Aaromale female bit was awesome..
2) The violin bit throughout the movie along with bits of kannukkul kannai and mannipaya were great.. particularly there is a flute piece when Simbhu comes back from Goa to see her.. it was short and sweet..
3) The naadhaswaram piece of omana penne blending in beautifully in Ode cafe after the train scene..
4) Aaromale guitar piece throughout the movie ..
5) There were several portions on keyboard that were really good.

Cons..
2) BGM looked disjointed at many places.. There were portions that were great but sound editing was really not upto the mark compared to other things in the movie..
3) The mustafa bit was unnecessary..

To summarize, bgm was good in portions but as a complete product was not one of his best efforts..

Please put IMO :) The bgm was brilliant and the rock song was not at all amateurish...I have watched the movie thrice just for the music as i felt the bgm was really addictive

NOV
7th March 2010, 09:05 AM
The bgm was brilliant and the rock song was not at all amateurish...Please put IMO :D

Mahen
7th March 2010, 10:54 AM
The bgm was brilliant and the rock song was not at all amateurish...Please put IMO :D

missed it... :)

Appu s
7th March 2010, 10:55 AM
Jessy been driving me crazy (http://www.mediafire.com/?eijwwz2mljm) :cool:

Appu s
7th March 2010, 11:05 AM
Omana Penne HQ :cool2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iQe8GY7OIY&feature=player_embedded

NOV
7th March 2010, 12:35 PM
The bgm was brilliant and the rock song was not at all amateurish...Please put IMO :Dmissed it... :)its really not necessary Mahen.
What we post are naturally our opinions, unless we quote from elsewhere.
I just wanted to point out the irony in your post. ;)

A.ANAND
7th March 2010, 01:07 PM
wacthed VTV for second time yesterday!now i changed my opinion.1 word the movie 'osum'

First time pattabothu romba 'distaban' [anti simbu tholla]padattta nimmathiya pakkave vidala. ore kuuchal.!

nettuthan nimmathiya patten!kudos to GVM team and esply.out thalaivar songs and bgm!

jasse is crazy!chance-se illa
:clap: :thumbsup: :2thumbsup: intha song ketta chumma adi vayithila iruntha 'jiivvunnu'thookuthu! :lol: amazing!

A.ANAND
7th March 2010, 01:11 PM
full song 'jasse is crazy' track iruntha yaarvathu post pannunggappa punniya pogum!

love this song! :notworthy:

sathya_1979
7th March 2010, 01:20 PM
Anand it is available in Orkut ARR Community. Check it out.

Sanjeevi
7th March 2010, 01:21 PM
Oruthar sonnalE athu IMO thanungo :) particularly in DF. Venumna paniva solratha iruntha IMHO pottukidalam :lol:

A.ANAND
7th March 2010, 01:45 PM
Anand it is available in Orkut ARR Community. Check it out.

thank u satya! :D

A.ANAND
7th March 2010, 01:48 PM
-No download links please-

A.ANAND
7th March 2010, 01:53 PM
-deleted-

A.ANAND
7th March 2010, 01:59 PM
making of VTV song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smA_ThVNbuY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DnNfP9vf4Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHAN8fsyWWY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul-HUWMsUK8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkexT0ToZUk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z8b8QasYJU

-arryg

littlemaster1982
7th March 2010, 03:49 PM
:ty: Anand :D

pure bliss
8th March 2010, 12:27 AM
[tscii:d2dcdf0e7d]Listening to Omana Penne reminds me of Paarthaale*Paravasam’s*title track, especially because of the voice synthesis and electronica effects. However, unlike other music directors in film music who tend to render*the entire song using voice synth, or other distortion effects, Rahman always delights me with his perfectly placed, yet, not-so-liberal use of vocal effects. However, my complaint with this song in particular is that even after a few iterations of listening to it, I am not able to ‘get’ Benny Dayal*from the voice….it just sounds like Karthik. Despite all this, the song is a splendid composition in its own right, starting off with a delightful Mohanam, and then branching out to a Bilahari/Kambodhi*mix. The Nadhaswaram bits are hair-raising, with their faint presence punctuating the song at places…and then taking on a life of its own towards the end. Just brilliant, signature Rahman stuff.

I love rock music, and if I know myself well enough, I love almost anything do with rock music…*I was instantly*drawn to Aaromale*and Iam*addicted*to the song, what with the opening acoustic guitars, and the jazz-wire-brush-on-snare sounds setting the mood/tempo of the song in the beginning. The tempo slowly changes a little later in the song, and then alternates between lulls and highs… All that is superb… but what kept me hooked was Alphonse… boy! can he sing!*The very composition and singing style is like a Blues-Rock Ballad…even better, it seems like Rahman, created himself a little palette out of Kharaharapriya, and painted various shades into this song. To me, one of the strongest flavours in it is Bhageshri… there are faint traces of Sri Ranjani, and maybe a couple other janya ragas of Kharaharapriya, subject to the listener’s perspective. And this is exactly why*I love Rahman’s style.*Personally, using Bhageshri/Kharaharapriya for a rock ballad, is just the pinnacle of creativity….or well, in the vicinity… because I am sure there are so many more*to come.

http://musicpaithiyam.wordpress.com/2010/02/11/thoughts-on-omana-penne-aaromale/
[/tscii:d2dcdf0e7d]

ajaybaskar
8th March 2010, 12:37 AM
Pure_bliss, edho solreengannu theriyudhu.. Ennannu puriyalaiyae!

Jokes apart, gr8 dissection of the songs, buddy. It has been a while since someone had posted an elaborate review on the audio..

A.ANAND
8th March 2010, 11:45 AM
THIRAIVIMARSANAM VTV [SUNTV]

http://www.techsatish.net/2010/03/07/sun-tv-thiraivimarsanam_vinnaithandi-vaaruvaiya-07-03-10/

shocker
8th March 2010, 07:30 PM
After seeing most of the songs, I have to say I really enjoyed Simbu's acting, nice one!

Thiru
9th March 2010, 03:16 AM
purebliss,

you said there are faint traces of Sri Ranjani in aaromale... can u elaborate where exactly as I couldnt get it..

RR/purebliss, which raga do u think mannipaaya is based on?

ajaybaskar
14th March 2010, 12:43 AM
VTV paattellam edhirpaartha maadhiri illainu inga audio releasein podhu comment seidha oru hubber, ippodhu ARRYGla avaroda top 10 ARR albums listla mudhalidam koduthurikkaar. No offence meant but that's ARR for you..

A.ANAND
14th March 2010, 11:47 AM
VTV paattellam edhirpaartha maadhiri illainu inga audio releasein podhu comment seidha oru hubber, ippodhu ARRYGla avaroda top 10 ARR albums listla mudhalidam koduthurikkaar. No offence meant but that's ARR for you..

:lol: namma thambi madhusri bakhthan thane! :lol: madhusri tracklist-la illanna whole album-me out innu solluvaru antha thambi!antha alavukku bakhthi :lol: :lol:

ajaybaskar
14th March 2010, 11:58 AM
andha thambiyaethaan. Yaaravadhu VTV paattula edhachum kurai sonna sandaiyellam poduraapla... :-)

A.ANAND
18th March 2010, 09:12 AM
Sony Music congratulates A.R. Rahman and Gautham Menon
Ambili [March 17, 2010, 1:27:54 PM]
Sony Music congratulated Oscar phenomenon A.R. Rahman and director Gautham Menon for the grand success of Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa. The VTV album is declared one of the biggest musical hits of 2010 and all the songs are chart-toppers. Moreover, the live performance of Gautham Menon and his team at the audio launch created wonders and boosted expectations for the film.

Sony Music also promoted the audio by staging a live performance at the Citi Centre, which was flocked by fans of the Mozart of Madras and Gautham Menon. And now, after the release, the movie itself has become a cult!

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/id/Sony_Music_thanks_AR_Rahman_and_Gautham_Menon_3663 5.html

A.ANAND
18th March 2010, 09:14 AM
The album is a totally different experience from the general filmi music. giving a brand new flavour to Kollywood music. Interestingly, this is the first Tamil album from the musical genius after winning the prestigious Oscars. And as usual, A.R. Rahman is at his best.

We at Galatta.com wish the team all the very best for their future endeavours!

We bring you the top ten songs on Galatta charts!

1. 'Hosanna' (Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa)

2. 'Aaromale' (Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa)

3. 'Omana Penne' (Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa)

4. 'Mannipaaya' (Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa)

5. 'Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa' (Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa)

6. 'Anbil Avan' (Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa)

7. 'Kannukkul Kannai' (Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa)

ajithfederer
18th March 2010, 06:42 PM
Anbirkum Undor Aazhaikkum Thaazh
Aarvalar Pun Kanneer Poosal Tharum

Anbillaar Elaam Thamakkuriyar Anbudaiyaar
Enbum Uriyar Pirarkku

Pulambal Enasendren Pullinen Nenjam
Kalathal Uruvathu Kandu

http://www.lordoftheweb.info/movies/vinnai-thandi-varuvaya-vtv-lyrics/#mannipaaya

Guys help me out. Enakku indha thirukural oda artham therianum. Please help me out. (A friend rekousst)

Yuvi
18th March 2010, 06:50 PM
Enbum Uriyar Pirarkku

அன்பு இல்லதவர் எல்லாம் தமக்கென உரிமை கொண்டாடுபவர்,
அன்பு உடையவரோ தம் உடல், பொருள், ஆவி ஆகிய அனைத்தும் பிறருக்கென என்னிடுவர்

anbu illadhavar ellaam thamakkena urimai koNdaadubavar,
anbu udaiyavarO tham udal, porul, aavi aagiya aNaiththum piRarukkena enniduvar

ajaybaskar
18th March 2010, 06:53 PM
http://acharya.iitm.ac.in/cgi-bin/show_kural_ad.pl?8

A.ANAND
19th March 2010, 08:18 PM
Ithu eppadi irukku!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LskwrCMYg_g&feature=related

:lol:

Yathu
20th March 2010, 04:16 AM
Ithu eppadi irukku!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LskwrCMYg_g&feature=related

:lol:

Looking at some of her other videos, she has a pretty decent voice. :)

A.ANAND
25th March 2010, 06:27 PM
Singer Alphonse, Vijay Prakash, BlaaZe, Shruthi Hassan , Devan, Kalyani Menon, Sunithi Sarathy performing VTV Songs

Dear All,

This Saturday , March 27th, 2010, the whole bunch of singers mentioned
above would be performing in Chennai in St. George Michael Grounds (
the same venue which hosted ARR Times of India Concert in 2008 ) .

Free Passes are available at Star Vijay office, in Nungambakkam

Dont miss this. Its a tribute to VTV

and Vijay TV is celebrating VTV success

-arryg

A.ANAND
26th March 2010, 07:00 PM
VTV STILL AT NO.1 POSITION

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-slide-shows/movie-4/top-ten-songs/vinnaithaandi-varuvaayaa.html

rsubras
26th March 2010, 10:24 PM
Aarvalar Pun Kanneer Poosal Tharum

Enbum Uriyar Pirarkku

Pulambal Enasendren Pullinen Nenjam
Kalathal Uruvathu Kandu

http://www.lordoftheweb.info/movies/vinnai-thandi-varuvaya-vtv-lyrics/#mannipaaya

Guys help me out. Enakku indha thirukural oda artham therianum. Please help me out. (A friend rekousst)

we knew the translation for the first two kurals..the third one I was not sure whether it was a kural at all........Googling it I found it indeed was taken from thirukkural only from Kamathu Paal

From Mr.Sriram Murali's comment @ http://g-rulz.blogspot.com/2010/03/mannippaya-translation-commentary.html

From inbattuppāl (a) kāmattuppāl(1259), a rough meaning would be "the lady love says - I thought of avoiding him and hiding away from him out of ūdal but now that my mind has gone out of my control and has joined him, I rush to him and embrace him"

A.ANAND
30th March 2010, 06:42 PM
MAKING OF VTV

http://tamil.techsatish.net/file/vinnai-5/

A.ANAND
1st April 2010, 08:30 PM
Chennai Box Office - March 26 to 28

Wednesday, 31 March , 2010, 15:57

Gautham Vasudev Menon Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa collections in Chennai city has crossed the magic figure of Rs 4 crore and is now declared as a universal hit.
At number two is Vasanthabalan Angadi Theru, which has opened to rave reviews.

In third position is Mundhinam Paartheney followed by Katcheri Aarambam at number four.

Avatar, which completed its 100-day run in Chennai last Saturday, is at fifth place.

Vinnaithandi Varuvaaya
Cast: Silambarasan, Trisha, Kitty, Babu Antony, Ganesh
Director: Gautham Vasudev Menon

BO verdict : Super Hit

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14937018&cid=13525926

A.ANAND
1st April 2010, 08:35 PM
ANSWER FROM GAUTHAM,LIVE CHATING IN SIFY.COM

AR Rahman recently said in an interview he has not signed any new films due to his international commitments.Is he scoring music for your next project ?

i hope so

raghavendran
3rd April 2010, 11:44 AM
ANSWER FROM GAUTHAM,LIVE CHATING IN SIFY.COM

AR Rahman recently said in an interview he has not signed any new films due to his international commitments.Is he scoring music for your next project ?

i hope so

even i hope so

A.ANAND
3rd April 2010, 04:14 PM
[tscii:b23807807f]A pleasant surprise for Thamarai

We have all heard about AR Rahman springing a surprise on his singers (by including the track version that they had sung in the album) and directors
(by giving them an extra song and the like). Well, lyricist Thamarai got to be a part of one such surprise recently.

And it happened with the song Mannipaya... from Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa, which was recorded without director Gautham Menon even knowing it. Thamarai reveals, ¡°Rahman asked me to come over to his studio one day and said that he had created a tune which would fit in at a crucial point in the story. He asked me to come up with lyrics where the female lead asks for forgiveness for toying with the hero¡¯s feelings. I was initially hesitant as the scene where the song was to be inserted was one where the female lead chooses the hero over her father. But Rahman assured me that he wanted this to be a surprise for Gautham.¡±

Thamarai added that later, when Gautham heard the song, he too was a little apprehensive. ¡°But he went ahead and shot the song suitably and now, it is a rage!,¡± exclaims the hot and happening lyricist.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/news-interviews/A-pleasant-surprise-for-Thamarai/articleshow/5754631.cms

[/tscii:b23807807f]

raghavendran
5th April 2010, 08:58 AM
[tscii:2d76ff4a12]A pleasant surprise for Thamarai

We have all heard about AR Rahman springing a surprise on his singers (by including the track version that they had sung in the album) and directors
(by giving them an extra song and the like). Well, lyricist Thamarai got to be a part of one such surprise recently.

And it happened with the song Mannipaya... from Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa, which was recorded without director Gautham Menon even knowing it. Thamarai reveals, ¡°Rahman asked me to come over to his studio one day and said that he had created a tune which would fit in at a crucial point in the story. He asked me to come up with lyrics where the female lead asks for forgiveness for toying with the hero¡¯s feelings. I was initially hesitant as the scene where the song was to be inserted was one where the female lead chooses the hero over her father. But Rahman assured me that he wanted this to be a surprise for Gautham.¡±

Thamarai added that later, when Gautham heard the song, he too was a little apprehensive. ¡°But he went ahead and shot the song suitably and now, it is a rage!,¡± exclaims the hot and happening lyricist.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/news-interviews/A-pleasant-surprise-for-Thamarai/articleshow/5754631.cms

[/tscii:2d76ff4a12]
look at the master's invlovement and contribution...awesome thalaiva :D

ajaybaskar
8th April 2010, 01:06 PM
The Hosanna hysteria

Vijay Prakashs hit number in VTV has made people sit up and take notice

SRINIVASA RAMANUJAM Times News Network

Vijay Prakash just cant seem to get enough of the Andha Neram part in his rocking Hosanna number.The minute you ask him to croon a part of the song,he delights you by offering three versions of the same number! His first rendition sounds almost Unnikrishnan-like,even as he sails through the notes with the elegance and grace youd normally associate with a woman.The next instant,he delivers a second version,and this time around,it sounds like Hariharan another pillar of Tamil film music.Now,theres a royal touch to the love-filled lyrics as he goes about conquering saregama territory with authority and panache.Soon,he transforms into Vijay Prakash,squeezing out every ounce of feel-goodness in the melody that the Hosanna number offers.

Im sure this number will stay forever in the minds of audiences, starts off the Mumbaibased singer,In fact,I was waiting for such a song to give me a big break and Im thankful to ARR sir for having given me this opportunity.He just wanted me to deliver it in a feel-good way with no acrobatics.When I heard the final version of the song,it was on a completely different level.

Vijays first encounter with Rahman was way back in 1994,as a fan.I had come to Chennai for the December music festival, he recalls,I happened to see Rahman walking down the steps of Narada Gana Sabha and rushed to get his autograph.Little did I know then that Id work with him closely in the future. That happened when the Mozart of Madras was working on a couple of films in Mumbai and called Vijay to his hotel room.I recorded two songs with him then one for Swades and one for New.I was thrilled when both were used in the albums. The singer,who was also part of the Jai Ho team,feels privileged to be part of a music movement thats gaining a lot of attention.

His strong classical background which was showcased brilliantly in the Manmohini Morey number in Yuvvraaj is a major plus point.So,how much has that helped him in filmi music Well,there have been several successful singers who have no knowledge of classical music, he elucidates,Having said that,Im lucky to have learnt classical from a young age.It helps me enjoy my songs better.

Having done more than 3000 ad jingles,Vijay is looking for more opportunities in Kollywood.I enjoyed working with Vidyasagar, states the singer,who has also sung the Om Siva song in Ilaiyaraajas Naan Kadavul.

http://lite.epaper.timesofindia.com/getpage.aspx?pageid=19&pagesize=&edid=&edlabel=TOICH&mydateHid=08-04-2010&pubname=&edname=&publabel=TOI

A.ANAND
8th April 2010, 02:23 PM
[tscii:85fd99a2fa]Will Gautham do VTV in Hindi?

By Moviebuzz | Thursday, 08 April , 2010, 08:40

Gautham Vasudeva Menon is talking to a leading production house in Mumbai to do the Hindi remake of his sensational super hit Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya.

Sources close to the production house say that they are trying to rope in Ranbir Kapoor to do the role done by Silambarassan in the Tamil original.

Remember Mani Ratnam is trying to convince Ranbir to do his next film Azaan, though the actor is playing hard to get. But Ranbir has shown an interest in VTV remake. The reason for his interest is that the subject will suit Hindi nativity.

A spokesperson of the production house said: ?VTV subject is ideal for a Hindi remake as instead of the boy going to Kerala in search of his love, we can show a Mumbai Hindu boy falling for a Goan Christian girl and going to Goa and with AR Rahman’s music it has great potential if Ranbir does the male lead.?P>

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com

[/tscii:85fd99a2fa]

A.ANAND
8th April 2010, 07:38 PM
IN Entertainment acquires Hindi remake rights of Vinaaithandi Varuvaayaa

By Indiantelevision.com Team

(8 April 2010 6:00 pm)

MUMBAI: IN Entertainment (India) Limited (INE), the Hinduja Group initiative for content business, has acquired Hindi remake rights of the Tamil film, Vinaaithandi Varuvaayaa.

Helmed by ace director Gautham Vasudev Menon, the film released worldwide in February last and is still running successfully, making it this year's most successful Tamil film yet.

Directed by Gautham Menon, the film will be co-produced by producers of the Tamil version Gautham Menon and S Elred Kumar along with INE and Photon Kathaas.

Vinnaithandi Varuvaayaa, which means 'Will you Cross the Skies for Me', is a romantic musical. It is about a young aspirational filmmaker who falls head over heels in love with his neighbour, a mathematics graduate. Against all odds, he must convince the girl to marry him and also convince his parents along with pursuing his dreams of becoming a filmmaker.

Commenting on the association, Menon says, "We are delighted to be working with INE and the Hinduja Group for the Hindi remake of Vinnaithandi Varuvaayaa. It has been a revelation working with AR Rahman on the original film and we plan to re-create the same magic in the Hindi remake."

Avers IN Entertainment CEO Sunir Kheterpal, "Vinnaithandi Varuvaayaa is a simple yet an extremely engaging film with great music and a universal theme. INE is looking to develop and produce films with talented filmmakers and producers in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi and it is an honour to be associated with a talent like Gautham Menon and AR Rahman in the first project itself. We look forward to working with the original producers, Gautham and Elred Kumar, on other projects as well."

http://www.indiantelevision.com/aac/y2k10/aac181.php

A.ANAND
8th April 2010, 07:51 PM
[tscii:e65a47075c]RAHMAN MAGITRICKS…..

Home > Visitor Column

By Behindwoods Visitor Shreesha B.U

The views expressed in this column are that of the visitor. Behindwoods.com doesn't hold responsible for its content.

The news that Harris Jeyaraj had to make way for ARR in Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa sent shock waves across many music lovers, some unhappy, some happy and some anxious. When I heard the news I was confused. I have never been a great aficionado of Gautham’s works and not a big enthusiast of Harris Jayaraj either. I got to admit though that I got hooked to Vaaranam Aayiram songs. I wondered what would this GM+Th+ARR combo give that would better VA. VA was definitely not a path breaking album, but when I played the album I never used the forward option, a privilege I accord only to ARR’s albums. Thamarai blossoms the best with HJ. Her lyrics always found better roots in HJ’s music to bloom and smile with pride, more so in the romantic songs. So the shock element doubled when Gautham Menon chose ARR for VTV which was a love story. We all know ARR tag can shoulder any movie to transcend boundaries and get a better reach in terms of visibility. Brand ARR adds greater value to your product. Was it more for marketing his movie at a grand scale? The best thing about music in a movie based on love story is the opportunity to sing along the song from the movie holding the hand of your beloved or just a glance at your partner when the song is played in your car. So what did this new combo offer us??

Omana Penne
Singers: Benny Dayal, Kalyani Menon
Malayalam Lyrics: Kalyani Menon

Starts strange but cute and then translates into a rhythm song because of the simple percussion beats that’s candy floss to the ears. Benny Dayal deserves compliments for his easy singing so natural to him. The beginning words of the songs are so unconventional and yet Benny makes it sound very endearing. The “hey” hey” chorus too blends harmoniously…. the nadhaswaram slithers into the background with the violin bit that adds that extra zing to the “nee dhaan” and both the instruments fade off so uncharacteristically. Everything about the song is cute, the singer, the rhythm, the instruments. The song format is again so different. The nadhaswaram intrudes surprise you all through the song. If you thought this was the pattern, wait till the last pallavi when the nadhaswaram makes a comeback and takes lead with violins to support and carries on towards the end of the song. Simple yet very pleasing… Rahman tricks….

Anbil Avan
Singers: Devan Ekambaram, Chinmayi

It’s a breezy song, instantly catchy with the arrangements, a tad loud that drowns Thamarai lyrics. You have to strain to listen to the lyrics. Singers do their job. The best part in the song is the fusion of cello and the nadhaswaram. The song is so quick that it’s gone before you begin to enjoy it. Was that the reason I pressed the forward button. Catchy… Rahman tricks…

Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa
Singers: Karthik

Haunting guitar score starts this song… Karthik is as good as he can be.. The music goes on to be predictable and you suddenly feel uneasy with Karthik trying to match the loudness and the shrillness of the instruments played and again the lyrics sinks in them. Haunting but no soul…. Rahman??

Hosanna
Singers: Vijay Prakash, Suzanne, Blaaze
English Rap Lyrics: Blaaze

By now it is clear that all the songs have catchy starts. Very unusual of Rahman, not the songs that take time to descend, beautiful lyrics start this song. At last I get to listen to Thamarai., starts as a lovely ballad. Special mention of the female chorus amazingly sweet with the violins striking a perfect match. Vijay is wonderful.. Blaaze is as Blaaze, very competent…A very peaceful song.. Has a very calming effect.. listen to the violins create magic as Rahman crafts them layer by layer…. Don’t miss the soft strumming of the guitars throughout and the flute just before the violins take over just before the end of the song… The last stanza the violins try to outdo each other bringing the magic to end…. A superb team effort.. Rahman magic.!

Kannukkul Kannai
Singers: Naresh Iyer

If the “Hosanna” just emptied my mind and filled in it sweetness, this song jolted me out of my senses. Outstanding violin piece shocks you…the beats are standard matching the lead singer.. “Aye” chorus has a tremendous effect on the song. Naresh Iyer is brilliant. The violin pieces dazzle in this song which otherwise could have been an easy miss. Thamarai does her best.. Again the music, arrangement and instrumentation is so overpowering.... you realize why Rahman is so crafty.. Rahman tricks.

Mannipaaya
Singers: A.R.Rahman, Shreya Ghoshal

No different from the rest. Again a nice start. Shreya to boot and Rahman for company. You start to soak in this beautiful melody, minimal orchestration and Thamarai takes charge with her soulful lyrics. You can visualize Rahman playing the keyboard singing the song. Again the violin bits are very pleasing, it’s the charanam that takes a back seat, something goes missing, you almost feel the flow lost somewhere… more so after the chorus… full credit to Shreya and Thamarai…Rahman?

Aaoromale
Singers: Alphonse
Malayalam Lyrics: Kaithapram

You straight away know that you are in for something special… Powerful guitar strings opens up this song.. a very western start with some stupendous singing by Alphonse.. You feel it couldn’t have sounded better in any language but Malayalam… and suddenly creeps in the chorus, listen to the violin let the guitar take lead in major part of the song and yet command respect and a few parts before closing the violin takes a surge, backs off and then returns again once more in great grandeur.. Absolutely brilliant composition.. Everything in this song is in perfect harmony.. A near perfect song with some amazing singing… The best of the lot…. Intoxicating…Repeat it.. Rahman magic !!!

I have always wondered what is it in Rahman’s songs that transcend boundaries and make someone who don’t understand the language of the song appreciate the song. Its his strong music sense.. his orchestration.. his crafty use of instruments that simply hypnotize you and you just ignore the words.. It’s not only that, it’s also the tunes that he crafts, which in itself is so magical that any word would weave in perfectly. It could be his shortcoming too.. “Mundhinam Parthene” from Vaaranam Aayiram sounded so good with the music gently caressing the words. Perhaps that’s why a non tamil wouldn’t make much of the song. ARR is so good in his craft that it would take something more than good to arrest his music…That’s why he is the best in this arena….

VTV in totality is a good album.. definitely not one of the best from ARR.. It sure has its magical parts.. Yet the soul was missing that you usually associate with a love story. No song to hold your partners hand and look at. Aaromale gratifies the thirst for the deserving more, Hosanna and Omana penne are decent for ARR standards and the others are sheer Rahman tricks..

Shreesha B.U
bushreesha@gmail.com

[/tscii:e65a47075c]

A.ANAND
8th April 2010, 07:52 PM
[tscii:8256cb950c]FINER ASPECTS OF VTV

Hi everybody....

Don’t think that I am here to review VTV here......Already there are too many user reviews in our www.behindwoods.com...But now I am here to look into finer aspects of this film and what we all loved in it

1) Manoj Paramahamsa

Without him, the film would have appeared to be a dud definitely. Looking at his skill on holding the lens, we doubt whether this is just really his second film.

2) Shots

All the shots were so perfect, neat and carved out well for the lead actors in the film and the credit is shared by both the cameraman Manoj and the director GM. One such brilliant shot is in the trailer.....the heroine's saree blazing over the clear blue sky as she runs and then the director's name is credited. This also appears in the Hossana number....

3) A R Rahman

The double Oscar and double Grammy award winner has really crossed the skies and has come back to Kollywood to take Tamil music to a much higher pedestal. Though the music is very

experimental, once you listen to it twice or thrice you can’t escape from its clutches. One such song is Hossanna........

Also the BGM in the movie is a masterpiece in a way easing the process of conveying emotions. One of the BGM pieces I liked the most was when Silambarasan first meets Trisha......you hear only a slow violin melody that replaces the dialogues of the lead and slowly it proceeds to the bright and energetic Hossanna

4) Trisha

Trisha has got the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and has used it to a great extent. Before this film, we know only a girl in Trisha who used to come and dance in some Vijay films and finally get married to the hero without any scope for exposing her talent with an exception of 'Abhiyum Naanum'. Trisha fits the role like a glove and performs the role of a confused young woman adeptly.

5) Silambarasan

After getting a big make-over, the young super star makes a big bang with this film and touches the finer aspects and notches of acting sans his previous image and has now become the next chocolate-boy in the town. His acting is top-notch and his performance will surely fetch him many awards, I hope. Some of the best moments he has given in the film are the climax sequence, the fight, his proposal and the scene in the night after he returns from Goa.

6) Song Picturization

I don’t think any other director other than Mani Ratnam could give this much importance to music in their films and also picturize the songs so beautifully. All the songs have been picturized so naturally and gracefully that all those who have seen the song visuals are getting more eager to watch the film.

7) KS Ravikumar, Ganesh etc.

KSR puts off a great show right from his power-packed introduction scene. Ganesh is a scene-stealer and deserves many more accolades for his finesse in humor and also for producing this wonderful venture.

8) Finally Gautham Vasudev Menon

This is somebody whom I cant for sure miss out in this review. As the legend director K Balachander said 'characters became people instead of caricatures......I was stunned by the control over narration...inconsistency of the female mind.....chemistry between the lead was terrific......' I think all these words by a genius are enough to credit the director. I suppose he is the only director whom the Tamil industry can bank upon to take us to a more international status At this juncture, I would like to tell you that in the middle of the film, we saw KS Ravikumar editing a film that had Sameera Reddy in a car.....That's GM's next film with Sameera and its a thriller and the shooting is on and lookout for more updates in www.behindoods.com.

Finally, I would like to thank behindwoods.com for bringing me from somewhere far behind the woods to you and for exposing my article to this world...I am stunned by this website's idea of having a segment for the visitors to jot down their thoughts. My best wishes for Behindwoods to prosper.....

Gautham...You rock!.....We are all waiting for your next Ajith starrer!

Sudharshan
sudharshan93@gmail.com

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/visitors-1/vinnaithaandi-varuvaayaa-rahman-06-04-10.html[/tscii:8256cb950c]

Mahen
23rd April 2010, 06:19 AM
http://movies.rediff.com/slide-show/2010/apr/22/slide-show-1-south-interview-with-vijay-prakash.htm

littlemaster1982
5th May 2010, 08:34 AM
Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya Audio Release (with Unplugged versions) - TV Rip

http://rapidshare.com/files/335563297/Vinnaithandi_Varuvaya__Audio_Release_Function____P ongal_Special___Kalaingar_TV.avi.001
http://rapidshare.com/files/335562585/Vinnaithandi_Varuvaya__Audio_Release_Function____P ongal_Special___Kalaingar_TV.avi.002
http://rapidshare.com/files/335557460/Vinnaithandi_Varuvaya__Audio_Release_Function____P ongal_Special___Kalaingar_TV.avi.003

K
6th May 2010, 02:47 PM
ஆரோமலே ஏ.ஆர். ரகுமான் - பிங்க் ப்ளாய்டு- மாத்யூ
பிங்க்

http://nesamithran.blogspot.com/2010/05/blog-post_06.html
பிங்க் ப்ளாய்டு

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1moiym6-Nk

ஏ.ஆர். ரகுமான்

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RlW-6vAWPU

மாத்யூ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgkMvk-5hhA

ajaybaskar
6th May 2010, 02:54 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8ihBRfpxlTM/SGkahcFAzrI/AAAAAAAAAiY/vAEPbE41BGw/s200/kachua.jpg

satissh_r
6th May 2010, 02:57 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8ihBRfpxlTM/SGkahcFAzrI/AAAAAAAAAiY/vAEPbE41BGw/s200/kachua.jpg :lol:

Appu s
6th May 2010, 03:13 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8ihBRfpxlTM/SGkahcFAzrI/AAAAAAAAAiY/vAEPbE41BGw/s200/kachua.jpg
:rotfl2:

raghavendran
6th May 2010, 07:26 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8ihBRfpxlTM/SGkahcFAzrI/AAAAAAAAAiY/vAEPbE41BGw/s200/kachua.jpg :rotfl3: :rotfl3: :mrgreen:

Yathu
6th May 2010, 08:37 PM
LOL

A.ANAND
7th May 2010, 07:58 AM

:rotfl3: :rotfl3: :rotfl3:

sathya_1979
7th May 2010, 07:26 PM
:clap: a la Dr. Rajasekar Movie Title "Idhudhaanda Reply"

ajaybaskar
8th May 2010, 11:45 AM
:-)

I am not a person who normally replies to such crap. But some people deserve such treatment and I can't help myself in hiding my emotions. Afterall I am human and not a divine person who would choose love over hate.. :wink:

K
8th May 2010, 05:51 PM
I personally like VTV songs and I Just Shared what I read with all, dont lose your cool buddies, convey your emotions to the Blogger if you like.

littlemaster1982
11th May 2010, 02:06 PM
[tscii:d16b9a6b77]http://celluloidrant.wordpress.com/2010/05/10/aaromaley/

Okay, so here’s my excuse: I was so engrossed in what was happening on screen (Karthik making his first movie in Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaaya) that I didn’t even notice that Aaromaley was playing in the background.

This weekend, I finally listened to this song. Really listened.

To the gentle plucking of guitar strings right at the beginning, somewhat reminiscent of Floyd’s Wish you were here. To that blues/rock/whatever wail in the foreground that you can’t make out a single word of other than the title. To the chant-like chorus in the background.

Amazing how much work that song does when you see it in context. The almost tortured lead vocals, sounding like they’re coming from a man who has had his heart torn out (which is exactly what has happened). The more sedate chorus, with lyrics about wishing a bride on her wedding day — which is sort of why that foreground is what it is. You might as well call those two tracks Karthik and Jessie.

This isn’t a sad song in the tradition of slow, melodious sad songs in Tamil cinema. Nor does it fit the stereotype of the angry, I’ll-show-her sort of song when the protagonist rises from the ashes of a failed relationship to build a life for himself/herself. This is the sort of blues-rock number that we thought fell into a different category from Tamil film music.

Until a man named Allah Rakha Rahman showed us different.[/tscii:d16b9a6b77]

satissh_r
11th May 2010, 02:26 PM
Until a man named Allah Rakha Rahman showed us different.

He always has, hasn't he? :notworthy:

MADDY
11th May 2010, 05:23 PM
Until a man named Allah Rakha Rahman showed us different.

He always has, hasn't he? :notworthy:

yeah :)

K
14th May 2010, 11:28 AM
http://charuonline.com/blog/?p=479

Action

http://mayilravanan.blogspot.com/2010/05/s.html

Reaction

vibinrajmani
15th May 2010, 09:40 PM
Aaromale female version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-efXf_pmKw&feature=player_embedded

Beautiful soul-stirring stuff from Thalaivar :clap: :clap:
If you love the feeling of melancholy, this is the perfect song to listen to :cry:

sha
15th May 2010, 09:53 PM
^^ thanks a lot, any chance for an mp3 file?

vibinrajmani
15th May 2010, 10:18 PM
You can download from this site:

http://indian-music-bgm.blogspot.com/

ajaybaskar
5th June 2010, 11:13 AM
VTV crosses the 100 day mark today..

Congrats to the team and the pillar of the movie.. Padmabhushan Dr. A R Rahman. :clap:

littlemaster1982
5th June 2010, 11:25 AM
8-)

shajith1994
5th June 2010, 09:50 PM
VTV crosses the 100 day mark today..

Congrats to the team and the pillar of the movie.. Padmabhushan Dr. A R Rahman. :clap:

:thumbsup:

shajith1994
7th June 2010, 02:44 AM
[tscii:76809cdc5b]“Real Hit” - 100 Days of ‘VTV’

The love story between Karthik and Jessie has touched 100 days. The mellifluous love story made grand by Gautham Vasudev Menon with utmost simplicity is the reliever of the year.

Industry rejoices as it is the first major hit of the year and Gautham even more and he feels it is a "real hit". Repeat, "real hit". His advertisement says it comprehensively.

‘VTV’ celebrates 100 days even in Bangalore and Thiruvananthapuram which a worthy news to spread.

Trisha who spoke to her online friends has said “VTV is a film closest to my heart.” Couple of days ago we even reported Silambarasan throwing a party to his close friend to celebrate the 100 days of ‘VTV’.

Trisha was not at the party because she is out of the country on vacation. The mood is more ebullient that even Trisha may throw a party when she returns.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/57591.html[/tscii:76809cdc5b]

rayan36
14th June 2010, 08:02 PM
[tscii:bcd227c4a5]'VTV' Hindi songs ready
IndiaGlitz [Monday, June 14, 2010]

Gautham Menon's poetic love story ‘Vinnaithandi Varuvaya' recently completed one hundred days and is still running. Meanwhile Gautham is also ready to start the Hindi version of ‘VTV’.

One major change for the Hindi version is the songs. A R Rahman has composed two new tunes for the Hindi version. Of the two one will be a duet and the other will be a solo song for the hero. Tamil ‘VTV’ had seven songs and Hindi will have eight.

A R Rahman had delivered the new tunes to Gautham before leaving on his Jai Ho world tour. The pilot versions of the songs were recorded at ARR studios in Chennai to enable the creative team to work on their digital story boards.

Trisha will play Jessie even in the Hindi version while Raj Babbar's son Pratiek Babbar will be Karthik.

[/tscii:bcd227c4a5]

ajaybaskar
14th June 2010, 09:47 PM
Which two songs will be replaced? Omana pennae and Anbil Avan?

Benny Lava
14th June 2010, 09:57 PM
I think one of them would be Vinnaithaandi varuvaaya, replaced by a title song in hindi. And the next one perhaps mannipaya :shaking:

raghavendran
15th June 2010, 08:36 AM
I think one of them would be Vinnaithaandi varuvaaya, replaced by a title song in hindi. And the next one perhaps mannipaya :shaking:n way..mannipaya is the soul of vtv...it wil b retained for sure :)

rayan36
17th June 2010, 06:09 AM
Or could be Aromele

Guess_Me
18th July 2010, 05:57 PM
I was going through the blu-ray disc review of Telugu version of VTV, Ye Maya Chesave at blu-ray.com (http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Ye-Maya-Chesave-Blu-ray/13682/#Review). The review was done by a guy called Dr. Svet Atanasov, whose doctorate is in Music from Indiana University-Bloomington and specializes in European cinema. Here is what he said about the soundtrack.

Oscar-winning composer A.R. Rahman's (Slumdog Millionaire) original soundtrack is excellent. I very much enjoyed his "Vintunnava" (performed by Karthik and Shreya Ghoshal) and "Ee Hridayam" (performed by Vijay Prakash, Suzanne D'Mello, and BlaaZe). I thought that the arrangements were indeed very well done.

From the name, the reviewer sounds Russian. Glad to see foreigners enjoying Indian music. As always proud to be an ARR fan.

Siv.S
18th July 2010, 06:09 PM
I was going through the blu-ray disc review of Telugu version of VTV, Ye Maya Chesave at blu-ray.com (http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Ye-Maya-Chesave-Blu-ray/13682/#Review). The review was done by a guy called Dr. Svet Atanasov, whose doctorate is in Music from Indiana University-Bloomington and specializes in European cinema. Here is what he said about the soundtrack.

Oscar-winning composer A.R. Rahman's (Slumdog Millionaire) original soundtrack is excellent. I very much enjoyed his "Vintunnava" (performed by Karthik and Shreya Ghoshal) and "Ee Hridayam" (performed by Vijay Prakash, Suzanne D'Mello, and BlaaZe). I thought that the arrangements were indeed very well done.

From the name, the reviewer sounds Russian. Glad to see foreigners enjoying Indian music. As always proud to be an ARR fan.
:clap: :clap:
Guess_Me :ty:

sathya_1979
18th July 2010, 06:16 PM

Whatta news :clap: Guess_Me, u made my day! Thanks a ton.

sathya_1979
18th July 2010, 06:19 PM
Any news abt original DVD in Tamizh?

ajaybaskar
18th July 2010, 09:09 PM
This man needs no lobbying. Post oscar, everybody wants to listen to his work.

sathya_1979
18th July 2010, 09:41 PM
This man needs no lobbying. Post oscar, everybody wants to listen to his work.
Even before Oscar, IIRC - WOHAE, Vande Mataram, Signature Collections etc have got glowing tributes.
Couple of samples:
"I don't remember how I even found this CD. I had never heard of A.R. Rahman but after sampling the music and reading the reviews I decided to buy it. What a revelation! The music is truly a timeless blend of eastern and western. It is at the same time powerful, sensual, deep, primitive, modern and melodic. Rahman blends primitive-sounding drums with lush orchestration and Indian and Chinese instruments. This is one CD of which I do not tire, even after I've had it on "repeat" in my CD player while I'm doing other things. Highly recommended."

"Although I am a native American who grew up in Texas on Lightin' Hopkins and Ray Charles, with a diverse taste in music from Mozart to Bill Evans to Emmy Lou Harris, I now listen primarily to A.R. Rahman - and frankly have just about lost interst in any other music.
Rahman is the genius of melody and subtle percussion. His music has evolved out of India, but it also comes from what must be his personal enormous heart-felt love for all of life, humanity and God. His grasp of the eternal and the transcendental in melody will bring tears to your eyes and long lost feelings into your heart.

Rahman is a superstar composer worldwide, loved by literally millions, and appreciated by great musicians in every country all over the planet. I'm delighted SONY has released this, because not only is it breathtaking, magical music that draws you into far away exotic realms, but it is commercially accessible to us as westerners and perhaps it will introduce many more to the Genius of the Heart - A.R. Rahman.

I can't say enough good things about his music. Look him up on the internet - there are dozens of websites devoted to him, his music, and his remarkable life. A modern day Orpheus, India's Mozart - Awesome! "

"This CD will appeal to anyone who loves the music of China, India, Turkey, Western orchestral arrangements, and original musical phrases expressed on traditional instruments. The erhu (Chinese violin), duduk (Armenian styled recorder), and taiko drums crescendo and decrescendo to create peak emotional interludes throughout the CD. I can only say, at last I found the music of A. R. Rahman!!! Having fallen in love with this CD - I very badly want to view the Chinese film, "Warriors of Heaven and Earth" for which the music was originally created.

Review of contents: track #1, "The Golden Era" begins with a delicate flute introduction which grows into a full blown expressive orchestral interlude, occasionally allowing the flute the most prominent status. It is done with a pleasing refinement. "Warriors in Peace" track #2, has sensual feminine vocals sung in Hindi, which enhance the intense appeal of the song. The melody is lyrical, the words are poetic.

Most highly captivating is track #15 which is an English translation of track #2, "Warriors in Peace". Some lyrics follow,
"Call me when you need a friend,
when you need a friend,
As the mountains crumble to the sea,
Trouble always finds a way to keep you away from me.
Look at me through my mother's eyes ...
See who I am ...
Forever free."

"Lord An's Empire' (#3) has intense drum beats that follow the sound of "AH" which occurs in a wave-like rhythmic chant that reminds me of ancient shamanic traditions. I feel my ancestral roots calling, the Hungarian shamans are whispering to me ... Track #4, "Water" begins with the mellow timber of the duduk, that is enchanting, lonely, personal,and haunting. "Horses" (#5)includes the taiko drums that cresendo and decrescendo, as if preparing for battle. It is energizing and dramatic.

"Mountains" (#6) begins with a higly evocative erhu intro (Chinese violin). It is accompanied by strong taiko drums that awaken the senses. Next are the transitional musical phrases of the orchestra. Again, the rare lone 'voice' of the erhu enters only to be overcome by the intense taiko drum-beat, seems to be a call to battle. Next, one hears Tibetan monks doing their guttural sounds ... chanting for peace, knowing full well that men are preparing for war. "Blue Light" #10, has a soulful soothing flute intro which grows into an orchestral crescendo/decrescendo ocassionally broken up by an unexpected interlude, the sounds of a lonely duduk and the clanging of cow bells. The effect is stunning ...

My sincere thanks to A.R. Rahman, the Czech Film Orchestra and Choir, Sadhana Sargam (Hindi vocals, "Warriors in Peace"), other vocalists and musical soloists -- for this magnificent creation of epic proportions. Erika Borsos"

"Purchaed this CD and am very pleased. The music is beautiful, soothing, uplifting and highly recommended. This was my first A.R. Rahman cd and have purchased others by him, but this one ranks as the best in my book. Some of it is just instrumentals and others have singing. All beautiful asian language pieces are very good. Can't go wrong, The Czech Symphony performed flawlessly.

P. Trueax
Washington, DC"

"After being introduced to A.R. Rahman through the fantastic Slumdog Millionaire Score, I realized that my taste for his music had not been satiated and I started looking for recommendations. I enjoy a broad variety of music, and didn't want to just commit to a single score, so this collection was perfect for me as a way of sampling what Rahman has to offer.

Overall, the music is great and reminded me of Delerium (most similar to Poem), Enigma, and other eclectic film scores, but with a welcome and beautiful emphasis on indigenous Indian instrumentation. Many of the songs are filled with an intensity and joyfulness that is rare in film scores. Others are lovely, introspective, romantic. Essentially, everything you would want from film scores!

This is a great, I repeat, GREAT collection of music. If you love film scores, or liked the Slumdog soundtrack, this is a must buy. I'd actually say that this collection is even better than the Slumdog soundtrack, which while really good, doesn't quite measure up to the best tracks on this CD.

5/5 Stars. An awesome, atmospheric romp through Indian influenced ambient, eclectic electronica, dance, more traditional film score sound, and generally music that is infused with hopeful, beautiful and resonant themes of life. "

"

A.ANAND
28th July 2010, 06:15 PM
இன்று முதல் இந்தி விண்ணைத் தாண்டி வருவாயா

விண்ணைத் தாண்டி வருவாயா படத்தின் இந்தி ரீமேக் இன்று முதல் தொடங்குகிறது.

இந்த ஆண்டில் வெளியான சூப்பர் ஹிட் காதல் படமான விண்ணைத் தாண்டி வருவாயா எல்லை தாண்டி இந்திக்குப் போயுள்ளது. ஆர்.எஸ். இன்போன்டெய்ன்மென்ட் மற்றும் கெளதம் மேனனின் போட்டான் பேக்டரி இணைந்து இப்படத்தை இந்தியில் ரீமேக் செய்கின்றன.

இப்படத்தையும் கெளதம் மேனனே இயக்கவுள்ளார். இந்திப் பதிப்பில் சிம்பு வேடத்தில் பிரதிக் பாபர் நடிக்கிறார். இவர் பிரபலமான முன்னாள் ஹீரோ ராஜ் பாபரின் மகன் ஆவார். ஹீரோயினாக திரிஷாவே நடிக்கிறார்.

ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் இந்திப் படத்திற்கும் இசையமைக்கிறார். அந்தோணி எடிட்டிங்கைக் கவனிக்க, ராஜீவன் கலையைக் கவனிக்க, கேமராமேனாக பணியாற்றுகிறார் மனோஜ் பரமஹம்சா.

திரிஷாவுக்கு இது 2வது இந்திப் படமாகும். முதல் படமான கட்டா மீத்தா சமீபத்தில்தான் திரைக்கு வந்து ஓடிக் கொண்டிருக்கிறது. சூட்டோடு சூடாக அவர் அடுத்த இந்திப் படத்திற்குத் தயாராகி விட்டார். அதுவும் தமிழில் பெரும் வெற்றி பெற்ற படமான விண்ணைத் தாண்டி வருவாயா மூலம் அவர் இந்தியில் தனது 2வது அடியை எடுத்து வைப்பது குறிப்பிடத்தகக்து.

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2010/07/28-hindi-vinnai-thandi-varuvaya-pratik-trisha.html

A.ANAND
28th July 2010, 06:17 PM
Gautham Menon starts VTV Hindi today!

By Moviebuzz | Wednesday, 28 July , 2010, 10:47

Gautham Vasudev Menon is making another foray into Bollywood with the Hindi remake of his successful romantic hit VTV.

Menon has roped in Pratek Babbar and Trisha who did the original to the Hindi version. Trisha told sify.com:  really excited about doing the VTV remake in Hindi. It is a challenge and you will see me in better focus than my debut film in Hindi.?P> Gautham himself will turn producer for the film under RS Infotainment banner with Photon Kathaas and Mumbai's Purple Arts.

Double Grammy and Oscar-winner A R Rahman, who did the original, would be scoring the music while Antony handles editing, art by Rajeevan and cinematography by Manoj Paramahamsa.

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.

A.ANAND
28th July 2010, 06:18 PM
'VTV' to speak in Hindi from today
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, July 28, 2010]

The most successful romantic movie of the year 'Vinnaithandi Varuvaya', produced by RS Infotainment and Photon Factory, is all set to speak in Hindi.

The Hindi remake of the Gautham Vasudev Menon's classic will be directed by Gautham himself and would be produced by RS Infotainment in association with Photon Kathaas and Mumbai's Purple Arts. Shooting will start from today, said a press release from the producers

Playing the lead role in the romantic entertainer in Hindi version would be Pratik Babbar, son of yesteryear popular Bollywood hero Raj Babbar. Trisha who played Jessi in Tamil will repeat the act in Hindi.

Double Grammy and Oscar-winner A R Rahman would be scoring the music while Anthony handles editing, art by Rajeevan and cinematography by Manoj Paramahamsa.

A.ANAND
31st July 2010, 02:36 PM
VTv earns an other Award.

http://simbucentral.blogspot.com/2010/07/vtv-earns-other-award.html

VTV songs monopoly in press awards

http://simbucentral.blogspot.com/2010/06/vtv-grabs-4-awards-in-press-awards-for.html

Mahen
1st August 2010, 11:39 AM
I have a feeling that VTV hindi is gona flop :roll: why newcomer GM? :banghead:

Ramakrishna
1st August 2010, 11:48 AM
His 2nd hindi film

Mahen
1st August 2010, 12:01 PM
His 2nd hindi film

I was referring to the hero-heroine :) No one knows Gautham in Bollywood, so its not a good move to make films with newbies....

sathya_1979
1st August 2010, 12:02 PM
Tamizh VTV original DVD eppo release aagum?

A.ANAND
1st August 2010, 08:50 PM
an again trisha!! :huh: :banghead:

Dragun
1st August 2010, 09:48 PM

It's already released outside India:

http://www.bhavanidvd.com/product_info.php?products_id=4071&osCsid=0fc872f185a7b7d2de4765aa16e1f52c

sathya_1979
1st August 2010, 09:55 PM

It's already released outside India:

http://www.bhavanidvd.com/product_info.php?products_id=4071&osCsid=0fc872f185a7b7d2de4765aa16e1f52c
Thanks a ton! One more ques: Will they ship to India?

raghavendran
2nd August 2010, 06:18 PM
an again trisha!! :huh: :banghead:u mean for the hindi version...y not..avange nalladhaane panirpange in tamizh? :)

A.ANAND
2nd August 2010, 07:57 PM
an again trisha!! :huh: :banghead:u mean for the hindi version...y not..avange nalladhaane panirpange in tamizh? :)

fresh-sha vera orutara ethirpatten!katrina kaif! :D

A.ANAND
3rd August 2010, 06:48 PM
Check this out!!!! VTV Special edition!!!Facebook | Sony Music South

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=365880&id=138529366173057

A.ANAND
4th August 2010, 06:17 PM
[tscii:975bb07f94]BONUS FOR RAHMAN FANS

Aug 04, 2010

Home > More news

Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya, released earlier this year, was a runaway success in Tamil cinema. This musical romantic movie treated fans with some amazing music and visuals. Rahman's first Tamil movie after his Oscar journey, the music of VTV was released in London. If you are a fan of Rahman and you liked the music of VTV, then read this. A special edition pack is going to be released soon with additional soundtracks, BGM and a DVD of the audio premiere held in the BAFTA Theatre in London. Isn¡¯t that a double bonanza?

Just to refresh memories, VTV is being remade in Hindi by Gautham with Trisha and Prateek Babbar in lead roles and AR Rahman scoring the music.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/aug-10-01/rahman-vinnaithaandi-varuvaaya-04-08-10.html[/tscii:975bb07f94]

raghavendran
4th August 2010, 06:18 PM
Check this out!!!! VTV Special edition!!!Facebook | Sony Music South

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=365880&id=138529366173057from the master himself :notworthy:
indhe combove miss panravangale enna pannalam :evil:

NOV
4th August 2010, 07:10 PM
Soon, you can listen to some unreleased tracks from Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa

Coming Soon - Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa special edition pack with additional soundtracks from the movie and DVD of special Audio Premier at BAFTA Theatre London.

lancelot
5th August 2010, 08:53 AM
Soon, you can listen to some unreleased tracks from Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa

Coming Soon - Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa special edition pack with additional soundtracks from the movie and DVD of special Audio Premier at BAFTA Theatre London.

anyone have any idea when this will be out? :)

A.ANAND
28th August 2010, 06:50 PM
[arr] VTV special pack will be out in another 2 weeks

http://twitter.com/south_sonymusic

:2thumbsup:

A.ANAND
21st September 2010, 06:37 PM
Indian producer Photon plans AIM listing

South India's Photon Kathaas Prods. is planning to list on London's Alternate Investment Market to raise ? million ($9.3 million) to produce films in regional languages at a new film studio.
Chairing the venture will be Michael Rosenberg, one of the founders of TVAM, the U.K.'s first commercial breakfast station. Chief creative officer will be filmmaker Gautham Vasudev Menon and former Channel 4 exec Nathalie Schwarz will also be on the board. Composer A.R. Rahman will serve as creative adviser.

Menon's Tamil/Telugu bilingual "Vinnaithaandi varuvaaya"/"Ye maaya chesave," featuring music by Rahman, grossed $8.8 million this year, according to Photon.

Pics will be made in South Indian languages, which include Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada. Films in the southern languages are either released in the original lingo across South India or are dubbed or remade.

A 2009 Ernst & Young report valued the industry at $374 million a year and said that it accounted for 60% of all Indian film production and 75% of all revenues.

However, according to Photon, the industry is fragmented and IP rights are underexploited -- unlike its Hindi counterpart, Bollywood.

Photon hopes to rectify this through an improved business model and tap into a market that comprises some 240 million people within India and 12 million around the world.

Photon chief exec Venkat Somasundaram said, "Our listing, strong financial position and studio-led corporate model will enable us to attract talent, both creative and operational, while substantially reducing our product financing costs."

Other Indian film companies listed on AIM include Bollywood giant Eros and animation house DQ Entertainment.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118024402.html?categoryId=1442&cs=1

jinju
2nd October 2010, 09:17 PM

what's up on this? is it released guys? eagerly waiting...

rayan36
4th October 2010, 08:00 AM

:notworthy: :notworthy: :thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
26th October 2010, 12:45 PM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=167734466585880&set=a.140874092605251.24415.138529366173057&comments

ajaybaskar
27th October 2010, 07:26 PM
Samples out..

Eagerly awaited Aaromale female version by Shreya Ghoshal.. :clap:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sony-Music-South/138529366173057

Mahen
28th October 2010, 05:46 AM
:omg: athu shreya va? :notworthy:

A.ANAND
28th October 2010, 06:29 AM
arr and shreya combo making continiuse hit both in tamil and hindi! :clap: :thumbsup:

Yathu
30th October 2010, 12:49 AM
Samples out..

Eagerly awaited Aaromale female version by Shreya Ghoshal.. :clap:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sony-Music-South/138529366173057

"Jessie's Land" and "Aromale" Shreya version, just hearing the samples gave me goosebumps!

ajaybaskar
1st November 2010, 06:52 PM
The Special Pack would be on stores from Nov 4th.

jinju
5th November 2010, 09:49 PM
The Special Pack would be on stores from Nov 4th.

wow finally! thanks for the update ajay...anyone bought it? i'l be getting it tomorrow!

jinju
6th November 2010, 10:01 PM
has it been released yet? searched quite a few cd shops here in kovai..noone still has an inkling of such an album! disappointing day :cry:

littlemaster1982
6th November 2010, 11:00 PM
Jinju,

Wait for at least a week. I doubt the CD would have reached the stores even in Chennai.

jinju
7th November 2010, 06:20 PM
oh ok master...will keep track..

ajaybaskar
11th November 2010, 04:03 PM
Join the singers of VTV & Gautam Vasudev Menon as they launch "A.R.Rahman Collectors' Edition Pack" of Vinnaithandi Varuvayaa on 13th November, 5 p.m onwards at Odyssey Store, Express Avenue, Chennai.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/attachments/folder/389589733/item/1881965834/view

Mahen
14th November 2010, 03:33 PM
Was disappointed that theres no additional song...they should have added a song... :evil: Sony :twisted: But Aaromale-F was superb..

baba88
14th November 2010, 11:56 PM
Was disappointed that theres no additional song...they should have added a song... :evil: Sony :twisted: But Aaromale-F was superb..

Where should they get a new song from that didnt appear in the movie ???

Mahen
15th November 2010, 06:01 AM

Oru bonus track potrukalam :roll: or at least jessie's driving me crazy

Gaja
15th November 2010, 08:13 AM
[tscii:053e8a613c]the complete list of the pack:

Omana Penne - Benny Dayal, Kalyani Menon Malayalam Lyrics : Kalyani Menon
Anbil Avan - Devan Ekambaram, Chinmayi
Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa - Karthik Additional vox : Vivek Agarwal
Hosanna - Vijay Prakash, Suzanne, Blaaze English Rap Lyrics : Blaaze
Kannukkul Kannai - Naresh Iyer
Mannipaaya - A.R.Rahman, Shreya Ghoshal
Aaoromale - Alphonse Malayalam Lyrics : Kaithapram
Jessy been Drving Me Crazy (Mixed by rahmanism)
Omana Penne – AR Rahman
Aaromale (With Dialogue) – Shreya Ghosal, Dialogue – Chinmayi (Mixed by rahmanism)
Aaromale (Female) - Shreya Ghosal
Jessie's Land – Megha
Omana Penne – AR Rahman (Mixed by Pratap)
Omana Penne (Website Theme) – AR Rahman

http://www.rahmanism.com/2009/09/listen-vinnaithaandi-varuvaayaa.html[/tscii:053e8a613c]

raghavendran
15th November 2010, 09:14 AM
Oh! When did this release! After singing 'Mannipaya' (VTV) Rahman sir asked me to sing this(Aaromale) and this session happened pretty late in the night..
This raag, the vibe, dont why, i just went in to some kind of trance. memorable recording.

- Shreya Ghoshal

Mahen
15th November 2010, 10:52 AM
[tscii:1ce315dc4f]the complete list of the pack:

Omana Penne - Benny Dayal, Kalyani Menon Malayalam Lyrics : Kalyani Menon
Anbil Avan - Devan Ekambaram, Chinmayi
Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa - Karthik Additional vox : Vivek Agarwal
Hosanna - Vijay Prakash, Suzanne, Blaaze English Rap Lyrics : Blaaze
Kannukkul Kannai - Naresh Iyer
Mannipaaya - A.R.Rahman, Shreya Ghoshal
Aaoromale - Alphonse Malayalam Lyrics : Kaithapram
Jessy been Drving Me Crazy (Mixed by rahmanism)
Omana Penne – AR Rahman
Aaromale (With Dialogue) – Shreya Ghosal, Dialogue – Chinmayi (Mixed by rahmanism)
Aaromale (Female) - Shreya Ghosal
Jessie's Land – Megha
Omana Penne – AR Rahman (Mixed by Pratap)
Omana Penne (Website Theme) – AR Rahman

http://www.rahmanism.com/2009/09/listen-vinnaithaandi-varuvaayaa.html[/tscii:1ce315dc4f]

:confused2: ithu enna puthu list-tu

A.ANAND
15th November 2010, 11:13 AM
http://images.behindwoods.com/photo-galleries-q1-09/tamil-photo-gallery/-vinnaithaandi-varuvaayaa/01--vinnaithaandi-varuvaayaa--vinnaithaandi-varuvaayaa-ar-rahman.html

A.ANAND
15th November 2010, 11:14 AM
aromale female version mp3 iruntha yaarathu PM pannungappa!

lancelot
15th November 2010, 11:30 AM
i just called the local CD store. he said its Rs.2,500 for the CD (around Rs.800 indian). Thats a bit expensive. but, he said that you also get an A R Rahman t-shirt. hmmm

Kumar2020
15th November 2010, 11:54 AM
can anyone please let me know if this is also available here in malaysia??hope they release it here in malaysia...im waiting for it

Guess_Me
15th November 2010, 01:37 PM
i just called the local CD store. he said its Rs.2,500 for the CD (around Rs.800 indian). Thats a bit expensive. but, he said that you also get an A R Rahman t-shirt. hmmm
With just 2 extra tracks, I wouldn't support this double dip. Honestly I am worried that post Oscar, ARR is becoming more of a brand than a composer. Can't help but comment that his post Oscar works doesn't match the pre Oscar era in quality as well (VTV is an exception but I believe songs like Hosanna and Omana Penne were composed before Oscars as we have seen those shooting videos on Youtube).

lancelot
15th November 2010, 01:53 PM
With just 2 extra tracks, I wouldn't support this double dip. Honestly I am worried that post Oscar, ARR is becoming more of a brand than a composer. Can't help but comment that his post Oscar works doesn't match the pre Oscar era in quality as well (VTV is an exception but I believe songs like Hosanna and Omana Penne were composed before Oscars as we have seen those shooting videos on Youtube).

there is nothing to worry Guess_Me. its fact that ARR is now a brand. its how it will be, we really cant change that. but i wont say his post Oscar work lacks quality. yes, few songs have not been great. Following is how ill rate his post Oscar work. Even Blue and Couples Retreat had some good songs in them.

GOOD
2010 Jhootha Hi Sahi
2010 127 Hours
2010 Raavan (music)
2010 Raavanan (music)
2009 Delhi-6
2010 Endhiran

OK
2010 Komaram Puli

BAD
2009 Blue
2009 Couples Retreat[/b]

Guess_Me
15th November 2010, 02:09 PM
Delhi 6 is one of my all time favorite but it was composed before Oscars.

JHS not as good as Jaane Tu
Raavan nowhere near Guru

Only Enthiran was better than Sivaji, for me. But even then it lacked a song like Sahana. Kadhal Anukkal was good but not as good as Sahana.

A.ANAND
15th November 2010, 04:08 PM
mr.lancelot sir,

please don't compare thalaivar album with another album!thalaivar music-la 'bad album'innu onnu irukka enna?depent on our taste of music!unggalukku pidichacthu,mattavanggalaku pidikathu illya?

lancelot
15th November 2010, 04:43 PM
mr.lancelot sir,

please don't compare thalaivar album with another album!thalaivar music-la 'bad album'innu onnu irukka enna?depent on our taste of music!unggalukku pidichacthu,mattavanggalaku pidikathu illya?

very sorry Anand, my bad :(

rayan36
16th November 2010, 10:01 AM
mr.lancelot sir,

I think Blue was better than JHS, Delhi 6 was even better!!!

lancelot
16th November 2010, 10:05 AM
mr.lancelot sir,

exactly what Anand was pointing out. everyone likes different albums. am totally in love with JHS and Delhi 6 is in a league of its own. but i was very disappointed with Blue. Anyway, let move on.

has anyone gone and bought the collectors edition of VV?

A.ANAND
16th November 2010, 10:43 PM
mr.lancelot sir,

dehli 6 masterpiece album-nga,itha poi better gitter innu sollarenggale rayan sir! :cry:

lancelot
17th November 2010, 07:14 AM
Got the collectors edition as a birthday gift from wife dear :D

A.ANAND
17th November 2010, 10:51 AM
congrats lancelot sir :D

lancelot
18th November 2010, 10:09 AM
congrats lancelot sir :D
thanx Anand Sir. the T-shirt is to small for me :( and am yet to see the DVDs. ill post my comments on it soon

A.ANAND
19th November 2010, 10:29 AM
[tscii:69fb77285d]VTV¡¯s Hindi version kicks off

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/VTVs-Hindi-version-kicks-off/articleshow/6947695.cms[/tscii:69fb77285d]

ajaybaskar
21st November 2010, 10:25 AM
Aaromale by Shreya is soul stirring. Listened to it more than 100 times in the as 12 hours.. Varushathukku oru paattu ippadi koduthaa podhum.

jinju
21st November 2010, 09:20 PM
Aaromale by Shreya is soul stirring.

+1

baba88
22nd November 2010, 02:02 AM
I read somewhere that in the VTV hindi remake, it's gonna be a love between a indian boy and a british girl. So i dont think songs like Aaromale, Omana Penne and Anbil Avan will be used again.

NOV
25th June 2011, 09:24 AM
News is going around that there is going to be a sequel, aptly titled "Vinnai Thaandi Varuven"

Will Trisha divorce her husband? :lol:

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/jun-11-04/gautham-menon-str-22-06-11.html

SoftSword
25th June 2011, 03:29 PM
thrisha kalyanamum DMK aatchila dhaan nadandhadhaa?

sathya_1979
25th June 2011, 06:01 PM
Ah! why did I come back to this thread? marubadi indha padaththa innaikku paakkaNum :(

Dragun
28th June 2011, 12:47 AM
News is going around that there is going to be a sequel, aptly titled "Vinnai Thaandi Varuven"

Will Trisha divorce her husband? :lol:

"Vinnaithaandi Povaaya?" :)

A.ANAND
1st July 2011, 03:27 AM
VV2 vantha tamil-la kuda hit aagum.but GM hindi-la edukira intha {vv hindi version}sutta worst!nichayam flop-than!n.i taste vera namma aalu taste vera.intha padam pannarathu gm pesa tamil-la vera oru padam edukalam!worst time..worst money!!!

SoftSword
1st July 2011, 03:33 AM
apdi solla mudiyaadhu anand...
VTV ennoda NI roommates'ku kaattinaen....
atthana perum padatthoda fans ippo... there is one guy who has watched it 4 times already... he says its 90% his story...
and they have recommended their other friends to watch this... and they hav watched and liked it too.....

also, gm had already learnt a lesson on wat not to do while remaking a movie in hindi....
now he would make amends... wait and watch...

A.ANAND
1st July 2011, 03:45 AM
nallathu nadantha sarithan!paapome!

NOV
1st July 2011, 06:06 AM
GVM is not involved in the sequel, if any!

Parthyy
1st July 2011, 11:41 AM
Its a an Idea.for sequel ...may or may not

A.ANAND
2nd July 2011, 02:46 AM
Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya CD + DVD Pack

http://600024.com/store/vinnaithaandi-varuvaaya-cd-dvd-pack-tamil-audio-video

rsubras
8th July 2011, 03:46 PM
apdi solla mudiyaadhu anand...
VTV ennoda NI roommates'ku kaattinaen....
atthana perum padatthoda fans ippo... there is one guy who has watched it 4 times already... he says its 90% his story...
and they have recommended their other friends to watch this... and they hav watched and liked it too.....

also, gm had already learnt a lesson on wat not to do while remaking a movie in hindi....
now he would make amends... wait and watch...

Ppl appreciating an other language film and appreciating the same film remade in their own language are two different things.. not all films that were appreciated when watched in a different language got appreciated when the same film remade in their language..the amount of "local" flavor, performance by the lead artistes all are taken into account........

PARAMASHIVAN
8th July 2011, 05:02 PM
Love this song to the core, ARR at his best!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziGR8ZCVHSA&feature=player_detailpage

Mahen
26th July 2011, 08:28 PM
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/videoshow/9323553.cms

Mahen
15th November 2011, 05:51 AM
Hindi Hosanna promo is out..before i could see it, Fox removed it :evil:

littlemaster1982
15th November 2011, 09:22 AM
Ungalukku surusuruppu patthalai :evil:

littlemaster1982
15th November 2011, 09:28 AM
Watched it. Just 22 seconds, out of which only 10 seconds are visuals. Releasing in Jan.

Mahen
15th November 2011, 10:46 AM
Where you saw? pattu eppadi? Jan movie release or album release?

satissh_r
15th November 2011, 10:59 AM
I saw a 10 second clip of Hosanna and the lyrics didn't seem to fit at all... Unakku Hindi theriyuma nu kekkadhinga :p

wizzy
15th November 2011, 11:34 AM
lyrics by GVM? :lol:

littlemaster1982
15th November 2011, 11:46 AM
Where you saw? pattu eppadi? Jan movie release or album release?

Mediafire link (http://www.mediafire.com/?ljl6si6rscnqanf). Padamdhan Jan release.

Benny Lava
16th November 2011, 09:11 PM
Mediafire link (http://www.mediafire.com/?ljl6si6rscnqanf). Padamdhan Jan release.

That is ultra fast! ARR needs time to produce the album!

May be they will release the album after the film release :P

ajaybaskar
17th November 2011, 06:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyz_7hZ7FJA

directhit
17th November 2011, 07:06 PM
Amy dhaan solpa idikkudhu :| konja thalli nindhukkaren...

Mahen
17th November 2011, 07:52 PM
pattu nalla thaan iruku :)

Mahen
17th November 2011, 07:54 PM
watched the promo more than 10times :oops:

directhit
17th November 2011, 08:01 PM
watched the promo more than 10times :oops: idhellaam sariyaa parunga, Rockstar pathi mattum baed words parappunga :evil:

Mahen
17th November 2011, 08:06 PM
'from acclaimed director'.. eppadi GM ippadi ellam :lol2:

Mahen
17th November 2011, 08:07 PM
idhellaam sariyaa parunga, Rockstar pathi mattum baed words parappunga :evil:
VTV-classic..RS-mokkai :)

directhit
17th November 2011, 08:14 PM
VTV-classic..RS-mokkai :) he he ungalukku padam pudikkalainu sollunga! whts funny is there are many familiarities with VTV and RS, and when EDT releases ppl up north are gonna start comparisons :lol2: ofc VTV is superior

Mahen
17th November 2011, 08:17 PM
RS enaku suthama pidikile..very amateurish..loads of flaws..pls dont ever touch VTV..thats a true kathal kaviyam :)

Mahen
17th November 2011, 08:20 PM
EDT is gona be a new experience for the Northies..eppadi react pannaranga-nu paapom :)

directhit
17th November 2011, 08:21 PM
somehow this movie seems to have extreme reactions, a girl in our team totally hated it, enga vootla both of us liked it lots
a genuine q - ippo dhan unga reviews padichen, did u not like it coz she was married and they had sex b4 marriage etc :?

directhit
17th November 2011, 08:24 PM
EDT is gona be a new experience for the Northies..eppadi react pannaranga-nu paapom :) appadingareenga? I somehow felt RS had lotsa stuff out of VTV (intentional or not!) paapom, a lot depends on Prateik (liked him a lot in JTYJN) and Amy

Mahen
17th November 2011, 08:30 PM
somehow this movie seems to have extreme reactions, a girl in our team totally hated it, enga vootla both of us liked it lots
a genuine q - ippo dhan unga reviews padichen, did u not like it coz she was married and they had sex b4 marriage etc :?
1)i just dont like the idea of going after a married woman..2) how all of sudden he become a big rockstar.. 3) the theory 'experience pain to be a better musician etc and lots more..
hub-le kuda i think only u/ajay and satya liked it