PDA

View Full Version : Sir Sachin Tendulkar 4

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

littlemaster1982
28th July 2010, 07:04 PM
His first test century in SL soil in 11 yrs.

In other words, a century after 4 matches. These Cricinfo guys :banghead:

ajaybaskar
28th July 2010, 07:24 PM
Cool down! Cool down!!

Cricinfo has nothing to do with that. I just posted what Tony Greig said after SRT completed his century.

littlemaster1982
28th July 2010, 07:38 PM
I see. Cricinfo was also saying about no hundreds in last 10 years, forgetting the fact only 6 matches were played during then.

littlemaster1982
28th July 2010, 07:45 PM
It could have been 6 hundreds in 6 matches this year :cry:

littlemaster1982
29th July 2010, 01:24 AM
No.48

[html:4bfe1a76cf]http://lh3.ggpht.com/_6DTventXAfw/TFAsPEfeh8I/AAAAAAAAA8I/W1is2uG7mZ4/s512/119921.jpg[/html:4bfe1a76cf]

m_karthik
29th July 2010, 01:29 AM
No.48

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_6DTventXAfw/TFAsPEfeh8I/AAAAAAAAA8I/W1is2uG7mZ4/s512/119921.jpg

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

But vellai thaadi... :omg: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

VinodKumar's
29th July 2010, 01:33 AM
I think first time he look aged and matured !!!

littlemaster1982
29th July 2010, 12:40 PM
Sachin Tendulkar now joins Steve Waugh as the only player to score 150 against every test playing nation.

8-) 8-)

Dinesh84
29th July 2010, 01:00 PM
Sachin has now equalled Lara as the batsman with most scores of 150+. Nineteen for the record. Bradman had 18. 8-) 8-)

Dinesh84
29th July 2010, 02:37 PM
Sachin 'Ton'Dulkar :bow: :clap:

satissh_r
29th July 2010, 02:40 PM
:notworthy: :thumbsup: :bluejump:

Wishing and Praying he plays for another 4 years :D

gurusaravanan
29th July 2010, 03:04 PM

Wishing and Praying he plays for another 4 years :D no no another 6 years

satissh_r
29th July 2010, 03:15 PM

Wishing and Praying he plays for another 4 years :D no no another 6 years

To play after 40 might be difficult physically :roll: Athanala than 4 years ketten

Sourav
29th July 2010, 09:16 PM
feddy enga aalai kanom konja naala?!

Sourav
29th July 2010, 09:22 PM
Sachin Tendulkar now joins Steve Waugh as the only player to score 150 against every test playing nation.

8-) 8-)great record! :clap: etthanaivathu double ithu?!

VinodKumar's
29th July 2010, 09:23 PM

8-) 8-)great record! :clap: etthanaivathu double ithu?!

5th !!!

Bala (Karthik)
30th July 2010, 07:13 AM
feddy enga aalai kanom konja naala?!
pona match 84 adichappa absent-aanadhaye vanmaya kandikkalaam nu irundhen... ippavum varala.. :twisted:

Dinesh84
2nd August 2010, 05:21 PM
'Tendulkar is a legend and still wants to improve' (http://cricket.rediff.com/slide-show/2010/aug/02/slide-show-1-sachin-tendulkar-world-record-most-test-appearances-harish-kotian.htm)
The 'grandfather' of Indian cricket is officially set to become the 'grandfather' of international cricket.

Sachin Tendulkar will become the most capped player in Test history when he plays in the third and final Test against Sri Lanka, beginning in Colombo, on Thursday.

The Mumbai batting icon, 37, will surpass former Australia captain Steve Waugh when he plays in a world record 169th Test.

Tendulkar, who made his Test debut in November 1989 against Pakistan, has broken every possible batting record in international cricket, including those for most runs and centuries in both formats -- ODI and Test cricket.

Yuvraj Singh had revealed last year that the younger players in the squad fondly refer to Tendulkar as "grandfather".

"We call him grandfather. Someone who has played the game for so long and is a legend and still wants to improve; it is just amazing. He still wants to bowl in the nets, he still wants to improve," Yuvraj had said.

tamizharasan
3rd August 2010, 12:01 AM
One amazing thing about Tendulkar is hunger for runs did not fade even a bit after almost 21 years.

sathya_1979
3rd August 2010, 10:00 AM
Thalaivaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :bow:

sathya_1979
3rd August 2010, 10:25 PM
http://ibnlive.in.com/generalnewsfeed/news/when-tendulkar-can-attend-camp-why-not-all-sportspersons-hc/194725.html

When Tendulkar can attend camp why not all sportspersons: HC
PTI
New Delhi, Aug 2 (PTI) A woman wrestler not selected for Commonwealth Games as she was irregular in training was refused relief by the Delhi High Court, which said even Sachin Tendulkar goes through camps before any big cricket series. Sonika Kaliraman, daughter of late wrestling guru Chandagi Ram, along with three other wrestlers who had challenged the Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) decision to drop them from the list of probable players for the CWG, scheduled from October 3 to October 14, 2010, here. Dismissing their plea, the court said that "every sportsperson should follow the procedure". "Even after hitting so many centuries, Tendulkar has to attend training camps before any cricket series. If he goes to camps for training then why cannot you," Justice S Muralidhar said adding that "every sportsperson should follow the procedure". The court said there is no "arbitrariness" on the part of the Federation in rejecting their participation in the game as they took the decision on the basis of current form of players. "Irrespective of past performances, the Federation is supposed to select players with good current performance," the court said while setting aside their contention that they should have been selected on the basis of their past performance. Sonika, a well known wrestler had alleged that the selection procedure adopted by the WFI was unfair. The wrestler, who has also participated in reality tv show 'Khatron Ke khiladi' with bollywood star Akshay Kumar, alleged she was not able to participate in the training camp as she was not well and was in the US. Earlier, the High Court had issued notices to the Central Government, the Indian Olympic Association and the Wrestling Federation of India on the wrestlers' petition.

Thalaivar a la Goundar: Kusthi case ellaam namma kitta varudhuba! Naan enna courtaa vakkeelaa? :lol:

littlemaster1982
4th August 2010, 07:29 AM
Tendulkar relishes the ache of endurance (http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/current/story/470696.html)

It is a record Sachin Tendulkar was expected to break. Opening his innings at the tail-end of the last millennium, no one could spend two decades in the international game and not go past his other peers in terms of the number of Tests played.

In their time, the cricketers whose names will now follow Tendulkar's on this list of iron men were once indefatigable: Steve Waugh, it seemed, would never melt and Allan Border looked like he would never crumble.

Yet after them Tendulkar arrived. As he steps into the P Sara stadium on Tuesday morning, this blazing comet of a cricketer, who batted at a rhythm different from Border and Waugh, will become the last of their kind - the long-surviving Test titan.

Stretch the imagination 22 years ahead and see if you can pick any fresh Test stripling of today - Umar Akmal, Eoin Morgan, Steven Smith, Adrian Barath - to go past 170 Tests.

Other than Bradman's 99.94, Tendulkar now owns the marks that batsmen dream about: most runs and most centuries. If those were about skill, this one, 169 Tests, is about his hunger. More than anything else, it is what has taken him this far and what has given his career a mind-bender of a second wind after the gloom of 2006.

The day before his 169th Test appearance, he described his sport much like Glenn McGrath did, calling it 'simple'. In an interview he had once talked about its more complex layers. "There is not a single boring day," he said, "when you don't learn anything new."

Those could have been the words of a young man in his tenth Test but that was circa 2003. Tendulkar the cricketer has switched effortlessly between youth and maturity. When he turned 18 and was by then an 11-Test veteran, his city's signature tabloid Mid-Day put him on the cover of their Sunday magazine supplement, posing on Marine Drive, dressed in a shirt of riotous colour at the wheel of his first car, a Maruti 800.

A taciturn teenager, far from the confident sage of the 21st century, he had these words of wisdom to offer on his coming of age. "When you are 18," he said, "you're not young anymore." When he had gone two series without a hundred, it was said that far too many allowances were being made for his age. In his third series and his ninth Test, three months after turning 17, he batted at No. 6 just ahead of Manoj Prabhakar and produced the first of his 48 centuries in Manchester. It was expected and it happened. This was the prodigy who fit into his India cap with ease, without open tantrum, controversy or angst.

With 168 Tests, Tendulkar has grown up in public and so appears timeless but he is a different man from the cherub who couldn't hide under the helmet grille. Until the first crack of his bat made the annoucement of intent that is. The noise of the crowd lifted him but in the first half of his career, even when captain, Tendulkar lived with a peculiar strain of white line fever. The competitor on the field was a man of deep reserve when outside its boundaries.

Even though he grew up in a slightly more mellow age - one in which his telephone number could be found by looking for his father's name in the Mumbai telephone directory - he lived with public expectation and dependence like no other teammate peer or contemporary. Still, whatever his inner debates about a youth lived in the open, his batting remained reliably resplendent. As he would himself say, there wasn't a day he wasn't learning, be it how to season a long innings with strokes that had until then belonged to his one-day repertoire or experimenting with what it meant to be anchor over aggressor.

What defined him most sharply as the youngest of men in Indian cricket still remains as he becomes the game's oldest. Before the icon and the brand and the deification and the 37kg coffee table books comes the batsman.

It is as if his mind has always been deliberate, undistracted and his heart, when stepping on the field, full with youthful optimism.

He will prepare for his 169th Test just like he always has, in calculated, thoughtful steps.

During nets on Monday, he would have inspected the P Sara wicket and calibrated all the information into method and shot selection. He described it once: "I look at the wicket and the opposition and analyse their strengths and weaknesses and then pick my shots. These are the shots that will bring me closer to 100 per cent success. You try and minimise your risks. But in spite of that you make mistakes."

Then when back in his room, on his own, he will spend ten minutes on a visualisation, part of his pre-match preparation since he was a school boy. He will see the bowlers before him, the stationing of the field, the feel of the ground, the heat or the breeze, the noise of the crowd, "so when I actually go there in the middle it's the second time I'm going there, not the first".

He may pick up the bat he has carried back with him to his hotel like he does every time and maybe shadow practice a little. Just before his 169th match, he will do all of this, part-drill, part-prayer, equal respect given to practice and providence.

When he goes out on the field, with India creaking at their joints, Sachin Tendulkar will have with him a record that is a reminder not of champagne and glory but the ache of endurance. But he will walk lightly because, like always, he will be the young man of 16.

sathya_1979
4th August 2010, 11:13 PM
Old article, still worth a read again:
http://www.cricinfo.com/sachinat20/content/story/434423.html

'The best batsman I've bowled to' There's Steve Waugh and Brian Lara. And then, a notch above, there's Sachin Tendulkar

Allan Donald

September 1, 2002

I had been watching Sachin Tendulkar on and off before we (South Africa) were readmitted in 1991. People were always talking about him so I was aware of what we were going to come up against, and I remember Craig McDermott telling us that he was going to be the best in the world.

Our first engagement was in 1991, in Calcutta, in front of 90,000 people. He made 62. And it was blatantly clear then that he was going to be a player to remember.

Before I played against him I was always looking forward to having a crack. Then I realised just what I was up against. When someone like Tendulkar walks to the crease, you have to know what you are going to do. You can't just run up and bowl. You have to have planned your attack, your line, a week in advance.

Everything about him is just so exceptional. He is wonderful technically and he has everything - class, speed, all the shots, and he is cool under pressure. Cricketers always talk about his amazing balance, even the Aussies. I've seen tapes of Sunil Gavaskar and if you split the screen between him and Tendulkar, they look virtually identical. I have never seen a man with such immaculate balance - it is freakish.

People go to a Test match just to watch Tendulkar. I, for one, would rather watch him than bowl against him. Actually, I'm glad I'll never have to bowl to him in a Test match again, though I've been quite successful against him. He is No. 1 in my book - the best player I have ever had the privilege of bowling to. There's Steve Waugh and there's Brian Lara, who was wonderful in 1995, but Tendulkar is a class above, consistently special.

Your margin for error against him really is marginal. If you get him on a flat track, when he is, say, 50 not out off 24 balls, then you know that you have a very long day ahead and the situation can be very, very demoralising. The best knock I can remember him playing was at Newlands in 1997, when he was just unstoppable. We only got him thanks to a blinding catch by Adam Bacher off a hook shot, otherwise he would have gone on and on.

Under Hansie Cronje we studied hard for a Tendulkar weakness. We thought he might be vulnerable, especially early in his innings, to the ball that is bowled from wide of the crease, coming back in off a good length. He might then be bowled through the gate, or be lbw, especially on English wickets. We also tried peppering him with short balls - not many top-class batters like that - but it didn't really seem to bother him. The one thing that might rattle him is being restricted. He loves scoring, and scoring quickly, and if he is frustrated, sometimes he goes out and looks for the big shot.

I don't think he really gets rattled by sledging. Glenn McGrath tried it and Tendulkar just kept running at him and hitting him back over his head for four. I think that, like Steve Waugh, sledging just makes him more focused: I don't think it is a good idea to have a word.

The ball I bowled to him in Durban in 1996 was the best ball I have bowled to any cricketer. I think he hit the first two balls after lunch for four, then I came from wide of the crease and the ball really went a long way to bowl him. I don't think I've ever celebrated like that - you save those for the big ones. We had discussed how to bowl to him, and I knew what I was trying to do, but I never expected it to go so far off the seam to knock out the off stump. It was a great sight. That series was billed as the Donald-Tendulkar battle, but he got his own back at Cape Town with one of the best knocks I've ever seen.

Tendulkar is already a legend so I'm not sure how he'll be remembered - what comes after legend? He is still young and if he plays till he is 35 who knows what he'll achieve. He's the best in the world, one of the most magnificent players there's ever been. He's also a nice guy, a soft-hearted bloke who gives 110% and just loves playing cricket.

littlemaster1982
4th August 2010, 11:35 PM
[tscii:58406fca57]Sachin Tendulkar's all-round greatness means he will not be surpassed (http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2010/aug/04/sachin-tendulkar-india-cricket)

To understand what Sachin Tendulkar has meant to Indian cricket, it's necessary to look beyond his record-breaking 169th Test appearance, achieved yesterday in the series against Sri Lanka, and his batting heroics. Think instead of a man who has 198 wickets, 154 of them in one-day internationals, an individual who has never been less than fully involved out on the field despite having been around since the days when Mike Gatting was leading a rebel tour of South Africa.

Think back to a World Series game in Australia in December 1991. The West Indies were waning as a limited-overs force, but when they skittled India for 126 in Perth, few gave Mohammad Azharuddin's side a chance of salvaging anything from the game. But West Indies then fell apart themselves and it was left to Curtly Ambrose and Anderson Cummins to get them within range. Ambrose was run out, and Cummins and Patrick Patterson then levelled the scores with Azhar having turned to Tendulkar's medium pace as a last resort.

With the last ball of his only over, Tendulkar tempted Cummins to flash outside off stump. Azhar took a fine catch in the slips, and the game was tied. Two years later, the boy with the golden arm was at it again, this time in the Hero Cup semi-final against South Africa, a team who were coming into their own as a one-day powerhouse. Again it was Tendulkar that Azhar turned to, with six needed from the final over. He gave up just three, and went on to sneak one through Brian Lara's defence in a final where West Indies were routed.

In Tests, Tendulkar's partnership-breaking ability came to the fore in matches where he didn't contribute as heavily with the bat. In India's most cherished victory of all, at Eden Gardens in 2001, he made 10 in both innings. But facing a race against the clock to bowl Australia out on the final afternoon, it was his intervention after tea that effectively killed off Steve Waugh's hopes of clinging on to a series lead.

On a worn pitch and with the capacity crowd bellowing approval, he ripped the ball at near-right angles to supplement Harbhajan Singh's heroics at the other end. Adam Gilchrist, Matthew Hayden and Shane Warne all fell leg-before, unable to fathom the extent of turn as Tendulkar tossed up leg breaks, googlies and the odd quicker one.

More than two years later, at Adelaide, he made 1 in the first innings of a game made memorable by the batting of Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman, and some rare Ajit Agarkar moments in the Test-match sun. With Australia setting India a target on a surface where chasing has never been easy, Tendulkar made his mark when it mattered most, with Australia 142 ahead and having seven wickets in hand. Damien Martyn and Steve Waugh were undone in successive overs, both by prodigious turn and edges to Dravid at slip.

In Multan the following spring, he produced another Warne-like special to bowl Moin Khan through his legs to ruin Pakistan's hopes of saving the follow-on. India went on to win by an innings and 52 runs, and the dismissal buried some ghosts from the recent past. At Eden Gardens in 1999, Moin's gritty 70 had been pivotal as Pakistan recovered from 26 for six to win a Test match.

His last Test wicket came at Wellington in April 2009, and you have to go back a further 18 months and a game against Pakistan in Guwahati for his last ODI wickets. A shoulder that required surgery has been keenly felt on Asian pitches, where his spin and ability to wobble the ball off the seam gave his captains an option well worth checking out.

Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the current India captain, will console himself with the thought that the bowling decline has gone hand-in-hand with a batting resurgence. In seven Tests this year, Tendulkar averages more than 96, and has five centuries. Overall he is averaging 56.25 in Tests.

Back when he started playing, 20 Test centuries and 10 more in the one-day arena marked you out as one of the all-time greats. The benchmarks he has gone on to set in both forms of the game make a mockery of everyone else who has played in this era.

Consider this to put things into perspective – Andrew Flintoff is five years younger and his peak lasted six years, from the hundred against South Africa at Lord's in 2003 to the Ashes-winning encore of last summer. Tendulkar was scoring match-saving Test hundreds at Old Trafford when Flintoff was 12, and he'll play his sixth World Cup next spring, while Fred watches from the sidelines.

As Sharda Ugra, who has seen Tendulkar progress from prodigy to old hand, asked in Cricinfo: "Stretch the imagination 22 years ahead and see if you can pick any fresh Test stripling of today – Umar Akmal, Eoin Morgan, Steve Smith, Adrian Barath – to go past 170 Tests." You can't, can you? Few records in sport are safe, not Bob Beamon's, not Hank Aaron's and not even Jack Nicklaus's of 18 majors. But Tendulkar, like Bradman and his 99.94, will endure. No one else will even get close.[/tscii:58406fca57]

littlemaster1982
7th August 2010, 09:35 PM
A comment from a blog in Guardian.co.uk. Perfectly sums up what makes Sachin special. Thanks to the ICF member who posted this.

To give people an idea why he means so much to Indians is that India and Indians have never been good in any internationally recognized sport with the odd exception. Our hockey team was once good and we've had great chess players. But in the sports that most people follow we've never had anyone, until Tendulkar. For an Indian to be considered one of the best batsman ever, for one to be held in such high esteem by his contemporaries is what makes him special. Shane Warne still waxes lyrical about him. Flintoff said he's the best he's bowled to. Allan Donald said there's Waugh, Lara and then there's Tendulkar. Does he have weaknesses, yes? But name me a batsman that doesn't? It's his ability to play different styles, against different bowlers in different conditions that make him stand out. I've seen him hit a Warne bouncer for 4 where Gilchrist is laughing because he can't believe what's just happened. He's smashed quicks, medium pacers, spinners - you name it. Does that mean he's the best player against spin ever? Or the best player against pace ever? Who knows. I've not seen every batsman who's ever played. But he's the best player against all these types of bowling I've seen. He's got the widest range of shots I've ever seen. And it's not necessarily about match winning innings or hundreds. It's about making you think that this bloke can do something I can't even imagine. My favourite innings of his was a 76 he got in Mumbai against Warne, McGrath, Gillespie, Fleming. It was the match before the famous Kolkata one, the last of Australia's 16 in a row in 2001. India were all out for 176 in the 1st innings. I can't remember what the score was when Tendulkar was out but he must have made about 70% of the team's total at the time. His strokeplay was unbelievable to the point that Justin Langer said afterwards it was the closest to batting genius he's ever seen. Did India win? No. Did Tendulkar get a hundred? No Did McGrath eventually get him? Yes. But for 2 hours I was spellbound and it's the best batting from anyone I've ever seen - Lara, Richards, Ponting included.

VinodKumar's
18th August 2010, 12:27 AM
Sachin in Srilanka' 2010 !!!

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/5647/sachin1.jpg

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/6051/sachin2.jpg

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/6113/sachin3.jpg

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/311/sachin4.jpg

Master, enable pannurathuna pannikonga !!!

littlemaster1982
18th August 2010, 02:39 AM
[html:c8f7a78d97]http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/5647/sachin1.jpg[/html:c8f7a78d97]

[html:c8f7a78d97]http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/6051/sachin2.jpg[/html:c8f7a78d97]

[html:c8f7a78d97]http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/6113/sachin3.jpg[/html:c8f7a78d97]

[html:c8f7a78d97]http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/311/sachin4.jpg[/html:c8f7a78d97]

Thanks Vinod :D

Puliyan_Biryani
18th August 2010, 04:12 PM
Not to belittle the great man's acheivements or anything. But I recently read that he still hasn't scored 100 in both innings of a match.

It is not the benchmark of a great batsman. But would love to see him add that little feather as well to his overloaded cap.

And who better than the Aussies to do it against. :thumbsup:

Sourav
24th August 2010, 06:04 PM
Sachin shortlisted for ICC People's Choice Award
http://www.hindu.com/2010/08/24/stories/2010082453251900.htm

U can vote here!
http://icc-cricket.yahoo.net/events_and_awards/lg_icc_awards/people_choice_submit.php

ajithfederer
26th August 2010, 10:24 PM
Thanks to BCCI for scheduling the 4 match Test series against England. So all in all to stress it to the Limit a very important year and a half from now till the early 2012 for Tendulkar and Indian cricket. An away tour to SA, ODI World cup 2011, Eng tour and I am almost pretty sure that there will be a test tour to down under australia by the fag end of 2011. I would go up a notch higher and say this is the Most important phase of thalaivar's cricketing life.

IMO, We have three important test series wins to register. We have to win in SA and in Australia. We can never win hereafter if we cannot win with this team in South Africa. Yes I mean it. In Border-Gavaskar Trophy, we missed in 2003, We were robbed in 2007 and we need to clinch it this time in 2011. We have to beat the English and defend our crown next year in England and prove that 07 Test win wasn't a fluke. If we achieve all this I will be mighty happier.

Now back to Thalaivar, me and LM were discussing over in fb the other day. Sachin ain't young anymore and my dear fellow fans we may have to face the harsh truth sooner or later. Yes, I am talking about his retirement :). He is nearing the impenetrable 100 centuries barrier and if by a good TEAM performance we win next year's cup there are chances that he may call it a day. My personal wish is that he continues to play tests for another 2-3 years but we have to respect his decision if he takes one and welcome him with open arms. The man has given more than half his life already for cricket.

P.S: Thanks to Vinod for bringing the pictures and lm for enabling it. BTW, Yes I voted for ICC's people award and thanks to sourav for bringing it to notice here. Thanks to anybody who posted info on this thread over the month and a half.

littlemaster1982
27th August 2010, 06:33 AM
Welcome back, AF :D

Sourav
27th August 2010, 06:51 AM
WB Feddy! :D

VinodKumar's
27th August 2010, 08:34 AM
Welcome back Stan. Viradhathuku kaaranam ennavo :confused2:

ajithfederer
2nd September 2010, 04:24 AM
http://www.timesnow.tv/Cricket-should-head-in-right-direction-1/videoshow/4352830.cms

A 15 min video.

ajithfederer
2nd September 2010, 04:25 AM
[tscii:34978674fd]Three from Tendulkar

There's something about the passion Sachin inspires that makes cricket worth it

Tanya Aldred
November 27, 2009

Genius, strength of character, compassion, and a way with the ball © AFP

Oh Sachin, shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Thou are more lovely and...

Oh dear, there is something about Tendulkar that draws out the sixth-form poet in me, an instinct that should have been locked firmly away back in 1991. There's something about his genius and his strength of character and his compassion and his (now shorn) curls. Something about the way he hits the ball with such deliberation and power but yet such precision and grace. Something about the passion he inspires that makes cricket worth watching and writing about. So I know it's a little late, but here are the three Tendulkar moments that sing to me.

On an English spring day in 1999, India and Kenya travelled to the West Country for their World Cup group game. Indian supporters, in their blue shirts and with painted faces, filled Bristol with a sound to quite new to me, I'd never been to a game where British Asians made up most of the supporters. Then the noise crescendoed, as if someone had removed a mighty muffler: Tendulkar walked in. As he strode out it was 92 for 2; 101 balls later he flicked the last of the innings for six over midwicket. He made 140, and as he hammered and cut and drove the ball with a sort of mastery, he seemed in a different world. He probably was. Two days earlier he had been at his father's funeral in Mumbai. At the end, amid the celebrations, and with great dignity, he quietly dedicated his innings to Ramesh Tendulkar. Oh, and Rahul Dravid scored a century too - not that anyone seemed to notice. He'd get used to that.

Two years later I was on my first tour of India. The heat was rising in Ahmedabad and by mid-morning had drained the energy even from the fingertips. It was December and the dust kicked up from the road on the long ride to the ground and the cattle seemed to groan as they passed by. This third morning of the second Test between England and India, the scooter park was much fuller than it had been - Tendulkar had been two not out overnight - and grew yet more crowded as he progressed, as if each stroke belched another 200 vehicles into the yard. Tendulkar was regal, disdainful. Nasser Hussain, intense thinker that he was, tried to contain him with a version of leg-theory, but he swatted balls away from outside off stump and deposited them through the leg side without lowering himself to a this-is-easy smirk. I can still hear the crack of one shot off Matthew Hoggard and remember looking for it on the grass to find it had already crossed the boundary. The facilities for the crowd were basic verging on grotty, but you'd never have guessed it from the enthusiasm and the noise. It grew like a rapidly approaching herd of buffalo: Sa-chin, SA-CHIN, SACHIN-SACHIN, and sticks were beaten against railings in unison, and feet were stamped and sari-ed grandmothers looked ready to swoon. I'd never heard a noise like it, and never have since. He made 102, practically perfect, runs. And when he was out the ground emptied. But it didn't matter.

In August 2007, India were practising for the one-day internationals against England and I dragged my one-year-old and three-year-old to Old Trafford to see Tendulkar for themselves (I had made the assumption that he might be about to retire and this might be their one chance to see him. Hah.) We were too late for the nets but hovered around outside in the car park, in the sun, with about 30 other families waiting for the Indian team to make the 20-metre walk to the coach. The players pottered out in dribs and drabs and the children were beginning to lose interest in the whole enterprise, when at last a short, sunglassed, cropped-haired fellow emerged. No, he didn't bend down and give them his autograph and a winning smile, but walked past briskly, shyly almost, and climbed aboard the coach as fathers pleaded desperately for his autograph. The children saw him for all of five seconds, but seemed pleased, and I felt I'd done my duty. Because unless he keeps going for another five years he will be nothing more to them than another old player in another old book. Which is a terrible thought. Although, Sachin, but thy eternal summer shall not fade. Oh damn...

Tanya Aldred lives in Manchester. She writes occasionally for the
Guardian

http://www.cricinfo.com/page2/content/story/436773.html[/tscii:34978674fd]

MADDY
3rd September 2010, 05:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/starnews?feature=mhum&ref=nf#p/a/u/0/nMqEpsf7lmE

Sachin Tendulkar honoured as Group Captain in Indian Air Force

Vivasaayi
3rd September 2010, 08:18 PM
[ but you'd never have guessed it from the enthusiasm and the noise. It grew like a rapidly approaching herd of buffalo: Sa-chin, SA-CHIN, SACHIN-SACHIN, and sticks were beaten against railings in unison, and feet were stamped and sari-ed grandmothers looked ready to swoon. I'd never heard a noise like it, and never have since. He made 102, practically perfect, runs. And when he was out the ground emptied. But it didn't matter.

[/tscii]

We are blessed..WE ARE BLESSED to have known and experienced that feel.

when he enters the ground, when he hits his fist boundary, when hits that six,when he hits a century...adhu oru thani feel!

ajithfederer
3rd September 2010, 09:01 PM
Sachin becomes Group Captain in IAF

Sachin Tendulkar interacts with media after receiving an honourary rank of Indian Air Force Group Captain at a function in New Delhi on Friday.

Photo: Shanker Chakravarty

Sachin Tendulkar was on Friday conferred with the Indian Air Forces honorary rank of Group Captain to honour his cricketing achievements and contribution to the nation.

Tendulkar is the first sportsperson to be conferred a rank by IAF and the first personality with no aviation background to receive the honour.

In 2008, Kapil Dev had received the honorary rank of Lieutenant Colonel of the Territorial Army.

Tendulkar was inducted into the Air Force as its brand ambassador with IAF chief Air Chief Marshal P V Naik doing the honours in a glittering ceremony at the Air Force auditorium here.

It's a great pleasure and honour to be honoured by IAF. It was wishful thinking and it has come true today. Im extremely proud to be a part of IAF. I want to urge the youth to join Air Force and serve the nation. So dream, because dreams do come true, Tendulkar said after receiving the honour.

Earlier, President Pratibha Patil had conferred the honorary rank of the IAF on the iconic batsman on June 23 this year.

The rank was conferred on Tendulkar under the provision of granting honorary rank by Armed Forces to eminent personalities acknowledging their contribution towards the nation.

The IAF had, in January this year, mooted a proposal to confer the honorary rank of Group Captain on Tendulkar.

IAF feels that besides the recognition, his association with it would motivate the younger generation to join the Air Force to serve the country.

Mr. Naik said the batting legends association with IAF will help in making the youth aware about the Air Force.

Youth admires him (Tendulkar). I think the youth will get inclined towards the Air Force. What youth will do in future we cant say but the indications that we are getting from school students ... we are hopeful.

To take corrective measures in reforming the IAF is my duty and Sachins association will help in spreading awareness (about the Air Force), Mr. Naik said.

Before being felicitated with the honorary rank, Sachin had gone through a process of familiarisation with the IAF and training in basic military practices and drills.

Keywords: IAF, Sachin Tendulkar

http://www.thehindu.com/news/article611671.ece?homepage=true

LM, Please upload the pic in this link.

ajithfederer
3rd September 2010, 09:06 PM
Thanks Maddy for the video. Sir looks super smart in his Air force Uniform. :shock: :clap:.

http://www.youtube.com/user/starnews?feature=mhum&ref=nf#p/a/u/0/nMqEpsf7lmE

Sachin Tendulkar honoured as Group Captain in Indian Air Force

ajithfederer
3rd September 2010, 09:59 PM
http://www.ndtv.com/news/photos/album-details.php?id=8097&Album=PHOTO_GALLERY&AlbumTitle=Group+Captain+Sachin+Tendulkar

LM/PR please enable all the images in this link to this thread.

sathya_1979
4th September 2010, 07:03 AM
http://cricket.rediff.com/report/2010/sep/03/sachin-tendulkar-bats-for-india-young-brigade.htm
Deivame, pOdhum Deivame. Poosaarikku maNi adikka thereelannaa accept senjudhaan aagaNum.

sathya_1979
4th September 2010, 05:40 PM
Sachin's speech during the IAF Honor award! Already flew in a fighter jet in SA during 1996. Now he will be flying in SU-30 :shocked2: :clap: paathu pOnga saar!

sathya_1979
4th September 2010, 08:44 PM
விமானப்படை "வீரரானார்' சச்சின் : சரித்திர நாயகனுக்கு இன்னொரு மணிமகுடம்
From Dinamalar today!

idhe Dinamalar posted an article titled "Get-Out Sachin" when he was going thru a bad patch circa 2006-07. How times have changed? That's Sachin!

ajithfederer
7th September 2010, 08:11 PM
get India today weekly this issue . .
Well this is to inform all Tendulkar lovers ..that a special magazine has come with the current issue of India Today Magazine ...dated September 13th go and get the collector's edition

http://www.orkut.com/Main#CommMsgs?cmm=23803&tid=5514045693728739481

Bala (Karthik)
7th September 2010, 08:38 PM
Eppadi vaangaren nu mattum paarunga. Hope i get it here...

Plum
7th September 2010, 08:43 PM
idhellAm andha padhavikku perumai.

I think people like Sachin are given these honours to enhance the value of such honours and make it an attractive option for youngsters. idhai pArthu oru nAlu iLaignargaL group captain AgaNumnu Asai paduvAnganu edhirpArppu irukumnu nenaikkarEn.

littlemaster1982
9th September 2010, 08:54 PM
[html:1faedbe7c5]http://www.thehindu.com/multimedia/dynamic/00174/Sachin_174828e.jpg[/html:1faedbe7c5]

[html:1faedbe7c5]http://drop.ndtv.com/albums/SPORTS/sachingroupcapt/1a.jpg[/html:1faedbe7c5]

[html:1faedbe7c5]http://drop.ndtv.com/albums/SPORTS/sachingroupcapt/2a.jpg[/html:1faedbe7c5]

[html:1faedbe7c5]http://drop.ndtv.com/albums/SPORTS/sachingroupcapt/3a.jpg[/html:1faedbe7c5]

[html:1faedbe7c5]http://drop.ndtv.com/albums/SPORTS/sachingroupcapt/4a.jpg[/html:1faedbe7c5]

[html:1faedbe7c5]http://drop.ndtv.com/albums/SPORTS/sachingroupcapt/5a.jpg[/html:1faedbe7c5]

[html:1faedbe7c5]http://drop.ndtv.com/albums/SPORTS/sachingroupcapt/6.jpg[/html:1faedbe7c5]

[html:1faedbe7c5]http://drop.ndtv.com/albums/SPORTS/sachingroupcapt/7.jpg[/html:1faedbe7c5]

littlemaster1982
9th September 2010, 08:56 PM
Sir looks super smart in his Air force Uniform. :shock: :clap:.

:yes: :exactly:

Puliyan_Biryani
9th September 2010, 10:53 PM
Sachin's boyish smile :smile: . Some things never change do they.

Dhakshan
14th September 2010, 10:10 AM
Sachin Ramesh tendulkar :notworthy: for his current form and his evergreen status :P

ajithfederer
16th September 2010, 12:25 AM
http://www.orkut.com/Main#Profile?uid=9055534460580154795

http://www.orkut.com/Main#AlbumList?uid=9055534460580154795&rl=mo

1st link is the orkut profile of a guy named "Nayan Kurude".

2nd link is his album section which has 5,000+ sachin photos.

We can use this link for photo references and uploads in the future.

sathya_1979
17th September 2010, 07:08 PM
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/Story/111358/SPORT/our-sachin.html
:notworthy:
Our Sachin By Tanya Aldred, September 3, 2010, Updated 18:45 IST

Your Tendulkar, the real thing, is a subtly different creature from our Tendulkar. Your Tendulkar is worshipped and glorified. He is micro-examined and analysed. But he is also a technician, the straight man to the glorious freedom of VVS Laxman and Virender Sehwag. He is a commodity and he is a salesman. There is his face, on billboard, magazine, television, selling watches, mobile phones, biscuits, soft drinks and motorbikes.

But over here he is something more remote, perhaps a little more romantic. His face, still remarkably boyish with its cropped hair and dark eyes, appears on the back pages of the newspapers, and on the front of cricket magazines. And that is pretty much it. We know him, love him, for his fortitude, his 100s, his average, his niceness, his seeming lack of vanity and above all for his beautiful batting.

For years the pub conversation would be over who was the greater, Tendulkar or Brian Lara. Now Lara has disappeared but Tendulkar remains, soaring above the rest. We English have had no one like him, at least since Jack Hobbs. Of the nine English players who average over 50, only two of them started their careers after the Second World War: Ken Barrington and Jonathan Trott. And though they both have many fine qualities, they don't lift the soul in quite the same way.

It is the minutiae that fascinate. That Tendulkar married his teenage sweetheart, drives the streets of Mumbai late at night and visits the temple in the small hours, gives him a slightly sad glamour, probably completely out of kilter with reality. In fact Tendulkar's career has spanned the transformation of the Western view of India.
In 1989, India was still largely looked upon as a mystical, English-loving third-world former colony with lyrical commentaries from Salman Rushdie, nowit is up there with China, a soon to be gasguzzling giant, an Internet behemoth, a place that David Cameron has to placate during his first few months of power, a land that shouts its own successes and devises its own soaraway cricket competition in the IPL.

Tendulkar is two months and one day younger than me and three-and-a-half inches taller(if he is five foot five). Sadly, that is where any similarity ends. In November 1989, when he was making his Test debut, in Karachi, aged 16, I was struggling to summon up the courage to put up my hand in A level history. But I like to think I've kept a friendly eye on his career.

Though he made his debut Test century in Gooch's parched summer of 1990, wearing a pair of Sunil Gavaskar's pads and denying England a win at Old Trafford, and flamed amazement against Australia at Sydney and Perth in the winter of 1991-92, it wasn't until he came to Yorkshire the following summer, that he really hit the public consciousness.

The new recruit was photographed smiling gamely on one of his first days, wearing a checked flat cap and holding a pint of foaming bitter. He was Yorkshire's first overseas player. He was Yorkshire's first non-white player. He was also something of a superstar and the local press couldn't believe their luck.

There was a constant and rolling supply of rumours, including one that he was going to be sponsored by Tariq's-the late-night student curry house just a hop skip and a jump from Headingley. That never materialised, but the team were said to have grown fat on free curries from various establishments all season. One local restaurant even changed its named to Sachin's from April to September.

Although, he didn't dazzle, Tendulkar was looked on with real affection in Yorkshire by the staff, the fans and his teammates. At home, we followed his progress in the paper (back in the days when it still carried scorecards). He was said to love the freedom of being in England, to enjoy driving his club car through the streets and hills surrounding Leeds (though he asked to have the name taken off so he didn't get hassled by too many girls.)

In 2002 when he came back for the opening of the new East stand, he made a sweet speech. "I was only 19 when I came here and I didn't know what to expect, but I will alalways remember this as one of the greatest four-and-a-half months I've spent in my life."

By the 1996 World Cup, Tendulkar was in a different league. He was the leading run scorer, a constant and brilliant accumulator. Then that English summer, when arctic winds chilled the bones, Tendulkar batted beautifully. Though that tour is mostly remembered for Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid's double act at Lord's, Tendulkar made two Test 100s, at Edgbaston and at Trent Bridge. His 100 on the third afternoon at Birmingham as all collapsed around him was acknowledged by Wisden to be one of "rare brilliance".

But wasn't until the World Cup summer of 1999 that I was able to see Tendulkar bat in the flesh. At Bristol, the day after returning from his father's funeral, he annihilated Kenya. His 50 came from 54 balls, 100 from 84 balls and the last ball of the innings was flicked over mid-wicket for six. The noise, from the Anglo-Indian fans, was like nothing I had ever heard. His timing, his wristiness, his grace-oh what joy!

Then in 2001, I came to India. There it all was, as people had told me, the sky, the shimmering lights of Mumbai against the sea, the trains, the saris, the wealth, the poverty, the chai-sellers, the firecrackers. And there was Tendulkar, everywhere. Armed guards sat on the hotel floor where he slept, bodyguards kept the public away. He stood in the nets at the lovelystadium of Chandigarh, in the early morning cool, tiny but utterly self-possessed, seemingly unseeing of the crowds crammed against the wires.

Out in the middle, he was breathtaking, conducting ball to boundary with a whip and a bang. He made 88 at Mohali, and on the third day at dusty Ahmedabad, toyed with Nasser Hussain's leg theory as balls disappeared from outside the off stump, through the leg side to the boundary. He made 103 glorious, Sa-chin, Sa-chin, railing-banging runs, and then he was out. And the ground, and the scooter park behind it, emptied, as if somebody had pulled out the plug. At Bangalore, he was tamed by the tactics of Flintoff and Giles, but still made 90. It had been beautiful.

Five-and-a-half years later, in the summer of 2007, I dragged my young children to Old Trafford to see the Indians practising, because I thought it might be their only chance to see him in the flesh before he retired. We were too late to glimpse him in the nets but suddenly, just as the shadows became long, he emerged. We saw his light-footed and sunglass wearing, walk from the glass doors of the Old Trafford entrance hall, to the team coach. Could you perceive greatness in those 15 steps? I thought you could

ajithfederer
18th September 2010, 11:47 PM
Sachin Tendulkar will bat against noisy Diwali

This Diwali, master blaster Sachin Tendulkar will appeal to school children to refrain from spending money on fire crackers and limit noise and air pollution during the festive season. He will be assisted by film actor Nana Patekar, world-renowned scientist Jayant Narlikar, social-activist Dr Prakash Amte and planning commission member Dr Narendra Jadhav.

This campaign by Harit Sena, a joint initiative of the social forestry department and Maharashtra Andhashradha Nirmulan Samiti (Mans) will send letters signed from these personalities to more than 8,500 schools in the state, appealing to them to stop using fire-crackers for a greener environment.

“Every year, around Rs500 crore is spent on firecrackers, which leads to massive pollution. Sachin and Nana are admired by children, and if they appeal to them it can lead to change,” said Sushila Munde, state conveyor of Mans.

The campaign will urge students and parents to fill up a form asking the student to save a certain amount by not buying crackers. The posters, signed by Sachin and others, will be distributed in schools after the Ganesh festival. The samiti estimates that it will be able to save Rs20 crore from being spent on crackers this year.

The 8,500 schools Harit Sena will approach comprise more than four lakh students. “We will ask the students to use this money for buying books, toys and sweets instead. They can even use it to donate essential items to the poor people,” said Munde.

Sachin was earlier seen in advertisements of the BMC, in which he campaigned to save water.

He had said that he had stopped using the shower since it wastes valuable water.

Source : http://www.sachinist.com/news/1-news/291-sachin-tendulkar-will-bat-against-noisy-diwali.html

[tscii:2221be4d84][/tscii:2221be4d84]

ajithfederer
20th September 2010, 08:56 AM
Cricket's most frequent team-mates

Pairs of players who've been team-mates in the most Tests and ODIs and had the best success rates

Travis Basevi and George Binoy

September 15, 2010

Which cricketers have been team-mates most often? It used to be Kapil Dev and Dilip Vengsarkar, who played 104 matches with each other. They were overtaken by the Waugh twins, who had featured in 108 Tests together by 2002. Since then, however, several pairs have passed Mark and Steve, and the present leaders are Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid, who've been team-mates in 127 Tests for India.

Dravid and Tendulkar have also played more than 100 matches with each of India's Test mainstays - Sourav Ganguly, Anil Kumble and VVS Laxman - during the 1990s and 2000s. The pair with the best record among them is Tendulkar and Kumble, who won 40 and lost 31 out of their 122 Tests together. Their win-loss ratio of 1.29, however, pales in comparison to those of pairs that played in more successful Test sides. Australia, for instance, won 71 of the 104 Tests Glenn McGrath and Shane Warne played together. They lost only 16 and drew the remaining 17 games.

Had Viv Richards and Gordon Greenidge won one more Test together, they would have been the only pair to have played 100 Tests with a win-loss ratio of more than 5.00. As it stands, they played together in 99 games, of which West Indies won 56 and lost 11.

The Indians, however, continue to rule tables with the most matches for three or more players. Only two sets of three players have appeared in 100 Tests together. Tendulkar, Dravid and Ganguly are No. 1 with 103 but Tendulkar, Dravid and Laxman, presently on 100, are likely to overtake them before 2010 ends.

http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/477078.html

As usual cricinfo rocks with their database.

[tscii:b188212048][/tscii:b188212048]

Sourav
20th September 2010, 08:14 PM
Tendulkar, Sehwag shortlisted for top ICC awards

http://cricket.rediff.com/report/2010/sep/20/sachin-tendulkar-sehwag-shortlisted-for-icc-award.htm

ajithfederer
20th September 2010, 09:47 PM
Two more 100's Needed for 50 Centuries in Test Cricket. Camaan Tendulkar :2thumbsup:. Australia Series 8-).

http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/35320.html

littlemaster1982
20th September 2010, 11:06 PM
Tendulkar in all major categories for ICC awards

Sachin Tendulkar leads the nominations for the seventh ICC awards as the only cricketer to have been short-listed in all the three major categories. India opener Virender Sehwag, South Africa's middle-order batsman Hashim Amla and England offspinner Graeme Swann are the other names in the marquee Cricketer of the Year shortlist.

Amla and Sehwag were also nominated for the Test cricketer of the Year award, along with South Africa seamer Dale Steyn. Two Australians - seamer Ryan Harris and allrounder Shane Watson - and South Africa's middle-order batsman AB de Villiers completed the shortlist for the ODI award, along with Tendulkar.

Tendulkar was in prolific form during the assessment period - August 24 2009 to August 10 2010 - scoring 1064 runs in 10 Tests, and 914 runs in 17 ODIs, including the first double-century in the history of the format.

Sehwag's inclusion in the Test category came as no surprise after a year during which he topped the run-charts, apart from scoring his runs at an exceptional strike-rate of 97.34.

Ricky Ponting, the Australia captain who was the top ODI run-scorer during the assessment period, was dropped from both the Player of the Year and ODI longlists. de Villiers, who topped the ODI averages among players who scored above 700 runs, had four centuries in the 12-month period - second only to Sri Lanka's Tillakaratne Dilshan, who scored five. Swann was a late inclusion to the initial longlist after the ICC overlooked him when they first released the list of contenders for the awards.

Sri Lanka's Mahela Jayawardene won two Twenty20 nominations for his knocks against Zimbabwe and West Indies in the World Twenty20, while Brendon McCullum and Michael Hussey were also shortlisted for batting performances. South Africa seamer Ryan McLaren was the only bowler to figure in the list of five.

This year's awards ceremony, which will be hosted in Bangalore on October 6, comprise nine individual prizes and three team awards. For the first time, a "people's choice award" that will be decided by online fan votes has been included. The shortlists were nominated by an independent 25-person academy comprising a host of former players, members of the media, and representatives of the elite panel of umpires and match referees.

The shortlists

Cricketer of the Year: Hashim Amla, Virender Sehwag, Graeme Swann and Sachin Tendulkar

Test Player of the Year: Hashim Amla, Virender Sehwag, Dale Steyn and Sachin Tendulkar

ODI Player of the Year: Ryan Harris, Sachin Tendulkar , AB de Villiers, Shane Watson

Emerging Player of the Year: Umar Akmal, Steven Finn, Angelo Mathews and Tim Paine

Associate and Affiliate Player of the Year: Ryan ten Doeschate (Netherlands), Trent Johnson (Ireland), Kevin O'Brien (Ireland) and Mohammed Shahzad (Afghanistan)

Twenty20 International Performance of the Year: Michael Hussey 60* v Pakistan, Mahela Jayawardene 100 v Zimbabwe, Mahela Jayawardene 98* v West Indies, Ryan McLaren 5-19 v West Indies and Brendon McCullum 116* v Australia.

Women's Cricketer of the Year: Katherine Brunt (England), Shelley Nitschke (Australia), Ellyse Perry (Australia) and Stafanie Taylor (West Indies)

Umpire of the Year: Aleem Dar, Steve Davis, Tony Hill and Simon Taufel

Spirit of Cricket: India, New Zealand, Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe

Members of the voting academy

Former players: Ian Healy, Moin Khan, Athar Ali Khan, Shaun Pollock, Bob Willis, Sidath Wettimuny, Kris Srikkanth, Ian Bishop, Jeremy Coney, Mpumelelo Mbangwa and Roland Lefebvre

Media: Jim Maxwell (Australia), Osman Samiuddin (Pakistan), Sayeed Uzzaman (Bangladesh), Neil Manthorp (South Africa), Mike Selvey (England), Ramil Abeynaike (Sri Lanka), Sharda Ugra (India), Fazeer Mohammed (West India), Richard Boock (New Zealand), Enock Muchinjo (Zimbabwe) and Ian Callender (Associate Representative)

Elite panel of ICC referees representative: Roshan Mahanama

Elite panel of ICC umpires representative: Rudi Koertzen

Chairman of ICC cricket committee: Clive Lloyd

Plum
21st September 2010, 11:04 AM
Looking at the panel Sachinku vAippugaL romba kammi.

Amla will get atleast one of the 2 awards he is nominated for.
IMO, Sachin should be given all 3. This time, the records for the year are also in favour apart from his natural superiority in stature.

I think ODI player for the year is a lock for SRT.

I fear they might share the other 2 between Amla and Sehwag. minji minji pOnA, Sehwag-ku oru Appu kuduthuttu, they'll give test player award to Amla, and overall award to SRT.

Sourav
21st September 2010, 11:14 AM
Looking at the panel Sachinku vAippugaL romba kammi.

Amla will get atleast one of the 2 awards he is nominated for.
IMO, Sachin should be given all 3. This time, the records for the year are also in favour apart from his natural superiority in stature.

I think ODI player for the year is a lock for SRT.

I fear they might share the other 2 between Amla and Sehwag. minji minji pOnA, Sehwag-ku oru Appu kuduthuttu, they'll give test player award to Amla, and overall award to SRT.
test award viru-ku than... confirmedd.nga,,, amla-ku ellam aaruthal parisu vena tharalaam... sachin will get ppl's choice, odi and cricketer awards i guess...

ajithfederer
24th September 2010, 12:13 AM
The Heart Goes on : Steve Waugh

I have often been asked whether I knew Sachin Tendulkar was destined for his remarkable run in world cricket-a run that is punctuated with records, some coming in the 22nd year of his international cricket-when I first saw him play. It is always hard to spot exceptional talent in a youngster, but when I first saw Sachin, I knew I was watching a special player.

He was batting at the WACA, Perth, on a pitch that in those days was a fast bowler's paradise. Australians found it tough going at Perth and here was an Indian teenager, on his first tour to Australia, batting with great composure and exceptional ease to score one of his finest centuries. The signs of a special talent were clear for the world to see and I knew Sachin would make a mark on cricket.

Today,two decades later, there is still plenty of fuel left in Tendulkar and it is fascinating to see his hunger for success and the discipline to remain fit and focused at this level. From the point of view of a contemporary, I find it amazing that he has remained the key wicket that the opposition prizes for more than two decades. It's one thing to be around for that but quite another thing to remain the linchpin of the team right through that period.

It was in the early 1990s that the Indian fans really started to warm to Sachin's talent and persona. The decade saw Sachin develop from a promising youngster into one who values his talent and is willing to work hard to make the most of it. It's not always that exceptional talent translates into a great career, but Sachin had the temperament and the discipline to exploit that ability.

Right through the 1990s and even thereafter, Sachin has always kept some of his most brilliant knocks for Australia, and very often it was really a pressure cooker situation because you had an unstoppable cricketer as well as thousands of screaming fans to deal with. It was a cauldron, and you could see that Sachin would feed off the fans and the cheering and expectations would actually get him going.

As a captain you knew you had to get him out early and if you did not manage that, you were in for a hard time. There were a few plans we had for him, the one that comes in occasionally trapped him in front of the wicket and we often found him impatient if he were kept away from the strike for long. These tactics worked at times, but very often they did not. I remember seeing him scoring at century that is known as the 'sandstorm knock' in Sharjah.

Australia won the game, but if in the change room after the match, you would have thought we were the losing side. I voiced my concern about Sachin's form and Allan Border consoled us saying that it would be impossible for him to bat that well in the finals and that Sachin in fact was due for a failure. Sachin famously scored another century, this time on his 25th birthday to seal the trophy for India. At that point common opinion was that Sachin could not get much better than this.

It's hard to say what motivates a player, and when a career spans two decades, the targets must have shifted often and the desire to raise the bar must manifest itself in various ways. Who would have predicted that Sachin would breach the 200 mark in ODIs in his 22nd year? Today he has gone past my 169 Tests and I think he looks good to cross 200 as far as Tests go as well. Perhaps the 200-Test mark is the motivation that is taking Sachin through the training sessions, the travel and the hard yards that might make a player feel jaded after two demanding decades.

Today, we are looking at at least two more years of Sachin Tendulkar. However, it was not always this way. He had a bit of a dip a few years ago, but he emerged from that 12-month slump with greater determination to prove that there some fire in the belly. In fact, my last Test was a significant one for Sachin as well. It was the Sydney Test from when we saw a new, cautious, more accumulative batsman take over from his earlier, free-flowing avatar. He had been struggling through that series, and this when the rest of the Indians were actually scoring a lot of runs.

Sachin reassessed his game and cut off his off-drive which forced the bowlers to bowl to him while he was content to play the waiting game. It seemed that he had decided that this was the role he wanted to play and this phase continued for many seasons. Again at the SCG in 2008 he played delightfully in the Test that ended in controversy. Few who saw him play would forget his effortless strokeplay, and the manner in which he put the bowlers away in the first innings.

Today, Sachin plays smart cricket, but he also seems to be enjoying himself. The body does give him reminders of the wear and tear it has been through, but he has gained in experience and knows his game well enough to adapt himself. He also seems content to preserve himself and does take a break every now and then. Significantly, he has opted out of the Twenty20 format even though he looks very good when he turns out for Mumbai.

There is a lot to remember Sachin by whenever he decides to call it a day. There are records that will stand the test of time and there will be some that are bound to be broken. For instance, who is to bet that Virender Sehwag will not score a triple century in onedayers! The game is shifting and reshaping itself all the time, and scores are going to get increasingly stratospheric.

However, the one record that he might have for himself is the one for Test appearances. I remember thinking 168 Tests would be a hard number to get past, but it has happened in six years. However, with the number of formats that have now come into the equation, it will be hard for a player to sustain himself for the number of years it takes to play 200 Tests.

I am assuming that that is the motivation that will keep the little master hungry for a couple of years more. For all you know it's the 100 centuries in Tests and one-dayers that is keeping Sachin hungry. His centuries are coming at a regular rate once again after a dip in 2005-2006. He is pulling away from the competition, and at 48 and still counting, he might have the record for himself for quite some time.

Every player has his own reasons for calling it a day. Shane Warne and Glenn McGrath wanted to sign off with an Ashes series. When I decided to retire, it seemed right to call it a day at Sydney against the Indians. I had made my debut against India in 1985 and it seemed like a cycle would be completed if I were to retire after playing against India. When I hung up my boots, I knew that the goals that would keep me hungry were no longer there.

It's clear that Sachin too has earned the right to decide his future on his terms. We are talking about a mature, fit and sensible cricketer who knows he has the desire to play on coupled with the ability to do well. I see the legend growing for at least two more years.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/Story/111357/the-heart-goes-on.html?complete=1

[tscii:eed2d75613][/tscii:eed2d75613]

ajithfederer
24th September 2010, 12:19 AM
Lot of records are awaiting sachin..
Lot of records are awaiting sachin.. if he has a good series against aussies

1) He can get two tons and cross the 50 ton mark
2) Become the highest scorer for the year surpassing trott
3) Can become the first player to reach 1000 runs for this year
4) Can overtake Lara's runs against aussies in test
5) Can reach the 3000 runs mark against aussies if he has an exceptional series
6) If he gets the twin centuries he will equal the record of sir jack hobbs for the maximum number of centuries against aussies.
7) he can cross the 14k mark and be the first to do so.
8) In the ODI series if he plays all the three matches he will become the most capped player.. and with Jaya permanently out of the SL Team.. this record will stay with sachin forever
9) If he scores a century against aus in the ODIs, he will become the only player to score 10 centuries against opposition in ODIs.

http://www.orkut.com/Main#CommMsgs?cmm=23803&tid=5519456055428194214&na=1&nst=1

ajithfederer
24th September 2010, 12:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz8h0Tv8Z0A

Sachin being honored with Air Force Rank. Longer video.

littlemaster1982
24th September 2010, 08:17 AM
Lot of records are awaiting sachin..
Lot of records are awaiting sachin.. if he has a good series against aussies

1) He can get two tons and cross the 50 ton mark
2) Become the highest scorer for the year surpassing trott
3) Can become the first player to reach 1000 runs for this year
4) Can overtake Lara's runs against aussies in test
5) Can reach the 3000 runs mark against aussies if he has an exceptional series
6) If he gets the twin centuries he will equal the record of sir jack hobbs for the maximum number of centuries against aussies.
7) he can cross the 14k mark and be the first to do so.
8) In the ODI series if he plays all the three matches he will become the most capped player.. and with Jaya permanently out of the SL Team.. this record will stay with sachin forever
9) If he scores a century against aus in the ODIs, he will become the only player to score 10 centuries against opposition in ODIs.

http://www.orkut.com/Main#CommMsgs?cmm=23803&tid=5519456055428194214&na=1&nst=1

I'm sure the poster would have missed another one or two records. Thalaivar ninna record, nadandha record 8-)

littlemaster1982
27th September 2010, 10:14 AM
A genius and a gentleman (http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/Story/111354/a-genius-and-a-gentleman.html)

John Wright

If around 1990, I'd been asked how long this 16-year-old Indian touring New Zealand would survive in international cricket, I wouldn't have come close. No matter how good the kid looked, you didn't think in terms of a 20 years.

When Sachin came to New Zealand in 1990 we had heard about this bright, young batsman. When we saw him, his talent and approach were obvious. He looked younger than he was, but he walked to the wicket like he meant it, meant the business. There was, even then, nothing excess in his game. When you can see someone's game and it will tell you about what they can do. A brilliant bat tells you he can reel off the flashy strokes but he doesn't tell you immediately if he is going to be an opponent, a real competitor.

Longevity in cricket is a hard thing to predict and it's an even harder thing to achieve. You need be physically resilient and have a love for the game. It sounds simple but it is very hard work and it is what Sachin has done.

By 1990, I'd played a lot of cricket and he was just starting out. Sachin had a quiet first Test in Christchurch but in Napier, gave us a long good look at himself and in terms of his skill, he was the real deal. Every time some young talent came through you wanted to see what they were all about. To see maybe what the future looked like. With Sachin, there were two things that caught your eye.

He had great balance and had the time to play his shots. You saw one shot of brilliance, that for normal batsmen would not be their first shot of selection. His late cut comes to mind, and it was like something rang in your head like being woken by your alarm and you knew you were watching someone special. He played these lovely shots and but there were no frills in his cricket.

I remember the innings of 88 he played in Napier, not because I took a catch but about one I dropped. A sitter from Azharuddin, that my grandmother would have caught while knitting. Azza was then given not out to one I thought he'd gloved to leg gully and I was angry with myself. In the middle of all this the16-year-old was knocking us around, and I went up to umpire Steve Woodward and told him that he'd given Azza an extra round. To which, Woodward said, "John, yours was easier than mine!"

Sachin wouldn't remember all that, I don't think. The only thing about thatmatch he would remember is falling 12 short of being the youngest Test centurion. He was shy then and we didn't get a chance to exchange much other than handshakes. But in 1998-99 when he toured New Zealand, he had become something of a star and I was struck by his humility when he signed an autograph for my young son Harry.

He carried himself with a lot of grace and dignity. Just how much I realised only later when coaching with India. We went to an Adidas store in Chennai and a huge crowd of what looked a thousand people gathered outside in no time at all because Sachin was there. We had to actually escape from a back entrance.

Apart from things like that-which happened often, and they threw me off but he always managed to stay calm-coaching Sachin was about watching closely and asking questions.

He has the best balance of any player I have ever seen. I got enjoyment out of watching him play a forward defensive shot of complete poise and control. He makes batting, which can be quite tough to master and improve, look simple. On times when I thought maybe his head wasn't quite as still as it could be, Iwould ask him howhe felt about his batting.

If he said he felt great, you just left your observation alone for a while. If however he said, 'oh I don't feel that good', then you'd ask, do you think you were really balanced out there, how's the head you think? He was in many ways his own coach, and he had his brother who knew his game inside out.

For the rest of it, he was just a young man with an enormous love of his game and gave it complete respect both in preparation and in practice. He worked at it, not like one of the contemporary greats of the game which is who he was, but like a student. I knew he was upset in Multan after that declaration and it was understandable but he got over it almost that very night.

He was never late for the bus, for practice, for meetings. On one day he knew he was going to be, so he came up to me and said there was something that had to be attended. I just thought that's why he was who he was. I wish a lot of lesser players could learn from his thoughtfulness and the respect he showed, not just for me as the coach but for his cricket, what we were all trying to to, what we were all trying to be part of.

He was a very tough but fair competitor and he had great humanity. In 2003, we were in New Zealand on what was a horrible tour for the team. For me, it was worse because I had taken the team I coached back to my home country and we weren't playing likewe could. It was an awful time to be honest. By the time we came to Queenstown, I was feeling particularly beat-up.

Sachin was living in the room next to mine, and one evening he came over with a bottle of wine and tried to make me feel better. We just talked about how the tour had gone and how the team knew that it would have been a very bitter pill to swallow. Well, my face certainly showed that evening and at the time I appreciated his thoughtfulness.

Sachin and I have always had some interesting conversations about batting and I remember one in Sydney 2003-04 along with his wife Anjali. Sachin had not got a big score on the tour by his standards and Sydney was to be the last test. Eventually he made a plan that he would not play the backfoot drive squarish through the off-side until he really got in. He then got 241 not out without a cover drive. Some pundits called it scratchy, and grumbled that he was not the same Tendulkar and I thought that was rubbish.

That innings was not about showing off his repertoire for a couple of hours to keep the crowd happy, that was just another piece of Tendulkar genius, of being able to control the mental side of his game and the big runs. I lost count of the number of times commentators and the like used to say he's on the wane, he's not same player he was. To them Iwanted to say, "just look in the scorebook". Today I want to ask them, he's been a long time waning, hasn't he?

Given his huge popularity, Sachin could have taken on the superstar life but he just loved the game and he was determined to succeed. This determination really doesn't get talked about by writers and commentators. Sometimes he could go into himself, which may look like aloofness at a distance, but I always thought it was something that came from who he was. Or maybe something it was someone he needed to be because of his life. This genuine genius of a performer at the crease was actually just a normal man who strangely enough couldn't walk down the street outside his home.

One of the people in cricket Sachin reminds me of most is Shane Warne. They come from two different parts of the world, one of them's a batsman, the other a bowler, one man smokes and the other doesn't and let's not even gointo the difference in the kind of headlines they generate. What brings them together, though, and actually makes them friends is complete understanding and control over their craft. Theirs is a highly developed and matured skill, which you don't find everywhere and which comes once in a few generations and in time to come whenever the game is talked about they will be forever remembered.

After Sachin got a big score a few years ago, and it may have been a 200 against Zimbabwe, I did bring up the figure of a 100 hundreds. It wasn't about sowing a seed, I just thought back then, that he could do it if he wanted to. He's close now and I'm keeping count. Getting to that milestone would put Sachin alongside Bradman who really rated him.

A hundred hundreds would be a number like Bradman's famous average, a record that only a history-maker could set. Normally you would have thought there was Bradman and the rest. Now I think, Sachin comes somewhere in between Bradman and the rest. History may put them very close, maybe on the same shelf.

littlemaster1982
27th September 2010, 10:35 AM
The heart goes on (http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/Story/111357/the-heart-goes-on.html?complete=1)

Steve Waugh

I have often been asked whether I knew Sachin Tendulkar was destined for his remarkable run in world cricket-a run that is punctuated with records, some coming in the 22nd year of his international cricket-when I first saw him play. It is always hard to spot exceptional talent in a youngster, but when I first saw Sachin, I knew I was watching a special player.

He was batting at the WACA, Perth, on a pitch that in those days was a fast bowler's paradise. Australians found it tough going at Perth and here was an Indian teenager, on his first tour to Australia, batting with great composure and exceptional ease to score one of his finest centuries. The signs of a special talent were clear for the world to see and I knew Sachin would make a mark on cricket.

Today,twodecades later, there is still plenty of fuel left in Tendulkar and it is fascinating to see his hunger for success and the discipline to remain fit and focused at this level. From the point of view of a contemporary, I find it amazing that he has remained the key wicket that the opposition prizes for more than two decades. It's one thing to be around for that but quite another thing to remain the linchpin of the team right through that period.

It was in the early 1990s that the Indian fans really started to warm to Sachin's talent and persona. The decade saw Sachin develop from a promising youngster into one who values his talent and is willing to work hard to make the most of it. It's not always that exceptional talent translates into a great career, but Sachin had the temperament and the discipline to exploit that ability.

Right through the 1990s and even thereafter, Sachin has always kept some of his most brilliant knocks for Australia, and very often it was really a pressure cooker situation because you had an unstoppable cricketer as well as thousands of screaming fans to deal with. It was a cauldron, and you could see that Sachin would feed off the fans and the cheering and expectations would actually get him going.

As a captain you knew you had to get him out early and if you did not manage that, you were in for a hard time. There were a few plans we had for him, the one that comes in occasionally trapped him in front of the wicket and we often found him impatient if he were kept away from the strike for long. These tactics worked at times, but very often they did not. I remember seeing him scoring at century that is known as the 'sandstorm knock' in Sharjah.

Australia won the game, but if in the change room after the match, you would have thought we were the losing side. I voiced my concern about Sachin's form and Allan Border consoled us saying that it would be impossible for him to bat that well in the finals and that Sachin in fact was due for a failure. Sachin famously scored another century, this time on his 25th birthday to seal the trophy for India. At that point common opinion was that Sachin could not get much better than this.

It's hard to say what motivates a player, and when a career spans two decades, the targets must have shifted often and the desire to raise the bar must manifest itself in various ways. Who would have predicted that Sachin would breach the 200 mark in ODIs in his 22nd year? Today he has gone past my 169 Tests and I think he looks good to cross 200 as far as Tests go as well. Perhaps the 200-Test mark is the motivation that is taking Sachin through the training sessions, the travel and the hard yards that might make a player feel jaded after two demanding decades.

Today, we are looking at at least two more years of Sachin Tendulkar. However, it was not always this way. He had a bit of a dip a few years ago, but he emerged from that 12-month slump with greater determination to prove that there some fire in the belly. In fact, my last Test was a significant one for Sachin as well. It was the Sydney Test from when we saw a new, cautious, more accumulative batsman take over from his earlier, free-flowing avatar. He had been struggling through that series, and this when the rest of the Indians were actually scoring a lot of runs.

Sachin reassessed his game and cut off his off-drive which forced the bowlers to bowl to him while he was content to play the waiting game. It seemed that he had decided that this was the role he wanted to play and this phase continued for many seasons. Again at the SCG in 2008 he played delightfully in the Test that ended in controversy. Few who saw him play would forget his effortless strokeplay, and the manner in which he put the bowlers away in the first innings.

Today, Sachin plays smart cricket, but he also seems to be enjoying himself. The body does give him reminders of the wear and tear it has been through, but he has gained in experience and knows his game well enough to adapt himself. He also seems content to preserve himself and does take a break every now and then. Significantly, he has opted out of the Twenty20 format even though he looks very good when he turns out for Mumbai.

There is a lot to remember Sachin by whenever he decides to call it a day. There are records that will stand the test of time and there will be some that are bound to be broken. For instance, who is to bet that Virender Sehwag will not score a triple century in onedayers! The game is shifting and reshaping itself all the time, and scores are going to get increasingly stratospheric.

However, the one record that he might have for himself is the one for Test appearances. I remember thinking 168 Tests would be a hard number to get past, but it has happened in six years. However, with the number of formats that have now come into the equation, it will be hard for a player to sustain himself for the number of years it takes to play 200 Tests.

I am assuming that that is the motivation that will keep the little master hungry for a couple of years more. For all you know it's the 100 centuries in Tests and one-dayers that is keeping Sachin hungry. His centuries are coming at a regular rate once again after a dip in 2005-2006. He is pulling away from the competition, and at 48 and still counting, he might have the record for himself for quite some time.

Every player has his own reasons for calling it a day. Shane Warne and Glenn McGrath wanted to sign off with an Ashes series. When I decided to retire, it seemed right to call it a day at Sydney against the Indians. I had made my debut against India in 1985 and it seemed like a cycle would be completed if I were to retire after playing against India. When I hung up my boots, I knew that the goals that would keep me hungry were no longer there.

It's clear that Sachin too has earned the right to decide his future on his terms. We are talking about a mature, fit and sensible cricketer who knows he has the desire to play on coupled with the ability to do well. I see the legend growing for at least two more years.

ajithfederer
27th September 2010, 10:29 PM
Sachin Tendulkar - people are falling in love with him all over again. You are about the same age. Is he an inspiration for you?
Over the last 12 months, Sachin's been playing exceptionally well. He seems to be the batsman everybody seems to be chasing. He is the key wicket - if we get him, there is a good chance to win the game.

There was a time when people used to think that Ponting would catch Sachin in terms of runs, but do you now think that he has widened that gap a bit?
He is in his 40s, I am on 39 [centuries]. I am in the best of shape. Honestly, it feels like some of my best batting is just round the corner.

I have worked really hard in the gym over the last four or five years to make sure of my fitness. One thing I have been working really hard on is to get that pull shot back on the way it was before.

Ricky Thomas Ponting on Tendulkar in his interview to cricinfo. (http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/478773.html)

Plum
28th September 2010, 07:25 AM
Well, I feel the same. Ponting's on course for a revival and that"ll give western press the ammunition to position him alongside ten and brian :(

Look at his confidence - asked about tendulkar, he is talking more about himself and how he'll revive his best batting days.

And to boot, a weak, out of form/injury recovering indian bowling attack, a toothless durby and a as-usual-come-spank-my-a*** english bowling on ricky's fav aus pitches to follow.

Pricky's all set to overtake ten sooner or later

tamizharasan
28th September 2010, 09:09 PM
Well, I feel the same. Ponting's on course for a revival and that"ll give western press the ammunition to position him alongside ten and brian :(

Look at his confidence - asked about tendulkar, he is talking more about himself and how he'll revive his best batting days.

And to boot, a weak, out of form/injury recovering indian bowling attack, a toothless durby and a as-usual-come-spank-my-a*** english bowling on ricky's fav aus pitches to follow.

Pricky's all set to overtake ten sooner or later

It is very unlikely that it will happen. He does not have much time to do that and australian cricket board will make it even tougher. But I did think it was inevitable during 2007-2008 timeframe. Now the scenario is totally different.

Plum
28th September 2010, 09:48 PM
You are discounting the fact that ponting will have a revival in the india series and/or the ashes series. Once he gets back to his run scoring ways, acb will not question his place. He will get another 2-3 years or more easily. Apram paarunga - remember that ponting is not the type to miss out when he is in good form. He won't fall in the 90s like sachin. And he will convert 100s into big 100s or double or triple hundreds, if not beat lara's 400.
Sachin fans will get to regret the 7-8 90's in the last couple of years

tamizharasan
28th September 2010, 10:49 PM
Sachin will also be equally, if not better motivated than ponting to score more centuries. Right now Sachin is playing as good as he ever played. Whatever you may say, Sachin will end up scoring atleast 50 centuries in both forms of cricket, a record which is very unlikely to be eclipsed in both forms of cricket. It is not my opinion but assertion.

ajithfederer
28th September 2010, 11:44 PM
[tscii:6ee81f555c]Australia in India 2010

Ponting should look to Tendulkar - Taylor

ESPNcricinfo staff

September 28, 2010

Ricky Ponting and Sachin Tendulkar have both experienced leaner-than-usual periods during their later years © AFP

Enlarge

Related LinksPlayers/Officials: Ricky Ponting | Mark Taylor | Sachin Tendulkar
Series/Tournaments: Australia tour of India [Sep-Oct 2010]
Teams: Australia | India

Ricky Ponting should seek inspiration from Sachin Tendulkar's batting renaissance, according to the former captain of Australia, Mark Taylor. Tendulkar and Ponting are the two leading run scorers in Test history and they will be key men in the upcoming two-Test series in India.

But whereas Tendulkar, 37, has shone over the past year with six Test hundreds and an average of 81.84, it hasn't been as easy for Ponting, 35, who has scored one century and averaged 40.05. Taylor, who endured a memorable lean period during his final years of Test cricket, said life would not get any easier for Ponting.

"He is not getting any better," Taylor told DNA. "He may no longer be the batsman he was in his late 20s but he is still a very good batsman. Honestly, Ponting's best is behind him but he is still capable of scoring big hundreds."

Ponting's form is not unlike that of Tendulkar during 2006 and 2007; during those years Tendulkar averaged 41.72 with two centuries in 17 Tests. Taylor said he was impressed by Tendulkar's return to form, which has also included the first double-century in one-day internationals.

"I think Sachin has had a rebirth," Taylor said. "He is really batting at his best and that can be a sort of inspiration for Ponting. It might be difficult for him to overhaul Sachin's number of centuries because the Indian master is lengthening the gap between them.

"But Ponting has this job of rebuilding the Australian side. The current Australian side is very much his. Seniors like Adam Gilchrist, Glenn McGrath, Shane Warne, Matthew Hayden have all gone. It is a much younger side.

"I think Ponting's focus has moved a little bit away from his personal milestones. In that sense, Sachin is fortunate. He does not have to worry about captaincy. That is probably the reason why he is making hundreds."

Ponting did not make the best start to his tour of India - he scored 42 and 9 in the warm-up match against the Board President's XI. He will be leading a side that was held to a 1-1 series draw against Pakistan this year and Taylor believes improved consistency is the key for Ponting's group.

"Ponting's is a young Australian side which plays very good cricket but is not consistent," he said. "I'm sure Ponting would be working on this area to reduce the number of bad sessions. They tend to lose five or six wickets in a session when they could do well by losing just two or three."

http://www.cricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2010/content/current/story/478898.html
[/tscii:6ee81f555c]

ajithfederer
1st October 2010, 03:21 AM
India v Australia, 1st Test, Mohali
Tendulkar's recent form an inspiration - Ponting
ESPNcricinfo staff

September 30, 2010

"As far as me chasing Sachin ... I was actually expecting that he might have retired before now [smiles]. He's 37 and obviously still playing very well. There's inspiration for everyone around the world to take from what he's done over the last 12 months (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/35320.html?class=1;spanmax1=30+Sep+2010;spanmin1=3 0+Sep+2009;spanval1=span;template=results;type=all round). Batting doesn't get any easier, but to see someone like that have the 12-month period that he's had ... it doesn't matter if you're 35 like I am, or 25 like some of the other guys in our side, it certainly gives you something to aim for."

http://www.cricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2010/content/current/story/479316.html

ajithfederer
3rd October 2010, 12:24 AM
LM,

http://www.orkut.com/Main#CommMsgs?cmm=23803&tid=5413501136569912790&na=4&nst=1715&nid=23803-5413501136569912790-5512194107580424680

A ton of new photos in the last 20 pages(Last one month or so) in photo's thread in our community. I leave it to you to upload the photos. Take your time 8-)

ajithfederer
3rd October 2010, 09:40 PM
Cha just miss by 2 runs. Talk about form of life. :shock:

sathya_1979
3rd October 2010, 09:43 PM
Sachin :cry2: Mohali la idhu varaikkum enakku therinju 3 vaatti 85+ score la out :(

Dhakshan
3rd October 2010, 09:55 PM
How many times getting out in 90s.. :cry2:

ajithfederer
3rd October 2010, 10:03 PM
http://www.cricketonlinetv.com/day-3-india-vs-australia-1st-test-mohali-2010/

Catch i-lites here.

littlemaster1982
3rd October 2010, 11:06 PM
From the Orkut link AF had given,

[html:4a72b8e2be]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_7BC_owL0oUc/TEvx0Pzx1RI/AAAAAAAAAQg/P73xhKTnPko/s400/37710_418216318210_713958210_4463717_5358922_n.jpg[/html:4a72b8e2be]

:lol:

Sourav
4th October 2010, 09:29 AM

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_7BC_owL0oUc/TEvx0Pzx1RI/AAAAAAAAAQg/P73xhKTnPko/s400/37710_418216318210_713958210_4463717_5358922_n.jpg

ithu sms-la oru round vanthuchu...

Dhakshan
4th October 2010, 10:24 AM

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_7BC_owL0oUc/TEvx0Pzx1RI/AAAAAAAAAQg/P73xhKTnPko/s400/37710_418216318210_713958210_4463717_5358922_n.jpg

But of course Bhajji sonnadhula irukura matter unmai thaan...

ajithfederer
4th October 2010, 06:28 PM
Life & Style » Kids

October 4, 2010

From the old pages of the Young World: Cricketing Sensation
NIRMAL SHEKAR

Sachin Tendulkar in his teens.