PDA

View Full Version : Cinema Artists you have met or seen in real

Pages : [1] 2

PARAMASHIVAN
10th March 2010, 08:07 PM
Hi

Has any of you met or seen any Cinema Artists in real?
pls post your experience...

I have met

Dr.SPB :notworthy: :thumbsup: :bluejump: :boo:
Dr.KJY :cool:
K.S.Chithra :cool:

Aishwariya Rai :lol2: :P :notworthy: :thumbsup: :P
Simran ::lol2: :P :P
Mumtaj :lol2: :P
Prashanth :cool: :thumbsup:
Rajashekar (actor parthiban's bro)

I have seen

Vijayakanth
Sathiyarj

Rajaruud
10th March 2010, 08:25 PM
I have seen

Ilayathalapathi Vijay :)

Manivanan :D

Chiyaan Vikram

Pasupathi!!

Sneha

PARAMASHIVAN
10th March 2010, 08:29 PM
Sneha

paaka epadi irunthanga ?

Rajaruud
10th March 2010, 08:43 PM
Sneha

paaka epadi irunthanga ?

No difference... Padathula paakarakum naerla paakarakum ora maathiri thaan irunthaanga!!!!

Nalla coloraa irunthaanga!!!

Aparam suma ****** irunthaanga!!! :lol:

ajaybaskar
10th March 2010, 09:53 PM
I have met Arvindswamy. I met him during the shooting of En swasa katre in MGR film city. He was very jovial and down to earth. He shared his dinner with me and asked if I felt bored seeing the shooting. he introduced me to the Director K.S Ravi. AS was much better looking in person. No wonder why he had a huge female fan following.

I have seen A.R Rahman in concerts, Vikram, Sibiraj, Jayaram, Krishna (Alibaba hero), Dhanush, Aishwarya Rajinikanth, Ajayraj, Isha Koppikar, Ganja Karuppu, Adhisaya, Vijayakumar, Nithin Sathya, swarnamaalya, Baski, Jai, Music Director Vidya Saagar, Dhamu, Director Kannan, Livingston, M.S Baskar, Thaman, James Vasanthan, Uma Padmanabhan, Vijay Adhiraj.

I even saw one actor from the above list hugging and kissing another female artist from the same list... From then, the image I had for the actor in my mind took a beating..

PARAMASHIVAN
10th March 2010, 10:04 PM
I have met Arvindswamy. I met him during the shooting of En swasa katre in MGR film city. He was very jovial and down to earth. He shared his dinner with me and asked if I felt bored seeing the shooting. he introduced me to the Director K.S Ravi. AS was much better looking in person. No wonder why he had a huge female fan following.

yes,some ppl look better off screen, eg Devayani , all the ones in my list lookes better in real than on film, esp mumtaj, she looked very good in real.

I have seen A.R Rahman in concerts, Vikram, Sibiraj, Jayaram, Krishna (Alibaba hero), Dhanush, Aishwarya Rajinikanth, Ajayraj, Isha Koppikar, Ganja Karuppu, Adhisaya, Vijayakumar, Nithin Sathya, swarnamaalya, Baski, Jai, Music Director Vidya Saagar, Dhamu, Director Kannan, Livingston, M.S Baskar, Thaman, James Vasanthan, Uma Padmanabhan, Vijay Adhiraj.

:P :P

Prashanth was very humble, Aish was a bit fussy with a false American accent, I hate it when they try to be different :banghead:

SPB must the 'Most' humble person in TFM along with SS

:notworthy:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
10th March 2010, 11:19 PM
met Dr.Kamal Haasan, seen the whole Panchathanthiram crew, incl simran

seen ARR, balaji (comedian in movies, VIjay TV),

spoken with yugi sethu

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
10th March 2010, 11:21 PM

I even saw one actor from the above list hugging and kissing another female artist from the same list... From then, the image I had for the actor in my mind took a beating..

Ms.S.Bhaskar kissing Isha koppikar, correcta :lol2:

ajaybaskar
10th March 2010, 11:59 PM
sakala,

Isha mela ungalukku yaen indha kolaveri? Adhu sari, VK koodavae nadichuttaa, MSBku enna kurai? (Honest mannippaaraaga...)

VinodKumar's
11th March 2010, 12:04 AM
Ajay,

Ivalo periya list ah :omg:

ajaybaskar
11th March 2010, 12:10 AM
Vinod,

I am a frequent visitor to Sathyam cinemas in chennai. Andha listla paadhi pera Naan angadhaan paarthen..

VinodKumar's
11th March 2010, 12:26 AM
Vinod,

I am a frequent visitor to Sathyam cinemas in chennai. Andha listla paadhi pera Naan angadhaan paarthen..

Oh ok.

app_engine
11th March 2010, 12:35 AM
The only movie celebrity that I've ever met:

Amitabh in 1996 at Zurich airport, also got his initials on the back of a (non-related) photograph as there was no other notebook / paper on hand while waiting on the gate. It was like a smilie, similar to the one the person at Sam's club gate draws on your receipt, with "AB" in it :-)

He walked into the waiting area, all alone with a cap and just a backpack. (There were hush-hush comments from other passengers that he has probably come to deposit money for RG family in swiss banks).

This guy was calm, cool, standing for pictures with anyone who asked etc. He was in the same flight to Bombay, but different class (obviously).

Other artists I've seen :

My dad took us to the town to "show" us MGR during childhood, when he was visting for an election campaign. It was from a distance, he was riding slowly on an open jeep, with his typical thoppi / goggle / thuNdu attire and kumbidufying all the way.

What was surprising to me as a child was that the crowd was much less than what came the prior day when we were "shown" Karunanidhi in the same town. There was lot of cheering when he stepped out of his car and waved.
(At that time, both were in the same party and came for the same campaign, mukA was CM and MGR was the HOD for state savings dept). I've never seen MGR in person again, though I've been to a whole speech by mukA on another occasion at midnight, this time as a teen ager, while visiting Madurai for a match. (The drill master was a DMK fanatic and took the "willing players" with him to this speech, after dinner). His speech was thoroughly enjoyable, though he and MGR were arch rivals by this time.

When I was at CBE airport entrance to send off a french engineer in 1991, a lion - with grey hair dhAdi and powerful eyes - emerged fast out of the door - Shivaji Ganesan. He stylishly wished (military salute, raising the hand, dropping vertically like "cut" and moving horizontally) while rushing to the parking lot. Still that shot is in my mind:-)

I've seen Sarathkumar riding a horse (for a shooting probably) in a Bangalore road on another occasion, while I was waiting for the signal, sitting in an auto.

I don't remember seeing any other movie artist in person.

Bala (Karthik)
11th March 2010, 12:38 AM
Why?

Appu s
11th March 2010, 01:33 AM
Why?
Athane :huh:

groucho070
11th March 2010, 06:57 AM
Where's Joe and his Vijayakanth encounter? :D

joe
11th March 2010, 07:43 AM
[tscii:4b6a828901]
Where's Joe and his Vijayakanth encounter? :D
அப்படி ஒரு சம்பவத்தை மறந்தே போய்விட்டேன் :lol:

எங்கள் கிராமத்து பள்ளியில் 6 வது அல்லது 7வது வகுப்பு படித்துக்கொண்டிருந்த நேரம் .அது ஒரு ஞாயிற்றுக்கிழமை .ஞாயிறு தோறும் அதே பள்ளியில் ஒரு மணி நேரம் மறைக்கல்வி (catechism) நடைபெறுவது வழக்கம் .வகுப்பில் இருக்கும் போது சிலர் “மக்களே! நம்ம ஊருல சினிமா எடுக்க வந்திருக்காங்களாம்” -ன்னு குசுகுசுக்க மறைக்கல்வியில் மனம் ஒன்றாமல் ,வகுப்பு முடிந்தவுடன் பக்கதிலிருந்த கடற்கரைக்கு பசங்களெல்லாம் ஓடினோம் ..ஏற்கனவே சில வாகனங்களில் வந்திறங்கிய படப்பிடிப்பு குழுவை சுற்றி ஏகப்பட்ட கூட்டம் ..கூட்டத்தின் நடுவே ஒரு கறுத்த காந்தப்பார்வையோடு ஒரு உருவம் .விஜயகாந்த் என சீனியர்கள் சொல்லித் தான் எனக்கு அடையாளம் தெரிந்தது .’தண்டனை’ என்றொரு படம் அப்போது வந்திருந்ததென நினைக்கிறேன் . எல்லோரும் விஜயகாந்துக்கு கை கொடுத்துக்கொண்டிருந்தார்கள் .நானும் போய் கைகொடுத்தேன் :lol: ..அனைவருக்கும் சிரித்துக்கொண்டே கைகொடுத்துக்கொண்டிருந்தார் . சிறிது நேரத்தில் கூட்டத்தை ஒருவாறு ஒதுக்கி விட்டு கடற்கரையிலேயே ஒரு சண்டைக்காட்சியை படம் பிடித்தார்கள் .நடிகர் ராஜேஷ் இருந்தார் . முதலில் ஆர்வமாக இருந்த கூட்டம் ஒரு காட்சியை 9 தடவை திரும்ப திரும்ப எடுப்பதை பார்த்து சலிப்பு கொட்ட ஆரம்பித்தது .திடீரென்று இன்னொரு வாகனம் வர ,அதிலிருந்து மொட்டை தலையுடன் ஒருவர் இறங்கினார் .”மக்களே! தங்கைக்கோர் கீதம் படத்துல பைக்ல வருவாரே ..சத்தியராஜ்” என சிலர் கிசுகிசுக்க அவருக்கும் கொஞ்சம் கூட்டம் சுற்றி நின்று கைகொடுத்தது.

மதியத்துக்கு பின்னர் ,ஊரின் இன்னொரு பக்கமுள்ள கடற்கரையில் நடிகை ஒருவர் வந்திருப்பதாக செய்தி வர ,எல்லா கூட்டமும் அங்கே ஆஜர் ..ஈர்க்குச்சி போல ஒல்லியாக சிவப்பாக பாவாடை தாவணியில் ஒரு சின்னப் பெண் .பெயர் நளினி என்றார்கள் ..அப்போது அவர் இருந்த தோற்றத்தையும் ,இப்போது அவர் இருக்கும் தோற்றத்தையும் நினைத்தால் நம்பவே முடியவில்லை :) .விஜயகாந்தையும் ,சத்தியராஜையும் அம்போவென்று விட்டுவிட்டு கூட்டம் நளினியை பார்க்க கும்மோ கும்மென்று குவிய கட்டுப்படுத்தவே பெரும்பாடு .இங்கே கடலுக்கு அருகே நளினி சோகமாக பாடிக்கொண்டு வருவது போல ஷாட் ..இரண்டு வரி எடுப்பதற்குள் விடிந்து விடும் போலிருந்தது.

அடுத்த நாள் விஜயகாந்த் சண்டைக்காட்சிகள் ரோட்டில் படப்பிடிப்பு தொடர ,நேற்று அம்மிய கூட்டம் சுத்தமாக காலி ..ஏதோ எங்கூரு காரர் மாதிரி திண்ணை திணனையாக உட்கார்ந்து விஜயகாந்த் ரெஸ்ட் எடுத்துக்கொண்டு தண்ணீர் வாங்கி குடிக்க ,கொஞ்சம் பாவமாகத் தான் இருந்தது.

ஆங் ..படத்தின் பெயரா? சந்தோஷக்கனவுகள் .படம் வெளிவந்த போது நம்மூரில் எடுக்கப்பட்ட படமாச்சேண்ணு அடம் பிடிச்சு அம்மா நாகர்கோவிலுக்கு கூட்டி சென்று படம் பார்த்தோம் ..என்னத்த சொல்ல :lol: [/tscii:4b6a828901]

Movie Cop
11th March 2010, 07:46 AM
Ramarajan - Used to be our next door neighbour between 2002-2005. While I was away, was told that he moved back to his hometown somewhere near Madurai/Dindugul area. Have spoken to him several times whenever I was in town. Very simple, down to earth person. Unfortunately, his fortune took a complete "U turn" after losing his MP post. Truly sad, it is. :(

Plum
11th March 2010, 07:53 AM
Bala and appu, I think ajay said image pochu not respect pochu. That is underswtandable I guess, illaiyA? Indhaalukku ipdi oru taste-Annu image pOyirukkalaam
Note that the female artistes in the list are adhisaya, swarnamalya and uma padmanabhan only(discounting the possibility of isha koppikar)
Ajay, image ponadhu vikramukkA? :-)

groucho070
11th March 2010, 09:12 AM
Thanks, Joe. Padam hit-a?

As for me, nothing special about mine. A few years back, I was at the Indian embassy republic day dinner function, representing a defence magazine. Saw YG Mahendran, thought it was him, haven't seen him on screen for long time. So, I just got closer, see if he is who he is. But on seeing the dollar (or locket) on his chain, with NT's face on him, I knew that was him. I spoke to him, said that it was NT that confirmed who he was, he said, "Of course, avar kalaignarukkellam theivam". He was down for some special play staging. He asked about my profession and that's about it. He was more focussed on piling sticks of Satay on his plate.

ajaybaskar
11th March 2010, 09:16 AM
Plum Sir,

U r a genius....

joe
11th March 2010, 09:34 AM
Thanks, Joe. Padam hit-a?
marana flop :)

joe
11th March 2010, 09:41 AM
Artists I had atleast a word with... MSV ayya , SV sekar ,Naser .

Nerula parthathu-nna kitta thatta ellorum - at one stage - NT chevalie function ,presided by Jayalalitha and punch speech by Rajini :)

Bala (Karthik)
11th March 2010, 09:48 AM
Plum Sir,

U r a genius....
Idhukku thaan oorukkulla rendu padichavainga venumgaradhu :)

Kalyasi
11th March 2010, 09:54 AM
I am only Dr. Kamalahassan @ Greenpark....

Kalyasi
11th March 2010, 09:55 AM
Plum Sir,

U r a genius....
Idhukku thaan oorukkulla rendu padichavainga venumgaradhu :)

:exactly: antha pigaar yaaru num sollitaa innum genius....

ajaybaskar
11th March 2010, 09:56 AM
Plum,

The way u narrowed down to the elite bunch was superb. Kavutham ungala vache 'Thuppariyum Anand' pannalaam.

Yeah, it was Vikram and UP. It happened while watching 'Nenjinilae' in Udhayam theatre with Alagamperumal. Of course nobody in the theatre liked the movie. We were busy commenting on the ppl who were watching the movie around us. Appothaan andha kanraavi scene enga kannula pattuchu...

VinodKumar's
11th March 2010, 09:57 AM
Plum Sir,

U r a genius....

Ajay athu yaarunu neenga sollavae illayae :roll:

Kalyasi
11th March 2010, 10:01 AM
Plum,

The way u narrowed down to the elite bunch was superb. Kavutham ungala vache 'Thuppariyum Anand' pannalaam.

Yeah, it was Vikram and UP. It happened while watching 'Nenjinilae' in Udhayam theatre with Alagamperumal. Of course nobody in the theatre liked the movie. We were busy commenting on the ppl who were watching the movie around us. Appothaan andha kanraavi scene enga kannula pattuchu...

Rasana ketta keero....

ajaybaskar
11th March 2010, 10:04 AM
He was not Chiyaan Vikram by then if I am not wrong. So ppl barely recognized him. And he used it effectively to his advantage...

Cinefan
11th March 2010, 10:09 AM
The only artist I have seen in very close quarters is Priya Mani(twice)-once at Union Bank of india and once again at Ranga Shankara.

Other than that have seen kannada artist,Radhika at a film shoot in jayanagar 9th block market.

Plum
11th March 2010, 10:27 AM
Plum,

ennaiya vechu kaamedy edhuvum paNnaliyE :-)

:lol: - I am not surprised. I figured it was UP< sari maanatha vAnga vEndAmEnnu sollalai). EnnA, remba careful-A female artiste(as opposed to actress)-nu ezhudhi irundhInga, appOve bulb erinjudhu it has to be a "character artiste"-nu. And UP's saagasangaL with the likes of Vijay Adhiraj are pattapagal veLicham in tamil thollaikaatchi shows. Image pOchu triggered that it is Vikram, whose weakness for the weaker sex is quite well known - avLO dhAn - idhukku mEla ennaiya vechu kaamedy paNNidadhInga - as Feeyar observed astutely the other day, naanellAm tabloid journalist-A pOyirukka vEndiyavan!

Cinefan
11th March 2010, 10:39 AM
Plum-UP's saagasangal with Vijay Adhiraj,Vikram's weakness for the fairer sex-yes, tabloid journalist would have been the right choice :D

Plum
11th March 2010, 10:40 AM
Most of my "seeings" of stars happened in the Hyderabad airport on various occasions
Madhavan, last december, thannathaniyA, he was checking in just before me in the line. Until the counter clerk recognised him, I didnt realise it was him. Very casual.

Prithviraj @Babloo(ivan star-A?) various times in the Hyd airport. remba peter vuduvAn, scene pOduvAn

Prabhudeva - I actually travelled next seat to him from Hyd to Chennai. It was on the day my father expired, and I was rushing to Chennai so obviously, I wasnt in any mood to fuss over him. I noticed at a side glance that he was fussing over a X-ananda saamiyar types sitting on the other side of him. Sort of shows why such saamiyars have market.

Ramya Krishnan - in Chennai and Hyd airports a few times.
Hariharan with his pony tail in Delhi airport.

Aged around 11-12, I attended a launch of a movie starring ilayathilagam, just after kanni raasi, I think, and was directed by a Pandiarajan assistant, named Shanmugharajan, I think. Dont remember the movie name. All I can remember is that he was...MASSIVE! My sister actually wondered aloud "evLO gundA irukkAr". He heard it, but took it in his stride, patted my sister and said "romba chutti poNNu!"

The crowning glory was a wedding reception in AVM Rajeswari mandapam - when around 10 years of age, I think - Kamal, NT, MGR and Rajni all passed by. Remember people around me trying to pinch MGR as he passed by - "evLO segappA irukkAr". Kamal was short and stocky, I remember, being very unimpressed. Managed just a glimpse of NT, and caught Rajni puffing away.

Then there was SV Sekar, whom we met backstage during a drama performance of his. It was kaadhula poo or kattula mazhai, cant remember which - the one which has dhoomaketu and bheemaketu. I rememberr those names because, in what seems to be a theme of my star-or-non-star-sightings, I caught them puffing away backstage in-between performances, and remember wondering aloud "ivangallAm yamanOda dhoodhargal dhaane, epdi cigarette pidikkaraangga". To which Sekar quipped "EmpA chinna pasanga munnAdi maanatha vaangadhIngappA".

Kambar_Kannagi
11th March 2010, 10:41 AM

என்ன சொன்னார்/சொன்னீங்க??? Just curious. :D

Appu s
11th March 2010, 10:44 AM
Plum :thumbsup:

Ajay UP-nna antha Sun TV anchor thane?

joe
11th March 2010, 10:50 AM
[tscii:dd64b10b5c]

வளசரவாக்கத்தில் ஒரு வீட்டில் மாடியில் இரு சிறிய குடியிருப்பில் நான் தங்கியிருந்தேன் ..இன்னொன்றில் ஒரு உப்புமா சினிமா கம்பெனி இருந்தது ..மலையாளி ஒருவர் சினிமா தயாரிக்கப்போவதாக சொல்லிக்கொண்டு அங்கே தங்கியிருந்தார் .ஒரு நாள் அந்த வாசலை கடந்து எங்கள் பகுதிக்கு போன போது உள்ளே எம்.எஸ்.வி ஐயா ,மற்றும் இலங்கை நெய்னார் (இலங்கையில் முதன் முதலில் எம்.ஜி.ஆர் மன்றம் ஆரம்பித்தவர்) இருவருடனும் பேசிக்கொண்டிருந்தார் .நான் எம்.எஸ்.வி ஐயா வெளியே வரும் வரை காத்திருந்து வந்தவுடன் வணங்கி “ஐயா !நான் உங்கள் ரசிகன் ” என்றதும் அவரும் வணங்கி விட்டு கையைப் பிடித்துக்கொண்டு நான் என்ன செய்கிறேன் என விசாரித்தார் ..பின்னர் “பார்க்கலாம் தம்பி” என சொல்லிவிட்டு கிளம்பினார் ..உண்மையிலேயே அத்தகைய மேதையிடம் பேசியது மிகவும் மகிழ்ச்சியாக இருந்தது :D [/tscii:dd64b10b5c]

ajaybaskar
11th March 2010, 10:57 AM
Plum :thumbsup:

Ajay UP-nna antha Sun TV anchor thane?

Yes..

VTVla Simbhu mummy...

Kambar_Kannagi
11th March 2010, 10:58 AM
[tscii:6458379ae7]

வளசரவாக்கத்தில் ஒரு வீட்டில் மாடியில் இரு சிறிய குடியிருப்பில் நான் தங்கியிருந்தேன் ..இன்னொன்றில் ஒரு உப்புமா சினிமா கம்பெனி இருந்தது ..மலையாளி ஒருவர் சினிமா தயாரிக்கப்போவதாக சொல்லிக்கொண்டு அங்கே தங்கியிருந்தார் .ஒரு நாள் அந்த வாசலை கடந்து எங்கள் பகுதிக்கு போன போது உள்ளே எம்.எஸ்.வி ஐயா ,மற்றும் இலங்கை நெய்னார் (இலங்கையில் முதன் முதலில் எம்.ஜி.ஆர் மன்றம் ஆரம்பித்தவர்) இருவருடனும் பேசிக்கொண்டிருந்தார் .நான் எம்.எஸ்.வி ஐயா வெளியே வரும் வரை காத்திருந்து வந்தவுடன் வணங்கி “ஐயா !நான் உங்கள் ரசிகன் ” என்றதும் அவரும் வணங்கி விட்டு கையைப் பிடித்துக்கொண்டு நான் என்ன செய்கிறேன் என விசாரித்தார் ..பின்னர் “பார்க்கலாம் தம்பி” என சொல்லிவிட்டு கிளம்பினார் ..உண்மையிலேயே அத்தகைய மேதையிடம் பேசியது மிகவும் மகிழ்ச்சியாக இருந்தது :D [/tscii:6458379ae7]

ஜோ... :D :bow:

அனைவரது அனுபவங்களையும் கேட்பதற்கு சந்தோஷமாக உள்ளது.

AB, உங்களுடைய அனுபவம் தான் சற்று அதிர்சியாக இருக்கிறது. :P

joe
11th March 2010, 11:03 AM
[tscii:7d548be0a0]ஒரு நாள் சிங்கப்பூர் லிட்டில் இந்தியா பகுதியில் கோமள விலாஸ் உணவகத்தை கடந்து சென்று கொண்டிருந்த போது ரோட்டோரத்தில் எம்.வி.சேகர் “பார்றா ..நம்மள யாரும் கண்டுக்க மாட்டேங்குறானுங்க” என்ற ஏமாற்றத்தோடு நின்று கொண்டிருந்தார் . அருகில் சென்று கைகொடுத்து விட்டு 2 நிமிடம் பேசி விட்டு கிளம்பினேன்.[/tscii:7d548be0a0]

groucho070
11th March 2010, 11:10 AM
[tscii:2f0cd60cd3]ஒரு நாள் சிங்கப்பூர் லிட்டில் இந்தியா பகுதியில் கோமள விலாஸ் உணவகத்தை கடந்து சென்று கொண்டிருந்த போது ரோட்டோரத்தில் எம்.வி.சேகர் “பார்றா ..நம்மள யாரும் கண்டுக்க மாட்டேங்குறானுங்க” என்ற ஏமாற்றத்தோடு நின்று கொண்டிருந்தார் . அருகில் சென்று கைகொடுத்து விட்டு 2 நிமிடம் பேசி விட்டு கிளம்பினேன்.[/tscii:2f0cd60cd3] :lol: Charitable heart, Joe.

Bala (Karthik)
11th March 2010, 12:08 PM
Of course Thalaivar darisanams on functions etc. Met Maanikkam Narayanan for VV. Met aascar Ravichandran twice before the release of Dasavatharam, once, for watching the trailer in a preview theater. He also shared audio release function tickets, and some stills in his office

Met Sivamani and spoke to him for a couple of minutes in Adithya hotel reception. Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham-a pathi avar vaila naala nalla vaarthai kekkanum-nu paathen, he was saying all along "Ella music-um keppen, ella music-um pudikkum. Ellarum nalla dhaan panraanga". The entire time he was in the reception, he was drumming on the reception desk

Before watching Lesa Lesa in AVM Rajeswari, we had a session in an underground wine saap in Vadapalani. Appo pakkathula thaniya ukkanthirundhaaru, Dasavatharam la "naan sollala?" character. He also comes in Dhil as the kadalai vendor. Konja neram pechu kuduthom. He also felt happy

Like i had already mentioned several times in the hub, met Dharani in Savera hotel bar. He was my cousin's (violinist) college-mate (New college) and a keyboard player. It was during the time of Dhool's release and he was basking on the success of the film. I and my brother were asking him if Vivek wrote his own dialogues to which he replied "ma^& la avan ezhudhunaan". Then i and a freind (who is also a Thalaivar veriyan) asked him about Thalaivar. He didn't mince words when he was talking about Thalaivar. IHO, the last good film Thalaivar made was Salangai Oli :lol:
He said Thalaivar had given an interview in a Tamil daily in which he had indirectly dissed Dhool. Andha kaduppula irundhaar :lol:

Co-Baradhan M.R Vasu (?) - and his friends was sitting in the adjacent table in Adithya hotel bar once. There was a highly intellectual discussion going on (anthropology, civilization, politics etc) and one particular elderly gentleman was talking rather animatedly on all these subjects at length. MRV was silent throughout. Appo it looked like he would tell the gentleman at any instant, "PErusu, nee oodhave venaam" :lol:

Passed by Pooja at the entrance of Green Park once, realize panradhukkulla car la yeri poittaanga. Illenna mattum enna pannirukka porom :lol2:

There is a DVD rental in Nungambakkam (Ric videos) i used to frequent in 2005/2006. Once when i was scanning for DVDs, i was talking to one of the boys working there, asking him about certain films. Appo sammandhame illama oru ladies vandhu "That's a Tarrantino film, right?" nu kettaanga. "No, this is not his film" nu sonnen. Rendu moonu padam peru sonnaanga, nalla irukkum nu, apparam poittaanga. Enna prachanai nu purila. The boy then told me after she left that it was Ranjitha-nu.
I'd seen Prathap Pothen in the same shop 3-4 times and every time he would glare at me. Edhukku nu innaikku varaikkum theriyala. Fortunately, he didn't scream at me :lol:

Saw Raghuvaran in Taj coramandel once. He must have been in his rehab phase, he was talking to someone and didn't have anything

Karan-a breeze hotel coffee shop la paathom, in dhaadi getup. Kai kuduthuttu Thalaivar pugazh exchange pannikkittom...

Appu s
11th March 2010, 12:18 PM
Have seen Ajith,Rajini 2-3 times,i can say just a hello to ajith sir and he given a charismatic smile in return.tried to take pic of rajini sir in my mobile,he saw that and raised his eye brow and smiled. :D

met Parthiban and Devayani in a shooting,in my uncle's home(Azhakiyapandi puram-Kanyakumari Dist.). Parthiban :thumbsup:

have seen Sathyaraj and MSV ayya together in a shooting,naanga friends oru 5-6 peru mattum irunthom antha shooting-la, the shooting was happened in one of our friend's vaazha thoppu. we were sitting and talking with them in between the take, Abaas also there in the same shooting. romba bandha pannapla,yaarum kandukkala...title of the movie was something like Naaradhar,Antha movie release aakave illa :noteeth:

Simran-aa avnaga hubby kooda Gurgaon-la vachu paathirukken,Kanika Kingfisher-la work pannittu irunthappa paathirukken,red-red... super :P

Maniratnam sir,Vijay,K.S.R,Goundamani annan,Prabhu,Shalini,prakashraj,saran. inum konjam perai paathirukken.pesinathu illa :mrgreen:

Plum
11th March 2010, 12:24 PM
He didn't mince words when he was talking about Thalaivar. IHO, the last good film Thalaivar made was Salangai Oli
Dharani innum epdi uyirOda irukkAr? :lol:

Plum
11th March 2010, 12:25 PM
Met Maanikkam Narayanan for VV.
"For"?

Plum
11th March 2010, 12:25 PM
Rendu moonu padam peru sonnaanga, nalla irukkum nu, apparam poittaanga. Enna prachanai nu purila. The boy then told me after she left that it was Ranjitha-nu.

Just missu...escapeu?

Bala (Karthik)
11th March 2010, 12:26 PM
"For"?
Release date, korikkai for publicity, ads etc.. :lol2:

Plum
11th March 2010, 12:30 PM
Thought so. kanfarm paNNikka dhAn kEttEn.

Kalyasi
11th March 2010, 12:31 PM
Aamaam oru vaati Kanikka va Neelangarai beach la paathuiruken...

Ranjith a Grren Park la paathu iruken... ambuttu thaan!!

Kambar_Kannagi
11th March 2010, 12:33 PM

Is he the owner of Seventh Channel??? :roll:

Plum
11th March 2010, 12:33 PM
kalyasi, nInga pArtha stars+locations combination...enakkuLLa irukkum tabloid journalist-ai "Wake up Sid" seigiradhu :-)

Bala (Karthik)
11th March 2010, 12:35 PM
Thalaivar/Raasa va paathathoda seri, pesara vaippu kedaikkala, Adhukke pullarippu. Thalaivar birthday photo date poga kooda innum amayala. Manaivi rendu per kittayum pesirukkaanga.
Ivingala paathu pesa kooda vendaam, saashtaangama oru namaskaaram....

Kalyasi
11th March 2010, 12:36 PM
kalyasi, nInga pArtha stars+locations combination...enakkuLLa irukkum tabloid journalist-ai "Wake up Sid" seigiradhu :-)

:lol:

ajaybaskar
11th March 2010, 12:36 PM
கம்பர் கண்ணகி,

இந்த மேட்டருக்கே அதிர்ச்சியாயிட்டேங்களே.... தனுஷை நான் எங்கே பார்த்தேன்னு சொன்னா மட்டையாயிடுவீங்க... :D

He was coming out of the fitness lounge in Taj Coromandel.

Bala (Karthik)
11th March 2010, 12:37 PM

Is he the owner of Seventh Channel??? :roll:
Yeah

Plum
11th March 2010, 12:37 PM
Manaivi rendu per kittayum pesirukkaanga.

Confirmed-nga. kadavuLar bhakthargaL allAdhavargaLukku dhAn kAtchi aLippar!

AudazJay
11th March 2010, 12:38 PM
Met Rajini once when he came to Malaysia for a concert...I was still a small kid then. My mom was an avid fan of Rajini and she compelled my dad to take her to the hotel where Rajini was staying to meet him personally. We went to the hotel and there was this huge group before us, all waiting to have a glimpse of him. He finally came out of his room, and walked towards us, smilling and waving his hand. But before he could say anything, his bodyguard pulled him back to the room :evil:

Saw Shah Rukh and Juhi Chawla at Sunway Pyramid (one of the shopping malls at Malaysia). They were shooting for One2 Ka4.

Saw Simran at Midvalley once. Couldn't recognise her at first. She had a weird glasses on and wore no makeup. I wonder if she had any idea how ghastly she looks without her make-up...

Even saw Sonia Agarwal (when she was still married to Selva) and Aishwarya Rajinikanth shopping at Midvalley a couple of years ago.

Bala (Karthik)
11th March 2010, 12:38 PM
Plum,
Woippu also diehard fan of both

Kalyasi
11th March 2010, 12:39 PM
Manaivi rendu per kittayum pesirukkaanga.

Confirmed-nga. kadavuLar bhakthargaL allAdhavargaLukku dhAn kAtchi aLippar!

Karrect Naa Ajith a nerla kooda paathathilla... Aandavarai ore oruka Green Park la...

Plum
oh! rahman fan-nu sonnadhA nyAbagam. Maybe, that is some one else. kanpeesanpA!

Kalyasi
Plum,

you kanvert?

joe
11th March 2010, 12:40 PM
Plum,

you kanvert?

Plum
11th March 2010, 12:41 PM
Plum,

you kanvert?
:rotfl:

Plum
11th March 2010, 12:41 PM
BTW, Bala, poNNukku indoctrination aarambichAchA? inimE dhAnA?

Bala (Karthik)
11th March 2010, 12:42 PM
Plum,

you kanvert?
Thalaivar-ku modhallerndhe fan. Raasa - i gave pointers, His music did the rest :)

Plum
11th March 2010, 12:43 PM
Plum,

you kanvert?
Thalaivar-ku modhallerndhe fan. Raasa - i gave pointers, His music did the rest :)
First aspect ungaLOda requirement spec-layE pOtturuppIngalla?

Bala (Karthik)
Ponnukku dance la oru naattam. Kero nu paatha Vijay paattukku thaan adhigama aadudhu :)

ajaybaskar
Bala,

My ex-colleague was living in Alwarpet and he used to see Kamal daily in his terrace. Kamal used to wave his hands to his kid it seems.

Andha kutty payalum Virumandi maama kai kaaturaarunu excite ayiduvaanam.

He said Kamal is no more residing in that house..

Kalyasi
11th March 2010, 12:44 PM
Ponnukku dance la oru naattam. Kero nu paatha Vijay paattukku thaan adhigama aadudhu :)

Ippove nallathu kettathu naama thaan kathu kodukanum!!

Kalyasi
11th March 2010, 12:45 PM
Bala,

My ex-colleague was living in Alwarpet and he used to see Kamal daily in his terrace. Kamal used to wave his hands to his kid it seems.

Aamaam Neelangarai poitaaru!!

Plum
11th March 2010, 12:45 PM
:-)
oNyum paNNa mudiyAdhu. konja nAL munnAdi CC-la pottEn - naan veettula illAdhappO border-la ooduruval nadandhu, poNNu "Ottokaaran" padam paarthuttA. appOlerundhu "andha autokaran padam pArkalAmA", "andha ravi varuvAnE, andha padam pArkaNum"-nu orE nacharippu.

ajaybaskar
11th March 2010, 12:47 PM
oNyum paNNa mudiyAdhu. konja nAL munnAdi CC-la pottEn - naan veettula illAdhappO border-la ooduruval nadandhu, poNNu "Ottokaaran" padam paarthuttA. appOlerundhu "andha autokaran padam pArkalAmA", "andha ravi varuvAnE, andha padam pArkaNum"-nu orE nacharippu.

This is called Gen-next hero... :D

Kambar_Kannagi
11th March 2010, 12:47 PM
கம்பர் கண்ணகி,

இந்த மேட்டருக்கே அதிர்ச்சியாயிட்டேங்களே.... தனுஷை நான் எங்கே பார்த்தேன்னு சொன்னா மட்டையாயிடுவீங்க... :D

இந்த விசாரனையில் பல உண்மைகள் வெளிவரும் போலிருக்கே... :P

Plum
11th March 2010, 12:48 PM
Yeah, ajay. Some things can't be denied, it seems :-)

Bala (Karthik)
11th March 2010, 12:49 PM
கம்பர் கண்ணகி,

இந்த விசாரனையில் பல உண்மைகள் வெளிவரும் போலிருக்கே... :P
Dhanush intree liye sollirukkaare, ippo ellam fitness-freak aittadha...
And Polladhavan ku six-pack valathaare?

joe
11th March 2010, 12:54 PM

amaiyya ..en payan-kku Vijay-nna 'kuruvi' ..vijay-ya paartha entha padama irunthaalum 'kuruvi' thaan :)

Bala (Karthik)
11th March 2010, 12:54 PM
Curious to know if Murali Sir has met Nadigar Thilagam...

groucho070
11th March 2010, 12:56 PM
Met Sivamani and spoke to him for a couple of minutes in Adithya hotel reception. Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham-a pathi avar vaila naala nalla vaarthai kekkanum-nu paathen, he was saying all along "Ella music-um keppen, ella music-um pudikkum. Ellarum nalla dhaan panraanga". :shock: Vellakaara drummers-a ketta mani kanakkula pesuvangga Bonzo-va patti. Why Sivamani, why? PC-a?

Plum
11th March 2010, 12:57 PM
idhellAm pOga, if I actually wish to meet a film personality or ANY celebrity, adhu isaikadavul dharisanam atleast once in my life, avLO dhAn. DistancelErundhu oru (a Bala said) saashtangamnAlum sari.

Kambar_Kannagi
11th March 2010, 12:58 PM

ஆம். எனக்கும் இது தோன்றியது.

Plum
11th March 2010, 12:59 PM
Curiously, I have seen NT on many occasions, but appOlAm adhOda significance udambula Eralai :-(. Oru autograph vAngaNumnu kUda thOnalai :-(

Kalyasi
I always wanted to do this saashtangam to Sachin ya....saans kedaikuma?

Kalyasi

you old hubber in new id??

Kambar_Kannagi
11th March 2010, 01:01 PM
Curiously, I have seen NT on many occasions, but appOlAm adhOda significance udambula Eralai :-(. Oru autograph vAngaNumnu kUda thOnalai :-(

கொஞ்சம் விளாவரியா எழுதுங்க. Interesting-ஆ இருக்கு. :)

ajaybaskar
11th March 2010, 01:01 PM

:shock:

Enakkum adhe doubt... Idho edho pasuthol poarthiya puli....

Kalyasi
11th March 2010, 01:02 PM

Ajay neenga intha month end Chennai meet ku varuveenga illa? eager to meet u!!

Plum
11th March 2010, 01:02 PM

Ajay, inge neraiya "thuppariyum Anand" irukkAnga pOla ?:-)

Appu s
11th March 2010, 01:09 PM

amaiyya ..en payan-kku Vijay-nna 'kuruvi' ..vijay-ya paartha entha padama irunthaalum 'kuruvi' thaan :)

Enga veetuu podisugal-laam vijay veriyargal, Channels maathum pothu Pokkiri-kuruvi-villu, ithula ethavathu onnu vantha kooda,naan adutha channel maatha mudiyatha soolnilaikku aayiduven.

Bala (Karthik)
11th March 2010, 01:09 PM
Bala,

He has moved/is moving to Sozhinganallur. Idhu varaikkum Neelankarai la irundhaar. His earlier office (opposite Ethiraj Kalyana mandapam) was part of my father's uncle's house. Appo ellam vevaram pathala, illenna appove meet pannirukkalaam

Bala (Karthik)
11th March 2010, 01:11 PM
Enga veetuu podisugal-laam vijay veriyargal, Channels maathum pothu Pokkiri-kuruvi-villu, ithula ethavathu onnu vantha kooda,naan adutha channel maatha mudiyatha soolnilaikku aayiduven.
Kids are generally attracted to Rajini and Vijay . Apart from the accessories (songs, fights, dialogues etc), they seem to have this natural pull

littlemaster1982
11th March 2010, 01:11 PM

10 feet gap-la tharisanam kidaichudhu. Adhuve podhum :notworthy: :notworthy:

ajaybaskar
11th March 2010, 01:13 PM

:shock: Where? Bangalore?

littlemaster1982
11th March 2010, 01:14 PM
Chennai match. Boundary line-la field pannumbodhu. March 26th 2008.

Plum
11th March 2010, 01:14 PM
That said, earlier, my daughter's previous ummAchi was Atchai kumar. sari, indhi kalAchArathulErundhu tamizh kalAchArathukku divert paNNalAmnA ipdi accident aagi pOchu :lol:

Kalyasi
11th March 2010, 01:18 PM

same same.. Vijay dance vara channel vekka mudiyathu nu sonna nammala thittarainga pa...

ajaybaskar
11th March 2010, 01:19 PM
I was blessed with the cahnce of watching a Sachin century in Chepauk (India chasing 386 Vs England). Annaiku nite fulla kaadhukkulla 'Goinnnnnn'nu sound.

joe
11th March 2010, 01:21 PM

same same.. Vijay dance vara channel vekka mudiyathu nu sonna nammala thittarainga pa...

My son recognize only 3 actors

Vijay - Kuruvi
Kamal - kallai mattum kandaal
surya - madhavan ( don't know why he call surya as madhavan :) )

P_R
11th March 2010, 01:21 PM
Spotted many. Never talk because of a mix of என்னத்த பேசி and Rousappar's philosophy ஒரு பெய்ண்டரை நடு கடல்ல போய் மீன் பிடிக்க சொல்லு (எல்லோர்க்கும் ஒவ்வொன்று எளிது - அவ்வையார்).

The only time I tried talking was when I saw GM in Beasant Nagar beach (because I'd never forgive myself if I didn't even shake his hand after seeing him) but didn't manage to talk anything beyond usual pleasantries. In fact it was more like I wanted to get out of the conversation when he didn't seemed pressed for time or anything.அபிராமி உள்ள இருக்கு - வார்த்தை எல்லாம் வெளில இருக்கு. :oops:

joe
11th March 2010, 01:22 PM
Btw , Namitha , Ramya Krishna -vai airport-la paathirukken.

Bala (Karthik)
11th March 2010, 01:23 PM
That said, earlier, my daughter's previous ummAchi was Atchai kumar. sari, indhi kalAchArathulErundhu tamizh kalAchArathukku divert paNNalAmnA ipdi accident aagi pOchu :lol:
IMO the bigger concern is the kind of music they are exposed to these days

ajaybaskar
11th March 2010, 01:25 PM
IMO the bigger concern is the kind of music they are exposed to these days

:D Dont worry on that. Ellam konja naalaikuthaan. Appuram avanga taste maaridum.. :D

Bala (Karthik)
11th March 2010, 01:25 PM
Hub Maddy eppadi react pannuvaaru!

Kalyasi
11th March 2010, 01:26 PM

Oh Aadhavan thaan Madhavan a maariducho...

KSR enya ippadi ellam peru vechu ilasugala thisai thirupareenga....

ajaybaskar
11th March 2010, 01:27 PM

Poor thing! He has gone to Shirdi..

joe
11th March 2010, 01:33 PM

According to my wife ,one of the recent surya movies ,surya's name is madhavan :wink:

Kalyasi
11th March 2010, 01:35 PM

According to my wife ,one of the recent surya movies ,surya's name is madhavan :wink:

Yeah its Aadhavan I guess... ellame tally aaguthu...

kid-glove
11th March 2010, 01:36 PM
Almost hugged Amitabh Bachcan
High five'd Aishwarya rai
Flashed my biceps next to Salman's..

all in Madame Tussauds...

AudazJay
11th March 2010, 01:38 PM

:rotfl2:

Plum
11th March 2010, 01:43 PM

madame tussaud'sla-nA edhukku Amitapukku hug? Aishwaryukku only hi-five?
(unga mEla oru inqiuriy pOdaNum - no offence meant - :lol:)

Plum
11th March 2010, 01:44 PM
surya - madhavan ( don't know why he call surya as madhavan )

Agni N Vijayakumar
To Gautam: "unnaiya kArthiknum avanai gauthamnum En maathi maathi kooputEn theriyumA? appoVavadhu nInga othumaiyA irukkIngaLannu dhAn"
Or something like that.

kid-glove
11th March 2010, 01:47 PM

madame tussaud'sla-nA edhukku Amitapukku hug? Aishwaryukku only hi-five?
(unga mEla oru inqiuriy pOdaNum - no offence meant - :lol:)

Figures andha madhiri amainjiruchu...

Roshan
11th March 2010, 01:49 PM

Same with my nephew. He likes Vijay songs and dance. Two weeks ago I called them up and he was not coming to the phone. And my sister in law said "thalaila oru mundaasu kattitittu - DVD-la vEttaikaaran song pOttu - TV-ku munnAdi ninnu antha maathiri aada try paNNittu irukkaan". And she said he gets really annoyed if some one disturbs him when he is into dancing. He is 4+. pOkkiri releast timela - he was trying few steps from the pOkkiri pongal sequence.

mexicomeat
11th March 2010, 01:50 PM
Had the pleasure of sitting next to actress heera in a flight from chennai to malaysia in feb 2001.

avven
11th March 2010, 01:50 PM

hulk kitta kaatulaiya :huh: :mrgreen:

kid-glove
11th March 2010, 01:54 PM

Sure did :D

Shrek-oda tummy-to-tummy hug... :lol:

Kambar_Kannagi
11th March 2010, 01:55 PM
Had the pleasure of sitting next to actress heera in a flight from chennai to malaysia in feb 2001.

Did u speak anything to her? :)

avven
11th March 2010, 02:00 PM

Sure did :D

Shrek-oda tummy-to-tummy hug... :lol:

haanga irukira dark room la pokumbothu 2 foreign figures scare-aayei enna pudichikitanga avagaluku naadula safe fa veliyei vanthutean :mrgreen: ..ungaluku ippadi oru experience haanga nadathucha :roll:

obama than super haanga :thumbsup:

groucho070
11th March 2010, 02:13 PM

Did u speak anything to her? :)Yeah, like asking her what she was doing in Malaysia :P :twisted:

Kambar_Kannagi
11th March 2010, 02:15 PM

Did u speak anything to her? :)Yeah, like asking her what she was doing in Malaysia :P :twisted:

சும்மா, KLCC பார்க்க வந்துருப்பாங்க :P

viraajan
11th March 2010, 02:32 PM
> Saw thalaivar Rajni at a 10ft distance in Dhanush's reception. From distance, saw Vikram, Kalaignar and of course Amitab sir :cool:

> Director Vasanth kooda oru photo :cool:

> Chinmai ku oru hai sonnen :cool:

littlemaster1982
11th March 2010, 02:34 PM

In her blog :huh:

19thmay
11th March 2010, 02:42 PM
Chennai-la oru 12 varusham irrundhadhunala neraya per-a paathruken.

Ennoda pazhaya office-ku pakkathula Devi Sridevi preview theatre irrundhadhunaala neraya per varuvaanga.

* Saw Sundarrajan and spoke with him for few minutes.

* R.V.Udhayakumar full mappula car-a theeripikitu andhra club-a vittu velila vandhaaru. Seigaiyala velila pan shop vachrundhavan-ta dhum packet ketaaru. Then he saw me and so I smiled, but reaction-ey illa. :twisted:

* Naanum en friend-um oru 4 years back Namitha-va paathom in Mount Road - Sony showroom. She is.... yabba!!!! :shock: :shock:
Ennatha pesuradhunu summa irrundhutten, en friend poi "You are beautiful"-nu sonnaan, she laughed. :roll:

* Saw Sneha, Priyamani, Trisha @ Green Park for three different occasions.

* Saw Madhavan during 'Run' shooting. We all played cricket in a ground @ Porur, appo angga thaan oru set pottu yedho eduthukittu irrundhanga. He saw us and waved his hand. Oru payalum madhikala :lol:

* Kadasiya met Solomon Paapayya and Raja in Paandian express. Raja-ta konja neram pesittu irrundhen. Next morning Madurai-la Paapaya-ku good morning sonnen! :)

leosimha
11th March 2010, 02:45 PM
Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan came to my uncle's house during Jallikattu shooting. Shook hands with him. Very Very Jovial and Nice person. Gem of a PERSON.

Kamal Hassan came to my uncle's house during Vikram shooting. Again Gem of a PERSON.

:) :D

Kambar_Kannagi
11th March 2010, 02:46 PM
* Naanum en friend-um oru 4 years back Namitha-va paathom in Mount Road - Sony showroom. She is.... yabba!!!! :shock: :shock:

Enna reaction ithu... Konjam thelivaa sollunggaO... :P

19thmay
11th March 2010, 02:47 PM
Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan came to my uncle's house during Jallikattu shooting. Shook hands with him. Very Very Jovial and Nice person. Gem of a PERSON.

Kamal Hassan came to my uncle's house during Vikram shooting. Again Gem of a PERSON.

Who is your uncle?

19thmay
11th March 2010, 02:47 PM

Engga aarambichu eppadi paathu mudikiradhune therila!

joe
11th March 2010, 02:48 PM

SathiyaRaj unga uncle-a? :)

joe
11th March 2010, 02:49 PM

Plum
11th March 2010, 02:49 PM

Ravi Shastri: That's a massive one!

viraajan
11th March 2010, 03:09 PM

In her blog :huh:

Nope. In Hotel Kailash Prabhat in Chetpet :P

Aalavanthan
11th March 2010, 03:24 PM
2004 I think.... Me and my friend ...just a usual casual visit to my brother's office (who is the associate to AS LakshmiNarayanan) and the helper asked me to wait in the reception as there was an important dubbing going on in the theatre.... Dubbing mudinji veliya oruthar orutharaa vandhaanga.. Mudhalla Abishek vandhaaru.. Dubai Sheikh madhiri fullaa cover pannaama, oru arai kai banniyan (size theriyala) and a jean.. didnt bother to meet him... Aduthu vandhudhu oru puyal.. A normal horizontally striped loose T-shirt, a faded traditional blue jeans .. with a french beard shaded with grey color here and there..

I couldnt stand my legs.. the heart rate shot upto 150 as they show in the Channel 9 during Aussie cricket matches... Excitement that I have seen one of the finest persons in the Tamil film industry and ullukulla edho figure-a kiss adichi parents kita maatina madhiri oru bayam ... Pulled my composure together and asked my brother to introduce me to him. Avarum sonnaar.. Naanum hi sonnaen. "unga padangal ellam sooper" nu naan mokai podala.. luckily I had the camcorder and requested for a picture.. avarum OK nu solli.. We took a picture.. Me.. him...my friend..

6'2" vaagiya naan, 5'6" avar pakkathula nikkardhuku oru madhiri irundhuchu.. So naanum photo ku lightaa guninji oru 5'8" range la iranginaen.. Avarum lightaa.. illae nallavae sirichaar .. Avar padangalla comedy illaatiyum, ippadi oru manidharai sirikka vecchaenra perumaiyila vidai petrEn.. anniki night ellaam thoongala..

Dinesh84
11th March 2010, 03:31 PM
Saw Danush in "Thulluvatho ilamai" Shooting.. appo avan yarunae theriyala.. etho Mega serial shooting nu nenachom.. :lol:

Met Jyothika in a plaza.. said hai to her and her kid.. to which the kid responded with a smile.. so cute.. :)

Met Srikanth and Sonia Agarwal in a shooting.. 'sathurangam' film name.. aana innum release aagalai.. Srikanth over peter.. :x sonia was very jovial.. :)

Plum
11th March 2010, 03:34 PM
2004 I think.... Me and my friend ...just a usual casual visit to my brother's office (who is the associate to AS LakshmiNarayanan) and the helper asked me to wait in the reception as there was an important dubbing going on in the theatre.... Dubbing mudinji veliya oruthar orutharaa vandhaanga.. Mudhalla Abishek vandhaaru.. Dubai Sheikh madhiri fullaa cover pannaama, oru arai kai banniyan (size theriyala) and a jean.. didnt bother to meet him... Aduthu vandhudhu oru puyal.. A normal horizontally striped loose T-shirt, a faded traditional blue jeans .. with a french beard shaded with grey color here and there..

I couldnt stand my legs.. the heart rate shot upto 150 as they show in the Channel 9 during Aussie cricket matches... Excitement that I have seen one of the finest persons in the Tamil film industry and ullukulla edho figure-a kiss adichi parents kita maatina madhiri oru bayam ... Pulled my composure together and asked my brother to introduce me to him. Avarum sonnaar.. Naanum hi sonnaen. "unga padangal ellam sooper" nu naan mokai podala.. luckily I had the camcorder and requested for a picture.. avarum OK nu solli.. We took a picture.. Me.. him...my friend..

6'2" vaagiya naan, 5'6" avar pakkathula nikkardhuku oru madhiri irundhuchu.. So naanum photo ku lightaa guninji oru 5'8" range la iranginaen.. Avarum lightaa.. illae nallavae sirichaar .. Avar padangalla comedy illaatiyum, ippadi oru manidharai sirikka vecchaenra perumaiyila vidai petrEn.. anniki night ellaam thoongala..

muniratnam?

Aalavanthan
11th March 2010, 03:54 PM
Yeah.. too many spoilers there.. Abishek.. French grey beard... No comedy (as such) in his films..

PARAMASHIVAN
11th March 2010, 03:59 PM
Ramarajan - Used to be our next door neighbour between 2002-2005. While I was away, was told that he moved back to his hometown somewhere near Madurai/Dindugul area. Have spoken to him several times whenever I was in town. Very simple, down to earth person. Unfortunately, his fortune took a complete "U turn" after losing his MP post. Truly sad, it is. :(

:lol2:

Aalavanthan
11th March 2010, 04:00 PM
G Vasanthabalan.. during his veyil movie.. had a chance to be with him during a mixing session.. a calm guy.. romba pesa mataar.. (mic irundhaa matum thaan pesuvaar pola.. I still remember that speech from him with all praise on Shankar during Vijay? Filmfare?? for his veyil) .. He wanted to be so perfectionist that he made my brother to go to Madurai and to get the actual sounds from the village..

Now GVB has chosen a different audiographer for his next movie Angaadi theru.. semma kaandula irukaar enga annan.. ivvalavu pannadhugapuram indha aal vera oruthar kita poyitaaru :lol:

Siddharth - not during his popular days but during his "no-idea-who-this-guy-is" days.. Kannathil Muthamitaal movie.. he was the assistant to Mani sir.. He just came to the theatre to hand over the cassettes for the movie for the post production.. appo meet panninaen.. appO romba nallavar .. Not sure whether you guys have spotted him in Kannathil Muthamitaal though.. He was seated as one of the passengers in the bus scene..

ajaybaskar
11th March 2010, 04:01 PM
Me and my wife watched 'Thiru thiru Thuru Thuru' in Sathyam. When we came out of the hall, Ajmal was standing outside and was checking ppl's reactions. Nobody cared to speak or greet him. Suddenly one lady identified him and loudy told her kid 'Dei, Indha padathu hero da'. Adha ketteavudane Ajmal panna bandhaava paarkanumae.. Kaana kann kodi vendum..

Wonder why these newbies show so much attitide when ppl like RK or KH are down to earth!!!

Plum
11th March 2010, 04:04 PM
AV, modhalla "arai kai baniyan"-nu ellAm pArthuvunE, I thought namma mOgamUll Apisek :lol:. apram french beard, grey adhellAm parthavuNE dhAn pachannu uraichudhu pachan-nu. Initially, I thought grey beard was Pachan Sr. then directornu purinjavuNE, muni-saar-nu purinji pOchu!

Aalavanthan
11th March 2010, 04:11 PM
I was told.. Abishek couldnt withstand the chennai heat and adhanaala thaan avar araikai baniyan pottutu irundhaar..

Me to Me: dubbing hall-a AC thaanae irundhuchu :huh: ..

Nalla 6'4" irupaannu nenaikiraen.. namma Kaifullaa door open panni vara madhiri.. guninji nimindhu veliya vandhaan :lol: .. kooda oru lady assistant to help him with the dialogues..

leosimha
11th March 2010, 04:15 PM

I don't have any film backgrounds.... :) :D

Aalavanthan
11th March 2010, 04:19 PM

I don't have any film backgrounds.... :) :D

appO unga uncle veedu romba perusaa irundhirukkanum .. and avar shhootingkaaga vittirupaar .. correeta ?

leosimha
11th March 2010, 04:21 PM
aalavanthan bro, no no... not like that also :)

PARAMASHIVAN
11th March 2010, 04:28 PM

sabbaaa :rotfl: enOda biceps avoroda biceps vida perUsu :notworthy:

hattori_hanzo
11th March 2010, 04:36 PM
caught a glimpse of Shobana as she got into her car outside Marvel Cards(RK Salai), 10 mins back. She must be near Gemini flyover now. Cream coloured Chudidhar, with the dupatta, from her shoulders tied around her hips. Looked fair and very watchable.

Saw Kasturi at Landmark on Sunday. She was busy browsing the books in Sci-Fi stand. PuliThol madhiri oru tops & Mini skirt.

PARAMASHIVAN
11th March 2010, 04:39 PM
caught a glimpse of Shobana as she got into her car outside Marvel Cards(RK Salai), 10 mins back. She must be near Gemini flyover now. Cream coloured Chudidhar, with the dupatta, from her shoulders tied around her hips. Looked fair and very watchable.

Saw Kasturi at Landmark on Sunday. She was busy browsing the books in Sci-Fi stand. PuliThol madhiri oru tops & Mini skirt.

:notworthy:

Aalavanthan
11th March 2010, 04:40 PM

rightu vidunga

ajaybaskar
11th March 2010, 04:51 PM

rightu vidunga

Romba uthu paaturukaapla.... :D

PARAMASHIVAN
11th March 2010, 04:56 PM
2 naala 146 posts 10 pages.. interesting

hattori_hanzo
11th March 2010, 05:00 PM

rightu vidunga

Romba uthu paaturukaapla.... :D

:noteeth:

Aalavanthan
11th March 2010, 05:03 PM
Ajay.. yaya adha thaan jolraen.. glimpse nu sollitu avar lip varaikkum paathirukaar :lol: ennaa villathanam

PARAMASHIVAN
11th March 2010, 05:07 PM
Ajay.. yaya adha thaan jolraen.. glimpse nu sollitu avar lip varaikkum paathirukaar :lol: ennaa villathanam

ada avAr thanoda kadamayai thaaNe sEithar :lol2:

ajaybaskar
11th March 2010, 05:08 PM
Nammaalunga kizhavikala kooda viduradhilla...

P_R
11th March 2010, 05:10 PM
She must be near Gemini flyover now. :rotfl:
என்னங்க VIP security communication மாதிரி சொல்றீங்க

Saw Kasturi at Landmark on Sunday. அவிஞ ஒரு புத்திசாலி. Mastermind QF-வரைக்கும் வந்து bulb வாங்கியிருக்காங்க.

hattori_hanzo
11th March 2010, 05:11 PM

dhoorathulerndhu lip theriyala...naan lip'na sonnen? :?

hattori_hanzo
11th March 2010, 05:14 PM

dressa thaanenga vivarichen. yedho Balathkaram pannina madhiri sonreenga? :twisted:

Aalavanthan
11th March 2010, 05:14 PM

oru kOrvaikku :oops: .. glimpse kku lip thaan varudhu :D

AB..

technical doubt.. neenga kezhavi nu sonadhu Shobanavaiya illae Kasthuriyaiya

PARAMASHIVAN
11th March 2010, 05:19 PM

neenga enNa Shobana kizhavi nu solreengala :twisted:

:lol2:

Avanga nalla azhagathanE irukuanga :)

hattori_hanzo
11th March 2010, 05:21 PM
She must be near Gemini flyover now. :rotfl:
என்னங்க VIP security communication மாதிரி சொல்றீங்க

Saw Kasturi at Landmark on Sunday. அவிஞ ஒரு புத்திசாலி. Mastermind QF-வரைக்கும் வந்து bulb வாங்கியிருக்காங்க.

Yeah i remember seeing that show, 5-6 yrs back. She chose South Indian cinema as her subject, isn't it?

ajaybaskar
11th March 2010, 05:43 PM

oru kOrvaikku :oops: .. glimpse kku lip thaan varudhu :D

AB..

technical doubt.. neenga kezhavi nu sonadhu Shobanavaiya illae Kasthuriyaiya

2 peraiyumthaan.. :D

PARAMASHIVAN
11th March 2010, 05:48 PM
AJay

Shobana still looks great for her age though, she must be between 40 - 45 now??

19thmay
11th March 2010, 05:51 PM
Also I saw Anjadhe first day first show at Satyam. Padam aarambichu oru 10 minutes kazhichu thaan irutula ulla ponen. Interval-la light ellam on panni pathaa Director Agathiyan was sitting next to me, avaru pakkathula Vijayalakshmi and her sister. Surprise-a irruke-nu munnadi etti paatha Prasanna thirumbi paathaapla. Rendu row thalli Gyani ukkandhirundhaar. Surprise Surprise!! :P

After the movie Prasanna was standing outside, naan poi kai koduthu nalla pannininga Prasanna-nu sonnen. :wink:

P_R
11th March 2010, 06:06 PM
Saw Kasturi at Landmark on Sunday. அவிஞ ஒரு புத்திசாலி. Mastermind QF-வரைக்கும் வந்து bulb வாங்கியிருக்காங்க.Yeah i remember seeing that show, 5-6 yrs back. She chose South Indian cinema as her subject, isn't it? The round she lost her choice was Nobel winning economists. But total damage :lol2:

In an earlier round IIRC she chose films of K.Balachander

mnaren555
11th March 2010, 06:07 PM
ILAYA THALAPATHI VIJAY during sachien movie poojai.

AJITH, VIKRAM, SNEHA, SARATHKUMAR, VADIVEL, PRAKASH RAJ, NANTHA, KIRAN, SANTHANAM, KANJA KARUPPU, DHARANI, DHANU(PRODUCER), SIMBU, VEDHIKA, VIGNESH, NAZAR, MANORAMA, NAMBIYAR, NAGESH. ivangala ellaam shooting ku enga area vantha pothu paathathu.

Missed to see Rajni wen he came shoot for muthu movie. naanga poana pothu doop vachi eduthutu irunthanga thalaivar varala :oops:

ajaybaskar
11th March 2010, 06:11 PM
AJay

Theriyala PS.. I am just 28. Ennoda teenagela Kushboothan Kanavukanni..

BTW, Shobana indha thread paartha romba santhoshapaduvaanga...

PARAMASHIVAN
11th March 2010, 06:14 PM
AJay

Theriyala PS.. I am just 28. Ennoda teenagela Kushboothan Kanavukanni..

BTW, Shobana indha thread paartha romba santhoshapaduvaanga...

Ellam varusham 16 effect :lol2:

P_R
11th March 2010, 06:14 PM
Ahn...I am also Kuspu.
At Jackpot :oops:

raghavendran
11th March 2010, 06:58 PM
met almost every1 except ajith and rajni.....share 1 incident with maddy in 2001 in radisson hotel...where i spoke with him for half an hour....such a cool guy...he introduced his pet dogs to me also... 8-)

19thmay
11th March 2010, 07:00 PM
met almost every1 except ajith and rajni.....share 1 incident with maddy in 2001 in radisson hotel...where i spoke with him for half an hour....such a cool guy...he introduced his pet dogs to me also... 8-)

:oops2:

raghavendran
11th March 2010, 07:06 PM

2 dogs wre in his car....almost en height irundhange appo

PARAMASHIVAN
11th March 2010, 07:37 PM

2 dogs wre in his car....almost en height irundhange appo

Neenga enNum valaraliya :lol2:

PARAMASHIVAN
11th March 2010, 07:39 PM
Ahn...I am also Kuspu.

ave ippo 36 vayasu aunty aiche :lol2:

Avadi to America
11th March 2010, 07:51 PM

Nerula parthathu-nna kitta thatta ellorum - at one stage - NT chevalie function ,presided by Jayalalitha and punch speech by Rajini :)

Joe,

appadiyenna rajini pesanappla.... i totally forgot it.....

Madhu Sree
11th March 2010, 08:03 PM
1. Hv seen actress uma (Daughter of popular actress of yesteryear Sumithra) @Satyam sitting behind me while watching , ummm endha movie :think:, aaang, 'priyasaki'. she came in Red knee kurthi + Light blue jeans, in person she is more prettier :D

2. Then, actress Vijayalakshmi (chennai 28 fame :lol2: ) @Satyam, nerla innum kevalamaa irundhaanga :rotfl:

3. @Mayajaal, Music director D.Iman, tht day he came with his wife and his friend I think. :roll:

4. :think: appram again @Satyam, Met Ajay Kapoor (Kolangal adhi) in lift, before getting into the lift he was asking me whether the lift is going up :lol2: he came with his wife

5. Met Shyam in GRT Grand days, adha pathi hub la kooda poten few months before :lol2:

6. Swarnamaalya @Mayajaal :P she came up with 3 ladies, onnu avanga ammaaanu nenaikkuren :?

7. Singer Haricharan came with a big group of his friends @mayajaal. :D

8. Jeans moviela, S.Ve.Shekarkku wifeaa varuvaangale, she even did a short role in Ayan, saw her in Cream Center.

9. Same evening @Cream center, saw singer shubha, I was hvin Dum biriyani, at tht time she came out carrying a big box, that server who was attending my table, went n helped her by opening the door for her as she was carrying that box, she said 'Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuu' :D

Vera gnabagam vandhaa update panren :D

Nerd
11th March 2010, 08:10 PM
Ahn...I am also Kuspu.
You were a participant?

PARAMASHIVAN
11th March 2010, 08:11 PM
2. Then, actress Vijayalakshmi (chennai 28 fame :lol2: ) @Satyam, nerla innum kevalamaa irundhaanga :rotfl:

Konjum mathavangala 'respect' panni pesina nalla irukum :)

Madhu Sree
11th March 2010, 08:13 PM

:roll: 'nga' potu thaane sonen ava ivanu yEga vasanathula pesala, it was my view... :huh: en postla edhuvum thappu illanu nenaikkuren :)

VENKIRAJA
11th March 2010, 08:14 PM
Kamal/Asin: Dasa shooting(Mukundha Mukundha) . Nothing much.. mile neela queue-la vaalai pidichikittu ninnen

Vijay: His kalayana mandapam is in porur.. bhagavadhi nerathula inaugurate panna vandhirundhar.. appo paarthadhu

Nasser: Years ago in a resturaunt. Was even talking to him. Very friendly person. Saw him in Kanchipuram Saravana Bhavan few weeks ago.

Jai: Mayajaal when we went for AO 2nd time. kaamedy-a irundhaaru.. mudi ellam uttu :rotfl2:

Vaibhav: In his car, ECR. Whistle adichikittu overtake panni poitaaru

Simbu: Area pakkam thagaraaru panni adi vaanginappa :lol2: sema adi.. moonji ellam odanjiruchu.. idhu dhaan highlight.. neraya dhadava parthachu

TR/Usha: In TR film gardens, Porur very often. ella paatum inga dhAn set pOttu edupaanga.. ayya dhaan designer :lol:

Anuradha Sriram: In chennai trade centre.. simple-a irundhaanga... remba kullam.. enna vidave short.. shoulder level kooda illa! :P

Vadivelu, Vivek, side comedians (most of them)

Lollu Sabha: Mos of Lollu Sabha epsiodes were filmed in and around Porur only. Familiar faces.. school-lerndhu cycle-la varrache paarpom

Radhika/Yuvarani/Sivakumar - Chithi shooting. Those houses are in our area, again.

'Boys' Thaman - Pondy Bazaar Nike showroom-la shopping pannappa paarthadhu

Suganya, Swarnamalya, Sreeman, Anandharaj... apdiye road-la paarthadundu...

PARAMASHIVAN
11th March 2010, 08:16 PM

:roll: 'nga' potu thaane sonen ava ivanu yEga vasanathula pesala, it was my view... :huh: en postla edhuvum thappu illanu nenaikkuren :)

No worries :)

Plum
11th March 2010, 08:19 PM
Adhu sari!
(Ava 36 year old aunty-nnu romba respectful-a yaaro sonnadha gnabagam :rotfl:)

NOV
11th March 2010, 08:20 PM
Have met quite a number of stars, but after reading throught some of the posts here, I got reminded of the time I met Ilaiyaraja. It was 12 years ago and I was an active participant in TFM Page - the percussor for The Hub. :lol2:

Took a letter from TFMers and passed it to IR and posted the experiences in TFM Page.

I will reproduce them for your reading pleasure. (They are quite long, so please bear with me.) :)

IR was in Malaysia to launch his book of poems, Vazhi Thunai.

Madhu Sree
11th March 2010, 08:22 PM
Adhu sari!

:rotfl: :thumbsup:

NOV
11th March 2010, 08:23 PM
From: NOV (@ 202.184.134.10) on: Wed May 27 22:57:21 EDT 1998

Introduction

Friends - pelase bear with me as I take you on a long winded journey through my experience with Ilayaraja in person. My purpose in doing it is to recreate my moments of excitement as well as to put all of you in the same frame of mind. :-))

Do not miss reading any of my writings (by simply scanning through them) as you will miss many interesting tidbits. Further, if I can take the trouble to write them, why shouldn't you - to read them? Koabam veindam - nann innum mayakkaththilthaan irukkirein. :-))

Pre Programme Mood

With much anticipation and a little doubt (whether IR will really turn up) I stepped into the hall with my wife. We were drowned with IR's gambira voice from his Geethanjali album (the devotional - not the Murali starrer). Strangely enough, although I've always felt that the album was depressing, last night, it filled me with a sense of anticipation and preparation for things to come. :-))

We were there very early, before 7 pm, skipping dinner, not wanting to miss getting good seatings. Well, I managed to entrench myself three rows fdrom the front, smack in the centre, and later discovered that I was on eye-level with Isaignani. :-))
We were quite apprehensive on what time the programme will begin, as it is a known fact that in typical Indian (Malaysian) fashion, programmes can even start an hour late. My wife who has gastric problems, also joined in my enthusiasm by declining to have any meals. But we were in for a surprise!

At exactly 7.45 pm, the maestro walked in surrounded by VIPs and other celebrities! The hall was bursting with applause and everyone gave him a standing ovation. Maestro clasped his hand and from top to the bottom, payed his respects to the overflowing crowd. Surprise, surprise, he was accompanied by his wife and guess what, Bhavatharani. :-)))

NOV
11th March 2010, 08:25 PM
From: NOV (@ 202.184.134.10) on: Thu May 28 00:12:07 EDT 1998

Formalities

The compere for the evening was Maidee Sultan, ex-DJ of Radio 6. He is a seasoned emcee as well as a good kavignar. The evening began with a vaazhththu paadal on Ambal (appropriately - as the chosen deity of Isaignani) by Mrs. Premalatha Manee Mohan. Manee Mohan is the organiser of the event.

Maidee Sultan began the programme, saying that Malaysia is honoured to play hosts to Isaignani again. "Appothellaam, namakku mariaatheithaan irunthathu, ippozhuthu ungal varugeiyei enni baya-bakthiyoadu ethirpaarththu kondirunthoam. Yeinendraal neengal oru anu-vallarasilirunthu vanthirukkureergal!" (I don't know whether I got the spelling correct, but he was refering to the nuclear tests conducted by India recently).
The entire evening was sprinkled with such witticism. :-))

Isaignani in his speech later said, "Sultan endraal Raaja" and pointing to himself, "Raaja endraal Sultan," much to the amusement of the crowd. Maidee Sultan was not to be outwitted and replied, "Raaja Raajathan!"

The next programme was the garlanding event. I believe a faux-paux was created by garlanding the Minister before Isaignani, to which even the Minister protested. But the consolation was that Isaignani was garlanded at least five times besides the ponnaadai poaththuthal.

Speeches

Mr. V. Muthusamy, Inspector of Police made a brief welcoming speech on behalf of the organisers.

The next speaker was Kavignar Arivumathi from India. He looked like a guy of our age (in the 30s). I guess I got irritated, when he came on to the stage wearing slippers (with pants & shirt). At the podium, he looked up at the crowd silently for at least 20 seconds, and then said, "Anthe mounamthan Isaignani!" to a roaring applause from the crowd. :-))

With his commanding voice and powerful command of Thamizh, I quickly forgave him for wearing just slippers. :-))

He continued speaking of Isaignani in glorious terms and spoke of his experiences in working together with him. Arivumathi said that if not for his complexion and being born in Tamilnadu, Isaignani would have reached worldwide acclaim. He also said, "Isaignani Thamizargalukku kidaiththa pokkisham." (Do all these sound familiar? :-))

He refered to Isaignani as his "father" and recalled the time when he had his differences with Isaignani and were not on speaking terms for eight years. He mentioned about his speech in some other function as the cause of this fallout, but did not elaborate. Apparently they bumped into each other on many occasions and Arivumathi would silently say Vanakkam, is spite of not getting a response from Isaignani. They have now mended their differences and Arivumathi has begun writing for Isaignani again. Arivumathi also recounted the time when he was in prison for 27 days for taking part in some demonstration. During that time he wrote a pathos song for his daughter and he proceeded singing it, to the delight of the audience. The song was mesmerising and heart-wretching. Even Isaignani was captivated by it, that he mentioned later in his speech that he only discovered in Malaysia, that Arivumathi could not only write and sing but also compose music. Isaignani also mentioned that Arivumathi can become a successful MD, so watch out for him guys. :-))

NOV
11th March 2010, 08:27 PM
From: NOV (@ 202.184.134.10) on: Thu May 28 01:09:16 EDT 1998

Next to speak was Dr. V. Poobalan, who is the controller of Radio 6. Listeners to this radio will be familiar with his "Ungal Sinthanaikku" five-minute programme every morning and evenings. He is a reknowned kavignar. He began by saying that he felt heavy-hearted, and said only God knows his burden. He continued by saying that the Interview with Isaignani was cancelled. As he was saying this, Isaignani was frantically gesticulating that he was not the cause of the cancellation. :-))

Poobalan continued with the pugazh maalai, with a specially written poem in honour of Isaignani. He also read out excerpts from Isaignani's book "Vazhi Thunai" saying that the work cannot be called puthu kavidhai or marabu kavidhai. "Ithu ethoa oru ragaththil seirnthavei - anubaviththu ezhuthapattirukkindrathu endru nandraaga unarugindroam."
(Guys - do you want me to write excerpts of the book - will be a bit difficult and time-consuming for me.)

The next speaker was a surprise. He had just flown in hours before and was not expected - Kavignar Mu Mehta!
"Isaignani oru pournami" he began. "Pournami enna karuppaaga irukkindrathu endru paarkareergalaa?" endru nakkalaaga keitaar, to the audience's laughter. "Intha pournami velichaththei tharugindrathu!" :-)))

Mu Mehtha continued of his experiences dealing with Isaignani and recounted the time he wrote songs for him in Siraichaalai. He also recalled the time when he wrote a song in Poomani, Yen paattu yen paattu. "Athu yen paattu thaanayya!" he continued! But apparently after writing the song, he stopped to listen to the recording. Isaignani himself sang the song but on recording, he had changed the lyrics - giving the song a greater impact. This incident took Mehta by complete surprise and earned Isaignani his respect.

Mu Mehta also said that Isaignani was solely responsible for Tamil youths abandoning anniya songs for Tamil songs. The rest of what he said is too racist, that I won't mention it here.

Dr. A. Ravindran of the Tamil Nadu Foundation, New Jersey, USA was the next speaker. Apparently he works in Boston (Udaney Bhaskar ninaipputhaan vanthathu. :-))

He began by saying that he was not an eloquent speaker like those before him (He was right - he wasn't, at least in Tamil!) He praised Isaignani for making the US Tamil children curious about Tamil songs, and begin speaking in Tamil. He also made a joke about Isaignani's song Kavalai padathei manitha (Is there such a song? I hope he was not refering to Deva's KP Sagoathara!) which the US kids were translating as Don't worry be happy. Apparently it was Isaignani who paved the way for other MDs into the US.

PARAMASHIVAN
11th March 2010, 08:30 PM
Adhu sari!

Sl thamizh la ava na TN thamizh avanga nu solra mathiri, ithulle enna siripu

NOV
11th March 2010, 08:31 PM
From: NOV (@ 202.184.134.10) on: Thu May 28 03:45:40 EDT 1998

Interlude

I think that it's about time I said a little about the book Vazhi Thunai.

1. The cover of the invitation card was nothing but a reproduction of the back cover of the book. No wonder it was impressive.

2. The book is horizontal and is of very high quality print. Size is about 9 (width) by 5.5 inches. The cover is white with a colour potrait of Isaignani's face merging into a picture of an harmonium board with a young, naked boy walking towards the horizon. Both the boy and the harmonium board are in sepia tones. Very tasteful and elegant. The content pages are not simili or art paper but textured (probably recycled) paper.

3. The credits are:
Muthal achchu - Viyarvei thingal 1998 (What does that mean?)
Veliyittu muyarchi - Manee Mohan, Malaysia
M. Radhakrishnan, Thanga maaligai, Kallakurichi, Vizhuppuram, Tamil Nadu
Kanipori achchu - Bharathan
Kidaikumidam - Saaral Veliyidu, Arivumathi, 73, Abibullah Saalai, Thyagaraayar Nagar, Chennai 600 017, Tel: 8283319

4. The illustrations are by: Actor Sivakumar, Aathimoolam, Santhanam, etc. One is also done by Isaignani himself. The book says that he is a Oaviakalluri Maanavar.

5. Did you know that the book is compiled by Arivumathi. Yes, Noolakkam by Arivumathi. According to him, this was his life-time ambition.

6. Appreciation is given to Kumudham (!!!), Mu Metha, S. Thanu, Gangai Amaran, Lenin, Indran, Pazhani Bharathi, Vaasan, Shankar, Devaneyan, and Radhakrishnan.

Here is part of Isaignani's Munnurai:

Intha ulagirkkoa - athil vaazhum manitha inaththirkkoa - ethaavathu arivurai koori avargalei nanneri paduththum ennamum, munaippum enakku ellalavum illai.
Manithargalei nanneri paduththuthal patri ezhuthumpoathu, avargal sariyaaga illai endru - naan velippaduththuvathaaga neengal ennalaam.
Ovvoru manithanum - kaanum ulagam veiruveiraaga iruppathuthaan anupavarethiyaana unmai. Paarppatharkku orey maathiriyaaga thoatramalikkum ulagam yein ovvoruvaraalum viththyasamaanathaanaga uraippada veindum?
Vanna kannadiyei kannil aninthukondu entha porulei paarththaalum apporul kannadiyin niraththileiyei kaanapaduvathu poal - manithanin mana amaippei ulagaththin meethu padinthu avanavanin manam amaintha niraththil kaatchi alikirathu.
Aam, manamey kannadi........

Madhu Sree
Adhu sari!

Sl thamizh la ava na TN thamizh avanga nu solra mathiri, ithulle enna siripu

no samaalippu :notthatway: :poke:

ok ok leave it :P

app_engine
Saw YG Mahendran

மறந்தே போய்ட்டேன், இவரையும் நேரில் பாத்திருக்கேன், திருச்சி அரிஸ்டோ ஹோட்டல் பார்க்கிங்'ல்.

நாடகம் என்றவுடன், சொல்ல மறந்து போன இன்னொரு ஜாம்பவான் நினைவுக்கு வந்தார் - ஆர்.எஸ். மனோகர்! விருதுநகர், சிவகாசி, அருப்புக்கோட்டை, சாத்தூர், கோவில்பட்டி - இது போன்ற மதுரைக்குத்தெற்கே இருக்கும் நகரங்களில் வருடா வருடம் வேனல் காலத்தில் "பொருக்காச்சி" நடக்கும் (எக்ஸிபிஷன்).

இவரது நாடகங்கள் நிறைய அப்போது பார்த்திருக்கிறேன் - துரியோதனன், ஒட்டக்கூத்தர், சூரபத்மன், இலங்கேஸ்வரன், விஸ்வாமித்திரர் - உடனே நினைவுக்கு வரும் நாடகங்கள்!

app_engine
11th March 2010, 08:34 PM
Artists I had atleast a word with... Naser .

சொல்ல மறந்து போன இன்னொருத்தர் - மெட்ராஸில் ஒரு விப்ரோ ப்ரிண்டர் எக்ஸிபிஷனுக்கு மனைவி சகிதம் வந்து சுற்றிப்பார்த்துக்கொண்டிருந்தார் - நானும் என் சக ஊழியரும் அதே போல் சுற்றிப்பார்த்துக்கொண்டிருந்ததால் பார்க்க நேர்ந்தது :-)

NOV
11th March 2010, 08:35 PM
From: NOV (@ 202.184.134.10) on: Thu May 28 04:43:51 EDT 1998

Book Launch

The Keynote address and Book Launch was made by Dato' Seri Dr. Samy Vellu, MIC President and Minister of Works, Malaysia
Samy Vellu is to Malaysia what Karunanidhi is to India - leader of the Tamils. Dato' Seri is a pattam given by the Malay rulers and is the third highest order. MIC stands for Malaysian Indian Congress, one of the main members of the ruling coalition party.

Samy Vellu began his speech by saying, "Puthusaa vanthirukku oru paattu, Telephone mani, telephone mani (he had the grace to get the words wrong. :-)) athu maathiri intha auditorium ulley pala hand-phones-in saththam keitgirathu. Yennidamum ullathu moondru hand-phones!" He went on to give a short lecture. :-))

He then said that he was from the old school of thought and proceeded to sing two old G. Ramanathan numbers. Honestly folks, I have no idea of the songs. But Isaignani was enjoying himself, and was moving his right hand in rythm to Samy's singing.
Samy then continued by saying that as a politician for 23.5 hours, he is unhappy and only happy for half an hour a day! Even when he goes to sleep the radio is switched on, listening to Isaignani's songs and the minute somebody switches it off, he wakes up. :-))

During those unhappy peiods, he used to find solace in Isaignani's song, which he proceeded to sing! Thenpaandi seemaiyiley, therodum veethiyiley, maan poala vanthavanei yaar adithaaro.

Isaignani, later in his speech, commented that Samy had recaptured his own feelings when that song was recorded.
Samy, avar pangukku, pugazhoa pugazha aarambiththaar, comparing Isaignani to Bach, Beethoven, Mozart and the moondru karnaadaga periyavargal. He said that Isaignani may expire, but his music will live on into the next and the following centuries.

Samy also said that if Isaignani had been born in UK, he would be greatly appreciated and his music would be all over the world. "Aanaal avar Thamizhagaththil piranthuvittaar, thurathishttamaaga!" He continued, "Yeinendraal, Thamizhargalidam oru kuraipaadu iruukirathu - short memory span," earning instant thunderous applause.

He too quoted several paragraphs from Isaignani's book, but also regretted lending the book to Dr. Poobalan, who beat him in using the best quotes. "Itharkku innaattil oru pazhamozhi irukku: Kaathirunthaven ...... neththuvanthaven...!" :-)))

One of the best loved quotations was on bribery - lanjam:

Tharmam enbatharkku lanjam endru oar unmaiyaana arththam irukkirathu.
Oru kaariyaththei seithu mudippatharkkaaga oruvarukku kodukkapadum porullukku peyer lanjam endraal.
Punniyam enbathai adaivatharkkaaga kodukkum tharmam - oru lanjamey!
Yeitho oru veindukoalai naam vanangum theivam (iraivan) niraiveitri vittathu enbatharkkaaga naam undiyil seluththum kaanikkai - oru lanjamey!

Samy Vellu then officially launched the book and the first receipient paid 3,000 ringgit to purchase the book. All donors were then requested to come on stage to obtain the book!

my experiences, next

NOV
11th March 2010, 08:37 PM
From: NOV (@ 202.184.134.10) on: Thu May 28 04:50:38 EDT 1998

I forgot to mention one episode that Samy recounted. Apparently one day he was going at the fastest speed, the speed limit would allow, when he had a guy overtake him. Samy then showed him the "paththram" sign, whereupon the guy rolled down his window and said sorry. Samy could hear the guy's radio blasting Isaignani's song. "Avar Isaignaniyin mayakkaththil veigamaaga sendru kondirunthaar. Atharkku avar poruppei illei endru vittu vittein." :-))

NOV
11th March 2010, 08:39 PM
From: NOV (@ 202.184.134.10) on: Thu May 28 05:07:32 EDT 1998

My Experiences

The compere began calling people who made the biggest donation to come first. At first nobody was going to the seated Isaignani to get his autograph, but soon enough people caught on and more and more of them began to approach him. I quickly dashed to stage, clutching the precious envelope containing the message from TFM-DFers as written by Sathiya Keerthi, paid the money, grabbed the book from the Minister and approached Isaignani!

By then the crowd was getting to be too big that the organisers feared for the safety of the stage! Before I could reach Isaignani, they stopped people from getting his autograph and told them to be patient, and that he would sign at the end of the nigalchchi. The thought of the hopeful TFM-DF patrons, wouldn't let me give up and I pressed on, until I reached Isaignani! I approached him, passed the letter telling him that it was from many of his fans, worldwide and managed physical contact with him. :D :D :D

Isaignani smiled and nodded his head and passed the letter to Manee Mohan, whom I spoke to separately to seek his assurance that Isaignani would definitely read the letter.

I did not speak to Isaignani about the symphony for a couple of reasons: One because of the mob and secondly, I didn't want to upset him by talking about this subject. :-((
Did I do the right thing? I don't know for sure whether he would have responded, but most likely he would have said something non-committal.

On the way down, I managed to squeeze my way into a line and obtained Bhavatharani's autograph instead. Now the book carries the message: Best wishes Vadi Velu - Bhavatharani! :-))
I think that "All the best" would have been more appropriate. :-))

In the end, Isaignani did not sign any more autographs (and this is going to be my lifetime regret) as he was cleverly escorted away, at the end of the function.

One consolation for all IR fans. Isaignani left behind all the poomaalais, ponnaadais and souvenir items, EXCEPT for OUR letter!!!!!!!!

Isaignani left for India this morning and I couldn't get in touch with Manee Mohan the whole day today, to find out more about the letter.

Isaignani's speech next....

NOV
11th March 2010, 08:41 PM
From: NOV (@ 202.184.134.10) on: Thu May 28 06:06:02 EDT 1998

Yeirppurai by Isaignani Ilayaraaja

The short-statured dark complexioned man stepped on to the podium, to a hushed audience. He was dressed completely in white - veshti, jibba, socks and shoes (not sneakers). He was neither wearing spectacles nor was he (as popularly known here) mottai!

He said that he was very happy to be in Malaysia and promised to come again to conduct a full-scale concert (on the veindukkoal of Samy Vellu). Straight away he began to talk about his book and how it came into being - Arivumathi's contributions, etc. Basically, he had not intended to put his thoughts into words or publish a book, but was persuaded to do so by people close to him.
He said, "Enakkum manithargalukkum athiga thodarvillei. Naan aare-mukkaalukkul Prasad Studios-ukku vanthu viduvein. Pin veedu thirumba iravaagi vidum. Aanaal, enakkum aanmeegatharkkumthaan thodarvu niraya ullathu."
He also spoke on his Ramana Maalai and sang several songs from it, mersmerising the audience.

He spoke very little on TFM. He lamented directors who just come asking for a song, to introduce the heroine, without giving the proper situation. He spoke a bit about his favourite isai amaippaalar, RD Burman. He sang a few thannanathaanaas of one song, which I was not familiar with and another one, which was re-made into Tamil as Raatheiyin nenjamey Kannanukku sonthamey.
"Enakku intha raagam rombavum pidithirunthathu. Eppadiyaavathu oru paadalil use panna vendum endru ninaiththein. Athuthan Maaliyil yaaro," Frankly, I could not see much resemblance, but that is the sheer magic of Isaignani!

I will end this review of the programme with an excerpt from the book:

Boomikku sooriyan vazhi thunai
Sooriyanukku vazhi thunai yaar?
Yaarukku yaar vazhi thunai enbathu
Vazhi thunaiyei kandu kondavan
Solla veindiyathu
Enakkoa intha ulagil naan santhiththa
Ovvoru vishayamum - vazhi thunai thaan!

===============================================

Thanks guys for bearing with me. I hope it was as much fun for you to read it as it was for me to write it. :-)))

Oru periya baaraththai irakki vaiththa nimmathi enakku ippo. :-))

Looking forward to your comments.......

PARAMASHIVAN
11th March 2010, 08:46 PM
Nov anNe,

1998 la ungaluk 12 vayasa :shock:.... alathu 12th standard padichukitu iruntheengala 1998 la

konfuusan :

NOV
11th March 2010, 08:51 PM
1998 la ungaluk 12 vayasa :shock:.... alathu 12th standard padichukitu iruntheengala 1998 laI said that this happened 12 years ago. :P en vayasa paththi naa onnum sollala :oops:

PARAMASHIVAN
11th March 2010, 08:52 PM
1998 la ungaluk 12 vayasa :shock:.... alathu 12th standard padichukitu iruntheengala 1998 laI said that this happened 12 years ago. :P en vayasa paththi naa onnum sollala :oops:

I yaam saary yaar :)

app_engine
11th March 2010, 09:17 PM
Thank you NOV, for the detailed posts!

For some reason, I missed them when they were originally posted...

podaskie
11th March 2010, 09:32 PM
I have seen many celebrities, :?

actor,

nd 1st to see his kamal haasan followed by sarath kumar, ajith,vijay,vikram,surya,arjun,prakeshraj,sibi,nak ul,srikanth,prasanna,karunas,vivek,vadivel,vijayka nth & dhanush

movie~music directors,

ksr,vikramn,shanker,vijay antony,arr,manisharma

actress,

trisha(many times in leather bar),shriya,9thara,kushboo,sandhya,nila,namitha,la ila,jothika,anushka,ranjitha :o ... list goes on.... :P

have interact~ed with some celebrities like vijay,vijay antony,arjun , nila ,shriya(she is the only actress wth down to earth attitude),vikram,dhanush,sibi,nakul,trisha,jothika ......

PARAMASHIVAN
11th March 2010, 09:37 PM
I have seen many celebrities, :?

actor,

nd 1st to see his kamal haasan followed by sarath kumar, ajith,vijay,vikram,surya,arjun,prakeshraj,sibi,nak ul,srikanth,prasanna,karunas,vivek,vadivel,vijayka nth & dhanush

movie~music directors,

ksr,vikramn,shanker,vijay antony,arr,manisharma

actress,

trisha(many times in leather bar),shriya,9thara,kushboo,sandhya,nila,namitha,la ila,jothika,anushka,ranjitha :o ... list goes on.... :P

have interact~ed with some celebrities like vijay,vijay antony,arjun , nila ,shriya(she is the only actress wth down to earth attitude),vikram,dhanush,sibi,nakul,trisha,jothika ......

Trisha :P :P

Avangala muthul padathila paatha mathiriyE ipavum irukanga... :shock:

Oh so u have met anNan VJ huh :lol2:

Shakthiprabha
11th March 2010, 09:37 PM
hey oks...nice thread.

The ppl I am talking about may not be FAMILIAR to many. (and this is nto MET, btu SEEN...as in literal sense)

1. Ive seen KOVAI anuradha, sinec he stays in nanganallore.

2. Seen devilalitha in saidapet busstand. She looked just the same as she was presented in movies or drama.

3. Ive seen "edhir neechal jayanthi's mom " driving her car near ra puram during my morning walk.

4. Ive seen drama venki (crazy mohan drama ), in "drive in" restaurant. Me and my friend just stopped our car to have tea and snacks. We were in our car and venki was in his car and it was my friend who spotted him much later almost when were about to "drive out" lol.

5. Ive seen vaaNi Jayaram, related to us, so attended a close relative's marriage

6. Ive seen actress Gautami, as her brother was my classmate in my computer dip course. So he brought her to our class just to say hi and introduced us. whoaaaaaa she looked like wax doll :bow:

7. Ive seen deepan chakravarthy, he had come to our college as judge.

8. Ive seen crazy mohan and madhu balaji in my cousin's wedding as they are distantly related to us.

thats all i think :? ninaivu vantha ezhutharen.

Plum
11th March 2010, 10:15 PM
Sp, unga list only 80's doordarshan paarthu valarndha balaheenamaana koottam can recognize.
That marriage guest list reminds me that singer radhika(of ilam pani thulir vidum fame) attended my uncle's wedding via the aunt's side, and was made to encore (whaat else) ilam pani several times.also sang tu jo mere sur. Mein(which we wre discussing in the other forum)

joe
11th March 2010, 10:18 PM
Sp, unga list only 80's doordarshan paarthu valarndha balaheenamaana koottam can recognize. :lol:

Roshan
11th March 2010, 10:28 PM
Sp, unga list only 80's doordarshan paarthu valarndha balaheenamaana koottam can recognize.

:lol: naanum ivanga yaara solRaanga'nu yOsikka aarambichEn. Most of them are unknown to me.

Plum
11th March 2010, 10:38 PM
Some pointers
Devilalitha - heroine of the movie unnidathil naan(based on sujatha's story). Played chiranjeevi's sister in rudraveena(unnal mudiyum thambi original). Idhukku mela reference illai
Venki - mmkr-lastla maathula thongaravae.
Venki: edhavadhu podunga boss(to nasser who is hanging himself :lol: )
Nasser: throws handkerchief he just wiped his nose with
Sadly he expired last year at a relatively young age.

PARAMASHIVAN
11th March 2010, 10:39 PM
I strongly OBEJCT this SP ka bashing

:twisted: :lol:

P_R
11th March 2010, 10:50 PM
Ahn...I am also Kuspu.
You were a participant?

Amaang. Late 2002.

My cousin and mother used to be close followers of this show when it started and applied to it. My uncle and I were drafted as part of the team.

My protestations (நான் வர மாட்டேன்...என் இமேஜ் என்ன ஆகுறது etc.) were futile (some polite translation of..அடச்சீ வா.)
Plus each team had to bring some audience members, which consisted of my grandparents, aunt, another cousin etc. :lol2:

After a இழுபறி situation in the earlier rounds, there was one quiz round. Our 'team' represented by yours truly marched into the final jackpot round. அங்க தான் fourth leg-la miss ஆயிருச்சு - also due to yours truly. ஏதோ simple 'pop survey' கேள்விக்கு time presar-la கப்பியா answer சொன்னேன்.

எங்க ஒரே மன தைரியத்தைப் பாராட்டி Tupperware, vaccum cleaner, voucher, billbook எல்லாம் குடுத்தாங்க.

Roshan
11th March 2010, 10:55 PM
Ahn...I am also Kuspu.
You were a participant?

Amaang. Late 2002.

My cousin and mother used to be close followers of this show when it started and applied to it. My uncle and I were drafted as part of the team.

My protestations (நான் வர மாட்டேன்...என் இமேஜ் என்ன ஆகுறது etc.) were futile (some polite translation of..அடச்சீ வா.)
Plus each team had to bring some audience members, which consisted of my grandparents, aunt, another cousin etc. :lol2:

After a இழுபறி situation in the earlier rounds, there was one quiz round. Our 'team' represented by yours truly marched into the final jackpot round. அங்க தான் fourth leg-la miss ஆயிருச்சு - also due to yours truly. ஏதோ simple 'pop survey' கேள்விக்கு time presar-la கப்பியா answer சொன்னேன்.

எங்க ஒரே மன தைரியத்தைப் பாராட்டி Tupperware, vaccum cleaner, voucher, billbook எல்லாம் குடுத்தாங்க.

:lol: :thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
11th March 2010, 11:01 PM
Ahn...I am also Kuspu.
You were a participant?

Amaang. Late 2002.

Any video link?

kid-glove
11th March 2010, 11:08 PM
Kuspu?

Here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdvrrN1leoA

ajaybaskar
11th March 2010, 11:11 PM
Kuspuvathaan daily paakkurome? P_R?

P_R
11th March 2010, 11:14 PM
ஒரே ஒரு VHS டேப் இருந்துச்சு...அதுவும் இத்துப்போச்சு.

பொறுமையா இருங்க, நான் வருங்காலத்துல ஒரு பெரும்புள்ளி ஆனதும் இந்த கரும்புள்ளியை யாராச்சும் தேடி புடிச்சு upload பண்ணுவாங்க.

Wibha
12th March 2010, 12:07 AM

my friend ditched school and went and met him during the practice sessions at the stadium :x :hammer: without me :x

Inimeal I dont think I'll get excited if I see anyone :roll: I'll just be like eh whateve :roll:

the only people I've seen

Amitabh at some airport
Anant Nag- his daughter studied in my school
:roll: :roll:
Srikanth (I think that was him :roll:)

bingleguy
12th March 2010, 12:26 AM
"Super Star"

appo konjam Kamal veriyanA irundhEn ... so nAn varalai paaka nnu sonnen ...... ariyAdha teriyAdha puriyAdha paruvam :) when i was around 10 :P but still Sathi uncle( tats how we used to call SS's PA Sathi) said - you will remember his meet forever ..... avar solla kilambinEn ..... Gemini Ganesh favorite uduppula ;-) a pyjama jippa with a slipper :D i was too careless to dress up for occasion :P

We were arranged a special meet with Rajini sir.... so we had to wait till all the fans come up to take photographs ..... we were made to wait in the storage room just outside his main house entrance ... that room was a store room for gifts given to fans - there were key chains, kodams etc which bore the name of the Super Star - some with his photographs ..... we were supposed to meet him inside his house - but unfortunately Rajini sir had to leave - hence Sathi uncle told that we meet him when everybody left ...

The temple type wooden doors with Sri Raghavendra on top - gently opened to allow the most favored icon - come up in the most simple fashion .... There was the Super Star in his white pyjama and jippa ... his big forehead was adored with viboothi and his usual cine hairstyle .... he wore a unique kind of white slippers ... i ve hardly seen anybody with white slippers.... With a broad smile he was so quick in walking towards the entrance way where the photo sessions begun ... Atleast a hundred ppl must have come that day - there stood SS for every single photograph with a broad smile - talking smooth - shaking hands - giving hugs - bearing human sized garlands and much more .....

finally it was our turn .... till this time i simply did not do anything else but watching every step of the great star and his down-to-earth gestures ....... we went ahead and greeted the great star - and what did i speak .... NOTHING ........... no words .... it was over in a flash ... well technically we had to move after the camera flash ... somehow my uncles were talking to him for almost 2-3 mins and i just was amazed and i was just gazing him .... then he somehow felt i was left alone and looked at me - smiled and called me near to him - i walked slowly - and he bent over and asked me for my name .... i responded with a low tone - he chuckled ... my uncle told him that i am a Kamal fanatic ..... the Super Star smiled and saw me and said "nAnum dhAn" ...

aduthu thodarvadhu ...... "Ultimate Star" Ajith kumar ...

app_engine
12th March 2010, 12:30 AM

Do you mean K Srikanth (of 1983 world cup)?

I've seen him loudly chatting with his friends on Madras Central station while waiting on the platform to board Coramandel express for Calcutta.

This was when he was probably still active as a player, but dropped from national team (and the language :oops: that too in a public place)

Avadi to America
12th March 2010, 12:41 AM

Do you mean K Srikanth (of 1983 world cup)?

I've seen him loudly chatting with his friends on Madras Central station while waiting on the platform to board Coramandel express for Calcutta.

This was when he was probably still active as a player, but dropped from national team (and the language :oops: that too in a public place)

I too saw him at ANNA university cricket ground... it was my first day in college..... his language was too filthy....i felt like his language lived up to the reputation of gunidy engineering college student......

Bala (Karthik)
12th March 2010, 01:04 AM
Romba thanks NOV :thumbsup:

Roshan
12th March 2010, 01:06 AM
"Super Star"

finally it was our turn .... till this time i simply did not do anything else but watching every step of the great star and his down-to-earth gestures ....... we went ahead and greeted the great star - and what did i speak .... NOTHING ........... no words .... it was over in a flash ... well technically we had to move after the camera flash ... somehow my uncles were talking to him for almost 2-3 mins and i just was amazed and i was just gazing him .... then he somehow felt i was left alone and looked at me - smiled and called me near to him - i walked slowly - and he bent over and asked me for my name .... i responded with a low tone - he chuckled ... my uncle told him that i am a Kamal fanatic ..... the Super Star smiled and saw me and said "nAnum dhAn" ...

Nice :D

Nerd
12th March 2010, 01:13 AM
Me being a non - chennaiite have seen Kris Shrikanth multiple times outside Saravana Bhavan, smoking :lol2:

I have met thalaivar when I was 2.5 years old :oops: Seen him in my cousin's wedding reception, did not get a chance to go talk to him though.

Seen Raja at Thiruvannamalai once when I was in my teens. Saw Rahman at Jamal Mohammed College, Trichy last year.

Met Aishwarya Rai and spoke for a minute or two at the Houston airport. Pachchan A was also there.

Avadi to America
12th March 2010, 01:16 AM
Me being a non - chennaiite have seen Kris Shrikanth multiple times outside Saravana Bhavan, smoking :lol2:

I have met thalaivar when I was 2.5 years old :oops: Seen him in my cousin's wedding reception, did not get a chance to go talk to him though.

Seen Raja at Thiruvannamalai once when I was in my teens. Saw Rahman at Jamal Mohammed College, Trichy last year.

Met Aishwarya Rai and spoke for a minute or two at the Houston airport. Pachchan A was also there.

vithagan
12th March 2010, 01:17 AM
1998 - I met india's most happening director.. yes its none other than Maniratnam. :redjump:

We our college friends went to ooty for summer vacation,we were on the train from metupalayam to ooty, we met him on kethy station, it was Chayya Chayya shooting for Dil se. Our train stopped for few mins and We just took a Snap with him. Later we found Shah rukh on the other side of the track, just waved our hands. :wave:

It was a Nice experience !! :swinghead:

Bala (Karthik)
12th March 2010, 01:29 AM
Enna pesuneenga nu sonna nalla irukkum

jaiganes
12th March 2010, 01:33 AM
Some pointers
Devilalitha - heroine of the movie unnidathil naan(based on sujatha's story). Played chiranjeevi's sister in rudraveena(unnal mudiyum thambi original). Idhukku mela reference illai
Venki - mmkr-lastla maathula thongaravae.
Venki: edhavadhu podunga boss(to nasser who is hanging himself :lol: )
Nasser: throws handkerchief he just wiped his nose with
Sadly he expired last year at a relatively young age.

Devilalitha - kamal's mom in tenaali and also in Kalaignan - comes briefly in the 'Endhan nenjil song'

jaiganes
12th March 2010, 01:44 AM
I have seen radha ravi ans some mean stunt artiste dudes playing badminton in the swami sangaradas auditorium podium right on the morning of the 'swami amaradhanai' function of my chithi's wedding (It was held there as my thaatha was a distributor). My uncle and I went and asked them to vacate in a polite way to which he and his mean dudes gave one careless glance.
Then my grandfather came and called him aside and gave him some choice bad words after which they packed up their shuttle nets and made their move.
I have seen ponnambalam with his gang in Vadapalani restaurant eating (during lunch). Thats all - but overall fun to read everyone's experiences.

bingleguy
12th March 2010, 03:24 AM
I've seen Sarathkumar riding a horse (for a shooting probably) in a Bangalore road on another occasion, while I was waiting for the signal, sitting in an auto.

romba long back aaa ???? :roll: probably Suriyan movie .... that has a shot where he is chased by ppl - shot happens from Vidhana Soudha into the streets....

joe
12th March 2010, 06:46 AM
I have seen ponnambalam
ponnambalam was sitting besides me when i watched Kuruthipunal at AVM Rajeswari theatre :)

Kalyasi
12th March 2010, 09:47 AM
Seen Raja at Thiruvannamalai once when I was in my teens.

Remake Raja va?

Shakthiprabha
12th March 2010, 10:38 AM
we went ahead and greeted the great star - and what did i speak .... NOTHING ........... no words .... it was over in a flash ... well technically we had to move after the camera flash ... somehow my uncles were talking to him for almost 2-3 mins and i just was amazed and i was just gazing him .... then he somehow felt i was left alone and looked at me - smiled and called me near to him - i walked slowly - and he bent over and asked me for my name .... i responded with a low tone - he chuckled ... my uncle told him that i am a Kamal fanatic ..... the Super Star smiled and saw me and said "nAnum dhAn" ...

Humility! and that is WHY super star! :bow:

plum, roshan, joe, others,

:evil:

I dont know devilalitha was an actress until much later when I browsed internet and found out she did do couple of movies too. When I saw her I recognised her as "drama artist" only.

Every tuesday dd would telecast funny/ entertaininng dramas :lol: :thumbsup: I used to watch almost all of them, with my family and have fun :D Some dramas were good too :) (acting elaam sumaar thaan..most of the artists were...soso...good old days :) )

Plum
12th March 2010, 10:44 AM
Every tuesday dd would telecast funny/ entertaininng dramas

indha forumlEyE, En indha hublEyE, indha vaarthai solla koodiya orE AL nInga dhAn :-)

joe
12th March 2010, 10:46 AM
plum, roshan, joe, others,

:evil:

:lol: I laughed for the kuruthipunal connection 8-)

Shakthiprabha
12th March 2010, 10:48 AM

indha forumlEyE, En indha hublEyE, indha vaarthai solla koodiya orE AL nInga dhAn :-)

en vera yaar veetlaiyum 80z la tv illaiya? or parthirukka mataangala ? or pudichirukatha? illa elaarum 20 to 30 age gruop apram hub la retire agidraaangala?

Infact it used to be a contrast when we watched humlog buniyad thingys in hindi and compare the CLASS of artists there with our own :| so niraya dramas kindal pannavE parpom :oops: and woudl discuss it with our friends next day just to hav fun :ashamed:

Shakthiprabha
12th March 2010, 10:52 AM
:rotfl2: dd created a revolution once. Romance kaatchi kaamikka, the concerned hero and heroine (rendu perum well in their 30z :| ) 3 mins mela kaiya pudichu orutharai oruthar vecha kaN vaangaama parthuttu irunthaanga :rotfl2:

athu varaikkum...

"naan ugnalai love panren " nnu 10 adi th aLLi hero solvaar

20 adi thaLLi heroine (drama artist) vekka paduvaanga

so this particular drama was remembered with historic importance cause dd never used to cross even basic rule of so called decency :rotfl2:

//dign

sorry about the dig couldn't help it :rotfl2: :D :wave:

hamid
12th March 2010, 11:07 AM
Have met the one and only Superstar.. in the streets without anyone areound us :cool: already posted the experience.. will post it here soon..

have seen the great Kamal 3 times.. (1)in YMCA grounds Nandhanam( Ponniyin Selvan stage play), (2)once when I was studying eleventh in Vestry school Trichy, he came to our school and also sung a song from Nayakan in stage(3)The same day he presided over an Volleyball event in Trichy.

have seen Revathi and many other stars at the "Ponniyin Selvan" play staged in YMCA

Met Manorama and Nasser and spoke to them in a Rotary Function..

Visu came to a function arranged at the school where I have done my studies. I was sitting beside him..

Seen vasundhara das at Mayajaal. saw SVSekhar 3 weeks back at Tamil sangam delhi.

First film star I have seen was Pandiyan - in a Lion's club meeting.. where Crazy mohan staged Madhu+Two naadakam.. the best play I have ever seen..

have seen P.Susheela in the Bangalore airport.

Did see SPB in a hospital in chennai.

Cricketers : have seen and shook hands with Kumble.. and seen many others including Sachin( with walkman) within 2-3 feet distance in the same day (after practice session in chennai.)

Plum
12th March 2010, 01:47 PM

en vera yaar veetlaiyum 80z la tv illaiya? or parthirukka mataangala ? or pudichirukatha? illa elaarum 20 to 30 age gruop apram hub la retire agidraaangala?

Infact it used to be a contrast when we watched humlog buniyad thingys in hindi and compare the CLASS of artists there with our own :| so niraya dramas kindal pannavE parpom :oops: and woudl discuss it with our friends next day just to hav fun :ashamed:Oh I was just pulling your leg. As adequately demonstrated, I still retain knowledge and memory of such vignettes still so it follows that I am in the same boat as you although I wouldnt go so far as you in praise. At any rate, better than the serials and programmes we get on Satellite television, and relatively harmless.

Kalyasi
12th March 2010, 02:03 PM
thiddernu evanavathu vanthu inga "I have kissed Ponting" nu podaporaan

Plum
12th March 2010, 03:24 PM

oruthan bangalore-la adhaiyum paNNAn illai 2008 tour-la?

Kalyasi
12th March 2010, 03:30 PM

Athaan sollaren... avan hubber a kooda irukalaam nu... :wink:

Plum
12th March 2010, 03:38 PM

Bangalore-la yaarellAm hubber - Bala, Ramakrishna(?) and you? mooNu perula yaaru adhu?

Aalavanthan
12th March 2010, 03:46 PM
:lol: Kamaan Kalyaasi.. I am anticipating a equally good reply

PARAMASHIVAN
12th March 2010, 03:46 PM
I completley 4got the artist who got me in to the film industry... B.H.Abdul Hameed.. I met him in a friend house.. nice guy, very professional... he said to me , 'Nee azhaga irukE cinema illa modelling ethachum pannalaMe nu' I was just shy.. he then introduced to me Deepam TV's (UK, europe, USA, middle east) chairman..

I then had offeres to do quite a bit of modeling and ended up acting in a film, which is yet to release cos of finance problem :banghead:

I have also met 'Mano' in a restuarnt.. didn't get his autograph :oops:

Cinefan
12th March 2010, 06:30 PM

Bangalore-la yaarellAm hubber - Bala, Ramakrishna(?) and you? mooNu perula yaaru adhu?

I am also Bangalore but Naan avan illai

NOV
12th March 2010, 06:42 PM
many hubbers had met an artiste (not main) who has appeared in dozens of movies.
among them are appu, ksen, sridhar, littlemaster, villain, anban, etc etc

Bala (Karthik)
12th March 2010, 07:14 PM
many hubbers had met an artiste (not main) who has appeared in dozens of movies.
Mohan Ram dhaane...

Dinesh84
12th March 2010, 07:21 PM
Mohan Ram dhaane... avar Hubber ah? :roll:

ajaybaskar
12th March 2010, 07:23 PM
What is his id?

NOV
12th March 2010, 07:31 PM
yes to all questions.
avar id.... mohanram :D

bingleguy
12th March 2010, 07:38 PM
ys mohanram sir namma hubber thaan ... you could see his contributions in Architecture related pages .... :)

i ve spoken to him many a times thru PM - but never met him in person ...

ajaybaskar
12th March 2010, 07:41 PM
Oh...Yet another celebrity hubber!!!

PARAMASHIVAN
12th March 2010, 07:51 PM
Oh...Yet another celebrity hubber!!!

and the other being ??? :roll:

Roshan
12th March 2010, 07:52 PM
ys mohanram sir namma hubber thaan ... you could see his contributions in Architecture related pages .... :)

Vasanth, neenga Ajith'a meet paNNa kathaiya innum sollala :x I am waiting for that :evil:

BM
12th March 2010, 07:56 PM

Vasanth, neenga Ajith'a meet paNNa kathaiya innum sollala :x I am waiting for that :evil:

:exactly: . Naanum unga post kaaga innaiku fulla wait pannitu iruken :evil: