PDA

View Full Version : Paadum Nilaa (Balu)vudan Isaipuyal

Yuvi
18th March 2010, 04:59 PM
As astounding combo that happened post Roja. Here is a thread which would allow us to talk more about the involvement of SPB's singing in ARR's music.

Even now, whenever a new album of ARR is released, I still search whether SPB has sung atleast one song or a bit of hum in the album. Thats the impact that these two geniuses have created since Roja until Sivaji

This thread will be a good base for fans like me who might have missed some SPB/ARR combo songs with sheer ignorance.

To begin with..

Kadhal RojavE - Roja - 1992

Ramakrishna
18th March 2010, 06:06 PM
Yaar ithu Aaluvaa

NOV
18th March 2010, 06:18 PM
No 1 is Anjali anjali from Duet
Close is en kaadhalE en kaadhalE from same movie

NOV
18th March 2010, 06:23 PM
Baabaa kichu kichu - Baba

kaatril oru vaarththai - Godfather

oruvan oruvan mudhalaali - Muthu

en peru padaiyappaa - Padaiyappa

thanga thaamarai magale - minsara kanavugal

Yuvi
18th March 2010, 06:25 PM
Yaar ithu Aaluvaa

avanE thAn .. Vaasthu padi pEra mAthitEn 8-)

ajaybaskar
18th March 2010, 06:26 PM
Ennai kaanavillaiyae.
Odakkaara Maarimuthu
Minnalae nee vandhadhenadi
Pennalla pennalla
En veetu thottathil
Thangathaamarai..

These are my all time favourites of this combo..

Yuvi
18th March 2010, 06:27 PM

Guess nobody can deny that.. But we have some more nominations that might come..

sOllAyO sOlaikili - Alli Arjuna

Rasiga Rasiga - Star

Manasukul puyal onru mayyam kondadhE - Star

NOV
18th March 2010, 06:30 PM
you missed out anbe en anbe from kadhal desam :thumbsup:

Scale
18th March 2010, 06:32 PM
:2thumbsup: to NOV for the Ist post.

Thread theradhunnu nenaikkiren.

More than SPB, HH-KSC-UK-UM-SH-Sujatha-SL-SS-TK rocked big time. Lets see who has contributed more.. Poll create panra maadhiri varum advance vote to KSC or HH!

Yuvi
18th March 2010, 06:34 PM
Yes.. AB has mentioned that in his post ..

From his list.. Pennalla pennalla - its a different melody considering their other work. More of a village base melody.... neraiya ezhudhanum pola iruku, but vaarthai varala.. maybe later

adding to the list..

Maanoothu mandhaiyilae - Kizhakku Cheemaiyilae

Yuvi
18th March 2010, 06:36 PM
:2thumbsup: to NOV for the Ist post.

Thread theradhunnu nenaikkiren.

More than SPB, HH-KSC-UK-UM-SH-Sujatha-SL-SS-TK rocked big time. Lets see who has contributed more.. Poll create panra maadhiri varum advance vote to KSC or HH!

Its not the quantity that matters. Qualitykaga thaan indha thread and if you take all SPB/ARR songs, copy it in your ipod and do a shuffle hearing, you wont skip even a single song (ok, replace you with me here :) ) .. That is the impact I am talking about.

NOV
18th March 2010, 06:45 PM
To be honest both the Duet songs often move me to tears. Anjali anjali is simply one of the very best of ARR.

On the other end of the scale, is pennalla pennalla :oops: :oops2:

Yuvi
18th March 2010, 06:57 PM
:thumbsup: ...

Anjali Anjali... SPB Chitra, Saxophone, aalaap of Chitra in the second interlude, flutes in the third interlude .. three charanams, a 7 minute song.. what else you can expect..

oops totally forgot about the other (my famous) track in Duet..

mettupOdu mettupOdu - cant remember how many days, this song was my suprabharatham before I start to office.. very very energetic .. excellent lyrics, Vairamuthu ku oru periya O !

கொஞ்சம் நிலவுக்கு நேரம் வைத்துத் தூக்கம் கொள்க

ajaybaskar
18th March 2010, 06:58 PM
NOV.

Pennalla pennalla is among the best of ARR. any day. So is Kangalil enna earamo?

NOV
18th March 2010, 07:04 PM
Pennalla pennalla is among the best of ARR. any day. not for me. enna ketta vaarththaiyila thitta vechirudha :argh:

one more song in ratchagan. SPB acts in that movie but Sukhwinder sings for him :frightened: while his sweet voice is used for nagarjuna :irked:

Ramakrishna
18th March 2010, 07:09 PM
Pennalla pennalla is among the best of ARR. any day. not for me. enna ketta vaarththaiyila thitta vechirudha :argh:

naanga thaan ketta vaarthai use pannanum :evil:

I listen to Uzhavan songs very often. soulful

lancelot
18th March 2010, 07:09 PM
Kathalikkum Pennin - Kathalan.. love how he finishes and the female singer starts... and how is is carried away... awesomeness of Shankar-ARR-SPB

NOV
18th March 2010, 07:17 PM
naanga thaan ketta vaarthai use pannanum avlo thairiyamaa unakku :twisted:

In fact I dont even fancy the original version of that song.. :boo:

Yuvi
18th March 2010, 07:22 PM
naanga thaan ketta vaarthai use pannanum avlo thairiyamaa unakku :twisted:

In fact I dont even fancy the original version of that song.. :boo:

:huh:

NOV
18th March 2010, 07:27 PM
pEsum mani muthu rojaakkal
pillaigal ellOrum raajakkal

SPB in MSV music. 8-)

Nerd
18th March 2010, 08:58 PM
This hasn't been mentioned so far. Anybody here likes Edhu sugam sugam adhu vENdum vENdum - Vandicholai Sinraasu? One of my SPB-ARR favorites. I think its the only song in which ARR used VJ :)

Yuvi
18th March 2010, 09:19 PM
This hasn't been mentioned so far. Anybody here likes Edhu sugam sugam adhu vENdum vENdum - Vandicholai Sinraasu? One of my SPB-ARR favorites. I think its the only song in which ARR used VJ :)

I have mentioned this song in the last song thread when we were discussing about the erotic numbers of ARR.

The female singer is Vani Jeyaram there.. Song kekumbodhu I thought her voice should suit Suganya.. kadaisiyila it was Sivaranjani .. song paakkardhukku semma mokkai and I think not even the full song was picturised ..

One of my favourite erotic numbers.. When SPB raises in the saranam " vAnam endhan thOlOdu" . excellent voice .. andha aaluku vayasu aaga aaga voicela merugu Erudhu

littlemaster1982
18th March 2010, 09:47 PM
Kaadhalenum Thervezhudhi 8-) 8-)

Yuvi
18th March 2010, 09:56 PM
Kaadhalenum Thervezhudhi 8-) 8-)

Great Pick ! Along with Swarnalatha .. Fast pace .. equally pace-y lyrics..

Cant control myself but to post this.. College 1st year I think.. movie got released and we college guys went to the show.. In this song, in a particular scene where Gunal (Note: Gunal's dhoti was half folded) lifts Sonali and rotates himself, my friend just ran from the far row upto the screen and came back.... asked him out of curiosity, " ennna machi Sonaliya kittaka paaka poyirundhiyaa" .. for which he replied " illa machi, Gunal jatti pottirukaanaanu paathaen " :lol:

hmm.. Wonderful (past) days..

ajaybaskar
18th March 2010, 09:56 PM
endhan vaanin kaadhal nilavae from Kaadhal Virus. Underrated but nothing short of a masterpiece..

music man
18th March 2010, 10:52 PM
My favorites are:
1) Pennala Pennala-Uzhavan
2) En kaadhale,Anjali Anjali and Naan Paadum Sandham-Duet
3) Minnale-May Madham
4) Oruvan oruvan-Muthu...

to name a few.....Almost we love all ARR-SPB combo songs....Such a humble legend....He has been associated with ARR and his family right from ARR's childhood...

NOV
19th March 2010, 05:47 AM
balleleka :D

waiting for one more in Endhiran!

A.ANAND
19th March 2010, 09:49 AM
MY FAV

1.kathal rojave-roja
2.en kathale-duet
3.anbe-kathal desam
4.thoda thoda -indra
5.pennala-uzhavan
6.minnale-may matham
7.anjali-duet
8.thanga thamarai-minsara kanavu
9.oruvan oruvan-muthu
10.sakkara-new

AudazJay
19th March 2010, 03:27 PM
S.P.Bala yaaruku paadunalum supera than irukum. ARR-ke padhum bothe athu supero super! Few of my favorite songs (the list is exhaustive, actually)

1. Kadhal Rojave- Roja
2. En veetu thotathil- Gentleman
3. Pennale Pennale- Uzhavan
4. Kangalil Enna Eeramo- Uzhavan
5. Duet songs- All the four songs sung by SPB show how versatile he is in handling the different moods and feel of the songs.
6. Minalae- May Madham
7. Anbe Anbe- Kadhal Desam
8. Thanga Thamarai- Minsara Kanavu
9. Thoda Thoda- Indira
10.Thindai- En Swasa Katre

lancelot
19th March 2010, 03:53 PM
am i the only one who thinks that Kathalikkum Pennin - Kathalan is an awesome song? or is it that SPB doesn't sing that song? oops :)

Ramakrishna
19th March 2010, 06:21 PM
am i the only one who thinks that Kathalikkum Pennin - Kathalan is an awesome song? or is it that SPB doesn't sing that song? oops :)

It is a phenomenal song. Every bit of that song is awesome.

NOV
19th March 2010, 06:29 PM
[html:645681eead]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIfoq4Qxnjg&feature=related"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIfoq4Qxnjg&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/html:645681eead]

Yuvi
19th March 2010, 08:16 PM

:yes: There is this bit of luck for Udit Narayanan that whenever he sings with the other male singers the song is much better to hear.

Kaasu mela.. Ele machi machi..

Kadhalikkum is a good melody that Udit has screwed up with his singing.. I dont personally dislike Udit but it is just that he suits Prabu Deva well.. idha kaaranam kaatiyae avar neraiya paadal paaditaar. However, SPB was awesome in this song as well. The cinematography and the choreo were at his par in the movie as well.

Ramakrishna
19th March 2010, 08:39 PM

:yes: There is this bit of luck for Udit Narayanan that whenever he sings with the other male singers the song is much better to hear.

Kadhalikkum is a good melody that Udit has screwed up with his singing.. I dont personally dislike Udit but it is just that he suits Prabu Deva well.. idha kaaranam kaatiyae avar neraiya paadal paaditaar. However, SPB was awesome in this song as well. The cinematography and the choreo were at his par in the movie as well.

The second interlude in that song is a gem.

viraajan
19th March 2010, 09:28 PM

:exactly:

nAn pAdum sandham and mettu podu as well.

The best is of course Anjali. Cant decide among the rest. All are equal.

Kadhal Rojave - :cool:

Ramakrishna
19th March 2010, 09:40 PM
Oruvan Oruvan....

lancelot
19th March 2010, 10:38 PM

The second interlude in that song is a gem.

finally, some acknowledgment.. yey!!!i personally love that song very much

sunnyg
19th March 2010, 11:11 PM
Guys

How can you forget these two gems:

1. Enna solli ennai ... from Thenali. SPB is amazing in this song singing for Kamal

2. Theendai mei theendai .... from an Aravind Swamy movie. SPB was just stupendous. This movie had other good songs (not by SPB) such as Jumbalaka, Sakkaravanamo

music man
19th March 2010, 11:23 PM
SPB's singing in Lucky Lucky-Ratchagan was top class...Again Sukwinder Singh made his debut opposite SPB in this album...

ajaybaskar
21st March 2010, 03:25 PM
thoda thoda from Indira is a mindblowing number. Another Underrated gem from this combo is 'Yaara Dil Dhaara' from Kabhi Na Kabhi.

Roshan
21st March 2010, 04:25 PM
All songs of ARR-SPB are great .. But enakkum intha peNNalla peNNalla song avvaLavA pidikkAthu.

Top 5 for me ;

1. minnalE nee vanthathEnadi
2. thanga thaamarai magaLE - fetched SPB the first National Award in thamizh.
3. KaadhalE en kaadhalE
4. veLLi malare (from Jodi) - intha pAtta miss paNNa adhu criminal offence
5. Anjali Anjali

music man
21st March 2010, 06:14 PM
thoda thoda from Indira is a mindblowing number. Another Underrated gem from this combo is 'Yaara Dil Dhaara' from Kabhi Na Kabhi.

Wow..Thats a blinder...Its a super song..Along with Hariharan and Chitra, SPB would have taken this song to new heights...Yes..It was an underrated song...

May we should start a thread "Under rated gems of ARR".. :roll:

Roshan
21st March 2010, 06:43 PM

thoda thoda malarnthathenna is underrated ???? neenga mattumthaan ippadi solli irukeenga.

littlemaster1982
21st March 2010, 08:13 PM
May we should start a thread "Under rated gems of ARR".. :roll:

There is already a thread (http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=13333) with same name :P

Ramakrishna
21st March 2010, 08:15 PM

thoda thoda malarnthathenna is underrated ???? neenga mattumthaan ippadi solli irukeenga.

It is the hindi song he is talking about.

ajaybaskar
21st March 2010, 08:19 PM
Roshan,

I didn't mention 'Thoda Thoda' as Underrated. Probably the word 'Another' should've confused u. Today I made a post abt the songs of KKS and it was in the back of my mind...

Roshan
21st March 2010, 09:09 PM
Roshan,

I didn't mention 'Thoda Thoda' as Underrated. Probably the word 'Another' should've confused u. Today I made a post abt the songs of KKS and it was in the back of my mind...

Yeah I got confused with 'another'. I am saary :P

Roshan
21st March 2010, 09:26 PM
Has any one mentioned azhagAna ratchasiyE here ?

Yuvi
22nd March 2010, 04:29 PM
Guys

How can you forget these two gems:

1. Enna solli ennai ... from Thenali. SPB is amazing in this song singing for Kamal

2. Theendai mei theendai .... from an Aravind Swamy movie. SPB was just stupendous. This movie had other good songs (not by SPB) such as Jumbalaka, Sakkaravanamo

idhu idhu idhuku thaan indha thread aarambichudhu :D

Listening to Gentleman - en veetu Thottathil .. another SPB/Sujatha masterpiece.

Ottagathai KattikO - Goundamani shaking his legs for ARR's beats.. 8th wonder :P

ajaybaskar
22nd March 2010, 05:42 PM
His dance in that song still fascinates my mom. Being a Gounder fan, she says GM dances better than Arjun in that song.

A.ANAND
22nd March 2010, 06:29 PM
another superhit song,maanuthu santhayile maangutti petta mayile - kizhakku chemayile :thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
22nd March 2010, 06:35 PM
Maanoothu mandhaiyilae....

Roshan
22nd March 2010, 06:45 PM
another superhit song,maanuthu santhayile maangutti petta mayile - kizhakku chemayile :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Yuvi
22nd March 2010, 07:06 PM

:yes: one of the break free songs of SPB.. SPB laughs, shouts, changes his shruthi and what not..

Roshan
22nd March 2010, 08:20 PM

:yes: one of the break free songs of SPB.. SPB laughs, shouts, changes his shruthi and what not..

Yeah. I think ARR would have told him - "idhaan pAttu neenga enna vEnaalum paNNunga" :)

Yuvi
23rd March 2010, 04:32 PM
:musicsmile: காற்றில் ஓர் வார்த்தை மிதந்து வரக் கண்டேன்

SPB and Sadhana Sargam.

Prelude: The way Sadhana starts with காற்றில், you actualy feel the breeze coming into ears.. make you enjoy how effective our language is with the word kAtril starting with a nedil just like the long breeze. That followed by the dolak and violins going on parallel with Sadhana's voice.

Interludes: filled with SPB's aalapanai. SPB is the only singer (IMO) who ARR has used a lot for interludes aalapanai and even in this song, you can hear SPB's humming when Sadhana sings the charanam.

Looking forward to Endhiran for SPB's opening and thinking of when Mani has used last utilized SPB's voice.. I know its Guru, but Roja being his penultimate one.. Hoping to have a SPB number in Raavana

Yuvi
23rd March 2010, 04:43 PM
[tscii:3b803cd167]
UNPLUGGED: A R RAHMAN

Rahman usually works in the night but he’s made an exception for SP Balasubramaniam whose songs have all been recorded before 10 pm

Interesting anecdote from the other thread.[/tscii:3b803cd167]