PDA

View Full Version : GOD of Cricket -Sachin Tendulkar's Mumbai Indians -Edition 2

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

raghavendran
26th April 2010, 11:44 AM
thadavi kuduthu four adikkiraapla.

Sms to friend: God 'da !
Reply: Yeah but surrounded by mortals. :lol: :lol:

P_R
26th April 2010, 11:55 AM
Heard that Doctors advised Sachin not to play, but left the final decision to him and he took pain killers for playing in the match.

Thalaiva, ippadi ellam risk edukkatheenga :cry: I have rarely seen him this tense. I saw snatches of CSK innings. Dilhara Fernando catch drop - paarvaiyaalE sutterikkiradhu. And then I watched MI innings till Sachin got out. Really wound up when batting.

I was a bit annoyed. idhukku pOyi yEn ivvaLo usurai kuduthu viLayAdaNum. :x

littlemaster1982
26th April 2010, 11:59 AM

Did you see his reaction when Nayar got out? Last time he reacted like this was in that famous Sharjah match when Laxman didn't respond for a run. Btw, he doesn't take any game lightly and we all know that :)

jinju
26th April 2010, 12:05 PM
[quote=littlemaster1982]

when i mentioned "sachin-a nenachaa dhaan paavamaa irukku", one of my colleagues remarked "Indiavukkaaga injury vechu velayaada sollunga, paakkalaam" and a couple of others joined teh sachin bashing bandwagon...i got irritated and replied "dont know whether u guys started watching cricket due to ipl, but beware when u open ur mouth against a man who returned to play for India in a crucial match against Kenya just the day after his father's death!" kroop dismiss! :evil:

19thmay
26th April 2010, 12:06 PM
CSK congratulations! 8-) Though I was disappointed for a moment, jeichathu namma payaluva thaane! :P

Sachin - :notworthy: I was really frustrated and got even more depressed to see him sitting helplessly, alone, in the dressing room.

Btw such a big series has just one finals? :roll:

raghavendran
26th April 2010, 12:08 PM
CSK congratulations! 8-) Though I was disappointed for a moment, jeichathu namma payaluva thaane! :P

Sachin - :notworthy: I was really frustrated and got even more depressed to see him sitting helplessly, alone, in the dressing room.

Btw such a big series has just one finals? :roll:
ACTUALLY EVEN HARDCORE CSK FANS LIKE ME COULDNT SEE SACHIN'S FACE LIKE THAT...BUT NAMME JEICHOMLE ADHAN SANTHOSAM :)

P_R
26th April 2010, 12:14 PM
Did you see his reaction when Nayar got out? Yeah...return crease-la aazhamA kuzhi vettunaapla. Naan sock aayittEn.

Btw, he doesn't take any game lightly and we all know that :) Yeah.

Ane he is going to play IPL 4 ! Logathula sila vishayangaLai purinjikkavE mudiyalai. "I rule even this format"-nu adichu solli orange cap vANgiyAchu (not that he has anything to prove to anyone). It stumps me why he'd persist with this.

kadavuLai uNarathaan mudiyum, purinjikka mudiyAdhu-nu idhai dhaan solraanga pOla.

Ramakrishna
26th April 2010, 12:19 PM
Lastly, people who wanted Sachin to be the MOS but CSK to win...rombo santhoshamaa irunga... Sachin fans nu veliya sollidaatheenga

raghavendran
26th April 2010, 12:19 PM
he always gives his 100% whether its INDIA,MI OR MUMBAI....

viraajan
26th April 2010, 12:23 PM
Heard that Doctors advised Sachin not to play, but left the final decision to him and he took pain killers for playing in the match.

Thalaiva, ippadi ellam risk edukkatheenga :cry:

That's shocking! :cry:

All efforts went futile :cry: :cry:

Plum
26th April 2010, 12:24 PM
Even ICL had best-of-3 finals. Modi maapLa ellAm nallA paNNittu idhula kOttai vuttutiyE. I think a best of 3 would have favoured the stronger team Mumbai.
Also, this business of beating Mumbai in their own den being a great achievement - I don't agree. The pitch suited CSK squad more than MI's strenghts. Bangalorela vechurundhA advantage mumbainu thONaradhu.
Goes to show how trivial points are taken as highlights by media and fans - in this case, more than the stadium advantage, pitch advantage mattered. But history will record this as mumbai's home advantage nullified. Even chennai's patta pitch would have been better for mumbai..

kid-glove
26th April 2010, 12:27 PM
I disagree Plum.

In 2010, CSK lead 2-1 in Head-to-heads vs Mumbai. Incl. league..

Plum
26th April 2010, 12:27 PM
Yesterday itself I wrote that sachin shouldn't play if there was risk. Indha trophy avLO mukkiyam illaiyE compared to world cup, test records, beating oz in oz.
As an opponent, I'd credit luck foremost if I happen to win against an injured Tendulkar. Wasim Akram in '99 had the same luck.

To some extent one feels like railing against destiny a la pachan in deewar

littlemaster1982
26th April 2010, 12:28 PM
Ane he is going to play IPL 4 ! Logathula sila vishayangaLai purinjikkavE mudiyalai. "I rule even this format"-nu adichu solli orange cap vANgiyAchu (not that he has anything to prove to anyone). It stumps me why he'd persist with this.

kadavuLai uNarathaan mudiyum, purinjikka mudiyAdhu-nu idhai dhaan solraanga pOla.

I guess he would have said good bye to IPL, had MI won the match yesterday. May be he wants to give another shot.

viraajan
26th April 2010, 12:28 PM
Did you see his reaction when Nayar got out? Last time he reacted like this was in that famous Sharjah match when Laxman didn't respond for a run. Btw, he doesn't take any game lightly and we all know that :)

This is the first time I'm seeing Sachin, with such a reaction. I just couldn't believe my eyes.

romba paavam... vEdhanaiyA irukkum sachin'ku....
veLilayum kaayam, ippa, uLLaiyum kaayam :cry:

kid-glove
26th April 2010, 12:30 PM
Well thats because Nayyar kept looking for runs in dangerous situations. Should have got Sachin out twice or thrice already. Especially Murali and Jakati throws were inches away

littlemaster1982
26th April 2010, 12:30 PM
when i mentioned "sachin-a nenachaa dhaan paavamaa irukku", one of my colleagues remarked "Indiavukkaaga injury vechu velayaada sollunga, paakkalaam" and a couple of others joined teh sachin bashing bandwagon...i got irritated and replied "dont know whether u guys started watching cricket due to ipl, but beware when u open ur mouth against a man who returned to play for India in a crucial match against Kenya just the day after his father's death!" kroop dismiss! :evil:

These days I want to slap those guys really hard. Bunch of useless fellows :x

Sachin played with fractured toe for the whole of WC 2003 for Christ's sake :banghead:

P_R
26th April 2010, 12:34 PM
One of the charms of cricket is that it is not always the better team that wins.

I don't understand what the point is of a best of n final. If you want the better team to win then don't have finals at all, just use points table and decide. We have finals for thrills and pay a price.

Best of n, is wanting both porridge and moustache.

Plum
26th April 2010, 12:35 PM
Although I am ok with CSK winning(as opposed to punjap or rajasthan or deccan), sachin's pain has sort of nullified that happiness.
I guess if mumbai had won and media went ballast against chennai, it would have been similar for me(in varying degree). So the final I envisaged as win-win has become lose-lose :(

viraajan
26th April 2010, 12:37 PM

These days I want to slap those guys really hard. Bunch of useless fellows :x

Sachin played with fractured toe for the whole of WC 2003 for Christ's sake :banghead:

I'm sick of it. When Sachin did not play well in Semis, there were criticisms that sachin cannot play under pressure.! WTH!

As you say, useless fellows!

Ramakrishna
26th April 2010, 12:48 PM
Sachin aadinaaley team thothudumnu kooda oru sila paer solluvaanga, like yesterday's match.
I don't think he is lucky enough to win the World cup.

joe
26th April 2010, 12:56 PM
I don't understand what the point is of a best of n final. If you want the better team to win then don't have finals at all, just use points table and decide. We have finals for thrills and pay a price.

:exactly:

MADDY
26th April 2010, 01:10 PM
I disagree Plum.

In 2010, CSK lead 2-1 in Head-to-heads vs Mumbai. Incl. league..

Plum
26th April 2010, 01:14 PM
A best of three final is different from 2 leagues and one one-off final.
That the best of n format is not perfect does not mean that it is not better than a one-off

P_R
26th April 2010, 01:28 PM
A best of three final is different from 2 leagues and one one-off final.
That the best of n format is not perfect does not mean that it is not better than a one-off

The problem with that line of argument

d (bestness of n)
______________ > 1 for all values of n
d (n)

So n* needs to be decided taking into account the fact that

d (interestingness of n)
___________________ which is a path-dependent function
d(n)

ajaybaskar
26th April 2010, 02:08 PM
Lastly, people who wanted Sachin to be the MOS but CSK to win...rombo santhoshamaa irunga... Sachin fans nu veliya sollidaatheenga

Why shudnt I support CSK inspite of being a Sachin fan? Shud I like MI team just because it has Sachin in it? For argument sake, if Sachin plays for some Pakistani league, would u still support that team?

Bala (Karthik)
26th April 2010, 02:30 PM
Please do NOT judge my fanaticism for Sachin. Its more *personal* than you think.

[ippadi ellam reply panradhu sinna pulla thanama dhaan irukku but this certification thing has gone a bit too far, i'm afraid]

P.S: For the record, rather than wishing for one team to win, i was manda pichufying because no matter who wins its lose-lose, as Plum put it

Yuvi
26th April 2010, 03:12 PM
One BIG positive that has come out of this tournament for MI (other than Sachin ofcourse) is the Young Player of the tournament - Tiwari .. Take a bow you kid.. You deserve to be in the Indian team.. Another Jharkhandwala who for sure, will have a hair cut in the next on year after his entry into the Indian Team.

Well deserved award for the youngster - :clap: :clap:

Ramakrishna
26th April 2010, 03:13 PM
One BIG positive that has come out of this tournament for MI (other than Sachin ofcourse) is the Young Player of the tournament - Tiwari .. Take a bow you kid.. You deserve to be in the Indian team.. Another Jharkhandwala who for sure, will have a hair cut in the next on year after his entry into the Indian Team.

Well deserved award for the youngster - :clap: :clap:

Its Rayudu easily.

Is Pollard playing for WI in the World cup.

Plum
26th April 2010, 03:17 PM
I am not too sure about Tiwary. If he has to be Dhoni-II, he needs to have the strength of mind and determination - a test he failed yesterday. Although you could give the "he is young" excuse, remember that one never needed such handicaps for Dhoni ever.

Plum
26th April 2010, 03:19 PM
RK, Rayudu is 24+ otherwise he was easily the young player of the tournament

kid-glove
26th April 2010, 03:22 PM
Raina is 23+, and is easily better than both..

Ramakrishna
26th April 2010, 03:25 PM

He is already a regular in the Indian team illayaa...

Yuvi
26th April 2010, 03:25 PM
I am not too sure about Tiwary. If he has to be Dhoni-II, he needs to have the strength of mind and determination - a test he failed yesterday. Although you could give the "he is young" excuse, remember that one never needed such handicaps for Dhoni ever.

I was just comparing Tiwari with Dhoni just for (jatti ngra madhiri) his hair style.. I know you know that its too early to compare him and I was not even comparing even in the nth cell of my brain.

But again, I am not even sure whether we were all talking about Dhoni when he came into Indian side except for his hair style.. who knows.. we could have two Jharkhandeswarans ruling the Indian cricket team (C & VC) in the future.. Never write off the youngsters Plum

I like the way Tiwari and Rayudu (thanks RK) played in the whole series (with one bad day which everybody can face) .. So dont blame on the youngsters, blame on the seniors - Bhajji (got promoted and was useless), Zaheer Khan - was furious when Fernando dropped his catch and he himself dropped a sitter later (btw, did the keeper forgot he had a glove in his hand) , Fernando - "right arm slow ball bowler" - dropped a catch while he was busy flirting with his fellow mate.

Rayudu and Tiwari - had a previous jenmam punniyam to have played along side Sachin. Sure, they have learnt something which should give way to the Indian side .. Most importantly, I hope Dhoni was noticing these youngsters.

Ramakrishna
26th April 2010, 03:27 PM
Most importantly, these two can easily replace thandams of the Indian team like Rohith Sharma and karthik.

Yuvi
26th April 2010, 03:29 PM

adhAnE

kid-glove
26th April 2010, 03:34 PM

adhAnE

Illa, Rayudu would have easily been the young player of the tournament if not being a year older. Then what about Raina? :D

kid-glove
26th April 2010, 03:35 PM
Most importantly, these two can easily replace thandams of the Indian team like Rohith Sharma and karthik.

I wouldn't rule out Rohit, even if he is poor man's Raina at the moment. :P

Plum
26th April 2010, 03:36 PM
Yuvi, I wont blame the youngsters for yesterday - infact I posted that right yesterday that pls dont blame the youngsters?
Thing is I am not expecting Tiwary to progress much further - although for that very reason he might end up Vice Captain of Indian team :lol: - he is sort of Dhoni-lite without the champion's mindset of Dhoni-nu solla vandhEn.

Rayudu has emerged as a serious threat to Dinesh Karthik - nobody expected him to keep as well as he did. ipdiyE maindain paNNA, Dinesh Karthik will become obsolete. Evne otherwise, if we talk of longer format, Rayudu is a fine prospect - IMO even over Rainas and Rogiths.
Raina can develop to utmost Ganguly level but Rayudu has the talent to become a mix of Dravid and Laxman. One must consider that Raina has been exposed to the highes level for 5 years now and he is still where he is.
OTOH, after going through much turbulence - including, impressively, a run-in with the powerful Yadav lobby in Hyderabad which deliberately screwed his career to promote the talent less Arjun Yadav, son of Shivlal, and the ICL exile, he has come back with his talent intact.

kid-glove
26th April 2010, 03:40 PM
We will see about that, Plum. Knowing my track record, BEWARE. I think Raina has improved every year, and seeing that he had impressed at a much younger age should be food for thought. Meet you after ODI world cup (if you don't take cover).

P_R
26th April 2010, 03:42 PM
chinna kuzhandhaiyA irukkachchE Rayudu 'keep paNNadhA nyAbagam. I am not sure when though.

May be the junior WC that Yuvraj and all won.
Or some Ranji match.

btw Pollardavan ennamO thaan mattum dhaan adichu kAppAtha mudiyin ngra maadhiri Rayudu-vai forced sacrifice ellAm paNNa vaichchAn !

Plum
26th April 2010, 03:45 PM
btw Pollardavan ennamO thaan mattum dhaan adichu kAppAtha mudiyin ngra maadhiri Rayudu-vai forced sacrifice ellAm paNNa vaichchAn !

yeah, Kiran Polawadkar kudutha kAsukku mElayE self-appraisal paNNikittAn...though since one doesnt know how much he got, that statement is a little speculative.

BTW, valikkAdha mAdhiri nadikkaradhai vuttutInga pOlirukku? :-)

Yuvi
26th April 2010, 03:46 PM

adhAnE

Illa, Rayudu would have easily been the young player of the tournament if not being a year older. Then what about Raina? :D

oh sorry.. I thought you replied to RK's post.. ippa thaan theiryudhu u replied to Plum's post of "if-not" series ... Naanum kalandhukurEn.. if Sachin was 15 years younger than he is, he would have added the "young player" award to his name. :lol:

On a serious note: Raina would have easily won the award for U-23 citi moment of success. Blame his parents for have delivered him a year earlier

Plum
26th April 2010, 03:49 PM
Interestingly, Raina didnt win it in 2008 when he was actually under 23 and also did well. Shreevats Goswami did. Maybe the thinking was to assume that Raina has already arrived.

P_R
26th April 2010, 03:51 PM
BTW, valikkAdha mAdhiri nadikkaradhai vuttutInga pOlirukku? :-)
Watched Sashin innings yesterday and was asking some very late kostins to B(K) via sms (eg. enna idhu nadu over-la ad pOduRainga etc.).

Saw the result this morning and found they came closer than I thought they would. Saw ilights this morning I saw the naansens. Actually even in the previous ball he hogs strike when a two was possible.

btw Harbhajan-ai batsman-nu establish paNNittAingaLA. ellArum adhai paththi matter-of-fact-A pEsuraanga. enakku chippA varudhu :lol:

Plum
26th April 2010, 04:00 PM
andha kodumai En kEkkarInga. Promoting Durby to #3, #4 started with MSD in Challenger Trophy and then, alarmingly, in International matches. Luckily, he didnt suffer huge damage - although losing the challenger trophy(if I remember right) to a Badri-led team or something must have hurt :-)
But as it happens, Sachin, for EXACTLY THE SAME MISTAKE OF BACKING BHAJJI UNDULY, sufferred. Destiny irukkE - romba cruel.

kid-glove
26th April 2010, 04:04 PM
Bitter :rotfl:

Plum
26th April 2010, 04:19 PM
This is the Challengers Trophy that MSD lost to Badri's team, Kid_glove (http://www.cricinfo.com/challengertrophy2009/engine/current/match/412827.html)

That tournament was quite a CSK affair with the 3 teams in the tournament being led by Dhoni, Raina and Badri, respectively. Badri's team won the tournament, beating MSD's team in the finals -In the Finals, MSD promoted Durby to #4 and suffered for it.

That is why I coined the statement "Durbyai nambinOr kai vida paduvAr".

kid-glove
26th April 2010, 04:25 PM
Oh okay.
Durby's batting skills (as a big hitter) is a bit hyped, I agree.

Good you've edited the earlier sentence though. :lol2:

Yuvi
26th April 2010, 04:36 PM
Exactly Plum.. To add to the fielding mistakes that the MI came over, the wicket of Rayudu and the immediate aftermath lead to MI's downfall..

One thing I dont understand.. If MI can pick up the same winning team from semi finals, why not have the same batting order.

kid-glove
26th April 2010, 04:40 PM
One thing I dont understand.. If MI can pick up the same winning team from semi finals, why not have the same batting order.

They were intimidated by CSK's bowling (& Dhoni's tactics) chasing a big score. They flopped it because of this pressure. Dhoni was right in saying that only Sachin could withstand pressure, while others succumbed to it.

It's a different story to bat first.

Plum
26th April 2010, 04:53 PM
1. Batting second added to the pressure - I would have liked to see anyone other than Dhoni in the CSK lineup under pressure batting second. Wait, we saw it in Dharamshala.
2. Nayar at #3 was a mistake in the semis, too. if anything, Robin and Sachin could have learnt from that mistake.
3. Rayudu at #3 would have been a different story.

steveaustin
26th April 2010, 06:42 PM
1. Batting second added to the pressure - I would have liked to see anyone other than Dhoni in the CSK lineup under pressure batting second. Wait, we saw it in Dharamshala.

:exactly: MI were comfortable with setting the targets rather chasing. Main strength is their bowling.

2. Nayar at #3 was a mistake in the semis, too. if anything, Robin and Sachin could have learnt from that mistake.

Sachin might have thought about the left and right hand combination options at the crease as well as the experience of Nayyar.

3. Rayudu at #3 would have been a different story.

hmmm. Quite interesting. But I am not sure. Playing Muralidharan is not an easy task in these kind of pitches. :)

MADDY
26th April 2010, 07:39 PM
btw, thambi Rama - dont be disheartened.....a small story to cheer u up.............when Australia didnt even make it to semis in their home world cup in 1992, Allan border went literally to streets - invested all his time/life in finding talents for austrlia and build a fort of 11 great players with 20 strong benchers.........then mark taylor and steve waugh facilitated his dreams..........result of their talent hunt: adam gilchrist, gillespie, brett lee etc and a impeccable hat trick world cups :bow: ...........(ponting is reaping all benefits but seeds were sown by Allan border :thumbsup: )

sachin is having a similar vision and he is a much better cricketing brain than border = he will do wonders to MI and im sure they will be one of the strongest teams in coming years - unbeatable for years together :) .....

* i know, Allan border story or legend is a bit exaggerated but i sincerely feel he is the god father of australian cricket.....
** im not trying to "vendha punla vela paaikradhu" - sorry if it has come out so..........i felt bad for rama thambi and couple of my sachin fan frnds - thats it :)

btw, Bala though was on SMS conversation with us and cheering CSK - avaru patta dharma sangadam enakkum, kals-kku dhaan puriyum.........oru 2 hrskku VTV jessie madhiri aaittaru :lol: ..........ivaru sachin fan illainna - vera yaarunnu enakku theriyala........unga thoettam, neenga vaarunga but bala, rama are two awesome men and my frnds 8-)

Nerd
26th April 2010, 07:44 PM
When the batsman at the other end had just got 22 off the previous over I don't understand why would Rayudu not run back for the second. He wanted to be a hero as well I guess. iLaraththam mannichiralaam but the fault was entirely Rayudu's.

ajithfederer
26th April 2010, 07:44 PM
(This will be my last post on this issue)

Wanting a franchise to win is an entirely different issue, people may have their tastes and opinions, free will ya I agree :bow:.

But What I couldn't understand was yesterday that many Sachin fans in facebook/orkut were praying/wanting for sachin to get out. I look into their profile we have Sachin's page there. Fan-nu sollikittae Thalaivar out aaganumnu nenaikaradhu ellam eppadi than mudiyumo :bow:. All I wish to see is these people jumping up and down when he plays for India.

P.S:
The funniest thing is I got an sms from a number saying that "you are cordially invited to attend Mumbai Indians funeral". Enakku sirikaradha azharadhannae theriala. One silly thing I have seen in years. It's afterall one match. And I don't have a clue on how they got my number here. That is puzzling me even now. The same MI team has three members playing for India. Sachin Bhajji and Zaheer. Next year world cup win panna ivanunga enna nenaipaanuga than enaku theriala.

Lastly, people who wanted Sachin to be the MOS but CSK to win...rombo santhoshamaa irunga...

Nerd
26th April 2010, 07:49 PM
But What I couldn't understand was yesterday that many Sachin fans in facebook/orkut were praying/wanting for sachin to get out. I look into their profile we have Sachin's page there. Fan-nu sollikittae Thalaivar out aaganumnu nenaikaradhu ellam eppadi than mudiyumo :bow:.
We (I am also talking for feddy/RK here) are nobody to give certificates and guage sachin fanaticism of anyone and there's no question of fatwa etc. But this piece, the one I had quoted above is what I fail to understand. How can a Sachin fan (not meaning anyone from here because I don't know what they did) even wish Sachin to get out? And there was this moron friend of mine, who calls himself a Sachin fan in facebook with a status message "You should have walked" - yeah like the opposition captains overruled the millions of wrong LBW/CB decisions against him :banghead:

ajithfederer
26th April 2010, 07:57 PM
And after watching the match went to a Dunkin's coffee shop yesterday evening where this friend of mine who knows that i am Thamizhan pops at me.

He: hey congratulations man your team won!!!

Me: I wanted Bombay to win. I wanted sachin to win.

ajithfederer
26th April 2010, 07:58 PM
Fatwa nnu sollardhellam remba over :bow:

Enga orkutlayae vandhu thalaivar aadura team thokkanum, Thalaivar out aaganumnnu solladhinga nnu than sonnom.

joe
26th April 2010, 08:11 PM
It is very much understandable that CSK not representing Tamil or Tamil nadu or chennai . So there is no surprise many prefer Great Sachin over a team for having 'chennai' in its name ..Player like Sachin truely deserves such adoration.

But ,assume Sachin playing for CSK ..I am not sure how many Sachin fans from Mumbai or North india will want CSK to win ..But I am sure definitely not as many as from Chennai wanted Sachin's team to win irrespective of home town or whatsoever .

Here I am not complaining on our guys ..Infact I am proud on this as many of our people have broader perspective. 8-)

Yuvi
26th April 2010, 08:16 PM
(This will be my last post on this issue)

Wanting a franchise to win is an entirely different issue, people may have their tastes and opinions, free will ya I agree :bow:.

But What I couldn't understand was yesterday that many Sachin fans in facebook/orkut were praying/wanting for sachin to get out. I look into their profile we have Sachin's page there. Fan-nu sollikittae Thalaivar out aaganumnu nenaikaradhu ellam eppadi than mudiyumo :bow:. All I wish to see is these people jumping up and down when he plays for India.

I am speaking for myself but even if my own brother is playing for some other state, I will still be supporting Chennai for I am a Chennai-ite and my brother for I am his blood. When was the last time that the people of Chennai came together and celebrated for something.. I think we deserve to celebrate both Chennai and Sachin and thats is the reason to have prayed for the verdict of Sachin MOS and Chennai win. We thought it will be a win-win situation but as Plum as rightly quoted, it ended as lose-lose situation. Even the media isnt celebrating Chennai's success which makes us even more stumbled.

I have been constantly supporting both Chennai and Mumbai for their respective games, but when they both played I just had a good time to watch these two teams play and applaud for the best performance.

But to answer your question to get Sachin out, come on lets face it, if Chennai has to win, Tendulkar has to lose his wicket. We'd rather see him score and play his shots and get out rather than hitting his bat on the ground while the wickets are falling at the other end. I was the only one in the gang of 10 who watched the game to have supported Sachin and his every bit of batting. I was even hit by a glass from my friend (lightly) for applauding for Sachin. It is just the matter of whether you choose Mumbai for Sachin or Chennai for Chennai-ian. Some chose the former, and I , the latter. But I for one, didnt want Sachin's wicket, as I thought chasing down that target in that particular pitch will always be difficult.

P.S:
The funniest thing is I got an sms from a number saying that "you are cordially invited to attend Mumbai Indians funeral". Enakku sirikaradha azharadhannae theriala. One silly thing I have seen in years. It's afterall one match. And I don't have a clue on how they got my number here. That is puzzling me even now. The same MI team has three members playing for India. Sachin Bhajji and Zaheer. Next year world cup win panna ivanunga enna nenaipaanuga than enaku theriala.

well said.. I am gonna use this for my FB friends who are fan of this event. :thumbsup:

19thmay
26th April 2010, 08:21 PM
To me IPL is a clean fun! I was enjoying and supporting some teams for my pleasure. I don't know how many people here [except few hardcore fans] takes this series quite seriously? At least I am not.

Sachin plays here alright but why suddenly so much of fanaticism shown for this series? Some people here think that T20 is a crap, right? Or the perception has changed? :huh:

A fan should be a fanatic always? can't he remain just a fan? :roll:

Plum
26th April 2010, 08:22 PM
Seri bala ungaLukkum certificate kedachidichi - naan thaniyA oru thOttam pOttukkarEn
Nerd, af: I haven't wished for sachin to fail against chennai. Mi vs csk will be win-win-nu nenaichEn but it turned out to be lose-lose.

joe
26th April 2010, 08:24 PM
To me IPL is a clean fun! I was enjoying and supporting some teams for my pleasure. I don't know how many people here [except few hardcore fans] takes this series quite seriously? At least I am not.

ditto.. :)

Dinesh84
26th April 2010, 08:26 PM
Raina can develop to utmost Ganguly level but Rayudu has the talent to become a mix of Dravid and Laxman. :huh: ithu thevaya?

Yuvi
26th April 2010, 08:38 PM

ditto.. :)

3rd .. We are going to forget this once we win the T20 in the Islands 8-)

Nerd
26th April 2010, 08:42 PM
I for one don't care what format Sachin plays. T20I or IPL or Gully cricket or exhibition match or test matches I want sachin to make runs. And if he is captaining a side, I want that to win. Did Sachin think IPL was *fun*? Apparently he did NOT and that showed.

And middle finger to T20 WC or for that matter any other cricket match in which the lord is not playing. You won't even see me posting on those threads.

ajithfederer
26th April 2010, 09:01 PM
Yuvi

For me and some fans here like Nerd, rk and others cricket is just Tendulkar. National team-layae thalaivan illati naan paakuradhilla idhula franchises ellam :). I am very sorry.

ajithfederer
26th April 2010, 09:03 PM
+10000000000000000000000..........

I for one don't care what format Sachin plays. T20I or IPL or Gully cricket or exhibition match or test matches I want sachin to make runs. And if he is captaining a side, I want that to win. Did Sachin think IPL was *fun*? Apparently he did NOT and that showed.

+1.

And middle finger to T20 WC or for that matter any other cricket match in which the lord is not playing. You won't even see me posting on those threads.

Yuvi
26th April 2010, 09:11 PM
Yuvi

For me and some fans here like Nerd, rk and others cricket is just Tendulkar. National team-layae thalaivan illati naan paakuradhilla idhula franchises ellam :). I am very sorry.

fair enough/nice to know :)

sathya_1979
26th April 2010, 09:24 PM

IIRC, its against Aus in bangalore in 98 when he carted Mcgrath

Thirumaran
26th April 2010, 09:39 PM

That is what i wanted to post when i wanted to share my thoughts !

This man has done so much for indian Cricket and i wanted something on his name and i know for sure he is very much serious and dedicated to get this cup..

Definitely for me this cup is nothing and i dont care even a bit. Only for the Sake of Sachin's satisfaction i wanted his team to win. Even if he had captained for Punjab i would have wanted that to win.

Very easiest thing to understand.. Eththana vali, vaethana ellaam poruthuttu ithana years Indian cricket kaaga uyir koduthirukaar.. Avaroada satisfaction kaaga he deserves this and World Cup next year.

Innum thelivaa sollanumnaa, Cinemaa kaaga iththana varusham kastapadura Kamal, Dream Project aa Marudanayagam eduthtu vanthaa, i wont be interested in that Project to Flop. It can fit to any Great Achievers no matter what.

I wanted his team to win only for his satisfaction nothing else.

And i am with Ramakrishna for his thoughts too.

Chennai home team, athukaaga support nnu sollrathu suththa paeththal, of course imo. who knows future la, north chennai, south chennai nnu kooda teams varalaam :banghead:

North Indian friends kindal pannuvaanga, avangalukaaga naan itha support panniyae aaganumnu solrathulayum enakku udanpaadu illa.. I dont mind some one making fun of me if chennai loses.. For The greatness of Sachin i dont mind that. Btw appadi solrathaala yaarum kaevalamaaga poarathilla.

Remember SAchin never puts himself as Maharashtrian, but as an Indian.

+1.

+1

Thirumaran
26th April 2010, 09:40 PM
BTW Congrats Chennai for their win :thumbsup:

ajithfederer
26th April 2010, 09:42 PM
TM :thumbsup:

sathya_1979
26th April 2010, 09:50 PM
I was shouting today morning at everyone, at home. My mom said "Unnoda oru vayasu paiyyannukku irukkira arivu unakku illai". My response "Enakku ungaLa vida (Family), matha ellaatha vida sila vishayam mukkiyam. Sachin tops that list. I would mourn his loss more than anything else"

joe
26th April 2010, 09:54 PM
TM,
Ippo enna solla vaReenga ? Sachin-na ethirththu viLayaduRathu thesa Drogam ..avar India-kkaga uzhachathai gowravikka match nadaththamaleye avar kaiyila cup kuduthirukkaNum ..is it so? :roll:

sathya_1979
26th April 2010, 09:56 PM
He deserved more than anybody else not for his contributions to Indian Cricket, but for his performances in IPL 2010.

joe
26th April 2010, 10:04 PM
He deserved more than anybody else not for his contributions to Indian Cricket, but for his performances in IPL 2010.

OK ..But why this kuyyo muRaiyo :roll:

Any team have a better performance in a particular day.

sachin himself said "CSK played better than us today ..They deserved it" .

Thirumaran
26th April 2010, 10:06 PM
TM,
Ippo enna solla vaReenga ? Sachin-na ethirththu viLayaduRathu thesa Drogam ..avar India-kkaga uzhachathai gowravikka match nadaththamaleye avar kaiyila cup kuduthirukkaNum ..is it so? :roll:

appadi naan sollalayae.. Kamal Maruthanayagam release pannumboathu 3 months munnaadiyo pinnaadiyo yaarum padam release panna vaenaamnu yaarum solla maataanga.. As a movie lover and knowing Kamal's love for the movies i would only wish Maruthanayagam to be a great Success.. As simple as that.

If u are a great cricket fan and if u know the amount of Dedication and pain Sachin contributed to Indian Cricket u can get my point. There are people who believe sachin perusaa onnum pannala.. Avanga Sachin lose pannanumnu ninaikirathu persiya vishayam illa..

Anyway i am done with my thoughts.

sathya_1979
26th April 2010, 10:07 PM
Joe, no Sachin fan will want him to get the trophy by default. We are just sharing the pain that the most consistent team and performer did not win the title which they deserve the most.

19thmay
26th April 2010, 10:07 PM
I love Sachin, seeing Sachin as a losing captain hurts me. Infact avar nethu out aanona ennala match paaka mudila [90's habit], switch off pannitu last 3 overs thaan paarthen.

Adhukaaga, Sachin fan-a irrukiravan vera yaarayum support panna koodadhu, pannina neenga sachin fan-ra tag-a kazhati vaikanum-nu solradha, order panradha, ennala othukka mudiyala. Idhey concept-a neenga matha field-layum follow panreengala? IR-um venum ARR-um venum-na enna artham? :huh:

IPL for fun thaan, ippadi thaan pOna varusham varaikum irrundhadhu indha hub-la? Indha varusham thaan ellarukum enna aachunE therila!!
:roll:

Thirumaran
26th April 2010, 10:08 PM
sachin himself said "CSK played better than us today ..They deserved it" .

There is no second thoughts on that and no one is complaining CSK winning or so.

sathya_1979
26th April 2010, 10:09 PM
Indha varusham the 2 most supported teams (Supported togather by most hubbers) met in the finals. That's the reason. Naama rendu ponnungaLa love senju rendum work out aayiduchinnaa, yaara pirinjaalum adhu lose-lose scenario dhaan. Same here :lol:

joe
26th April 2010, 10:15 PM
TM,
I got your point and I have a great respect for Tendulkar.

But your kamal movie examples are :rotfl: ..That is really out of context when compare with Cricket.

Success of one movie doesn't depend on failure of another movie . Even in direct clash with another movie ,both can win .

Just because Sachin not lifting this IPL trophy , avarukku vazh naaL avamaanam nadantha maathiri pesuRathu enakku puriyalla .

But now I start to understand from the comments in various forums , it is not about MI Vs CSK or Mumbai Vs Chennai ,but just Sachin Vs Dhoni .. hmm ..anyway ,ennoda cricket knowledge-a karuthil kondu pothikkittu poyiduRen. :lol:

HonestRaj
26th April 2010, 10:23 PM
Chennai home team, athukaaga support nnu sollrathu suththa paeththal, of course imo. who knows future la, north chennai, south chennai nnu kooda teams varalaam :banghead:

In my team (office) most people wanted MI to win.. not just because of Sachin.. but they don't want a team from TN to win.. they don't realise it was captained by a non-tamil.....

another one is a HC Sachin fan.. when RCB played MI, he said.. "I want sachin to score a century but MI to lose"..

Chennai'ku naangale support pannalainna vera yaru pannuva :(

joe
26th April 2010, 10:31 PM
[tscii:50ac0d1a37]
who knows future la, north chennai, south chennai nnu kooda teams varalaam :banghead:

:lol:

வந்தா வட சென்னை காரன் வட சென்னைக்கும் , தென் சென்னை காரன் தென் சென்னைக்கும் சப்போர்ட் பண்ணுவாங்க ..அது இயல்பு . தென் சென்னைல சில பேர் ‘நான் ரொம்ப பரந்த மனசு உள்ளவனாக்கும்’ -ன்னு காட்டிகிட ரொம்பவே மெனக்கெட்டு மத்திய சென்னைக்கு ஆதரவு-ன்னு அடம் பிடிப்பாங்க ..தென் சென்னைல இருந்துகிட்டு தென் சென்னையவே சப்போர்ட் பண்ணுற ஆட்களை கொஞ்சம் கூட பரந்தமனசு இல்லா முட்டாப்பசங்கன்ணு திட்டினாலும் திட்டுவாங்க .

அரசியல்ல இதெல்லாம் சகஜமப்பா :lol: [/tscii:50ac0d1a37]

ajithfederer
26th April 2010, 10:32 PM
Yebba saami sridar get the point straight. Many sachin fans wanted him to get out and were rooting for it to happen so. Fansnnu sollitae yen ya out aaganumnu nenaikuringa. I am a fan of him and it certainly affects my instincts/support as well. Fannu sollikittae Out aaganumnu avanunga nenaipaanga appo engalai ellam paatha eppadi theriudhu. And we can't point out this eh?. :huh:.

Adhukaaga, Sachin fan-a irrukiravan vera yaarayum support panna koodadhu, pannina neenga sachin fan-ra tag-a kazhati vaikanum-nu solradha, order panradha, ennala othukka mudiyala. Idhey concept-a neenga matha field-layum follow panreengala? IR-um venum ARR-um venum-na enna artham? :huh:

VinodKumar's
26th April 2010, 10:33 PM

TM unga logic padi paatha Sachin fan MI kku thaan support pannanumnu sollurathum suththa paeththal thaan. Yarukku theriyum antha Sachin fanku MI team la vera yarayavathu pudikaama irrukalam.

19thmay
26th April 2010, 10:37 PM
I am out of this topic, I can't argue publicly with my friends! I will meet you in chat af & Nerd. :twisted: :wave:

Thirumaran
26th April 2010, 10:37 PM
But your kamal movie examples are :rotfl: ..That is really out of context when compare with Cricket.

Cricket and movie is different world altogether.. if u get the context i say why i wanted Sachin's team to to win, u can understand the anology..

And i dont care of Sachin vs Dhoni and the same is the case with any Sachin supporters. Intha 3 IPL la enthentha captain kittayo thoathaachu and who minds losing with a Person whom Sachin Supported to became a captain :huh: chinna pulla thanamaa paesaatheenga :P

As i said Just for the satisfaction of Sachin, the greatest. Romba simple.. itha purinjikka enna kastam :roll:

btw neenga yaerkanave solli irukeenga.. cricket paththi perusaa onnum theriyaathunnu.. I dont expect u to know the achievements and pains Sachin underwent thoughout his career. If u can get that, u can get what i mean.

Sridhar,
I would apply the same concept for other fields too.. For me ARR is next to IR in Music.. Kamal is more than these two in cinema.

ARR got Oscar and Made all indian proud. Ippa ARR dream project onnum Kamal nadikira masala padam onnum ore samayathula release i would really wish Kamal Padam to come next to ARR's Project.. Once again with this IPL thing it is not an apt example.. But konjam menakettaa naan solla varatha purinjikalaam.

I am done with this.

Anyway inimae naan reply pannuvaennu expect pannaatheenga.. I am out. :wave:

Good night. bye to Sports section :wave: So enjoy :P

joe
26th April 2010, 10:44 PM
Intha 3 IPL la enthentha captain kittayo thoathaachu and who minds losing with a Person whom Sachin Supported to became a captain :huh: chinna pulla thanamaa paesaatheenga :P

As usual நல்ல திசை திருப்பல் .:)

It is not my opinion ,but just my observation from comments from many forums.

Thirumaran
26th April 2010, 10:50 PM

TM unga logic padi paatha Sachin fan MI kku thaan support pannanumnu sollurathum suththa paeththal thaan. Yarukku theriyum antha Sachin fanku MI team la vera yarayavathu pudikaama irrukalam.

naan ozhungaa thaan sonnaenaa :roll: i was not asking Sachin fan to support MI.

The Key i was talking here is Sachin, his greatness, his dedication to Indian Cricket these many years and his satisfaction. He has done so many achievemnets. But avaraukku personallaa irukka koodiya big wishes imo is, ithu maathiri periya tournament Captain panni win panrathu and being part of world cup winning team.

joe,
I am not definitely in that if u believe or not.

sari theriyaama innoru post panniten.. Summaa vambukku izhukaatheenga yaarum.. :evil: ellaarum vaenumanae purinjikaatha maathiri act panreenga :x byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeee....................................

HonestRaj
26th April 2010, 10:52 PM
TM.. nethu night 12 midnight'ku score kEttu SMS pannen. .neenga reply pannalai :)

thambi sourav than pannaan :)

Thirumaran
26th April 2010, 10:58 PM
TM.. nethu night 12 midnight'ku score kEttu SMS pannen. .neenga reply pannalai :)

naan morning thaan note pannaen sorry :oops:

will call u tomm :P

ajithfederer
26th April 2010, 11:12 PM
Enga kettalum en badhil idhuva than irukkum sridar :).

I am out of this topic, I can't argue publicly with my friends! I will meet you in chat af & Nerd. :twisted: :wave:

Bala (Karthik)
26th April 2010, 11:15 PM
Yebba saami sridar get the point straight. Many sachin fans wanted him to get out and were rooting for it to happen so. Fansnnu sollitae yen ya out aaganumnu nenaikuringa. I am a fan of him and it certainly affects my instincts/support as well. Fannu sollikittae Out aaganumnu avanunga nenaipaanga appo engalai ellam paatha eppadi theriudhu. And we can't point out this eh?. :huh:.

[In general, i know there were some people who wished Sachin to fail whenever MI were playing CSK. I'm not one of them. Illa Sachin a oru poruttave karudhaama irukkaradhu. It enrages me to no end, too]

1. Sethu pona match (yes, it was, even at that stage, i will stand by it). Of course Sachin cannot score in every match. Let his off day come in this match. Its nothing for Mumbai and Sachin.
And you will understand this only if you have a conflict. That you don't is a different matter but that does not necessarily make you a holier fan than someone who does. Being a fan of Sachin goes back a long way (National level la Sachin peru veliya varumbodhe enga annan, avan friends ellam fans, andha soozhal la valarndha naanum obviously fan) and is something internal and cannot and need not always be manifested by conforming to some diktats, posting in forums, and jumping around. Ovvoruthanukkum personal level la neraya idhu madhiri irukkum.

2. Support for Chennai (Coimbatore, Madurai, Thiruchenkodu idhula edhu vandhaalum my reaction is to support it) is my natural reaction. Its not quite the same when it comes to the national side. The fact that the entire country outside (and even within) TN is not just against you but is making you the subject of ridicule, racism and condescension just adds fuel to that reaction. TM is trying to interpret it in a different way. Doesn't mean we are supporting CSK just because someone pulled a leg or two. Idhayellam porutpaduthaama irukka naanga jadam illa, unarchi ulla manushanga.

3. "Point out panradha"? Therinjavanga kitterndhu indha muraila "point out" panradha naan edhir parkala. Adhaan nalla pullaya odhungitten. Adhu mudinja pinnum summa adhaye thirumba thirumba post panradhunaala dhaan thirumba inga vandhu post pannen.

4. When it comes to the national team, for a very long time its been only about Sachin for me. India winning is just a bonus. Like most Sachin fans, i lose interest when Sachin goes. In fact, i sometimes even wish India loses, in the hope that the point is made about who Sachin is.
So, the last thing i need is lectures on what makes a true Sachin fan, what i should post here, which queue i should stand in to get this certification or whatever.

Bala (Karthik)
26th April 2010, 11:21 PM
And whats with this rubbish about "Sachin is Indian first, Pandian second"?? :huh: The fact that we were/are in the same country as him just made the foundation strong. Even if he gets Australian citizenship and plays for them support ennaikkume Kullanukku dhaan

ajithfederer
27th April 2010, 12:03 AM
Bala naan kuripitta ungalai sollala. Annaikku match annaitha vishayam. neenga adhai dhairyama indha thread-lasonnadhe peria vishayam. Annaikku sema mood out peria level fansae ippadi sonna eppadingra reaction. adhu annaitha matter. Naan nethu innaikku panna posts annathai vishayathukku illa.

Naan osathiyaana fan nee ayokiyaanu naan sollala. Solla enaku yogyadhayum kedayadhu. Nethu there were specific facebook status messages and updates. To some extent it was seen in orkut also. Idhula enaku kadupaana vishayame adhula padhi peru sachin fansaa irukaanga. I can understand if opposite parties post such messages.Cricket, In general Indian cricket-kku ivvalau senjum tendulkar-kku innum bashing irukku. Ippadi irukkum podhu en ippadi thalaivar side-ae same side goal adikureengannu than enaku kekka thonudhu. As a result of yesterday's result I can already see news updates like "sachin fails yet another time at finals", sachin's captaincy fails estra estra. Idhellam oru coupled chain reaction madhiri aagi pochu which are my posts today.

[In general, i know there were some people who wished Sachin to fail whenever MI were playing CSK. I'm not one of them. Illa Sachin a oru poruttave karudhaama irukkaradhu. It enrages me to no end, too]

1. Sethu pona match (yes, it was, even at that stage, i will stand by it). Of course Sachin cannot score in every match. Let his off day come in this match. Its nothing for Mumbai and Sachin.
And you will understand this only if you have a conflict. That you don't is a different matter but that does not necessarily make you a holier fan than someone who does. Being a fan of Sachin goes back a long way (National level la Sachin peru veliya varumbodhe enga annan, avan friends ellam fans, andha soozhal la valarndha naanum obviously fan) and is something internal and cannot and need not always be manifested by conforming to some diktats, posting in forums, and jumping around. Ovvoruthanukkum personal level la neraya idhu madhiri irukkum.

2. Support for Chennai (Coimbatore, Madurai, Thiruchenkodu idhula edhu vandhaalum my reaction is to support it) is my natural reaction. Its not quite the same when it comes to the national side. The fact that the entire country outside (and even within) TN is not just against you but is making you the subject of ridicule, racism and condescension just adds fuel to that reaction. TM is trying to interpret it in a different way. Doesn't mean we are supporting CSK just because someone pulled a leg or two. Idhayellam porutpaduthaama irukka naanga jadam illa, unarchi ulla manushanga.

3. "Point out panradha"? Therinjavanga kitterndhu indha muraila "point out" panradha naan edhir parkala. Adhaan nalla pullaya odhungitten. Adhu mudinja pinnum summa adhaye thirumba thirumba post panradhunaala dhaan thirumba inga vandhu post pannen.

4. When it comes to the national team, for a very long time its been only about Sachin for me. India winning is just a bonus. Like most Sachin fans, i lose interest when Sachin goes. In fact, i sometimes even wish India loses, in the hope that the point is made about who Sachin is.
So, the last thing i need is lectures on what makes a true Sachin fan, what i should post here, which queue i should stand in to get this certification or whatever.

ajithfederer
27th April 2010, 12:09 AM
Naan marupadiyum solren nethu fb la paatha sila messages aala than indha reaction. You are right Idhu mudinju pona kadhai Enakkum idha continue panrardhilla viruppam illa.

MADDY
27th April 2010, 08:09 AM

Chennai home team-nnu yaarume sollala.......pls dont bracket all of CSK supporters as blind fanatics who dont even understand its "afterall" a corporate franchisee team........Sachin panna "cricketing" achievements-kke IPL jeikkanum-nnu sonneenga -- naa porandhu, vazharndhu, enna aal aakkiya ooru-chennai, andha ooru pera vechha team - adhukku naanga support panna koodadha?? i dont see any fanatism or regionalism here........u know im not 100% tamilian so this has nothing to do with thamizh or anything - just for city sake.....if i was born in bangalore, i would have supported RCB - simple........north chennai v central chennai, ofcourse i would support central chennai.....choolaimedu v kasimedu - i will support choolai....... idhula paethal enna irukku??? country-a pirikkava solrom??

when sachin plays for MI, he plays for Ambani mattum-nnu solreengala - he plays for his favorite city Mumbai.......i have seen some of his reactions in few ranji matches he has played and IPL matches now - he is so proud of being a mahrashtrian and playing for mumbai :bow: ..........adhe logic dhaan enakkum, when it comes to ranji trophy/IPL, chennai and TN gets our support and yes sachin becomes our opponent (not enemy)....that doesent mean we disrespect tendulkar or we dont recognise his achievements.......i know his contribution in bringing the whole country together - adhukku bharat ratna-ve kudukkalaam - neenga verum IPL dhaan ketkareenga :P

i just replied becos it was pretty condescending on CSK supporters as a whole.......

joe
27th April 2010, 09:08 AM
well said Maddy.

ajaybaskar
27th April 2010, 09:30 AM
Maddy,

Exactly my thoughts. But enakku ivlo koarvaiya ezhudha varaadhunnu post pannalai...

Sourav
27th April 2010, 10:17 AM
S Tiwary gets the U-23 success of the tournament award. :clap:
Pollard also equally deserves the award IMO, he got very less time to bat in most matches, his bowling and fielding was good. 273 runs with 170+ s/r, 15 wkts.

Plum
27th April 2010, 10:50 AM
I really dont see support for TN Ranji team as much as CSK in this forum. Thiru, you'd be way off the mark if you associated regional pride to CSK support. apdi irundhA TN Ranji matches-ku participation irukkaNum Domestic thread-la - andha thread 50 page mudikkaradhukkE mukkudhu whereas CSK 4th part is going strong in 2 months as compared to 34 pages in 4 years for the Domestic Cricket thread.

kid-glove
27th April 2010, 10:57 AM
The support to CSK has been much better this season (than last two) because of three TN players, Murali Vijay, Ashwin and Badrinath. 8-)

Plum
27th April 2010, 10:58 AM
All 3 have been performing hugely in domestic cricket for years but I wonder how many would have known even their names before 2009 IPL(not even 2008 IPL)

ajaybaskar
27th April 2010, 11:01 AM
Plum,

There is a difference between T20 and 4 day cricket. Which tv shows Ranji trophy matches live? Neo cricketla sila matches poduraanga. But neraiya veetla Neo cricket varaadhu. when the reach is high, automatically the support also will be high. Enakku Ajith padam pidikkadhu. But Avar F2la participate panraarunnu therinjavudane romba sandhoshapatten. Namma oor kaararngra perumai. Idhellam solli varradhilla. Thaana varradhu!

kid-glove
27th April 2010, 11:04 AM
The support to CSK has been much better this season (than last two) because of three TN players, Murali Vijay, Ashwin and Badrinath. 8-)

And the fringe players too, Balaji, Anirudha, etc

FlAm,
Yeah, first class cricket is neglected. There is free coverage in DD sports I'd imagine, but not much hype, interest and attention (deficit disorder, rather)..

P_R
27th April 2010, 11:36 AM
Flau, badhil therinjikittE kELvi kEkkappadaadhu. IPL/T20 is more attractive- adhai ellAm ukkAndhu dispeet paNNittirukka mudiyAdhu.

It is kinda the same logic as cricket is naturally a more glamorous game than <insert game of your choice>.

Btw indha CSK-TN parallel-ai neenga udaradhA illai :lol2: Ippo CSK jeyichiruchu, udanE Ranji jeyichuruvAingaLA ? :-)

M.Vijay- Abhinav Mukund- Arun Kathik ellAm thonRuthottu adichikittu dhaan irukkAinga. Aaanaalum brambhaiya asaichukka mudiyAdhu, asaichukka mudiyAdhu !

P_R
27th April 2010, 11:37 AM
k-g, signature is.....interesting :-)

Plum
27th April 2010, 11:50 AM
Flau, badhil therinjikittE kELvi kEkkappadaadhu. IPL/T20 is more attractive- adhai ellAm ukkAndhu dispeet paNNittirukka mudiyAdhu

Oh no disputes on that. The thing is "passion" is different illaiyA? I was responding to Thirumaran, who felt that people support CSK because of regional pride etc(and the ramifications on India, Indian etc). My take is that for regional pride to be a serious factor, and have ramifications further that he implies, the supporter needs to be passionate, which is not the case here.

I mean, until this year, there wasnt even a decent TN representation in the team yet CSK were just as popular last year as they are this year. (This is not to argue that TN boys should be there irrespective of performance levels, just that TN factor is not as important in any support for CSK)

I am not equating TN and CSK - far from it. I am saying TN Ranji team will always be less popular than CSK and one cannot accuse CSK supporters as being "narrow-minded", "regional" etc.

joe
27th April 2010, 11:55 AM

And the fringe players too, Balaji, Anirudha, etc

MuraLitharan is not alien ..He is chennai maapiLLai :lol:

Plum
27th April 2010, 12:07 PM
As i said Just for the satisfaction of Sachin, the greatest. Romba simple.. itha purinjikka enna kastam

This, I understand. Ofcourse, anyone rooting for MI(whether for MI alone or equally for MI and CSK), the primary motivation would have been this, especially outside Mumbai.

Only thing is my perspective is that he has already proven his captaincy skills, and not winning the one-off final is not a big deal. What did he do
* Select the right talent - tick
* Build them into a unit - tick
* Assign roles and manage them smartly - tick
* Develop the talent by challenging them - tick
* Lead from the front when required - tick

idhuku mEla enna paNNa mudiyum as Captain? idhukku mEla luck is the only thing. And since you cannot have everything in Life, if that is his destiny, so be it. I am sure he'll come to terms with it.

I understand AF's perspective that, "how can you wish for Sachin's dismissal". I dont think I ever wanted "Sachin for MOS and CSK for IPL-3". To me, it was I wanted a MI-CSK final, and anything is fine after that. Eventually, I realised after the event that, I am actually not happy with "the best team on the day winning". But at the same time, if CSK lost and MI was the better team in the day, I'd have still had that tinge of regret that the TN boys lost. Which is why I call it lose-lose.

But the way I have got reactions on either thread certainly made me feel that it had gone beyond fun and discussion - the hostility(less pronounced and personal in this thread than the other one) took me aback although I realised how I might have contributed to that so I dont really think a big deal about it but was I taken aback by the hostility intiially? yes.

P_R
27th April 2010, 12:09 PM
Oh I agree.
TN, India ellAm support naturally flows.

vaththalO thoththalO, eeyamO-pithaLaiyO, Balaji-Jesuraj vachchu Delhi koodura viLayAdura team mEla oru piriyam, bandham, pAsam. :lol2:

Forget foreigners.. Jakatiswaran, Nainar, Parthiban - ellAm ottavE mAttEngudhu.

Heck, Parthiv helped himself to a fluent century chiefly off the buffet offerings of Balaji and Ashwin just a few months back. adhai ellAm mannichchu support paNNaNumnA...eppidinga mudiyin.

kid-glove
27th April 2010, 12:10 PM
k-g, signature is.....interesting :-) :froggrin:

joe
27th April 2010, 12:21 PM
one cannot accuse CSK supporters as being "narrow-minded", "regional" etc.

If one can accuse like that ,then i am sure the one should be big hypocrite as I believe that Chennaities and TN people are most level headed in this country and they have proved in many occasions .

In a IPL final ,whatever may be the result , Mumbai crowd didn't have a basic decency to stay and cheer for the winners and we are the people gave standing ovation even to pakistan team ..So preachers here first go and preach other parts of india ..try to get them to reach our level first :huh:

kid-glove
27th April 2010, 12:27 PM
Actually, chennai-ites are more dignified, they know to compromise and underplay their choices. It's in the blood to be ambivalent that (in real life, not in forums) they tend to hide their support to not offend others. Of course there are exceptions. But I haven't seen this mentality from Northies..

Plum
27th April 2010, 12:29 PM
Oh I agree.
TN, India ellAm support naturally flows.

vaththalO thoththalO, eeyamO-pithaLaiyO, Balaji-Jesuraj vachchu Delhi koodura viLayAdura team mEla oru piriyam, bandham, pAsam. :lol2:

Forget foreigners.. Jakatiswaran, Nainar, Parthiban - ellAm ottavE mAttEngudhu.

Heck, Parthiv helped himself to a fluent century chiefly off the buffet offerings of Balaji and Ashwin just a few months back. adhai ellAm mannichchu support paNNaNumnA...eppidinga mudiyin.

Absolutely. TN vs Mumbai - would I wish for Sachin to fail? Possibly yes. For CSK vs MI - No!

MADDY
27th April 2010, 12:31 PM
try to get them to reach our level first :huh:

generally bombay people are warm (equivalent TN example would be madurai people) but the southie jibes are there but i found them harmless always......i mean, nakkal pannuvaanga but that never affected my career or education there.......

but when it comes to cricket - they are pretty poor crowd......they are the only crowd in history of cricket to boo sachin tendulkar :bow: .....i know it was only a section but thats a disgrace to the whole city......they boo-ed murali too in sunday's match when he came on to bowl probably bcos of his color or his origin - idhukke ippadi naa, innum delhi-ellam sanseless :lol: .........

MADDY
27th April 2010, 12:33 PM
But the way I have got reactions on either thread certainly made me feel that it had gone beyond fun and discussion - the hostility(less pronounced and personal in this thread than the other one) took me aback although I realised how I might have contributed to that so I dont really think a big deal about it but was I taken aback by the hostility intiially? yes.

we too didnt expect so much hostility from u when we were attributing success to MSD and esp my posts.......most of our match winning celebrations were spoiled :) but we thoroughly celebrated the trophy win 8-)

Plum
27th April 2010, 12:36 PM
Maddy, see this.

...although I realised how I might have contributed to that so I dont really think a big deal about it...

Ramakrishna
27th April 2010, 01:45 PM
"nee poranthu valarnthathu bangalore-la RCB ku support panraa..."

"nee ippo irukkarthu Chennai, your mother tongue is tamil, so CSK ku support pannu"

Intha maathiri ellaam niraiyaa paer kettu en kooda sanda potrukkkaanga..

ithu etho oru rule maathiri pesittu irukkaanga.

Plum
27th April 2010, 01:54 PM
"nee poranthu valarnthathu bangalore-la RCB ku support panraa..."

"nee ippo irukkarthu Chennai, your mother tongue is tamil, so CSK ku support pannu"

Intha maathiri ellaam niraiyaa paer kettu en kooda sanda potrukkkaanga..

ithu etho oru rule maathiri pesittu irukkaanga.

That's interesting. Out here in HUB, I dont think anyone took that line.

Oh already CSK=TN rangekku pOyiduchA namma oorula - besh besh.

Ramakrishna
27th April 2010, 03:25 PM
That's interesting. Out here in HUB, I dont think anyone took that line.

Oh already CSK=TN rangekku pOyiduchA namma oorula - besh besh.

Actually i don't have an issue with that...But ellaarum apdiye irukkanumnu ethirpaakraanga, impose panna try panraanga, this is not just in Chennai, Blore liyum athey problem thaan....Support panlannaa sandaikku varaanga....I almost fought with one of my roommates during the final.

ajithfederer
27th April 2010, 08:44 PM
:fatigue: :fatigue:

joe
27th April 2010, 08:53 PM
:fatigue: :fatigue:

ajithfederer
27th April 2010, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the understanding, Plum. Nice to know that atleast one soul other than the gang here understood this.

I understand AF's perspective that, "how can you wish for Sachin's dismissal".

joe
27th April 2010, 09:23 PM
Plum playing a 'Thuglak Cho of the Hub' here ..making all possible statements in all possible angles , Later easy to quote say "Naan appove sonnene " irrespective of whatever happen :rotfl:

Plum , Just I can't resist ..no offence 8-)

Plum
27th April 2010, 10:08 PM
Plum playing a 'Thuglak Cho of the Hub' here ..making all possible statements in all possible angles , Later easy to quote say "Naan appove sonnene " irrespective of whatever happen :rotfl:

Plum , Just I can't resist ..no offence 8-)

ennamA yosikkarInga. ellA sideaiyum yOsikkara pakkuvam irundhAlE idhAn prachnai :-)

Sourav
1st September 2010, 09:28 AM
squad 4 CL.
http://www.cricinfo.com/t20champions2010/content/squad/470644.html

ajithfederer
1st September 2010, 09:14 PM
Thanks sourav. Is that Keiron Pollard in your avatar?.

Sourav
1st September 2010, 09:31 PM
s. :D

Sourav
17th September 2010, 06:26 AM
pollard! :P unakku ithellam saathranam! :cool2: :clap:

In the match vs redbacks, he hit the fastest ball of the tourney (153kmph) from tait to the longest six of the tourney! 120 meters!!! Amazing! :D

ajithfederer
18th September 2010, 01:14 AM
Glad Kieron Pollard is in my team: Sachin Tendulkar

By: Iqbal Khan Date: 2010-09-17 Place: Mumbai

Sachin Tendulkar can't stop grinning after Kieron Pollard's blitzkrieg keeps Mumbai in the running for a semi-final spot

Having cost the Mumbai Indians $750 000 at the last auction and having paid his dues after a fantastic run in the 2010 IPL, Pollard took another giant step to show who is "king" in the Twenty20 arena.

Last night he lit up Sahara Stadium Kingsmead as he blasted nine sixes and one four in his 30-ball 72-run innings which helped the Mumbai Indians record their first win in the Champions League.

The Mumbai Indians scored 184-4 and then restricted Guyana to 153-7. But the Mumbai Indians still have a mountain to climb if they hope to reach the semi-final stages as they have a game against Royal Challengers Bangalore at Kingsmead on Sunday.

"I'm just so glad that he's playing in my team," said skipper Sachin Tendulkar, who was for once beaming from ear to ear.

Pollard rocked
"He can hit that ball. He showed it to all of us on the night. We knew what he could do but last night after being promoted him up the order--it was a plan to send him early if a wicket fell between the 10th and 12th overs--he got into a rhythm and rocked the Guyana outfit.

"It was an amazing show of batting skill. He knew what he was doing. I have never seen bowlers being mauled in that fashion as Kieron did."

Ramnaresh Sarwan, the Guyana captain, reiterated Tendulkar's sentiments saying that he had never in his career seen a batsman hit the ball as straight and as powerfully as his West Indian counterpart did.

"He was vicious. He felt no pain in his onslaught and it was a kind of brutality that you rarely see in cricket. He was just outstandingly brutal.

"He gained revenge for what we did to Trinidad in the semi-final of our domestic Twenty20 competition."
Pollard's half-century came off 26 balls with a four and six sixes.

His timing was precise and his power hitting was mind-boggling.

'Felt good'
"I felt good at the crease. But I had to settle in before things started going my way. That pitch was fantastic--the bounce was even and the ball came on to the bat nicely.

When I hit the first one in the slot it gave me the confidence to continue in the same vein.

"I suppose it was just my night but I'm glad I was able to get the runs on the board and win the game.

"To bat at No 3 is great and I'd like to have another opportunity," he said. Sunday's game against the Royal Challengers Bangalore is a "must-win" contest for the Mumbai Indians.

Tendulkar realises it and said: "They have a well-balanced side with some class players. It will be a good contest.

We lifted our game to a new level last night but on Sunday we will have to raise the bar much higher. It will be a tough one but a game we will have to win."

http://www.mid-day.com/sports/2010/sep/170910-Sachin-Tendulkar-Kieron-Pollard-Mumbai-Indian-cl-t20.htm

ajithfederer
18th September 2010, 01:15 AM
Thanks for this info sourav.

pollard! :P unakku ithellam saathranam! :cool2: :clap:

In the match vs redbacks, he hit the fastest ball of the tourney (153kmph) from tait to the longest six of the tourney! 120 meters!!! Amazing! :D

ajithfederer
9th December 2010, 03:26 AM
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/iplarticleshow/7065526.cms

Mumbai Indians retain Tendulkar, Harbhajan, Pollard and Malinga

Zaheer could have been retained for Bhajji mandayan.

littlemaster1982
9th December 2010, 07:59 AM
Naama onnu ninaicha, deivam onnu ninaikkudhu :|

directhit
9th December 2010, 08:09 AM
top order bat/spinner(!)/lower order hitter and pacer - good choices :thumbsup:

CSK vum retain panraanunga paaru :banghead:

littlemaster1982
9th December 2010, 08:39 AM
CSK could have retained Ashwin to have some balance, but other than that, they were right, IMO.

ajithfederer
5th January 2011, 11:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzAS7tjf3Kw&feature=sub

Kieron Pollard 53 (24) v NSW, 3rd Match 2010/11 Big Bash - 720p HD

ajithfederer
8th January 2011, 01:13 PM
Symonds and Rohit so far. Not bad picks.

Tendulkar, Rohit and Symo in Middle order, Pollard batting all rounder with Malinga. Hmm.

Ramakrishna
8th January 2011, 01:16 PM
The team doesn't look balanced..

ajithfederer
8th January 2011, 01:23 PM
Yeah right. Whom do you want then?

The team doesn't look balanced..

Ramakrishna
8th January 2011, 01:28 PM
I mean antha costly Rohith choice naala matha better players-a choose panrathu kashtamaa poidum.

sathya_1979
8th January 2011, 01:29 PM
Sachin
Opener 2
Rohit (Can bowl decently in IPL)
Middle Order 1
Symmo (Can bowl decently in IPL)
Pollard
WK
Bhajji
Malinga
Pacer 2
Spinner 2

Max one more foreigner.
WK - Takawale, decent WK and below decnt batsman
Had they got Vettori, the 2nd pacer could have been filled by Salvi
Also, Nair, Tiwari, Rayudu complete a good line up

sathya_1979
8th January 2011, 01:31 PM
Or Gayle for 400000 - Opener and one more spinner! Missed again. Or Dilscoop at 650000 - Opener and one more spinner

Ramakrishna
8th January 2011, 01:31 PM
I think Pollard will not be playing IPL 4

sathya_1979
8th January 2011, 01:32 PM
I think Pollard will not be playing IPL 4
Y? If so, MI would have known this and not retained him. Any sources

Ramakrishna
8th January 2011, 01:34 PM
Looks like WI will be playing Pakistan during that time and i heard that thats the reason why none picked Gayle.

sathya_1979
8th January 2011, 01:35 PM
Looks like WI will be playing Pakistan during that time and i heard that thats the reason why none picked Gayle.
Pollard is not a regular in Tests / ODI. So, may not be a problem. Lets see

ajithfederer
8th January 2011, 01:39 PM
Who are those better players?

Rohit by all means is a better IPL player.

I mean antha costly Rohith choice naala matha better players-a choose panrathu kashtamaa poidum.

directhit
8th January 2011, 02:03 PM
Looks like WI will be playing Pakistan during that time and i heard that thats the reason why none picked Gayle. Gayle has not signed WI board contract itself.. so some other issues

very impressive MI team

directhit
8th January 2011, 06:40 PM
from another forum...

Bajji after 2008 IPL Auction

"It's great to play for Mumbai along with Sachin, but it would have been a lot nicer if we had Symonds, who is such a wonderful player."
Harbhajan Singh's regret after the IPL auction

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/story/328723.html

now, he got his wish granted :lol2:

Plum
8th January 2011, 06:52 PM
Wicket keeper was MI's achilles heel. Atleast Dilshan cheapA eduthtirukkalAm for keeping and opening partner. I feel RK is right. Balance is missing

ajithfederer
8th January 2011, 11:19 PM
Mumbai Indians

Big-ticket signing: Rohit Sharma ($2m) - They went all out to get their local boy, especially once Yuvraj Singh was out of their grasp, which meant they had used up $6.5m early in the day, and weren't too active after that.

Bargain buy: Davy Jacobs ($190,000) - An explosive opening batsman, who starred in the last year's Champions League and can double up as a wicketkeeper. No availability issues either as he has no international commitments.

Eyebrow-raiser: Andrew Symonds - Bit of a gamble as he has spent time away from the spotlight, but it will be fascinating to see how he gets along with Harbhajan Singh.

One that got away: Yuvraj Singh (bid $1.7m)

What they need: They have lost Zaheer Khan and Ryan McLaren, and haven't got any replacement fast bowlers, so expect them to target the quicks on Sunday.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2011/content/current/story/495840.html

Yes we need one more fast bowler and a wk batsman perhaps.

[tscii:2619184c14][/tscii:2619184c14]

ajithfederer
8th January 2011, 11:41 PM
Indian Premier League Auction 2011
Davy Jacobs eager to open with Tendulkar

Firdose Moonda

January 8, 2011
Davy Jacobs plays the pull, Warriors v Chennai, Champions League Twenty20, Johannesburg, September 26, 2010
Davy Jacobs was one of the stand-out performers in the Champions League T20 last September © AFP

Just over three-quarters of a million dollars wound up separating Warriors team-mates Johan Botha and Davy Jacobs after the first day of the 2011 IPL player auction. Botha was snapped up for the massive amount of US$950,000 by the Rajasthan Royals, while Jacobs was a bargain for the Mumbai Indians at $190,000.

The difference in money doesn't bother Jacobs at all. "My base price was $20, 000 so I took a massive leap. To be honest, I would have gone for free," he told ESPNCricinfo. Jacobs made a name for himself in the Champions League Twenty20 last year, where he scored 286 runs in six matches at an average of 47.66, and led the Warriors to the final. "I got the opportunity to play in the IPL because of my performance in the Champions League, I wouldn't have got anywhere without it."

Jacobs hoped his CLT20 performances would help him earn a national call up, but he has so far been ignored. Now, he thinks if he performs well in the IPL, it might earn him a chance to wear the green and gold. "I want to play for South Africa, but I know I couldn't have played better than I did in the CLT20. I am going to put the Warriors and the Mumbai Indians first and hope I can get there. There's no point planning it anymore."

As an opening batsman, there is the real possibility that Jacobs will get to partner Sachin Tendulkar. "I've had people tweeting me saying I may be opening the batting with Sachin Tendulkar. I've never met him but it will be awesome. The whole world looks at this guy. When I was a boy, he was playing Test cricket and he is still going." Jacobs did not keep in the CLT20 because Mark Boucher was in the side, but he is an able wicketkeeper and would do the job if called on.

"I'll bat anywhere or do anything. I just want to make the most of my chance."

He is known for his lively personality on the South African domestic circuit, and said he will try to bring some of that to Mumbai. "I just want to add what I can add. I will bring the same passion and desire that I have at the Warriors."

Botha received his news in a more measured fashion. He admitted to being surprised about his high price tag. "It's a massive surprise and these types of things are life-changing but with that comes responsibility." He has had a season in the IPL before, also at the Royals and he is pleased to be back at the same franchise. "I enjoyed my time with them before. I got along well with Warnie [Shane Warne] and the coaching staff. It's a nice to go back to a team where you were before."

The South African T20 captain is concentrating on the current one-day international series against India and the World Cup before turning his attention to the IPL. "There is a lot of cricket before IPL4. I'm sure once we get there we will give 100% for our teams."

Firdose Moonda is ESPNcricinfo's South Africa correspondent
RSS Feeds: Firdose Moonda

© ESPN EMEA Ltd.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2011/content/current/story/495960.html

[tscii:843c6cdd87][/tscii:843c6cdd87]

ajithfederer
8th January 2011, 11:51 PM
So Confirmed Candidates till now

David Jacobs
Tendulkar
Rohit Sharma
Symonds
Pollard

Malinga
Franklin; James
Bhajji :twisted:

We have two all rounders(No not Bhajji; Symonds and Pollard), Two Opening batsman; One very good quick bowler(Malinga). Symonds and Pollard must be in the upper Middle order. They can do 4th and 5th positions in batting.

What's the deal with this James Franklin?. Is he a bowler or a batsman?. So we need at least two good bowlers which is very difficult with the money we have left. We can form a pretty decent team(on paper) with 2 more good bowlers.

LM; What are your thoughts?.

ajithfederer
8th January 2011, 11:58 PM
Davy Jacobs (South Africa)
Base price: $20,000

Another man who would have caught the eye of IPL franchise honchos at the Champions League. Another man who specializes in providing flying starts. And another man who doesn't play for his national team, guaranteeing his presence for the entire tournament. Besides his hitting ability, Jacobs is also credited with revitalizing his franchise in South Africa, the Warriors, after taking over the captaincy in 2008. He's not short of confidence as well, as this comment about about his possible selection to the South Africa side demonstrates: "It will be amazing for me of course but it will be massive for South Africa as well because of what I can bring on to the table." For a tournament that is all about entertainment, Jacobs promises to provide loads of it, on and off the field.

[tscii:8f9e34c767][/tscii:8f9e34c767]

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2011/content/current/story/495865.html

hmm, Not bad MI. Even though we may have pver paid Rohit we got this guy for a good bargain.

Bala (Karthik)
9th January 2011, 01:06 AM
God and his men will start as favorites 8-)

Sourav
9th January 2011, 08:05 AM
What's the deal with this James Franklin?. Is he a bowler or a batsman?. So we need at least two good bowlers which is very difficult with the money we have left. We can form a pretty decent team(on paper) with 2 more good bowlers.

Franklin oru arai korai all-rounder.... ... bowling remmmbbha sumaar,... but, batting nallla aaduvaan... namma kitta kooda last Nz series-la 2 80+ adichane.... playing XI-la vara very less chance.

ajithfederer
9th January 2011, 08:09 AM
Thanks sourav.

Plum
9th January 2011, 10:03 AM
All said and done, WC mudinjavuNE injurynu solli ukkArndhuttu Test matchkku mattum thirumbi vandhA nallA irukkum. Injurynu poi sonnAlum paravA illai. Retire Anappuram oru reNdu varusham jollykkAga IPl AdinA pOdhum

ajithfederer
9th January 2011, 10:08 AM
Al though we grabbed three good players in Rohit, Symonds and Jacobs we lost a good amount of players. Thambi's Tiwary and Duminy will be missed. Zaheer khan is a great loss. We could have traded out Bhajji thalayan for Bravo/Nayar.

ajithfederer
9th January 2011, 10:08 AM
No

Koodathu; Nadakkadhu. Othukka matten. :P.

All said and done, WC mudinjavuNE injurynu solli ukkArndhuttu Test matchkku mattum thirumbi vandhA nallA irukkum. Injurynu poi sonnAlum paravA illai. Retire Anappuram oru reNdu varusham jollykkAga IPl AdinA pOdhum

Puliyan_Biryani
9th January 2011, 10:37 AM
+1. innum pala velai irukku. Especially, Lord's Honours Board-la paer padhikkanum.

satissh_r
9th January 2011, 10:48 AM
Let him not retire from ODIs before getting 50 tons, please..

ajithfederer
9th January 2011, 12:15 PM
Mumbai :lol:

Munaf Patel ellam

Pongada :twisted:

Ramakrishna
9th January 2011, 01:16 PM
Mumbai :lol:

Munaf Patel ellam

2nd bad purchase

littlemaster1982
9th January 2011, 04:21 PM
So Confirmed Candidates till now

David Jacobs
Tendulkar
Rohit Sharma
Symonds
Pollard

Malinga
Franklin; James
Bhajji :twisted:

We have two all rounders(No not Bhajji; Symonds and Pollard), Two Opening batsman; One very good quick bowler(Malinga). Symonds and Pollard must be in the upper Middle order. They can do 4th and 5th positions in batting.

Team is quite good on paper. Rohit has always done well in IPL, but 2M is little more. I'm pleased with the buy of Davy Jacobs, this guys is a monster hitter and a decent keeper. We haven't had good keeper in the previous season and now it's taken care of. James Franklin is an allrounder, but haven't seen him bowling well. Played to whirlwind innings in the last NZ-India ODI series. Symonds is a gamble, but he can be devastating on his day.

All we need is a good opening bowler and another spinner.

ajithfederer
9th January 2011, 04:34 PM
Thanks LM. :D

ajithfederer
9th January 2011, 04:47 PM
Sachin Tendulkar (retained)
Harbhajan Singh (retained)
Kieron Pollard (retained)
Lasith Malinga (retained)

Auctioned:
Rohit Sharma
Andrew Symonds
Davy Jacobs
James Franklin
Munaf Patel
Clint McKay

Plum
9th January 2011, 05:07 PM
Franklin and all waste zimbly. If jacobs does well, one gap is plugged.compare to last year
SRT vs SRT - tough for him to maintain last year's heights esp after the world cup
Jaya vs jacobs - well even if jacobs does his worst, equal
Rohit, rayudu(hopefully) - ok, sort of better
Symonds vs Duminy - gamble. And symmo will later write a book bad mouthing sachin's vaptaincy, as is the habit of aussie cricketers
Mclaren vs mckay - dont see a big improvement
No indian bowling addition worth talking about.
And I wish SRT doesnt play IPl this year. Waste of time in a year with imp milestones. Risky too if it causes him to miss tests.
Ennamo ponga

sathya_1979
10th January 2011, 05:50 PM
kadavuL
Jacobs
Rohit
Symmo
Local Batsman
Rayudu (Assuming we get him again)
Blizzard / Pollard / Franklin / Henriques
Malinga / Mckay (rotation basis)
Bhajji
Munaf
Local Spinner

7 Batsmen (6 Very Good)
2 Spinners and 2 Pacers
2 Part-Time Spinners in Rohit and Symonds
1 All-Rounder

Balanced Team.

directhit
10th January 2011, 05:59 PM
very strong like last time :thumbsup: - meet you in finals :lol:

19thmay
10th January 2011, 06:05 PM
I am surprised by the exclusion of Mills by all the bidders. I thought he would be a good bowler and a handy hitter. IFIRC he played some great shots against us in ODI's.

19thmay
10th January 2011, 06:09 PM
kadavuL
Jacobs
Rohit
Symmo
Local Batsman
Bhajji
Munaf
Local Spinner

7 Batsmen (6 Very Good)
2 Spinners and 2 Pacers
1 All-Rounder

Balanced Team.

Pollard-a yEn optional-a pOtrukeenga? WI match aaguraangala andha season-la?

sathya_1979
10th January 2011, 06:13 PM
WI vs Eng I think. But, he may not play in tests. So, absence may be for 1-2 weeks (ODI and Test).
Pollard first choice, if available. Else, Blizzard, Franklin and Moises in that order.

ajithfederer
11th January 2011, 02:50 AM
Sad that i won't be playing alongside Sachin Tendulkar anymore: Saurabh Tiwary

Saurabh Tiwary is sad that he won’t be able to play alongside his icon Sachin Tendulkar for the Mumbai Indians in the IPL 4. But he is happy too. Not because he is one of the top fetchers in the Bangalore’s auction, but it is his game that has attracted the bidders.

“Sad to leave my icon Sachin Tendulkar sir, however, we are professionals and we have to go through this,” said Tiwary, who was bought by Royal Challengers for $1.6 million.

“However, I am surprised because I never expected that I would be bought for an exorbitant amount of $1.6 million. I would be lying if I say money is not important, but my dream is to play for India,” the 21-year-old told DNA.

Tiwary also revealed that his parents at home were surprised and happy

Thambi sourabh tiwary engirundhaalum vaazgha.

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_sad-that-i-won-t-be-playing-alongside-sachin-tendulkar-anymore-saurabh-tiwary_1492147

[tscii:63e29dc9bf][/tscii:63e29dc9bf]

ajithfederer
11th January 2011, 02:51 AM
Who is Blizzard??.

kadavuL
Jacobs
Rohit
Symmo
Local Batsman
Bhajji
Munaf
Local Spinner

7 Batsmen (6 Very Good)
2 Spinners and 2 Pacers
1 All-Rounder

Balanced Team.

littlemaster1982
11th January 2011, 08:59 AM
Who is Blizzard??.

This guy is another big hitter, from Aus. Sample-kku onnu,

[html:75d37884a4]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SRVAJQ2R284?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SRVAJQ2R284?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/html:75d37884a4]

ajithfederer
11th January 2011, 09:03 AM
Oh Avana ivan? :shock:. I've seen this video before.

Thanks LM. Indha varusham prechanai than. Gerrrmaaniaaa :twisted:

ajithfederer
11th January 2011, 11:20 AM
http://www.rediff.com/cricket/report/ipl-indian-premier-league-ambati-rayudu-mumbai-indians-royal-challengers-bangalore-rcb-mallya/20110110.htm

Thambi Nollayam idhu seri illa. Avan enga payyan.

ajaybaskar
11th January 2011, 11:44 AM
For me, MI looks the strongest of all the teams. :-)

Sourav
11th January 2011, 11:49 AM
For me, MI looks the strongest of all the teams. :-) +1. batting lineup is terrific... unmatchable to other teams..
only sotthai is Henriques, but he will never get a chance to play over the likes of symmo, polard etc... so no prob.

ajaybaskar
11th January 2011, 11:53 AM
Only worry is that the local talents who were the backbone of MI's success are no more with the team. Tiwary, Dhawan, Nayar.

Hope they retain Rayudu at least.

ajithfederer
11th January 2011, 11:56 AM
Shikhar dhawankkum MI successkkum sambhandame illa, Ajay. He was the bull crap who played a Maiden over in the final. Nayar was very good in the first season, so so in the second and was injured for most of the 3rd season. Tiwary is a loss to MI.

Rayudu will come here if all goes to plan.

ajaybaskar
11th January 2011, 11:57 AM
Who else are the locals as of now?

Dont say SRT.. :D

Sourav
11th January 2011, 12:00 PM
ajay, buying uncapped players went-on yesterday... right? but, no news abt which franchise bought which players... :confused2: wen can we know abt that...

ajaybaskar
11th January 2011, 12:01 PM
Not yesterday alone. It started from yesterday and still is in progress. So once everything is over, they'l let u know. Dont worry. :wink:

ajithfederer
11th January 2011, 12:01 PM
Rayudu
Tiwary
Zaheer
Bhajji played some 2 knocks with the bat i guess.

Sourav
11th January 2011, 12:02 PM
ok, i m confused abt that rule... read that manish pandey might be banned for 1 yr from ipl.

ajaybaskar
11th January 2011, 12:03 PM
Rayudu
Tiwary
Zaheer

I meant the localites picked in the auction last week.

19thmay
11th January 2011, 12:04 PM
ok, i m confused abt that rule... read that manish pandey might be banned for 1 yr from ipl.

:?

ajaybaskar
11th January 2011, 12:04 PM

Which rule?

A player cannot approach other franchises unless given the consent by the board or his own franchise?

ajithfederer
11th January 2011, 12:05 PM
Ehh??

Rayudu
Tiwary
Zaheer

I meant the localites picked in the auction last week.

ajaybaskar
11th January 2011, 12:07 PM
Rohit and Munaf only, right?

Sourav
11th January 2011, 12:07 PM

Which rule?

A player cannot approach other franchises unless given the consent by the board or his own franchise?ithu than, abt uncapped players...
RCB tried to retain manish pandey for just 20 L... ithu rombha kammi illaiya avanukku compared to the likes of jadeja getting in crores... :roll:
athanala avan vera franchise-ku try panni maattikkittan pola...

ajaybaskar
11th January 2011, 12:09 PM
Since Jadeja is a capped player, his fee would be obviously high, right?

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/35077/alleged-pune-deal-puts-pandey-in-trouble

19thmay
11th January 2011, 12:11 PM
Ramal,

Puriyala, he is out of the three years bond right? Apparam enna prechana?

ajaybaskar
11th January 2011, 12:12 PM
Sri,

Refer the link above..

Sourav
11th January 2011, 12:15 PM
sridhar, enakku onnum purila...ajay than sollanum....

ajay, i feel manish pandey worth more than that... just because he is uncapped he cant get the money wat he deserves-a? i m sure he will be getting in crores if this rule 'uncapped players cant approach franchise' is not there... its injustice to them... :roll:

ajaybaskar
11th January 2011, 12:17 PM
Pandey apparently rejected an offer from RCB to sign him afresh and showed interest in a deal with the Sahara Pune Warriors. RCB were offering Pandey fees as per the IPL rule which states that domestic cricketers who have played for more than two seasons but less than five should not be paid more than Rs 20 lakh.

Pandey's market price is obviously more. For instance, his former Under-19 colleague Saurabh Tiwary has pocketed Rs 7.36 crore by virtue of his debut in the Indian one-day team. Pandey's market price even if less than that, would certainly be more that Rs 20 lakh. But he's being pressed to be content with that or else face a ban under IPL rules.

19thmay
11th January 2011, 12:20 PM
Ok Ajay fair enough! RCB panninadhu thappila then.

ajaybaskar
11th January 2011, 12:22 PM
Looks like Pune would've promised him something much higher than his allowed fee of 20L and RCB has smelled that. So they've decided to lodge a formal complaint.

Sourav
11th January 2011, 12:24 PM
Ok Ajay fair enough! RCB panninadhu thappila then.but i m still confused, if more than 1 team wiling to buy him for 20L, then he can select the franchise he likes to play... right?... then wats the prob...

ajaybaskar
11th January 2011, 12:25 PM
That shud not be a problem. Only the extra fees or the under table dealings is the problem here. If it is proved that the deal was allegedly made before monday (yesterday), the day from which the uncapped player signing was bound to start, then Pandey would be in deep trouble.

19thmay
11th January 2011, 12:26 PM
Ok Ajay fair enough! RCB panninadhu thappila then.but i m still confused, if more than 1 team wiling to buy him for 20L, then he can select the franchise he likes to play... right?... then wats the prob...

BCCI rule pOtrukkulla

Season >2 years <5 years vilayadura uncap players-ku 20L mEla kooli tharakoodadhunu?

19thmay
11th January 2011, 12:27 PM
Ramal,

Ippo Manish Pandey-ku Pune kOduthu vaanguchuna matha uncap players-um flag raise pannuvaangala? Rule is rule for all.

directhit
11th January 2011, 12:33 PM
no he can choose any franchise he wants as long as the WRITTEN contract is for 20L :P however as Ajay says..

If it is proved that the deal was allegedly made before monday (yesterday), the day from which the uncapped player signing was bound to start, then Pandey would be in deep trouble. this wud be big issue for him...

Sourav
11th January 2011, 12:34 PM
ok... ok... alleged thane... prove panna papom... thanks guys,... if thats not proved he can go for pune and get more chances to play regularly... in RCB he didnt get much matches. he's not a big striker... but, good player to watch.

ajaybaskar
11th January 2011, 12:35 PM
R Jadeja casela prove pannangalla..

Sourav
11th January 2011, 12:40 PM
R Jadeja casela prove pannangalla..
therla...
summa complain koduthathum evidence illama ban pannina, thats not fair on uncapped players... avan aadura franchise la avanukku playing XI-la regular chance kodukkala... so he wants to go to other team...appo intha franchise complain koduthanganna udane ban panndivaangala... EKSI... under the tables dealing irunthalum evidence vacchutta pannuvan... he will escape i guess. :wink:

ajithfederer
11th January 2011, 12:44 PM
Mumbai Indians

No of players bought: 12 (4 Indian, 8 overseas)
Money spent: $8.52m
Big-ticket signing: Rohit Sharma ($2m)
Bargain buy: Clint McKay ($110,000)
Eyebrow-raiser: Andrew Symonds ($875,000)
One that got away: Yuvraj Singh (bid $1.7m)

When they walked into the auction, their squad already boasted the biggest name in the game, the most exciting player in the format, and the deadliest bowler in Twenty20s. They added another marquee IPL name in Rohit Sharma, besides picking up some cut-price internationals like Clint McKay, whose slower balls mystify most batsmen, and South African Davy Jacobs, a lethal hitter who can double up as a wicketkeeper. The pedigree of their squad is unimpeachable, but Tendulkar has long stressed the importance of team spirit for success - how the squad containing Andrew Symonds and Harbhajan Singh gels will be fascinating to see.

Squad
Batsmen: Sachin Tendulkar (retained), Rohit Sharma ($2m), Aiden Blizzard ($20,000)
Bowlers: Harbhajan Singh (retained), Lasith Malinga (retained), Munaf Patel ($700,000), Clint McKay ($110,000)
Allrounders: Kieron Pollard (retained), Andrew Symonds ($850,000), James Franklin ($100,000), Moises Henriques ($50,000)
Wicketkeeper: Davy Jacobs ($190,000)
http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2011/content/current/story/495840.html

[tscii:2130492083][/tscii:2130492083]

ajithfederer
14th January 2011, 02:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nZNfra5588

Aiden Blizzard 28 off one over

Thambi nee ingae vandhu indha madhiri adippiya??? 8-)

ajithfederer
14th January 2011, 02:55 AM
Sahara Pune Warriors bags Manish Pandey
K Shriniwas Rao, TNN, Jan 14, 2011, 01.31am IST

MUMBAI: Deccan Chargers and Royal Challengers Bangalore seem to be falling back in the race for uncapped cricketers. Chargers have lost Tirumalasetti Suman to Mumbai Indians and RCB are all set to lose Manish Pandey to Sahara Pune Warriors.

Mumbai have formed a good side for themselves with Suman and Ambati in the fray along with R Sathish, Abu Nechim, Aditya Tare and Ali Mortaza among others. Sachin Tendulkar's presence in the MI squad is learnt to be the reason for which the players decided to come on board. :smokesmirk:

Read more: Sahara Pune Warriors bags Manish Pandey - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/news/Sahara-Pune-Warriors-bags-Manish-Pandey/articleshow/7280237.cms#ixzz1Ax7gtOYy

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/news/Sahara-Pune-Warriors-bags-Manish-Pandey/articleshow/7280237.cms

ajithfederer
14th January 2011, 02:57 AM
So TS Suman, Ambati Rayudu, R Sathish, Abu Nechim, Aditya Tare and Ali Murtaza are added to the Roster i guess.

ajithfederer
14th January 2011, 02:59 AM
Plum/LM

Who is this Suman??.

SoftSword
14th January 2011, 03:46 PM
suman is the guy who played for deccan chargers in the last outing... he was kinda good then.

sathya_1979
14th January 2011, 05:48 PM
kadavuL
Jacobs
Rohit
Symonds
Suman
Rayudu
Pollard / Blizzrd / Franklin / Henriques
Bhajji
Malinga
Munaf
Ali Mortaza

Plum
14th January 2011, 09:15 PM
Suman is a Hyderabad batsmen who has had many average seasons in Ranji. Was kind of succesful for DC as Rohit Sharma Lite. Part time off spin, top order battinh. He must have been one reason deccan didnt bid for venu rao but they have lost 3 batsmen who on an average managed 6-8 overs per match. Funny though. With symonds, DC had 4 off-spinner-batsmen(if only part time). EpdiyO oru ipl jeyichuttanga

Puliyan_Biryani
14th January 2011, 09:46 PM
Suman and Bajji are bestu friends (http://expressbuzz.com/cricket/harbhajan-fined-for-abusing-deccans-suman/160660.html) no. Team-la panjaayathu panniye Sachin time waste aaga pogudhu :roll:.

sathya_1979
14th January 2011, 09:47 PM
MI shud have retained Zak and had gone for Murali Kartik. Mistake.

ajithfederer
15th January 2011, 12:34 AM
Suman impressed everyone with his cameos during Hyderabad's title-winning campaign in the second season of the IPL. He started slowly in the third edition, but bounced back to play a vital role in Hyderabad reaching the semi-finals, the highlight being his unbeaten 78 that helped beat the stiff target of 184 set by Bangalore at the Chinnaswamy Stadium.

Admitting it was a tough decision to leave Hyderabad, Suman thanked his former owners for their support and creating the platform for him to excel, and said they would understand his decision.

Mumbai Indians have signed uncapped Hyderabad batsman T Suman for the fourth season of the IPL. The 27-year-old Suman, who played for Deccan Chargers in the second and third seasons of the tournament, said he had received more than one offer but it was the opportunity to play alongside his hero Sachin Tendullkar that lured him to Mumbai.

"It has been a childhood dream to play with Sachin Tendulkar, so I happily accepted the Mumbai offer," Suman said. He said he was unaware of who the other franchises interested in him were.

Welcome Suman 8-).

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2011/content/story/496742.html

[tscii:496e7af849][/tscii:496e7af849]

ajithfederer
15th January 2011, 12:38 AM
What will be a playing XI,?. We have a problem of PLENTY here.

Tendulkar
Jacobs(wk)
Rohit
Rayudu/Suman
Symonds (These Middle order three are direct Deccan players. So it's better to club them together)
Pollard
Blizzard
Bhajji
Ali Murtaza(Much better spinner to bhajji)
Munaf
Malinga

Our batting is strong. Our bowling unlike last year is Half- Good.

kadavuL
Jacobs
Rohit
Symonds
Suman
Rayudu
Bhajji
Malinga
Munaf
Ali Mortaza

sathya_1979
15th January 2011, 12:39 AM
AF, in ur lineup, there are 5 foreign players. It is not allowed.

ajithfederer
15th January 2011, 12:40 AM
Evanavadhu oruthanukku Indian citizenship Vaangi kodatharalam. :P

J/k.

ajithfederer
15th January 2011, 12:41 AM
What will be a playing XI,?. We have a problem of PLENTY here.

Tendulkar
Jacobs(wk)
Rohit
Suman
Symonds (These Middle order three are direct Deccan players. So it's better to club them together)
Pollard
Rayudu
Bhajji
Ali Murtaza(Much better spinner to bhajji)
Munaf
Malinga

Our batting is strong. Our bowling unlike last year is Half- Good.

kadavuL
Jacobs
Rohit
Symonds
Suman
Rayudu
Bhajji
Malinga
Munaf
Ali Mortaza

sathya_1979
15th January 2011, 12:44 AM
My lineup is ok, considering it is a mix of hitters (Jacobs, Pollard, Symonds)and accumulators (Rayudu, Suman). kadavuL and Rohit can play as per situation.
If Munaf goes for 8 RPO or less, I would be happy. Malinga and Bhajji should do a good job. Mortaza, Rohit, Symonds, Pollard and Suman shud keep it tight. Not bad considering last year. even though we had lost Zak, the part timers shud do the job. Keeping fingers crossed.

ajithfederer
15th January 2011, 12:46 AM
Yes Sathya.

Zak mattum irundhirundhaana I would cry out saying we have the best team in the competition. Bhajji is a nuisance case. Ozhichu katta vendiya dhandam. I hope this year he keeps his fcukin mouth and hands quiet. (OR)

He should do something and we must find it is a good excuse to let him go. Good riddance it would be.

ajithfederer
15th January 2011, 12:50 AM
Sathya

We never had any Aussie talent before with us right?.

sathya_1979
15th January 2011, 12:53 AM
none before, Blizzard and Henriques now.

ajithfederer
15th January 2011, 12:57 AM
Symonds too. That should be a welcome addition.

sathya_1979
15th January 2011, 12:59 AM
oh yes, Pollard and Symonds during last 5 overs. I definitely would not want to be the bowler :lol:

Plum
15th January 2011, 04:57 AM
Mi had luke ranchi for a few games.(Ozzie talent)
Ippo jharkandukku anuppichuttangaLA theriyala

ajithfederer
19th January 2011, 04:22 AM
Mumbai Indians add 11 uncapped players to squad

Mumbai, January 18, 2011: Mumbai Indians, the most followed franchisee of the Indian Premier League has added 11 uncapped players to their squad for the fourth season of IPL. Ambati Rayudu, R Sathish, T Suman, Dhawal Kulkarni, Pawan Suyal, Abu Nechim, Ali Murtaza, Sarul Kanwar, Yuzvendra Chahal, S K Yadav and Aditya Tare have joined MI. - Welcome Gentlemen 8-)

While Ambati Rayudu, Dhawal Kulkarni, Pawan Suyal, R Sathish, Aditya Tare, Abu Nechim and Ali Murtaza have been an integral part of the MI success story in IPL season 3, T Suman will don the Mumbai Indians’ blue for the first time.

Sarul Kanwar – Right handed opening batsman from Punjab, Yuzvendra Chahal –20-year-old leg spinner from Haryana and S K Yadav – another 20-year-old right hand batsman from Mumbai - will be making their IPL debut through Mumbai Indians this season.

Announcing the final squad, Mumbai Indians’ spokesperson said, “We are delighted to add 11 talented players to our squad for IPL season 4. We believe the addition of new players will further strengthen our core beliefs, besides ably supporting the exceptional all round talent, which we have successfully bid for at the IPL 4 auction. By adding fresh talent, we reinforce our promise to promote young talent at an international platform.”

Earlier at the IPL Season 4 auction, Mumbai Indians had successfully bid for Rohit Sharma, Munaf Patel, Andrew Symonds, Davy Jacobs, Clint McKay, James Franklin, Moises Henriques and Aiden Blizzard.

Mumbai Indians had retained their captain Sachin Tendulkar, Harbhajan Singh, Kieron Pollard and Lasith Malinga.

http://www.mumbaiindians.com/NewsDetail.aspx?NewsId=XotDLeb1JzM%3d

[tscii:dbbf206346][/tscii:dbbf206346]

ajaybaskar
19th January 2011, 10:14 AM
T Suman is a valuable addition to the squad. :clap:

Plum
19th January 2011, 10:33 AM
R Sathish gets another chance despite quite ordinary performances last year.

Has anyone picked Vignesh? What happened to him? I cant even see his name in Chennai Club Cricket scores in THE HINDU :(

Actually, I feel Rayudu deserved a chance in ODIs in the last few months. Somehow, the lad's unlucky - I guess by the time he makes an impression now and comes into national reckoning, he will reach the stage Badri was in when he was given a chance - washed out and tired. Lost talent - he really is a class batsman. I am really, really surprised and annoyed that a kAttAn like Saurabh Tiwary got India chances over him.

I am slowly gravitating towards feeyar's stance on IPL

ajithfederer
20th January 2011, 12:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R70qRhq6duo

Kieron Pollard, the bowler, outfoxes Umpire

sathya_1979
26th January 2011, 05:04 PM
http://cricketnext.in.com/news/ipl-kirsten-may-join-mumbai-after-india-stint/53556-13.html

Johannesburg: India coach Gary Kirsten is not in the running for a similar job in the South African side but could be involved with Mumbai Indians in the IPL, a report said on Wednesday.

According to the report, Kirsten's good rapport with Sachin Tendulkar could lead to the former South African opener being appointed in a top position in Mumbai Indians which is to appoint a director of coaching before the IPL IV.

"Indian cricket had hoped to persuade Kirsten to change his mind about not renewing his contract, but gave up on it this week. Future options for Kirsten could involve the Indian Premier League," a report in The Times said.

"The close relationship that Kirsten has with Sachin Tendulkar may lead to co-operation between the two at the Mumbai Indians, who are expected to appoint a director of coaching before the next IPL season," it said.

"Kirsten could easily take up such a position while still developing his international academy that is in the planning

stage at Claremont Cricket Club in Cape Town," it added.

Kirsten, who will quit as India's coach after the World Cup ends in April, is reluctant to take up the Proteas job when caretaker Corrie van Zyl steps down, also in April.

The report also said current India bowling coach Eric Simons could not be ruled out as a possible candidate to replace Kirsten.

"The Indian cricket board has not yet started a process to recruit a successor to Kirsten, but it is not unlikely that it will approach Simons as a candidate. Simons, a former Proteas all-rounder and national coach, was highly regarded by the Indian team when he came aboard this summer," the report said.

Meanwhile, the South African coaching job is likely to go to Duncan Fletcher. The former England coach has been advising

the South Africans and it is understood he would be available.

Fletcher's coaching credentials would be hard to resist for Cricket South Africa, whose chief executive Gerald Majola recently promised a 'big name' for the job when Van Zyl's term ends, the report said.

SoftSword
26th January 2011, 05:08 PM
thalaivara edho bharat ratna'ku recommend pannirukangalame.. oru newsum illa inga....

sathya_1979
26th January 2011, 05:12 PM
WC jeicha aduththa vaaram koduthiduvaanga

SoftSword
26th January 2011, 05:39 PM
adha win panni dhan prove pannanuma?

sathya_1979
26th January 2011, 05:40 PM
ippavE koduththa naan sandhosha padaamayaa irukka pOrEn!
IppO no other distractions pls

19thmay
26th January 2011, 08:38 PM
Please dont act these kind of ad's :x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG8Uu-s1u0U

ajaybaskar
28th January 2011, 04:52 PM
[tscii:8629a084ed]Mumbai Indians Upset About IPL Auction

While Kolkata cricket fans reel from the news that their city’s Eden Gardens pitch isn’t fit to host the World Cup match between India and England, it appears that all is not well in the money-soaked Indian Premier League either, scheduled to begin its next tournament in April.

The Mumbai Indians franchise has complained about this month’s player auction in Bangalore, calling into question the transparency of the process after a last-minute change to the rules.

The Wall Street Journal has a copy of a three-page letter, dated Jan 20, which the franchise’s parent company Indiawin Sports sent to the governing council members of the IPL requesting information on the meetings where the rule changes were approved.

According to initial auction rules set out on Dec. 17, marquee players were to be auctioned off first and then other players would be grouped into sets –batsmen, bowlers, all-rounders, wicket-keepers–to be auctioned in an order determined by a random draw that was to take place in the auction room.

But on the Friday evening before the two-day auction on Jan. 8 and 9, franchises were told that the auctioning of these player sets would instead be fixed by a “pre-decided” order.

“This amendment resulted in a fundamental change to the auction process,” said the letter, which was signed by Reliance Industries Ltd. executive director Nikhil Meswani on behalf of Indiawin Sports. Reliance Industries, through its subsidiary Reliance Industrial Investments and Holdings Ltd., owns Indiawin Sports.

“The primary purpose of deciding the order of the auction through random draw in the auction room in presence of the bidders is to ensure transparency and a level playing field to all,” Mr. Meswani said in the letter.

“Any change of auction rules process or procedure in this manner and at the very last minute can have any justification if, and only if, strong justifiable and emergent reasons can be demonstrated to be present. We see a complete absence of such reason or justification,” he went on.

Indiawin Sports has requested that the league’s governing council provide it with a range of documents, including copies of the agenda and minutes of the Dec. 17 meeting when the initial IPL auction process was approved, along with the quorum and minutes of the meeting when the change to the rule was made.

It didn’t say what its next course of action would be and it was unclear from the letter how the rule change could favor some franchises above others.

Mr. Meswani wasn’t immediately available for comment.

The Mumbai Indians, runners-up in last year’s IPL tournament, chose to retain four players ahead of the auction, Sachin Tendulkar, Harbhajan Singh, Lasith Malinga and Kieron Pollard. That left the franchise with $4.5 million, with which it bought the likes of Rohit Sharma, Munaf Patel and Andrew Symonds.

http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2011/01/28/mumbai-indians-upset-about-ipl-auction/[/tscii:8629a084ed]

Plum
28th January 2011, 04:54 PM
Please dont act these kind of ad's :x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG8Uu-s1u0U
+1 - matchfixing endorse paNdrA mAdhiri irukku :evil:

ajaybaskar
28th January 2011, 04:55 PM
Its not suiting Sachin's image. Edho kathukutty ad agency work maadhiri theriyudhu!! :evil:

littlemaster1982
6th April 2011, 01:20 PM
Bumped from archives 8-)

ajithfederer
6th April 2011, 01:27 PM
Thanks LM :)

ajithfederer
6th April 2011, 02:37 PM
Indha varusham who all are active?

1. I have a bad feeling with Symo and Harbhajan in the same team. I don't think I would be watching with the same fervor around like last time. (This stmt is supposed to be andhar-bultied)
2. Quitted for Good. All the best in his other endeavors. Easily the biggest fan around here.
3. Nerd, Naama eppadi?
4. TM - He will be busy in elections thread. Avarukku anga kadamaigal jaasthi !!!
5. Vineeth rarely visits any thread these days to my knowledge.
6, 7 and 8 :)
9. Plum, A intersection B candidate aache. Avarai kalatti vitralamaa? : pesanjing hands like Nambiar:. JK Plum.

Count panni dhaan paakkalaamE. Sachin-captained Mumbai only-kku eththanai pEru?

Ajithfederer
Ramakrishna
Nerd
Thirumaran
Viraajan
Sathya(?)
Adding Littlemaster (Sorry LM) :oops:
Adding salaam_chennai
Adding Plum

irukkadhu 5 peru, idhula kalavaram vedikkumnu vERa predictions aa?? :lol2:

P.S: What the hell of a rule is that i cant add more than 5 smileys in a post.