PDA

View Full Version : Kutti Thala RAINA- The Future of Indian cricket

Pages : 1 [2]

Sourav
28th July 2010, 09:07 PM
Raina ekes out record of a different sort

COLOMBO: Suresh Raina is unluckier than Andrew Symonds, Yuvraj Singh, Adam Gilchrist and Shahid Afridi. It has taken him five years since his ODI debut to play his first Test: a mammoth 98 games, three hundreds and 15 half-centuries. He has been on the Test fringes for years but India’s galactico batting lineup and doubts over Raina’s technical ability meant he has been consigned to blitzkrieg acts in the shorter versions.

On Monday, he avoided a century of a dubious sort when Yuvraj Singh declared himself unwell. "Yuvraj is not feeling well, I think he has got some flu. He told me last night that I should be ready for the match as he is feeling unwell," Raina said after ironically replacing the batsman who had played the most ODIs (73 in Yuvraj’s case) till now before playing a Test.

There are some other illustrious names on this list: Symonds played 94 ODIs before he was considered good enough for the longer version. Adam Gilchrist played three more than Yuvraj before getting a cap, Afridi played 66, Gavin Larsen played 55. India’s own Robin Singh played 60 matches. Brendon McCullum was probably the luckiest, having played just 48.

Raina got his cap from the man he admires most, Rahul Dravid. "Dravid is my idol. I have been following him for the past 10 years," Raina said, "I have scored runs in first-class cricket (he averages 44.38), I am thankful to god for having got this opportunity. I have worked on my technique and mental strength and am feeling good at the moment. If I get to bat tomorrow or day after, I will give my best."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/series-tournaments/india-tour-of-sri-lanka/top-stories/Raina-ekes-out-record-of-a-different-sort/articleshow/6221008.cms[tscii:110640243b][/tscii:110640243b]

Plum
28th July 2010, 09:11 PM
Good start but still he has to prove in tougher conditions. Did they try a short pitched barrage today at him?
(Gounder: apdiyE try paNNittAlum? Angelo, Dilhara, Dhammika dhAnE!)

Vivasaayi
28th July 2010, 09:13 PM
rahul dravid - test cricket ku suitable idol than :)

sathya_1979
28th July 2010, 09:13 PM
Hope Raina carries the legacy of his idol! Well played son :clap:

GP
29th July 2010, 05:21 PM
Raina truly the future of Indian cricket. :notworthy:

ajaybaskar
29th July 2010, 05:22 PM
Singakuttyda nee..

raghavendran
29th July 2010, 07:02 PM
Singakuttyda nee.. :clap:

VinodKumar's
29th July 2010, 07:53 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Nalla pitch la aadi prove pannanum :yes:

Ramakrishna
29th July 2010, 07:59 PM

Ithuvum nalla pitch thaanga..nallaa pala palanu iruku.

VinodKumar's
29th July 2010, 08:05 PM

Ithuvum nalla pitch thaanga..nallaa pala palanu iruku.

:lol:

Vivasaayi
29th July 2010, 11:13 PM
idhukku perthaan edatha kudutha madatha pidikiradhu :clap:

Kalyasi
29th July 2010, 11:18 PM
Ilamsooriyan(debuvil censooriyan) Raina Vaazhga!!

venkkiram
30th July 2010, 12:09 AM
ஒரு நாயகன் உதயமாகிறான்!
ஊரார்களின் இதயமாகிறான்!

Plum
30th July 2010, 05:39 AM
Kals, I think iLamsooeiyan is nick for V.Arunkumar - vEra pEru vayyunga :)

Kalyasi
30th July 2010, 06:04 AM

ennathu Arunkumar a????????

apdina Naalaya Nayagan!!!

GP
30th July 2010, 09:31 AM
http://cricket.yahoo.com/cricket/news/article?id=item/2.0/-/story/cricket.yahoonews.com/tendulkar-helped-overcoming-nervousness-raina-20100729/

Tendulkar helped in overcoming nervousness:
Raina

Yahoonews, PTI, 29 July 2010

Colombo: After notching up a century on his debut, Suresh Raina on Thursday said he was nervous when he took guard but Sachin Tendukar's pep talk helped him overcome the initial jitters.
Raina with his 120-run knock against Sri Lanka also became the first Indian cricketer to have scored a hundred in all formats of the game.
"Yes I was nervous when I came to bat but Sachin said just enjoy yourself, this moment will never come, you are playing your first Test match, just enjoy," Raina said after fourth day's play.
With Tendulkar, Raina raised a record 256-run partnership for the fifth wicket and said he realised a long time dream by batting alongside the legend.
"By God's grace I got this opportunity and it was my dream to bat with Sachin and today it came true. He said you are winning matches for the side in One-dayers, do well in Test also and enjoy," he said.
Raina came in the side in place of unwell Yuvraj Singh and made full use of the opportunity.
:bow: :bow: :bow:

VinodKumar's
30th July 2010, 11:01 AM
[tscii:eb5c476c6b]Mathew Hayden on FB

I want to take this opportunity personally to congratulate my friend Suresh Raina on being an outstanding ambassador for Indian Cricket and for India as a whole. There seemed an inevitability about Suresh’s individual success – both making his Test debut for India and now his debut Test Century. The star of Suresh Raina is a bright one and one that is not going to fade quickly, and one that is fuelled by all of his champion qualities including his love of family, his commitment and dedication, and his respect for the game and his fellow team mates. I am looking forward to seeing him again in a little over a month when we will be together again in South Africa for the Champions League. Congratulations Suresh!

Hayden unmaiyalumae Australia ah porathavara :roll: [/tscii:eb5c476c6b]

raajarasigan
30th July 2010, 12:49 PM

ennathu Arunkumar a????????

apdina Naalaya Nayagan!!!objection your honour... he is Ilam Sooriyan Arun Vijay now...

Sourav
30th July 2010, 08:59 PM
Sri Lanka coach Trevor Bayliss said, "I'm surprised it took Raina so long to get into the Test squad. It's unfair he hasn't been playing Tests for the last two years. It's a difficult team to get into, but he showed his class."

Has Raina ton queered the pitch for Yuvraj?
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/series-tournaments/india-tour-of-sri-lanka/top-stories/Has-Raina-ton-queered-the-pitch-for-Yuvraj/articleshow/6234935.cms

//

Raina: a role model for his young mates
http://cricketnext.in.com/news/raina-a-role-model-for-his-young-mates/49571-13.html

//

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/119900/119964.jpg
http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/119900/119965.jpg

raajarasigan
30th July 2010, 10:42 PM
Hussey entered Test cricket at 29... but look at his consistency....

Rainaum appadi varuvaan.... :D

Sourav
31st July 2010, 06:16 AM
Hussey entered Test cricket at 29... but look at his consistency....

Rainaum appadi varuvaan.... :D :D
only ishanth & jadu r the younger players than raina in our test/odi/t20 teams i guess...

raghavendran
7th August 2010, 07:58 AM
inaikku mattum raina nalla aditta...surea permanent member ayiduvan...cam on raina

raghavendran
7th August 2010, 03:40 PM
gus support..payapullaikku tea kudikkanumnnu romba avasaram...thudikkiran...gr8 finish to the game,series 8-)

sathya_1979
7th August 2010, 03:44 PM
Raina :clap: good to see a young player with right mix of good attitude, technique, skill, temperament! Maintain the level head son, u will surely go places!

Sourav
7th August 2010, 03:53 PM
:clap:
tri-series-la pinnadi thallama no-3-la erakki vidungapppa,,,, sachin gauti vera illa,,,,

VinodKumar's
7th August 2010, 04:22 PM
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

GP
7th August 2010, 04:46 PM
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
:bow: :bow: :bow: Raina :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

19thmay
7th August 2010, 10:33 PM
:exactly: Thread title!

gane14
8th August 2010, 12:52 AM
Raina u rock!

yuvi maadhiri manda garvam illana(irukkadhunu namburen ), u will be the future of indian cricket

VinodKumar's
8th August 2010, 06:29 AM
Raina u rock!

yuvi maadhiri manda garvam illana(irukkadhunu namburen ), u will be the future of indian cricket

Dhoni koodavae irrukapavae athellam irukaathunu therinjika venama :D

littlemaster1982
8th August 2010, 06:40 AM
Yuvraj koodathan oru time-la Dhonikku close friendu :P

Plum
8th August 2010, 07:46 AM
Dhonikku kooda dhAn durby beshtu friend and business partner adhukkAga Dhoni Durby mAdhiri aayittAra?
Infact, Durby is Sachin's friend and protege!

The best know how to take care of themselves and avoid being influenced by such negative influences

raghavendran
8th August 2010, 08:54 AM
Dhonikku kooda dhAn durby beshtu friend and business partner adhukkAga Dhoni Durby mAdhiri aayittAra?

The best know how to take care of themselves and avoid being influenced by such negative influencesyaar durby? :roll:

Sourav
8th August 2010, 08:55 AM
bhajji.

raghavendran
8th August 2010, 08:57 AM
bhajji. :)

VinodKumar's
8th August 2010, 11:31 AM

Yuvaraj avalo close ah va irunthaan :shock:

sathya_1979
8th August 2010, 11:47 AM

Yeah, but Dhoni means business. Friendship ellaam groundkku veleeladhaan.

littlemaster1982
8th August 2010, 11:57 AM

Illaiya pinna :huh:

VinodKumar's
8th August 2010, 11:59 AM

Illaiya pinna :huh:

:yessir:

gane14
8th August 2010, 01:09 PM
Raina u rock!

Dhoni koodavae irrukapavae athellam irukaathunu therinjika venama :D

:thumbsup:

Puliyan_Biryani
8th August 2010, 03:47 PM

The best know how to take care of themselves and avoid being influenced by such negative influences

Sachin stood by Bajji throughout the Symonds saga and even testified that Bajji was innocent (???). Sachin got Bajji into the Mumbai Indians side and took him under his wing. Despite all this, Bajji questioned about Sachin's captaincy in IPL 2. He said to the media that he was not comfortable with the role he had been asked to do by Sachin. As usual dignified silence from Sachin.

Bajji-kooda ellaam friend-a irundhaa idhudhaan gadhi. :evil:

sathya_1979
8th August 2010, 04:00 PM

Sachin stood by Bajji throughout the Symonds saga and even testified that Bajji was innocent (???). Sachin got Bajji into the Mumbai Indians side and took him under his wing. Despite all this, Bajji questioned about Sachin's captaincy in IPL 2. He said to the media that he was not comfortable with the role he had been asked to do by Sachin. As usual dignified silence from Sachin.

Bajji-kooda ellaam friend-a irundhaa idhudhaan gadhi. :evil:
kandippaa idhu Plumdhaan!

BTW, Bhajji exactaa enna sonnaan? Source and text kodutheengannaa puNNiyamaa pOgum.

Puliyan_Biryani
8th August 2010, 07:42 PM
Bajji's interview came in Times of India:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/specials/I-dont-know-my-role-in-Mumbai-Indians-team-Harbhajan/articleshow/4507415.cms
http://techblogbiz.blogspot.com/2009/05/harbhajan-singh-on-his-role-in-ipl.html

Sachin's reaction (read last para)
http://sify.com/sports/sehwag-gambhir-need-to-shed-fatigue-before-t20-wc-sachin-news-cricket-jfxvMLacjff.html

raajarasigan
9th August 2010, 11:00 AM
Raina !!! :D

average appadiye 100'la maindain pannikkama!!!

raghavendran
9th August 2010, 07:09 PM
Raina !!! :D

average appadiye 100'la maindain pannikkama!!! :lol: ...yuvrajlam thevai ille :)

Plum
9th August 2010, 07:10 PM
poRungappA! openinglAm nallA dhAn irukku - phinishing sariya irukkA pArpOm. edhuva irundhAlum anything that results in Yuvrasan being out of *test* team is a good event for me.

Sourav
10th August 2010, 07:49 AM
http://twitpic.com/2cqgnl

Plum
10th August 2010, 08:21 AM
lmraina
:)

Sourav
22nd August 2010, 06:26 AM
Spirit of challenge SURESH RAINA
GRIT,GUMPTION & LOADS OF ATTITUDE

When Suresh Raina kept fishing outside off stump and nicked them during the One-day leg of Indias West Indies sojourn in 2006,critics often questioned coach Greg Chappells wisdom behind backing the young southpaw.A year in international cricket and he still falls to the same trick, they scoffed.Failure in the Champions Trophy and poor performances in South Africa and in India against West Indies,meant a run of 15 ODIs without a half century and the axe from the 07 World Cup.That was darkness before the dawn called turnaround.Back in domestic cricket,he churned out the runs.Dejection and disappointment make for a handy cocktail for the spirited.Five games for UP in the 2006-07 Ranji season produced 327 runs @50.15.Next season was better.683 runs @ 48.78 with two tons,one of them an unbeaten 203.Chairman of selectors,Dilip Vengsarkar,always one to reward performers in domestic cricket,took note.Indias win in the ICC World T20 allowed MS Dhoni the bargaining power to push for youth and energy in the field.Out went Rahul Dravid and Sourav Ganguly.Raina was pencilled in for the Tri-series in Australia.He didn't play a game in Indias victorious campaign,a fact that made him hungrier.With Robin Uthappa failing to build on early promise,Sachin Tendulkar picking and choosing his ODI cricket wisely and Rohit Sharma being consistently inconsistent,Raina became an automatic choice in the playing XI during the Bangladesh Tri-series.Twin tons in the Asia Cup followed,but it was his confident handling of Ajantha Mendis,who had terrorised Indian batsmen earlier in Tests,during the ODIs in Sri Lanka,which impressed observers.The 23-year-old is Dhonis Man Friday both for India and Chennai Super Kings.He still has dalliances with that seductress named impetuosity.He still has issues dealing with the short ball.But neither overshadows his obvious talent which helped him become Indias first T20 centurion or the 12th Indian to make a hundred on Test debut.He even led the side in Zimbabwe.Rainas talent now also has an able companion : temperament.It was displayed in the fourth innings at the Sara Oval,where his approach was refreshingly aggressive,to hasten Indias win and help an injured Laxman.Lets hope the marriage between Rainas two Ts,is long and successful.

http://lite.epaper.timesofindia.com/mobile.aspx?article=yes&pageid=17&edlabel=TOICH&mydateHid=21-08-2010&pubname=&edname=&articleid=Ar01701&format=&publabel=TOI[tscii:a62b8a0d62][/tscii:a62b8a0d62]

Sourav
26th August 2010, 09:57 AM
# Suresh Raina has registered his fourth failure in the present competition, amassing 36 runs at an average of 9.
:|

1 bad decision and 2 poor shot selection... pull shot varalaina vitturuppa... :sigh2:

satissh_r
26th August 2010, 10:37 AM
pull shot varalaina vitturuppa... :sigh2:
chinna thirutham, pull shot mattum than adanamnu nenaikathappa :P He has much more in his repertoire than this one shot

raajarasigan
27th August 2010, 01:30 PM
# Suresh Raina has registered his fourth failure in the present competition, amassing 36 runs at an average of 9.
:|

1 bad decision and 2 poor shot selection... pull shot varalaina vitturuppa... :sigh2:Lets hope he will be back with a bang in the finals... :)

Sourav
16th September 2010, 07:15 AM
SK Raina c Mubarak b Welegedara 87 44 6 6 197.72 :clap:

Mendis to Raina, SIX, Seeya later Ajantha! Has no business bowling a half-tracker, Raina seems to say as he stays in the crease and muscles it over cow corner. Bham!

Mendis to Raina, 2 runs, goes straight this time, whacks it down the ground, reasonably well-timed but long off tags it

Mendis to Raina, SIX, He's hitting them if they are short, he is hitting them if they are full! mendis lands this on a length, Raina chips out, gets to the pitch and tees off, up, up and away over midwicket.. Did not hit this as high as the last one, he did not have to

Mendis to Raina, SIX, 666, Raina is Mendis' devil! Full-toss is the only ball he hadn't yet tried, so can't fault Mendis for trying it.. Raina had no problems though, carting it in the same direction

Mendis to Raina, 2 runs, can't quite get the elevation this time, couple of bounces to deep midwicket. Insult to injury - Mendis misses the throw to the bowler's end. He could have run Vijay out

Mendis to Raina, SIX, Maul, Maul, Maul and now the biggest of them All! Raina sets himself up early for the mow and Mendis meekly lands it in the hitting area. One smooth swing of the arms and it lands somewhere near Jo'burg
Mendis... :rotfl:

kutti thala, soora puli, singa kutty raina!!! :smokesmirk: pona adi!!! :bow:

Dhakshan
16th September 2010, 10:13 AM
Raina :notworthy:
Enna adi :shock: :clap:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
16th September 2010, 12:32 PM
:omg: Just now saw The Hindu.... Raina 4 sixes in one over :notworthy: ..... They describe each as monstrous.... :notworthy:

GP
16th September 2010, 05:46 PM
:clap: Raina, nee jeika porandhavan da. :thumbsup:

kid-glove
16th September 2010, 06:03 PM
:clap: Nalla varuvan, soNNEn'la. :P

vanchi
27th September 2010, 09:33 PM
nee pinra baa. :smokesmirk:

Sourav
28th September 2010, 07:03 AM
http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/119500/119504.jpg

Titanic :lol:

Sourav
16th October 2010, 11:17 AM
http://yfrog.com/8ba44vj

Dinesh84
16th October 2010, 02:58 PM
http://yfrog.com/8ba44vj nee Kamal rasigan da.. 8-)

raghavendran
21st October 2010, 08:53 AM
http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/119500/119504.jpg

Titanic :lol: :lol: :lol: ..
semme innings yesterday..ilankandru bayamariyan..

Dhakshan
21st October 2010, 10:28 AM
http://yfrog.com/8ba44vj nee Kamal rasigan da.. 8-)

:lol:

Raina :clap:

sathya_1979
24th October 2010, 11:34 AM
http://cricket.rediff.com/report/2010/oct/24/icc-probing-bcci-inaction-suresh-raina-bookie-match-fixing.htm

ICC probing BCCI inaction on Raina's link with bookie associate

The ICC Anti-Corruption and Security Unit is probing why the Board of Control for Cricket in India kept quiet about a report of its player, Suresh Raina, being seen in the company of a woman linked to an associate of an illegal bookmaker, according to a media report in London.

Making it clear that Raina is not suspected of any wrongdoing, The Sunday Times, quoting a senior ICC source, said the incident is related to India's tour of Sri Lanka earlier this year.

With the heightened security concerns following the 2009 terrorist attack on the Sri Lankan team in Pakistan, the Sri Lankans deputed a former general to look after the Indian team.

CCTV cameras installed at the Indian team hotel showed that on more than one night Raina was in the company of a woman known to be an associate of a man allegedly linked to a bookmaker.

A report, including the CCTV footage, was submitted by the Sri Lankan Cricket Board to their Indian counterparts.

According to the newspaper report, it is the reaction of BCCI secretary N Srinivasan that has led to the ICC investigation. Instead of acting on the report, Srinivasan is alleged to have got the Sri Lankans to withdraw it.

The 23-year-old Raina plays for Chennai Super Kings, an IPL franchise owned by Indian Cements of which Srinivasan is a vice-chairman and managing director.

The investigation, led by ACSU head Ravi Sawani, is believed to be looking into why the Sri Lankans shared the report with the BCCI first when under ICC anti-corruption rules it should have gone straight to the world governing body, the newspaper said.

According to the newspaper, this comes against a background of much talk in India that it was during IPL matches that spot-fixing re-emerged as a major problem.

In August, three Pakistan cricketers -- Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Amir -- were suspended following allegations that no balls were bowled during the Lord's Test in return for money.

When asked recently about the speculations of match-fixing in the IPL, ICC chief executive Haroon Lorgat said, "The first two editions were not policed by the ACSU. But they realised later on that they perhaps needed more support. The last one was the first time when they fully engaged the ACSU. And we will be engaged in the next IPL season as well."

An ICC spokesman, asked about the alleged investigation into the inaction of the Indian Cricket Board, said, "We don't comment on any investigation."

Srinivasan was not available for comment, the report added.

:shock:

Sourav
24th October 2010, 06:45 PM
http://sify.com/news/bcci-denies-getting-report-on-raina-news-national-kkyo4gajghf.html

Srinivasan termed the report as 'baseless and false'.

'The BCCI has just learnt that several media outlets are claiming that Sri Lanka Cricket submitted a report on Suresh Raina to it and that no action was taken by the Board.

'The BCCI would like to clarify that it has received no such report from SLC. The claims being made by a section of the media are totally baseless and false,' Srinivasan said.

sathya_1979
24th October 2010, 06:47 PM
How the western Media stoops down to any extent to malign somebody? :hammer:

Read an Ian Chappel article in Cookinfo regarding ICC Rankings, sema vaitherichal avanukku.

Dinesh84
24th October 2010, 07:39 PM

Read an Ian Chappel article in Cookinfo regarding ICC Rankings, sema vaitherichal avanukku. link ? :?:

sathya_1979
24th October 2010, 07:47 PM
http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/480644.html

ajaybaskar
25th October 2010, 08:38 AM
This English media, after exposing the pakistanis, would now want to defame India as well. Poor Suresh is the scape goat.

ajithfederer
25th October 2010, 08:48 AM
He will be soon writing an obituary column for Ashes 2010/11.

Read an Ian Chappel article in Cookinfo regarding ICC Rankings, sema vaitherichal avanukku.

Plum
25th October 2010, 08:50 AM
Is it that difficult to get a woman associated with bookies introduce them to mitchell johnson or someone and take photos and splash it?
What are indian tabloids doing? They are content with browsing the net and picking up controversies from foreign tabloids and riding piggyback. Idhaan tabloid nadathura lakshaNamA?
I think the indian tabloid industry badly needs my services - "sUdhAtta thalaivarin chinna veedudan mitchell johnson ullAsam", "stuart broadin kaLLa kAdhali sUdhAtta gumbal thalaivi".
How many such possibilities? SummA smoke create paNNittu fire, fire-nu alara vENdiyadhu dhAn. Useless indian tabloid journalists :evil:

ajithfederer
25th October 2010, 08:59 AM
Comments from that article.

Posted by jay57870 on (October 12 2010, 06:45 AM GMT)

Continued. Not that it matters to the Master. After all, he's been in the game for 21 years. He simply lets his bat do the talking. Whether it's Tests, ODIs or even T20, he's just been awesome, getting better and better with age: ICC Cricketer of the Year; 14,000 runs; 49th Test century (superb 214). Significantly, India is expected to win/draw the hotly-contested series with a formidable Australian side, which would validate its top Test ranking. Yet Ian continues to be in denial. Well then, let's issue him a challenge: Ask him to look into the "honest mirror" just like he had once asked of Sachin. And what will he see? A pretty face? Or one covered with egg? Or perhaps he can learn from the Sarah Murdoch episode: Horrified by her TV gaffe, she interrupted the celebration, promptly apologized and awarded the prize to the rightful winner. A face-saving act. Can we expect Chappell to do the same? Don't know. Wait and see what he writes in his next column.
Posted by jay57870 on (October 12 2010, 06:26 AM GMT)

Continued. It's just easier and saves Ian the pain of giving credit, however deserving the party. Case in point: India's #1 Test ranking. It did not happen overnight; it took a whole decade or more. As you well know, India's ascendancy was built on the backs of its cricketers: its elite veterans like Ganguly, Tendulkar, Dravid, Kumble & Laxman; and by younger stars like Sehwag, Dhoni, Zaheer, Harbhajan & Co. Importantly, they were guided by two of the best coaches in the business: John Wright initially and now Gary Kirsten. Ironically, this trajectory to the top took off not long after Ian's infamous beauty contest and, coincidentally, his brother Greg's dismissal as India's coach. Team India has marched on. Yes, Ian has sung the praises selectively of Indian cricketers -- Sehwag the Destroyer; VVS the Magician. Yet one can't help but notice the "default' button on Tendulkar, whom cricket-lovers the world over consider to be the best and most respected cricketer of the modern era. TBC
Posted by jay57870 on (October 12 2010, 06:15 AM GMT)

What do Sarah Murdoch and Ian Chappell have in common? Both blew it big time. Murdoch mistakenly announced the wrong winner while hosting "Australia's Next Top Model" TV show last month. Likewise, Chappell a few years ago foolishly asked Sachin Tendulkar to retire from cricket in his silly "Mirror, mirror on the wall" beauty contest. As the sole self-proclaimed judge/jury/expert, he declared Brian Lara the "best batsman of all." Again last year Chappell prematurely anointed JP Duminy as the Next Big Thing. No offense to JP, but Ian should know better: It takes a batsman much longer than a season or two, maybe a decade, to prove himself to be even worthy of comparison to a Ponting or a Lara or a Tendulkar. Sorry, Chappell is losing his credibility: His columns are disingenuous at best, and egotistic at worst. And what's so obvious lately is his propensity to choose a convenient "default" position, characterized by his "Computers-are-unreliable / Trust-me / I-know-it-all" attitude. TBC

Sourav
12th November 2010, 10:34 AM
BCCI contract: Raina rises
http://cricket.ndtv.com/storypage.aspx?id=SPOEN20100159709&nid=65780?trendingnow&cp
Moved up to Grade A and placed with seniors in a quick time! :clap:
Certainty in playing XI in all formats of the game!
He is going way ahead now from the players he had been compared with b4. Way to go raina! :D 8-) 8-) 8-)

Riyazz
12th November 2010, 10:47 AM
http://cricket.ndtv.com/storypage.aspx?id=SPOEN20100159709&nid=65780?trendingnow&cp
He is going way ahead now from the players he had been compared with b4. Way to go raina! :D 8-) 8-) 8-) :clap:

ajithfederer
12th November 2010, 10:50 AM
Ayyo nee ippadi sollitiya? :(

He is going way ahead now from the players he had been compared with b4. Way to go raina! :D 8-) 8-) 8-)

Sourav
12th November 2010, 10:54 AM
Ayyo nee ippadi sollitiya? :(

He is going way ahead now from the players he had been compared with b4. Way to go raina! :D 8-) 8-) 8-)haha... i yaam supporting him from long time ago... :P so, avan grade A vaangunathula enakkum konjam panku undu... :lol:

Plum
12th November 2010, 03:38 PM
Sourav support paNdravanga openinglAm strongA irukkum...appuram dhAn. Recent example - Gautam Gambhir

kid-glove
12th November 2010, 05:00 PM
Raina will reign and soar where likes of Gambhir drear and sear..

The boy's temperament is faultless.

Sourav
12th November 2010, 11:25 PM
Sourav support paNdravanga openinglAm strongA irukkum...appuram dhAn. Recent example - Gautam Gambhir
hehe... viru-i paarungappa... :P gauti will back on track in this match! 8-)

GP
13th November 2010, 04:13 PM
hehe... viru-i paarungappa... :P gauti will back on track in this match! 8-) Gauti is back. :)

Sourav
14th November 2010, 07:14 AM
hehe... viru-i paarungappa... :P gauti will back on track in this match! 8-) Gauti is back. :)

:2thumbsup:

Plum
1st December 2010, 04:10 PM
With Kohli snapping at his heels, Raina better do well in S.Africa.
In tests, Kohli enjoys an advantage over Raina in that he has clearly the better temparament and makes up for any tecnique deficiencies with determination and tenacity. Tenacity is not something Raina has displayed very well so far in tests.

If CSK buys Kohli, Raina better watch out for his "enakku IGya theriyum" advantage will be nullified.

Riyazz
1st December 2010, 04:14 PM
In tests, Kohli enjoys an advantage over Raina in that he has clearly the better temparament and makes up for any tecnique deficiencies with determination and tenacity. Tenacity is not something Raina has displayed very well so far in tests.

If CSK buys Kohli, Raina better watch out for his "enakku IGya theriyum" advantage will be nullified.

:yes: plum ur correct

GP
1st December 2010, 04:15 PM

though being a Raina fan, couldnt stop laughing for this. :rotfl3:

P_R
1st December 2010, 04:15 PM
Indha watch viLambarathula Genelia kooda varradhu dhaanE kOhli?

raajarasigan
1st December 2010, 04:16 PM
Indha watch viLambarathula Genelia kooda varradhu dhaanE kOhli?aama... fastrack ad'la varuvan.. athukku avaru than brand ambazidor..

Riyazz
1st December 2010, 04:20 PM
mods virat kohli thread la image enable pannirungo...

Sourav
26th June 2011, 11:34 AM
In last one year, Raina states his case

KINGSTON ( Jamaica): Suresh Raina cannot play the short ball well. He has a problem with off-spin too. He has been found to have temperament issues at the international level. Raina is supposed to be just another batsman in this Indian team who has been given way too many opportunities. Experts and analysts, on record or off it; fans and foes, those not convinced or those who don't want to be -- there are too many who feel Raina is just ordinary with his shortcomings.

And yet, every time he walks on to the field these days, the cricketer with his so-called share of shortcomings, makes you silently pray that he'll get the job done when he's batting. These statistics are enough to build the case for him.

From July 2010 onwards, he's played 14 Test innings which include a century on debut, followed by a half century and an unbeaten 41 in the series win in Sri Lanka, another half century against Australia in Mohali which helped India build the platform for victory, and the 82 he scored at Sabina Park in the first Test against West Indies where the entire Indian batting order failed. The ODIs simply add more meat to his profile.

Raina has batted at No 5 or No 6, under pressure, scored 898 runs in 33 innings, averaged 35, and has been at the crease on five occasions to see India through.

A half century against Sri Lanka, another one against Bangladesh, one against South Africa and one against Australia -- they've all been match-winning efforts. The unbeaten 34 against Australia in the World Cup quarterfinal and the unbeaten 36 against Pakistan in the semifinal underline his contributions.

In the last one year alone -- from January 2010 to be precise -- so many players have opted for rest or broken down due to injuries, but not Raina. He's gone on to play 10 Tests, 38 one-dayers, four Twenty20 Internationals and 31 IPL matches. Needless to say, he's continuously been on the field.

"Raina's batting has been impressive, from what I've seen of him and I am looking forward to keep working with him," says Fletcher. The one-dayers against the West Indies didn't see the batsman scoring too many runs, "It was just a couple of matches which shouldn't be bothering him," adds the coach. Fletcher feels there are far too many important assignments coming Raina's way.

"Raina and Harbhajan's partnership was very crucial. We got the lead in the first innings from where would could build a target," says Rahul Dravid. "It wasn't easy from where they took over. Raina's innings was a responsible one," he says. Fletcher also sees leadership qualities in 24-year-old. "For someone his age, to lead India, and a young team like this, he has done a tremendous job. Raina is the man who puts his head on the block and takes criticism well."
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/series-tournaments/india-in-west-indies/top-stories/In-last-one-year-Raina-states-his-case/articleshow/8994658.cms

ajaybaskar
19th March 2012, 11:26 AM
Take a look at that for a catch!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGYwNdAyqG0

VinodKumar's
19th March 2012, 12:17 PM
Great. Commentary :banghead:

ajaybaskar
19th March 2012, 12:22 PM
Yaaru. Namma 'Sooper Shot' Sivaramanthaane?

mgb
26th March 2012, 03:16 PM
"Critics can say a lot of things but I know that I have tried to perform the role assigned to me with utmost sincerity. People can say whatever they like but the senior members of the Indian team know my worth and that is what is important for me," Raina told PTI in an interview.

"After the IPL is over, I will take a month's break and then start training again. In fact, I plan to go to Australia accompanied by current Chennai Super Kings physio Tom Simsek for an extensive fitness program. If possible, I might play a few club matches in order to get some good match practice on bouncy pitches," Raina said.

VinodKumar's
26th March 2012, 07:34 PM
"Critics can say a lot of things but I know that I have tried to perform the role assigned to me with utmost sincerity. People can say whatever they like but the senior members of the Indian team know my worth and that is what is important for me," Raina told PTI in an interview.

"After the IPL is over, I will take a month's break and then start training again. In fact, I plan to go to Australia accompanied by current Chennai Super Kings physio Tom Simsek for an extensive fitness program. If possible, I might play a few club matches in order to get some good match practice on bouncy pitches," Raina said.

:thumbsup:

Russellyhd
11th February 2014, 07:03 PM
http://tamil.webdunia.com/sports/othersports/interestingfacts/1402/11/1140211034_4.htm

ரெய்னா நீக்கம் ஏன்? புள்ளிவிவரங்கள்!