PDA

View Full Version : Trend Set by ARRahman

dinesh2002
20th January 2005, 11:21 PM
Flying around to score music
IndiaGlitz
Wednesday, January 19, 2005

It's the season of music-directors flying around to score music for their movies.

While Bharadwaj has flown to Bangalore to score music for his forthcoming film February 14 starring Bharath, Harris Jeyaraj is busy camping in Singapore along with director Murugadoss to compose songs for their forthcoming film Gajini that stars Surya and Asin in lead roles.

In fact, it has now become fashionable for music directors to travel to fancy locations to compose music in the presence of the director and producer.

Like most things in Tamil music, this trend has been started by A R Rehman. He was the one who went to places like Mauritius, Maldives to compose tunes. There is also a trend to go to East European countries for recording the songs.

This a typical Ilayaraja-Kamal style. They had their music for Hey Ram recorded in Hungary, Ilayaraja has just come back from recording the songs for Kamal's Mumbai Express in Budapest.

Indian music sure is going places, nah?

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/12743.html

discuss on what more did ARR started the trend off!!

rajasaranam
21st January 2005, 07:13 PM
ARR Started the trend of copying-ripping and using computer generated loops and softwares in the name of creativity. He was also the pioneer to use the keys ctrl+c and ctrl+v during composing mujic :-)

Guess_Me
21st January 2005, 10:44 PM
ARR Started the trend of copying-ripping and using computer generated loops and softwares in the name of creativity. He was also the pioneer to use the keys ctrl+c and ctrl+v during composing mujic :-)

Poor man. Its been over 12 years and still he cant digest the fact that A R Rahman marked the end of IR era.

rajasaranam
21st January 2005, 11:36 PM
guess me,

no body can end IR era is a known fact. he is still in the race and every MD is resorting to IR style of compostion barring 1 or 2 MD's like YSR and HJ is proof enough to know that IR or his style is still here to rule :-)

dinesh2002
21st January 2005, 11:42 PM
so may i know what r u doin in ARR's thread when u can devote ur time im IR's? thread??this shows IR isnt living up anything for u guys,tsk tsk!!!shoo shoo..back to ur own 'land'..where u guys ignore other good music beside ur IR music,which,i can say,isnt creating any waves now days...

magix
22nd January 2005, 02:16 PM
And I've been thinking it's normally the ARRFs who unnecassarily pick up fights... and I've been attributin it to the age factor.

How wrong I was!

NOV
22nd January 2005, 04:45 PM
out of the mouth of babies..... :rotfl:

magix
22nd January 2005, 06:50 PM
And that makes it worse, doesn't it? :)

Music4Ever
22nd January 2005, 09:25 PM
That YSR and HJ actually resort to the ARR style is a known fact. Shouldn't that also indicate that the ARR style is here to rule as well?

Talking about the trend of traveling abroad to compose music, this very same question was put forth to HJ by Srilekha (Karthik who was also present said with a laugh that the question was only Srilekha's and not his! Tippu also gave a knowing smile.). First HJ gave a mischievous look/smile (Perhaps he understood where Srilekha was going.) and then later admitted that the ambience of the new surroundings works well to take his composing to the next level.

MADDY
22nd January 2005, 11:42 PM
hmmmmm......even partioning IR's and ARR's topics hasn't helped......IR fans still intrude ARR's threads....

sad but true......