PDA

View Full Version : NBA - 2010 NBA Playoffs

kid-glove
20th April 2010, 11:32 AM
Haven't followed NBA for a while (busy with IPL you see :P)

I pay attention once it gets to Conference Finals and will watch the finals if it's neck and neck.

Hope this thread gives space to Feddy, Nerd and other hubbers who follow the playoffs.

omega
20th April 2010, 05:18 PM
Looks like its going to be Cavaliers vs Lakers......
Lebron should win the MVP (regular season).
Among the current series (1st round playoff) Phoenix vs Portland series should be interesting going the distance.
Personally I am waiting for the series between Cavaliers vs Magic.

kid-glove
20th April 2010, 07:31 PM
Omega, thanks for the update. I'll keep an eye out for Cavaliers game.

kid-glove
21st April 2010, 10:48 AM
LA lead 1-0
And 2nd game
lead 90-88 to OKC

Kobe Bryant :clap:

kid-glove
21st April 2010, 10:50 AM
Like the clever double teaming on Durant, one would swindle the man all around, and then Durant would foul another on lack of balance.. :lol:

kid-glove
21st April 2010, 10:52 AM
LA looking good now. Durant losing the ball trying to do all by himself :oops:

kid-glove
21st April 2010, 10:54 AM
OKC 90 to 93 LAL

kid-glove
21st April 2010, 10:59 AM
Super play by Kobe there. Missed a point there. It's 94-92. OKC could win by a 3 pointer

kid-glove
21st April 2010, 11:03 AM
Lakers win. Lead 2-0

ajithfederer
23rd April 2010, 04:03 AM
Sorry kg naan koodai pandhu paakuradhillai. No interest actually :oops:.

Haven't followed NBA for a while (busy with IPL you see :P)

I pay attention once it gets to Conference Finals and will watch the finals if it's neck and neck.

Hope this thread gives space to Feddy, Nerd and other hubbers who follow the playoffs.

omega
25th April 2010, 07:15 PM
Thunders have won their two home games to tie 2-2 with Lakers.
Thunders :clap: Never thought that they could even one in this series.

As expected Trailblazers (portland) vs Suns (Phoenix) is also tied
@ 2 a piece. Roy has returned for Trailblazers...

Surprisingly Chicago Bulls have won their home game vs Cavaliers..

omega
11th May 2010, 10:51 PM
3 of 4 semifinal series has been swept...

Western Conference:
--------------------------

Phoenix sweeps San Antanio 4-0
LA Lakers sweeps past Uttah Jazz 4-0

Eastern Conference:
--------------------------

Orlando sweeps Atlanta 4-0 (Orlando also swept Charlotte in their earlier round. Yet to lose a game in Playoffs :thumbsup: )

So the only interesting series is Cleveland vs Boston (tied @ 2 apiece)

kid-glove
12th May 2010, 02:01 AM
Thanks for the update Omega :thumbsup:

omega
15th May 2010, 12:26 AM
Boston Celtics wins series against Cleveland Cavaliers in 6 games.
Poor show by James in Game 5 (@ home) & Game 6. Too many turnovers. This was probably his best chance to win a championship I thought. Wasted. Who knows where he would end up come this July......Lebron :hammer:

So its going to be,

Orlando Magic vs Boston Celtics
LA Lakers vs Phoneix Suns

Stiglitz
29th May 2010, 10:06 AM
I think it's safe to say that it's prolly gonna be Lakers vs Celtics 8-)

Kobe vs Garnett, Pierce. 8-) It's going to be one Electrifying Series. 8-)

ajithfederer
14th June 2010, 07:21 AM
Watching Game 5. Celtics leading lakers 71-58 in 3rd quarter 2:35

ajithfederer
14th June 2010, 07:56 AM
Celtics just killing Lakers. lead by 12 points with 3 mins in 4th quarter.

Kalyasi
14th June 2010, 08:13 AM
87-82

Kalyasi
14th June 2010, 08:15 AM
Rondo what a play... 89-82 7 point lead for celtics...

Kalyasi
14th June 2010, 08:17 AM
8.9 seconds remain... 92-86... Celtics will be the NBA Champs...

Kalyasi
14th June 2010, 08:19 AM
feeling sad for Kobe Bryant...

Kalyasi
14th June 2010, 08:20 AM
Thats it... Celtics Win 92-86....

ajithfederer
14th June 2010, 08:27 AM
He played extraordinarily but his team mates were below average.

feeling sad for Kobe Bryant...

tamizharasan
14th June 2010, 08:02 PM
Now the challenge is to win a game in road. Because Los Angeles has not lost the home court advantage yet.

omega
14th June 2010, 11:07 PM
Now the challenge is to win a game in road. Because Los Angeles has not lost the home court advantage yet.

Celts did win game 2 @ LA. However Lakers game back & won the 3rd game @ Boston. It will be a herculian task for LA to win two games in a row, unless they really play well.

Rooting for Celts. Go Celts...

tamizharasan
14th June 2010, 11:22 PM
omega

I am also rooting for celtics, even though I lived in Los Angeles for several years. I can't stand Kobe and that is the reason I don't like LA lakers. All I wanted to say is Los Angeles played two games in their home and three games on road and their record is 2-3. If you compare road vs home they have not lost the advantage of home yet.

omega
14th June 2010, 11:33 PM
TA,

I know, what you meant exactly.
Going by thus far, home court advantage has not been a factor.
It could very well turn out to be in the remaining two games. Lets see... Another Kobe hater :clap:

Nerd
15th June 2010, 12:12 AM
Add me too. Can't stand Kobe and LAL :oops:

Not a big fan of the Celtics either, but go Celts.

Kalyasi
16th June 2010, 09:59 AM
6th game goes to lakers... Lakers 89 : Celtics 67

3:3

final game on thursday must be very interesting... I back Lakers...

Nerd
16th June 2010, 07:48 PM
Horrible show by the Celts last night. They were never in the game. Missed many many *open* field goals.

I don't think they would be able to stop LAL now :cry:

Nerd
18th June 2010, 09:25 AM
Lakers did it again. Pretty good game.

Kalyasi
18th June 2010, 09:53 AM
yeah at last there were 3 consequent 3 points... and it was very close when it was 79:81... Rondo's 3 pointer was too good of the lot...

But happy for Lakers, Kobe Bryant and Magic Johnson!!

Well done Lakers :clap: :clap:

ajaybaskar
12th November 2010, 05:25 PM
http://www.ndtv.com/article/catch%20of%20the%20day/at-14-7-foot-satnam-is-indias-nba-hope-65939

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/11/10/nba-awaits-satnam-from-india-so-big-and-athletic-at-14/?ncid=txt

kid-glove
9th May 2011, 04:21 PM
Dirk Nowitzki :notworthy:

It'd not be totally amiss to suggest that he had been carrying Dallas all the way. Of course he has the support cast (JET, Barea, Peja...near impossible to get Butler back though,) but his pivotal importance is something stats alone don't measure. Even if he also has the numbers to show for it.

If Dallas go all the way, Dirk's achievement would be one of tops.

Nerd
9th May 2011, 07:24 PM
LAL :poke: :rotfl3: :twisted: :evil:

kid-glove
10th May 2011, 02:15 AM
What do you have against LAL, Nerd?

And kobe hater too?

No worries, it's Dirk's year.

omega
10th May 2011, 04:49 PM
Although deeply shocked the way Lakers were beaten, happy that it denied Kobe (possibly) getting his second three-repeat (as Micaheal Jordan).
Phil Jackson is grossly overrated.

kid-glove
16th May 2011, 03:05 AM
OKC hold a 14 point lead. Some dagger 3-pointers towards end of 3rd quarter.

Shocking how Z-bo makes Collison look great.

Somewhere a certain Dirk Nowitzki warms his hands in glee.

kid-glove
16th May 2011, 03:20 AM
13 assists for Westbrook, 37 points for Durant. Over 3 minutes to go.

kid-glove
16th May 2011, 03:35 AM
OKC chanting 'we want Dallas'. OF course, you have no choice :lol2:

Piss poor speculation by ABC pundits & press on Westboork-Durant partnership. How wrong could they get?

kid-glove
16th May 2011, 08:04 PM
The only reason I don't mind Bulls winning : Luol Deng & Joakim Noah are both AFC fans! :lol2:

kid-glove
18th May 2011, 02:03 AM
OKC vs Dallas in less than 5 hours.

kid-glove
18th May 2011, 12:32 PM
Dirk :notworthy:

Already touted as one of the top 25 NBA players of all-time. One is inclined to agree.

cinema
18th May 2011, 10:58 PM
Dirk :notworthy:

Already touted as one of the top 25 NBA players of all-time. One is inclined to agree.
some even claim that he is in top 10. But I don't agree with top 10 though.

kid-glove
18th May 2011, 11:17 PM
Yeah, will wait till he finishes his career. I personally rate him (when at his best) over Tim Duncan..

kid-glove
19th May 2011, 01:16 AM
And Magic Johnson is left awestruck:

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-110518/daily-dime

kid-glove
20th May 2011, 09:55 AM
Dirk outclasses Durant in P, A & R. But OKC bench strength came into play. Massive. James Harden, exceptional.

kid-glove
24th May 2011, 01:26 PM
Best Playoff comeback of the year.

And Kobe eat your heart out, this is the kind of 'clutch' perf. that legends are made of. Dirk Out of the world Nowitzki turning on Immortal mode :notworthy:

kid-glove
31st May 2011, 07:21 PM
Thrash 'em, better the 2-4 loss. Revenge would be so much more sweeter :thumbsup:

Go Mavs. :redjump:

cinema
31st May 2011, 11:41 PM
Thrash 'em, better the 2-4 loss. Revenge would be so much more sweeter :thumbsup:

Go Mavs. :redjump:
Don't jump on it right now. Miami Heats are marginal favorites to win the final.

kid-glove
1st June 2011, 12:02 AM
Heat are the favorites. More so with 2-3-2 going in their favor.

kid-glove
3rd June 2011, 10:48 AM
Another great comeback.

Another clutch performance.

Dirk with clutch baskets with torn tendon, purely dirkulous..

And thank fuck that Ballack didn't turn up today. His perennial runner-up vibes rub on to Mavs & Dirk. Stay off Michael :P

Shawn Marion back to his best. JET gets his touch again.

The way Dirk lifts the Mavs is something stats don't measure. Every player get elevated by his influence.

Hate the krauts as Oranje fan but they got undeniable fighting spirit & mentality. But hey Dirk turns Polish again if the Germans gloat

Dinesh84
3rd June 2011, 12:26 PM
:exactly: great comeback.. Drick :clap:

kid-glove
4th June 2011, 01:37 PM
Larry Bird approves of Dirk comparison:

http://www.nesn.com/2011/06/celtics-great-larry-bird-embraces-comparisons-to-mavericks-dirk-nowitzki.html

omega
4th June 2011, 04:51 PM
It was a very strange second game that Heat played. They seemed unstoppable until about the last 6 minutes (up by 15 points). For a team that tightens the defence in the later half of the last quarter it was shocking to see how most points by Mavericks were uncontended (not many one to one defence) & not slowing the pace of the game (running down the clock). It seems like they wanted to keep scoring quick points which ended in too many turnovers for a great comeback by the Mavs.....

The series is greatly poised now. With the next 3 matches @ Dallas they have a wonderful oppurtunity to finish it off @ their home court to avenge the defeat in 2006-07. It would be extremely tough though to win 3 in a row.....

kid-glove
5th June 2011, 12:35 AM
Mavs don't give up. They came back from 15 pt deficit vs OKC in game 4 & went on to win in overtime, remember? There are tards who still doubt it, but I don't believe there are any better clutch performers playing Basketball today than Dirk. He doesn't play with hall of famers. He elevates likes of JET, Marion, Kidd, Barea & rest to perform. Double & triple teamed he still gets the looks & lay ups. Whether it's the assist to wide open Kidd for three or run to unsettle Diddy for JET or keeping Bosh on him for Marion. Covered for Butler's injury in ways that aren't readily apparent.

Gimme a Dirkules' Mavs over King James + Queen Wade + Joker Bosh threesome Heat..

kid-glove
6th June 2011, 12:27 PM
On theory, the dirkulean should be rewarded but in practice, it gets shown up again. Heat get the vital win on the road & it doesn't look good for Mavs.

JET's lapses & turnovers get on my nerves. What more does Dirk had to do? 34 points & 11 rebounds. Only Wade gets close to him for MVP this year IMO. But even more Dirk deserves the ring for carrying his team to the finals.

Nerd
6th June 2011, 05:46 PM
That last shot would gave gone into the basket 99/100 occasions. Unfortunately the one last night was that 1/100 :oops: :cry:

omega
7th June 2011, 04:00 AM
Unfortunate for Dirk in missing the last shot when he was in great flow the later half of last quarter. But thats what NBA playoffs are made off. Cruel to say the least. Heart wants Mavs to win this series, but history seems like repeating. Heat has way too many options in their kitty. Mavs should take care of their turnovers which were way too many in the first half.

kid-glove
7th June 2011, 01:31 PM
Mavs missed Haywood precisely because Le Bron & co wud eat up Mahinmi & get easy lay ups & dunks without being challenged. Mahinmi also gave needless fouls (few unlucky with refs)

And they can't make up for Butler's miss. 16ppg can't be compensated unless JET, Peja & Barea step up. They're a bit slow perhaps to tackle the athletic defense of Heat. And Butler is one of the best guards in the perimeter..

kid-glove
8th June 2011, 11:51 AM
Carlisle's ploy with Stevenson, JJ Barea & JET (again got fired up by Chalmers talking thrash to him) paid off as they all contributed. Tyson Chandler, who has been the most consistent (apart from Dirk) , was the beast today. Carlisle had to make tactical substitutions to out think Spoelstra & also took care of Dirk's physical condition (21 pts , 11 rebounds with 40 degree fever :notworthy: 10 of it coming in clutch time. Another inspired comeback from 9 point deficit )

kid-glove
10th June 2011, 10:49 AM
:redjump:

JET could thrash talk all he likes if he'd keep flying those threes through LEBRON's face. :D Although have to say LBJ stepped up big to get triple-double (Think on career level, has more than MJ. Oh the legend Kidd has 100+) but again a jaded clutch performance. Really poor showing in 4th quarter throughout the series.

The disparity between both teams is Carlisle vis-a-vis Spoelstra. Showing trust in player's abilities, in-game changes & boosting confidence. Building the team around Dirk & yet trying to make likes of JJB step up like today.

And oh, to deserve the 'next MJ' tag, You need three things: All round Ability + Clutch Temperament + Rings. Honestly no other sporting legend has all round domination in any other sport, so it's really difficult to surpass the master. LBJ is a lesser player even if he might have bit more ability in certain aspects. But the biggest difference is the MJ's invincibility when chips are down..

omega
10th June 2011, 08:35 PM
Very good win for Dallas.
I am sure we will see more of Pat Railey (not directly, but thru' his inputs to Speolstra) in the remainder of the series @ Miami. Any time when the score is going to be 90+ it is advantage Dallas. Mavs also scored about 30% in 3 pointers with very high % as well. I am not sure if that can last in every game. It Mavs have to win the ring, they have to do it in Game6. Game 7 may be too tough would be my guess.

kid-glove
11th June 2011, 12:17 AM
The whole team understands that Game 6 is Game 7 for Mavs.

One of the best finals for a long long time. Just can't pick out the winner until last 90 of 4th quarter.

Beats the CL final / Beats both the GS finals this season so far / Beats FIFA WC 2010 / Beats CWC 2011

Only Stanley Cup comes close. It's 2-2 & now best of three series for Canucks & Bruins. US Sports 2011 #FTW.

VinodKumar's
11th June 2011, 02:23 AM
The whole team understands that Game 6 is Game 7 for Mavs.

One of the best finals for a long long time. Just can't pick out the winner until last 90 of 4th quarter.

Beats the CL final / Beats both the GS finals this season so far / Beats FIFA WC 2010 / Beats CWC 2011

Only Stanley Cup comes close. It's 2-2 & now best of three series for Canucks & Bruins. US Sports 2011 #FTW.

any live streaming links pls ...

omega
11th June 2011, 06:17 AM
any live streaming links pls ...

The Final series is telecasted in ABC. Next game on Sunday 8PM EST.
If you still need live streaming check http://www.lshunter.tv/basketball-live-streaming-video.html

VinodKumar's
11th June 2011, 10:07 AM
The Final series is telecasted in ABC. Next game on Sunday 8PM EST.
If you still need live streaming check http://www.lshunter.tv/basketball-live-streaming-video.html

:ty: omega ...

kid-glove
12th June 2011, 08:57 PM
D-wade & Lebron doing fake coughs to mock Dirk. I absolutely loathe both these twats. :twisted:

kid-glove
12th June 2011, 09:15 PM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/249340_10150189374421557_500191556_7501864_33774_n .jpg

Nerd
13th June 2011, 08:08 AM
Very uninspired performance by the Heat. So many leaks in the 4th quarter especially.

And Dallas, yayyyyy!!!!! :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump:

omega
13th June 2011, 08:29 AM
Very deserved victory to Mavs......Heat were over confident I guess.
So happy for Dirk (13 years in the league) & Kidd (17 years) on winning their first ring.....
Well done Mavs.... Another rivalry seems to be developing between Mavs & Heat.....

kid-glove
13th June 2011, 09:02 AM
:redjump:

JJB, little gazelle of celestial awesomeness. Great plays.

Dirk didn't get IN until clutch time. And to think that people thought he's a choker. :lol2:

JET is still flying baby. :thumbsup:

Eat that D-wussy. Drama queen. For all the fake playacting against Diop, Dampier, Harris, Josh Howard & Dirk (esp when it was 1 point game with 25 seconds to go) in 2006. Karma is a bitch, ain't it?

Fair play Spoelstra for giving Mavs the full credit. Isn't not that James choked coz of media, Mavs kept him quiet.

J.Kidd, Legend. :thumbsup:

kid-glove
17th January 2012, 08:55 PM
Disappointing vs Lakers, but still no reason that we can't go on another winning streak. Come on you Mavs!

Esp. happy with progress Ian Mahinmi is making. Come on you beautiful frenchman.

kid-glove
22nd June 2012, 02:27 PM
Miami won the playoffs.

Now King James got his ring.

More currency to arrogance and hyperbole. :sigh2:

There's no other American outfit (including Republicans) that I hate more than King James, Queen Wade and Joker Bosh. Spoelstra is alright. Glad for him.