PDA

View Full Version : WHY ARE THEY YOUR FAVOURITES

gurly
7th May 2010, 02:50 AM
In our hubbers community, our tastes are as different as you and me.

So, let's share what each of us likes about a particular aspect of tamil cinema. It could be about an actor, actress, singer, director, producer, comedian, lyricists, stunt master etc etc etc.

This is not meant for comparisons or to rank. Rather its a platform to understand about the gifts of Tamil cinema.

gurly
7th May 2010, 02:53 AM
I will start off:

Vijay: I like his screen presence, comedy timing, and dancing skills to begin :wink:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
7th May 2010, 04:04 AM
Well... Coming to actor i like vijay anna very much...
cho chweet (example: siragadikkum nilavu song ), getting younger day by day thus more charm, facial expressions , voice modulation, severe comedy sense, superb dancing skills, very energetic in stunts,
hairstyle, beard and moustache, taking risks in stunts and dance, mimigri, costumes (hats off to sangeetha anni) , dialogue delivery, enormous fans base, extensive social service ,
his films carry some or other gud message to the people than mere entertainment..... and alsoo to mention his latest flick.....another family entertainer with the movie steadily gaining popularity among the common masses...

gurly
7th May 2010, 04:37 AM
cho chweet (example: siragadikkum nilavu song ), getting younger day by day thus more charm, facial expressions , voice modulation, severe comedy sense, superb dancing skills, very energetic in stunts,
hairstyle, beard and moustache, taking risks in stunts and dance, mimigri, costumes (hats off to sangeetha anni) , dialogue delivery, enormous fans base, extensive social service ,
his films carry some or other gud message to the people than mere entertainment..... and alsoo to mention his latest flick.....another family entertainer with the movie steadily gaining popularity among the common masses...

:clap: Thank you Vinod very detailed and nice

Guru-V
7th May 2010, 10:17 AM
Actors:
Thala Ajith for Thannambikkai and hard working, desire to fulfill goals and attempting them with sheer confidence, good hearted
Ilaya Thalapathy Vijay: his presence alone is enough for anyone to be his fans, dance, entertainment, comic timing
Actor/Choreographer/Director: Prabhu Deva, the first movie i saw in my life when i was an infant was a prabhu deva film, so i guess that helped me become his big time fan, his dances, entertaining films, comedy, direction (minus a few films)

Actresses: Asin, Trisha, Sunaina, Kajal Agarwal, Anushka, Tammana, Sameera Reddy...all got the looks and are talented

Music Directors: AR Rahman, Harris Jeyaraj, Yuvan Shankar Raja..they continue to give good music and consistently make listeners yearn for more from them

so far thats all i have for now..if anything comes in my mind again i will post lol :)

cittu
7th May 2010, 12:47 PM
VIJAY- ivaru pera kettale manasula epdio romba sathosam vantuhudu. Screen lah paarkumpothu nammalaye maranthuduvom.

Rajaruud
7th May 2010, 12:57 PM
Vijay - For his dance,facial expression,screen presence etc etc

Harris - For his melody nos!

Gautham menon - For his Presentation (Though he copies from hollywood movies)

Vadivel - Esp for his facial expressions :rotfl2:

Kajal Agarwal - :slurp: :mrgreen:

Rocky89
7th May 2010, 01:08 PM
Actors:
Thala Ajith for Thannambikkai and hard working, desire to fulfill goals and attempting them with sheer confidence, good hearted
Ilaya Thalapathy Vijay: his presence alone is enough for anyone to be his fans, dance, entertainment, comic timing
Actor/Choreographer/Director: Prabhu Deva, the first movie i saw in my life when i was an infant was a prabhu deva film, so i guess that helped me become his big time fan, his dances, entertaining films, comedy, direction (minus a few films)

Actresses: Asin, Trisha, Sunaina, Kajal Agarwal, Anushka, Tammana, Sameera Reddy...all got the looks and are talented

Music Directors: AR Rahman, Harris Jeyaraj, Yuvan Shankar Raja..they continue to give good music and consistently make listeners yearn for more from them

so far thats all i have for now..if anything comes in my mind again i will post lol :)

aaga motthathula tamil cinema'la ellorayum pudikum'nu sollunga :)

avven
7th May 2010, 01:16 PM
:lol: :lol:

Punnagai Mannan
7th May 2010, 01:19 PM

:D :D :D

annaa, appdiye villu, kuruvi, alugiya tamil magan intha padangalil peoplekku enna some or other gud message sollirukkaru vijay annannu konjam solreengala...

:D mothalla intha moonu padangal karuthu ennanu sollunga...matha padangal kekkren ip u dont mind...

Rajaruud
7th May 2010, 01:23 PM
-deleted with warning-

Kambar_Kannagi
7th May 2010, 01:28 PM
Oh pls Rajaruud... Ur fellow fan 'ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar' said ''his films carry some or other gud message to the people"...

I don't think Punnagai Mannan asked anything wrongly there. Appadi enna good message iruku-nu eduthu sollalAmE... Instead of bashing him... :huh:

Rajaruud
7th May 2010, 01:32 PM
Oh pls Rajaruud... Ur fellow fan 'ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar' said ''his films carry some or other gud message to the people"...

I don't think Punnagai Mannan asked anything wrongly there. Appadi enna good message iruku-nu eduthu sollalAmE... Instead of bashing him... :huh:

Im not bashing him for that post... Neenga avaroda ella postyum paarunga... appo purium!! :evil:

Vinodh athuku avaruku kandippa solluvaan!! :P

Punnagai Mannan
7th May 2010, 01:33 PM

if one has a legitimate answer, he/she will...if he/she doesn't, then what to do except these :D :lol: :P :roll:

Rajaruud
7th May 2010, 01:34 PM
@ kambar

See his posts in Sura thread... U will understand!!

Kambar_Kannagi
7th May 2010, 01:34 PM

Im not bashing him for that post... Neenga avaroda ella postyum paarunga... appo purium!! :evil:

Then, why unnecessarily talk ill about him 'here'. Ungga thread-E pOthumE...

Vinodh athuku avaruku kandippa solluvaan!! :P

Yes, antha bashing post illAma, ippadi ArambathulayE sollirukalAm... :)

avven
7th May 2010, 01:41 PM
-deleted with warning-

Kambar_Kannagi
7th May 2010, 01:48 PM
First, no harm clearing doubts. When someone was asking BB status etc, link-Oda sErththu 'proof' kodukurathillaiyA, appadi thAn. As I said earlier Punnagai Man was asking since ur fren mentioned about it. Atha eduthu sollalAm illaiyA... :)

Second, I don't appreciate this kind of word 'keakura'. Take and give the respect where it's due.

Avven, u have changed over few months. Ithuku munNAdi nallA thAn post pannitu irunthEngga... :?

avven
7th May 2010, 01:52 PM
Avven, u have changed over few months. Ithuku munNAdi nallA thAn post pannitu irunthEngga... :?
yaaravathu intention na vijay ya bash pannakuna naan appadi thaan kambar :P yeanaku theriyum aavar intention yennanu aathan appadi :P ..yennmo maathavanga ellam bayagara message oda padam varamarithaan pesuranga paaa mudiyala :mrgreen:

avven
7th May 2010, 01:54 PM
As I said earlier Punnagai Man was asking since ur fren mentioned about it. Atha eduthu sollalAm illaiyA... :)

sonna aavaru amaithiya irupara enna aathuku ku yethavathu aavar mokka post pannuvaru..ungalukei theriyumnu nenaikurean :roll:

joe
7th May 2010, 01:56 PM
Yenpa ..uppu sappillathathukku ivvaLavu vivatham :oops:

kambar,
punnahai mannan nermaiya thaan kettar-nnu enakku thonalla ..kuththala thaan kettar -nnu thaan thoNichu.

rifath
7th May 2010, 02:12 PM

annaa, appdiye villu, kuruvi, alugiya tamil magan intha padangalil peoplekku enna some or other gud message sollirukkaru vijay annannu konjam solreengala...

:D mothalla intha moonu padangal karuthu ennanu sollunga...matha padangal kekkren ip u dont mind...mind ur words mister.better stop the nonsense.vijay threadladhan imsai panringa ingaeyuma?pls stop it

Kambar_Kannagi
7th May 2010, 02:15 PM

kambar,
punnahai mannan nermaiya thaan kettar-nnu enakku thonalla ..kuththala thaan kettar -nnu thaan thoNichu.

ஜோ அண்ணா, free-yA விடுவோம்...

rifath
7th May 2010, 02:16 PM

kambar,
punnahai mannan nermaiya thaan kettar-nnu enakku thonalla ..kuththala thaan kettar -nnu thaan thoNichu.yes me too feel the same joe na.punnagai sir pls stop this i really cant stand this.u can be any actors fan.no problems but pls dont provoke any other actor.sorry if i have hurt u.hope u will stop :D

rifath
7th May 2010, 02:18 PM

kambar,

ஜோ அண்ணா, free-yA விடுவோம்...freeya viduratha pathi onnum illai.enga (vijay fans and also some other ppl) problem sonnom avvlothan

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
7th May 2010, 02:34 PM
inga aetho sila hubbers enna message irukkunu solla sonnaangala...sila padangal exampleskku kudukkuraen....especially after ghilli almost all films had messages in them...

Ghilli: self confidence...thru his dialogue '' dama thundu blade mela vaikiira nambikkaaiya un mela vai da''...winning spirit: '' enna porutha varaikkum irangeetaena jaikkanum jaichae theeranum''

sivakasi: full mother sentiments...you guys won't understand all these...but those people who are illtreating their mother will definitely change if he watches this film...it was my parents all time favrite vj film.....intro song will be very encouraging...it will teach us to work hard till death...not believe in astrology ..just believe in God and ourselves......

Sura: again confidence....he will say ''namma vaazhkai namma kitta thaan irukkunu thanambikkai vaenum....helping tendency...he will help the blind people....then he will say to that money lender
'' govinda...namma sappidura sappattukku vairu nirayanum aana aduthavanga vairu eriyakoodathu....aniyaaya vatti vaangaatha'' many more are there...those who have seen the movie will know...

Kuruvi: the intro scene....''summa ninuttu irukka koodathu..irangi vaela seiyanum...athayum virupathudan vaela sencha rocketae vidalaam...''

Atm: the intro song itself is enough....a very powerful song.....every success and pride of oneself goes to the Almighty.....just keep on pursuing your duty like an river...and don't be disappointed if you don't get justice....as HE is watching everything and just leave it to HIM....Act in the present..For betterment of tomorrow.(SWAMI VIVEKANDA)
A special song for every student....which other film has such a song???????

Love today: ........even when his lover was ready he took the hard decision of going to job rather than love unlike paiyyaa.....

Vettaikaran: climax...he will talk to the blind officer that one must not shy away from the atrocities in the society but must have the courage and determination to oppose it.....

Pokkiri: he will beat one fellow who had sent his mother to help age home...that fellow will also promise to be with his mother till her death.....these things are very common in real life...but he stresses that mother is God and we must not betray her.....

villu: that rasigar mandram flag itself is enough....ulaithidu uyarnthidu unaal mudiyum.....

All above this most of his intro songs give us a new beginning...vaazhkaiyae waste endru irukkuravan kooda elunthu ninnu munnaeranumnu ninaippan......his extensive social service..... Well all these are enough for me and enough for all those who asked about it........there are many other movies of vj but i have listed only a few that i have seen.... Maybe he might have made a different role in other films but surely atleast one scene will teach something gud...

RAJA12
7th May 2010, 02:40 PM
inga aetho oru hubber enna message irukkunu solla sonnarula...sila padangal exampleskku kudukkuraen....especially after ghilli almost all films had messages in them...

Ghilli: self confidence...thru his dialogue '' dama thundu blade mela vaikiira nambikkaaiya un mela vai da''...winning spirit: '' enna porutha varaikkum irangeetaena jaikkanum jaichae theeranum''

sivakasi: full mother sentiments...you guys won't understand all these...but those people who are illtreating their mother will definitely change if he watches this film...it was my parents all time favrite vj film.....intro song will be very encouraging...it will teach us to work hard till death...not believe in astrology ..just believe in God and ourselves......

Sura: again confidence....he will say ''namma vaazhkai namma kitta thaan irukkunu thanambikkai vaenum....helping tendency...he will help the blind people....then he will say to that money lender
'' govinda...namma sappidura sappattukku vairu nirayanum aana aduthavanga vairu eriyakoodathu....aniyaaya vatti vaangaatha'' many more are there...those who have seen the movie will know...

Kuruvi: the intro scene....''summa ninuttu irukka koodathu..irangi vaela seiyanum...athayum virupathudan vaela sencha rocketae vidalaam...''

Atm: the intro song itself is enough....a very powerful song.....

Love today: ........even when his lover was ready he took the hard decision of going to job rather than love unlike paiyyaa.....

Vettaikaran: climax...he will talk to the blind officer that one must not shy away from the atrocities in the society but must have the courage and determination to oppose it.....

Pokkiri: he will beat one fellow who had sent his mother to help age home...that fellow will also promise to be with his mother till her death.....these things are very common in real life...but he stresses that mother is God and we must not betray her.....

villu: that rasigar mandram flag itself is enough....ulaithidu uyarnthidu unaal mudiyum.....

All above this most of his intro songs give us a new beginning...vaazhkaiyae waste endru irukkuravan kooda elunthu ninnu munnaeranumnu ninaippan......his extensive social service..... Well all these are enough for me and enough for all those who asked about it........there are many other movies of vj but i have listed only a few that i have seen.... Maybe he might have made a different role in other films but surely atleast one scene will teach something gud...

:cool2:

19thmay
7th May 2010, 02:42 PM
குபீர்

joe
7th May 2010, 02:59 PM
குபீர்

Ivar thaan unga Favourite-a ? :lol:

Punnagai Mannan
7th May 2010, 03:06 PM
thanks vinodh. that love today message made my day. hope karthi learns from his mistakes atleast now on.

rifath
7th May 2010, 04:54 PM
thanks vinodh. that love today message made my day. hope karthi learns from his mistakes atleast now on.neengal kobathai vittathil enakku mikka magilchi :D

Plum
7th May 2010, 05:02 PM
குபீர்

VA Moorthy-ya dhAn ipdi indicate pandraarunnu nenaikkarEn

omega
7th May 2010, 05:10 PM
குபீர்

Antha listukku (gud messages) avaroda reaction athu!!!!!!!(VAM sirippu)

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
7th May 2010, 05:21 PM
thanks vinodh. that love today message made my day. hope karthi learns from his mistakes atleast now on.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
7th May 2010, 05:32 PM
My favrite lyricist.....Kabilan...a strong pillar for vijay songs.........

Plum
7th May 2010, 06:07 PM
குபீர்

Antha listukku (gud messages) avaroda reaction athu!!!!!!!(VAM sirippu)

ada theriyunga! sumMA oru idhukku sonnEn

Roshan
7th May 2010, 06:31 PM
குபீர்

:rotfl: Ultimate :thumbsup:

Ramkumar86
7th May 2010, 06:36 PM
குபீர்

:rotfl: Ultimate :thumbsup:

குபீர் na ultimate ah..

Thirumaran
7th May 2010, 07:36 PM
ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar,
Though i coult not agree with ur post, it was a good one From ur point of View :thumbsup: Instead of laughing or mocking on whos raised the question, you gave ur thoughts. Appreciate :thumbsup:

raghavendran
7th May 2010, 07:54 PM
ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar,
Though i coult not agree with ur post, it was a good one From ur point of View :thumbsup: Instead of laughing or mocking on whos raised the question, you gave ur thoughts. Appreciate :thumbsup:

ya... :exactly: :thumbsup:

gurly
7th May 2010, 08:00 PM

:D mothalla intha moonu padangal karuthu ennanu sollunga...matha padangal kekkren ip u dont mind...

:omg: The reason this thread was created again was not to fight about what others have said. Rather you can just share who you like and why. We are not here to judge anyone please

Sudarsh
7th May 2010, 08:07 PM
One of my three Fav Actors- Kamal Hassan, Prakash Raj, Vivek,

Kamal Hassan----- Do i really need to give an explanation for this man any further? ULAGA NAYAGAN, UNIVERSAL HERO TITLES ITSELF SHOWS WHO HE IS. The most versatile actor in tamil cinema, has taken risks with a lot of roles and has come out as an successful actor, has gotten a lot of negative feedback especially from the people who can't accept him aetheism point! Honestly aetheism has nothing to do with whether an actor is a good actor or not! I respect this man beliefs, I believe everyone has the right to their own views! But anyways even despite all this this man has proven himself to be the number one actor in tamil cinema! He can do any role and i mean it any role from comedy to action to anything! Kamal used to say that i make a fool out of myself sometimes to show my acting... well Kamal u really have a long way with that! The kind of acting he has shown you in movies like Nayagan, Indian, Thenali, Anbe Sivam and all itself prove he is the best not only in tamil cinema but also in Indian Cinema! Truly one of the finest actors In Indian Cinema! I believe their will never be another Kamal he is a real gift to tamil cinema!

Prakash Raj---- Another versatile actor has really proven himself capable in many roles whether it be a villain, a father, or anything. When I saw him in Ghilli I felt that this man played his role so well as that villain it almost made me hate that guy! But then when u see him again in a movie like Santosh Subramanium and Arindhiyum Ariyamulam you just love the guy! And nowadays whenever he shows up in screen its just a fun and good feeling to know that Prakash is also part of this movie! Truly one of the best actors in tamil cinema when it comes to acting, dialogue delivery, and even expressions. A real gift to tamil cinema that cannot be replaced!

Vivek-----This man doesn't need an explanation.... the national award itself is enough to say he is the best comedian in India and Tamil Cinema! Afterall comeon guys he is the only comedian to receive a padmashree award in India! The service he has provided to tamil cinema is extremely superb! Whenever i see Vivek in a movie I just feel so relaxed and good cause he is awesome! He has done millions of films that will always be in my heart forever! One of the most recent ones that come to mind is none other than the superb comedy he did in Thoondil! I just loved the comedy he did in that movie and what i really like about him is his consistency.... all these years he has been providing great comedy without dissapointing us! I hope he continues to give us superb comedy... I truly think he is the best comedian in Tamil cinema! And one of the best in Indian Cinema! Truly is a superb gift to Indian Cinema and I'm telling you there will never be another Vivek! So let us all be thankful for this gift!

gurly
7th May 2010, 08:09 PM
Punnagai Mannan
Rocky89
Kambar_Kannagi
joe
19thmay
Plum
omega
Roshan
Ramkumar86
Thirumaran
raghavendran

Hey guys mentioned above, i have noticed that you guys haven't stated your favourites and why. (surely you must have favourites, or atleast likes) If you don't mind can you guys share you views, that way we can discuss and broaden our horizons so that it this topic can be more than just about vijay, as this thread is not meant to be about him.

Thank you, and sorry if i have said anything wrong.

Sudarsh
7th May 2010, 08:17 PM
Punnagai Mannan
Rocky89
Kambar_Kannagi
joe
19thmay
Plum
omega
Roshan
Ramkumar86
Thirumaran
raghavendran

Hey guys mentioned above, i have noticed that you guys haven't stated your favourites and why. (surely you must have favourites, or atleast likes) If you don't mind can you guys share you views, that way we can discuss and broaden our horizons so that it this topic can be more than just about vijay, as this thread is not meant to be about him.

Thank you, and sorry if i have said anything wrong.

hmm why did u have to even say it like that lol :P :P because u when u write like that "it is meant to be more than about vijay" it makes people think that u were assuming that they thoguht this thread was about vijay :P Gurly i dont think we can ask specific people to share their thoguhts just leave it as is if they want to write they will automatically write later!

rifath
7th May 2010, 08:23 PM
I LIKE ALL ACTORS RAJINI KAMAL VIJAY AJITH VIKRAM SURYA .

BUT FAVOURITES ARE RAJINI KAMAL VIJAY KARTHI.

rajini:charisma style just screen presence is enough.the 1st person whom i became a fan of.
kamal: hardwork his movies are always fresh.
vijay:man of charisma a one man entertainment troupe.he is the only actor in the industry that reminds me of rajini.i started loving him in ghilli.than in thirupachi sandhanam fight i was just stunned.i started worshipping him

gurly
8th May 2010, 01:19 AM
hmm why did u have to even say it like that lol :P :P because u when u write like that "it is meant to be more than about vijay" it makes people think that u were assuming that they thoguht this thread was about vijay :P Gurly i dont think we can ask specific people to share their thoguhts just leave it as is if they want to write they will automatically write later![

That's why i mentioned if they don't mind sharing. CUz as you said we cannot force anyone. And further, i want to make this thread more colourful. I thought that instead of talking specifically about some people we could incorporate more aspects of tamil cinema.

I want to add more to my list

Ajith: i like his boldness: the fact that he is pursing his dream of racing in the midst of being one of the top stars in kollywood

Surya: I think his eyes speak a lot as mentioned by RGV. Especially in his performances in Varnam Ayiram :)

Superstar Rajni: always entertains regard of the movie. Also, his emotional performance in Kuselan( i was like wow)

Sudarsh
8th May 2010, 05:36 AM
hmm why did u have to even say it like that lol :P :P because u when u write like that "it is meant to be more than about vijay" it makes people think that u were assuming that they thoguht this thread was about vijay :P Gurly i dont think we can ask specific people to share their thoguhts just leave it as is if they want to write they will automatically write later![

That's why i mentioned if they don't mind sharing. CUz as you said we cannot force anyone. And further, i want to make this thread more colourful. I thought that instead of talking specifically about some people we could incorporate more aspects of tamil cinema.

Ajith: i like his boldness: the fact that he is pursing his dream of racing in the midst of being one of the top stars in kollywood

Surya: I think his eyes speak a lot as mentioned by RGV. Especially in his performances in Varnam Ayiram :)

Superstar Rajni: always entertains regard of the movie. Also, his emotional performance in Kuselan( i was like wow)

I knew suriya would come in this list :P Yenda ponnai patalam suriya vai vidaiiiii vai matanga :P Vera enna irka suriya kitta Eyes mattum thana? :P LOL No matter which actor a girl prefers as their main favourite.... Suriya will always be added to their overall favourites list :D :D :D :P along with the other actors! I think some of us guys say we dislike him as an actor but the truth is its because we are quite jealous of his special powers among the girls :P :P :P :P :P See im being honest here :P :P :P

I guess he is like the modern Kamal Hassan(in his young days) because I know at a point when Kamal was young all the girls thought he was the best and most attractive actor in Tamil Cinema in his young days..... same thing is continuing with Suriya :P :D

Guru-V
8th May 2010, 08:06 AM
Actors:

:lol:

i wont say everyone, but most of them lol :P

P_R
8th May 2010, 09:35 AM
குபீர் :rotfl:

cittu
8th May 2010, 11:21 AM
inga aetho sila hubbers enna message irukkunu solla sonnaangala...sila padangal exampleskku kudukkuraen....especially after ghilli almost all films had messages in them...

Atm: the intro song itself is enough....a very powerful song.....every success and pride of oneself goes to the Almighty.....just keep on pursuing your duty like an river...and don't be disappointed if you don't get justice....as HE is watching everything and just leave it to HIM....Act in the present..For betterment of tomorrow.(SWAMI VIVEKANDA)
A special song for every student....which other film has such a song???????

Vinod, really superb. Wow enakku romba happya ah irukku, ungla maari Vj kku fans irukkthunnu ninakkumpothu.

jinju
8th May 2010, 11:48 AM
actors
Kamalji - do i need to explain in words...?! am not worth doing that...just :notworthy:

mattha names ellaam konjam keela thaan podanum... :)

Vikram - the way he has stuck on in the industry even at times when no one gave him a second look (rejected by none other than mani ratnam) and made it big purely due to his determination n abundant talent...post Anniyan, he has disappointed, but going by Raavanan trailers he seems to be back to where he belongs...eagerly waiting!

Suriya - another example of maximizing the limited talent and making it big! determination, intelligent choice of projects r the traits i like in him, and yeah, am a fan of that disarming smile too!

Sathyaraj - well, many will view this name as a shocker but i somehow like him mainly for his unparalleled comic timing and sometimes the evident sarcasm...call it a quirk or anything, right from his villainy days to the present b grade flicks he lends his presence to, there's been something that has drawn me to him...yeah at times, most of his jokes go overboard for many but i've liked his comedy timing all along, a rare gift! i was looking forward to him pairing up with dileep in his recent malayalam outing Aagathan, only to be disappointed that his voice was dubbed and the role was half baked! and yeah, i'l nev forgive him for the comment he made on sundar c n lalettan! :D

the commercial cinema demigods of present, vijay and ajith i share a love-hate relationship with them depending on their films, not a big fan of both but haven't missed many films of theirs too...tho as of late, i have been judicious as to selecting which one of their films to watch...

Maddy, a wasted talent thanks to his disastrous choices most of the times...andha smile podhume!

as of late, i like whatever work i've seen of Karthi so far...tho it's too early to predict anything on him.

directors
KB and Bharathiraja...their contribution to tamil cinema go beyond just the films they've directed...!
Mani sir...again, no words!
Bala, the master of exploitation films!
Goutham Vasudev Menon, for his glossy commercial ones...

music director

AR Rahman :notworthy: , his music has been a part of my life, growing up, as a kid i used to be hooked to chikku bukku, thiruda thiruda, and all these years has rarely disappointed me...and i feel life has come a full circle when my kid, all of 2 years, makes an expression of lifting his right hand as if to sing a difficult raaga n the next instant makes a piano playing motion and tells "dady, play eeeeeeennnnn idhayam(the raaga action)...hosanna(the piano one)" and i wish his music continue to enrich our lives in the coming years...! :notworthy:

another guy whose work i like is santosh sivan tho his work is not entirely limited to tamil filmdom but his best cinematography work has been in tamil and mostly with mani sir...

well it's been a long list n post...thanks for ur patience whoever read it! :D

Plum
8th May 2010, 01:21 PM
jinju, konjam Malayalam film personalities-la unga favourites pathiyum sollalAmE

jinju
8th May 2010, 01:31 PM
jinju, konjam Malayalam film personalities-la unga favourites pathiyum sollalAmE

sure plum, this thread is mainly about the tamil filmdom, so i listed only those...gimme some time for a writeup...i have this habit of elaborating...always envy guys who can express more in less words...well, am not one! :D

Plum
8th May 2010, 01:46 PM
always envy guys who can express more in less words
You shouldn't. avainga eppavumE apdi thAn-nuttu - namma namma style-ai perumaiyA thUkki pidikkaNum :-)

complicateur
8th May 2010, 01:50 PM
vanmayAna kaNdanam!

jinju
8th May 2010, 02:04 PM
vanmayAna kaNdanam!

:D

jinju
8th May 2010, 02:06 PM
always envy guys who can express more in less words
You shouldn't. avainga eppavumE apdi thAn-nuttu - namma namma style-ai perumaiyA thUkki pidikkaNum :-)

sure...from hereon :) !

gurly
8th May 2010, 06:42 PM

I really liked mohal lal's performance in unnai pol oruvan. His voice modulation, body language, everything. (of course kamal as well, the movie was i think underated)I thought it was amazing.

gurly
8th May 2010, 06:45 PM
SHALINI AJITHKUMAR

Though she doesn't act anyone, i really enjoyed her films as main heroin. Especially (kathaliku mariyathai, alai payuthey, and amarkalam)

Her simple, yet beautiful looks, her on-screen chemisty (was simply amazing in all the films i mentioned above), and her very natural acting.

Mahen
8th May 2010, 07:29 PM
Ajit - the most good looking actor in South India,bold

Vijay - best dancer in TFI, terrific screen presence

Kamal-rajni - just love to see them on screen, cant explain why

Maniratnam - one of the very few directors who can convey emotions just by using visuals and music

Shankar - kollywood's techie director..only director who does justice to ARR's songs

ARR - no words to describe how his music impacted my adolescence

Tammu - avlo azhagu, well read and sexy too :D Started her career with flops and junk heroes....Rose like a phoenix(without taking the glamor route) after a realistic Kallori where she delivered a knock-out performance...Envy her efforts in learning Tamil to dub for herself

Guru-V
9th May 2010, 06:18 AM
Raghuvaran

miss that genius so much in films...always did complete justice to even a small cameo role he did

Jyothsna
9th May 2010, 08:54 AM
Shankar - kollywood's techie director..only director who does justice to ARR's songs

Aniyayam.. :twisted: MR ?

Mahen
9th May 2010, 09:02 AM

He wasted the songs in AE.. :D

Jyothsna
9th May 2010, 09:06 AM

Agreed! But pachai nirame picturization 1 pothum :notworthy: :notworthy: IMHO,shankar thalaikeezha ninnakuda appadi edukka mudiyathu

Mahen
9th May 2010, 09:32 AM

Agreed! But pachai nirame picturization 1 pothum :notworthy: :notworthy: IMHO,shankar thalaikeezha ninnakuda appadi edukka mudiyathu

Well mani cant do a Style or athiridakaran too.. :) Actually both are good..

gurly
10th May 2010, 03:24 AM
Raghuvaran

miss that genius so much in films...always did complete justice to even a small cameo role he did

:exactly: But i think my favourite is Badsha. I just didn't know who to pay more attention to Rajni or him. They were both awesome

gurly
10th May 2010, 03:36 AM
actors
Kamalji - do i need to explain in words...?! am not worth doing that...just :notworthy:

mattha names ellaam konjam keela thaan podanum... :)

Vikram - the way he has stuck on in the industry even at times when no one gave him a second look (rejected by none other than mani ratnam) and made it big purely due to his determination n abundant talent...post Anniyan, he has disappointed, but going by Raavanan trailers he seems to be back to where he belongs...eagerly waiting!

Suriya - another example of maximizing the limited talent and making it big! determination, intelligent choice of projects r the traits i like in him, and yeah, am a fan of that disarming smile too!

Sathyaraj - well, many will view this name as a shocker but i somehow like him mainly for his unparalleled comic timing and sometimes the evident sarcasm...call it a quirk or anything, right from his villainy days to the present b grade flicks he lends his presence to, there's been something that has drawn me to him...yeah at times, most of his jokes go overboard for many but i've liked his comedy timing all along, a rare gift! i was looking forward to him pairing up with dileep in his recent malayalam outing Aagathan, only to be disappointed that his voice was dubbed and the role was half baked! and yeah, i'l nev forgive him for the comment he made on sundar c n lalettan! :D

the commercial cinema demigods of present, vijay and ajith i share a love-hate relationship with them depending on their films, not a big fan of both but haven't missed many films of theirs too...tho as of late, i have been judicious as to selecting which one of their films to watch...

Maddy, a wasted talent thanks to his disastrous choices most of the times...andha smile podhume!

as of late, i like whatever work i've seen of Karthi so far...tho it's too early to predict anything on him.

directors
KB and Bharathiraja...their contribution to tamil cinema go beyond just the films they've directed...!
Mani sir...again, no words!
Goutham Vasudev Menon, for his glossy commercial ones...

music director

AR Rahman :notworthy: , his music has been a part of my life, growing up, as a kid i used to be hooked to chikku bukku, thiruda thiruda, and all these years has rarely disappointed me...and i feel life has come a full circle when my kid, all of 2 years, makes an expression of lifting his right hand as if to sing a difficult raaga n the next instant makes a piano playing motion and tells "dady, play eeeeeeennnnn idhayam(the raaga action)...hosanna(the piano one)" and i wish his music continue to enrich our lives in the coming years...! :notworthy:

another guy whose work i like is santosh sivan tho his work is not entirely limited to tamil filmdom but his best cinematography work has been in tamil and mostly with mani sir...

well it's been a long list n post...thanks for ur patience whoever read it! :D

:cool2: Nice and detailed.

HonestRaj
10th May 2010, 09:54 PM

Grouch..... we got one :yes:

PARAMASHIVAN
10th May 2010, 10:01 PM
Raghuvaran

:cry: me too

HonestRaj
10th May 2010, 10:04 PM
Favourites...................

munnadi oru murai ippadi oru thread irundhadhu... appave post pannitten.. adhukkaga indha threadla post pannamattenu yarum varuthappada vendam :)
indha murai ennoda fav. paththi pudhu madhiriya post pannuvEn :swinghead:

Part-I

புரட்சி கலைஞருக்கு புகழாரம்
எழுதத் தீராத தேவாரம்
இது உங்கள் செவிகளை
விட்டு விலகா ரீங்காரம்

சிங்கம் என்றால் எம் கேப்டன் தான்
சிறுத்தை என்றால் எம் கேப்டன் தான்
செல்லம் என்றால் எம் கேப்டன் தான்
வெல்லம் என்றால் எம் கேப்டன் தான்

பெரியதாக எந்த ஒரு பின்புலமும் இல்லாமல் திரைத்துறையில் கால்பதித்தவர்
பெரும் போராட்டத்திற்கு பிறகு தன் முத்திரையை பதித்தவர்
ஆரம்ப கட்டத்தில் பல அவமானங்களை சந்தித்தவர்
எந்த கட்டத்திலும் தன்மானத்தை விட்டுக்கொடுக்காதவர்

மிகத்திறமையான நடிகர்களுடன் போட்டியிட்டவர்
வாரிசு நடிகர்களுடன் போட்டியிட்டவர்
கல்லூரிப்பெண்களை கவர்ந்த நடிகர்களுடன் போட்டியிட்டவர்
அனைத்து போட்டியிலும் முடிந்தவரை வெற்றிப்பெற்றவர்
தோற்றாலும் துவழாதவர்
வென்றாலும் வெளியே சொல்லாதவர்

வெற்றிக்கூட்டணியை அமைக்காதவர்
கொண்ட கூட்டணியை வைத்து வென்றவர்
திறமைகளுக்கு முகவரி கொடுத்தவர்
கொடுத்ததை அன்றே மறந்தவர்

நட்புக்காக நடித்து கொடுத்தவர்
நட்பிடம் வாய்ப்புக்காக செல்லாதவர்
இளம் தலைமுறையை அரவனைதுக்கொண்டவர்
ஒரு தலைமுறைக்கு தொழில்முறையை கற்றுக்கொடுத்தவர்

.... ....
.... ....

இது முடியாத காவியம்
கேப்ட்டனின் ராஜ்ஜியம் :)

Part-II ..... appuram post panrEn :mrgreen:

until then....

கேப்டன் (http://movies.bizhat.com/img/uploaded/thavasi11.jpg)

புரட்சி கலைஞர் (http://www.galatta.com/entertainment/tamil/thavasi/images/wp2.jpg)

PARAMASHIVAN
10th May 2010, 10:04 PM

:lol2:

PARAMASHIVAN
10th May 2010, 10:08 PM
குபீர்

oh another VAM fan

welcome :notworthy:

PARAMASHIVAN
10th May 2010, 10:11 PM

ithula irunthu theriyuthu neenga ethan Rajni movie paathu irukeenga nu :P

gurly
10th May 2010, 10:20 PM

Paramasivan anna, I am not that old so i haven't watched many of his earlier movies :oops: . I think the first rajni movie i saw was muthu, can't quiete remeber the story. But the first one i saw and really enjoyed and remembered was badsha. I think i watched it like 3 times. Then i remember thalapathy which i loved soo much. I liked rajni's way of acting, especially that look he gives at the climax scene when his mom decides to stay with him :cry: (I think i watched that 30 second bit like a hundred times) Rajni was soo cute and innoncent.

The reason i put up kuselan was because i actually liked the movie. I actually cried during the scene where rajni gets on the stage an talks about pasupathi :oops: I don't usually cry during movies.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
10th May 2010, 10:45 PM
:cry: :cry2: :cry3:

gurly
11th May 2010, 06:29 AM
I knew suriya would come in this list :P Yenda ponnai patalam suriya vai vidaiiiii vai matanga :P Vera enna irka suriya kitta Eyes mattum thana? :P LOL No matter which actor a girl prefers as their main favourite.... Suriya will always be added to their overall favourites list :D :D :D :P along with the other actors! I think some of us guys say we dislike him as an actor but the truth is its because we are quite jealous of his special powers among the girls :P :P :P :P :P See im being honest here :P :P :P

I guess he is like the modern Kamal Hassan(in his young days) because I know at a point when Kamal was young all the girls thought he was the best and most attractive actor in Tamil Cinema in his young days..... same thing is continuing with Suriya :P :D

Ippo not only girls, but guys are also not letting surya go :wink: I think whether he is peoples favourite actor or not remains one question, but to me it seems like he in everyone's list. He is and has been in my list, but the only thing is the numero uno stop is reserved for VIJAY.(It used to be occupied by surya when he was less famous around 5-6 years ago). The fact that he remains to be in everyone's list is a strong asset that he holds.

groucho070
11th May 2010, 07:59 AM

Grouch..... we got one :yes: :thumbsup: :D

PARAMASHIVAN
11th May 2010, 03:17 PM

Paramasivan anna, I am not that old so i haven't watched many of his earlier movies :oops: . I think the first rajni movie i saw was muthu, can't quiete remeber the story. But the first one i saw and really enjoyed and remembered was badsha. I think i watched it like 3 times. Then i remember thalapathy which i loved soo much. I liked rajni's way of acting, especially that look he gives at the climax scene when his mom decides to stay with him :cry: (I think i watched that 30 second bit like a hundred times) Rajni was soo cute and innoncent.

The reason i put up kuselan was because i actually liked the movie. I actually cried during the scene where rajni gets on the stage an talks about pasupathi :oops: I don't usually cry during movies.

Thangachi :)

You dont have to be old to watch old films :), Almost all films Shivaji sir films were made before I was born, and a lot of Rajni sir films were made before I was born :) so age has nothing to do with it, it is one's taste :)

PARAMASHIVAN
11th May 2010, 03:18 PM
:cry: :cry2: :cry3:

yEn intha sirupillai thanam :lol2:

gurly
12th May 2010, 12:40 AM

You dont have to be old to watch old films :), Almost all films Shivaji sir films were made before I was born, and a lot of Rajni sir films were made before I was born :) so age has nothing to do with it, it is one's taste :)

I guess your right anna. I haven't seen many of vijay's older movies(not because im too young, but because i wasn't interested at that time) but when i become his fan, i bought all of his movies and went on a vijay frenzy :oops:

rifath
12th May 2010, 08:16 AM

I guess your right anna. I haven't seen many of vijay's older movies(not because im too young, but because i wasn't interested at that time) but when i become his fan, i bought all of his movies and went on a vijay frenzy :oops:
gurly oru chinna digression
unga signaturela "peyar alagum"nu potrikeenga .athu thappu
"paer alagu"nu podunga adhan correct spelling :D

m_23_bayarea
12th May 2010, 09:18 AM
Superstar Rajinikanth! I can't summarize in one post why he's my favorite... Sorry! :oops: 8-) 8-)

groucho070
12th May 2010, 09:25 AM
Two words to end it all: நடிகர் திலகம் 8-)

cittu
12th May 2010, 09:27 AM
Uncle, enakkum nadigar thilagam pidikkum.

joe
12th May 2010, 09:29 AM

Vivasaayi
12th May 2010, 09:30 AM

yEn uncle sirikireenga?

joe
12th May 2010, 09:30 AM
enakkum nadigar thilagam pidikkum.
:D

groucho070
12th May 2010, 09:31 AM
Adapavigala....annan-ilurunthu Uncle promotion-a? :lol: Etho NT pudicha sari :D

Kambar_Kannagi
12th May 2010, 09:33 AM

Grouch: இதற்கு நான் சொல்லாமலே இருந்திருக்கலாம்... :lol2:

joe
12th May 2010, 09:40 AM

yEn uncle sirikireenga?

NeengaLum naanum kamal fan ..neengaLum uncle thaan. :lol:

Vivasaayi
12th May 2010, 09:42 AM
Joe,

NONO!

Kamal fans - annan..or thambi nu koopidalam..

Shivaji fans - uncles...here only primary ownership taken .... u r primarily sivaji fan - so uncle...im primarily kamal fan so....anan or thambi

joe
12th May 2010, 09:47 AM
Vivasayi,
vayasu vachu paatha naan uncle -na Ajith / Vijay ellam uncle thaan :)

Vivasaayi
12th May 2010, 09:48 AM
Vivasayi,
vayasu vachu paatha naan uncle -na Ajith / Vijay ellam uncle thaan :)

I know :)

NOV
12th May 2010, 11:21 AM
danush fan'aa irundhaa eppadi? :think:

Vivasaayi
12th May 2010, 11:37 AM
danush fan'aa irundhaa eppadi? :think:

thambikku thambi..chinna thambi

NOV
12th May 2010, 11:47 AM
:ty:

PARAMASHIVAN
12th May 2010, 03:00 PM

ThamBiRi (VAM istyle)

Unga Istar VJ ya vida 2-3 vayasu thaan anNan Groucho ku :lol2:

Ok, enakum NT romba pidikum Uncle GrouchO :rotfl: :oops:

PARAMASHIVAN
12th May 2010, 03:06 PM
Superstar Rajinikanth! I can't summarize in one post why he's my favorite... Sorry! :oops: 8-) 8-)

:2thumbsup: Of course Super * is my first choice , followed by NT

:P :2thumbsup: :shoot: :cheer: :happydance: :yes: :bluejump: :redjump: :boo:

SuraTheLeader
12th May 2010, 03:08 PM
Hi All,

As my user name suggests, I m Vijay Fan.
REASON I LIKE VIJAY:
*Very Simple.He is the one who represented guys like us on screen.
*Till My school days I hardly watch movies in the Theatres.Only in Televisions.
*After I joined College its the vice-versa.I watched almost all the movies in Theatres.
*My First and Only Love started when I was in my College.
*At that time only Vijay Portrayed as MIDDLE CLASS/AVERAGE LOVER BOY on Screen.
*I could relate more of myself to Vijay.
*It was the time when he did films like SHAJAHAN,YOUTH ..........
*I remain his fan after he transformed from lover boy to Action Mass Hero.

joe
12th May 2010, 05:39 PM
sabbaa marupadiyum aarambichtunagappa bhajanai paada :banghead: :sigh2:
:x This thread is to share their personal preference and give the reasons ..Whether you like their preference or not ..doesn't matter.

better to avoid this kind of comments 8-)

MADDY
12th May 2010, 05:46 PM
sabbaa marupadiyum aarambichtunagappa bhajanai paada :banghead: :sigh2:
:x This thread is to share their personal preference and give the reasons ..Whether you like their preference or not ..doesn't matter.

better to avoid this kind of comments 8-)

finally someone says this, thanks joe 8-)

Thirumaran
12th May 2010, 08:47 PM
Paramashivan,
It is absolutely in bad taste to comment on other hubbers's personal preferences again and again.

If it is difficult for u to tolerate, stay away.

Prabo
12th May 2010, 09:46 PM
Raguvaran - His impeccable intensity and body language for the character. Shiva, thottachinungi, puriyaathputhir, Mugavari, etc, etc :notworthy:

gurly
13th May 2010, 08:24 AM

:omg: how sad is this. I literally heard the song like a million times. Anyways thank you for the info thambi :D Mistake corrected

Prabo
13th May 2010, 04:50 PM

:omg: how sad is this. I literally heard the song like a million times. Anyways thank you for the info thambi :D Mistake corrected

ada ada ada enna correction :rotfl:

mnaren555
13th May 2010, 04:54 PM
ada ada ada enna correction :rotfl:kindal pandraram da doi

Prabo
13th May 2010, 05:24 PM
no kindal...I just found his post funny :)

mnaren555
13th May 2010, 05:26 PM
no kindal...I just found his post funny :)na chumma na dont mistak me :cool2:

gurly
17th May 2010, 08:53 AM
[tscii:08d6d1618f]

ada ada ada enna correction :rotfl:

¨Prabo 8-) :oops: :lol: [/tscii:08d6d1618f]

Sudarsh
20th May 2010, 04:37 AM
One of my favourite actors that i forgot to mention was Dhanush I just can't beleive it didn't come to my mind the other day he is simply an amazing actor who is all about performance. Now if you guys dont mind I'm just going to plagiarize my own post from the other thread because im too lazy to write it again sorry :oops:

I think Dhanush is one of the best among the current generation actors. Dhanush is all about performance he rocks to the core in every single movie! Even if the storyline isn't that great he will excel in his acting and make the movie great! I'll give u an example of a not so great story Kutty... i really didn't like that movie storyline very much but Dhanush blew us away with his acting so it made the movie superb! His best film to date for me would be Thiruvilayadal Arambam! Initially a lot of girls didn't like him because of his skinny appearance... and people used to say he will go no where but he has a come long way and i wish him the best of luck for the future.... he will surely be a legend in the future! He rocks in everything from dance, to comedy, to fight u name it! Also his expressions are chanceless.... he did a great job in the recent Yaradi Nee Mohini as well!

jinju
22nd May 2010, 12:37 PM

Plum-oda indha postkku reply dhaan keela podren...if mods/topic creator feels that this shud b in Indian Films section, please take the appropriate action...ille naa ingeye irukkattum, patience irukkra nanbars padinga, as it is reaaaly elaaaaborate! :D

Actors
Lalettan :notworthy: : Well, he's my alltime favorite actor in any language, period. just like i see many Nadigar Thilagam fans here filling up thread after thread sharing their accounts on his performances even after all these years, i'll go on and on about Lalettan, his performances, the impact they had on me. I don't exactly know when I turned his fan, i think it just happened, a gradual process. just as arr's music has been an influence, as a young boy growing up i've seen lalettan playing jayakrishnan of thoovaanathumbikal, solomon of namukku paarkkaan munthirithoppukal, vincent gomas of raajaavinte makan, sethumadhavan of kireedom, nandagopal of kamaladalam, again sethu of bharatham, all with remarkable ease. It was amazing for me as a kid to watch a man go through such varied roles with disarming ease, yet leaving a strong impact that will last decades! As a majority of malayalam youth of that period, me too fell in love with the relativity factor to the characters that lalettan essayed; the nick lalettan says it all, someone close to you! While Mammootty was always admired from a distance, with respect, this guy was sort of "hey i see myself here" (no wonder my wife keeps on harping that she can see many of the lal mannerisms in me, it just got imprinted in the psyche i say!)...any good role of his will take 1 thread for me to gloat on! that's the influence, that's the effect this actor has had on me...no actor other than kamalji, and to an extent, de niro has had that kind of effect on me as a viewer! have an avid collection which i proudly display to all and sundry, and apart from some of his post-Narasimham bloopers i've got almost all of his films with me which i revisit day in, day out! i mean, most of the days i start with a dose of lal before leaving to office, be it a 5-minute scene, i just put on a dvd and watch a certain scene along with my breakfast, just have a glimpse of that man, makes my day...u can figure out the kind of adulation that is! i think i'l end by saying i wouldn't have watched or followed malayalam cinema as closely as i did, if not for lalettan. many people wonder whether they'l watch a cricket match again once sachin's done and dusted, myself at times think the same of malayalam films without lal...i may not is what i conclude most of the times!

Mammootty :notworthy: : not a die-hard fan, and obviously as a fanatic of lal while growing up, used to have lots of fights with some mamootty fans which i've outgrown over the years, thanks to the sheer brilliance of the man proving me otherwise...! as i told, while lalettan was like an allrounder friend who cud do anything for u, this man was like the headmaster of the institution whom u revered and observed from a distance! Mrugaya is my favorite Mammootty performance along with Amaram and Oru Vadakkan Veeragaatha! not quite a fan of his post 2000 works barring very few, but then that's the case of malayalam films in general! truly one of the best India has ever produced...!

Nedumudi Venu/Thilakan/Bharat Gopi :notworthy: : just like naseeruddin shah, pankaj kapur n co, i consider these 3 actors to be in a different league altogether...give them any role and they'l give back 200% to u...personally i like nedumudi venu, some of the work that he has done in the parallel cinema movement of late 70s and early 80s stand out for sheer brilliance, be it kallan pavithran or chellappanaasaari and the likes. He was lucky that the likes of aravindan, bharathan, and padmarajan were at their peak thereby creating a golden period in malayalam cinema. it's not a coincidence that these 3 actors come from strong drama backgrounds!

Jagathy Sreekumar: No words...one of the best comedy/character actors in India :notworthy:

Shobhana: Classic South Indian beauty, and that unforgettable Ganga/Naagavalli perfo of Manichithrathaazhu which has been redone with disastrous results by lesser actresses (soundarya's version can be called an exception, still cannot match!) and also for the fact of being a perfect pair of lalettan in many a film!

Manju Warrier: The only new generation malayalam actress whose performances could be compared to the best in business! Kannezhuthi Pottum Thottu, Sallapam, Kanmadam, Aaraam Thamburan are just glimpses of her potential...what a pity that Dileep chose to rob malayalam cinema of its finest actress of the generation to be his wife, and we have been saddled with poor imitations in the navya nairs, bhavanas etc! :)

Parvathi: No great shakes as an actress, but if i remember right, this is the first actress that i ever had a crush on...her gol gol eyes and chubby cheeks were a childhood fascination, maybe that explains y i found a girl with similar features to be my wife :D ! yes, she made a good pair with lalettan too in some of his noteworthy films!

Sukumari n KPAC Lalitha: Rarely does a malayalam film get made without either of these 2 veteran actresses' presence in it...actresses par excellence!

Directors

Padmarajan :notworthy: - Thoovanathumbikal, peruvazhiyambalam (novel), oridathoru fayalvaan, namukku paarkkaan munthirithoppukal, moonnaam pakkam...do i need to say more?! add director Blessy to his contributions to malayalam cinema...! Pappettan as he is fondly called created some lasting hero/heroine characters in malayalam cinema thanks to his writing background, and Jayakrishnan and Clara of Thoovaanathumbikal especially are my favorites! It was interesting to listen to an interview of his wife and go through some of the rare pictures in his living room by means of my lucky friends who got the chance to visit his house! such a talent gone at a ripe young age! RIP :(

Bharathan - An acclaimed painter himself, the visual landscapes Bharathan portrayed thru his films remain unmatched. Nature/atmosphere whatever one can call it plays as prominent a role as the story or the leads in Bharathan's flicks, examples being Amaram, Thaazhvaaram, Vaishaali, Paalangal etc...Like many greats, the latter stages of his career was ruled by mediocrity but the impact of Bharathan on malayalam cinema is huge! RIP :(

Blessy, Fazil - Blessy for making those rare 2 malayalam films of 2000s in Kaazhcha n Tanmatra that really touched me as a person, and also rediscovering the actor in lalettan through 2 memorable characters in Tanmatra and Bhramaram...i believe blessy's best is yet to come! Fazil, for all his conveninently cliched films in the 80s n 90s gave one Manichithrathaazhu which personally is best film that i've watched in any language! agree that he had directors like priyadarsan, sibi malayil, siddhique-lal working on the project simultaneously but still the vision was his and scriptwriter madhu muttom's...any director who read that script would've laughed that project off i think...and willing to do such a project with 2 superstars who were busy doing actioners and catering to their superstar image requires a hats off...Paachikka had that guts and malayalam cinema, and in fact Indian cinema will always be grateful for that! and yeah, Indian cinema can be grateful to Fazil for the small favor of discovering an actor called Mohanlal and casting him in Manjil Virinja Pookkal :D

Priyadarsan and Sathyan Anthikkad, two names synonymous with remakes/cliches but some of the work these 2 did in 90s malayalam commercial cinema remains unmatched...a personal thanks to these 2 for making those superbly entertaining films and exploring the lighthearted Mohanlal to his fullest!

Sreenivasan, more for his thought provoking/trendsetting scripts, though the only 2 films he directed are also personal favorites...and yeah, he's a competent actor too!

MDs/Singers
Raveendran maash :notworthy: - i don't know if there's anyone more underrated than raveendran maash in the field of music direction...i mean, i exactly don't know how many of his works are appreciated or known outside of kerala...i mean look at some of his work: Aham, Amaram, Bharatham, His Highness Abdullah, Kamaladalam, Mazhayethum Munpe, Vadakkumnaathan, Nandanam...i mean, in a day atleast one of these albums will play in any film music loving household in kerala rest assured...RIP :( !

Johnson - another MD who needs to be known/appreciated more for his work...Kanneerppoovinte from Kireedom, what better tune for a situation like that! Aakaashamaake Kanimalar from Namukku Paarkkaan Munthirithoppukal, etc are just a couple of memorable ones from him...his teaming up with Sathyan Anthikkad in the late 80s n 90s are unmatched as is his collaborations with Padmarajan, Bharathan, and Kamal...woah, the golden days of malyalam film music...has been unpardonably left out or cut down his work in today's scheme of things of malayalam films where mediocrity rules, still the rare work that he did for Photographer couple of years back was refreshing amidst the "noise" that we get to hear in the name of music in malayalam films as of now!

Dr. KJ Yesudas :notworthy: - do i need to say anything more?

Chithra n Sujatha - heavenly voices

ippothekku avvlo dhaan nyaabagam varudhu Plum...these r my obvious favorites in malayalam...

Plum
23rd May 2010, 03:20 PM
JInju, excellent. There are quite a few of us keralophiles here but still we view with tinted external glasses. Great to read a perspective from within with all the life experiences associated. This is what I wanted from you :)

jinju
24th May 2010, 09:38 AM
JInju, excellent. There are quite a few of us keralophiles here but still we view with tinted external glasses. Great to read a perspective from within with all the life experiences associated. This is what I wanted from you :)

thanks for going thru, plum... :)