PDA

View Full Version : Music of Devi Sri Prasad

NOV
5th June 2010, 08:19 AM
[html:28fc64cfff]
http://www.cineherald.com/interviewimage/ir_7324_DEVI-SRI-PRASAD-1.jpg
[/html:28fc64cfff]

Devi Sri Prasad (born 2 August 1979) was born in Vedurupaka and later moved to Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. His father was a school teacher and a writer. He completed his schooling at Sir M. Venkata Subba Rao Boys High School, T. Nagar, Chennai. He won several prizes in the culturals organised at inter-school level for both dance and singing competitions.

His debut music album Dance Party, along with S. P. B. Charan and a few more debutants at the time, was the kick start of his music career. He began his musical-direction career in 1999 in the Telugu film Devi. Devi Sri Prasad was a disciple of the renowned mandolinist, U. Srinivas, and he has directed music for dozens of South Indian films, including several box-office successes.

Devi Sri Prasad is known to be a big fan of Ilaiyaraaja. He has a younger brother named Sagar who is also a playback singer.

NOV
5th June 2010, 08:23 AM
[tscii:ded5d523b2]
Devi Sri Prasad is upbeat. As “Singam” rocks the box office, the music composer talks about his passion-turned-profession.

Devi Sri Prasad is smiling from ear to ear. The musician, who is back after a frenzied round of theatre-hopping to gauge the audience pulse at the “Singam” shows, breaks into song. “Stole My Heart…tran tran tran…” he mock-strums ecstatically.

The number is one of Devi a.k.a DSP's current favourites from a spice-spangled oeuvre that covers 40 films in Telugu, Tamil and Kannada. At his tech-tuned studio on the backstreets of Vadapalani, the buoyant musician, famous for some recent sonic adventures, is living out his dream. And guess what, a larger-than-life portrait of the maestro he respects most — Ilayaraja — in his trademark pensive mood, watches over the proceedings!

For someone who did his school homework listening to “Ilayaraja's plaintive ‘Solai pushpangalae en sogam kaelungalae…' from a tiny transistor, and grew up on a steady diet of Michael Jackson's head bobbing beats, Devi says he's lucky because his passion is his profession. “It's like a beautiful paid holiday! I'm having fun composing tunes. To be a composer, you have to be a die-hard music lover — which I am.”

He breaks into another song — “Excuse Me Mr. Kanthasamy” — this time with a mock keyboard, to explain that it isn't easy to compose songs for commercial films. “Any song has to be catchy. People think class films are tough and mass films come easy. But that's not true. Not many know I'm a disciple of Mandolin U. Shrinivas. The Prabhu Deva-directed ‘Pournami' has many songs with classical influences. The biggest test is to bring freshness to any proven format.”

In the same vein, the composer whose cheeriness is so much in tune with his sunshine tracks such as ‘Adada Adada Adada' (“Santhosh Subramaniam”) and ‘Daddy Mummy Veetil Illa' (“Villu”), says, “I believe in breaking rules. You can succeed even without breaking rules. But only if you look beyond preset notions, you can get to the next level. Look at Mani Ratnam or Ram Gopal Varma. They are not judged by their latest hit or flop. They will always be respected because they paved new paths. I'm inspired by such people. I'm trying too — in my own way to be individualistic, even while alchemising varied influences — from folk and kuthu to pop and hip-hop.”

Creative freedom

Talk about directors he's worked with and the creative freedom he enjoys, and Devi says, “It's the director who holds the key to the success of a film. To begin with, he is the source of my inspiration for any score. Thankfully, whether it is Susi Ganesan (‘Kanthasamy'), Hari (‘Aaru', ‘Singam') or K.S. Ravi Kumar (RR for ‘Dasavatharam'), I've enjoyed freedom. And music happens in a very casual atmosphere — in the course of a conversation. Or over a cup of coffee. Filmmaking is based on trust between many creative people. I'm conscious of the fact that a good film can become a super hit if the music strikes a chord with the audience and that even a fantastic score cannot save a poorly made film!”

Born in Andhra Pradesh and bred in Tamil Nadu, Devi undoubtedly has an edge. The musician who made his debut at the age of 17 with the Telugu runaway success “Devi” (don't miss the happy coincidence), and didn't have to hit the pause button since, says, “I'm totally clued in when it comes to Tamil and Telugu films. I can even write lyrics in Tamil! Knowing the languages and understanding local sensibilities are a big advantage because music is an important form of expression. From my school days at Venkata Subba Rao in T. Nagar, I've participated in culturals and straddled many passions — music, dance and photography.”

Devi is hopeful of cutting a non-film disc too. “I feel sad when I go back in time to the days of good old desi pop. Channels and music companies that once promoted the genre are today out of business. In my teens, I did ‘Dance Party' and ‘Mr. Devi'. Non-film albums are a great avenue for music aspirants. Not all wanting to get into films realise their dreams.”

With a clutch of big banners in Telugu and Tamil (upcoming works of K.S. Ravikumar-Kamal Haasan, Bhoopathy Pandiyan-Vikram and Hari), there's a lot to sing about on Devi's career front. “The past few years have been a whirl. It's a capricious industry. So you feel mighty responsible about the work you take on. But despite the frenetic schedules and cancelled vacation plans, I don't feel I've missed anything. Because I'm composing music not by force, but by choice,” he smiles and returns to mock strumming — this time it's throaty Baba Sehgal's ‘Kadhal Vandhale' from “Singam”.

http://beta.thehindu.com/life-and-style/metroplus/article446403.ece[/tscii:ded5d523b2]

Bala (Karthik)
8th June 2010, 10:42 AM
Devi Sri Prasad was a disciple of the renowned mandolinist, U. Srinivas
:shock: What a guru to have :notworthy:

raajarasigan
8th June 2010, 09:38 PM
Objection your honor....DSP ellam thaniya thread create pandra alavukku innum valarala enbathu en karuthu...

satissh_r
8th June 2010, 09:42 PM
Objection your honor....DSP ellam thaniya thread create pandra alavukku innum valarala enbathu en karuthu...

+ 1

VinodKumar's
8th June 2010, 09:43 PM

Mr Raajarasigan,

Avar makkal kitta reach aanaro illayo aana avar padagal makkal kitta nalla reach aagiruku. So avaruku oru thread start pannurathula onnu nama koranjira matom.

raajarasigan
8th June 2010, 09:59 PM

Mr Raajarasigan,

Avar makkal kitta reach aanaro illayo aana avar padagal makkal kitta nalla reach aagiruku. So avaruku oru thread start pannurathula onnu nama koranjira matom.I disagree at least in tamil films... he has NOT composed a single ever green song till now, IMO... ella padathuleyum ore beat (Himesh maadhiri)....innum mothama patthu padam kooda podala... aana athukkulle paattu engeyo kaetta feeling...

take singam for e.g. kaadhal vandhaale starts very similar to vaada maapillai (villu).. in fact, the whole tune of the first line.... in charanam also, he used the same tune as in kattu kattu keerai kattu.... BGM kooda onnum solra alavukku ethuleyum illa... can't recollect any theme / BGM in any of his movies....

VinodKumar's
9th June 2010, 12:17 AM

Mr Raajarasigan,

Avar makkal kitta reach aanaro illayo aana avar padagal makkal kitta nalla reach aagiruku. So avaruku oru thread start pannurathula onnu nama koranjira matom.I disagree at least in tamil films... he has NOT composed a single ever green song till now, IMO... ella padathuleyum ore beat (Himesh maadhiri)....innum mothama patthu padam kooda podala... aana athukkulle paattu engeyo kaetta feeling...

take singam for e.g. kaadhal vandhaale starts very similar to vaada maapillai (villu).. in fact, the whole tune of the first line.... in charanam also, he used the same tune as in kattu kattu keerai kattu.... BGM kooda onnum solra alavukku ethuleyum illa... can't recollect any theme / BGM in any of his movies....

RajaRasigan,

Naan avar quality ah sollala. Enga veetu pakkathu kadaila Tea kudika varavangaluko, antha tea kadai owner ko , pakkathu auto stand auto driversko, illa van cab oturavangaluko quality lam theriyaathu songs hum pannura maari iruntha pothum. Antha vagaila DSP pass mark vaangitaarnu solla vanthaen :D

Kattu kattu la start aagi

Sachein
aaru
Something something
Santhosh Subramaniyam
Kanthasamy
Villu

songs lam nalla reach aana songs thaan. At least naan paatha varaikum.

app_engine
9th June 2010, 12:30 AM
"இளையநிலா மாதிரி ஒரு பாட்டாவது போட்டாலே போதும்..."னு சொன்ன பையன் தானே :-)

நல்லா வளரட்டும்!

கமல் கூட இப்ப சேர்ந்திருக்கார், இன்னொரு பெரிய ப்ளஸ் அது!

raajarasigan
9th June 2010, 12:25 PM
RajaRasigan,

Naan avar quality ah sollala. Enga veetu pakkathu kadaila Tea kudika varavangaluko, antha tea kadai owner ko , pakkathu auto stand auto driversko, illa van cab oturavangaluko quality lam theriyaathu songs hum pannura maari iruntha pothum. Antha vagaila DSP pass mark vaangitaarnu solla vanthaen :D
agree on this....

interz
9th June 2010, 08:05 PM
Might I add few more tamil movies by DSP:

Ice (2002)
Mazhai (2005)
Maayavi (2005)
Kutty (2010)

Kadavul Thantha from Mayavi is a very popular song, and was often played on Tamil channels. IMO DSP deserves separate thread for composing beautiful melodies and peppy songs.

Even GV.Prakash has his own thread in hub so why shouldnt DSP?

raajarasigan
10th June 2010, 11:47 AM
Even GV.Prakash has his own thread in hub so why shouldnt DSP?G.V Prakash is far better than DSP... both quality as well as commercial success...also, DSP has NOT composed many melodies but only peppy songs...

satissh_r
10th June 2010, 02:19 PM
He sticks to a template and does not want to come out of it, that for me is his biggest drawback.

interz
10th June 2010, 04:58 PM
Even GV.Prakash has his own thread in hub so why shouldnt DSP?G.V Prakash is far better than DSP... both quality as well as commercial success...also, DSP has NOT composed many melodies but only peppy songs...

IMO GVP proved nothing so far, he is a one hit wonder (Veyil). GVP has become a guarantee for a movie will flop. The sole reason why GVP is in the cinefield is because his uncle is world wide famous.

Plum
10th June 2010, 06:25 PM
Devi.. ding chak ah ding chak ah de de devi...Ey maLLA..dum diga dum diga...devii sri prasad...ai ai devi sri prasad...

There, I have covered his style.

satissh_r
10th June 2010, 06:43 PM

IMO GVP proved nothing so far, he is a one hit wonder (Veyil). GVP has become a guarantee for a movie will flop. The sole reason why GVP is in the cinefield is because his uncle is world wide famous.

Idhu enna mayamnu oru paatu irukku Oram po padathula, ketirukingala?

raajarasigan
11th June 2010, 01:29 PM
IMO GVP proved nothing so far, he is a one hit wonder (Veyil). GVP has become a guarantee for a movie will flop. The sole reason why GVP is in the cinefield is because his uncle is world wide famous.this is too harsh on GVP!! Oram Po, AO, Polladhavan, Angadi Theru -- most of the songs of these movies are chart busters...

Plum
11th June 2010, 01:34 PM
GVP - like Chinmayee's real voice, his 'real' style still eludes me. Still not able to form even an opinion on him.

I can't relate that the same person who scored polladhavan scored Veyyil or AO. is Angadi theru by GVP? That just adds to the confusion. What is his real voice?
(I dont want to orient this as a compliment - even Rahman, Raja are versatile but underlying the different styles that they exhibhit, there is an unifying factor, a stamp of theirs. A Rahman fan never mistakes a HJ song for Rahman, and as I'd reply to all people who attribute MMKV or VSN or Deva or S-G songs to IR, no true IR fan will mistake any of those songs for IR as IR's stamp is unmistakable. GVP's versatility doesnt seem to be of the same type to me)

raajarasigan
11th June 2010, 02:23 PM
GVP - like Chinmayee's real voice, his 'real' style still eludes me. Still not able to form even an opinion on him.

I can't relate that the same person who scored polladhavan scored Veyyil or AO. is Angadi theru by GVP? That just adds to the confusion. What is his real voice?
(I dont want to orient this as a compliment - even Rahman, Raja are versatile but underlying the different styles that they exhibhit, there is an unifying factor, a stamp of theirs. A Rahman fan never mistakes a HJ song for Rahman, and as I'd reply to all people who attribute MMKV or VSN or Deva or S-G songs to IR, no true IR fan will mistake any of those songs for IR as IR's stamp is unmistakable. GVP's versatility doesnt seem to be of the same type to me)Plum, agree that GVP has NOT yet had his own stamp.. in fact, most of the composers nowadays... except U1 & HJ...

angadi theru was done by both GVP & VA.., not sure who has done what in that movie.. for me, aval appadi ondrum seems to be from VA... Kadhagalai pesum & un perai sollum bother - GVP... if this is right, I found at least half stamp of GVP... of course, it is just between VA / GVP... :D

littlemaster1982
11th June 2010, 02:25 PM

That's because GVP worked like a guest composer in Polladhavan and Angadi Theru, that doesn't help at this stage. Probably if he had forged a combo like Selva-YSR or HJ-GVM, he could have done better. He has a long way to go.

Scale
12th June 2010, 01:37 AM
GVP is right up there "next of kin" to Yuvan & HJ style, formula & way to succeeder.

Has lot of good, consistent hits and fairly notable albums.

Scale
12th June 2010, 01:59 AM
Singam, Kutty, Kanthasamy, Villu, Santu Subbu wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devi_Sri_Prasad)

DSP I better come back once "Manmathan Ambu" releases. Until then, this thread needs to be confiscated to Telugu films section :oops:

VinodKumar's
12th June 2010, 02:12 AM
[tscii:9e8627d99a]Devi Sri Prasad is smiling from ear to ear. The musician, who is back after a frenzied round of theatre-hopping to gauge the audience pulse at the “Singam” shows, breaks into song. “Stole My Heart…tran tran tran…” he mock-strums ecstatically.

The number is one of Devi a.k.a DSP's current favourites from a spice-spangled oeuvre that covers 40 films in Telugu, Tamil and Kannada. At his tech-tuned studio on the backstreets of Vadapalani, the buoyant musician, famous for some recent sonic adventures, is living out his dream. And guess what, a larger-than-life portrait of the maestro he respects most — Ilayaraja — in his trademark pensive mood, watches over the proceedings!

For someone who did his school homework listening to “Ilayaraja's plaintive ‘Solai pushpangalae en sogam kaelungalae…' from a tiny transistor, and grew up on a steady diet of Michael Jackson's head bobbing beats, Devi says he's lucky because his passion is his profession. “It's like a beautiful paid holiday! I'm having fun composing tunes. To be a composer, you have to be a die-hard music lover — which I am.”

He breaks into another song — “Excuse Me Mr. Kanthasamy” — this time with a mock keyboard, to explain that it isn't easy to compose songs for commercial films. “Any song has to be catchy. People think class films are tough and mass films come easy. But that's not true. Not many know I'm a disciple of Mandolin U. Shrinivas. The Prabhu Deva-directed ‘Pournami' has many songs with classical influences. The biggest test is to bring freshness to any proven format.”

In the same vein, the composer whose cheeriness is so much in tune with his sunshine tracks such as ‘Adada Adada Adada' (“Santhosh Subramaniam”) and ‘Daddy Mummy Veetil Illa' (“Villu”), says, “I believe in breaking rules. You can succeed even without breaking rules. But only if you look beyond preset notions, you can get to the next level. Look at Mani Ratnam or Ram Gopal Varma. They are not judged by their latest hit or flop. They will always be respected because they paved new paths. I'm inspired by such people. I'm trying too — in my own way to be individualistic, even while alchemising varied influences — from folk and kuthu to pop and hip-hop.”

Creative freedom

Talk about directors he's worked with and the creative freedom he enjoys, and Devi says, “It's the director who holds the key to the success of a film. To begin with, he is the source of my inspiration for any score. Thankfully, whether it is Susi Ganesan (‘Kanthasamy'), Hari (‘Aaru', ‘Singam') or K.S. Ravi Kumar (RR for ‘Dasavatharam'), I've enjoyed freedom. And music happens in a very casual atmosphere — in the course of a conversation. Or over a cup of coffee. Filmmaking is based on trust between many creative people. I'm conscious of the fact that a good film can become a super hit if the music strikes a chord with the audience and that even a fantastic score cannot save a poorly made film!”

Born in Andhra Pradesh and bred in Tamil Nadu, Devi undoubtedly has an edge. The musician who made his debut at the age of 17 with the Telugu runaway success “Devi” (don't miss the happy coincidence), and didn't have to hit the pause button since, says, “I'm totally clued in when it comes to Tamil and Telugu films. I can even write lyrics in Tamil! Knowing the languages and understanding local sensibilities are a big advantage because music is an important form of expression. From my school days at Venkata Subba Rao in T. Nagar, I've participated in culturals and straddled many passions — music, dance and photography.”

Devi is hopeful of cutting a non-film disc too. “I feel sad when I go back in time to the days of good old desi pop. Channels and music companies that once promoted the genre are today out of business. In my teens, I did ‘Dance Party' and ‘Mr. Devi.' Non-film albums are a great avenue for music aspirants. Not all wanting to get into films realise their dreams.”

With a clutch of big banners in Telugu and Tamil (upcoming works of K.S. Ravikumar-Kamal Haasan, Bhoopathy Pandiyan-Vikram and Hari), there's a lot to sing about on Devi's career front. “The past few years have been a whirl. It's a capricious industry. So you feel mighty responsible about the work you take on. But despite the frenetic schedules and cancelled vacation plans, I don't feel I've missed anything. Because I'm composing music not by force, but by choice,” he smiles and returns to mock strumming — this time it's throaty Baba Sehgal's ‘Kadhal Vandhale' from “Singam”.

ROCK N ROLE!

It's not just Devi's jig-worthy compositions that have got producers queueing up to him. Big banners have approached him to play lead roles following his much-talked about showmanship at audio launches. "During the shoot of `Kadhal Vandhale' ("Singam"), Suriya called me thrice. Knowing my flair for dance, he jocularly remarked, `You must have conceived of some steps while composing the tune!' That was a huge compliment. I can dance and interact with the audience spontaneously. Production houses from Tamil and Telugu have approached me. But I'm not in a hurry. I'm waiting for an interesting script."

SING THING

Not many know that crooner Devi was called by A. R. Rahman to sing a number fo the Telugu version of "Raavan". "It came as a big surprise. Rahman has watched me perform at functions. And I didn't realise I had made an impact. So when I got the call, I was like `Are you sure, it's me?'"

THE BIG PIC

If not a musician, Devi would have become a photographer. His studio has all th facilities for professional shoots. An array of cameras and a flowing, flawless whit backdrop. "I've shot aspiring models and many pictures during my travels. I don' like going on composing trips abroad because I get busy enjoying the place from photographer's perspective. Once I followed a chubby baby staring angrily at th world from his dad's shoulder for three hours! To me, painting, photography, musi and dance are like one integrated big picture. When I see photos, I see music i them. It's like a composition!"

http://www.thehindu.com/mp/2010/06/12/stories/2010061253320800.htm[/tscii:9e8627d99a]

Mahen
12th June 2010, 08:38 AM

:hammer: :hammer: Whats ur problem? Im not sure why you hate GVP so much...For his age, GVP has done extremely well..Some of his high quality albums Anandha Thandavam,Kireedam,AO,MAdaraspatinam...The theme music in Anandha Thandavam :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: priceless..very close to my heart and can move me to tears

Intha DSP-ku oru thread :hammer: :evil: If you ask me to list 10 most annoying songs, 5 will be from DSP albums...

Feel my love,she stole my heart...recent thanga mudiyathu songs

raajarasigan
12th June 2010, 07:37 PM
Singam, Kutty, Kanthasamy, Villu, Santu Subbu wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devi_Sri_Prasad)

DSP I better come back once "Manmathan Ambu" releases. Until then, this thread needs to be confiscated to Telugu films section :oops:I believe you don't have to come back....

being an HCKHF , I hate his decision that he has gone to DSP... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

interz
12th June 2010, 11:34 PM
Our music taste is very different from each others. I dont like the music GVP makes. If I should respect him as a music-composer he has to compose better than A R Rahman, Harris Jeyaraj, Yuvan Shankaraja.

I like the songs DSP compose, they are songs for the masses, I am among the mass. Excuse me for being the guy at tea shop listening to mass song and tapping my foot.

Mahen
13th June 2010, 07:31 AM
Our music taste is very different from each others. I dont like the music GVP makes. If I should respect him as a music-composer he has to compose better than A R Rahman, Harris Jeyaraj, Yuvan Shankaraja.

I like the songs DSP compose, they are songs for the masses, I am among the mass. Excuse me for being the guy at tea shop listening to mass song and tapping my foot.

:confused2: the weirdest reason i have heard...

You mentioned ARR,harris,yuvan and at the same time you are tea shop guy... :banghead: Enna solla varingey?ARR,HArris,yuvan=DSP?

Anyways :wave:

Mahen
13th June 2010, 07:37 AM
Nov, pls open a thread for Hari on films section :lol: If you like recycled tunes, you should like recycled films too :D

VinodKumar's
13th June 2010, 07:42 AM
Oru thread start pannathuku ivalo prachanaiya :sigh2:

Mahen
13th June 2010, 07:49 AM

:roll: Yeah thinking of it now, it is silly.. :oops:

VinodKumar's
13th June 2010, 11:17 AM

You mentioned ARR,harris,yuvan and at the same time you are tea shop guy... :banghead: Enna solla varingey?ARR,HArris,yuvan=DSP?

Mahen,

Tea shop guys lam ARR <Distance maintain pannanum> Yuvan,Harris songs lam ketka koodatha. Avanga podra music lam hubbers, orkuters, facebookers ku mattumma :shock:

Avangaluku paatu pudichirukaangarathu thaan matter. They dont care about music directors.

VinodKumar's
13th June 2010, 11:19 AM

DSP I better come back once "Manmathan Ambu" releases. Until then, this thread needs to be confiscated to Telugu films section :oops:I believe you don't have to come back....

being an HCKHF , I hate his decision that he has gone to DSP... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Kamaloda periyaaaaaaaaaa padathuku avar thaanga BGM :D

Mahen
13th June 2010, 11:38 AM

Mahen,

Tea shop guys lam ARR <Distance maintain pannanum> Yuvan,Harris songs lam ketka koodatha. Avanga podra music lam hubbers, orkuters, facebookers ku mattumma :shock:

Avangaluku paatu pudichirukaangarathu thaan matter. They dont care about music directors.

IT was like ARR,HArris,yuvan=DSP? thats why i responded :) Freeya viduvom

raajarasigan
13th June 2010, 12:11 PM

:roll: Yeah thinking of it now, it is silly.. :oops:page oottaa venamayya... :P

raajarasigan
13th June 2010, 12:13 PM

Kamaloda periyaaaaaaaaaa padathuku avar thaanga BGM :Dincluded that also... :x

VinodKumar's
13th June 2010, 12:14 PM

Kamaloda periyaaaaaaaaaa padathuku avar thaanga BGM :Dincluded that also... :x

Himesh,Deva lam ok va :roll:

littlemaster1982
13th June 2010, 12:19 PM
Deva is underrated.

VinodKumar's
13th June 2010, 12:21 PM
Deva is underrated.

:thumbsup:

NOV
13th June 2010, 04:05 PM
Avangaluku paatu pudichirukaangarathu thaan matter. They dont care about music directors.:exactly:
this not only applies to tea kada patrons but also to ppl like me, who owe allegiance to none and simply want to get value for money spent.

Mahen, hopes the following news will soften your heart. :P

Tamannaah is all set to be Naga Chaitanya's heroine in a film directed by Sukumar and produced by Geeta Arts. Devi Sri Prasad will score the music.
Naga Chaitanya, who did soft roles in both Josh and Ye Maya Chesave, will be doing a mass role this time. Nagarjuna had wanted Naga Chaitanya not to make his debut with a mass role.
http://sify.com/movies/tamannaah-and-naga-chaitanya-team-up-imagegallery-telugu-kgilN1ijfbg.html

Mahen
13th June 2010, 07:16 PM
Avangaluku paatu pudichirukaangarathu thaan matter. They dont care about music directors.:exactly:
this not only applies to tea kada patrons but also to ppl like me, who owe allegiance to none and simply want to get value for money spent.

Mahen, hopes the following news will soften your heart. :P

Tamannaah is all set to be Naga Chaitanya's heroine in a film directed by Sukumar and produced by Geeta Arts. Devi Sri Prasad will score the music.
Naga Chaitanya, who did soft roles in both Josh and Ye Maya Chesave, will be doing a mass role this time. Nagarjuna had wanted Naga Chaitanya not to make his debut with a mass role.
http://sify.com/movies/tamannaah-and-naga-chaitanya-team-up-imagegallery-telugu-kgilN1ijfbg.html

Athu telegu padam..so no worries :)

Plum
13th June 2010, 07:58 PM
If neutrality means patronisation o mediocrity, or if broad taste means lionising the ordinary, then I'd rather watch Singam or Suraa 100 times!

interz
13th June 2010, 10:39 PM
Devisri Prasad also composing Radha Mohans (Mozhi, Abhiyum Naanum, Alagiya Theeye) bilingual movie called Payanam starrnig Nagarjuna

Looking forward to Payanam songs.

VinodKumar's
13th June 2010, 11:26 PM
Deva is underrated.

Master,

ithula yethum ulkuthu irruka illa nejamalumae va :?

NOV
14th June 2010, 07:08 AM
If neutrality means patronisation o mediocrity, or if broad taste means lionising the ordinary, then I'd rather watch Singam or Suraa 100 times! Is quality the sole proprietorship of a handful?
Or is mediocrity and ordinary only reserved for the other-than-the-elite group?

Isn't it better to take all that is good and leave most which are bad, rather than just accept everything that is sundry as long as it is produced by the so-called elite?

Why take Singam and Suraa when you have VA and KM?

littlemaster1982
14th June 2010, 08:34 AM
Deva is underrated.

Master,

ithula yethum ulkuthu irruka illa nejamalumae va :?

Nijamaadhan sonnen :)

raajarasigan
14th June 2010, 12:45 PM
Vinod,

Himesh = DSP , IMO.. ore beat... repeatition... Dasav - Muguntha paattu Himesh potta maadhiri theriyala... kamale pottirukkalam... :P

matthapadi, Deva is OK compared to these two fellows... at least, he has got a variety... avarukku copy adikkarar peruduthu underrated aagittar....

NOV,

If DSP deserves a thread here just becoz he has commercial success, then why NOT for James Vasanthan, VA, Thaman, Dharan... IMO, all these composers are way ahead in terms of quality....

NOV
14th June 2010, 01:29 PM
If DSP deserves a thread here just becoz he has commercial success, then why NOT for James Vasanthan, VA, Thaman, Dharan... IMO, all these composers are way ahead in terms of quality....quality is itself subjective.

But seriously, I have no problems if anyone wants to start threads on any of these people. :D

raajarasigan
14th June 2010, 01:35 PM
If DSP deserves a thread here just becoz he has commercial success, then why NOT for James Vasanthan, VA, Thaman, Dharan... IMO, all these composers are way ahead in terms of quality....quality is itself subjective.

But seriously, I have no problems if anyone wants to start threads on any of these people. :DI know.. :) but varavan poravanukku ellam thread create panna enna pandrathu...vitta, namma AT hero siddharthukku kooda thread create pannuvaanga pola... :wink:

NOV
14th June 2010, 01:49 PM
interest irundhaa, discussion nadakkum.
discussion nadandhaa, thread thodarum. :P

VinodKumar's
14th June 2010, 07:56 PM
Vinod,
Dasav - Muguntha paattu Himesh potta maadhiri theriyala... kamale pottirukkalam... :P

Kamala nala yethu sonnalum thalaiatiruvomnu nenachingana :wave:

raajarasigan
14th June 2010, 08:12 PM
Vinod,
Dasav - Muguntha paattu Himesh potta maadhiri theriyala... kamale pottirukkalam... :P

Kamala nala yethu sonnalum thalaiatiruvomnu nenachingana :wave:I think you are mistaken.. what I said was, it looks like kamal himself composed the Muguntha Muguntha song ... NOT Kamal WOULD HAVE COMPOSED for dasa..

VinodKumar's
17th June 2010, 02:27 AM
SAmba bamba rumba thumba song from SIngam :happydance:

Idupu konda oosi siripu window AC thaan :boo:

Unakku munnala nilavae dull ah irruku.

Energetic song :thumbsup:

interz
22nd November 2010, 11:52 PM
My opinion about Manmadhan Ambu songs.

I like: Oyyala, Manmadhan Ambu title song, Neela Vaanam,

Oyyala is like 2nd version of Randakka Randakka
Manmadhan Ambu title song is DSP show all the way, its this kind of songs he does with his eyes closed.
Neela Vaanam, an unexpected melody that sounds good, well sung by Kamal sir.

Good job by DSP

R.Latha
29th November 2010, 01:49 PM
[tscii:b0681d6dca]Devi Prasad received a call from a mother

Posted in Kamal Haasan, Manmadhan Ambu, gossips on November 28, 2010 4:00 AM / 0 Comments
Devi Prasad

Devi Prasad

Devi Sri Prasad’s happiness knows no bounds after the well received audio launch for Kamal’s Manmadhan Ambu got over,

The composer who now has 6 movies lined up for 2011. And Devi is eagerly awaiting for Manmadhan ambu movie release this December. He had some great moments throughout the journey and has added one more to his kitty.

Read on as he talks about it,

“I’ve been getting many calls from people saying that their kids love my songs in these films and start dancing whenever they are played on TV. I recently received a call from a mother saying that her child eats only when she plays my songs. It was a moment to cherish for me as I realized that my music has managed to appeal to this little one, who might not even know that these songs have been composed by me. I feel more humbled by these responses than when I receive awards,”

The kids seem to enjoy DS Prasad’s dancing lullabies. A sweet surprise indeed.

The little ones are having a ball.

http://www.kollytalk.com/gossips/2010/11/devi-prasad-received-a-call-from-a-mother/[/tscii:b0681d6dca]

R.Latha
29th November 2010, 01:51 PM
[tscii:14672b30ce]Devi Sri Prasad the Romeo

Posted in Kamal Haasan, Madhavan, Manmadhan Ambu, Trisha, gossips on November 22, 2010 12:02 AM / 11 Comments
Devi Sri Prasad the romeo in the making

Devi Sri Prasad the romeo in the making

Music composer Devi Sri Prasad is in cloud nine after the music launch of his latest flick Manmadhan Ambu which stars Kamal ,Trisha and Madhavan.After the audio release witnessed by a massive attendance of 8000 fans in Singapore our composer was in a real high.

While many had their eyes fixed on the launch event it happened so that the Man of the Moment was spotted with the very glamorous Lady of the Moment Trisha, accompanying the diva with close attention.

So much so that he even tried the gentleman act of trying to help Trisha with her snacks. Have we got Devi Sri Prasad the Romeo in the making or has the movie gripped our composer too early …

Spotlights on please….

http://www.kollytalk.com/madhavan/2010/11/devi-sri-prasad-the-romeo/[/tscii:14672b30ce]

R.Latha
4th November 2011, 12:27 PM
Devi Sri Prasad keen to bring playback singers out of actors

Devi Sri Prasad makes actors sing

Music director Devi Sri Prasad is a very busy man these days. Referred to as DSP in filmy circles, the affable music director has a handful of projects on hand including directors Hari and Suraaj’s next films which have Suriya and Karthik (respectively in that order) in the lead
DSP appears to be very keen to bring out the hidden singing prowess in the actors and actresses that he is working with. In the past few years, he has made many heroes and heroines turn playback singers in films where he has composed the music. Though he’s not doing it with intent, he says that he’s only bringing out the ‘other side’ of these busy performers.

Speaking about his style of turning actors and actresses into playback singers, DSP says “The long list of actors and actresses who have sung in my music includes the likes of Vikram, Siddharth, Junior NTR, Mamta Mohandass, ‘Subramaniapuram’ Swathi and Shraddha Das.

“Whenever I get to interact jovially with these stars, I would sense that they do possess a decent singing voice. I’d then encourage them by casually saying that they can do the same singing in front of the mike and for films as well. I started it very casually and didn’t want to set a trend. Now, many leading stars are coming to me expressing their wish to sing in my music,” says DSP.

R.Latha
2nd December 2011, 07:51 PM
DSP's upcoming albums

Karthi's untitled film with Suraj and Suriya's next with Hari, which is a sequel to Singam in Tamil, he has Pawan Kalyan's Gabbar Singh (the Telugu remake of Dabanngg) and films starring Allu Arjun, Ram Charan Tej and Prabhas in Tollywood.