PDA

View Full Version : Discussions on R.Madhavan Pt 4

Pages : [1] 2 3

groucho070
15th June 2010, 11:20 AM
[html:891a38c6ec]
http://www.nowrunning.com/content/artist/madhavan/wallpapers/Madhavan_3_1024x768.jpg
[/html:891a38c6ec]

[tscii:891a38c6ec][/tscii:891a38c6ec]R. Madhavan is hardly a method actor. He doesn’t live as someone else life to experience it at the moment (in front of the camera), but live for that moment and live it well. He is that sort of actor.

He hardly changes his getup, rarely puts on facial hair, does not put on freak act of playing disabled for mercy, nor has he ever played a hunchback. The character he plays are usually mild mannered blokes who are driven to get out of their comfort zone, and face the

harsh reality and respond to it instinctively, at times, in a rather animal like fashion. We see him as an self-confident seemingly educated man broken down to pieces facing violence and learning what love means means in Anbe Sivam. A well meaning graduate looking for job had to wake up one day to find his entire family wiped out in act of violence, and has to take on a practical method of both avenging and teaching the enemy the evil of violence itself in Thambi.

Even when he is playing a romantic lead, you see him resorting to desparate measures that you had hardly expected from him in the first half an hour of runtime, like in Run for instance. And he made it believable. The moment he pulled the shutter down and faces the bad guys, with that crazy look in his eyes, you know, win or lose, he is not going to go to bed without some serious ass-whupping.

Madhavan is not a hypermart. He is a mom and pop store that has what a general consumer wants and not every product and label from the entire world. He has what is enough as an actor and knows enough what he has not to pull off ridiculous stunts that will have audiences in stitches for wrong reason.

And so, let us fans begin this new thread knowing well that there are more to come from this 40 year old young actor and hopefully with lot more surprises in his sleeve. You go dude!

Rakesh Kumar @ groucho070
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
15th June, 2010.

Sarna
15th June 2010, 11:20 AM
-reserved-

groucho070
15th June 2010, 11:22 AM
We can add poll later guys. Keep the discussion going :D

NOV, my advanced thanks for locking the other thread and help with the fonts up in my small article.

Appu s
15th June 2010, 11:29 AM
:clap: :clap: Add more details in the first page.. some smarty pics :yes:

raghavendran
15th June 2010, 02:18 PM
gud intro

leosimha
15th June 2010, 02:20 PM
:shock: this link http://www.chennai365.com/wp-content/uploads/actors/Madhavan/maddy.jpg above doesn't display maddy's pic but displays actress pics (5 thumbnails)

:lol:

Prabo
15th June 2010, 02:22 PM
Thread romba kavarchiya irukku :oops:

raghavendran
15th June 2010, 02:26 PM
madhavane thrdunna..inge spl offer veraya :)

groucho070
15th June 2010, 02:30 PM
:lol: Thread's added attraction.

Plum
15th June 2010, 02:32 PM
I could recognise Nayanthara, Priya Mani and Asin, Who are the otehr two?

Is it grouch's way of indicating which actresses he wants Madhavan to be paired up in the future? ;-)

While on that, Mamta Mohandas has done a movie with Madhavan, too. Let me throw her hat in the ring as well.

groucho070
15th June 2010, 02:37 PM
Is it grouch's way of indicating which actresses he wants Madhavan to be paired up in the future? ;-) :D You know I can't upload pix here. And was more interested in which actor he is going to be paired with, remember?

kid-glove
15th June 2010, 02:40 PM
The one in the middle :lol:

Sarna
15th June 2010, 02:47 PM
I could recognise Nayanthara, Priya Mani and Asin, Who are the otehr two?

kiran and bubaneshvari :?

ajaybaskar
15th June 2010, 02:50 PM
Plum,

they are Kiran (Anbae Sivam/Villain fame) and Bhuvaneshwari (Ivangala enna famenu mention panradhu??? :confused2: )

Kambar_Kannagi
15th June 2010, 02:53 PM
Baays Fame :lol2:

Plum
15th June 2010, 03:52 PM
sarNA, kambar_kannagi:
theLivAna karuthu. sariyAna sindhanai. thIrndhadhu sandhEgam.
NOV-keerar kitta 1000 porkAsugal vaangikkunga!

HonestRaj
15th June 2010, 07:30 PM
Grouch :thumbsup:

Plum.. oru sisyaikku munnadi oru gurusamiya kEvalapaduthureenga.. :evil:

HonestRaj
16th June 2010, 07:24 AM
We can add poll later guys. Keep the discussion going :D

Grouch, without a poll don't expect the pages to move. One or two pages will go for new thread wishes. Nothing more.

so add a Poll... let everyone give their choices

groucho070
16th June 2010, 07:52 AM
Got it, HR. Here we go again. I've taken out Sangeetha. I don't think anyone would complain. I am thinking of taking out Neetu Chandra too, seeing that she was actually part of the Hindi cast:

Anuskha - Rendu

Bhavana - Arya/Vazhtukkal -

Jyothika - Dum Dum Dum/ Priyamanavale

Meera Jasmine - Run

Nettu Chandra - Yavarum Nalam.

Pooja - JJ & Thambi

Reema Sen - Minnale

Sada - Priyasakhi/ Edhiri.

Shalini! - Alai Payuthe

Simran - Kannattil Muttamittal/Partale Paravasam

Sneha - Ennavale

Trisha - Lesa Lesa

NOV
16th June 2010, 08:03 AM
Rakesh, suggest to remove Jothika and Shalini as they are no longer acting.
I guess you would want to see the prefered pair again.

Furthermore, you can only have 10 options. :P

raghavendran
16th June 2010, 08:04 AM
y?..neetu was part of a hit film of maddy after a long time..she had gud space in that film..en thukiteenge? :roll:

littlemaster1982
16th June 2010, 08:16 AM
Rakesh, suggest to remove Jothika and Shalini as they are no longer acting.
I guess you would want to see the prefered pair again.

Sada-vukkellam chance vandhu kuviyudha enna :evil: Shalini and Jyothika were much better in the repsective films than Sadha.

NOV
16th June 2010, 08:18 AM
I liked Sada in Priyasakhi :thumbsup: - she played the arrogant wife well.

groucho070
16th June 2010, 08:19 AM
I agree with LM. And who said Jyo has retired. She might come back as sister, mommy, mother-in-law, Scary Korean Ghost ...cinemavula ithellam sagajamappa....

NOV
16th June 2010, 08:21 AM
ok, how are you going to restrict to 10?

Kambar_Kannagi
16th June 2010, 08:22 AM
I agree with LM. And who said Jyo has retired. She might come back as sister, mommy, mother-in-law, Scary Korean Ghost ...cinemavula ithellam sagajamappa....

P.S I too suggest taking off Shalini from the list. I have my own reason.

groucho070
16th June 2010, 08:24 AM
Very Simple, everyone give their top ten, and see who get's left out the most, and then put it up. Nomination time-thane....

groucho070
16th June 2010, 08:25 AM
My ten:

Bhavana - Arya/Vazhtukkal -

Jyothika - Dum Dum Dum/ Priyamanavale

Meera Jasmine - Run

Pooja - JJ & Thambi

Reema Sen - Minnale

Sada - Priyasakhi/ Edhiri.

Shalini! - Alai Payuthe

Simran - Kannattil Muttamittal/Partale Paravasam

Sneha - Ennavale

Trisha - Lesa Lesa

Kambar_Kannagi
16th June 2010, 08:27 AM
Very Simple, everyone give their top ten, and see who get's left out the most, and then put it up. Nomination time-thane....

Pages move panna eppadi ellAm strategy theeturIngga... :)

Simran in ur list :frightened:

groucho070
16th June 2010, 08:28 AM
Simran in ur list :frightened:I know, I know, I need her for marketing reason. :P

Bala (Karthik)
16th June 2010, 08:33 AM
Best biology is with Vidhya Balan but adhu indhi, so Pooja it is

Sarna
16th June 2010, 08:44 AM
Best biology is with Vidhya Balan but adhu indhi, so Pooja it is

brrrr :lol:

best pair for maddy...still cant come out of Paarthaale paravasam scenes between maddy and simran .... fantastic pair.... next comes shalini in Alaipaayudhey... third pooja in JJ

My list

1. Maddy-Simran
2. Maddy-Simran
3. Maddy-Simran
4. Maddy-Simran
5. Maddy-Simran
6. Maddy-Simran
7. Maddy-Simran
8. Maddy-Simran
9. Maddy-Simran
10. Maddy-pooja

groucho, please count simran 9 times 8-)

groucho070
16th June 2010, 08:51 AM
My list

1. Maddy-Simran
2. Maddy-Simran
3. Maddy-Simran
4. Maddy-Simran
5. Maddy-Simran
6. Maddy-Simran
7. Maddy-Simran
8. Maddy-Simran
9. Maddy-Simran
10. Maddy-pooja

groucho, please count simran 9 times 8-)Thread-a Otturathukku ithellam tanggavendiyathapochu :banghead:

Plum
16th June 2010, 09:09 AM
Oh apdi varrAngaLA simran mafia?
My list then
Pooja
Pooja
Pooja
Pooja
Pooja
Pooja
Pooja
Pooja
Pooja
Pooja

Grouch, count 10 times :poke:

groucho070
16th June 2010, 09:13 AM
Okay, Plum, this will be another occasion where we are allies :D

Plum
16th June 2010, 11:54 AM
[tscii:7c69fe4e4d]grouch, that doesnt sound good, you and me being on the same camp - Pooja is doomed now :(

sari, anyway, my top 10 list(actual, not the "anti-simran-mafia" list I made above)

Podium Finish
1. Pooja (JJ, thambi)
2. Jasmine(run, Aydha ezhuththu)
3. Sneha(ennavaLE, pArthAlE paravasam)

vengala kiNNam
4. Bhavna (AryA, vAzhthukkaL) - strictly vengala kiNNam only based on previous performances not specifically the Madhavan movies
5. Keethu mOgandAs – Left-field choice. The oddness of the pair reflected in the story as well – handsome, lady-killer, (per story) conservative and touch-me-not Maddy and plain, dark, unattractive Geethu but it worked well.
6. Simran – I share Grouch’s reservations over her but among available choices one can’t deny her vengala kiNNam – pArthAlE paravasam and kannathil muthamittAl
7. Shalini – once nominated, poll favourite given her fans in Hub, I’ll have to get SP and Feeyaar back to defeat her; nevertheless, looked good with Maddy in alai pAyuthae and for that reason, her normal supporters(she isn’t supposed to look good with, er, Maddy!) may not actually vote so I withdraw that poll favourite status from her  - alai pAyuthE

vengala kiNNam kooda kedayAdhu only participation certificate
8. Sada – not a fan, me, of Sada but what the heck, Maddy seemed to be happy with her in edhiri and especially, piriyasagi.
9. Anushka – same reason as above
10. Not much choice left, so Mother(i.e. Kamala Kamesh) Tirisa.
[/tscii:7c69fe4e4d]

kid-glove
16th June 2010, 12:13 PM
After Thalaivar, I think Maddy is the best Romantic hero. So it's no surprise that most of the heroines, incl. the few whose persona don't suggest intimacy, seen invariably better with him around!

groucho070
16th June 2010, 12:14 PM
No, Jyo plum? NOV wanted her name out for some reason (retired-am, yeah right), so shall we remove. Any potential Jyothika supporters out there?

Plum
16th June 2010, 12:18 PM
grouch, Jyo? :hammer:

The question Madhavan asked to her in priyamAna thozhi is something I really believe in: peNNE neeyum peNNA?

Grace-nA...KB Cut..
Jyothika in veg market: kilo enna vilai?

groucho070
16th June 2010, 12:21 PM
the few whose persona don't suggest intimacy,
grouch, Jyo? :hammer: :D I am beginning to see top ten now.

Sarna
16th June 2010, 12:26 PM
grouch, Jyo? :hammer:

The question Madhavan asked to her in priyamAna thozhi is something I really believe in: peNNE neeyum peNNA?

poet at Jyothika :D

pennE neeyum pennaa ?
pennaagiya Oviyam
rendE rendu rendu kannaa ?
ovvonrum kaaviyam
oru moonraampirayai chutri
thanga jarigaiyil seidha netri
pani pookkal thErdhal vaiththaal
adi unakkE endrum vetri
bramman seidha saadhanai unnil therigiradhey
unnai ezhudhumbOdhu dhaan mozhigal inikkiradhE :redjump: :bluejump:

roshan engirundhaalum varavum

groucho070
16th June 2010, 12:29 PM
Athu ezhuthumbothu Aish-O, illa Ambiga-vo (depending on the lyricists preference) solli iruppangga.

Bala (Karthik)
16th June 2010, 12:58 PM
Pooja is the only present day heroine with grace, class and can act a bit. Aniyayama field-out panniruchu indha society :x

groucho070
16th June 2010, 12:59 PM
Pooja is the only present day heroine with grace, class and can act a bit. Aniyayama field-out panniruchu indha society :x100% What happened to her? :(

littlemaster1982
16th June 2010, 01:13 PM
She is getting married soon, I heard.

raghavendran
16th June 2010, 05:37 PM
i heard that she is getting lot of offers but al roles similar to her role in naan kadavul...pavam..namme alunge yeppovume typecats pannuvange :? ...
btw my vote for maddy-simran,maddy-shalini

groucho070
17th June 2010, 06:52 AM
Okay, guys. Shall we agree to this list before putting up the poll? Taking out Trisha since Madhavan's role is not that big in Lesa Lesa.

Bhavana - Arya/Vazhtukkal

Jyothika - Dum Dum Dum

Meera Jasmine - Run

Neetu Chandra - Yavarum Nalam

Pooja - Thambi

Reema Sen - Minnale

Sada - Priyasakhi

Shalini! - Alai Payuthe

Simran - Partale Paravasam

Sneha - Ennavale

raghavendran
17th June 2010, 08:23 AM
sneha :roll: ...role length e vide andhe pairukku vandhe reception parunge..maddy-trisha mudhal mudhalai song semme hit..ennevale :x

Sudarsh
17th June 2010, 08:26 AM
Saw Guru En Aalu on suntv sorry to say that but it was an horrible film :( maddy acted really silly in it :(

HonestRaj
17th June 2010, 08:27 AM
Pooja is the only present day heroine with grace, class and can act a bit. Aniyayama field-out panniruchu indha society :x

:exactly:

couple of weeks back, saw her is "vaanga pEsalaam" - a programme in Vijay TV :slurp:

HonestRaj
17th June 2010, 08:33 AM
Grouch.. endha list venumnaalum pOdunga... aana namma Poo's than jeikkanum...

hey.. ingE Poo's.. idho.. ingE Poo's.. the left.. the right.. the front.. the back.. eppadi parthalum Poo's than...

Poo's i jeikka vechudunga... grouch.. ungalukku ministryla edam parkkuren.. atleast oru Rajyasabha MP seat vaangi tharren :P

HonestRaj
17th June 2010, 08:40 AM
other possible contenders:

Bhavana

Meera Jasmine < strictly from Run >

No Neetu Chandra.....

difference between NI & SI figures... as usilaimani from Uthamapurusan says... "ivala kattikka.. avala vechukka" type :lol2:

Simran'i ellam avvalava rasichadhillai

groucho070
17th June 2010, 09:09 AM
grouch.. ungalukku ministryla edam parkkuren.. atleast oru Rajyasabha MP seat vaangi tharren :PSR in Amaithi Padai: Haiyoo manthiri pathavi ellam venamungg (puts phone down) ____ ivan pathaviyee innaikko nalaikko-nu irukku, enna sibarisu pannranam :lol:

Damn, forgot the actual dialogue.

Thirumaran
17th June 2010, 10:05 AM
Saw Guru En Aalu on suntv sorry to say that but it was an horrible film :( maddy acted really silly in it :(

very silly .. antha padaththa paarthathukku appuram thaan intha thread oada intro post padichaen :noteeth:

ellaathayum vida koduma vivek oada comedy.. :banghead: :cry3:

Dinesh84
17th June 2010, 10:08 AM

very silly .. antha padaththa paarthathukku appuram thaan intha thread oada intro post padichaen :noteeth:

ellaathayum vida koduma vivek oada comedy.. :banghead: :cry3: enna ippadi solliteenga gopaaaal.. :sarojadevi_voice: :yessir:

Thirumaran
17th June 2010, 10:21 AM
ellaathayum vida koduma vivek oada comedy.. :banghead: :cry3: enna ippadi solliteenga gopaaaal.. :sarojadevi_voice: :yessir:

MS Bhaskar vaera Shivaji maathiri panni irupaaru :sigh2:

Kambar_Kannagi
17th June 2010, 11:14 AM
Simran'i ellam avvalava rasichadhillai

AnnE, neengga innum pakkuvap padalEnnu nenaikuREn. :yessir:

Sarna
17th June 2010, 11:58 AM
Guru en aalu - sorry to say but Madhavan's acting was really pathetic :|
songs, dance, comedy everything was pathetic :| :| :|
only aarudhal was climax fight where we can see RUN madhavan.

Everyone(including abbas) did there acting reasonably good except madhavan :shock: :omg: I felt like Madhavan ghost directed this movie :| :|

groucho070
17th June 2010, 12:01 PM
Madhavan did what he could within that scope, with pathetic script, ridiculous choice of still existing Abbas as his boss and even more pathetic comedy track on the side!!! It's a stinkeroo of a movie, and too bad Madhavan got the splash of the mud too.

Plum
17th June 2010, 12:20 PM

MS Bhaskar vaera Shivaji maathiri panni irupaaru :sigh2:

absolute nonsense :hammer:

Not that I will act all pious and demand that NT cannot be spoofed but this was downright silly, idiotic, tasteless and completely lacking in entertainment.

Sarna
17th June 2010, 12:25 PM
Not that I will act all pious and demand that NT cannot be spoofed but this was downright silly, idiotic, tasteless and completely lacking in entertainment.

but to be frank, pattaabi replicated SG of pudhiya paravai... u can see SG's walk, style, look everything in pattabi.

Note:- Pattabi is MS Bhasker, SG is Sivaji ganeshan 8-)

Plum
17th June 2010, 12:26 PM
Oh MS Bhaskar is talented alright. But the lines given, the scenarios given everything was tasteless and Bhaskar is not talented enough to rise above all that.

Dinesh84
17th June 2010, 12:35 PM
Vivek kooda 'merge' agitathaala avarukkum fancy dress competion vyaathi thothikichi.. Barath pilim la kooda etho balram naidu getup la varuvaar.. :x

Sarna
17th June 2010, 12:39 PM
Oh MS Bhaskar is talented alright. But the lines given, the scenarios given everything was tasteless and Bhaskar is not talented enough to rise above all that.

largely goundamani act(in the name of comedy) is tasteless. but few people do enjoy.
whats the problem if Vivek and MS do certain things(tasteless for likes of u) in the name of comedy ???????

Sarna
17th June 2010, 12:44 PM
Vivek kooda 'merge' agitathaala avarukkum fancy dress competion vyaathi thothikichi.. Barath pilim la kooda etho balram naidu getup la varuvaar.. :x

balramnaidu getup'la var'radhu vivek 8-)

Plum
17th June 2010, 12:46 PM

largely goundamani act(in the name of comedy) is tasteless. but few people do enjoy.
whats the problem if Vivek and MS do certain things(tasteless for likes of u) in the name of comedy ???????

Hmm.. adhu oru karuthu. However, if you cannot differentiate between irreverent social satire and tasteless, entertainment less parody of a spoof, good for you :-)

As you can notice, what I have carefully said is that Bhaskar doesnt rise above the tastelessness of it and carry it through. I am fine with the idea, but execution was horrid. It requires sharper lines, and better acting to actually make even tasteless comedy funny and watchable.

For instance, Vivek does NT act frequently, and very often, insultingly, but sometimes it does click - like the Parasakthi Court scene, and even RaasakkapALayam ("enadhu kaNgaL..." was hilarious in NT accent, and his reaction to Ranjit praising him in his letter to his mother was superb) was not bad. But this Pudhiya Paravai act just wasnt funny at all.

Sarna
17th June 2010, 12:55 PM
But this Pudhiya Paravai act just wasnt funny at all.
modhallayE idha solli irukkalaam :)

but first u came up with unwarranted things like absolute nonsense, downright silly, idiotic, tasteless etc

if you cannot differentiate between irreverent social satire and tasteless, entertainment less parody of a spoof, good for you

i know to differentiate and i do enjoy few goundamani comedies... but I never enjoy so called gounderisms like "sangoodhura vayasula sangeetha" can be defined in ur words like absolute nonsense, downright silly, idiotic, tasteless etc

Plum
17th June 2010, 01:00 PM
sarNA, I'd prefer if you say out aloud that Gounder act is tasteless and allow me to say the same of Pudhiya Paravai parody :-)

idhu oru karuthu, adhu oru karuthu avLO dhAn!

Thirumaran
17th June 2010, 01:08 PM
naan ennamo ninaichaa inga ennamo nadakuthae :lol2:

I agree with Plum on the spoofing. I would really enjoy making fun of who ever may be.. Fun ngra paerla panra ellaame fun aa irukirathila..rather irritating..

example is this vivek and MSB spoofing on Shivaji and Saroja :sigh2:

Singam padathula koodaa, appaa nallavaraa kettavaraannu ithukku munnaala 1000 times spoof pannappatta Nayagan dialogue.. But antha place within a family daughter, mom and dad related aa family kulla chinna chinna jokes ngra muraila enjoy panra maathiri irukkum..

Sarna
17th June 2010, 02:36 PM
sarNA, I'd prefer if you say out aloud that Gounder act is tasteless and allow me to say the same of Pudhiya Paravai parody :-)

Plum, if u say that likes of "sangoodhu vayasa sangeedha" is gounderism and name it as irreverent social satire, then I'd say out aloud that gounderism(or gounder act or whatever u call) is absolute nonsense, downright silly, idiotic, tasteless etc

Plum
17th June 2010, 04:01 PM
sarNA, unga thOttam, nInga epdi vENumnAlum thoor vaarikkunga. idhukellAm permission kudukkaNumA? :-) ;-)

On Sangoodhara Vayadhil:

It has become fashionable to name sanskritized names in TN, as against traditional names. While you would expect that in some communities traditionally allied with Sanskrit, you see that happening across community lines these days. Without implying that those names are the stranglehold of certain communities, it is a sense of loss for the traditional names in tamil that would otherwise have been used. Bala Karthik wrote a blog on this, which dangerously ran close to getting divided along communal lines but common sense eventually prevailed. The point is that the motivation for such nomenclature is the fashionable sound that these sanskritized names make. It is a double whammy with foresaking of your tradition for the sake of being seen as fashionable. Gounder's contempt for such wannabes, like Bala Karthik's blog, might be dangerously close to being misconstrued as casteist and communalist, however our man smartly turned it to an ageist comment, which is comparitively a lesser political and social offence in our society. The message is clear, however. Wannabes deserve contempt. This is social satire wrapped in irreverence. What excuse do you have for Vivek's Pudhiya Paravai Spoof?
(Note that you or I can write an equally eloquent cover-up for your PP spoof, too, but that would be your/my creativity than intended by Vivek and co. - ofcourse, it is easy to question how do we know? Well, that is why that famed philosopher said you must experience things, not analyse.)

Nerd
17th June 2010, 08:41 PM
Is that the film in which there is a long monologue in front of a mirror? He was damn good in that scene.

HonestRaj
17th June 2010, 09:00 PM

Plum, if u say that likes of "sangoodhu vayasa sangeedha" is gounderism and name it as irreverent social satire, then I'd say out aloud that gounderism(or gounder act or whatever u call) is absolute nonsense, downright silly, idiotic, tasteless etc

"aloud" is also a style of Gounder :lol:

u have ur own opinion.. yaaru enna solraa.. we come in only when u guys say in the lines "Vivek is the only decent comedian in TN"

Reg: Vivek & NT.... oru sample.. idhellam vasandha maaligayilaye parthachu
he wud quote something in SINGAM too...

Sarna... Singam parthacha.. ?

viraajan
17th June 2010, 09:28 PM
Plum,

they are Kiran (Anbae Sivam/Villain fame) and Bhuvaneshwari (Ivangala enna famenu mention panradhu??? :confused2: )

:rotfl:

groucho070
18th June 2010, 06:40 AM
Is that the film in which there is a long monologue in front of a mirror? He was damn good in that scene.Yup. I think that day the director was on medical leave.

Ooruga sari illana, whole meals-a reject pannuvangga sila per, What to do.

Sarna
18th June 2010, 11:47 AM
Is that the film in which there is a long monologue in front of a mirror? He was damn good in that scene.

yeah and forgot to mention this scene. Really Madhavan's acting was excellent in that scene :bow: :bow:

other than this scene and climax, madhavan is really bad in this movie :(

remembering ninaiththaale inikkum, scenes and writing were not so good... but thalaivar's presence made them great... yeah... charisma means a lot

Plum
18th June 2010, 11:50 AM
Is that the film in which there is a long monologue in front of a mirror? He was damn good in that scene.Yup. I think that day the director was on medical leave.

Ooruga sari illana, whole meals-a reject pannuvangga sila per, What to do.

Oh it was Maddy who did the monologue? From Nerd's post, I thought he was defending Vivek and it was Vivek had a good long monologue and I just couldnt believe it. adhAnE pArthEn

kid-glove
18th June 2010, 11:52 AM
I prefer that Madhavan's persona doesn't exert a singular charisma that would establish a star status, but treats it as separate character to be a 'pure actor'. That's why I feel he's more of a N'Shah or Puri or Irrfan than a mainstream star-actor. Sooner my fellow Maddy fans realize this the better !

groucho070
18th June 2010, 12:04 PM
I prefer that Madhavan's persona doesn't exert a singular charisma that would establish a star status, but treats it as separate character to be a 'pure actor'. That's why I feel he's more of a N'Shah or Puri or Irrfan than a mainstream star-actor. Sooner my fellow Maddy fans realize this the better !Aye, aye. What he did in that film was pure acting as per the script, as per the direction. Why is there a need for charisma. Sarna's Rajini comparison was off-mark, what Rajini did there was also pure performance. Don't reduce Rajini to just a charismatic actor, at that time he was a genuine talent. One of the best in the industry. True NT sisyan.

kid-glove
18th June 2010, 12:09 PM
Yes, I think Rajini is a good actor (not as highly as some hubbers do or as low as Equa does) But he certainly established trademark gestures in KB's films and even AA, 16 V, etc. Not that I'm not saying he is less capable as pure actor (MM, Engeyo ketta kural, etc) but that was a conscious choice that really worked in forging a successful route for him as a star (thus diminishing the actor in him)

And Madhavan isn't taking that route, one is ever-so-glad because it doesn't suit him or perhaps he isn't capable of such!

Sarna
18th June 2010, 01:28 PM
Aye, aye. What he did in that film was pure acting as per the script, as per the direction. Why is there a need for charisma.

See replacing Rajini in thambikku endha ooru with anyother actor of that time and u will understand the need of charisma.

Thunithuvakkura scene :- Rajini style'ly sits on chair and puts his leg over thuni-thuvakkura stone and washes(flipping the cloth may be a better word) the cloth. Charisma'vukku best example.

Sarna's Rajini comparison was off-mark, what Rajini did there was also pure performance. Don't reduce Rajini to just a charismatic actor, at that time he was a genuine talent. One of the best in the industry. True NT sisyan.

i vehemently disagree. For example, after the song where a girl comes to Kamal to get autograph. Rajini comes in between and stands style'ly and gives a stylish look at girl... chance'E illa :rotfl: those scenes cannot be written, cannot be acted... adhellaa, thaanaa varanum ... only rajini fossifle :bow: :bow:

like that there are few more scenes in ninaiththaale inikkum

groucho070
18th June 2010, 01:41 PM
Charisma-vukkum Talent-ukkum definition kodukkanumpola irukku. SR in Englishkaran: Ungalukku velakkam solliyee oonjupoyiduvenpola irukku....

Would love to know what is your definition of charisma and talent, Sarna.

*good, good, thread innum vegama odattum.....mwahahahaha

kid-glove
18th June 2010, 01:43 PM
Most of this style seemed somewhat organic to the character, is what Grouch is talking about. He played the womanizer roles with certain gestures and forced charisma that fit the type. Obviously the style/gestures were derived from NT, and NT fans (seasoned fans like Groucho and a late bloomer like myself) will obviously treat that with affinity (And the fact NT also inspired Kamal speaks volumes ! ). But Rajini did go radically towards scene-chewing style/gestures and slowly established his star power. There was no self-effacement in his later roles, but in the earlier roles like NI, it felt in place..

groucho070
18th June 2010, 01:52 PM
Well put, Thilak. But am not sure what you meant by "forced charisma". How do you exude charisma? It is not something you can produce, a rabbit-outta-hat thing. It comes with talent. A politician with great orating skills have charisma, as would all those swamiji's. And its subjective. Vijay-vukku charisma irukkunu sollurangga, I don't see it. Likewise, many might disagree if I say Eastwood has charisma even at this age. What the cow is charisma? Who is charisma? And why did Randhir gave one of his daughter that name. Shouldn't that be forced charisma? Enakku oniyum puriyala...thank god it's friday...innikki Scottish beverage-then. :P

kid-glove
18th June 2010, 01:55 PM
Well put, Thilak. But am not sure what you meant by "forced charisma". How do you exude charisma? It is not something you can produce, a rabbit-outta-hat thing. It comes with talent. A politician with great orating skills have charisma, as would all those swamiji's. And its subjective. Vijay-vukku charisma irukkunu sollurangga, I don't see it. Likewise, many might disagree if I say Eastwood has charisma even at this age. What the cow is charisma? Who is charisma? And why did Randhir gave one of his daughter that name. Shouldn't that be forced charisma? Enakku oniyum puriyala...thank god it's friday...innikki Scottish beverage-then. :P

Sorry, I didn't mean to undermine Rajini by 'forced'. I'm just saying it's imbuing charisma by choice. I think Rajini exudes no charisma in certain roles, there's a self-effacing quality about his work in 6 to 60, EKK, etc..

kid-glove
18th June 2010, 01:58 PM
I actually don't see Vijay's charisma at all. I see some blatant lifting from Rajini, esp. in his pose of slowly-emerging smile at reduced frame-rate.

groucho070
18th June 2010, 02:02 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to undermine Rajini by 'forced'. I'm just saying it's imbuing charisma by choice. I think Rajini exudes no charisma in certain roles, there's a self-effacing quality about his work in 6 to 60, EKK, etc..Okay, got it. Agree with you on on self-effacing quality he displayed on those films. So, charisma falls under talent/skill category? Cool.

kid-glove
18th June 2010, 02:12 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to undermine Rajini by 'forced'. I'm just saying it's imbuing charisma by choice. I think Rajini exudes no charisma in certain roles, there's a self-effacing quality about his work in 6 to 60, EKK, etc..Okay, got it. Agree with you on on self-effacing quality he displayed on those films. So, charisma falls under talent/skill category? Cool.

Well, if he got it, he got it. I think stars do have redeeming features that would fit to 'charisma' suggesting features that appeals to his/her fans. An actor, otoh, doesn't necessarily have to.

Strangely I find it hard to reduce MGR's charisma to words but I still feel his "presence" (and I react positively to his 'style' - again not reducible to language how his gestures * works *), I'm sure this is the case of most Vadhiyar fans. So I'm equally sympathetic to fans of some of the contemporary heroes.

groucho070
18th June 2010, 02:23 PM
I can relate to your response to MGR. That "charisma" is beyond his talent. Intha X-factor, je ne sais quoi-nu solluvanggale?

kid-glove
18th June 2010, 02:25 PM
Exactement !

Sarna
18th June 2010, 02:46 PM

Rajini's acting in Mullum malarum is more of charismatic acting. Alexpandian's(Moondru mugam), motta-boss's, vettayan's acting is purely charismatic acting.

Rajini's acting in Thalapathy is more of talented acting.

In Dheivamagan, the younger sivaji(running hotel)'s acting is more of charismatic acting and the elder sivaji(marks in face)'s acting is more of talented acting.

and I would love to know what is your definition of charisma and talent, groucho ?

Note: charismatic acting means charisma+acting.... talented acting means talent+acting. Only acting means, i can point Vijayan of Udhiripookkal where neither charisma nor talent exists.

groucho070
18th June 2010, 03:09 PM
You got to reread my exchanges with Kid_Glove. It's there. I file charisma under talent/skill in most cases, with exception of those like MGR.

Sarna
18th June 2010, 04:28 PM
You got to reread my exchanges with Kid_Glove. It's there. I file charisma under talent/skill in most cases,

ok :)

with exception of those like MGR.

MGR for me is a pure 100% agmark CHARISMATIC ACTOR 8-)

azhagendra sollukku muruga 8-) charisma endra sollukku MGR 8-)

Nerd
18th June 2010, 07:44 PM
Grouch/Sarna/Plum,

Thats about the only scene of Maddy I have seen in that film. (random Sun TV clip I think). I did not even know which film was that from. He was showing a myriad of expressions in that scene and I was so amazed that I could not even follow the dialogues. Took me by shock in fact. I was not expecting such an effort for an ordinary film (rendu or something) I thought the critics would dismiss it as overacting :oops:

Plum
18th June 2010, 07:46 PM
I prefer that Madhavan's persona doesn't exert a singular charisma that would establish a star status, but treats it as separate character to be a 'pure actor'. That's why I feel he's more of a N'Shah or Puri or Irrfan than a mainstream star-actor. Sooner my fellow Maddy fansrealize this the better !
While I understand the spirit of the comment, I must say that Maddy is not remotely in the same class as the other 3 in the chosen mode of comparison.

HonestRaj
18th June 2010, 07:47 PM
SR in Englishkaran: Ungalukku velakkam solliyee oonjupoyiduvenpola irukku....

Grouch.. often u r quoting SR.. :lol:

looks like he does one good film (supposed to be) with Karan ... "irandu mugam" < nEram kedacha andha thread'ai thoosi thatti vekkirEn>

Plum
18th June 2010, 07:48 PM
And why did Randhir gave one of his daughter that name. Shouldn't that be forced charisma

:rotfl: - missed this hidden gem from grouch!

Plum
18th June 2010, 07:48 PM
I actually don't see Vijay's charisma at all. I see some blatant lifting from Rajini, esp. in his pose of slowly-emerging smile at reduced frame-rate.

Amen to that, kid!

HonestRaj
18th June 2010, 07:49 PM
Grouch/Sarna/Plum,

Thats about the only scene of Maddy I have seen in that film. (random Sun TV clip I think). I did not even know which film was that from. He was showing a myriad of expressions in that scene and I was so amazed that I could not even follow the dialogues. Took me by shock in fact. I was not expecting such an effort for an ordinary film (rendu or something) I thought the critics would dismiss it as overacting :oops:

It depends on the actor in discussion :P

ellam fan biasing panra vElai :wink:

Vivasaayi
18th June 2010, 07:50 PM

Rajini's acting in Mullum malarum is more of charismatic acting. Alexpandian's(Moondru mugam), motta-boss's, vettayan's acting is purely charismatic acting.

Rajini's acting in Thalapathy is more of talented acting.

IMO Rajni in thalapathi was more charismatic than any other movies

HonestRaj
18th June 2010, 07:52 PM
aah oo'na karisma kapoor'ai kondu vandhurranga...

orutharukku pidicha karisma.. illaina karisma illai...

since Vijay's name was discussed... I wud say, their fans <both male & female> say him as the most charismatic actor ..

Nerd
18th June 2010, 07:53 PM
orutharukku pidicha karisma.. illaina karisma illai...

How many non-vijay fans will say that? That ratio >>> non-MGR/non-Rajini fans call him as a charismatic actor.

chummA ellaamE onnu dhaan-nu solla vENdiyadhu :banghead:

Plum
18th June 2010, 07:57 PM
I want to observe one general thing - nothing in particular against anyone in particular.
It has become a fashion to nail someone on something and say "When you talk about X, you say this, but same thing about Y, then you say that - isnt that contradicting?"

What people forget is there is something called degree.

For Kamal fans, Kamal is a great actor
For Vaiyapuri fans, Vaiyapuri is a great actor.
As a truly objective person, you got to agree with that. But this doesnt mean that
Kamal=Vaiyapuri.

This is an extreme example ofcourse but you could replace Vaiyapuri with someone many times better than Vaiyapuri and the degree of separation will still hold.

So, this "For X fans, X has Attribute A, for Y fans, Y has Attribute A" thingy cannot be an universal bail-out. There are some things beyond objectivity and neutrality.

Nerd
18th June 2010, 08:01 PM
So, this "For X fans, X has Attribute A, for Y fans, Y has Attribute A" thingy cannot be an universal bail-out. There are some things beyond objectivity and neutrality.
AdhE!

HonestRaj
18th June 2010, 08:26 PM
ada.. nan onnum Rajini, MGR ivangala paththi edhuvum sollalai < kosuru thagaval: RK & MGR ivangalai sama aLavil rasichavan nan >... reasonable fan base irukkura Vijay'ai paththi post pannadhukku sonnEn...

Vijay mEla dhideer paasam ellam illai..

Vivasaayi
18th June 2010, 08:28 PM

ohhh...appo eppavume irundhirukku....nadichitu irundhurukeenga

HonestRaj
18th June 2010, 08:35 PM

ohhh...appo eppavume irundhirukku....nadichitu irundhurukeenga

ada... idhu verayya .. <ini thannilai viLakkam ellam kidaiyadhu - VTV Babu antony than ennoda examle>
Vettaikaran parthen, ASAL parthen.. <theater'la> SURA parkkalainga..

PS: nadikkave theriyadha nadigarai rasikkiravan.. nan eppadi nadippen.. :lol:

Sarna
18th June 2010, 08:47 PM
Grouch/Sarna/Plum,

Actually the situation comes like this :- Madhavan's aim is to become a MD of a big company and he works as a right-hand of Abbas(multi-millioner owning few big companies & a womaniser). Then Madhavan sees heroine and falls love on her.
Abbas too sees the heroine and asks Madhavan to do maamaa job and promises Madhavan that he makes Madhavan as MD of one of his company.
So Madhavan does maamaa job and tries to trap heroine in Abbas valai.... at one stage he got vexed and yells in front of mirror imagining the image in mirror as his manasatchi.
Madhavan does a excellent acting there :bow: :bow:

Plum
18th June 2010, 08:48 PM
idhu indhila Saarug paNnadhu dhAnE?

app_engine
18th June 2010, 09:15 PM
digression

on Vijay's karisma - my 4 yr old insists on Vijay songs on TV / youtube, after a 2 month trip to TN.

So, Vijay has some pied-piper thingy (like MGR / Rajini)

end-digression

kid-glove
18th June 2010, 11:12 PM
I prefer that Madhavan's persona doesn't exert a singular charisma that would establish a star status, but treats it as separate character to be a 'pure actor'. That's why I feel he's more of a N'Shah or Puri or Irrfan than a mainstream star-actor. Sooner my fellow Maddy fansrealize this the better !
While I understand the spirit of the comment, I must say that Maddy is not remotely in the same class as the other 3 in the chosen mode of comparison.Yeah, but you get the point. I must say Madhavan does certain mainstream roles better, obviously...

groucho070
21st June 2010, 08:16 AM
Grouch.. often u r quoting SR.. :lol:Love to, at least it gets your attention.

looks like he does one good film (supposed to be) with Karan ... "irandu mugam" < nEram kedacha andha thread'ai thoosi thatti vekkirEn>Please do. As usual, no expectation.

raghavendran
23rd June 2010, 02:35 PM
hey guys..wat is this film called"aragadam"...posters all over cheenai with madhavan in the lead..it say vijay tv production,audio releasing today :huh:

kid-glove
23rd June 2010, 02:39 PM
I saw this too, Raghavendran. There was some actress next to him.

raghavendran
23rd June 2010, 02:42 PM
I saw this too, Raghavendran. There was some actress next to him.ya..she is mallika kapoor..heroine of arjun film "vaadiyar"..but is this a film?,serial?,game show?,or a documentry?...idhile AUDIO RELEASE SOON enge vandhuchu? :roll:

raghavendran
23rd June 2010, 04:51 PM
yarukkavudhu therindhaal.. inge post seyummmaru thazhmayudan kettukollapadiguradhu :D

Sarna
23rd June 2010, 04:55 PM
yarukkavudhu therindhaal.. inge post seyummmaru thazhmayudan kettukollapadiguradhu :D

raghav, searched google for aragadam and found this (http://www.google.co.in/search?q=aragadam&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a) :redjump: :bluejump:

see the 3rd result :thumbsup:

VJerry
23rd June 2010, 04:58 PM
"Oragadam" posters are not a movie poster...they are from a campaign I did for a Construction company called Arun Exello. I love the look.

- Tweet by Madhavan

Plum
23rd June 2010, 05:18 PM
grouch, poll pOdaliyA?

raghavendran
23rd June 2010, 05:42 PM
"Oragadam" posters are not a movie poster...they are from a campaign I did for a Construction company called Arun Exello. I love the look.

- Tweet by Madhavanoh..gud..but adhu enne audio release today :roll:

mnaren555
24th June 2010, 12:54 PM

- Tweet by Madhavan

oragadam... enga area pa :cheer: :cheer:

Cinefan
24th June 2010, 01:01 PM
If it's already not reported here,Madhavan is hosting a game show on NDTV Imagine from July 10th.

Families can play,prize money is 1 crore.

jinju
25th June 2010, 09:53 AM
today's The Hindu Friday Review section carries an interview with Maddy....

on being asked that whether he considers 3 Idiots his biggest film "See, I have worked with the likes of Mani Rathnam" Maddy :clap: :clap: :clap:

just had a read...if anyone has access to the online Hindu version, pls post the link here...

subash43
25th June 2010, 01:23 PM
[tscii:e6d7799cff]Maddy’s Oragadam turns out to be a hit!

On Wednesday (June 23) morning, Chennai city residents woke up to huge ads and six sheet film style posters announcing the audio release of Madhavan’s Oragadam.

Oragadam, with the tag line-“The Tale of 10,000 Crores.” The posters had Madhavan dressed as an engineer with a helmet on at a work site and another had Maddy with ‘heroine’ Mallika Kapoor sitting on a bench under a giant tree on what looked like a green park.

A three minute title song from Oragadam, was played on the FM channels in Chennai. The teaser advertisement campaign attracted huge curiosity on what people assumed to be a new Tamil film.

Well at the end of the day it turned out to be a campaign for a real estate company who is coming out with budget flats at Oragadam near Tambaram! The campaign unleashed by P Suresh of Arun Excello, has turned out to be a huge success.

It once again proves that using big movie stars like Madhavan and the magic of movies as a reference point any ad campaign can make inroads in Tamil Nadu.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14946759[/tscii:e6d7799cff]

subash43
25th June 2010, 01:24 PM
[tscii:20cd33bfff]Maddy to join Manmadhan Ambu unit

As per our sources, a big gang of family members of the Manmadhan Ambu unit left Chennai last night to an undisclosed European city.

Madhavan is playing a crucial role in this triangular romantic comedy with Kamal and Trisha. The actor who was shooting for his Television show in Mumbai flew down to Chennai along with his wife Saritha.

The couple along with Trisha’s mom Uma, KS Ravikumar’s family, and Producer Udhayanidhi Stalin’s family have boarded the flight to Europe. So it is going to be a big holiday on the cruise ship for the entire unit.

The cruise liner ship which reminds you of a fairytale castle has three decks and has a grand theatre to a state-of-the-art spa.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14946723[/tscii:20cd33bfff]

groucho070
25th June 2010, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the update, Subash. :D

viraajan
25th June 2010, 03:58 PM
Though i can share this here.

From Maddy's twitter:

got an movie offer from my old director lingusamy(RUN)...dint decide yet...lets keep fingers crossed...

My reply:

Turn down d offer from Linguswamy. Dont want to c u in 2nd hero, brother kind of roles. Ther r plenty of ppl to do it. Not u.

His reply:

hmmm I agree..

:cool:

I hope he rejects this offer! Mission success :lol:

venkkiram
25th June 2010, 04:03 PM

I hope he rejects this offer! Mission success :lol:But what if the role Lingu offers to maddy the main hero?

viraajan
25th June 2010, 04:11 PM

I hope he rejects this offer! Mission success :lol:But what if the role Lingu offers to maddy the main hero?

Actually, the movie Maddy talks about has Simbu in lead :) Madhavan has been approached by Lingu to act in a supporting role. :) Simbu's brother I think!

Appu s
25th June 2010, 04:12 PM

From Maddy's twitter:

got an movie offer from my old director lingusamy(RUN)...dint decide yet...lets keep fingers crossed...

My reply:

Turn down d offer from Linguswamy. Dont want to c u in 2nd hero, brother kind of roles. Ther r plenty of ppl to do it. Not u.

His reply:

hmmm I agree..

Vir :lol: :thumbsup: yaarukku brother aama,simbukka ?

Parthyy
25th June 2010, 04:17 PM

From Maddy's twitter:

My reply:

His reply:

hmmm I agree..

I hope he rejects this offer! Mission success :lol: 8-)

Nalla Naarathar work.
keep it up

ajaybaskar
25th June 2010, 04:19 PM
appu,

it was heroine's brother role.. Tamms is the heroine i guess...

Thirumaran
25th June 2010, 04:21 PM

From Maddy's twitter:

My reply:

His reply:

hmmm I agree..

I feel bad for maddy.. Unna maathiri onnuthukkum urupadaathavanga opinion ellaam kaetka vaendiya nilamaikku vanthutaare :sigh2:

ajaybaskar
25th June 2010, 04:26 PM
[tscii:d81d2c7ab8]
today's The Hindu Friday Review section carries an interview with Maddy....

on being asked that whether he considers 3 Idiots his biggest film "See, I have worked with the likes of Mani Rathnam" Maddy :clap: :clap: :clap:

just had a read...if anyone has access to the online Hindu version, pls post the link here...

Maddie - Between big and small
ANUJ KUMAR

All set to host “Big Money”, a new show on Imagine, actor R. Madhavan shares what it feels like to return to the small screen which catapulted him to bigger avenues

He is one actor who is not bound by mediums or the length of roles. He might not be the biggest name in the industry, but his honesty is hard to ignore. Perhaps that makes him the best bet to host a television show. He comes across as someone who can joke and jibe but at the end of the day you know he is a guy you can trust.

Come July 10 and R. Madhavan will return to the small screen with ‘Big Money' on Imagine.

“I was between films when I got this offer. I am a huge fan of Siddhartha Basu and his shows. So when the offer came I couldn't say no. Having started my career on television and having hosted ‘Tol Mol Ke Bol' when game shows were new in the country, I connect with the medium. Whenever I have time I'd like to return to it,” says Madhavan.

But last time, he quit midway from ‘Deal Ya No Deal'. “The show didn't turn out the way I had anticipated it to be. The producers kept changing the schedule. It clashed with my film shoots. Ultimately, I had to quit.”

Things have changed on television since the days of ‘Tol Mol Ke Bol' and Madhavan acknowledges the technological advancement. “Gadgets have made the task of the host easier. Earlier, we had to put in a lot of effort to do what is considered simple these days. Yet, I have to think on my feet while interacting with the whole family on the sets. It is exhausting but exciting and in a way an opportunity to reach out to so many people.”

Family show

In ‘Big Money', Madhavan will quiz participants on whatever appears on television…soaps, advertisements, cartoons… “It is a complete family show, where even a kid can help the family win Rs. 1 crore.”

As for his knowledge of soaps, Madhavan says, “These days my knowledge of television shows is limited to National Geographic Channel and news channels, but I know television soaps command a huge viewership.”

Will we see the real Madhavan on the show or will he appear as a character? “You will get to see the real Madhavan. It is next to impossible for me to be a character. Even in films I try to play my character from my point of view. Like in 3 Idiots, I have taken a lot from my personal life to play Farhan.”

Sometimes game shows with big names fail to find an audience. It has happened with Anupam Kher and Shah Rukh Khan. “It is the format that is crucial to the success and longevity of a game show. KBC remained on top for a long time largely because of the novelty of the questions.

“If ‘Paanchvi Paas' failed it was because the format didn't suit the Indian audience. It doesn't reflect Shah Rukh's ability as a host. In fact, success or failure of a game show doesn't affect the career of an actor.”

Once in a while, there comes a film that changes the course of an actor's career. Is 3 Idiots proving to be the game changer for him in Bollywood? He doesn't consider 3 Idiots as the biggest film of his career.

“I have worked with the likes of Mani Ratnam. Of course in terms of money and offers, 3 Idiots has changed my status in the Hindi film industry but it isn't going to change the way I work. I love to be challenged and tested. I don't want to repeat myself.”

He might be hosting ‘Big Money' but he categorically says he doesn't earn a lot of money. He explains, “When you work with big directors — and in my case I have worked with some really big names — you don't necessarily earn big money but yes, your market value does go up…companies come for brand endorsements. I like it this way….”

Just when we were thinking he would sign many Hindi films, Madhavan has signed Manmadan Ambu, a Tamil film with Kamal Haasan. This is his second film with the master actor and he is excited about the prospects. Directed by K.S. Ravikumar, a large portion of the romantic comedy is going to be shot in Europe. “It is a love triangle with Trisha playing the female lead.”

The film was launched when the southern film industry was boycotting the IIFA awards. Madhavan says he is an apolitical person and people shouldn't read much into it.

“But yes, I didn't want to hurt the sentiments of my Tamil fans. That's why I didn't go to Colombo.” But before Manmadan Ambu, we will get to see him as Manu in yet another romantic comedy Tanu Weds Manu with Kangna Ranaut playing Tanu.
[/tscii:d81d2c7ab8]

viraajan
25th June 2010, 04:34 PM
Appu, Parthy, :D

appu,

it was heroine's brother role.. Tamms is the heroine i guess...

Thammanna-ku brother ah :shock: Even I will disagree if given a chance to act in that role :x

I feel bad for maddy.. Unna maathiri onnuthukkum urupadaathavanga opinion ellaam kaetka vaendiya nilamaikku vanthutaare :sigh2:

inimE thaan avar munnEruvar paarunga :exactly:

jinju
25th June 2010, 04:49 PM
Maddy as Tammu/Simbu brother in a Lingusamy film ah? how did he even think of offering Maddy such a role? idhula Maddy vera, 'lets keep our fingers crossed' aama! gud work viraajan...hope ur comments has put a fullstop to his crossing fingers :clap:

thanks AB for finding that article and posting here.... :thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
25th June 2010, 04:51 PM
Grapevine is that Ajmal is in waiting list 4 that role.. If Maddy rejects, Ajmal will get the nod..

jinju
25th June 2010, 04:53 PM
Grapevine is that Ajmal is in waiting list 4 that role.. If Maddy rejects, Ajmal will get the nod..

avan kedakkraan orutthan...pannittu pogattum, but Maddy no

Plum
25th June 2010, 04:55 PM
Thammanna-ku brother ah Even I will disagree if given a chance to act in that role
Hmmm...emotional scenesla...sari vENAm..

viraajan
25th June 2010, 06:00 PM
Thammanna-ku brother ah Even I will disagree if given a chance to act in that role

enna thaan nadippu-nAlum oru gnAyam vEndamA? :lol: (as VV says to Simbu)

NOV
25th June 2010, 06:15 PM
[tscii:78604612a0]
“But yes, I didn't want to hurt the sentiments of my Tamil fans. That's why I didn't go to Colombo.” En? ivaru Tamil illaiyaam? :roll:[/tscii:78604612a0]

Kambar_Kannagi
25th June 2010, 06:20 PM

Full-A sollirungaLEn. :P

Kambar_Kannagi
25th June 2010, 06:21 PM
VR, cool reply. :clap: Hope he listens. :)

viraajan
25th June 2010, 06:47 PM

Hope so :D

Jinju :D

Mahen
25th June 2010, 07:51 PM

Hope so :D

Jinju :D

VR, sorry to say this...looking at him now, i think he's only gona get birather roles... :oops: He's not watching his weight :twisted: Lingu who gave him the action hero image, is now gona give him the birather image :D

viraajan
25th June 2010, 07:58 PM
He is getting - okay.

Why is he accepting? - That's the problem :hammer:

I'm very angry on Linguswamy for approaching Maddy for such a role, that too in a simbu movie. He should not have done it. Just imagine Maddy playing second fiddle in Simbu movie. How pathetic. :sigh2:

HonestRaj
25th June 2010, 07:58 PM

Jin... Hindu newspaper is freely available online.. no subscription is required :)

raghavendran
25th June 2010, 08:14 PM

I hope he rejects this offer! Mission success :lol:But what if the role Lingu offers to maddy the main hero?simbhu odelam venam..apparam side actornnu per vandhirum venki sir..solova hit tharatum

HonestRaj
25th June 2010, 08:30 PM
Malarum Ninaivugal

Star in the making

Mani Ratnam's ``Alaipayuthey'' has turned the spotlight on actor Madhavan. T. KRITHIKA REDDY talks to him about his career that is all set to take off in a big way.

IF HRITHIK Roshan is hip, hot and happening in Bollywood, the same can be said of R.Madhavan in Tamil tinseldom. After a bravura delineation in ``Alaipayuthey'', life has finally come up roses for this model, television actor and wannabe star of the marquee.

In casual cargo and a white T shirt, Madhavan embodies the word cool in an interview in Chennai, a few days after the release of Mani Ratnam's ``Alaipayuthey''. Radiating an open, friendly vibe, he intones, ``It is difficult to express my joy. It is a dream break.''

Flopping comfortably in a chair in a sun-baked apartment in Adyar, he chatters nineteen to the dozen and the conversation veers to topics ranging from his tryst with television to his passion for teaching. And all through, he comes across, intelligent and unaffected.

As the cliche goes, ``acting just happened'' to this 29-year old. ``Coming from a very academic background, I graduated in Electronics in Kolhapur and developed an interest in teaching communication skills and personality development.'' The teaching assignment brought him to Mumbai, where the offer for a serial came about ``by chance. It sounded lucrative, so I accepted it despite the initial scepticism of my parents.''

Today, Madhavan is a familiar face on television, what with 45 serials and about a dozen ad commericals to his credit. ``Ghar Jamai'', ``Banegi Apni Baat'', ``Sea Hawks'', ``Badalte Rishtey'', and ``Yeh Kahan Aa Gaye Hum'' are some of the serials in which Madhavan has captured the attention of couch potatoes with his charm and spontaneity.

It was while shooting for the Ponds sandal talc ad that Santhosh Sivan suggested that Madhavan meet Mani Ratnam, the director with a Midas touch. Photographs exchanged hands and screen tests were done, but projects did not come through. Two other films ( ``Shanti, Shanti, Shanti'' with Abbas and ``Akeli'' with Vinod Pandey) came unstuck. False starts and failures did not let frustration creep in though. Sure enough, the big break came with ``Alaipayuthey''. ``Mani Ratnam is a perfectionist and a rare technician. I have been extremely lucky to work with him and cinematographer P.C.Sriram. The shooting for the film was a learning experience.''

Crackling with energy, Madhavan adds, ``Television is a good training ground for aspiring stars. You can experiment and get away, imbibing the positive and viable aspects. Whereas, in cinema, the stakes are high. If something goes wrong, the film falls flat.''

Does the high expectation after the film's release scare him? Sure, he is flattered by the attention. But is also a tad wary. ``It is unfair to have so much expectation. I am still a fresher in showville, '' he pleads.

On the good and bad of recognition, Madhavan explains,``The bottom line is one's performance. Acting is like any other profession. I do not think stars need to have any hang-ups in public. I do not like to be treated like someone special - and this I say, because I am normal, and not because I want to sound humble.''

Being good at both Hindi and Tamil, does Madhavan hope to bridge the North-South dichotomy. ``Oh yes. I am at an advantage. I hope offers will come from both sides of the Vindhyas.''

As a performer, Madhavan places sincerity over all other considerations. ``I sincerely enjoy what I do and my commitment is total. I would prefer to work for directors who give me the script and written screenplay at the outset. Story-telling sessions unnerve me. Having done an off-beat romance, I will certainly hop out of hackneyed plots. I prefer feel-good films sans heavy social messages for now.''

Where does he go from here? Madhavan has already signed on the dotted line for Kavithalaya and Gautham Menon's forthcoming films. The latter is a kind of experiment in terms of cost and time, says the young actor who has picked up strands of the logistics of film making. ``One thing is certain. I will take up only one venture at a time. I do not like any conflict in the characters I portray,'' adds the tall actor with mocca- coloured skin.

About his recent marriage to Saritha, he discloses that the two had loved each other for eight years. ``I disagree with friends who suggest that I refrain from revealing my marital status. Why shouldn't I? If I do so, I will be hurting someone who is so dear to me,'' says the actor, whose passions include basketball and teaching and working on the computer. ``Marital status is not going to affect one's prospects or fan following, for ultimately, talent will prevail. Take Aamir Khan or Shah Rukh Khan for instance. Actors are mere dream sellers. They cannot become everyone's lover.''

Riding on the crest of a popular wave after ``Alaipayuthey'', Madhavan seems to be fortune's favourite for now. Whether he will rise to the level of a silver screen idol, the way some television personalities have, only time will tell.

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/2000/04/21/stories/09210228.htm

Kambar_Kannagi
25th June 2010, 08:32 PM
ஒரு கேள்வி.
மாதவன் இரண்டாம் நாயகனாக நடிப்பது பிரச்சனையா அல்லது சிம்பு படத்தில் இரண்டாம் நாயகனாக இருப்பது பிரச்சனையா? :)

HonestRaj
25th June 2010, 08:37 PM
ஒரு கேள்வி.
மாதவன் இரண்டாம் நாயகனாக நடிப்பது பிரச்சனையா அல்லது சிம்பு படத்தில் இரண்டாம் நாயகனாக இருப்பது பிரச்சனையா? :)

I think Simbhu is the problem for them :P

viraajan
25th June 2010, 09:40 PM
ஒரு கேள்வி.
மாதவன் இரண்டாம் நாயகனாக நடிப்பது பிரச்சனையா அல்லது சிம்பு

படத்தில் இரண்டாம் நாயகனாக இருப்பது பிரச்சனையா? :)

திருத்தம் :) லிங்குசாமி மாதவனுக்கு கொடுக்கவிருப்பது இரண்டாம் கதா நாயகன் role அல்ல. இரண்டாம் கதா நாயாகனாக நடிப்பது பெரிய பிரச்னை இல்லை என்றாலும், சிம்புவுடன் நடிப்பது யோசிக்க வேண்டிய விஷயம்.

jinju
26th June 2010, 12:27 PM

Jin... Hindu newspaper is freely available online.. no subscription is required :)

i know mr. vijayakanth, but officela vera pozhappillaatha pasanga, hinduonnnet ellaam blaak pannirukkaanga...adhanaala dhaan...

//btw, ungaloda nick honest raj...imagine my shock when i came across a salesguy here in cbe Naiha showroom day before whose original name is Honest Raj :shock: ! it was there in his id...am sure his parents r die-hard vijaykant fans to name him so :D ! wanted to find out more about him but the chap was busy attending to customers...he shudn't be more than 22-23 i think..padam vandhu evlo varshamaachu?//

littlemaster1982
26th June 2010, 12:45 PM
padam vandhu evlo varshamaachu?

Around 1993-94.

jinju
26th June 2010, 12:58 PM
padam vandhu evlo varshamaachu?

Around 1993-94.

hmm...then maybe not..still :roll:

Mahen
26th June 2010, 01:38 PM
Lingusamy to make a multi-starrer?
By Moviebuzz | Saturday, 26 June , 2010, 11:18

The grapevine is abuzz that top commercial director Lingusamy after the super hit Paiyaa is all set to make a multi-starrer as his next film.

The film will have Madhavan, Silambarasan and most likely Tamannaah in the lead with music by Yuvan Shankar Raja.

Remember Lingusamy has given Madhavan his biggest hit in Tamil Run?

The buzz is that Lingu narrated a one line story to Maddy, which impressed him. Maddy thinks very highly of Lingusamy as a commercial film director who understands the pulse of the common man.

Simbu who is now shooting in London for Poda Podi is willing to do the film with Madhavan, whom he thinks is a fine actor. If all goes well, Lingusamy may be able to pull of a casting coup with his next venture.

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.

jinju
26th June 2010, 01:47 PM

Simbu who is now shooting in London for Poda Podi is willing to do the film with Madhavan,.

oh, idhula simbu willing/unwilling ellaam vera paakkraangalaa! :x Maddykku idhellaam thevayaa

Mahen
26th June 2010, 01:49 PM

Simbu who is now shooting in London for Poda Podi is willing to do the film with Madhavan,.

oh, idhula simbu willing/unwilling ellaam vera paakkraangalaa! :x Maddykku idhellaam thevayaa

Maybe both have equally good roles in the movie

Kambar_Kannagi
26th June 2010, 01:53 PM

:rotfl: Jinju, ellAm nEram...

jinju
26th June 2010, 01:58 PM
whatever Mahen, Maddy still has many more good years left in him and it's too early for him to be confined to heroine's brother's role, etc! with kamalji or a mani ratnam film it's ok but lingusamy ellaam enna role kudukkumnu we can imagine...

he has a production company in collaboration with seeman/nishikant kamath if am not wrong...he can produce commercially viable projects like YN, instead of doing howmuchever-important-brother role in a lingusamy film illiya?

raghavendran
26th June 2010, 02:00 PM
ange padathule young superstar simbu nadikkumnnu varum...adhukkaparam maddy peyar varum..simbuvukku rombe build up tharuvange...theva illame avane rombe pesuvan..maddy simbu padathile nadichaarnnu ayidum.one more thing is that lingu is doin this in telugu also which wil have mahesh babu as the lead,he is playing wat simbu going to play in tamizh.mahesh ange double herolam panne vaype ille..so madhavanukku appu thondrange..pls thalaiva venam...pogadheenge

viraajan
26th June 2010, 02:27 PM
yeah. that sify article is from author's perception... things are not yet confirmed...

Maddy, kuzhila vizhundhudatheenga :twisted:

raghavendran
26th June 2010, 02:55 PM
yeah. that sify article is from author's perception... things are not yet confirmed...

Maddy, kuzhila vizhundhudatheenga :twisted:viraajan
twitterle maddy fans opinionlam kekrara?..respond adikkadi pannuvara illaiya?

viraajan
26th June 2010, 03:15 PM

Maddy, kuzhila vizhundhudatheenga :twisted:viraajan
twitterle maddy fans opinionlam kekrara?..respond adikkadi pannuvara illaiya?

neenga vEra... nEthikku thaan maddy twitter-la irukkArnu theriyum... indha tweet pAtha udanE reply panninEn... he responded immediately...

That was my first tweet to him... :P Not sure if he replies all his fans' tweets...

MADDY
26th June 2010, 06:41 PM
i dont think such movies and roles would do any good to maddy..............maddy has to think small films and make it big

madhavan kooda pesaradhukaagave twitter-la varanum :P

HonestRaj
26th June 2010, 07:56 PM
// dig

jin... Honest Raj.. adhu kaarana peyara irukkalam.. :)
like eye thousand, sugarcane thousand etc.

Plum
27th June 2010, 06:49 AM

:roll: - indha liddle sooppersdaar thollai thAnga mudiyalaipA!

viraajan
27th June 2010, 08:48 PM
Watched Evano Oruvan. Not fully though :|

Watched it in parts and did not miss the climax train scene. Maddy's performance :clap: :clap: :bow:

I should get the DVD and watch full movie!

viraajan
27th June 2010, 08:50 PM
Maddy, i want you to be back in Tamil soon :x Do the needful :hammer:

groucho070
28th June 2010, 07:15 AM
Forget Simbhu, he shouldn't even be in a Linggusamy film, Run or not! :evil: .

raghavendran
28th June 2010, 09:48 AM
Watched Evano Oruvan. Not fully though :|

Watched it in parts and did not miss the climax train scene. Maddy's performance :clap: :clap: :bow:

I should get the DVD and watch full movie!its a superb film..most underrated and less talked abt performance...madhavan was just tremendous :clap:

viraajan
2nd July 2010, 05:53 PM
:victory: :victory:

The actor who is shooting for Manmathan Ambu with Kamal Hassan and Trisha abroad luxury cruiser somewhere near the Italian coast, says he is not going to do Lingusamy’s film with Simbu. He cannot do the film due to his knee injury which will keep him away from action scenes.[tscii:c06bec07c2][/tscii:c06bec07c2]

--

nArAyana... nArAyana... :yessir:

souu
4th July 2010, 10:02 PM
Hai everybody....

Do u think Maddy will answer to all his fans in twitter?

souu
5th July 2010, 03:15 PM
see this........... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x27VXTfbtus&feature=related

Kambar_Kannagi
5th July 2010, 03:16 PM
Hi Souu. Welcome. Jothyila aikiyamAgikkOngga... :)

Thanks for the link.

Kambar_Kannagi
5th July 2010, 03:19 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x27VXTfbtus&feature=related

ARR @1.09, @2.32, @2.53, @5.56, @6.61 :redjump: :bluejump:

raghavendran
5th July 2010, 07:15 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x27VXTfbtus&feature=related 8-)

raghavendran
5th July 2010, 07:18 PM
i am scared that madhavan wil b next only to trisha in manmadhan ambu...enge parthalum kamal-trisha starrer...appo madhavan yaaru?...only hope is kamal..that he gives a gud role for him...like anbesivam

souu
5th July 2010, 08:49 PM
i am scared that madhavan wil b next only to trisha in manmadhan ambu...enge parthalum kamal-trisha starrer...appo madhavan yaaru?...only hope is kamal..that he gives a gud role for him...like anbesivam

CORRECT CORRECT :roll:

souu
5th July 2010, 08:49 PM
Hi Souu. Welcome. Jothyila aikiyamAgikkOngga... :)

Thanks for the link.

Thank uuuuuu :D
and welcomeeeee :D

souu
11th July 2010, 11:35 AM
Guys watch our Maddy's BIG MONEY..

Wishing u all the best Maddyyyyyyyyyy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJRn5uyCWs0

souu
13th July 2010, 09:03 PM
Hey guys where did everybody go? :shock:

HonestRaj
13th July 2010, 09:46 PM
for attending Maddy's wedding

groucho070
14th July 2010, 06:45 AM
Taking time out to promote SR's thread. MA varattum, intha thread-ai oru kalakku kalakkuvom.

souu
14th July 2010, 04:47 PM
Taking time out to promote SR's thread. MA varattum, intha thread-ai oru kalakku kalakkuvom.

SR? MA?

Sarna
14th July 2010, 05:04 PM
SR - Sathyaraj

MA - Manmadhan ambu - kamal+maddy upcoming film

:)

souu
14th July 2010, 08:37 PM
SR - Sathyaraj

MA - Manmadhan ambu - kamal+maddy upcoming film

:)

So have to wait a bit long for this thred to become active, huh?
Hmm that's sad........ :( :( :(

viraajan
14th July 2010, 09:44 PM
Was watching parts of Priyamana thozhi.

Wondering how/why Maddy accepted to do this movie :confused2:

littlemaster1982
14th July 2010, 09:50 PM
Indha padathai naan theatre-la vera paarthen :| Murali-yum, Devayani-yum nadichirukka vendiya padam :evil:

viraajan
14th July 2010, 09:57 PM
Indha padathai naan theatre-la vera paarthen :| Murali-yum, Devayani-yum nadichirukka vendiya padam :evil:

Interesting :rotfl3:

kid-glove
14th July 2010, 10:07 PM
The film was bad. But Maddy was swimming across the tide IMHO. Without doing a double role like Captain and Sarath, Maddy still managed to pitch it down - Vikraman's senti quotient - to a more tolerable level. Add to it that he was neutralizing sOthika's presence. The material itself is Vikraman's worst :lol2: I caught telugu remake Vasantham *-ing Venkatesh. :oops2: And then managed to watch "Unnai ninaithu" on Television. :lol2: Shows us how sophisticated Maddy is in over emotional scenes, and how his uninhibited style of performance refines sappy values and shoddy material. :P

Sarna
19th July 2010, 05:16 PM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14950046

Madhavan is riding high these days and he has reasons to. Recently his television show Big Money on NDTV Imagine has turned out to be a runaway super hit. Maddy is all excited about his new Tamil film KS Ravikumar directed Manmadha Ambu in which he shares screen space with Kamal Haasan. The actor has just completed the first schedule of the film in Europe on board a luxury seven star ship.

Maddy, talks exclusively to Sridevi Sreedhar about his Mediterranean cruise in his first interview after reaching Mumbai.

How did the shoot go?
Bagging this role in Manmadha Ambu is an ecstatic feeling. It is the best thing that happened to me in years. I am completely floored by the script and love my character. I am so happy that finally, I am working with Mr Kamal Haasan again (after Anbe Sivam) and also have the pleasure of working with Trisha again for the second time (after Lesa Lesa) and Ravikumar sir too for the second time (after Ethiree). I hope that Manmadha Ambu will be another turning point for me. It is amazing to be part of something so big.

Can you tell us about the experience on the Mediterranean cruise liner?
It was mind blowing and out-of-the-world experience. I think, all of us were spell bound to be on a ship like that with 18 decks and we were shooting on the 16th deck. The suites we were put up were 7-star and the liner had about 11 swimming pool and 23 restaurants. All of us had a ball and I must say that I had the first hand experience of being with Udayanidhi Stalin and he is such a wonderful, chilled out polished person.

How was it working with Kamal sir after a break?
We learn so much working with Kamal sir. He goes out of his way to treat you nicely and makes everyone so comfortable on the sets. I had Saritha and Vedanth with me, and they say it was a fantastic holiday for them. It was simply a mind blowing experience and the shoot went off meticulously.

What are your future plans?
I have completed the Hindi film Tanu Weds Manu with Kangana Ranuat. I will be back in Chennai to complete Manmadha Ambu and then I am off for a sabbatical.

Why a sabbatical at this juncture?
I have wanted to take a break from work and do whatever I always wanted to. I was not taking up any new offers and during these six months I want to spend quality time with family, write a script and take treatment for my injured knee.

Sarna
19th July 2010, 06:37 PM
Was watching parts of Priyamana thozhi.

Wondering how/why Maddy accepted to do this movie :confused2:

watch the full movie before commenting :twisted:

the movie is really good :) a typical Vikraman film :) hit movie for Madhavan, ran more than 100days in many centre 8-)
Madhavan was prettly cool in this movie :)

My favourite conversation in the movie :- watched 8 years back but still remember the saraamsam not exact dialogues

Old man :- un vayasu pasanga ellaam, nallaa padichchu docter/engineer'nu life'la settle aaittaanga :) nee mattum yEndaa cricket cricket'nu naasamaa pOra

Madhavan : un vayasu thaaththaakkal koodadhaan pOi sEndhuttaang :twisted: nee mattum En innum pOi sEralanu, naan ennikkaavudhu unna kEttanaa :rotfl3:

typical gounderism, but maddy rocked.

groucho070
20th July 2010, 06:39 AM
Madhavan : un vayasu thaaththaakkal koodadhaan pOi sEndhuttaang :twisted: nee mattum En innum pOi sEralanu, naan ennikkaavudhu unna kEttanaa :rotfl3: :lol: Padam full-a paarkala, I have the DVD but too much Vikraman-ism pushes my sugar level :?

Wibha
20th July 2010, 06:52 AM
Madhavan : un vayasu thaaththaakkal koodadhaan pOi sEndhuttaang :twisted: nee mattum En innum pOi sEralanu, naan ennikkaavudhu unna kEttanaa :rotfl3: :lol: Padam full-a paarkala, I have the DVD but too much Vikraman-ism pushes my sugar level :?

Its okay You aren't missing too much :|

OMG madhavan's costumes and his dialoges :sigh2: Holy God why did he even do this movie :banghead:

HonestRaj
20th July 2010, 07:40 AM

Its okay You aren't missing too much :|

OMG madhavan's costumes and his dialoges :sigh2: Holy God why did he even do this movie :banghead:

vikraman == sure hit family entertainer

Adding to this..
AVM.. prestigious banner...

Nobody will miss that oppurtunity...

& this was Vikraman's first flop ( fans vandhu average'nu solluveenga) after a long time

groucho070
20th July 2010, 07:44 AM
Ithu parkalaya guru?
the movie is really good :) a typical Vikraman film :) hit movie for Madhavan, ran more than 100days in many centre 8-)

HonestRaj
20th July 2010, 07:50 AM
Ithu parkalaya guru?

debatable'nu ninaikkiren...

as a result of PT Vikraman was not in action for long time..

then after a long gap did "chennai kaadhal" with Bharath .... another flop... which released with a good movie "veyyil"

NOV
20th July 2010, 08:00 AM
then after a long gap did "chennai kaadhal" with Bharath .... another flop... which released with a good movie "veyyil"Trivia: Chennai Kaadhal opening scene was in Mumbai, while Veyyil's opening scene was a dark stormy night. :D

Is Maddy working with Lingusamy again? :boo:

HonestRaj
20th July 2010, 08:03 AM
while doing chennai kaadhal, Vikraman was giving an interview saying... "veyyil kaalathula ennala kambali vikka mudiyadhu" ( means he feels that his way of filming is outdated... so he wanted to make a youth film)

Sarna
20th July 2010, 09:00 AM
honest, i heard that Vikraman had serious health issues after PT and which made him to be away from directing movies :(

Vikraman's flop movies are pudhiya mannargal and chennai kaadhal.... even Mariyaadhai faired average :P

Unnai ninaiththu(first commercial hit for Surya... friends is a vijay movie :) ) and PT were hits :)

HonestRaj
20th July 2010, 07:34 PM
Vikraman's flop movies are pudhiya mannargal and chennai kaadhal....

Perum puLLi ippadi oru padam irukku... aana nan parthadhillai

omega
20th July 2010, 07:54 PM

Perum puLLi ippadi oru padam irukku... aana nan parthadhillai

vikraman mela romba nambikkai vaithu antha padatha naan paarthirukken.......sema bore.. In fact that was his second movie right after Puthu Vasantham

souu
27th July 2010, 08:03 PM
take a look

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/58899.html

P_R
27th July 2010, 08:05 PM

Perum puLLi ippadi oru padam irukku... aana nan parthadhillaiAnand Babu - Mohini movie right

anaadharavA ninna Mohinikku adaikkalam koduthu, mazhaila paper pOttu, paal pOttu Mohini-yai collector (aka perumpuLLi) aakki, pirinju climoksla paattu paadi oNNu sEruvaanga with some.

Plum
27th July 2010, 08:07 PM
perumpULLila "ennuyir thOzhan" Babu illaiyA?

vithagan
27th July 2010, 08:18 PM

Perum puLLi ippadi oru padam irukku... aana nan parthadhillaiAnand Babu - Mohini movie right

anaadharavA ninna Mohinikku adaikkalam koduthu, mazhaila paper pOttu, paal pOttu Mohini-yai collector (aka perumpuLLi) aakki, pirinju climoksla paattu paadi oNNu sEruvaanga with some.

You are referring to "Naan Pesa Ninaipethellam".

Perumpulli by En Uyir Thozhan Babu ( Plum you are correct)

HonestRaj
27th July 2010, 08:38 PM

= = Thullaadha Manamum Thullum :lol2:

vithagan
27th July 2010, 08:46 PM

== Unnidathi Enna Koduthen :lol: ( Infact all Vikraman movies )

HonestRaj
27th July 2010, 09:42 PM

== Unnidathi Enna Koduthen :lol: ( Infact all Vikraman movies )

no.. there is a similarity in TNT & NPN... the climax scene was shot at the collector office with Mohini & Simaran as district collectors & Anand Babu & Vijay arguing with the watchman to get into the office

Sarna
28th July 2010, 10:51 AM
http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/fr/2003/07/25/stories/2003072501320200.htm

AT A time when tinsel town is teeming with young girls who dare to bare and filmmakers making the most of it, comes a neat film with no obscenity in expression, dance movement or dialogue. The confidence and guts of the producer and the director deserve special mention. But director Vikraman has always been known for his clean entertainers.

AVM's "Priyamana Thozhi" is all about the strong bond of friendship between Ashok (Madhavan) and Julie (Sridevi) and the way society views it. The people around see nothing platonic in it. But actually the matter doesn't pose much of a problem. Ashok sees Nandini (Jyotika), falls in love and marries her after a brief courtship. The romantic interlude is refreshing. But when Julie falls in love with Michael (Vineet) stumbling blocks appear in the form of Michael's father and at this point things get too predictable and clichéd.

Those who expect to see an energetic, fun-loving Madhavan, could end up feeling disappointed with the hero's stubble, sad eyes and melancholic grin in the second half. Not that he's running round trees in the first half either.

Though constantly humiliated at home for being jobless, he takes the barbs with a smile. But suddenly you are told that he has his own video coverage business. Jyotika looks gorgeous and lends dignity to the role of an understanding wife. A commendable portrayal comes from Sridevi, who has plenty of scope to perform. The subdued enactment from this soft spoken, delicate and petite heroine is appreciable.

Incidentally, the girl who is otherwise so soft, commenting on the dress sense of her friend's fiancée is unbelievably jarring. Similar crudeness is evident in other characters too — the heroine's status conscious sister Dharini's ridiculous insult in the wedding scene (the behaviour transports you to the screen's cruel women of the black and white era), Jyotika's harsh words when Madhavan's friends come home for dinner and Livingston's digs at his wife, to name a few. Ramesh Kanna's humour glistens with intelligence. Manivannan is appealing as the understanding father of Sridevi.

The height of comedy is, of course, the climax at the railway station.

Julie is frantically searching for Ashok and Nandini who are leaving the town for good. Even as she is entering the station the train begins to move and the perplexed girl, in true filmi style, bursts out into the friendship song she had sung earlier! Ashok hears the song above the din at the railway station and jumps out of the moving train, leaving the wife behind. Poor Jyotika... you actually feel sorry for her as she pulls the chain, stops the train, jumps out with luggage in both hands and runs to catch up with Madhavan.

Vikraman's loyalty to S.A. Rajkumar is unshakeable. The composer could rehash his own tunes or be inspired by others' — it just doesn't matter. Anyway, so what, when most of the numbers are hits? "Vaanam Enna Vaanam ... " is a hum-worthy number from Hariharan. Thotta Tharani's art and S. Saravanan's cinematography are highlights.

The story, screenplay, dialogue and direction are Vikraman's. The dialogue sparkles in many a place, the direction is neat and song sequences have been inserted intelligently — but even with such a youthful team what the film lacks is pep and verve.

MALATHI RANGARAJAN[/tscii:6760606762]

Sarna
28th July 2010, 11:03 AM
AT A time when tinsel town is teeming with young girls who dare to bare and filmmakers making the most of it, comes a neat film with no obscenity in expression, dance movement or dialogue. The confidence and guts of the producer and the director deserve special mention. But director Vikraman has always been known for his clean entertainers.

Most important thing of priyamanathozhi :D

P_R
28th July 2010, 12:01 PM
Oh ok :oops: Actually this is the second time I am making the same mistake.

Plum
28th July 2010, 12:03 PM
Oh ok :oops: Actually this is the second time I am making the same mistake.
idhukku pEru dhAn "mohini pisAsu vaalibarai vaLaithadhu".

souu
28th July 2010, 10:28 PM
Hey guys,does anybody know how to find maddy on facebook??

Don't tease me ok? :oops:

groucho070
13th August 2010, 12:13 PM
Hah! Plum kaiyala oru update
Madhavan is promoting the TV premiere(already premiered but it is being promoted as premiere again - bollywood!!!) of 3 Idiots in SET Max.

P_R
13th August 2010, 12:15 PM
What happened to avan avaL adhu

Guru, en aaLu maadhiri vandhuttu pOyiruchA.
indhiya thollaikkAtchigaLil pOttutaangaLA?

groucho070
13th August 2010, 12:17 PM
indhiya thollaikkAtchigaLil pOttutaangaLA? :lol: Innum varave illa, boss. Varathunu nenekkiren, aaviya vantha-taan.

kid-glove
13th August 2010, 12:23 PM
Malathi Rangarajan :lol:

As a Madhavan fan & as much as I appreciate his control in the performance, I'd have to say the film itself is a joke. It's a shoddy take at age old tropes of friend-wife relationships. Incidentally, as much as I hate Thangar bachchan, Azhagi which released a year before PT seems infinitely genuine and yeah, 'clean'.. IR's magic wand makes some of scenes work and moves one quite a bit!

raghavendran
17th August 2010, 07:23 PM
indhiya thollaikkAtchigaLil pOttutaangaLA? :lol: Innum varave illa, boss. Varathunu nenekkiren, aaviya vantha-taan.varave venam..

groucho070
7th September 2010, 08:57 AM
[tscii:42f619b61d]Some updates

Madhavan not in Mani Ratnam's next

Actor R. Madhavan has denied reports that he will be starring opposite Vidya Balan in Mani Ratnam’s new film.

It was reported that after 'Raavan', Mani Ratnam is planning to cast the duo for his new love story.

While Madhavan, who is currently shooting for a reality show, claims to be completely unaware about it. He said, “No folks.. As much as I would love to, no film with Mani sir and Vidya Balan is in the offing. unfortunately,"

It can be recalled that Vidya and Madhavan’s onscreen chemistry was much talked about after they sizzled on screen in Mani Ratnam's ‘Guru’ and later they created the same magic in a series of television commercials.

http://movies.indiatimes.com/news-gossip/news/Madhavan-not-in-Mani-Ratnams-next/articleshow/6319404.cms[/tscii:42f619b61d]

groucho070
7th September 2010, 08:59 AM
How do I adjust the font and it sizes :evil:

Madhavan is a stylist now

Madhavan, who is usually happy to do everything that the Bollywood Badshah Shah Rukh Khan does (whether it is compering at an awards night or hosting a reality show), has now discovered that he has more hidden talents.

He has apparently turned stylist for his movie Tanu Weds Manu.

We've heard that during the initial look test the actor showed up with thick, black-rimmed glasses as part of his 'good boy' look. Honestly, such dedication has left the director of the film completely bowled over!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Madhavan-is-a-stylist-now/articleshow/6499147.cms

groucho070
7th September 2010, 08:59 AM
[tscii:56aab7314f]An adventure on Madhavan’s mind

Madhavan, who always wants to live life in an interesting way, is planning to take a motorbike trip across Europe with his friends.

If sources are to be believed, the actor would be taking a break from acting for some months for the trip. Four friends from Chennai, Mumbai and the United States would accompany him.

"The friends will be touring important places all over Europe for eighteen days in September. They will take a small break and continue their trip then," sources say.

"Going a long distance ride on a bike has always been a passion for Maddy. But he was unable to do so due to his professional commitments. Now, with the coming together of his friends, he is all set to start the journey," they maintain.

http://movies.indiatimes.com/news-gossip/regional/tamil/An-adventure-on-Madhavans-mind/articleshow/6467484.cms[/tscii:56aab7314f]

AudazJay
7th September 2010, 09:35 AM
[tscii:db1fa9a402]Apparently he's in Malaysia now.

ActorMadhavan

Folks.In a Place called Port Dickson in Malaysia.Fantastic place-Stories- History-Fab beaches forrests-Water Chalets-WOW
8:17 PM Sep 5th via Twitter for BlackBerry®

ActorMadhavan

Thick Forrests-A Fruit paradice-Exotic eateries-Even for Veggies close 2 home-Must visit if you ever can-Nope I can't sponcer ☹sry lol.
8:23 PM Sep 5th via Twitter for BlackBerry®

ActorMadhavan

Thunderstorm in KL ... Almost as good as the ones in Mumbai .
about 19 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® [/tscii:db1fa9a402]

raghavendran
11th September 2010, 11:07 PM
[tscii:de8c412073]An adventure on Madhavan’s mind

Madhavan, who always wants to live life in an interesting way, is planning to take a motorbike trip across Europe with his friends.

If sources are to be believed, the actor would be taking a break from acting for some months for the trip. Four friends from Chennai, Mumbai and the United States would accompany him.

"The friends will be touring important places all over Europe for eighteen days in September. They will take a small break and continue their trip then," sources say.

"Going a long distance ride on a bike has always been a passion for Maddy. But he was unable to do so due to his professional commitments. Now, with the coming together of his friends, he is all set to start the journey," they maintain.

http://movies.indiatimes.com/news-gossip/regional/tamil/An-adventure-on-Madhavans-mind/articleshow/6467484.cms[/tscii:de8c412073] 8-)

Sarna
4th October 2010, 01:07 PM
last few minutes of priyasakhi..... Madhavan-the actor :bow: :bow: sadhaa :o she too acted well :thumbsup:

MADDY
4th October 2010, 01:43 PM
Priyasakhi is a quite enjoyable movie actually :oops: :lol:

Sudarsh
7th October 2010, 08:15 AM
Happy to see a discussion on priyasakhi going on. I actuly saw the film in theatre and enjoyed it a lot. The first few scenes in the beginning with the hey na na na na na na nvm was awesome. Massy was looking so stylish in that film. I love the hotel scene between him and Sada, in that he says one dialogue mailainda spiderman Mari pakarain nu nanaikyathai :lol: The malayalee actor who comes as Sada's dad also acted well in this movie. By the way I spoke to maddy about the film and told him I loved it... During that time he was shooting for arya and he told me it did not go well. If you guys remember there is a website called galatta and many celebs used to come for live web cam chat in it like vikram, asin, maddy etc.

During ayazhtu ezhutu time he gave his yahoo I'd over there and since then I spoke a couple of times to him on yahoo. I think his best film to date in Tamil cinema is mouli's nama dhamyanthi! That was a hilarious movie I still can't forget scenes like the finger chips scene in Australia and another scene where maddy is in the aeroplane washroom and doesn't come out for an hour. And who could forget they are my father's rice balls scene also in australia. :lol:

Sudarsh
7th October 2010, 06:32 PM
Another enjoyable movie was Jay Jay .... i loved the way he followed the girl all around the mall and asked her for coffee it was hilarious! Kalabhavan Mani's comedy was also awesome!

Sudarsh
7th October 2010, 06:56 PM
Run was a lot of fun too... Vivek's comedy was chanceless and the first song picturization vada macha maddy danced really well with good expressions and lloved the lyrics.

Sudarsh
7th October 2010, 06:59 PM
Aethiree was also quite enjoyable especially madhavan and vivek's bottle mani comedy with delhi ganesh... was laughing the whole way :rotfl3:

MADDY
7th October 2010, 07:04 PM
ah, Aethiree was a riot - madhavan was so unlucky not to have had a hit there.....

all the song sequences imagined by delhi ganesh - chanceless :rotfl:

Sudarsh
7th October 2010, 07:22 PM
ah, Aethiree was a riot - madhavan was so unlucky not to have had a hit there.....

all the song sequences imagined by delhi ganesh - chanceless :rotfl:

ye man delhi ganesh is a class actor... the comedy in aeithiree is a lot better than some of the comedies in the movie these days... i loved that movie to the core used to be obesessed with maddy's bottle mani role. And vivek no words to describe him... the best comedian in india!

Sudarsh
7th October 2010, 07:31 PM
how many of you have spoken to maddy on his yahoo id?

Sudarsh
7th October 2010, 07:34 PM
yuvan's bottle mani theme is also very funny and the overall music in that movie by yuvan is decent! excellent acting from maddy, vivek, and delhi ganesh.

Sudarsh
7th October 2010, 07:44 PM
I hope he makes a stronger come back to tamil.

raghavendran
7th October 2010, 07:48 PM
sudarsh
keep it going..hehas acted in another 30 movies..give ur opinions on those too.. :D

Sudarsh
7th October 2010, 07:48 PM
manmadhan ambu will be maddy's and trisha's second movie after lesa lesa right?

MADDY
7th October 2010, 07:52 PM
how many of you have spoken to maddy on his yahoo id?

i think raghav has met him face-to-face.....

Sudarsh
7th October 2010, 07:54 PM
raghav, have u spoken to him on his yahoo id that he gave out on galatta chat? hes actually a real friendly and cool guy in reality too.

Sudarsh
7th October 2010, 08:01 PM
I liked Minnale also he acted very well as a romantic hero in that... chanceless is the rivalry between him and Abbas in that movie. Once again Vivek class as usual 8-)

raghavendran
7th October 2010, 08:01 PM
i have met him in 2001 dec...spoke to him for 15 mins and sent him off from radisson hotel..he was so cool and very friendly..he introduced his pet dog tiger to me and my frnds too... :D

Sudarsh
7th October 2010, 08:03 PM
i have met him in 2001 dec...spoke to him for 15 mins and sent him off from radisson hotel..he was so cool and very friendly..he introduced his pet dog tiger to me and my frnds too... :D

You are lucky :wink: :wink: ... I think he is the only actor who have his yahoo id away man on galatta celebrity chat.

raghavendran
7th October 2010, 08:05 PM

You are lucky :wink: :wink: ... I think he is the only actor who have his yahoo id away man on galatta celebrity chat.wats his yahoo id?..does he reply often?..u can try in twitter..he is mostly thr chatting wid his fans..he has over a lakh followers..he has even replied to our hubber virajan ..try that his idis actormadhavan

Sudarsh
7th October 2010, 08:07 PM

You are lucky :wink: :wink: ... I think he is the only actor who have his yahoo id away man on galatta celebrity chat.wats his yahoo id?..does he reply often?..u can try in twitter..he is mostly thr chatting wid his fans..he has over a lakh followers..he has even replied to our hubber virajan ..try that his idis actormadhavan

you can only type a sentence in twitter not more than that right? his yahoo id is rmaddy2000 and he actually came online a couple of times... ive spoken to him during arya shooting he said it wasn't goign well.

Sudarsh
7th October 2010, 08:09 PM
here is the source where i got it:

http://www.galatta.com/entertainment/halloffame/maddya.asp

Sudarsh
7th October 2010, 08:10 PM
vikram and asin have also been there before on galatta chat.

Sudarsh
11th October 2010, 07:30 PM
[tscii:8ad49dcdfb]Madhavan as a bad man
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, October 09, 2010]

Madhavan who refused to do ‘3 Idiots’ for Shankar could not do the same to Lingusamy. Lingusamy's next film ‘Vettai’ is a high profile film with Dhayanidhi Alagiri of Cloud Nine Movies in charge of the affairs.

Madhavan was approached to play a negative character role in ‘Vettai’ which has Arya and Tamannah in lead roles. According to sources Madhavan who first managed to avoid the Lingusamy film has been finally roped in to play the role.

Madhavan is not the one who wants to play only the important hero roles. He is an actor more than a star who keeps on experimenting with his talent. Madhavan has done negative shaded roles before like the one in ‘Aayutha Ezhuthu’.

If Mani Ratnam has a style, Lingusamy has a different style. So it will be interesting to see know Lingusamy has pitted Madhavan against Arya.[/tscii:8ad49dcdfb]

MADDY
11th October 2010, 08:20 PM
:(

viraajan
11th October 2010, 09:28 PM
:sigh2: