PDA

View Full Version : Laser Eye surgery

PARAMASHIVAN
12th July 2010, 08:45 PM
Has any one Had any 'Laser Eye surgery' or know of some one who had them to improve or correct the eye sight ?? If so please post your/ their personal experiences (advantages/ disadvantages) of such treatmeant.

Thanks

VinodKumar's
12th July 2010, 08:46 PM
Good thread Params :clap: :clap: :clap:

PARAMASHIVAN
12th July 2010, 08:47 PM
Good thread Params :clap: :clap: :clap:

:ty:

Pls post your views / experiences (if any)

pavalamani pragasam
12th July 2010, 08:52 PM
An efficient eyecare centre will gauge your condition and advise you appropriately. My daughter wears contact lens and wanted to go for laser surgery. But the centre advised against doing it for such small power. There are many who have done it without much adverse effects. Clarify whether night driving is difficult after doing it.

PARAMASHIVAN
12th July 2010, 08:57 PM
An efficient eyecare centre will gauge your condition and advise you appropriately. My daughter wears contact lens and wanted to go for laser surgery. But the centre advised against doing it for such small power. There are many who have done it without much adverse effects. Clarify whether night driving is difficult after doing it.

Thanks maam

I know my Local 'Optician' can verify whether it is safe to do the surgery or not, but I heard stories of patients going 'Partially' blind or getting a worse eye sight after such treatments :roll:

The thought of such issues are :shaking:

Rocky89
12th July 2010, 09:04 PM
are you talking about laser surgery to correct ur near/far sightedness?

Then i would say dont go for it, since the chance to get cataract or other eye problems from such surgeries is higher.

pavalamani pragasam
12th July 2010, 09:05 PM
There are definitely unhappy incidents due to hman error or something else. But that is a small percentage. If you are person who does not want to take any risk better avoid it. After all it is mainly cosmetic, practical inconvenience only a minor issue.

PARAMASHIVAN
12th July 2010, 09:21 PM
are you talking about laser surgery to correct ur near/far sightedness?
Then i would say dont go for it, since the chance to get cataract or other eye problems from such surgeries is higher.

yes Rocky.