PDA

View Full Version : Brahma Kumaris ?

PARAMASHIVAN
15th July 2010, 05:35 PM
Dear all

Has any one heard of this 'Spiritual institution called Brahma Kumaries? What are the philosophical views? I have seen few programs about them on 'Aastha TV (sky 807)' but was not able understand the philosophy as it was in an 'unknown' language to me (Hindi).

If you know any of the Philosophical views / teachings, pls elaborate here .

Thanks

anbu_kathir
16th July 2010, 10:50 AM
Paramashivan,

The spiritual views of the Brahmakumaris are not that different from SSRS or Jaggi Vasudev as far as I can infer. Another group which started of a man's personal enlightenment of sorts and now has grown in strength and exposure, that I trust does some good activities and has an all-embracing philosophy at their core. I personally could sense some spiritual potency when I listened to their current leader talk. You can of course find more about them online

Love and Light.

Dear all

Has any one heard of this 'Spiritual institution called Brahma Kumaries? What are the philosophical views? I have seen few programs about them on 'Aastha TV (sky 807)' but was not able understand the philosophy as it was in an 'unknown' language to me (Hindi).

If you know any of the Philosophical views / teachings, pls elaborate here .

Thanks

Sudhaama
2nd October 2010, 03:58 AM
[tscii:9240b30dee]

One of my close Relatives was a member of this Spiritual Association,

I too was a part of the INNOCENT SUFFERERS

--indirectly and UNDULY

How far Good and apt for the Current Era MANKIND.?

-- although intended and CLAIMED as--

---SPIRITUAL-EMANCIPATION.!

Advocating CELIBACY & ANTI-MARRIAGE.!

--forcing indirect SEPARATION of Husband and Wife.

--practically a SAINTLY LIFE.!

-- A Serious Matter of SOCIAL CONCERN.!

No doubt, by THEORY its Aims, Objectives and Scope

--QUITE IMPRESSIVE, for a perfunctory Onlooker, INITIALLY.

But practically for IMPLEMENTATION.?

For example, I know as to how much unnecessary problems in Life, it lead into One Family,

--due to the Onslaughts of its STRINGENT Regulations & Code of Practice--

--countering and defying the LAW OF NATURE.!

Impracticable for a Common-man, especially for an Employee Professional.

This International Organization was founded by One Spiritualist North-Indian, with Head-quarters at Mount Abu, near Mumbai and has spread over the whole of India and overseas too.

Salient Principles in brief

Appreciable Stipulations:

1.Must practice strict Honesty, Integrity and Clean Character

2.Must always ensure TRI-PURITY by Thought, Speech and Deeds.

3.Must become a TETOTALLER… free from Alcohol and such Narcotic drugs.

4.The Spirit of UNIVERSAL LOVE, backed by the concept of GLOBAL FRATERNITY, must be inwardly nursed and developed by means of Self-Endeavour

5.Must eschew Violence by any and all means.

6.Be a STRICT VEGETARIAN

7.Man has to uplift oneself SPIRITUALLY, to deserve to be called as Mankind.

8.Such Emancipation can be achieved only by frequent Meditation which Spiritual- process alone can ensure Mutual- linking the Human-Soul with the Supreme Soul power, God.

No Comments on---

9.God has NO FORM or Shape. He is an All-pervading ABSTRACT POWER.!!!

10.Worship of any Object and prostrating at any Man are forbidden.

11.All pervading Supreme God is the Parandhaam LORD SHIV Paramaathma.!

Where does the dispute starts.?

12.Can practice any Religion. Or No Religion.

13.MARRIAGE is an UNNECESSARY BURDEN. So prefer to be UNMARRIED.

14.SEXUAL RELATION is a SIN. So if you are already married, must take an Oath, that You will not indulge in Sexual Relation at all in future, EVER IN LIFE.!

The other Partner Wife or Husband must personally promise at the Brahma-kumari Ashram and declare in writing to strictly abide by due co-operation with the other.

15.The body housing the Soul becomes impure or sullied, by passing stools. So every time after Toilet, must take bath…

... irrespective of number of times, even in case of Illness of lose motions, Diarrhea or Purging.

.[/tscii:9240b30dee]

PARAMASHIVAN
2nd November 2010, 09:53 PM
Bhrama kumaris regard Baba Shiv as the supreme soul . I have watched few of their episodes, but I feel they kind of teach how to deal with day to day problems rather than understand your true being.

Out of all these inistitues I find Sadguru Jaggi vasudev teaching to be the 'ONLY' rational and logical teaching, the rest are just based on human emotions

Sudhaama
2nd November 2010, 10:39 PM

Bhrama kumaris regard Baba Shiv as the supreme soul . I have watched few of their episodes, but I feel they kind of teach how to deal with day to day problems rather than understand your true being.

... just based on human emotions

Dear Paramashiva,

I don't understand you.

If anybody wants to believe the God SHIV as the Supreme... well they can very well believe and practice so.

Not only the Lord Siva, there are other varied sorts of devotees also... even within the same Religion of VEDIC FAITH... so called Hinduism...

...named as SAKTHAS who believe the Lord Kaali as the Supreme PARAMESWARI....

.... and such others eg. Kaumaraas, Gaanapathyas, Sauras, Swaabaavikaas and so on.

So, Others should have NO OBJECTION... Nor interfere in their PERSONAL Freedom of Faith.

But what is PERPLEXIVE to me, is how this HUMAN SOUL-EMANCIPATOR Organisation...

... preach and practice a Faith Soul-concept... in the name of Shiv, the KAMESWARA...

...quite CONTRARY TO SAIVISM Basics itself.!

Yes. According to Saivism, SEXUAL RELATION is NOT A SIN.!

One of the several Concepts of Sivalingam shape comprising of AAUVUDAIYAAR plus the main LINGAM...

... exhibits to Mankind that the SEX IS HOLY.... and NOT A SIN.

One of the several Names of the Lord Siva is KAAMESWARAN...

...and the Name of PARVATHI as KAMESHWARI.

They equally convey by ONE OF ITS SEVERAL MEANINGS linking with the SEX SENSE of Male-Female Union only.

The Great Epic KUMARASAMBHAVAM on the birth of the Lord Muruga, elaborately describes...

...such a deep sense of HOLINESS OF SEX

God Siva could have created or got created the Lord Subrahmanya even without SEXUAL RELATIONS.

But all the Epics on Muruga clearly establish that Lord Muruga was born by means of only the SEXUAL RELATIONS by His Parents Siva-Parvathi.

Brigu rishi brought out to the World AAVUDAI-LINGAM,

...the Holy Symbolism of Siva-Parvathi... INSEPARABLE UNISON FORM.

So according to Vedic Religion... SEX IS HOLY... and NOT SINFUL.

Only the Mankind becomes the SINNER by UNHOLY MEANS....

...under the PERVERTED Banner of Sex.!

PARAMASHIVAN
2nd November 2010, 11:04 PM
Sudhama sir

I am not bothered about whether Shiva is supreme or Shakhty is supreme or Jesus is supreme. I just simply said that!

I also said that BK mainly deals with day to day 'Material life' matters, which defies all the logic of creation. I also mentioned sad guru speaks logical aspect of the creator and the creation.

Regarding sex, it is meant for reproduction purposes, hence can not be called sinful, but when used for purposes other than reproduction it is not sinful

More on this later,

Sudhaama
3rd November 2010, 12:11 AM

I also said that BK mainly deals with day to day 'Material life' matters, which defies all the logic of creation.

Regarding sex,

...it is meant for reproduction purposes,

...hence can not be called sinful,

...but when used for purposes...

... other than reproduction, it is not sinful

Your statements are SELF-CONTRADICTORY.! May be a Typographical Error on one word "NOT"

You mean Sex...SINFUL.?.... Or not sinful.?

My MAIN POINTs of Stand on this Brahma-Kumari Mission are Two.

(1) Is Sexual-Relation... SINFUL?... UNHOLY ACT.?

(2) How and Why the Human Excretion of Stools is considered as POLLUTION to Body or Soul.?...

...necessitating BATH Everytime after SOLID WASTE EXCRETION only.?

In the SOUL-EMANCIPATION Scope of this Organisation, is PASSING STOOLS in anyway different from URINATION., Spitting, Vomit...

... and such other BODY-WASTES to be cleared off and eliminated from Body... Time to time.?

...as provided by Nature.?

Regarding Sex... I am sorry to differ with the Concept of BRAHMA-KUMARIS...

My stand is based on Science and Vedic Concept.

Sexual-Relation is NOT MEANT... NOR INTENDED for REPRODUCTION purposes ONLY.

But also in the interest of BODILY WELL-BEING...

...including SOUL Conservation of One UNIQUE SORT of Human pursuit on Life.

But it does not mean MAD SEX.!

...Nor a Justification for IMMORAL CHARACTER of Mankind the SUPREME CREATURE..!

Sudhaama
3rd November 2010, 03:13 PM

Sexual Relation : Not Sinful, but DIVINE by Soul-sense.!

Important IKA-BHOGAM (Earthly PLEASURE)

Lord Siva by Lingam is an EMBODIMENT of JOY.!!!

...according to VEDIC SCRIPTURES.!

That is why, the Marriage is conducted by Hindus as the most grand scale event in anybodys WHOLE Life

DISCIPLINED SEX .... from SIXTEEN to SIXTY Years of age of Male, is stipulated.

Yes. The Sashti-abdha poorthi celebration for the Parents at the Fathers Birthday anniversary of 60 year age...

...indicates RECOGNITION of several MALE-FEMALE UNISON senses...

...IMPORTANT of which is the Successful practice of Mating.

FIRST NIGHT on the Marriage day.

LAST NIGHT on Sashtiabda poorthi day.

UNMARRIED Life or Celebacy is a REAL PUNISHMENT... a Saintly Life.!

Vedas do not wish nor stipulate that SEX IS A SIN.

Sex-practice is the NORMAL PART OF LIFE... like Eating, Sleeping etc.

Rather a part of LIFE-CYCLE.

Lord Siva by Lingam is an EMBODIMENT of Joy.

And one more INTERESTING POINT.

By having Sex... the TRULY MUTUAL LOVING concerned Husband and Wife Two Souls get closer and united towards their Joint well-being,

...earning the DIVINE GRACE.

Practically found TRUE.!!!

PARAMASHIVAN
3rd November 2010, 03:28 PM
I am not contradicting, I am saying sex is meant for reproduction purpose only! It is not a must , without that you can live, but without eating , sleeping, drinking you can not!

Regarding this Lingam symbolism, it is very sad to see some illicit assumptions by the westerners. After all an object can be seen as anything , it is all existing in your mind. Sorry I am not willing to discuss on this aspect any furrther

Sudhaama
3rd November 2010, 03:44 PM
I am not contradicting,

No doubt, Your stand is TOTALLY A CONTRADICTION with mine.

I understand we differ by Views.

I am saying sex is meant for reproduction purpose only!

It is not a must , without that you can live, but without eating , sleeping, drinking you can not!

No. i stand by what I have already said... basing on Science and Vedic Scriptures.

Sorry I am not willing to discuss on this aspect any furrther

I have said what all I have got to say on this Thread about Brahmakumari mission.

So far it was a DISCUSSION. Further if we continue... it will be an ARGUMENT...

...which sort of ANTAGONISTIC approach, I dislike and avoid with Friends.

Let us put an end to this part of diversion towards Sex thoughts under this SOUL-EMANCIPATION Scope.

PARAMASHIVAN
3rd November 2010, 06:33 PM

:lol: well said ! makes perfect rational sense!

Sudhaama
3rd November 2010, 08:49 PM

Dear PARAMASIVA, Please think over what the God Parama-Siva said and showed... by DEMONSTRATION too.

..especially THIRUNEELAKANTA Nayanmar... who adopted celebacy BRAHMACHARYAM, even after Marriage.!

You know that Episode's End Lesson... and GUIDANCE TO HUMANITY about the Marriage Concept and Commitment... laid down by God.!

..which sense corroborates with Scientific truth too!

PARAMASHIVAN
3rd November 2010, 09:21 PM
I know sudhama sir, I was just joking :)

Sudhaama
3rd November 2010, 10:04 PM

Deepavali Concept...

...depicted by Marriage Sense too.

I for my Society... MY Society for me.!!!

I for You... You for Me.!

Dear PARAMASIVA,

I will be pained to note any of my Friend's FRUSTRATION...

...the Background sense of such a Conclusion against the BASIC WORTH and purpose of Marriage alliance itself as LIFE-PARTNER.

Irrespective of Religious stipulations by any and all Religions...

..let us consider SCIENTIFICALLY and by SOCIAL ASPECT also.

Not only you... there are many persons in the current era, who come to such a DRASTIC CONCLUSION...

...Defying the very concept of Marriage in any Humans Life.

Yes. We have learnt the Lesson on Marriage, in the context of contemporary days too.

Life of any Individual can be MADE AND IMPROVED by another Individual

But the Converse Logic cannot be applicable.

So to say... One person's Life should not be allowed to be UNMADE by any one other ONE INDIVIDUAL.

Yes. By a Single BITTER EXPERIENCE with just One Individual UNWORTHY PARTNER,

....we should not condemn the whole DEEP SENSE of HUMAN-VALUES by means of Marriage of RIGHT MATCHED Couple.

If the Nut does not suit the Bolt...

...CHANGE the Nut.!

But DON'T REJECT either the Bolt OR the ENGINE.

. .

PARAMASHIVAN
4th November 2010, 04:25 PM
Let's stick to the topic please :)

Sudhaama
4th November 2010, 04:41 PM

Let's stick to the topic please :)

Yes. I am very much on the Topic only only....

...especially replying to your contradiction, supporting the IMPRACTICABLE CONCEPT ....

...Defying the DIVINE LAW OF NATURE.... Stipulated by God, as observed in Reality too by His SILENT LANGUAGE by action.

So I have to describe and JUSTIFY BY REASONING, as to why and on what GROUNDS I have to repudiate on this Organisation's approach on the BASICS OF HUMANITY itself.

It is shocking for me to know the policy of this organisation to condemn the Divine concept of Marriage itself...

..as also insisting on separation of Husband and Wife.

Is it fair for anybody to render such an undue PUNISHMENT to any Married couple...

...in the Name of SOUL UPLIFT.????

I vehemently object on these two aspects only... mainly because I was one of the WORST SUFFERERS because my close Relative was a Member staunch follower

Consequently I had to face all his problems, including the Marriages of his Two Daughters and One Son.

So I have to convey to the WORLD SOCIETY the Truth and EVENTUAL Reality...

...caused by the OUT-DATED Principle of this Organisation on the Two aspects only I have to highlight to the People who may be interested to know the Other side.

PARAMASHIVAN
31st May 2011, 03:39 PM
I went to their talk yesterday in London, dadi Janki was the guest of honour! Their teaching seems more emotional approach to enlightenment than rational approach!

SoftSword
31st May 2011, 03:58 PM
what do u mean by rational approach?

PARAMASHIVAN
31st May 2011, 04:08 PM
what do u mean by rational approach?

Logical Understanding of the Creator and the Creation

SoftSword
31st May 2011, 04:25 PM
I don see how we can logically understand the creation.

PARAMASHIVAN
31st May 2011, 04:48 PM
I don see how we can logically understand the creation.

True, but one can understand him self about his true being.

SoftSword
31st May 2011, 05:06 PM
True, but one can understand him self about his true being.

:confused2:

anbu_kathir
31st May 2011, 05:25 PM
:confused2:

LOL. Adhavudhu enna solraar na.. thannai thaanE therinjukalaamnu.. aka .. naan yaar

PARAMASHIVAN
31st May 2011, 05:39 PM
LOL. Adhavudhu enna solraar na.. thannai thaanE therinjukalaamnu.. aka .. naan yaar

தெய்வமே உங்கள் காலை தொட்டு வணங்குகிறேன் :lol:

SoftSword
31st May 2011, 05:53 PM

adhu purinjadhu....
adhula enga logic irukkunu dhaan puriyala..

anbu_kathir
1st June 2011, 09:30 AM
Paramashivan :P.

adhu purinjadhu....
adhula enga logic irukkunu dhaan puriyala..

Take an object in the world. What are its fundamental properties? What is its relationship with the world? Why is it the way it is? ... If one applies accurate inference and logical reasoning to answer these questions, that is science, or shall we say, pure science.

Take consciousness (that in oneself which says "I am", i.e., that which informs oneself that one exists, i.e., the capacity to be anything, i.e., the awareness that is aware of any particular thing). Ask the same questions as above. What are its fundamental properties? What is the relationship of this to the world? etc. etc. Trying to answering these questions with logical reasoning and proper inference is the way of Jnana Yoga prescribed in Vedaantha. One can easily start to answer these questions in a rudimentary way. Then one measures the validity of these answers with experience, and refines it. This keeps happening until ______. Isn't this "logical"?

SoftSword
1st June 2011, 02:51 PM
yes, but when i try to answer this nowhere is the answer related to true self or divine self.

PARAMASHIVAN
1st June 2011, 03:05 PM
Kathir

Thanks for answering on behalf of me :)

anbu_kathir
1st June 2011, 03:22 PM
yes, but when i try to answer this nowhere is the answer related to true self or divine self.
My first question is " What answer do you get when you try to answer such questions? ".

As for about the "true self" or "divine self", what do you mean by a "true self" or a "divine self" here ? No doubt, one may have some ideas about such things. One may even have an agreement or a disagreement with such ideas/definitions. But a person practising Jnana Yoga is not to stop at any such definition. All such ideas about divinity , Atman,God, all are mere concepts to such a person. What is the use of a concept? It is yet another idea in the mind possessed by the individual. In other words, it is yet another "name-form" which comes into "awareness". Jnana Yoga is not concerned about such names and forms, it is concerned about this awareness in which such name and form appear.

We therefore begin with only one self-evident and completely non-verifiable statement (in a scientific sense). In the process of such "self-enquiry" there arises now several questions.

1. Who is trying to answer these questions about awareness? If an answer appears as to "What Awareness Is" (in other words, naan yaar), in whose awareness does it appear?
2. Is there a possessor of this awareness, i.e., is awareness a property of an individual, i.e., did an individual exist before there was awareness?
3. If the answer to Q2 is yes, how does one become aware of this individual (i.e., how does one know the answer is "yes" to Q2) ? (Obviously awareness is a prerequisite for becoming aware of anything, so there seems to be a contradiction)

.. and so on.

icuxbap
7th December 2011, 04:57 PM
Dear all

If you know any of the Philosophical views / teachings, pls elaborate here.

We expose all Brahma Kumaris teachings and behaviour, including the teachings they keep hidden from the public, mainly in English at this website:

BrahmaKumaris.Info (http://brahmakumaris.info)

In short, the Brahma Kumaris are a spiritualist cult, a religion involved in spirit worship, who use words and names taken from Hinduism to con Hindus into joining them. They believe their founder was possessed by a god spirit, which they claim is the god of all religions, which spoke through him establishing a new religion based on ideas taken from Hinduism, Islam, Sikh and Christianity.

They believe the world is only 5,000 years old. That time repeats identically every 5,000 years. That very shortly the world must be destroyed and 7,000,000,000 people die in nuclear holocaust, civil wars and natural disasters so that they, and they alone, can inherit a pure heaven on earth; and that their leaders will become Emperors and royal families there. They even believe they are inspiring it and will "give courage" to bring about the final "Destruction".

For 70 years their god spirit, for whom they have taken the of name Shiva, has been making false predictions about when this Destruction will happen. The leaders hide this from newcomers and exploit them for free labour, money and property on the same empty promises of a high status in heaven.

Their uneducated but millionaire business founder, Lekhraj Kripalani died. Now they claim his ghost and the god spirit possess a spirit medium in Mount Abu and speaks through her.

They believe Lekhraj Kripalani will become Krishna in his next birth and Narayan when he is crowned Emperor. They believe he is God Brahma, and becomes Vishnu and Shankar. They believe he is Adam and the Father of Humanity. They even believe he is the man responsible for The Fall of humanity from heaven to hell. In fact, Lekhraj Kripalani taught this is himself and for the first 18 years of the religion, he taught he was Prajapati God Brahma. There was no mention of any God Shiva coming down and being inside him.

The Brahma Kumaris have been splitting families apart for 70 years. They take money, property, gold and jewellery. They even take young girls' dowries and keep them as servants for life.

The Brahma Kumaris are spiritual failures. They have claim "Destruction", and the end of the old world, would happen in WWII, 1950, 1976, mid-1980s to 1990s and Year 2000. And yet this year they "celebrate" 75 years of existence. They lie and deceive to anyone and spend most of their time boasting about how great they are, how the United Nations supports them and so on. It is not true.

If you want more information, please ask.

icuxbap
7th December 2011, 05:04 PM
I went to their talk yesterday in London, dadi Janki was the guest of honour! Their teaching seems more emotional approach to enlightenment than rational approach!
What you hear at public events is not the true teachings. It is just a soft sell designed to suck you in and cook you slowly.

There is very little to no deep and rational thought at the Brahma Kumaris. In fact, Janki Kirpalani's code is "don't think ... don't ask questions".

Their philosophy is based on acceptance via repetition of simple, ludicrous ideas. They believe Janki Kirpalani to be one of the 8 top souls in the world, twice as spiritual as Christ, Buddha, Mohammed and even moreso than any Iron Age saints like Paramhansa, Vivekanada etc who they consider to be ignorant shudras.

Shudras is their word for all non-BKs.

They believe only they are the true Brahmins and enlightened, everyone else are Shudras and unself-realised. They believe that no one has gained enlightenment or liberation and no one else is capable except by following their path. They believe all religious leaders MUST come to them to gain it and all religious leaders have become impure and are with us now having reincarnated time and time again becoming lower and lower.

PARAMASHIVAN
14th December 2011, 02:48 PM
Dear Bhrama kumaris info.

Like I mentioned above their teachings Lacked any rational/logical answers! It is rather about how one finds answer to his/her domestic problems, which has nothing to do one's true being or spirituality.