PDA

View Full Version : The Most Sensational Debut - Directors

hub rap
20th July 2010, 02:38 AM
Hope you guys find this interesting.

Find below some pretty good movies by directors on their debut. In case I have missed any, please message me just the name of the movie you would like to be included. For familiarity's and comparability's sake, let us include movies from 16 Vayathinilae only.

Here is how the thread will progress:
To begin with, there will not be any posts discussing the merits or goof-ups of movies. Each of us will rate the movies listed in a secret-ballot type system. Message me the ratings. This is to avoid the impact of one's ratings on somebody else who would rate later. The average score for a movie will decide the winner. If you haven't watched a movie or do not remember much from a movie, please refrain from voting.

After everyone has sent the scores, the ratings by each member and the aggregate figures will be revealed. Only then discussions will begin. The discussions as usual can be used for canvassing one's favorite movie or bash someone's ratings. When the discussions reaches a point of saturation, another poll of the same kind will be conducted. Expecting the discussions to be constructive and enlightening, positions of the movies are bound to change in the final rating. The change in positions in the final standings will be attributed to the hub imparted educated rating. A poll of the regular binary type will also be conducted to see how different it is from this result.

The following will be revealed in the end
The Most hyped movie - The movie that made the biggest drop in score
The Most underrated movie - The movie that made the biggest jump in score
Everyone's favorite - Should arrive using variance and average in scores
And perhaps much more based on your suggestions...

Please use your judgment rather than box office records to rate.
Movies:
16 Vayathinile - Bharathiraja
23-M Pulikesi - Chimbudevan
Aanandham - Lingusaamy
Aval Appadithan - Rudraiah
Avathaaram - Naser
Azhagi - Thankar Bachan
Azhagiya Theeye - Radha Mohan
Bharathi Kannamma - Cheran
Chennai - 600028 - Venkat Prabhu
Chithiram Pesuthadi - Myskin
Dheena - Murugadoss
Eeram - Arivazhagan
Emttan Magan - Thirumurugan
Gentleman - Shankar
Gopurangal Saaivadhillai - Manivannan
Hey Ram - Kamal Haasan
Idhayam - Kathir
Iyarkai - Jananaadhan
Kaadhal Konden - Selvaraghavan
Kaadhal Mannan - Saran
Kalavaani - Sarkunam
Kanda Naal Mudhal - Priya
Kanni Raasi - Pandiyarajan
Keladi Kanmani - Vasanth
Katradhu Tamizh - Raam
Love Today - Bala Shekaran
Minnale - Gautham Menon
Minsara Kanavu - Rajeev Menon
Moga Mul - Gnanasekaran
Mounam Pesiyadhe - Ameer
Mullum Malarum - Mahendran
Oomai Vizhigal - Aravindraj
Oru Thalai Raagam - T Rajendar
Pallavi Anu Pallavi - Mani Ratnam
Pasanga - Pandiraj
Payanangal Mudivathillai - Sundararajan
Polladhavan - Vetrimaaran
Poove Poo Choodava - Fazil
Pudhiya Paadhai - Paarthipan
Pudhu Vasantham - Vikraman
Pulan Visaaranai - Selvamani
Puriyaadha Pudhir - Ravikumar
Sethu - Bala
Sollaamale - Sasi
Subramaniapuram - Sasi Kumar
Suvarillaadha Chithirangal - Bakiaraj
Tamizh - Hari
Thullaadha manamum thullum - Ezhil
Vaali - S J Surya
Vennilaa Kabadi Kuzhu - Suseendran
Virumbugiren - Susi Ganesan

app_engine
20th July 2010, 03:03 AM
hub rap - some observations:

-avvai was not KSR's first movie, he did a few before and does not qualify

-pallavi anupallavi in not Thamizh movie and shouldn't be in this forum. pagal nilavu should be the one for MR

-payaNangaL mudivadhillai of R Sundarrajan is missing, should not be ignored as it was a remarkable debut of a very successful director

app_engine
20th July 2010, 03:07 AM
By "rating" what do you mean?

Is it in a scale (say 1 to 10 for each) or relative (means ranking your list)?

Dilbert
20th July 2010, 03:20 AM
Oh sh!#T I thought for a moment "the Most sensual" :oops: :lol:

venkkiram
20th July 2010, 09:07 AM
விடுபட்டு போனவையாக நான் நினைப்பது..

புது வசந்தம்
கேளடிக் கண்மணி
ராஜபார்வை
இதயம்
லவ் டுடே
சொல்லாமலே
மோகமுள்
ஊமை விழிகள்
அவதாரம்
ஈரம்
கேப்டன் பிரபாகரன்

Sarna
20th July 2010, 09:53 AM
TR with oru thalai raagam 8-)

Hari with Tamizh

Parthiban with Pudhiya paadhai

Pandiya rajan with kanni rasi

K Bagyaraj with Bama rukmani

Agathian with Vanmathi

Saran with kadhal mannan

Shanker with gentleman

Vikraman with Pudhuvasandham

what is Kamal's first directoral venture :think:

PARAMASHIVAN
20th July 2010, 03:54 PM

Hari with Tamizh

Agathian with Vanmathi

Saran with kadhal mannan

Shanker with gentleman

Hey Ram :roll:

Avadi to America
20th July 2010, 06:27 PM

Hari with Tamizh

Agathian with Vanmathi

Saran with kadhal mannan

Shanker with gentleman

i think bhagyaraj's first movie is suvarilatha sithirangal.....

Siv.S
20th July 2010, 06:33 PM
Yes,that was his first directed movie.he done screenplay for Kanni paruvathiley before that.

P_R
20th July 2010, 06:42 PM
கேளடிக் கண்மணி
அவ்வளோ அழுத்தமா சொன்னாதான் கேப்பாங்க போல :P j/k

P_R
20th July 2010, 06:45 PM
ராஜபார்வை Singeetham directed many Telegu films before this.

கேப்டன் பிரபாகரன் SelvamaNi's debut was pulan visAraNai

app_engine
20th July 2010, 06:51 PM
On paper, OTR's director is not TR (though he did it without credit as the producer Ibrahim chose to place his name in the titles, as per those who saw the shooting etc in Mayavaram).

However, going by credits, it may not qualify. His official first one was 'vasantha azhaippugaL', terrible flop. He recovered almost immediately with 'rayil payaNangaLil'.

Plum
20th July 2010, 06:55 PM
ராஜபார்வை Singeetham directed many Telegu films before this.

It is not even his Tamil debut. Apart from other movies, I think he did Iru NilavugaL(unless it is a dubbed version of sommokkadidhi, sOkkokkadidhi).
Did he direct dhikkatra pArvathi? (I might be way off the mark, probably by decades just thinking aloud on vague memory).

app_engine
20th July 2010, 06:59 PM
Did he direct dhikkatra pArvathi?

Yes! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singeetam_Srinivasa_Rao)

The comedy is some Kamal fans calling him "benAmi" of KH :-)

venkkiram
20th July 2010, 07:13 PM
ராஜபார்வை Singeetham directed many Telegu films before this.ராஜ் கமலின் முதல் படம். ராஜ பார்வை கமலின் இயக்கத்தில் முதல் படம் என்பதாகவே நினைவுக் குறிப்பில் இதுவரை இருந்து வருகிறது. என்ன செய்ய? மாற்றிக்கொள்ள முயற்சி செய்கிறேன்.

கேப்டன் பிரபாகரன் SelvamaNi's debut was pulan visAraNaiபதிவு செய்யும்போதே, சந்தேகம் இருந்தது. நன்றி.

venkkiram
20th July 2010, 07:15 PM
Did he direct dhikkatra pArvathi?

Yes! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singeetam_Srinivasa_Rao)

The comedy is some Kamal fans calling him "benAmi" of KH :-)

Yes. I am the one. Especially when kamal involves in screen play.

app_engine
20th July 2010, 07:31 PM
Yes. I am the one.
நீங்க மட்டுமில்ல வெங்கிராம், விக்கிபீடியாவில் எழுதினவங்களும் அந்த வதந்தியைப்போட்டிருக்காங்க.

எனக்கென்னமோ சிங்கீதத்தில் விஷயத்தில் அது சரியாப்படலை.

எது எப்படி இருந்தாலும், திரைக்கதை etc <> டைரக்ஷன் :-)

As a comparison, MGR's movies had a lot of input from him -idealogies / choice of songs / music / storyline / locations / heroines etc but he didn't choose to place himself as the director for all. Only for some - like USV.

Would you call Sridhar as MGR's benami for urimaikkural?

HonestRaj
20th July 2010, 07:50 PM
80's commercial director enge... Manivannan'oda debut edhu?

app_engine
20th July 2010, 07:52 PM

கோபுரங்கள் சாய்வதில்லை - மோகன் / ராதா / சுஹாசினி - என்று நினைக்கிறேன்.

hub rap
20th July 2010, 09:31 PM
Superlative-la title vachchum 41 padam vandhiruchchu. Ignoring chachi-420, Hey Ram has been included adding inconvenience to other movies.

I am not sure about Gopurangal saaivadhillai, oru thalai raagam and payanangal mudivathillai - can someone cofirm?

hub rap
20th July 2010, 09:42 PM
ratings anuppunga makkalE. Start Music.

app_engine
20th July 2010, 09:45 PM
payaNangaL mudivadhillai (1982)
Agmark R Sundarrajan padam and his first.

Also the first for "motherland pictures" who went on to produce a number of musicals. This was the first to have IR on posters, with a caption "இளையராஜாவின் இன்னிசை மழையில்".

And, I was in college first year :-)

It was a decent movie with 7 phenomenal songs of IR (SPB sang all of them with SJ duetting for two), and a silver jubilee hit.

Actors - Mohan -who went on to get a 'mike' reputation, which started in this movie / Poornima Jayaram (now Poornima Bagyaraj) / S V Sekhar / Goundamani

Do you need more details?

hub rap
20th July 2010, 09:50 PM
Would I want more?

Wanted to validate these movies. But, couldn't do anywhere on the web. Oru confirmation-kku dhaan kEttEn. Mannichidunga vaathiyaarE!

FYI - appO naan porakkavE illa

What about Gopurangal saaivadhillai and oru thalai raagam?

app_engine
20th July 2010, 10:15 PM
hub rap,
Like I mentioned before, oru thalai rAgam was a TR baby but he was NOT credited as the director.

The posters had the name EM Ibrahim as the producer-director. Also the music credit was shared with AA Raj who possibly did the arrangements and whose orchestra was used (the titles / posters had music as Rajendran-AA Raj). (Just for info - the Ibrahim-AA Raj combo did another movie called 'thaNiyAdha dhAgam' that wasn't successful.)

Manivannan was assistant of BR before becoming an independent director and per my memory gOpurangaL sAyvadhillai was the first. I don't know if he had done any movie prior to that. This movie was a moderate success (Suhasini's ugly make-up / thEL kodukku sadai etc were talked about quite a bit, a few decent IR songs with 'Em purushan thAn, enakku mattum dhAn' criticized for 'dhum mErA dhum' resemblance for first line's tune)

Sarna
20th July 2010, 10:23 PM

arukkaani suhasini'yaa :lol: Suhasini was really damn good in this movie :)
Mohan was hilariously funny in this movie :rotfl:

enjoyable movie :D

hub rap
20th July 2010, 10:25 PM
Let the baby stay where it should. Oru thalai raagam stays.

Since app_engine is not very sure of GS, somebody please confirm.

app_engine
20th July 2010, 10:26 PM
Even Robert-Rajashekar, who handled camera for oru thalai rAgam were claiming some ownership (for director's chair).

Their next movie, pAlaivanachchOlai was a big hit (Suhasini + a number of heroes) as well.

For the "first-timers", I think Bharathy-Vasu's 'panneer pushpangaL' should be considered as well. This was a big hit, decent movie. Nice music / songs. Suresh / Shanti Krishna made their entry too and Pratap had a key role on screen.

Both the directors (Santhana)Bharathy (gunA / mahAnadhi) & P.Vasu (mannan / chandramukhi) became famous as well.

Unfortunately, SB, because of closeness to Kamal / acting in small roles in his movies etc, never had any share of glory for gunA / mahAnadhi. People call him benAmi of Kamal too :-(

One wonders what stopped KH to put his name on these movies, and in the case of rAjapArvai, if such claims are true :?

hub rap
20th July 2010, 10:30 PM

arukkaani suhasini'yaa :lol: Suhasini was really damn good in this movie :)
Mohan was hilariously funny in this movie :rotfl:

enjoyable movie :D

Yeah, when Mohan is taken into custody when he goes to fetch her slippers, for instance. Mohan is one terribly under-rated actor! Suhasini is not bad either.

Sarna
20th July 2010, 10:31 PM
One wonders what stopped KH to put his name on these movies, as in the case of rAjapArvai, if such claims are true :?

Kamal knows that he didnt direct those movies :)

app_engine
20th July 2010, 10:34 PM
One wonders what stopped KH to put his name on these movies, and in the case of rAjapArvai, if such claims are true :?

That's correct, IMO as well:-)

Now, why should KH fans go to the extent of polluting Singeetham's wikipedia?

hub rap
20th July 2010, 10:38 PM
Chennai 28, Sooriyan and Chithiram pEsuthadi - added to the list.

littlemaster1982
20th July 2010, 10:41 PM
Pavithran's first film is Vasantha Kaala Paravaigal, IIRC.

tamizharasan
20th July 2010, 10:43 PM
Please add all directors to the list because the debuted at one point of time.

hub rap
20th July 2010, 10:44 PM
Pavithran's first film is Vasantha Kaala Paravaigal, IIRC.
Thookiyaachu :ashamed: Thanks.

HonestRaj
20th July 2010, 10:49 PM

sensational directors...

tamizharasan
20th July 2010, 10:51 PM

sensational directors...

Every director is sensational for somebody. Atleast that is the way all nominations look here. So why don't we add all of them.

Vivasaayi
20th July 2010, 10:53 PM
SB, because of closeness to Kamal / acting in small roles in his movies etc, never had any share of glory for gunA / mahAnadhi. People call him benAmi of Kamal too

Kamal stopped from him from making movies eh?

"eeii....vera engayavadhu poyi padam pannaa...mavaneee" :lol:

Regarding kamal fans ascribing the quality of lots of his movies to kamal haasans skills - He was the "writer" of most of the movies. A film is made by the writer and director.

He is NOT just an actor.

Siv.S
20th July 2010, 10:54 PM
Virumbugiren was first film by Susi ganesan,not Five star.

Siv.S
20th July 2010, 10:55 PM
... He was the "writer" of most of the movies. A film is made by the writer and director.

He is NOT just an actor.

:exactly:

tamizharasan
20th July 2010, 10:56 PM
SB, because of closeness to Kamal / acting in small roles in his movies etc, never had any share of glory for gunA / mahAnadhi. People call him benAmi of Kamal too

Kamal stopped from him from making movies eh?

"eeii....vera engayavadhu poyi padam pannaa...mavaneee" :lol:

Regarding kamal fans ascribing the quality of lots of his movies to kamal haasans skills - He was the "writer" of most of the movies. A film is made by the writer and director.

He is NOT just an actor.

I tend to agree with app_engine here.
App_engine
Even Hey Ram and Virumaandi are SB's chella babies. Because I see some similarity between these two movies and mahanadhi and Guna. Only outlier is Panneer pushpangal and it may be cute baby of Vachu then.

HonestRaj
20th July 2010, 10:58 PM

sensational directors...

Every director is sensational for somebody. Atleast that is the way all nominations look here. So why don't we add all of them.

saringa.. add pannikkanga

hub rap
20th July 2010, 11:00 PM
By "rating" what do you mean?

Is it in a scale (say 1 to 10 for each) or relative (means ranking your list)?

On a scale of 1 to 10

Vivasaayi
20th July 2010, 11:01 PM
16 vayadhinile must be the most "effective" debut by a tamil director.

Vivasaayi
20th July 2010, 11:02 PM
Add Katradhu Thamizh please

app_engine
20th July 2010, 11:02 PM

He is NOT just an actor.

'அவர் வெறும் நடிகர்'ன்னு ஒண்ணும் நான் சொல்லலையே :-)

அதே மாதிரி, டைரக்டரையும் வெறும் 'பினாமி'ன்னு சொல்லாதீங்கன்னு மட்டும் தான் சொல்லுறேன் :-)

hub rap
20th July 2010, 11:05 PM

sensational directors...

Are you serious? I agree, some movies here would be rejected by most of us. But, have pity on me and spare me the effort of finding all directors and their debut movies, please. I misunderstood your post and have added the directors' name in the first page. sigh!

yaaraavadhu ratings anuppungappA. I mean, ellaarum ratings anuppungappA. Adhukku apparamA adhichikkalaam.

Vivasaayi
20th July 2010, 11:05 PM

He is NOT just an actor.

அதே மாதிரி, டைரக்டரையும் வெறும் 'பினாமி'ன்னு சொல்லாதீங்கன்னு மட்டும் தான் சொல்லுறேன் :-)

adhu puriyudhu..in most of those cases the writer/lead actor/producer of the movie gets more credited than the director, which I think is acceptable.

I dont call santhana bharathi as just a Binami director...

tamizharasan
20th July 2010, 11:07 PM

He is NOT just an actor.

Ok I agree except ibrahim of oru thalai raagam no one is benami.

tamizharasan
20th July 2010, 11:10 PM

sensational directors...

Are you serious? I agree, some movies here would be rejected by most of us. But, have pity on me and spare me the effort of finding all directors and their debut movies, please. I misunderstood your post and have added the directors' name in the first page. sigh!

yaaraavadhu ratings anuppungappA. I mean, ellaarum ratings anuppungappA. Adhukku apparamA adhichikkalaam.

In my understanding if everyone has to be rated in the scale of 1 to 10 then there is no harm in listing everyone as sensational. Only degree of sensation differs right?

hub rap
20th July 2010, 11:11 PM
Virumbugiren was first film by Susi ganesan,not Five star.

amended.

16 vayadhinile must be the most "effective" debut by a tamil director.

saar please. rules follow pannunga.

Add Katradhu Thamizh please

Done.

hub rap
20th July 2010, 11:15 PM
In my understanding if everyone has to be rated in the scale of 1 to 10 then there is no harm in listing everyone as sensational. Only degree of sensation differs right?

annaa, adam pudikkaatheengannaa. If you have any movie in mind and worth considering, mention it. I Am already finding it hard to read all posts and maintain the thread.

vithagan
20th July 2010, 11:25 PM
Oomai Vizhigal - Selvamani

Its not Selvamani.. If i am not wrong its Aravindaraj, not sure OV was his first movie :!:

hub rap
20th July 2010, 11:31 PM
Oomai Vizhigal - Selvamani

Its not Selvamani.. If i am not wrong its Aravindaraj, not sure OV was his first movie :!:
:oops: corrected.

venkkiram
20th July 2010, 11:32 PM
அதே மாதிரி, டைரக்டரையும் வெறும் 'பினாமி'ன்னு சொல்லாதீங்கன்னு மட்டும் தான் சொல்லுறேன் :-)குறிப்பாக, கமல் படங்களில் இவர்கள் இணையும் போது பினாமி போலவே செயல்படுகிறார்கள் என்பது என் பார்வை.

vithagan
20th July 2010, 11:51 PM
Nominee request

Thullatha Manamum Thuluum - Ezhil

hub rap
20th July 2010, 11:55 PM
done

tamizharasan
21st July 2010, 12:15 AM

annaa, adam pudikkaatheengannaa. If you have any movie in mind and worth considering, mention it. I Am already finding it hard to read all posts and maintain the thread.

Ok no problem. I will let you if I want anything to be included other than what we already discussed.

venkkiram
21st July 2010, 01:04 AM
கண்ணெதிரே தோன்றினாள்
கிழக்கு வாசல்

vithagan
21st July 2010, 02:12 AM
கண்ணெதிரே தோன்றினாள்
கிழக்கு வாசல்

:confused2: R.V.Udhayakumar's first movie Udhaya Geetham not Kizhakku Vaasal

groucho070
21st July 2010, 07:57 AM
கண்ணெதிரே தோன்றினாள்
கிழக்கு வாசல்

:confused2: R.V.Udhayakumar's first movie Udhaya Geetham not Kizhakku VaasalI thought it was Puthiya Boomi, Sathyaraj/NT?

NOV
21st July 2010, 07:59 AM
This is my list. Sorry if there are any repetitions.

[tscii:f023faa53d]Arun Vaidyanathan – Achamundu Achamundu
Thangar Bachan – Azhagi
Bala – Sethu
Bharathiraja – 16 Vayathinile
Bakiaraj – Suvarillaadha Chithriangal
Rudraiah – Aval Appadithan
Cheran – Bharathi Kannamma
Fazil – Poove Poo Choodava
Kamalahasan -
SP Jananathan - Iyarkkai
Nishikanth – Evano Oruvan
Madhumita – Vallamai Tharayo
Balu Mahendra – Azhiyatha Kolangal
Mahendran – Mullum Malarum
Gautam Menon – Minnale
Radha Mohan – Azhagiya Theeye
Mysikin – Chitjiram Pesudhadi
Parthiban – Puthiya Pathai
Venkat Prabhu – Chennai 68
Ram – Katradhu Thamizh
Maniratnam – Pagal Nilavu
Balaji Sakthivel –Samurai
Sasi – Sollamale
Sasikumar – Subramaniapuram
Selvaragavan – Thulluvadho Ilamai
Shankar – Gentleman
Simbudevan – Imsai Arasan
PC Sreeram – Meera
Ameer – Mounam Pesiyathe
Thirumurgan – Emttan Magan
Vasanth – Keladi Kanmani
Vasantha Balan – Album
[/tscii:f023faa53d]

Plum
21st July 2010, 08:32 AM
[tscii:8f89f3b076]

•£Ν£Ζ€Ώ°Η €Λ©Ν±Ώ©Ύ³Ν
•Ώ΄•Ν•Α ΅Ύš²Ν

:confused2: R.V.Udhayakumar's first movie Udhaya Geetham not Kizhakku VaasalI thought it was Puthiya Boomi, Sathyaraj/NT?
Urimai geetham - prabhu and karthik. [/tscii:8f89f3b076]

Plum
21st July 2010, 08:33 AM
[tscii:952825b9ea]

•£Ν£Ζ€Ώ°Η €Λ©Ν±Ώ©Ύ³Ν
•Ώ΄•Ν•Α ΅Ύš²Ν

Urimai geetham - prabhu and karthik.
Pudhiya vaanam - nt, truthking[/tscii:952825b9ea]

groucho070
21st July 2010, 08:39 AM
Thanks Plum. Orey title confusion. :oops:

raajarasigan
21st July 2010, 11:53 AM

[tscii:710e1c3a2d]Arun Vaidyanathan – Achamundu Achamundu
SP Jananathan - Iyarkkai
Vasantha Balan – Album
[/tscii:710e1c3a2d] NOV, are these films sensational :roll: For Selva, we can consider KK rather than TI...

Most of these are neither a Super hit NOR a critically acclaimed...

I don't see them as a most sensational debut...

Sarna
21st July 2010, 12:39 PM

That's correct, IMO as well:-)

Now, why should KH fans go to the extent of polluting Singeetham's wikipedia?

Fans'naa apdidhaan :) I somewhere read that Kalathur kannamma was ghost scripted and ghost directed by kamal hassan :wink:

NOV
21st July 2010, 01:10 PM
[tscii:5b8e1d0c7b]
Most of these are neither a Super hit NOR a critically acclaimed......

Arun Vaidyanathan – Achamundu Achamundu
SP Jananathan - Iyarkkai
Vasantha Balan – Album Werent these critically acclaimed?[/tscii:5b8e1d0c7b]

AudazJay
21st July 2010, 01:32 PM
I believe that you're supposed to list out all the directors and their debut films, irregardless of the films being super hits or otherwise. Tamizharasan's suggestion. Thus, NOV's list should stay...

sensational directors...

raajarasigan
21st July 2010, 02:49 PM
[tscii:a4c150eb26]
Most of these are neither a Super hit NOR a critically acclaimed......

SP Jananathan - Iyarkkai
Vasantha Balan – Album Werent these critically acclaimed?[/tscii:a4c150eb26]To some extent, I can agree on AA & Iyarkkai but NOT VT / EM... EM is a decent hit but nothing to rave about...

viraajan
21st July 2010, 02:50 PM
Subramaniapuram - Sasikumar :smokesmirk:

raajarasigan
21st July 2010, 02:54 PM
Subramaniapuram - Sasikumar :smokesmirk: already sollittainga... :D

hub rap
21st July 2010, 09:41 PM

[tscii:8ea2593d99]
Bakiaraj – Suvarillaadha Chithriangal
Rudraiah – Aval Appadithan
Fazil – Poove Poo Choodava
Nishikanth – Evano Oruvan
Balu Mahendra – Azhiyatha Kolangal
Radha Mohan – Azhagiya Theeye
Maniratnam – Pagal Nilavu
PC Sreeram – Meera
Vasantha Balan – Album
[/tscii:8ea2593d99]

Thulluvadho ilamai - I have added kaadhal kondaen

Meera, vallamai thaaraayo, samurai, Album, Azhiyatha Kolangal, Evano Oruvan - Sensational? I'll add if more people insist.

Pagal nilavu - Not by any standards. Certainly not by MR standards.

Emttan Magan, Azhagiya Theeye, Poove Poo Choodava, Suvarillaadha Chithriangal, Aval Appadithan - Added

Other movies are already in the list.

Avadi to America
21st July 2010, 09:45 PM
critically acclaimed

rudriya - aval apadithan

hub rap
21st July 2010, 09:47 PM
critically acclaimed

rudriya - aval apadithan

pOttAchu pOttAchu :P

viraajan
21st July 2010, 09:52 PM

This is only about Debut right? Not about any standard that was set later! :?

In that case, if PN is a really good movie, then that may be included.

hub rap
21st July 2010, 09:54 PM

vOttu kedaikkAdhunga. SonnA kElunga.

raajarasigan
21st July 2010, 10:49 PM
It is NOT just the debut but sensational debut....

vithagan
22nd July 2010, 12:03 AM
Polladhavan - VetriMaran
Thirumalai - Ramana

Avadi to America
22nd July 2010, 12:09 AM

vOttu kedaikkAdhunga. SonnA kElunga.

MR debut was in kannada starring anil kapoor.....

hub rap
22nd July 2010, 12:42 AM
Polladhavan - VetriMaran
Thirumalai - Ramana
PollAdhavan added

koodiya seekiram en thala urulumnu ninaikiraen :frightened:

MR debut was in kannada starring anil
Pagal Nilavu was considered after a tweaked definition of debut as debut in Tamizh. Hey Ram found a mention under same consideration.

Naan electionla nikkira maadhiri kenja vEndiyadhA irukku. Yaaravadhu VOttu podungaiyaa. hmmm... naaminEsion thaakkalE innum mudiyalayO! :sigh2:

hub rap
24th July 2010, 07:00 PM
kanni raasi added

I guess I am competing with the tea aaththifying sardarji in yaarumE illAdha kadai :sigh2:

HonestRaj
24th July 2010, 07:06 PM
kanni raasi added

I guess I am competing with the tea aaththifying sardarji in yaarumE illAdha kadai :sigh2:

== myself (as hub fondly says about me :wink: )

hub rap
24th July 2010, 07:10 PM
vandhadhudhaan vandhuteenga, Oru tea saaptu pOnga.

Ratings anuppunga :cry2: