PDA

View Full Version : STARS BEHIND THE BIG SCREEN

varunlss12
1st August 2010, 03:52 PM
Hi friends...

A Film is crafted by number of technicians. Those technicians are mostly behind the screens.

In this topic we discuss about those stars behind the screens.

Whom you like and why like them...

Lets move on...

varunlss12
1st August 2010, 04:05 PM
Cinematography

Cinematographer gives real view to directors imagination. My favorite cinematographer is Rathnavelu.

His excellent skill brought him to work in super star sankar combo sci fi movie.... And his first film was Aravindan followed by Sethu which gives him recognition.

Nanda,baghavthy,jeyam,Thirumalai,Peralagan,vaarana m aayiram, and now manum opus Enthiran.

varunlss12
1st August 2010, 10:12 PM
Topic view panravanga comment post pannalame?? :huh:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
1st August 2010, 10:30 PM
My Fav cameramans - Nirav Shah and KV.Anand. The former had wielded the camera for many blockbuster films like Pokkiri, Dhoom, Billa and is also doing Jayam Ravi's upcoming film "Ich" .

The latter has worked in most of Shankar movies like Shivaji, Mudhalvan :P

selvamohankumar
2nd August 2010, 09:37 AM
Editors role is also a most imp one in a Movie creation!

A good story can go flop due to imperfect editing and the vice is also possible!

My favourite is Anthony! His Hands in Kaka kaka! Man he thrilled me alot!

He always gives his best! Even the trailers of the movie he works, tells that he s the editor!

varunlss12
2nd August 2010, 12:55 PM
Editors role is also a most imp one in a Movie creation!

A good story can go flop due to imperfect editing and the vice is also possible!

My favourite is Anthony! His Hands in Kaka kaka! Man he thrilled me alot!

He always gives his best! Even the trailers of the movie he works, tells that he s the editor!

Exactly my friend mostly films get shape on editors table and anthony is one of the best....

selvamohankumar
2nd August 2010, 01:32 PM
Music director is also a important one in the film! But they get enough fame than any other technician in the films! Still i would like to appraise them for the effort thy put in to bring out a effective product!

Eg: Imagine the Re recording of Ramana! Mind blowing.

interz
2nd August 2010, 03:09 PM
Best choreographers

Prem Rakshit (in tamil Ella Pughalum Oruvanukke)
Raju Sundaram (list is hug)
Prabhudeva (no presentation necessary)

IMO excellent choreographers

Prem Rakshit's choreography is stylish and super fast. He was born in chennai and is choreographing telugu and tamil movies.

Raju Sundaram makes good use of all dancers in movies. Today some of his dancers are choreographers like..Dinesh, Johny, Sridhar.

varunlss12
3rd August 2010, 09:38 PM
Best choreographers

Prem Rakshit's choreography is stylish and super fast. He was born in chennai and is choreographing telugu and tamil movies.

Raju Sundaram makes good use of all dancers in movies. Today some of his dancers are choreographers like..Dinesh, Johny, Sridhar.

I like Prabhudeva n raju sundaram and other then those i like shobi brinda and dinesh

selvamohankumar
4th August 2010, 09:21 AM
Best choreographers

I like Prabhudeva n raju sundaram and other then those i like shobi brinda and dinesh

Yeah in recent addition i think shobi doing best!

saradhaa_sn
4th August 2010, 12:01 PM
படத்தின் விறுவிறுப்பு, காட்சியமைப்புகளில் தெளிவு இவற்றில் 'படத்தொகுப்பாளர்கள்' (செம்மொழியில்: 'எடிட்டர்') பங்கு மிக முக்கியமானது.

இசையமைப்பாளர்களுக்கு அபரிமிதமான வெளிச்சமும் விளம்பரமும் தரும் திரையுலகமும் ரசிகர்களும் படத்தொகுப்பாளர்களின் பெயர்களையும், அவர்களின் திறமை, மற்றும் உழைப்பையும் பறைசாற்ற வேண்டும்.

selvamohankumar
4th August 2010, 01:11 PM
படத்தின் விறுவிறுப்பு, காட்சியமைப்புகளில் தெளிவு இவற்றில் 'படத்தொகுப்பாளர்கள்' (செம்மொழியில்: 'எடிட்டர்') பங்கு மிக முக்கியமானது.

இசையமைப்பாளர்களுக்கு அபரிமிதமான வெளிச்சமும் விளம்பரமும் தரும் திரையுலகமும் ரசிகர்களும் படத்தொகுப்பாளர்களின் பெயர்களையும், அவர்களின் திறமை, மற்றும் உழைப்பையும் பறைசாற்ற வேண்டும்.

anthony has broke this. These days anthony's name will be big. Because his editing is been liked by most! So i think only work speaks a lot! Good technicians whatever job they do!When done neat, will surely be noticed!

varunlss12
4th August 2010, 03:48 PM

ok lets try one thing many of our hubbers visiting this topic let c how many post regarding editor how many about editors.... ok..

HonestRaj
4th August 2010, 07:47 PM

anthony has broke this. These days anthony's name will be big. Because his editing is been liked by most! So i think only work speaks a lot! Good technicians whatever job they do!When done neat, will surely be noticed!

Thotta Tharani
Sabu Cyril

B Lenin - V T Vijayan

app_engine
4th August 2010, 08:09 PM
During late 70's Balu Mahendra was recognized as an ace camera man. He did work in a number of south languages (I think he got award for a Malayalam movie, then worked with Mahendran for his first directorial venture, the successful and acclaimed 'muLLum malarum'. Maniratnam too had him as camera man for his first film, a Kannada one, IIRC).

I'm not sure whether he did a lot simply as a camera man for other directors after his directorial ventures became huge successes. If any, those must be very few. He did camera work for all his big movies I think - Kokila, OLangaL, yAthrA, azhiyAdha kOlangaL, moondRam piRai, neengaL kEttavai, veedu, maRupadiyum, sathi leelAvathi...

Ashok Kumar was recognized much as well, as an ace camera man. He worked with Mahendran for most movies of the acclaimed director and won NA as well I think. (கொசுறு தகவல் - சுஹாசினி அசோக் குமார் கிட்ட உதவியாளரா இருந்தாங்க. அப்போ தான் அவரை மகேந்திரன் பிடிச்சு நெஞ்சத்தைக்கிள்ள வைத்தார்னு நினைக்கிறேன்). He too tried his hand in direction but wasn't very successful. Unfortunately, his photography profession also diminished.

HonestRaj
4th August 2010, 08:14 PM
I think Ashok Kumar directed some "kaadhal arangam" kind of film

app_engine
4th August 2010, 08:27 PM
Another well-known camera man was Nivas, again during late 70's, thanks to his successful partnership with Bharatiraja for all his jubilee hits - 16 vayadhinilE, kizhakkE pOgum rayil, sigappu rOjAkkaL, pudhiya vArppugaL and niRam mARAdha pookkaL.

His work for sigappu rOjAkkAL was particularly appreciated and was quite talked about. (I remember reading specifc references about the car wind shield reflecting the trees on the road etc).

When Bharatiraja chose to act, he let Nivas direct him in 'kallukkul eeram' (The titles ofcourse had BR as 'direction mERpArvai'). That venture was a failure and possibly broke their association as well. BR picked Kannan for his next film nizhalgaL and later on talked about Kannan as "his own eyes" etc.

Nivas directed another movie, 'enakkAkakkAththiru' which is now only remembered for its phenomenal songs ('O nenjamE, idhu un rAghamE' was one).

I don't know what is this connection of camera man trying to become directors...(looks like it continues even now, I think Sivaji camera man K V Anand in the director of ayan).

Thanks possibly to the likes / efforts of Balu Mahendra / Ashok Kumar / Nivas, the titles in films showing their job got upgraded, changing from 'oLippadhivu / camera' etc to "Director of Photography" :-)

vithagan
4th August 2010, 08:28 PM
I think Ashok Kumar directed some "kaadhal arangam" kind of film

Kaama :wink:

varunlss12
4th August 2010, 09:16 PM

Thotta Tharani
Sabu Cyril

B Lenin - V T Vijayan

Raj.. thotta n Sabu cyril r art directors right...

HonestRaj
4th August 2010, 10:25 PM
yes..

added a couple of good technicians behind the screens

app_engine
4th August 2010, 10:29 PM
Do stars behind the screen get due recognition?

Well, TN has a CM who was "behind the screen". (Don't jump - I'm not telling he's there because of filmy works but he earned a lot of name / fame / money by penning for movies).

In yesteryears, Aroor Das also was well-known.

varunlss12
5th August 2010, 04:41 PM
yes..

s s thotta tharani his sets r stunning tht room in chandramuki tht wa superb... and sabu cyril sollave vendam good exampl upcoming biggie ENTHIRAN......

But more guy recently like Rambon who doone art 4 subramaniapuram santhaanam 4 Ayirathil Oruvan... Smart works....

HonestRaj
5th August 2010, 07:59 PM
yes..

s s thotta tharani his sets r stunning tht room in chandramuki tht wa superb

he was there in the field for almost 40 yrs... & most of his works cannot be differentiated as artificial set

varunlss12
5th August 2010, 08:12 PM
yes..

s s thotta tharani his sets r stunning tht room in chandramuki tht wa superb

he was there in the field for almost 40 yrs... & most of his works cannot be differentiated as artificial set

40 yrs... thts grt :clap:

varunlss12
8th August 2010, 04:37 AM
Cinematographer Thiru...

I forget to mention Thiru. His works were grt.

Hey ram, Lesa Lesa, Kaanchevaram....

I think Greedom also his work... i'm not sure

varunlss12
11th August 2010, 12:15 PM
Your choice

Arrange ur favorite one....

-P.C.Sreeram
-Balu mahendra
-Jeeva (12B,Unnale unnale,Dhaam dhoom,Indian,Kushi,Sachin,Run,Sanda koli,Etc..)
-Ravi.K.Chandran(Kannathil muthamital,Boys,7marivu,Ayutha eluthu,etc.,)
-Thiru(Hey Raam,Lesa lesa,Kaanchevaram,Greedom,Aalavandan,Magalir mattum,etc,.)
-K.V.Anand(Sivaji,chellame,Mudhalvan,Nerukku ner,etc..)
-Ravi varman(Vettaiyadu veliyadu.Dasavatharam,Auto graphVillu,Anniyan,etc..)
-Rathna velu(Aravinda,Sethu,Nanda,,Jeyam,Thirumalai,Bagava thi,Vaaranam ayiram,Etc,.)
-R.D.Raja sekar(Kakka kakka,Minnale,Thotti jaya,Sillunu oru kadhal,etc,.)
-Aravind krishna(Thulluvadho elamai,Kadhal konden,7/G,Pudhupettai,Pachaikilli mutucharam,TVP)
-Ramji(Paruthi veeran,Ayirathil oruvan,Mounam pesiyade,Raam,Vaali)
-Nirav shah(Billa,Pokiri,Sarvam,Patiyal,Arinthum ariyamalum,Tamil padam,etc,.)
-Madhi(Paiyaa,Silambatam)
-Priyan(All hari films,Vallavan)
-Sakthi saravanan(Goa,Sms,Saroja,Chennai 28)
-Subramaniam(Pithamagan,Azhaghiya tamil magan,Kutty,Etc.,)
-S.R.Kathir(Katradhu tamil,Subramaniapuram,Nadodigal)
-Ekambaram(Tamizhan,Eyarkai,E,Kandasamy,Sura)
-Arthur wilson(Naan kadavul,Anbe sivam,Rhytham,Imsai arasan)
-Thangar Bachan(Kannethire thondrinai,Azhagi,Pallikudam,Appasamy,Solla marantha kadhai,etc.,)
-Manoj pramahamsan(VTV,Eeram)

I listed some how wat i know if i miss any pls add...

Riyazz
11th August 2010, 03:49 PM
Cinematography

Cinematographer gives real view to directors imagination. My favorite cinematographer is Rathnavelu.

His excellent skill brought him to work in super star sankar combo sci fi movie.... And his first film was Aravindan followed by Sethu which gives him recognition.

Nanda,baghavthy,jeyam,Thirumalai,Peralagan,vaarana m aayiram, and now manum opus Enthiran.my favourite cinematographer is P.C. Sriram he is favourite of mani ratnam

Riyazz
11th August 2010, 03:54 PM
Best choreographers

Yeah in recent addition i think shobi doing best!robert is now coming choreographer he proved in nan nadantal adirathi song ,then dinesh choreography is simple and super eg. Pokkiri vasanta mulai song

varunlss12
18th August 2010, 10:06 AM
UR favorite

M.S.Viswanathan
Illayaraja
ARR
Harris jeyaraj
Yuvan
Deva
Vidya sagar
Vijay antony
James vasanthan