View Full Version : Kamal as a "Singer"

9th August 2010, 05:56 PM
I think Kamal Hassan is the 'Best' singer coming from the Actor's department. He has sung some 'great' songs under IR. Here are few examples

Nayagan - Then pandi cheemaiyilE
Thevar Magan - inji idupazhagi
virumandi - onavida

9th August 2010, 06:05 PM
Vasool Raja Mbbs - Kalakka Povadhu Yaaru :wink: My Fav Song.... Kamal sir's voice is the perfect voice for that song .. I couldn't imagine any other person singing that song :P

Madhu Sree
9th August 2010, 06:11 PM
My favs,
'kadavul paadhi mirugam paadhi'
'Muthe muthammma mutham onnu tharalaama'
'yaar yaar sivam'
'ela machi machi, thala suthi suthi'
'kandhasaamy raamasaamy .. ... ... kalyaanam kattikinaangoooo'

:redjump: list goes on :swinghead:

Madhu Sree
9th August 2010, 06:11 PM
Vasool Raja Mbbs - Kalakka Povadhu Yaaru :wink: My Fav Song.... Kamal sir's voice is the perfect voice for that song .. I couldn't imagine any other person singing that song :P

enna songu, enna voice-u... :redjump: :thumbsup:

9th August 2010, 06:15 PM
highly over rated

Madhu Sree
9th August 2010, 06:17 PM
highly over rated

:lol2: Y...

9th August 2010, 06:17 PM
Because Kamal fans are ribbing Aamir Khan :-)

9th August 2010, 06:22 PM

reema sen: valikkudha?
vadivelu(plum): lightaa :P

9th August 2010, 06:23 PM
:lol: - illai Maddy ungaLukku apdi oru intention irundhA, you have to attack IR, vEra vazhi illai.

mexicomeat
9th August 2010, 06:25 PM
Paneer Pushpangale...

http://www.raaga.com/play/?id=87569

Madhu Sree
9th August 2010, 06:27 PM

reema sen: valikkudha?
vadivelu(plum): lightaa :P

Plum, :thumbsup: :lol:

9th August 2010, 06:27 PM
:lol: - illai Maddy ungaLukku apdi oru intention irundhA, you have to attack IR, vEra vazhi illai.

:lol: illa, nejamave, i dont rate kamal's singing very highly - muyarchi paadagar category.....but as a actor who can sing too - thats a great feat :) ....

IR is a terrific singer - avara yen attack pannanum 8-) :P

9th August 2010, 06:30 PM
Well, if it comes to that, I dont rate Kamal very high as a singer myself. But he does have some unique renditions to his credit - from his movie perspective, he probably brings out his intended feel very well. But "only Kamal fossible"-nu very few songs-ku dhAn solvEn.

9th August 2010, 06:32 PM
:lol: - illai Maddy ungaLukku apdi oru intention irundhA, you have to attack IR, vEra vazhi illai.IR nalla singerdhaane?....as a actor who can sing kamal nalla singerdhaan..but munnadiyellam neraya paduvaaru..y?... :roll:

9th August 2010, 06:33 PM
ada "IR nalla singer illai"-nu sonnA konjam mersal AvEnnu solla vandhEn, Raghab.

Madhu Sree
9th August 2010, 06:34 PM
:lol: - illai Maddy ungaLukku apdi oru intention irundhA, you have to attack IR, vEra vazhi illai.IR nalla singerdhaane?....as a actor who can sing kamal nalla singerdhaan..but munnadiyellam neraya paduvaaru..y?... :roll:

:exactly: especially 'Poojaiketha poovidhu: :bow:

/dig
But ARR pathiyum naama pesanum :lol2: :naraayana_naraayana: :P /End dig

9th August 2010, 06:36 PM
ada "IR nalla singer illai"-nu sonnA konjam mersal AvEnnu solla vandhEn, Raghab.adhu IR as a singernnu oru thrd start pannaparam pesuvom..theva illame deviate aagum :)

9th August 2010, 06:50 PM
Whatay songs

1) pOttu vaithA kaadhal thittam
2) sunnari neeyum
3) vikram
4) Ram Ram
5) pOttA padiyudhu

kazhudhai mEykkura payyanukku songs

1) unna vida
2) kokkarakkO kOzhi
3) kombula poovai suththi
4) thenpaaNdi seemaiyilE
5) rAjA kaiyA vachchA

romba nallA paaduneenga thambi songs

1) pEigaLai nambAdhE
2) vizhiyOrathu kanavu
3) pon maanai thEdudhE
4) ammammA vandhadhingu
5) engEyO thikku thisai

9th August 2010, 07:07 PM
my fav kamal song raja kaiyya vecha..my fav since my childhood..adhu avre padirkaaru so this is my fav song kamal has sung

9th August 2010, 07:24 PM
Paneer Pushpangale...

One of my Fav :)

9th August 2010, 07:24 PM

That was not IR :-) His younger brother GA.

Back to the topic,

Kamal's first song as a singer (i.e. possibly) is 'ஞாயிறு ஒளி மழையில், திங்கள் குளிக்க வந்தாள், நான் அவள் பூவுடலில்...' from the film andharangam. That had a considerable amount of air time those days on radio. Either Chandrabose or Shyam was the MD.

With Raja, one of his early numbers was 'நினைவோ ஒரு பறவை, விரிக்கும் அதன் சிறகை, பறக்கும் அது கலக்கும் தன் உறவை', a duet with Janaki in Sigappu RojakkaL - great song in every count!

equanimus
9th August 2010, 07:25 PM
especially 'Poojaiketha poovidhu: :bow:That is Gangai Amaran though. One of those songs where his singing sounds quite close to Raaja's.

9th August 2010, 07:27 PM
Well, if it comes to that, I dont rate Kamal very high as a singer myself. But he does have some unique renditions to his credit - from his movie perspective, he probably brings out his intended feel very well. But "only Kamal fossible"-nu very few songs-ku dhAn solvEn.

True, the thread says , he is the best singer amongst the actors :)

Yaaar Yaaar sivam is highly addictive for me, cos of the Sivam factor :P

9th August 2010, 07:31 PM
With Raja, one of his early numbers was 'நினைவோ ஒரு பறவை, விரிக்கும் அதன் சிறகை, பறக்கும் அது கலக்கும் தன் உறவை', a duet with Janaki in Sigappu RojakkaL - great song in every count!

yes great song, esp the hummings by Kamal and janaki amma :thumbsup:

9th August 2010, 07:36 PM
In many of the songs, Kamal gets in and out of abaswaram. Or atleast the strain shows.

Particularly his famous songs like ninaivO oru paRavai. That is why I excluded them.

I gave my list off the top of my head and
ennavO therila enna maayamO therila, ellAmE IR songA irukkudhu :lol2:

VJerry
9th August 2010, 07:37 PM
Whatay songs

1) pOttu vaithA kaadhal thittam
2) sunnari neeyum
3) vikram
4) Ram Ram
5) pOttA padiyudhu

kazhudhai mEykkura payyanukku songs

1) unna vida
2) kokkarakkO kOzhi
3) kombula poovai suththi
4) thenpaaNdi seemaiyilE
5) rAjA kaiyA vachchA

romba nallA paaduneenga thambi songs

1) pEigaLai nambAdhE
2) vizhiyOrathu kanavu
3) pon maanai thEdudhE
4) ammammA vandhadhingu
5) engEyO thikku thisai

9th August 2010, 07:45 PM

Didn't IR say that for one song even Balu cannot do what KH did (in the Guna cassette)?

What is that song?

tamizharasan
9th August 2010, 07:49 PM

Didn't IR say that for one song even Balu cannot do what KH did (in the Guna cassette)?

What is that song?

kaNmani anbodu. The final lines. abhiramiyE thAlAttum sAmiyE nAn thAnE theriyumA

9th August 2010, 07:54 PM
tamilarasan,

IR is talking about ANOTHER song during the composing of kaNmaNi - like even SPB couldn't have done justice to it - embarassing Kamal.

That is, one from the past, prior to Guna.

What is it?

9th August 2010, 07:58 PM
And he says it is for a film produced by Kamal, right?

The immediate previous one was rAjA kaiya vechchA for aboorva sagOdarargaL, right ?

tamizharasan
9th August 2010, 07:58 PM
tamilarasan,

IR is talking about ANOTHER song during the composing of kaNmaNi - like even SPB couldn't have done justice to it - embarassing Kamal.

What is it?

I think audio clip must be there in youtube for the whole discussion of Guna. I can't access youtube from work. You might want to search there

9th August 2010, 07:59 PM
aarambichutangappa

:sigh2: :sigh2: :sigh2:

Comparing a legend to an average singer

:| :sigh2: :sigh2:

9th August 2010, 08:00 PM
App, gnaayiru oli mazhaiyil by devarajan I think. Not sam or bose.

tamizharasan
9th August 2010, 08:00 PM
aarambichutangappa

:sigh2: :sigh2: :sigh2:

Comparing a legend to a average singer

:| :sigh2: :sigh2:

I don't think it is comparison. Just suitability for certain songs I believe. Again no one is comparing here. Just want to share the thoughts of IR.

9th August 2010, 08:01 PM
Kamal him self would not agree to such comments :|

tamizharasan
9th August 2010, 08:02 PM

Yes he immediately refused what IR said. Kamal and SPB are like siblings according to them.

9th August 2010, 08:03 PM
App, gnaayiru oli mazhaiyil
abaswarathulayE sanjarichu appappO swarathai touch paNra song

9th August 2010, 08:06 PM
[tscii:4d9a3fc669]

I think audio clip must be there in youtube for the whole discussion of Guna. I can't access youtube from work. You might want to search there

There's a transcript in this blog (http://isaignanibakthan.blogspot.com/2010/07/blog-post_26.html), who also wonders what that song could have been.

இசைஞானி: கமல் சாரே பாடட்டும்! ஏன்னா அந்த characterization-க்கு அவரே பாடிட்டார்னா better-ஆ இருக்கும்!

கமல்ஹாசன் (சிரித்தவாறு): தெரியாத்தனமா விக்ரம் உதாரணம் சொல்லி மாட்டிகிட்டேன். (சிரிக்கிறார் .. மூவரும் சிரிக்கின்றனர்). இல்ல! நல்லா வரணும் பாட்டு! அதினால வேற யாராவது…. … … …

இசைஞானி: அதினால என்ன? இந்தப் பாட்டுக்கு நீங்க நல்லா பாடுவீங்கன்ற நம்பிக்கை எனக்கு… … … எம் மேல நீங்க எவ்வளவு நம்பிக்கை வச்சீங்க இல்ல??? …

கமல்ஹாசன் (சிரித்தவாறு): அது நான் வைக்கலாம்! நியாயமான நம்பிக்கை! என் மேல வைக்கலாமா? (மீண்டும் சிரிக்கிறார்). உங்க மேல நம்பிக்கை வச்சி என்ன நீங்க பாட வச்சீங்கன்னா பாடுறேன்.

இசைஞானி: உங்க மேல இருக்கிற நம்பிக்கைய சொல்லட்டா? Open-ஆ சொல்லட்டா?

கமல்ஹாசன்: சொல்லுங்க!

இசைஞானி: உங்க கிட்ட இருந்து தமிழகத்துக்கு வர வேண்டிய சமாசாரங்கள் எக்கச்சக்கமா இருக்குது! அதெல்லாம் பண்ணாம உங்கள நான் விட மாட்டேன் (சிரிக்கிறார்).

கமல்ஹாசன்: சரி! இவ்வளவு நம்பிக்கையா நீங்க சொல்லும்போது அந்த நம்பிக்கைக்கு பாத்திரமா நான்.. … …

இசைஞானி: ஒரு Song.. நீங்க பாடினீங்க பாத்தீங்களா? என்னுடைய மியூசிக்-ல? கவிதாலயா படத்தில? அந்த அளவுக்கு பாலு கூட பாடல!

கமல்ஹாசன் (சிரித்தவாறு): ஐயைய்யோ!

இசைஞானி: அது பாட முடியாது! மத்த Song அவர் பாடலாம்! But Particularly அந்த Song-அ அந்த voice dimension-ஓட பாட முடியாதுங்கிறது என்னுடைய கருத்து! (இதில் எந்த பாடலை இசைஞானி குறிப்பிட்டார் என்று தெரியவில்லை! ‘சிங்காரவேலன்’ படத்தின் ‘போட்டு வைத்தக் காதல் திட்டம்’ பாடலாக இருக்கலாம் என்று நினைக்கிறேன்) நீங்க ஒரு சகலகலா வல்லவர் என்பது என்னுடைய கருத்து! உங்கள நேரா புகழ்ந்து ….

கமல்ஹாசன் (சிரித்தவாறு): … … … ஆக வேண்டியது ஒண்ணும் இல்ல..

இசைஞானி (சிரித்தவாறு): ஆங்!! … … … ஆக வேண்டியது ஒண்ணும் இல்ல..இருந்தாலும் உங்களப் பத்திய அபிப்ராயத்த சொல்ல வேண்டிய கடமை இருக்கு எனக்கு! அதினால பயப்படாம நீங்க வர்றீங்க!

P_R,
Is this blog correct about 'Kavidhalaya' (KB group) movie or are you sure it was Rajkamal?
[/tscii:4d9a3fc669]

tamizharasan
9th August 2010, 08:08 PM
As a matter of fact Singara Velan released after Guna.

9th August 2010, 08:09 PM

Yes he immediately refused what IR said. Kamal and SPB are like siblings according to them.

I know, I saw this program on TV (cant remember the name ) it was anchored by Ramesh Aravind (I think) . They are very close. Full of praises of each others

Dig>>

Are SPB and SS close friends like Kamal & SPB. I have never seen in a show together or taking part in a program together!

<< end of dig

omega
9th August 2010, 08:09 PM
tamilarasan,

What is it?

I know IR used to rave about Kamal's voice for "Megham Kottattum Aattam undu" from Enakkul Oruvan. I think that was the number.

tamizharasan
9th August 2010, 08:12 PM
tamilarasan,

What is it?

I know IR used to rave about Kamal's voice for "Megham Kottattum Aattam undu" from Enakkul Oruvan. I think that was the number.

Is Enakkul oruvan by Kavithalaya?

omega
9th August 2010, 08:13 PM
tamilarasan,

What is it?

Yes

tamizharasan
9th August 2010, 08:14 PM
tamilarasan,

What is it?

Yes

Then it must be it.

9th August 2010, 08:15 PM
இசைஞானி: அது பாட முடியாது! மத்த Song அவர் பாடலாம்! But Particularly அந்த Song-அ அந்த voice dimension-ஓட பாட
முடியாதுங்கிறது என்னுடைய கருத்து!

But going by this, megam kottattum may not be the right song. Because SPB also sang that song (which is not in the film IIRC)

omega
9th August 2010, 08:16 PM
I think the movie had the version Kamal sang, whereas in the cassette it was by SPB & hence the comparison.

That was the song.

9th August 2010, 08:18 PM
maddy,
Kamal's variety in singing can be matched by only a few..

Muthey muthammaa is just chanceless.. just bcos we know its Kamal's voice, it irks a bit...

Rukku rukku from Avvai is another classic..

even Dasa had some awesome singing..

tamizharasan
9th August 2010, 08:18 PM
I think the movie had the version Kamal sang, whereas in the cassette it was by SPB & hence the comparison.

That was the song.

The same thing happened with Raja Kaiya Vachcha (AS) also I believe.

9th August 2010, 08:19 PM
பாட முடியாது அப்டின்னு சொல்றார்.. பாடிருந்தார் ஆனால் உன்னை மாதிரி பாடலைன்னு சொல்லலையே :confused2:

SuraTheLeader
9th August 2010, 08:22 PM
I m too young to give COMMENTS on SUCH LEGENDS KAMAL,IR,SPB.
But to My Knowledge KAMAL Is a gr8 SINGER AMONG ACTORS,NO DOUBT.

One of My Favourite in KAMAL's LIST is that STRANDED ON THE STREETS... From NALA THAMAYANTHI.I could feel the helplessness of MADDY in that Foriegn Land. :thumbsup:

P.S : IR too acted few scenes ,Recently a Full Length SONG in R.K's Movie 'AZHAGARMALAI'. :lol:

9th August 2010, 08:22 PM
இசைஞானி: அது பாட முடியாது! மத்த Song அவர் பாடலாம்! But Particularly அந்த Song-அ அந்த voice dimension-ஓட பாட
முடியாதுங்கிறது என்னுடைய கருத்து!

But going by this, megam kottattum may not be the right song. Because SPB also sang that song (which is not in the film IIRC)

IR is talking about 'pOtu vaitha kadhal thittum OK kanmani' from singaravElan.

This song would be in high pitch tone, which in my opinion is 'possible' if you start the song in low octave it is easier to reach high octave, where else if you start in mid octave it would virtually impossible to reach high octave without sounding 'feminine'.

The only person who has done this AFAIK is none other than SPB in the song

Naanum unthan oravai naadi vantha paravai - From Mythili ennai kathali... SPB starts from note 4 (mid octave) and reaches 8 (highest octave)

When SPB was questioned about hardest song he sang, many thought he would say Shankaraparnam. but he said the 'hardest' song he ever sang was the above one !

tamizharasan
9th August 2010, 08:29 PM
பாட முடியாது அப்டின்னு சொல்றார்.. பாடிருந்தார் ஆனால் உன்னை மாதிரி பாடலைன்னு சொல்லலையே :confused2:

True. But no other song meets the criteria told by IR.

priya32
9th August 2010, 08:30 PM
Few more songs of Kamal,

Madhura pakkam - theru viLakku (Kamal & S.P.Shailaja)

thaNNiya pOttA - savaal (Kamal & Kalyaani Menon)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rODddN1aoI

vizhiyOrathu kanavum - raaja paarvai (Kamal & B.S.Sasireka)

omega
9th August 2010, 08:34 PM
இசைஞானி: ஒரு Song.. நீங்க பாடினீங்க பாத்தீங்களா? என்னுடைய மியூசிக்-ல? கவிதாலயா படத்தில? அந்த அளவுக்கு பாலு கூட பாடல!

IR means SPB could not match Kamal's performance for that particular song (Megham kottattum), when both had delivered that number.

priya32
9th August 2010, 08:38 PM
ninaivO oru paRavai - sivappu rOjaakkaL

ponmaanai thEdudhE - O maanE maanE

9th August 2010, 08:38 PM

:lol: illa, nejamave, i dont rate kamal's singing very highly - muyarchi paadagar category.....but as a actor who can sing too - thats a great feat :) ....

Pottu vaitha kadhal thittama ..muyarchi panni padirundharnaa....andha muyarchikku :clap:

9th August 2010, 08:39 PM
Megam kottatum attam undooo something along the line, is that the song you are talking about Omega ???

apadi antha paatila enna kastamai iruku nu enaku theriyala :think:

SPB is on Par if not above legends like M.rafi and K.kumar.. ivara poi kamal oda compare panratha

Mudiyalappa :sigh2:

9th August 2010, 08:40 PM
ponmaanai thEdudhE - O maanE maanE

A rare song as KH was only the PB singer while Mohan was on screen.

9th August 2010, 08:41 PM

IR means SPB could not match Kamal's performance for that particular song (Megham kottattum), when both had delivered that number.
Makes sense now. But I don't share IR's opinion. I mean he should be right and stuff but SPB's 'vaanampaadi Oyaaaaaa...dhu' is unmatchable IMHO.

To me Kamal's best songs are engEyO thikkuthisai, pOttuvaitha, ninaivO oru paravai.

9th August 2010, 08:42 PM
interesting that not many listed yar yar sivam

9th August 2010, 08:43 PM
Param,
It's not hubbers who are comparing :-)

Like you said, even KH will deny such comparison attempts.

Raja said so and such opinion coming from the maestro is praise of very high order. Especially at that point of time when he was sitting on the top of the world.

அவ்வளவு தான் :-)

tamizharasan
9th August 2010, 08:44 PM

Pottu vaitha kadhal thittama ..muyarchi panni padirundharnaa....andha muyarchikku :clap:

Just for Fun.

On the same lines of Maddy,
I don't rate kamal acting very highly, muyarchi actor category ... but as a dance master who can act too- that is a great feat.
I don't rate Kamal dancing very highly muyarchi dancer category .. but as a screenplay writer who can dance too- that is a great feat.

etc etc
where I don't rate Kamal x very highly, muyarchi x category.. but as a y who can do x too- that is a great feat.

tamizharasan
9th August 2010, 08:46 PM
Param,
It's not hubbers who are comparing :-)

Like you said, even KH will deny such comparison attempts.

Raja said so and such opinion coming from the maestro is praise of very high order. Especially at that point of time when he was sitting on the top of the world.

அவ்வளவு தான் :-)

Param
As app_engine said read lines carefully. No one is bringing down SPB here. He is also my most favorite singer. You get very personal about SPB.

9th August 2010, 08:47 PM

IR hardly gives interviews and when he does , he comes up with funny ones like this, may this is why SPB dont sing to for Ir any more

We all know about SPB's humbleness and IR's head heaviness :huh:

and like vaanam paadi oyaathu by SPB is unmatchable even by the likes of kishore kumar, let alone kamal :sigh2:

9th August 2010, 08:48 PM
In many of the songs, Kamal gets in and out of abaswaram. Or atleast the strain shows.

Particularly his famous songs like ninaivO oru paRavai. That is why I excluded them.

I gave my list off the top of my head and

Prabhu,

whenever you write big paragraphs , I hate you..

you are a master of one-liners :clap:

Yuvi
9th August 2010, 08:49 PM

The reason, I think is the - IR factor.

Coming to non-IR songs, the songs that I thought Kamal had enough justice to ..

Yaar Yaar Sivam,
Naatukoru Seidhi solla - just awesome with his voice modulation
Alwarpettai Aandava - ivarai madhiri paaduradhu yaaruda
Vandhen Vandhen - Panchathandiram - IMO only he could improvise numbers like these
Aalangatti Mazhai - Thenali
Kandasamy Ramasamy - PKS :lol:

You may note that all these songs would come under different category and no other singer could do justice to these apart from Kamal !

9th August 2010, 08:50 PM
App_engine

No I never said you or other hubbers are comparing, it was just my 'outburst' for a silly statement :)

vera onum illai :)

9th August 2010, 08:52 PM
yaar yaar sivam was very well sung by kamal ji :clap:

9th August 2010, 08:53 PM
You get very personal about SPB.

enna panrathu I have a voice similar to his :P

9th August 2010, 08:54 PM
IR hardly gives interviews and when he does , he comes up with funny ones like this, may this is why SPB dont sing to for Ir any more

We all know about SPB's humbleness and IR's head heaviness :huh:

9th August 2010, 08:55 PM
vivs

I am :yessir: :yessir:

tamizharasan
9th August 2010, 08:56 PM
You get very personal about SPB.

enna panrathu I have a voice similar to his :P

We all know about SPB's humbleness and IR's head heaviness

Which one you belong to? :roll:

9th August 2010, 08:57 PM
Thamizharasan

1st one :P

9th August 2010, 09:08 PM
கடவுள் பாதி மிருகம் பாதி
யார் யார் சிவம்
STRANDED ON THE STREETS
பன்னீர் புஷ்பங்களே
பேய்கள நம்பாதே
விக்ரம் விக்ரம்
காசு மேல
முத்தே முத்தம்மா
நினைவோ ஒரு பறவை

தேர்ந்த நடிகராக இருப்பதால், இவர் குரலில் வரும் பாடல்களில் உணர்வுகள் எப்போதும் மேலோங்கி நிற்கும். ஆனா சில பாடல்களுக்கு சூழலுக்கு தேவையில்லாத வகையில் ரொம்பவும் பண்டிததனத்தை கொண்டு வந்து விடுகிறார் என நினைக்கிறேன். உதாரணத்திற்கு இஞ்சி இடுப்பழகி. பல்லவி முடியும் நிலையில் வரும் "மானே வா..." என்ற நீட்சி ஒரு நாட்டுப்புற பாட்டிற்கு வரும் சங்கதியே அல்ல. கிராமிய மணம் சிதைந்து விட்டது என்பது என் பார்வை.

9th August 2010, 09:11 PM
reNdu major katchiyum sArAdha vEtpALarai aadharikka mAttOm!

Btw, vijay is quite good. More than the songs he actually recorded, caught him singing oru naal oru kanavu during a scene in kannukkul nilavu. :clap:

9th August 2010, 09:13 PM

Btw, vijay is quite good. More than the songs he actually recorded, caught him singing oru naal oru kanavu during a scene in kannukkul nilavu. :clap:

yes Vijay is 'quite' good as a singer.

Other actors who can sing are

Karthik
Raghuvaran
Simbu

9th August 2010, 09:16 PM

plum

:notthatway:

it should be 3 main parties Kamal - IR - SPB :lol2:

Yuvi
9th August 2010, 09:18 PM

yes Vijay is 'quite' good as a singer.

Other actors who can sing are

Karthik
Raghuvaran
Simbu
:yes:

9th August 2010, 09:20 PM
yuvi

I heard he sings, but never heard him sing, it is too late now :(

rajprasanna
9th August 2010, 09:29 PM
Ammammaa vandhadhingu singakkutty .. from PER SOLLUM PILLAI

KH sings the Pallavi in a unique tune every time throughout the song.

Neruppu Vaayinil Oaramai ... from pudhupettai

(i guess everybody forgot this.. one of my favs)

KH would have emoted the song very well with his voice

Rukku Rukku Rukku.. from Avvaishanmugi
Mukundha Mukundha ... Dasavatharam... last few lines

Mimickry + Singing

IMO..
In his initial stages he might not have been a better singer, but he is improvising and can challenge many professional singers now.

Movie Cop
9th August 2010, 10:40 PM
[tscii:9a70501332]
There's a transcript in this blog (http://isaignanibakthan.blogspot.com/2010/07/blog-post_26.html), who also wonders what that song could have been.

இசைஞானி: அது பாட முடியாது! மத்த Song அவர் பாடலாம்! But Particularly அந்த Song-அ அந்த voice dimension-ஓட பாட முடியாதுங்கிறது என்னுடைய கருத்து! (இதில் எந்த பாடலை இசைஞானி குறிப்பிட்டார் என்று தெரியவில்லை! ‘சிங்காரவேலன்’ படத்தின் ‘போட்டு வைத்தக் காதல் திட்டம்’ பாடலாக இருக்கலாம் என்று நினைக்கிறேன்) நீங்க ஒரு சகலகலா வல்லவர் என்பது என்னுடைய கருத்து! உங்கள நேரா புகழ்ந்து ….

Thought "pOttu vaithA kaadhal thitam" in SV was sung by Usha Utup (a lady with a man's voice! :lol:)? No? :? [/tscii:9a70501332]

Shakthiprabha
9th August 2010, 10:51 PM
pottu vaitha kathal thittam has been dissected enough here. Its my fav too.

Lot others numbers are there as I am a fan of his deep manly voice.

"paneer pushpangale" vayatrai pisaiyum emoitonal tone.

"ninaivo oru paravai" kindles weird unknown feeling. "atharkaagath thaan madi saigiren" - may be its strange on my part that i imagine a psycho note there.

"potta padiyuthu" - my fav peppy number of kamalhassan.

"valrum piraiye theyathe
iniyum azhuthu thembathe" - raw blunt tone of piercing pain.

What I like about his songs and voice is his rough, expressive, raw, unpolished tone. Its easy to relate.

9th August 2010, 11:32 PM
Around 60 songs come up (some are incorrect, some has only his vachanams) if one searches for KH the singer :

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/singer.php?page=1&SGRID=Kamal%20Hassan&lang=en

Thanks to his "actor" background, he probably got to sing for a wide variety of emotions.

-sonna padi kELu, makkar paNNAdhE is a fun one
-also the narikkadhai

Madhu Sree
9th August 2010, 11:39 PM

That was not IR :-) His younger brother GA.

:omg: is it, thanks app_engine n equa for clarifying :D

Seriously i thought it was IR :oops:

10th August 2010, 02:42 PM
Thought "pOttu vaithA kaadhal thitam" in SV was sung by Usha Utup (a lady with a man's voice! :lol:)? No? :? [/tscii]

MC only you Fossible :rotfl3:

10th August 2010, 06:42 PM
We all know about SPB's humbleness and IR's head heaviness :huh:Why ya :?: Did you read this week's Kumudam? It had a picture (Flashback column where they will review some old photos with the related personalities) of SPB / IR.. rendu perum katti pidichittu irukkara maadhiri irundhuchu... athai SPB kitta kaatti andha photo patthi avar sonnathu...

"eppo eduthathunnu theriyala... sariya gbakathukku varala... aenna indha maadhiri niraya photo irukkuthu... avarukkuthan en mela evlo piriyam.. :) enakkum than.. :D...." romba negizhva sonnaram....

Paramu,

IR yaaraiyum neradiya pugazha maattar... athai ego / head weight'nu eduthukitta enna solrathu... :huh: both IR / SPB still have very good understanding and affection... :D

Sorry to digress on this topic... lets continue.

Did anyone mention Oh Mane from December Pookkal... that was an early Kamal's no.. could be the first song to render his voice in which he was not acting...

prashanth12
10th August 2010, 11:52 PM
Kamal's voice was very melodious in "yaar yaar sivam"....

Bala (Karthik)
12th August 2010, 05:11 PM
Just went through the Megam Kottattum discussions.

IMO Thalaivar's version of that song is nowhere near Balu sir's. I don't feel like listening to Thalaivar's version

OTOH, Raaja Kayya Vecha, Thala's version is superior

12th August 2010, 05:27 PM

:exactly: I m avoiding SPB's version of Raaja Kayya vecha

12th August 2010, 06:01 PM
Kombula poova suthi... Only kamal!

12th August 2010, 06:11 PM
IMO Thalaivar's version of that song is nowhere near Balu sir's.

Vidaya Vidya Raamayanam :sigh2::lol2:

tamizharasan
12th August 2010, 06:39 PM
Just went through the Megam Kottattum discussions.

IMO Thalaivar's version of that song is nowhere near Balu sir's. I don't feel like listening to Thalaivar's version

I totally agree on both.

12th August 2010, 07:27 PM
ஒரு முறை தாஸண்ணா தனது பேட்டியில் "நான் இரண்டு இரண்டரை கட்டைகளுக்கு மேல் போவதில்லை. அதுதான் என்னோட எல்லை. பாருங்கள் கமலை.. சமீபத்தில் வந்த ராஜா கையா வச்சா பாடலைக் கேட்ருப்பிங்க, ரொம்ப சுலபமா எங்கேயோ போறார் பாருங்கள்" என புகழாரம் சூட்டியது நினைவுக்கு வருகிறது.

12th August 2010, 07:31 PM
"போட்டு வைத்த காதல் திட்டம்" பாடலின் ஒலிப்பதிவிற்கு முதல் முறை கமல் வந்த போது இன்றைக்கு நீங்க பாடக் கூடிய அளவிற்கு உங்கள் குரல் சரியா இல்லை. நல்லா ரெண்டு நாள் ஓய்வு எடுத்துவிட்டு வாருங்கள் என்று அனுப்பி விட்டாராம்.

12th August 2010, 08:07 PM
ஒரு முறை தாஸண்ணா தனது பேட்டியில் "நான் இரண்டு இரண்டரை கட்டைகளுக்கு மேல் போவதில்லை. அதுதான் என்னோட எல்லை. பாருங்கள் கமலை.. சமீபத்தில் வந்த ராஜா கையா வச்சா பாடலைக் கேட்ருப்பிங்க, ரொம்ப சுலபமா எங்கேயோ போறார் பாருங்கள்" என புகழாரம் சூட்டியது நினைவுக்கு வருகிறது.
8-)

12th August 2010, 08:11 PM

12th August 2010, 08:18 PM
suththam

tamizharasan
12th August 2010, 08:20 PM
Paramu Sir,
If you are a fan of SPB, it is fine. In fact I am too. But it is not necessary to bring down Yesudoss. When somebody say Dheiveega Kural, the first thing comes to my mind is Yesudoss. SPB is more versatile and we will leave it there.

12th August 2010, 08:23 PM
Thamizharsan gaaru

I am not comparing SPB with KJY, Please listen to his KJY's high pitched songs, Only TMS and SPB were at ease on High pitches

12th August 2010, 08:24 PM
But it is not necessary to bring down Yesudoss. இதை உரக்கச் சொல்லிக் கொண்டே இருக்கணும் என நினைக்கிறேன்.

12th August 2010, 08:25 PM
let's stick to kamal only, sorry I just wanted to mention about KJY ,afer reading his comments. sorry my mistake :(

priya32
12th August 2010, 08:25 PM
Dasana though a great 'Carnatic' , when he goes into high octaves, it sounds very feminine and some time 'horrible' , I can give loads of of example. here is one

'Dom Dom dom dom nantha domtha .... ' from Sindhu bhairavi, when he reaches 'kaapai devi' it was like :suthum:

PM: This is highly ridiculous! :evil:

How could you degrade a true legend like this?

12th August 2010, 08:31 PM
aiyo i said about his high pitch pa, infact he is my 2nd fav after spb, i have been saying this for the last 5 years

any way :|

If you want I will delete that post and all of you please delete the corresponding posts

Could you pls delete all posts regarding Dr.KJY ?

thanks

12th August 2010, 08:32 PM
Only TMS and SPB were at ease on High pitches"உயிரே உயிரே உருகாதே" - ஒருவர் வாழும் ஆலயம் பாடலை ஒரு முறை கேட்டுப் பாருங்கள் பரமு. அந்தப் பாடலை பாலு பாடியினால் நானும் இங்கு நீங்கள் பதிவு செய்தது போல "சுத்தம்" என்றே சொல்ல நேரிடும். உச்சஸ்தாயில் சென்றிந்தாலும் சோக உணர்வையும் அப்படியே துளி பிசகாமல் எடுத்துச் சென்று திறம்பட பாடியிருப்பார் தாஸண்ணா. சில உணர்வுகளை தரும் பாடல்களுக்கு தாஸண்ணாவை மிஞ்ச இந்த உலகத்தில் யாரும் இதுவரை பிறக்கவில்லை.

12th August 2010, 08:36 PM
I have edited my post, so i hope fellow hubbers will do that as well :oops:

12th August 2010, 08:39 PM
thanks Params

12th August 2010, 09:20 PM
AhA! Vada pOchE. Inge enna nadandhuchu?

tamizharasan
12th August 2010, 09:33 PM

neenga kaNNa thirandhukkittu irukkaNum. Neenga pagalla kaNNa thirandhukkittu irkkarathE romba kammi. :lol:

12th August 2010, 09:55 PM

munadi page poyi parunga....edit panna posta quote pannirukanga....kuick

omega
12th August 2010, 10:08 PM

Params to Plums : --> Emathu Thiruvilayadalgalil ithuvum ondru
(Vada pona enna, aduthu paniyaram thayaraaguthu)

Params j/k

12th August 2010, 10:13 PM

Params j/k

:lol2:

tamizharasan
12th August 2010, 10:18 PM

Params j/k

paramashivanji praised spb more and criticised others singers when compared with talking about Kamal as singer.

12th August 2010, 11:17 PM
Only TMS and SPB were at ease on High pitches

what is ur opinion about Malaysia Vasudevan on this aspect

kid-glove
2nd December 2010, 08:43 PM
EngEyO thikkuthisai

:clap: :notworthy:

kid-glove
6th December 2010, 03:16 PM
Neruppu Vaayinil

- Itha thaan 'rendition'-nu sollanum. The laugh @ 3.21 is infernal flamboyance. My only trouble with MMA is none of the songs seem wholly immersible like this one. Even if they are catchy!

6th December 2010, 07:08 PM
Ammammaa vanthathingu from peer sollum pillai.

Its been years since listened to it. Such a cute song from IR and is a lengthy one - 3 saraNams beautifully sung by kamal with full of energy.

srimal
6th December 2010, 07:26 PM
Paneer Pushpangale...

One of my Fav :)

the best...

selva7
8th December 2010, 09:31 PM
அந்தரங்கம் தொடங்கி மன்மதன் அம்பு வரை கமல் பாடிய பாடல்கள் அத்தனையும் நம்மை கவரும் வகையில் தான் உள்ளது.

கமலின் பாடல்களின் தனித்தன்மையே உச்சஸ்தாயில் பாடுவதே ஆகும்.

rajprasanna
8th December 2010, 09:57 PM
Ammammaa vanthathingu from peer sollum pillai.

Its been years since listened to it. Such a cute song from IR and is a lengthy one - 3 saraNams beautifully sung by kamal with full of energy.

Whenever i hear this song, I feel like Kamal-ji brings in variations in the way in which the pallavi part "Ammamma vandhadhingu..." is pronounced.. i like it 8-)