PDA

View Full Version : Azhagarsamiyin Kudhirai - Suseendharan - Ilaiyaraaja

Nerd
11th August 2010, 08:45 PM
Start meesic.

vithagan
11th August 2010, 08:57 PM
IR kaaga :thumbsup:

Sussendharan mela innum confidence varala.. This Friday will decide his fate.. Lets see :wink:

Waiting to hear the complete folk album for IR :)

app_engine
11th August 2010, 08:59 PM
Good Suseendran, GO!

From the ad pic, looks like a very "native" movie and obviously IR is the best choice to inject the great feel by his BGM (though logic in the corner of my brain says that he could have been chosen for the "price-performance" factor.)

I hope there will be no "regular songs" and such boring stuff in such ventures that are based on litt. VKK was excellent and hopefully the director treads that path, taking out some of the run-of-the-mill requirements.

(BTW, the hero-worship-masAlA path that seems to characterize NMA - guess based on trailer / Karthi - may be ok for Suseendran's career growth. Yes, one has to do variety, but such masAlAs should be limited IMO)

Nerd
11th August 2010, 09:14 PM
Sussendharan mela innum confidence varala.. This Friday will decide his fate.. Lets see :wink:

Wow. I thought its next Friday. Yes its an acid test for him but this particular film is his territory, he will not fail in this I think.

Btw, GVM has been doing a lot of good things these days -

* VTV
* Semmozhi video
* Nadunisi naaygaL
* Collaboration with IR, Susee

:clap:

AravindMano
11th August 2010, 09:19 PM
He is also producing 'Veppam' - Anjana, debutant director, all new faces. Joshua Sridhar's music.

Nerd
11th August 2010, 09:24 PM
He is also producing 'Veppam' - Anjana, debutant director, all new faces. Joshua Sridhar's music.
I know about it too but somehow that project of his does not interest me as much as his others :-)

jaiganes
11th August 2010, 09:44 PM
The title and the still are very impressive.
As far as songs are concerned, naan edhukkum anticipatory bail vaangikkaren. because it all depends on "treatment" of the story and how suseendran can challenge IR. If he can then we can expect good songs. BGM ellaam thannaale varum. We can vouch for the movie if it has more "bit songs". It has been a while since there was a movie with Raaja's bit songs.

vithagan
11th August 2010, 10:36 PM
Wow. I thought its next Friday. Yes its an acid test for him but this particular film is his territory, he will not fail in this I think.

My Bad... Sorry.. :oops: its Next Friday.. Good..he escapes Friday the 13th :wink:

Vivasaayi
11th August 2010, 10:37 PM
Suseendran :clap:

Suseendran going for Ilayaraja suggests that the script needs Ilayaraja and it suggests that its something special.. :clap:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
11th August 2010, 11:35 PM
From the still - Who is the girl next to the elderly women ?? Is it Saranya Mohan :P ??

jaiganes
12th August 2010, 12:39 AM
From the still - Who is the girl next to the elderly women ?? Is it Saranya Mohan :P ??
yes.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
12th August 2010, 01:02 AM
:ty:

P_R
12th August 2010, 06:55 AM
IIRC azhagarsaamiyin kudhirai was the name of a short story written in Vikatan by Baskar Sakthi (who I see is the dialogue writer for this movie, he also wrote for VKK).

littlemaster1982
12th August 2010, 07:03 AM
Is that a short story or novel? I have read that one, but don't remember anything now :oops:

vithagan
12th August 2010, 07:20 AM
Is that a short story or novel? I have read that one, but don't remember anything now :oops:

I believe its a short story.. Suseendaran said in an interview his next creation will be from a 4 page story!!

P_R
12th August 2010, 07:28 AM
It is a long short story :-) Sort of a kuRunovel. I think it came for a few weeks. It is part of his second short story collection 'Kanakadurga' released few weeks back.

It is about the kudhirai vaaganam in the village temple going missing and the commotion that ensures. Very well written. Variety of characters: uLLoors perusus, kuRi sollum kOdangi, MalayAla maanthreegan, policemen, youngsters who care a hoot about traditions.

But if made as such it wouldn't run for more than an hour.So I guess, to make a full length Tamil film they may make many changes, extensions.

In one scene the maandhreegan gets aruL and says the horse is in certain direction to the police constable who is in mufti. He promptly reports to the senior officer in all sincerety
Sir, source of information aaththA sooli :rotfl:

I hope they retain these

littlemaster1982
12th August 2010, 07:32 AM
I remember it now. It was a fantastic story. I think it came as a small series. For 4 weeks or so.

Nerd
12th August 2010, 09:03 AM
P_R/LM - Do you remember when did it come in AV? The year/month? :oops:

Let me look up in the vikatan archives..

littlemaster1982
12th August 2010, 09:04 AM
Around 2004-2005 I guess. I'm not sure :?

Nerd
12th August 2010, 09:53 AM
Around 2004-2005 I guess. I'm not sure :?
I started with 2005 and when I reached March, I found it. Thanks LM :bow:

6 episodes. Will read it from work tomorrow. Will post the story here as well :-)

littlemaster1982
12th August 2010, 10:15 AM
Fortunately you didn't start searching from 2004 :) I have the UN/PW as well. Will try to post it.

Cinefan
12th August 2010, 10:57 AM
P_R,
Thanks for refreshing my memory.It was published in 2004/05 if I am not wrong.

Is it film material???????am skeptical.

varunlss12
12th August 2010, 12:21 PM
cast romba different ah eruku... Saranya mohan and tht cycle racer who acted in Vennila..... along with tht kuthirai....

Gautam kalakuraru with illayaraja combo...

MADDY
12th August 2010, 01:47 PM
GVM production-kku dhaane ilayaraja direction-kku illaye??.....even maniratnam has collabrated with karthik raja in that sense - title romba misleadinga irukku

ajaybaskar
12th August 2010, 01:50 PM
Still its a GVM-IR collaboration for the first time, right?

MADDY
12th August 2010, 01:52 PM

sollikkalaam

Bala (Karthik)
12th August 2010, 04:25 PM
Suseendran-a notice pannaama Swamigal in Kavudham direction nu nenachen first...

jaiganes
12th August 2010, 07:51 PM

sollikkalaam
ennamo james camerroon kooptaaga rangekku ellarum koovara maadhiri neenga vandhu 'uchchu' kotreenga?
:-)

SuraTheLeader
12th August 2010, 07:51 PM
Suseendran-a notice pannaama Swamigal in Kavudham direction nu nenachen first...

Why Indha Kola Veri ? :lol:
IMO,
Todays New Directors give success in thier first film and these medias give so much hype and comparing them to few legends.... which in no way acceptable.
Example is SUSEENDRAN,Kalavaani's Director SARGUNAM.
Only with one film and comparing them with K.BAGHYARAJ,K.B,BHARATIRAAJA,MR is too much.They may have the potential but should prove in the long run :cry:

There r other directors who have given first film as success and nowhere now....

Nerd
12th August 2010, 07:56 PM
-deleted by self-

Nerd
12th August 2010, 07:59 PM
-deleted by self-

Nerd
12th August 2010, 08:00 PM
Will post the rest later..

Vivasaayi
12th August 2010, 10:21 PM
Thanks Nerd :clap:

Awesome so far :)

Nerd
12th August 2010, 11:38 PM
Ada vidungappaa. GVM - IR was not the only reason I was excited. Susee - IR > GVM - IR for me. There have not been any new IR releases this year and he aint part of anything worthwhile at least in TFM. So I was excited that he is going to work on something which MIGHT be a classic. Also GVM has always been claiming (or has he?) that he is a big IR fan. So was happy with his association too, more than that I am happy with GVM for producing off-beat films.

Nerd
13th August 2010, 03:50 AM
-deleted by self-

Nerd
13th August 2010, 03:51 AM
-deleted by self-

Nerd
13th August 2010, 03:52 AM
-deleted by self-

Nerd
13th August 2010, 03:53 AM
-deleted by self-

Nerd
13th August 2010, 03:54 AM
-deleted by self-

SoftSword
13th August 2010, 05:58 AM
a welcome movie...
good to see Ilayaraja back... though he was doing a few other movies recently, i was interested in neither of them after NK

and IRku BGM eppovumae prachinai illa... thats his sixth sense, i am just hoping the songs to come good, something in the lines of Virumaandi.

and guys, another native movie with boring native accent? no pls.

NOV
13th August 2010, 07:52 PM
Disinfected.

app_engine
13th August 2010, 08:15 PM
Will read it from work tomorrow. Will post the story here as well :-)

ஆஹா, இதுவல்லவோ லட்சியம் :-)

Thank you Nerd, for posting a fantastic story!

சிரிச்சு, சிரிச்சுக்கண்ணில் நீர் தளும்பி விட்டது!

Hope Suseendran makes a decent film out of this - I'm sure he'll be able to handle the humor in a fantastic way, as proved by VKK.

Movie to look forward to!

SoftSword
13th August 2010, 08:23 PM
Will read it from work tomorrow. Will post the story here as well :-)

ஆஹா, இதுவல்லவோ லட்சியம் :-)

Thank you Nerd, for posting a fantastic story!

சிரிச்சு, சிரிச்சுக்கண்ணில் நீர் தளும்பி விட்டது!

Hope Suseendran makes a decent film out of this - I'm sure he'll be able to handle the humor in a fantastic way, as proved by VKK.

Movie to look forward to!

naanum padichaen...
nalla irundhadhu...
aana sirikkira alavu edhum enakku padaliyae...

i guess the grip must be in the treatment and the screenplay and not in the story.

app_engine
13th August 2010, 08:29 PM
[tscii:9568902028]SoftSword,

There's a huge element of Gounderism thru out - and possibly I put him mentally in the proceedings :-)

sample :

ÔÔசார், தயவுசெஞ்சு தப்பா நினைக்கா தீங்க. கரெக்டா அவன் குறி சொன்ன அன்னிக்கே ஆச்சர்யமா ஒரு குதிரை வந்து எதிர்க்க நின்னு வாலாட்டுது சார்!’’

ÔÔஎதுய்யா ஆச்சர்யம்? குதிரை வால் ஆட்டுறதா?ĠĠ

[/tscii:9568902028]

SoftSword
13th August 2010, 08:55 PM
i agree there are a few slapsticks...
the other one which PR mentioned, "source of information aatthaa!!"

but i felt like it was a good attempt by a new writer and not a regular/experienced one.

as somebody told, if made as a movie there is nothing beyond stretching it for one hour, unless the maker makes some interesting addups like in Kalavaani..

Vivasaayi
13th August 2010, 08:55 PM
app_e

yeah..this story has a great amount of gounder flavour..

Awesome simple story :)

venkkiram
13th August 2010, 09:06 PM
பள்ளி செல்லும் வயதில் பிரசுரமான குமுதம் சிறப்பிதழ் ஒன்றில் தங்களுக்கு பிடித்த சிறுகதைகள் என பிரபலமானவர்கள் பகிர்ந்துகொண்ட வரிசையில் ராஜாவும் தனக்கு பிடித்த சிறுகதை என கல்கியின் "இடிந்த கோட்டை"யை குறிப்பிட்டிருந்தார். அதைப் படித்தபோது மலைத்த்துப் போனேன். பிரமிப்பு அடங்க நேரம் பிடித்தது. யாராவது ஒரு இயக்குனர் அந்தக் கதையை சேதாரப்படுத்தாமல் எடுக்க முன்வந்தால் ராஜாவை கண்டிப்பாக அணுகவும்.

SoftSword
13th August 2010, 09:36 PM
app_e

yeah..this story has a great amount of gounder flavour..

Awesome simple story :)

awesome??
oru velai en rasanai avlo kevalamaa irukko??? :roll:

P_R
13th August 2010, 09:42 PM
the other one which PR mentioned, "source of information aatthaa!!" I was reading the story on the way to work in the office cab and was laughing out loud at several places.

but i felt like it was a good attempt by a new writer and not a regular/experienced one. I think he's been writing for nearly a decade now and his humour is quite deceptive. He can be quite poignant while draping the story in humour.

This is a pure delight story though. Even here, you can see very subtle use of phrases and expression. The scene in the police station
பெருமாளுக்குச் சற்று ஆசுவாசம் ஏற்பட்டது. நண்பர்கள் சுமத்திய பாவத்திலிருந்து கண்ணு ஆசாரி அவரை ரட்சித்துவிட, ஆசாரியை விசுவாசத்துடன் நோக்கினார் பெருமாள்.

He could have easily said sumathiya pazhi.
But once he uses the expression "sumathiya paavam" he goes on to use "ratchithuvida", "visuvaasam" giving a Biblical tone to the sentence :lol:

Vivasaayi
13th August 2010, 10:23 PM
பள்ளி செல்லும் வயதில் பிரசுரமான குமுதம் சிறப்பிதழ் ஒன்றில் தங்களுக்கு பிடித்த சிறுகதைகள் என பிரபலமானவர்கள் பகிர்ந்துகொண்ட வரிசையில் ராஜாவும் தனக்கு பிடித்த சிறுகதை என கல்கியின் "இடிந்த கோட்டை"யை குறிப்பிட்டிருந்தார். அதைப் படித்தபோது மலைத்த்துப் போனேன். பிரமிப்பு அடங்க நேரம் பிடித்தது. யாராவது ஒரு இயக்குனர் அந்தக் கதையை சேதாரப்படுத்தாமல் எடுக்க முன்வந்தால் ராஜாவை கண்டிப்பாக அணுகவும்.

ippothan padichen... :clap:

Sudarsh
13th August 2010, 10:44 PM
is this gautham menon's new movie? :shock:

venkkiram
13th August 2010, 10:45 PM

ippothan padichen... :clap:எதைப் படிச்சீங்க? இடிந்த கோட்டை சிறுகதையையா? என் பதிவையா?

Vivasaayi
13th August 2010, 10:55 PM

ippothan padichen... :clap:எதைப் படிச்சீங்க? இடிந்த கோட்டை சிறுகதையையா? என் பதிவையா?

:hehe... sirukadhai :)

app_engine
13th August 2010, 10:58 PM
dig

Viv / Venkkiram :

Is this (http://ta.wikisource.org/wiki/இடிந்த_கோட்டை) the story you are talking about? There's a faint memory that I've read it once long back. Typical Kalki nadai, very likeable!

end-dig

Vivasaayi
13th August 2010, 11:03 PM
dig

Viv / Venkkiram :

Is this (http://ta.wikisource.org/wiki/இடிந்த_கோட்டை) the story you are talking about? There's a faint memory that I've read it once long back. Typical Kalki nadai, very likeable!

end-dig

yep!

His narration is just awesome...I have always thought/imagined kalki's style as ornamental and avoided him . This is the first kalki's story that I ve read ...awesome.

app_engine
13th August 2010, 11:12 PM
Kalki style was always dynamic with mild humor. Full of action - not wasting lines in detailed descriptions etc - which was Sandilyan's style, whose descriptions were also "sexy" :-)

SoftSword
15th August 2010, 04:32 AM
the other one which PR mentioned, "source of information aatthaa!!" I was reading the story on the way to work in the office cab and was laughing out loud at several places.

but i felt like it was a good attempt by a new writer and not a regular/experienced one. I think he's been writing for nearly a decade now and his humour is quite deceptive. He can be quite poignant while draping the story in humour.

This is a pure delight story though. Even here, you can see very subtle use of phrases and expression. The scene in the police station
பெருமாளுக்குச் சற்று ஆசுவாசம் ஏற்பட்டது. நண்பர்கள் சுமத்திய பாவத்திலிருந்து கண்ணு ஆசாரி அவரை ரட்சித்துவிட, ஆசாரியை விசுவாசத்துடன் நோக்கினார் பெருமாள்.

He could have easily said sumathiya pazhi.
But once he uses the expression "sumathiya paavam" he goes on to use "ratchithuvida", "visuvaasam" giving a Biblical tone to the sentence :lol:

andha biblical tone'la perumala use panni edhachum solla vararo? :) j/k

Good to know about these... would be giving another read... oru velai ellaarum nalladhaa sonnadhaala oru expectationoda padichadhalo ennavo...

also, the one which nerd posted was missing many pieces when in a few posts, i don remember the lines u highlighted was there.. have to verify.

but i can say that, while reading the story, i could actually visualize every scene and characters very well, i was actually imagining ganja karuppu for that aattha-messenger turned constable :)

Nerd
10th September 2010, 07:55 AM
Another interview from 'overconfident' Susee. Anyway he did prove he was right in NMA since that film is a hit now.

ஒரு குதிரையின் கதை இது!

நா.கதிர்வேலன்

"ஒவ்வொரு இயக்குநருக்கும், இரண்டாவது படம்தான்... ஆசிட் டெஸ்ட்! ஏன்னா,

வெளியே எதிர்பார்ப்பு இருக்கும், உள்ளே கொஞ்சம் தலைக்கனம் ஏறும். 'சரி, பார்த்துக்கலாம்'னு மனசு சொல்லும். அப்படி எதையும் மனசில் ஏத்திக்காம நான் செய்த ஸ்க்ரிப்ட், 'நான் மகான் அல்ல'. நல்ல, மரியாதையான வெற்றி. 'ரொம்ப நன்றி. ஊர் உலகம் எப்படி இருக் குன்னு இப்பதான் புரியுது'ன்னு நிறைய தகப்பன்கள் போன் பண்ணிச் சொன்னாங்க. அடுத்து இன்னும் அழகான ஒரு கதை சொல்லப்போறேன்!" - வாழ்த்துக்களுக்கு இடையில் பேசுகிறார் இயக்குநர் சுசீந்திரன்.

" 'அழகர்சாமியின் குதிரை' தலைப்பில் ஆரம்பிச்சு ஸ்டில்ஸ் வரைக்கும் ரசனை தெறிக்குது. வெவ்வேறு வடிவங்களில் கதையை இயக்கும் துணிச்சல் எப்படி வந்தது?"

"இது என் நண்பர் பாஸ்கர் சக்தியின் கதை. 'அழகர்சாமியின் குதிரை' விகடனில் வெளிவந்த காலத்திலேயே, அதன் நகைச்சுவையும், துறுதுறு நடையும் எனக்கு ரொம்பப் பிடிச்சது. 'வெண்ணிலா கபடிக் குழு'-வுக்குப் பிறகு எடுக்க நினைச்ச படம் இது. ஆனால், 'நான் மகான் அல்ல' வெளிவந்து எனக்கு வேறு சில அடையாளங்களையும் கொடுத்துவிட்டது. 'அழகர்சாமியின் குதிரை'யை உலக சினிமா தரத்துக்குக் கொண்டு வந்திருக்கிறோம். நாவலோ, சிறுகதையோ சினிமாவா வரும்போது, அது கதையாசிரியர்களைத் திருப்திப்படுத்தியதில்லை என்பார்கள். நான் பாஸ்கர் சக்தியை என் பக்கத்திலேயே வைத்துக்கொண்டு அந்தத் திருப்தியைக் கொண்டுவந்திருக்கிறேன்!"

"ஹீரோவாக நினைத்தே பார்க்க முடியாத ஒருத்தர், அழகான பெண், குழந்தை மாதிரி ஒரு குதிரை... படத்தில் என்ன விசேஷம்னு எதிர்பார்ப்பினை உண்டாக்குதே?"

" 'வெண்ணிலா கபடிக் குழு' போஸ்டரிலேயே கதை இருந்தது. 'நான் மகான் அல்ல'விலும் கொஞ்சம் யூகிக்க முடியும். 'அழகர்சாமியின் குதிரை' மிக யதார்த்த பாணிக் கதை. மலையாளத்தில் இதுமாதிரி படங்கள் அடிக்கடி வரும். தமிழுக்குத்தான் புதுசு. படத்தில் உலவுற கேரக்டர்கள் எல்லாம் நீங்களும் நானும் தினமும் கடந்து போகும் சாதாரண மனிதர்கள்தான். தினப்படி வாழ்க்கையில் நாம மறந்துவிட்ட பழக்கங்கள், நம்பிக்கைகளையும் இந்தப் படத்தில் அடக்கியிருக்கோம். நகைச்சுவையா ஒரு கதையை யார் செய்தாலும் நல்லா வரும். தேனியை ஒட்டிய மல்லையாபுரம், பெரியகுளத்தில் இருந்து செல்லும் சரியான பாதைகூட இல்லாத அகமலையும் கதைக் களங்கள். ஒரு சின்னப்பையன், அஞ்சு ஊர்ப் பெருசுகள், கிருஷ்ணமூர்த்தி என்ற நடிகரின் பாத்திரம்... எல்லாமே சினிமாவுக்கான எந்த அடையாளமும் இல்லாம அசல் மனுஷங்களா வர்றாங்க!"

"இந்தக் கதைக்கு ஏன் அப்புகுட்டி ஹீரோ?"

"அப்புக்குட்டி 'வெண்ணிலா கபடிக் குழு'வில் நடிச்சவர். இந்தக் கதையின் உள்ளே போனதும் எனக்கு மனசுக்கு வந்தது அப்புதான். 'நீதான் இந்தப் படத்தின் ஹீரோ'ன்னு சொன்னதும், அவன் வாய்விட்டுச் சிரிச்சுட்டே இருக்கான். அவனால் சிரிப்பை அடக்கவே முடியலை. சாப்பிட முடியலை. தூங்க முடியலை. சரண்யா மோகனைக் கேட்டபோது அவர் ஜோடியாக நடிக்கச் சம்மதித்தார். அவருக்கு என் மேல் நம்பிக்கை இருந்தது. 'இவரோடா... நானா?'ன்னு கேள்வி கேட்காத நாயகியும் ஆச்சர்யம்தான்!"

"இசை இளையராஜா, தயாரிப்பு கௌதம் மேனன்னு டீமே ஆச்சர்யமா இருக்கே?"

"கௌதம் ஒரே ஒருநாள் படப்பிடிப்புக்கு வந்து பார்த்து எல்லோருக்கும் 'வணக்கம்' சொல்லிட்டுப் புறப்பட்டுட்டார். 'என்ன பண்றீங்க... ஏது பண்றீங்க?'ன்னு புரொடியூசர் மாதிரி ஒரு கேள்வியும் கிடையாது. இளையராஜாதான் இந்தப் படத்தின் இன்னொரு ஹீரோ. அவர்தான் இசைன்னு சொன் னதும், 'நல்லாப் பண்ணுங்க... நல்லா பண்ணுங்க'ன்னு சொன்னார். கதையைக் கேட்டதும், 'அருமையா வரும். சந்தேகம் இல்லாம பண்ணு. இப்படியே போ. இது வேற சினிமா. நல்லாப் பண்ணுவோம்'னு தைரியம் கொடுத்தார் இளையராஜா. இந்தப் பட ஒளிப்பதிவுக்கு சந்தோஷ் சிவன் மாதிரி ஒருத்தர் கிடைச்சா நல்லா இருக்கும்னு தோணுச்சு. அந்த இடத்துக்கு 'தேனி' ஈஸ்வர்னு ஒருத்தர் கிடைச்சார். முதல் படம்னு சொன்னா, யாரும் நம்ப முடியாத அளவுக்குப் பின்னி இருக்கார் மனுஷன். தமிழ் சினிமாவுக்கு நிச்சயம் ஒரு நல்ல சினிமாவைத் தருவேன்னு உறுதி சொல்றேன்!"

app_engine
20th November 2010, 12:42 AM
From a kisu-kisu I posted in IR section, it seems maestro is insisting with Suseendran on Budapest Symphony Orchestra, which would cost an addl 25 lacs. (People are talking about crores for a single song and this man is fighting for lacs).

Producer Gautham is supposedly not in agreement with this and the director is currently an "iru thalaikkoLLi eRumbu".

Depending upon one's interests, it's either good or bad news.

Nerd
20th November 2010, 12:52 AM
Producer Gautham is supposedly not in agreement with this
avarukku sure-aa panam (mattum) prachanaiyaa irukkaadhu :-)

The film would have cost less than 1C to make.

vithagan
25th January 2011, 01:28 AM
[tscii:be3128be28]
'வெண்ணிலா கபடிக்குழு’, ‘நான் மகான் அல்ல’ வெற்றிக்குப் பின் ‘அழகர்சாமியின் குதிரை’யுடன் தேனி மலைப் பகுதியில் வலம் வந்து கொண்டிருக்கிறார் இயக்குநர் சுசீந்திரன். அவருடன் பேசினோம்...

‘‘‘அழகர்சாமியின் குதிரை’ எனது மூணாவது படம். மலைப்பிரதேசத்தில் கோவேரு கழுதை இனத்தைச் சேர்ந்த ஒரு குதிரை. அதை வைத்து பொதி சுமந்து காடு மலைகளில் பாம்பு, பல்லி, பூச்சி பட்டைகளோடு வாழ்ற மலைவாழ் மனித வாழ்க்கைதான் படம்.இந்தக் கதை பாஸ்கர் சக்தியோட நாவல்.அதை படமா நான் இயக்குறேன்.ரொம்ப வித்தியாசமா வந்துக்-கிட்டு இருக்கு.இந்த ஸ்கிரிப்ட்டை முதல்ல கேட்டவுடனே படத்தை தயாரிக்க முன்வந்த மதன்,கௌதம்மேனன் ரெண்டு பேருக்கும் நன்றி சொல்லணும்.’’

ரொம்ப சீரியஸா இருக்கும் போல...?

‘‘அது தப்பு. குதிரையே வாழ்க்கைன்னு வாழ்றவனோட மனசுல காதல் வர, (காதலியா மலை கிராமத்துப் பொண்ணு சரண்யாமோகன்) குதிரை காணாமல் போயிடும்.குதிரை இல்லாம பொழப்பு கெட்டு வாழ வழி இல்லாதவனுக்கு பொண்ணு கொடுக்கத் தயங்குறாங்க. தனது குதிரையை கண்டு பிடித்து விடுவானா? திருமணம் எப்படி முடிக்கிறான்ங்கிறது தான் கதை. நகைச்சுவையா போகும்.’’

1982 காலகட்ட கதையா படம் பண்றதால ஒவ்வொரு ஷாட்டுக்கும் மெனக்கெட வேண்டியிருக்கு. மலைப் பிரதேசக் கிராமங்கள் வரைக்கும் இப்ப ‘டிஷ்’ வந்திருச்சு.இதெல்லாம் இல்லாத லொக்கேஷனா கண்டுபிடிச்சு படம் பண்றோம்.’’

இளையராஜா மியூஸிக் எப்படி வந்திருக்கு?

‘‘இசைஞானி ராஜாசார், எடிட்டிங் முடிஞ்சு போட்டுப் பார்த்து பிரமிச்சு போயிட்டாரு. கதையும், கதைக்கான ஷூட்டிங் ஸ்பாட்டும் அவரோட தேனி மண்ணுங்கிறதால, ரொம்ப லயிச்சிட்டாரு. மொத்த படத்தையும் பார்த்திட்டு அவரே பொருத்தமான இடத்துல பாட்டுப் போட்டு கொடுத்திருக்காரு. நிச்சயம் இந்தப் படத்தோட பாடல்கள் பிரபலமாகும்.’’

வழக்கமா உங்க படத்துல க்ளைமேக்ஸ்லாம் நெகடிவ்வாக இருக்கும். இந்தப் படத்துல எப்படி?

‘‘என்னோட முதல் ரெண்டு படத்தோட க்ளைமாக்ஸ் கூட பெரும் விவாதமா இருந்துச்சு.சமீபகாலமா நெகடிவ் க்ளைமாக்ஸ்தான் படத்திற்கு பரபரப்பா இருக்குனு ஒரு பேச்சு வந்திடுச்சு. ஆனா, இந்தப் படத்துல ஒரு பாஸிட்டிவ்வான, எல்லோரும் சந்தோசப்படுற, கைதட்டிட்டுப் போற மாதிரி க்ளைமாக்ஸ் இருக்கும்.இந்த ஸ்கிரிப்ட்டுக்குள்ளே நல்ல மெசேஜ் சொல்லியிருக்கோம்.’’

அடுத்து விக்ரம் படமாமே?

‘‘ஆமாம். அதற்குள் அடுத்த படத்துக்கான கதையும் ரெடியாயிடுச்சு. ‘போக்கிரி’ படம் பண்ணுன ரமேஷ் சார்தான் புரடியூசர். விக்ரம் ஹீரோ. யுவன் மியூசிக். Ĵட்டில் இன்னும் முடிவு பண்ணல. விக்ரம் சார் இதுல டபுள் ஆக்டிங் பண்ணுறார். லொக்கேஷன், ஹீரோயின் தேடுதல் நடந்திட்டிருக்கு.’’

விக்ரம் படம்கிறதுனால ஸ்பெஷல் ஸ்கிரிப்ட் பண்றீங்களா?

‘‘என்னைப் பொறுத்தவரை நான் எடுக்கிற படங்கள் எனக்கு நல்ல படம். சந்தோசமா இருக்கணும் என்பதை விட,தியேட்டரில் எல்லா தரப்பு ரசிகர்களுக்கும் பிடிச்ச மாதிரியும் ரசிக்கும்படியாவும் இருக்கணும். தயாரிப்பாளர்களுக்கு வியாபார ரீதியான வெற்றியாகவும் இருக்கணும் என்பது முக்கியம்.’’ என்கிறார் இயக்குநர் சுசீந்திரன் உற்சாகமாக..

[/tscii:be3128be28]

Nerd
25th January 2011, 02:15 AM
Thanjai Selvi of Eesan fame mentioned in 'Hariyudan Naan' that she has sung for Raja sir. Also ShreyaG tweeted some days back that she sang a nice village/folk number.

Hope they both recorded for this film :-)

gurusaravanan
31st January 2011, 01:28 AM
Onlynikil tweets suseendran finishes his azhagar samyin kuthira..ilayaraja gave mindblowing songs..

app_engine
10th February 2011, 04:07 AM
http://www.dinamani.com/Images/article/2011/2/6/6km1.jpg

Real background or green screen? (http://www.dinamani.com/edition/story.aspx?&SectionName=Cinema&artid=372447&SectionID=141&MainSectionID=141&SEO=&Title=)

varunlss12
10th February 2011, 07:51 AM
I think its a Real one

Nerd
17th February 2011, 01:25 AM
Susee interview about the film:
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/events/25657.html

All songs are montages. Raja apparently gave a standing ovation after watching the film (before doing the BGM)

Accepts that the endings in his earlier films were not that good (my only complaint about his films :thumbsup: ), promises this one will be positive and *complete*. April release.

Nerd
15th March 2011, 06:25 PM
Songs are out tomorrow. Samples - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004S2KH3G/ref=dm_sp_alb/275-1944675-6351826

http://dailythanthi.com/thanthiepaper/1532011/MDSG430562-M.jpg

Pras
15th March 2011, 06:43 PM
hope to hear some good songs of IR :D

Nerd
15th March 2011, 07:35 PM
Thanjai Selvi of Eesan fame mentioned in 'Hariyudan Naan' that she has sung for Raja sir. Also ShreyaG tweeted some days back that she sang a nice village/folk number.

Hope they both recorded for this film :-)
Whoa, its true :cheer:

jaiganes
15th March 2011, 08:00 PM
samples are promising.. Looks like we have a freakout number sung by Raaja for the beautiful poster still that Nerd has posted.. pretty much excited (rubbing hands together like Mark Taylor in slips)...

vithagan
15th March 2011, 08:07 PM
Songs are out tomorrow. Samples - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004S2KH3G/ref=dm_sp_alb/275-1944675-6351826

Poova Kelu :thumbsup:

Only three songs??

SoftSword
15th March 2011, 09:15 PM
after NK/NL, here is an album which I am waiting for and gonna download the first day and listen to.
we miss u IR.

SoftSword
15th March 2011, 09:16 PM
Poova Kelu :thumbsup:

Only three songs??

yes the album will have only three full length songs, as mentioned in some news reports prior.

V_S
15th March 2011, 09:20 PM
Nerd,
Why did you post the samples? :-D It's very tempting, but could not listen here at office. Have to wait till evening.

Nerd
16th March 2011, 12:13 AM
Nerd,
Why did you post the samples? :-D It's very tempting, but could not listen here at office. Have to wait till evening.
:lol: You should bring earphones to the office!

Anyway the thanjai selvi song is sure for the thiruvizhaa at the end of the film. The Raja sir song is for the real kudhirai + azhagarsamy + kids. And IIRC, Saranya Mohan character was not there in the novel. The duet is for azhagar-saranya I think.

somu_87
16th March 2011, 06:18 AM
Heard All the three songs .... but y only 3 songs ?? :banghead:

1) 01. " Kuthikkira Kuthikkira..."

Singers: Dr. Ilayaraaja

Lyricis: J.Francis Kiruba

Awesome number sung by the maestro himself.... Sir has tweaked his voice to suit the character I guess...very enjoyable song actually...and for sure, u ll smile at the end of the song and you know why when u hear it...Raja sir , Hats off !! :bow:

2. " Adiye Ivale ..."

Singers: Thanjai Selvi, Snehan, Lenin Bharathi, Hemambika, Murugan, Iyyappan,Master Regan, Senthil Doss, Anita & Female Chorus

Lyricis: Snehan

Thiruvizla song......few dialogues are exchanged between the characters before the songs starts...gud one, but now a days lot of songs pops up in this genre...Thanks to parutheeveran and subramaniapuram....So I didnt find anything exceptional here...May be I couldnt find...! :roll:

3. "Poovakkelu..."

Singers: Karthik & Shreya Goshal

Lyricis: Yugabharathi

Wow..stands out..pick of the album.....soothing duet from Raja sir....Karthik and Shreya excels here , probably the best voices in India for a Duet number...:musicsmile:

Overall, A very kutti album from maestro and as usual a job well done from him... but still IMO this doesn't surpass Nandhalala ... may be I shldnt compare both the albums as the muvies are of various genres... but wot to do, am a typical tamil cinema luver....

Nerd
16th March 2011, 09:36 PM
Sridhar Thollai tweets

I have a sneaky feeling that Azhagarsamiyin Kuthirai will click. Trailer and Raja sir song very good. Suseendran a gutsy guy. 3 Cheers 2 him

Seems trailer is out. Hope someone uploads it in youtube. The album, albeit short is THE album of the year, so far. Keeps getting better with every listen :bow:

Nerd
17th March 2011, 07:02 PM
Text of the speeches
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-08/azhagar-saamiyin-kudirai-17-03-11.html

And the vidoes:
http://www.videos.behindwoods.com/videos-q1-09/actor-actress-events/mar-11-03/azhagar-saamiyin-kudirai-suseendiran-17-03-11.html

littlemaster1982
17th March 2011, 07:39 PM
IR had only good things to say about Azhagarsamiyin Kudhirai in his Kumudam interview. Have never seen him talking about the films he works. Seems he is really impressed :) Watching it on first day :D

Nerd
17th March 2011, 08:46 PM
Just finished listening to the audio release speeches. Very very naaice. Baskar S, Balu M, Appukutty and Raja sir spoke well.

IR had only good things to say about Azhagarsamiyin Kudhirai in his Kumudam interview. Have never seen him talking about the films he works. Seems he is really impressed :) Watching it on first day :D
Vithagan plis to do the honors :-)

vithagan
17th March 2011, 08:57 PM
Just finished listening to the audio release speeches. Very very naaice. Baskar S, Balu M, Appukutty and Raja sir spoke well.

Don't have the Kumudam membership anymore :( Sorry :oops:

Nerd
17th March 2011, 09:00 PM
No probs man, I know kumudam is mostly useless :lol2:

HonestRaj
17th March 2011, 10:51 PM
Gowtham Menon'thaanu produce pannaru.. Cloud9'ku kai maathi vittutara

app_engine
17th March 2011, 10:52 PM
Gowtham Menon'thaanu produce pannaru.. Cloud9'ku kai maathi vittutara
sunior Azhagiri must be the disti

SoftSword
17th March 2011, 10:53 PM
trailers out yet?

V_S
17th March 2011, 10:55 PM
App,
As HonestRaj observed, the recent audio launch posters says the production is by "Escape Artists Motion Pictures" and produced by P. Madhan. Also GVM is missing from the audio lauch which says it all. And Cloud Nine is the distributor.

Nerd
17th March 2011, 10:58 PM
Madhan was part of VTV production too. Close associate of GVM.

V_S
17th March 2011, 11:04 PM
Oh, Thanks Nerd. I remember earlier posters had 'Photon Kathas', but recently this got changed, so thought producer also got changed.

Nerd
17th March 2011, 11:12 PM
Anyway lets dismiss GVM from the title of this thread.

I can't. I wonder why. LM, can you please assist? Just remove GVM's name from there :-)

littlemaster1982
17th March 2011, 11:23 PM
I can't. I wonder why. LM, can you please assist? Just remove GVM's name from there :-)

Done. Vbulletin doesn't allow members to edit the thread title.

Nerd
17th March 2011, 11:35 PM
Thanks LM :-)

app_engine
17th March 2011, 11:49 PM
When is ASK getting released?

Will there be theater shows in US?

Nerd
18th March 2011, 12:00 AM
April 8th I think. It will be released here but only in NJ/Bay area/Chicago. I d be surprised even if it makes to Texas :oops:

venkkiram
18th March 2011, 08:09 AM
அழகர்சாமியின் குதிரை - கதையை இப்போதான் படித்து முடித்தேன். பாஸ்கர் சக்தியின் நடை அசர வைத்தது. நகைச்சுவை கொட்டிக் கிடக்கிறது. பல இடங்களில் குலுங்கி சிரித்தேன் .. முதல் வாரத்திலேயே படத்தை பார்த்துடணும்.

Plum
18th March 2011, 11:52 AM

He was saying something like "Odura padam ellam kalai amsathOda iruppadhillai and vice versa.". At the same time, there were some confusing quotes of MGR and his janaranjaga capabilties.

Finally he said, "ippO nalla padangaL kalai amsathOda tamizhla varudhu. adhula sila OdAdhadhu duradhirshtamE. nAn isai amaicha padangaLnu adhukka sollavillai - adhallAmalum nalla padangaL varugindranA"

And to round off the confusion, he said "sameebathila international tharathula oru padam vandhadhunnu media ellAm pArAttiniAnga but makkaLukku andha padam perrusA pidikkalaiyE"

NandhalalavA? :lol:

Nerd
18th March 2011, 06:23 PM
Thanks Plum.

Some pictures - http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Movies/azhagarsamiyinkudhirai/944522.html

Looks like *the real azhagarsami* side of the story has been extended for the film.

V_S
18th March 2011, 07:53 PM
Superb stills. Thanks Nerd. Andha graamathukke pona oru feeling. Lovely locations. Especially, I loved 17th and 39th shots, brilliant!

SoftSword
18th March 2011, 08:24 PM
He was saying something like "Odura padam ellam kalai amsathOda iruppadhillai and vice versa.". At the same time, there were some confusing quotes of MGR and his janaranjaga capabilties.

Finally he said, "ippO nalla padangaL kalai amsathOda tamizhla varudhu. adhula sila OdAdhadhu duradhirshtamE. nAn isai amaicha padangaLnu adhukka sollavillai - adhallAmalum nalla padangaL varugindranA"

And to round off the confusion, he said "sameebathila international tharathula oru padam vandhadhunnu media ellAm pArAttiniAnga but makkaLukku andha padam perrusA pidikkalaiyE"

YS?.......

Saai
18th March 2011, 08:45 PM
His first film vennila kabadi kuzhu had one of the authentic village milieu on a tamil screen - not going overboard. And the slang used by the people and the people themselves in Vennila kabadi kuzhu is typical of the area in which it is filmed.

This film should really be a treat :)

SoftSword
18th March 2011, 08:50 PM
yes it was an awesome and unbelievably believable movie.
but is that a unmaikkadhai something? otherwise why should they kill the hero in the end, after elavating the movie with so much of positive energy. moreover, ovvoru sceneayum azhagazhagaa rammiyamaa eduttha oru director'ala kadasi oru scena mattum aniyaayamaa agoramaa epdi edukka mudiyumnu enakku puriyala.

app_engine
18th March 2011, 09:15 PM
His first film vennila kabadi kuzhu had one of the authentic village milieu on a tamil screen - not going overboard. And the slang used by the people and the people themselves in Vennila kabadi kuzhu is typical of the area in which it is filmed.

This film should really be a treat :)

+1

I could only give a brief / passing / limited listen to the songs. Average stuff.

Possibly very situational ones and may jell well with Suseendran's objectives...

Nerd
18th March 2011, 09:30 PM
The duet is sure not situational. Squeezed in perhaps. But the other 2 songs are 100% situational.

venkkiram
18th March 2011, 09:35 PM
but is that a unmaikkadhai something? otherwise why should they kill the hero in the end, after elavating the movie with so much of positive energy. moreover, ovvoru sceneayum azhagazhagaa rammiyamaa eduttha oru director'ala kadasi oru scena mattum aniyaayamaa agoramaa epdi edukka mudiyumnu enakku puriyala. I did not feel that climax as a forced one.. those kind of accidents can just happen to anyone in their daily life.. just accept that reality and move on. Moreover these kind of last minute shockings are not new to films. Most of the malalayam movies have tragedy ends.

V_S
18th March 2011, 09:36 PM
but is that a unmaikkadhai something? otherwise why should they kill the hero in the end, after elavating the movie with so much of positive energy. moreover, ovvoru sceneayum azhagazhagaa rammiyamaa eduttha oru director'ala kadasi oru scena mattum aniyaayamaa agoramaa epdi edukka mudiyumnu enakku puriyala.
+1 this is same reason I cannot watch it second time. And there is no reason to do that, that to create sympathy betweeen audience, but that did not work for me. Sutha abathama irundhuthu.

SoftSword
18th March 2011, 09:41 PM
I did not feel that climax as a forced one.. those kind of accidents can just happen to anyone in their daily life.. just accept that reality and move on. Moreover these kind of last minute shockings are not new to films. Most of the malalayam movies have tragedy ends.

neenga solradhu enakku puriyudhu.... en kelvi... avar climaxa mudivu pannittu apram kadhai eludhunaara? illa oru kadhaya oru pullila aarambichu oru flowlaye kondu poyi apram iyalbave avar setthaa iyarkayaa irukkum'nu andha scene'a eludhinaaara?
i am ready to accept the climax, i am jus questioning on what made him to write it that way.

Nerd
18th March 2011, 09:47 PM
Here is the VKK thread for newer hubbers to read - http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?7415-Vennila-kabaddi-kuzhu

Susee (again) scored a near 100 with a hardcore commercial film too. Very good talent - half the credit should go to Baskar Sakthi. Unbelievably 'easy' writing :clap:

Bala (Karthik)
19th March 2011, 12:06 AM

:lol: Swamigal kitta mike a neettaadheenga!

Bala (Karthik)
19th March 2011, 12:10 AM
The album, albeit short is THE album of the year, so far. Keeps getting better with every listen :bow:

+1
I could only give a brief / passing / limited listen to the songs. Average stuff.

As one would have expected/wished, hope its the same with me (sorry app, podhuva unga karuthukku opposite a irukkum)

littlemaster1982
19th March 2011, 12:14 AM
:lol: Swamigal kitta mike a neettaadheenga!

I thought this interview with Kumudam is quite good. No philosophies or anything of that sort. Straight and to the point. I think he was referring to Nandhalala there.

Nerd
19th March 2011, 12:24 AM
B(K), except the folk song, the other two are predominantly snyth driven but does not sound as bad as his other recent works. But lovely tunes, excellent singing (best of the best in the business - Karthik, ShreyaG and sir himself) and great arrangements. But I think padithurai will be much better. The director of padithurai is a big musical :-)

SoftSword
19th March 2011, 01:51 AM
andhap payyan chennai-28 product thaane?
curious to know who is doing the aattha aka constable role..

venkkiram
19th March 2011, 02:31 AM
கதையில என்னை மிகவும் சிரிக்க வைத்தது உள்ளூர் குறிகாரர் கோடாங்கி , அவரது மனைவி சரசம்மா, காவலர்கள் கூட்டணி ஏட்டய்யா, கான்ஸ்டபிள் வேலு, சந்திரன் .. இந்தப் பாத்திரங்களில் யார் யார் நடிக்கப் போகிறார்கள் என்ற ஆர்வம் மேலோங்கி நிற்கிறது. இதுல அப்புக்குட்டி என்ன பாத்திரம் ? அழகர் சாமியா? அப்படியேன்றால் அழகர்சாமி பாத்திரத்தை சுசி கொஞ்சம் நீட்டித்திருப்பார் எனத் தோன்றுகிறது. ஏனெனில் "படத்தின் மையப்பாத்திரம்" எனச் சொல்லுகிறார் அப்புக்குட்டி பாடல் வெளியீட்டு விழாவில்.

கதையை வாசிக்கையில் விவேக், வடிவேலு, சிங்கமுத்து போன்றவர்கள் மனதில் பாத்திரங்களாக வந்து விட்டு செல்கிறார்கள்.

V_S
20th March 2011, 12:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N5BKPDmgA8
Very emotional talk by Raja sir. Waiting to listen to the title score!

Nerd
25th March 2011, 06:19 PM
Releasing in less than 7 days!!

http://dailythanthi.com/thanthiepaper/2532011/MDSG431314-M.jpg

Nerd
25th March 2011, 11:21 PM
http://www.sify.com/movies/First-look-Azhagarsamiyin-Kudhirai-imagegallery-kollywood-ldyrgWchije.html?html=5

In a tiny village called Mallayapuram in Theni district, the people have been reeling under a three-year drought.
Though they believe that holding a festival called Azhagarsamy will bring the rains, nothing was done. Until now.

:rotfl:

app_engine
26th March 2011, 12:33 AM
Releasing in less than 7 days!!

Guess they don't want to wait till polls...

irir123
26th March 2011, 07:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N5BKPDmgA8
Very emotional talk by Raja sir. Waiting to listen to the title score!

earthquake 'iraivan seyal'! enna solraarunney puriyala

Nerd
27th March 2011, 08:49 PM
Fostponed since they just came to know about (the already fixed :lol2: ) India SL finals, a day after the original release date. (http://www.sify.com/movies/azhagarsamiyin-kuthirai-postponed-news-tamil-ld1qddhdhgi.html)

Anban
27th March 2011, 08:59 PM
Indian team mela aavvalavu nambikkai pola.. btw, Chennai -28 released on the date of 2007 WC final..
Fostponed since they just came to know about (the already fixed :lol2: ) India SL finals, a day after the original release date. (http://www.sify.com/movies/azhagarsamiyin-kuthirai-postponed-news-tamil-ld1qddhdhgi.html)

vithagan
1st April 2011, 10:31 PM
ASK supposed to Release rt?? Any reviews??:huh:

kubrick
14th April 2011, 02:14 AM
Indha padam eppo release?

V_S
14th April 2011, 02:35 AM
This film is expected to release in end of May. Postponed from April release to May due to Cricket and elections.

kubrick
14th April 2011, 11:29 AM
Oh! thanks mate. It's been real long since I watched a movie in theater. Idhukku thaan wait pannikittu irundhen, idhuvum postponed aa.. kizhinjithu! :(

Nerd
14th April 2011, 09:32 PM
http://www.tubetamil.com/view_video.php?viewkey=67ec84dc58d7de6e6975

Has parts of the trailer and two song vidoes (except the duet). The videos look very good and I am sure the songs will be hits. Anyway this one is a must watch. Susee talks well and the interviewer is my favorite IsaiAruvi VJ. Not that pretty but like the way she talks :-) :-)

SoftSword
14th April 2011, 09:42 PM
http://www.tubetamil.com/view_video.php?viewkey=67ec84dc58d7de6e6975

Has parts of the trailer and two song vidoes (except the duet). The videos look very good and I am sure the songs will be hits. Anyway this one is a must watch. Susee talks well and the interviewer is my favorite IsaiAruvi VJ. Not that pretty but like the way she talks :-) :-)

SOK: seenior kannu vechuttaandeee... nee avlodhaan...

Nerd
25th April 2011, 06:31 PM
From May 6. Best wishes to Susee 8-)

http://dailythanthi.com/thanthiepaper/2442011/MDSU112499-M-R1.jpg

Nerd
5th May 2011, 06:16 PM
From May 12 (a day before the election results) it seems. From Apr 1 to May 5 to this. Innum eththanaiyO. And they still have not shown the trailers in TV..

http://dailythanthi.com/thanthiepaper/552011/MDSU113718-M.jpg

SoftSword
5th May 2011, 06:19 PM
adutthu may18 mudhal bavani varugiradhu...
pongayya yov...

gurusaravanan
6th May 2011, 03:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szH_yV83hyQ

Nerd
6th May 2011, 05:39 PM
Hey thanks bro. I don't know if the trailer is going to evoke interest for someone who has not read the novel. Badly cut trailer if I may say so. Even vennila kabadi kuzhu trailer was not all that impressive. And I think they have milked the real azhagarsamy part of the story with a 'I-will-miss-a-super-figure-if-I-am-unable-to-find-my-horse' sort of thingi. Trailer BGM is typical raja sir, hope it was indeed composed by Raja sir.

venkkiram
11th May 2011, 04:48 PM
அழகர்சாமியின் குதிரை - லக்கிலுக் விமர்சனம் (http://www.luckylookonline.com/2011/05/blog-post_11.html)

பாத்திரத்தேர்வுக்கான ஆஸ்கர் விருது இருக்குமேயானால், சுசீந்திரனுக்கு தாராளமாக தரலாம்.

குறைகளும் இல்லாமல் இல்லை. முதல் குறை, இளையராஜாவின் பின்னணி இசை. இசையென்று பார்த்தால், வழக்கம்போல உலகத்தரம்தான். ஆனால் 1982ல் நடக்கும் கிராமியக் கதைக்கு நவீன இசையை ஏன்தான் இசைஞானி முயற்சித்தாரோ தெரியவில்லை.

படம் முடிந்து வெளியே வரும்போது ஃபுல் மீல்ஸ் சாப்பிட்டு, 420 பீடா போட்ட திருப்தி ஏற்படுகிறது. அழகர்சாமியுடையது அழகான குதிரை. அம்சமாக ஓடும்.

venkkiram
11th May 2011, 04:50 PM
அழகர்சாமியின் குதிரை - பா.ரா. விமர்சனம் (http://www.writerpara.com/paper/?p=2220)

சினிமாவுக்கு கௌரவம் சேர்க்கும் எழுத்து அடிக்கடி கண்ணில் படும். எழுத்துக்கு கௌரவம் சேர்க்கும் சினிமா அபூர்வம். சுசீந்திரன் இயக்கத்தில் அழகர்சாமியின் குதிரை, பாஸ்கர் சக்தியின் எழுத்துக்கு கிரீடம் சூட்டியிருக்கும் படம். சினிமாவுக்கென செய்யப்படும் சமரசங்கள் அதிகமின்றி, அதே சமயம் வெகுஜன மக்களின் ரசனையை விட்டும் நகராமல் மிகவும் கச்சிதமாக வந்திருக்கிறது இந்தப் படம். சுசீந்திரனுக்கு மனமார்ந்த பாராட்டு.

இந்தப் படத்தின் பின்னணி இசை ஓர் அபூர்வம். இதற்கு முன்னால் ஹே ராம் வந்தபோது இப்படித் தோன்றியது.

அழகர்சாமியின் குதிரை, மிக நிச்சயமாக ஒரு சிறந்த படம். இப்படியொரு படத்தைத் தருகிற பலத்தை சுசீந்திரனுக்கு ‘நான் மகான் அல்ல’வின் வெற்றிதான் தந்திருக்கிறது என்பதையும் மறக்காதிருக்க வேண்டியது நம் பொறுப்பு.

Nerd
11th May 2011, 06:22 PM
From Luckylook- "பாத்திரத்தேர்வுக்கான ஆஸ்கர் விருது இருக்குமேயானால், சுசீந்திரனுக்கு தாராளமாக தரலாம்."

+1. In both NMA and VKK thats one of the biggest pluses.

Kalaignar and IsaiAruvi are not promoting this one at all? I don't see trailers aired in TV. Anyway solo release for such a small film, only family fossible :bow:

V_S
11th May 2011, 07:28 PM
I certainly feel this film is going to rock! And will be a very different film compared to the run-of-the-mill films. Can't wait to hear the title song and the score.

Anban
11th May 2011, 08:51 PM
neraya trailers naan paathen.. gud posters as well.. Kuthirai kaanavillai-nu oru AD vera .. :lol: athu enna poster-nu inge ooru mullikkuthu..
From Luckylook- "பாத்திரத்தேர்வுக்கான ஆஸ்கர் விருது இருக்குமேயானால், சுசீந்திரனுக்கு தாராளமாக தரலாம்."

+1. In both NMA and VKK thats one of the biggest pluses.

Kalaignar and IsaiAruvi are not promoting this one at all? I don't see trailers aired in TV. Anyway solo release for such a small film, only family fossible :bow:

SoftSword
11th May 2011, 08:52 PM
interesting.. any links to those posters/pics?

Nerd
11th May 2011, 09:07 PM
neraya trailers naan paathen..
Oh, I put up with those silly VJs in IsaiAruvi for over an hour last night, just to catch the glimpse of the trailer. Anyway good news.

app_engine
11th May 2011, 09:51 PM
பரவாயில்லை, வலைத்தள விமர்சகர்கள் (கதை தெரிந்து போனவர்களாக இருப்பார்கள்) பாராட்டுவதில் இருந்து, தொய்வில்லாத படம் என்று புரிகிறது. கதை தெரியாமல் / படிக்காமல் போகும் மக்களுக்கு இன்னும் அதிகம் சிரிப்பு வர வாய்ப்பிருக்கிறது.

ரொம்ப சீரியஸ் ஆக்கி இருக்க மாட்டார்கள் என நம்புவோம்!

app_engine
11th May 2011, 09:53 PM
Kuthirai kaanavillai-nu oru AD vera .. :lol: athu enna poster-nu inge ooru mullikkuthu..

Hilarious :lol2:

Nerd
12th May 2011, 01:02 AM
Galatta Review - Positive
http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/review/reviewnews/n/829671053/movie/Azhagarsamiyin%20Kudhirai%20.html

Parthyy
12th May 2011, 01:32 PM
AZHAGARSAMIYIN KUDHIRAI MOVIE REVIEW -BW

Verdict: A charming and happy rural tale which is fairly engaging.
3/5.............
Hope it turns out commercially well.......

Nerd
12th May 2011, 05:35 PM
Sify (Sridhar Thollai?) - Good (http://www.sify.com/movies/tamil/review.php?id=14969606&ctid=5&cid=2429)

ajaybaskar
12th May 2011, 05:56 PM
Booked for Saturday eve show..

Nerd
12th May 2011, 05:58 PM
http://www.videos.behindwoods.com/videos-q1-09/director-interview/suseenthiran.html = Susee intru. Typical Susee, says அற்புதமான படம் :-)

Seems Raja has indeed used BSO :-)

Nerd
13th May 2011, 10:52 PM
Baradwaj Rangan doesn't seem to like it (http://baradwajrangan.wordpress.com/2011/05/13/bullet-point-report-azhagarsamiyin-kuthirai/) Then he dint like Naan Mahaan Alla either. But I heard similar views from some of my friends. :oops:

vithagan
13th May 2011, 11:23 PM
Rediff says Brilliant!!
http://www.rediff.com/movies/report/review-azhagarsamiyin-kudhirai/20110513.htm

sureshmehcnit
14th May 2011, 09:08 AM
18 BGM clips from Azhagarsamiyin Kudhirai

http://www.backgroundscore.com/2011/05/azhagarsamiyin-kudhirai-score.html

Enjoy!

San_K
15th May 2011, 01:13 PM
http://charuonline.com/blog/?p=2120

ajaybaskar
16th May 2011, 12:46 PM
Watched the film on saturday. From the very first frame, we are into a new locale. Although 'Mynaa' was shot in the same location, AK is way better in capturing the nativity factor. I didnt read the story that someone posted earlier in the thread. Neither did I read any reviews. So I could enjoy the movie better. Although the film lacks the pace that the recently successful movies (Ko, Kalavaani, etc) had, it doesnt affect the flow much. Suseendran is a serious talent IMO.

San_K
16th May 2011, 03:37 PM
Superb movie on par with Nandalala. While Nandalala has beautifully narrated scenes with artificial flavour, here everything is so natural that is the main different. Suseendiran has done everything interestingly what the nativity offers.

I felt 98% BGM was opt and some of them are fabulous especially towards interval and the climax (as like I liked in Nandalala :)). The last 25 min BGM has the power to move the audience to seat edge :clap:

SoftSword
16th May 2011, 03:52 PM
nanum watched.
nallaa irundhadhu... second half and the connection of the dots was good.
some same old characters in village movies like the helping widow, minor could have been avoided.

Riyazz
16th May 2011, 06:28 PM
Gud movie....... Ilayaraja :clap:

balaajee
20th May 2011, 11:54 AM
On watching some movies we feel "CAN BE DONE BETTER", ON WATCHING THIS MOVIE I FELT "NOTHING CAN BE DONE BETTER".
(they might have avoided songs & reduced movie to 1:30 hours).

Dir Suseendran- 3 MOVIES-3 Flavors. GREAT JOB!

Anban
22nd May 2011, 11:19 AM
super movie.. very very natural.. antha president payyan and his lover track was very good... humourous and emotion filled.. agamalai picturisation was terror..

and the title theme didnt disappoint even after the hype..

gurusaravanan
22nd May 2011, 02:26 PM
sema padam :) :)

gurusaravanan
22nd May 2011, 02:27 PM
super movie.. very very natural.. antha president payyan and his lover track was very good... humourous and emotion filled.. agamalai picturisation was terror..

and the title theme didnt disappoint even after the hype.. +1................................................ ..........

app_engine
22nd May 2011, 05:59 PM
and the title theme didnt disappoint even after the hype..

Raja not performing adequately when the stakes were high - never!

SoftSword
22nd May 2011, 07:09 PM
nanum watched.
nallaa irundhadhu... second half and the connection of the dots was good.
some same old characters in village movies like the helping widow, minor could have been avoided.

gave a second watch.... in bits and sequences....
samibamaa ellaa graamatthu padatthulayum varra oru adhiga prasangi payyan...
dreams songs.... not in foreign locations, but still a hero dreaming scene created just for adding a song...
the minor character is unnecessary/nonsense, for this kinda serene movie....
every scene has a funny moment embedded in....
the police inspector character and the actor are too good... also the kodaangi character... his dialogue deliver is so natural... apt choice...
songs are too good to hear while watching... especially the ir song.... everytime it makes me 'raja really?'
the background music apt for the village subject and the scenes but dont think they are fresh from raja... avaradhu usual style dhaan... maybe cos of his usual sounds....
when the youngsters guard around the village in the night... 'keralatthu padangal'il varra maadhiri music ;)

dhayavu senju perusunga ellaam paatthutu ovvoru sceneayum puttu puttu vainga...
note pannaadha neraya visayam neengalaam solli dhaan naan note pannuven....

Anban
23rd May 2011, 12:06 AM
title theme was really good and then the music was in sync.. good BGMs just gives the feel.. doesnt make us notice it seperately .. it was like that in this movie .. also in Nandhalala.. but as audience and due to those brilliant BGMs in the past my raja, we are searching for it and taking notice when we shud be just watching.. I was just watching.. interval block bgm super really.. also kuthurai intro super-aa irunthuchu.. nachchu scene...

cliche's are there.. obv.. atha avangale padathula kalaaikkuraanga..
ex.. ooorunu onnu irunthaa minor-nu oruthan kandippaa iruppaan..

SoftSword
23rd May 2011, 01:11 AM
i never said that bgm was out of the place... it was apt... i only said that the sounds were reminding 80s raja....
maybe it was intentionally done cos the story is happening around 20 yrs back... and during my first time watch the movie was in full flow and i din have chance to notice the bgm and all....
the only bgm i noticed was in the sentry scene... adhuvum 'andha' padam bgm nyabagap'padutthunadhaala dhaan...
alaigal oyvadhillai, old indian currencies... those 10rs notes.... and after a long time seeing those 1re, 2rs notes....

and minor, i din point it out as a cliche... andha padatthula oru dialogue'la varra maadhiri... azhagaa nadandhuttu varra thiruvizhaala suttha-patthamaa illaadha oru character....
i know there is nothing called a perfect movie without any cliche's.

thirumba sollikkaren... solra kurai ellaam oru urimaila solradhu dhaan....
padam pudikkalaenu solra kuraigal illa... padam pudichadhaala solra kuraigal....

anybody, any idea about suee's next project?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd May 2011, 03:52 AM
படமா இது?!? காவியம், கவிதை, கலை! கலக்கியிருப்பது ஒட்டுமொத்த டீமுமே :thumbsup: ( நந்தலாலா, அழகர்சாமியின் குதிரை போன்ற தரமான படங்கள் பெங்களூரில் ரிலீஸே ஆகாது :evil: ஏதோ "கண்டேன்" என்று ஒரு படம், சந்தானம் தவிர ஒரு முகமும் தெரியவில்லை, அது 5 தியேட்டர்களில் ஓடுகிறது. இந்தப்படம் ஒசூரில் ஓடுகிறதா என்றும் இணையம் மூலம் தெரிந்துகொள்ளமுடியவில்லை என்பதால் வேறு வழியின்றி திருட்டுத்தட்டிடம் சரணடைந்தேன் )

கதை ஆரம்பத்தில் சற்று தினுசு, சற்று பழசு என மாறிமாறிச் சென்றபோது நிறைய சந்தேகங்கள் வந்தன, இப்படி கதை இருந்தால் பின்னால் எப்படி சுவாரசியம் கூடும் என. அதற்கேற்றார்போல் சமீபகாலமாக வரும் கிராமிய படங்களுக்கே உரிய ஊர்த்திருவிழா, ஊர்ப்பெருசுகளின் வெட்டிச்சண்டை, மூடநம்பிக்கை, ரகசிய காதல் இப்படி பல. ஆனால் குதிரை தொலைந்தபின் சற்றே போக்கு மாறுவது, நீண்டநேரம் கதைநாயகன் அப்புகுட்டி அறிமுகமாகாமல் இருப்பது எல்லாம் நிமிர்ந்து உட்காரவைக்கின்றன. அப்புகுட்டி வந்தபின்னர் சூடுபிடித்துவிடுகிறது.

கதாபாத்திர தேர்வு, கதை செல்லும் தினுசு, இடையிடையே சொல்லப்படும்/வெளிப்படும் கருத்துக்கள், கருத்தாக்கங்கள், எல்லாமே டாப்கிளாஸ். அவ்வப்போது வேகம் குறைவதுபோல் இருந்தாலும் கிளைமேக்சும், பரவலாக வரும் பின்னணி இசையும் என்னை கடைசி வரை ஆர்வத்துடன் வைத்துருந்தன. ஆரம்பம் முதல் கடைசிவரை, இயல்பு குறையாமல் இருந்தது, மூல நாவலும் அதை வெகு திறமையாக படமாக்கிய விதமுமே காரணம். அதே சமயம் ஈயடிச்சான் காப்பி இல்லை என்பதற்கும் சிலபல சாம்பிள்கள் இருந்தன. உதாரணம், அந்த அதீத-நக்கல் சிறுவன், புரோட்டா காமெடி போன்றவை. சிறுவன் காமெடி எனக்கு உறுத்தலாகவோ போரடிக்கவோ இல்லை! புரோட்டா காமெடியும் கலந்து நன்றாகவே இருந்தது!

பொதுவாக மிருகங்களை தமிழ் சினிமாவில் ஒரு கதாபாத்திரமாக மதித்து பயன்படுத்துவது வெகு-குறைவு. கடைசியாக என்ன படம் என தெரியவில்லை. மும்பை எக்ஸ்ப்ரெஸ், அன்பேசிவம், மகாநதி போன்ற படங்களில், நாய் குதிரை எல்லாம் கதாபாத்திரம் தான் என்றாலும் ஜஸ்ட் வந்துபோகும் அளவுதான். ஆனால் இதில் படம்முழுக்க குதிரை வருகிறது, ஆனால் எந்த இயல்புமீறலிம் இல்லை. இதற்காகவே தனி பாராட்டு!

பாஸ்கர் சக்தி, வசனெம்ல்லாம் தனியாக எழுதினாரா தெரியவில்லை, ஒவ்வொரு வரியும் கலக்கல்! அப்புகுட்டி போலிஸ் ஸ்டேஷனில் கம்ப்ளெயின் செய்யவரும்போதும்கூட ஒரு சின்ன காமெடி!

இன்னுமா கிராமங்களில் பாரதிராஜா படங்கள் ரீ-ரிலீஸ் ஆகிறது?!? சரி, எம்ஜியார் சிவாஜி கருப்புவெள்ளை படங்கள் ரேஞ்சிலிருந்து இது நல்ல முன்னேற்றம் தான்! அந்த பகவதி பெர்ஃபாமென்ஸ் இன்னும் இம்ப்ரூவ்மென்ட் தேவை! பெர்ஃபார்மென்சில் இவரைத்தவிர அனைவருமே அசத்துகிறார்கள்

படம் முழுக்க, சமீபகாலமாக வரும் கிராமியப்படம் போலவே தோற்றமளித்தாலும், கொஞ்சமும் தொய்வில்லாமல் இருப்பதே படத்தின் பிளஸ் பாயின்ட். Hats off to Suseendran's Hatrick! சைலென்டா சாதிச்சிருக்கார்!

மொட்டைபாஸின் இசை பற்றி
திருவிழா பாட்டு சுமார்தான் என்றாலும், அடுத்துவரும் காதல் பாட்டு, சற்று புதிதாகவும், அதே நேரம் பழைய ராஜாவை இனிமையாக நினைவூட்டும் விதமாகவும் இருந்தது. எனக்கு மிகவும் பிடித்தபாடல் இதுதான்.

'குதிக்கிர' பாடலை புத்திசாலித்தனமாக ரெண்டாய் பிரித்திருக்கிறார்கள். இந்தப்பாட்டில் ராஜாவின் வாய்ஸ் மாடுலேஷன் ஆச்சர்யம்! ஆனால், அந்த காதல் பாட்டும் சரி, 'குதிக்கிர'வும் சரி, பின்னணியில் ஓடவிட்டு, உதட்டசைவு இல்லாமல் படமாக்கியிருக்கிரார்கள். ஆனால் அப்படி உதட்டசைவு இருந்தால் வழக்கமான பாடல்களாகிவிடும், இப்போது இரண்டு பாடல்களுமே மிகமிக இயல்பாக படத்துடன் பொருந்தக்காரணமே பின்னணி ஓட்டல் தான்!

டைட்டில் மைய இசை, அப்புகுட்டி அறிமுகமாகும்போது ரிப்பீட் ஆகிறது. இந்த படத்தின் பின்னணி இசையில், இருப்பதிலேயே டாப் கிளாஸ் இதுதான். பின்னணி இசை, பக்காவாக அதே சமயம், கவனத்தை ரெம்பவும் கலைக்காமல், காட்சியோடும் பொருந்தி உள்ளது. முழு கிராமியமாக இல்லாமல், மிகவும் நவீனமாக, நிறைய ஷெனாய் வாசிப்புடன் இருப்பது வரவேற்கவேண்டிய புதுமை.

மற்ற பளிச் பின்னணி இசைத் துணுக்குகள்:-
- புரோட்டா காமெடியனின் அறிமுகம்(இவர் பேர் என்ன? "கள்ளாட்டம்" சூப்பரா ஆடுகிறார் )
- பகவதியிடம் அஸிஸ்டென்டாக சேருமிடம்( காமெடியனின் ஏக்கமும், காட்சியின் குசும்பும் சேர்ந்த இசை, சிறியதென்றாலும் நச் :lol2: )
- கதாநாயகி வீட்டிலிருந்து கீழே இறங்கி வரும்போது ( சாதாரண காட்சி போல் தோன்றும், ஆனால் ஷெனாய் வழியே உசிரை உருக்குகிரார் )
- கடைசியில் அந்தக் குதிரை ஓடியபடியே பாதி கிளைமாக்ஸை முடித்துவிடுகிறது, அப்போது வரும் இசையும் கிராமியமாக இல்லாமல் மிக நவீமான கலக்கல்!
- கடைசியில், மழை வரும் அறிகுறியை காட்டும் சிறு பின்னணி இசை உலகத்தரம்! இந்தாளுக்கு இதுபோன்ற சிச்சுவேசனையே குடுங்கப்பா
- கடைசியில், அப்புகுட்டி, ராஜா மாதிரி குதிரை மேல் உட்கார்ந்துவரும் காட்சி

(coudn't differentiate shenai & oboe at places)
ஆக, இந்த வருடத்தின், உருப்படியான படம், இசை. ஐயம் வெரி ஹாப்பி, ஸ்டார்ட் மியூசிக் :thumbsup:

SoftSword
23rd May 2011, 04:09 AM
sakala.... nice review...
best thing is the screenplay... i never felt like the movie was slowing down anytime... i don mind it until things are happening, slower or faster...

remembering one good moment...
in the theatre, a moment she tells him not to touch her... and the next moment she leans on his shoulder...
cho chweet.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd May 2011, 04:38 AM
Softsword,

அட, ஆமாம்ல, கதை வசனம் பாஸ்கர் சக்தியின் அசத்தல் என்றாலும், திரைக்கதை சுசீந்திரன் தானே. அனேகமாக, நாவலை மிகத்திறமையாக திரைக்கதையாய் மாற்றி இருக்கிரார் என நினைக்கிறேன். அதனால் தான் நமக்கு சமீப கிராமியப்படங்களின் ட்ரெண்ட்/பாணி இருப்பதாகத் தோன்ருகிரது. அதுதான் ஒரு பரிச்சியமும் தந்து நம் ஆர்வத்தை படத்தின்பால் பிடித்துவைக்கிரது.

அதேபோல் அந்த "பூவைக்கேளு" பாடல், நீங்கள் சொன்னது மட்டுமின்றி பாடல் முழுக்க ஒரு அழகான சிறுகதை தான்! சுசீ இவ்ளோ திறமைக்காரரா?! அந்தப்பாடலி, வரும் கோயில் காட்சியில், நாயகி கோயில் வாசலில் கால்வைக்க யோசிப்பதுபோல் வைத்து ஜாதி மேட்டரையும் காட்டியிருக்கிறார்.

அந்த கடவுள் மறுப்பு நாயகன் கொள்கை என்றெல்லாம் பேசாமல் யதார்த்த வாழ்வில் உள்ள மூடநம்பிக்கைகளை மட்டும் நக்கலக்கடிப்பது அழகு!

இதுபோன்ற, மாறுபட்ட, வித்யாசமான கதானாயகனை(அப்புகுட்டி) கொண்ட படத்தை இப்பெல்லாம் நாம் எந்த மறுப்புமின்றி, சகஜமாக எதிர்நோக்குகுறோமே, நம்ம ரசனையும் நல்லா தேறிவிட்டது இல்லையா :D

இன்றைய இயக்குனர்களுக்கு கதைப்பஞ்சம், brain-drain இருந்தால், வெளிநாட்டுப்படங்களை சுடுவது, பக்கத்துமாநில படங்களை ரீமேக்குவது, இதைவிட, நம் தமிழ் இலக்கியங்கள் கதைகளில் நோண்டினாலே இதுபோன்ற முத்துக்கள் கிடைக்கும். இலக்கியம் வாயிலாக திரையுலகில் சுத்தமான காற்றும் வீசும். உலகத்தரம் எல்லாம் இங்கேயே கொட்டிக்கிடக்கிரது. சரியான கதையை இம்ப்ரூவைஸ் செய்து திரைக்கதையாக்கும் திறன் இருந்தாலே போதும்! சுசீந்திரன் அதற்கு ஒரு பளிச்சிடும் உதாரணம். வாழ்த்துக்களும் பாரட்டுகளுக்கும் உரியவர் அவர்

SoftSword
23rd May 2011, 04:57 AM
sakala... i was also wondering why she is reluctant to keep her foot on the temple steps....
but i never thought its cos of the caste difference.. idha dhaan... sila visayam ellaam matthavanga paatthutu solunganu sonen....
initially i was thinking that way, but i thot like it would not be that way as her father is also a temple priest...

also in the scene where they go that temple, the guy resists to keep thiruneer in his forehead... so he is kinda against god too... but yeah he doesn get into propoganda mode...
after all, functions and festivals are blessing in disguise for lovers right... :)

apram.... one another thing i liked in this movie is... the heroine... kannu summaa pesudhu.... note place where she says nee munnaala po, naan varen....

littlemaster1982
23rd May 2011, 05:38 PM
இன்னுமா கிராமங்களில் பாரதிராஜா படங்கள் ரீ-ரிலீஸ் ஆகிறது?!?

The film is set in 80s.

புரோட்டா காமெடியனின் அறிமுகம்(இவர் பேர் என்ன? "கள்ளாட்டம்" சூப்பரா ஆடுகிறார் )

Suri. I didn't like his track. Some of the additions to the original story didn't work well for me (Azhagarsami's wedding issue, Villain and most importantly climax). Other than these quibbles, this is a solid film.

SoftSword
23rd May 2011, 05:40 PM
master oru complete review pls. with + and -

littlemaster1982
23rd May 2011, 06:09 PM
master oru complete review pls. with + and -

Idhukku mela enakku ezhudha varaadhu :ashamed: Also, whatever I write will be a comparison between the short story and the film, which wouldn't do any justice to this film.

SoftSword
23rd May 2011, 06:12 PM
ada summa unga observations eludhunga...
naanum story padichuttu dhaan padam paatthaen... so i could relate to ur pov.

directhit
23rd May 2011, 06:15 PM
புரோட்டா காமெடியனின் அறிமுகம்(இவர் பேர் என்ன? "கள்ளாட்டம்" சூப்பரா ஆடுகிறார் ) திருமாறன் (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/member.php?7931-Thirumaran) :-P

Plum
23rd May 2011, 06:36 PM
unnigurukkaL sArE, summA ezhudhunga boss. Comparing the shortstory and the movie-yum oru review POV dhAnE - adhaiyum padhivu paNNa vENAvA?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd May 2011, 06:57 PM
புரோட்டா காமெடியனின் பேர் புரோட்டா சூரி என தினமலரில் படித்தேன். அவர் ஸ்லாங்கே காமெடியாக இருக்கிறது!

littlemaster1982
23rd May 2011, 07:09 PM
புரோட்டா காமெடியனின் பேர் புரோட்டா சூரி என தினமலரில் படித்தேன். அவர் ஸ்லாங்கே காமெடியாக இருக்கிறது!

Appo naan post pannadhai padikkalaiya :twisted:

SS/Plum,

Konjam time kudunga :)

SoftSword
23rd May 2011, 07:14 PM
Appo naan post pannadhai padikkalaiya :twisted:

SS/Plum,

Konjam time kudunga :)
alrite.
inru poi naalai vaa

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd May 2011, 07:14 PM
lm, just now i saw ur post!

SoftSword
23rd May 2011, 07:21 PM

actualaa parotta kadaikkulla avar nozhaiyirappo VKK reference vechu innoru lengthy comedy izhutthuruvaangalonu nenachaen...
good that it was handled very crisp 'aahaan... namakku idhu patthaadhu'

littlemaster1982
23rd May 2011, 07:55 PM
actualaa parotta kadaikkulla avar nozhaiyirappo VKK reference vechu innoru lengthy comedy izhutthuruvaangalonu nenachaen...
good that it was handled very crisp 'aahaan... namakku idhu patthaadhu'

Yes, that was neat :thumbsup:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd May 2011, 07:59 PM
how is it doing at Box Office?! THere are lots of promo/ads in Kalaigner and Vijay TV.

joe
23rd May 2011, 08:00 PM
this is a solid film.
:shock: LM -ye புகழ்றாரா :)))

V_S
23rd May 2011, 08:08 PM
SKV,
Marvellous, wonderful and detail review! :clap: Had a feeling like watching the film.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
24th May 2011, 10:21 AM
thanks V_S, கொஞ்சம் எழுத்துப் பிழை இருந்தது அதை பொருட்படுத்தாம படிச்சதுக்கு(ம்) நன்றி :)

ஏம்பா தமிழ்நாட்ல சென்னைல இருக்குறவங்க, படம் எப்படி போகுதுன்னு சொல்லுங்கப்பா

San_K
24th May 2011, 12:49 PM
அந்த கடவுள் மறுப்பு நாயகன் கொள்கை என்றெல்லாம் பேசாமல் யதார்த்த வாழ்வில் உள்ள மூடநம்பிக்கைகளை மட்டும் நக்கலக்கடிப்பது அழகு!

Exactly. overa pesura pagutharivuvaathigal maathiri illamal Vehu iyalpu, appadiye enna ninachukitten :lol:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
25th May 2011, 02:05 PM
படத்துக்கு பெரும் பலமாக இருப்பவர் இசைஞானி இளையராஜா. மனதை நெகிழ வைக்கும் டைட்டில் இசையுடன் தொடங்கும் அவர் ராஜாங்கம் க்ளைமாக்ஸில் விஸ்வரூபம் எடுக்கிறது.

அப்புக்குட்டி அறிமுகமாகும் காட்சிக்கு அவர் பிரயோகித்திருக்கும் இசை... வர்ணனைகளுக்கு அப்பாற்பட்டது. அதேபோல, அந்த சண்டைக் காட்சியின் ஆரம்பத்தில் மவுனத்தையும், போகப் போக இசையால் அந்தக் காட்சியின் உக்கிரத்தை உணர வைப்பதும் இளையராஜாவால் மட்டுமே சாத்தியம்.

மூன்றே பாடல்கள். அவற்றில் 'பூவக் கேளு...' மிக அழகான மெலடி. 'குதிக்கிற குதிக்கிற குதிரைக் குட்டி...' ராஜா ஸ்பெஷல். துள்ள வைக்கிறது.

Full review - http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/review/2011/05/25-azhagarsamyin-kudhirai-movie-review-aid0136.html

venkkiram
7th June 2011, 05:17 PM
இசை பற்றி சாரு:

நாட்டுப்புறக் கதை என்பதால் அழகர்சாமியின் குதிரையில் இசையமைப்புக்கும் பாடல்களுக்கும் நல்ல வாய்ப்பு இருந்தது. ஆனால் அப்படி அமையவில்லை. தொல்சமூகங்களின் பழக்கவழக்கங்களைக் கொண்ட ஒரு கிராமத்தில் நடக்கும் கதையில் மேற்கத்திய சாஸ்த்ரீய சங்கீதம் சார்ந்த பின்னணி இசையைப் போட்டால் அதை என்னவென்று சொல்வது? மேல்நாட்டுக்காரர்கள் பார்த்தால் ”உங்கள் கிராமத்து மக்கள் பீத்தோவனையும் மொஸார்ட்டையும் கேட்கிறார்களா?” என்று ஆச்சரியப்பட மாட்டார்களா? அவரிடம் போய் இந்தப் படம் ‘ஒரு மாதிரியான’ புத்திஜீவிகளுக்கான படம் என்று யார் சொன்னார்கள் என்று தெரியவில்லை.

Ethnic தன்மை கொண்ட பருத்தி வீரனில் யுவன் ஷங்கர் ராஜா ஒரிஜினலான தமிழ் நாட்டார் இசையைக் கொடுத்திருந்தார். அழகர்சாமியின் குதிரையில் அப்படி நடக்கவில்லை.

preethamm
8th June 2011, 02:58 AM
thanks V_S, கொஞ்சம் எழுத்துப் பிழை இருந்தது அதை பொருட்படுத்தாம படிச்சதுக்கு(ம்) நன்றி :)

ஏம்பா தமிழ்நாட்ல சென்னைல இருக்குறவங்க, படம் எப்படி போகுதுன்னு சொல்லுங்கப்பா
budget kammi thaan(2 C)...atharku tappaatha oottam
still continuing fourth week in most released centres

Nerd
8th August 2011, 09:08 PM
Sumaar. The movie was quite ambitious, as in it tried to achieve so many things but only very few clicked. There were very few laughworthy scenes which was the biggest disappointment. The malayala bagavathi, constable (who was hilarious in the story) were so meh. Very lame. Dramatizing real azhagarsamy's story, trying to milk some tears / sympathies from ladees audience perhaps did not work with me at all.

On the positive side, few jokes worked very well and a couple of Susee-added subplots like the Tirupur baniyan factory, that notorious kid in the first few scenes worked really well. And the love bErds were good too. And of course Raja's BGM. Typical yet atypical for such a film. Brilliant. But there was no need for Raja to sing like 'that' for the kudhirai song. Annoying if I may say so.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th August 2011, 10:03 PM
But there was no need for Raja to sing like 'that' for the kudhirai song. Annoying if I may say so.எதை சொல்ரீங்க! ரெண்டாவது சரணமா?!? ஒரு குதிரைக்காரனுக்கு அழகான பொண்ணு கெடச்சா இப்படித்தான் தோணும்னு நெனச்சி பண்ணிருக்காங்களோ. ஆனா எனக்கும் அது பிடிக்கல.

Nerd
8th August 2011, 10:34 PM
The entire song'gna. What was the need for him to alter his voice while rendering it? Was azhagarsamy mentally retarded or something? He does not even come across as very 'veLLanthi' nor does he talk like that voice.

HonestRaj
8th August 2011, 10:40 PM
Sumaar.

:D

sila kaalamaga iruvarum kuripidum padiyaana aLavu oru aniyil irukkirOm.

Nerd
8th August 2011, 11:31 PM
Yes. Verr nice :D

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th August 2011, 11:56 PM
Nerd, i hope u like the louu song. Theme Music/Intro is one of the best in his recent times.

Nerd
9th August 2011, 12:19 AM
Of course! I even like(d) the kuthikkira song before watching the film. Just was disappointed with the rendering which has no relevance to the story/character.

littlemaster1982
9th August 2011, 12:25 AM
The main problem with AK is, Suseendran didn't offer much other than what was already written (in the novel). The expanded humor scenes (exception: Thiruvizha vasool scenes) and Azhagarsami's backstory didn't work much.

SoftSword
9th August 2011, 03:24 PM
oru murai paakkurappo nallaa dhaan irundhadhu... but there it is...
adhukkappuram manasula nikkila... neither did i feel like giving a second watch....

much like what i mentioned in the begining:
http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8603-Azhagarsamiyin-Kudhirai-Suseendharan-Ilaiyaraaja&p=535107&viewfull=1#post535107

varunlss12
10th August 2011, 12:31 AM
Watched the movie last night.
I'm much impressed with this movie. Simple story n gud screenplay. Thiruttu DVD la paarthadhaala cinematography BGM ellam gavanikka mudiyala nalla print vandha should watch again.

Anban
10th August 2011, 08:59 PM
Nerd avargale,

the movie makes a striking impact.. very pleasant and beautiful .. not much artificial.. over analyse panni kastta padaatheenga..

Nerd
10th August 2011, 09:06 PM
Naan engappa overanalyse panninen? Chippu varalai (enda ammE/constable) and azhugai varalai (azhagarsamy kadhai) apdeenu dhaane sonnen... :cry:

app_engine
10th August 2011, 09:47 PM
Chippu varalai (enda ammE/constable) and azhugai varalai (azhagarsamy kadhai) apdeenu dhaane sonnen... :cry:

:lol:

Next kostin , "why should you laugh or cry when watching a movie?"

SoftSword
10th August 2011, 09:51 PM
answer: so that we can answer anban if the movie did make a striking impact.

Plum
11th August 2011, 09:39 AM
Softie, same anderson padam pArthu azhugai, chippu ellAm vandhudhA?

SoftSword
11th August 2011, 03:17 PM
Softie, same anderson padam pArthu azhugai, chippu ellAm vandhudhA?

that movie obviously created a striking impact... the kind of impact which makes ppl like you to mention him and his movies once in two days atleast...

ajaybaskar
11th August 2011, 03:23 PM
No striking impact and all.. But was a refreshing one.. :-) (I meant AK)

varunlss12
12th August 2011, 12:27 AM
No striking impact and all.. But was a refreshing one.. :-) (I meant AK)

+1

Oru doubt: Impact irundha thaaan adhu nalla padama?

jaiganes
12th August 2011, 12:42 AM
Nenjai nalla nakkina adhu emotional manipulation..
konjam dhoorakka nakkaama irundha "impact podhalai"
Black widow spideroda purushan maadhiri distancela irundhu nakkanum, konjam pakkamaavum
irukkanum - nemba kushtamappa..

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
12th August 2011, 12:50 AM
No striking impact and all.. But was a refreshing one.. :-) (I meant AK)ஏன் இருக்காது ?!? செல்ஃபோன் கம்பூட்டர் எல்லாம் இல்லாத/வராத காலத்துல ஒரு சின்ன கிராமத்துல நடந்த அழகான கதை!

ஆனா, அங்கங்க கொஞ்சம் நல்லா பட்டி டிங்கரிங் எல்லாம் பண்ணிருந்தா நெர்ட் போன்ற நல்ல ரசிகர்களுக்கும் புடிச்சிருக்கும்!

irir123
13th August 2011, 10:18 PM
Nenjai nalla nakkina adhu emotional manipulation..
konjam dhoorakka nakkaama irundha "impact podhalai"
Black widow spideroda purushan maadhiri distancela irundhu nakkanum, konjam pakkamaavum
irukkanum - nemba kushtamappa..

sounds like annan GM instructing Senthil and co "naan appadi poosum podhu, neenga ippadi sutthanum, naan ippadi poosumbodhu, neenga appadi suthhanum - eeyam poosinadhu madhiriyum irukkanum, poosaadha maariyum irukkanum, aanaa paleernu irukkanum - idhellaam thozhil 'naakkumaa' !

ajaybaskar
7th March 2012, 01:19 PM
சுசீந்திரன் இயக்கிய 'அழகர்சாமியின் குதிரை' படத்திற்கு சிறந்த பொழுதுபோக்கு திரைப்படத்திற்கான தேசிய விருதினை வென்றுள்ளது.

சுசீந்திரன் இயக்கிய 'அழகர்சாமியின் குதிரை' படத்தில் நடித்த அப்புக்குட்டிக்கு சிறந்த உறுதுணை நடிகருக்கான தேசிய விருதினை வென்றுள்ளார்.

ajaybaskar
7th March 2012, 01:34 PM
But why Appukutty has been awarded in the 'Best Supporting Actor' category? Then who is the lead actor? That Kudhirai?

P_R
7th March 2012, 01:41 PM
:roll: சரி விருதைக் குடுங்க, வாங்கிக்கிறோம்

P_R
7th March 2012, 01:41 PM
The president's son of course.
More screen time. Has a jodi also.

Balaji.r
7th March 2012, 01:42 PM
:rotfl: vidya balan won for dirty picture. WTH

P_R
7th March 2012, 01:42 PM
:rotfl: vidya balan won for dirty picture. WTH :lol: B(K) engirundhaalum mEdaikku varavum.

Plum
7th March 2012, 02:03 PM
FilmfareA? NeshanalA? Filmfare, Screen india, ndtv award elaam Vidya Balan reserved. NeshanalnA oru vELai Walt Disney Roy Kapur long arm reachA irukkalAm

raajarasigan
7th March 2012, 03:35 PM
சுசீந்திரன் இயக்கிய 'அழகர்சாமியின் குதிரை' படத்திற்கு சிறந்த பொழுதுபோக்கு திரைப்படத்திற்கான தேசிய விருதினை வென்றுள்ளது.

சுசீந்திரன் இயக்கிய 'அழகர்சாமியின் குதிரை' படத்தில் நடித்த அப்புக்குட்டிக்கு சிறந்த உறுதுணை நடிகருக்கான தேசிய விருதினை வென்றுள்ளார்.:clap: nAn unnum indha padam pAkkala.. :oops:

SoftSword
7th March 2012, 03:59 PM
:rotfl: vidya balan won for dirty picture. WTH

avlova exposure illa... edhukku kudutthaainga?

SoftSword
7th March 2012, 05:43 PM
appukutty deserved it... :clap:
idha dhaan natural acting'nu solrangalo

Balaji.r
7th March 2012, 07:59 PM
avlova exposure illa... edhukku kudutthaainga?

Maybe National award committee members first rowla ukkanthu padam paathurupanga.

app_engine
7th March 2012, 09:20 PM
உறுதுணை

:lol:

Roshan
7th March 2012, 09:23 PM
haha even I couldn't control :rotfl2: when I saw the word உறுதுணை Nadigar :lol:

tamizharasan
7th March 2012, 09:35 PM
FilmfareA? NeshanalA? Filmfare, Screen india, ndtv award elaam Vidya Balan reserved. NeshanalnA oru vELai Walt Disney Roy Kapur long arm reachA irukkalAm
I realize that not many people happy with vidya balan winning this award. Not many femal lead oriented get released in this country, so I don't see problem there. But please come up with who else should have or could have won rather than Vidya Balan was not a right candidate. If no strong candidate is not running with her for the award, then she must be the candidate right.

Anban
8th March 2012, 10:00 AM
Well deserved awards for this movie

Cinemarasigan
8th March 2012, 11:07 AM
Congrats to AK Team!!