PDA

View Full Version : Superstar Shahrukh Khan's Don 2 (Updates And Discussion)

Sudarsh
13th August 2010, 07:10 PM
DON 2 ---- The Chase Continues Official Thread!

http://full2faltu.files.wordpress.com/2006/10/shah_rukh_in_don_4.jpg ( Please enable that picture)

Sudarsh
14th August 2010, 12:43 AM
Introduction

Don 2 - The Chase Continues is an upcoming Hindi action thriller film directed by Farhan Akhtar. It is the sequel to the 2006 hit movie, Don: The Chase Begins Again, which itself is a remake of the cult 1978 blockbuster film, Don, therefore making it the first sequel to a remake in the Bollywood history. The film has Shahrukh Khan (as the title character), Priyanka Chopra, Arjun Rampal, Boman Irani, Om Puri, Lara Dutta, Isha Koppikar and Tanay Chheda reprising their roles from the previous film; with Lara Dutta joining the cast.

Production

The idea for a sequel has been there ever since the first movie released and a sequel was announced by Farhan Akhtar shortly after the release. But Farhan Akhtar got busy with his acting career, and Shahrukh Khan also gave his dates to the movies, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi and My Name Is Khan. But recently, Farhan revealed that the script and locations for the movie has been locked.[1]Shooting for the film will start in October 2010, a release is likely at the end of 2011.

Rights

The buzz in the trade is that Reliance Big Pictures has bought the rights of SRK's Don 2 from Excel Entertainment for Rs 125 crore, which is about Rs 25 crore more than what they purchased Kites for.

Cast

Shahrukh Khan as Don
Priyanka Chopra as Officer Roma
Arjun Rampal as Jasjit (J.J.)
Lara Dutta as Nisha
Ishaa Koppikar as Anita
Boman Irani as Vardhaan
Om Puri as Officer Malik
Tanay Chheda as Dippu
Hurair A. Khan as Don Jr.
Kareena Kapoor as Kamini (From flashback)

Source: Wikipedia

Sudarsh
14th August 2010, 12:59 AM
[tscii:e4edfc8997]Interesting Information On Don 2---- The Chase Continues

Don 2’ is in news for a quite a time now. But the latest bit of information is that the pre-production on the film has begun. The film will go on floors in October. Shah Rukh Khan will be seen in an altogether different look in the film.

A source close to Shah Rukh reveals, “Shah Rukh Khan will have a very puffed up in the film. It will be like the bodies that wrestlers have. It will also be unlike the six-pack look that he sported in ‘Om Shanti Om’

Farhan Akhtar, who will direct the film says, “‘Don 2’ should be out by the end of next year. We start shooting in October.”

Apart from Shah Rukh Khan, the film will star Priyanka Chopra, Sami Arshad, Arjun Rampal, Ishaa Koppikar, Boman Irani and Om Puri all reprising their roles from the previous film. It is believed that the film might also have some new characters. [/tscii:e4edfc8997]

Sudarsh
14th August 2010, 01:13 AM
[tscii:33b6fb6921]Priyanka To Peform Breath Taking Stunts

If Akshay Kumar were reading this, he would be impressed. Priyanka Chopra has decided to perform her daredevil stunts in Don 2 all by herself. These would include high-speed summersault jumps and plunges without the help of any body doubles.

Calling the stunts she is performing in Fear Factor, a “teaser trailer”, Priyanka confirms that her stunts in Don 2 will make the action scenes in the Shah Rukh Khan starrer Don, seem like “minor rehearsals”.

And the gritty actress is rehearsing for her role with all her might. Apparently while discussing the details of her character’s physicality with director Farhan Akhtar, Priyanka told him not to keep her gender in mind and let her stunts be as tough as the ones her co-star Shah Rukh Khan is performing.

“I’m not revealing details,” Priyanka said (we suppose she wants to let her action do the talking), “But yes, Don 2 would have far more complicated stunts than the first Don or anything else I’ve ever done.”

All charged about this venture (and with her newly reformed diet in place, as we reported recently) Priyanka said, “The whole idea of doing action scenes is to make them look convincing. Today’s audience doesn’t fall for body doubles. Leading men or women do their stunts themselves in cinema all over the world. What’s the point of being coy about stunts? If I’m doing them then I go the whole hog.”

Apparently when Farhan first heard about Priyanka’s decision to perform stunts herself, he was extremely worried about her ability to carry them out. But Priyanka assured him that she had been practicing her stunts for Don 2. “You better watch out. I’m going to kick serious butt in Don 2,” she said.

Don’t worry Shah Rukh, she’s not addressing you.

Source: The Times of India [/tscii:33b6fb6921]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
3rd September 2010, 04:37 PM
:notworthy: Well... Heard that Arjun Rampal won't be in this sequel ?? Is it true ??