PDA

View Full Version : •• Salman's Mega Blockbuster Film : Dabangg

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
11th September 2010, 05:33 AM
I can't resist opening a thread for this movie after watching first fight scene in Youtube !! It's awesome and comical too !! Bumper opening already :D

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
11th September 2010, 05:34 AM
Reserved

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
11th September 2010, 05:35 AM
Reserved

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
11th September 2010, 05:41 AM
[tscii:62041fc2b7]
Twitter Update :

¤ 'Dabangg' Update: C.I. territory Friday total Rs. 62 lacs.Biggest opening ever. '3 Idiots' was Rs. 48 lacs.

¤ 'Dabangg' Update II: Rajasthan territory Friday total Rs. 80.15 lacs. '3 Idiots' was Rs. 69 lacs.

¤ 'Dabangg' Update III: East Punjab territory Friday total Rs. 1.25 cr. '3 Idiots' was Rs. 1.11 cr.[/tscii:62041fc2b7]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
11th September 2010, 02:16 PM
[tscii:c6e5145a41]
Twitter Update from Mr.Taran Adarsh :

¤ UK Update: 'Wanted' 3 days £ 69,399 on 45 screens. 'Dabangg' Friday £ 97,804 on 38 screens [3 screens unavailable]. Ab bolo Hud Hud Dabangg.

¤ Guys, have the circuit-wise breakup on 'Dabangg'. Here it is...

¤ Mumbai circuit - Friday: 'Dabangg' 4.95 cr. '3 Idiots' 5.22 cr.

¤ Delhi-U.P. circuit - Friday: 'Dabangg' 3.01 cr. '3 Idiots' 2.36 cr.

¤ East Punjab circuit - Friday: 'Dabangg' 1.39 cr. '3 Idiots' 1.11 cr.

¤ C.P. Berar circuit - Friday: 'Dabangg' 82 lacs. '3 Idiots' 53 lacs.

¤ C.I. circuit - Friday: 'Dabangg' 62 lacs. '3 Idiots' 48 lacs.

¤ Rajasthan circuit - Friday: 'Dabangg' 81 lacs. '3 Idiots' 69 lacs.

¤ Nizam & Andhra circuit - Friday: 'Dabangg' 78 lacs. '3 Idiots' 70 lacs.

¤ Mysore circuit - Friday: 'Dabangg' 50 lacs. '3 Idiots' 60 lacs.

¤ Tamil Nadu-Kerala circuit - Friday: 'Dabangg' 25 lacs. '3 Idiots' 20 lacs.

¤ West Bengal circuit - Friday: 'Dabangg' 75 lacs. '3 Idiots' 72 lacs.

¤ Bihar circuit - Friday: 'Dabangg' 40 lacs. '3 Idiots' 20 lacs.

¤ Assam circuit - Friday: 'Dabangg' 10 lacs. '3 Idiots' 8 lacs.

¤ Orissa circuit - Friday: 'Dabangg' 10 lacs. '3 Idiots' 8 lacs.

¤ FRIDAY TOTAL: 'Dabangg' Rs. 14.5 cr. '3 Idiots' Rs. 13 cr.

¤ Dabangg should have 45 cr to 48 cr weekend. 3 Idiots was 41 cr [incl Thu previews], Raajneeti 34 cr, MNIK 33.2 cr, Ghajini 40 cr [4-dy].

¤ UAE Update: 'Dabangg' 1 million Dirhams. Creates history.

Wow !! I wish we had a similar person for Tamizh Cinema !![/tscii:c6e5145a41]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
12th September 2010, 01:38 AM
2nd day collections predicted to be 17 C :D

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
12th September 2010, 02:08 PM
[tscii:dda6821fae]
Twitter Updates :

¤ U.K. Update:- 'Dabangg' Saturday £ 1,21,480 on 40 screens. Fri + Sat = £ 2,21,458. 'Wanted' Lifetime Business in U.K. was £ 2,20,000.

¤ Australia Update:- 'Dabangg' Fri + Sat total $ 80,000 on 14 prints. Excellent.

¤ India Boxoffice: SATURDAY - 'Dabangg' Rs. 15.75 cr. '3 Idiots' Rs. 11.65 cr. 'Dabangg' Fri + Sat = Rs. 30.25 cr. Biggest opening.

¤ 'Dabangg' Saturday figures confirmed. Official sources. Read on..

¤ 'Dabangg' Update II [official figures]: Rajasthan territory Saturday Rs. 88 lacs, Friday Rs. 80.15 lacs. New Record.

¤ 'Dabangg' Update [official figures]: C.I. territory Saturday Rs. 64.40 lacs, Friday Rs. 62 lacs. New Record. [/tscii:dda6821fae]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
13th September 2010, 01:20 PM
[tscii:75136f584e]
BO Update :

• 'Dabangg' Sunday figures confirmed. Official sources. Read on...

• 'Dabangg' Update [official figures]: C.I. territory Sunday Rs. 71.75 lacs, Saturday Rs. 64.40 lacs, Friday Rs. 62 lacs. New Record.

• 'Dabangg' Update II [official figures]: Rajasthan territory Sunday 95.50 lacs, Saturday Rs. 88 lacs, Friday Rs. 80.15 lacs. New Record.

• 'Dabangg' Update II [official figures]: West Bengal territory Sunday Rs. 1 cr. 3 days total: Rs. 2.35 cr. Record.

• http://bit.ly/bbkhW4 Midweek B.O.: 'Dabangg' emerges the biggest opener ever

• 'Dabangg' I: Has shattered all records and emerged the biggest opener ever. Has crossed the opening weekend business of '3 Idiots'.

• 'Dabangg' II: Opening wknd business of 3I was Rs 41 cr nett [incl Thu previews], while Dabangg is Rs 47.75 cr to Rs 48.5 cr nett in 3 days.

• 'Dabangg' III: Day-wise breakup is as follows:- Fri: Rs. 14.5 cr., Sat: Rs. 15.75 cr. to Rs. 16 cr., Sun: Rs. 17.5 cr. to Rs. 18 cr.

• 'Dabangg' IV: Business is noteworthy because unlike other biggies, the ticket rates were not hiked to capitalize on the craze of the film.

• 'Dabangg' V: Business at multiplexes as well as single screens has been spectacular.

• Top 6: Dabangg 47.75 to 48.5 cr, 3I 41 cr [incl Thu prvws], Rajneeti 34 cr, MNIK 33.2 cr, Housefull 32 cr, Ghajini 30 cr [4-day wknd 40 cr].[/tscii:75136f584e]

Arun Prasad
13th September 2010, 01:22 PM
49 Crore Weekend For Dabangg

Dabangg has obliterated all weekend collections to shreds by collecting around 49 crore nett as per early estimates. The final figure may come in a bit lower or a bit higher but it does not matter as the film industry has seen nothing like this before over the first weekend.

Three Idiots had a 38 crore nett three day weekend which was looked at as being earth shattering numbers but Dabangg has made those collections look small.

Dabangg has broken every record in the book be it single screen or multiplex in every centre be it A,B, C or D centre. Mass circuit like Bihar or class circuit like Mysore its the same everywhere.

CI the industry barometer for single screen business had a 1.98 crore nett weekend (Three Idiots - 1.36 crore nett) while East Punjab the barometer for multiplex business was 4.43 crore nett (Three Idiots - 3.22 crore nett).

http://www.boxofficeindia.com/boxnewsdetail.php?page=shownews&articleid=2007&nCat=box_office_news

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
14th September 2010, 02:05 AM
B' Hungama's writer's experience at the single screen :

Reflections: Reliving Dabangg in single screens - A chronicle

By Joginder Tuteja, September 13, 2010

Which was the last movie that I saw in a single screen theatre? I don't remember. What I know for sure is that it was at least seven years back. My earliest experience of being hooked on to a multiplex was Ajay Devgn's Qayamat (2003). Reason being that I was mighty impressed with the cinematography and sound design coupled with good use of digital colour correction of the film that made me swear off single screen theatres for good. It was during this time that the leading multiplex chain was mushrooming with branches all over while newer players were looking at making their presence felt as well.

It was bye-bye single screens and their not-so-cushiony chairs and the hostile staff and the trouble to get the best seats and the time restriction of half a day divided into four quarters and unhygienic candy bars and (excuse me for saying this) the kind of crowd that I wasn't quite comfortable sitting with, courtesy the fact that I was now married and hence had to show off my 'class'. Despite the fact that balcony did place me at least 30 feet above this crowd, I made a swift move to multiplexes to be amongst the elite.

But then the first promo of Dabangg released and something just happened to my psyche:

I had an adrenalin rush. Fine.

I wanted to watch the film. Fine.

I was curious to check it out with a bunch of friends. Doubly fine.

I wanted to watch it in a single screen theatre. Whatttt? Now where did this come from?

In this week's 'Reflections', let me talk about a vow of seven years being broken and subsequent magic that was relived once the curtains came up in the single screens for Dabangg.

Initial reactions

Honestly, it was a sudden thought of watching Dabangg in a single screen theatre that only turned into a resolve as the film came closer to its release. The germ of this thought must have been sown around three weeks back when it was written all over that the entire country would check out this Salman Khan starrer once at least. However, it was the 'chillar appeal' of the film that made me drop that snobbish persona and say to myself - 'Ok, so you really want to enjoy this magic then well, check it out in a single screen'.

My wife was surprised but supportive. Her only condition - 'Don't ask me out'. Believe me, I didn't. After all I had just accompanied her for We Are Family a week earlier and after the quintessential multiplex affair, I wanted to have my share of fun as well. So there I picked up my cell phone, called my dear friend Nitin, informed him that he could ask his wife to take a vacation for this Friday and it was going to be a guys only outing for an event called Dabangg. He complied, a couple of other friends didn't. One was scared that this 'act' (come on now!) would make him go down in his wife's eyes; the other just went 'Eeeks'.

'Good for you', I said to them, 'It's you who would end up missing all the action'.

The action that followed

Action there certainly was as I began my journey for Dabangg. Step one was to procure the tickets. Advance booking for single screens open on Mondays and honestly, I forgot all about it. When I called up the Manager of a leading single screen theatre on Monday evening, the response was - 'Sir, picture Houseful ho gayi hai. Saturday ki chalegi?'

'No ways', I said to myself, 'I will check out the second most mass dominated single screen theatre'. I zeroed in on another and fortunately for me, this theatre had actually tied up with an internet booking service. Pronto I got myself the seats in the balcony, a fact that I really regret now. I strongly feel that I should have opted for the stall. But then that's a different story!

The chronicle

The show timings were 6:30 PM (aah, now this itself was nostalgic - the beauty of 12-3, 3-6, 6-9, 9-12) and I stepped out of my workplace at 4 PM sharp. Tata guys, I worked hard throughout the week, now I need to have my share of fun.

'You poor losers, while you would hog on to your hotdogs with the Lords kinda crowd that would merely give a silent nod of approval, I will throw some loose change on screen while munching those samosas.'

4:30 PM

I park my car, Nitin is 10 minutes late, I grumble, we make up (the event is so strong, no enmity stays for a long duration), we hop into a train (the theatre is 35 kms away and nearest station is an hour from the place where I boarded the train) and chit-chat about the huge opening reports that I have been getting incessantly since morning. We don't mind the hustle bustle at all. After all we had bargained for this.

5:50 PM

We reach the station and don't have any clue around which direction the theatre is. Left ya right, kuch maloom nahi. I don't trust one man who was polite enough to state the direction. I ask a couple of more folks. The excitement is so palpable; I don't want to miss the show at all. Worse, only 40 mins remain and I have not even picked up my tickets (remember, it was an internet booking?).

Finally, we trust the cumulative judgement (and honesty) of the three guys who have showed us the directions and we hop into an auto rickshaw. Yaay, we are on our way. Saat saal baad. Phir waho kahaani yaad aayi!

6:20 PM

We reach the venue. The first thing that catches my eye is the huuuuuuuuuuge billboard of Dabangg out there. Man, it was larger than life. Literally. In the times when multiplexes are required to plug in at least 5 boards in the same space to do justice to multiple films running at their venue, there was just one man - Salman Khan - dominating the entire wall. My eyes light up, and then dim down. There are hundreds of patrons outside the entry gate, waiting for the bored looking gatekeeper to finally allow them all in. Worse, the counter from where I have to pick up my tickets is the same for current/advance booking as well.

Never mind, I went right to the front of the queue, excused myself to the man at the very front - 'Yaar, housefull show hai. Aapko to kal ki ticket leni hai. Meri already booked hai, main le loon'. The young man obliged, and so did the people behind him, all with a smile on their faces. Sab khush the. Sabko Dabangg jo dekhni thi.

6:30 PM

A bell rung (yes, such things still happen in single screens) and the gates were thrown open. Hurrrrah, we made it. With a Houseful board outside, we were the fortunate ones to have actually made it. An usher, a 50 something man who has probably been doing this job for the last 25 years, showed us the way to the seats. There is an all around nostalgia that sets in. The dusty looking interiors, the smell of desi Indian snacks that are melting your nostrils all over, those local advertisements on the screen which are selling you vests (instead of villas - as is experienced in multiplexes), people taking at the top of their voices (I joined the crowd as well; after all I was their own for the next two and a half hours), the non-reclining seats, an all around darkness even though the show had not yet begun.

If there ever was any fun, it was here.

6:40 PM

It was the time for promos to begin. Trust me, in a Houseful theatre with a capacity of over 700 folks, the noise can get deafening. This is what happened when a certain Emraan Hashmi ended up saying 'Duniya Jaaye Bhaad Mein, Mujhe Kya'. Yes ladies and gentlemen, Dabangg had not yet begun but the excitement amongst audience was such that even the promo of Crook was met with a maddening response. No wonder, Emraan would have to continue his kissing ways. His loyal audience loves him for that!

More promos arrived, more excitement followed. Anjaana Anjaani, Golmaal 3 - there were takers for everything here. Some were doing this for these films; some were just plain happy. The 'mahaul' was akin to the kind which is seen in a 'baraat' which is just waiting for the groom to step down at the bride's place. Everyone in the theatre was a 'baraati', the 'dulha' (Salman) just had to unveil his 'dulhan' (Dabangg).

6:50 PM

And the unveiling happened

I can bet that the sound that followed with the thump of Dabangg flashing on the screen would definitely have been heard by the traffic outside the theatre. Oh yes, I can actually bet. I too let go off my inhibitions. Damn the multiplex mentality, I am here to clap and whistle. And clapping I did, so did Nitin. And so did hundreds of other patrons in balcony as well as the stall. The pandemonium had begun. The fun had just started. It was going to be a 'paisa vasool' experience.

7:30 PM

By this time around, a couple of major action sequences and a few dramatic scenes had already passed by. These were moments worthy enough to be recorded actually. Yes, it was pretty much on the cards that there would be a huge response to Salman, his one liners and his punches. But this huge? It seemed like the Rajnikanth phenomenon. Do anything and audience will love you. Don't have any story and audience still won't mind as long as there is one item sequence packed after another.

Salman did the same and audience approved. He removes his shades; the crowd roars. He wears them back, they roar again. Chalo good hai; this is what I wanted to experience!

7:50 PM

It was interval time and comments of 'mast hai yaar' were being heard all around me. But hold on; remember this is a single screen theatre. Which means faaltu baatein karne ka time nahi, first go and get your snacks. In a multiplex they may serve you at your seat, here you have to crowd the popcorn-wallah, rush that currency note across the counter, forget all about the receipt (what's that after all?) and pick up your popcorn, samosa, patty and a coke - all for a price of one jumbo popcorn which is served in a multiplex.

'Good, I saved my money', I laugh. 'Those looser friends of mine would be spending triple this amount on eating in multiplexes', I laugh again.

Somewhere around 8:30 PM

It's that time of the movie when drama has intensified in a big way. Time has come for 'cheddi singh' ke 'ched' to be counted (aah, it was crude but fun) and 'munni' is all set to be 'badnaam'. Bhaiyon aur behnon, aapke single screen theatre mein aa gayi hain - MUNNI BADNAAM.

Roars are all over again, this time lasting for those entire four minutes as Malaika Arora Khan is gyrating on the screen. Hubby Arbaaz Khan must be happy; for all the crores that his film is earning at the box office, at least 10% of that can be attributed to his wife's efforts.

More roars follow as the action picks up from this point on. And then there is this much-relished pandemonium all over again as Salman's shirt rips itself apart. Really, I can bet that at least 50% of this single screen crowd will walk into theatres all over again just for this sequence. In a multiplex, we - the snooty eyebrow audience - may laugh this all out but an emotional bunch of patrons in single screens for sure carry a different emotion altogether.

If at all Sonu Sood was there to witness the support that Salman got from this point on, he would have died due to sheer heart attack without any physical fight whatsoever.

9:10 PM

The show has ended and round of claps follow. We are content. Happy. Entertained. Nitin and I feel that the experience of travelling all the way to a single screen after 7 long years was worthwhile after all. We don't take a rickshaw back to the station - we walk. We want to talk about our single screen experience. We want to talk about Dabangg. We don't want the moment to die down.

11:00 PM

We reach home. The talks have not yet ended. Congratulatory calls have been made by me to the cast and crew of the film. I know where the film is headed now. After all I have spent 7 hours in total to watch a 2 hour long film. And I am still not complaining. In fact I want to do it all over again. This explains it all, isn't it?

Today

I actually didn't throw away my tickets. I retained them. As I reach my office today, I am showing it proudly to my folks out there.

'See, I enjoyed the film more than all of you'.

Did you ?

www.bollywoodhungama.com/features/2010/09/13/6644/

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
14th September 2010, 02:08 AM
More than all these BO collections I'm happy that single screens still survive and that's what we call real viewing experience !! :D

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
15th September 2010, 02:45 AM
Monday update: 'Dabangg' has super-strong Monday, total Rs. 58.5 cr.

By Taran Adarsh,
September 14, 2010

DABANGG performed very well on Monday and as per indications and early tracking, it collected approx. Rs. 10 cr. nett. The film registered a 30% to 35% drop compared to Friday numbers. The 4-day total of DABANGG now stands at approx. Rs. 58.5 cr. nett. Fabulous!

Meanwhile, check out the official figures of DABANGG in C.I. and Rajasthan circuits:-

C.I. -

Fri: Rs. 62 lacs
Sat: Rs. 64.40 lacs
Sun: Rs. 71.75 lacs
Mon: Rs. 42.20 lacs

RAJASTHAN -

Fri: Rs. 80.15 lacs
Sat: Rs. 88 lacs
Sun: Rs. 95.50 lacs
Mon: Rs. 64.70 lacs

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
15th September 2010, 01:28 PM
[tscii:89b2823e43]
Setting new benchmarks

September 15, 2010

Records are meant to be broken and DABANGG is doing just that. It's on a record-breaking spree. Previous records, at practically all centres, have been vanquished. Chulbul Pandey is the new hero and DABANGG, the new blockbuster.

This isn't the first time Salman Khan has created history. It started with MAINE PYAR KIYA, which brought viewers back to theatres. In hordes. Then HUM AAPKE HAIN KOUN rewrote the rules of the game. Now DABANGG has emerged a monstrous hit. It's the new benchmark for success.

What makes DABANGG a roaring success ? I asked this question to several prominent film-makers and top notch distributors [read comments below]. First 3 IDIOTS and now DABANGG have opened the eyes of the film fraternity vis-à-vis the volume of business. But, like I said earlier, this is just the beginning. It's the tip of the iceberg.

Now let's talk economics. DABANGG is an expensive film for two reasons: Presence of an A-list actor [Salman Khan] and high-voltage action scenes. Action films cost more than a love story or family drama. The cost of production of DABANGG works out to approx. Rs. 30 cr., while an additional Rs. 10 cr. was spent on P. & A. That takes the total to Rs. 40 cr. Now add Salman Khan's remuneration [Rs. 15 cr. - official sources have confirmed it] and the final cost stands at Rs. 55 cr.

The cost - on the higher side - doesn't seem high anymore. For, at the rate DABANGG is faring in the domestic market, the amount should be recovered from India theatrical alone and the returns/price fetched from Overseas, Music Rights, Home Video, Satellite Rights and Tamil & Telugu Remake Rights will only add to the profits. Jab uparwala deta hain, chappar faad ke deta hain.

[i]VOICES OF TOP LEAGUE DISTRIBUTORS & EXHIBITORS

"You can't explain the phenomenon. Everybody expected it to be a big weekend, but this big nobody could foretell. If you make an entertaining film, the potential is very high. DABANGG proves it." - AMAN GILL

"Honestly, it's a one-man army called Salman Khan. Also, the film has been brilliantly marketed and the credit goes to Salman again. His acting and promotional skills have resulted in this success." - ASHOK AHUJA

"I think everything has worked for the film. The timing of release, the kind of film it is and most importantly, Salman Khan." - MAHENDRA SONI

"I will cite two factors - music and promotion. After a long time moviegoers are throwing coins and dancing on the songs. Also, hats off to Salman Khan for promoting the film to the optimum." - SANJAY CHATAR

"The credit goes to Salman Khan. It's a one-man show." - SANJAY GHAI

"I can describe DABANGG as a modern SHOLAY as it has all the ingredients for classes as well as masses. It has long legs and I foresee a dream run at the box-office. The Khans are laughing all the way to the bank." - SUNIEL WADHWA

www.bollywoodhungama.com/trade/business_talk/index.html [/tscii:89b2823e43]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
15th September 2010, 01:31 PM
Overseas BO Report :

www.bollywoodhungama.com/trade/overseas_boxoffice/index.html

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
15th September 2010, 01:34 PM
'Dabangg' juggernaut continues, 1st week share should be Rs. 48 cr. to Rs. 50 cr.

By Taran Adarsh,
September 15, 2010

DABANGG is on a rampage, shattering all past records that come in its path! The film is setting new records and ranks amongst the biggest openers ever. Of course, the Wednesday and Thursday figures will decide where it stands vis-a-vis the first week business of 3 IDIOTS. But as thing stand today, if the film continues to perform the way it's performing, the first week share from India theatrical alone of DABANGG will be anywhere between Rs. 48 cr. to Rs. 50 cr. The rentals at single screens are very low and since the business at single screens is humungous, the distributors' share from single screens will be unprecedented.

What's noteworthy is that DABANGG will recover the entire costs from India theatrical alone. Meanwhile, the film collected Rs. 8 cr. nett on Tuesday, which takes the 5-day total to Rs. 66 cr. to Rs. 67 cr. nett. Sensational !

www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/2010/09/15/14610/index.html

Sanjeevi
15th September 2010, 02:25 PM
I thought Salman sagaptham mudinthathu before Wanted release. hmmm

Bala (Karthik)
15th September 2010, 08:44 PM
Salmaan Khan ku hub la fan-a???????? :omg:

P_R
15th September 2010, 08:47 PM
As GM most famously and emphatically identified ivar dhaan indhinadigar salmaan khan

KashyapA, I get what you are tried to do and all that but you did not.

Bala (Karthik)
15th September 2010, 09:03 PM
KashyapA, I get what you are tried to do and all that but you did not.
Oru sehand appadiye thidukittu poitten :shaking: Full name podungappa!

tamizharasan
15th September 2010, 11:39 PM
I sincerely hope this movie will help Salman Khan to get Katrina Kaif back.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
16th September 2010, 05:38 PM
'Dabangg' collects 6.75 cr on Wednesday, single screens are super-strong

By Taran Adarsh, September 16, 2010

DABANGG collected approx. Rs. 6.75 cr. nett on Wednesday, taking its 6-day total to approx. Rs. 74 cr. to Rs. 74.5 cr. nett. The film continues to perform exceedingly well at single screens, while multiplexes have shown the usual drops on weekdays. Like this writer pointed out yesterday, the first week distributors' share will be on the higher side [approx. Rs. 50 cr. or in that range] since the rentals at single screens are as low at 15% to 20% to 30% and the distributors' share, therefore, will be 85%, 80% or 70%, depending on the property and location.

3 IDIOTS had collected Rs. 79.55 cr. nett in Week 1 [including Thursday previews] and DABANGG is likely to cross this figure in Week 1, at the rate it's faring.

www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/2010/09/16/14618/index.html

PARAMASHIVAN
16th September 2010, 09:13 PM
I sincerely hope this movie will help Salman Khan to get Katrina Kaif back.

:rotfl:

I yaam a Salman Pan 2 !

m_23_bayarea
16th September 2010, 09:22 PM
Salmaan Khan ku hub la fan-a???????? :omg:

I'm a fan too - the only actor (other than Aamir and Hrithik maybe) in Hindi that still plays some manly roles. I mean action movies. I loved his Wanted, and will soon see Dabangg! 8-)

It's so nice to see these 3 actors mentioned actually "use" their 6-pack/8-pack/12-pack, rather than just coming shirtless to show off and have women chase them! :banghead:

And more importantly, I'm glad he does not act in 3 hour melodrama kind of movies with ah/lalalala playing in the background constantly with triangular love stories and 10 group dances! :P

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
17th September 2010, 10:49 AM
Arbaaz confirms the possibility of 'Dabangg 2'

By Taran Adarsh,
September 14, 2010.

DABANGG is setting new records and Arbaaz Khan is, naturally, ecstatic. "I expected the film to perform very well, but I never expected it to emerge the biggest opener," Arbaaz admits honestly. But the actor turned film-maker isn't resting on laurels, but has decided to keep the momentum going by promoting the film on weekdays as well.

Arbaaz is not in a hurry to start his next production either. In fact, the news doing the rounds is that the Khan-daan is planning to start DABANGG 2. It's said that they might call it ROBINHOOD PANDEY or CHULBUL PANDEY. Arbaaz smiles, "Yes, there's a 110% possibility that we will start DABANGG 2, but when that will happen is yet undecided. See, Salman has several commitments to fulfill, so DABANGG 2 will take some time to start. But it's definitely on the cards."

With DABANGG opening to an overwhelming response, the enthusiasm to acquire the Tamil and Telugu version remaking rights has increased overnight. In fact, Arbaaz has already received several lucrative offers for the same. "I am still studying the market. We will take a call later," he states.

www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/2010/09/14/14604/index.html

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
17th September 2010, 10:54 AM
I saw this movie yesterday. Good movie with right mix of comedy, action and romance. Still i would place it below Wanted, probably due to the different locations and already seen story... The movie has many funny moments and songs are really nice. Tere mast mast, Hud hud dabangg, Chori Kiya re & Munni badnam are my picks.

Rating - 3/5

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
17th September 2010, 07:29 PM
Top 5: 'Dabangg' is the biggest opener ever

Taran Adarsh,
September 17, 2010.

Dabangg Emerges the biggest opener ever of Hindi cinema. The film collected approx. Rs. 81 cr. nett in Week 1, overtaking the Week 1 total of '3 Idiots', which held the record of the biggest opener. The film has set new records in every circuit. The Week 1 share of 'Dabangg' works out to approx. Rs. 50 cr. Unprecedented !

www.bollywoodhungama.com/trade/top5/index.html

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
18th September 2010, 01:23 AM
[tscii:162ea43600]
Sallu’s star shining in K’town

DC,
September 17th, 2010.

Dabaang’s hit star, the much-loved Chulbul Pandey has many admirers all over the world. Apparently, Salman Khan’s fan following in the south is so strong that a Tamil film producer B. R. Krishnan of B. R. K. Films is making a film on the life of Salman Khan. Tentatively titled Anna Salman or Brother Salman, the film is inspired by the ups and-downs in the life and love relationships of Bollywood badshah Salman Khan.

Mumbai-based actress and model Rituu Sachdev who has done lead roles in south films like the recently-released Kannada film Sri Moksha has been signed on to play the main lead. Rituu who plays a double role in the film is the love interest of the hero. Says producer B. R. Krishnan, “I am still looking for a hero to play Salman’s role. The film is not based on Sallu bhai’s life, it is only vaguely inspired by it. We all love Salman Khan and his movies. When I read the script, I immediately decided to do the movie.”

The 22-year-old Rituu, who originally hails from Delhi — but has now made Mumbai her permanent home, is herself a great Salman Khan fan. She started her career as an air-hostess flying for the national carrier but soon gave up flying to fulfill her childhood dream of acting. With an hour-glass figure Rituu has already featured in four south films (Telugu, Kannada and Tamil) and done several TV commercials and print advertisements. She was seen in music videos Chahat and Rahbar released in July by Venus Music and sung by renowned singer Alka Yagnik. She has also shot for two more music videos which are due for release in November this year. Rituu has signed on many other projects including a popular Reality Show on a mainline entertainment channel and is a promising face worth watching.

She is currently shooting for a Tamil film (the stills of which are enclosed) where she plays the main lead. Incidentally, Rituu Sachdev was also in the news recently for receiving threatening calls from another Hyderabad-based producer who claimed to be a henchman for underworld don Dawood Ibrahim and was trying to force the young actress into signing his film. Rituu registered a complaint with the Versova Police station in suburban Mumbai and the police are investigating the source of the crank calls.

B. R. K. Films has produced several regional language films in the south and this will be their eight project. “This is a big budget project and the film production standards will be comparable to the best in the world. We are casting two well-known south heroes for this project and the film will be shot partly in Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangkok and London,” says the producer, refusing to name the rest of the Tamil star cast.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/tabloids/sallu%E2%80%99s-star-shining-k%E2%80%99town-395

Goodness me !!! All the best :thumbsup:[/tscii:162ea43600]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
19th September 2010, 06:50 PM
BO Update : Dabangg collects 40 lakhs from 10 screens in Chennai in 1st week !! Excellent response :)

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
20th September 2010, 06:19 PM
[tscii:e2b8fd3bb7]
BO Update :

• 'Dabangg' - C.I. Circuit [official figures from distributor]: 2nd week Fri: Rs 23.80 lacs, Sat: Rs 25.90 lacs & Sun: Rs 38.60 lacs. Fab.

• 'Dabangg' - RAJASTHAN [official figures from distributor]: 2nd week Fri: Rs. 33.40 lacs, Sat: Rs. 34.50 lacs and Sun: Rs. 54 lacs. Superb.

• The difference between '3 Idiots' & 'Dabangg': '3I' was huge in plexes, 'Dabangg' is huge in single screens.

• '3 Idiots' 2nd week Friday: Rs. 11.5 cr., Saturday: Rs. 10.5 cr. 10 days total [incl. Thu. previews]: Rs. 101.75 cr.

• 'Dabangg' 2nd week Friday: Rs. 6.1 cr, Saturday: Rs. 7.5 cr. 9 days total: Rs. 94 cr. nett.

Update :

• '3 Idiots' 2nd weekend was Rs. 34.25 cr. nett. 11-day total [incl. Thu. previews] was Rs. 114 cr. nett.

• 'Dabangg' 2nd wknd is exceptional at single screens, showing hardly any drop. 10-day total stands at approx Rs 105 cr nett. Blockbuster.

• 'Dabangg' 2nd wknd breakup is as follows:- Fri: Rs. 6.1 cr, Sat: Rs. 7.5 cr and Sun: Rs. 10.5 cr to Rs. 11 cr. [estimates].

• 'Dabangg' had a rock-solid second weekend, collecting approx. Rs. 24.6 cr. to Rs. 25 cr. nett in second weekend.

• Midweek B.O.: 'Dabangg' magic continues, emerges Blockbuster - http://bit.ly/bbkhW4 [/tscii:e2b8fd3bb7]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
21st September 2010, 01:11 PM
[tscii:005446fb43]
Champ Chulbul rides repeat wave Salman salute

- Dabangg gets more shows as fans flock for fists of fury & funny lines : PRIYANKA ROY

Week one: 115 shows. Week two: 125 shows.

Calcutta just can’t have enough of Chulbul Pandey aka Robin Hood Pandey aka Salman Khan.

After powering its way to box-office glory in the first seven days, Dabangg is set to roar even louder in the second week, courtesy more shows at multiplexes. “With the craze for Dabangg growing by the day and no major releases on Friday, it was but natural for us to increase shows in Week Two,” says Virendra Marya, the regional director of INOX.

Dabangg (Fearless) took Rs 30 crore to make, has grossed Rs 80 crore net in week one — beating the 3 Idiots record by around Rs 3 crore — and become the “Zandu balm” for a Bollywood “badnaam” after a hattrick of flops, Kites, Raavan and We Are Family. Some are roaring at Salman’s shirt-ripping, rib-tickling act, others are dancing in the aisles to Munni badnaam hui’s Zandu balm belly shake. “Dabangg has surpassed all expectations and getting bigger with time,” says trade analyst Komal Nahta.

Dia Mirza’s tweet — “The Verdict: DABANGG a BLOCKBUSTER! Go watch it!” — sums up the audience mood.

“Those who watched it during the weekend have gone back for a repeat watch on weekdays,” says trade analyst Taran Adarsh.

Like software professional Kaushik Banerjee who watched it on Friday and returned on Tuesday. “I wanted to enjoy the fun one-liners one more time,” he says.

No wonder the record occupancy figures. “If the weekend collections were 90 to 98 per cent, the weekday figures were steady around 60 to 65 per cent,” says Marya of INOX.

Standalone cinemas too are saluting Salman. “With Dabangg, we have recorded our highest nett collection ever, around Rs 8.5 lakh in the first week. The weekday figures were even better, much higher than 3 Idiots,” says Navin Choukhani of Navina Cinema.

Week 2 too promises to belong to Chulbul Pandey, with fists of fury and funny lines. “The festive weekend should push up the crowd count further,” says Mahendra Soni, the film’s regional distributor.

Bollywood is hoping Dabangg signals that happy days are here again. “The hype around Anjaana Anjaani is very strong, courtesy Ranbir Kapoor (and Priyanka Chopra),” says Debashish De of Aum Moviez, the film’s regional distributor.

If Anjaana Anjaani hits screens on Friday the 24th, Guzaarish, Golmaal 3, Action Replayy and Tees Maar Khan are lined up next.

But for now the spotlight is all Salman’s. As Shilpa Shetty summed up: “Super film! Totally massy, shot classily. Full-on paisa vasool.”

www.telegraphindia.com/1100918/jsp/calcutta/story_12949704.jsp [/tscii:005446fb43]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
21st September 2010, 03:46 PM
'Dabangg' collects Rs. 3.15 cr. on Monday, total: Rs. 107.65 cr. nett

By Taran Adarsh, September 21, 2010 - 14:19 IST

DABANGG continues to perform well on weekdays as well. The film collected approx. Rs. 3.15 cr. on Monday, taking the 10-day total to approx. Rs. 107.65 cr. nett. With ANJAANA ANJAANI getting pushed ahead by one week, the DABANGG wave is expected to spill over to the third weekend as well.

DABANGG should stand at a total of Rs. 115 cr. to Rs. 117 cr. nett at the end of Week 2, if it continues the momentum on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/2010/09/21/14646/index.html

PARAMASHIVAN
21st September 2010, 04:32 PM
vinod
neenga theevera Salman Fan ah ?

ajithfederer
21st September 2010, 10:37 PM
I saw one such film which released in Diwali 2006. Shabbaa mudiavae illa :fatigue:. Adha vera ninga nalla irukkunnu hubla sollirundhinga :twisted:

My cousin made fun of me for quite some time as we went to that film ignoring his advice to watch Don (2006). :rotfl: :oops:.

And more importantly, I'm glad he does not act in 3 hour melodrama kind of movies with ah/lalalala playing in the background constantly with triangular love stories and 10 group dances! :P

m_23_bayarea
21st September 2010, 11:20 PM
I saw one such film which released in Diwali 2006. Shabbaa mudiavae illa :fatigue:. Adha vera ninga nalla irukkunnu hubla sollirundhinga :twisted:

My cousin made fun of me for quite some time as we went to that film ignoring his advice to watch Don (2006). :rotfl: :oops:.

Is it KANK? :P

ajithfederer
21st September 2010, 11:45 PM
Jaan E Mann/ (Salman, Akshay Preity Zinta starrer.) On the top of my head I think there were atleast a dozen songs. :cry:

tamizharasan
22nd September 2010, 12:55 AM
So Dabangg will not beat the records set by 3 idiots. There was bigger slowdown in the second week when compared with 3 idiots.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
22nd September 2010, 01:10 AM
Yes... Definitely it won't beat 3 Idiots... 3 Idiots can be termed an all rounder but here it's Salman's show all the way... Though there are fiercy action sequences and good songs Salman dominates throughout the film :)

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
22nd September 2010, 11:46 AM
[tscii:87334881e5]
'Dabangg' dominates

- By Taran Adarsh, September 22, 2010 - 07:50 IST

DABANGG continues to dominate international box-office. The film is faring very well in U.K., America and Australia, the key markets. The 10-day total from these three markets alone is approx. Rs. 10.12 crores. Considering the genre of the film [action], the business is excellent.

Weekend: September 17 - 19, 2010.

• U.K. BOX-OFFICE :

DABANGG [last weekend: No. 12, this weekend: No. 18]: In its second weekend, the film has collected £ 1,25,086 on 40 screens, with the per screen average working out to £ 3,127. Total: £ 5,70,566 [approx. Rs. 4.06 crores].

• U.S.A. BOX-OFFICE :

DABANGG [last weekend: No. 23, this weekend: No. 25]: In its second weekend, the film has collected $ 2,97,229 on 68 screens, with the per screen average working out to $ 4,371. Total: $ 10,68,589 [approx. Rs. 4.88 crores].

• AUSTRALIA BOX-OFFICE :

DABANGG [last weekend: No. -, this weekend: No. 13]: In its second weekend, the film has collected Aus. $ 66,610 on 14 screens, with the per screen average working out to Aus. $ 4,758. Total: Aus. $ 2,72,909 [approx. Rs. 1.18 crores].

www.bollywoodhungama.com/trade/overseas_boxoffice/333.html [/tscii:87334881e5]

m_23_bayarea
22nd September 2010, 10:16 PM
Jaan E Mann/ (Salman, Akshay Preity Zinta starrer.) On the top of my head I think there were atleast a dozen songs. :cry:

I don't think I've seen that movie myself! :wink:

ajithfederer
22nd September 2010, 10:30 PM
http://forumhub.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1050997&sid=3cf0baefb5a5e188b74f5a2603d94ad1#1050997

DHOOM - 2! Fabulous.... Hrithik was awesome! 8-) 8-) 8-)

JAANEMANN! Very nice... Good performances from Salman, Preity, and Akshay! :D :P :D

I don't think I've seen that movie myself! :wink:

m_23_bayarea
22nd September 2010, 10:46 PM
http://forumhub.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1050997&sid=3cf0baefb5a5e188b74f5a2603d94ad1#1050997

Dhoom-2 is still fresh in my mind! Janemann just vanished I gues. Now I think I recall! :P

PARAMASHIVAN
23rd September 2010, 07:38 PM

It had nice songs :) , but really pathetic movie!, quite a disgusting one :evil:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
24th September 2010, 02:29 PM
'Dabangg' equals 'Ghajini' lifetime business in 2 weeks

- By Taran Adarsh,
September 24, 2010.

Collected approx. Rs. 35 cr. nett in Week 2. The 2-week total stands at Rs. 115 cr. nett, which equals the lifetime business of 'Ghajini'. The 2-week share of 'Dabangg' should work to Rs. 65 cr. to Rs. 67 cr. Blockbuster

www.bollywoodhungama.com/trade/top5/index.html

Mahen
24th September 2010, 04:10 PM
Watched dabang :banghead: Mudiyale sami..i left the theater in the last 30mins...The plot was sooo flat and Salman looked like siripu police..The only plus was the heroine...very sexy :)

I think if hari remakes his Samy and singam, he'll be the no1 director in bollywood..Intha Kashyap paiyyan should get some lessons from hari on how to package a masala police film with twists and turns :D

Plum
24th September 2010, 04:26 PM

ada adhu broadway musical tributeAmAm!

avven
24th September 2010, 05:11 PM
Watched dabang :banghead: Mudiyale sami..i left the theater in the last 30mins...The plot was sooo flat and Salman looked like siripu police..The only plus was the heroine...very sexy :)

:lol: naan nenachatha appadiyei sollitinga :lol: ..orei aaruthal heroine thaan :P

MADDY
24th September 2010, 08:05 PM

ada adhu broadway musical tributeAmAm!

anga pazhaya bus standum, palaya pazha kadaiyum dhaane irukku

app_engine
24th September 2010, 08:20 PM
By hub spellingology, fraud way?

MADDY
24th September 2010, 09:12 PM
By hub spellingology, fraud way?

oh, its actually the old business district in northern part of chennai........ :)

app_engine
24th September 2010, 10:21 PM
MADDY :-)
I know, I'd been to Chennai many times:-)

Just applied the "feeyAr, flAu" kind of spelling :-)

Interestingly, the pallavan buses used to have it written as "பிராட்வே", which is "pirAdvAy' :-)

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
27th September 2010, 02:19 AM
[tscii:19907b05bf]
Arbaaz gifts Kashyap a SUV

September 27th, 2010
DC Correspondent.

If Abhinav Kashyap loves the outdoors, then he can take a long break in an SUV. Ever since Dabangg shook the box office running to fullhouses, the director is in great demand in Bollywood. A week before the film’s release, Abhinav was gifted an SUV by his producer friend Sunil Bohra. Now, Arbaaz Khan in a gesture of magnanimity has gifted him one too.

Our source said, “Bohra had given him an SUV and now Arbaaz has given him one too. Abhinav has become hot property overnight and is the most wanted director on everyone’s wish list. He is all set to direct another film for Arbaaz which will again star Salman and Sonakshi. He is also in talks with UTV for another major film.”

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/entertainment/arbaaz-gifts-kashyap-suv-552 [/tscii:19907b05bf]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
27th September 2010, 02:22 AM
[tscii:044ddd4a48]
This Khan Rockz

The Hindu

We should have seen this. But, we only can rely on hearsay. “Dabangg”, officially declared a bigger hit in the first week than even “3 Idiots”, was screened at the Norway Film Fest last week, and it created a huge fan following for itself.

Salman Khan and Sonakshi Sinha were present in Norway and, apparently, such was the former's pull that a huge audience would throng his hotel gates from morning to evening. A film about a corrupt UP officer winning fans in Norway. Hmm.

http://www.thehindu.com/arts/cinema/article795242.ece

:lol: Many critics are surprised by the success of the film... Some are very jealous too... [/tscii:044ddd4a48]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
27th September 2010, 05:46 PM
BO Stats (http://bollywoodhungama.com)

Midweek B.O.: 'Dabangg' collects Rs. 10 cr, total Rs. 125 cr nett.

Lifetime business [India]:- 3 Idiots 202 cr, Dabangg 125 cr [will end at approx 145 to 150 cr], Ghajini 115 cr, Raajneeti 93 cr nett.

'Dabangg' success party : Video (http://bit.ly/bvoOBT)

jinju
2nd October 2010, 01:21 AM
just watched. seems kashyapar's bro's calling is hardcore masala south style, not that anyone's complaining! some cool dialogues, a deadpan sallu miyaan (ishtyle made famous by mahesh babu in pokkiri n carried forward successfully by others), all kinds of cliches, a couple of songs, and the stunner of all, sonakshi (south film industry welcomes u, u'l be a perfect 'fit' here ji :D !)

m_23_bayarea
2nd October 2010, 03:31 AM
just watched. seems kashyapar's bro's calling is hardcore masala south style, not that anyone's complaining! some cool dialogues, a deadpan sallu miyaan (ishtyle made famous by mahesh babu in pokkiri n carried forward successfully by others), all kinds of cliches, a couple of songs, and the stunner of all, sonakshi (south film industry welcomes u, u'l be a perfect 'fit' here ji :D !)

I think with the success of Wanted last year and now Dabangg, Salman is more inclined to doing Southern mass masala types of movies. If at all, I can't think of anyone else in Hindi now who can do movies like this. I honestly was overjoyed when I saw the promos of Dabangg thinking that he's remade Saamy! Well, I hope he remakes that movie too soon... :)

I think this will surely make him unique among his counterparts who are still stuck with NRI/Punjabi love stories! Salman is making the right moves... :P

srimal
17th October 2010, 03:09 PM
watched it today...

very ishtylish movie hai :D

nalla thanpa irundhadhu... stands apart from current brand of bolly movies.....

heroine is wholesome and not size 0 ... big relief...