PDA

View Full Version : sangeetha maha yuddham

Plum
13th September 2010, 03:25 PM
It is a programme that has caught my attention recently. I watch it in all 4 languages. I guess these must be franchises of Sangeet ka maha yudh in Hindi which I think Shankar Mahadevan eventually won with his team.
What I think makes this concept work is that you have one established singer in each team captaining which sort of ensures basic quality.(although, captains like Anupama and some of the telugu captains leave a lot to be desired).

Interestingly, Kerala, in my view, the hotbed of musical talent in south india, has fallen behind.
The tamil version seems to be the best, followed by Telugu. Malayalam and Kannada seem to alternate between abysmal and mediocre.

One additional reason for my patronage - almost in all 4 languages, the captains seem to revel in choosing Raja songs. It is a good tool for re-living Raja's dominance across all 4 languages. While he was but a footnote in kannada and MFM in reality compared to their giants, you just need to see the proportion of Raja songs in these programmes in these languages to believe it.

Finally, something taht interests me from the Solar family!

And one final note, this guy Krishnamurthy, seems to be an awesome talent. Did he win Vijay Super singer earlier? Is he the same guy?

ajaybaskar
13th September 2010, 04:30 PM
Oh.. This is a multi-language programme, huh? No wonder Chinmayee's lip sync was too bad...

Plum
13th September 2010, 06:12 PM
Ajay, it is a different programme in each language. The host is different in each language.

Bala (Karthik)
13th September 2010, 06:33 PM
And one final note, this guy Krishnamurthy, seems to be an awesome talent. Did he win Vijay Super singer earlier? Is he the same guy?
Yes

NOV
13th September 2010, 06:40 PM
I like this programme, becs the contestants sing a lot of 60s songs, including medleys. :clap:

This is my 2nd fav show after Raaga Maaliga

ajaybaskar
13th September 2010, 06:49 PM
Plum,

On sat, her lip sync during the introduction of teams was too bad.. So i thought they used other language clip with a dubbed voice..

Bala (Karthik)
13th September 2010, 07:13 PM
Ajay,
You not for mistake. Tamil peraye Urdu style la dhaan solluvaanga, so non-synch aagaradhu vasthavam dhaan :razz:

Plum
13th September 2010, 07:13 PM
Plum,

On sat, her lip sync during the introduction of teams was too bad.. So i thought they used other language clip with a dubbed voice..
Oh! Not sure why - it is def.ly not because of same clip for all languages.
Although I hear cinmayee can actually speak many languages

Roshan
17th September 2010, 06:06 PM
Have only seen the intro episode as i dont get to see Sun TV often. In that episode Chinmayi's costume and body language looked kandraavi to the core. And singers like Srilekha, Mathangi, Anupama usually put me off. Athuleye paathi interest poyidichu. Heard Krishnamoorthy is doing well. Should try to catch up atleast for Vignesh and him.

RAGHAVENDRA
17th September 2010, 06:39 PM
SANGEETHA MAHA SADDHAM

shalushalu
17th September 2010, 10:10 PM
I like this programme, becs the contestants sing a lot of 60s songs, including medleys. :clap:

This is my 2nd fav show after Raaga Maaliga

Hey, Nov !! Me too... After Raaga Maaliga, and prior to that, Sabtha Swarangal...

Krishnamoorthy seems to be everyone's fav... What a talent !!!!

I was rooting for Vijay's team, before they were booted out..
Now, I am all for Madhu's team.. :roll:

Sanjeevi
18th September 2010, 12:12 AM
Oh.. This is a multi-language programme, huh? No wonder Chinmayee's lip sync was too bad...

:lol:

how ajay? Chinamayee kuda OK but songs ellam dub panna mudiyuma enna

Plum
18th September 2010, 08:41 AM
Have only seen the intro episode as i dont get to see Sun TV often. In that episode Chinmayi's costume and body language looked kandraavi to the core. And singers like Srilekha, Mathangi, Anupama usually put me off. Athuleye paathi interest poyidichu. Heard Krishnamoorthy is doing well. Should try to catch up atleast for Vignesh and him.

Yes, a lot about it is a put off. Including garish sets and costumes and chinmayi herself sometimes. Nevertheless, all 4 language versions get telecast almost simultaneously so I have the advantage of picking the best parts of all 4 through the duration. I skip the pathetic parts - like, for instance, when anupama is singing. I can always tune to some of the better telugu or mallu ones giving me ve vela gopemmala or konji karayalle which is being telecast simultaneously :). Sometimes, this is a disadvantage as I have to choose between vedam anuvanuvuna naadham, poomaalai vaangi vandhaan, thumbi vaa and jotheyalli.

In tamil, Madhu balakrishnan is outstanding. Devan is good. Both of these were revealations to me.
But ofcourse krishnamurthy is the single most compelling reason. In one episode devan as a judge said "nanngaLlam edhukku inge ukkaarndhu judge pannikitturukkomnu theriyala.". Krishamurthy is that good.

A couple of other participants are also good.
So, yes, despite solar system, you can enjoy the programme.

NOV
18th September 2010, 08:46 AM
Hey, Nov !! Me too... After Raaga Maaliga, and prior to that, Sabtha Swarangal... How nice!
And you like poo pookkum tharunam too... :2thumbsup:

sudha india
20th September 2010, 04:53 PM
Next week it is going to be the finals between Madhu Balakrishnan's team and Srilekha's team (I think)

In y'day's semi finals, Devan's team was pathetic. Could have won easily. i could not stand the third round so switched off.

Madhu is doing a good job. Srilekha has the advantage of sai saran and vignesh. so surviving.

i was looking forward to see Chinmayi anchoring. Now she is irritating with her dresses, and shoutings. She has no dress sense at all.

Her anchoring pala samayathil contestants and judgesai merattara madhiri irukku.

priya32
20th September 2010, 06:37 PM
Though Devan has brilliant voice, it irritates me when he tries to sing like IR by changing his voice!

I miss seing Vijay Jesudoss on one of the judges' seats!

Madhu Balakrishnan's team is very strong, since he's got his amazing voice as the back bone for his team!

Chinmayi is a beautiful and attractive girl, she's got a very pleasant smile on her face. She dresses very appropriate and she has a very bold voice to host this show. Her Indian outfits are dashing, especially the half saree and sarees which suit her personality. இது இருந்தா அது இல்லை, அது இருந்தா இது இல்லை என்கிற நினைப்புக்கு இடம் இல்லாத வகையில்...she has a stunning voice. She is a whole package. I'll always be her fan to praise her talents. God bless you Chinmayi!

Roshan
21st September 2010, 08:41 PM
intha show ivvalavu seekiramA mudiyumnu ehirpAkkala. Saw it last week - Srilekha's team did well against Devan's team. It is clear that none of the other PB singers in the show is equal to Madhu B but except Madhu others were not at all impressive in his team. Srilekha's team has got a good combination. Vignesh looked quite disinterested and detached. Ennaanu thereiyala. Krishnamoorthy pathti nereya kELvi pattEn but looks like his team is out already.

Regarding Chinmayi - edha vEnaalum othukkuvEn but Chinmayi oda dressing sense, make up sense, pathti pEsunaa kaduppaaiyduvEn naan :x She badly needs some training on that. Sagikkala.

Nerd
21st September 2010, 10:53 PM
I watch this show very rarely and always have this doubt. Why do we see so many people *standing* and cheering the singers in front of the dais?? :shock:

mr_karthik
22nd September 2010, 10:55 AM
Chinmayi is a beautiful and attractive girl, she's got a very pleasant smile on her face. She dresses very appropriate and she has a very bold voice to host this show. Her Indian outfits are dashing, especially the half saree and sarees which suit her personality. இது இருந்தா அது இல்லை, அது இருந்தா இது இல்லை என்கிற நினைப்புக்கு இடம் இல்லாத வகையில்...she has a stunning voice. She is a whole package. I'll always be her fan to praise her talents. God bless you Chinmayi!

Regarding Chinmayi - edha vEnaalum othukkuvEn but Chinmayi oda dressing sense, make up sense, pathti pEsunaa kaduppaaiyduvEn naan :x She badly needs some training on that. Sagikkala.
Sorry Priya, I have to accept with Roshan.....

Apart from that, Chinmayi is tooooooooooooo much 'alatting' which is unable to tollerate.

Plum
22nd September 2010, 11:04 AM
I watch this show very rarely and always have this doubt. Why do we see so many people *standing* and cheering the singers in front of the dais?? :shock:
Sun Group=la, pazhakka dOsham.

I am surprised they haven't had a Sun Group Songs theme for the medley yet. Maybe for the finals :lol:

sudha india
28th September 2010, 04:57 PM
Finals vekkama...best of SMY nu 2 naala kadupetharanga.

Madhu's team : Strong leader - somewhat weak team.

Srilekha's team : Strong team somewhat weak leader.

Chinmayi - Nalla sangeethakaari. But too much authoritative, and kathal.

Hope she wears a South Indian outfit and changes her tone a bit in the finals atleast ! Parka nalla irukkum. IMHO !

Roshan
28th September 2010, 11:06 PM
Finals vekkama...best of SMY nu 2 naala kadupetharanga.

Madhu's team : Strong leader - somewhat weak team.

Srilekha's team : Strong team somewhat weak leader.

Chinmayi - Nalla sangeethakaari. But too much authoritative, and kathal.

hehehe :lol2: idhukku bathilaa neenga Srilekhava paaraatti naalu vaarthai pEsi irukkalaam.

Hope she wears a South Indian outfit and changes her tone a bit in the finals atleast ! Parka nalla irukkum. IMHO !

South Indian, North Indian or even western doesnt matter as long as it suits a person and worn with some sort of proper dressing sense. Chinmayi lacks that - so anything she wears would look funny and most of the time horrible. I have seen her in a head to toe covered dress in star plus - and that too was looking bad on her. Her accessories and make up are also done with poor taste.

sudha india
8th October 2010, 01:45 PM
Finals nadandhadha ?

What happened to this program ?

Roshan
8th October 2010, 04:57 PM
Finals nadandhadha ?

What happened to this program ?

Heard from Vignesh that Madhu and team won the finals.

Harihalan
9th October 2010, 09:54 PM
Finals are this week only.09/10/10 and 10/10/10

Roshan
10th October 2010, 12:13 PM
Finals are this week only.09/10/10 and 10/10/10

Yeah may be the telecast but the shoot is over and heard from Vignesh (one of the contestants) that Madhu's team won.

sudha india
11th October 2010, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the info Roshan and Hari

Saw the finals y/day. Good show with good music.

The first round was captain's special with songs from Madhu and Srilekha. Missed the first two songs.

In the third round, Madhu sang Thakita thadhimi very well and Srilekha sang Unnai kaanadha kannum kannalla. Vani Jayaram pointed out that the landing notes were different from original and the singers are supposed to sing like the original.

Madhu had a clear leading in this round.

Next was individual performance by the team members.
And finally Maha sanghamam, the medley round by the teams.

Srilekha's team sang all old hits in the same rhythm which was a bit boring after some time and it was toooooooo lengthy with toooooooo many songs.

Madhu had a mix of all type of songs devotional, melody, kuthu, dance, and was enjoyable though long.

Finally Madhu's tam won with a good margin.
End of season1.

Amul's GM gave away the medals and said would like to replicate the program.

So we can look forward to more seasons.

Dhesh
15th November 2010, 06:06 AM
Sangeetha maha yutham 2 is even better. There is a lot more competition. Grace's team are amazing singers especially 6evin. She won 2day's match against Naveen's team. I can't wait until next week's match.

NOV
15th November 2010, 06:30 AM
I loved the way Grace sang Azhagaana ponnu naan, which even led to a "once more." :D

saradhaa_sn
18th November 2010, 06:15 PM
I didnot enjoy Naveen's comment on Grace...

'ப....கள்தான் கூட்டமா வரும், சிங்கம் சிங்கிளாத்தான் வரும்'

eventhough they are jovial, this is too much.

But in the end he lost the show to Grace team.

aanaa
21st November 2010, 03:14 AM
சங்கீத மகாயுத்தம்!

முன்னணி பாடகர்கள் போட்டியிடும் "சங்கீத மகாயுத்தம்' என்ற இசை நிகழ்ச்சி சன் டி.வி.யில் கடந்த ஜூன் 26-ம் தேதி முதல் ஞாயிறு தோறும் இரவு ஒளிபரப்பாகி வருகிறது. சன் தொலைக்காட்சியும், சாய்பாபா நிறுவனமும் இணைந்து இந்நிகழ்ச்சியைத் தயாரித்துள்ளன.

இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியில் மேலும் ஒரு சிறப்பு அம்சமாக பார்வையாளர்களுக்கு வித்தியாசமான ஒரு திட்டம் அறிவிக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது. இந் நிகழ்ச்சியை நடத்திக் கொண்டிருக்கும் கேப்டன்களான விஜய் ஜேசுதாஸ், மாதங்கி, ஸ்ரீலேகா, அனுபமா, தேவன் ஆகியோரை உங்கள் இல்லத்திற்கே அழைக்கலாம் என்பதுதான் அது. அதற்காக "வீட்டிற்கு கேப்டனை அழையுங்கள்' என்கிற ஒரு வித்தியாசமான பிரச்சார வாகனம் கடந்த வாரம் முதல், சென்னை, மதுரை, திருச்சி, கோவை போன்ற நகரங்களில் முக்கிய ஷாப்பிங் மால்கள், கல்லூரிகள், பள்ளிகள் மற்றும் வீடுகளில் அதிர்ஷ்டசாலிகளைத் தேடி வருகிறது.

அந்தப் பிரச்சார வாகனம் வரும்போது பார்வையாளர்கள் அவர்களுக்குப் பிடித்தமான ஒரு பாடலை அந்த இடத்திலேயே பாடிப் பதிவு செய்து கொள்ளவேண்டும். அதில் வெற்றி பெறுபவர்களின் வீடுகளுக்கு மேலே சொன்ன பிரபலங்கள் வருகை புரிவார்கள். அவர்கள் வரும்போது அதையும் படம் பிடித்து ஒளிபரப்ப உள்ளனர்.

நன்றி: தினமணி

Plum
24th November 2010, 11:07 AM
This set of captains is inferior to last time's. Madhu, Vijay et al were ounce for ounce better.
Srilekha>> Grace Kellys Purasaiwalkam

And the last set was far more amiable, polished and mature as compared to koyandhathanamAna altercations among the new set.
I am water-spraying this show now.

Nerd
15th December 2010, 03:05 AM
This set of captains is inferior to last time's. Madhu, Vijay et al were ounce for ounce better.

I think only Rahul N is worth something in this bunch. Ranjith is OK too. Others are extremely annoying. Though not a regular watcher of this show, #2 is not a patch on #1.

Hail Hariyudan naan :thumbsup:

Plum
15th December 2010, 10:31 AM

I think only Rahul N is worth something in this bunch. Ranjith is OK too. Others are extremely annoying. Though not a regular watcher of this show, #2 is not a patch on #1.

Hail Hariyudan naan :thumbsup:

Incidentally, like Madhu B, all Keralites. Looks like Kerala thaNNi has some magic.