PDA

View Full Version : Best BGM for 80's

Plum
16th September 2010, 11:45 AM
Here's a what-if thread.
What if there had been a Best BGM NA during the 80's?
Obviously, we only can gather details on Tamil, and to an extent, other South Indian and Hindi movies. But considering the overall depth of talent in the 80's across Indian moviedom, isnt it fair to say that barring extra-ordinary cases, the award was likely to come from these industries or Bengal(which unfortunately i dont think we have expertise here to collect info from the 80's).

So, one by one year by year shall we analyse which movie could have been Best BGM?

We would at the least need the list of tamil movies from the year, hindi movies from the year(atleast prominent well known ones - what is sure is that none of the commercial movies of 80s in hindi will qualify because most of them used library music for BGM. it is probably easy to identify significant movies for each year in hindi in 80's which could have competed)., a list of prominent mallu and telugu and kannada movies that year.

I bet Raja will win 10 out of 10 for 80's even without the significant bias factor in this forum for him as against his peers in the 80's.

I need help with reliable sites for collecting data. Anyone can help with links.
We'll start with 1979? That being a phenomenal year for Raja.
We can probably reset the polls for each year.

Plum
16th September 2010, 11:46 AM
<Reserved>

Plum
<Reserved>

Plum
<Reserved>

Plum
<Reserved>