View Full Version : "Champion of Champions" Chennai Super Kings

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

ajaybaskar
23rd March 2012, 01:21 PM
Scorps,

MRF and Rain irukkumbodhu enna kavalai?

scorpio
23rd March 2012, 01:24 PM
Murali Vijay- BMP-nna enna? yEdhavadhu ketta vaarthai solli avana thitreengaLaa? :noteeth:

ajaybaskar
23rd March 2012, 01:26 PM
Big Match Player

wizzy
23rd March 2012, 02:16 PM
Big Match Player

:rotfl:

ajaybaskar
23rd March 2012, 03:06 PM
Scorps.

Spoke to the customer care dept. They haven't got any info about Kings Club tickets. She said that there are over 20000 members and they will not be able to issue tickets to all of them since the tickets will be issued for 3 stands only. It will be issued on 'First come first serve' basis. The date will only be announced in the official website and no information will be mailed across.

Tickets will be issued to the general public from Sunday (25th March) in the stadium. Minimum price will be 700 Rs. No discounts for card holders.

ajaybaskar
23rd March 2012, 03:09 PM
As of now, online tickets are sold out for Upper Tiers and T3 stands for the first match.

One doubt. Idhu unmaiyaana demand ah? Illa ivangale sadhi panraangala? :think:

scorpio
23rd March 2012, 03:40 PM
Thanks AB. 500 ticket-a 700 aakitaangaLaa? :sigh2: I want to go for CSK-MI....Monday lunch time-la stadium pOnaa gaaliyaathaan irukkum....try panrEn.

wizzy
23rd March 2012, 04:14 PM
this is insane..IPL tickets are dearer than a test match season ticket and peeps are still lapping it up :neutral:

SoftSword
23rd March 2012, 04:24 PM
IPL vs Test fans ratio would be like 4:1...

ajaybaskar
23rd March 2012, 04:30 PM
IPL vs Test fans ratio would be like 4:1...

True. Whenever I go for an IPL match, I see thousands of kids in the stadium. Just like they come for a movie. Not the case for test matches.

ajaybaskar
23rd March 2012, 04:32 PM
Another thing. Ticket prices are also decided based on the fan following for the home team. CSK tickets start from 700 whereas a KXIP or PWI ticket rate starts from 350,400.

scorpio
23rd March 2012, 04:44 PM
IPL is pure entertainment-nga.....oru family outing maadhiri. Namma stadium enna five star hotel-aa, naaL muzhukka veyyil-la eppadi family-Oda match paakaradhu? Water bottle kooda allow paNNa maataanga, have to buy from inside, they give water in paper cups :roll:

Veyyil thaazhndha aprum 6 maNi vaakkaa stadium pOnOmaa, team practice panradha paathOmaa, cheerleaders, electrifying atmosphere, damaal dummeel fours and sixes, full paisa vasool for 4 hours.

wizzy
23rd March 2012, 05:46 PM
SS..with tests being pinnacle it should be charged premium...this has been the case all around the world...case in point http://tickets.lords.org/

P_R
23rd March 2012, 05:59 PM
SS..with tests being pinnacle it should be charged premium...this has been the case all around the world...case in point http://tickets.lords.org/
adhu Britis culture, chee-thoo adhu namakku vENaam :notthatway:
Test matchukku pOyi stadium fullA ukkAndhirippAinga, vettippasanga.

namma weightu, namma power theriyaNumnA, yaanai vilai kudhirai vaichchu IPL ticket viththA dhaan sarippadum.

SoftSword
23rd March 2012, 06:05 PM
wizzy,
Ideally yes. but its not an ideal world.

scorpio
27th March 2012, 11:22 AM
The Super Kings Begin Arriving

With the opening ceremony of the fifth edition of the IPL Championship just about a week away, the home team is coming together in the city in preparation of their practice camp. The Super Kings camp has been a bee-hive of activity over the past one month. Final touches are being put to their marketing plan, practice pitches are in place, support players for bowling have been identified and preparations are in full swing. The team has got a boost this year with the launch of their spectacular fan video, Chennai Super Kings Ku Raise your Hands launched the day before.
The players are arriving in batches and will be at full strength by the first week of April 2012.
Currently, player manager Russell Radhakrishnan and Physio Tommy Simsek are already in the city.

March 27, 2012 – Will see a host of players arriving including Shadab Jakati, Sudeep Tyagi, Abhinav Mukund, Anirudha Srikanth, S Badrinath, M Vijay, Yo Mahesh and Wriddhaman Saha, Coach Stephen Fleming and Scott Styris

March 28, 2012 - Gregory King, Physical Trainer and Andy Bichel – Bowling Coach will be in the city

March 29th will see the arrival of fielding coach Steve Rixon

April 1, 2012 will see the entry of George Bailey, Albie Morkel, Faf Du Plessis, Suresh Raina, R Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja into the city

Nuwan Kulashekara and Doug Bollinger are expected in the first week of April

April 2, 2012 will see Captain M S Dhoni and Dwayne Bravo in the city

April 30, 2012 will see the entry of Michael Hussey and Ben Hilfenhaus

Schedules are being worked out for the rest of the players.

Bolli-kku injury illa :pink: Bailey in great form these days :thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
28th March 2012, 11:03 AM
Anyone bought the 700 Rs ticket for the first match?

scorpio
28th March 2012, 11:09 AM
All 700 Rs tickets for first match sold out on Sunday itself....Went to Triplicane for a function on Sunday, oru 11.30-kka Stadium pakkam pOnEn....malai paambhu maadhiri neeeLamaana queue in koLuthum veyyil....apdiyE about turn dhaan :oops:

ajaybaskar
28th March 2012, 04:53 PM
MSD great at hiding emotions: Raina
CSK star reveals the secret behind his and his team’s IPL success

At his best with the bat, he owns the midwicket boundary. His authoritative drives and cuts bear the uncanny attractiveness of a left-hander. While fielding inside the circle, he’s a bundle of energy and agility. According to Jonty Rhodes, he is currently the “best fielder in India”.

All these aspects of Suresh Raina’s cricket are well-documented. But talent needs other qualities to fulfil its promise, and Raina has those too. He’s a committed young man with a strong work ethic. He swears by the words of his seniors and coaches. Despite scaling the peak of stardom and riches at the young age of 25, he remains humble. There is an effortless friendliness in his demeanour even if he’s speaking to you for the very first time.

Some of these traits shone through in his chat with iplt20.com, where he spoke about CSK’s IPL success, his favourite left-handed batsmen and coaches and the lighter moments shared with his CSK teammates.

IPL Success

Being the highest run-getter in IPL is amazing. God has been very kind. We’ve done really well as a team and fortunately I’ve contributed in all four seasons. I’m really looking forward to the fifth season and playing with the new players that are coming in the team, like [Ravindra] Jadeja. Hopefully, I’ll do well this time too.

Batting at No.3, my role is very important in the side. Every time I get a start, I try to finish the game. We have [Michael] Hussey, [Murali] Vijay and myself batting at one, two and three, which forms a very formidable top order. I’m a positive player by nature and that’s how I’m expected to play.

IPL has taught me how to handle pressure and bat in difficult situations. Recently, in the CB Series, we chased down 321 under 40 overs against Sri Lanka. Virat and I put up 120 runs in nine odd overs. We could do it because of the IPL, where we’re often faced with such situations.
I always give my 100 per cent, irrespective of whether I’m wearing the blue jersey or the yellow one. As a professional cricketer, each game is a challenge for me.

Being a Super King

The secret behind CSK’s success is that we always stand by each other – in victories and defeats, joy and sorrow. We always help each other out and celebrate each other’s success, which is very important.

My funniest moment in IPL was when I almost pulled off Doug Bollinger’s hair out after he picked up an important wicket. I didn’t know he had just got a hair transplant done. He swore at me, saying, ‘If you ever touch my hair again, I’ll kill you’. I didn’t go anywhere near him the next time he got a wicket. I have downloaded that video. We still watch it and have a good laugh.

http://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/iplstatic/cms/media/images/630x420/104.jpg

The amount of respect and money we get from the IPL is outstanding. But when we play cricket it’s all about the team. Playing and winning games together has a different high.

CSK didn’t do too well in the 2011 CLT20. We hope to get back on track with this IPL. This year is going to be a challenge for us as the other teams must have figured us out in the last four years.

MS Dhoni – leader, finisher and friend

Dhoni is a very good leader of men. He knows what to tell each player and gets the best out of him. He always believes in his players. It is that belief which won India the World Cup and took us to the No.1 Test spot.

The best thing about Dhoni’s captaincy is that he ensures the environment in the dressing room is always cheerful and positive. When that happens, you can beat any team in the world. He shares a very good equation with the players and the support staff.

People think MS is very calm under pressure. But being his friend I know that calmness is only a facade. He does a very good job of hiding his emotions. The way he conducts himself in such situations shows the toughness of his character. There’s so much one can learn from him. He doesn’t think about the past or worry about the future, just lives in the present moment.

Southpaw mentors

Luckily, my last three coaches have been left-handers – Gary Kirsten with the Indian team and Kepler Wessels and now Stephen Fleming with CSK. I’ve also benefitted a lot from having seniors like Mike Hussey and Matthew Hayden in the CSK camp.

Stephen Fleming is the friendliest, most dashing and disciplined coach I’ve ever had. He’s also one of the most wonderful human beings I’ve met in my life.

The best advice that Fleming gave me was, ‘Stay away from the cheerleaders and focus on your game’.

Sourav Ganguly is my favourite left-hander. I spoke to him at Lord’s and he told me, ‘You have the talent, the strokes and plenty of time on your hand. Keep up the good work and have fun. Have faith in your ability and enjoy the moment’.

As he prepares for yet another action-packed season in the yellow jersey, Raina has made some notes for himself. “Be honest, stay humble, add value to the team”, he says. If he persists with that, it will bode well not only for CSK but for Indian Cricket at large.

ajaybaskar
29th March 2012, 11:31 AM
Super Kings aim for a hat-trick of titles

S. DINAKAR

The Indian Premier League is a happy hunting ground for this big cat. Will the Lion roar again for Chennai?

The Chennai Super Kings will be aiming for a spectacular hat-trick of titles in IPL-5. It's a predatory outfit that picks and chooses it moment to attack. It's also a clever side that responds to situations and creates difficult scenarios for the opposition.

Not surprisingly, CSK is the most successful IPL team; it has triumphed in the IPL twice, reached the final and the semifinal of the competition once each and also won the Champions League.

And it has a strong captain in M.S. Dhoni. His calm exterior, the ability to absorb pressure and tactical nous have ensured CSK's stay at the top. The captain remains one of the most potent finishers in the shorter formats of the game; he keeps his mind blank but gets the opposition bowlers to blink first at the death.

This said, the burden of expectations will be on CSK this time around. In how Dhoni's men cope with this stress, lies their biggest challenge.

Coach Stephen Fleming will surely chip in with his inputs. He will seek to drive home a sporting truth – winning is a habit and teams that do not fear defeat win more.

In the IPL territory, moves off the field – in the auction – can be as crucial as ones on it.

Having the reputation of a franchise that uses its money wisely, CSK's signing of left-arm spinning all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja for two million dollars surprised many.

While the jury is still out on the expensive buy, the CSK has its reasons for roping in Jadeja. On surfaces where the ball grips, Jadeja's brand of left-arm spin could be valuable for the side.

He could combine effectively with the versatile R. Ashwin in the middle overs to build pressure on the batting side. Although Shadab Jakati has turned in some useful displays for CSK overs the years, there was a feeling that he was becoming rather predictable.

Jadeja's ability with the bat and his fielding ability could also be assets to the team.

The CSK is a formidable force at Chepauk and the spinner-friendly conditions are once again likely to favour the host. Ashwin, with his ability to contain and strike at different stages of the innings, will be a key player. Sri Lankan off-spinner Suraj Randiv, who sent down some influential spells last season, will be around too.

Yet, batting remains the team's stronger flank. Murali Vijay, back after tending to a wrist injury in Australia, can be explosive in T20 cricket, both with conventional strokes and the ability to bludgeon the ball over the on-side field. Suresh Raina has a range of inventive strokes of power and finesse. S. Badrinath offers the side both solidity and enterprise.

Michael Hussey will miss the first seven matches due to his commitments for Australia but this will provide CSK with an opportunity to field a new opening partner for Vijay. Abhinav Mukund and Anirudha Srikkanth will be in the fray.

Albie Morkel's big hitting can dent the opposition morale while his pace bowling – he has a handy yorker – can still make an impact. Left-armer Doug Bollinger's incision and accuracy can pose searching questions to the batsmen. When Ben Hilfenhuas joins the side following the Australian tour of the West Indies, his right-arm swing could complement Bollinger's methods. CSK also expects much from the home pacemen such as the tall and rejuvenated Sudip Tyagi.

The spirit in the camp reflects the bonding in CSK. Belief is a key attribute.

Come April 4, CSK, the big cat, will be on the prowl again.

ajaybaskar
30th March 2012, 11:37 AM
Chennai Super Kings commence training for IPL V

Friday, Mar 30 2012

The training-cum-conditioning camp of the Chennai Super Kings kicked off at the franchise's home venue, the M A Chidambaram Stadium in the city today. The team's coach Stephen Fleming, bowling coach, Andy Bichel, fielding coach Steve Rixon and trainer Gregory King are supervising the camp. A large contingent of the home team was put through various fielding, batting and bowling drills for a solid three hours at the first camp.

The team began their training session with a series of physical workouts under the watchful eyes of their trainer, Gregory King. Post the warm-ups the team split into groups for fielding, bowling and batting practice. S Badrinath and Abhinav Mukund had an extensive session at the nets and both were in good nick, with Badrinath in particular practicing his lofted shots. Scott Styris, M Vijay, A Srikkanth and Wriddhiman Saha had their hits at the net as well.

Sudeep Tyagi, Yo Mahesh and Shadab Jakati bowled for over an hour under the watchful eyes of Andy Bichel.

Chennai Super Kings will take on Mumbai Indians in the inaugural match of IPL Season V on 4th April 2012 at MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai.

ajaybaskar
31st March 2012, 01:56 PM
Chennai Super Kings player arrivals – update

The Chennai Super Kings will see a sizeable number of their players arriving in the city over the next few days. Pace spearhead, Doug Bollinger is slated to arrive tomorrow post which some of the big guns are expected.

The training camp for the Super Kings began yesterday and over the next few days the team will be hard at work at the nets. Joining them shortly will be

March 31, 2012 - Doug Bollinger

April 1, 2012 – Suresh Raina, R. Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja

April 2, 2012 – M S Dhoni

April 3, 2012 - Faf Du Plessis and Albie Morkel

April 3, 2012 - Dwayne Bravo and George Bailey

April 8, 2012 - Suraj Randiv

April 10, 2012 - Nuvan Kulashekara

April 30, 2012 - Ben Hilfenhaus and Michael Hussey

satissh_r
2nd April 2012, 12:35 PM
du Plessis spins Titans to T20 title

Fad du Plessis spun the Titans to victory with a return of 4 for 24 after his team posted an imposing 187 for 6, batting on the same pitch that was used for the Twenty20 between South Africa and India on Friday night. The Titans had the advantage from the get-go when Lions' international signing Dirk Nannes was ruled out of the match with a hamstring injury. Ethan O'Reilly replaced Nannes and battled with his lengths throughout, conceding 45 runs in his three overs

http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-africa-domestic-2011/engine/current/match/530364.html

Where and how can we fit him?

scorpio
2nd April 2012, 01:12 PM
Mukund out of IPL 5 for 10 days due to injury :-( Adirshtam ketta paya, opener slot-la amsamaa ukkaarndhirukalaam. May be Anirudh will open with MV. Ellaa teams-layum compare paNNum pOdhu weakest opening pair namma CSK thaan :sigh2:

AB- Kings Club members-kku tickets announcement on the CSK website...F Lower Rs 500-kku tharaangaLaam.....

ajaybaskar
2nd April 2012, 01:28 PM
Pls gimme the link

ajaybaskar
2nd April 2012, 01:53 PM
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg858/scaled.php?tn=0&server=858&filename=2ompo.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

scorpio
2nd April 2012, 01:58 PM
Saw it yday afternoon, ippo link is not there on the website, adhukuLLa tickets ellam viththu pOiduchO? :think:

Dhun Bldg 4th floor-la today and tomorrow between 10-5 PM Kings Club members tickets vaangikalaam-nnu pOtrundhadhu. F Lower at a special price of Rs 500 ( only 2 tickets per membership). I need 3 tickets, adhanaala my husband wasn't keen to go and stand in the queue.....vEra matches-kku paathukalaam, MI match vendaam-nnu sollitaar, I left it at that.

ajaybaskar
2nd April 2012, 04:58 PM
The King enters his Den

Monday, Apr 02 2012

The man with the Midas touch reaches Chennai. He led India to glory in the inaugural World Twenty20, raised a toast to the nation by winning the cricket world cup, lead the most consistent franchise - Chennai Super Kings to title twice and also won the champions league - all in a span of 3 years.

Off the field, his fondness for fast bikes marked him as Mr.Cool, and with a haircut that made news across the country, the cool quotient never waived. In tune with the name, he was hardly seen flustered on the field either. For the cricket crazy Chennai fans, the IPL has truly begun with the entry of the Super Cool King.

ajaybaskar
2nd April 2012, 05:02 PM
Scorps,

Only 100+ tickets were issued to the Kings Club members and the rest were sold in black. The angry fans who've been waiting from 6 am in Dhun building, broke the glasses in the India Cements office and police arrived. They had talks with both the parties and the IC management agreed to issue 500 more tickets. I got one too..

scorpio
2nd April 2012, 05:24 PM
Wow! ticket vaangiyaachaa? :thumbsup:

F Stand eppadi, angErndhu view eppadi-nnu feedback kodunga.

CSK vetRiyOda thirumbhi vaanga :redjump:

VinodKumar's
4th April 2012, 10:20 AM
CSK team

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-jGxRkes06VI/T3uE-V0mj0I/AAAAAAAADfE/Qdrz9y_MDTk/s700/Chennai-Super-Kings-Squad-20121.jpg

hamid
4th April 2012, 10:34 AM
Ajay :thumbsup:

Innaiku playing eleven ennava irukkum? Who are those who didnt arrive yet? what are our chaces today? MI looks formidable :shaking:

VinodKumar's
4th April 2012, 10:43 AM
Hussey , Hilfenhaus , Kulasekara and Randiv are not available. Mukund injury. Dougie and Morkel will be there for sure in the playing eleven. Recent form consider panna Bailey irukanum. 4 varushama 4ae match thaan aadirukaan ippo Australia captain aagitaan yethum veladuraananu papom.

I guess the eleven will be

Vijay , Bailey , RAina , BAdri , Dhoni , Morkel , Jadeja , Bravo/du Plesis, Ashwin , Tyagi , Dougie.

Mumbai jevikirathu konjam kastam thaan. Paakurathuku RAjini padam maari irukaanga :shaking:

wizzy
4th April 2012, 10:43 AM
^so Dhoni could play jogi and jadugar in the same team :lol:

VinodKumar's
4th April 2012, 10:49 AM
^so Dhoni could play jogi and jadugar in the same team :lol:

JJ nu irrukum :lol:

scorpio
4th April 2012, 11:54 AM
Dhoni drops a bomb in y'day's press conference saying Ashiwn is an option for the opener slot :cheer:

wizzy
4th April 2012, 12:05 PM
^Bailey will open

hamid
4th April 2012, 02:03 PM
Dhoni drops a bomb in y'day's press conference saying Ashiwn is an option for the opener slot :cheer:

:shock: ithu eppa? But, I think Ashwin can do well there too :wink:

scorpio
4th April 2012, 02:24 PM
Today's The Hindu sports page....He had mentioned that Faf, Anirudha or Ashwin are opening options along with M. Vijay. Dhoni acknowledged that Faf is in good form.....need to see if Faf gets to play today....Albie, Bravo, Bolli, Bailey-nna Faf-kku enga chance irukku?

hamid
4th April 2012, 08:45 PM
Vijay :banghead:

VinodKumar's
4th April 2012, 08:59 PM
Vijay payaluku bahtila Ashwin opening yerkai vidalam pola. Oru season ku oru century adichitu team la maindain aagikitu irukaan. He is batsman bajji.

wizzy
4th April 2012, 09:02 PM
mathavangaluku chance kondugappa..CSK winning for the third time will kill the goose.

SoftSword
4th April 2012, 09:04 PM
adhu final'la dhanae...

hamid
4th April 2012, 09:16 PM
Paavam ajay :d

wizzy
4th April 2012, 09:18 PM
^is he watching the massacre live? :lol2:

hamid
4th April 2012, 09:21 PM
I think so. He posted he got tickets. Ayyo paavam

ajaybaskar
7th April 2012, 08:53 AM
Chennai Super Kings look to bounce back against Deccan Chargers

VISAKHAPATNAM: Defending champions Chennai Super Kings would look to bounce back after their humiliating defeat against Mumbai Indians in the campaign-opener when they take on a depleted Deccan Chargers in their second IPL fixture on Saturday.

Chennai, the most consistent side in the short history of IPL, were beaten fair and square in front of their home crowd by Mumbai in the inaugural match of the season on Wednesday and they would look to register their first win of the edition against Deccan, one of the weaker sides this year.

The side led by India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni did not look like a team chasing a hat-trick of titles with their key batsmen failing miserably and bowlers coming a cropper to lose against Mumbai by eight wickets. They could post a meagre 112 and lost the match with 19 balls to spare.

Much will depend on the combine of Dhoni and Suresh Raina to secure Chennai's first win on Saturday. Both have not been in the best of forms recently and they would look to make a mark for their team tomorrow.

All-rounder Ravindra Jadeja, the costliest player at this year's auction, came a cropper against Mumbai, but he can be a match-winner any day with his all-round skills in home conditions.

Two other key players, Australian Doug Bollinger and Ravichandran Ashwin -- their pace and spin spearheads -- would also be eager to make a mark quickly in the tournament against a side which will be without captain Kumar Sangakkara who would be missing tomorrow's match due to national duty against England in Sri Lanka.

Deccan, on the other hand, are one of the least fancied sides this year with some of their key players having to sit out of the tournament.

They failed to progress to the knock-out phase last year and finished seventh. This year, the Hyderabad-based side will miss the services of India pacer Ishant Sharma who underwent surgery on his ankle recently.

West Indian Darren Bravo, who has been compared with the legendary batsman Brian Lara, will also not be available as he will be doing national duty at home in the Test series against Australia starting tomorrow.

Much of Deccan's batting responsibility will fall on Australian Cameron White, South African Jean-Paul Duminy Indian players Shikhar Dhawan and Parthiv Patel, this year's only big signing.

On the bowling front, the outcome of the match could depend on South African tearaway pacer Dale Steyn and Indian leg-spinner Amit Mishra. Mishra was the leading wicket-taker for Deccan last season, with 19 scalps.

ajaybaskar
8th April 2012, 09:54 AM
IPL 2012 - DC vs CSK, Match 6: Statistical Highlights

• Suresh Raina took his runs` tally to 1865 (ave.35.86) in 64 matches - the most by a batsman in the IPL.

• Dwayne Bravo (43 not out off 18 balls) recorded a strike rate of 238.88 - the highest in the present tournament, outstripping the 210.00 (42 not out off 20 balls) by Irfan Pathan for Delhi Daredevils against Kolkata Knight Riders at Eden Gardens, Kolkata on April 5.

• Bravo`s knock is his highest for Chennai Super Kings at the IPL. His five sixes in the innings are the most by a Chennai batsman against Deccan Chargers in an IPL match.

• Ravindra Jadeja became the ninth bowler to register a five-wicket haul in the IPL. He has joined Sohil Tanvir (six), Anil Kumble, Ishant Sharma, Lasith Malinga, Amit Mishra, Harbhajan Singh, Munaf Patel and Lakshmipathy Balaji.

• Jadeja (5/16) recorded a career-best bowling performance in Twenty20 - his first instance of five wickets in an innings.

• Jadeja (48 off 29 balls) recorded his highest innings in Twenty20.

• Jadeja is the fourth player to be dismissed hit wicket in the IPL, joining Misbah-ul-Haq (Bangalore), Swapnil Asnodkar (Rajasthan) and Musavir Khote (Mumbai).

• Jadeja`s bowling figures are the best by a Chennai bowler in the IPL. Lakshmipathy Balaji was the first Chennai bowler to take 5 wickets in an innings.

• Jadeja`s performance is the best by a bowler against Deccan Chargers, bettering the 5 for 17 by Amit Mishra for Delhi Daredevils at Delhi on May 15, 2008.

• Jadeja became the first all-rounder to produce a five-wicket haul and register a 40-plus innings in the same match in the IPL history.

• Chennai Super Kings` 74-run victory is their third largest by runs margin in the IPL - the two biggest are by 92 runs against Bangalore in 2009 and by 78 runs against Deccan Chargers the same year.

ajaybaskar
9th April 2012, 10:00 AM
CSK Web site ranks number one

Chennai Super Kings may not have had a great start to IPL-5, but its Web site ranks number one among all IPL team sites, according to a global analytics survey.

The CSK Web site is ranked 3,802 in India and 1,12,107 globally, ahead of its IPL contemporaries. The ranking was done by Alexa, provider of global Web metrics.

It has come out with a report of the top 50,000 Web sites globally. CSK is followed by Deccan Charges with a ranking of 7,767 in India and 1,67,996 globally.

Delhi Daredevils, Kolkata Knight Riders, Mumbai Indians and Kings XI Punjab come in next.

CSK's Facebook page was recently ranked as “one of the fastest growing pages in the world”, said a press release; the page currently has over almost 1 million followers.

ajaybaskar
11th April 2012, 09:30 AM
Scoring less than 120 twice in 3 matches is not expected from a team which bats deep till No.8. What is happening? :(

Siggya maatha vachuruvaanga pola irukke? :think:

VinodKumar's
11th April 2012, 10:13 AM
Ajay, Naama paakatha sariva ... Ithenna puthusa paathukalam vidunga. Siggy alavuku illaenalum top 4 la yachum varuvaanganu paakuraen :shaking: ...

SoftSword
11th April 2012, 05:19 PM
Ajay, Naama paakatha sariva ... Ithenna puthusa paathukalam vidunga. Siggy alavuku illaenalum top 4 la yachum varuvaanganu paakuraen :shaking: ...

adhellaam laedhu....
:thumbsup: thookurom..

VinodKumar's
12th April 2012, 09:31 PM
Confidence Priya confidence !!1

http://i43.tinypic.com/24o82nk.jpg

ajaybaskar
13th April 2012, 10:37 AM
http://lite.epaper.timesofindia.com/Repository/TOICH/2012/04/13/19/Img/Pc0190800.jpg

venkkiram
15th April 2012, 04:40 PM
Deleted.

ajaybaskar
19th April 2012, 01:00 PM
So who would replace Albie today? Styris or Kula?

satissh_r
19th April 2012, 01:27 PM
So who would replace Albie today? Styris or Kula?

2 changes would do us good, Saha for Vijay and Kulasekara for Morkel...

hamid
19th April 2012, 01:30 PM
It will be Styris...

raajarasigan
19th April 2012, 02:44 PM
innaikki kaNdiappA jeikkanum.. pona match gangs team'oda thotthothe sema kaduppAgiduchu... match namma kOttai'la.... kadhara vudanum.. :evil:

scorpio
19th April 2012, 03:26 PM
Dishoom Vijay from the team, make Badri or Ashwin to open
Sudeep Tyagi as the additional pacer
George Bailey as the 4th foreigner.
vetRi namadhe :yes:

hamid
19th April 2012, 03:38 PM
innaikki kaNdiappA jeikkanum.. pona match gangs team'oda thotthothe sema kaduppAgiduchu... match namma kOttai'la.... kadhara vudanum.. :evil:

Itz ok-nga.. Gaguly mela enna kovam? The only teams we should not lose is Mallaya's RCB and saarugaan's gambhir captained KKR.... in fact I would be more than happy if Gangs win this edition and laugh at Shah rukh...

raajarasigan
19th April 2012, 04:19 PM
nevaire... Ganguly commentator aanappuram overa pesuraapla... athanaala than indha kolai veri... Come on Dhoni!!! :mad:

raajarasigan
19th April 2012, 04:20 PM
Scorpio, Bailey'a nambi ellam ticket edukkAthEnga...

scorpio
19th April 2012, 05:31 PM
enna RR, ipadi solliteenga? Australia T20 captain, WI-la aadinappo nalla form-la thaanE irundhaan? Sub continent pitches-la sodhappura aaLaa? :roll:

ajaybaskar
21st April 2012, 10:41 AM
What was the issue between MS and MS in the last match? I saw a photo where Dhoni was kinda warning Samuels. Missed the second half of the first innings, thanks to TN Govt.

VinodKumar's
21st April 2012, 12:59 PM
I thought they were just talking ... before that Dhoni had his hand on Samuels shoulders ...

ajaybaskar
21st April 2012, 11:57 PM
Although CSK are back in the hunt, they are still to hit their prime. Hope they soon find that form.

ajaybaskar
22nd April 2012, 07:31 PM
Albie to join the team tomorrow

raajarasigan
25th April 2012, 04:34 PM
Come on CSK :bluejump: innaikki 200 adichi jeikkaNum...

lydayaxobia493
25th April 2012, 04:52 PM
yes... morkel comes back to the team.. :smokesmirk:

hamid
25th April 2012, 05:08 PM
Albie to join the team tomorrow

ayyayyo??

avanukku vera friend yaarum iruntha sollunga :noteeth:

ajaybaskar
25th April 2012, 05:11 PM
Rain expected in Bangalore

hamid
25th April 2012, 05:14 PM
Rain expected in Bangalore

Vilankidum.. if it rains better there is a washout.. intha naalu oovar match ellam thaangathu.. Gayle and de villers will hit ashwin for sixes while we will send Morkel (thadavify) and Raina(out in second ball)...

ajaybaskar
26th April 2012, 09:05 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/561188_284663238289342_265831703505829_641117_1790 118022_n.jpg

wizzy
26th April 2012, 09:46 AM
Bailey :lol:

ajaybaskar
26th April 2012, 09:52 AM
Ivanga costume Chennaiku suit aaguma enna?

ajithfederer
26th April 2012, 09:53 AM
Pro'lly Winter collection. They Look good.

wizzy
26th April 2012, 09:59 AM
tad overdressed for our winter :lol2: also about time CSk chucked Rbk for Puma/Adidas...the current jersey looks clumsy...DC/MI got the best ones in IPL.

VinodKumar's
26th April 2012, 10:04 AM
DD's jersey is also good. CSK jersey looks like rotu kadai thuni :twisted: ... Naanum decent ah na material la fit ah poduvaanganu paakuraen.

ajaybaskar
26th April 2012, 05:27 PM
After chasing down 205

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/523065_416513221700412_107844962567241_1600895_126 1072164_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/580482_416513308367070_107844962567241_1600896_151 0358313_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/154503_416513361700398_107844962567241_1600897_160 7099775_n.jpg

ajaybaskar
26th April 2012, 05:31 PM
Annan kai edho uruttukattai maadhiri irukku. :shock:

wizzy
26th April 2012, 06:28 PM
^What you say about this..after being out of the game still to be :shock: :shock:

http://i49.tinypic.com/25jgimp.jpg

ajaybaskar
28th April 2012, 09:12 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/577966_286297968125869_265831703505829_643598_1798 77612_n.jpg

ajaybaskar
28th April 2012, 09:41 AM
Title holders CSK want to finish on top of points table

CHENNAI: Mixed bag of results so far in the tournament, notwithstanding, defending champions Chennai Super Kings would like to finish on top of the points table in their quest to retain the Indian Premier League title, team coach Stepehen Fleming said on Friday.

CSK had so far witnessed a mixed outing in IPL 5 and is presently lying in the third position in the standings with nine points from eight games.

"The team is happy about the fact that we have won 50 per cent of the games we have played so far in the home and away format. We are aiming to finish at the top of the points table in the ongoing IPL," Fleming said ahead of his side's match against Kings XI Punjab.

"But we have to keep improving. We are looking at getting to the top spot," the Kiwi added.

Asked how it feels to play back-to-back matches against a particular rival, Fleming said: "We have not analysed the schedule. The team has only been looking at recovery time between games."

Fleming said that there is a problem of plenty in the CSK ranks when it comes to choosing overseas players for a match.

"Yes, strategy comes in for selection. Albie Morkel is back. (Nuwan) Kulasekara als had two fantastic games. But you have to think of the form of a player and conditions before selecting the team for a particular game," he said.

"You must take this rationale into account while deciding the playing eleven. But the good thing is that the team was getting better with every game," the former New Zealand skipper said.

Lauding West Indian Dwayne Bravo for his bowling abilities, Fleming said: "Dwayne Bravo can bowl effectively in the slog overs."

hamid
28th April 2012, 05:53 PM
Any news on hussey?

SoftSword
28th April 2012, 06:02 PM
if huss comes, then they hav to introduce a local bowler and make kula sit...

ajaybaskar
28th April 2012, 06:44 PM
Will reach chennai on 30th.

hamid
28th April 2012, 07:41 PM
Thanks Ajay

ajaybaskar
2nd May 2012, 09:14 AM
So... The equation is clear. Win 4 out of 6 games and move to play offs. Neither a tough task nor an easy one. Fascinating week ahead. :)

VinodKumar's
2nd May 2012, 09:29 AM
So... The equation is clear. Won 4 out of 6 games and move to play offs. Neither a tough task nor an easy one. Fascinating week ahead. :)

Intha maari situation thaan yethirpaathaen. Intresting :yes:

lydayaxobia493
2nd May 2012, 09:35 AM
Intha maari situation thaan yethirpaathaen. Intresting :yes:

namakku ithuna puthusha... ithula thaana thrilling ae irukku...

hamid
2nd May 2012, 11:38 AM
Dhoni : innumada intha ooru nambala nambikittu irukku :D
Albie : vidunga thala..a thu avinga thalai ezuthu :noteeth:

:|

Saai
6th May 2012, 08:26 PM
Gutted!!!!

ajaybaskar
6th May 2012, 08:29 PM
Vidungappa.. It was more like the CSK vs RCB match. This time we were in the receiving end. :)

Saai
6th May 2012, 08:32 PM
Vidungappa.. It was more like the CSK vs RCB match. This time we were in the receiving end. :)

namma oorla ipdi nadandhirundha paravaala!!! namma pasangala thatti kuduthurukalaam..... mumbaila poyi........

ajaybaskar
6th May 2012, 09:22 PM
The next 4 sides that CSK is set to meet: RR,DD,KKR,KXIP. Playoff chances romba prakaasama theriyudhu... :(

ajaybaskar
6th May 2012, 11:45 PM
Murali Vijay becomes the 5th CSK player to reach 1000 IPL run landmark. He follows Raina,Dhoni,Hayden and Badrinath.

ajaybaskar
7th May 2012, 01:28 PM
Permutations and combinations for CSK to reach the playoffs...

1. Win the remaining 4 matches and sail comfortably.

2. Win 3 out and 4 and still go through as we have an extra point because of the rain affected match.

3. Win 2 out of 4, especially against RR and KXIP and wait for few more results in our favour. They are,

a) MI wins both their matches against RCB.

b) DC wins at least one match against KXIP out of the two matches.

c) PWI wins at least one match against RR out if the two matches.

hamid
7th May 2012, 01:38 PM
Permutations and combinations for CSK to reach the playoffs...

1. Win the remaining 4 matches and sail comfortably.
you got to be kidding.. the remaining matches are DD, KKR, RR and KXI

2. Win 3 out and 4 and still go through as we have an extra point because of the rain affected match.
hmm.. we are possibly dreaming now.. but why cant we.. one win against either KKR or DD and win against the other two.. hmm.. possible....

3. Win 2 out of 4, especially against RR and KXIP and wait for few more results in our favour. They are,

a) MI wins both their matches against RCB.

b) DC wins at least one match against KXIP out of the two matches.

c) PWI wins at least one match against RR out if the two matches.

hmm..intha ella combinationum nadakkurathu kastam.....
but win 3 out off 4 will be the best bet.. it all depends on the confidence the team has in itself.. Raina is the key.. I do expect him to shine from now on.. Faf seems to have lost his touch... but cant replace him at this stage..

hamid
7th May 2012, 01:41 PM
My Team

Faf/Hussey
Vijay
Raina
Bravo
Dhoni
Jadeja
Badri
Ashwin
Jakati
Kulasekara
Hilfy

hamid
7th May 2012, 01:45 PM
Who are the indin batsman available with us who can replace Badri in the middle order? anybody worth considering?

Siv.S
7th May 2012, 01:51 PM
Who are the indin batsman available with us who can replace Badri in the middle order? anybody worth considering?
We have Vasudevadas.. have seen him playing in Ranji...Satish R,wizzy can comment whether he is worth of Badri's replacement... Vignesh is stilll in the squad... Mukund still not recovered?? Anirudha kooda irukkapla.. :lol2:

ajaybaskar
7th May 2012, 01:54 PM
The difficulty here is the toss up between Faf and Huss.

hamid
7th May 2012, 01:56 PM
Mukund, Aniruddh ellam opening batsman illaya? somebody who can add firepower at the death? Vignesh... Satish, Wizzy, Ajay.. any comments on him?

I presume we dont have any good bowlers with us... :(

ajaybaskar
7th May 2012, 01:58 PM
Sathish was with MI with 3 seasons and you know how he played. But I don't think the management will try out any new face from now on. Munnadiye pannirukkanum.

hamid
7th May 2012, 01:58 PM
The difficulty here is the toss up between Faf and Huss.

Yep.. With Vijay striking some form and trying to get some quick runs at the top I would keep him now.. We need to consider Faf's presence in the field too.. I just love this guy... Hussey is one whom I still adore.. but cant feel saying he shd repalce Faf..

But, they need to remove Albie from the playing eleven.. He is not fitting in teh team balance and the team badly needs good bowlers....

ajaybaskar
7th May 2012, 01:59 PM
Anirudh is safe bet. Kanna moodittu suthuvaan..

hamid
7th May 2012, 02:00 PM
hmm.. true.. Badri is not so bad actually.. he cant slog.. But to rotate the strike and to get some boundaries in between he is useful.. His strike rate is around 120+ i think and he never lost his wicket easily..

hamid
7th May 2012, 02:02 PM
Anirudh is safe bet. Kanna moodittu suthuvaan..

yeah.. seen him bating in previous editions.. but is he fit? Hope he works on his fitness first :lol:

Yep.. Can take him and use him as a pinch hitter.. send him ahead of Bravo, Dhoni and ask him to just hit out..

Siv.S
7th May 2012, 02:02 PM
Hamid..Mukund,Anirudh already played down the order for few times....

hamid
7th May 2012, 02:05 PM
hmm. .Havent seen Mukund playing yet..

But the first and foremost is to get two strike bowlers in the team and starting with them.. athu seyyathavaraikkum kadupputhaan varuthu CSK team management mela..

Siv.S
7th May 2012, 02:07 PM
Sathish was with MI with 3 seasons and you know how he played. But I don't think the management will try out any new face from now on. Munnadiye pannirukkanum.
Yov naan Hubber Satish-aa sonnen... and that R Satish is with KXI Punjab now...

hamid
7th May 2012, 02:08 PM
Also any comments on field settings guys?
am I the only one feeling liek this?..

whenever the opposition players hit a boundary somehow I feel there is no fielders at that position at all.. nobody even comes in the frame till the ball reaches the boundary.. :banghead: OTOH whenever we hit for a boundary, there is always fielder to catch or field.... see the number of times our players got out trying to hit sixes after the first six overs... is it some bad field setting by Dhoni or the batsman are playing too good and our batsman are not upto the mark?

hamid
7th May 2012, 02:09 PM
Yov naan Hubber Satish-aa sonnen... and that R Satish is with KXI Punjab now...

:lol: I also said about the hubber only.. But Ajay responseku appuram sari avanum irukkan polannu ninaichittu vittutten :D

ajaybaskar
7th May 2012, 02:11 PM
Oh.. Avan inga illaya? Nalla velai.. Kaasu micham. MI understood that and they sold him out I guess.

ajaybaskar
7th May 2012, 02:15 PM
MS has gone defensive these days. Waiting for things to happen. Sometimes he thinks like no other captain thinks. Example: Giving Jaddu that 18th over, placing Hayden exactly behind the bowler when Pollard was striking well in the 2010 final. Other times, he forgets the basics.. Kurrummbbu...

wizzy
7th May 2012, 02:17 PM
CSK is cloaking the team with too many bats for a t-20..5 quality bats are more than enough..Sudeep Tyagi won't do worse than Bravo/Morkel..ideally 4 overseas should be Faf/Huss/Bolly/Hilfy...get Huss to open with Vijay and Faf @4 and Anirudh in Badri's place but knowing Dhoni/CSK they would readily forgo anyone for Morke/Bravo :lol:

hamid
7th May 2012, 02:20 PM
Wizzy...

Bravo has done well so far.. his batting and fielding are good... Bowling too.. but appappa full toss pottududaraan :( .... I wont mind having him in the team..

ajaybaskar
7th May 2012, 02:21 PM
This 8 batsmen theory also makes the frontline batsmen lethargic. Namma ponaa innoruthan irukkangra dhairiyam. Else, we should score 200 every time with this 8 batsmen.

hamid
7th May 2012, 02:21 PM
MS has gone defensive these days. Waiting for things to happen. Sometimes he thinks like no other captain thinks. Example: Giving Jaddu that 18th over, placing Hayden exactly behind the bowler when Pollard was striking well in the 2010 final. Other times, he forgets the basics.. Kurrummbbu...

ennatha defensive Ajay.. Defensivena wicket edukkrathu kastam aana runs pokaathumbaainga.. I dont see them containing any runs with the defensive approach..

hamid
7th May 2012, 02:33 PM
This 8 batsmen theory also makes the frontline batsmen lethargic. Namma ponaa innoruthan irukkangra dhairiyam. Else, we should score 200 every time with this 8 batsmen.

I have seen that letharginess only with Vijay.. Honestly mathavanga ellam poruppathaan aada try panraainga.. Raina wasnt able to clear the field and gets out.. also these runouts hurt us a lot... losing costly wickets.. initial 10 oversla risky runs-a avoid pannanum

wizzy
7th May 2012, 02:37 PM
Hamid, Bravo/Albie can't take the new ball hence Dhoni is stretched on the bowling front with Ashwin not at his best in the first 6 overs.. on current form Faf/Huss offer a lot more in batting than them..look around all other teams they have atleast 2 strike bowlers so an attack of Bolly/Hilfy/Tyagi/Ashwin/Jadeja/ >> Hilfy/Morkel/Bravo/Ashwin/Jadeja.

ajaybaskar
7th May 2012, 02:42 PM
I think the number of boundaries we've scored this season is also less. Any comments?

hamid
7th May 2012, 02:42 PM
Wizzy..

Opening Bowling Bravo/Morkel should not bowl.. 100% agree.. we need to have 2 pacers.. Hilfy and Kula was my pick [ with current form Bolly is leakign too many runs and not taking any wickets]

Faf and Hussey in the same team - not a bad idea.. though I slightly prefer Faf or Hussey and Bravo..Bravo's batting at the death will be handy in my opinion and he can be a useful bowler in the iddle overs...

But yes.. the main issue is we need two strike bowlers who can bowl in tanden in the opening overs and at death.. thats the main issue... as long as Dhoni/Fleming correct that I wont mind removing Bravo.. But Alie should be the first casualty..

ajaybaskar
7th May 2012, 02:46 PM
Albie was Hamid Bhai's wife in his last birth I guess. Ennaa kolaveri?

hamid
7th May 2012, 02:53 PM
and he seems your girlfriend Ajay.. Never a word wrong about him even after knowing his place in eleven cost the team dearly... :lol:

yah.. first season was our honeymoon.. if you can trace back our posts during that season I would have supported him like anything.. but after that he just screws up the team as much as he can.. remember him doing the same and we discussing regarding this during th esecond season too.. Bala(K) was active that time...

ajaybaskar
7th May 2012, 02:58 PM
Paavam sir Avan. His bowling screws up big time. But he is a good batsman. He is allowed only 10,20 balls to face and what can he do? I remember a match in which he was sent second drop after the wicket of Hayden and Raina. He cracked a quickfire 70 and helped CSK reach 240+. That is his place. He can be dropped if you are not going to play him upfront.

hamid
7th May 2012, 03:03 PM
Ajay :shock: ivvalo paasama :|
antha kaalathula avanukku naanumthaan jaameen koduthennu solreene.. wat is his contribution this time? Hayden was in ominous form in the first season.. aana athukaka avana vachikitte irukka mudiyuma Ajay?

The last two matches were best suited for him right ?what has he done Ajay? sending him at no.4 ellam verum kanavuthaane. He is not fit in the playing eleven and cost the balance of the team.. he might be a sokka thangam.. but teamla athukkaka ellam vachikka mudiyaathu..especially being a foreigner... his opening bowling releaes any sort of pressure we get from other end too..

Badriyaiye edukkalaamnu pesittu irukkom.. avan mela illatha paasama? illa ivan avana vidava paavam?

ajaybaskar
7th May 2012, 03:07 PM
Scott Styris (@scottbstyris) 07/05/12 2:11
PM

Amazing scenes at our CSK function, an awards ceremony for Gulf Oil! Best Financial discipline for 2011/12 award went to @albiemorkel

wizzy
7th May 2012, 03:55 PM
Hamid, Kula is also good but he is way too similar to Morkel/Bravo in pace and is suited more for slow/low tracks..on a track with some carry Bolly over him any day...remember Bolly bowled a excellent penultimate over against PWI with Smith/Angelo taking strike..if it wasn't for him CSK would have lost that match too.

ajaybaskar
10th May 2012, 08:49 AM
Looks like Bollinger will return to the playing eleven today.

ajaybaskar
10th May 2012, 08:59 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s320x320/533439_372659416118269_100001226401396_1060654_197 7459121_n.jpg

VinodKumar's
10th May 2012, 09:23 AM
:rotfl3:

ajithfederer
10th May 2012, 09:36 AM
:lol:, Good one. Self-satire is good for health. :thumbsup:

littlemaster1982
10th May 2012, 09:38 AM
Loved the watermark :lol:

VinodKumar's
10th May 2012, 09:40 AM
Watermark is apt for Dhoni's stroke in the picture. Stan, wait for few more days. 4 matchum jeyichitomna enga aatam thaangathu :noteeth:

wizzy
10th May 2012, 10:08 AM
if it wasn't for his CSK affiliation Dhoni would struggle to make it to Indian T-20 side.

hamid
10th May 2012, 10:19 AM
:rotfl: @ the pic

ajaybaskar
10th May 2012, 11:27 AM
IPL 5: CSK, RCB edging the battle for play-offs?

With just a few games to go until the league stage of this year’s IPL comes to an end, it is still difficult to draw a clear picture of the four teams that will get a shot at glory in the tournament. Delhi Daredevils and Kolkata Knight Riders have set the pace at the top, but in what has been one of the most open seasons of the IPL, it is tough to predict which teams will join them in the next round.

Of the remaining seven teams, five teams – Chennai Super Kings, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Rajasthan Royals, Kings XI Punjab and Mumbai Indians – are still in the hunt for the remaining two spots, with Pune Warriors and Deccan Chargers having played themselves out of contention. Different minds have different predictions, but at the moment Chennai and Bangalore look the most likely to grab the ticket. Mumbai, Rajasthan and Punjab, though good sides capable of beating anyone on their day, look slightly fragile in comparison to their southern counterparts.

Mumbai were expected to do well, having won the Champions League T20 last year and added more big names to their line-up this season, but inconsistency has been their undoing so far. Neither of their stars has performed on a regular basis, barring Lasith Malinga, who still needs some support from the other end. Kieron Pollard is yet to fire, while Sachin Tendulkar has had only one half-century to his name in 8 matches since returning from injury, against Chennai at his home ground. Rohit Sharma and Ambati Rayadu have been the topscorers for their side, however neither has a very impressive strike rate, and it is no wonder that the big scores have eluded Mumbai more often than not.

Rajasthan are another side that have struggled for consistency. Bowling allrounder Kevon Cooper is now back home, though Shane Watson, joining them at the eleventh hour, has evened things out, with the Australian compiling 134 runs and picking up 3 wickets in just 3 games so far. However, Rajasthan’s batting relies largely on openers Ajinkya Rahane and Rahul Dravid, who have been in fine form. However, whenever these two departed early, the other batsmen have failed to spend time on wicket. Among the bowlers, Amit Singh and Brad Hogg are the leading wicket-takers with 10 wickets apiece, but their failure to strike at the crucial moments has hurt them.

Punjab have improved after a slow start, and have put in some good performances despite losing skipper Adam Gilchrist to injury. Pakistan allroudner Azhar Mahmood has been a big weapon of them, while Mandeep Singh, Shaun Marsh, David Hussey among the batsmen and Piyush Chawla, Ryan Harris and Parvinder Awana have produced at different moments. However, the team has found it difficult to maintain a balance between the bat and ball and at times have fallen prey to pressure in decisive moments, losing games when three points looked to be in the bag. Moreover, with Gilchrist set to return to the line-up, choosing the four foreign players and maintaining the balance of their side will prove to be a difficult call for Punjab.

Unlike the earlier editions, two-time winners Chennai are yet to set the field on fire. The batting has been over-reliant on Faf du Plessis, while none of the bowlers has been consistently on the mark. However, they have managed to keep themselves in contention despite some insipid performances, and should they win their match against Rajasthan on Thursday, the defending champions could find themselves well-placed for the final run-in. There were signs in their previous game against Mumbai that the remaining batsmen are also finding form, and the likes of Dwayne Bravo, Albie Morkel, Suresh Raina and MS Dhoni can lift the team at any moment. Chennai also have the advantage of having been in identical situations in the past, and with their remaining games against Delhi and Kolkata – both of whom may have sealed their qualification by then – a seemingly daunting fixture list may just turn in their favour.

On the other hand, Bangalore boast of powerful names like Chris Gayle, AB de Villiers, Tillakaratne Dilshan and Virat Kohli. Of these, Gayle and de Villiers have made the relative lack of form of the other two seem redundant. The West Indian, especially, has carried the team on several occasions, and much like last year, his blistering form could be critical for his side’s progress. Meanwhile, the bowling also has some able performers in Zaheer Khan and Vinay Kumar, and with the wickets getting slower, Bangalore can utilize this more than any other team to use their two legendary spinners, Daniel Vettori and Muttiah Muralitharan.

So Chennai with their experience, and Bangalore with their strength in depth, look the most likely in the present scenario to make the play-offs. Of course, these predictions can go totally wrong, given the unpredictable nature of Twenty20 where even one delivery is enough to turn a game on its head. In fact, the only thing one can be sure of is action-packed and close encounters, as the pressure cranks up at the business end of the tournament.

http://cricketnext.in.com/live/news/csk-rcb-edging-the-battle-for-playoffs/65660-13.html

Siv.S
10th May 2012, 11:32 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s320x320/533439_372659416118269_100001226401396_1060654_197 7459121_n.jpg

:rotfl: :rotfl3:

directhit
10th May 2012, 12:12 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s320x320/533439_372659416118269_100001226401396_1060654_197 7459121_n.jpg :rotfl:

Looks like Bollinger will return to the playing eleven today. me too returning to the cheering XI today :smokesmirk:

wizzy
10th May 2012, 01:51 PM
Faf
Aaaah.stil man down with the virus.been 3 days now.haaating this.

Huss might also get a game...all canary yellow OZ day today :lol2:

ajaybaskar
10th May 2012, 08:40 PM
Badrinath misses the IPL march for first time. Suresh Raina now becomes the only player to be a part of all the 75 matches that CSK has played.

VinodKumar's
11th May 2012, 01:35 AM
http://i46.tinypic.com/2r7v95h.jpg

ajaybaskar
11th May 2012, 08:33 AM
Player Update: Doug Bollinger has left to Australia citing personal reasons. His availability for the rest of the season is unknown.

VinodKumar's
11th May 2012, 10:24 AM
Ippo Dougie fit ah iruntha thaan prachanai. Hilfy is doing good.

directhit
11th May 2012, 11:45 AM
jus now checked our nesstu matches are against Delhi and Kolkatta :lol2: cricket channel subscribe pannadhu waste aayidum polaye :think:

scorpio
11th May 2012, 11:49 AM
jus now checked our nesstu matches are against Delhi and Kolkatta :lol2: cricket channel subscribe pannadhu waste aayidum polaye :think:

KKR match anikku rasgulla, DD match anikku Mughlai Biriyani avataar-la pOttu vandhu aajar aagunga!

directhit
12th May 2012, 08:51 PM
wrong thread..

hamid
12th May 2012, 09:01 PM
Provide that we are winning this match, what are our chances? Do we need to win both the rem 2 matches? Or can afford to lose one?

Mi and rcb seems got it easy for them.

directhit
12th May 2012, 09:14 PM
lets go winning all the 3 ;)

looks like Mumbai has to play Kolkatta again! and RCB..

modhalla namma ess aar kay shouldera erakkanum

hamid
12th May 2012, 10:16 PM
Is thr a possibility kkr not qualifying for playoffs? :lol2:

But have to agree they are the best unit as a team in this ipp

VinodKumar's
15th May 2012, 01:23 AM
http://i50.tinypic.com/1z5hrg0.jpg

VinodKumar's
15th May 2012, 01:24 AM
http://i46.tinypic.com/33k3p68.jpg

VinodKumar's
15th May 2012, 01:25 AM
http://i48.tinypic.com/24pguaq.jpg

ajaybaskar
15th May 2012, 07:54 AM
Raina edho kudhiraila ukkandhu irukkura maadhiri irukku.

sathya_1979
15th May 2012, 08:51 AM
enakku vEra maadhiri theriyudhu :face-palm: :oops: :yessir:

VinodKumar's
17th May 2012, 02:28 AM
Chennai super kings fansuuuuu raise your handsuuuuuuu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5JHAkMFgNbY

VinodKumar's
17th May 2012, 02:32 AM
Final touch "Vada poche" :rotfl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaWMh-lKcWE&feature=related

ajaybaskar
17th May 2012, 02:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hl7yGR04yTU#!

ajaybaskar
18th May 2012, 09:15 AM
The 2013 Indian Premier League season, abbreviated as IPL 6 or the IPL 2013, will be the sixth season of the Indian Premier League, established by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) in 2007.The tournament will begin on April 3 and end May 26, 2013. It has been suggested that Gujarat Gaurav, a new team, is also hopeful of playing in IPL 6.

scorpio
18th May 2012, 11:12 AM
Jadeja Saurashtra thaanE? Gujarat team-kku freeyaa koduthuralaam :yes:

VinodKumar's
18th May 2012, 11:25 AM
Jadeja Saurashtra thaanE? Gujarat team-kku freeyaa koduthuralaam :yes:

:goodidea:

lydayaxobia493
18th May 2012, 11:31 AM
u guys forgot tat jadeja is the reason for 3 or 4 winning games...

Wonder y do u all hating jaddu... ? :huh:

wizzy
18th May 2012, 11:32 AM
:goodidea:

add Munni/Pappu Patels to that killer team :yes:

VinodKumar's
18th May 2012, 11:50 AM
u guys forgot tat jadeja is the reason for 3 or 4 winning games...

Wonder y do u all hating jaddu... ? :huh:

You will hate him one day for sure. "Practice makes the man perfect".

VinodKumar's
18th May 2012, 11:51 AM
add Munni/Pappu Patels to that killer team :yes:

:lol: and name the team Gujarat Killers.

lydayaxobia493
18th May 2012, 12:00 PM
:lol: and name the team Gujarat Killers.

Wow..its my state...

Surat super kings....:2thumbsup:

ajithfederer
18th May 2012, 12:06 PM
What a long way you have come from!!! :lol:

You will hate him one day for sure. "Practice makes the man perfect".

ajaybaskar
18th May 2012, 12:58 PM
The irony is CSK's golden run came to end in the venue where it actually started. :???:

icezlus
18th May 2012, 04:29 PM
Jadeja is the last player to be blamed for the failure...or one of the last. ennamo avana paatha erichala than irukum but he was not bad overall, the stats will speak for him. in fact he's the highest wicket taker of CSK this year. :lol: and that explains what went wrong

icezlus
18th May 2012, 04:31 PM
indha varusham fairplay la kooda kotai vittutaangale...

VinodKumar's
18th May 2012, 09:31 PM
What a long way you have come from!!! :lol:

:ashamed: vara vachitaan !!!

VinodKumar's
18th May 2012, 09:33 PM
Jadeja is the last player to be blamed for the failure...or one of the last. ennamo avana paatha erichala than irukum but he was not bad overall, the stats will speak for him. in fact he's the highest wicket taker of CSK this year. :lol: and that explains what went wrong

Yes it was a team failure. As Wizzy used to say Raina's and Ashwin's poor form is the main reason for CSK's failure his year.

HonestRaj
19th May 2012, 02:25 PM
sometimes Dhoni atleast 85 to 90% strike rate kooda aim pannama bat pannuvar.. parkkura namakku kaduppethuvar..
anyhow, he is great to get 2 title wins for CSK & 2nd place once.. 1 champions league title..
they need to find a very strong middle order so that openers can go after the bowling in the first 6 overs itself.. i feel, they miss someone like hayden..
hussey should be in the middle order..

let them come stronger next time..
still hoping for some "miracle" which keeps CSK in top 4

lydayaxobia493
19th May 2012, 02:29 PM
still hoping for some "miracle" which keeps CSK in top 4

me too hope... only thing, DC bowling is poor.. otherwis there is cent percent chance for DC wil beat RBC... Let c..

HonestRaj
19th May 2012, 04:47 PM
CSK has been below-par in league stage
One of the oldest sayings in sport is: Do not leave your destiny in someone else's hands. Defending champion Chennai Super Kings has done just that in this edition of the Indian Premier League.
Finishing the league phase with 17 points from 16 games, CSK requires Delhi Daredevils to defeat Kings XI Punjab and Deccan Chargers to overcome Royal Challengers Bangalore.
While sport can throw up surprises and it would be hasty to write off CSK, an objective assessment of the Chennai side's performance in the league stage of IPL-V reflects a below-par display so far.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni's men's have been the most consistent side in the competition; they have triumphed twice and reached the final and the semifinals once each. This time around the different arms of the team have not functioned in cohesion.
Ordinary batsmanship
A batting powerhouse, CSK has been let down by ordinary batsmanship this season. The fact that the highest individual score by a CSK batsman this season so far is 73 by South African import Faf du Plessis tells the story.
The lack of big innings by a top-order batsman — the rest of the batting could have revolved around those knocks — deprived the CSK line-up of stability. The constant tinkering with the opening combination meant CSK did not possess a settled top-order when it mattered most.
The talented du Plessis conjured up some delightful cameos but could not push on to bigger things, Murali Vijay barely showed flashes of brilliance, the hard-working S. Badrinath received a raw deal and the otherwise dependable Michael Hussey essayed a terrible stroke at a critical juncture against Kings XI.
CSK was not helped by the fact that its impact player of the seasons gone by — Suresh Raina — returned a top-score of 44 in the league phase. The hunger and the desire of the past were lacking this time around.
The pacing of the innings remained an issue with CSK. Skipper Dhoni promoted himself in the order but could not provide the much-needed impetus to batting. Dhoni made 269 runs in 16 matches at 24.45 but his strike rate of 112.55 and a highest score of 40 were disappointing returns. Dwayne Bravo and Albie Morkel, multi-dimensional cricketers with explosive batting ability, had their moments in tight finishes yet CSK, bravely, should have fielded either a special overseas batsman or a paceman in one of these two slots. An excess of all-rounders — CSK had another one of them in Ravindra Jadeja — meant the side was short of specialists. Ben Hilfenhaus , an outstanding swing bowler, missed a potent pace partner who could have also donned the role of a ‘death' bowler. Hilfenhaus can be influential with the new ball but CSK was without a bowler with pace, incision and swing in the end overs.
Jadeja underused
Given his price tag of $2 million, CSK did not make optimum use of Jadeja. The fact that Dhoni, for most part, decided to field two left-arm spinners in the eleven meant they often cut into each other. All the more surprising since Jadeja's 120 wickets in 38 first class games at 28.01 compares favourably with Shadab Jakati's 136 scalps in 52 matches at 32.99.
Jadeja has 57 wickets in 58 ODIs for India at 38.42 while Jakati is yet to represent the country in any format.
Spinners rely on captains for confidence and Dhoni's handling of Jadeja vis a vis management of overs would not have instilled belief in the bowler. Consequently, Jadeja was largely a let down in the league phase with his batting too firing only in fits and starts.
The side also searched in vain for a reliable Indian paceman — Yomahesh has to work on his control — and the continued non-inclusion of Sudip Tyagi was baffling. And The fact that rival batsmen appeared to have ‘sorted out' off-spinner R. Ashwin's variations did not help matters either. While Ashwin's economy rate was a creditable 6.34, he took only nine wickets in 16 matches.
The inability of the spinners to strike telling blows was the principal reason for CSK not being the same force at home.

http://www.thehindu.com/sport/cricket/article3433624.ece

lydayaxobia493
21st May 2012, 12:05 AM
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/545360_296726867084143_184875021602662_631835_6984 30766_n.jpg

Ena pandranga nu puriyaliye..........

HonestRaj
21st May 2012, 12:09 AM
kai..... thatturanga

lydayaxobia493
21st May 2012, 12:11 AM
aanastu...athu theriyuthu... ethukku thattranga ???

ajaybaskar
21st May 2012, 02:42 PM
Gurunath was also pleased that CSK will feature in the Champions League this October. The top three teams in the play-offs automatically make the cut while the fourth side will be given an opportunity to figure in the qualifying rounds of the competition.

Russel was soon busy with the team's travel arrangements for the Bangalore duel; CSK will leave on Monday. Skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Suresh Raina — the two had taken a break to spend some time at home — will join the side in Bangalore.

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-sports/article3440613.ece

Siv.S
21st May 2012, 03:37 PM
kai..... thatturanga
They were dancing after the chasing of RCB's 205...

lydayaxobia493
21st May 2012, 04:09 PM
//dig-- frnds aa irukkalam nu try pandren...mudiya maatenguthu..question kettathu naanu..quote pandrathu vera..anyway thx. for ur info... :???://

ajaybaskar
21st May 2012, 05:00 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/525091_367193770008376_100001532693641_990117_2105 770517_n.jpg

Arvind Srinivasan
21st May 2012, 06:42 PM
Gurunath was also pleased that CSK will feature in the Champions League this October. The top three teams in the play-offs automatically make the cut while the fourth side will be given an opportunity to figure in the qualifying rounds of the competion

Appo intha qualifying roundslan irukka...Thought with the inclusion of the Pakistan team, they had done away with this.....

lydayaxobia493
22nd May 2012, 12:18 AM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/540616_431793123513720_338430802849953_88689829_20 64271997_n.jpg

ajaybaskar
22nd May 2012, 07:04 AM
Given our performances in previous editions of the IPL, we were disappointed that we didn’t gain an automatic entry into the playoffs. Our loss to Kings XI Punjab left us at the mercy of other teams. All of us were dejected but the camp was still abuzz. We were together and just went about our tasks without clouding our minds on the various permutations and combinations needed for us to get into the playoffs.

What lifted our spirits as we came into Chennai post our Kings XI loss were the comforting words of our management. They told us, yes, it is disappointing but we have seen you all put in your best efforts. Not everything will go our way. We will hope for the best, failing which we shall look forward to the next edition. The love of the fans was incredible to see. Wherever we bumped into people, at the hotel, airport or at some malls the common message was “Don’t worry. We are a great team and there is hope for us.” “We will play the playoffs”. “Our championship is not over yet. We will prevail”. It was just amazing. And I don’t know if I am biased but I just saw yellow, everywhere I looked.

When I look back on our performances and as Coach Fleming mentioned in some of his conferences we had an opportunity to win a couple of close games that we didn’t and that has hurt us in the long run. This is also an indication on how much all the other teams have improved. "We didn't get collective run flow. Faf du Plessis was excellent, but didn't get big scores. Teams are dependent on contributions from the top three or four batsmen. Unless you have 2 or 3 players in good form, you are going to end up with par scores rather than match-winning scores. We struggled, apart from the 200 against Bangalore.”

According to Coach Fleming it was difficult especially with key batsmen not being consistent this season. "Last two seasons, we had big scores to support the bowlers. But when the batsmen struggle then it becomes difficult for the team to live up to expectation. We were expecting our top order to come good in the playoffs. But if we do not reach that stage we would have disappointed our fans in a big way." But it was our fans that gave us a lot of hope and encouragement as we faced some difficult days till last night.

On the positive side, this short break actually helped us since it just brought us all closer to each other. Our team luncheons and dinners were happy events as everyone got together without the tensions of an upcoming match. And all of us gathered to watch each match. I can tell you that there were more than 10 captains in a room and each decision was dissected and discussed colourfully. As a player manager, these sessions were an eye-opener. The depth of knowledge, passion for the game and the sheer detail that a player needs to consider before taking any decision in match is truly mind boggling. There was good natured banter and everyone had their favourites. But yes, we were tense. And as each match turned out the way it did and our chances improved, the tension rose higher. It is different when you are playing and the outcome of a match is in your hands dependent on your efforts. But to be in a situation where you had no control and were just hoping for one team to win, is quite difficult. We all got together in one room and watched yesterday’s match between Deccan Chargers and The Royal Challengers Bangalore. And along with our billion fans, our hopes also rose and fell at different stages of the match. Once the Chargers put up a small total we thought that was it and some of the players gave up hope. But we have been in plenty of crunch matches like these to know that pressure plays a vital role. Some of the wiser players counseled us and said, please wait for the second innings. And those words were so true.

Gayle nearly dashed all our hopes with his big hitting. But once he fell and a few quick wickets post that, we knew that we had a chance. As long as Dale Steyn had a good day, it would be difficult for the Royal Challengers and it was true once again. His was an incisive spell and Bangalore didn’t recover from his strikes. The tension was unbearable towards the end of the innings and I promise you all of us were standing as the last over began. We prayed, hoped and prayed again as each ball was bowled. And at the end of there was a collective sigh of relief as we all collapsed around each other congratulating ourselves for a win by the Deccan Chargers !!!!! However there were no major celebrations as we know we have a tough task ahead of us. I for one had to immediately get down to some solid work as team arrangements to Bangalore had to be taken care off. So what took us through. I would put it down to 3 basic factors. First and foremost the love and best wishes from our billion fans. Not once did we feel demotivated. Each smile, handshake and pat on our back just gave us more positivity. Secondly, the solid support of our management. Their backing was invaluable. And thirdly, Lady Luck who seemed a bit upset with us is now returning to the team. So Raise your Hands people. We rise again. We need your support on Wednesday as we take on the Mighty Mumbai Indians. Till then, whistle podu guys.

Russell Radhakrishnan is the player manager of the Chennai Super Kings

ajaybaskar
22nd May 2012, 07:23 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/181330_415041975195775_395217777178195_1246089_470 490355_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/536713_369675913079606_100001116007381_948150_3383 10165_n.jpg

raajarasigan
22nd May 2012, 11:23 AM
first one is too good.. :lol:

Movie Cop
23rd May 2012, 09:57 PM
Makkale,

What do you think? 187 defend panna mudiyumA? :shaking:

hamid
23rd May 2012, 09:58 PM
MC.. we can.. in an eliminator under pressure 187 is a great score...

Movie Cop
23rd May 2012, 10:03 PM
MC.. we can.. in an eliminator under pressure 187 is a great score...

thanks bro! :) Sachin/Rayudu/Pollard anything fossible-ngradhu naala oru bayam irukku. But as you said, 187 in a knock-out game could be too much pressure... let's see...

VinodKumar's
23rd May 2012, 10:03 PM
Wickets only can take us home !!!

Movie Cop
23rd May 2012, 10:05 PM
Wickets only can take us home !!!

:exactly: Hilfenhaus maharasan oru rendu quick wickets edhuthaaruna nalla irrukum...

hamid
23rd May 2012, 10:11 PM
:exactly: Hilfenhaus maharasan oru rendu quick wickets edhuthaaruna nalla irrukum...

Ashwin and Bravo will be among wickets today :D

VinodKumar's
24th May 2012, 12:37 AM
:rotfl:

http://i46.tinypic.com/vwuz2r.jpg

VinodKumar's
24th May 2012, 12:44 AM
Helicopter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY01xK_XNYU

HonestRaj
24th May 2012, 12:47 AM
bravo - pollard .. pack the bags
http://znn.india.com/sports/2012/5/24/bravo-247.jpg

ajaybaskar
24th May 2012, 09:18 AM
In praising MSD, I conveniently forgot the contribution of others. Badri played a gem and showed why he is an integral part of the team. In a team which has threw of the biggest hitters of the game, his approach towards the game has always been questioned. He showed that T20 is not only about power. And more importantly, I liked the smile in his face when he got dismissed. He knew that his job was over and he had set he platform for the people to come.

Hussey brought in all his experience and played the perfect companion to Badri. Post the first timeout, he took on Bhajji along with Badri and from then CSK never looked back. 47/2 at the end of the 9th over and 140 more in the next 11 is something phenomenal.

Albie, though didn't get a chance to have a go at the bowlers, did impress with the ball. If only he is more consistent with the ball!

Bravo has been a different player in his yellow outfit. He had been with another team earlier but I hardly remember a game or two in which he performed for them.

Not that we aren't without concerns to address. Raina has been in the worst of forms and Vijay has not provided the explosive starts that he used to give. Ashwin has also been off colour. Hope they join the party too. Because we don't have much time left.

ajaybaskar
24th May 2012, 10:03 AM
Francois Du Plessis (@faf1307) 24/05/12 1:30 AM

Great performance from csk tonight.great hitting at the end from MS and bravo.good time to be playing our best cricket.#peakattherighttime

albie morkel (@albiemorkel)
24/05/12 12:49 AM

Great all round performance today by CSK. Great recovery after a difficult start! Back to Chennai 2mo! Hoping for 2 more good results!

gurunath meiyappan (@gurunath75)
24/05/12 12:39 AM

CSK's opening game loss to MI & the bashing of Hilfenhaus by Dwanye Smith at Mumbai din't matter. What mattered was today !

Chetan Bhagat (@chetan_bhagat)
23/05/12 11:27 PM

It could make it a little easier to deal with if the Mumbai Indians renamed themselves Reliance Indians or something.

scorpio
24th May 2012, 11:45 AM
Chetan Bhagat (@chetan_bhagat)
23/05/12 11:27 PM

It could make it a little easier to deal with if the Mumbai Indians renamed themselves Reliance Indians or something.

:rotfl: Chetan - Well said :yes:

ajaybaskar
24th May 2012, 01:10 PM
Narayanan Hariharan (@narayananh) 24/05/12 12:29 AM

Playin against CSK is like sitting in front of ur manager during performance appraisal. No matter wat u did in the past u're still screwed.

Retweeted by Siv.S

hamid
24th May 2012, 02:04 PM
Narayanan Hariharan (@narayananh) 24/05/12 12:29 AM

Playin against CSK is like sitting in front of ur manager during performance appraisal. No matter wat u did in the past u're still screwed.

Retweeted by Siv.S

well said :thumbsup:

kid-glove
24th May 2012, 02:06 PM
@Kid_Glove @spfleming7 Coach, why no Faf again? Could have backfired as Huss took 20 balls and hung by skin of his teeth

@SPFleming7 @Kid_Glove he has good teeth!

directhit
24th May 2012, 02:11 PM
:lol: :thumbsup: shud add u back in twitter, am assuming football updates are less now :oops:

hamid
24th May 2012, 02:15 PM
KG, :lol:

scorpio
24th May 2012, 02:15 PM
:lol: at Fleming's response......next match-la Jaddu-va thooka solli konjam prachaaram pannunga :oops:

wizzy
24th May 2012, 03:19 PM
Huss>Faf any day of the week..left handed opener is gold against teams with an army of slow left armers..also never play a Protea in knock-outs..case in point the two IPL teams with Protea support staff have just delivered a masterclass in Choking :mrgreen:

BM
24th May 2012, 09:29 PM
Intha pichakaara naaye pozhaippukku tamil filma nambitu irukku.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2nrd53l.jpg

-------------------------------------------

Adutha vElai sOru nyaabagam vanthathum,

http://i49.tinypic.com/2qt8i2o.jpg

ajaybaskar
24th May 2012, 09:35 PM
Yaaru idhu?

BM
24th May 2012, 09:39 PM
Dong le kazhuthula arrow vittu saagadipaane.

VinodKumar's
24th May 2012, 10:01 PM
Words are coming from my mouthsu :angry2:

leosimha
24th May 2012, 10:42 PM
Yaaru idhu?

seems to be some kannada/telugu actor

http://www.cinegoer.com/telugu-cinema/gallery/exclusive/dhanyabalakrishna/

leosimha
24th May 2012, 10:44 PM
oh she is the one who acted in Kadhalil Sodhapavudhu Eppadi...

leosimha
24th May 2012, 10:55 PM
Intha pichakaara naaye pozhaippukku tamil filma nambitu irukku.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2nrd53l.jpg

-------------------------------------------

Adutha vElai sOru nyaabagam vanthathum,

http://i49.tinypic.com/2qt8i2o.jpg

facebook link?

BM
24th May 2012, 11:06 PM
She has deleted that page/deactivated her account.

http://www.facebook.com/dhanya.balakrishna

VinodKumar's
24th May 2012, 11:20 PM
She has deleted that page/deactivated her account.

http://www.facebook.com/dhanya.balakrishna

:rotfl: namma pasanga poonthu veladirupaanganu nenaikiraen.

selvakumar
24th May 2012, 11:26 PM
:( Not sure how many of our neighbors carry the same impressions about us.

VinodKumar's
24th May 2012, 11:30 PM
// Athuku naama enna panna mudiyum. Avan avanuku buthi venum. //

BM
24th May 2012, 11:40 PM

Exactly. Manasula tamil ppl mela evlo venom iruntha ipdi ellam words varum. Ithunga ellam enna padichi enna pudungichingalo. Namma pasanga avala kazhuvi kazhuvi oothi irukaanga. Ethaavathu film release appo sathyam la maatuva, pachchaiya oru thadava thittuna thaan manasu aarum.

lydayaxobia493
24th May 2012, 11:44 PM
tamilan entha vambukkum poga maattan..vantha vambhai vida maattaan.. :smokesmirk:

HonestRaj
25th May 2012, 12:15 AM

kaicha maram than kalladi padum..

pannendu mani nera current cut irundhappovum pavusa vazhndhom...
neer vaLam, minsara vaLam ella niraiva irundha south 3 state'iyum thookki saptruvom... ippavum naamathan No.1 ngradhu vera visayam..

lydayaxobia493
25th May 2012, 12:19 AM
kaicha maram than kalladi padum..

pannendu mani nera current cut irundhappovum pavusa vazhndhom...
neer vaLam, minsara vaLam ella niraiva irundha south 3 state'iyum thookki saptruvom... ippavum naamathan No.1 ngradhu vera visayam..

No. 1 entha vishayathula ?

SoftSword
25th May 2012, 12:23 AM
ada chae... andha padam paatthu oru patthu nimisam ivala love pannaenradha nenachu vekkappadugiraen... vedhanaipadugiraen...

HonestRaj
25th May 2012, 12:30 AM
No. 1 entha vishayathula ?

podhuva TN'na oru well developed state'nu survey'la ellam solluvanga.. compared to its neighbours

VinodKumar's
25th May 2012, 12:41 AM
ada chae... andha padam paatthu oru patthu nimisam ivala love pannaenradha nenachu vekkappadugiraen... vedhanaipadugiraen...

// Athu vera angil ithu vera angil. Azhagu irukavangalukellam arivu irukumnu yethir paarka koodathu. //

lydayaxobia493
25th May 2012, 12:42 AM
// vinod, agathin azhagu mugathil theriyum..aana intha ponnu ore colligeuuuuuu

VinodKumar's
25th May 2012, 12:44 AM
// Agathin azhagu make up podatha mugathula thaan theriyum.// - Enough digression :ashamed:

scorpio
25th May 2012, 11:31 AM
KSY-la endha role-la indha poNNu nadichudhu?

raajarasigan
25th May 2012, 12:16 PM
andha puNNu apdi enna thAn solchu?

VinodKumar's
25th May 2012, 06:16 PM
KSY-la endha role-la indha poNNu nadichudhu?

Junior gal. Bus la anna anna nu varumae athaan.

scorpio
25th May 2012, 06:25 PM
Thanks Vinod.....adhukke ivLo kozhuppa? :roll:

VinodKumar's
25th May 2012, 06:29 PM
Thanks Vinod.....adhukke ivLo kozhuppa? :roll:

Paaka olliya thaan irukaa aana kozhupu athigagm pola :lol:

RR , TN makkala beggars nu solliruntha FB la.

lydayaxobia493
25th May 2012, 07:15 PM
ellame publikutty thaan vinod.. ava moonjiyum mogaraiyum...
sikkinaaa :hammer:

ajaybaskar
26th May 2012, 08:01 AM
CSK has scored the highest total of the tournament every second season. 240,246 and 222 in 2008,2010 and 2012 respectively. Vijay scored a century in the last two while Hussey scored a century in the first.

The 86 run win is also the largest margin of victory this season. What a moment to achieve it!!

With the win, we have entered our fourth final in five seasons.

Our record in IPL knockout matches stand 7-2 in 9 matches. 2008 final and 2009 S/Fs are the ones we lost.

HonestRaj
26th May 2012, 11:29 AM
Yusuf Pathan played an important role in our defeat in 2008..
in 2012 we are playing finals against a team which has yusuf Pathan & he played well in his last match :shaking:

ajaybaskar
26th May 2012, 12:07 PM
Murali Vijay played an important role in last year's final against RCB. Now KKR are up against a team which has Murali Vijay who performed well in the last match. :)

Idhaiyellam paatha thozhil panna mudiyuma boss? Let the best team win.

ajaybaskar
26th May 2012, 12:28 PM
"Chennai is a very balanced side and they sneaked into the playoff with a mission. They are a tough team balanced in both, in the bowling and batting line up. They have eight batsmen who can rotate the strike well. They struggled through the league system but came good at the business end, which is the sign of champions and that is what they are." - Eric Simons, Coach of Delhi Daredevils.

HonestRaj
26th May 2012, 02:35 PM
Eliminator - 2012
CSK vs MI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ati_Utpu_U&feature=g-all-xit

HonestRaj
26th May 2012, 05:26 PM
IPL-2012 ... Qualifier-II
CSK vs DD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI0F1FVZJrA&feature=relmfu

HonestRaj
26th May 2012, 05:31 PM
Morne Morkel to cheer for Super Kings: Now that Delhi Daredevils are out of the IPL after losing to Chennai Super Kings, Morkel said that he would be supporting the latter in the final against Knight Riders. "One reason for supporting CSK will be Albie [Morne's brother, who plays for Super Kings]," Morkel toldiplt20.com. Also, we lost to KKR in Pune [in the first qualifier], so I am supporting CSK all the way, and I am hoping they lift the trophy."

http://blogs.espncricinfo.com/iplwatcher/archives/2012/05/newsfile_may_26.php

hamid
26th May 2012, 06:57 PM
Of course he supported us in the last match too :wink:

HonestRaj
26th May 2012, 08:56 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/547321_3839645266139_1128257797_3549893_1883826334 _n.jpg

ajaybaskar
27th May 2012, 09:21 AM
Michael Edward Killeen Hussey, celebrates his birthday today, on the day of the IPL final. Wishing him a great day!! :)

V_S
27th May 2012, 09:46 AM
HR, Wonderful picture. Liked it very much! Thank you. Happy birthday to Hussey, Big day today, let's hope for some best cricket! All the very best CSK!

hamid
27th May 2012, 10:10 AM
Hussey B'day anaikku finals-a? sure this is fixing.. :lol:

Have a wonderful B'day Hussey.. What a B'day it would be if CSK wins :boo:

ajaybaskar
27th May 2012, 11:06 AM
Ravi Shastri and Mahela also celebrate their 50th and 35th birthdays respectively.

ajaybaskar
27th May 2012, 12:05 PM
http://naadhas.in/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/576817_374506752606064_290088004381273_1028738_695 338764_n.jpg

ajaybaskar
27th May 2012, 01:32 PM
Only CSK can now beat CSK

By Jaideep Varma and Jatin Thakkar

There is no doubt that the best two teams of IPL 2012 are now in the final. The most interesting thing about this is that KKR have been steadily maintaining their supremacy while CSK have fast-tracked their way through to the same kind of supremacy in the last two matches.

At the end of the league phase, KKR’s Team IMPACT was 1.94 while CSK’s was 1.83 (and they were much closer to the bottom than the top in team standings). But in the three playoff matches (where KKR played one, CSK two), KKR’s Team IMPACT was 2.17 whereas CSK’s has been a massive 2.49. That’s a considerable difference – and something that should disturb KKR. CSK are a side transformed in the playoffs – it is, after all, familiar territory for them. Not just because the matches are now on home turf but because CSK’s great success in the last 3 years has come because of raising their game (often unrecognisably, especially as a team combination) during the knockout phases. This year, they are actually doing this even more comprehensively. With just one more match to go, it is hard to see them falter now.

But KKR still have a lot going for them, as these numbers below reveal. Even after accounting for the big match performances in the playoffs so far, KKR are still slightly ahead of CSK. This should give them heart. But there are some warning signs contained within these numbers.

Despite having a slightly higher Batting IMPACT. KKR’s batting failure rate is 14% higher than CSK’s. This, coupled with KKR’s dependence on Gambhir (19% of KKR’s batting impact in IPL 2012 has come from Gambhir – the highest proportion this year in any team) which is exemplified by the fact that the next highest impact KKR batsman is 57% below Gambhir, does not augur well for them. As it is, KKR is a team of all-rounders and not specialised talent – this has served them well to reach this stage, but against a team like CSK, they could miss the X-factor required to surge ahead – only Gambhir, Narine and on the evidence of the last match, Yusuf Pathan, can really provide that. Kallis is always a steady contributor but not likely to take the match away. Conversely, CSK has at least 6 players who are capable of this – Vijay, Hussey, Raina, Dhoni, Bravo and Morkel. Badrinath played a crucial role in the first eliminator and Ashwin has shown signs of getting his mojo back in the last match.

Bowling is the one definite weakness CSK have, and this is where they could falter – if they do not stay disciplined, as their margin for error is very low. It is arguable though whether KKR have the talent to take full advantage of this weakness, given their lack of specialised talent. Of course, if it is their day, and their all-round talent uncharacteristically (for all-round talent typically) clicks together in one department, then they could take full advantage so they have to look at that as an opportunity. However, CSK’s bowling in the 2 playoff matches has been the most transformed of all their functions, suggesting a mental discipline already in place.

KKR’s bowling impact is spread over the efforts of Narine (2.87, 14 matches), Shakib Al Hasan (2.24, 7) and Balaji (2.23, 8). CSK depend on Hilfenhaus hugely (2.47, 8); however, Ashwin (1.78, 17) and Bravo (1.47, 17) have given good performances in the playoffs.

In this IPL, interestingly, both teams have last-over 5-wicket wins over each other in the league stages. However, KKR have an overall advantage over CSK with it comes to Chasing IMPACT (led by Gambhir and Kallis on this front) while CSK has an advantage over KKR when it comes to Pressure IMPACT (led by Hussey). This perhaps suggests that KKR would be better off chasing, though given how the Chennai pitch slows down and how it has favoured teams batting first over the years, and the fact that this is the biggest match of the IPL with its attendant pressures, perhaps batting first is the percentage option on winning the toss.

In the end, it comes down to big match temperament – and on this, CSK have been tested exhaustively before. There are 9 tournament-defining T20 players in their likely XI, which is as elite as a team gets (and 15 big match players in their squad). Moreover, 6 of these 9 CSK players have already delivered big match performances in the last two matches of the playoffs, which is as turned-on as a side can get for a big occasion.

KKR, conversely, have just 6 such players (which is not insubstantial by any means). They could consider including Brett Lee for Shakib as Lee is a huge big match player in T20 cricket (and Shakib not as emphatic a big occasion player in this format) but that would mean weakening an already slightly iffy batting line-up, so they probably won’t do it. Tournament-definer Manoj Tiwary will probably come back from injury in place of L Shukla – the former is a serious big match player though it was Shukla who performed very well in his place in the first playoff – it’s a ticklish problem for KKR. Whatever KKR does though, it is difficult to see CSK knocked over now. Two of CSK’s 4 highest impact performances in IPL 2012 came in the last 2 matches. They are just about fully revved-up now. If KKR do manage to win, it would be an upset, against the grain, against the laws of sporting momentum.

This doesn’t mean KKR can’t do it; it just suggests that they would need help from CSK to do so. It also means – if both teams play to potential, CSK will win.

For more information, please go to www.impactindexcricket.com

ajaybaskar
28th May 2012, 05:37 AM
KKR are worthy successors: Fleming 05:12:50

Chasing a hat-trick of IPL titles, the Chennai Super Kings faltered at the final hurdle of their unprecedented journey. A champion team, no doubt, but the Super Kings have had their problems this season. Despite all their ups and downs, CSK remain a battle-ready side willing to fight till the very end. Their peerless fighting spirit might have been dented by KKR in the final, but CSK coach Stephen Fleming feels that Gautam Gambhir’s side are worthy successors of the IPL crown. The Kiwi tactician admitted to have been taken by surprise by Manvinder Bisla’s onslaught, and he doffed his hat to KKR’s undying spirit.

Excerpts from a chat with CSK coach Stephen Fleming after his team’s five-wicket loss against KKR in the final of IPL 2012:

You gave it your best today, but couldn’t quite get past the line?

No, [it’s] disappointing. We played pretty well. I thought the batting was excellent. The bowling, under pressure, we weren’t as good as we could have been, and the fielding – five or six runs here or there we could have saved, might have been the difference. But a great final. Kolkata were excellent throughout the year. We stopped and started. But we came into the final and played well. After posting 190, we are very disappointed.

After posting 190, do you think the bowlers could have done better?

It’s a mixture of both. They played very well; [Manvinder] Bisla played well. We started very well with the ball, but his innings got a lot of momentum for their side and we weren’t able to pull it back. [Jacques] Kallis played the second fiddle very well and we were never able to shake them. But even with seven balls to go, we had a chance; there was a turning point there. That’s just the nature of T20 – we’ve been on the right side of it at times, [but] tonight we were on the wrong side.

After getting Gautam Gambhir out, you would have felt you were halfway there.

Yes, it was a big wicket; the one we wanted. We thought he’d probably have to get a lot of runs for them to win, but Bisla stepped up and really played a magnificent innings. And that’s what finals are about – where heroes are born. He’ll be toasted in Kolkata tonight, I’m sure. You missed out on a title hat-trick.

Do you think KKR are worthy winners?

Of course, fine winners. They’ve played well over here. They’ve played an excellent final. We said at half-time, if they get 190 and win it, then fair play to them. No complaints there, and certainly they’ve been a good side. Last couple of years, they’ve bought well, they’ve played well on their pitch – very similar to the style of cricket we play – and they were one team that we identified as going to be tough throughout the year at the start of the season. That’s come true, and hopefully, it starts a pretty good rivalry as we try and get it [the title] back next year.