PDA

View Full Version : "Champion of Champions" Chennai Super Kings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

VinodKumar's
3rd May 2014, 01:21 AM
Keep going guys. Straight away Indian seamers are in trouble in Indian pitches. Hope MSD finds a solution for this. Heard Nehra is unfit. Hope he remains so for whole season. Sorry Nehra.

VinodKumar's
3rd May 2014, 01:22 AM
Unexpectedly Baz has been consistent :)

http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/184700/184717.jpg

ajaybaskar
13th May 2014, 11:16 PM
Where are the fellow CSKians? The team is on a roll but the thread has been silent for quite a while.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

VinodKumar's
13th May 2014, 11:48 PM
Hub-ae appdi thaan irruku ;).

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
2nd June 2014, 10:44 PM
http://images.jagran.com/raina-b-09-05-13.jpg

A Pic of him deserves a post in this forum @ this juncture... I wasn't able to watch the Qualifier 2 match & today just streamed this guy's innings on Utube... My Goodness... Have seen many such innings this season but this one from him is an absolute blinder ! My love for him & the team grows day by day !! Thank You Prince Raina :) & straightaway DP change

Expecting good knocks in the coming b'desi series...

VinodKumar's
3rd June 2014, 03:34 PM
All that thadi maadu experienced senior players (including MSD) shud have won that match for Raina's innings. Sachin 175 maari aagiruchu :(.

ajaybaskar
3rd June 2014, 05:24 PM
The top order, barring Raina helped the downfall.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
29th April 2015, 09:31 PM
One Of The Best Moments in Yesterday's Match Vs KKR :

http://http://www.global-4-lvs-colossus.opera-mini.net/hs24-08-06/70249/1/-1/p.imgci.com/1357109178/212015.jpg

VinodKumar's
30th April 2015, 12:48 PM
Keep going guys. Straight away Indian seamers are in trouble in Indian pitches. Hope MSD finds a solution for this. Heard Nehra is unfit. Hope he remains so for whole season. Sorry Nehra.

Adhu pona varusham. Indha varusham JI udamba nalla paathukonga :).

Where are the fellow CSKians? The team is on a roll but the thread has been silent for quite a while.

Ponavaati oda indha vaati nalla irrukku aana neengalae varalayae ;).

ajaybaskar
30th April 2015, 05:31 PM
Haha.. Vandhaachu..

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
30th April 2015, 11:48 PM
Lost The Match Vs KKR ! Paravala :)
Gud to see Negi and Ronit perform well !!! Especially Negi..... Thanks Ashwin by the way ! Top Order succumbed so fast ! Shud have stayed for another 7 overs and things wud have been different !!! MSD furthur disappoints...... Shud have lapped up that stumping chance ! Never mind..... Way to go ! But RCB mattum ulla vara koodathu kadavule.......

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
3rd May 2015, 12:00 AM
Lost Vs SRH......... Bad Bowling ! Loss on one side but happy to witness us giving stiff competition to one side at the bottom.... Namakku romba venda patta side !!!

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
4th May 2015, 08:00 PM
Yahoo....... You better need nerves before you go head on with the most consistent side of IPL !!! Take a bow MSD !!!!! There's no better inheritance to you other than you yourself.... Well done Boys !!! Well RCB you have World No 1 Batsman and World No 1 Bowler..... Seriously !! Way to go :) We can take a stand out performer from each team of IPL n most of matches but in my view the unit that performs as a team is CSK only.... That kind of fielding from them can be witnessed in only some townside circus shows.... Awesome acrobatics !!!

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
8th May 2015, 11:47 PM
Negi Negi Negi... 1st of all 158 wasn't much of a score and secondly powerplay itself decided the match in favour of MI ! But good work by boys they quickly pulled things back.... Hard fact couldn't digest these fellas hitting the hell out at Chepauk !!! Need to be more consistent.... Getting second thoughts about serious trouble in top 4 ! Though positioned comfortably we Cskians don't want IPL 14 to get repeated !!!

ajaybaskar
8th May 2015, 11:59 PM
Nehra's over brought the MIans back.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
9th May 2015, 01:33 PM
I desperately need us to win over 2 teams in IPL ! One is RCB and second much more important is MI !!! MI vs CSK is like IND vs PAK here n our hostel..... 1st matched we brutally assaulted those bunch of guys but yesterday we were at the receiving end :)

ajaybaskar
9th May 2015, 01:38 PM
There is a good chance that we will meet them soon..

ajithfederer
9th May 2015, 06:56 PM
India being MI right, coz we have Indians in the name. ;)

I desperately need us to win over 2 teams in IPL ! One is RCB and second much more important is MI !!! MI vs CSK is like IND vs PAK here n our hostel..... 1st matched we brutally assaulted those bunch of guys but yesterday we were at the receiving end :)

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
10th May 2015, 12:44 AM
India being MI right, coz we have Indians in the name. ;)

It depends upon who's fan you are :)

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
10th May 2015, 12:45 AM
There is a good chance that we will meet them soon..

Let Us See.... Revenge is Sweetest !

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
11th May 2015, 12:14 AM
Podura Kuthu :) :) :) :) Dj Special http://s.ndtvimg.com/images/content/2015/may/806/dwayne-bravo-1005.jpg

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
11th May 2015, 06:55 PM
Thank You Baz For Everything !!! An attacking opener we relish upon after departure of Hayden.

http://img.cricketcb.com/i/news/fw/310x400/stories/2015/may/10/prv_91494_1431286269.jpg

ajithfederer
12th May 2015, 12:08 PM
MI is not going to qualify. They've lost too many matches for comfort.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
14th May 2015, 08:47 AM
Anything is possible Ji !!

VinodKumar's
14th May 2015, 10:16 AM
To be frank I don't like to see MI in play-off but if they qualify I want them to play against CSK.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
16th May 2015, 09:30 AM
To be frank I don't like to see MI in play-off but if they qualify I want them to play against CSK.

We have to lose today if this has to happen !

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
19th May 2015, 11:39 PM
:cry:

VinodKumar's
20th May 2015, 12:04 PM
ha ha ...we are going to have more hard times until our thala stick to same XI ;).

Ravindra Jadeja :

10 innings 121 runs 102 strike rate

13 innings 11 wickets 22 strike rate

He even batted in the up for few innings. If not Baz,Nehra, Bravo and Faf (fielding) we would have been out of the tournament by now.

ajaybaskar
20th May 2015, 12:11 PM
Jadeja is certainly a problem. But there are few more concerns too..

Raina and Dhoni's form - Both have been instrumental in CSK winning many knockout matches in the past. But this time they are very much out of touch

Absence of a genuine wicket taker - CSK is always a team with extraordinary batsmen. But there were people like Bollinger, Hilfy who were genuine wicket taking bowlers. But now that we have invested three overseas players in the top four and one as an all rounder, we can't go for a good pacer like Abbott. This is hurting us a lot.

Also, asking Hussey to open the innings at a crucial juncture of the tournament is neither helping him nor the team. Either promote Faf as an opener and bring an overseas fast bowler or gamble sending Negi as an opener and use that overseas player slot. Negi looks to be a reasonably good batsman from whatever i saw. A quickfire 20 is all that is required from him.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
23rd May 2015, 12:00 AM
Huss Master :bow:
Game Changer - 2 Blows of Chahal from Huss !
Of Course - Negi's Six !!! Overall it's been so very inconsistent... That is what worries me alot ! As of now good sleep for tonight !!! Team nalla formla irukkura maadhiriye therla... Fingers crossed for the finals !

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
23rd May 2015, 12:02 AM
Ur Right Ajay ! Faf picks the right gaps and have seen him this season picking good spots... Negi is a gamble but his bowling is what worries me alot ! Nehraji did well today... We need early strikes amd whenever we've did that we've been in commanding position :)

ajaybaskar
23rd May 2015, 06:05 PM
Good to see Hussey finding some form. Eden is a ground were the batsman will have to play their shots in the first 10 overs and then look out for 2s, 3s and occasional boundaries. So someone at the top should be aggressive tomorrow.

Ashwin and Negi will have important roles to play.

Russellbba
23rd May 2015, 06:49 PM
If Negi improves on rotating strike plus his already big clean hitting.. Definitely he can replace Jadeja in India's limited overs team.
Would have been great if irfan would have got an opportunity this season.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
24th May 2015, 02:25 AM
Atleast some experimentation ! Irfan Pathana next Aparajith aakama irundha sari :) Many times Irfan has failed to deliver in IPL in other seasons... Maybe that's the reason !!! Reverse swing mannan, Hat trick nayagan Irfana ipdi aagitaaru nambave mudila :( :( :( It's so surprising to see young talents perish so early in their careers... I'm not saying abt Irfan's role n IPL but overall ! I seriously expected Irfan, Zak, Balajee, Nehra to comeback strongly to the side but alas luks like things r very dull at the moment !

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
24th May 2015, 11:28 PM
Time to End !!! Distraught !!!

ajaybaskar
25th May 2015, 03:03 PM
We needed a batsman who was capable of rotating the strike and being an aggressor at the same time. hussey, Raina and faf are capable of that but the first one didn't have match practice and the later was injured. Raina was in no form whatsoever and hurt as badly

In spite of being a hardcore MS fan, I am pissed of at his reluctance to change the team. MI made crucial changes at the right time and also provided opportunities to newbies like Suchith and Pandya and how well they've capitalized. We struck with Mohit and Jadeja and relied on Smith, who is a very limited batsman. Intelligent bowlers can easily contain him. And that 50 yesterday was the most ugliest I've seen in a while. He could've instead made a quick fire 20 an that would've helped.

At the end of the match, I was left wondering why RCB didn't beat us in the qualifier 2 and had faced MI in the final. They would've at least given a fight.

We we're extremely lucky to end the tourney with a Runners Up tag. It doesn't speak high of our team but the incompetence of the other 6 teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
25th May 2015, 03:52 PM
It's really frustating to see our team perform like this during Playoffs..... Same like why we won Semis against SA to get butchered against SL ! We had never got the right combination of batting lineup this year ! Hitters don't win matches.... It' time to experiment with some quality players ! The kind of throws Ashwin & Mohit made.... Paakave mudila.... Worst bowling too... Ethana full length deliveries !

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
25th May 2015, 03:55 PM
I read n Cricbuzz yesterday that Eden pitch was made more bouncy.... Ennavo ponga ! Ishwar shud have come in....

ajithfederer
27th May 2015, 10:24 PM
Oh Yes it is ;).

VinodKumar's
28th May 2015, 10:53 AM
Oh Yes it is ;).

Vazhkai oru vattam :poke:.

Dilbert
14th July 2015, 08:41 PM
http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/ipl-betting-scandal-chennai-super-kings-rajasthan-royals-suspended-for-2-years/375012?vod-mostpopular

Full Chicken Biryani mama for you !!! I love you da !! Just 2 years ya ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfygYFEM7UI ---> I am proud Indian today of our Justice system... Hats off SC :notworthy:

Dilbert
14th July 2015, 09:05 PM
- Deleted with love for my CSK darlings here !! my heart felt condolences during this difficult times.

Dilbert
14th July 2015, 09:16 PM
Options for Players.. in these 2 teams..

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/what-happens-to-chennai-super-kings-rajasthan-royals-players-after-suspension/375018?relatedviaplayer

Dilbert
17th July 2015, 08:49 AM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/story/899293.html

Wow ..... CSK fans please reach out to your gods from stopping this from happening !! total termination interesting.. Seenu mama left with any other tricks to save 5 lakh benami investment !!

Daaba Dance Maachi ...

Dilbert
18th July 2015, 08:32 PM
Great Discussion on NDTV.. was Dhoni free from 9 to 5 to have a job in India Cements ?? Shame on so called fans who can't disown elements which has brought nothing but shame to this country's cricket !

Dilbert
18th July 2015, 08:37 PM
lol !! in 1990s Content was the King and now its Packaging is GOD :notworthy:

Dilbert
19th July 2015, 07:49 PM
http://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/news/245681-chennai-super-kings-suspension-shocking-players-must-get-fair-deal-stephen-fleming?utm_source=taboola

Chennai Super Kings coach Stephen Fleming has said the two-year suspension slapped on the former IPL champions by a Supreme Court-appointed panel was shocking and harsh. The former New Zealand Test captain, who has been the face of the MS Dhoni-led team, said the suspension left him and the players in no-man's land.
The 42-year-old Fleming has been quoted in Stuff.co.nz,
saying: "Those verdicts handed down were the result of about 18 months' worth of court work and lawyer work, no-one really had any idea and I think that's why there is shock around the severity of the punishment because I don't think the franchises were preparing themselves to be suspended. Fines were the major things they were talking about."
The IPL governing council will meet in Mumbai on Sunday to discuss the RM Lodha verdict that is binding on the BCCI. IPL chairman Rajeev Shukla has said the interest of the players and Board will be "paramount." Fleming expects the same treatment.
"There is so much to happen over the next few days, weeks, maybe even months. I don't know how the franchise will respond and what options they will have to respond with.
"If the franchise waits out two years, does it include me or not. I don't know. Just like the players, I am in limbo," Fleming said, adding: "The players are basically on year to year contracts and they can choose whether to accept a new contract or not."
"It is my understanding, if Chennai wanted to keep them, they would have the choice of being retained or going back in the auction. You would imagine if the franchise wasn't playing for two years the players would opt to go back into the auction. The players will be fine. They will be well looked after," Fleming said.
A shrewd tactician of the game during his prime and one of the best Test skippers, Fleming is disappointed at the turn of events.
"From the auction, to shaping a team with Steve Rixon and Andy Bichel, we have put a lot of time into making sure this franchise is successful, so to be on the backburner for two years or to see it go completely is disappointing," he said.
Fleming is shocked that the man who virtually ran the team - Gurunath Meiyappan - turned out to be the villain of the piece.
"I got to know him over the years. This happened two-three years ago and when it all came out, it was a shock." Gurunath, the son-in-law of ex-BCCI president N. Srinivasan, has been banned for life from cricketing activities by the Lodha panel.
Fleming remains loyal to Chennai Super Kings but in the event of the BCCI upholding the Lodha committee suspension, the super-coach will not be out of work. He has taken over Melbourne Stars for the 2015-16 edition of the Big Bash.

Is this THE BEGINNING OF THE END ---? Conclusion in 6 weeks ..... BCCI and Srini is still playing with fire by procrastinating the implementation..... they are still ducking the question why the hell they are not implementing 11.3 and close the shop !!

Why is Kochi so different from Seannai ma?

Dilbert
19th July 2015, 11:46 PM
http://www.ibnlive.com/cricketnext/news/ipl-gc-forms-working-group-to-study-scappointed-panel-verdict-submit-report-in-6-weeks-548499-78.html

Dilbert
20th July 2015, 06:51 PM
Another useless attempt by BCCI to cover up their Shit !!! They have made Country's pride a joke -- let us see what this drama will Yield. People who never spoke a word in 1990s is midst of biggest match fixing scandal is now part of a WG...

http://www.ibnlive.com/cricketnext/news/sourav-ganguly-among-bcci-working-group-to-study-lodha-verdict-on-ipl-548530-78.html

The BCCI on Monday named former India captain Sourav Ganguly among the four-member Working Group formed to study the verdict of Justice RM Lodha committee, which has led to two-year suspension of Indian Premier League (IPL) franchises Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals.
Ganguly, who is also a member of BCCI's Cricket Advisory Committee along with Sachin Tendulkar and VVS Laxman, will be part of the Group that also includes IPL chairman Rajeev Shukla, board secretary Anurag Thakur and treasurer Anirudh Chaudhary.
ALSO SEE Save Indian cricket first
The decision to form the Working Group was taken at the IPL Governing Council (GC) meeting in Mumbai on Sunday. It will submit its report to the GC in six weeks.
"In accordance with the decision of the IPL Governing Council to implement the Lodha committee report, the following members will constitute the Working group, which will prepare the road map for the forthcoming edition of the IPL and related matters," Thakur said via a press released on Monday.
ALSO SEE Report to be submitted in 6 weeks
"The committee will be assisted by the legal advisor of BCCI, Mr. UN Banerjee. The committee will share their recommendations with the Governing Council within a time frame of 6 weeks after consulting all the key stakeholders," the release further read.
On Sunday, after the IPL GC meeting, Thakur had said that the BCCI respects the verdict and will do everything to implement it.
ALSO SEE 'Would have dealt with fixing'
"BCCI respects the verdict of the Lodha Commission and will abide by their decisions, in toto," the BCCI secretary had said in an official statement at the end of GC meeting.
"The members recognised that there is an urgent need to understand the impact of this decision and the wider ramifications for BCCI in detail, so as to uphold the paramountcy of the game in our country," he added.
ALSO SEE BCCI will decide what to do
The Supreme Court-appointed Lodha committee, besides suspending CSK and RR, has also slapped a life ban on former Team Principal of the Chennai franchise Gurunath Meiyappan and Rajasthan co-owner Raj Kundra from any involvement in cricket activities.

Dilbert
20th July 2015, 07:01 PM
How much more insulting this can get ? Shame on Fans who have still not come out hard on these elements throw there demi-gods and kick them for bring this dark era in to Indian cricket.

http://www.ibnlive.com/cricketnext/news/dear-bcci-think-about-saving-indian-cricket-not-ipl-and-sundar-raman-548510-78.html

Nothing extraordinary was expected out of the IPL Governing Council meeting, and it's really not extraordinary that BCCI is forming another committee, or a Group. But where the board erred on Monday, it erred heavily, putting a serious question mark over its seriousness in cleaning Indian cricket.
Among those attending the high-profile, widely followed meeting was a man called Sundar Raman. More important than his credentials of IPL's Chief Operating Officer (COO) is the fact that he has been investigated for his involvement in betting.
ALSO SEE IPL GC forms Working Group
To allow such a man be part of a group deciding the way forward for Indian cricket is not just ridiculous, it's shocking, absurd and embarrassing for the board, its administrators and Indian cricket on the whole.
There is a huge conflict of interest here and what's even more disturbing is the board staying silent on Raman despite knowing the damning observations about him by various investigative committees appointed by the Supreme Court since 2013.
ALSO SEE 'Verdict not a black spot'
The Justice Mukul Mudgal committee had said in its report that Raman contacted a bookie link eight times in a single season, which was followed by even the Lodha Committee saying that there is an urgent need to investigate Raman's role in the betting scandal.
How can a man with serious allegations against him be allowed to attend such an important meeting? The BCCI has let itself down by doing so.
ALSO SEE BCCI took no action: Manohar
As a result, a meeting that should have come out with something concrete resembles another eyewash, with no mention at all of the suspended franchises - Chennai and Rajasthan - and what the board thinks is in the best interest of the game. To say that a 'Working Group' will decide that in another six weeks appears nothing but a time-buying tactic that the BCCI is so accustomed to.
If the IPL Constitution states that involvement of a team official in corrupt practices calls for straight termination of the franchise, why the board is hesitant in doing so. Why not just go by the book and scrap CSK and RR!
ALSO SEE Dravid on IPL Verdict
Instead, the board chose to make a nauseating comment like "to protect the interests of all the stakeholders involved." Now what stakeholders are we talking about here. Gurunath Meiyappan and Raj Kundra have been banned. That leaves the fate of CSK and RR to be decided by the board. So is the IPL Chairman Rajeev Shukla trying to say that the board is searching ways to save the two franchises?
What's sorry amid all this is that the board's sole focus at the moment seems how to conduct the next IPL with eight teams, conveniently overlooking that saving the game's image in the country tops the priority list.
"The [working] group will discuss how the league can be presented in a better way to the public. IPL 9 is going to be better than the previous editions," Shukla said.
That clearly shows the board is looking right while all the mess lies at its left.

Dilbert
22nd July 2015, 06:16 PM
http://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/videos/ipl-not-dragging-its-feet-on-chennai-rajasthan-suspension-rajeev-shukla-375759

IPL Not Dragging its Feet on Chennai, Rajasthan Suspension: Rajeev Shukla - (We are just dragging our lazy,corrupt asses and it takes time)

ajithfederer
2nd August 2015, 11:57 AM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/blogs/content/story/905675.html

Dilbert
6th August 2015, 09:37 AM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/blogs/content/story/905675.html

This how we erode india's justice system, if buch of yellow beanbags can decide the faith of a case.. why have multi year enquiry commission under SC I say..? !
They could have severed curd rice and pickle and closed the case... the day they were caught red handed. #sanguoothu

ajithfederer
18th August 2015, 01:09 PM
Are you still flogging this dead horse dilbu?. Give it a rest, i say. :)

And BTW, it is stupid of you/anyone to expect any justice. Just saying.

Dilbert
26th August 2015, 07:01 PM
Are you still flogging this dead horse dilbu?. Give it a rest, i say. :)

And BTW, it is stupid of you/anyone to expect any justice. Just saying.

That dead horse needs to be made in to nice minced meat. Someone got to do the dirty job , I am only happy to help. You are an idiot think they will get away with this by giving srini mama's curd rice & pickle .

Slate is wiped clean as we speak.. people have erased every inch of fake fame they built over the years and its not over yet next target getting BCCI under govt control.

ajithfederer
28th August 2015, 03:32 PM
Dilbu, srini mama did get away with it. Both the parent companies are banned only for 2 years. If there was any justice, they should have been banned for life which is why i said expecting justice is stupid. Those buggers will be back. I have no doubts about that.

Bonus: If you ban India cements for 2 years, what does that make of N srini who is the owner of IC. He is still the TNCA President & the ICC Chairman as we speak. Why didn't the court say anything about that?. And I don't think he is going anywhere. He will soon be back into BCCI circles soon.

Plus, the whopper of all. The court didn't release the list of 13 players who were involved in fixing named by the Mudgal probe committee. This is the biggest screw up of all. Where is the justice here, i say???

Prove me wrong, i will be glad to accept. We will see who is the idiot then!. Waste of time to discuss these things, imo :wave:

ajithfederer
29th August 2015, 09:17 AM
Last post on this issue: Look what this asshole did yesterday..

N Srinivasan's presence forces BCCI to adjourn working committee meeting
Read more at http://www.sportskeeda.com/cricket/bcci-working-committee-adjourned-n-srinivasan-presence#MM87PKVv3Fevebsm.99

The BCCI working committee meeting was adjourned just minuted after it started on Friday evening due to the presence of former board president, N Srinivasan, ESPNCricinfo reports. The 70-year-old’s maintained he was entitled to attend the meeting in his capacity as TNCA president, but following stiff opposition from the members who cited ‘legal implications’, the meeting was called off.

The board was set to address the future of Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals, the two IPL teams that were handed suspensions by the Lodha Committee, based on the recommendations of the working committee that was set up after the verdict came out.

The supreme court had strongly criticised the country’s governing body for allowing Srinivasan to chair the previous working committee meeting held in February and this time out, the BCCI was not taking any chances. The adjournment, however, meant a number of important decisions, including sorting out the future of IPL, were still pending with no further meetings scheduled before the Annual General Meeting on September 27.

Despite repeated requests from the board members and objections from Aditya Patel, the petitioner in the IPL spot-fixing case, Srinivasan made his way to Kolkata where the meeting was being held. The BCCI tried yet again to convince Srinivasan to stay out of the meeting stating that the conflict of interest issues with his previous connections to the CSK franchise and the resulting restrictions imposed by the Supreme Court, but yet again he refused to stand down.

IPL chairman Rajiv Shukla, BCCI legal advisor Ushanath Banerjee, and treasurer Anirudh Chaudhry then held a meeting with Srinivasan in a final effort to convince the current ICC Chairman, and it was agreed that Srinivasan could attend the meeting “at your own risk.”

However, once the meeting started the members staged strong protests against Srinivasan and the BCCI decided to adjourn the meeting citing lack of legal clarity.

Read more at http://www.sportskeeda.com/cricket/bcci-working-committee-adjourned-n-srinivasan-presence#MM87PKVv3Fevebsm.99

ajithfederer
24th September 2015, 03:18 PM
Dilbu, what did i tell u? :)

N. Srinivasan The Kingmaker After Jagmohan Dalmiya's Death

Have we seen the latest N. Srinivasan masterstroke in Indian cricket? The signs are all there. After it became clear that Sharad Pawar and Rajeev Shukla could well be the front-runners for the post of BCCI president, the East Zone, whose turn it is to propose the candidate chose to pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Sharad Pawar and Rajeev Shukla are the two big names who are in the race for the post of the president of the Board of Control for Cricket in India. But now there's a twist in the tale. The six associations of the East Zone, whose turn it is to propose a candidate till 2017, don't want to propose anyone from outside the zone. Their pick is Amitabh Choudhary from Jharkhand, the current joint secretary of the BCCI.

Amitabh Choudhary is the president of the Jharkhand Cricket Association, a former IPS officer and also a member of BJP's Jharkhand unit. Choudhary meets the basic criteria to be the next BCCI President, having attended two annual general meetings as the Jharkhand Cricket boss. (BCCI May Appoint Interim President)

What this means is that if the other zones want someone else as president, like Rajeev Shukla or Sharad Pawar, they will have to try to get the support of at least three East Zone units. One to propose, and two to second their candidate. And that will not be easy. (Jagmohan Dalmiya Dies | Friends and Foes Pay Tribute)

The man who could well hold all the cards in this scenario is N. Srinivasan. According to sources, the former BCCI chief enjoys the support of most of the East Zone members. In fact he controls nine of the total 29 BCCI votes. (Watch: What's Next for BCCI?)

As things stand right now, it's Srinivasan vs Pawar. And Srinivasan could stop Pawar from getting the requisite support from the East Zone. The Tamil Nadu strongman could well make a backdoor entry once again barely 17 months after he vacated the post of president. Though, the top politicans are testing the waters, sources have told NDTV that Arun Jaitley will have a major say in who becomes the next president of the Indian cricket Board.

The selection of the next BCCI president though will have to wait for now, since the Supreme Court has to first decide whether Srinivasan's conflict of interest still exists. (In Jagmohan Dalmiya's Backyard, a Bitter Power Struggle is Looming)

http://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/news/248953-n-srinivasan-the-kingmaker-after-jagmohan-dalmiya-s-death

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
2nd October 2015, 09:03 PM
Enna Oru Aanandham Anaivarukkum :) :) :)