PDA

View Full Version : STRINGS

raghavendran
25th October 2010, 07:17 PM
[tscii:3c99af685f]CHAPTER 0
6 PM
TGIF pub always gives you a feeling of traveling in a ship. The blue dim lights and the oval structure of the hall, those spooky paintings give a retro look to it. No wonder this place has been my Vatican for a yr now. This is where my music is unleashed. But the place is dull now...it will come alive when the show starts. Only 5-6 people are there in the pub, i was imagining the same place after an hour. The strings of the guitar are loosening up. It needs to b ready for the show today. Just an hour to go.
"dei Ronnie, u haven’t done any rehearsals..."-- i am hearing these words from the guys who are part of my new band. Is it so hard to understand that music is instinct based? shew!!
The Manager of the pub is giving me weird looks. He needs me to get outta here always and bring in his concubine’s nephew. I went into changing room to have a piss, i heard a couple of voices, that of my female vocalist and keyboard programmer.
boy: ”come on we just cant do this...lets get married first. Let’s talk to our friends and arrange the marriage”
girl: ”i thought you were MAN enough to have me. Are you?”
boy: ”ADI PAAVI” and there were small gruff noises that followed which was indicative of their sexual activity. These lines started echoing in my ears. i m lost, the things that i am trying to forget are haunting me again. I loosened and removed the strings from my guitar

CHAPTER -1
I held Priya’s hand and kissed her, i was so thrilled to be with her. It took me six months and endless wooing to bring her here. Here is where, I sleep – my bedroom. I was revisiting what all we went through in montages (typical thamizh cinema style). Our love was so beautiful. When you come across a girl like Priya, It’s very difficult to get your eyes off her. She was our lead vocals in the band and working part time as software engineer in Hewlett-Packard. The best part about our relationship was that she proposed to me. All these things happened to me, I felt. This is heaven.
I realised that priya was sprawled across my swanky bed with bare minimal dressings and waiting for my action. My pulse rate increased, my heart started beating faster, my blood was flowing in one direction – but, but I couldn’t just do it. I was on verge of busting up my dream date due to my inability. I’ve felt this problem before but never expected it to be a death blow to me. She waited for a while, patiently, asking me to relax but in 10 minutes, I knew something was wrong. She knew it too. She started dressing up with her head down and started a slow walk towards doorway. I didn’t know what was waiting for me, immediately got up and went to her. She was no more excited in seeing me.

A week later, sitting on sands of Elliot’s beach,
I told "i know marriage is a big decision...i feel you have made the right move, just relax for a couple of minutes", took her near the sea and made her feel comfortable. I didn’t talk further, was waiting for her to speak. Though my heartbeat was running like a shatabdi express.
Priya opened up "why didn’t u tell me?" i was puzzled and asked "what?"
Priya "Your inability to be a man"
These words broke me into half, the thing i have been trying to forget. I still don’t know if anything was wrong with me or really? Im still awaiting medical results and scared to receive them but my own priya told this? I then realised i had to give an answer to her "I didn’t know it before and i thought it wasnt a big thing in this context"
Priya:" Not a big thing? Will you marry a lady who cannot have sex in her whole life? What the f, you are a cheat and you want me to marry u? What for? OMG, forget it, this aint happening. I’m done with u.”
I was a silent listener. I couldn’t beg her. It dealt with my ego. As Priya walked away from me and my life, i regretted why i didn’t fix this problem before. Life in orphanage and survival of the fittest contest didn’t give time for this at all. I’m sure doc will say "It’s too late now". I didn’t go for rehearsals neither did she. The band got disbanded in a month. 2 hell of months passed, i slept seldom in these 2 months and to be awaked by bouts of breathlessness and nightmares. The humiliation was too big for me. Yes i loved her, but i love myself more than anyone else. This is the lesson i have learnt from the way i grew up. My frustration grew bitter. I then heard she had left for Bangalore and got a new job, through one of our ex-band members. I had severe headaches with my chemical levels not being in level and I struggled with my drinking problem all alone.

The next day, when i woke up, I was in Bangalore, boozed up. I didn’t know how I reached there. My life has been ruined but i have made up my mind. She is going to be no more. I had a gut feeling that she will visit the ISKCON temple which she loves, waited there in that temple. She came after 6 hours and I walked up to her.
When she opened her eyes later, she realized that she was in a underground little room near a church (which only i knew it existed),fully tied up.
I "it is judgement day”. She had a terrified look on her face. It was all over with a blow. I laughed; i said at her dead body "now you don’t have the ability to be a woman, do you? You neither have your body parts in place too” as I sat down castrating her. I opened the bag.

CHAPER O (AGAIN)
Why is this happening to me? What will happen to me? WHY AM I A COP?
As I drove my Tata Sumo, I could hear “these days’ wrong people are in wrong jobs, it is most certain in esteemed government jobs”. I heard this from an old man , holding a newspaper in his hand in the adjacent car. Were these lines said for me?
A week before
THE COMMISSIONER TO ME”Dileepan, you are unfit and a misfit in this special task force. You have missed to gun down a naxal whom chandra had covered and disarmed, still u missed him? The govt is yelling at me. They want action taken against you, Just now went through your records, nothing is terrific, you haven’t done anything good for the department. Guys like you come to this job through reservations and quota and do nothing her. GOD SAVE THIS COUNTRY. Its time you are axed and you will be when the right time comes. Now, get out”.
I was dejected, humiliated, felt like dying. I went straight to DC's house (my mentor) and explained what had happened.
I said”i don't have the confidence that I will continue, I m counting my days”.
DC ”Yeah i also heard from the commissioner just now that he wants you out” thinking ”well there is a case, I will make you charge of it. You pull this off, you will survive”
ME: ”But I don't think I can do it better”
DC told me sternly, “Dileepan, you are not given a choice here”. I knew I had to listen, once he gets into that tone of speech. He gave me details about the case. It was the case of a missing girl called “PRIYA”.
A month had passed since it was assigned to me, I jotted down my observations
1.) Priya had misunderstanding with her boy friend Ronnie (also, I knew the reason for the split) and left to Bangalore to work there.
2.) Both she and Ronnie had lost contact with each other and with their band members..
3.) She went missing for last 3 months; however the exact time period around priya went missing is unknown and Ronnie is missing.
The deadline was nearing, i had a gut feeling that priya would have been killed by Ronnie(I don't have evidence for it). I wanted to get rid of this case, so my mission to hunt Ronnie began.

CHAPTER 00
Dileepan received a wireless message in his jeep - Twin murder at a Adayar Pub. A girl and a boy found dead with their throats slit with a guitar wire. Guitar wire, a guitar wire, thought aloud, Dileepan. He lost concentration on driving, a bike speeded up and hit Dileepan’s jeep bonnet. Dileepan looked at his mobile and checks Ronnie's pic and then suddenly realizes the guys who drove the bike was Ronnie. He knew that Ronnie wouldn’t know him
Dileepan calls out “dei, inga vaada” Ronnie comes near Dileepan” sorry officer, I didn’t notice your jeep”
DILEEPAN:”are you RONNIE?”
RONNIE: “YES” and knew something was wrong the way Dileepan was giving him enquiring looks. Ronnie began to panic and acted like a pysco trapped. He tries to hit Dileepan with his guitar., Dileepan picks the gun on time and shoots Ronnie on his forehead
COMMISSIONER OFFICE
COMMISSIONER TO DILEEPAN:”you are lucky to be still here. I would have preferred if you had caught the triple murderer alive but you did save a few lives, given he was on a dangerous spree. You get to stay back in the department.”
Dileepan comes out of the office feeling saved, with a big smile on his face. Deep inside he knew how he has scrapped through. Destiny has its say once again.
[/tscii:3c99af685f]

raghavendran
25th October 2010, 07:18 PM
spl thnx to MADDY for helping me on this :)

sathya_1979
25th October 2010, 07:27 PM
Good Debut Raghav! Keep it up!

sathya_1979
25th October 2010, 07:27 PM
BTW, why Maddy writes and gives ideas abt love splits often? :lol:

ajaybaskar
25th October 2010, 07:30 PM
Thambi,

Battlefieldla orey aala ninnu 10 pera samalichiyeppa, eppo vandhu indha velaiya paatha?

sathya_1979
25th October 2010, 07:31 PM
Thambi,

Battlefieldla orey aala ninnu 10 pera samalichiyeppa, eppo vandhu indha velaiya paatha?
idhu CR-42 senja vElai :lol:

raghavendran
25th October 2010, 07:46 PM
Thambi,

Battlefieldla orey aala ninnu 10 pera samalichiyeppa, eppo vandhu indha velaiya paatha? :lol: idhu rembe naala ezhudhi vechirndhe kadhai...maddy dhan padichitu inge post pannunu sonnaru...apdi sile english correctionanum kudutharu :)

raghavendran
25th October 2010, 07:47 PM
BTW, why Maddy writes and gives ideas abt love splits often? :lol: :lol: ..idhu completa yen ideadhan..may b avarale insprie ayirkalam :wink:

raghavendran
25th October 2010, 07:48 PM
ajay :ty:
sathya :ty:

MADDY
25th October 2010, 07:59 PM

ada paavigala - it cant be my story :lol:

raghavendran
25th October 2010, 08:00 PM

ada paavigala - it cant be my story :lol: :noteeth:

TamilMoon
25th October 2010, 08:02 PM
nalla ezhudhi irukkeenga... :D

raghavendran
25th October 2010, 08:17 PM
nalla ezhudhi irukkeenga... :D :ty:

pavalamani pragasam
25th October 2010, 09:11 PM
Congrats, Raghavendran! Interesting style!

Ramakrishna
25th October 2010, 11:46 PM
Good one raghav

Querida
26th October 2010, 04:11 AM
Very intriguing story Raghavendran :)

-The deterioration of Ronnie is very well detailed, showing us how he is losing control rather than telling us :thumbsup:

Chapter O (Again) seemed to flow very well:
The Commissioner addressing Dileepan...it's to the point and yet gives us detail and depth.

Will we be hearing from Dileepan again?

MADDY
26th October 2010, 04:11 PM
cool story - the plot was good......the way u have shed all the flabs like "how" it was done - is a commendable job.........u were relentless on dileepan and didnt succumb to any providing heroics for him - good :D .......

raghavendran
26th October 2010, 06:19 PM
pavalamani pragasam :ty:
ram :ty:
MADDY :ty:

raghavendran
26th October 2010, 06:21 PM
Very intriguing story Raghavendran :)

-The deterioration of Ronnie is very well detailed, showing us how he is losing control rather than telling us :thumbsup:

Chapter O (Again) seemed to flow very well:
The Commissioner addressing Dileepan...it's to the point and yet gives us detail and depth.

Will we be hearing from Dileepan again? :ty:
not thought abt it yet..just wanted to show how destiny brings 2 diff people face to face.their meeting ends bad for 1,gud for another..thnx a lot for ur comments..will help me write more :D

Riyazz
27th October 2010, 10:53 AM
good attempt :thumbsup:

AudazJay
27th October 2010, 11:36 AM
That's a really wonderful and captivating story Raghavendran. Keep it up! :thumbsup:

Twin murder at a Adayar Pub. A girl and a boy found dead with their throats slit with a guitar wire. Guitar wire, a guitar wire, thought aloud, Dileepan.

I was wondering what was the connection between this murder with the rest of the story. It was then I realized that the couple were none other than the ones making out in Chapter O. It's interesting to note how you've made the connection by the one line of yours- "I loosened and removed the strings from my guitar". Amazing writing you have there, man! Keep them coming! :clap:

raghavendran
27th October 2010, 07:16 PM
good attempt :thumbsup:thnx man :D

raghavendran
27th October 2010, 07:17 PM
That's a really wonderful and captivating story Raghavendran. Keep it up! :thumbsup:

Twin murder at a Adayar Pub. A girl and a boy found dead with their throats slit with a guitar wire. Guitar wire, a guitar wire, thought aloud, Dileepan.

I was wondering what was the connection between this murder with the rest of the story. It was then I realized that the couple were none other than the ones making out in Chapter O. It's interesting to note how you've made the connection by the one line of yours- "I loosened and removed the strings from my guitar". Amazing writing you have there, man! Keep them coming! :clap: :ty: ..

printhan
27th October 2010, 08:05 PM
Very good Ragav.. nalla ezhuthi irukingal... i found its quite interesting.. plzz thodarnthu ezhuthungal.... the best part I liked in your story was the action of the charecter rathar than the words... :thumbsup:

raghavendran
30th October 2010, 10:46 AM
Very good Ragav.. nalla ezhuthi irukingal... i found its quite interesting.. plzz thodarnthu ezhuthungal.... the best part I liked in your story was the action of the charecter rathar than the words... :thumbsup:printhan..thank you so much :D