PDA

View Full Version : Women's reluctance for nosestuds

Shekhar
5th November 2010, 03:22 PM
[tscii:f7266969c4]Nose is the most distinct feature of a woman’s face. A nose stud makes most of the women (especially Indian women) look beautiful and women with shapely noses stunningly attractive. Still why do most of the women are so reluctant to wear nose studs? Even those who have pierced their nose have done so on the insistence of either their parents or their in laws. Why is it so few women get their nose pierced voluntarily ?

Incidentally my wife loved to wear nose stud. She would wear different nosestud every day. She had 18 nosestuds (half a dozen of them diamond ones !). Didn't realise how she got them out of me !! :D :D [/tscii:f7266969c4]

NM
5th November 2010, 04:26 PM
I agree - shapely noses are great with nose studs - hence why i don't have one :lol: Didn't know you're interested in noses & nose-studs :roll: :roll: :lol:

rajraj
5th November 2010, 04:31 PM
Didn't know you're interested in noses & nose-studs :roll: :roll: :lol:

Must be nosy ! :lol:

NM
5th November 2010, 04:33 PM
Raj- uncle :lol:

Shekhar is going to come back with a vengence for polluting his thread :lol:

rajraj
5th November 2010, 04:46 PM
[She had 18 nosestuds (half a dozen of them diamond ones !). Didn't realise how she got them out of me !! :D :D

Think again! May be, they looked like diamonds on a diamond ! :)

PARAMASHIVAN
5th November 2010, 05:40 PM
I agree - shapely noses are great with nose studs - hence why i don't have one :lol: Didn't know you're interested in noses & nose-studs :roll: :roll: :lol:

ungaluku Bonda shape mook ah :lol2: :yessir:

Shekhar
5th November 2010, 08:00 PM

Hi, NM, Nice to see you again.

Oh sure, I love nosestuds. Infact, I had casually asked my wife before our marriage to get her nose pierced as she would look great with a nosestud. She had done it the very next day!! (Well, after that I had no other option but to marry her :D :roll:)
It is a pity you dont wear one :o I am sure nosestud would look good on any woman. Only thing is, she should choose the right shape and size.

Wibha
5th November 2010, 08:15 PM
It hurts to get one's nose pierced. I had voluntarily pierced my nose. Had it on for 2 weeks and I couldn't tolerate the pain after that :( It's not worth the try :lol:

Thirumaran
5th November 2010, 08:24 PM
[tscii:3e1282390d]Nose is the most distinct feature of a woman’s face. [/tscii:3e1282390d]

:exactly: Aankalukku prachanai pannaatha ore distinct feature in their face.

PARAMASHIVAN
5th November 2010, 09:30 PM
[tscii:5aa1c1806b]Nose is the most distinct feature of a woman’s face. [/tscii:5aa1c1806b]

shekar cant understand tamil :poke:

Thirumaran
5th November 2010, 09:44 PM
[tscii:67f2934e74]Nose is the most distinct feature of a woman’s face. [/tscii:67f2934e74]

shekar cant understand tamil :poke:

That is for women not Shekar :rotfl2: :poke:

app_engine
5th November 2010, 09:51 PM
There's a song in the Thamizh film "குறத்தி மகன்" which goes like this :

"முட்டையிடும் கோழிக்கல்ல தெரியும், வலி தெரியும்?
இந்த முட்டாப்பய மவனுக்கென்ன தெரியும்?"

(கொறத்தி வாடி என் குப்பி, ஞா, ஞா, ஞா - டி எம் எஸ் / சுசீலா)

tvsankar
5th November 2010, 10:54 PM
Shekar,
Nicely told.. ( I am sure nosestud would look good on any woman. Only thing is, she should choose the right shape and size.)

very true.. otherwise - adhuvae asingama agidum.. faceku.....

NM
6th November 2010, 03:03 AM
Shekhar : Good to see you too, Shekhar!
:lol: your wife must have thought the world of you! you're lucky :) but then you didn't know what you were getting into :lol: to end up with 18 nosestuds..... :roll: :D perhaps i haven't seen one that suits my nose & face. Maybe I'll find one in India - i'll update this thread after my trip:).

rajraj
6th November 2010, 04:40 AM
:D perhaps i haven't seen one that suits my nose & face. Maybe I'll find one in India - i'll update this thread after my trip:).

Here they do a nose job and also a face job! :lol: Pick the nose stud you like and change the face and the nose ! :)

pavalamani pragasam
6th November 2010, 07:36 AM
All women in our families belonging to our previous generations-my mother, aunts, mil and her realtives- wear diamond nose studs. In my generation it became out of fashion. I made such a fuss for the ear piercing ceremony at my grandmother's - a mass event assembling all my cousins-that the hole in one ear is slightly lower and my grandma urged me to have it done again (first letting it to close). I said 'no way'. ( Guns for piercing or local anaesthetics were unheard of then!) And had stood strong in the decision in spite of the irking fact of it looking not as aesthetic as I would desire and also the hole pulled down a bit after continuously bearing the weight of diamonds for about 4 decades. This being the case nose studs never entered my mind. After marriage when I happened to meet different groups of women while going on transfer from place to place all women commented how well nose studs will appear on my attractive nose. But no amount of such flattering/coaxing could get me to pierce my nose- not even diamond nose studs! The main problem is my proneness to respiratory infection- suffering from running nose every now and then. Unlike me my younger sister, a doctor, succumbed to flatteries about her beautiful nose to be enhanced by nose studs and did pierce her nose and wore one single diamond stone for some time. Then decided to remove it after some time finding it a nuisance!!! She is also prone to running nose! She discontinued in spite of threats that sumangalis should not remove nose studs! I am happy I didn't experiment with such beautification! :lol:

NM
6th November 2010, 09:59 AM
Madam PP - thanks for your story :) I always wondered if nose-stud willbe a hindrance for those suffering from sinus/hay fever problems like me! I've been sneezing continuously since morning...ha ha .. another excuse for not having nose stud :)

rajraj
6th November 2010, 10:01 AM
.. another excuse for not having nose stud :)

NM: If you are willing to wear nose studs I will send you a pair of diamond studs ! :lol:

Shekhar
6th November 2010, 11:56 AM
:lol: your wife must have thought the world of you! you're lucky :) but then you didn't know what you were getting into :lol: to end up with 18 nosestuds..... :roll: :D

Hi NM,
I dont know about that. :) At that time we had not talked about marriage, though she was indirectly hinting at it. Once I casually said I will marry her only if she pierces her nose. And there she was the next day wearing a gold bead nose stud. Like a gentleman, I kept my words and we were married in a month.
Now you understand the importance of nosestud in my life !! :lol: She must have understood it too. That's why she loved it so much and collected 18 of them (of course out of MY pocket ! :wink: ) It was good bargain for her, a husband for a nose piercing. She got me very cheap. Don't you think so ?? :shock: :? :) :lol:

Shekhar
6th November 2010, 12:13 PM
I always wondered if nose-stud willbe a hindrance

My wife used to say that nosestud is the most comfortable of all ornaments. She wouldnt even feel that she has stud in her nose.

So all your excuses for not wearing a nosestud are just that "excuses" ! :D :wink:
I think there is someother reason for women to shun nose piercing. But I dont know what. :roll: :roll:

NM
6th November 2010, 05:30 PM
she got me very cheap. Don't you think so ?? :shock: :? :) :lol: ....she was genius .... :lol:

So all your excuses for not wearing a nosestud are just that "excuses" !
I think there is someother reason for women to shun nose piercing. But I dont know what. :

Well, you see, my mom doesn't wear one and neither did her sisters. I have many cousins, none of them wear it. I have seen my grandmas wearing them but somehow didn't like them. So its not that I shun them but its just something that we never thought of as necessary as having the ears pierced. And then, when i did think about it a few years ago, wasn't sure if it would suit or not plus all the other excuses :!: :lol: Maybe in India it is a norm but it wasn's so in Malaysia when I was growing up. But I do see more and more young indian girls in Malaysia wearing them now....

kugan98
6th November 2010, 09:49 PM
Shekhar Wrote:

My wife used to say that nosestud is the most comfortable of all ornaments. She wouldnt even feel that she has stud in her nose.

Very true, another good reason to buy a diamond

Shekhar
7th November 2010, 03:08 PM
It hurts to get one's nose pierced. I had voluntarily pierced my nose. Had it on for 2 weeks and I couldn't tolerate the pain after that :( It's not worth the try :lol:

Hi Wibha,

Is it because of the pain, that women keep away from nose piercing ? I doubt it, because I have seen women having 5-6 piercing in each ear !!
Btw, if the pain did persist for two weeks, I think either it was infected, or the piercing was on a nerve. You should have got it repierced just a fraction of a milimitre aside and it would have been fine. But, tell me while you were wearing nosestud, did you like it?

PARAMASHIVAN
8th November 2010, 03:42 PM
:D perhaps i haven't seen one that suits my nose & face. Maybe I'll find one in India - i'll update this thread after my trip:).

Here they do a nose job and also a face job! :lol: Pick the nose stud you like and change the face and the nose ! :)

:rotfl2:

PARAMASHIVAN
8th November 2010, 03:45 PM
I remember one song in thamizh

' Mookuthi poo melE kaathu utkanthu pEsuthamma ' :lol2:

Roshan
17th November 2010, 05:31 PM

Hi, NM, Nice to see you again.

Oh sure, I love nosestuds. Infact, I had casually asked my wife before our marriage to get her nose pierced as she would look great with a nosestud. She had done it the very next day!! (Well, after that I had no other option but to marry her :D :roll:)
It is a pity you dont wear one :o I am sure nosestud would look good on any woman. Only thing is, she should choose the right shape and size.

Hi Shekhar, nice to see you here after a long time. Hope all is well.

Regarding nose studs, I love them and once I got my nose pierced but like in Wibha's case it hurt me a lot. Even with all that pain I managed to have it on for a couple of months but it got worse day by day and I had to get rid of it eventually. Even now when I see women with nose studs I get the urge of getting my nose pierced again but my earlier experience frightens me.

Besides, I have eternal alergy/sinus problem and with all that pain with the nose pierced I could not manage the itching and running nose. I had pierced my ears twice, but it never hurt me. I didnt feel any pain but nose was very painful and irritating.

Shekhar
24th November 2010, 03:15 PM
Hi Roshan,

How are you ? Am I glad to hear from you !!! :D :D

Sure it is a pity you had to discard your nose stud. I think you should try once again. It is worth it.

Recently I was going through my wife's belongings in her almirah, which was practically left untouched. There were innumerable saris and accessories. My daughter is just 13 and it sure takes a while for her to get to the age to wear saris. And also I dont think she would like to wear saris at all.

So I decided to give away a lot of her items. Otherwise they would simply get spoiled. So except very costly ones, I gave away her clothings to friends and poor people.
It was during this I realised how many nosestuds my wife had !! When I tried to give them to her friends, I noticed hardly a few of them had pierced their nose. Hence this thread.

But nose stud looked great on my wife !!

Shekhar
24th November 2010, 03:29 PM
I was told that my wife's friends will accept gift of sarees but not nosestud because women are not supposed to take a gift of nosestud from anybody except parents and husband.

Isn't it very strange and irrational. Is it a custom in south India only or all over India ?

pavalamani pragasam
24th November 2010, 07:20 PM
My vague remembrance of our family custom when my paternal grandmother died- the earrings were for daughters and nosestuds for daughters-in-law. It is somewhat equivalent to 'thaali' which is also passed down to dil's only!

dev
24th November 2010, 08:18 PM
I can see Lambretta open a new thread titled "Women's reluctance for saree"... :lol:

Shekhar
2nd December 2010, 03:57 PM
Hi,
My sis told me that if I present a nosestud to a lady she is likely to take it as an amorous proposition !! :? Is it true ? :roll:

Well, now that I am single, I shouldn't mind at all !! :wink:
And since there are 18 nosestuds, I can try 18 times, and I may succeed at least with one !!! :wink: :D

Shekhar
10th December 2010, 10:07 AM
Hi,
What happened? No comments?

I wonder how nosestud is associated with romance and marriage? (Well, it was in my case! But how a generality!!?)

rajraj
10th December 2010, 06:08 PM
And since there are 18 nosestuds, I can try 18 times, and I may succeed at least with one !!! :wink: :D

What if you succeeded with more than one? :lol: Remember, different women like different nose studs! :)

dev
10th December 2010, 06:30 PM

What if you succeeded with more than one? :lol: Remember, different women like different nose studs! :)

The more the merrier...:lol:

pavalamani pragasam
10th December 2010, 08:23 PM
A harem! :shock:

rajraj
11th December 2010, 04:05 AM
A harem! :shock:

If Shekhar becomes Sheikh! :lol:

Shekhar
14th December 2010, 09:56 AM
"The more the merrier"?!!! :?

See, I miss my wife and the homely (?!! :? ) atmosphere. But I am enjoying my freedom too. :D

There was a que in the gate of heaven and God was examining each of them belfore letting them in.
One fellow came forward. God asked "what have you done to deserve to come to heaven" He replied "My God. I was married for thirty five years. It seemed like an eternity". God said "Come in. You have suffered enough". He went inside heaven.
The next fellow came forward. God asked him the same question. The man replied "God, I married twice. I have suffered plenty". God said "You idiot. Why did you marry the second time after knowing what marriage is. There is no place for fools in heaven" God's assistants pushed him to hell.

Guys, you want me to go to heaven or hell?

Shekhar
14th December 2010, 10:06 AM
But it is a pity to see all those 18 nosestuds go waste, not adorning beautiful faces ! :o

But please tell me, is it true that if I gift a nosestud, it will be taken as an amorous proposal? I don't mind though!! :P I got a wife because of nosestud. Well I could get another! (If I dont mind going to hell :lol: :lol: )

sudha india
17th December 2010, 11:47 AM
A thread for nosestud !!!

I like to wear nosestud and I have one. I got my first nosestud when I was in my 10th standard. One mami next door had the needle (they call it mullu) in gold and she fixed it one side on the stud and pierced. (They said her hands are lucky and good and no one gets any problem of pain or wound). It was just perfect for me.

I love very small ones and recently got a diamond one. There was a very small stone and a little bigger one. i liked the small one whereas all the people around suggested the little bigger one was better and I got that. But somehow I feel it is very big and now I am back to the old AD one, leaving the diamond safely inside.

Definitely NS gives a better look to women.

sudha india
17th December 2010, 11:53 AM
I also remember another incident, a love for nosestud.

After seeing me having a nosestud, my aunt's sister atleast 5 to 7 years elder to me at that time, wanted to have NS. She asked her brother and he said he will get her one if she pierces her nose.

What a bold girl she was !! She went in, and pierced her nose herself with a safety pin and came out with the pin and demanded a NS immediately.

I could not even think of this without a slight shiver, even today. Definitely she must have loved NS otherwise she would not have got this guts.

Shekhar
18th December 2010, 09:58 AM
Great !! At last somebody who really likes wearing nosestud !!:wink: :D
But I havent got answer to my query yet. :(

sudha india
28th December 2010, 11:48 AM
If your query is
is it true that if I gift a nosestud, it will be taken as an amorous proposal?

My answer is NO.
Two of my friends and me got a nosestud as a gift from the same person. He had 6 or 7 of them of the same kind. It was an artificial one and not gold anyway.

I wore it only one day and just kept it aside later. Its too big for my face. Thats all. I did not check with my friends on this. They are in Mumbai.
[/b]

Querida
11th January 2011, 02:29 AM
:lol: When you mentioned this thread, I was wondering if it was the same old thread where we all shared views about getting a piercing or not.

As far back as I could remember I always wanted to pierce my nose, but there was always incidents that swayed me from doing so:

1) My Amma thinking it was too old-fashioned to do so, actually she use to always despair where she got such a country bumpkin from because I liked long skirts, had waist-long hair, and couldn't wait to wear a saree...she forbade me more or less and I use to tease her that If I got a high average, got into uni, graduated, I would get my nose pierced.

2) I found out the reason behind my mom's distaste with nose stud was because of my grandma, who only go to know she was getting married when they took her to get her nose pierced, a very headstrong woman I can only imagine how angry she must felt to have her nose pierced against her wishes!

3) The whole fiasco I went through with my ear piercings...I have three piercings in both my ears...first one I got an infection, second one I got done at a drug mart and it was not even, third time's the charm I guess! So yes I have Holy Ears :lol:

4) I didn't like the punk/bad girl image nose studs got associated with when it became a trend here again where not just Indian girls were getting their nose pierced.

5) I am a big baby when it comes to pain :ashamed: AND I have asthma/allergies.

And to answer your Q after all this preamble...I don't know about nose studs...but jewellery in general is seen as a "step forward" sign.

chevy
11th January 2011, 06:59 PM
Shekhar : Good to see you too, Shekhar!
:lol: your wife must have thought the world of you! you're lucky :) but then you didn't know what you were getting into :lol: to end up with 18 nosestuds..... :roll: :D perhaps i haven't seen one that suits my nose & face. Maybe I'll find one in India - i'll update this thread after my trip:). :)

chevy
11th January 2011, 07:00 PM
It hurts to get one's nose pierced. I had voluntarily pierced my nose. Had it on for 2 weeks and I couldn't tolerate the pain after that :( It's not worth the try :lol: OmG Wibha..didn;t knw ur nose is pierced..did the otai close?

chevy
11th January 2011, 07:01 PM
I can see Lambretta open a new thread titled "Women's reluctance for saree"... :lol: :P

chevy
11th January 2011, 07:05 PM

What if you succeeded with more than one? :lol: Remember, different women like different nose studs! :) And what if they all like the same one?

Stiglitz
7th February 2011, 04:19 AM
And what if they all like the same one?

Its a Gamble, Give it to the one you like the most.

Nosestuds? I personally find nose rings to be much sexier... especially on a slightly dusky girl with Long Hair who wears enough bangles to start a shop in Pondy Bazaar, with a British Accent... Effin A!

Lambretta
25th February 2011, 11:17 AM
'just came across this thread...sure was interesting! :)

I can see Lambretta open a new thread titled "Women's reluctance for saree"... :lol:

Hi dev,
Yes I could open a new thread with that title.......but then, that'd be work fit for someone who has more time than they could handle on their hands! ;)

Yeah you laughed, didnt you? :P

Shekhar
10th March 2011, 03:13 PM
Hi Guys! I lost my freedom because of the nose stud !! (again!)
An ex colleague of mine is a nice lady whom I know for the past 4 yrs. She is a nice girl, a divorcee, who had an unfortunate marriage, forced into it by her parents, which lasted for just about two weeks.
Once when she visited my home, impulsively I gifted her a single stone diamond nose stud? She said "what for? Today is not my birth day." I replied "Just like that. I thought it would look nice on you" Then I realised her nose was not pierced.
That weekend she came home again. She had pierced her nose and was wearing that nose stud.
She said "Why didn't you propose to me directly ? Why did you have to do like this". "Like what?" I asked mildly pleasantly surprised. "Like presenting me a diamond nose stud". I was terribly confused. I liked her a lot. But marriage proposal was not in my mind. Impulsively I asked, "Well, what is your answer?" She laughed loudly. "Ofcourse YES!. You are surely dumb. Can't you see I have pierced my nose and is wearing your nose stud?"
I got married 5 weeks ago !!! I have got answer to my query ! But what a way to find the answer !!

pavalamani pragasam
10th March 2011, 03:35 PM
Congratulations, Shekar! Wish you happiness and better understanding of women and their infinite fancies/interpretations!!!

NOV
10th March 2011, 03:57 PM
avan oru thodarkathai :rotfl:

Congratulations Sekhar and Missus!
and thanks for sharing your good news with us!

http://freedownloads2k.com/scrapgreetings/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/congratulations-graphics201.gif

littlemaster1982
10th March 2011, 04:39 PM
I got married 5 weeks ago !!! I have got answer to my query ! But what a way to find the answer !!

:lol: That was a nice twist. Congratulations Shekhar :2thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
10th March 2011, 04:43 PM
Dont know who u are, Shekhar.. But was glad to read ur experience and feeling very happy for you.. Congrats to both of you.. :D

tvsankar
10th March 2011, 05:31 PM
Congradulations Shekar.........

ana oru chinna Moral - Pazhagara pongaluku ellam - Nosestud kudukum podhu.. be careful.... hahahha..
just kidding.

in our Culture - Nosestud - good for their Husband's health.

scientifically - enaku theriayalai.. ana edho oru nambikai iruku.. enaku..............

Shekhar
11th March 2011, 11:25 AM
Thanks a lot. I am truly grateful to all my well wishers.

Married life now is a revelation. She really adores me. I was sort of a friend, guide and philosopher for her, especially when she was down in the dumps after her marriage was broken. I sort of gave her a helping hand to lift herself up and get back to normal life.
Out of curiosity I asked her why she wanted to marry me. Her answer really surprised me. She said that (a) I am a gentleman, she has never seen me even wishing ill to any body. (b) I am wise and know how to make life simple bringing peace to heart. and (c) I have a wonderful sense of humour which makes her life so easy and enjoyable. I donot know how much I deserve her admiration, but I aim to live up to it.
I am very glad that she and my daughter have become great friends! (They knew each other earlier, as she was a family friend and knew my deceased wife)
And one more thing. Like my earlier wife, she loves nosestuds (atleast she told me so) She is anxious for her nose piercing to heal to try other nosestuds!

rajraj
11th March 2011, 11:33 AM
Congratulations Shekhar! :)

LOst your freedom again? Don't let her see this thread! :)

dev
11th March 2011, 07:22 PM
Congrats Shekhar!!!...:lol:

Lambretta
11th March 2011, 10:32 PM
Congrats Shekhar!!!...

NM
12th March 2011, 05:41 PM
Congratulations to you Shekhar!
Glad you found out the answer in a nice way :).

Wishing you lots of happiness.

NM

suvai
12th March 2011, 08:28 PM
Congratulations nga Shekhar!!!

Roshan
12th March 2011, 11:15 PM
Congratulations Shekhar !! Have a happy and peaceful life !! Thanks for sharing the good news with us :D (and only now I saw your message)

ksen
13th March 2011, 12:59 AM
Congrats Shekar :D Wish you a very happy and peaceful married life :D

Shekhar
17th March 2011, 10:22 AM
My heartfelt thanks to all hubbers who have wished me happy married life.

Btw. She really loves her nosestuds. She has started changing them every day !!

Shakthiprabha
16th July 2012, 10:42 AM
http://www.urbantouch.com/konad-stamping-nail-art-image-plate-m65/KNA0000000130/p/

found this interesting!

nail-art.....Some of them are erally pretty!

inazerowmo
25th August 2012, 10:03 AM
I pierced my nose when it was an in thing-at a time when non-Indians were going all out to pierce while the Indians were shying away from it saying it made them look 'traditional'. :rolleyes: Being a rebel of sorts, I went with a group of girlfriends (just short of few months before my finals) and got the deed done. Heck, even my family was surprised.

cokepepsi
25th August 2012, 10:13 AM
I plan to get my nose pierced. Which is the safe method? Needle or gunshot? I am told gunshot is better for ears than nose.

inazerowmo
25th August 2012, 01:10 PM
I plan to get my nose pierced. Which is the safe method? Needle or gunshot? I am told gunshot is better for ears than nose.

Needle is better.

cokepepsi
28th August 2012, 07:26 PM
Thankyou "The Ratchasi" . That is what many say. Very soon I may have it done.

inazerowmo
29th August 2012, 11:40 AM
Let us know once you have done it! :)

cokepepsi
28th September 2012, 12:56 PM
wow sure The Ratchasi :)