PDA

View Full Version : Your "Guilty Pleasure" Favourite Films

Pages : [1] 2

groucho070
11th November 2010, 12:15 PM
Credit: "Critics and Confession" comment by Thirumaran.

Okay, we all have them in our collection. It's time to come out of the closet and admit that you like them. I think I have done in the past, with regards to pre-Nayagan Kamal films like Per Sollum Pillai, Manggama Sabatham, Kathal Parisu and heck, I even liked Viratham that I bet many Kamal fans didn't watch.

Other guilty pleasure of mine include the films Sathyaraj did with Shakti Chitambaram - Mahanadigan, Englishkaran, Kovai Brothers and the recent Guru Sishyan. Silly Sathyaraj lollu makes me laugh anyway.
:oops:

Plum
11th November 2010, 12:27 PM
Guilty pleasure as in revisit often but would not like to admit?

groucho070
11th November 2010, 12:35 PM
Something like that.

Could be that it's playing in the TV, and you watch 'em anyway, and, yes, not admit especially here where highbrow types might look down on you. Or so you might feel.

Plum
11th November 2010, 12:42 PM
apdi edhuvum perusA (unconfessed)illai. "Ranga" countless times in theatre but I have recounted that many times in Hub.
sendhUrappUvE countless times in theatre - again confessed in Honestraj thread.

High Brow Intellectual: why did you watch sendhurappUvE many times?
Me: Because I could.

I could say this: Vijayakanth movies neraiya, interest-Oda pArthurukkEn. Again, that is also quite well-known to people who visit the Honestraj thread.
True guilty pleasure-nA, it is this:

I quite liked Sarathkumar in some moments in some of his movies, especially one involving him to be bashfully comic - kattabomman, the movie where kasthuri dares us "nAn Adi kAttattumA recordu danceu" etc. I mean, quite to the extent of "nallA dhAnE paNdrAru idhellAm..."

Remember his bashful pointing to Vadivelu when "minnal" tharai-thEchufies with her feet in front of him in the mAyee "Vadivelu poNnu pArkum" scene? I quite like that persona of his.

kid-glove
11th November 2010, 01:15 PM
Favorite guilty pleasure got to be Makkal Thilagam films. Not all, for I think films like Kudi. Kovil, Anbe Vaa, EVP, AO, etc could be enjoyed without overburdening sense of guilt.

groucho070
11th November 2010, 01:18 PM
Nothing wrong with those films, Thilak. They are classics.

If it's Makkal Thilagam, my guilty pleasure will be duds like Tedivantha Mappilai, or even Ninaitathai Mudippavan.

NT guilty pleasure? Ah, far too many... :think:

kid-glove
11th November 2010, 01:22 PM
Yes, that's what I said. Those are the exceptions. :)

P_R
11th November 2010, 01:28 PM
Visu films

Remote lock aayirum

kid-glove
11th November 2010, 01:33 PM
Veerasaamy - urination scene, song sequences - especially the gestures, the ending.

Dharmapuri - thambala thattu acting as bulletproof, Captain kicking one guy sets off a pack of cards motion with a whole bunch of baddies, lined up behind him. (Tho the credit goes to Ramarajannan for bringing this kind of action sequences to TFI. In one film, he lines up all the goons in a straight line. And in one flying motion, fists down everyone. :notworthy: )

P_R
11th November 2010, 01:36 PM
Wait a moment. I think watching it with the perverse pleasure of laughing at the film, heckling etc. does not qualify.

Films you seem to inexplicably like 'as is' is what we are talking about.

Confession is for the brave. Kamaan now.

People will be disallowed from quoting from this thread in future film-appreciation arguments.

kid-glove
11th November 2010, 01:44 PM
I trust our hubbers wouldn't get pedantic about all this.

But I think Groucho started this thread for 'as is' films that appeals for inexplicable reasons. Not unintentionally funny films (I think there's another thread for this).

groucho070
11th November 2010, 01:45 PM
No, laughing at or heckling no qualify. Only like-like qualify. Genuine like.

Another one that will raise many eyebrows: 123. Yes that film with Master Sundaram's kids. I like it, and thought the boys did well.

groucho070
11th November 2010, 01:47 PM
One NT film, really stupid one, that I revisited many times: Yamanukku Yaman. Garish costumes, frightening wigs aside, it was pretty funny.

kid-glove
11th November 2010, 02:02 PM
Tik Tik Tik.
Fails completely as a thriller. Whimsical story. Direction is appalling. But completely enticed by always agreeable Madhavi :P

Plum
11th November 2010, 02:10 PM
MadhavilAm guilty pleasurela kaNakku vaRAdhu. It is a healthy and legitimate pleasure, I say.

groucho070
11th November 2010, 02:13 PM
Rajini = Kazhugu. Fast paced total masala flick. I adore the ending.

More Kamal = Guru, Ullasa Paravaigal. I don't mind even revisiting Japanil Kalyanaraman, enakku terinja orey Tamizh film sequel of that time, just for Kalyanam.

groucho070
11th November 2010, 02:15 PM
MadhavilAm guilty pleasurela kaNakku vaRAdhu. It is a healthy and legitimate pleasure, I say.Yes. For this thread, I'd add Ambika & Amala to this list.

equanimus
11th November 2010, 02:17 PM
Hmm, just thought a bit about what my list would be. ammUr padangaLla idhu konjam tough call illa? I mean, the "nothing great, good timepass" angle is so ubiquitous that it's hard to say where the line of guilty pleasures starts for oneself.

equanimus
11th November 2010, 02:27 PM
For starters, several films of Rajini and Kamal.

As some of you know, guru sishyan is right on top for me! Rajini is in great form here. Also, rAjAdhi rAja, mannan, aNNAmalai, uzhaippALi and so on. Most of the late 80s-early 90s Rajini films are truly addictive in this sense. Even the fairly turgid melodramas like dharmaththin thalaivan, dharmadhurai do the trick for yours truly.

kid-glove
11th November 2010, 02:28 PM
MadhavilAm guilty pleasurela kaNakku vaRAdhu. It is a healthy and legitimate pleasure, I say.

ippadi ponna, 10 page kooda thERaadhu. All the best. :P

Bala (Karthik)
11th November 2010, 02:38 PM
Youth - Ippo potta kooda virumbi paappen

These days, obscure 80s-90s movies. Visu films top the list

littlemaster1982
11th November 2010, 02:41 PM
Indha visaranaila pala unmaigal velila varum pola irukke :mrgreen:

equanimus
11th November 2010, 02:44 PM
Yeah, mostly from the 80-90s timeframe. Karthik, Prabhu, Sathyaraj, Vijayakanth 'nu adukkittE pOga vENdiyadhu dhAn.

groucho070
11th November 2010, 02:46 PM
Many Prabhu Deva philims. Rising star, wonderful performer-nu nambi iruntha kaalam athu.

List:
Indhu
Mr. Romeo
Kathala Kathala (share with Kamal's list)
Nam Iruvar Namakiruvar
VIP
Manadhai Tirudivittai
Ezhayin Sirippil

Time for me to :oops:

equanimus
11th November 2010, 02:51 PM
Yeah, I also thought of nAm iruvar namakkiruvar! You're right on the money. Prabhu Deva is a good candidate here.

Bhagyaraj's 90s films. Hopelessly anachronistic, but fun nevertheless.

raajarasigan
11th November 2010, 02:54 PM
Kodi parakkuthu
Raja Chinna Roja
Singara Velan - as a Kamal movie
Vikram

will post more when I recollect...

P_R
11th November 2010, 02:58 PM
:roll:
I like Bagyaraj and FravudevA films.
Hardly feel embarassed about them.

Visu is ..predictable, regressive, badly made stagey - ellAm solluvEn aanA ukkAndhu pArppEn. :mrgreen: aboorva sagOdarigaL. Anyone?

equanimus
11th November 2010, 02:59 PM
arasiyal padangaL: amaithippadai, Gurudhanapal, and, gulp, RK Selvamani! (makkaL Atchi, anyone?)

groucho070
11th November 2010, 02:59 PM
Bhagyaraj's 90s films.Same same. RR, agree on Vikram.

PR, GEn-Y might have reasons to sneer at Bagyaraj though. As for Visu, I am with you. Pattukottai Periyappa anyone :P

P_R
11th November 2010, 03:04 PM
amaithippadai
idhukkellAm enna thayakkam.

Gurudhanapal,
Dontach !
thAimAman, Maaman MagaL, periya idathu maapiLLai, kalyANa galAttA. Guilt-ku idamE illaiyE.

RK Selvamani! (makkaL Atchi, anyone?) Ah..of course :-)

groucho070
11th November 2010, 03:08 PM
Gurudhanapal films rejetted from this thread. Please refer to Annan's thread for clarification :D

RK Selvamani, good candidate. Makkal Aatchi & Arasiyal, good companion pieces.

equanimus
11th November 2010, 03:08 PM
P_R,
But 90s Bhagyaraj became very different from 80s, right? In one sense, he was making the same kind of films, but I think he also got stuck in a time warp and didn't adapt to the new status quo form, because of which his films were generally immersed in plot mechanics, and often very stagey (think ammA vandhAchchu and such).

littlemaster1982
11th November 2010, 03:09 PM
Bhagyaraj - Rudra
PD - Kaadhalan. Apart from the songs/visuals, I like the film itself. Can watch any number of times.

raajarasigan
11th November 2010, 03:09 PM
Poonthotta Kaavalkaaran
Durga :oops: (my childhood favourite)
Poove Unakkaaga

littlemaster1982
11th November 2010, 03:11 PM
Thiruda Thiruda - Critical/commercial dud. But, a big favorite of mine.

P_R
11th November 2010, 03:12 PM
P_R,
But 90s Bhagyaraj became very different from 80s, right? In one sense, he was making the same kind of films, but I think he also got stuck in a time warp and didn't adapt to the new status quo form, because of which his films were generally immersed in plot mechanics, and often very stagey (think ammA vandhAchchu and such).

Yes I agree.
I saw the 90s only now :oops:

Perfect description of the problems in his 90s films. Time warp dhaan.

irundhaalum kudumbathOda pOyi first weekla paathuruvOm. Practice continued till vEttiyai madichu kattu :lol2:

P_R
11th November 2010, 03:14 PM
idhukkellAm guilt feel paNNappadaadhu 'ngrEn.

Critics-kku enna theriyin? Venkirau-ai kEttu paarunga.
adhE maadhiri public-ku enna theriyin? Flau-ai kEttu paarunga.

equanimus
11th November 2010, 03:17 PM
amaithippadai
idhukkellAm enna thayakkam.

Gurudhanapal,
Dontach !
thAimAman, Maaman MagaL, periya idathu maapiLLai, kalyANa galAttA. Guilt-ku idamE illaiyE.vERa vazhiyE illai, irukkaNum 'ngaREn. :lol:

groucho070
11th November 2010, 03:17 PM
PR, that gives me an idea to start "Critically acclaimed, public loved films that you hate". :P I yam looking at you, Roja.

equanimus
11th November 2010, 03:18 PM
PR, that gives me an idea to start "Critically acclaimed, public loved films that you hate". :P I yam looking at you, Roja.:lol:

littlemaster1982
idhukkellAm guilt feel paNNappadaadhu 'ngrEn.

Critics-kku enna theriyin? Venkirau-ai kEttu paarunga.
adhE maadhiri public-ku enna theriyin? Flau-ai kEttu paarunga.

Enakku therinju indha padatthukku neengalum naanumdhan support. Adhai vachu sonnen :)

Plum
Absolutely embarassingA EdhAvadhu sollungappu! Amaidhipadai, Thiruda Thirudannuttu...idhukellAm guilt-nA - SAC padam mukkAvAsi theatre-la pArtha nAnlAm..?

P_R
11th November 2010, 03:21 PM
Absolutely embarassingA EdhAvadhu sollungappu! Amaidhipadai, Thiruda Thirudannuttu...idhukellAm guilt-nA - SAC padam mukkAvAsi theatre-la pArtha nAnlAm..?
naan kooda dhaan Vaijayanthi IPS, Police Lock-up ellAm theatre-la paathirukkEn.

pAkkuradhu prachanayillai. pudikkiradhu dhaan.

groucho070
11th November 2010, 03:24 PM
Ithu Plum, erkanave solliten

Radha Ravi's magnum opus Chinna Muthu. Theatrela poyee partenggoo.

raajarasigan
11th November 2010, 03:30 PM
Aligal Oyivadhillai
Idhayam
Kaalamellam Kadhal Vaazhga

littlemaster1982
11th November 2010, 03:31 PM
Vigneshwar (Karthik) - watched it twice in theater and I still think this is a decent film. Didn't have a chance to watch again.

Seevalaperi Paandi (Napolean) - I read the book first and Paandi was almost a childhood hero for me. Eagerly expected this film then and watched it twice in theater. In fact have been hunting for the VCD/DVD recently.

equanimus
11th November 2010, 03:32 PM
I guess we first need to define what it means to to feel guilty about liking a film.

It has to be cliched, regressive in terms of both form and content, எந்த ஒரு vision 'க்கான சுவடும் அறவே இருக்கக் கூடாது (no traces of a vision whatsoever), and should have (to use a Tamil film criticism cliche) nothing new in it. எதையெதையோ எடுத்துப் புரட்டிப் போட்டு ஒரு படமா எடுத்தா மாதிரி இருக்கணும் (ஆனா சுமாரா நல்லாவே இருக்கணும்).

How ees this?

raajarasigan
11th November 2010, 03:33 PM
I guess we first need to define what it means to to feel guilty about liking a film.

It has to be cliched, regressive in terms of both form and content, எந்த ஒரு vision 'க்கான சுவடும் அறவே இருக்கக் கூடாது (no traces of a vision whatsoever), and should have (to use a Tamil film criticism cliche) nothing new in it. எதையெதையோ எடுத்துப் புரட்டிப் போட்டு ஒரு படமா எடுத்தா மாதிரி இருக்கணும் (ஆனா சுமாரா நல்லாவே இருக்கணும்).

How ees this?All Venkat Prabhu Movies :)

equanimus
11th November 2010, 03:34 PM
Seevalaperi Paandi (Napolean)பிரதாப் போத்தன் கேட்டா கொதிச்சுப் போயிருவார்.

littlemaster1982
RR,

Exclude Chennai-28 from that.

P_R
Agree with the definition.

ஆனா சுமாரா நல்லாவே இருக்கணும :lol:

littlemaster1982
11th November 2010, 03:35 PM

Why :roll: I thought this is not a famous film :?

P_R
11th November 2010, 03:39 PM
Seevalaperi Paandi (Napolean) - I read the book first and Paandi was almost a childhood hero for me. Eagerly expected this film then and watched it twice in theater. In fact have been hunting for the VCD/DVD recently. :roll:

The thikkuvAi Prasanakumar(?), VAM, kuRangu Charlie comedy track I recall was mokkai. But I've been pining to see it for a while :-)

raajarasigan
11th November 2010, 03:39 PM

Why :roll: I thought this is not a famous film :?Master, I like this movie but nothing embarassing for me here... neatly scripted..

yes, we can exclude Chennai 28 as that genre ( :lol: ) was new then...

hamid
11th November 2010, 03:40 PM
Ponnumani - karthick padam ellame paartha kaalam athu.. varusham 16 effect..

RR,
Ithayam :roll: athula enna guilt feel?

Grouch,
how about Kal thoon? :oops:

raajarasigan
11th November 2010, 03:42 PM
RR,
Ithayam :roll: athula enna guilt feel?Hamid, if I exclude IR, it won't work for me... content is still pretty average...

littlemaster1982
11th November 2010, 03:42 PM
Seevalaperi Paandi (Napolean) - I read the book first and Paandi was almost a childhood hero for me. Eagerly expected this film then and watched it twice in theater. In fact have been hunting for the VCD/DVD recently. :roll:

The thikkuvAi Prasanakumar(?), VAM, kuRangu Charlie comedy track I recall was mokkai. But I've been pining to see it for a while :-)

Yeah that was Prasannakumar. Apart from that comedy track and two item numbers, it is a decent film. Actually I like one of those item numbers sung by Swarnalatha :oops:

Edit: Re: Childhood hero, I was 11 when I read that book and he was like a hero to me, though he was a criminal in real.

hamid
11th November 2010, 03:43 PM
RR.. okay.. Ithayam is still one of my favourites.. 10vathu padikkirappa vanthuthu.. :D

equanimus
11th November 2010, 03:44 PM
LM,
It was not a big hit or anything, but it was supposed to be a serious attempt to tell the story of the man, if with a liberal dosage of mythology, with attention to dialect etc. அதுக்குச் சொன்னேன்.

AravindMano
11th November 2010, 03:44 PM
எந்த ஒரு vision 'க்கான சுவடும் அறவே இருக்கக் கூடாது (no traces of a vision whatsoever)

Major Sundarrajan nadichcha films-a?

ajaybaskar
11th November 2010, 03:45 PM
What is the connection between Pothen and Seevalapperi Pandi?

equanimus
AravindMano,
Ha ha, a man after my own heart. That's exactly what I was referring to!

hamid
few Sivaji films ( like Thuuku thuuki) and few MGR films like Mannadhi Mannan...

equanimus
11th November 2010, 03:46 PM
What is the connection between Pothen and Seevalapperi Pandi?He directed it.

littlemaster1982
11th November 2010, 03:46 PM
LM,
It was not a big hit or anything, but it was supposed to be a serious attempt to tell the story of the man, if with a liberal dosage of mythology, with attention to dialect etc. அதுக்குச் சொன்னேன்.

Oh ok. I would agree that Prathap Pothen largely succeeded at making a film based on a book. Was there anything related to mythology? Can't remember anything like that.

raajarasigan
11th November 2010, 03:47 PM
RR.. okay.. Ithayam is still one of my favourites.. 10vathu padikkirappa vanthuthu.. :Dit is still my favourite too... Guilty pleasure..

hamid
11th November 2010, 03:47 PM
Thevathai...

and oru pei padam.. dont remember the name... 13m number veedu or something..

ajaybaskar
11th November 2010, 03:49 PM
Equa,

Was it not K Rajeshwar who directed SP?

hamid
11th November 2010, 03:49 PM
puthiya manithan.. there were a series of 2-3 movies made after this.. thirilling at that time.. might revisit if I get a chance..

raajarasigan
11th November 2010, 03:50 PM
Thevathai...

and oru pei padam.. dont remember the name... 13m number veedu or something..13'am number veedu (actually watched this in a 13'am number veedu)

hamid
11th November 2010, 03:51 PM
RR.. okay.. Ithayam is still one of my favourites.. 10vathu padikkirappa vanthuthu.. :Dit is still my favourite too... Guilty pleasure..

the reason I wondered was.. that movie is fine.. nothing much to be guilt about.. no unbelievable scenes(except Murali a college student though).. I dont think any critic said the movie is bad too..

littlemaster1982
Equa,

Was it not K Rajeshwar who directed SP?

K.Rajeshwar wrote the screenplay. Directed by Prathap Pothen.

Bala (Karthik)

How ees this?
:lol: :clap:

ajaybaskar
11th November 2010, 03:52 PM
Oh Ok.. Till date, i was thinking that K Rajeshwar directed the movie..

P_R
11th November 2010, 03:55 PM
LM,

Oh ok. I would agree that Prathap Pothen largely succeeded at making a film based on a book. Was there anything related to mythology? Can't remember anything like that.

Julius Ceaser ellAm fook-la irundhuchA? Podhan sondha grain-nu nenachEn.

hamid
11th November 2010, 03:56 PM
Thevathai...

and oru pei padam.. dont remember the name... 13m number veedu or something..13'am number veedu (actually watched this in a 13'am number veedu)

ok..maramellam valarnthu makkaLai ulla isthukkume :shaking:

Next.. Shankar Guru.. terror film...

equanimus
11th November 2010, 03:56 PM
LM,
I knew nothing about the book until you mentioned, but I was talking about standard mythical tropes like the hero hiding in a well-wishing woman's house and the latter protecting him from kAvalALigaL by pretending that she has her lover visiting her, etc. These things can be seen in different films (sIvalappEri, mAyan) and as per my understanding, comes from our literature.

P_R
11th November 2010, 03:58 PM
Goes without saying.

raajarasigan
11th November 2010, 04:01 PM
puthiya manithan.. there were a series of 2-3 movies made after this.. thirilling at that time.. might revisit if I get a chance..it is NOT puthiya manidhan... it is Naalaiya Manidhan.. its sequel is Adhisaya manidhan.. Ajay Ratnam was the man in both versions.. have NOT see any of them yet..

hamid
11th November 2010, 04:02 PM
:yes: I loved those movies.. veetla casette eduthu paarthom..

Plum
11th November 2010, 04:05 PM
Oh Ok.. Till date, i was thinking that K Rajeshwar directed the movie..
adhu Kovilpatti Veeralakshmi - Since Simran is there, it might be Groucho's guilty pleasure :noteeth:

raajarasigan
11th November 2010, 04:06 PM
Sachin
Arunachalam

Plum
11th November 2010, 04:06 PM
Goes without saying.

:lol:

(namma kAraNamum avaru kAraNamum vERa-nu nenaikkaREn)

raajarasigan
11th November 2010, 04:07 PM
Goes without saying.

(namma kAraNamum avaru kAraNamum vERa-nu nenaikkaREn)I know :lol:

Plum
11th November 2010, 04:14 PM
puthiya manithan.. there were a series of 2-3 movies made after this.. thirilling at that time.. might revisit if I get a chance..it is NOT puthiya manidhan... it is Naalaiya Manidhan.. its sequel is Adhisaya manidhan.. Ajay Ratnam was the man in both versions.. have NOT see any of them yet..

One of these has Prabhu-Amala as well? Prabhu, after a few movies with Amala, finally does what any man in his place would have done - goes overboard in romance scenes.

hamid
11th November 2010, 04:16 PM
Goes without saying.

:huh:

Plum
11th November 2010, 04:19 PM
Goes without saying.

:huh:
LM solvAr :noteeth:

ajaybaskar
11th November 2010, 04:20 PM
Oh.. Naalaiya manidhan padathula idhellam vera irukkaa? I think its time to revisit.. :noteeth:

Plum
11th November 2010, 04:27 PM
Yeah, Ajay, this is the true definition of "guilty pleasure" :lol:

P_R
11th November 2010, 04:31 PM
It is the film where Kovai Sarala gets womenlib-y on Chinni Jayanth, right?

Jyothsna
11th November 2010, 04:33 PM
Enakku title sariya vilangalai.. Intha padamellam namakku pudichitha nu vetkapadura mathiri padangall na, itho ennoda list..

Aswini- Athlete Aswini nachappa oda story. Avangale nadichatha nyabagam..

Adivelli

Uruthimozhi

Visu padangal- Appo ellam avar mathiri padamakka koodiya genius yaarume illanu nenachitu irunthean :ashamed:

Inaintha kaigal

Last but not least Karagattakaran. One of my cousins wanted to marry him :lol:

ajaybaskar
11th November 2010, 04:34 PM
Inaintha Kaigal and Karakaattakaran are classics.. Idhula guilty feeling edhukku?

Of course, your cousin shud feel 'GUILTY'. :D

hamid
11th November 2010, 04:35 PM
Enakku title sariya vilangalai.. Intha padamellam namakku pudichitha nu vetkapadura mathiri padangall na, itho ennoda list..

Aswini- Athlete Aswini nachappa oda story. Avangale nadichatha nyabagam..

Adivelli

Uruthimozhi

Visu padangal- Appo ellam avar mathiri padamakka koodiya genius yaarume illanu nenachitu irunthean :ashamed:

Inaintha kaigal

Last but not least Karagattakaran. One of my cousins wanted to marry him :lol:

:lol: I saw him 2 months back in Tambaran railway station.. still he had 2 allaikkais with him...

P_R
11th November 2010, 04:35 PM
Aswini- Athlete Aswini nachappa oda story. Avangale nadichatha nyabagam.. I yam pakkathu veetu kudumbathOda theatre-la pArthEn :oops:

Jyothsna
11th November 2010, 04:36 PM
Durga -Baby Shamili nadicha padam.

Jyothsna
11th November 2010, 04:37 PM
Inaintha Kaigal and Karakaattakaran are classics.. Idhula guilty feeling edhukku?

Of course, your friend shud feel 'GUILTY'. :DInaintha kaigal Classic na solringa :roll: Athula anthi nera thenral katru pattu romba pidikkum.

Thirumaran
11th November 2010, 04:41 PM

Dual act right ? Atha thaan later stages la Vijay Azhagiya Thamizh Maganaa nadichaar.. :P

Jyothsna
11th November 2010, 04:42 PM

Dual act right ? Atha thaan later stages la Vijay Azhagiya Thamizh Maganaa nadichaar.. :P

Aamam.. Ana ATM pakkalai

Maniraj
11th November 2010, 04:43 PM

Thirumaran
11th November 2010, 04:44 PM

Of course, your cousin shud feel 'GUILTY'. :D

Inaintha Kaigal Classic aa :hammer: vitta Arun pandiyan antha padathula national award vaangi irukalaam nnu solluveenga poala..

Thirumaran
11th November 2010, 04:45 PM

Aamam.. Ana ATM pakkalai

Seems u are going through good times.. :cool2:

Maniraj
11th November 2010, 04:47 PM

Aamam.. Ana ATM pakkalai

Seems u are going through good times.. :cool2:

:evil: :hammer:

ajaybaskar
11th November 2010, 04:47 PM
Inaindha Kaigalukku enna kurai? Andha interval block onnu podhumae, classic status kodukkuradhukku?

Thirumaran
11th November 2010, 04:48 PM

One Vijay replacing other, appuram ovvoru vishayathulayum fraud vijay jeikirathu ellaam antha padathula irukkira maathiriyae irukkum..

enna Baby Shalini kku appa duet panna company irukkaathu, athaan difference..

Thirumaran
11th November 2010, 04:51 PM
Inaindha Kaigalukku enna kurai? Andha interval block onnu podhumae, classic status kodukkuradhukku?

appuram sinthu and Ramki in Water Lorry Tank... :cool2: superb song.. Ultra classic status ae kodukalaam :yes:

jk.. yeah certain such scenes were very good.. enna acting sothapalaa irukkum...

Maniraj
11th November 2010, 04:51 PM

One Vijay replacing other, appuram ovvoru vishayathulayum fraud vijay jeikirathu ellaam antha padathula irukkira maathiriyae irukkum..

Neenga ATM thavira vaera entha padathilayum apadi paathathu illayaa??

ajaybaskar
11th November 2010, 04:52 PM
Adhaane?

Thirumaran
11th November 2010, 04:54 PM

Neenga ATM thavira vaera entha padathilayum apadi paathathu illayaa??

What i meant to say was the scenes and logic over there..Romba chinna pulla thanamaa irukkum.. Baby Shalini kku ok.. Vijay kku.. :huh: vaenumnaa nee Durga padam try panni paaru.. u will understand :cheer:

Thirumaran
11th November 2010, 04:55 PM
btw vaera ennenna padam appadi irukku :noteeth:

Maniraj
11th November 2010, 04:58 PM
I dont think the discussion was about logic and chinna pulla thanam in previous posts.. :roll:

Anyway thanks for the explanation thiru na :ty:.. i agree.. Those scenes in ATM were not good...

Durga padam seekaram paakuraen :cheer:

ajaybaskar
11th November 2010, 05:00 PM
Chinna raja apdinnu Karthik nadicha oru padam.. Duplicate apdinnu SRKyoda padam ellam indha maadhiri irukkum

Thirumaran
11th November 2010, 05:01 PM
I dont think the discussion was about logic and chinna pulla thanam in previous posts.. :roll:

Of course.. Those were digression :mrgreen:

Maniraj
Chinna raja apdinnu Karthik nadicha oru padam.. Duplicate apdinnu SRKyoda padam ellam indha maadhiri irukkum

Many MGR movies :P

Maniraj

Of course.. Those were digression :mrgreen:

Athunaalla thaan naanum kaetaen :evil:

Riyazz
11th November 2010, 05:03 PM
what ... is going...... :huh:

ajaybaskar
11th November 2010, 05:05 PM
Nothing Riyazz.. Thiru has grown his strength out of our weakness. Thats all..

raajarasigan
11th November 2010, 05:06 PM
Yeah, Ajay, this is the true definition of "guilty pleasure" :lol: :lol:

Riyazz
11th November 2010, 05:06 PM
Nothing Riyazz.. Thiru has grown his strength out of our weakness. Thats all.. ohhhhhhhh

raajarasigan
11th November 2010, 05:14 PM
actually, all Baby Shalini / Baby Sharmili films are applicable to this thread... at least, in my childhood, I enjoyed most of their movies... :oops:

Thirumaran
11th November 2010, 05:19 PM
Credit: "Critics and Confession" comment by Thirumaran.

Okay, we all have them in our collection. It's time to come out of the closet and admit that you like them. I think I have done in the past, with regards to pre-Nayagan Kamal films like Per Sollum Pillai, Manggama Sabatham, Kathal Parisu and heck, I even liked Viratham that I bet many Kamal fans didn't watch.

Other guilty pleasure of mine include the films Sathyaraj did with Shakti Chitambaram - Mahanadigan, Englishkaran, Kovai Brothers and the recent Guru Sishyan. Silly Sathyaraj lollu makes me laugh anyway.
:oops:

Actually along with these the confessions i was looking was on the reviewing side.

One example..
When in Kovai, saw VTV with HR. Actually he was pre occupied with how to review the movie in hub while watching. Also thinking for long time on how to put that across hub. Actually he did not like the movie..But he consoled himself and came with a review with it is kind of OK or good movie.
Padam paarthathu night show.. room kku vanthum kooda yosichittu irunthaapla :P
Now on these lines will the people here ready to confess on things like the below ones

any special preparation for reviewing...
before reviewing want to be different from others and hence the nature of review...
for ur favorites certain yardstick and for others different....
efforts to make professional language for reviewing.....
Would have liked a Masala movie but criticizing for the sake of it..
and such many more factors..

Most of the times i feel Such Professional reviews dont come out of heart. :roll:

Anyone ready to confess :noteeth:

Jyothsna
11th November 2010, 05:25 PM
Unmaya sollanumna.. Review ezhuthanumnu nenachite padam paartha, enakku entha scene m nyabagathuku varathu. Eppadi uthu uthu paarthalum PR,Equa,Compli range ku ezhuthavum theriyathu appuram yean intha ketta pazhakkam nu vittutean. :)

Thirumaran
11th November 2010, 05:35 PM
Unmaya sollanumna.. Review ezhuthanumnu nenachite padam paartha, enakku entha scene m nyabagathuku varathu. Eppadi uthu uthu paarthalum PR,Equa,Compli range ku ezhuthavum theriyathu appuram yean intha ketta pazhakkam nu vittutean. :)

So try panni irukka.. good :P

Jyothsna
11th November 2010, 05:44 PM

So try panni irukka.. good :P

Parka than try pannean, ezhutha illa :oops:

Nerd
11th November 2010, 09:35 PM
Many many many. Latest is Mayakkannaadi. Absolutely hated it the first time I saw it but did not miss a single scene when they played it on Klgr TV the other day.

Ramakrishna
11th November 2010, 09:37 PM
Many many many. Latest is Mayakkannaadi. Absolutely hated it the first time I saw it but did not miss a single scene when they played it on Klgr TV the other day.

Yes. It was very much watchable.

AravindMano
11th November 2010, 10:03 PM
Amman / AmmOru. Watching at an impressionable age does the trick at times. Have watched many times again and it was totally engaging.

Vivasaayi
11th November 2010, 10:46 PM
Samsaram adhu minsaram

One rajni - karate mani movie (rajni acts as a police officer in that village and karate mani is a big don there)

Not sure if maharasan and guru shishyan will come under this vagayaraa

Vivasaayi
11th November 2010, 10:48 PM
Few Vikraman movies :ashamed: - Sympathising for hero with lalalala ... cha evlo nallavanda ivan ...heroine evesdropping hero without his knowledge and understanding his humility,capacity etc etc etc .. appa...avalukku ivan nallavannu therinjuduchu

venkkiram
11th November 2010, 10:56 PM
பொன்மனம்.

HonestRaj
11th November 2010, 10:59 PM
TM..VTV was actually well made.. oru sila visayangal enakku pidikkalai avlothan.. sila nerangalla documentary madhiri irukkum...

jaiganes
11th November 2010, 11:04 PM
Samsaram adhu minsaram

One rajni - karate mani movie (rajni acts as a police officer in that village and karate mani is a big don there)

The rajini karate mani movie u mention is Anbukku naan adimai.
Rajini actually is a thief who accidentally pushes vijayakumar who is a police officer down from running train and stricken with guilty consciousness goes to help the police officer's family pretending to be another police friend and then takes the don karate mani to task.

Rajini and karate mani also acted as sparring friends in Ranga.

HonestRaj
11th November 2010, 11:04 PM
Few Vikraman movies :ashamed: - Sympathising for hero with lalalala ... cha evlo nallavanda ivan ...heroine evesdropping hero without his knowledge and understanding his humility,capacity etc etc etc .. appa...avalukku ivan nallavannu therinjuduchu

& my latest guilty pleasure... MARIYADHAI

HonestRaj
11th November 2010, 11:05 PM
Yeah, mostly from the 80-90s timeframe. Karthik, Prabhu, Sathyaraj, Vijayakanth 'nu adukkittE pOga vENdiyadhu dhAn.

neenga indha ordela pOttalum.. interms of field out.. indha orderum sariyathan irukkum.. Karthik (or) Prabhu first :think:

alphabetical orderum sariyathan irukku

HonestRaj
11th November 2010, 11:06 PM
Samsaram adhu minsaram

Rajini actually is a thief who accidentally pushes vijayakumar who is a police officer down from running train and stricken with guilty consciousness goes to help the police officer's family pretending to be another police friend and then takes the don karate mani to task.

avaru VIJAYAN & not uncle kumar

P_R
11th November 2010, 11:09 PM
humility,capacity etc etc etc .. appa...avalukku ivan nallavannu therinjuduchu :rotfl2:

HonestRaj
11th November 2010, 11:11 PM
80's padangal ippavum pidikkathan seyyudhu..

I have to add few Vijayakanth films like kaL azhagar, uLavuthurai, thayagam etc.

Vivasaayi
11th November 2010, 11:12 PM
Samsaram adhu minsaram

yes yes...karate mani - rajni rivarly was fun to watch

Plum
11th November 2010, 11:15 PM
Anbukku naan adimaila oru twistu irukku. Spoilers pOda vENdAmnu jai adhai miss paNNittArnu nenaikkaRen

HonestRaj
11th November 2010, 11:21 PM
padangal mattumthan podanuma.. captain tv parkkuradhe enakku oru guilty pleasurethan :lol:

app_engine
11th November 2010, 11:22 PM
Reg. dual role movies where bad one replaces good one and passes all "identity" stuff etc., two earlier MGR movies than the ones mentioned in this thread come to mind:

Asai mugam (Ramdoss turns into MGR with a "surgery" on face and replaces him. B&W movie, quite thrilling!)

&

ninaiththadhai mudippavan (one of the rarest cases where MGR acted as a baddie, albeit with some justification in the end as to why, Nambiar is a good man in this movie, saves MGR's sis Saradha from a rape attempt etc. Some scenes copied from Asai mugam, e.g. harmonica replaced with clarinet etc)

Though I don't have any "guilt" attached to it, need to re-post here my liking for these "dual role" films, however recycled / banal / trashed by critics etc they can be.

Best recent example - ATM. (I haven't seen the durga film, though).

HonestRaj
11th November 2010, 11:23 PM
then paasathalaivanukku paarattu vizha... esp. 3 stars lining up in the stage one by one singing praise & vivek's kavidhai mazhai.. all guilty pleasures..

& my collegue has become a fan for Jegathratchagan's speeches

Avadi to America
11th November 2010, 11:50 PM
Samsaram adhu minsaram

yes yes...karate mani - rajni rivarly was fun to watch

not vijayakumar... it is vijayan

Perhaps MGR's neethikiu thalai vanaungu may also fit the bill.....

jaiganes
12th November 2010, 12:57 AM
yes it is vijayan - not vijayakumar.
It was just b4 paayum puli days and karate obsession thanks to burus lee filims was at an all time high. karate mani made hay while a superior karate artist sheehan husseini missed the bus by just a couple of years - got wasted in some kavithalaya movies (Velaikkaaran, Punnagai mannan and unnai solli kutramillai).

hattori_hanzo
12th November 2010, 01:51 AM
Some disasters, washouts and superflop movies - those that were never talked about - especially the early movies of superstars. I like to see how bad it is and why they were'nt accepted by buplik - guilty pleasure :ashamed: . Maria My Darling, Un Kannil Neer Vazhindhal, Pagadai Pannirendu, Rajini's cowboy movies(there were 2 right?), - fall under this category, i believe.

I'd see Ishtar and Hudson Hawk too, someday.

Querida
12th November 2010, 02:08 AM
Visu movies and movies with Mohan and I mean any movie with Mohan not just "Mouna Raagam" and "Mella Thiranthathu Kathavu"... :oops: I always get pulled in by the songs and think the movie will live up to the beauty/genius of the music.. :oops:

My intro to Tamil movies were from the only two Tamil video cassettes we had, which I watched repeatedly over those years: "Uthaman" and"Ooty Varai Uravu" :oops: (at that time I could not make head or tail of the titles and just pleaded with Amma to watch "that Tamil movie Amma with the doctor!" "That Tamil movie...Ooty something":ashamed: other NT repeats that I've watched: "Karnan", "Rajapart Rangadurai" and "Bale Pandiya"

unabashedly anything with Kamal or by KB
The only Rajini movie I've watched repeatedly would be "Moondru Mudichu" ( i watched this with much terror, and not fully the first three times...it was only the fourth time I watched it properly)

Miss Kavya
12th November 2010, 03:23 AM
Some disasters, washouts and superflop movies - those that were never talked about - especially the early movies of superstars. I like to see how bad it is and why they were'nt accepted by buplik - guilty pleasure :ashamed: . Maria My Darling, Un Kannil Neer Vazhindhal, Pagadai Pannirendu, Rajini's cowboy movies(there were 2 right?), - fall under this category, i believe.

I'd see Ishtar and Hudson Hawk too, someday.

maria my darling 100 days
Unn Kannil Neer Vazhindal 75 days run
Thai Meethu Sathiyam - Cowboy - 100 days

groucho070
12th November 2010, 06:47 AM
Equa, fantastic definition. We shall stick to that.
Grouch,
how about Kal thoon? :oops:It was well accepted at that time, so it wouldn't be guilty pleasure unless you are a fan of those fellers playing NT's kids.
adhu Kovilpatti Veeralakshmi - Since Simran is there, it might be Groucho's guilty pleasure :noteeth: :angry2:
Most of the times i feel Such Professional reviews dont come out of heart. :roll:

Anyone ready to confess :noteeth:Happens. Athey VTV ketta ennathodutaan parten, to be fair. I am never a fan of Simbhu, much less Tirissa. But then, GM won me over and I liked it. Happened many time. Ennathan preconceived notion-oda partaalum, if the film is good, and wins me over, I write as it is. If honesty does not reflect in your writing, then you fail. But at the same time, if someone misreads your review, its not your fault. Happened when I wrote UPO review :( Ippo ellam reviews-ke reviews ezhuthuranggapa (usually comments sectionla)

hattori_hanzo
12th November 2010, 07:45 AM
maria my darling 100 days
Unn Kannil Neer Vazhindal 75 days run
Thai Meethu Sathiyam - Cowboy - 100 days

i had never heard of these movies till I saw them on TV/Internet & hence did not expect them to be hits. Not even the songs. They are'nt even as popular as these's superstar's other flops released during the same time.
btw, does this 100 days/75 days run prove that they were not BO disasters? Those were the times when a movie was called a hit only when it had a long run in not one but many theatres rite?

lord_labakudoss
13th November 2010, 07:44 PM
I feel guilty abt this bcos of what I DID NOT see:
That Diwali season, I watched Manithan 4 times, Uzhavan Magan 1 time and Nayagan zero times :oops:

I saw Nayagan only in its second run!

My only defense is my "Ariyaatha Paruvam" back then :lol:

m_karthik
13th November 2010, 09:07 PM
Chidambara Ragasiyam(1985) nu oru padam.. Visu, S.V. Shekar and Arun Pandian(debut)... Niraya peru parthu iruppaangalaanae enakku oru doubt.. Many Repeats in Raj Digital Plus.... romba pudikkum but yaennu therila.. :oops:

Jyothsna
13th November 2010, 09:27 PM
Chidambara Ragasiyam(1985) nu oru padam.. Visu, S.V. Shekar and Arun Pandian(debut)... Niraya peru parthu iruppaangalaanae enakku oru doubt.. Many Repeats in Raj Digital Plus.... romba pudikkum but yaennu therila.. :oops:

Oru sofa pinra patti ulavu paarkume antha padama?

Jyothsna
13th November 2010, 09:29 PM
padangal mattumthan podanuma.. captain tv parkkuradhe enakku oru guilty pleasurethan :lol:

//dig

HR ..
enakku romba naala oru sandegam... Ungalukku nejamave VK pidikkuma, illa chumma jolly ku support padringala

//

great
13th November 2010, 09:31 PM

S.V.Shekar with thick glass and where he would be framed as murderer? villan would be termed as black cat etc etc

Nerd
13th November 2010, 09:46 PM
Excellent candidate. I must have watched the first half about 30+ times and the entire film about 10+ times. Every time its shown on TV, I always watch it. I saw the first half last week as well.

Mythological films, anyone? No, not the famous ones like thiruvilaiyaadal, kanthan karunai etc. I don't seem to remember the names of these films but these are films with an episodic structure. Split into 7-8 episodes usually. Raj digital plus exclusives :-)

Thirumaran
13th November 2010, 09:54 PM

Anyone ready to confess :noteeth:Happens. Athey VTV ketta ennathodutaan parten, to be fair.

nalla vaela antha cinema va ethuvum pannaama vitteenga :|

Happens. Athey VTV ketta ennathodutaan parten, to be fair. I am never a fan of Simbhu, much less Tirissa. But then, GM won me over and I liked it. Happened many time. Ennathan preconceived notion-oda partaalum, if the film is good, and wins me over, I write as it is. If honesty does not reflect in your writing, then you fail. But at the same time, if someone misreads your review, its not your fault. Happened when I wrote UPO review :( Ippo ellam reviews-ke reviews ezhuthuranggapa (usually comments sectionla)

but ithanaala, normal aa paakura maathiri yaana padangal konjam rasikka mudiyaama poaga chance irukku illayaa ?

Thirumaran
13th November 2010, 09:56 PM

+1 ...

eppa paarka vaendi vanthaalum konjamaachum paarpaen :noteeth:

m_karthik
13th November 2010, 09:57 PM
Oru sofa pinra patti ulavu paarkume antha padama?

S.V.Shekar with thick glass and where he would be framed as murderer? villan would be termed as black cat etc etc

:yes: :D

raajarasigan
13th November 2010, 10:00 PM
black cat was spoofed in tamil padam as well..

m_karthik
13th November 2010, 10:06 PM
TM, Nerd really??? Do you have any reasons? I never expected that it was seen by many in hub... :shock: :thumbsup:

Thirumaran
13th November 2010, 10:09 PM

//dig

HR ..
enakku romba naala oru sandegam... Ungalukku nejamave VK pidikkuma, illa chumma jolly ku support padringala

//

My guess is...

Antha times la vanthavangalukku VK movies konjam pidikkum..
inga romba kindal panraangalae..naamaachchum defend pannalaamaennu aarambichchu konjam konjamaa ippa periya fan aakiduchchu..

HR thaan unmaya sollanum :roll:

raajarasigan
13th November 2010, 10:10 PM
TM, Nerd really??? Do you have any reasons? I never expected that it was seen by many in hub... :shock: :thumbsup: :huh: naanum paarthirukkene... appadi onnum athu rare film illaye...

HonestRaj
13th November 2010, 10:12 PM

//dig

HR ..

//

My guess is...

Antha times la vanthavangalukku VK movies konjam pidikkum..
inga romba kindal panraangalae..naamaachchum defend pannalaamaennu aarambichchu konjam konjamaa ippa periya fan aakiduchchu..

HR thaan unmaya sollanum :roll:

reply @ Head Quarters

Thirumaran
13th November 2010, 10:12 PM
TM, Nerd really??? Do you have any reasons? I never expected that it was seen by many in hub... :shock: :thumbsup:

Of course.. It would have been seen by many.. enakku Visu vum pidikkum S.V Sekar um pidikkum.. athuvum reason aa irukalaam..it was not a great movie.. but interstingaa irukkum :P

Jyothsna
13th November 2010, 10:13 PM
Idhayame Idhayame- Another RD+ exclusive.. Ithu Gulabi telugu padathoda dubbing nu nenaikkirean..

Jyothsna
13th November 2010, 10:14 PM
reply @ Head Quarters

Innum konjam theliva sollunga.. Head quarters na Koattaiya?!! :P

HonestRaj
13th November 2010, 10:15 PM
TM, Nerd really??? Do you have any reasons? I never expected that it was seen by many in hub... :shock: :thumbsup: :huh: naanum paarthirukkene... appadi onnum athu rare film illaye...

guilty pleasure --- namakku mattume pudichu maththavanga palarukkum pidikkadha padam.

<is this the real meaning of thread?>

Visu & Baghyaraj padangal ellam evergreen.. ever engaging... that too comedy in baghyaraj films all top class.. <eg: chinna veedu maapillai midukku kaattura idam.. both comedy & a reality>

Thirumaran
13th November 2010, 10:15 PM
Talking of Visu.. There is one movie.. Sakalakalaa sambanthi.. ithuvum naan TV la varumbothellaam konjamaachchum paarpaen... intha padam niraya paer paarthirukirathukaana chance kammi :roll:

Delhi Ganesh, Manorama, Kutti Padmini scenes were hilarious.. :P

HonestRaj
13th November 2010, 10:19 PM
reply @ Head Quarters

http://mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=14652&start=510

in another 30 mins

Jyothsna
13th November 2010, 10:20 PM
reply @ Head Quarters

in another 30 mins

Oh..ok. :)

omega
13th November 2010, 10:23 PM
reply @ Head Quarters

in another 30 mins

Epdilaam traffic create panraar paarunga.....Karumame kanaaha irukkum honest :clap:

raajarasigan
13th November 2010, 10:24 PM

guilty pleasure --- namakku mattume pudichu maththavanga palarukkum pidikkadha padam.

<is this the real meaning of thread?>
not necessary... indha maadhiri mokkai padangalaiyum naama rasichomaa illa rasikkaromannu irukka koodiya padangal... :)

ithula karuthu ottrumai irukkalam... for e.g. athula nerya per sonnathu Visu padangal than... :)

Thirumaran
13th November 2010, 10:24 PM
reply @ Head Quarters

in another 30 mins

Epdilaam traffic create panraar paarunga.....Karumame kanaaha irukkum honest :clap:

karumam karumam :x

Jyothsna
13th November 2010, 10:34 PM
Nerukku Ner - Intha padam vanthappo Surya na romba pidikkum..athanalaye intha padam neraya thadavai parthirukkean.

SOK- Yeanu theriyathu, romba pidikkum. 2 thadavai theatre la partha padam ithu onnuthan.. Bhoomika :notworthy:

Ullasam.

Thirumaran
13th November 2010, 10:37 PM
Nerukku Ner - Intha padam vanthappo Surya na romba pidikkum..athanalaye intha padam neraya thadavai parthirukkean.

ippadi sonna orae aal neethaan :roll:
Actually intha movie varathukku munnaala still paarthu niraya Paerukku Surya pidikkum.. But movie paarthu niraya paerukku buss nnu aagi poachchu.. Surya voada head udampula ottuna maathiri irukkum :oops:

Thirumaran
13th November 2010, 10:38 PM
SOK- Yeanu theriyathu, romba pidikkum. 2 thadavai theatre la partha padam ithu onnuthan.. Bhoomika :notworthy:

Ullasam.

Maddy intha padaththa evvlo support pannaar.. hmmm..athu oru kanaa kaalam :P

Jyothsna
13th November 2010, 10:39 PM

Actually intha movie varathukku munnaala still paarthu niraya Paerukku Surya pidikkum.. But movie paarthu niraya paerukku buss nnu aagi poachchu.. Surya voada head udampula ottuna maathiri irukkum :oops:

Correct than :), athum Manam virumputhe paatula oru step poduvare kashtam..

Thirumaran
13th November 2010, 10:40 PM

paakuravangalukku..

great
13th November 2010, 11:15 PM
Talking of Visu.. There is one movie.. Sakalakalaa sambanthi.. ithuvum naan TV la varumbothellaam konjamaachchum paarpaen... intha padam niraya paer paarthirukirathukaana chance kammi :roll:

Delhi Ganesh, Manorama, Kutti Padmini scenes were hilarious.. :P

Naan paathurukean

great
13th November 2010, 11:16 PM

first half is good.Mindless fun.

black cat was spoofed in tamil padam as well..

Exactly :)

ajithfederer
14th November 2010, 08:46 AM
Watching Naa Alludu (2005) for Shreya, Genelia and Ramya krishna. No body can beat this guilty pleasure :)

Thirumaran
14th November 2010, 08:51 AM
Watching Naa Alludu (2005) for Shreya, Genelia and Ramya krishna. No body can beat this guilty pleasure :)
:rotfl2: ithu goluty pleasure :noteeth:

Mahen
14th November 2010, 08:58 AM
Vikraman's Unnai ninaithu/unnaidathil ennai koduten/gokulam/vanathai pola...All had the same sentimental/feel good elements, but i enjoyed it :oops: but some of his dialogues sound funny now e.g kathal tape recorder mathiri illai etc-unnai ninaithu :oops: :D

ajithfederer
14th November 2010, 08:59 AM
Nooo.

Shreya - Dehradun
Genelia - Mangalore
Ramya - Tamilnadu

All india pleasure :).

Shreya Fans : Everybody of you have to watch this film :slurp:. Some dance mooooovvvv mentss ellam :shock: :P.

Dinesh84
14th November 2010, 11:03 AM
Suyamvaram (kinnas recaardu film)
Jaganmohini (of course for Jayamalini :mrgreen: )

hattori_hanzo
14th November 2010, 11:43 AM

Thiru... :lol:

Dhakshan
14th November 2010, 01:25 PM

paakuravangalukku..

:lol: Enna step-u :think: :mrgreen:

saradhaa_sn
14th November 2010, 02:26 PM
'கதாநாயகன்'

பாண்டியராஜன், எஸ்.வி.சேகரின் அமர்க்களமான காமெடி.

குறிப்பாக முதலாளி மலேசிய வாசுதேவனும், பயில்வான் ரெங்கநாதனும் பாண்டியராஜனையும், S.V.சேகரையும் சி.ஐ.டி.க்கள் என்று நினைத்து பதறி ஓடும் காட்சிகள்.

தன்னை B.Com Gold medalist என்று வர்ணித்துக்கொள்ளும் பாண்டியராஜன், ஒரு சாதாரண படகில் ஏறி ஒரே இரவில் துபாய்க்குப்போய் இறங்கிவிட முடியுமா என்ற பொது அறிவு கூட இல்லாமல் இருப்பது போன்ற அபத்தக்களஞ்சியங்கள் இருந்தபோதிலும், அவற்றையும் மீறி ரசிக்க வைத்த நகைச்சுவைக்காட்சிகள். இவற்றுக்காக திருப்பித்திருப்பி பார்த்த படம்.

Jyothsna
14th November 2010, 07:30 PM
Many Rajkiran movies..

Padam per nyabagam illai.. KR Vijaya, Sangeetha, Vadivelu ellam nadichathu..

En Raasavin manasile..

Thirumaran
14th November 2010, 07:46 PM
Many Rajkiran movies..

En Raasavin manasile..

ippa nee Aranmanai Kili padam K TV la paarthuttu vanthu thaanae post panra :P

Dhakshan
14th November 2010, 07:56 PM
Many Rajkiran movies..

En Raasavin manasile..

Andha padatha paathukittae thaane neenga inga vandhu kaekuringa...

Thirumaran
14th November 2010, 08:00 PM
Many Rajkiran movies..

En Raasavin manasile..

antha padam paarhtaa paravaa illayae.. en vootla sathyam padam oadittu irukku.. :rotfl: my child was watching for some time.. ippa tv mattum oaditae irukku :noteeth:

HonestRaj
14th November 2010, 10:33 PM
Many Rajkiran movies..

En Raasavin manasile..

ellamE en rasaathan ------ "oru santhana kaatukkulle"'nu asathalaana oru paadalai IR paadiyirupparu

HonestRaj
14th November 2010, 10:35 PM
nalla padangalum sollalaama?

--- inru pOi naalai vaa ----

Rocky89
14th November 2010, 10:35 PM
// Honestu, Anjana (?) DP super :P //

HonestRaj
14th November 2010, 10:37 PM
// Honestu, Anjana (?) DP super :P //

:yes:

Roshan
14th November 2010, 11:32 PM
Many pre-Nayagan kamal movies.. even recently "thaai illaamal naan illai" Tv-la pOttaanga - and I watched it till the end. OrE set'la muzhu padatheyum idhula mattumthaan paathirukkEn.

Vijay's kaNNukkuL nilavu - have watched it about 3-4 times and wudnt mind watching it again.

Recently saw a Nagarjuna-Nayantara movie on TV - pEr maRanthu pOchu but oru scene vidaama paarthEn. paarthathukku appuRam intha padatha ethukku paathEnnu muzhu naaLum yOsichu feel paNNaen.. :oops:

venkkiram
14th November 2010, 11:57 PM
'கதாநாயகன்'

பாண்டியராஜன், எஸ்.வி.சேகரின் அமர்க்களமான காமெடி.

குறிப்பாக முதலாளி மலேசிய வாசுதேவனும், பயில்வான் ரெங்கநாதனும் பாண்டியராஜனையும், S.V.சேகரையும் சி.ஐ.டி.க்கள் என்று நினைத்து பதறி ஓடும் காட்சிகள்.

தன்னை B.Com Gold medalist என்று வர்ணித்துக்கொள்ளும் பாண்டியராஜன், ஒரு சாதாரண படகில் ஏறி ஒரே இரவில் துபாய்க்குப்போய் இறங்கிவிட முடியுமா என்ற பொது அறிவு கூட இல்லாமல் இருப்பது போன்ற அபத்தக்களஞ்சியங்கள் இருந்தபோதிலும், அவற்றையும் மீறி ரசிக்க வைத்த நகைச்சுவைக்காட்சிகள். இவற்றுக்காக திருப்பித்திருப்பி பார்த்த படம்.ஒரு காட்சி இன்னமும் ஞாபகத்தில் இருக்கிறது. கொச்சினில் பாண்டியராஜன் எஸ்.எஸ்.சந்திரனை ஏற்கனவே தெரியும் என தன்னை அவரிடம் அடையாளப்படுத்திக்கொள்ள எஸ்.வி.சேகருடன் செல்வார்.

சந்திரன் : யாருப்பா நீ? உன்னை எனக்கு ஞாபகம் இல்லையே?
பா.ராஜன் : என்ன ஞாபகம் இல்ல? நாந்தாங்க சின்ன வயசில உங்க பக்கத்து வீடு! உங்களோட சோப்பு ஒரு வாட்டி கிணத்துல விழுந்த போது நான் எடுத்துக் கொடுத்தேன்..
சந்திரன் : ஓ! அவனா நீ! இப்ப ஞாபகம் வருது. சரி. நீ சோப்பு எடுத்துக்கொடுத்த. ஞாபகம் வருது. நீ யாருப்பா ( எஸ்.வி.சேகரைப் பார்த்து)
எஸ்.வி.சேகர் : என்னை ஞாபகம் இல்லை? நாந்தாங்க சோப்பு டப்பி எடுத்துக்கொடுத்தேன்.

groucho070
15th November 2010, 11:09 AM
Ennathan preconceived notion-oda partaalum, if the film is good, and wins me over, I write as it is.
but ithanaala, normal aa paakura maathiri yaana padangal konjam rasikka mudiyaama poaga chance irukku illayaa ?It's a curse, if you make attempt to find out more before the movie is released. Inggeye almost full script reveal pannidurangga, athukku meela almost no one is really neutral, anyone is a fan of somebody or have strong opinions about certain talents. It will affect, but end of the day the filmakers who do a good job can help erase the negative preconceptions and vice versa. More ejjample, Surya. Not a fan, lots of opinion about him, but really liked him in Aytha Ezhuttu and Ayyan :)

Saradha mdm, the original Malayalam version is a classic, the Tamizh remake is definitely a guilty pleasure since it's a poor remake, yet still have re-watchable qualities.

raajarasigan
15th November 2010, 02:55 PM
Thai Veedu - watched this movie for more than 5 times :oops:
Viduthalai
Maharasan

HonestRaj
15th November 2010, 10:47 PM
Many Rajkiran movies..

En Raasavin manasile..

alaipayudhe madhavan madhiri luvva solludana
aranmanai kili rajkiran madhiri sollittu vandhurukke.. :lol:

ajithfederer
16th November 2010, 02:41 AM
What about songs??

Guilty pleasure song: En uchimandai (vettaikaran) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8fgd7qi2T0&feature=related)

:musicsmile:. Need less to say anything specific about baby Anushkka.

littlemaster1982
16th November 2010, 09:09 AM
:goodidea: Probably a separate thread in Current Topics :roll:

HonestRaj
17th November 2010, 11:46 PM
yesterday I was watching parts of "nan pEsa ninaippadhellam"

never thought that Vikraman films will become so outdated.. it was unintentionally funny for most part.. except vivek's scenes & those were mokkai at its best..

vikraman mostly turns kumudham / ananda viktan jokes into comedy scenes

unintentional fun - 1. Ananda Babu's disco dance :rotfl3: :rotfl3: < u shud watch with friends who are good at commenting others > & his sentiment performance// oh my god.. damn funny.. even I commented, "dei vaanathai pola'vum konjam adhigama puzhinjalum indha alavukku mokkaiya irukkadhu"

u f -2:
Anand Babu was asked to come to the recording theater next day for singing <his first chance>
once he comes back home he takes his armoniya petti & starts composing few tunes & vivek, Mohini selects the most popular tune "yElelan kiLiye ennai thaalattum isaiye".. the point in this scene.. he is a singer & he will be going to sing which the MD allots to him.. then y he seriously composes a song :lol:

despite of all these Vikki had been in the industry for 20 yrs & was active for almost 12 yrs with some blockbusters

interz
19th November 2010, 03:43 AM
NEW, no doubt.

I like the movie, and have watched it several times.

Anbe Aaruyire is another movie with similar kind of presentation.

jinju
22nd November 2010, 09:15 PM
ah...super thread!

Mumbai Express: don't know whether this one classifies as 'guilty pleasure' but definitely popular opinion is not so kind on this one, so i think i'l include it. watched 6th time couple of days back on dvd, n this was the first time my wife too sat down to watch it, n she too was like "nallaa dhaan irukku, y so much bad opinion on this?!" Pasupathy as Mr. A n' Vaiyyapuri as Mr. C r total riots. feel pasupathy has never been better utilized as he has been in kamalji's 2 films.

Vedan:oops:: was bigtime into Sarath Kumar those days after Suryan so much so that i watched this 2 times in theatre itself, tho i remember this wasn't a good one as the former. recently watched it on KTV too...that "oru vedan vedan varugiraan' song was one of my favorites, still get goosebumps when i saw it! watched 'I Love India' too in the first few days of its release, but remember that was a torture, and that ended my love affair with the supreme star!

Marudhamalai: Mainly for Vadivel's comedy track. Arjun was not bad too. one of his better films in recent times i think. suraj, the director, has moved on to better times, deservedly too.

Coimbatore Maappilai, Vishnu, and the ilk:oops:: Cutting classes n watching some of Vijay's b-grade films was sort of an obsession. and we were a group then. possibly explains vijay's popularity in kerala. starved of a young actor who cud dance like a dream and fight well, all mixed with sanghvi jingcha, these films were our idea of entertainment at that age unfortunately. fortunately i grew up and moved on, but vijay doesn't seem to have!

Jana: Baasha reloaded, a disinterested Ajith doesn't seem to deter me from watching this shaji kailas movie whenever it comes on tv. yes, Ajith's presence is the only reason i can think of as an explanation. same with Aegan, like it better than the original jus coz of the lead actor.

so many more, will recollect n write.

littlemaster1982
22nd November 2010, 09:33 PM
Mumbai Express: Pasupathy as Mr. A n' Vaiyyapuri as Mr. C r total riots. feel pasupathy has never been better utilized as he has been in kamalji's 2 films.

Totally agree with this :thumbsup:

Plum
22nd November 2010, 11:08 PM
Sanghvi jingcha :lol:
Btw, vir sanghvi the journalist and sanghavi the actress

kid-glove
22nd November 2010, 11:12 PM
Mumbai Express: Pasupathy as Mr. A n' Vaiyyapuri as Mr. C r total riots. feel pasupathy has never been better utilized as he has been in kamalji's 2 films.

Agree with you guys that Pasupathy is a scene-stealer in Kamal's films. Well utilized in deed.

Btw not sure how many would have watched it, but Vijay Raaz is slightly better than Pasupathy in Hindi version.

P_R
22nd November 2010, 11:13 PM
Pashu sila pada idangaL-la frozen expression overacting maadhiri therinjudhu.

Perhaps heightened by the fact that I was not laughing.

HonestRaj
22nd November 2010, 11:34 PM

how is it?

http://www.dailythanthi.com/thanthiepaper/21112010/MDSG421248-M.jpg

jaiganes
22nd November 2010, 11:36 PM
Had the pleasure of watching Perarasu's thiruppathi *ing Ajith and Sadhaa. I watched till it got all serious with sister's delivery and all that sentimental s**t.
For all the cliches around hero establishment, hero heroine falling in love - everything was done in "dhamaal" perarasu style.... It was literally exploding every second and no dull moment at all.
The fantastic scene - I loved to the tilt was...
Livingston blabbering in live TV in a meeting about Pyramid Natarajan.
MSbaskar tells PN about a "koolippadai" in his hand @ a price of 10L.
Riyaz khan walks in and PN tells about his irritation with Livingstone.
Riyaz calls Ajith and PN scolds him as to why he is friends with Ajith a mere sound services man.
Cut to Ajith appearing in the live TV coverage beating up livingston and a few frantinc shaking of the live TV coverage which goes up in grainy rains and in a few seconds in PN's house as everybody wondering Ajith's speed, he is already dragging Livingston all in blood and clothes torn into PN's house..
MSBhaskar: enna speed, Anga inputtu inge outputtu!!

I have seen many loud moments in indian screen, but this is unbelievably entertaining...

hattori_hanzo
23rd November 2010, 02:48 PM

+1

unintentional fun - 1. Ananda Babu's disco dance :rotfl3: :rotfl3: < u shud watch with friends who are good at commenting others >

:lol: I am fortunate to have such velaikkey aavadha friends :)

Most of Anand Babu's steps start with a half-squat. My friend calls that Mutti Dance - Only Anand Babu and his father fossible(the latter, of course was versatile had much better skills). Apparam summa summa tharayila paduthuttu uruluvaaru.

jinju
23rd November 2010, 10:06 PM
Sanghvi jingcha :lol:
Btw, vir sanghvi the journalist and sanghavi the actress

oops, my bad! not that the spelling mattered then :lol: !

jinju
23rd November 2010, 10:14 PM

how is it?

http://www.dailythanthi.com/thanthiepaper/21112010/MDSG421248-M.jpg

HR, i think this is the dubbing of his malayalam film 'Vairam' which is based on a true incident that happened in kerala, of a father taking the law into his own hands to avenge the rape and murder of his teenage daughter. while the film was not so much of a commercial success, pasupathy's performance was lauded.

HonestRaj
23rd November 2010, 11:31 PM

+1

unintentional fun - 1. Ananda Babu's disco dance :rotfl3: :rotfl3: < u shud watch with friends who are good at commenting others >

:lol: I am fortunate to have such velaikkey aavadha friends :)

Most of Anand Babu's steps start with a half-squat. My friend calls that Mutti Dance - Only Anand Babu and his father fossible(the latter, of course was versatile had much better skills). Apparam summa summa tharayila paduthuttu uruluvaaru.

1 more comment about Anand babu...

andha kaalathula (90's) ivanthan ______ (referring to another actor).. paattula ellam thaniya aadittu irukkan..

MADDY
1st December 2010, 11:26 PM
Vikraman movies
Visu movies
ramanarayanan movies

Plum
2nd December 2010, 05:07 AM
Rama Narayanan moviesnA? Baby Shamili movies-nu explicitA sollunga ;-)
RN has a set of genres in his career
Puratchi Red genre
Amman pugazhai paada genre
Artist kadhai vasanam genre which often overlaps with 1
General masala
Lowbudget kaamedy

Baby shamili subgenre in amman padams

MADDY
2nd December 2010, 11:07 AM
oh, ofcourse, the puratchi Red genre and kadhai vasanam time - absolutely soaked in unreal sadness......plus comedies like viswanathan-ramamurthy(*) :D

*avaradhu dhaane?

Stiglitz
2nd December 2010, 07:19 PM
Samsaaram Adhu Minsaaram

Vettaikaaran

Pagal Nilavu - A Mani Rathnam Film! :shock: Just found that out a few days ago. :?

Stiglitz
2nd December 2010, 07:20 PM
Yanakkul Oruvan... Lot of ppl didn't like the movie. :? Beats me.... I thought it was quite good, considering the time it came out in..

A REALLY GOOD movie for a Spoof also Btw. :lol2:

rifath
3rd January 2011, 05:14 PM
yesterday I was watching parts of "nan pEsa ninaippadhellam"

never thought that Vikraman films will become so outdated.. it was unintentionally funny for most part.. except vivek's scenes & those were mokkai at its best..

unintentional fun - 1. Ananda Babu's disco dance :rotfl3: :rotfl3: < u shud watch with friends who are good at commenting others > & his sentiment performance// oh my god.. damn funny.. even I commented, "dei vaanathai pola'vum konjam adhigama puzhinjalum indha alavukku mokkaiya irukkadhu"

u f -2:
Anand Babu was asked to come to the recording theater next day for singing <his first chance>
once he comes back home he takes his armoniya petti & starts composing few tunes & vivek, Mohini selects the most popular tune "yElelan kiLiye ennai thaalattum isaiye".. the point in this scene.. he is a singer & he will be going to sing which the MD allots to him.. then y he seriously composes a song :lol:

despite of all these Vikki had been in the industry for 20 yrs & was active for almost 12 yrs with some blockbustersyes this movie was hilarious.in the climax he will get beated by police and then the villain of the film will be laughing in slo mo.then he will start singing.it is not neccesary at all. :lol:

Plum
3rd January 2011, 05:30 PM
.. he is a singer & he will be going to sing which the MD allots to him.. then y he seriously composes a song

In angaadi theru, Anjali and Mahes sing a song and dance around in the after-hours, when locked out in the store overnight.
(this is ok, a song sequence is a place holder in our movies so perfectly acceptable)
Next day, Mahes is humming "un pErai sollumbodhu" while speaking to marimuthu - ivLO composing thiRamai irukkaravanga En clip, hairband vikka pOyittAngannu theriyalai :lol:

rsubras
3rd January 2011, 06:42 PM
.. he is a singer & he will be going to sing which the MD allots to him.. then y he seriously composes a song

In angaadi theru, Anjali and Mahes sing a song and dance around in the after-hours, when locked out in the store overnight.
(this is ok, a song sequence is a place holder in our movies so perfectly acceptable)
Next day, Mahes is humming "un pErai sollumbodhu" while speaking to marimuthu - ivLO composing thiRamai irukkaravanga En clip, hairband vikka pOyittAngannu theriyalai :lol:

romba lam logic paarka koodathu... Anandha Vikatan had this comment in their review on Barathi Kannamma (by Cheran). Vijayakumar, soga Flashback la Vadivelu comedy scenes koodava yosichu paarthittu irupparu? [The film comes as Vijayakumar recollecting memories about his daughter and the circumstances in which she dies..... ]

Plum
3rd January 2011, 06:50 PM
rsubras, that is precisely the point. indha mAdhiri pazhakka paduththi vechurukkaradhAla dhAn, people complain about hEy ram that Kamal is there in all frames - goyyAla, avaru nenaichu pArkara flashbackla, ella framelaiyum avaru illAma pinnE vadivelu comedy sceneA irukkum?

Reg AT, ofcourse, it is not a big deal. But having put the mandatory song sequence, andha pAttai hero hum paNNarA mAdhiri kAmichadhu seemed like a over-enthusiastic attempt to me.

ajaybaskar
3rd January 2011, 06:53 PM
rsubras, that is precisely the point. indha mAdhiri pazhakka paduththi vechurukkaradhAla dhAn, people complain about hEy ram that Kamal is there in all frames - goyyAla, avaru nenaichu pArkara flashbackla, ella framelaiyum avaru illAma pinnE vadivelu comedy sceneA irukkum?

Krillin
3rd January 2011, 07:15 PM
Kandukondain Kandukondain - great story, great direction, great actors, great songs, great locations + one of the greatest climaxes of recent times :)

HonestRaj
4th January 2011, 12:08 AM
ARUL
- misfired action
- misfired sentiment
- misfired nativity establishment

despite of all these.. I like to watch this film whenever I get a chance..
last watched.. 2 days back while travelling in bus

HonestRaj
4th January 2011, 12:09 AM
& I remember, after seeing Arul's debacle Ghilli was released

Warden
4th January 2011, 12:34 AM
& I remember, after seeing Arul's debacle Ghilli was released
Ghilli April 17
Arul May 2

ilekani
4th January 2011, 03:50 AM
Mouna Ragam.

Well, it is not a favorite exactly, though I have it, and not guilty exactly but I feel obliged to mention that I am not a Mani Rathnam fan, owning it is not a reflection of my tastes per se, I'm not that kind of person... OK maybe a little bit guilty.

groucho070
4th January 2011, 08:10 AM
ilekani, remba confusion-o?

Adding to my list.

Billa, the Ajith version, which I admitted then that it was an improvement to Rajini's version.

I still watch it as I did recently when it was on TV. Still highly entertaining. Except maybe the last twenty minutes or so.

ilekani
4th January 2011, 01:06 PM
ilekani, remba confusion-o?

That was embarassment, not confusion. It was a difficult admission, now my reputation is now forever besmirched. :-)

groucho070
4th January 2011, 01:46 PM
And what reputation is that? People are more likely to jump on you if say Mouna Ragam can't hold candle next to upcoming blockbuster Oruthalai Kathal.

Mouna Ragam is one of those films that even the most hardened cynical revisionist critic would grudgingly admit is a fine motion picture. You are in a fine company. I am not a fan of Surya, but I don't mind watching Ayyan again, and I don't consider that a guilty pleasure at all.

VENKIRAJA
4th January 2011, 06:38 PM
sAsu
Hate JeyamR, Hate Genelia, Hate DSP, Hate Raja. Somehow all of this was tolerable. neRaya thadava pArkalAm.

raajarasigan
4th January 2011, 06:39 PM
Kandukondain Kandukondain - great story, great direction, great actors, great songs, great locations + one of the greatest climaxes of recent times :) :shock: nesamaava solreenga.... :shock:

sathya_1979
4th January 2011, 06:43 PM
sAsuHate JeyamR, Hate Genelia, Hate DSP, Hate Raja. Somehow all of this was tolerable. neRaya thadava pArkalAm.
edhO ketta vArththainu nenachEn!

VENKIRAJA
4th January 2011, 06:44 PM
sAsuHate JeyamR, Hate Genelia, Hate DSP, Hate Raja. Somehow all of this was tolerable. neRaya thadava pArkalAm.
edhO ketta vArththainu nenachEn!

Typo. SaSu.

Krillin
4th January 2011, 07:33 PM
Kandukondain Kandukondain - great story, great direction, great actors, great songs, great locations + one of the greatest climaxes of recent times :) :shock: nesamaava solreenga.... :shock:

whyyyy??? what wasn't great.... :shock:

AudazJay
5th January 2011, 07:56 AM

great story- ninge sense & sensibility ellam padikkilaya??
great direction- I disagree, Rajiv Menon may be considered as a good cinematographer but direction konjum weak than
great actors- mamoothy, ajith, tabu, and lakshmi were great actors whose talents were just plain wasted in the film
great songs- I agree :mrgreen: I agree I agree 8-)
great locations- :? ok I might agree at parts
greatest climaxes of recent times- I disagree whole-heartedly :evil:

Krillin
5th January 2011, 08:13 AM

great story- ninge sense & sensibility ellam padikkilaya??
great direction- I disagree, Rajiv Menon may be considered as a good cinematographer but direction konjum weak than
great actors- mamoothy, ajith, tabu, and lakshmi were great actors whose talents were just plain wasted in the film
great songs- I agree :mrgreen: I agree I agree 8-)
great locations- :? ok I might agree at parts
greatest climaxes of recent times- I disagree whole-heartedly :evil:

*Yes, but Rajiv Menon made it clear that the film was inspired form the book (and from the Ang Lee movie too, i guess).
*I don't think we can rush to the conclusion that he was weak as a director, he did two critically acclaimed movies and this one did succeed India wide whilst MK was big in the multiplexes. And plus, after all today's leading multiplex man, Gautham Menon is from his school of filmmaking after all.
*What was so wrong about roles? The charcter development of the 4 mains (barring Abbas) was such a relief in the ages of the Padayappas and the Vijaykanth starrers. And the secondary cast - Raghuvaran, Manivannan, Srividya, the grandfather all remain memorable (Lakshmi wasn't in the film ;) )
*Yes songs good - locations too - Karaikudi town and then Chennai city (with beautiful Scotland & Egypt there too)
*oh come on about the climax, surely you can't disagree whole-heartedly :P

AudazJay
5th January 2011, 08:20 AM
*What was so wrong about roles? The charcter development of the 4 mains (barring Abbas) was such a relief in the ages of the Padayappas and the Vijaykanth starrers. And the secondary cast - Raghuvaran, Manivannan, Srividya, the grandfather all remain memorable (Lakshmi wasn't in the film ;) )

My bad! I meant to say srividya, didn't know why lakshmi came into my mind :oops:

ilekani
5th January 2011, 09:58 AM
And what reputation is that? People are more likely to jump on you if say Mouna Ragam can't hold candle next to upcoming blockbuster

Thoothukudi was far better than Mouna Ragam.

MR is OK in its way, but the typical type who like it give me hives, and I wouldn't want to be mistaken for one of them.

raajarasigan
5th January 2011, 10:01 AM
Thoothukudi was far better than Mouna Ragam.
eh ?

Plum
5th January 2011, 10:03 AM
I think what ilekani is saying is mr lovers are peters in a way?

Vivasaayi
5th January 2011, 10:06 AM
mr lovers petera?

adapaavingalaa?

mohan is far from being heppy and peter - while karthik's role..WTF!!!!...Its one of the very few roles where the charecter is not heppy/peter and yet portrayed in a very trendy modern way (what does that mean?..whatever!!)

venkkiram
5th January 2011, 10:09 AM
*Yes, but Rajiv Menon made it clear that the film was inspired form the book (and from the Ang Lee movie too, i guess).
*I don't think we can rush to the conclusion that he was weak as a director, he did two critically acclaimed movies and this one did succeed India wide whilst MK was big in the multiplexes. And plus, after all today's leading multiplex man, Gautham Menon is from his school of filmmaking after all.
*Yes songs good - locations too - Karaikudi town and then Chennai city (with beautiful Scotland & Egypt there too)
*oh come on about the climax, surely you can't disagree whole-heartedly :Pபரவாயில்லையே! ரொம்ப நாளா இப்படி ஒரு நபரைத்தான் ஹப்பில் தேடிக்கொண்டிருந்தேன். க.கண்டுகொண்டேன் ஒரு சில குறைகள் அப்பட்டமாக தெரிந்தாலும், சிறப்பான ஒரு படைப்பே. சுஜாதாவின் வசனங்கள் - அவரோட படைப்பில் வரும் தாத்தா கடைசி வரை சொல்வதை யாருமே புரிந்து கொள்ளாத நிலையை அருமையாக இப்படத்தில் புகுத்தியிருப்பார். வாழ்ந்து கெட்ட குடும்பத்தை அழகாக படம் பிடித்துக் காட்டியிருக்கும் ராஜிவ் மேனன். தோல்வி, ஏமாற்றம் என்பதே பழகிப் போன ஒன்று என்ற நிலையில் தபு இப்படி பலவித கலவை க.கண்டுகொண்டேன். மம்முட்டி தோட்டத்தில் வளரும் ஆர்க்கிட் பூக்கள் போலவே படைப்பும் சிறப்பு.

raajarasigan
5th January 2011, 11:15 AM
Krillin,

Are you saying KK is a guilty pleasure movie for you? for me, it is neither likeable NOR a guilty pleasure. 8-)

Sid_316
5th January 2011, 05:26 PM
Vikram
Aalavandhan
Vijay's priyamudan :P

Parthyy
5th January 2011, 05:53 PM
viralukka eathha veekkam

never felt bored watched as many times thanks to vadivels silly gimmicks thoroughly enjoyable

P_R
5th January 2011, 07:01 PM
Actually all V Segar filims oru maadhiri paathuruvEn

Kaalam maari pOchu ellAm indha weekend kooda oru oru maNi nEram revise paNNEn :mrgreen: