PDA

View Full Version : An Artist on all surfaces, Mr. Effortless - Roger Federer

Pages : 1 2 [3]

ajithfederer
20th August 2012, 06:07 PM
Omegs, go easy he is just trollin (i think)

Kid, you are doing a bad job at strollin ;)

kid-glove
20th August 2012, 06:28 PM
I thought people would be more grateful that they didn't see sight of the Majorcan Beast in Hard court much. Already remba kevala paduthittaan Sicken. 'tha enna kala saraiyam oothuraaro Uncle Toni, vakkali.

But for the self-amusement. :lol2:

In indoors, Federer skews the hard court H-2-H.

Also this Yank-propagated aversion towards clay(relegated to only 'lesser' players, despite the South Americans, Central/East Europeans having more skill and technique than pure power serving of the North American and Oceanic Men) has been restored back by Nadal and restores back the European culture/pride back. The capitalist propaganda with faster/hard surface and in general, the bloom of 90's US players would continue to affect people. To me, conventional surfaces will always be Clay and Grass. Red and Green. They added blue of hard court, a very artificial phenomenon, but gives the complete contours of color and flavours the Sport deserves, so fair enough. But fastness alone contributing to greatness of sport is a fraud. Since we're on point of having slower surfaces, why don't we extend it to change of wooden to racquet strings as well? That Borg still survived and came out on top against s & v (the most astonishing achievement in Men's Tennis) in Wooden racquet era is the kind of evolution I'd like to see of s & v. Borg didn't possess the attuned equipment that likes of Rafa use to the maximal effect from the baseline, he must have been some specimen. Similarly as much as I'd love to see s & v brought back for Yank appeasement, I'm optimistic enough that a highly sophisticated s & v will emerge. Maybe the key is to fine tune a balance, still as professional tennis player, you only play on what's set for you. And to think that Nadal wouldn't have modified his game accordingly is again a revisionist theory. In fact, didn't JMac (an advocate and symbol for hard/faster/volley) explore this potential of Rafa? That he actually has the vision and tactical acumen to come at the 'right time' (something that doesn't seem natural for Federer when he faces Nadal, but very much so for Tsonga, utter consistency in winning points from the net and has the best GS s & v pwnage over Rafa).

The tactical manoeuvring in tempo, positional play and transitivity phases of tennis with vaster sample space of rallies, is enough 'justice'.

For a individual sport, to look past head to head completely and only base it on GS count to estimate relative greatness isn't compelling either.

Why Olympics is considered a criteria now? Because top players now see it as a major, is why. And the fact it's for your country, it's supposed to be a great honor. That US guys inoculated a callousness in its treatment doesn't mean it's the same for Europeans. :lol2:

Why Davis Cup is considered? All top players now consider it highly and compete regularly (for the key 5-set showdown, Rafa/Djoker/Federer DO compete here with utmost sincerity and commitment, it's for your country).

kid-glove
20th August 2012, 06:30 PM
Feddy,

It's to 'give trolling a bad name'. Get it right :lol2:

As for going easy, I like my stroll here. Yet to see a compelling argument. :(

ajithfederer
20th August 2012, 06:34 PM
Fast courts - Yank appeasement??. Seriously?. Those things have been there for years if i am not wrong.

Ok what's the theory for yet to win an ATP WTF/Tennis masters cup title?. Now that I've said it who knows he might win this year.

kid-glove
20th August 2012, 06:41 PM
To Europeans & South Americans, it will always be Wimbledon and French.

Post-global TV coverage, Yanks always had inkling to support tournaments where Pistol Pete's going to bully his opponents.

kid-glove
20th August 2012, 06:42 PM
Not a fan of Indoor TT tournaments. :( So can't give you an answer for WTF records and all sir.

ajithfederer
20th August 2012, 06:49 PM
How convenient :clap:

Tennis has not been in Olympics for like 64 years(1924-88) and once in 4 years it is a major eh??. If adding glory to your country is what it is over the years Roger has done more than Michael Phelps and Usain Bolt combined. Heck Spain didn't win Football gold this time adhaanala ?? :huh:

Davis Cup - People play that stuff for practice and whenever their schedule is free, afaik. Idhellam :fatigue:

kid-glove
20th August 2012, 06:52 PM
Again, re-read.

Traditionally Yanks will have to rely on their serve heavily and need the court as fast as possible. Agassi's origin not to be forgotten here.

One could still serve heavily but possess the fine art of coming to the net with vision, like the Europeans, in particular Becker and Edberg.

Compared to the yanks, the Australians have far better aesthetic quality in the nets. Rod Laver, Rafter.

JMac is an exception, leftie s & v and a great competitor to rival Borg. Didn't have many with that charisma.

ajithfederer
20th August 2012, 06:54 PM
He won like what?? One time :lol:. Even there you have to thank for Del p's injury.

2011, Nole steamrolled him. What a change within a year. Ada ponga sir. This is what Omega says as calling Injury when you are sure to lose.

I thought people would be more grateful that they didn't see sight of the Majorcan Beast in Hard court much. Already remba kevala paduthittaan Sicken. 'tha enna kala saraiyam oothuraaro Uncle Toni, vakkali.

kid-glove
20th August 2012, 06:55 PM
1. Football, under-23 restrictions is there, for Tennis, there are no restrictions. :lol2:

2. Davis Cup for practice, you sure it's not a Post-Samp/Agassi phenomenon? :lol2:

kid-glove
20th August 2012, 06:56 PM
That's right, Omeha tops Kevin Spacey of The Usual Suspects in Unreliable narrative.

All predictions of Nadal faking injury and ploy to return back for USO threw right back at the face.

ajithfederer
20th August 2012, 06:56 PM
Will be baack :wave:

kid-glove
20th August 2012, 06:58 PM
Dontchya run, I'm getting started. :poke:

Bala (Karthik)
20th August 2012, 07:33 PM
KG
Olympics and Davis Cup - :rotfl2: Aduthadhu enna? Udhayam colony vs Thangam flats? Saar, this is like Vadivel's kondai in Pokkiri. You shouldnt hide your Hoffa lou any longer :notthatway:

kid-glove
20th August 2012, 07:39 PM
“Olympic gold is a dream for me, maybe Davis Cup"

http://www.thehindu.com/sport/tennis/article3624358.ece

:poke:

kid-glove
20th August 2012, 07:41 PM
http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8681-Greatest-Tennis-Player-of-All-Time-Rafael-Nadal&p=546563&viewfull=1#post546563

Even the biggest Federer fan had conceded it before.

Bala (Karthik)
20th August 2012, 07:46 PM
Now this is getting ridiculous

“Olympic gold is a dream for me, maybe Davis Cup"

http://www.thehindu.com/sport/tennis/article3624358.ece

:poke:
So????? Adhu Kim idhukkum enna sammandham?

And your goal posts are amazing. Championship league greater than WC in football. Aana inga unga aalukkaaga Olympics/DC. How does it matter whether it's Fed's dream or not?

kid-glove
20th August 2012, 07:50 PM
CL >> WC because the best players play in CL. And where did I equate it to Udhayam colony vs Thangam flats like you have?

Tell me if all the fit top seeds weren't playing in Olympics. Again, whitewashing by Yanks, nothing more. Olymypics will turn into an equivalent of GS. Thanks to top seeds of today.

Debate, no platitudes like 'now this is getting ridiculous' please.

kid-glove
20th August 2012, 07:51 PM
Also, to me the CL is a major tournament, so is WC, but CL is greater. You have equated Olympics to mickey mouse tourney. Which is more convenient?

Bala (Karthik)
20th August 2012, 08:07 PM
To apply the nation argument on an individual sport while underplaying it for a team sport, IMHO is convenient. Mickey mouse because of your skewed emphasis on these events. Maybe more competitive than before but is not an argument clincher. Even if Roger had won it this year, wouldnt have changed much in the debate. Illa odane concede panniruppeengala?

Typing from a mobile. Let me try to understand the giant leap of faith on Borg/Nadal and respond tomorrow hfly

Bala (Karthik)
20th August 2012, 08:09 PM
And yeah, maybe I'm wrong but Im not sure I'll see a Federer beaming like that after losing a GS final

kid-glove
20th August 2012, 08:14 PM
Come on where did I say the 'national' interfere in terms of quality? For quality, top seeds. It's given more credence adn prestige it deserves because one represents the nation. I have said as much about World cup. That this prestige will never be topped by CL. All once in 4 years just elevates it. Same applies to Olympics. Let me know where I haven't been consistent here.

To me, CL/GS >> WC/Olympics, but now Olympics in Tennis is a huge ordeal. And it's second only to GS.

Gone are days when the US guys set a bad example (even JMac who has now jumped into the bandwagon) because of lack of huge sponsorship revenue.

As presupposed leap of faith on Borg/Nadal, my writing might have been contorted, but the point is pretty well made. And contrast to this generational s & v sophisticated regeneration that I'm optimistic about. Nothing much of a 'faith' here than 'fact'.

kid-glove
20th August 2012, 08:15 PM
Key here is that he immediately went in, to refresh and shower himself, saved us from a breakdown. But it's a blow. Then again, he still has a chance in 4 years time, but I expect Omeha to twist it and read it as he pleases.

vanchi
20th August 2012, 10:17 PM
fed superbu:smokesmirk:

single handed back hand agagah.

vanchi
20th August 2012, 10:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX7CcDIkMhE

Arvind Srinivasan
20th August 2012, 10:32 PM
The backhands were just out of the world...Absolute joy to watch....Already excited for the USO

vanchi
20th August 2012, 10:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNdZtkKPFhA&feature=fvwrel

:smokesmirk:

tamizharasan
20th August 2012, 10:50 PM
One thing you need to realize that Federer's backhand has been significantly improved because of the slow courts and for the reason all the players targeted at his backhand. For example Sampras did not need those because courts were fast. I also agree that Federer is the one player I can think off who could have played very well on all the eras with his current game but other need to improvise to suit their different eras though. As a matter of fact this is easily the worst era to play for Federer's game and we all know how well he is managing this era.

tamizharasan
20th August 2012, 11:57 PM
Federer has best tie-break record ever in the history.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Reliability-Zone/Reliability-Tie-Breakers-Career-List.aspx

omega
21st August 2012, 12:33 AM
If parameters are such that only RED & GREEN matters followed by 5 rings & ITF event, then I concede hands down Nadal is the best in the planet (ethukku vambu, galaxynu potturuvom)...

My parameters (as a tennis fan) are way different.

tamizharasan
21st August 2012, 02:34 AM
single handed backhand will become history in the near future. In future all courts will be converted into clay which will have less impact on the knees and also will have longest playing time possible.

ajithfederer
21st August 2012, 09:00 AM
:rotfl:..

Bala (Karthik)
21st August 2012, 05:45 PM
To me, CL/GS >> WC/Olympics, but now Olympics in Tennis is a huge ordeal. And it's second only to GS.

I haven't disagreed. Till now, it doesn't stand next to GS in the *checklist*. Yes, players' dream, great to have, competitive. Is it a main factor in our debate? I'm not convinced and the extreme reaction to relegate it to inter colony matches was because of the force with which you included this as a factor. I mean let's say Fed had won it this year, doesn't change much. I don't think you mean otherwise but just for the record, football WC is in a totally different league compared to Olympic tennis. Davis Cup, not convinced at all.

As presupposed leap of faith on Borg/Nadal, my writing might have been contorted, but the point is pretty well made. And contrast to this generational s & v sophisticated regeneration that I'm optimistic about. Nothing much of a 'faith' here than 'fact'.
Borg excelling in the era of wooden racquets and s/v is fine but i don't agree with your point about Nadal doing well in previous eras. [nee yaaru agree panrathukku, McE-ku theriyaadhadha nu kekka koodaadhu. I wouldn't be able to post anything in the hub otherwise! :lol: ]
I'm with TA on this. Fed doing this well in this era is quite something. Fast courts aren't only about big serves, right? What about finishing rallies with winners? Ungalukku long slow rallies la tactical acumen theriyidhu, but then winner-a irukkavendiyadhellaam fetch panni eduthutte irundha kaduppa irukku-num sollalaame?

Racquets vs courts: Having more powerful racquets - isn't it kind of an even change? Not rhetorical or a question to challenge you but i really want to know from you/Omeha/Feddy who i suppose have actually played a fair bit. Yes, it helped the big servers but as you have acknowledged, it has also helped the likes of Nadal right?

"Key here is that he immediately went in, to refresh and shower himself, saved us from a breakdown." -> Too much :lol:

Bala (Karthik)
21st August 2012, 05:47 PM
What happened to Steve_Austin? He used to post in the tennis threads right?

kid-glove
21st August 2012, 06:21 PM
Volleying with wooden racquets far easier than baseline passing shots. The current racquets are fine tuned for Nadal/Djokovic. Ask them to play in wooden racquets and hit a passing shot now.

Finishing rallies off a weak return off a powerful serve = boring for me.

I find Pistol Pete insufferably boring. A bully in a bullying era.

Question is balance. Balance Robots/Federer era to Goran/Sampras era, so that Rafter/Tsonga could be successful. :p Though this era is my preference, I see a sophisticaed form of s & v emerging.

tamizharasan
21st August 2012, 09:51 PM
Volleying with wooden racquets far easier than baseline passing shots. The current racquets are fine tuned for Nadal/Djokovic. Ask them to play in wooden racquets and hit a passing shot now.

Finishing rallies off a weak return off a powerful serve = boring for me.

I find Pistol Pete insufferably boring. A bully in a bullying era.

Question is balance. Balance Robots/Federer era to Goran/Sampras era, so that Rafter/Tsonga could be successful. :p Though this era is my preference, I see a sophisticaed form of s & v emerging.

My problem with this era is the differentiation of courts have been minimized. For example with Nadal's game he could have won several titles in clay courts in old era but the question is about the other courts such as wimbledon and fast hard courts. He might have got few hard court titles like lendl and mats wilander but wimbledon would have been a big question. Don't get me wrong, I am big admirer of Nadal though not a big fan of him. The same case goes to Djokovic also he could have done extremely well on hard courts and may be one title at french open. But wimbledon? not sure. These guys would have to change their game drastically to serve and volley to win those wimbledon tournaments and it is very difficult to adapt. But look at Federer he beat Sampras on his own game though he was past his prime and Federer too before his prime. He volleyed several times even in the last wimbledon and I too agree that Federer won French open without Nadal but he was second best player on clay for several year so single upset was all he needed to get the french open title.
As I said earlier sampras had mentioned that he would have never lost to double handed backhand players at wimbledon during his era. For example there is no way Nadal could have beaten Sampras during his era at wimbledon.
Courts are changed for a reason but let us accept the truth.
I am not declaring Federer is all time great but he is the one I think who could have adapted to any era better than other players I have seen. Because he simply has too many options. Look at what other great players have to say about him, then do your diligence and be objective rather than just Federer bashing.

ajithfederer
21st August 2012, 09:54 PM
I want Maddy to answer this.

. For example there is no way Nadal could have beaten Sampras during his era at wimbledon.

My primal grouse.

My problem with this era is the differentiation of courts have been minimized.

Very good post TA:clap:

kid-glove
21st August 2012, 10:14 PM
Maddy is a Pete fanatic, I heard.

I do not like Pete's game, but I do see him being destructive in 'his' era vs Nadal. But I also see Nadal hitting more direct baseline winners than 'safer' (in non-believer's terms, but for me, it's more tactical punctuations to how he finally finishes the rally) ones to mid court expecting a return, he's perfectly capable of that. Also my point of Nadal changing his attacking game also extends to coming more to the net, I remember the first time Nadal met Federer, the kid won all his net points. Federer already looked suspect in his vision in approaching the net. I always found Federer tactically weak in that regard and too much a blind spot, agitated, in approaching the net vs Rafa. Something that's not quite natural s & v to my mind. Of course, the volleying itself is natural, as are all his strokes, but the general acumen to s & v is slightly missing there. I'm not surprised he lost in further rounds after beating Pete in that Wimbeldon, and to Tim Henman (another player, like Rafter, who is more based on 'vision' in s & v than siding more towards power servers like Goran, no wonder Tim & Rafter never won the Wimby in that bullying era). Also another thing to turn on its head is the Pete vs Roger game, in fact, the difference, is Roger's passing shots. Sampras got found out in that aspect. Roger's the all-court man, any era. I certainly see him being a cross between Baseliner and s & v than any puristic prism, never much of a pure s & v..

Bala (Karthik)
21st August 2012, 10:40 PM
KG
Precisely the point (our point), that he is not a pure s/v, all rounder, which gives him the edge. Would have given him the edge. As for being circumspect in approaches/volleys, isn't that something you'd expect in this era? He is going to be tentative. There was an article posted here recently which made this point nicely

Also for the racquet, that's exactly the point I was trying to make and also find out/ascertain from you (when you asked "if you have a problem with the courts why don't you have a problem with the racquets too"). Racquet la oru vidhathula ellarukkum advantage dhaane? Having said that (as an extension of that) I do avknowledge the rise of the serve machines.
Court vishayathula oru style-a thaan favor pannudhu. Maybe I am refusing to come to terms with this "evolution"...

kid-glove
21st August 2012, 11:00 PM
2004/05 US hard court, how is it uniformly applied to this era? Of course, more the sample space better. But on isolation, I found the vision in his approaches flawed.

Wooden racquets advantages volleying more than passing shot. What I mean here is that we still got a Borg here. How fascinating is that !

Some modern era great will emerge for s & v. Someone with superior vision in net approaches. Think Tsonga vs Nadal Ozzie open 2008 but with more consistency.

I love my borrowed Boris Spassky quote, It is to Nadal's advantage that his opponents never know when he is suddenly going to play like Roger Federer.

venkkiram
21st August 2012, 11:08 PM
For example there is no way Nadal could have beaten Sampras during his era at wimbledon. ஒருத்தர் சொல்ற புள்ளிய வச்சிகிட்டே கோலம்போடும் கலை இது. நல்லாவே கோலம் போடுறிங்க. மதிப்பெண்கள் பத்துக்கு பத்து.

நடால் : பதினோரு கிரான்ட் ஸ்லாம் டைட்டில் (இதுல ஆறுமுறை எல்லா காலத்திலும் வெளையாடி வெற்றிபெறுவார் என்ற ஜோதிடம் கணிக்கும் ஃபெடரரை எதிர்த்து), ஐந்து ரன்னர்ஸ், ஒரு ஒலிம்பிக்.

This ongoing discussion here on single handed back end - double handed back end .. காசா பணமா.. நானும் கோலம் போடுறேன்.

Single handed back end - Sun appears in the WEST direction of sky in evening (due to cloudy atmosphere throughout the day time) - That does not mean that Sun rises from WEST.

Bala (Karthik)
21st August 2012, 11:10 PM
Wooden racquets advantages volleying more than passing shot. What I mean here is that we still got a Borg here. How fascinating is that !
I did get that KG. At the same time, serves would have been slower right, making the returns "easier"? Possible?

Your extension of that to this era, the emergence of an evolved "volleyer". The volley can at best be a pathoda onnu padhinonnu, perhaps (possibly more because of drops than approaches?)

tamizharasan
21st August 2012, 11:17 PM
K_G
How well do you think Roger serve and volleyed in this match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSIx60skGJM

kid-glove
21st August 2012, 11:19 PM
Generating return on the bounce ? Or to toss up and serve ?

I have played with wooden racquet, I found both straining. But you could serve it powerfully with a nice elevated toss. But returning is so frigging hard with limited head size. And the more force you apply to generate the speed, it's impossible.

Nowadays, it's far easier to return. Also forget Top spin that Nadal generates now, Borg generates with pure technique in gut strings of wooden racquets.

----------

Didn't Tsonga/Murray game in the Wimby show that serve & volleying off 1st AS WELL AS power 2nd serves could be great success. The first two sets were lost by Jo precisely for adjusting his body and returning from baseline. The success in last 2 sets that he had, was all because of the approaches. Not merely for 'drop shots'.

Did that vs Federer when he came back to win from 2 sets down.

I like Tsonga precisely for this reason. Never tamed, sacked the coach who would try to convert him in to a all-court man. Because it's insanely sophisticated in vision and intelligence to do 'bushido' s & v like Rafter/Becker, tactically. In this era especially.

kid-glove
21st August 2012, 11:21 PM
Tharasu,

I already said no pa? It was good, on par. But look how he is able to break Pete's serve? Do you think it's because of s & v skills, or because of his fantastic passing shots? Basically, I'm turning that on its head, and pointing out Pete's fallibility. And I don't want his era repeated.

tamizharasan
21st August 2012, 11:41 PM
Anyway K_G my point was just evolution. Federer would have evolved into one of the greatest serve and volleyer. Even now many experts consider him as the best volleyer ever in the game but not serve and volley. I agree that he does extremely well at the serve and volley at isolation and not when they are combined. May be you have a point here but it is his evolution responding to this era.

tamizharasan
21st August 2012, 11:42 PM
ஒருத்தர் சொல்ற புள்ளிய வச்சிகிட்டே கோலம்போடும் கலை இது. நல்லாவே கோலம் போடுறிங்க. மதிப்பெண்கள் பத்துக்கு பத்து.

நடால் : பதினோரு கிரான்ட் ஸ்லாம் டைட்டில் (இதுல ஆறுமுறை எல்லா காலத்திலும் வெளையாடி வெற்றிபெறுவார் என்ற ஜோதிடம் கணிக்கும் ஃபெடரரை எதிர்த்து), ஐந்து ரன்னர்ஸ், ஒரு ஒலிம்பிக்.

This ongoing discussion here on single handed back end - double handed back end .. காசா பணமா.. நானும் கோலம் போடுறேன்.

Single handed back end - Sun appears in the WEST direction of sky in evening (due to cloudy atmosphere throughout the day time) - That does not mean that Sun rises from WEST.

ithilirundhu neengal kooRa varum karuththu?

Bala (Karthik)
21st August 2012, 11:48 PM
Venki
Totally lost on that sun west line...

kid-glove
21st August 2012, 11:53 PM
He didn't evolve s & v, he's being all-courter. He's a bit like Fischer. Though I've known to be sceptic of both cases being categorized the GOAT. Heck, I even have doubts over Ali. As I do over Barca.

My point is that this conquest for Mikhail Tal (s & v) will be evolved and answered with a Garry Kasparov (enhanced/evolved s & v), when Karpov (Nadal) reigned post-Bobby Fischer (Federer).. Although Fischer-Karpov h-2-h never happened and rivalry did't materialize (it's divided who would have won, at least in Tennis, we have the answers), the analogy is valid, I think..

tamizharasan
21st August 2012, 11:55 PM
He didn't evolve s & v, he's being all-courter. He's a bit like Fischer. Though I've known to be sceptic of both cases being categorized the GOAT. Heck, I even have doubts over Ali. As I do over Barca.

My point is that this conquest for Mikhail Tal (s & v) will be evolved and answered with a Garry Kasparov (enhanced/evolved s & v), when Karpov (Nadal) reigned post-Bobby Fischer (Federer).. Although Fischer-Karpov h-2-h never happened and rivalry did't materialize (it's divided who would have won, at least in Tennis, we have the answers), the analogy is valid, I think..

sari vidunga. I understand your point here.

venkkiram
21st August 2012, 11:57 PM
Pete & Roger - were/are highly skilled in single handed back hand. That does not mean double handed back hand became inferior.
DHBH - provides a player more values/benefits than SHBH. For example, The prime weapon - DHBH helped Murray a lot in recent Olympic game against Federer..

tamizharasan
21st August 2012, 11:59 PM
Yes in these wimbledon courts. What about pre 2002 wimbledon courts?

kid-glove
22nd August 2012, 12:04 AM
Venki,

SHBH is a more puristic, natural, aesthetically superior, old-school stroke. I don't have problem with purists who prefer that. I know Sampras changed his from DHBH to SHBH, it's not like these players couldn't do it. It's their choice and one they find best suited to their style of play. The reach of OHBH is greater too.

Tsonga does both. But it's the impromptu one-handed BH that gives me 'high'. No doubt.

tamizharasan
22nd August 2012, 12:09 AM
Good article on single handed vs double handed backhand.

http://www.essentialtennisinstruction.com/one-handed-or-two-handed-backhand-what-is-your-preference/

Bala (Karthik)
22nd August 2012, 12:11 AM
Tsonga game romba paathadhilla. Noted...

kid-glove
22nd August 2012, 12:16 AM
Both DHBH/OHBH in same clip..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4Z-cJL94OU

kid-glove
22nd August 2012, 12:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwAmU7YY8nk

kid-glove
22nd August 2012, 12:17 AM
That moron commentator says he hasn't seen him play that before that year, :twisted: , pala varushama thambi velayadi irukkaan..

ajithfederer
22nd August 2012, 08:41 AM
:fatigue:

ஒருத்தர் சொல்ற புள்ளிய வச்சிகிட்டே கோலம்போடும் கலை இது. நல்லாவே கோலம் போடுறிங்க. மதிப்பெண்கள் பத்துக்கு பத்து.

venkkiram
22nd August 2012, 09:15 AM
Federer vs Tsonga WTF London 2011 Final Full Match HD !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4PEE2cYN6Wg#!

Watch this match ( first set itself enuf) to see the power of DHBH from Tsongo! Unbeatable! I never seen such kind of shots from SHBH.

ajithfederer
22nd August 2012, 09:18 AM
Venkki the talk about shbh/dhbh is which is more aesthetically pleasing to the eye!!. Nobody said DHBH is inferior.

ajithfederer
22nd August 2012, 09:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqVV_TL8668&feature=plcp

Omega have u seen this before...

venkkiram
22nd August 2012, 09:29 AM
Venkki the talk about shbh/dhbh is which is more aesthetically pleasing to the eye!!. Nobody said DHBH is inferior. ajithfederer, I too agree SHBH is more aesthetically pleasing to the eye. And DHBH is more powerful and less aesthetically pleasing to the eye!

ajithfederer
22nd August 2012, 09:35 AM
Thank u

venkkiram
22nd August 2012, 09:52 AM
Thank u Let us go further. In aesthetic context, who is the winner ? Federer and Henin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hxDfRvo-NA

venkkiram
22nd August 2012, 09:54 AM
I give the edge to Henin!

tamizharasan
22nd August 2012, 11:17 AM
I give the edge to Henin!
thanks for doing that.

kid-glove
22nd August 2012, 11:59 AM
I'll never get this. Or for that matter, Graf, W Sisters, Seles, being brought up in to Men's domain, even for aesthetic purposes.

omega
22nd August 2012, 03:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqVV_TL8668&feature=plcp

Omega have u seen this before...

Offcourse, I had watched the entire match live....
Yeah the famous toilet break (check the timing...:LOL:)

tamizharasan
22nd August 2012, 10:15 PM
Offcourse, I had watched the entire match live....
Yeah the famous toilet break (check the timing...:LOL:)
everything is fair in love and war and it is war.

ajithfederer
23rd August 2012, 07:32 PM
Roger Federer targets record sixth US Open
AFP | Aug 23, 2012, 06.46AM IST

NEW YORK: Roger Federer aims to cap his dramatic renaissance by becoming the first man in 87 years to win six US Open titles when the season's last Grand Slam event takes place from Monday.

World number one Federer currently has five New York wins, a mark he shares with US legends Pete Sampras and Jimmy Connors, an equal-best performance in the Open era.

But the last man to win six was Bill Tilden, who achieved the feat in the strictly amateur days of 1925 before finishing his career with seven in 1929.

Having just turned 31, Federer is back at world number one thanks to a record-equalling seventh Wimbledon title, his 17th Grand Slam trophy.

He was a silver medallist at the Olympics and has six tour titles in total this year, a statistic capped by a record fifth Cincinnati Masters last week where he swept past Novak Djokovic in the final.

Federer won his five straight US Open titles between 2004 and 2008 but missed the chance of a sixth in 2009 when he lost a five-set thriller to Argentina's Juan Martin del Potro.

Rafael Nadal, missing through injury this year, and Djokovic claimed the 2010 and 2011 editions.

"Even though I reached almost all my goals already this year by securing a medal, winning Wimbledon, and getting back to world No. 1, it's important for me to push forward," said Federer.

His record at the majors remains one of outstanding consistency -- he has reached the quarter-finals or better at 33 consecutive Grand Slam tournaments.

"It's a completely different atmosphere in New York. The pressure is going to be different," said Federer, who has scores to settle over the next two weeks.

Despite beating Djokovic in Cincinnati, to follow his win over the Serb in the semi-finals at Wimbledon, he is still pained by throwing away a two-sets to love lead and match point in the US Open semi-finals last year against the world number two.

Djokovic, the Australian Open winner and defending champion in New York, is hitting form at the right time -- his runner-up spot in Cincinnati came on the back of a Toronto Masters triumph seven days earlier.

The Serb, five years younger than Federer, is adamant that the key to beating the great Swiss is not to be cowed by his opponent's reputation.

"He has won everything that a tennis player can win and he's coming back for more. He has a lot of respect from me, from all the players. There is no question about it," said Djokovic.

"But we are all rivals, we are all opponents. I don't think about his history or his success or whatever too much when I'm on the court. I just want to win that match."

In the absence of seven-time French Open champion Nadal, who hasn't played since his shock second round exit at Wimbledon, Andy Murray will start as third seed.

The Scot won the Olympic gold medal, a triumph which helped ease his tearful defeat to Federer in the final at Wimbledon in July where he was the first Briton to reach the championship match in 74 years.

But he goes into the US Open, where he was runner-up to Federer in 2008, under a fitness cloud having withdrawn from Toronto after one match with a knee injury and then losing to French lucky loser Jeremy Chardy in his second match at Cincinnati.

"Sometimes I've won tournaments in the build-up (to a major) and it hasn't helped me," said 25-year-old Murray, shrugging off the setbacks.

Outside of the big three, the likes of David Ferrer, Del Potro and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga will be favoured to pounce in case of a slip-up.

Spanish world number five Ferrer, a semi-finalist at the French Open and quarter-finalist at the Australian Open and Wimbledon, has a best New York finish of the semi-finals in 2007.

World number eight Del Potro is still to back-up his 2009 US Open triumph after missing the 2010 season with a wrist injury.

Tsonga, the world number six, was a Wimbledon semi-finalist for a second successive year in July, made the last eight in New York in 2011, his best performance in four visits.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/tennis/top-stories/Roger-Federer-targets-record-sixth-US-Open/articleshow/15611405.cms

omega
24th August 2012, 06:21 AM
Possible opponents for Federer,

1R - Donald Young
2R - (Depends on who the qualifier is - Rasol maybe)
3R - Verdasco
4R - Fish
QF - Berdych/Sam Querry
SF - Murray/Tsonga/Raonic
F - Nole/DelP

May be this is where his QF streak @ GS tournaments is going to end

ajithfederer
24th August 2012, 02:09 PM
http://www.orkut.gmodules.com/gadgets/proxy?refresh=86400&container=orkut&gadgets=http%3A%2F%2Forkut.com%2Fimg.xml&url=https%3A%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2F-z3OpRcUhNYA%2FUDNW6W30fnI%2FAAAAAAAABwc%2Fg3QEEs83 Jpo%2Fs600%2Fnike-shoes-clothing-swiss-army-federer-small-61622.jpg

:lol:

ajithfederer
24th August 2012, 02:42 PM
http://www.orkut.gmodules.com/gadgets/proxy?refresh=86400&container=orkut&gadgets=http%3A%2F%2Forkut.com%2Fimg.xml&url=https%3A%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2F-tD_aHKu9c0w%2FUDY-S51zHgI%2FAAAAAAAAB5c%2F5f0uf92Xq8Q%2Fs618%2F33304 0_428558317190518_686308956_o%252520%2525281%25252 9.jpg

Federeraaaaa........ Cup-odaa Vaaa

http://www.orkut.gmodules.com/gadgets/proxy?refresh=86400&container=orkut&gadgets=http%3A%2F%2Forkut.com%2Fimg.xml&url=https%3A%2F%2Flh4.googleusercontent.com%2F-frdIsFiVaxY%2FUDY_m9S-QMI%2FAAAAAAAAB5Y%2FEZqtxFZccow%2Fs618%2F311779_43 3217013391315_1876052363_n.jpg

ajithfederer
24th August 2012, 02:44 PM
http://www.orkut.gmodules.com/gadgets/proxy?refresh=86400&container=orkut&gadgets=http%3A%2F%2Forkut.com%2Fimg.xml&url=https%3A%2F%2Flh3.googleusercontent.com%2F-8Tg0BdZof7Y%2FUDZPqnTOo7I%2FAAAAAAAAB5g%2FB7XNi3Gm yj0%2Fs580%2FNike_Tennis_New_York_Looks_Federer_2-up_13742.jpg

http://www.orkut.gmodules.com/gadgets/proxy?refresh=86400&container=orkut&gadgets=http%3A%2F%2Forkut.com%2Fimg.xml&url=https%3A%2F%2Flh3.googleusercontent.com%2F-BZ0exCfm1tk%2FUDZPuP5I2QI%2FAAAAAAAAB58%2FBY9nYPMH ZUc%2Fs640%2FNike_Zoom_Vapor_9_Tour_NIGHT_13718-copy.jpg

ajithfederer
24th August 2012, 02:48 PM
http://www.orkut.gmodules.com/gadgets/proxy?refresh=86400&container=orkut&gadgets=http%3A%2F%2Forkut.com%2Fimg.xml&url=https%3A%2F%2Flh3.googleusercontent.com%2F-ZkQXD38f7bk%2FUDY_I4gdAEI%2FAAAAAAAAB10%2Fx2Vq0CFW mOs%2Fs500%2Ftumblr_lqmcveB9gl1qksc64o1_500.gif

http://www.orkut.gmodules.com/gadgets/proxy?refresh=86400&container=orkut&gadgets=http%3A%2F%2Forkut.com%2Fimg.xml&url=https%3A%2F%2Flh6.googleusercontent.com%2F-m3I2FJYmFCw%2FUDY_sHD3rVI%2FAAAAAAAAB30%2FLgaqggSs IHE%2Fs600%2F405224_433051973407819_755778072_n.jp g

ajithfederer
24th August 2012, 02:56 PM
2nd round: Ayyo Rasol aa(Read like Ippo ramasamy-aa)

Djoke has Del potro in q/fs also if isner makes it through to semis his service will be tougher to beat in this fastest surface.

Possible opponents for Federer,

1R - Donald Young
2R - (Depends on who the qualifier is - Rasol maybe)
3R - Verdasco
4R - Fish
QF - Berdych/Sam Querry
SF - Murray/Tsonga/Raonic
F - Nole/DelP

May be this is where his QF streak @ GS tournaments is going to end

tamizharasan
24th August 2012, 07:27 PM
lot of statistical errors on the times of india article

Arvind Srinivasan
24th August 2012, 09:41 PM
Will be great if Federer wins this as well. Just feel he's got a tougher draw. Berdych, Verdasco, Fish can all be dangerous.

tamizharasan
24th August 2012, 09:52 PM
Federer gets the worst possible draw for a top seed. completely favors Djokovic because he has to beat only one out of the top three to get the title. Djokovic is clear favorite as per the book makers to win the title. Moreover there is no rest day between semi-final and final at us open so it favors him even more. So book makers placed odds as djokovic twice favorable compared with Federer to win the title.

VinodKumar's
24th August 2012, 09:54 PM
Lets hope for the best. If not Fed I want either Delp or Tsonga to win this.

svaisn
25th August 2012, 01:27 AM
Lets hope for the best. If not Fed I want either Delp or Tsonga to win this.

Yup... Delpo deserves another....
But I still hope Fed will pull it through.. The way he played Cincinatti I am sure he is with great confidence...

VinodKumar's
25th August 2012, 01:40 AM
It depends oh how easily he gets through the initial rounds. From the Draw I think he will have to at least play 4 sets in each match from 3rd round. Remember how he was tired in French open. Verdasco , Fish , Bredych ellorumae kasa kasanu prachanaya kudupaanunga :twisted:.

VinodKumar's
25th August 2012, 02:29 AM
Read this when I was reading through some of the older Federer articles. This was written in june 2011 just before a month from Roger winning Wimbledon and got back to # 1 position. I don't know where this guy keeps his face now. May be behind two greater GOATS.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/06/11/rafael-nadal-novak-djokovic-and-tennis-s-global-game-at-the-french-open.html

ajithfederer
25th August 2012, 11:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFW4kgu-V3s

Lindt LINDOR Truffles and Roger Federer "Lost" TV Commercial -- Extended Cut

While the first airport commercial was bad, this one is good. The two gals are playin with Roger :lol:

ajithfederer
25th August 2012, 12:14 PM
http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/RAAAAL6N_EG4TSviVRH2jlCw82vIfZXfWl9uYrNVHdZswP8VSd 8HpaaD-EU-YERWfSstKMTKTtKxSfLmi_lqPKvK2n995Oy7Lwk3_4e3yhTzcu o4AJtU9VB3T1utRmMZYq_Q1VRIGKmbc08f9w.jpg

Paul Annacone, Severin Lüthi, Roger Federer, Tony Godsick, Stephane Vivier, Nick Annacone. (From left to right)

VinodKumar's
25th August 2012, 12:52 PM
:lol:. Thanks for sharing that video stan.

ajithfederer
25th August 2012, 01:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBrbcMze3CQ&feature=channel&list=UL

Look at the speed in this court :bow:. Bloody ATP I ought a sue you if i were a lawyer.

ajithfederer
25th August 2012, 01:14 PM
Full h/l from the above match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z24imRYGL8

ajithfederer
25th August 2012, 01:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ErI_6xSyGc&feature=related

Interview with jim courier after that match. :lol:

Arvind Srinivasan
26th August 2012, 06:02 AM
Full h/l from the above match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z24imRYGL8

Sheer genius...:bow:...Thanks for sharing, AF

ajithfederer
26th August 2012, 11:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QytYunxYzA4&feature=g-all-lik

FEDERER HITTING ON LOUIS ARMSTRONG USOPEN2012

ajithfederer
26th August 2012, 11:52 AM
FEDERER: FROM 'SHAKEN' TO SELF-ASSURED
What a difference a year makes. Roger Federer shared Saturday that his confidence was a bit shaken entering the 2011 US Open, but stated that he felt self-assured entering his 2012 campaign.

“I think I felt good last year, but probably felt that maybe at times the matches were not always in my racquet, whereas maybe this time around I feel like if I'm playing well I can dictate who's going to win or lose,” he said. “It's going to take something special from my opponent to win. That's kind of how it feels right now.”

In 2011, his summer campaign included losses to a No. 16-ranked Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Canada and to a ninth-ranked Tomas Berdych in Cincinnati. “That's the kind of guys you definitely want to beat to give yourself the chance to the [No.] 1 and [No.] 4 ranked guys,” he elaborated. “If you start losing to those guys all too often that will play tricks on your mind how are you then going to beat the best, even though it's not really related. So maybe I did come into the US Open with a few losses that already maybe shook me up a little bit.”

This time around, Federer enters on a five-match winning streak after capturing a record-tying 21st ATP World Tour Masters 1000 title last week in Cincinnati. He also returns to Flushing Meadows as the World No. 1 following his Wimbledon triumph in July, and is guaranteed to hold onto the top spot in the South African Airways ATP Rankings after the US Open regardless of his result in New York.

“I'm just happy how I'm playing,” said the Swiss. “I already reached my goal for the year becoming World No. 1 and getting Wimbledon again and getting a medal for Switzerland. It's been incredible. But I do have this one left for me this year where I really, really want to do well, and I couldn't be more happy returning here as No. 1. It's super exciting.”

Federer won five straight US Open titles between 2004-08, but has since finished runner-up to Juan Martin del Potro in 2009 and bowed out in the semi-finals against Novak Djokovic the past two years after holding match points each time.

His defeat to Djokovic in 2011, however, sparked a 17-0 finish to the year. Including his three titles to conclude 2011, he was won nine total since last year’s US Open.

“I took some time to assess the situation and how should I move forward,” said Federer. “And then of course it was great to start off with a win in Basel last year in my hometown. Then the rest we know. So it's been a great last 12 months.

“I was able to stay injury free. I always did believe that if things turned for the better for me I was always going to be very near to World No. 1. I wasn't far off, but I couldn't plan on Novak going on a 40 match winning streak or Rafa going for almost four Grand Slams in a row, as well. Other guys also have their part to play in it. It's not only up to purely myself. That's where you have to be patient sometimes and just keep working hard and believing that what you're doing is the right thing as well.”

The 31 year old will play his first match against 23-year-old American Donald Young, who reached the fourth round last year in Flushing Meadows. Young has a 2-20 match record in 2012.

“I will take it one match at a time,” said Federer. “There's no doubt about that. I will never ever underestimate an opponent ever again. I did that enough when I was a teenager. Those times are long gone.

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interviews/2012-08-25/201208251345928881885.html

ajithfederer
26th August 2012, 12:02 PM
Q. Both McEnroe and Agassi said in the World Team Tennis match this July that tennis right now at the top, men's tennis is the toughest ever. Do you think you four guys are the toughest maybe in history in terms of competing against each other and winning events?

ROGER FEDERER: I'd say no, but I don't know. Just because you look back maybe 15 years, then you have Sampras, Edberg, Becker, and Agassi, I don't know who else. Those guys weren't good or what? Do you know what I mean? You look back, further back, 20 years, and you have the Connors and the Lendls. Those weren't good either? I mean, I don't know. So for me I think that's respectful. It's just different times and definitely more athletic, there's no doubt about that. But then again we don't play doubles. We don't play mixed. Maybe we play less matches today because it's more taxing, but we do play less best‑of‑five set tennis than they used to play. You can't compare really, but we have somewhat of a golden era right now. I feel that truly. It's nice to see Andy making his move at the Olympics, nice to see Novak having an absolutely ridiculous year last year, and then Rafa and myself still being around. It's definitely good times. Past that you still have great champions as well. It's very interesting at the top right now, and the depth I think has never been greater than right now. There's no doubt about that. But then best ever? The four of us? That's a really difficult call.

tamizharasan
27th August 2012, 01:53 AM
Pictures of Federer's 17 grandslams.

ajithfederer
27th August 2012, 10:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ926vYhSNg&feature=g-all-lik

Roger Federer Interview - Post Wimbledon 2012 Final (With Boris Becker & Greg Rusedski)

This interview with Roger Federer, Mens Wimbledon Tennis Champion 2012, was recorded in the evening of the 8th July 2012 as part of the "Today at Wimbledon" programme on BBC2.

ajithfederer
27th August 2012, 02:15 PM
Federer on Tennis and Everything Else

Roger Federer is the No. 1 seed at the U.S. Open.

Roger Federer, the world’s No. 1 tennis player, spoke with The Wall Street Journal on Saturday before the start of the U.S. Open.

All great players seem to have this period in their careers where they hate tennis, or struggle with being No. 1. You always seem happy. How is this?

For me, it was always exciting being around the top. It doesn’t matter if it was top 10, or five or three or one. For me, the fact never changed that I love being in that position.

For me, the hard part I guess is why I embrace No. 1 so much. It’s because I had a hard time in the beginning. I remember, I almost have to apologize for this: I won the Orange Bowl back in 1998, came to Miami and got the wild card into the Masters 1000, the Super 9 back then. I got on court and I was like, ‘I hate this sport, I cannot play.’ And I lost like 7-5, 7-6, and I was not even trying. And I would go through such fluctuations of emotions. I hated practice, couldn’t stand some matches: ‘Oh my god, look at this guy, he only rolls the ball into play, or he only goes for broke, I can’t stand this, today I’m not in the mood.’ So I think I went through all of that so much early on. That I think this is why I’m happy.

I was talented. People were going to say I was going to be world No. 1 and a Grand Slam champion or a future Sampras — fine. But having to deal with all of it and actually crumbling under the pressure was good for me. That’s why I’m so impressed by the Novaks and the Murrays and the Nadals. I don’t really remember any long letdowns. Maybe they had them when they were younger — I don’t remember them that much — but they were such great teenagers. I did [well] too, but either I was great, or I was awful. So for me, being No. 1 is like, how can you not enjoy this?

Was that just being young and immature?

Maybe I also had an ideal of, it’s always going to be center court, it’s always going to be 50,000 people and you’re always going to win.

So you expected things to come easily…

And they don’t at all. There’s a lot of hard work behind that.

You’ve had some tough losses in the last few years: two against Djokovic here with match points, another at Wimbledon against Tsonga when you were up two sets. You seem to put those behind you pretty easily. How?

For me, the last thing I want to happen is that it drains me. Today, someone asked me, ‘Do you have to win the U.S. Open to put the Olympic disappointment behind you?’ I was like, ‘Are you for real?’ The Olympic disappointment? I’m so happy I got the medal. I genuinely believe it was the best result I could have done, Murray was better than me, that’s it, boom, I go on vacation, take a few days off, pack for another few months on tour and it’s behind me. And I look back with incredible pride having gotten the medal for Switzerland and an amazing summer.

Let’s not kid ourselves: I’m doing just fine. I’m doing great right now. Let’s not go into the whole negative part. I’m a very positive thinker, and I think that is what helps me the most in those difficult moments.

Is that something you’ve had to learn to do, or have you always been that way?

I think it comes naturally, but it’s important also to be realistic at times — not just say everything is great. Not everything is great always, I’m aware of that. And that’s why I have to question myself at the best of times. I question myself when things are not going so great. I question myself: ‘How could we do better planning, practice, vacationing, organization? What can be improved?’ Without being nuts about it, but there’s always little things you can improve. In some ways, you have to be almost a perfectionist a little bit, and I try to be that, but in a natural way and not a crazy, thought-through way.

Your health has been incredible over the years. You hear some players say it’s a gift, just how you are, graceful and all. How much is that and how much is hard work?

That’s just not true. No doubt about it, maybe a little luck in the beginning of a career. I saw a girl today, her foot buckled, and just like that you might have to have reconstruction and who knows how your career’s going to end up then. I think you need a little bit of luck when you’re an amateur and still unprofessional, really, or just trying to do it, because maybe that can lead to more injuries later on in your life. But I think 80% of the guys don’t have that happening to them.

And then it’s about dealing with how much energy do you have, how do you practice, who do you surround yourself with — all these things come into play. How much you listen to your body, can you say no to certain money offers that are going to carry you throughout the world to make you go I-don’t-know-where to play, which you shouldn’t be doing. I’ve never had a problem saying no. I’ve left so much stuff on the table, it’s mind boggling. But I just said, ‘I am looking at the long term.’ If you look at the short term, you will make mistakes. I said, ‘I have to have short-term goals, but I’m looking at the long-term plan, and that has served me really well over the years.’

How did you come to manage playing and doing what it takes to be you while having twin daughters?

Learn by doing, great wife, great set up — just trying to deal with it as well as you can, seeing if you can combine the two together. Is it better for Mirka to stay home or not? That was a big question for a long period of time. The moment they don’t feel well, you think you’ve done something awfully wrong, but it’s normal for kids to get sick. But we blame it maybe on other things: ‘How could that happen? We tried everything to not make it happen.’ But it’s just normal, and of course you panic, of course you try to manage it.

Of course it’s cost me a lot of sleep, and maybe because of those times, maybe I did lose the occasional match more. But who cares? Who cares? I tried, and I’m still playing great. I’m playing much better than I thought I would — other guys are in their prime right now, and I’m world No. 1, so I guess I did some things right.

Now here I am. I have two wonderful kids, an incredible wife and it’s just great. I feel very fortunate that I’m going through this part of my life now, that I can enjoy it so much more. It’s not just only about hitting forehands and backhands.

Would you and Mirka like to have more kids?

I was so happy when we had two right at once. I couldn’t believe it that it was twins. I guess it was a shock, but it was a positive one. I was like, ‘Wow, I don’t know much about twins, honestly,’ so you’re like, what does that mean? How are they going to be? And now I see how they play together, it’s just the best. So now we’ll see how it goes. Probably talk about it again next year, see how things are. We wanted to get them out of the nappies. Now finally it’s calming down, it seems like.

Have they picked up rackets yet?

Yeah, but nothing significant. I just hope they get into sports eventually. I think that’d be great. It’s a great lifestyle — a good learning process.

How much does Mirka sacrifice to make all this happen?

It’s all me for her. I admire her every day that she is willing to do this. I tell her, ‘I think you should take a week here or a week there, take care of yourself a bit more, because you are putting in an incredible amount of work here.’ But she says, ‘Look, I’m not happy when you’re not around.’ And that’s as good as it gets for me, and I’m obviously also not the same person when she and the kids are not around. So we try to manage it. It’s good to have a balance. We try to make it work that we have time by ourselves, time with the family, time with our friends in this busy, busy life that we live.

How much have you been apart?

The last three years, maybe three weeks, maybe four? Really not much, so I consider myself so, so fortunate that that’s the case. And of course that we have the means to make it work with the girls, so I’m happy and feel fortunate.

What goals are left for you?

In tennis there’s many things you want to do again and achieve, and play for as long as you can. Maybe do something you’ve never done before. I don’t know what that could be right now, but maybe there’s things like that.

And then as excited as I am about what’s to come in the next five years, say, of tennis, I’m just as excited about what’s to come afterward. I think the mix is really a good one for me right now. I’m not worried to stop, but I don’t want to stop. I really want to push forward and play more, keep on playing, not play more than the 21 tournaments that I’m already doing, just maintaining it and enjoying it, doing the utmost I can. It’s a really good time in my life right now.

And it feels like also the media room has calmed down a little bit where it’s not like, ‘When are you going to leave? You’ve achieved everything, get out,’ that kind of thing. I feel like many people now want to see me. I always knew it would kind of come around, and I think actually maybe the next few years are going to be more enjoyable than the last couple.

What is the plan after this? Are you going to, say, play doubles until age 39?

No, no, no, no. I guess, when you’re done, you’re done.

I think it’s nice that we have a senior tour in place, not that I want to play that, but I think it’s nice for the afterlife to have a little slight option if you want to do that a little bit from time to time to see your old buddies that you saw on tour so often — that’s nice.

But I’ve always been interested in some sort of a business. I signed many long-term deals as well with my great partners I have, so that’s going to continue. I’ll have more time for my foundation, and the kids are going to go to school eventually. It depends on how flexible we are for the traveling part still. I can never sit still with my wife and my kids, but it’s nice also to settle a little bit eventually. So I’m definitely looking forward to that, growing up in Switzerland, having a really nice time over there.

What advice would you give to someone who is trying to be you? A 15- or 16-year-old, coming up in tennis?

Hard work will be rewarded, number one. Number two, you’re going to have your ups and downs, like I explained. Learn from those. Number three, love what you’re doing, feel fortunate that you actually do have the opportunity to do what you’re doing, because many other players, people, kids would like to be in your situation. Don’t forget how fortunate you really are. And then just really enjoy, go out there and have fun. Have a blast.

http://blogs.wsj.com/dailyfix/2012/08/26/federer-on-tennis-and-everything-else/?mod=WSJBlog&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+wsj%2Fdailyfix%2Ffeed+%28WSJ. com%3A+The+Daily+Fix%29

ajithfederer
31st August 2012, 11:22 AM
USO 2012 - 2nd Round

Roger Federer def Bjorn Phau 6-2, 6-3, 6-2

ajithfederer
31st August 2012, 08:12 PM
Federer will be facing Verdasco in Rd3 :shock:

Omega/Vinod watching the matches at all?. I didn't catch both the rounds. If he succeeds his next rd opponent could be giles simon/mardy fish.

omega
31st August 2012, 09:03 PM
I never miss Roger's matches. Both his matches so far have been very scratchy. 2nd round againt Phau was little better, but I think he is not pushing too much in the earlier rounds. Rightly so, with tougher matches ahead he would need every bit of his energy to get thru'.

I don't think Verdasco will create much of problem in the 3rd match. But yes who knows, anything can happen.

With Super Saturday @ USO I don't think Roger will be able to win the title, if he had to meet Murray & Nole back to back in two days.
If he gets thru' to Finals, I expect Nole to beat him quite easily.

VinodKumar's
31st August 2012, 09:59 PM
Couldn't watch the entire match yesterday. As omega said both of the matches have been scratchy. I too hope that he just took the initial rounds easy.

Verdasco , Fish , Bedrych , Murray and Nole --> US open :fatigue:

tamizharasan
31st August 2012, 10:15 PM
I never miss Roger's matches. Both his matches so far have been very scratchy. 2nd round againt Phau was little better, but I think he is not pushing too much in the earlier rounds. Rightly so, with tougher matches ahead he would need every bit of his energy to get thru'.

I don't think Verdasco will create much of problem in the 3rd match. But yes who knows, anything can happen.

With Super Saturday @ USO I don't think Roger will be able to win the title, if he had to meet Murray & Nole back to back in two days.

yes. Djokovic is clear favorite to win this title whatever way you look at it. As I said earlier chances for djokovic winning this is almost twice that of Federer as per the book makers.

Arvind Srinivasan
1st September 2012, 05:27 AM

ROger seems to be unhappy about something from what i saw. Not his regular free flowing self. Has to get to form if he wants to sustain.

ajithfederer
2nd September 2012, 12:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1SzR5h_ESY&feature=channel&list=UL

US OPEN 2012 R2 Federer Vs Phau Highlights [HQ]

ajithfederer
2nd September 2012, 12:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nOChPz8qnU&feature=BFa&list=ULI1SzR5h_ESY

US Open 2012 R3 Federer Vs Verdasco Highlights

ajithfederer
3rd September 2012, 09:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VieTNRLpSCc&feature=g-all-u

US Open 2012 R3 Federer Vs Verdasco Highlights [HD] - Great clarity.

ajithfederer
3rd September 2012, 09:57 AM
http://usta.usopen.org/US-Open/individual_tickets/

Vinod tickets are available for 4th round, qf's and semis of men's singles says USO website. Check them out/

http://assets.usta.com/assets/629/15/USO-2012-Ticket-Availability-Graphic-2_7-26-12.gif

http://assets.usta.com/assets/629/15/USO_individualtickets3waystobuy_62112.jpg

ajithfederer
4th September 2012, 12:32 PM
http://www.orkut.gmodules.com/gadgets/proxy?refresh=86400&container=orkut&gadgets=http%3A%2F%2Forkut.com%2Fimg.xml&url=https%3A%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2F-w4WlqpsiUsY%2FUETrK7_FMfI%2FAAAAAAAACD0%2Fff9309TT owc%2Fs500%2F418785_437161212996895_1988860585_n.j pg

There are very good chances to reach 300 weeks as No1.

VinodKumar's
5th September 2012, 03:18 AM
Thanks for the tickets information Stan. Unfortunately I cannot go as this long weekend added lot of official stuffs on my plate.Hope I watch Roger winning the title in TV :).

VinodKumar's
5th September 2012, 03:19 AM
There are very good chances to reach 300 weeks as No1.

Yes. I am sure this record will not be in threat at least for a decade :). Now I want him to get few more GS titles before he retires :).

ajithfederer
5th September 2012, 11:40 AM
Try your luck today. There are a lot of good matches ;). I would have definitely gone today if i was there.

P.S: Didn't watch any single Federer match live and I am quite sure I won't be able to watch the Q/F match live. This is the first such instance since USO 2004 that I am missing USO matches on live TV.

Thanks for the tickets information Stan. Unfortunately I cannot go as this long weekend added lot of official stuffs on my plate.Hope I watch Roger winning the title in TV :).

ajithfederer
6th September 2012, 12:07 PM
Thank God i didn't witness the massacre in my favorite slam. oRKUTEERS are saying that the serve was very poor. Had no rythm and the break didn't help either. I for one have always been screaming that if roger has to work on something it has to be getting his serve rigorously correct.

This year he is scheduled to play in Shanghai, Basel, Paris and WTF. Hope he wins one or two titles here.

omega
6th September 2012, 06:11 PM
Thank God i didn't witness the massacre in my favorite slam. oRKUTEERS are saying that the serve was very poor. Had no rythm and the break didn't help either. I for one have always been screaming that if roger has to work on something it has to be getting his serve rigorously correct.

This year he is scheduled to play in Shanghai, Basel, Paris and WTF. Hope he wins one or two titles here.

Absolutely nothing worked. His serves were off big time. Normally on such a day his ground strokes would be better aided by his movement.
Yesterday none of those could come to his rescue. BH was at best pedestrian. A big day off indeed.

I don't know why he forgets to use his slices against Berdych. It would work well if kept deep enough like he does against DelP.
Anyway I didn't expect him to get past SF, but to lose this bad was disgusting. First night session that he has ever lost @ AA.
I am thinking he may again skip Shanghai to come fresh for the 3 back to back indoors like last year.

tamizharasan
7th September 2012, 12:30 AM
Federer had off-days like this before but the consistency is gone for him and with age catching up, it will get even more difficult for him to win slams in the future.

VinodKumar's
7th September 2012, 12:45 AM

I had to see it from third set with the hope that he will get back to the match at anytime. He had a momentum by the end of third set but still his ground strokes and volleys were very poor. As you said first serves were not landing in front and Berdych was able to get free points easily in Roger's second service.

VinodKumar's
14th September 2012, 11:54 PM
World No. 1 Roger Federer (http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Players/F324.aspx) recorded his 31st win in 38 singles rubbers for Switzerland when he beat Dutchman Thiemo de Bakker (http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Players/D776.aspx) 6-3, 6-4, 6-4 in one hour and 42 minutes. Federer hit 57 winners and committed just 17 unforced errors.

Arvind Srinivasan
15th September 2012, 06:56 AM
Vinod, innum evalo vaaram irukku for Federer to complete 300 weeks as no. 1

VinodKumar's
15th September 2012, 09:13 AM
This is 295th week. 5 more weeks to go. 299 is confirmed. Nole is playing China open which starts on Oct 1st. If Nole wins that then Shangai open will decide if Roger can reach 300 or not.

Arvind Srinivasan
15th September 2012, 09:38 PM
^ oh...ok...thanks there Vinod...

Plum
16th September 2012, 06:33 AM
Sampras recordukku 1 week shortla off AnAr. So we can expect him to peter down after 299 weeks?

VinodKumar's
27th September 2012, 08:23 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/352ewja.jpg

Picture courtesy : Stan

VinodKumar's
27th September 2012, 08:24 PM
Hope he reach the milestone !!!

VinodKumar's
27th September 2012, 08:47 PM
Roger in Brazil - Pictures from his Facebook page.

Getting ready for the Gillette Tour in Brazil....I thought it was a tennis tour not Futebol????

http://i48.tinypic.com/5clq92.jpg

If I was a soccer player, what would you think my nickname should be? Give me some great ideas and I will pick one later today! Let's have some fun with it....

http://i45.tinypic.com/2ii9wn5.jpg

Ready for some valleyball ?

http://i48.tinypic.com/13zqs92.jpg

VinodKumar's
28th September 2012, 08:54 PM
Roger in FB :

Thanks for making this so exciting. After reading through many, many suggestions of nicknames I decided that I would go with Federinho since I am wearing a Brazilian outfit....

VinodKumar's
2nd October 2012, 06:37 AM
Roger confirms his Sanghai schedule in FB :cool:.

Senareb
6th October 2012, 09:32 AM
dei evan da avan.... :twisted:

http://sports.dinamalar.com/NewsDetail.aspx?Value1=8&Value2=14559&value3=I

பெடரருக்கு கொலை மிரட்டல்

ஷாங்காய்: உலகின் "நம்பர்-1' டென்னிஸ் வீரரான சுவிட்சர்லாந்தின் ரோஜர் பெடரருக்கு இணையதளம் மூலம் கொலை மிரட்டல் விடுக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது. இதையடுத்து அவருக்கு பாதுகாப்பு அதிகரிக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது.

ஷாங்காய் ஓபன் டென்னிஸ் தொடர் நாளை துவங்குகிறது. இதில் பெடரர் பங்கேற்கவுள்ளார். இவருக்கு இணையதளம் ஒன்றில் கொலை மிரட்டல் விடுக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது. அதில், டென்னிஸ் போட்டிகளை அழிப்பதற்காக பெடரரை கொலை செய்ய போவதாக தெரிவிக்கப்பட்டிருந்தது. இதை தொடர்ந்து பெடரருக்கும் மற்ற வீரர்களுக்கும் பாதுகாப்பு அதிகரிக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது..

இது குறித்து சாங்காய் போலீஸ் அதிகாரி யாங் கூறியது:
யாரே ஒரு ரசிகர் பெயரளவில் மிரட்டுகிறார். வேறு எந்த ஒரு செயலிலும் அவர் ஈடுபட மாட்டார் என நினைக்கிறேன். இருந்தாலும் இதை அலட்சியமாக எடுத்துக்கொள்ள மாட்டோம்.

ரோஜர் பெடரருக்கு பலமான பாதுகாப்பு ஏற்பாடுகள் செய்யப்பட்டுள்ளது. பிற வீரர்களுக்கம் பாதுகாப்பு ஏற்பாடுகள் தீவிரப்படுத்தப்பட்டுள்ளன. பாதுகாப்பு கருது பெடரரின் வருகை "மீடியா'வுக்கு கூட தெரிவிக்கப்படவில்லை.

அவரும் அவரது குடும்பத்தினரும் ஷாங்காய் விமான நிலையத்தில் இறங்கியவுடன் வி.ஐ.பி., செல்லும் தனிவழியில் ஓட்டலுக்கு பாதுகாப்பாக அழைத்துச் செல்லப்பட்டனர்.

இவ்வாறு யாங் கூறினார்.

VinodKumar's
11th October 2012, 12:33 AM
Roger clears his Sanghai second round with 6-3, 7-5 vicory against Yen-Hsun Lu of China. Next up is Wawarnika :).

Senareb
11th October 2012, 11:05 AM
http://sports.dinamalar.com/NewsDetail.aspx?Value1=8&Value2=14612&value3=I

பெடரரிடம் மன்னிப்பு

ஷாங்காய்: முன்னணி டென்னிஸ் வீரர் ரோஜர் பெடரருக்கு இணையதளம் மூலம் கொலை மிரட்டல் விடுத்த நபர் மன்னிப்பு கேட்டுள்ளார்.

டென்னிஸ் போட்டிகளை அழிப்பதற்காக பெடரரை கொலை செய்ய போவதாக ஒருவர் மிரட்டல் விடுத்தார். இதையடுத்து ஷாங்காய் டென்னிஸ் தொடரில் பங்கேற்கும் இவருக்கு பாதுகாப்பு அதிகரிக்கப்பட்டது.

தற்போது கொலை மிரட்டல் விடுத்த நபர், அதே இணையதளம் மூலம் பெடரரிடம் மன்னிப்பு கேட்டுள்ளார்.

பெடரர் கூறுகையில், ""எனது கவனத்தை திசை திருப்புவதற்காக மிரட்டல் விடுக்கப்பட்டது. இதில் எந்த சந்தேகமும் இல்லை'', என்றார்.

VinodKumar's
11th October 2012, 12:40 PM
Roger against Lu - Second round Sanghai - Highlights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xIxhRE5vOTA#!

VinodKumar's
11th October 2012, 12:42 PM
Stan & Arvind , He will reach 300 weeks milestone if he wins his next match against Wawrinka.

Arvind Srinivasan
11th October 2012, 08:37 PM
Good win for federer....so 300 weeks as world no. 1 it is...thanks for the info Vinod...

VinodKumar's
11th October 2012, 11:53 PM
:notworthy:. I was praying that he shouldn't stumble on this pressure.

svaisn
12th October 2012, 01:28 AM
Cool!! Great news for the day :bow:
Wish he ends the year as WORLD NO 1

omega
12th October 2012, 04:45 AM
I think finishing the year end as No.1 doesn't seem to be his top priority as there is a lot to defend with Djokovic having a lot to gain (with a huge lead).
Yeah there is still that tiny oppurtunity, but I don't think it is going to happen.

Murray will most likely dominate the indoor season...

Roger to me looks like is satisfied with whatever he has achieved this year.

VinodKumar's
12th October 2012, 11:29 AM
Highlights of Shanghai 2012 third round against Wawrinka. This victory sealed his 300 week as # 1 milestone :). Wawrinka also played well in first two sets :clap:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KLQ48Clm-9M

omega
12th October 2012, 08:34 PM
SF lineup for Shanghai Masters,

Federer vs Murray
Djokovic vs Berdych

Looks like a tall order for Roger (with the way he is playing this tournament)

Arvind Srinivasan
12th October 2012, 09:25 PM
Looks like Federer has his work out, like you said Omega....Has been very patchy throughout....

omega
13th October 2012, 06:27 PM
As expected Murray takes the first set 6-4 breaking Fed twice.
Fed is serving horribly ( 3 DFs in a row) & Murray serving superbly...
It should be a straight set loss for Fed.

omega
13th October 2012, 06:53 PM
First game in 2nd set, cruising to 40-0 & then struggling to hold with 6 BPs saved so far.
Drama when there were a few drops of rain. Fed. doesn't want to play, umpire asking him to continue, in the mean time roof is being closed, Murray completely unhappy with the whole situation.

omega
13th October 2012, 06:55 PM
After 6 mins stoppage, play resumes (roof open) & Fed closed the first game. On serve with 2-1 for Fed. Murray to serve

omega
13th October 2012, 07:03 PM
Game 5, Fed serving 2-2 same as the opening game of this set. Fed cruises to 40-0. Murray starts pounding FH returns continuously to break Fed.
Bye Fed....

omega
13th October 2012, 07:17 PM
Murray will serve for the set @ 5-4

omega
13th October 2012, 07:22 PM
Just about when Murray gets ready to serve it out, there are drops again in the court (little more than last time). Roof closing has been ordered. They are waiting.

Arvind Srinivasan
13th October 2012, 08:01 PM
Federer goes down to Murray 6-4 6-4....played easily his worst match of the tournament....

VinodKumar's
13th October 2012, 10:05 PM
Nalla vela match paakala :|.

Arvind Srinivasan
13th October 2012, 10:27 PM
Never seen him serve this poorly...3 double faults in a row lan...:banghead:

VinodKumar's
14th October 2012, 12:34 AM
Nelamai thirumba kavalaikidama poiruchae. I guess he just played this tournament to be in the race for year end # 1. Highlights thaan paathaen interested ah iruntha maariyae therla. Australia open kanavulam naanae adichi norukikiraen :(.

omega
14th October 2012, 05:58 PM
Whatever he has earned in Shanghai (360 points) is just a bonus.
Tough period start in another week, where he has to defend 3000 points in 3 weeks (Basel,Bercy & WTF)...
Fankly he looks set to lose atleast half of those points.. He may even drop to No.3 by the end of the year..
I don't think he is making any effort at all. May be he is not able to motivate enough to have a go.

VinodKumar's
15th October 2012, 11:47 AM
http://i46.tinypic.com/1hxg8o.jpg

VinodKumar's
19th October 2012, 05:23 AM
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-tZZF2rx0foo/UH66C1DW7PI/AAAAAAAACT8/5m-7Pn3V4B4/s850/185093_10152152106645332_403607621_n.jpg

VinodKumar's
19th October 2012, 05:24 AM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GTh7zbjt6hU/UH66EVEhevI/AAAAAAAACUE/ptvVqhQwqAU/s851/391582_494899570529214_1174877629_n.jpg

Arvind Srinivasan
28th October 2012, 09:24 PM
Federer loses the finals of the Basel Open. A hard fought match though 4-6 7-6 6-7. Good win for Del Potro though.

VinodKumar's
29th October 2012, 09:13 AM
Losing indoor hard court match against Delp reduced my hopes on world tour title :|.

m_karthik
29th October 2012, 09:14 PM
Withdraws from Paris Masters..

VinodKumar's
29th October 2012, 09:24 PM
Good decision. Anyway he cannot be year end # 1. At least he can aim for world tour title :D.

Arvind Srinivasan
30th October 2012, 04:17 AM
No chance of him being no. 1 at the end of the year with his withdrawal from the Paris Masters. Hopefully he plays well in the ATP tours finals. Eagerly waiting for that.

VinodKumar's
30th October 2012, 06:22 AM
No chance of him being no. 1 at the end of the year with his withdrawal from the Paris Masters. Hopefully he plays well in the ATP tours finals. Eagerly waiting for that.

Arvind, even if he wins Paris the # 1 position depends on Nole's performance in Paris. Djokovich should lose in or before QF if I am not wrong.

m_karthik
30th October 2012, 07:59 AM
Arvind, even if he wins Paris the # 1 position depends on Nole's performance in Paris. Djokovich should lose in or before QF if I am not wrong.

When points drop next monday before adding, Fed will have around 10965 points and Djokovic will have 11610 and his Paris points will be added.
Even if Fed wins 1500 in WTF.. his points will remain as 10965 only. So effectively Djok doesn't need to play/win matches to get to No.1.
He will be moving to No.1 next Monday and is guaranteed until AO,2013.

Arvind Srinivasan
30th October 2012, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the info there, Vinod n Karthik....

VinodKumar's
8th November 2012, 12:14 PM
Roger with Fan's fav award (record 10th straight year) and Sportmanship award (7th time) ...

http://i49.tinypic.com/rjh5z7.png

m_karthik
27th November 2012, 09:08 PM
Federer releases 2013 schedule.
http://www.rogerfederer.com/en/tennis/schedule/year/2013.html

Not playing in any tournaments before AO.
Not playing Miami where he has to defend 45 points and skipping Monte Carlo as usual which gives him 2 month break before Clay season.
Madrid until USO is intact. Playing Shanghai and Paris. Surprisingly missing Basel and WTF London.

Looks like he doesn't care about No.1 anymore and can still remain in Top 4 next year with this schedule.

"Basically I've given myself enough space," Federer said recently. "It's about just making sure you manage your schedule correctly.
"I have to make sure I create my schedule so it makes sense for my practice schedule. I need to practise a whole lot more next year, because this year, I hardly did have an opportunity to do that. I have some catching up to do in that standpoint."

m_karthik
27th November 2012, 09:16 PM
http://www.thetennisspace.com/analysing-roger-federers-schedule-for-2013/

The reason he can do it is that he has accrued a number of exemptions over time, to the point where he is no longer required to commit to playing eight Masters 1000s, as the rest of the top players do. The ATP rules allow players to drop one Masters 1000 commitment according to the following criteria; when they have played more than 600 matches, spent 12 full years on Tour and are 31 or older on January 1 of the relevant year. When they fulfil all three, as Federer does, they have complete exemption.

raagadevan
12th January 2013, 08:44 PM
Federer on track for another record

If Roger Federer wins in Melbourne that would make him the only man aside from Andre Agassi to have won 4 Australian Open trophies since the Open Era.

http://www.thehindu.com/sport/tennis/federer-on-track-for-another-record/article4301792.ece?homepage=true

ajithfederer
12th January 2013, 09:29 PM
Same applies to Djokovic.

povAferdeack
12th January 2013, 09:55 PM
I think the report is wrong....Fed already has 4 AO, he needs 1 more to become the first man to hold 5 AO trophies in open era, if he wins he will become the first to win AO, Wimbledon and US Open atleast 5 times

omega
13th January 2013, 01:22 AM
Looks like a rough draw for Roger....

1R - Paire
2R - Davydenko
3R - Tomic
4R - Raonic
QF - Tsonga
SF - Murray
F - Nole

Would be happy if he can keep his SF run going at AO (tough ask though)

Arvind Srinivasan
13th January 2013, 05:12 PM
All excited about this year's AO. Only blip is Nadal's unavailability. But coming to Federer. Will be happy if he reaches the SF. From there no, I guess it will be 'a better man on the day' kind off win'.

raagadevan
18th January 2013, 04:37 AM
Federer beats Davydenko (6-3, 6-4, 6-4) at the Australian Open

http://www.thehindu.com/sport/tennis/federer-advances-to-third-round-at-australian-open/article4317033.ece?homepage=true

omega
19th January 2013, 02:41 AM
Roger takes on local boy Tomic in the much hyped 3R match tommorrow.
Should be a good match with the recent form of Tomic.

Arvind Srinivasan
19th January 2013, 08:14 PM
Good win for Federer. A really good comeback in the 2nd set tie breaker I would think, being 3-5 down. The third set was then just a mere formality

ajithfederer
19th January 2013, 09:22 PM
Professor FEDERER

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/galleries/2013-01-19/201301191358588649262.html

Some good pics in there!!.

Omega, You've been watching the matches right?. What do you feel?. Vinod???

omega
20th January 2013, 01:03 AM
Professor FEDERER

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/galleries/2013-01-19/201301191358588649262.html

Some good pics in there!!.

Omega, You've been watching the matches right?. What do you feel?. Vinod???

Will never miss Roger in action!!!
He is looking good, serving at a high % so far. Will get tougher as he gets deeper though.
Things can change very quickly with Roger when his first serve % drops with better returners in the wings.
Will be happy if he reaches final...

ajithfederer
20th January 2013, 11:44 AM
:thumbsup: same here except the 1st line. Even better if he wins it.

Will never miss Roger in action!!!
He is looking good, serving at a high % so far. Will get tougher as he gets deeper though.
Things can change very quickly with Roger when his first serve % drops with better returners in the wings.
Will be happy if he reaches final...

ajithfederer
20th January 2013, 11:47 AM
http://www.australianopen.com/images/pics/misc/f_federer_06_30.jpg

povAferdeack
20th January 2013, 04:42 PM
Nole looks scary good!!

raagadevan
21st January 2013, 07:30 PM
Federer beats Raonic 6-4, 7-6 (7-4), 6-2.

VinodKumar's
21st January 2013, 07:44 PM
Couldn't catch Roger's first 3R matches. Watched full match today. Not a good match. No big rallies. Roger looks fresh and had very good control on his first serves. Mathapadi inniku match la irunthu vera yethuvum perusa illa :).

Like Roger with inner T. He looks damn cool :).

VinodKumar's
21st January 2013, 07:45 PM
Great picture there Stan :smokesmirk:.

Arvind Srinivasan
21st January 2013, 09:01 PM
35th Grand slam Quarters in a row...WAG :bow: :bow:

omega
24th January 2013, 01:42 AM
Wow!! Tsonga played real high quality match without losing focus for the most part. His thunderous serve along with heavy ground strokes on both wings were just amazing. He was the one mostly bossing around the rallies except the initial part of 1st set, both the tie-breakers & 5th set. No wonder Tsonga looked very relaxed despite the close loss he had. He had a terrific match for sure.

What can we say about Roger? Despite having a very poor 1st serve % (< 50%) for the first 2 sets he raised his game enough to grab the 1st set. He moved well & stayed with Tsonga for the most part. In the end both had won 27 games a piece with Roger winning just 5 points more than Tsonga on the whole (169 vs 164 I guess). Tsonga had 20 aces to 6 by Roger.

During the 4th set when Tsonga was absolutely dominating, Eurosport commentators (Mats Wilander & Simon Reed) started their usual stuff that Roger struggles against the top 10 of this era unlike the likes of Hewitt, Roddick etc whom he used to absolutely dominate. Just can’t understand their logic at all. Here is a guy who is 31 years old still pushing guys who are 5-6 years younger than him to the brink & losing to them only because of his age factor (whenever he loses) & still they indirectly have to say that Roger dominated only the weak era. Lets wait until pushers of this era become above 30 to see where they’ll be…These morons will never change!!!

ajithfederer
25th January 2013, 11:15 AM
Match starts at 2 and I have 2 client meetings(2:30 and at 4) when the match happens. I will be missing major part of the semi-final action and I want Roger to go through to the finals. Camaan Roger :)

VinodKumar's
25th January 2013, 12:40 PM
In office :(.

ajithfederer
20th February 2013, 02:09 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/24295_10151449682169941_532801914_n.jpg

ajithfederer
20th February 2013, 02:10 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/64793_10151449682149941_639953243_n.jpg

ajithfederer
20th February 2013, 02:10 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/574697_10151449682099941_1796028974_n.jpg

I just visited some preschools in the Limpopo Province of South Africa - we support these via the Roger Federer Foundation. The kids and people here are incredible! — Visit of the Limpopo Province, Roger Federer Foundation (3 photos)

raagadevan
24th February 2013, 08:43 PM
I can become number one again, says Federer

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/tennis/top-stories/I-can-become-number-one-again-says-Federer/articleshow/18660048.cms

VinodKumar's
11th March 2013, 10:02 PM
Interesting fact from Roger fan

"During USO 07 he had scored 100 consecutive points without a single unforced error.Actually he scored 100+ Points..I ve taken this screen shot at 98 when the scroll appeared..

This match was against Isner in USO 07.. !! and to remind you he lost a set in that match not committing even a single Unforced Error.. !! "

http://www.orkut.gmodules.com/gadgets/proxy?refresh=86400&container=orkut&gadgets=http%3A%2F%2Forkut.com%2Fimg.xml&url=https%3A%2F%2Flh3.googleusercontent.com%2F-XURvjlKV1uM%2FUT3cHR64NqI%2FAAAAAAAADKw%2FsIaSgujW TMg%2Fs718%2FUntitled.jpg

ajithfederer
12th March 2013, 09:21 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/188857_10151497998403701_367832213_n.jpg

Roger Federer continues to impress at the BNP Paribas Open Indian Wells Tennis Garden, dismissing Ivan Dodig 63 61 in the third round. Is Federer on his way to his first title of the season? Photo: Getty Images

Come-ONNNN

ajithfederer
12th March 2013, 12:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHQOfQycViI

ajithfederer
12th March 2013, 12:54 PM
Omega, How is our guy playing the open??

omega
12th March 2013, 07:47 PM
Omega, How is our guy playing the open??

Only watched the highlights of the first 2 matches he played & he looked OK.
Seems like he was ambering towards the end of 2nd set yesterday against Dodig with back pain (serving @ 85mph).
Hopefully the day's rest before his next match should take care of things I guess.

Anyway don't have high hopes of him winning this one. He has already failed to defend Rotterdam (losing 410 points), Dubai (another 360 points).
My guess is he might lose against Rafa in QF or against Berdych in SF (losing either 820 points or 640 points).

I will be very happy if he wins the title though, but its gonna be very tough.
Anticipating a very bad year for him since 2002.

VinodKumar's
13th March 2013, 03:57 PM
Federer Among Sports Illustrated's Power Players
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2013/03/10/Federer-Among-Sports-Illustrated-Power-Players.aspx

VinodKumar's
13th March 2013, 04:00 PM
Anticipating a very bad year for him since 2002.

Is it gonna be year with no tour level trophy ? :(

VinodKumar's
24th June 2013, 11:17 PM
http://www.orkut.gmodules.com/gadgets/proxy?refresh=86400&container=orkut&gadgets=http%3A%2F%2Forkut.com%2Fimg.xml&url=https%3A%2F%2Flh3.googleusercontent.com%2F-FQ_qCR-c7eQ%2FUciFNzbNH1I%2FAAAAAAAAAHo%2FbjOqy6Rh5tw%2Fw 423-h286-no%2FDB6wABD.gif

omega
17th July 2013, 06:03 PM
In about an hour or so Roger will take on Brands (the guy who took a set off Rafa in FO) with a new wand (bigger) in his hand.
The Swiss Maestro is switching from his Prostaff 90 to a larger Blade 98 racquet this week @ Hamburg (ATP 500 event on clay).
Hope it works well for him. Roger forever!!

VinodKumar's
29th August 2013, 01:03 AM
Roger's latest 1 on 1 with Roddick ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIj1_Nb2UXg

leosimha
29th August 2013, 02:18 PM
http://www.orkut.gmodules.com/gadgets/proxy?refresh=86400&container=orkut&gadgets=http%3A%2F%2Forkut.com%2Fimg.xml&url=https%3A%2F%2Flh3.googleusercontent.com%2F-FQ_qCR-c7eQ%2FUciFNzbNH1I%2FAAAAAAAAAHo%2FbjOqy6Rh5tw%2Fw 423-h286-no%2FDB6wABD.gif

who is the opponent? any idea?

VinodKumar's
8th October 2013, 01:05 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1377299_10151918771233701_727708077_n.jpg

raagadevan
15th December 2013, 10:19 PM
Hold the back page: Federer still fired by grand ambition

“I can see no reason why I shouldn’t play better again in 2014 and have some great wins. I have still got some major goals, because I certainly haven’t forgotten how to play tennis!”

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/other-sports/hold-the-back-page-federer-still-fired-by-grand-ambition-1.1628564

VinodKumar's
27th December 2013, 10:07 PM
http://www.orkut.gmodules.com/gadgets/proxy?refresh=86400&container=orkut&gadgets=http%3A%2F%2Forkut.com%2Fimg.xml&url=https%3A%2F%2Flh3.googleusercontent.com%2F-gQuqpe9ygkY%2FUr2kiJxbagI%2FAAAAAAAAEXY%2F2_sYjwBA uc8%2Fw694-h178-no%2FCapture.JPG

ajithfederer
24th January 2014, 08:37 AM
Congratulations buddy!!!. Hope it's a boy!! ;)

“It's a great problem to have. It's nice seeing it turning around for him. I hope I can make it to the finals. Clearly when you're in the semis you start dreaming. There's no doubt about that,” added Federer, who revealed he spent the fifth set of Wawrinka’s match fist pumping and high-fiving his pregnant wife, Mirka.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2014/01/4/Australian-Open-2014-Day-10-Federer-Reaction.aspx

Russellyhd
6th February 2014, 10:43 AM
http://tamil.thehindu.com/sports/%E0%AE%9F%E0%AF%87%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%B8%E0%A F%8D-%E0%AE%95%E0%AF%8B%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%AA%E0%A F%88-%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%B2%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%B1%E0%A F%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AE%BF-%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%86%E0%AE%9F%E0%AE%B0%E0%AE%B0%E0%A F%8D-%E0%AE%AA%E0%AE%99%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AF%87%E0%A E%B1%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%B1%E0%AE%BE% E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%8D/article5654352.ece

டேவிஸ் கோப்பை காலிறுதி: ஃபெடரர் பங்கேற்கிறார்

வரும் ஏப்ரலில் நடைபெறவுள்ள ஸ்விட்சர்லாந்து-கஜகஸ்தான் இடையிலான டேவிஸ் கோப்பை போட்டியில் விளையாடவுள்ளதாக முன்னாள் முதல்நிலை வீரரான ஸ்விட்சர்லாந்தின் ரோஜர் ஃபெடரர் தெரிவித்துள்ளார்.

17 கிராண்ட்ஸ்லாம் பட்டங்கள் வென்றவரான ரோஜர் ஃபெடரர், இதுவரை டேவிஸ் கோப்பையை வென்றதில்லை. இந்த நிலையில் அவர் டுவிட்டரில் கூறியிருப்பதாவது: ஏப்ரலில் நடைபெறவுள்ள கஜகஸ்தானுக்கு எதிரான டேவிஸ் கோப்பை போட்டியில் எங்கள் அணியின் விளையாடாத கேப்டனான செவெரின், ஆஸ்திரேலிய ஓபன் சாம்பியன் ஸ்டானிஸ்லஸ் வாவ்ரிங்கா ஆகியோருடன் இணைந்து விளையாடவிருக்கிறேன் என்று குறிப்பிட்டுள்ளார்.

ஃபெடரர் சர்வதேச தரவரிசையில் 8-வது இடத்திலும், வாவ்ரிங்கா 3-வது இடத்திலும் உள்ளனர். எனவே முன்னணி வீரர்களான இவர்கள் இருவரைக் கொண்டுள்ள ஸ்விட்சர்லாந்து அணி காலிறுதியில் கஜகஸ்தானை வீழ்த்த வாய்ப்புள்ளது.

raagadevan
21st February 2014, 02:18 AM
Federer can win another major title, says Sampras

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/tennis/top-stories/Federer-can-win-another-major-title-says-Sampras/articleshow/30691470.cms

omega
25th February 2014, 05:54 AM
Federer adds variety in his latest tweener...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiZmNidwFq4

raagadevan
26th February 2014, 03:50 AM
India is Federer's dream holiday destination!

"It would be fantastic if a friend could take us through the country to the different places, where we can taste the contrasting cultures that make up India. I want to go to Rajasthan, see the great Indian desert; I want to see the Taj Mahal. I'd like to travel down south, and the east and (the) west. I'm not sure if one trip is enough for India - there's so much to your country, an ancient civilization."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/tennis/top-stories/India-is-Federers-dream-holiday-destination/articleshow/31008250.cms

VinodKumar's
26th February 2014, 11:29 PM
Eppdiyo thakku mukki Dubai la night stay potutaaru :|.

raagadevan
1st March 2014, 08:33 PM
Brain Game: Federer's Aggressive Gamble Pays Off

Federer’s stunning comeback was built around attacking the net in multiple ways and taking Djokovic out of his comfort zone of trading blows from the back of the court. The match was played in two halves, with Djokovic dominating the opening stanza and then Federer taking control to claim his first victory over the Serb in 18 months.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2014/02/9/Dubai-Brain-Game-Federer-Djokovic.aspx

ajithfederer
2nd March 2014, 09:22 AM
DUBAI DUTY FREE TENNIS CHAMPIONSHIPS 2014
FEDERER: BIGGER IS BETTER
Dubai, U.A.E.
by ATP Staff | 01.03.2014
Federer
© AFP/Getty Images

Roger Federer won his sixth Dubai title with a three-set victory over Tomas Berdych.

Roger Federer conveyed a sense of vindication in his recent racquet change following a 3-6, 6-4, 6-3 victory over Tomas Berdych in the final of the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships on Saturday.

Federer, who began using a larger racquet head at the start of the season, acknowledged his strong results in Dubai have established a newfound sense of mental clarity and comfort with his new weapon of choice.

“I'm just happy that now it's clear, I don't have to think of it, and I can just play tennis,” Federer said, referring to the uncertainty regarding his racquet. "It's not in the back of my mind anymore, Is this racquet good or not? I was convinced in practice, but then you hope that the results are going to follow and they did.

“When you can play that way, you're more free, you have an open mind. That's when you are more successful. I'm very happy."

His rejuvenated form in 2014, highlighted by runs to the final in Brisbane (l. to Hewitt) and semi-finals at the Australian Open (l. to Nadal), have given back to the Swiss some confidence in his abilities that he felt was lacking in the big points in matches.

“I’m happy that the results are paying off, especially in quick succession. I have only just switched (racquets), and here I am, already getting to the finals in Brisbane, semis at the Australian Open, I won my Davis Cup match, and now here I am with a trophy.”

Watch Final Highlights

Federer clinched his first title since winning on the grass of Halle last June, registering comeback victories over Top 10 opponents in consecutive matches in the semi-finals (d. defending champion Djokovic) and final. Those clutch performances under pressure against two rivals had the Swiss describing his week in the desert as “one of those I needed right now.”

The 32 year old, who also rallied from a 0-2 deficit in the deciding set against Radek Stepanek in the second round, added, “There is a lot of pressure. Sometimes I have been disappointed with my play when it really mattered. Same against Stepanek in the third (set) when things got tough there against me as well. I was able to come up with the goods. It's one of those tournaments.”

Federer will travel to Indian Wells for the first ATP World Tour Masters 1000 event of the year, the BNP Paribas Open, which begins 6 March. He is a four-time champion (2004-06, 2012).

Match Summary

Federer won his 78th career title on the ATP World Tour with a 3-6, 6-4, 6-3 win over No. 3 Tomas Berdych.
Federer moved into sole possession of No. 3 on the Open Era titles list behind Jimmy Connors (109) and Ivan Lendl (94).
It is the third time in his career Federer rallied from a set down in the semi-finals and final to win an ATP World Tour title (’13 Halle, ’07 Hamburg).
It is the first time since 2012 Wimbledon he defeated Top 10 opponents in the semi-finals and final.
Federer has now won at least one ATP World Tour title for the past 14 years (since 2001).
Federer is 4-1 against Top 10 opponents this season, already equaling last year’s wins total (4-10).
It is his sixth Dubai title in eight finals and he’s defeated six different opponents: 2003 (d. Novak), ‘04 (d. F Lopez), ‘05 (d. Ljubicic), ‘07 (d. Youznhy),‘12 (d. Murray) and ’14 (d. Berdych). He also has won six-plus titles at three other tournaments: Wimbledon (7), Halle (6) and the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals (6).
Berdych’s career-best 11-match winning streak was snapped with his second straight runner-up in Dubai (l. to Djokovic last year).

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2014/02/9/Dubai-Saturday-Federer-Reaction.aspx

raagadevan
2nd March 2014, 09:58 AM
Federer is 4-1 against Top 10 opponents this season, already equaling last year’s wins total (4-10).

Federer's only defeat this season has been to Rafael Nadal, in the Australian Open semifinal.

ajithfederer
2nd March 2014, 12:05 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/1982306_687712537941760_1323211871_n.jpg

ajithfederer
2nd March 2014, 12:08 PM
He lost to Hewitt in Brisbane finals.

Federer's only defeat this season has been to Rafael Nadal, in the Australian Open semifinal.

omega
2nd March 2014, 04:09 PM
He lost to Hewitt in Brisbane finals.

Among the top 10.....

m_karthik
6th March 2014, 01:19 AM
Of all the amazing Roger Federer stats, this is the most impressive : The Fed has never retired from a match

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/03/roger-federer-retire-match/

nvikky
13th March 2014, 08:25 AM
This is not related to tennis though!!

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/roger-federer-wife-expecting-twins-report-article-1.1717580

raagadevan
8th July 2014, 04:03 AM
Roger Federer's Wimbledon loss shows he's likely to win another Grand Slam

-By Chris Chase; USA Today, July 6, 2014

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/07/roger-federer-win-another-major-wimbledon-loss-djokovic

omega
8th August 2014, 04:49 PM
http://i60.tinypic.com/2ur09yo.jpg

VinodKumar's
18th August 2014, 02:37 PM
A thousand masters after two years .. avai kuripil yetiryae aaganum ...He seemed so relieved after won the title :notworthy: !!! Congrats Roger and his team.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2014/08/33/Cincinnati-Final-Federer-Ferrer.aspx

VinodKumar's
18th August 2014, 02:39 PM
http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/63BE61C96A88476C8634A7A1BDF64BC9.ashx?w=635&h=407

VinodKumar's
18th August 2014, 02:40 PM
http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/DAE48EC8809F4D7EB29CDF2830964430.ashx?w=635&h=422

VinodKumar's
18th August 2014, 02:41 PM
http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/CDDA893924844AEEBC1FE31A2CB265ED.ashx?w=635&h=422

VinodKumar's
18th August 2014, 02:41 PM
http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/286F896E8A6E414BB3BED3A5569891CF.ashx?w=635&h=442

VinodKumar's
18th August 2014, 02:42 PM
http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/9406EB7C82B141C1A921151FC06F9FF5.ashx?w=635&h=422

JamesFague
28th August 2014, 01:58 PM
மரின்கோவுக்கு எதிராக சர்வீஸ் அடிக்கிறார் ஃபெடரெர் | படம்: ஏ.எப்.பி
சிபுல்கோவாவை வீழ்த்தியதும் ஆர்பரிக்கிறார் பெல்லிஸ்
அமெரிக்க ஓபன் டென்னிஸ் போட்டியில் பங்கேற்றுள்ள உலகின் 3-ம் நிலை வீரரான ஸ்விட்சர்லாந்தின் ரோஜர் ஃபெடரர் தனது முதல் சுற்றில் வெற்றி கண்டதன் மூலம் இந்த ஆண்டில் 50-வது வெற்றியைப் பதிவு செய்துள்ளார்.

ஆண்டின் கடைசி கிராண்ட்ஸ்லாம் போட்டியான அமெரிக்க ஓபன் டென்னிஸ் போட்டி நியூயார்க் நகரில் நடைபெற்று வருகிறது. இதில் 2-வது நாளான செவ்வாய்க்கிழமை நடைபெற்ற ஆடவர் ஒற்றையர் முதல் சுற்றில் ரோஜர் ஃபெடரர் 6-3, 6-4, 7-6 (4) என்ற நேர் செட்களில் ஆஸ்திரேலியாவின் மரின்கோ மெட்டோசேவிச்சை தோற்கடித்தார். இந்தப் போட்டியோடு சேர்த்து நியூயார்க்கில் இரவு நேரத்தில் விளையாடிய 24 போட்டிகளில் 23-ல் வெற்றி கண்டுள்ளார் ஃபெடரர்.

ஃபெடரர் தனது அடுத்த சுற்றில் மற்றொரு ஆஸ்திரேலிய வீரரான சாம் குரோத்தை சந்திக்கவுள்ளார். வெற்றி குறித்துப் பேசிய ஃபெடரர், “போட்டி 3-வது செட்டுக்கு சென்றபோது நான் எதிர்பார்த்ததைவிட கடினமாக இருந்தது. மரின்கோ கடும் சவால் அளித்தார்” என்றார்.

மரின்கோவுக்கு எதிராக ஃபெடரர் 10 ஏஸ் சர்வீஸ்களை பறக்கவிட்டார். அவருடைய ஆட்டத்தை கூடைப்பந்து ஜாம்பவான் மைக்கேல் ஜோர்டான் நேரில் கண்டுகளித்தார்.

60-வது கிராண்ட்ஸ்லாம் போட்டியில் விளையாடி வரும் ரோஜர் ஃபெடரர் இந்த முறை சாம்பியனாகும் பட்சத்தில் கடந்த 40 ஆண்டுகளில் நடைபெற்ற கிராண்ட்ஸ்லாம் போட்டியில் பட்டம் வென்ற மூத்த வீரர் என்ற பெருமையைப் பெறுவார்.

Courtesy The Hindu Tamil

JamesFague
28th August 2014, 02:01 PM
அமெரிக்க ஓபன் டென்னிஸ் போட்டியில் பங்கேற்றுள்ள உலகின் 3-ம் நிலை வீரரான ஸ்விட்சர்லாந்தின் ரோஜர் ஃபெடரர் தனது முதல் சுற்றில் வெற்றி கண்டதன் மூலம் இந்த ஆண்டில் 50-வது வெற்றியைப் பதிவு செய்துள்ளார்.

ஆண்டின் கடைசி கிராண்ட்ஸ்லாம் போட்டியான அமெரிக்க ஓபன் டென்னிஸ் போட்டி நியூயார்க் நகரில் நடைபெற்று வருகிறது. இதில் 2-வது நாளான செவ்வாய்க்கிழமை நடைபெற்ற ஆடவர் ஒற்றையர் முதல் சுற்றில் ரோஜர் ஃபெடரர் 6-3, 6-4, 7-6 (4) என்ற நேர் செட்களில் ஆஸ்திரேலியாவின் மரின்கோ மெட்டோசேவிச்சை தோற்கடித்தார். இந்தப் போட்டியோடு சேர்த்து நியூயார்க்கில் இரவு நேரத்தில் விளையாடிய 24 போட்டிகளில் 23-ல் வெற்றி கண்டுள்ளார் ஃபெடரர்.

ஃபெடரர் தனது அடுத்த சுற்றில் மற்றொரு ஆஸ்திரேலிய வீரரான சாம் குரோத்தை சந்திக்கவுள்ளார். வெற்றி குறித்துப் பேசிய ஃபெடரர், “போட்டி 3-வது செட்டுக்கு சென்றபோது நான் எதிர்பார்த்ததைவிட கடினமாக இருந்தது. மரின்கோ கடும் சவால் அளித்தார்” என்றார்.

மரின்கோவுக்கு எதிராக ஃபெடரர் 10 ஏஸ் சர்வீஸ்களை பறக்கவிட்டார். அவருடைய ஆட்டத்தை கூடைப்பந்து ஜாம்பவான் மைக்கேல் ஜோர்டான் நேரில் கண்டுகளித்தார்.

60-வது கிராண்ட்ஸ்லாம் போட்டியில் விளையாடி வரும் ரோஜர் ஃபெடரர் இந்த முறை சாம்பியனாகும் பட்சத்தில் கடந்த 40 ஆண்டுகளில் நடைபெற்ற கிராண்ட்ஸ்லாம் போட்டியில் பட்டம் வென்ற மூத்த வீரர் என்ற பெருமையைப் பெறுவார்.

Courtesy The Hindu Tamil

VinodKumar's
15th September 2014, 12:32 PM
Never seen Roger so happy .. All the best Swiss for final.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/27B80511519946BAA66A1CEC8F08174A.ashx?w=635&h=423

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/B352FFC300E74AB6BBA1F3A3BD262807.ashx?w=246&h=315

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/5FCCC1BAD4294022859177611029CE17.ashx?w=635&h=433

VinodKumar's
10th November 2014, 12:47 PM
Roger with Shanghai open title 2014.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/33FDA022A2DA443E8BA9A5E992435EF5.ashx

VinodKumar's
10th November 2014, 12:49 PM
Roger with his 6th Basel title 2014.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/AA5AEE70431544E3AAA87D8C3D5F6DE3.ashx

VinodKumar's
10th November 2014, 12:53 PM
FEDERER HONOURED BY EDBERG IN ATP AWARDS CEREMONY

http://www.barclaysatpworldtourfinals.com/~/media/images/sliders/2014/federer-2014-awards-top-teaser-tt.ashx?h=1125&la=en&w=2000

Roger Federer was honoured in a special ceremony on opening night at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, receiving his two trophies in the 2014 ATP World Tour Awards Presented By Moët & Chandon.
Following his straight-set win over Canada’s Milos Raonic, Federer’s coach and childhood idol Stefan Edberg stepped onto the court at The O2 to present the Swiss with the trophy named in his honour, the Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship Award. Federer had been voted by fellow players as the winner for a 10th year, but received the trophy from Edberg himself for the first time.
“This award means a lot to me. I try to play as fairly as I can. This is a classy sport and I try to represent it as well as I can,” said Federer. "Stefan has paved the way for me. He's been my hero. It was a big surprise that he actually decided to come work with me and travel the world. He's been a great inspiration both on and off the court."
Meanwhile, Edberg disclosed what sportsmanship meant to him: “It’s about being honest and respecting everyone around you, such as the ball kids and the umpire.”
ATP Executive Chairman & CEO Chris Kermode then presented Federer with his trophy as ATPWorldTour.com Fans’ Favourite Presented By Moët & Chandon. He received 65 per cent of all votes cast online by fans, extending his record winning streak to a 12th straight year.
"I feel very honoured to receive this award," Federer told the London crowd. "Thanks for always supporting me wherever I go. Tonight, when I entered the building, it was one of the greatest ovations I've received in my career."
Since 2003, Federer has won a record total of 29 ATP World Tour Awards.

http://www.barclaysatpworldtourfinals.com/en/news-and-media/tennis/2014-atp-awards-federer-edberg-fans

omega
2nd March 2015, 07:14 AM
http://i60.tinypic.com/260pvf6.jpg
http://i57.tinypic.com/35k65j6.jpg

raagadevan
11th March 2017, 05:53 AM
Decoding the genius of Roger Federer

By Preethi Ramamoorthy - The Hindu; March 11, 2017

http://www.thehindu.com/sport/tennis/decoding-the-genius-of-roger-federer/article17444207.ece?homepage=true

raagadevan
17th July 2017, 08:36 AM
Roger Federer's outrageous Wimbledon win marks his place in tennis and sporting history

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-17/hinds-fascinating-federer-continues-glorious-encore-wimbledon/8714106