PDA

View Full Version : Travel Experiences

P_R
2nd December 2010, 08:01 PM
All ye Travelers who seek to see the far and wide of the globe:

how about this thread to discuss travel, places to see, your experiences, quirks and incidents, tips for travelers and so on.

PARAMASHIVAN
2nd December 2010, 08:14 PM
already ithuku oru thread iruku

P_R
2nd December 2010, 08:20 PM
already ithuku oru thread iruku

That was only for Malaysia, right?

app_engine
2nd December 2010, 09:21 PM
Good thread!

I can still recall some of those Maniyan articles in AV describing his travels, written in an interesting manner.

Apart from those already mentioned by P_R, one should also include people whom one met in travels (well, P_R kind-of mentioned that as 'quirks') :-)

rajraj
3rd December 2010, 01:05 AM
prabhu: Why don't you convert this thread into a forum (section) and move the other two travel threads into it? - Malaysia experience and FAQ Indian travel.

NOV
3rd December 2010, 08:56 AM
already ithuku oru thread irukuAs mentioned more than a week ago, we are planning an exclusive forum on travel.

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=2305509#2305509

We are now waiting for jambavans to open threads on various destinations.
The new forum will be available over the weekend. :)

Basically PR's thread is to share travel anecdotes.

NOV
3rd December 2010, 09:03 AM
This happened in Tanjore in 2007.

I was visiting the Raja Raja Cholan temple when I was approached by a small boy, not older than eight years old, selling agarbathis.

Since I was travelling, and also since the bathis are easily available back home, I told him that I didnt want it.

The boy was persistent, so to send him off, I gave him some money.

He was taken aback and refused the money saying that he didnt want charity.

I was so overwhelmed by that small boy's action and bought the bathis.

Its true what they say, travel opens up your mind like nothing else.

Dinesh84
6th December 2010, 10:50 AM
Any news on Chennai metro ? :roll:

19thmay
24th December 2010, 02:57 PM
This happened in Tanjore in 2007.

I was visiting the Raja Raja Cholan temple when I was approached by a small boy, not older than eight years old, selling agarbathis.

Since I was travelling, and also since the bathis are easily available back home, I told him that I didnt want it.

The boy was persistent, so to send him off, I gave him some money.

He was taken aback and refused the money saying that he didnt want charity.

I was so overwhelmed by that small boy's action and bought the bathis.

Its true what they say, travel opens up your mind like nothing else.

Hmmm... Oru mass hero aagura thagudhi andha payyan-ku vandhuduchu! Andha heroes padangal-la thaan indha maadhri oru flashback irukum.

NOV
24th December 2010, 06:35 PM
How many ppl here know/have witnessed Chidhambara Ragasiyam? I was :shock:

(One should not tell another, but all I am asking is whether you know?) :P

P_R
16th April 2012, 11:04 AM
Just got back from 3 day trip to Manas Tiger Reserve Assam.
Lovely trip.
The forest there is very different from the ones in Karnataka.
MOre like vast grasslands with sections of very thick trees. Manas river divides Assam from Bhutan. We went on a relatively languid water safari.
Spotted plenty bison, wild elephants, boars, deer, snakes etc. but not a single tiger :-(
Went on an insanely jeep safari, where it had gotten dark and we had to move felled trees, clear out thickets to make way for the jeep. Oh the irony of wishing NOT to see a tiger then :-)

And this is in the heart of Bodoland. There were a lot of 'If Telengana, why not Bodoland' signs all over the place. Every visit to the forest we were accompanied by a armed soldier. And it didn't look like, it was only for the animals. It was the time of the Bihu festival, so we could see a lot of celebration around.

Were stuck on Guwhati airport for several hours last evening due to a thunderstorm. All in the game etc.

Surely recommended to those who like safaris and don't want something as commercialized as Jim Corbett, Ranthambore.

Tiger spotting is of course, purely luck based.

P_R
6th May 2012, 10:17 AM
Everyone should be in NewYork one weekend a year.
The Metropolitan Museum :clap:

Spent most of today there and plan to go again tomorrow.aLLa aLLa kuRaiyA selvam

Last time, idhukku pOradhukku badhilA MoMA (Museum of Modern Art) pOyittEn. thalai mudi pichukkura nilamai aayiduchchu.

Plum
6th May 2012, 10:56 PM
I was there a month in New York, sema kuLiru. tea kudichuttu pOrthikittu paduthu thoongavE time sariyA irundhudhu. EdhO apdi hudson OramA, Statue of Liberty pakkamA boatla pOyittu boatlerundhu oru photo mattum eduthukittu vandhuttEn. What do they know who only "work" know :(

P_R
7th May 2012, 07:28 AM
One more day at the Met.
Fantastic!! nEram ponadhE theriyalai.
I don't know when I'll ever come back to it :-(
Day well spent. Need to return to HQ for work early tomorrow.

venkkiram
7th May 2012, 07:45 AM
ஐ.நா போகலியா?

rajraj
7th May 2012, 08:54 AM
Everyone should be in NewYork one weekend a year.
The Metropolitan Museum :clap:

and watch at least one Broadway show! :)

I think they have Mary Poppins and Lion King going on. You might want to watch one. There is also Phantom of the opera.

P_R
7th May 2012, 08:56 AM
ஐ.நா போகலியா?
அதெல்லாம் முன்னொரு காலத்துலயே போயிருக்கேன்.
மெட் தான் ரொம்ப நாளா மீதி இருந்துச்சு. இதுக்காகவே இந்த வீக்கெண்ட் இங்க வந்தேன். ரெண்டு நாள் இருந்தும் முடிக்க முடியலை.
அள்ள அள்ள குறையா செல்வம்.

P_R
7th May 2012, 08:59 AM
and watch at least one Broadway show! :)
I think they have Mary Poppins and Lion King going on. You might want to watch one. There is also Phantom of the opera.
Yeah saw a bunch of the ads in the Times Square. After a looong musing settled for a standup comedy club.
I have done the exact same thing when I was here a few years back :-)

geno
7th May 2012, 07:44 PM
How many ppl here know/have witnessed Chidhambara Ragasiyam? I was :shock:

(One should not tell another, but all I am asking is whether you know?) :P

There is no "ragasiyam" nothing there; "vetta veLi". That is because "chiRRambalam" is a place of Art/Dance/Song during cankam period. Tamils treated Aadal/kalai as the holy entitites.

Vedics hijacked the ancient center of tamil and have scammed the place(and still scamming) with their yarns and the vilvam leaves!

"ulkelAm uNarndhu OthaRku ariyavan" was the first line of all thirumuRai pAdalkaL, believed to be written by Sivan, but tamil thirumuRai cannot be sung in that sanctum sanctorum by sudhras.

The Southern Gate through which nandhanAr entered into chiRRambalam has since been closed for centuries together until today.....

Chidambaram is a prime candidate for "Vaikom" like reform/revolutionist movement to take root there.

P_R
21st May 2012, 11:48 AM
Godawesome weekend at Cincinatti.
dhammAthooNdu oorla evvaLO vishayam irukku. veLLakkArAn, veLLakkAran dhaan 'yA.
Had been to the parks etc. last time. This time my host/friend new more about the city and had packed the weekend.

A blues musical - thunder knocking on the door. Thoroughly enjoyable.
The last performance of the summer of the waeldfamous Cincinatti Symphony Orchestra. Tchaikovsky (of course I was like: oh...idhu dhaan symphony orchestra-vA? :lol2:). Brilliant.
And tried wakeboarding for the first time - and did reasonably well, if I may say so myself. adhennamO therila, even highly fleeting water-conquering activities are so addictive. Definitely doing this again some time.

app_engine
21st May 2012, 10:01 PM
Godawesome weekend at Cincinatti.

The airport was the first place that my feet touched in amerikkA (long back, in the 90's) :-) So, a couple of years back I deliberately stopped in the city (albeit in McD) to spend a few moments during a long-drive :-)

Are you planning to be in the area for another week? I'm planning to drive to Columbus during the long weekend (visit a relative who had a new-born)...may be able to meet you in person, even if it's for a brief while:-)

P_R
22nd May 2012, 12:02 AM
I am in San Diego.
Just went to Cincinatti this weekend to meet a friend who lives there.
Next weekend - probably my last weekend of this trip, I understand is a long one (memorial day). innum edhuvum plan paNNalai.

rajraj
22nd May 2012, 01:56 AM
Have fun at La Jolla beach, San Diego Zoo and a trip in an old ship! :)

I used to visit UCSD for research reivews and stay in a hotel on the beach! Nice place. Very expensive! :(

I am in San Diego.

P_R
22nd May 2012, 09:57 AM
Have fun at La Jolla beach, San Diego Zoo and a trip in an old ship! :)
Thanks.
Actually I come here pretty much every year, so I've been around the sights and sounds.
But this is the first time I am here in the summer, so I was very intent about kayaking La Jolla - I live less then 10 mins from La Jolla shores. But something or the other has come up every weekend and I have never managed to.

So whenever I travel and I mention I come from San Diego, people say sun-surfing etc and I nod along as if I have done it all :lol2:

adhukkAgavAvadhu indha weekend pOyidaNum :-)

groucho070
22nd May 2012, 10:07 AM
P_R, can I outsource my pilgrimage to you. Raymond Chandler's home in La Jola. Some details here. (http://riordansdesk.markcoggins.com/2006/11/chandler-pilgrimage.html) and here (http://houseogroove.com/cuppa/BlogDetail.php?pg=109). :-D

Nerd
22nd May 2012, 06:40 PM
And tried wakeboarding for the first time - and did reasonably well, if I may say so myself. adhennamO therila, even highly fleeting water-conquering activities are so addictive. Definitely doing this again some time.
Wake Nation? Where you can surf without boats - using cables? Been in my radar for quite sometime.

I live about 90 mins away from Cincinnati, in Kentucky. :-)

P_R
22nd May 2012, 09:40 PM
Kiravuso, note paNNikkiREn. aaana enakku Chandler theriyAdhE :oops:

Yeah Nerd, Wakenation. kattAyam pOnga. I had only some 3 hours so I pretty much spent it learning at the 10 mph pool. It takes a couple of rides the get the hang of it. They teach postures and technique very well.

I have not done any surfing, snowboarding ever. So I needed it. If you have, then you should consider the larger round with the 15mph cables is something I am surely earmarking for the next visit. Even if not, budget 4-5 hours then you can hit the 10mph pool and then graduate the 15mph larger cable run. chinna chinna kunjukuLuvaan ellAm zarr-zarr-nu pOgudhu X-games range-kku jumpingi, lowingi ellAm paNNudhu. One kid was one wakeskates!, which is not even strapped to your feet - adhula flippingi (pAr rA!).

Nerd
22nd May 2012, 10:48 PM
:lol: I can't even swim but have a liking for water sports in general. Haven't tried wakeboarding, and friends said, this will be a nice place to start, esp. for non-swimmers.. pOvanum oru naaL..

P_R
22nd May 2012, 11:00 PM
:lol: I can't even swim but have a liking for water sports in general.
I was also like that.
First time I went scuba diving, I didn't knos swimming - sameebathula dhaan lightA kaththukittEn. Straight Atlantic ocean. swimming therilainna 30 adi enna, 6 adi enna? ellAm oNNu dhaan :lol2: Funny thing was, my friend who dove with me then, was a good swimmer and was ribbing me all the time. But when we took the plunge he was the one who got claustrophobic :lol:

PFD ellAm kuduppAinga. thaNNi bayam illAma irundhA pOdhum. Good fun.

app_engine
29th May 2012, 08:58 AM
hurricane deck (http://www.mehras.net/usa_pages/08_24_niagara_falls/v_hurricane_deck_no_smoking_1.JPG) (cave of the winds) at niagara falls -very difficult to leave the place :-)

BTW, the american side of the falls seems to have 95% Indian visitors nowadays :shock: (It used to be 50-60% a few years back but yesterday felt like being in India)...Even the road-side restaurants opposite to the visitor center have become Indian / Punjabi etc progressively.

Went there to meet a relative from India...6 hr drive up + spend 7 hours at falls + drive back :-)

Made the trip just like going from Palakkad home to malampuzhA dam (30 min drive) and back :-)

lydayaxobia493
29th May 2012, 01:07 PM
I lik to share my tour experience to all..
All u knw tat am living (current) nw in surat..Last year aug month, my parents came here & v planned for one week north india tour..

Before v planned One day tour - Saputara (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saputara)

Saputara is a hill station which is 180 km away frm surat..
V went there by my own car.. nd thoroughly enjoyed.. v couldnt see 10 m wt s there.. such a mist..rain vera... sema season..

Day 1 : Surat To Mathura.

Mathura is krishnan born city..We went to krishna temple in where i saw jail (krishna parents Vasudeva and Devaki lived in jail-frm the history) & i wondered after seeing tat.. namburatha iliaiyanu therila..

After noon,2 hrs travel frm mathura to Agra.. There v saw Taj mahal & Agra fort.. Approx. it would take 3.30 hrs for taj mahal & 1.30 hrs for Agra fort for seeing..
After seeing both v catched a train & traveled to Haridwar..

Day-2 : Haridwar & Rishikesh (Bhoomi of Ganga) :

All u knw, Haridwar & Rishikesh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haridwar) r one of the important pilgrimage cities.. Here u can c lot of the temples..
Day-2 morning v came haridwar & took refresh in a lodge nd started to travel Rishikesh (30 km. frm Haridwar)..Here v visited Laxman juala, Ram juala.. nd v took bath in Ganga river (punitha nathi).. After taking lunch came back to Haridwar & visited 2/3 temples.. again v took bath in Ganga river (Haridwar)..

Day 3: Amritsar

Frm Haridwar, v catched a train to Amritsar & V reached here Day 3 morning..As usual, v went to lodge & refreshment & started to travel by a guide (wit a car)..
v visited 2/3 small temples nd went to Golden temple (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amritsar) & wondered.. Such a peachful & gr8 place..i was blessed for seeing such a places..After taking lunch, V went to 2 temples (i forget temple names..sory) & finally went to wagha border (Ind & pak border)..Enjoyed here..

Day 4 : Delhi

Train frm Amritsar to Delhi reached morning (Day 4)...As usual, v went to lodge (Owner is Tamilian nd such a nice person) & refreshment & started to travel by a guide (wit a car)..No need to say..All u knw tat Delhi means Indra Gandhi museum,Nehru museum,birla temple,Parliament House,India Gate, Qutub Minar,Lotus Temple, Isckon Temple... All v saw..

sad tat v dint allowed to enter Red fort due to security (since we went on Aug 12...3 days Before independence day..so security prob)..

Day 5 - Delhi : Akshardham (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akshardham_%28Delhi%29)

V spent here for whole day.. Peaceful place..not allowed for taking photo.. frm the wiki, u can come to knw the beauty of tis place...
Wonderful place..

Day 6: Return to hometown

On Day 6 v waked up 11 am only nd took refresh nd went to airport nd catched a flight Frm delhi to madurai...After staying one week, i went back to surat frm madurai by flight..

Roshan
21st July 2012, 03:46 AM
Just returned from Ireland. Have some nice things to say about the place and people. Will do it shortly.

madhu
21st July 2012, 12:42 PM
waiting... Roshan..

cokepepsi
24th July 2012, 07:25 PM
rockstar kb, delhi akshardham is our family favourite place. lovely mentioning.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
18th August 2012, 06:27 PM
The last performance of the summer of the waeldfamous Cincinatti Symphony Orchestra. Tchaikovsky (of course I was like: oh...idhu dhaan symphony orchestra-vA? :lol2:). Brilliant..

Going thru this thread... few years b4, was at San Jose for 3 months and stayed opposite to San Jose Univ. 1st weekend, we roamed inside univ(removed shoe and put bare foot, took foto "1st time, oru US Univ la kaal, vechaach! ) Was pleaseantly shocked to know many concerts/mini-symphonies happen there and are free to attend! Appuram 3 months, attended more thana dozen of events all for free! Kadaisila donesan romba perunthanmayaa oru $20 kuduthen! Unforgetable experience!

venkkiram
24th August 2012, 05:27 AM
குடும்பத்தோடு தென்தமிழ்நாடு பகுதிகளுக்கு மூன்று நாள் சுற்றுப்பயணம் என்றால் எந்த மாதிரியான இடங்களை தேர்வு செய்யலாம்? (இதுவரை குடும்பத்தார்கள் யாருமே தென்தமிழ்நாட்டிற்கு சென்றதில்லை)

கருத்துக்களை எதிர்பார்க்கிறேன். நன்றி!

madhu
24th August 2012, 07:33 AM
குடும்பத்தோடு தென்தமிழ்நாடு பகுதிகளுக்கு மூன்று நாள் சுற்றுப்பயணம் என்றால் எந்த மாதிரியான இடங்களை தேர்வு செய்யலாம்? (இதுவரை குடும்பத்தார்கள் யாருமே தென்தமிழ்நாட்டிற்கு சென்றதில்லை)

கருத்துக்களை எதிர்பார்க்கிறேன். நன்றி!

ஹாய்

எது மாதிரியான இடங்களைச் சுற்றிப் பார்க்க விரும்புகிறீர்கள் என்பதைப் பொறுத்து தேர்வு செய்து கொள்ளலாம்.

மதுரையிலிருந்து தெற்கே கோவில்கள் என்றால் ராமேஸ்வரம், திருச்செந்துர், நவ கைலாயம், நவ திருப்பதி தொடங்கி சிறு கோவில்களும், கன்யாகுமரி, திருவாட்டாறு என தென் கோடி வரை இருக்கின்றன.

இயற்கைக் காட்சிகள் நிறைந்த பகுதிகள் என்றால் கடற்கரைகள் ( மறுபடி கன்யாகுமரி included ), முண்டந்துறை, கீரிப்பாறை, மேகமலை, தேக்கடி ( கேரளா பார்டர்) ஆகியவை.

நீர்வீழ்ச்சிகள் எனில் குற்றாலம், பாணதீர்த்தம், அகஸ்தியர் அருவி, திற்பரப்பு அருவி etc.

மதுரையின் திருமலை நாயக்கர் மஹாலில் இருந்து பத்மனாபபுரம் அரண்மனை ( வருஷம் 16-ல் வருமே அது ) மாளிகைகள்.

உங்களுக்கு எது மாதிரி இடங்கள் பார்க்க வேண்டும் என்று சொன்னால் நம்ம நண்பர்கள் விளக்கமாக சொல்லிடுவாங்களே !!

venkkiram
24th August 2012, 04:47 PM
நன்றி மது! ஒரு முப்பது சதவிதம் கோவில் குளம், மிச்சம் இயற்கை காட்சிகள் என இருந்தால் போதும் என நினைக்கிறேன். அப்போதான் பயணிக்கிற சிறுவர்களுக்கு போரடிக்காமல் இருக்கும். கன்யாகுமரி, ராமேஸ்வரம் இரண்டு மட்டுமே உடனே நினைவுக்கு வந்தது. குற்றாலம் இந்த நாட்களில் எப்படி இருக்கும்?

Senareb
24th August 2012, 04:49 PM
venki...intha varusham courtalam ethir paartha alavu ila...

last week i went there... only three falls r in active..others r inactive.. :fatigue:

app_engine
24th August 2012, 09:06 PM
venkkiram,
Years before, it was possible for iLasus to play with waves in the B of B in Thiruchchendur (while perusus could go to the temple, orE kallil two mangoes)...not sure if the beach is still the same...

venkkiram
24th August 2012, 09:25 PM
lmkbabu sir, even 3 falls are fine with me.

App, thanks for suggesting Thiruchchendur spot.

So, there are 3 days and what I have - Courtallam, Kanyakumari, Rameshwaram, Thiruchendur and Madurai. How we can share the days for visiting these places and where we find good hotels to stay at nights? The crew size ~ 12/15 now.

NOV
25th August 2012, 07:54 AM
if you have time to spare, go to paradise beach in pondicheri... the place is accessible only by speedboat and at any one time there are less than 50ppl on the beach. you can imagine the cleanliness :D
order your food before you board the speedboad and eat in the shades at the beach (travel time about 30 mins)

cokepepsi
25th August 2012, 10:02 AM
Calcultta. I would like to hear on any personal experiences, places to visit, food and best choice of stay for a family of three which includes "a year old" toddler.

app_engine
27th August 2012, 10:04 PM
Calcultta. I would like to hear on any personal experiences, places to visit, food and best choice of stay for a family of three which includes "a year old" toddler.

If you have reasonable amount of time, take a long tram ride (hopefully these are still in operation)...one of a kind experience. I don't think any other city in India still has them.

During 90's, Calcutta could also boast about its unique position of having metro...now other cities too have them I think...still it may be worthwhile to ride India's first metro :-)

Well, you may also want to take a bus ride :ashamed:

app_engine
27th August 2012, 10:10 PM
Obviously, any who visits Kolkata would not want to miss the old Howra bridge (perhaps taking a boat ride to get some nice pictures)...and the new Howra bridge too.

I'm not sure if K C Das (http://www.kcdas.co.in)is still the leaders in rossogolla but one got to visit those sweet shops and eat there and take a big package home as well!

app_engine
27th August 2012, 10:14 PM
Interesting to see that this Homely Raj Hotel (http://yellowpages.sulekha.com/kolkata/hotel-homelyraj-kalighat-kolkata-567945_contact-address.htm) is still in operation. (Kalighat, Kolkata). During 90's, this was the default place for southies to stay - clean place & nice food ('masAlA dOsA' was really good those days)...

app_engine
28th August 2012, 02:14 AM
My first visit to Calcutta (now Kolkata) was in 1985, still a student attending a final interview - and I was amazed to see EVERY kind of transportation in the country being operated there :

-man pulled rickshaws (never got into one as I felt really bad for them ; however, to support the poor rickshaw people, used it for taking luggage)
-man pedalled rickshaws (much like those vogue in TN those days)
-auto rickshaws (travelled)
-taxi cabs (travelled)
-mini buses (bayangara crowd, but decent looking outside and inside)
-regular size buses (bayangara crowd, tried and was shocked at the conditions inside)
-suburbun trains (travelled)
-regular trains (electric / diesel, got there in a train only)
-tram (thrilled to ride, though slow like tortoise)
-metro (phenomenal experience, though operating only a short distance then)
-boat (didn't use)
-ship (didn't use)
-air plane (didn't use)

I don't remember whether there were animal pulled carts in the city. Other than that, every sort of transportation available in the country was used in Calcutta in 1985!

P_R
1st October 2012, 07:44 PM
Anyone who has been to Andaman?

littlemaster1982
1st October 2012, 07:55 PM
Here, here :wave: Enna details venum-nu sollunga :D

P_R
1st October 2012, 08:14 PM
I am going on a 4 day trip in November first week with office travel gang.

a) Is there anything in PortBlair other than the Cellular Jail worth spending more than a day?
b) I am planning to spend 2 days in Havelock as I understand it is THE place. Confirm :-)
c) How good is Neil Island. Is it worth going to over and above Havelock?
d) Are there any uninhabited islands which are safe to do overnight camping in?
e) Are there any trekking trails?

littlemaster1982
1st October 2012, 09:07 PM
a) There is an old saw mill (wonder what's touristy about it :?) and an island called Jolly Bouy where snorkelling is said to be better than at Havelock. Haven't seen both of them, so can't comment if they are worth the visit.
b) Yes, Havelock is the main tourist destination in Andamans. Make sure you visit Radha Nagar beach in the evening. The other beach (Kala patthar) is not so great, but still good with literally nobody around there.
c) Neil Island isn't as good as Havelock, but still worth a visit. It's quite close to Havelock, so you can take a ferry from there.
d) I stayed in a remote island called Long Island which is one of the least visited islands. It has the most beautiful beach (Lalaji beach) of Andamans, IMO. There is only one resort there (blue planet), which is essentially a group of huts. You can't do camping anywhere in Andaman due to restrictions AFAIK.
e) No idea about trekking, but heard there is a trekking trail from Blue Planet to Lalaji beach which takes two hours.

P_R
2nd October 2012, 09:52 AM
Thank you ellem. Will research immediat

littlemaster1982
2nd October 2012, 10:01 AM
In a four day trip, you can easily cover Port Blair, Havelock and Neil Island. Also, you'd have to consider ferry timings when you hop between islands. Not all islands have daily ferry service.

P_R
9th October 2012, 05:39 PM
Yeah Long seems to have only two ferries and one that requires me to wake up at 5 to catch it. idhu aavuradhillai :lol2:
btw Kingfisher puLiyai kaRaikkiRaan.

littlemaster1982
9th October 2012, 06:16 PM
I took a bus to return from Long Island to Port Blair which was quite an adventurous journey. It took 6 hours to cover 130 Kms through a thick forest. May be you can try that :P

btw Kingfisher puLiyai kaRaikkiRaan.

What about others :huh:

P_R
9th October 2012, 06:38 PM
Yeah I am trying to see if I can avoid spending 6 hours traveling on a 4 day trip.

I don't want to spend any time onward in PB. I will spend the evening before leaving. So I want to land and catch the ferry to Havelock.
So we bulkbooked KF, whose timing works. Now bulb :-(

Roshan
10th October 2012, 11:40 PM
Yeah I am trying to see if I can avoid spending 6 hours traveling on a 4 day trip.

I don't want to spend any time onward in PB. I will spend the evening before leaving. So I want to land and catch the ferry to Havelock.
So we bulkbooked KF, whose timing works. Now bulb :-(

KF eppavO kadaiya adechutaanga'nu nenechaen. enakku oru refund vaera vara irukku, but I dont think I would ever get it.

P_R
11th October 2012, 05:28 PM
I booked and the next day they grounded all flights :-(

madhu
11th October 2012, 05:29 PM
What happened to the trip Prabhu ?

tifosi
11th October 2012, 05:33 PM
I booked and the next day they grounded all flights :-(

You need to have a plan B then. I suggest Tirusoolam-Tiruneermalai-St.Thomas Mt. :-)

P_R
11th October 2012, 05:36 PM
Going in the first weekend of November, if the flights work out.
Looks like Long Island may not happen. So Havelock and Neil.

Mallya, kadanai vudanai vaangi vaNdiyai eduppA.
Ravindra Jadeja kittErndhu refund vaanginaalE pala pErukku sambaLam kudukkalaam.

littlemaster1982
11th October 2012, 05:48 PM

Hope it works out :thumbsup: Ungalukkaga venumna naan Long Island-la eduttha photos post pandren :mrgreen:

Ravindra Jadeja kittErndhu refund vaanginaalE pala pErukku sambaLam kudukkalaam.

You for mistake. Ravindra Jadeja is from CSK.

tifosi
20th October 2012, 03:34 PM

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/DGCA-suspends-Kingfishers-flying-license/articleshow/16889973.cms

Only Gaja can help.... :-(