PDA

View Full Version : Who's the obnoxious weed in World Cricket, today?

Plum
21st December 2010, 01:33 PM
Harbhajan Singh? The most famous of the species
Stuart Broad? The most blatant, ICC-backed thought leader in obnoxiousness (Cricket engappan soththudA!)
Sreesanth? Famous for being the nemesis of Harby above
Suleiman Benn? Angry young, tall man
Brad Haddin? He, of the "magical hands"
Shane Watson? Shoulder barger, par excellence

More options invited

P_R
21st December 2010, 01:46 PM
I nominate Flau :twisted:

Plum
21st December 2010, 01:56 PM
enakku publicitynAlE pidikkAdhu you know

Plum
21st December 2010, 02:16 PM
ada ennada idhu poNNu vIttu kAran evanum saNdaikku vara mAttEngurAn? :(

sAppAttula sengalpA? sandaikku vAngappA

steveaustin
21st December 2010, 07:17 PM
For me easily the winner is Sreesanth. Rest deposit kAli. :lol:

No arguments please. :P

Gentleman cricketers forever- Rahul Dravid and Courtney Walsh. :)

Dinesh84
22nd December 2010, 10:09 AM
Sangakkara

Benny Lava
22nd December 2010, 10:32 AM
Sangakkara

+1

ajaybaskar
22nd December 2010, 10:34 AM
Why? For that Sehwag century denial?

littlemaster1982
22nd December 2010, 10:40 AM
No.1 whiner in the world, he is.

Dinesh84
22nd December 2010, 10:45 AM
No.1 whiner in the world, he is. :yes: :evil:

littlemaster1982
22nd December 2010, 10:48 AM
My list is Sreesanth, Sanga, Stuart Broad. Sulaiman Benn ellam edhukku list-la sertheenga :huh: Avan avvalavu mosam illaiye :?

Benny Lava
22nd December 2010, 10:53 AM
Why? For that Sehwag century denial?

Not just that... he has a history of misdeeds behind him!

Sreesandhu ellaam no harm... budhi sari illadhavanu mannichu vittudalaam.. at times I feel sorry for him.. yenda idha ellam panni ellaar manathaiyum vaangra nu...

19thmay
22nd December 2010, 11:32 AM
Sulaiman Benn ellam edhukku list-la sertheenga :huh: Avan avvalavu mosam illaiye :?

Enna ippadi kEtuputeenga?

Benn's behavioural issues came to a head during the Perth Test in December, when he was suspended for two ODIs following a clash with Mitchell Johnson and Brad Haddin. He had previously been fined and forced to have counselling after what was labelled "insubordinate" behaviour during a West Indies A tour of England in 2002.

His fiery nature has also been on display at club level, when he was fined after an altercation with an opponent while batting for his Barbados club Spartan
http://www.espncricinfo.com/west-indies-v-south-africa-2010/content/story/461455.html

19thmay
22nd December 2010, 11:34 AM
Zak is sledging a lot these days hope he plays safe.

A.Nel irundhan-na avanuku thaan en vote!

littlemaster1982
22nd December 2010, 11:43 AM
Sulaiman Benn ellam edhukku list-la sertheenga :huh: Avan avvalavu mosam illaiye :?

Enna ippadi kEtuputeenga?

Benn's behavioural issues came to a head during the Perth Test in December, when he was suspended for two ODIs following a clash with Mitchell Johnson and Brad Haddin. He had previously been fined and forced to have counselling after what was labelled "insubordinate" behaviour during a West Indies A tour of England in 2002.

His fiery nature has also been on display at club level, when he was fined after an altercation with an opponent while batting for his Barbados club Spartan
http://www.espncricinfo.com/west-indies-v-south-africa-2010/content/story/461455.html

I think Haddin and Johnson were left scott free while Benn was punished. Seems like a hot tempered guy, but he is not that bad compared to other guys in the list.

Plum
22nd December 2010, 02:20 PM
My list is Sreesanth, Sanga, Stuart Broad. Sulaiman Benn ellam edhukku list-la sertheenga :huh: Avan avvalavu mosam illaiye :?
nammaLA yArum anti-white racist-nu sollida kUdAdhu illa?

Plum
22nd December 2010, 02:22 PM
SangakarravA?

Whining-nu pArthA, whole English team maRRum whole aussie team(minus a hussey here and a stuart clark there) will be "present, sir"

How about Ponting fighting petulantly with umpires?

Plum
22nd December 2010, 02:23 PM
To me, the crown goes to Stuart Broad. A lot of English and Aussie bloggers love to make fun of him on his girly features and behaviours - but the key problem with him is his sense of entitlement. And the fact that he has got away with behaviour that would have brought life bans for the Gambhirs of the world makes it doubly bitter.

To me, he is the runaway winner

littlemaster1982
22nd December 2010, 02:30 PM
SangakarravA?

Whining-nu pArthA, whole English team maRRum whole aussie team(minus a hussey here and a stuart clark there) will be "present, sir"

How about Ponting fighting petulantly with umpires?

Though Ponting is arrogant, he always gives credit to the opposition when Aus lose. Sangakkara never does that.

raajarasigan
22nd December 2010, 02:39 PM
Virat Kohli deserves a nomination here...

Plum
22nd December 2010, 02:44 PM
Moderator has to edit the poll now.

P_R
22nd December 2010, 04:57 PM
Final-A sollunga. puRavu update panNNuREn.

Froad pathi vERa yArAvadhu sollunga. ivarukku ingilAndhu, australia enRAlE oru idhu.

As of now, enakku therinju, naan follow paNNuNa varaiyil bhajji dhan. Won't 'maanathai vaanguraanE' factor may have contributed to a degree of inflation of the offence.

raajarasigan
22nd December 2010, 05:28 PM
yes P_R.. Bhajji has to win this poll... :evil:

we can consider Dilsha also.. நன்னாறிப்பய... one pitch catch புடிச்சி அவுட் கேட்டவன்... :twisted:

Plum
22nd December 2010, 05:31 PM
yes P_R.. Bhajji has to win this poll... :evil:

we can consider Dilsha also.. நன்னாறிப்பய... one pitch catch புடிச்சி அவுட் கேட்டவன்... :twisted:Kamaan, you havent watched Watson, Broad etc in action?

adhu ennayyA I am against England/Aus. nInga dhAn "veLLaikAran poi solla mAttAn"-nu nambi kittirukkInga.

littlemaster1982
22nd December 2010, 05:31 PM
Froad pathi vERa yArAvadhu sollunga. ivarukku ingilAndhu, australia enRAlE oru idhu.

Naan sonna accept pannuveengala :P Broad has shown dissent to umpires many times and has stepped on a cricket ball intentionally. Haven't been fined yet, I think.

littlemaster1982
22nd December 2010, 05:33 PM

Virat Kohli thirundhittadha avane sonnan, in a recent interview.

sathya_1979
22nd December 2010, 05:35 PM

enakku Junior Balaiah about Senthil to aNNan GM dhAn nyaabagam varudhu.
aNNan reaction - avan thirundhittAnnu avanE sonnAnA?

Plum
22nd December 2010, 05:37 PM
Zulqarnin Haider mEla pandhu eRinjApla.

idhellAm mANbimigu maadareatar pArthriukka mAttAr. adhu epdiyA indha matchlAm mattum correctA pAkkAma irukkInga?

The things that Broad has got away with - he has done every possible offence that a cricketer can be charged with if he is not a English son of a...biased match referee, what did you think? ;-)

littlemaster1982
22nd December 2010, 05:39 PM
Zulqarnin Haider mEla pandhu eRinjApla.

Oh yeah, I forgot this :evil: Appuram Ganguly-kitta vaai kuduthu vaangi kattikkittan :lol:

Plum
22nd December 2010, 05:45 PM
Infact, Yuvarasanai nAn mothamA handwash paNNAdhadhukku kAraNamE ivanai veLuththu kattinadhu dhAn

raajarasigan
22nd December 2010, 05:46 PM

Surya: kavalapadatheenga.. deva pozhachukkuvaan
Geetha: Doctor sonnara..
Surya: Devave sonnan... :lol:

Plum
22nd December 2010, 05:49 PM

Surya: kavalapadatheenga.. deva pozhachukkuvaan
Geetha: Doctor sonnara..
Surya: Devave sonnan... :lol:
idhula Hasini madam kai theriyudhulla?

raajarasigan
22nd December 2010, 06:01 PM
no.. I feel it should be MR's.. Hasini'kku naan paarthavaraikkin (indhra, Ravanan) in'maadhiri indirect dialogues ezhuthuradhilla...

satissh_r
22nd December 2010, 09:41 PM

Nan solla vanthatha neenga sollitinga, master avan thirunthunalum paravailla avan pera intha poll la add pannunga pls..

Vivasaayi
22nd December 2010, 09:54 PM
Virat kohli.... avana kandale tangson aavudhu

Vivasaayi
22nd December 2010, 09:55 PM
Virat kohli.... avana kandale tangson aavudhu
I somehow feel sreesanth is innocent payyan...konjam loosuthanama behave pannuvan...

littlemaster1982
22nd December 2010, 10:34 PM

Nan solla vanthatha neenga sollitinga, master avan thirunthunalum paravailla avan pera intha poll la add pannunga pls..

PR-dhan add pannanum :D No objection from my side :P

19thmay
23rd December 2010, 03:32 PM
Kohli enna panninaan? Enakku onnum gyabagam illaye, can some one help me?

Movie Cop
28th December 2010, 01:44 PM
Picky Faanting deserves a place in this poll, I say! :notworthy:

19thmay
19th January 2011, 10:23 AM

Innaiku varaikum answer varala! :huh:

I am sure that he is the future of Indian cricket. I even feel that he would lead the team after Dhoni. 8-)

Plum
19th January 2011, 10:30 AM
19th - specificA ippO oNNum solla mudiyala but immediately after the junior world cup win, in IPL-1 he was looking more like the next Yuvi than the next Dhoni. romba irritatingA irundhudhu especially IPL-1la
I admit he has grown as a person in the last 3 years and is far more mature and dependable now.

As I said, I am officially removing him from the obnoxious weed list in my mind

Dinesh84
19th January 2011, 10:38 AM
yes.. sinna vayasula appadi ippadi nu irukurathu thaan.. so Kholi unselected .. I recommend Slater to be added in this elite list.. I remember him arguing with the umpire after his claim for catch was turned down by 3rd umpire.. in the 2001 series..

Plum
19th January 2011, 10:43 AM
Slater is one of the few cricketers in history who sledged the umpire. The most famous one ofcourse is thalaivar Ponting.

He abused Venkatraghavan in that match and got away with it - it is easy to say why didnt Venkat complain to ICC etc. To me, that clearly shows what the ICC is - someone like Venkat not even bothering to make an issue of it most likely because he knew ICC will do nothing about it- it is not as if Slater was Ganguly.

And some people still maintain ICC has been King Solomon in its dealings with player behaviour.
Only the blind or stupid can deny ICC's historical bias against Asian players and bias towards Aussie/English players

Puliyan_Biryani
20th January 2011, 02:15 PM

Innaiku varaikum answer varala! :huh:
A couple of instances I can remember:

1. Few years back, an U19 manager/coach ranted in public like this "U19 players are behaving like stars already and not respecting the game. They are more worried about hair styles and other extra-curricular activities". yaaru, eppo, enna-nu marandhupochu. But there were rumors at the time that it was Kohli.

2. I remember watching a program of Kohli in TV (2-3 years back I think). They tried to make the program casual so the concept was to take Kohli to his room where some of his Delhi team-mates would surprise him and then engage in casual chat. Almost all of them were definitely elder than Kohli but he was very rude and disrespectful. And no, it didn't look like team mates having fun.

But he seems a different person now. May become Indian captain in the future too.

Sourav
20th January 2011, 02:43 PM
Voted 4 Shane Watson.

Thirumaran
20th January 2011, 02:49 PM
I wish an Indian win this :redjump: Voted for Bhajji :cheer:

Sourav
20th January 2011, 02:56 PM
checking last 2 pages.... so much hatred towards kohli,.. :shock: :o

Plum
20th January 2011, 03:15 PM
Sourav, me included rendu moonu pEru have changed our minds on Kohli - pArkalaiyA?

I think Stuart Broad paththi innum namma prachAram paNNanum. Feeyar mAdhiri pattavanga innum avan innocent-nu maindain paNNikitturukkAnga :evil:

Sourav
20th January 2011, 03:33 PM
checked that... :cool2: but, RR, vivs, satish elam innum apdiye maindain panranga pola... thirunthittanu therinja mannichu vittudurathu thane periya manushangalukku azhagu,,, :P

symmo, M.Johnson peru kanom...

raajarasigan
20th January 2011, 03:38 PM
oppukkaren ippo payyan konjam adakki vaasichittirukkan..

ippthaikku "poruthirundhu paarppom" :|