PDA

View Full Version : Why would a man marry a woman over ten years his senior?

Ramona
2nd January 2011, 06:11 AM
Is this common in your community? Let's see if the reasons differ from community to community.

Shekhar
4th January 2011, 11:46 AM
Yea, why would he?

Love ? Money ? Whatever... he is a big fool !! :lol: :lol:

When a man marries ten years younger and manage to become her slave, what will happen when he marries ten years elder, I shudder to think!! :D :D

When someone is getting hanged, which rope should he prefer.. Silk or jute?!! :lol:

NOV
4th January 2011, 12:04 PM
silk?

app_engine
4th January 2011, 06:57 PM
While this is very uncommon in Indian Thamizh community (i.e. those who live in TN) or for that matter most Indian communities either within the country or abroad, it's not so unusual with African American communities, per my observation.

As long as both are healthy and have mutual love, it does not matter who is older.

Even the perceived problems / complications of pregnancy & childbirth beyond 35 years does not affect every woman and it's not uncommon for women to deliver healthy babies after 35 , normal deliveries.

If the couple choose to remain childless, then age is no matter at all, IMSO!

Querida
5th January 2011, 07:17 AM
Yea, why would he?

Love ? Money ? Whatever... he is a big fool !! :lol: :lol:

When a man marries ten years younger and manage to become her slave, what will happen when he marries ten years elder, I shudder to think!! :D :D

When someone is getting hanged, which rope should he prefer.. Silk or jute?!! :lol:

Shekhar!! :D Good to hear from you! Looooong time since I heard from you last. Hope you are well and will visit more often :)

Whichever rope tears/rips faster? :P

PARAMASHIVAN
5th January 2011, 08:20 PM
Ada Ada Intha mathiri Title poda , room pOtu yosipangalO :lol2: :yessir:

Ramona
6th January 2011, 09:29 AM
.. what will happen when he marries ten years elder, I shudder to think!! :D :D

It is not that bad considering the couple I had in mind when I opened this thread. They have been married for 45 years. Yea. I wonder how this could have happened in those days. Don't want to reveal too much as yet, but he seems to be OK being a slave. :?

Wait until you discover what community he is from. Some of you might take a long time to get it over. :o :lol:

app_engine
6th January 2011, 09:29 PM
Wait until you discover what community he is from. Some of you might take a long time to get it over. :o :lol:

What's the big deal?

Why there should be shock?

I think Sachin Tendulkar's wife is many years older. There're many such famous examples.

Vivasaayi
6th January 2011, 09:56 PM
I think Sachin Tendulkar's wife is many years older. There're many such famous examples.

pasanga sachin and shakespere-a edhula follow pandraingalo illayo..idhula follow pannuvainga

school, collegela senior ponna daavadikura pasangalukku ivunga rendu perthaan motivating factor

Ramona
7th January 2011, 09:51 AM

What's the big deal?

Why there should be shock?

But he is of this generation, not 60 some years ago. Nothing of this era is surprising.

Shekhar
7th January 2011, 09:54 AM
Hi Querida ! How are you?

I started visiting FM a few days back, thought not as frequently as I used to earlier. Nice to meet old friends like you again !
Btw see the thread on 'Women's reluctance for nosestuds'. You will sure find something interesting there. :) :wink:

Regarding this thread, ages ago, I was in love with a woman 4-5 yrs elder to me (One can never know the age of a woman!! :?) At times she used to cuddle me; and at times she would behave like a school head mistress!! :( :) :roll: Imagine my plight!! Anyway that ended fast! (Good for me ! 8-) :) )

I think age difference doesnt matter. what matters is their mutual respect, love and Trust; without which no relationship can survive.

Ramona
14th January 2011, 05:56 AM
"....and at times she would behave like a school head mistress!! :("

Aha! I have seen something similar. She orders him around and he listens with fright. Eligible to be his aunt, she feels insecure when younger women in particular his age mates are around and he offers rides to them and such things.

I am sure she also forced him to grow up quickly in matching her age.

He is now a good chauffer to take her around to all her medical appointments now that she is 83. I admire him for his patients with her though. :)

Ramona
14th January 2011, 06:03 AM
[tscii:e67ef13b95]I have to admit, I have been wondering whether I myself should marry a younger man. The thought feels awkward and never entertained it, but looking at this couple.......not that I like the idea of being taken around to medical appointments when I am ….. :roll: [/tscii:e67ef13b95]

jaiganes
14th January 2011, 06:16 AM
[tscii:70fe53b000]I have to admit, I have been wondering whether I myself should marry a younger man. The thought feels awkward and never entertained it, but looking at this couple.......not that I like the idea of being taken around to medical appointments when I am ….. :roll: [/tscii:70fe53b000]
this question should be asked to Ashton Kutcher.
some ppl say age is no barrier in love, but some1 say, that is why love is blind. Now it all boils down to what kinda person he/she/they is/are. If they are ppl following their hearts and mature enough to accept their choices, then the question becomes an oxymoron. Else, I would say take what their minds tell and ask the heart to shut up.

Ramona
14th January 2011, 06:26 AM
[tscii:0f21196217]I don't think this was a love marriage. Forty five years ago? I think they were put together because of their professional or educational backgrounds. She had an MBA back in those days and him, an engineering degree and perhaps competition was not as high as today. It may have been difficult to find a match education wise.

When she feels threatened she makes a point of her educational background which most females from her community in their 60s over don’t have.
[/tscii:0f21196217]

mareen
3rd February 2011, 04:43 PM
pasanga sachin and shakespere-a edhula follow pandraingalo illayo..idhula follow pannuvainga

school, collegela senior ponna daavadikura pasangalukku ivunga rendu perthaan motivating factor

namma manmadhan padathula kooda ithaan excuse :D

Stiglitz
7th February 2011, 03:37 AM
"

Aha! I have seen something similar. She orders him around and he listens with fright. Eligible to be his aunt, she feels insecure when younger women in particular his age mates are around and he offers rides to them and such things.

Reason: Maybe shes a cool person... maybe she's intellectual, or a Cougar..

Either way, it's got Oedipus Complex written all over it... :P

Stiglitz
7th February 2011, 03:38 AM
silk?

:lol: :lol: