3. Album of the year
4. Best Playback Singer - Male
5. Best Playback Singer - Female
6. Best Lyricist
7. Best Picturisation / Choreography
8. Best Singer Debut - Male
9. Best Singer Debut - Female
10. Best Background Score

Time for the results. Watch this space. Results will be announced LIVE in this thread..!!

NOV
9th March 2011, 01:19 PM
After a short hiatus due to the migration of the Hub, we are back at announcing the results of Hub Awards 2011.
With the new platform, we hope to do a better presentation!

Get ready people! :D

groucho070
9th March 2011, 02:54 PM
Best Female Playback Singgar

Here we are once again, with a handful nominations full of beautiful women who contributed to the well-being of Tibetans. Who am I kidding, I have here names of singers, most of whom I have not heard about singing films I have not seen

Here we go, first we have Anwesha who invested her vocal in Mandhira Punnagai, a film that has nothing to do with Sathyaraj.

Then we have Gurupriya who was used for the film Kanden, which nyaan kanddutulla.

Finally a singer from a film which I have seen and almost wept not because its terribly sad, but you don’t see much of them these days. And it’s Hamsika for Angadi Theru.

Roshan
9th March 2011, 05:05 PM
Where did Andrea and Shreya Goshal go ? :roll: or is it debut singer ? Anwesha debut illaiyE :confused:

ajaybaskar
9th March 2011, 05:07 PM
Kanden hasnt released yet?

Nerd
9th March 2011, 07:36 PM
Anwesha debut illaiyE :confused:
Huh? Debut dhaanE.. Megam vandhu pOgum dhaan first thamizh song.

Roshan
9th March 2011, 10:06 PM
Huh? Debut dhaanE.. Megam vandhu pOgum dhaan first thamizh song.

I was not sure.. thanks Nerd and also it says best female singer not debut singer so I got a bit confused. In best female singer category I dont remember any one otehr than Andrea and Shreya.

app_engine
10th March 2011, 12:08 AM
This has got to be debut (as ShreyA had a cake walk in the best female singer, IIRC. Unless there had been any "proxy" issues, she should have won by a mile.)

groucho070
10th March 2011, 11:07 AM
Best Debut Male Singer

Am I hearing complaints. Do you what happens to those who whine?

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/godfather%20horse%20head%20scene01.jpg

App, people don't walk on cakes, please.

Now that I got your attention here we go.

It’s no surprise that I don’t know any of the nominees since they are newcomers. But then this is an important moment for them. This is their first step, the giant step into the industry and then get invited to judge kid shows.

Here are the nominees, for Enggeyum Kaadhal, Aalap Raju. Why alap? His siblings name are Sanggathi Rani, or Birkha Bairavan or what?

That followed by Ajeesh for Goa, Alphones for VTV, Kirthi Sagahtya for Madhira Punnagai, Raman Mahadevan for that film that stole the title from NT’s classic comedy, Suresh Iyer for Angadi Theru and Yateeshwar Karthikraja for Nandhalalalala….

Whoever you guys are, all the best and stand in line behind more new singers…

Plum
10th March 2011, 01:02 PM
Here are the nominees, for Enggeyum Kaadhal, Aalap Raju. Why alap? His siblings name are Sanggathi Rani, or Birkha Bairavan or what?

:rotfl:

Yateeshwar theriyAdhA? nAn dhAn nominate paNNEn - apdi ipdi dealing pOttu rendu mUNu vottu kUda vAngittEn :-)

littlemaster1982
10th March 2011, 03:30 PM
Best Female Singer (Debut) - Results

Gurupriya is the first one to bow out with 3.7% votes. Singing in a film that got a limited release didn't help her cause. Hamsika got 40.74% votes to finish second.

The winner is...

http://i51.tinypic.com/301og1u.jpg

Anwesha Datta Gupta

Anwesha's "Megam Vandhu Pogum" earned her 55.56% votes and Hub's award for Best Female Singer (Debut).

NOV
10th March 2011, 04:25 PM
Here are the nominees, for Enggeyum Kaadhal, Aalap Raju. Why alap? His siblings name are Sanggathi Rani, or Birkha Bairavan or what?There is an interview of him in this month's Cine Fashion. A good looking chap.

Hope you read/buy Cine Fashion - its about the best mag on cinema in Malaysia, with attention paid to language, photos and overall design.

http://www.movieupdates.in/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/01PreetikaRaoCineFashionJanuary2011stillswallpaper s.jpg

Nerd
10th March 2011, 08:01 PM
Congrats Anwesha. Pristine voice and lovely singing. Here's the song for those who have not heard it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI4EqKzrG0k

littlemaster1982
10th March 2011, 08:30 PM
Thanks Nerd for the link. Somehow didn't like the song, but her voice and singing is 8-) Hope to hear her more in Tamil albums.

littlemaster1982
10th March 2011, 10:10 PM
Best Male Singer(Debut) - Results

Kirthi Sagathiya, Aalap Raju and Raman Mahadevan didn't find much favor from hubbers getting just less than 5% each. The remaining ones are Yatheeshwar Karthikraja, Suresh Iyer, Alphonse and Ajeesh. Hold on for few minutes before the winner is announced.

littlemaster1982
10th March 2011, 11:06 PM
The winner is...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_zTKOyc3q9PU/TNWjSdMgbjI/AAAAAAAACuU/asVgRlaIKe0/s1600/26849_109738782375714_100000187774393_243645_20228 20_n.jpg

Alphonse Joseph

Alphonse (47.23%) overtook Ajeesh (27.27%) by a handsome margin as Yatheeshwar and Suresh Iyer got 6.82% each and tied for the third place.

Plum
11th March 2011, 07:17 AM
Yatheeshwar third place :lol:

groucho070
11th March 2011, 07:59 AM
There is an interview of him in this month's Cine Fashion. A good looking chap.

Hope you read/buy Cine Fashion - its about the best mag on cinema in Malaysia, with attention paid to language, photos and overall design.Nov, the best mag on cinema in Malaysia-va? Oh, athellam theriyathu. I freelanced for them for a year or so. One of my last contribution was a piece on Manirathnam, where I wrote the good and the bad, she (the editor) published only the good. Best magazine. Yeah, kelvipatten. Best magazine if they did coverage for you. Yeah, most of my life revolved around mag industry, enakkum konjam konjam teriyin.

NOV
11th March 2011, 01:38 PM
Best magazine if they did coverage for you. Yeah, most of my life revolved around mag industry, enakkum konjam konjam teriyin.I was not talking about editorial content.

with attention paid to language, photos and overall design.

I am sure you will not publish the bad and ugly of Madhavan if you own a magazine :yessir:

groucho070
11th March 2011, 01:43 PM
NOV, I will write them myself. Look at my intro in his thread, I did say he is limited, not the next Kamal.

Sunil_M88
11th March 2011, 02:41 PM
Alphonse (47.23%)

Yes :) he's truly deserving of it. That vocal effect at the end of Aaromale sounds like a train has reached its destination.

Simply superb!

groucho070
11th March 2011, 02:52 PM
Best Song Picturisation/Choreography

This is certainly a weird award, but considering the emphasis directors put in making sure, and knowing well, that their movies suck, at least the audience gets to take a gander at the heroines’ cleavages.

Leading the pack is Arima Arima from Endhiran, a sequence which Shankar must have spent the entire GDP of Singapore on. Needless to say, Rajini looked awesome in it, overshadowing his heroine, the brilliant set, and those extremely fake looking silicon lions (cost US$3.99).

Then comes En kadhal solla from Paiya, and Hosana from Vinnai Taandi Varuvayoo which again showcased Goutham Menon’s fixation over the crucifixion pose the heroes often project when they are in lauv.

This followed by Iragai pole (Nan Mahan Alla) and Kilimanjaro, again from Endhiran where Aishwarya Rai showed what would happen if the Loony Toons' Road Runner dances.

More songs from Vinnai Taandi Varuvaya with Mannipaya and Omana Penne, and Kamal gets to showcase his reverse singing talent in the nominated Neela Vaanam song from ManMadhan Ambu. Is there anything this man cannot do? Oh, bungee-jumping into a live volcano? Haha, wait did he hear that?

Last two song in the list is Pookal Pookum (Madarasapattinam) and Usure Poguthey ( Ravanan) the latter in which the heroine went through the extreme torture of looking beautiful all the time.

Pras
11th March 2011, 03:03 PM
where Aishwarya Rai showed what would happen if the Loony Toons' Road Runner dances.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

ajaybaskar
11th March 2011, 07:32 PM
Yuvan's soulful rendition of Iragai pole (NMA) 1.79% didn't fetch the recognition it deserved. ARR's haunting music or Santosh Sivan's stunning cinematography couldnt help Usure Poguthey ( Ravanan) 3.57% get considerable number of votes. Neither could GVM or Manoj Paramahamsa for Mannippaya (VTV) 5.36%. Evergreen Superstar's leg shakes give Kilimanjaro (Endhiran) 7.14% the 7th spot.

Arima Arima (Endhiran), Omana Penne (VTV), and Pookal Pookum (Madarasapattinam) 8.93% managed to get the same number of votes. Tie is seriously irritating!! :banghead:

ajaybaskar
11th March 2011, 11:37 PM
The winner is...

http://www.tamilrelease.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Neela-Vaanam-4.jpg

NEELA VAANAM - Manmadhan Ambu - (23.21%)

The brilliance of UN overshadowed both Hosanna (VTV) 16.07% and En Kadhal Solla (Paiyya) 16.07% which hold the joint 2nd place.

Plum
13th March 2011, 01:47 PM
Idhu dhaan dig at Rajini/KamalA? Lame, grouch, lame.
Expect more. Maybe in best actor results? Take time off sitting ducks vijay and surya and focus on the big two there

groucho070
13th March 2011, 06:15 PM
Idhu dhaan dig at Rajini/KamalA? Lame, grouch, lame.
Expect more. Maybe in best actor results? Take time off sitting ducks vijay and surya and focus on the big two thereHey, I am not a politician to be impartial and neutral okay. I...I...have weaknesses for them. My wife calls them Appaa and Maamaa, for god sake. Naan roomla padukunuma veenama?

groucho070
13th March 2011, 06:17 PM
Best Lyricist

Best lyricist nomination names are interesting because of the names themselves.

First on is Arivumathi. Look at that name. Which parents would name a child two names that means the same thing. It’s like naming your kid, Sooru Saatham or something. This definitely will go down in the history as the most modest name in this side of Batman Villains.

Then we have Chandru, who’s usually played by Navarasa Nayagan Karthik, and Madhan Karky who is, you guys know this very well, son of one of the most brilliant poets/lyricists/writers Kannadhasan.

The list is followed by Mu Mehta, a veteran lyricist who have been writing since the colonial times, and rubbed shoulders, palm and ears with Bharathidhasan, and Na. Muthukumar, who would have gotten my vote for being brilliant, creative and a fellow balding victim.

Other names in Thamarai, again another brilliant writer, Thiagarajan Kumaraja and Yugabharathi. Finally this list is not complete without one name that should be in any nominations lists ever, like Best Praisefest Contendor, the one and only Jimpalakkadi Jimba…wait, let me get the reading glass…oh yea, it’s Vairamuthu.

satissh_r
13th March 2011, 07:02 PM
Best Lyricist
Madhan Karky who is, you guys know this very well, son of one of the most brilliant poets/lyricists/writers Kannadhasan.

Groucho kudambathula en kozhappam undu panringa, Karky oda appa Vairamuthu thane???

sathya_1979
13th March 2011, 08:40 PM
avar since vittutaarunga!

groucho070
14th March 2011, 06:21 AM
satissh, that was intentional, alert-a irukkenggalanu parka.

AudazJay
14th March 2011, 01:46 PM
Best Lyricist

First on is Arivumathi. Look at that name. Which parents would name a child two names that means the same thing. It’s like naming your kid, Sooru Saatham or something. This definitely will go down in the history as the most modest name in this side of Batman Villains.

:rotfl2: Keep them coming bro! :thumbsup:

dinesh2002
14th March 2011, 06:29 PM
God Bless Anwesha for her Tamil songs. Love her Tamil diction and her voice. So smooth and has amazing vibrant in voice's texture. hope to hear her more in Tamil....

Plum
15th March 2011, 05:26 PM
grouch, I think his parents felt that their kid was too smart and named him partially in your mother tongue
aRivu madhi = Enough Intelligence!

Plum
15th March 2011, 05:26 PM
That's not being modest - that is megalomania!

P_R
15th March 2011, 09:39 PM
Er...sorry to be unfunny on a joke. His name is arivazhagan and his friend's name is mathiyazagan. His pen-name was chosen as a nod to their friendship.

Roshan
15th March 2011, 10:19 PM
The list is followed by Mu Mehta, a veteran lyricist who have been writing since the colonial times

:lol: (10 characters che !)

groucho070
16th March 2011, 07:19 AM
grouch, I think his parents felt that their kid was too smart and named him partially in your mother tongue
aRivu madhi = Enough Intelligence!:lol: the thought did cross my mind.

PR, noted.

groucho070
16th March 2011, 07:22 AM
That's not being modest - that is megalomania!I mentioned Batman villains there. My mishtake, it's supposed to be Superman villains. Antha koottathula, Brainiac, Brainiac-nu oru M.N. Nambiar irupparu.

P_R
16th March 2011, 12:47 PM
Best Lyricist Award

Yugabharathi, Arivumathi and Chandru failed to open their accounts
Thiagarajan Kumararaja's offbeats lyrics in Va. Quarter cutting managed to get him only 2.08% while Na.Muthukumar managed 6.25%

Old hand Mu.Metha and debutant lyricist Madhan Karky both bolled 12.5% of the votes. From the looks of his initial songs, we can hope to see Madhan becoming a contender in his own right soon.

So the final tussle is between market leader Vairamuthu and Thamarai, who has, in the last few years managed to hold her own carving a niche for herself and one more cliche I can't think of to round of this sentence.

So, who will it be....

P_R
16th March 2011, 12:49 PM
The winner is...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_w18-tYZV_n4/TOMvQGn-nTI/AAAAAAAABZ0/XsSuVIkbkPU/vairamuthu.jpg

Vairamuthu 43.75%

Vairamuthu polled almost twice as many votes as Thamarai (22.92%) which earns him the Hub award and also the chance to go back home and unleash the phrase: whose your daddy!
There seems to be consensus (http://twitter.com/madhankarky/status/1317611728019456) though :-)

:clap:

ajaybaskar
16th March 2011, 12:54 PM
Where is Roshanji?

Roshan
16th March 2011, 01:32 PM
I am very much here :D Idhellaam obvious choice so no surprise, excitement essetra essetra..

I am more happy to see Karky being nominated and fetching more votes than some of his senior counterparts :) I am sure he will be a strong contender in 2011.

Anyway for formality sake :2thumbsup:

groucho070
16th March 2011, 02:09 PM
I am more happy to see Karky being nominated and fetching more votes than some of his senior counterparts :) I am sure he will be a strong contender in 2011. +1. Absolutely. Congrats Karky's dad.

SoftSword
16th March 2011, 03:59 PM
VM for which song... grouch, neenga remove panra hanger ellaame unwanted hanger dhaan :lol:

NOV
16th March 2011, 06:36 PM
VM for which song... didnt he write for Endhiran and Ravanan?

SoftSword
16th March 2011, 06:46 PM
nov, i wanted to know exactly for which song VM is nominated.
wait, let me recheck if the info is there is any previous pages.

app_engine
16th March 2011, 09:30 PM
I remember voting for "புதிய மனிதா பூமிக்கு வா" :-)

SoftSword
16th March 2011, 09:33 PM
naanum adhukku vottinen'nu nenakkiren....
neenga solli dhaan nyaabagam varudhu.... eppovo nadandha madhiri irukku polling...
someone pls post the nominations and nominated for list if u have.

groucho070
17th March 2011, 07:14 AM
Best Background Score

It’s increasingly interesting to note that a nod has been given to the Background score direction, considering some Hubbers here spent most of their waking hours talking about how they didn’t even realise that there was none in Nadunisi Naygal.

Leading the list is none other than A.R.Rahman who actually should be banned from any awards, and just mail him the trophies on regular basis bar the public holidays.

Next to him is his nephew G.V.Prakash who will forever known as the boy who sang cikku bukku cikku bukku opening. Next on is the both underrated and overrated Vidhyasagar, followed by the dude who always sings like he spent two hours in LA Airport and acquired the accent, Yuvan Shankar Raja.

Last but not least, of course, the composer better known for singing lots of Ramarajan songs, Ilaiyaraja.

Scale
17th March 2011, 09:58 AM
Vairamuthu :clap:

If my memory serves right he has won more awards in hub than anyone. Corrrecta?

Scale
17th March 2011, 10:13 AM
//Next to him is his nephew G.V.Prakash who will forever known as the boy who sang cikku bukku cikku bukku opening. //

enna oru 2% vote vizhundhurukkuma?

Roshan
17th March 2011, 10:41 AM
Best Background Score

It’s increasingly interesting to note that a nod has been given to the Background score direction, considering some Hubbers here spent most of their waking hours talking about how they didn’t even realise that there was none in Nadunisi Naygal.

Leading the list is none other than A.R.Rahman who actually should be banned from any awards, and just mail him the trophies on regular basis bar the public holidays.

Next to him is his nephew G.V.Prakash who will forever known as the boy who sang cikku bukku cikku bukku opening. Next on is the both underrated and overrated Vidhyasagar, followed by the dude who always sings like he spent two hours in LA Airport and acquired the accent, Yuvan Shankar Raja.

Last but not least, of course, the composer better known for singing lots of Ramarajan songs, Ilaiyaraja.

Grouch ....... :lol:

Roshan
17th March 2011, 11:08 AM
I referred this thread to Karky on twitter and he has checked it and replied back saying;

@roshan_aara Thanks for the link :) very happy to find my name in the list. Hope I can do better in the future :)

groucho070
17th March 2011, 11:11 AM
Nice of him. Hope he understood my crack and didn't confront his dad about irubatttu anju varushattukku munnadi thunder lightening flashback.

ajaybaskar
17th March 2011, 11:14 AM
I referred this thread to Karky on twitter and he has checked it and replied back saying;

Hope he becomes an active hubber.. :-)

Plum
21st March 2011, 02:22 PM
Alright, so it is time for the BGM Award. Rumours are that this was given to P_R, and he announced a result where 90% of the votes were for "Attukku dhAdiyum, nAttukku governorum, mass hero padaththukku sensibility-um, ellA padathukku BGM-um thEvai illAdhadhu". So, I am supposed to erase that and give you the real results.

The sensible thing will be to cut the chase, and blurt it out that as expected and deserved, IR walked away with the award. But since we must not hurt poor, little..er.. GV Prakash fans, let's go through the rigmarole.

Plum
22nd March 2011, 01:56 PM
Right, so, hard luck GVP fans - your boy bows out with 1.49% of the votes, presumably for Madrasapattinam. In which case, I'd surmise that's 1.49% more than what I would have allocated him, if it was all upto me - darned democracy! Or, it could be Aayiraththil Oruvan, in which case I dont have a dart to aim at GVP, because I havent seen it. Let's assume he did well there.
Vidhyasagar(I dont know, for what film) shares the same fate.

Another 1.49% votes went to Yuvan Shankar, who holds a far better reputation in these parts as a BGM purveyor than that. Hard luck Yuvan. That's what happens when you accept offers from all and sundry - M Raja for Thillalangadi. Seriously? See GVP? That could have been you for Aayirathil Oruvan, and I am sure your hub fan squad would have done better than a measly 1.49% for that kind of a film. Still, you still made Goa tolerable for me with that rousing ezezhu thalaimuRaikkum. Take the tonty five brownie points a.k.a vengala kiNNam from me.

That leaves, the age old contest in forumhub - NOV's ambitions as a casanova vs his rising age...er..sorry I mean, IR vs ARR.

Rahman lines up an impressive array of Gautam Menon, Manirathnam and Shankar films - each of which had a lot of high points in the songs and/or BGM. Though personally I still cannot condone mustafa mustafa for that scene in VTV.

IR has one solitary offering - Nandhalala. Owing to my complete lack of social responsibility towards supporting meaningful cinema, I missed it in the 3 shows it ran in the theatres, and still haven't caught up with the DVD. And No Rajasarana/Jaiganes/app - please spare me, drop those uruttukattais. Atleast, I shelled out a few rupees to buy the DVD, no?

The question to ask, in such tight contests, as always in the Hub is "Who do the Vijay fans support?". That determines the winner, right? Ok, I am kidding. Wait for one more post.

littlemaster1982
22nd March 2011, 02:12 PM
IR to win this by a handsome margin :)

groucho070
22nd March 2011, 03:13 PM
The question to ask, in such tight contests, as always in the Hub is "Who do the Vijay fans support?". That determines the winner, right?:lol: Intha pakkam varamattangganu thairiyam-u?

Plum
22nd March 2011, 04:41 PM
Alright, so it is time to announce the winner. The winner is, ofcourse.............A.R.Rahman!!

Who am I kidding? It is, ofcourse, the man who redefined the role of BGM in Indian movies, the great Rasaiah of Pannaipuram himself. The margin is not huge, though, 52% to Rahman's 43% so that's a great performance by Rahman, too.
Both sides happy, eh?

NOV: When I signed up for this I didnt realise that you will not give me a minion to do all the jigina work, photos, border frames around photos etc. Come on, I am a manager - I am not used to doing hard work or creative work for that matter. Please get someone to do that . I am a manager, get me out of here :(

http://www.thehindu.com/multimedia/dynamic/00120/03MP_ILAYARAJA_120597f.jpg

Plum
22nd March 2011, 08:19 PM
nandri NOV, LM or whoever supplied the photos!

groucho070
23rd March 2011, 07:41 AM
Geez, IR announce pannavudane oru reaction-um illa? I hear crickets and see tumbleweeds tumbling by. Anyway, namma kadamaiya seyvom.

groucho070
23rd March 2011, 07:44 AM
Best Playback Singer - Female

Here we go again, a list of mostly unknown folk whom I suspect are all ladies.

Or so I think, if I were to dismiss the lead nominee Andrea who seemed to be channelling Louis Armstong a lot. Followed by today's* Harini and highly overrated Shreya Ghosal, and Sudha Raghunathan who is someone, I suspect, who sings.

Then, we have Chinmayi whose chicken like clucking ability induced tons of offers from Cartoon Network, followed by Madhushree who, though she didn’t do the clucking thing, nevertheless deserves offers from Cartoon Network for reasons known by no one else but me because I don’t have a frickin clue what to write about her.

Then, you have honey voiced Sadhana Sargam, bee-wax voiced Saindhavi and Brazillian Bee sting voiced Suchitra.

*lame Malaysian joke, don't bother.

Mahen
23rd March 2011, 09:08 AM
Deiva kuzhaindai highly overrated-va? :roll: Enna Plum ji Grouch ipdi solitaru

Sourav
23rd March 2011, 09:52 AM
Best Playback Singer (Female) - Results

Among the nominees, Madhusree, Saindavi, Suchitra found no takers! Who were those who nominated them?
Chinmayi, Anwesha and Sudha Raghunathan could garner only 2% of the votes, while Harini managed to get 4% of the votes. Sadhana Sargam did slightly better and garnered 6% of votes.

The final two in the race are Andrea and Shreya Ghosal.

Final result shortly....

Scale
23rd March 2011, 10:40 AM
Dr. Groucho demonstrating tonsil & adenoid operations :rotfl2:

Scale
23rd March 2011, 10:43 AM
Which one Dr. otorhinolaryngologist or rhinolaryngologist ? :rotfl:

Mahen
23rd March 2011, 10:52 AM
Best Playback Singer - Female

Madhushree who, though she didn’t do the clucking thing, nevertheless deserves offers from Cartoon Network for reasons known by no one else but me because I don’t have a frickin clue what to write about her.
.[/I]

What ya..Madhusree Tamil valarchi-ku neraya contribute pannirukanga.. :lol2:

groucho070
23rd March 2011, 10:53 AM
Scale, you okay? Any medical attention needed?

Scale
23rd March 2011, 10:56 AM
I will let you know if I come across any potential clients :wink:

Sourav
23rd March 2011, 11:02 AM
The winner is...

http://www.zoomtv.in/wm/zen-cms-images/photo/650x700/s/shreya_ghoshal-01-650x700-2008-12-11.jpg

Shreya Ghosal

Deiva Kuzhanthai Shreya Ghosal got 58% of votes, while Andrea's scintillating voice got her 26% of votes!

Plum
23rd March 2011, 11:08 AM
highly overrated Shreya Ghosal,
:evil: :twisted:

Auto vandhukittE irukku, grouch.

groucho070
23rd March 2011, 11:17 AM
Vanggo oru kay paattukalam *turns and allakai disappears ala Vadivelu* Athu enna deiva kuzhanthai? Avingga enna maattukottaai-la porantthanggala?

Plum
23rd March 2011, 12:10 PM
allOv! kALidAsar nAkkula saraswathi kOdu pOttu vidwat koduththA mAdhiri, Shreya poNNukku poRappulEyE ellA deivangaLum kuralvaLam, sangeetha gnAnam, vidwat ellAm aruLittAnga. Hence, deivakuzhandhai.

groucho070
23rd March 2011, 12:57 PM
Avaloo thaana? Enamo pirappuleye kavasakundalattoda porantha mathiri pesurennga. Imbudduthanaa?

groucho070
23rd March 2011, 01:00 PM
Best Playback Singer - Male

It’s interesting that this year there are nominees who are composers themselves and also pairs of daddies and sons that shows nepotism rules and you’d rather do it yourself than the fee seeking singing chipmunks.

Among the nominees is Ilayaraja, whom previously I introduced as frequent playback singer for a certain milkman, who is also known for being responsible for another nominee Yuvan Shankar Raja who has fierce “no entry” sign in his studio especially two rottweilers that specialises in ripping apart other singers throat.

Another daddy on the list is K.J Yesudass who occasionally descents from wherever he is to remind the us that he is the original, not Vijay Yesudass, the other nominee.

I am also given these names Roopkumar Rathod, Vijay Prakash, Haricharan, whom I have no idea who they are, which I suspect was plucked out of certain rear end to break the votes.

Also in the list is A.R.Rahman, who joined IR and MSV as composers who also sang for Rajini and yet none of them sound like Rajini at all. Unlike Karthik, another nominee in fact.

Last but not least is god himself. *lightening and thunder effect please* The defender of great singing, the purveyor of awesome voice talent, the symbol of cheerful obesity, the golden voiced, the giant bellied, the Man, the Lord, the one and the only ....
S.P.BALASUBRAMANIAM !!! Bow! Bow to the lord all thee minions!

hamid
23rd March 2011, 03:00 PM
//the symbol of cheerful obesity,//

:rotfl2: kalakkuriinga Grouch.. kantinue :clap:

Roshan
23rd March 2011, 03:23 PM
Among the nominees is Ilayaraja, whom previously I introduced as frequent playback singer for a certain milkman, who is also known for being responsible for another nominee Yuvan Shankar Raja

:lol:

Another daddy on the list is K.J Yesudass who occasionally descents from wherever he is to remind the us that he is the original, not [B]Vijay Yesudass

:rotfl:

the symbol of cheerful obesity..... the giant bellied

:rotfl2: :

Groucho :clap:

SoftSword
23rd March 2011, 04:01 PM
did ARR lose it?? :(
thats bad.

Plum
23rd March 2011, 04:27 PM
Avaloo thaana? Enamo pirappuleye kavasakundalattoda porantha mathiri pesurennga. Imbudduthanaa?
pinnE embuttA irundhA othukkuvInga?

Nerd
23rd March 2011, 05:46 PM
ShreyaG overrated-aa? She is underrated in fact. No amount of praise is going to do justice to her talent. Ennaaa vaaice, ennaaa expressions, ennaa ennnaa ennaaa :bow:

SoftSword
23rd March 2011, 05:50 PM
ShreyaG overrated-aa? She is underrated in fact. No amount of praise is going to do justice to her talent. Ennaaa vaaice, ennaaa expressions, ennaa ennnaa ennaaa :bow:

i understood.

Nerd
23rd March 2011, 06:10 PM
:lol: :lol:

Thirumaran
23rd March 2011, 08:50 PM
Best Playback Singer Male 2010 - Result

Vijay Yesudoss ==> 0% K.J yesudoss ==> 5.56 %
YSR 3.7 %, IR 9.26 %

Families out...

Families thaan out nnu paartha thani poatti kaarar AR nilama?

YSR + IR = AR... this equation represents vote percentage.. If some one takes that as AR voice is a combination of IR + YSR, I am not going to defend that.

Haricharan ==> 1.85

Vijay Prakash ==> 9.26%

Strange.. SPB Just 1.85 %

Winner to be announced soon..

SoftSword
23rd March 2011, 08:55 PM
yaru meedhi'nu solradha vittuttu thrill buildup vera :evil:

groucho070
24th March 2011, 07:14 AM
Sari sari, Shreya overated-um illa, underrated-um illa. She's rated, pothuma? :evil:

NOV
24th March 2011, 07:17 AM
she's rated, pothuma? :: x ?

Thirumaran
24th March 2011, 09:18 AM
The Winner of Best Playback Singer - Male is .....

Karthik :clap:

http://way2online.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Singer-Karthik.jpg

Ar. Rehman and Roopkumar Rathod Shares the Second place with 12.96 % Votes each :cool2:

groucho070
24th March 2011, 09:23 AM
Good man, Karthik. Congratulations.

groucho070
24th March 2011, 10:19 AM
Album of the Year

We have lots of nomination for album of the year this year owing to lazy hubbers who has been slacking in their work listening to worthless music and reading stupid award announcements. You have been warned.

Anyway leading the list. Wait, can I say something other than “leading the list”, it’s grating. Okay, ending the list is Ayirattil Oruvan/Madhrasapattinam /Va.

Ending further in the list is Angadi Theru, Mandhira Punnagai / Magizhchi
Mundhinam Paarthene/Moscovin Kauvery

The slashes are actually in the list, I am not making it up. I don’t know what it means either, split votes? Leaning over each other? Shoulder to cry on? I’m going bonkers with one too many announcements?

Okay, deep in the pit are titles like Nandhalala, Paiya and Tenmerku Paruva Katru, the latter title obviously trying to cash on ARR’s fame. Shame on you, you should try to cash on IR’s fame (Plum, Jai, commission please).

Of course, it’s inevitable that ARR is here, with three of his movies nominated, namely Endhiran, Raavanan, Vinnai Thandi Varuvaya all of which contained two of the worst actresses since Kamala Kamesh and Saritha’s sister combined. It’s time you take that break, Rahman.

Cinemarasigan
24th March 2011, 03:12 PM
Album of the Year 2011 - Results

There are 13 albums nominated for the prestigious Album of the Year Award from our Hub

Thenmerku Paruva Kattru, Mundhinam Paarthene/Moscovin Kauvery have not secured even a single vote.. Nominate panniya Punniyavaan Vottu poda marandhuttaar.. :)

Aayirathil Oruvan/Madharasapattinam/Va/ Mandhira Punnagai / Magizhchi have got 1.59% votes each

GVPrakash's Angadi Theru 3.17% & ARR's Endhiran got 3.17% each..

ARR's one more Album Raavanan got 7.94% :!:

There is a tough finght between Nandhalala, Paiya and VTV for the Best Album..

Cinemarasigan
24th March 2011, 03:16 PM
Album of the Year 2011 – Results - continued..

Ilaiya Raja’ album Nandhalala and his son Yuvan composed Paiya got equal percentage of votes… 14.29% each :2thumbsup:

Cinemarasigan
24th March 2011, 03:24 PM
Album of the Year 2011

Double Oscar Winner ARR’s album Vinnai Thandi Varuvaya got the whopping 53.97% votes, miles ahead from the other albums.. :victory:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kLvzpyZm7zM/S-5THeEtSqI/AAAAAAAAMxQ/EvYqXDLAOwg/s1600/ar-rahman-new-latest-photos-stills-images-04.jpg

groucho070
24th March 2011, 03:29 PM
Oh well, expected. Congrats ARR.

Riyazz
24th March 2011, 03:41 PM
AR :clap: nan ravanan varumnu ethir parthan.... just missu.....

AudazJay
25th March 2011, 10:20 AM
Congrats ARR! :clap::clap: Although I prefer Raavanan to VTV, nevertheless I'm still happy that ARR won this! :2thumbsup:

raghavendran
25th March 2011, 12:52 PM
AR :clap:...VTV..sureshot winnernu edhirpathen..super

littlemaster1982
25th March 2011, 12:54 PM
A well deserved award 8-)

SoftSword
25th March 2011, 04:15 PM
thanks guys... VTV :thumbsup:
ARRs best work of the decade, though it has two average(acc to his standards) numbers.

Nerd
25th March 2011, 09:09 PM
VTV, yeah. One of the bestest ever. Enthiran is good, Raavanan is maha mokkai.

Wibha
25th March 2011, 09:35 PM
Ofcourse Rahman and Karthik would get it :cool: :clap:

dinesh2002
27th March 2011, 08:52 PM
Was expecting Endhiran to do the trick.... Kilimanjaro is just a kickass number..... not to 4get the classy Pudhiya Manitha.... and the youthful "Kaadhalan" kinda number, Irumbile! nevertheless, Congrats to ARR for VTV....

groucho070
28th March 2011, 10:43 AM
Song of the year - 2010

I don’t listen to new songs all that much except when A.R Rahman decides to take a break and composes Tamizh songs. But more on him later.

Songs that I may have heard about but don’t give not only two hoots, but three horns, four snorts, are En kathal solla (Paiya), Iragai pole (NMA), Onnukonna (Nandhalala),Pookal pookkum (Madharasapattinam), Un perai sollum (Angadi Theru). Though I have seen three of the films, I can’t remember the songs at all, that’s how awesome they are.

Usure poguthey from Raavanan goes on to show that as great as Vairamuthu was, sometimes he goes batshit insane when writes that the protagonist’s life leaves him when the heroin twists (twitch?) her lips. For the same heroine, years ago, he had the protagonist declare that he is willing to drink her sweat. Excuse me one nimits for five nimits....

...ah...feeling better...anyway, that song was composed by Rahman as he did for the film Vinnai Taandi Varuvaya where two songs made it here, Aaromale a bluesy, folksy, shout from the jungle song and Mannippaya which I conveniently forgot.

Next on, ARR not only composed, but also sang for Rajini, a number titled Irumbile (Endhiran) where on Rajini does lots of Aerobics for the geriatrics. But that’s not A.R Rahman’s fault, unless you want to blame him for the next nominated song, Puthiya manitha (Endhiran), where he made S.P. Bala sound like mating hippos. Who am I kidding I love both songs.

Plum
28th March 2011, 01:33 PM
Now, that was caustic enough. :thumbsup: grouch. Although you should really get out of the habit of grouping IR with his son's also-ran nominations. I can't promise that I'll forever be able to hold back the sangam members from boarding an auto to Batuh Kerih*, or whatever they call your place in Malay.
* - I hope I havent hit on some swear word - it was just a random malay-sounding name I coined

groucho070
28th March 2011, 01:58 PM
Sounds Malay enough, more north Peninsular. But you mean Batu Caves? Mr. Murugan's stronghold? Shoorr, but I yam staying elsewhere mate, come and find me you IR fans!!!!*

*remba thairiyama pesura, Grouch, did you think about Malaysian IR fans with GPS???

Siv.S
29th March 2011, 01:39 PM
Song of the Year 2010

They wanted me to announce the song which is not much in my fav,never thought that hubbers votes will beat my fav song of last year :evil:

ok let start the eliminations.... Yuvan's one of the biggest hit "En kathal solla" managed to get only 3% votes whereas "Pookal pookum" got 7.6% .. This is not fair guys :twisted:

Namma "Aaromale" "Puthiya manitha" got 9%,3% respectively..

Unperai sollum puthu.. Usurey poguthey got 4% each..

Iragai pole,Irumbiley,Mannippaya,Onnukkonnu were topped the charts...

Siv.S
29th March 2011, 04:17 PM
Irgai pole got 6 %
Mannippaya got 15.38%..
Onnukkonnu got 16.92%

and the Winner is

:clap: :clap: Irumbiley Or Irudhayam (29.23%) :clap:

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LOLLrxnWa9U/TFkPDWo6-FI/AAAAAAAAAq4/XJb3pddh870/connect-indya.blogspot.com-Endhiran%20(18).jpg

Mahen
29th March 2011, 06:47 PM
Manipaya losttaaaaaaaaaaa :(

SoftSword
29th March 2011, 08:29 PM
ya i would have preferred mannippaya over irumbilae... anyway both had arr voice...

mr.famous grouse,
u really forgot mannippaya? that can happen only if u did not listen to the VTV cd more than twice.. and in that case how can u recall wat kinda song aromale was??
ipdi thatti kekka aal illaadhadhaala dhaan neenga potti mela potti vaangittu araajagam panringa :lol:

groucho070
30th March 2011, 08:50 AM
:lol: Aromale adikkadi TVla poduvangga boss. I don't have the CD, not intending to get one either. ARR voice naala, tiruppi ketkanumnu aaruvam irukku.

dinesh2002
31st March 2011, 08:30 AM
Irumbile certainly had the typical ARR "Kadhalan" kinda touch... which really attracted me.....! nice to see ARR in his form after such a long time..... Congrats ARR!

NOV
31st March 2011, 11:46 AM
A quick review...

Hub Awards 2011 Results - Tamil Film Music

Song of the year - Irumbile (Endhiran)

Album of the year - Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaaya

Best Playback Singer - Male Karthik

Best Playback Singer - Female Shreya Ghosal

Best Lyricist - Vairamuthu

Best Picturisation / Choreography - Neela Vaanam (Manmadhan Ambu)

Best Singer Debut - Male - Alphonse Joseph

Best Singer Debut - Female - Anwesha Datta Gupta

Best Background Score - Ilaiayaraja

Best Music Director - http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_92E8fZ0HCXg/TNqut38Ws7I/AAAAAAAAFDU/x84BbTTp-ig/s1600/coming-soon.jpg

ajaybaskar
31st March 2011, 11:50 AM
Ella pugazhum oruvan oruvanukke...

SoftSword
31st March 2011, 04:56 PM
:lol: Aromale adikkadi TVla poduvangga boss. I don't have the CD, not intending to get one either. ARR voice naala, tiruppi ketkanumnu aaruvam irukku.

ARR voice? endha paatta solringa?

groucho070
1st April 2011, 08:24 AM
ARR voice? endha paatta solringa?Mannipaya?

groucho070
1st April 2011, 08:26 AM
Best Music Director

NOV, do we still have awards left to give to A.R Rahman? Oh, you’ve sent for a container. Okay, I’ll read the nomination list anyway.

Apart from the obvious winner, duh, is his nephew again, one Mr. G.V Prakash who kept giving one lame composition after another after showing potential in Veyyil. When was that? 25 years ago?

Then there are names that has escaped me time and time again and are now on a man-made raft in the sea of my amnesia attempting to board my ship of selected memory, namely Kannan (Tamil Padam), N.R.Rahanthan (Thenmerku Paruvakaatru) and Thaman.

Then you have the usual nominee Vidhyasagar...*yawn*... and, again, one of thousand Vijays, who worked for Kanden Seethaiyai.

If I began with uncle and nephew, I shall end the list with dad and son, Ilayaraja who can still rock the boat when he’s not tinkering with the boring synthesiser stuff and junior, Yuvan Shankar Raja, who’d rather strangle himself with guitar string than avoid tinkering with the boring synthesiser stuff.

Who wins this category? If “obvious answer” is not your answer, I suggest you leave the Hub and become member of “Hey, I’ve just discovered world wide web” forum.

littlemaster1982
1st April 2011, 10:45 AM
Though they had somewhat promising debut, Vijay and N.R.Rahananthan failed to get any votes. Thaman shares the same fate too :( Kannan and Vidhyasagar, did little better and got 1.37% votes each. G.V. Prakash's much celebrated Madarasapattinam could get him only 6.85% of votes. The ones remaining in the race are Ilaiyaraja, Yuvan Shankar Raja and AR Rahman.

Who is going to be the MD of the year? Take a guess ;)

Mahen
1st April 2011, 11:16 AM
Guess vera pannanuma :evil: isnt it obvious?

ajaybaskar
1st April 2011, 11:18 AM
Adhaane? Its like asking "Who is the best batsman in the world?" :evil:

littlemaster1982
1st April 2011, 11:19 AM
The winner is...

http://i52.tinypic.com/169mbsh.jpg

A.R.Rahman

No prices for guessing :p ARR got a whopping 56.16% of votes while IR finished a distant second with 19.18%. Yuvan Shankar Raja got 15.07% to get third place.

groucho070
1st April 2011, 11:27 AM
NIce pix, mate.

littlemaster1982
1st April 2011, 11:29 AM
Thanks Groucho. Ajay has posted this in ARR section sometime back. Mind-la vachirundhen, use pannitten :p

sathya_1979
1st April 2011, 11:30 AM
Thalaivar AKA kadavUL :clap: :notworthy:

NOV
1st April 2011, 02:09 PM
Note of Appreciation

http://img1.coolspacetricks.com/images/commentgraphics/thank-you/91551.gif

We would like to thank all moderators and hubbers who assisted in conducting this 2011 edition of the the Hub Awards.
Sepcial mention must be made of Hubber Rakesh, who goes by the id of Groucho070, for his excellent introduction of the nominees.
A round of applause to all please!

:clap: :clap: :clap: