PDA

View Full Version : Hub Sports Awards 2010

P_R
12th January 2011, 07:09 PM
Friends, the polls are over and its time for the results now.

Keep watching this space as we announce the following awards:

1 Best Cricket Team
2 Best Football Team (BPL)
3 Batsman of the Year
4 Footballer of the Year
5 Bowler of the Year
6 Best Football Team (International)

NOV
9th March 2011, 01:17 PM
After a short hiatus due to the migration of the Hub, we are back at announcing the results of Hub Awards 2011.
With the new platform, we hope to do a better presentation!

Get ready people! :D

groucho070
9th March 2011, 02:51 PM
Best International Football Team.

Yes, I will be your presenter today. Here we go:

I think it goes without saying that Argentina has been the best for many years if not for severe suicidal bombings by Brazil fans in the respective embassies.

Anyway, joining Maradona’s team this year in the nomination list would be “endearing” Spain, “cybernetics” Germany, “it’s not hand of god dammit” England, “neither here or there” Nedherlands, “Pickled” Uruguay, “Folksy” Gana and “we are not Uruguay's evil twin sister” Paraguay. Brazil gets kicked out for technical reason. Okay, that was a joke. They are in. Defuse that bomb. Please.

groucho070
10th March 2011, 11:10 AM
Bowler of the year

Mods wanted me to announce this category despite the fact that the only thing I know about cricket is that it makes noise by rubbing its hind leg. Anyway, when mods tell you to jump, you shouldn’t ask, “who’s coming for tea”

The nominees are Dale Steyn, Graham Swann and Harbhajan Singh who was last seen reading news in our national TV station. No?

Alright, then we have James Anderson (Sam's evil brother), Morne Morkel, R Ashwin. Hey, my heavy metal buddy….what’s he doing here. Add to the list, you have Ryan Harris, Shakib Al Hasan, Steve Finn and Zaheer Khan who’s either sibling to Salman, Amir or Shah Rukh Khan. There, I just did a religious stereotyping crack. Sue me.

19thmay
10th March 2011, 11:15 AM
:lol:

It will be Steyn or Zak

littlemaster1982
10th March 2011, 04:32 PM
Best International Football Team - Results

England, Netherlands, Uruguay and Paraguay had no takers. Ghana and Argentina did slightly better, getting 7.14% votes each. The teams in the final round are Brazil, Germany and Spain. Watch this space to know who emerges as winner.

NOV
10th March 2011, 04:36 PM
I think it goes without saying that Argentina has been the best for many years

Ghana and Argentina did slightly better, getting 7.14% votes each. :poke: :lol:

19thmay
10th March 2011, 05:08 PM
Best International Football Team - Results

England, Netherlands, Uruguay and Paraguay had no takers. Ghana and Argentina did slightly better, getting 7.14% votes each. The teams in the final round are Brazil, Germany and Spain. Watch this space to know who emerges as winner.

Spain-a? It has to be Spain, world cup winners!

littlemaster1982
10th March 2011, 05:35 PM
The winner is...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_J3_liDBfbvs/S_B9ARDxeiI/AAAAAAAAroY/hi6DdG4up4Q/s1600/Spain+Football+Team+Photo.jpg

Spain

Spain wins the award for Best International Football Team with 42.86%. Germany finished second with 28.57% and Brazil got just 14.29% votes.

NOV
10th March 2011, 05:41 PM
suddenly I like torres :lol2:

NOV
10th March 2011, 06:01 PM
Spain reign supreme

Spain remain in pole position in Fifa's latest world rankings, with England locked in sixth spot.

The reigning World and European champions are 150 points clear of second-placed Holland, the side they saw off in the final of last summer's World Cup.
Germany's consistency sees them hang on to fourth place, with Joachim Low's side yet to drop a point in qualification for Euro 2012.

Argentina now hold the honour of being South America's top side, as they clamber above neighbours Brazil into fourth.

England sit sixth, with Fabio Capello hoping a productive run to next year's European Championships will see the Three Lionsbecome upwardly mobile.

Uruguay, Croatia, Portugal and Greece make up the top 10, edging 2006 World Champions Italy into 11th.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12010_6804433,00.html?utm_source=twitterfe ed&utm_medium=facebook

littlemaster1982
10th March 2011, 10:16 PM
Bowler of the Year - Results

Morne Morkel might be a terrific bowler, but getting votes isn't his forte it seems. He is the only bowler who didn't get any vote :( Steve Finn, Ryan Harris, Harbhajan Singh and Shakib Al Hassan got 3.13% of votes each, while R Ashwin, Greame Swann and James Anderson tied with 6.25% votes.

Zaheer and Steyn had a great year and they ended up in the top two. Who is gonna win? Wait and watch 8-)

littlemaster1982
10th March 2011, 11:09 PM
The winner is...

http://icc-cricket-worldcup-2011.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/dale1.jpg

Dale Steyn

Though it looked like it is going to be a tough fight, Dale Steyn got a whopping 50% ahead of Zaheer Khan who got 9.38%.

groucho070
11th March 2011, 02:56 PM
Footballer of The Year

What exactly is the criteria for this award is not exactly known. According to a mysterious source, the main criterion includes looking good in shorts, but she may be speculating

Since sport is boring for me, I shall not talk much. Leading the list is Xavi Hernandez , followed by Andres Iniesta, Iker Casillas, Wesley Sneidjer and Lionel Messi.

Then you have Diego Forlan, Thomas Mueller, David Villa, Miroslav Klose,
Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.

That’s about it I guess. Did I mention Lionel Messi? I did huh? Sharp aren’t you?

kid-glove
11th March 2011, 06:03 PM
Seems like no one cares about this stuff. But pretty funny there Grouch. Seriously the 'looking good in shorts' bit brings out a chuckle. And some more.

Messi should win comfortably.

ajaybaskar
11th March 2011, 07:57 PM
Cristiano 'Basu' Ronaldo 0% is the last of the lot. The handsome David Villa, aging warhorse Miroslav Klose, Diego Forlan, Andres Iniesta and Iker Casillas are tied up with 4.55% of votes each.

groucho070
11th March 2011, 09:36 PM
Thilak, if you need to know, the mysterious source happened to be married to me. Oh shi!t, men for football!

ajaybaskar
11th March 2011, 11:07 PM
Xavi Hernandez and Thomas Mueller are joint 3rd with 9.09% votes each. Wesley Sneidjer holds the 2nd postion with 13.64% votes

The winner is...

http://www.topnews.in/files/Lionel_Messi_Barcelon.jpg
LIONEL MESSI 45.45%

kid-glove
12th March 2011, 12:53 AM
Thilak, if you need to know, the mysterious source happened to be married to me. Oh shi!t, men for football!

Ha! Thought so..

Raikkonen
12th March 2011, 03:53 AM
poor xavi gets boycotted again.

Puliyan_Biryani
12th March 2011, 11:36 AM
“Pickled” Uruguay
Oorukaai :rotfl:. Good one, Grouch.

'Liver'pool pathi enna solla poreengalo :shaking:.

groucho070
24th March 2011, 08:11 AM
Batsman Of the Year

If you have just the best Batsmen of all time, I think the result for this poll is easy, it’s Michael Keaton dammit!!

Oh wait, right. It’s that damned cricket again, you folks treat it like religion don’t you?

So, big on this list is Sachin Tendulkar who might as well start a religion called Sachinologist or Tendulkarian, so many eager members here.

Then we have names Virendar Sehwag, Hashim Amla and Thilan Samaraweera. Who are these people, why they are in this list, and what is their significance in this existence called The Hub is a mystery currently being processed by the ministry of propaganda at the bunker. I don’t know what I am talking about but you will get the idea if you go immediately to your pharmacist.

Next on we have Virat “the chicken” Kohli, Jonathan “the deep” Trott, and Ian “Idea Mani” Bell.

The last three names include JH Kallis, AB de Villiers, VVS Laxman, those initials owing to extremely lazy parents.

Cinemarasigan
25th March 2011, 01:30 PM
Batsman Of the Year 2010 - Results

Ian Bell, Hashim Amla and his SA team mate AB de Villiers have not got any votes

Royal Challenger star Virat Kohli & Jonathan Trott got 2.22% each..

The lone Srilankan in the nominees list Thilan Samaraweera got 4.44%

South African Allrounder JH Kallis got 6.67% votes

That leaves the Indian Trio Sehwag, Laxman and Sachin to contest for the top 3 spots..

Cinemarasigan
25th March 2011, 03:02 PM
Batsman Of the Year 2010 - Results Continued..

Marana Adi Maaveeran Virendar Sehwag got 8.89% votes and is in 3rd place

The stylish and reliable Hyderabadi VVS Laxman got 13.33% votes and secured 2nd place

Cinemarasigan
25th March 2011, 03:06 PM
The Winner of Batsman of the Year Award

Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar is miles ahead of all the others with 62.22% Votes

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/oct2008/6/9/0A1ABF17-FFA6-2EE8-988FD8357B836AAC.jpg

groucho070
28th March 2011, 10:35 AM
Best Football Team - Premier League

Somehow the Premier League has captured the hearts and minds of everyone in this world except the US, which is enamoured by a game where some guys carry a ball around, with their own pair protected considering they are wearing something that’s designed to ram a goddam tank.

So, here we have who’s who of football world. First in the list, Manchester United, which club’s fans think that by becoming one they sit on the right side of god when actually they are more annoying than those damned noisy pigeons that sit by your window sill in the weekend morning.

Of course, you have Chelsea which I am fond of because the literary James Bond lives there. And Arsenal, the poor blokes always get the butt end of the jokes, if you know what I mean.

Then, there’s Liverpool which I am not allowed to make a crack about because I’d like to sleep on the bed, thank you dear.

My beloved Tottenham Hotspur makes it to the list because of my one frickin’ vote, thank you mods. Next you have clubs that earn living by gambling pools, like Blackpool, selling hams, like Fulham, and selling sundries like Sunderland. God bless you guys if you are not relegated soon.

Last but not the least you have Manchester City forever hidden by the gigantic winds broke by Man United, and Everton which unfortunately is so insignificant I don’t know what crack to make of this club, except that it reminds me of Oliver Twist during the porridge scene.

NOV
28th March 2011, 06:04 PM
:rotfl:

:thumbsup: Rakesh. :D

satissh_r
29th March 2011, 11:42 AM
Best Football Team - Premier League

Here come the results...

Everton, Fulham and Sunderland pick up no votes while Chelsea and Man City could buy no votes

Blackpool and Tottenham Hotspur end up with 3.33% of votes for their bravery in the top flight of EPL

The KOPites of Liverpool walk away with 10% of the votes placing them in the 3rd position :clap:

Next come the mighty Gunners of Arsenal with their flair brand of football get 30% of vote share making them 2nd in our awards :notworthy:

And the winner is... do I hear the cooing sound of Pigeons? Hell yeah, I do!!

Making history year after year the Red Devils of Manchester United :devil: with 53.33% of the total votes polled

http://wallpampers.com/pictures/1221/manchester_united.jpg

NOV
31st March 2011, 11:52 AM
A quick review

Hub Awards 2011 Results - Sports

Best Football Team (BPL) - Manchester United

Batsman of the Year - Sachin Tendulkar

Footballer of the Year - Lionel Messi

Bowler of the Year - Dale Steyn

Best Football Team (International) - Spain

Best Cricket Team- http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_92E8fZ0HCXg/TNqut38Ws7I/AAAAAAAAFDU/x84BbTTp-ig/s1600/coming-soon.jpg

Rbee
31st March 2011, 02:09 PM
Boy: Daddy, I came first in a running competition
The boy's father: Oh very well!! How many participants were there?
Boy: Just me

satissh_r
31st March 2011, 03:24 PM
Boy: Daddy, I came first in a running competition
The boy's father: Oh very well!! How many participants were there?
Boy: Just me

Does that mean Liverpool et al. are no competition ? ;)

sathya_1979
31st March 2011, 05:04 PM
:smoke through all holes: :lol2:

SoftSword
31st March 2011, 05:56 PM
:smoke through all holes: :lol2:

dhinamum kaalaila elundhadhum oru poondu patthai saapdunga.

sathya_1979
31st March 2011, 06:39 PM
dhinamum kaalaila elundhadhum oru poondu patthai saapdunga.
indha prachanai enakku illa

groucho070
1st April 2011, 08:16 AM
Best Cricket Team

With all the excitement going on with the world cup it is without doubt this award would be of a great concern to many Malaysians.

Haha, who am I kidding. Malaysians know cricket like Americans know humility. If cricket match were the only thing that can help disputes among the participating countries instead of guns and bombs, then the entire world might as well switch off everything, announce the end of global warming, curl and die. It’s that intense.

First, we have the usual suspects of the cricket world, like India, England South Africa and Pakistan.

Then we have the unusual suspects of the cricket world on the account that I don’t have much to talk about, like Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, completing the South Asian Category.

Next on are the lands of barbie and bad English accent, Australian, New Zealand and West Indies.

Whoever wins and gets the Hubs attention will spend lots of sleepless nights wondering that the hell Softsword is and why a forum member would have enough low self esteem to call itself Plum.

aanaa
1st April 2011, 10:28 PM
The Winner of the
http://www.mybindi.com/lifestyle/images/perspectives/cricketshot.jpg
is

http://www.southdreamz.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/india-cricket-team.jpg

runner up is http://www.4to40.com/images/newsat4/2011/3/England_Cricket_Board_Logo.jpg got 21.21 %

and third place goes to
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-HKYy_f4edns/TYN3rShbKBI/AAAAAAAAGGE/n8kKPXUBCmg/s1600/Bangladesh-South%2BAfrica%2BCricket%2BLogo.JPG
= 6.06%

New Zealand got 3.03 %

and Srilanka, Australia, Pakistan, West Indies 0%

NOV
2nd April 2011, 10:54 AM
Note of Appreciation

http://world.std.com/~ecrowley/html_course/html_course_description/images/thank_you.gif

We would like to thank all moderators and hubbers who assisted in conducting this 2011 edition of the the Hub Awards.
Sepcial mention must be made of Hubber Rakesh, who goes by the id of Groucho070, for his excellent introduction of the nominees.
A round of applause to all please!

:clap: :clap: :clap: