PDA

View Full Version : Do 'Ghosts' Exist?

Raghu
26th January 2005, 09:10 PM
Dear All,

We have discussed about the existence of GOD regardless of the fact that GOD does exists, now let's discuss about supernatural existence. In Hinduism, it is said that, When the Soul leaves this body, the souls state is decided on the time of departure, for example, If a man loved some thing, which he could not have (Attached to this material world), to fulfil his desire, the soul takes another form of body, but as far as I know, it only enters a new body (i.e. new born body, as there is no soul at the time of Birth). But Ghosts seems to enter living bodies with other souls according to myths. Is this true or is it all our Imagination? :? :cry: :cry:

Raghu
26th January 2005, 09:52 PM
oops :oops:

I should have typed 'Do Ghosts exists', in stead of Does, this is what happens, when u type in hurry, while your boss sits next to you :lol:

have a look at this link

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4202457.stm

Bad Boy
26th January 2005, 09:57 PM
Dear All,

We have discussed about the existence of GOD regardless of the fact that GOD does NOT exists, FULLSTOP

But Ghosts seems to enter living bodies with other souls according to myths. Is this true or is it all our Imagination? :? :cry: :cry:

Yes, yes ghosts do exist: I also habe a Jeany in a bottle!

Querida
26th January 2005, 10:22 PM
yeah i have a genie on the run from the bottle... :P but i think alive people are scary enough...ghosts just can't get over how stupid we look when scared out of our wits... :D :P

mellon
27th January 2005, 12:04 AM
Ghosts???

Of course they do exist in some people's mind and, some can sure see them when they are visiting their "bangalaw" or something.

One needs to be "gifted" to see them though. A "special kind of mind" with a "special kind of eyes" are needed and obviously one needs to have a "special vision " as well, to see the existing ghosts.

You may be lucky if u are NOT A "gifted" one and so u happened to be born with lack of such a "vision". Because u dont have to deal with them as there are so much more to do in our lifes :) :)

Rohit
27th January 2005, 12:47 AM
We have discussed about the existence of GOD regardless of the fact that GOD does exists

If one could wishfully deduce the existence of a non-existent entity, simply because one strongly believes/wants to believe “something” to be true therefore that “something’ is true; then why remain doubtful about the non-existence of any non-existent entity anyway? :wink:

Rohit
27th January 2005, 01:04 AM
Or should I say Raghu, in your own terminology, “everything”, and I literally mean “everything”, is just an illusion and nothing more. I shall leave it to you, if you could perceive any “reality” whatsoever, so to say, out of such non-existent entities. :lol:

Garage Teams
27th January 2005, 04:09 AM
http:www.garageteams.tk
Garage Teams

Garage Teams
27th January 2005, 04:09 AM
http://www.garageteams.tk

NOV
27th January 2005, 06:21 AM
oops :oops:

I should have typed 'Do Ghosts exists', in stead of Does, this is what happens, when u type in hurry, while your boss sits next to you :lol:

have a look at this link

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4202457.stm Happy now eh? :D

Querida
27th January 2005, 09:37 AM
We have discussed about the existence of GOD regardless of the fact that GOD does exists

If one could wishfully deduce the existence of a non-existent entity, simply because one strongly believes/wants to believe “something” to be true therefore that “something’ is true; then why remain doubtful about the non-existence of any non-existent entity anyway? :wink:

Rohit that was deep...couldn't have said it more concisely if i wrote up a mill or more drafts...anyways don't we make things more real by believing in them...i mean like the lack of the supernatural in western countries...but when back in KL there was no discussion about it everyone believed...scepticism was seen as a lack of experience...all encounters may not be hallucinations...but maybe 'ghosts' exist or come into existence if we believe they/it do exist...hope ya'll ain't lost by now...or as mellon says you already come with a sense about them...which burns cause then you really don't have a bloody choice now do ya?

Shekhar
27th January 2005, 09:47 AM
I think the title should be "Do ghosts exist?"

If you believe in ghosts, then there could be a ghost or ghosts among hubbers too.!! :lol:
Then who is it likely to be?!!...
Looking at the avatars.. I am getting scared of Querida !!:lol: :lol:

Querida
27th January 2005, 09:52 AM
I think the title should be "Do ghosts exist?"

If you believe in ghosts, then there could be a ghost or ghosts among hubbers too.!! :lol:
Then who is it likely to be?!!...
Looking at the avatars.. I am getting scared of Querida !!:lol: :lol:

what's this attacking my avatar? Easy for you to say cause you gots no avatar...though your words are not so easy on the eyes either :P :lol:
anyways Shekhar close your eyes and type...then u can type just like Mr. Raghu... :P just a heads up Mr. Raghu as much as you'd like to put your fingers in you ears and chant 'all of them just jealous' you better start using that edit button soon...hubbers here like to correct others more than we'd like to make sense (moi aussi) :P

r_kk
27th January 2005, 10:23 AM
Belief on Ghost is mainly due to the human eager to have endless life. And most of the Ghost stories are outcome of human myth making process.
If we have to assume that the “athma” of a human has to move around the place of death in case of any unnatural death, most of the “operation theatres” of hospitals might be filled with Ghosts…
If we have to assume that “athma” will be moving around the burial place, those most of the apartments in Singapore (many of them built on old cemetery) might be the wandering places of Ghosts…
Then people may ask the reason behind so many ghost stories even some of them from the reputable persons. I will explain it later. If any one wants to know immediately, try to search “hypnagogia” in internet. It will provide reason why such people saw (not with eyes but with brain!!!) in the midnight!!!

Roshan
27th January 2005, 10:51 AM
Ghosts???

Of course they do exist in some people's mind and, some can sure see them when they are visiting their "bangalaw" or something.

LOL@mellon :lol: :lol:

You may be lucky if u are NOT A "gifted" one and so u happened to be born with lack of such a "vision". Because u dont have to deal with them as there are so much more to do in our lifes :) :)

Hey ! I'm one of those luckiest then ! :D and I'm sure 'The Bad Luck' will never befall me :wink: :lol: :lol:

Roshan
27th January 2005, 10:55 AM
Or should I say Raghu, in your own terminology, “everything”, and I literally mean “everything”, is just an illusion and nothing more. I shall leave it to you, if you could perceive any “reality” whatsoever, so to say, out of such non-existent entities. :lol:

Hahaha that was superb!!

Rohit, I donno if you understand Tamil but I should say - it was a 'NETTHI ADI' !!

Ithu eppadi irukku !!!! :wink:

Roshan
27th January 2005, 11:00 AM
r_kk,

A sensible post once again !! Please continue !

Raghu
27th January 2005, 05:07 PM
R_KK

Wrong! Spirits leaving the body, enters another body according to your poorva genma karmas,
This can be avoided by pure devotion to the lord, Krishna says "at the time of death at least, if
One devotes towards the lord and only the lord is in his/her mind", the soul will attain ‘Mukthi (salvation)'.

If the soul at the time of departing the body, is still in love with this world,
Such as passion and lust, the soul will have to take another body to fulfil its desires.

Besides, spirits may be wandering without going into any body! spirits and ghosts does not necessarily
Be bad or evil, it all depends on the ATHMA of the departed body. If you love something so much in life or obsessed with some thing
Your mind will be always thinking about it, wanting to have it, this is true in this world, so if that ATHMA can not
Get what it wanted in this life, the ATHMA would surely be wandering around until it gets what it wants. This makes logical sense!

Raghu
27th January 2005, 05:13 PM
Rohit Ji

So According to you, I have a terminology :D

Roshan & Querida & Shekar,

I was after healthy discussion here, so please try and post some thing relevant

Querida,

I post from work, it is very difficult to post most of the time, as my boss sits next to me, and she can c what ever i have on the screen! and so your posting about me typing with a blind eye was not funny, better luck next time :(

Roshan
27th January 2005, 05:25 PM
Rohit Ji

:banghead: :banghead:

Bad Boy
27th January 2005, 06:18 PM
Querida,

I post from work, it is very difficult to post most of the time, as my boss sits next to me, and she can c what ever i have on the screen! and so your posting about me typing with a blind eye was not funny, better luck next time :(

Raghu,
Can i get her number, all the time she is busy then you can hub here without being anxious. Is she blonde or black, damn at the moment i don't care if it is even not a she at all. Ok, I go and search for uncle sid for his rear end i love the most.

Rohit, Neththiadi means right between the eyes, perfect shot.

Shakthiprabha.
27th January 2005, 07:16 PM
So whats the conclusion, Do ghosts exist?

and I dont mean in our minds..

Some ppl have a weird argument that IF GOD EXISTS,
GHOSTS DO TOO. Now that most of us are sceptic about
the existence of god..... DO GHOSTS EXIST?

..I haven't had any experiences of talkin bout it,
though I have hear-say exp of friends. Touch wood,
I DONT WANT ANY EXP too.

NOV
27th January 2005, 07:59 PM
Raghu, stop discussing specific religions.

Raghu
27th January 2005, 08:33 PM
So whats the conclusion, Do ghosts exist?
..I haven't had any experiences of talkin bout it,
though I have hear-say exp of friends. Touch wood,
I DONT WANT ANY EXP too.

:lol: :lol: , that's a good one!

Bad Boy
27th January 2005, 09:08 PM
DO GHOSTS EXIST?

Yes definitely, Bettina is still floating arround me, still after 4 1/2 months.

Or are we talking of zombies. They do exist. There is s parasite that causes your living death.

Rohit
27th January 2005, 11:16 PM
Rohit that was deep......

.....scepticism was seen as a lack of experience...

Not as deep as the eye on my screen, in which even the most adamant ghost would want to dive and disappear forever. :)

Regarding scepticism and experience, I am sure the power of non-existent million dollars in one’s bank account would weigh far more than that of any existing ghosts in one’s mind. :lol:

Rohit
27th January 2005, 11:20 PM
Rohit, I donno if you understand Tamil but I should say - it was a 'NETTHI ADI' !!

I am afraid, I don’t. :oops:

Thanks for the compliment - courtesy of BB :)

Rohit
27th January 2005, 11:35 PM
Rohit Ji

Don’t you? Then please make some real propositions on illusions so that all ghosts can turn up in reality. :lol:

:banghead: :banghead:
Yes, Raghu. I think, I am afraid, you just have a terminology.

Querida
28th January 2005, 03:55 AM
Querida,

hmmm well you weren't supposed to take it seriously...cause like i said i'd be one of the foremost to use the edit button...anyways maybe you can give examples or experiences to move this thread along...or you could always invite our own experts @ the spooky tales thread to lend their support :D

Rohit
28th January 2005, 03:41 PM
Honestly, no pun or sarcasm is intended here, but one cannot just back one belief system (of ghosts) by another belief system (of religion/atma/soul etc.) simply because one believes/wants to believe something purely based on invalidated tenets of the base belief system. I am afraid; the world doesn’t work that way, unfortunately. So, if someone really wants to make some sense out of this thread, please make some substantial claims/assertions that are not based on any controversial, contradicting and invalidated belief system.

I really don’t intend to discourage anyone or disappoint anyone by this, but I don’t see any point going round circles when nothing whatsoever is adequately verified in such belief systems. I hope; I don’t sound too dispassionate to shake up anyone’s emotional balance. :|

Bad Boy
28th January 2005, 04:52 PM
I hope; I don’t sound too dispassionate to shake up anyone’s emotional balance. :|
You should hope to create a cylone in their minds Rohit. The misuse of human brainpower should be punished.

Raghu
28th January 2005, 05:40 PM
Rohith,

Please go back and read my postings on 'Maya', I clearly this world is material world and it
Is all an illusion, but supernatural activity be it GOD/ Ghosts are beyond this world, hence they
Do not fall into this 'Maya' category! , so your logics are wrong this time, pal :lol: :lol:

So please read the posts, b4 trying to be funny by digging your own pitfalls, the above posts by you and Roshan Illustrates nothing but egoism (me, me and me, I know everything in this world),Arrogance & ignorance, this is the typical nature of us humans, this is 'Maya' as well,
Once we live in this 'Maya', we will never escape the vicious cycle of 'Birth & death'.

Raghu
28th January 2005, 06:05 PM
Rohith, I hope you understand, for my anger, I wanted to talk something useful, about this topic, but every one including you , started messing around like this, I never expected this of you!

Highly disappointed :cry:

Bad Boy
28th January 2005, 06:05 PM
So please read the posts, b4 trying to be funny by digging your own pitfalls, the above posts by you and Roshan Illustrates nothing but egoism (me, me and me, I know everything in this world),Arrogance & ignorance, this is the typical nature of us humans, this is 'Maya' as well,
Once we live in this 'Maya', we will never escape the vicious cycle of 'Birth & death'.
If I my comment:

When you admit that others know much more other things of which you don't have even the slightest tough of an Idea how should they discribe it then? There are people of vast logical and illogical capabilities and capacities living next door to you. When you bark like that above then I bet that your doormat is even smarter than you. Did it ever complain that it does not want to be stepped by your shoes?
And THIS is the Maya, every thing seems to be magic! Only SQL and C++ don't work.

A football is there to be kicked off and Raghu? :lol: :lol:

Raghu
28th January 2005, 06:50 PM
BB,

No point in talking with you, you probably noticed, I don't reply much to you, you guessed it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Raghu
28th January 2005, 06:54 PM
Bad Boy,

'There are people of vast logical and illogical capabilities and capacities living next door to you. '

er when did I NOT admit that, any (when I said, me me, I know everything) was meant at us Humans, we think we are every thing, we know everything , and that there is no god, that's what I meant.

ithu kooda puriyamal, door mat patri pesa vanthutanga, aiyo :evil: :( :(

Bad Boy
28th January 2005, 08:26 PM
:lol: :lol:
nAn ungaLukku adikka varavilai, ungaL Autograph edukka vanthEn. AnAl ungada mat thAn ennOda kathaiththathu. nInga ennOda kathaikkirathiRku ungaLukku nAn chanththarppam :idea: tharamaattEn enpathai ungaL door matikku nallA theriyumAm.

Rohit
28th January 2005, 08:39 PM
Is all an illusion, but supernatural activity be it GOD/ Ghosts are beyond this world, hence they Do not fall into this 'Maya' category!

My dear Raghu, could you please enlighten us all, how do you know all these about maya/illusions? I know it for sure that your logic (!) would go as far as to go and get stuck to those unverified, controversial and contradicting belief systems. I am afraid, in doing that you, yourself seem to create your own vicious circles and then struggle to provide consistent answers, but soon get agitated and start blaming others when questioned. Not a very nice thing to do, dear Raghu.

If ghosts/gods are not worldly and they are beyond recognition by the worldly creatures, which, according to you are nothing but an illusion, then what is the point in you getting so upset about it? If you really believe in all that, doesn’t that automatically count as part of your own illusion? Or do you hold that you know everything about maya/illusions/ghosts/gods even when under the spell of illusion and the rest are disillusioned? :wink:

Raghu, let me get this straight; if you really want to carry on just with your belief system, I will just read your posts and watch you doing just that and restrain myself from passing any comment on your posts. Is that OK with you? :|

Rohit
28th January 2005, 08:57 PM
The misuse of human brainpower should be punished.

What is the point in extinguishing the rocket that has no power to even take off ? :lol:

geno
28th January 2005, 09:12 PM
Welcome back dear Rohit! :D:D

Your presence was missed by many i would dare to say! :D :D :D

Raghu
28th January 2005, 09:38 PM
Rohith,

I will get back you on 'Maya' issue on Monday. :D

Geno ji,

Pls reply to my PM thanks :D

Rohit
28th January 2005, 10:58 PM
Welcome back dear Rohit! :D:D

Hi geno, thanks! :)

Our dear friend Raghu seems to have entangled himself between the worldly “maya/illusions” and the “supernatural” worlds of ghosts/gods while admitting him being under the acute spell of maya/illusion! Somehow, like our old friends, he also seems to have learnt swinging between the two worlds (duality) without knowing exactly who, whether it’s the atma/soul itself or the material body, under the spell. He doesn’t seem to realise that in either case, the whole issue would inseparably get plunged into degenerative regress and contradictions. :!:

son
29th January 2005, 12:49 AM
well certain psychic evil human beings are the deadly ghosts
otherwise ghosts dont exist.
i will say persons like serial killers, criminals, racists etc are the ghosts

Bad Boy
29th January 2005, 09:05 PM
The misuse of human brainpower should be punished.

What is the point in extinguishing the rocket that has no power to even take off ? :lol:
Recycling :thumbsup: Swords to ploughshares

Cindy
30th January 2005, 07:53 AM
NOV,

I have a ppt presentation on Ghosts with some real photos (what they claim) and voices. Some of them look as they are superimposed..anyway..is there anyway i can post it here so that everyone can see it and hear it ?

I have PMed some from this thread for mail IDs so that i can forward them.. i am sure those attracted to this thead either for or against will like it.

or those want it can PM me the mail ID.

Cindy

NOV
30th January 2005, 08:18 AM
Cindy, this question will be best answered by RR.

Cindy
30th January 2005, 12:08 PM
yea... i have posted that to him ...

blahblah
30th January 2005, 12:20 PM
Dear Moderators,It would be nice of you to have the Cindy's 'Ghost Show' here.I watched it ,though there aren't any real ghosts in it,art should be appreciated. :wink: :D .Please do it before other ghosts start appearing in this thread :lol: :lol: .I can already see them coming.

Cindy
30th January 2005, 12:34 PM
Dear Moderators,It would be nice of you to have the Cindy's 'Ghost Show' here.I watched it ,though there aren't any real ghosts in it,art should be appreciated. :wink: :D .Please do it before other ghosts start appearing in this thread :lol: :lol: .I can already see them coming.

Other ghosts? ???

This one came to me as a forwarded one... normally i delete after reading, but kept this with me when the "unexpected thread" was active and sent to some who participated there...

though they are trying to convince u that ghosts exist.. some of the fotos will give u a clue that there is a very fine skilled ghost workshop... as blah blah pointed out. Its all fun if u are looking for it... others will "see and listen" real ghosts in it... so close the doors...switch off the lights.... plug in ur speakers or head fones... and Watch the show..!

nirosha sen
30th January 2005, 01:05 PM
Dang Cindy!!!! So sorry Pa!! I never did get back to you abt that forwarded Ghost Show, did I??? A thousand apologies, Pa!! :oops:

Did I watch it????!!!! God Almighty, I had to pick a day when hubby wasn't home, Pa!!! Just the kids and I and we had to watch the show at 10 pm that night too!!!!!

When it came to the last of the show, we were all peering way too close to the monitor for the finale, Pa!!!!!! The three of us screamed so loud, that my daughter was in tears and all 3 had to sleep in the master bedroom after that, as even my son refused to sleep in his own bed!!!!!

Phew, Pa!!!! :shock:

RR
30th January 2005, 01:10 PM
Here's the Cindy's 'Ghost show' :

:arrow: http://forumhub.lunarpages.com/contribs/unexpected.pps

Cindy
30th January 2005, 01:49 PM
nAn ungaLukku adikka varavilai, ungaL Autograph edukka vanthEn. AnAl ungada mat thAn ennOda kathaiththathu. nInga ennOda kathaikkirathiRku ungaLukku nAn chanththarppam :idea: tharamaattEn enpathai ungaL door matikku nallA theriyumAm.

Oh BB

your post is reminding me of my nice old Srilankan Tamil neighbors...the first time when i heard "enna kathaikkireergal?" i said , "oh am I?"... I dint know that meant "talking" in ur language and she dint know that meant "gasping" in my language... and they added then and there to my lankan vocabulary that when thenali came, i could enjoy it very much...
:)

Cindy
30th January 2005, 03:31 PM

Yam petra inbam ( :?: ) peruga ivvayyagam...

Bad Boy
30th January 2005, 07:45 PM
A good santharpam trailor but no cinema songs I would comment.

you r reminding of my nice old Srilankan neighbors...
I did not know of any good Srilankans! But now I am a little bit perplexed. Nirosha says I am a Nalla Thambi, now you associate me to your good neighbours --> It seems my nomen est omen has lost its magic. :lol:

Cindy
30th January 2005, 09:18 PM
Edited my post.. now okay?

scorpio
31st January 2005, 05:48 PM
Well, It all depends upon what we define as 'Ghosts'. This term has been associated with something evil by most of us.

Being a Psychic or a Medium who can communicate to Ghosts is a famous profession in developed countries. I myself have been to a Medium and got answers to some of my problems ( or hard pressing issues where I had to decide) and believe me, all that was told was 100% CORRECT.

After this, I now firmly believe that there is 'Life after death' and we enter the so-called 'Spirit world' until we get re-born again on Planet Earth!

Cindy
31st January 2005, 06:11 PM
Scorpio,

This was years back during a UGC program in Doordarshan. The professors were explaining the 20/80 theory which came in SPAN too. I was too young to understand the whole discussion, but what i uncerstood was that we use only 20% of our abilities both physical and mental... when we are wasting the other 80% of our abilities because we believe that we cannot...to explain that it is all our attitude or belief...and that we can do only if we believe we will, they hypnotised an old woman and asked her to bend an iron rod, which she said she cant when she was alert, and failed as she tried in her conscious mind. after hypnotising her they said to her that her hands are now stronger than steel and that she can of course bend it like a rubber band...etc etc.. at last when the same lady tried in her hypnotised state to bend the rod, she was successful.

i dont know which year that program was... but do u think UGC ppl would do tricks?

Raghu
31st January 2005, 07:23 PM
Cindy,

The Last Picture on the slide scared the hell out of me :shock: :shock:

Raghu
31st January 2005, 07:49 PM
Dear Scorpio,

Pls take part in the 'GOD' topics, as we are debating on this issue, Life after birth

scorpio
1st February 2005, 10:51 AM
Raghu,

Which thread r u talking about? Is it the ' Do u believe in evolution or GOD ' or 'Does GOD exist" thread? I think the meaning of both threads are one and the same.

Anyway, once u tell me the correct thread, I'll post my experiences of visiting the Medium and communicating with spirits and what I have understood about what happens after we die.

Raghu
1st February 2005, 04:02 PM
Dear Scorpio,

Pls post your views on 'Does God Exists'.

thanks

Bad Boy
1st February 2005, 04:25 PM

Oh BB

your post is reminding me of my nice old Srilankan Tamil neighbors...the first time when i heard "enna kathaikkireergal?" i said , "oh am I?"... I dint know that meant "talking" in ur language and she dint know that meant "gasping" in my language... and they added then and there to my lankan vocabulary that when thenali came, i could enjoy it very much...
:)

Cindy,
I don't know that much Tamil but could it be that you mean "kaLaikkiRInggal". I think kaLaippu means tired or tierdness. If you are out of breath for example after 100 metre dash then I would also ask "enna unggaLukku ithu kaLaikuthA?".

Cindy
1st February 2005, 06:22 PM
No BB..
My language is malayalam..."kithappu..kithakkal..kithaykkuka".. all means gasping...

They are now in Srilanka.. but i dont have their address.. or else i could've asked u to meet them to confirm they are safe when u go there.. i tried all my best to get their address.. poor things.. hope they are safe..

Querida
2nd February 2005, 08:14 AM
Thank God i read Nirosha and Raghu's comments before i went to the link...or i would have demanded to sleep with my amma as well... :P i've seen similar forwards before with the last face...but a presentation which leads you on for so long and then bam!...there is another such presentation i have seen with different pictures...i will see if i can get my hands on it...the sacriest one i saw was when the exoricist gurl appears lastly in one of the forwards...i had a hard time forgetting that one!

r_kk
2nd February 2005, 01:41 PM
Cindy’s power point presentation is worth like watching a “Thikil movie” particularly the sound at the end which shocks the viewers, who have faith in such supernatural beliefs. But, are these photographs worth believing?

This kind of photographs can be taken by the following methods.
• Superimposing multiple images on same film (I had taken man with 6 hands)
• Keeping “Agar bathi” or “ cigarette” in front of camera
• Digital editing

There are other possibilities to get such images in photos.
• any dust or fungus grown on lens (very common)
• any water spray or snow flakes between camera and object

If someone intentionally want to create such photographs, it is very easy these days with the available software tools. So, before believing any thing, perform detail verification of other possibilities. In case of digital photographs, zoom and look at the edges of such images for minor pixel unsmooth ness.

The main problem of the Ghost image sighting is that Ghost shapes are similar to our conventional assumptions of Ghosts as white smoke & human like objects. It is mere our own assumptions about supernatural beliefs. Why numbers of Alien encounters are more in America than India? Why all the aliens are like human like shape (resembling human skull and grey color)? The answer is that most of the sightings are “visualization of brain” according to their own belief system and not the actual one. More over even if we consider Ghosts exist in energy form, logically photographing is not possible.

blahblah
2nd February 2005, 01:57 PM
Why is noone coing out with stories of sighting a ghost etc? Otherwise the thread won't be interesting enough. :lol:

Cindy
2nd February 2005, 03:28 PM
Yes.. r_kk

Most of them are very clear that they are superimposed.... especially the kid's close up shot with someone else behind the kid... please look at it closely and the back ground colors.....the white shade is only for that image and its blue for that baby...

Querida
2nd February 2005, 09:18 PM
r_kk yes i think many of us took Cindy's presentation as just that a presentation not as evidence...it is fun to be scared at times...that is i think another reason why we need ghosts to exist to add mystery to a life that seems to be explained so easily away by ideal scientific theories...a nostalgia of older times which we like to ridicule at times yet seem wanting of its wonderment of the world...otherwise what you wrote in your post is quite correct...

as i said before for any needs for 'evidence' on this thread just take a look at 'tales of the unexpected'...

Raghu
2nd February 2005, 10:01 PM
Why is noone coing out with stories of sighting a ghost etc? Otherwise the thread won't be interesting enough. :lol:

yo, let me have scare free sleeps man, :evil: :lol: :lol:

scorpio
8th February 2005, 10:08 AM
I visited the medium last week and came to know about this bizarre incident!

A well-to-do modern couple had come to meet her for their daughter. They said that their daughter had of late started behaving strangely. She had started to speak in Urdu and crave for all village things like tea, bun, palli mittai, kamar kattu etc which are not the craze with metro children. It was found that the spirit of another village child that was washed away in the recent Tsunami has entered her body and hence the strange behaviour.

The medium communicated with good spirits known to her and took the other spirit out the girl's body and I heard now she is back to her normal self.

I couldn't conclude whether to believe this or not but after seeing in person, I can't resist believing.

The medium told me that such cases of another spirit possession in children have increased after the Tsunami that took away the lives of many, innocent children untimely.

Very strange but true!

Raghu
8th February 2005, 06:52 PM
I visited the medium last week and came to know about this bizarre incident!

A well-to-do modern couple had come to meet her for their daughter. They said that their daughter had of late started behaving strangely. She had started to speak in Urdu and crave for all village things like tea, bun, palli mittai, kamar kattu etc which are not the craze with metro children. It was found that the spirit of another village child that was washed away in the recent Tsunami has entered her body and hence the strange behaviour.

The medium communicated with good spirits known to her and took the other spirit out the girl's body and I heard now she is back to her normal self.

I couldn't conclude whether to believe this or not but after seeing in person, I can't resist believing.

The medium told me that such cases of another spirit possession in children have increased after the Tsunami that took away the lives of many, innocent children untimely.

Very strange but true!

Scorpio, What medium are you talking about? :?

scorpio
9th February 2005, 09:58 AM
Medium is one who can communicate with spirits ( dead people who live in the other world).

NM
9th February 2005, 10:10 AM
Medium is one who can communicate with spirits ( dead people who live in the other world).
Scorpia...did you mean someone like Whoopi Goldberg in the movie "Ghost"?

scorpio
9th February 2005, 10:23 AM
Hi NM,

Sorry, haven't seen the movie and hence unable to relate to.

After death, only our physical body dies but the soul doesn't die. The soul lives in the spirit world and takes re-birth when the specified time comes again.

' Medium' is a person who can contact such spirits ( it may be yr relative /friend who has died and not taken re-birth till now). They usually use an Ouja board/PLanchette though some can communicate even without that.

I used to ridicule my mom who was communicating to my dead father thru' the medium all along till one day, I have been myself to ask some replies for certain hard-pressing issues.

For the past 4-5 months, I've made more than 4-5 visits to the medium and have started believing that we do not really die after death.

NM
9th February 2005, 12:46 PM
Thanks Scorpio.

Raghu
9th February 2005, 03:48 PM

Scorpio, where do you find such ppl? :shock:

Raghu
9th February 2005, 03:49 PM

Scorpio, where do you find such ppl? :shock:

scorpio
9th February 2005, 05:34 PM
Not very difficult. There are lot of Psychics /clairvoyants available even in UK ( I suppose that is where u live).

I know few in Chennai only.

Raghu
9th February 2005, 06:42 PM
Not very difficult. There are lot of Psychics /clairvoyants available even in UK ( I suppose that is where u live).

I know few in Chennai only.

Thanks Scorpio, The thought of it is making me really scary :shock: .

and, Yes I do Live in UK

scorpio
10th February 2005, 10:31 AM
The thought of it is making me really scary - Why Raghu??

You only need to double check that you are going to a very reliable and genuine person.

As an onlooker, you will not feel or see anything.

If you need anymore help, do PM me.

PS - I was in the same boat some months back. I used to make fun of my mom and gran for beleiving anything supernatural. Now, life has taken a new turn. :?

Shakthiprabha.
11th February 2005, 03:04 PM
I was refraining myself from replying to this thread.
I am SCARED OF ghosts. Thats the fact. I do not read such threads when my hus is not in station.

I am not sure about the scientific proof of ghosts.

But this is a true story which happened to my friend.

My friend with his family had gone to a resort to enjoy
his hols. I believe the cottages given by the reputed
travel org was lil uninhabited in a spooky quiet place.

My friend's wife (lets call her g) was feeling uneasy
in one particular room of that cottage and adamantly refuse
to sleep in that room, took the kids and went off to another
room.

So my friend (lets call him S) was sleeping alone, in a
particular room in that cottage. Somewhere around midnight,
he woke up to see an vague, blurred vision of an old man
standing and giving S a very sad look. He could not know
if its true or not, contemplated if its a dream. He wanted to
get away, before which the voice replied, NOT TO GET SCARED ETC.

It vanished soon, and I believe next day the hall was lil
chaotic(while none of them had anything to do with it), and
the choclate stored in the refrigerator WAS MISSING. Children
swore they did not take the chocs. (Now, that MADE ME GRIN

A GHOST FOND OF CHOCLATES...:))....)

ANyway, next day they moved out of cottage. S still SWEARS that
he was not dreaming and could see an old man with white beard
and a sad look in his face, who was staring at him!

(I wish MY HUSBAND DOES NOT TOUR FOR ANOTHER 4 MONTHS :((..)

Raghu
11th February 2005, 03:10 PM
Shakthi

Hello :D ,

Say 'Om Namashivya' 108 times, with your mind fully focused on Shivlingam, every thing will be fine :)

vatta

Bad Boy
11th February 2005, 03:30 PM
Shakthi

Hello :D ,

Say 'Om Namashivya' 108 times, with your mind fully focused on Shivlingam, every thing will be fine :)

vatta

Raghu,
does it has to be shivalingam? Or could it be anyone else's too?

This is just a question only? Really, don't you believe me? I also don't believe either in ghosts or in gods!

Shakthiprabha.
11th February 2005, 10:32 PM
///Raghu,
does it has to be shivalingam?//

Does it have to be shivalingam...

No it can be anythng else, provided ur concentration
and belief is 100 percent

//Or could it be anyone else's too? ///

I think I FAIL TO GET U THERE. I dont know if RAGU
QUITE UNDERSTOOD UR QUESTION.

Can u plz repeat what u meant????

I am replying here, inspite of the question being addressed
to raghu because, THE SUGGESTION OF PRAYER TO SHIVALINGA
WAS SUGGESTED TO ME.

//Really, don't you believe me? I also don't believe either in ghosts or in gods!//

Thats left to owns will n wish. Nobody can coerce anyone
to follow any kinda beliefs.

son
12th February 2005, 10:29 AM
raghu human mind is soo fascinating that you can control your mind by various techniques
saying om namasivayh is just a way of convincing or self-satisfying yourself from various devious thoughts.
According to me, i just think about my lovin mom, dad and my family to focus my thoughts from something else.
I do value them as god. dats why.
but if u say omnamasivaya and then disrespect your loved ones or do evil then u are a ghost. Infact even thieves may say omnamasivaya a hundred times before stealing. whats the use? A murderer may say omnamasivaya inorder to divert his thoughts from the crime

mandangi
16th February 2005, 07:13 AM
Ghosts do not exist. Horror book writers, horror cinema makers and horror TV serial makers are making lot of money by name of ghosts.

mandangi
18th February 2005, 08:24 PM
Not only horror serial makers and book writers, some magicians also make money by name of ghosts, hysteria and black magic.

Nerd
7th October 2005, 01:26 PM

I woke up at 1:30 am to call India to wish someone happy birthday. I dint get sleep after that and I swear this is not the best thing to do at 3 am in the morning.. Geez, did that pps freak me out :shock:

P.S. Heck with my headphones :banghead:

Scale
7th October 2005, 04:46 PM

I woke up at 1:30 am to call India to wish someone happy birthday. I dint get sleep after that and I swear this is not the best thing to do at 3 am in the morning.. Geez, did that pps freak me out :shock:

P.S. Heck with my headphones :banghead:

:lol: :rotfl:

enna kasi ithukellam poi bayapadureengha. If I check my archives, I will find ghosts running door to door.... (mpeg version, ithellam oru pilm thaan).

ssanjinika
7th October 2005, 05:54 PM
Didnt we have a topic called Tales of the unexpected or something of that kind???Cant seem to find that topic now though :).

IT was pretty interesting read :p.