PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Thillana... Lakshman? Meena?

Umesh
27th January 2005, 07:49 AM
Hey maybe you guys or someone could help me. I heard this INCREDIBLY catchy Thillana online. I was surprised as I never thought a ragam such as Kedaragoula could sound so... well, catchy of course! It is available online at

http://www.library.wisc.edu:2785/libraries/Music/ereserves/anderson401/tape6263.htm

if you want to take a listen, but maybe you already know the piece.
The opening lines are "nadhru tha dheem thomdhru tha dheem thanananana." I would like to know the composer of this and the lyrics, if you have them. Also, it seems that there's no Sahityam... and a very short anupallavi... odd.

Thanks again!

Lakshman
27th January 2005, 08:37 PM
Sorry Umesh. I don't have any information on this tillana but will look into it and let you know.

Umesh
28th January 2005, 04:57 AM
Thanks.

Lakshman
5th February 2005, 02:10 AM
I have not been able to find any additional information on this but it seems to me that the tillana was just created this way just for the dance performance since most of the clip is devoted to the pallavi. But it is odd that it ends abruptly.

Umesh
12th February 2005, 01:52 AM
Yes, it is a bit odd. This recording is from Balasaraswati's troupe (I believe the singer may be Ganeshan, the son of Balasaraswati's guru, who was her nattuvanar from a young age). Anyways, interesting stuff. Thanks for your input.