PDA

View Full Version : 1980-2000 - Best movies & Their Reviews

selvamohankumar
8th February 2011, 11:46 AM
Greetings Hubbers!

Yesterday as i was watching the Tv, i was listening to this song "Poovae sempovae un vasam varum", i donno the movie name too. God I am so bad that i like this song to the core but never know its movie name also and the worst thing is karthick gives some big reactions in that song, i don know why he does that too. I really felt bad of it. Now i wanted to know abt the entire best films list in the time between 1980-2000. The best source i know is our Hub! Please list the movies which are best the time period. Its big help for me and those really doesnt know tamil cinema in those days! A detailed review about those movies will also be helpful.

groucho070
8th February 2011, 11:56 AM
The best source i know is our Hub! :rotfl: Sorry, the film is Solla Tudikkuthu Manasu, a film about nothing, except great songs. I like Talaivar's display pix you have, nice :smile:

hattori_hanzo
8th February 2011, 12:05 PM
karthick gives some big reactions in that song

Radharavi koral ivvalavu inimaya irukkumannu oru adhirchi.

selvamohankumar
8th February 2011, 12:40 PM
:rotfl: Sorry, the film is Solla Tudikkuthu Manasu, a film about nothing, except great songs. I like Talaivar's display pix you have, nice :smile:
Wasnt that a nice movie? Who is the MD for the film i heard most saying that particular song was their favourite :)

Some list of best movies that time pleasE?

selvamohankumar
8th February 2011, 12:41 PM

GOOD one :lol:

mexicomeat
8th February 2011, 04:43 PM

similar shock hearing chinna pura ondru from anbe sangeetha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39J49Szj-Qk

thenga seenivasan

Nerd
8th February 2011, 07:16 PM
Who is the MD for the film

:shock: No kidding! Ilaiyaraaja.

Avadi to America
8th February 2011, 07:45 PM
Illamai yeenum pongatru....sridevi kuda antha manushan... kodumai da samy

SuraTheLeader
8th February 2011, 08:04 PM
One of my FAV :

"Vaan nila, nila alla...un vaalibam nila"

Idhu endha year :confused:
enna Film....
can some one throw light on this song to me...
Thx....

Archaic
8th February 2011, 08:17 PM
Its from Pattina Prevesam...from MSV..If am not mistaken its from spb

app_engine
9th February 2011, 12:54 AM
Now i wanted to know abt the entire best films list in the time between 1980-2000.

ok, let me list a few movies post 1980 that I've enjoyed a lot, with brief intro.

ஜானி, 1980, directed by Mahendran, music by IR, Rajinikanth (2 roles) and Sridevi.

The mature love between stage singer Sridevi and clever criminal Johnny is one of the best portrayed in TF. One has to be prepared for the relaxed way of story telling by the director and not become impatient, wanting many "sudden-events"

மூன்றாம் பிறை, 1982, directed by Balu Mahendra, music by IR, Kamal / Sridevi.

The exquisite love and affection the school teacher Kamal showers on Sridevi, a "girl-in-woman's-body" (due to accident / amnesia), is poetic.

பயணங்கள் முடிவதில்லை, 1982, directed by R Sundarrajan, music by IR, Mohan / Poornima Jayaraman

A musical love story with seven fantastic songs placed in nice situations - the love between the singer Mohan and poet Poornima is soft and heart warming

சலங்கை ஒலி, 1983, directed by K Viswanath, Thamizh version of Telugu Sagarasangamam, music by IR, Kamal / Jayapradha

Showcases Kamal's classical dance capabilities with award winning music score by Raja. The platonic love between the leads is one of the best "soft and soothing" on screen

சிந்துபைரவி , 1985, directed by K Balachandar, music by IR, Sivakumar / Suhasini / Sulakshana

Story of a classical singer who falls into an adulterous relationship with a fan who challenges him to take classical music to all classes of people. Another award winning score by Raja

....to be continued :-)

venkkiram
9th February 2011, 01:33 AM
பயணங்கள் முடிவதில்லை, 1982, directed by R Sundarrajan, music by IR, Mohan / Poornima Jayaraman

A musical love story with seven fantastic songs placed in nice situations - the love between the singer Mohan and poet Poornima is soft and heart warming
பயணங்கள் முடிவதில்லை-ல் இடம்பெற்றுள்ள அற்புதமான பாடல்களை ஒலியில் கேட்கலாம் , ஒளியும் ஒலியுமாக ரசிக்கலாம் . அதைத் தவிர்த்து படத்துல அப்படி என்ன இருக்குன்னு புரியல.

app_engine
9th February 2011, 01:37 AM
continuing the list...

முதல் மரியாதை, 1985, Directed by Bharathiraja, music by IR, Sivaji Ganesan / Radha, Lyrics by Vairamuthu

Presented with mild humor, poem and aesthetics, this movie deals with the complex issues facing a respected villager -Sivaji -trapped inside an unhappy marriage. Especially when he finds comfort in the company of a much younger woman -Radha - who comes to the village to make a living

பூவே பூச்சூட வா, 1985, Directed by Fazil, remake of Malayalam நோக்கெத்தா தூரத்து கண்ணும் நட்டு, music by IR, Nadhiya / Padmini / SV Sekar

Sweet story that is unique for portraying the love between an old lady and her grand daughter, told with some humor and sweet songs

அஞ்சலி, 1990, Directed by Maniratnam, music by IR, Raghuvaran / Revathy / Prabhu / kids

Tale of a girl child born with a disability and not expected to live longer. Some scenes can be too emotional and powerful to force tears gushing out while the movie is mostly fun with kids and groovy songs

நாயகன், 1987, Directed by Maniratnam, music by IR, Kamal / Saranya

Story of a Thamizh underworld don in Mumbai brought alive on screen by Kamal with a lot of twists / bravado / emotions

மௌனராகம், 1986, Directed by Maniratnam, music by IR, Mohan / Karthik / Revathy

Tragic episode in life haunts the girl Revathy when circumstances force her into a marriage not to her liking. The troubled relationship with the husband Mohan is poetically presented with some sweet songs

...to be continued

app_engine
9th February 2011, 01:45 AM
பயணங்கள் முடிவதில்லை-ல் இடம்பெற்றுள்ள அற்புதமான பாடல்களை ஒலியில் கேட்கலாம் , ஒளியும் ஒலியுமாக ரசிக்கலாம் . அதைத் தவிர்த்து படத்துல அப்படி என்ன இருக்குன்னு புரியல.

Well, it had a lot to do with nostalgia in my case. Till I got out of college, there was still a poet inside me and right from the iLaya nilA scene, one automatically jumps into Poornima's mind when watching the movie.

From that viewpoint, it's a thrilling movie :-)

Also, decency / uncomplicated presentation / nice performance by artists etc provide a wholesome experience - which I repeated several times in theater during college years :-)

app_engine
9th February 2011, 02:00 AM
I generally like the kind of suspense that the audience know but a main character does not know and how it gets manifest. That could be another reason for liking PM.

Another thing - vAzhvE mAyam & PM happened just around the same time period - with very similar love story/ terminal illness stuff. While one was a javvu for me because of the prostitute character (despite having Kamal / Sridevi / decent songs etc), the other was decent with some sharp dialogs (உன் கல்யாணத்துக்கு ஓசில பாடறேன்னு சொன்னானே) and presented fresh.

rajeshkrv
9th February 2011, 03:43 AM
hattori_hanzo ,

there is nothing wrong in Radharavi's voice . One of the best voices(for an Actor) of TFM.How many modulations and how many variations (mannerisms) ..

app_engine
9th February 2011, 04:06 AM
நெஞ்சத்தைக்கிள்ளாதே, 1981, Directed by Mahendran, Music by IR, Pratap / Mohan / Suhasini, Cinematography by Ashok Kumar

Music way ahead of its times is the mainstay in this soft movie that tells how a mischevous, bubbly youth ends up paying heavily for her unkind act to an irritable sister-in-law. That, with an award winning "pleasant-to-eyes" cinematography

ஆண் பாவம், 1985, Directed by Pandiyarajan, Music by IR, Pandiyan / Seetha / Revathy / Pandiyarajan

A heady mixture of fun, romance and sadness, presented with some extraordinary BGM and sweet songs. Some expected stereotypes and some totally unexpected turns / scenes make this movie an unique experience

நான் பாடும் பாடல், 1984, Directed by R Sundarrajan, Music by IR, Mohan / Ambika / Sivakumar / Goundamani

Possibly the most decent romance shown in TF - between singer Ambika and admirer Mohan. Movie is a heady mixture of top-class songs, tragic event, hilarious comedy scenes and cliche'd climax

வைதேகி காத்திருந்தாள், 1984, Directed by R Sundarrajan, Music by IR, Vijayakanth / Revathy / Goundamani

Musically rich, this is a movie of many tragic events but cleverly fused with some rib-tickling stuff and a successful romance to ensure viewer pleasure. One-of-a-kind movie by way of usage of stars and packaging

ஒரு கைதியின் டைரி, 1985, Directed by Bharathiraja, Music by IR, Kamal / Radha / Revathy

On the surface, a typical revenge story with 3 villains - the magical number for films. OTOH, the presentation was novel that ensured the attention of viewers. The "romance-after-marriage" between Kamal & Radha is perhaps one of the sweetest seen on-screen and so are the "peculiar-situation-interactions" between a girl and her would-be-father-in-law

...to be continued

app_engine
9th February 2011, 04:43 AM
நூறாவது நாள், 1984, Directed by Manivannan, Music by IR, Vijayakanth / Mohan / Nalini / Sathyaraj

Thriller featuring a girl with ESP that gives her clue as to both inexplicable past events and possible forthcoming dangers. Ofcourse, unbelievable without accounting for occult. However, the movie is presented in an enthralling manner and some innovative, localized BGM

என் பொம்முக்குட்டி அம்மாவுக்கு, 1988, Directed by Fazil, remade from என்டே மாமாட்டுக்குட்டி அம்மைக்கு, Music by IR, Sathyaraj / Raghuvaran / Suhasini / Rekha

Sweet songs and a sweet kid make this movie watching very pleasant while some scenes / tragic events could be moving. The other highlight is (mostly) measured and mature performance by all artists. Sure, there're some FF sequences but overall a nice watch

கரகாட்டக்காரன், 1989, Directed by Gangai Amaran, Music by IR, Ramarajan / Kanaga / Goundamani / Senthil

Sure it had inspirations from the classic Thillana Moganambal, but the heady mix of rustic music that makes one dance combined with phenomenal comedy scenes ensures the appeal of this movie for many watches

அபூர்வ சகோதரர்கள், 1989, Directed by Singeetham Srinivasa Rao, Music by IR, Kamal (3 roles), Gowthami, Roobini

While the dwarf Kamal is the main attraction of this tale, the respo of making one laugh to the point the rib pains is given to his brother. Sure, the revenge with villains (not 3 but 4) is there but like OKD, the presentation is in a novel format that makes this movie special

தூறல் நின்னு போச்சு, 1982, Directed by K Bhagyaraj, Music by IR, Bhagyaraj / Sulakshana / Nambiar

Some hilarious sequences, innocent expressions of the female lead, typical cliche's, dramatic turns - all concocted into a simple village romance story. Some exotic music and songs make it extremely pleasnt to watch!

More later...

groucho070
9th February 2011, 06:34 AM
App, fantastic mini-reviews. Waiting for more. :smile:

app_engine
9th February 2011, 07:56 AM
நன்றி, groucho!

:-)

V_S
9th February 2011, 08:55 AM
App,
Wow! It's great rewind of the most-loved films, very interesting! Keep them coming!! :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

selvamohankumar
9th February 2011, 09:58 AM
@App:

THanks alot. ALready i have more than 10 movies to be watched now. Ur review kindles me to watch those!

i wonder a movie Ponnumani by karthick, it was too good for me but it doesnt make it many ppl favourite. The songs were also great. Was that movie in best movies list of that year?

hattori_hanzo
9th February 2011, 11:02 AM
hattori_hanzo ,

there is nothing wrong in Radharavi's voice . One of the best voices(for an Actor) of TFM.How many modulations and how many variations (mannerisms) ..

rajeshkrv, i said nothing wrong about his voice. My quote was just a reply to the question raised on Karthik's shocked expression. :-) I agree Radharavi has a gifted voice but he hasnt been utilized properly in TFI. Especially in the 90's he played the cliched role of a villiage chieftain AND/OR heroine's brother or father.

hattori_hanzo
9th February 2011, 11:04 AM
i wonder a movie Ponnumani by karthick, it was too good for me but it doesnt make it many ppl favourite. The songs were also great. Was that movie in best movies list of that year?
I dont think so. Kizhakku Vasal, released before Ponnumani was a better movie & a big hit.

groucho070
9th February 2011, 11:35 AM
Ponnumani was well known as a followup to the hit Kizhakku Vasal, mattapadi just the songs. I don't remember what the movie is about, except it features a misunderstood poor Karthik, a different role that a poor misunderstood Karthik in Kizhakku Vasal. However, the director, Uthayakumar then directed Karthik again as poor misunderstood Karthik in Nanthavana Theru a totally forgettable film, even the songs despite IR.

hattori_hanzo
9th February 2011, 11:47 AM
Ponnumani was well known as a followup to the hit Kizhakku Vasal, mattapadi just the songs. I don't remember what the movie is about, except it features a misunderstood poor Karthik, a different role that a poor misunderstood Karthik in Kizhakku Vasal. However, the director, Uthayakumar then directed Karthik again as poor misunderstood Karthik in Nanthavana Theru a totally forgettable film, even the songs despite IR.

I think it did reasonably well. There was another followup to this followup - Muthukkalai (Karthik, Soundarya, Napolean). And many more followups to Kizhakku Vasal - like Deiva Vaakku (Karthik, Revathi), Katta Panjayathu etc

Poor Misunderstood Karthik - LOL.

groucho070
9th February 2011, 12:08 PM
Okay, they are PM Karthik followup. Nan sonnathu RVUK/PMK followup. Dang, sound like political coalition now.

Stiglitz
9th February 2011, 06:13 PM
"Poor Misunderstood Karthik" is a Genre by itself! Unnedathil Ennai Koduthean, That one film with double action karthik, one dies, so the other pretends to be him, to uplift his whole family, only to get caught and crucified in the climax... Don't remember the name.

Karthik seriously has done his share of these films... Masochistic Fellow! :lol2:

raajarasigan
9th February 2011, 06:19 PM
Sandhita Velai ?

Stiglitz
9th February 2011, 06:36 PM
Thats the one! :)

This style is also Director Vikraman's Fort!

He made another with that guy from Unakku 18 Enakku 20... Same Type of story... Friend works his ass off to make his other friends big shots, the families which disowned his friends return after their sucesses, only to neglect and try to sideline the Thyagi. In the end, alls well ends well, with the overdone BG Score which is painfully repetitive throughout the movie...

Thyagam, Misunderstanding and Irritatingly Repetitive BGM are all important elements to a Vikraman Film IMO. :P

raajarasigan
9th February 2011, 06:39 PM
That was Punnagai Desam :)

Abhinaya
9th February 2011, 07:11 PM
Classical movies(1980 - 2000)

1.Varumaiyin Niram sivappu.
2.Thanneer Thanneer.
3.Antha 7 naatkal.
4.Mouna keethangal
5.kopurangkal saaiyvathillai.
6.Thooral ninnu pochu.
7.Moonraam pirai
8.Sinthu pairavi
9.poove poochchoodavaa.
10.muthal mariyaathai
11.samsaaram athu minsaaram.
12.kadamai kanniyam kattuppaadu
13.Naayakan
14.Pesum padam
15.Sathya
16.puthiya paathai
17.Anjali
18.Guna
19.Roja
20.Mahanathi
21.kuruthipunal.
22.HeyRam

Abhinaya
9th February 2011, 07:20 PM
Comedy Movies(1980 - 2000)

1.Inru poi naalai vaa.
2.Thillu mullu.
3.Meendum kokila.
4.Darling..Darling...
5.Manal kayiuru.
6.Aan paavam.
7.karakaattakkaaran.
8.MMKR.
9.Avvai Shanmukhi.

raajarasigan
9th February 2011, 07:22 PM
Yaarachum indha Classic Movie / Best Movie'na ennannu define pannidreengala... :cool: illatti naane enkku pudicha padatha list pottuduven.. :P

Abhinaya
9th February 2011, 07:28 PM
Thriller movies(1980 - 2000)

1.Tick...Tick...Tick...
2.Vidiyum varai kaaththiru.
3.Nooraavathu naal.
4.pulan visaaranai.

Abhinaya
9th February 2011, 07:34 PM
Commercial Movies[1980 - 2000]

1.Guru.
2.Murattu kaalai.
3.Sakala kalaa vallavan.
4.Munthaanai mudichu.
5.Moonru mukam.
6.Thoongaathe thambi thoongaathe.
7.kaakki chattai.
8.Malaiyoor mambattiyaan.
9.Senthoorap poove.
10.apoorva sakothararkal.
11.captain prabhaakarn.
12.chatriyan.

app_engine
9th February 2011, 09:08 PM
Thank you V_S & Selvamohankumar:-)

naane enkku pudicha padatha list pottuduven.. :P

This good/bad/classic/commercial etc are all individual opinions only :-)

So, please go ahead and list movies you liked and what aspect attracted you to encourage a revisit...

In my list (20 so far from the 1980-2000 time frame), the criteria is one or more special aspects that were differentiators to the movie, i.e. when it arrived, from the rest of those flooding out in the time frame.

All of them were received well by public to a decent degree, IMO, for this reason.

Ofcourse, each of them had some dragging moments, some irritable elements here and there (e.g. silukku scenes in moondRAm piRai) but they didn't eclipse the movie's USPs.

At the minimum, those were not made like "let's have a big star / good looking girl / 5-6 catchy songs / 3-4 long fights / 3-4 suddent twists, one necessarily at interval / 2-3 unconnected comedy scenes / 2-3 tearjerker scenes" :-)

San_K
12th February 2011, 12:09 AM
app :clap:

rajkumarc
12th February 2011, 03:01 AM
App - enjoying your list of movies and the short reviews :clap: , keep them coming

app_engine
12th February 2011, 03:24 AM
நன்றி, San_K and rajkumarc:-)

Let me add some more to the list, from the 80's & 90's. (I'm sticking to IR movies. Obviously, there were nice ones with other composers as well. I'm leaving them out for the respective composers' fans to come and highlight).

பன்னீர் புஷ்பங்கள், 1981, Directed by Sandhanabharathi - P Vasu (Bharathi-Vasu), music by IR, Pratap / Suresh / Shanthi Krishna

A rare film that handled adolescent infatuation with maturity :-) and shown realistically the feelings for opposite sex / associated jealousy etc. Like a whiff of fresh air, this film avoided most cliche's of TF prior and was blessed with fantastic music and pleasant cinematography in the Ooty setting

ராஜபார்வை, 1981, Directed by Singeetham Srinivasa Rao, Music by IR , Kamal / Madhavi, publicised as Kamal's 100th film

Romance of a talented violinist who is blind. Phenomenal score by IR combined with nice performances by the writer as well as the leads. One of the very few cases where a movie I liked didn't click with public. Not because of "lack of publicity" - a Kamal movie, that too his 100th, good reviews, popular songs etc meant good visibility. Why failed? Inexplicable! Looking back, I can probably reason that this movie was a case of "coming ahead of its time". If remade with some multiplex-friendly star & comedian, with absolutely no change, this may score well today

மலையூர் மம்பட்டியான், 1983, Directed by Rajasekar, music by IR, Thiagarajan / Saritha

What happens when a highly expressive Saritha develops feelings for Thiagarajan (Mambattiyan) with absolutely no expressions? Watch for that in this tale of glorification of a toughie villager, who was a real-life criminal per TN police records

உன்னை நான் சந்தித்தேன், 1984, Directed by P Rangaraj, Music by IR, Revathy / Suresh / Sujatha / Sivakumar

Wife-suspecting husband resorts to cheap method to spy on her, resulting in a split. What happens to them in the rest of the life is told with sweet music and some emotional moments

உதய கீதம், 1985, Directed by P Rangaraj, Music by IR, Revathy / Mohan / Goundamani

Stage singer Mohan is convicted for murder and facing capital punishment. Fan Revathy is madly in love with him and wants to live with him, even if it's for only a few days under surveillance. Great songs, enjoyable picturization despite "thrusted" situations

கடலோரக்கவிதைகள், 1986, Directed by Bharathiraja, Music by IR, Sathyaraj / Rekha / Ranjani

Typical love story - village toughie falls for the new teacher assigned to serve there and it's both ways too, then there are others - muRaippoNNu for the man / sophi boy for the girl etc - but the presentation layer and the fantastic music makes it a nice watch. Caution - turn off English subtitles, one of the most horrible ever

மைக்கேல், மதன, காம, ராஜன், 1990, Directed by Singeetham Srinivasa Rao, Music by IR, Kamal (4 roles), Kushbu, Oorvasi, Roobini, Nagesh

Tale of identical quadruplets, separated at birth by villains in the beginning of the movie. Told with sweet songs, fantastic on-screen performances, romance, humor and some irritating chase / fights but never anything serious

சிங்காரவேலன், 1992, Directed by R V Udhayakumar, Music by IR, Kamal / Kushbu, Goundamani

Village boy sets out to go to city to find his muRaippoNNu as per mother's advice. The only problem is the families lost contact when the girl was still a small baby. There's enmity between families as well. Mostly humorous but turns a bit melodramatic towards the end. Thankfully, recovers to humor again in the last scene

மகாநதி, 1994, Directed by Santhanabharathi, Music by IR, Kamal / Suganya

Highly emotional movie - tale of a naive villager who gets lured by a cheat and ends up in jail while his children are scattered to pitiable conditions. NOT for the weak hearted

சதிலீலாவதி, 1995, Directed by Balu Mahendra, Music by IR, Kamal / Kovai Sarala / Ramesh Aravind / Heera

Man helps a friend to get back to life after he gets into an adulterous relationship and neglects family. Instead of taking a serious path, the whole thing is told in a humorous manner

app_engine
12th February 2011, 03:47 AM
There are also many popular IR movies during this period (that are not the usual masAlAs) that I didn't watch as my movie watching pattern is like sine curve.

So, let it not be limited to mine or just a monologue - please others post your favourties that can be recommended to the next generation.

Pras
14th February 2011, 03:44 PM
app, nalla thaane reviews poduringa :D ... ithukkum podunga :

nizhalgal
enakkul oruvan
sippikkul muthu
darmathin thalaivan

sethu
kadhal kavithai
sembaruthi
thevar magan
mannan

app_engine
14th February 2011, 09:15 PM
Pras :-)

I've included only some "intro" notes for the 80-00 movies that I liked and thought of recommending in this thread to any "next gen" people :-) A little extra than mere listing but no "evaluation" of the said movies which I'm not qualified to do.

So, please don't take them as reviews.

I've tried to avoid 'masAlA' movies as much as possible. So, the movies mannan / dharmathin thalaivan / devar magan won't come in my list, even though portions of them are thoroughly enjoyable :-)

nizhalgan / enakkuL oruvan - I love the songs but the movies were boring to the core.

sippikkuL muthu & sethu - yes, these should be in my next (possibly last) list in this thread.

kadhal kavithai & semparuththi - didn't have a chance to watch these movies. Why don't you write about them? :wink:

PARAMASHIVAN
14th February 2011, 11:06 PM
Excellent stuff App na :)

My Fav

1) Billa
Only For Rajni

2) Salangai Ol
For Kamal, IR, SPB & Jeyapradha

3) Jhonny
For Rajni, Sridevi, IR and SPB

4) Payanangal mudivathillai

For IR , SPB

5) Moondru Mugum

Simply for ALex Pandiyan :)

6) Nayagan

For Kamal performance as an actor/singer and for IR

7) Puriyatha Puthi

I know .. I know... I know I know I know IIII KNOOOW great Actor sadly no more :(

8) Thalapthy

For Rajni, IR, SPB and last but not least the great mamooty

9) Geetanjali

For SPB/IR, I am deliberatley avoiding Idhayathai thirudathu thanks to the aswome suthapl by Mano

10) Muthal Mariyathai

Simply for the University of Acting!

SoftSword
14th February 2011, 11:25 PM
app, hope u misunderstood the thread title to be:
1980-2000 - IR's Best movies & Their Reviews

just kidding :)

app_engine
14th February 2011, 11:48 PM
SS :-)

After I finish my next / last list, if no one else is preparing tea in this kadai, I'll try to list some non-IR movies from this time period that I've enjoyed :-)

selvamohankumar
15th February 2011, 01:27 PM
SS :-)

After I finish my next / last list, if no one else is preparing tea in this kadai, I'll try to list some non-IR movies from this time period that I've enjoyed :-)

App as u have listed movies, u would be the right person to be questioned on this!

Which movie had the best acting right from hero, herione and everyone involved!

Which do u say the best movie within this perioD!

Abhinaya
15th February 2011, 08:10 PM
பயணங்கள் முடிவதில்லை - விகடன் விமர்சனம்

புதுசா அறிமுகமாகும் ஒரு டைரக்டரோட (ஆர்.சுந்தர்ராஜன்) படமாச்சே, எப்படி இருக்குமோ ஏதா இருக்குமோனு பயந்துகிட்டே தியேட்டருக்குள் போனேன். இரண்டாவது ரீல்லேயே எனக்கு சரியான நோஸ் கட்!

துணிக்குப் போடற கஞ்சியைக் குடிச்சே வயித்தை நிரப்பிக்கிற ஏழ்மை; இருந்தாலும் பாடகனா ஆகணுங்கற லட்சியம்- இது கதாநாயகன் ரவி (மோகன்). ரவியின் திறமையை வெளி உலகுக்குக் கொண்டுவர எல்லா முயற்சிகளையும் எடுத்து, அவனைக் காதலிக்கவும் செய்யும் கதாநாயகி ராதா (பூர்ணிமா ஜெயராம்). இவங்க ரெண்டு பேரையும் சுற்றி, டைரக்டர் திரைக்கதையைப் பின்னியிருக்கும் அழகு அப்படியே அசத்திடுது.

‘முதன்முதல் ராக தீபம் ஏற்றும் நேரம் புயல் மழையோ‘ பாடலும், டி.விக்காக ரவி பாடும் இன்னொரு பாடலும் படமாக்கப்பட்டுள்ள விதம் டைரக்டரோட எதிர்காலத்துக்கு உத்தரவாதம் அளிக்குது! (இளையராஜாவும் எஸ்பிபியும் இவருக்கு அசைக்க முடியாத இரு தூண்கள்!)

தனக்கு பிளட் கான்சர்ங்கறதை ராதாகிட்டே சொல்ல முடியாம ரவி திண்டாடறது, தன் மீதுள்ள காதலை அவ மறக்கணும்கறதுக்காக அவளை டீஸ் பண்றது, மூன்றாவது ஒரு மதுரை டாக்டர் (ராஜேஷ்) அறிமுகமாறது – பின் பகுதி விவகாரங்கள்லே துளிக்கூட அமெச்சூர்த்தனமே தெரியலே!

படத்துலே என்னதான் குறை?

ஹீரோவோட பிளட் கான்சர், வாழ்வே மாயத்தின் பாதிப்பு! டாக்டர் குமார் விஷயத்தில் அந்த 7 நாட்கள் பாதிப்பு!

இருந்தாலும், ஒரு ஊக்க போனஸ் மாதிரி 48 மார்க் தரலாம்!

Abhinaya
15th February 2011, 08:15 PM
சிறை - விகடன் விமர்சனம்

கோவி. திருநாயகன், விருத்தாசலம்-3
படத்தின் க்ளைமாக்ஸ் காட்சியில் பாகீரதி தாலியைக் கழற்றியெறிவது கதைக்குத் தேவையான புரட்சிகரமான கருத்துதான் என்றாலும்கூட, தமிழ்ப் பண்பாட்டுக்கு முரணாக உள்ளதை எண்ணும்போது உறுத்துகிறதே?
பாகீரதியின் இந்த முடிவை, அது எடுக்கப்பட்ட சூழ்நிலைக்கு முக்கியத்துவம் தந்து, யதார்த்தமான கண்ணோட்டத்தில் அந்தப் பிரச்னையை அணுகினால், உறுத்தல் இருக்காது!

தாலியின் புனிதத்தையோ, அதன் அவசியத்தையோ மறுப்பதோ, மறப்பதோ இங்கு கதாசிரியையின் எண்ணம் அல்ல. ஆனால், மனத்தால்கூடத் தவறிழைக்காத பெண் பாகீரதி. எதிர்பாராத ஒரு சூழ்நிலையில் ஒரு கயவனால் அவள் கற்பழிக்கப்பட்டுவிடும்போது, அதை ஜீரணிக்கமுடியாத கணவன், அவளுடன் தொடர்ந்து இல்வாழ்க்கை நடத்த விரும்பாவிட்டாலும், தன்னை நம்பி வந்த அந்த அபலைப் பெண்ணுக்கு உண்ண உணவும் இருக்க இடமும் கொடுக்க வேண்டியது அவனுடைய கடமையல்லவா? அந்தக் கடமையிலிருந்து நழுவி, அவளைப் பசியோடும் பட்டினியோடும் நிர்க்கதியாய் நடுத்தெருவில் நிற்க வைத்துவிட்டுக் கோழையாய் ஓடிவிடும் அந்தக் கணவனின் தாலி அவள் கழுத்தில் இருப்பதும் ஒன்றுதான்; இல்லாமலிருப்பதும் ஒன்றுதான்!

எஸ்.கே.பாரி, திருச்சி.
பாத்திரத்தோடு ஒன்றி நடிக்கும் நடிகை என்பதை இந்தப் படத்திலும் நிரூபித்துவிட்டார் லட்சுமி. சரிதானே?
ரொம்ப ரொம்பச் சரி! அப் பாவிப் பெண்ணாகக் கிராமத்தில் வந்து இறங்கும்போது, அருமை மனைவியாகக் கணவனுக்குப் பணிவிடை செய்யும்போது, அவருடன் சிணுங்கிக் கொஞ்சும்போது, எதிர்பாராதவிதமாக அந்தோணியால் கெடுக்கப்படும்போது, வார்த்தைகளால் அவனைச் சித்ரவதை செய்யும்போது, அவன் மரணத்துக்குப் பின் கதறித் துடிக்கும்போது – கற்பனையில் அனுராதாரமணன் கண்ட பாகீரதியைக் கண் முன் நிறுத்தியிருப்பதில் லட்சுமிக்கு 100% வெற்றி! அப்புறம், ராஜேஷை மறந்துவிட்டீர்களே? அந்தோணிசாமியாக அவரும் பிரமாதப்படுத்தியிருக்கிறார்!

எஸ்.சாய் கணேஷ், திருச்சி.
விகடனில் வெளியாகிப் பரிசு பெற்ற சிறுகதை, அதே அழுத்தத்துடன் திரையில் சொல்லப்பட்டிருப்பதில் உங்களுக்கு மகிழ்ச்சிதானே?
கண்டிப்பாக! விகடனில் வெளியான கதை என்பதற்காக இல்லை. அச்சில் வந்த எந்தக் கதையுமே படமாகும்போது சீர் கெட்டுச் சின்னாபின்னமாவதையே அதிகம் பார்த்திருக்கிறோம்! அதனால்!

இந்தச் சிறுகதையை சினிமா மீடியத்துக்குக் கொண்டு வரும் போது, படிக்கும்போதிருந்த விறுவிறுப்பும் அழுத்தமும் சற்றும் குறையாமல், ஏன், அதைவிட ஒரு படி அதிகமாகவே இருக்கும் அளவுக்குத் திரைக்கதை அமைத்துள்ள டைரக்டர் ஆர்.சி. சக்தியின் திறமைக்கு நாங்கள் கொடுக்க விரும்பும் போனஸ் ஐந்து மார்க்கையும் சேர்த்து…

பெரும்பான்மை வாசகர்களுக்குப் பிடித்த அம்சம்: லட்சுமியின் நடிப்பு.

பிடிக்காத அம்சம்: அனுராதாவின் கவர்ச்சி நடனம்.

விகடன் மார்க் - 56/100

நன்றி - siliconshelf.wordpress.com

Anban
18th February 2011, 02:19 AM
Pras :-)

I've included only some "intro" notes for the 80-00 movies that I liked and thought of recommending in this thread to any "next gen" people :-) A little extra than mere listing but no "evaluation" of the said movies which I'm not qualified to do.

So, please don't take them as reviews.

I've tried to avoid 'masAlA' movies as much as possible. So, the movies mannan / dharmathin thalaivan / devar magan won't come in my list, even though portions of them are thoroughly enjoyable :-)

nizhalgan / enakkuL oruvan - I love the songs but the movies were boring to the core.

sippikkuL muthu & sethu - yes, these should be in my next (possibly last) list in this thread.

kadhal kavithai & semparuththi - didn't have a chance to watch these movies. Why don't you write about them? :wink:

Devar Magan 'masala' padam aayiduchu.. !!!!!!!!!!

app_engine
18th February 2011, 02:33 AM
Devar Magan 'masala' padam aayiduchu.. !!!!!!!!!!

My earlier post :

This good/bad/classic/commercial etc are all individual opinions only :smile: