PDA

View Full Version : Less is More director V. Sekhar

groucho070
21st February 2011, 03:14 PM
If there is one director who deserves a thread that perhaps survive two days and then disappear into oblivion and is remembered and rescued by the likes of HR and me, it would be V. Sekhar.

Weekend my brother and I watched Pongalo Ponggal. Man, the movie bristles with tension left, right and centre, amidst comedy. I think he should be celebrated for coming up with small films that can be powerful scene by scene. In fact, watch how he hardly moves away from one scene, with unneccessary cuts showing reaction closeup. The actors, no matter how bad they are, are suddenly summoned to bring up energy you would never seen anywhere else. I never seen Viknesh the way I saw in the abovementioned film.

But the point is, you always get some sarakku from his films, mostly on comedy angle. In Ponggalo Ponggal, despite not one, two, three, but four comedians, VV, Vivek, Charlie, Sinni Jeyant, not to mention character artistes/comedian Kumarimuthu, it was Thiyagu who steals the show left right centre as stereotyped corrupt politicians. We laughed at him the most, especially considering the election season.

So, let's discuss this wonderful director. What is he doing these days by the way.

ajaybaskar
21st February 2011, 04:16 PM
He has ventured into politics i guess.. He was recently seen bashing the DMK govt in one tv channel.

HonestRaj
21st February 2011, 07:29 PM
he has a formula & mostly his films are entertaining..

he used Annan very well & Anja Singam Marugupandi is a legend

groucho070
22nd February 2011, 06:45 AM
Thanks for the info Ajay. Yeah, HR, Anja Singgam = Viralukketta Veekkam? Annan was fantastically used in Pondatti Sonna Ketkanum.

Rendee post-u, I'll hang on to it another day and let this thread go :sad:

Sarna
22nd February 2011, 02:17 PM
Groucho, below is for u.... I think it was written by our own hubber Jaiganes :roll:

http://passionforcinema.com/vshekars-dilemma/

Sarna
22nd February 2011, 02:18 PM
I have seen almost all movies of V Sekar, including the latest one(i guess) with Nepolena in lead :)

groucho070
22nd February 2011, 02:25 PM
Thanks Sarna. Let me take a look. I am not sure if I had seen most, they are usually alike story-wise, like how HR said, within a formula. But I like the acting in the film, very energetic.

Sarna
22nd February 2011, 02:35 PM
நான் பார்த்த, ரசித்த வி சேகர் படங்கள்

நீங்களும் ஹீரோ தான்
நான் புடிச்ச மாப்பிள்ளை
பொண்டாட்டி சொன்னா கேட்டுக்கனும்
ஒண்ணா இருக்கக் கத்துக்கனும்
பொறந்த வீடா புகுந்த வீடா
வரவு எட்டனா செலவு பத்தனா
காலம் மாறிப்போச்சு
பொங்கலோ பொங்கல்
எல்லாமே என் பொண்டாட்டி தான்
விரலுக்கேத்த வீக்கம்
கூடி வாழந்தால் கோடி நன்மை
வீட்டோட மாப்பிள்ளை

// shhabbaa, tamil'la type panradhu romba kashtamaa irukku :oops: murali sir and joe epdidhaan pakkam pakkamaa type panraanga'nu theriyala :(

spelling mishtake irundhaa mannikkavum.

groucho070
22nd February 2011, 02:47 PM
I read the post, Wow Jai! Superb stuff. You owe all of us part 2!

Sarna
22nd February 2011, 03:06 PM
I have heard but not seen few more movies like "நான் பெத்த மகனே", "பார்வதி என்னை பாரடி-similar naming style of Visu" .

Hope people like Jai, venkiram and plum can throw more light.

Plum
22nd February 2011, 03:41 PM
I am not the V Sekar expert Sarna. I havent seen any movie of his fully.